Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:12 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Why? When you look at all the suffering around you? What makes you think this world is worth saving?"
Snow ask raising an eyebrow.
Colin smiled thinly, "'Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.' The ordinary folk, the sleepers, they haven't all given up yet, and neither will I. The Euthanatoi have the right idea, they break cycles of suffering, not necessarily ending lives. So long as those without power of their own can still retain the strength to work for a better tomorrow, so shall I."

Anja wrote:"You are not looking at the bigger picture, those medicines they are just cheap paint on moldy walls, we live in a world where such medicines are needed, that is the problem, this is a world full of decay, death, suffering and pain, that someone have found ways to put a dollop of paint on that rot is not an argument for why this world should exist."
Snow replied shaking her head.
He tilted his head a little, "Smallpox was eradicated... virtually no-one is stuck in an iron lung due to polio anymore... diseases can be eradicated, like that nasty cyber-plague we cut short recently. Even with the best efforts of perhaps the most competent Fallen geneticist, that disease was stopped in its tracks. Bubonic plague hardly ever kills anyone anymore, despite a few sporadic cases still cropping up... The medicines are a little more than paint on the wall, they help patients live full lives in spite of illnesses. Some illnesses, well, we've not completely caught up to them, but we will."

Anja wrote:"So why should I communicate with my Avatar in whatever method works for you?"
The Nephanda asked raising an eyebrow.
He shook his head, "The point is, if you try asking him verbally, and he answers in kind, you might learn things about him that you otherwise might not have... But, I am not trying to compel you into it, merely explaining how it works for me and mine..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah the intimidation tactic is not going to work."
Snow said firmly.
He nodded, "No, it won't."

Anja wrote:"Certainly. I have fought in the Ascension War for many years both as a Nephanda and as a Verbena, but I am not sure it is wise to talk about it, you are a smart man Mr Wainwright who knows what you can get out of such information."
Snow replied.
He chuckled, "A good answer."

Jeremy wrote:"We're all a little bit strange. Normalcy is a myth created by the Technocracy." Serge said as he spun a pencil between his fingers. He didn't say anything else for a moment, wanting to give Mr. Wainwright time and space for his discussion with Snow.

Instead he spent some time drawing pictures of each of the Prisoners.
Anja wrote:"You are not wrong kid, and I have to admit to admiring your dynamic outlook but and no offense talking with you feel like talking with the Fey, are you sure you are not a Hermetic of House Merinita?"
Snow said with a chuckle.
"Are you drawing us? Can I have pink hair and wings?"
Jeremy wrote:"Absolutely you can have pink hair and wings! And other request are welcome as well." Serge said now drawing with a bit more gusto than he had been before. "And as much as I'd love to be a part of a thematically appropriate Hermetic House I'm not. I've met a couple of Fey beings before and I got nothing on them. Fun fact I nearly got sliced up by a Fey-aligned doll that no one else could see..
Anja wrote:"No print hair and wings are fine...you know that is what I did to demonstrate that I was of Disciple rank in Life, I made myself pink wings."
Snow said with a chuckle and the two other Nephandi groaned.
"So you med a Chimera then? I hear they can be nasty. I am not surprised you can see them though."
He glanced over at Serge and shrugged, letting him answer for himself.

((OOC: Blugh, I've been wrestling with a head cold of Nurgle-ish proportions for days... Doesn't help when the boss calls me in to work anyway, because there's a figurative fire regarding an order with seven miscommunications...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:08 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin smiled thinly, "'Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.' The ordinary folk, the sleepers, they haven't all given up yet, and neither will I. The Euthanatoi have the right idea, they break cycles of suffering, not necessarily ending lives. So long as those without power of their own can still retain the strength to work for a better tomorrow, so shall I."

"That someone have not given up do not mean that a hopeless path should not be abandoned. Now I am not saying everything in the world is bad, however I am saying the foundations are completely rotten, the stern is broken and the ship can not be saved. I am sure the music that played as the Titanic sank was nice sounding but the ship was still doomed. Those who have not given up on this world are generally those who have just closed their eyes and do not see the bigger picture and do not see just how rotten the foundations are."
Snow replied simply.

He tilted his head a little, "Smallpox was eradicated... virtually no-one is stuck in an iron lung due to polio anymore... diseases can be eradicated, like that nasty cyber-plague we cut short recently. Even with the best efforts of perhaps the most competent Fallen geneticist, that disease was stopped in its tracks. Bubonic plague hardly ever kills anyone anymore, despite a few sporadic cases still cropping up... The medicines are a little more than paint on the wall, they help patients live full lives in spite of illnesses. Some illnesses, well, we've not completely caught up to them, but we will."

"Yeah you are not getting my point here man, these illnesses exist in the first place, that is the proof of rot. We have a world where things such as illness, death and pain is a thing, that is not a perfect world. If you manage to cure one disease a new one will take it's place, it is the underlying existence of such suffering that is the problem and which is one of this reason that this reality must be destroyed to make room for a better one, a perfect world without disease, suffering or pain."
Snow replied.

"I mean she is right, this world is not perfect, it have pain and suffering that can not be denied. I guess the question is why and is is possible to create a world with enough complexity to allow for the search for happiness without also having suffering."
Mia mushed from your soup sipping her tea.

He shook his head, "The point is, if you try asking him verbally, and he answers in kind, you might learn things about him that you otherwise might not have... But, I am not trying to compel you into it, merely explaining how it works for me and mine..."

"And here is where the arrogance come in, you assume that if I just talk verbally with my Avatar then he will be all about setting me on the right path according to you and saving the world. My Avatar is Fallen Mr Wainwright we are in agreement, whatever I speak with him in words or dreams or feeling really do not change that."
Snow replied sharply.

He chuckled, "A good answer."

Snow raised an eyebrow and gave a slight smile.

(OOC: Get well soon Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:36 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"No print hair and wings are fine...you know that is what I did to demonstrate that I was of Disciple rank in Life, I made myself pink wings."
Snow said with a chuckle and the two other Nephandi groaned.
"So you med a Chimera then? I hear they can be nasty. I am not surprised you can see them though."

"Yeah. She gave off that whole 'I could kill instantaneously' kinda vibe. A lot different from my spider friend who your boss over there mentioned a couple of minutes. By the way Rodrigo did not appreciate your harsh words." He said, his last remarks directed towards Juliana. "Anyway that killer Chimera was apparently sent by one of the fallen. You guys really have a bit of everything don't you. Fallen Werewolves, Vampires, Traditionalists, Technocrats and somehow even the Fae."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:34 pm

[Chantry Complex]

"Yeah. She gave off that whole 'I could kill instantaneously' kinda vibe. A lot different from my spider friend who your boss over there mentioned a couple of minutes. By the way Rodrigo did not appreciate your harsh words." He said, his last remarks directed towards Juliana.

"Good."
Julia replied.
"Some ehm...make believe creatures can be quite dangerous I hear."
Snow said with a nod.
"And they slip right past wards intended for spirits since they are not in fact spirits, well not in the traditional sense at least."

"Anyway that killer Chimera was apparently sent by one of the fallen. You guys really have a bit of everything don't you. Fallen Werewolves, Vampires, Traditionalists, Technocrats and somehow even the Fae."

"It pays to be versatile, and many beings have seen the truth of this world, that it need to be destroyed and as for the rest well bribes works."
Snow continued.
"Not that I will get to deeply into that. I see you survived though kid."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:27 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah? How I know that ain't for detecting golf balls?' she quipped with a smirk, refrencing the case of them being sold as "bomb detectors" in Iraq. 'As for the rat... I ain't sure, really. I mean it appears friendly enough but so do con artists.'

Anja's Post:

'Was thinking more of like, a whole group settlement, not just a single family or person. Y'know, like the Oregon Trail but with less dysentery.' she replied, finishing her cigarette.

[Whoever posts next pushes the 'total posts' for this forum to 50,000!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:53 pm

[Concordia]

Yeah? How I know that ain't for detecting golf balls?' she quipped with a smirk, refrencing the case of them being sold as "bomb detectors" in Iraq. 'As for the rat... I ain't sure, really. I mean it appears friendly enough but so do con artists.'

"Because I tested it out."
Carlos replied.
"Hum this rat might be a useful ally and you are not someone who is going to forget that the entity is ultimately out for themselves."

Was thinking more of like, a whole group settlement, not just a single family or person. Y'know, like the Oregon Trail but with less dysentery.' she replied, finishing her cigarette.

"Oh dysantry...I remember I spray painted the anti vaxxer next dorr's car with the died of dysantry from that game, they where not happy, even if I had used paint that a good hose down would get rid of so there was no permanent damage...but yes for moving quite a few individuals you will have to ask for permission from he higher ups, I still think the Majordomo is the place to start though."

(OOC: That is quite a few posts.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Dunno... one massive golf ball?' she replied with a smirk. 'Anyway, everyone is out for themselves, like ultimately. The question is simply whether you can live with their goals or not.' giving a little rueful sigh. 'Well, I tried to load the deal we cut that it was like, worth more not to fuck me over but who knows whether it really gets it. I mean, it don't seem to have much grasp of time.'

Anja's Post:

'There's the problem; would have worked if you'd done that to their wagon. Anyway... I s'pose the [Ethernaut] Society controls settling in the colonies? Might get a better deal out of them than this major-domo person. Whereever they are. And who.' finishing up her coffee.

[Perhaps time to reach the captured ship?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:22 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"That someone have not given up do not mean that a hopeless path should not be abandoned. Now I am not saying everything in the world is bad, however I am saying the foundations are completely rotten, the stern is broken and the ship can not be saved. I am sure the music that played as the Titanic sank was nice sounding but the ship was still doomed. Those who have not given up on this world are generally those who have just closed their eyes and do not see the bigger picture and do not see just how rotten the foundations are."
Snow replied simply.
Colin shrugged, "And I simply disagree with the extent of rot... the world is in need of mending, but I still believe it can be mended, and I'm not about to leave anyone still fighting behind."

Anja wrote:"Yeah you are not getting my point here man, these illnesses exist in the first place, that is the proof of rot. We have a world where things such as illness, death and pain is a thing, that is not a perfect world. If you manage to cure one disease a new one will take it's place, it is the underlying existence of such suffering that is the problem and which is one of this reason that this reality must be destroyed to make room for a better one, a perfect world without disease, suffering or pain."
Snow replied.

"I mean she is right, this world is not perfect, it have pain and suffering that can not be denied. I guess the question is why and is is possible to create a world with enough complexity to allow for the search for happiness without also having suffering."
Mia mushed from your soup sipping her tea.
He smiled wryly, "My Avatar does agree; you're right in that this world is imperfect, with pain and suffering... but a good question is 'why', and whether or not it's possible to have a world with enough complexity to allow happiness and growth without any misery. It is, after all, why our Avatars join with us, to become imperfect and able to grow and learn... but as above, so below, and vice versa; as we achieve perfection, so will the world around us. Well, some day, anyway."

Anja wrote:"And here is where the arrogance come in, you assume that if I just talk verbally with my Avatar then he will be all about setting me on the right path according to you and saving the world. My Avatar is Fallen Mr Wainwright we are in agreement, whatever I speak with him in words or dreams or feeling really do not change that."
Snow replied sharply.
He shook his head, speaking softly, "Not the point I am making at all. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but some times, one or two words are all that is needed, and a picture might not clearly convey the significant information you need. Two words such as, oh, 'Raspberry Pi', for example?"

Jeremy wrote:"Yeah. She gave off that whole 'I could kill instantaneously' kinda vibe. A lot different from my spider friend who your boss over there mentioned a couple of minutes. By the way Rodrigo did not appreciate your harsh words." He said, his last remarks directed towards Juliana. "Anyway that killer Chimera was apparently sent by one of the fallen. You guys really have a bit of everything don't you. Fallen Werewolves, Vampires, Traditionalists, Technocrats and somehow even the Fae."
Anja wrote:"Good."
Julia replied.
Snow said with a nod.
"And they slip right past wards intended for spirits since they are not in fact spirits, well not in the traditional sense at least."
He shrugged, "One of the few cases where an ironclad defense might actually be as effective as the term normally implies."

Anja wrote:"It pays to be versatile, and many beings have seen the truth of this world, that it need to be destroyed and as for the rest well bribes works."
Snow continued.
He arched an eyebrow, "Oh, of course he survived, he found a way to turn a foe into a friend, after all. Even a dead dream can live again."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:05 am

[Concordia]

Dunno... one massive golf ball?' she replied with a smirk. 'Anyway, everyone is out for themselves, like ultimately. The question is simply whether you can live with their goals or not.' giving a little rueful sigh. 'Well, I tried to load the deal we cut that it was like, worth more not to fuck me over but who knows whether it really gets it. I mean, it don't seem to have much grasp of time.'

"I mean it could be all the spirits I tested it on was disguised golf balls...it could happen."
Carlos said with a grin.
"I guess you just have to see if this rat spirit's goals align with yours, and also it is one thing we all want to take care of ourselves but some realize that as a group we are more able to do just that as so also know loyalty."

'There's the problem; would have worked if you'd done that to their wagon. Anyway... I s'pose the [Ethernaut] Society controls settling in the colonies? Might get a better deal out of them than this major-domo person. Whereever they are. And who.' finishing up her coffee.

"I think they would have been even more pissed if I had done that."
Carlos said with a bit of a grin.
"Well the Ethernauts control allot of the transportation to and from Horizon but they are not the ones who control the surface so to get transportation for your immigrants yes speak with them, but to be allowed to settle a group of immigrants you need Horizon's higher ups."
As you talked with Carlos the two of you got to the space elevator that would take you up to the space docks right of the planet surface where the Void Engineer ship was being stored. A tall, slender woman was guarding the elevator.
"You have a ship you are seeing?"
She asked the two Etherites bringing up a tablet of ship names to check her lists.
"Name?"

[Chantry Complex]

Colin shrugged, "And I simply disagree with the extent of rot... the world is in need of mending, but I still believe it can be mended, and I'm not about to leave anyone still fighting behind."

"I can not stop your belief Mr Wainwright, it is also irrelevant to our goals."
Snow replied simply.

He smiled wryly, "My Avatar does agree; you're right in that this world is imperfect, with pain and suffering... but a good question is 'why', and whether or not it's possible to have a world with enough complexity to allow happiness and growth without any misery. It is, after all, why our Avatars join with us, to become imperfect and able to grow and learn... but as above, so below, and vice versa; as we achieve perfection, so will the world around us. Well, some day, anyway."

"I just can not see kids dying of cancer or wars killing millions as an acceptable school grounds for Avatars."
Snow replied.
"Also not the point, it is not that this is a school ground, it is that in order to be able to grow there have to be free will and that means there are good and bad choices, in order to have a planet that can grow and develop, natural disasters happen. And really if everything was perfect all of the time...would that actually be good? In alchemy we learn that to create we must also destroy."
Mia commented from your soul sipping her tea.

He shook his head, speaking softly, "Not the point I am making at all. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but some times, one or two words are all that is needed, and a picture might not clearly convey the significant information you need. Two words such as, oh, 'Raspberry Pi', for example?"

"And why the fuck do you care how I communicate with my soon to be dead Avatar unless you hope that somehow it will say something to change my mind so that I will give you the information you want? Aldo all Avatars communicate differently, not all of them are verbal and they are not meant to be verbal."
The Fallen Verbena shot back.

He shrugged, "One of the few cases where an ironclad defense might actually be as effective as the term normally implies."

Snow chuckle a bit at that.

He arched an eyebrow, "Oh, of course he survived, he found a way to turn a foe into a friend, after all. Even a dead dream can live again."

"Good for him I guess."
Snow replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:21 am

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'The deal is simple; if it crosses me it loses it's home, meaning no more protection from predators, fresh pig bones or a comfy couch to nap on.' she replied with a little shrug, looking around for a waste-bin to put her cup in.

Anja's Post:

'What? Horizon controls our colonies?' clearly disbelieving. 'You sure 'bout that?'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... I'd like to take another peek at the Voidship I helped capture earlier today. If that's okay.' she replied, giving a little smile. 'Name's Bouchard, currently at Steelhaven, Boston.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:40 pm

[Concordia]

'The deal is simple; if it crosses me it loses it's home, meaning no more protection from predators, fresh pig bones or a comfy couch to nap on.' she replied with a little shrug, looking around for a waste-bin to put her cup in.

You found a bin that had a symbol for Matter painted on it.
"Sounds like a decent deal you both get something you want out of it."
Carlos replied.

What? Horizon controls our colonies?' clearly disbelieving. 'You sure 'bout that?'

"Oh yeah I misunderstood you I thought you was still about moving these folks to Horizon itself and the Council controls Horizon, taking them to one of our colonies are a different matter. You could try to get into contact with the Admiral about that, or one of her aides."
The other Etherite said scratching his head.

Yeah... I'd like to take another peek at the Voidship I helped capture earlier today. If that's okay.' she replied, giving a little smile. 'Name's Bouchard, currently at Steelhaven, Boston.'

The guard checked her list then she nodded.
"Ah...yes you and the ship are on my list."
She said then waited as Carlos explained he was with Nicole and gave his name.
"Just head on up, do you need help operating the elevator?"
The guard said pointing to the door behind her, you noticed two of her fingers was transparent and full of wires and clearly artificial.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:09 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"Good."
Julia replied.
Snow said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"It pays to be versatile, and many beings have seen the truth of this world, that it need to be destroyed and as for the rest well bribes works."
Snow continued.
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Oh, of course he survived, he found a way to turn a foe into a friend, after all. Even a dead dream can live again."

"It's one of my more fun adventures I have to say. You know that Chimera was actually sent to free some Fallen Prisoners. So you never know, they could come for you as well. Though I suppose a Horizon Chantry is a bit more heavily warded than on Earth. Not to mention this realm probably isn't a fan of fae visitors." Serge mused as he drew, "Still if Rodrigo could make it here I'm sure some others could as well. That'd be an interesting rescue wouldn't it?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:34 am

[Chantry Complex]

"It's one of my more fun adventures I have to say. You know that Chimera was actually sent to free some Fallen Prisoners. So you never know, they could come for you as well. Though I suppose a Horizon Chantry is a bit more heavily warded than on Earth. Not to mention this realm probably isn't a fan of fae visitors." Serge mused as he drew, "Still if Rodrigo could make it here I'm sure some others could as well. That'd be an interesting rescue wouldn't it?"

"Rescued by someone's imaginary friend gone bad, I will take it."
"But yes I do not imagine that will come to pass, as for your friend I suspect your group are accepted visitors and that include the Chimera."
The young Nephanda sigh.
"Well not that I don't mind comparty but you really are not going to get any information here so you might as well get back to your buessniss of saving the world or whatever it is that you do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:29 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"I can not stop your belief Mr Wainwright, it is also irrelevant to our goals."
Snow replied simply.
Colin smiled darkly, "Yes, well, you would be surprised at how relevant my convictions in this matter have been to Fallen goals these past two months..."

Anja wrote:"I just can not see kids dying of cancer or wars killing millions as an acceptable school grounds for Avatars."
Snow replied.
"Also not the point, it is not that this is a school ground, it is that in order to be able to grow there have to be free will and that means there are good and bad choices, in order to have a planet that can grow and develop, natural disasters happen. And really if everything was perfect all of the time...would that actually be good? In alchemy we learn that to create we must also destroy."
Mia commented from your soul sipping her tea.
He shook his head, "Not the point. In order to be able to grow, Free Will is needed, and that leads to both good and bad choices. And for a living, growing, developing world, that necessitates natural disasters on occasion. A world without natural disasters is an inert, dead world. And if everything was perpetually perfect, that's a purely Static world, everything frozen in a crystalline state..."
He held up both hands, as if holding something in each palm, "The cycle of creation and destruction is necessary; Michelangelo created his David, but it necessitated destroying a good amount of a marble block. Creating the finest ales or wines requires breaking down the sugars in the grains or fruits..."

Anja wrote:"And why the fuck do you care how I communicate with my soon to be dead Avatar unless you hope that somehow it will say something to change my mind so that I will give you the information you want? Aldo all Avatars communicate differently, not all of them are verbal and they are not meant to be verbal."
The Fallen Verbena shot back.
He shrugged, meeting Snow's gaze, "It is not really a great concern of mine specifically how you communicate with him. But your immediate hostility to the idea does suggest something deeper, perhaps... loss? A guilty conscience? Your Avatar has not been as communicative after you let it be shredded and wrung, has it? You heard it sing, perhaps, or paint pictures in bright colours, but now the song has gone silent, or the colours have faded..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:22 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Until it gets a better offer.' she replied, half-thinking about her own situation while making sure it was a waste bin she was looking at.

Anja's Post:

'Well, I ain't that far ahead yet. More at the like... exploratory stage. Just stuff like "is it possible" and "ballpark costs". But I'm more likely to get a better deal doing it in-house than outside.'

Anja's Post:

'Shouldn't need it; saw it done earlier.' she replied with a little smile, looking at the panel. After all, it was only an elevator panel, unlikely to go back in time or explode without warning...

[Unless Nick and/or Serge has anything they're doing later on, perhaps we could start a new split (semi-fluffy) scene where they're at the cybernetics convention?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:04 am

[Chantry Complex]

Colin smiled darkly, "Yes, well, you would be surprised at how relevant my convictions in this matter have been to Fallen goals these past two months..."

"Yes you have nuisance of yourself but that do not mean this debate is worth continuing as I doubt we will see eye to eye."
Snow replied.

He shook his head, "Not the point. In order to be able to grow, Free Will is needed, and that leads to both good and bad choices. And for a living, growing, developing world, that necessitates natural disasters on occasion. A world without natural disasters is an inert, dead world. And if everything was perpetually perfect, that's a purely Static world, everything frozen in a crystalline state..."

"That is what the Followers of Moloch preach that a perfect world will be perfectly static. However I think the problem is that in our world what you say is true, but a different reality with different rules can be perfect and not static."
The Nephanda said.

He held up both hands, as if holding something in each palm, "The cycle of creation and destruction is necessary; Michelangelo created his David, but it necessitated destroying a good amount of a marble block. Creating the finest ales or wines requires breaking down the sugars in the grains or fruits..."

"Yes in this world that is true as this is how the laws of nature work, but in a perfect reality this will not be true and you can have creation without destruction, and there will be no sickness, pain or death. All will be perfect."
The prisoner declared with religious fervor in her eyes.

He shrugged, meeting Snow's gaze, "It is not really a great concern of mine specifically how you communicate with him. But your immediate hostility to the idea does suggest something deeper, perhaps... loss? A guilty conscience? Your Avatar has not been as communicative after you let it be shredded and wrung, has it? You heard it sing, perhaps, or paint pictures in bright colours, but now the song has gone silent, or the colours have faded..."

"If it is not a great concern of yours why do you push for this? How someone communicate with their Avatar is a very private concern and I get very suspicious of your motives here, why do you care how I speak with my soul? The only possible reason I could think of is that you have the arrogant idea that somehow he will talk me into cooperating with you. No there is no loss or guilt I am confident with the path I have chosen and my Avatar agree with me. He have been more communicative after I fell. I am aggressive because you continue to butt into the most private communication anyone can have, insisting I do it your way and do not back off when I tell you I am not interested."
Snow said evenly.

[Concordia]

'Until it gets a better offer.' she replied, half-thinking about her own situation while making sure it was a waste bin she was looking at.

"They are waste bins, we installed them they have a solution sprayed on the inside which make trash into usable metal alloys that can be collected in the back, limiting waste and turning it into something useful."
Carlos explained.
"I guess it depends on how far sighted the rat is. I will for example keep true to friends since it is a greater long term benefit to me to develop friendships where we can can trust one another than to jump on better offers for short term gain. Also the rat might like you. I mean I like you others might as well, such as a giant spirit rat."

'Well, I ain't that far ahead yet. More at the like... exploratory stage. Just stuff like "is it possible" and "ballpark costs". But I'm more likely to get a better deal doing it in-house than outside.'

Carlos nodded at that.

Shouldn't need it; saw it done earlier.' she replied with a little smile, looking at the panel. After all, it was only an elevator panel, unlikely to go back in time or explode without warning...

"Very good Scientists, let me know if you need anything I will be right here."
The guard said. Carlos stepped into the elevator, the controls was simple, controls to go up or down and control the speed as well as a phone and an emergency button and because it was made by Etherites there was also a weapons array but you would probably not need that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:09 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, but that view relies on you understanding like, linear time. That there are possible events which have not happened yet and all that. If they don't get that, they will only think of "the now"; which is why the rat is a fatass.' putting the waste in the bin and moving on.

Anja's Post:

A little frown at why an elevator appeared to have a weapon, then shrugged; assumed it was merely re-using a control panel designed for other things - like TV remote controls which normally ended up with buttons which didn't do anything. Simply started to guide the machine upwards to the dock...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:15 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"Rescued by someone's imaginary friend gone bad, I will take it."
"But yes I do not imagine that will come to pass, as for your friend I suspect your group are accepted visitors and that include the Chimera."
The young Nephanda sigh.
"Well not that I don't mind company but you really are not going to get any information here so you might as well get back to your business of saving the world or whatever it is that you do."

"On the contrary I've gotten a lot of information. Learned your favorite animal. The fact that you had a pet. Hermetic's have ridiculously nice looking hands. That guy's an infernalist. Just because the information isn't about the looming threat or the details of your subterfuge at large doesn't make it less valuable." Serge said with a shrug, "Besides, I can't leave till I'm done the picture. So for now your stuck with me. Or until Mr. Infernalist breaks out and shivs me."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:11 pm

[Concordia]

Yeah, but that view relies on you understanding like, linear time. That there are possible events which have not happened yet and all that. If they don't get that, they will only think of "the now"; which is why the rat is a fatass.' putting the waste in the bin and moving on.

"I am not so sure that is how it works. Entities speak of the Now but it is not the mindfulness living in the moment but more they see all time as happening in one moment, there are no linear time, it is all one moment, one eternal now."
Carlos replied.

A little frown at why an elevator appeared to have a weapon, then shrugged; assumed it was merely re-using a control panel designed for other things - like TV remote controls which normally ended up with buttons which didn't do anything. Simply started to guide the machine upwards to the dock...

You got up to the docks, at least for some definition of the direction up and found the place bustling with tech personel and others going about their business. The ship you had helped capture was there where you had left it.
"Is it that one?"
Carlos said pointing to the ship.
"The Explorer?"

[Chantry Complex]

"On the contrary I've gotten a lot of information. Learned your favorite animal. The fact that you had a pet. Hermetic's have ridiculously nice looking hands. That guy's an infernalist. Just because the information isn't about the looming threat or the details of your subterfuge at large doesn't make it less valuable." Serge said with a shrug, "Besides, I can't leave till I'm done the picture. So for now your stuck with me. Or until Mr. Infernalist breaks out and shivs me."

"Definitely faetouched."
Snow said.
"But no you would not be first in line to be shived."
She said.
"If he is connected to the fae yes he is, then he would be the most dangerous."
Thomas muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:30 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

A silence as Nicole tried to envision this, then a frown. 'How the fuck does that even work?'

Anja's Post:

'Yep. Though looks better than we first saw it. That Blake woman did quite a number on it.' looking around to see if any of the bustle was in regards to the captured ship itself.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:36 am

[Concordia]

A silence as Nicole tried to envision this, then a frown. 'How the fuck does that even work?'

"I have no idea, I am not a Entity but the idea is not that uncommon, several philosophers have discussed the idea of all time happening in one eternal now and only human mind see it as time. Some say this is how time travel or divination function."
Carlos replied.

Yep. Though looks better than we first saw it. That Blake woman did quite a number on it.' looking around to see if any of the bustle was in regards to the captured ship itself.

There seamed to be a repair crew working on the ship.
"I hear she can do that, then again she is more of a boogyman with all sort of rumors about her so what is true or not who can say."
Carlos said as he walked towards the ship.
"It must have been quite the fight."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:55 am

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... nah. Money is on the critters ain't able to explain themselves right 'cos it ain't their native English. Or even more correctly, the average person don't care enough to even understand them.'

Anja's Post:

'Not really; more a cerbstomp. Think it got caught by surprise and the direct hit crippled it. Yet from what I saw inside, don't explain why the crew all died, though.' she mused, looking at the ship again. 'Though s'pose that's a question which the black box will answer.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:25 am

[Concordia]

Hmm... nah. Money is on the critters ain't able to explain themselves right 'cos it ain't their native English. Or even more correctly, the average person don't care enough to even understand them.'

"Or they simply think so different most are not able to understand them unless they have training in getting out of their own mindset and see another, or well all of the above I guess."
Carlos replied.

Not really; more a cerbstomp. Think it got caught by surprise and the direct hit crippled it. Yet from what I saw inside, don't explain why the crew all died, though.' she mused, looking at the ship again. 'Though s'pose that's a question which the black box will answer.'

"I guess all we can do is speculate, perhaps Blake's attack produced a poison or some quick acting radiation."
The other Etherite suggested.
"Have the black box been sent to analysis?"
He asked as he walked along the narrow walkway towards the ship.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:04 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yes you have nuisance of yourself but that do not mean this debate is worth continuing as I doubt we will see eye to eye."
Snow replied.
Colin just chuckled wryly.

Anja wrote:"That is what the Followers of Moloch preach that a perfect world will be perfectly static. However I think the problem is that in our world what you say is true, but a different reality with different rules can be perfect and not static."
The Nephanda said.
He sighed, "Yes, well, fuck Moloch and his bloody sycophants; at least that is something you and I can agree on..."

Anja wrote:"Yes in this world that is true as this is how the laws of nature work, but in a perfect reality this will not be true and you can have creation without destruction, and there will be no sickness, pain or death. All will be perfect."
The prisoner declared with religious fervor in her eyes.
He shrugged, "Yet ultimately, you try to destroy everything to throw the figurative dice at creating this new Reality... I don't believe the odds are entirely in your favour there."

Anja wrote:"If it is not a great concern of yours why do you push for this? How someone communicate with their Avatar is a very private concern and I get very suspicious of your motives here, why do you care how I speak with my soul? The only possible reason I could think of is that you have the arrogant idea that somehow he will talk me into cooperating with you. No there is no loss or guilt I am confident with the path I have chosen and my Avatar agree with me. He have been more communicative after I fell. I am aggressive because you continue to butt into the most private communication anyone can have, insisting I do it your way and do not back off when I tell you I am not interested."
Snow said evenly.
He smiled thinly, "Frankly, I was rather hoping you'd get flustered enough to let something slip. Didn't pay off, alas."

Jeremy wrote:"On the contrary I've gotten a lot of information. Learned your favorite animal. The fact that you had a pet. Hermetic's have ridiculously nice looking hands. That guy's an infernalist. Just because the information isn't about the looming threat or the details of your subterfuge at large doesn't make it less valuable." Serge said with a shrug, "Besides, I can't leave till I'm done the picture. So for now your stuck with me. Or until Mr. Infernalist breaks out and shivs me."
Anja wrote:"Definitely faetouched."
Snow said.
"But no you would not be first in line to be shived."
She said.
"If he is connected to the fae yes he is, then he would be the most dangerous."
Thomas muttered.
He chuckled, "Are you sure it would be a good idea to try to murder someone with links to the Fae? They can be terribly vindictive, after all, and they don't exactly play by our rules..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:56 pm

[Chantry Complex]

He sighed, "Yes, well, fuck Moloch and his bloody sycophants; at least that is something you and I can agree on..."

"Yeah Moloch's frozen prison is not a world I would like to live in forever."
Snow agreed with a shudder.

He shrugged, "Yet ultimately, you try to destroy everything to throw the figurative dice at creating this new Reality... I don't believe the odds are entirely in your favour there."

"If the new reality is as flawed as this one then someone will destroy it as well, and toss the dice as you say until we get it right, you know like in older computer RPGs where you can roll again and again and again until you get the stats you want for your character."
Snow replied with firm conviction.

He smiled thinly, "Frankly, I was rather hoping you'd get flustered enough to let something slip. Didn't pay off, alas."

The prisoner just scowled at you darkly.

He chuckled, "Are you sure it would be a good idea to try to murder someone with links to the Fae? They can be terribly vindictive, after all, and they don't exactly play by our rules..."

"That is a fair point, I guess the little shit get to live."
Thomas said with a chuckle.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next