Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:10 am

[Concordia]

Yet you're a total homebody who rarely leaves D's limits unless on a job. You don't really give a damn about the answer 'cos the question don't affect you.' having finished counting out the bill, then gave a frown. 'Now for Mr Pink's debate. Fuck, I don't know what servers earn here.' showing her habitual concern towards the working stiffs, squinting at the bill, trying to see if the tip had been included. 'Fuck, my eyes are worse. Nothing like spending an afternoon sixteen again to see how bad they've got.'

"From what I have been told Horizon use the Northern European system, waiters are given a living vage and tipping is not automatically included but is seen as a nice gesture if you got good service."
Carlos said.
"I am not sure what that living vague is though, but while as you say I am a homebody I have been to Sweden once, I have an uncle there, I have relatives everywhere, and he said that for just going to a cafe there was really no hard and fast rule on tipping, just a tip jar which was shared at the end of the day where you dropped coins if you had them but for restaurant meals about 10 percent was considered to be polite but it is a extra and not the main basis of the waiter's pay."

'Erm... espresso, double. Please.' she replied weakly, fighting down the internal vision of them mentally measure her up to eat later.

The Sauroid nodded and set to making your drink, her movements was impossibly fast, that was the danger of these creatures, the Union did not use them outside of Constructs but you had been told in the academy they where a big danger when storming Union strongholds as they where both strong and fast enough to often interrupt a mystic's working so it fell on those smart enough to bring guns to shoot them before they really got going. Soon your coffee was ready on the counter.
"Anything elsssse Misss?"
The snake woman said regarding you with her dull, reptile eyes while flicking her forked tongue again. she probably could eat you...not that she did any hostile moves but she could.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:27 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:Thomas just glared at Serge and Snow broke in.
"No one is going to tell you that Kid just like no one will tell you their true names, that is just handing someone else power over you.

"I was kinda hoping he'd say something funny. Like 'Your Mom'. Then he'd break out of the chair and shank me with a shiv he'd been concealing." Serge said with a shrug. "I've always wanted to be stabbed. Feel like it's a unique injury. Well I suppose all injuries are unique but stabbing has that gravitas you know. Cool blade, warm blood. Up close and personal."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:22 am

[Chantry Complex]

"I was kinda hoping he'd say something funny. Like 'Your Mom'. Then he'd break out of the chair and shank me with a shiv he'd been concealing." Serge said with a shrug. "I've always wanted to be stabbed. Feel like it's a unique injury. Well I suppose all injuries are unique but stabbing has that gravitas you know. Cool blade, warm blood. Up close and personal."

"You are currently in the Verbena quarter of Chantry Horizon, that is like stabbing central if you want to get stabbed I am sure you can ask someone."
Snow said raising an eyebrow.
"You are a very strange kid you know."
She added while Thomas said nothing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:24 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"It is more of an abusive kindergarten which destroy souls who escape it and leave battered, broken things behind, and it have been that way for thousands of years and I see no signs this will ever change."
Snow replied firmly.
Colin tilted his head, "Perhaps you are correct... then again, perhaps you are being made to see only the ruinous side of things. It is not uncommon for people to start overlooking everything that does not fit within their worldview - more so when that worldview is magically enforced. Ever consider that, hmm?"

Anja wrote:"Really and how many grow into actually better people?"
Snow challenged.
He shrugged, "I have no numbers, but... enough that I can maintain faith in the chance of the world becoming a better place, if not with this generation, then the next. It would be easier if your lot didn't keep promoting the worst in people, but we'll manage, all the same."

Anja wrote:"That is interesting, can you talk to them all? How do that work? How do you know who's advice to listen to?"
The young Nephanda asked.
He chuckled, "They can be vocal, but using simple meditative techniques, I can seek them out individually, for topical insights. As for whose advice to listen to - they all have knowledge and wisdom from their own lives... such as the Labyrinth Keeper who helps advise me on the care for my own Labyrinth, for example. Naturally, it doesn't hurt to check what the shards want out of it, too, but overall, they offer valuable insights in many things."
He patted her lightly on the head, "You might be well served by asking your Avatar what it wants, the answers might surprise you, if you don't converse with it regularly."

Anja wrote:"It seam you have done allot of damage."
Snow commented with a frown.
He grinned, "Destroying the Labyrinth would have been a blow to your cause, but adopting it outright? The big doof is quite the asset for understanding the Polyps, and a surprisingly social beast to boot."

Anja wrote:"Yeah no that is a threat man let us show one another enough respect to admit that at least. You are saying if you do not talk these horrible things will happen to you to not call that a threat is bullshit."
Snow replied sharply.
"Your intimidation tactics will not work though."
He nodded, "Touché. I should have specified I am not threatening to personally do anything of the sort to you... some degree of torture is absolutely likely, but the severity thereof is... well, that's rather up to you; I don't have the leverage to get you out of it altogether."

Anja wrote:"I am glad you recovered then Mr Wainwright though given the trouble you have given my Faction perhaps it would have been better for us if that fireball had been a bit stronger eh, no offense."
Snow said with a bit of a wry smile.
He chuckled, "None taken."

Jeremy wrote:Now that Colin was having a proper Conversation with Snow, Serge didn't want to interrupt in case he broke the flow and allowed Snow to bring her guard back up.

Though he was having trouble figuring what more he could, he decided to go back to Thomas and continue his chat with him. He doubted he could get him to say anything more but he decided it wouldn't hurt to try.

"So Infernalist huh? That's fancy. Don't know much about them. Do you have any favorite Infernal Being or do you just draw power from whoever gives it?" he asked.
Anja wrote:Thomas just glared at Serge and Snow broke in.
"No one is going to tell you that Kid just like no one will tell you their true names, that is just handing someone else power over you.
Jeremy wrote:"I was kinda hoping he'd say something funny. Like 'Your Mom'. Then he'd break out of the chair and shank me with a shiv he'd been concealing." Serge said with a shrug. "I've always wanted to be stabbed. Feel like it's a unique injury. Well I suppose all injuries are unique but stabbing has that gravitas you know. Cool blade, warm blood. Up close and personal."
Anja wrote:"You are currently in the Verbena quarter of Chantry Horizon, that is like stabbing central if you want to get stabbed I am sure you can ask someone."
He turned to fix Serge with a bit of a frown, "You're welcome to ask Amadeus, you know - either to taste his memory of it, or to get the experience firsthand - but I doubt your Mentor would approve. Nor your Grandmentor or Great-grandmentor..."

((OOC: The important question isn't whether the snake lady spooks Nicole, but whether she has snitties, you know. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:25 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin tilted his head, "Perhaps you are correct... then again, perhaps you are being made to see only the ruinous side of things. It is not uncommon for people to start overlooking everything that does not fit within their worldview - more so when that worldview is magically enforced. Ever consider that, hmm?"

"I might as well as the same to you are you sure your world view is not affected by the faction you are a part of? However yes I am sure. Off course there are good things in the world, but not enough to warrent it's continued existence. That a prison have good coffee in the cafeteria do not mean it should not be thorn down."
Snow replied.

He shrugged, "I have no numbers, but... enough that I can maintain faith in the chance of the world becoming a better place, if not with this generation, then the next. It would be easier if your lot didn't keep promoting the worst in people, but we'll manage, all the same."

"Every generation from the first human beings have said the same, just one more generations then things will be better, but they never are. Sometimes hope is a poison Mr Wainwright as it make you ignore reality for some fictional future when all is better but that future never comes."
Snow replied firmly.

He chuckled, "They can be vocal, but using simple meditative techniques, I can seek them out individually, for topical insights. As for whose advice to listen to - they all have knowledge and wisdom from their own lives... such as the Labyrinth Keeper who helps advise me on the care for my own Labyrinth, for example. Naturally, it doesn't hurt to check what the shards want out of it, too, but overall, they offer valuable insights in many things."
He patted her lightly on the head, "You might be well served by asking your Avatar what it wants, the answers might surprise you, if you don't converse with it regularly."

"That is pretty condescending you know assuming I do not communicate with my Avatar."
Snow said twisting her head away.
"I am walking his path, to assume I do not communicate with him because I do not follow the same path as you is the top of arrogance."
She accused.

He grinned, "Destroying the Labyrinth would have been a blow to your cause, but adopting it outright? The big doof is quite the asset for understanding the Polyps, and a surprisingly social beast to boot."

"I can see the wisdom in that."
Snow replied.
"And yes I guess that could be a useful move against us to adopt one of our own tools."

He nodded, "Touché. I should have specified I am not threatening to personally do anything of the sort to you... some degree of torture is absolutely likely, but the severity thereof is... well, that's rather up to you; I don't have the leverage to get you out of it altogether."

"Semantics...and no I am not going to talk no matter what they do to me."
Snow muttered, she shivered slightly and looked at the others for a moment before looking away.

He chuckled, "None taken."

Snow gave a bit of a smile at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:00 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"I might as well as the same to you are you sure your world view is not affected by the faction you are a part of? However yes I am sure. Off course there are good things in the world, but not enough to warrent it's continued existence. That a prison have good coffee in the cafeteria do not mean it should not be thorn down."
Snow replied.
Colin nodded, "I can't entirely exclude that possibility - I still maintain my refusal to simply give up on Creation's continued existence."

Anja wrote:"Every generation from the first human beings have said the same, just one more generations then things will be better, but they never are. Sometimes hope is a poison Mr Wainwright as it make you ignore reality for some fictional future when all is better but that future never comes."
Snow replied firmly.
He smiled wryly, "You're right about the concept of toxic optimism, absolutely - as you can see in the tale of Pandora's Box, 'Hope', or perhaps 'Expectation' is the last Evil to squeeze out of the box... but I don't agree hope is a poison so long as you keep putting in the work to make things better. Look at Jonas Salk, Frederick Banting, Alexander Fleming - the invention of the polio vaccine, the manufacture of insulin, the discovery of penicilin, they all made the world a vastly better place. I'll grant that capitalism has rather... lessened the improvements they created, but we both know who to thank for that particular 'correction', don't we?"

Anja wrote:"That is pretty condescending you know assuming I do not communicate with my Avatar."
Snow said twisting her head away.
"I am walking his path, to assume I do not communicate with him because I do not follow the same path as you is the top of arrogance."
She accused.
He shook his head, "It was not intended as condescending at all - and I did not say 'communicate', I said 'converse', as in verbal communication. I've met enough Mages to know that not all Avatars speak to their Mages, but make their will known by other means. A friend of mine Fell, and grieves that he no longer hears his Avatar sing, not speak. So, different methods of communication are certainly a thing."

Anja wrote:"Semantics...and no I am not going to talk no matter what they do to me."
Snow muttered, she shivered slightly and looked at the others for a moment before looking away.
He nodded, "I'm not disputing your valor, at least, nor the strength of your conviction... but as she who was the chief torturer of House Tremere back in the day says, everyone breaks sooner or later. The only question is whether or not they are still sane at that point... I genuinely hope Lady Crexia is not asked to question you. At least Quaesitor Green shouldn't be able to get his hands on you, seems he was caught red-handed trying to silence a prisoner..."

Anja wrote:Snow gave a bit of a smile at that.
He streightened up, "So how about you, then? Any great, dramatic experiences where a bit of magic and luck was all that stood between you and the afterlife?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:39 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded, "I can't entirely exclude that possibility - I still maintain my refusal to simply give up on Creation's continued existence."

"Why? When you look at all the suffering around you? What makes you think this world is worth saving?"
Snow ask raising an eyebrow.

He smiled wryly, "You're right about the concept of toxic optimism, absolutely - as you can see in the tale of Pandora's Box, 'Hope', or perhaps 'Expectation' is the last Evil to squeeze out of the box... but I don't agree hope is a poison so long as you keep putting in the work to make things better. Look at Jonas Salk, Frederick Banting, Alexander Fleming - the invention of the polio vaccine, the manufacture of insulin, the discovery of penicilin, they all made the world a vastly better place. I'll grant that capitalism has rather... lessened the improvements they created, but we both know who to thank for that particular 'correction', don't we?"

"You are not looking at the bigger picture, those medicines they are just cheap paint on moldy walls, we live in a world where such medicines are needed, that is the problem, this is a world full of decay, death, suffering and pain, that someone have found ways to put a dollop of paint on that rot is not an argument for why this world should exist."
Snow replied shaking her head.

He shook his head, "It was not intended as condescending at all - and I did not say 'communicate', I said 'converse', as in verbal communication. I've met enough Mages to know that not all Avatars speak to their Mages, but make their will known by other means. A friend of mine Fell, and grieves that he no longer hears his Avatar sing, not speak. So, different methods of communication are certainly a thing."

"So why should I communicate with my Avatar in whatever method works for you?"
The Nephanda asked raising an eyebrow.

He nodded, "I'm not disputing your valor, at least, nor the strength of your conviction... but as she who was the chief torturer of House Tremere back in the day says, everyone breaks sooner or later. The only question is whether or not they are still sane at that point... I genuinely hope Lady Crexia is not asked to question you. At least Quaesitor Green shouldn't be able to get his hands on you, seems he was caught red-handed trying to silence a prisoner..."

"Yeah the intimidation tactic is not going to work."
Snow said firmly.

He streightened up, "So how about you, then? Any great, dramatic experiences where a bit of magic and luck was all that stood between you and the afterlife?"

"Certainly. I have fought in the Ascension War for many years both as a Nephanda and as a Verbena, but I am not sure it is wise to talk about it, you are a smart man Mr Wainwright who knows what you can get out of such information."
Snow replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:05 am

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Not what I mean, mon. Just that you ain't the type who goes on lots of roadtrips and shit. The knowledge of what critters might be where ain't useful to you, is it?' giving a frown, trying to work out what Horizon money would be best for a tip. 'However, folks who do travel a lot will find it useful.'

Anja's Post:

'No, thanks... how much?' trying to reassure herself that no, she was too big to be eaten, though with unconscious side-effect that she doing her version of "the Johnson treatment", almost as though she was trying to indimitate the predator to find a easier meal.

[What, more than Nick's snitties? Anyway, she's fairly well-capable of dealing with Serge's desires to see what his insides look like; if I remember right, Nassa was in fact a bit impressed with her skills...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:42 am

[Concordia]

'Not what I mean, mon. Just that you ain't the type who goes on lots of roadtrips and shit. The knowledge of what critters might be where ain't useful to you, is it?' giving a frown, trying to work out what Horizon money would be best for a tip. 'However, folks who do travel a lot will find it useful.'

Carlos looked a little confused.
"I never said it would not be useful to figure out what critters are where and in what numbers Nicole, I specifically said that should be done and offered to help with it to. My only protest was to your claim this had to be done because mages took to much precaution against meeting supernaturals on the street, that is my only protest. I do not think there is a problem there. I never said figuring out how many Awakened beings exist is a bad idea."
Carlos replied as you fiddled with the coins.

'No, thanks... how much?' trying to reassure herself that no, she was too big to be eaten, though with unconscious side-effect that she doing her version of "the Johnson treatment", almost as though she was trying to indimitate the predator to find a easier meal.

"Are you paying in dollar or Nerids, for dollar 3.50 please. Sorry I just smell on you that you are fresh from Earth."
The Sauroid said flicking her forked tongue again, this time to wet her unblinking, ever staring eyes.
"And you sound American, I take other Earth currency as well."

(OOC: Nassa is which is one of the reasons he go pretty well with her, she can hold her own in a sparring match.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:52 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"You are currently in the Verbena quarter of Chantry Horizon, that is like stabbing central if you want to get stabbed I am sure you can ask someone."
Colin wrote:He turned to fix Serge with a bit of a frown, "You're welcome to ask Amadeus, you know - either to taste his memory of it, or to get the experience firsthand - but I doubt your Mentor would approve. Nor your Grandmentor or Great-grandmentor..."

"We're all a little bit strange. Normalcy is a myth created by the Technocracy." Serge said as he spun a pencil between his fingers. He didn't say anything else for a moment, wanting to give Mr. Wainwright time and space for his discussion with Snow.  

Instead he spent some time drawing pictures of each of the Prisoners.

(OOC: Actually I've always imagined that Serge would also want to get shot by a friend to understand what it feels like. So I figured Nick would provide that experience.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:19 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Which means you're objecting to something I never said.' she quipped with a roll of the eyes. 'Okay, if the beers were one-half Navids, three-quarters seems reasonable enough...' fishing out the appropiate change and putting it in with the rest to pay for the meal.

Anja's Post:

'Depends. What's the price in local?' unable to resist the chance of seeing if she could save a few cents on currency mismatches.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:00 am

[Chantry Complex]

"We're all a little bit strange. Normalcy is a myth created by the Technocracy." Serge said as he spun a pencil between his fingers. He didn't say anything else for a moment, wanting to give Mr. Wainwright time and space for his discussion with Snow.

Instead he spent some time drawing pictures of each of the Prisoners.

"You are not wrong kid, and I have to admit to admiring your dynamic outlook but and no offense talking with you feel like talking with the Fey, are you sure you are not a Hermetic of House Merinita?"
Snow said with a chuckle.
"Are you drawing us? Can I have pink hair and wings?"

[Concordia]

Which means you're objecting to something I never said.' she quipped with a roll of the eyes. 'Okay, if the beers were one-half Navids, three-quarters seems reasonable enough...' fishing out the appropiate change and putting it in with the rest to pay for the meal.

"We might just be talking around one another then Nicole. At the very least we agree that such as counting of citters should be done and have merit."
Carlos replied as you handed over tips and the waiter gave you a smile and a nod in thinks.

Depends. What's the price in local?' unable to resist the chance of seeing if she could save a few cents on currency mismatches.]

"One quarter Nerid Missssss."
The snake girl said in a wet, hissing voice.
"Neridssss sssuck for sssmal amountsss."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:15 pm

[Concordia]

A nonchalant shrug to this, fished out the appropiate coins and handed them over. Grabbed a couple of sachets of sugar and a stirrer, then went back to Carlos. Restraining the desire to look back at the snake-woman to ensure they weren't following her.

[Thanks]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:10 pm

[Concordia]

A nonchalant shrug to this, fished out the appropiate coins and handed them over. Grabbed a couple of sachets of sugar and a stirrer, then went back to Carlos. Restraining the desire to look back at the snake-woman to ensure they weren't following her.

"Thanksss have a good day."
The snake girl said. Carlos had by this time finished one of his coffees and put the paper up in the trash.
"Did you get what you wanted Nick?"
He asked as he started on the second cup. The snake girl was busy with another customer and did not seam to be to interested in you.
"Are you ok?"
Carlos asked.
"You look a little pale Nick."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:46 pm

[Concordia]
Anja's Post:

'Eh, the sun's just come out.' she replied, giving another little shrug while tearing a sachet with her teeth and dumping the contents into the coffee cup while the other was holding her cigarette 'If we want to get back by the time the afternoon shows at the lab, we'd better head over to the ship now...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:28 pm

[Concordia]

'Eh, the sun's just come out.' she replied, giving another little shrug while tearing a sachet with her teeth and dumping the contents into the coffee cup while the other was holding her cigarette 'If we want to get back by the time the afternoon shows at the lab, we'd better head over to the ship now...'

"Yeah both of them..."
Carlos said gesturing with his cup towards the sky.
"Man that takes a bit getting used to...but yes you are right lead the way Nick."
He said gesturing with his cup again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:34 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... wonder what this solar system looks like. Lots of wondering in fact, like how the hell did these people end up here in the first place.' gesturing to the city in general with her cigarette'd hand, starting to move to where she remembered the ship being...

[Random question; do Rat Kinfolk enjoy any 'can't get lost' benefits that the Ratkin themselves have?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:51 pm

[Concordia]

"I mean this was all constructed so it would not be the same as a natural solar system, mages decided to make this like kids with play dough."
Carlos said glancing up.
"I am no expert on Horizon cosmology though but I am sure there are books about it. As for how everyone got here that I can explain, basically the Traditions once they had come together needed a headquarters so the first Primi and their students created Horizon...in a supreme act of arrogance they did not find a uninhabited play they bound and enslaved a Incarna and built Horizon on top of him. Then they populated the realm with their followers and also got people from Earth, from all over and have continued to do so, across time and space which is why this city have culture and architecture from dozens of time periods and places."
The other Ethertite said he waved a brightly colored booklet in the air.
"It is all in this they sold it in a kiosk on the docks, it is like a travel guide to Horizon sort of."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:03 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

A moment's silence as she took this in, then gave a shake of the head. 'That reeks. At best, it's as accurate as the "First Thanksgiving" story and worst, Genesis. My bet is that the truth is that them lot did to the natives here that the Spanish did to your ancestors.' clearly refrencing the conquest - and then destruction - of the Mesoamerican civilisations such as the Maya.

'But... them lot like, brought Mundie colonists with 'em? And the ones we're seeing are like their descendants?' giving a curious frown, walking across the plaza towards the port.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:31 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"You are not wrong kid, and I have to admit to admiring your dynamic outlook but and no offense talking with you feel like talking with the Fey, are you sure you are not a Hermetic of House Merinita?"
Snow said with a chuckle.
"Are you drawing us? Can I have pink hair and wings?"

"Absolutely you can have pink hair and wings! And other request are welcome as well." Serge said now drawing with a bit more gusto than he had been before. "And as much as I'd love to be a part of a thematically appropriate Hermetic House I'm not. I've met a couple of Fey beings before and I got nothing on them. Fun fact I nearly got sliced up by a Fey-aligned doll that no one else could see..
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:05 pm

[Concordia]

A moment's silence as she took this in, then gave a shake of the head. 'That reeks. At best, it's as accurate as the "First Thanksgiving" story and worst, Genesis. My bet is that the truth is that them lot did to the natives here that the Spanish did to your ancestors.' clearly refrencing the conquest - and then destruction - of the Mesoamerican civilisations such as the Maya.

"Well it was one native but yes they took it's territory and built their house right on top of it. And the sad thing is that in their eagerness to show of...well let us just say one day that Incarna will break free and it will eat Horizon, but hey when you want to show off by enslaving what is in efficiently a god I guess sooner or later you have to expect Karma."
Carlos muttered.

'But... them lot like, brought Mundie colonists with 'em? And the ones we're seeing are like their descendants?' giving a curious frown, walking across the plaza towards the port.

"According to this handy, dandy little travel guide yes."
The other Etherite said tap tapping his book with his finger.

[Chantry Complex]

"Absolutely you can have pink hair and wings! And other request are welcome as well." Serge said now drawing with a bit more gusto than he had been before. "And as much as I'd love to be a part of a thematically appropriate Hermetic House I'm not. I've met a couple of Fey beings before and I got nothing on them. Fun fact I nearly got sliced up by a Fey-aligned doll that no one else could see..

"No print hair and wings are fine...you know that is what I did to demonstrate that I was of Disciple rank in Life, I made myself pink wings."
Snow said with a chuckle and the two other Nephandi groaned.
"So you med a Chimera then? I hear they can be nasty. I am not surprised you can see them though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:20 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'So they say. "Enslaving a being of great power" sounds so much more impressive than "we slaughtered a load of peaceful critters which couldn't defend themselves even if they had the prior warning".' the sarcasm obvious. 'Times like this makes me pleased I'm from Quebec stock.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... wonder if that programme is still open. Either here or elsewhere.' she mused thoughtfully, her mind returning to the thought which had been with her since her experience of the lab; that fucked over or ignored by everyone else and stuck in a world which they had little chance of besting their enemies, perhaps only some kind of "strategic withdrawal" would be viable for the Kinfolk - her Kinfolk -  long-term.

[A plot hook to be used if you so wish, Great One. Nick would be interested, for example if she heard about Viatopia.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:51 am

[Concordia]

So they say. "Enslaving a being of great power" sounds so much more impressive than "we slaughtered a load of peaceful critters which couldn't defend themselves even if they had the prior warning".' the sarcasm obvious. 'Times like this makes me pleased I'm from Quebec stock.'

"I mean there could be lesser spirits as well exterminated. You can detect the Incarna with the right equipment so I see little reason to doubt it is bound here but that the early Traditions could have killed or banished other spirits to take this part of the Umbra for themselves that might be, I would not put it past them."
Carlos said with a frown.
"It is not like it is something new with assholes coming along and just taking things that do not belong to them because they feel they are more worthy to have it. The only thing worse than assholes are assholes with power."

Hmm... wonder if that programme is still open. Either here or elsewhere.' she mused thoughtfully, her mind returning to the thought which had been with her since her experience of the lab; that fucked over or ignored by everyone else and stuck in a world which they had little chance of besting their enemies, perhaps only some kind of "strategic withdrawal" would be viable for the Kinfolk - her Kinfolk - long-term.

"Movie people to Horizon you mean? I do not see why not, there are plenty of space."
Carlos replied.
"There is Concordia and a couple of villages and a settlement of sentient...sea critters according to the guide but the rest of the planet is uninhabited so things could expand."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:31 am

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, you have said equipment?' she replied with a quizzical frown. 'Though speaking of critters... ended up with a bit of a home invasion, like. A big rat-spirit decided my place was also their place now.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... I wonder who's palm I'd need to grease for to that, like. And how much grease.' taking a sip of her coffee.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:19 pm

[Concordia]

Yeah, you have said equipment?' she replied with a quizzical frown. 'Though speaking of critters... ended up with a bit of a home invasion, like. A big rat-spirit decided my place was also their place now.'

"Yeah I do, I built it myself after specks found in the Paradigma, someone with a sense of humor named it a Spenger Meter, it measure the straight of nearby entities and let me tell you it will go off the chart with the guy bound here."
Carlos said as he drew a clearly home made device based around a Geiger counter out of his bag.
"I do not want to be where when the big boy breaks free for some sweet payback to put it like that...huh a big rat spirit you say? Is it friendly?"

'Hmm... I wonder who's palm I'd need to grease for to that, like. And how much grease.' taking a sip of her coffee.

"Hum...the head of immigration is the Majordomo I think, from what I heard he cares nothing for money but he hates bloodsuckers, I mean truly hate them with a ridiculous passion, he might be willing to let your friends in if you rid Earth of some vampires. Other than that speaking with one of the Primi perhaps though that is easier said than done though I hear Spence is a pretty ok dude actually so he might be willing to help you. I don't know though this is just guesses and rumors."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next