Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:24 am

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "Likewise; your House is an honourable one."

Mallus gave a nod and shook your hand firmly.

He smiled wryly, "Let us just agree that only the greatest of idiots would claim to be sent by the most powerful Paradox Spirit, if it weren't true, shall we?"

"Or someone with a bit of a mental issue."
Mallus retorted looking skeptically at Colin.

He nodded, "Then I suggest we start with the Seats of Life and Time, in that order..."
Picking up a good pace as he adjusted his glasses to look for the temporal anomalies and the wrongness of Moloch's minion, he pondered, "After that, I think the Seats of Spirit, Prime, Mind, Correspondence, and Entropy, in that order. Unless any of them are known to be elsewhere at this time?"

"Master Zackery is almost never on Horizon he even project his image here for Council meetings."
One of the Quesitors said heading down one of the hallways.
"The others might be here."
He added.
"Very well so the Verbena quarters then?"
He asked.

As you hurried along you saw two on Marianna's handmaiden with their distinct white robes the girls was talking as they passed you.
"It is strange Carlotta, it is not that many of us and I am telling you I have never seen her before, I would believe Lady Marianna would have told us if she had taken on another handmaid."
A short, plump girl with short black hair who looked like she might be Korean said. The one named Carlotta, a tall woman with long brown hair nodded.
"You are right but with all the problems in the Verbena quarters and the emergency Council meeting earlier as well as whatever it was happened at the Museum, it might not have been time Gyeong."
Carlotta replied and Gyeong nodded.
"Yeah well it is still strange that a new girl would just show up out of the blue like that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:02 am

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"Or someone with a bit of a mental issue."
Mallus retorted looking skeptically at Colin.
Colin nodded, "Absolutely fair, and I'm not going to claim I am entirely free of those - but in this case, I am unimpaired. But better safe than sorry, nevertheless."

Anja wrote:"Master Zackery is almost never on Horizon he even project his image here for Council meetings."
One of the Quesitors said heading down one of the hallways.
"The others might be here."
He added.
"Very well so the Verbena quarters then?"
He asked.
He nodded, "Ah, I'm afraid I do not know all the Primi by name... Master Zackery? And yes, the Verbena quarters first..."

Anja wrote:As you hurried along you saw two on Marianna's handmaiden with their distinct white robes the girls was talking as they passed you.
"It is strange Carlotta, it is not that many of us and I am telling you I have never seen her before, I would believe Lady Marianna would have told us if she had taken on another handmaid."
A short, plump girl with short black hair who looked like she might be Korean said. The one named Carlotta, a tall woman with long brown hair nodded.
"You are right but with all the problems in the Verbena quarters and the emergency Council meeting earlier as well as whatever it was happened at the Museum, it might not have been time Gyeong."
Carlotta replied and Gyeong nodded.
"Yeah well it is still strange that a new girl would just show up out of the blue like that."
He halted, gesturing for the accompanying soldiers to stop, "Excuse me, ladies, where's the new handmaiden at? We're after a vampire intruder, one who slipped through from twenty years in the future... I think you just found her."

((OOC: No-one commented on how Colin omitted the most beloved Seat of Forces from his list of Primi to check on? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:47 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Serge's Post:

Nicole shook her head to this. 'Not Umbridge; she knew what she was doing. That is conscious evil. Think more Percy Weasley; sides with authority because it is authority, always follows the rules whatever, thinks polite means reasonable and works every hard to not think through the result of what they do. Is Percy evil? No. But they assist evil, all the while claiming their hands are clean.'

Anja's Post:

'Do the contacts [lenses] require any invasive-?' she asked almost immediately, looking at the stall in more detail just...

Anja's Post:

Immediately Nicole will grab/push Serge to the floor with one hand, going down with him, reaching for her pistol from her back-holster with the other hand.

[I can't remember; I think Nick left her coat (and the guard's pistol) in the cloakroom...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:44 pm

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "Absolutely fair, and I'm not going to claim I am entirely free of those - but in this case, I am unimpaired. But better safe than sorry, nevertheless."

"Like I said I am going along with this due to the risk it would pose if what you are saying is true Mr Wainwright, better safe than story indeed.

He nodded, "Ah, I'm afraid I do not know all the Primi by name... Master Zackery? And yes, the Verbena quarters first..."

"Yeah he is the Seat of Correspondence."
The Guernicus explained.
"Okey right down this path then."

He halted, gesturing for the accompanying soldiers to stop, "Excuse me, ladies, where's the new handmaiden at? We're after a vampire intruder, one who slipped through from twenty years in the future... I think you just found her."

"A vampire, that can't be not on Horizon, but I last saw the new girl heading towards the cafeteria, you know the big one in the central hub of the Chantry."
Gyeong said pointing.
"And I mean what would a vampire want here, anyway I think she might still be in the cafeteria so you can look there or she might have returned to the Cult of Ecstasy quarter."

[TimeStop Labs]

'Do the contacts [lenses] require any invasive-?' she asked almost immediately, looking at the stall in more detail just...

"No, they are just wearable, they are charged with the minute electricity of skin contact though so they will not run out of juice fast, though just like regular lenses you need to remove them for sleep and such not to have your eyes dry out, but yeah you can just pop them in, sync them to your phone and you are good to go."
The stall owner replied.

mmediately Nicole will grab/push Serge to the floor with one hand, going down with him, reaching for her pistol from her back-holster with the other hand.

There was quite a bit of commotion, though the convention security managed to keep people from panicking, trying to urge attendees to get to the reinforced cafeteria where they would be safe, you saw the security chief you had spoken with early rush into his office and look out one of the windows carefully.
"Ehm...it is two dragons, attacking the protesters, I have no idea why...Miss Applehome engage the fire protection coating!"
He ordered and one of the other officers you had seen who was already on this was tapping at her phone and you could smell chemicals and saw something sprayed over the windows from some sort of dispensers on the outside, coating the labs entire facade in flame retardant film.

(OOC: I believe so yes.)
(OOC 2: Sorry for the late reply I went to the doctors and to a support group meeting today so I was tired from to much social interactions and needed some hours to just relax.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:02 am

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"Yeah he is the Seat of Correspondence."
The Guernicus explained.
"Okey right down this path then."
Colin nodded, "Ah, right. When I hear of a senior Virtual Adept, it's usually Master Dante. My bad, I suppose."

Anja wrote:"A vampire, that can't be not on Horizon, but I last saw the new girl heading towards the cafeteria, you know the big one in the central hub of the Chantry."
Gyeong said pointing.
"And I mean what would a vampire want here, anyway I think she might still be in the cafeteria so you can look there or she might have returned to the Cult of Ecstasy quarter."
He frowned, "Some vampires can withstand sunlight, and Horizon's suns are less harsh to vampires; the absence of some esoteric element... as for what, one came to assassinate Akrites' heir, the other might be here looking for a reincarnated member of the First Cabal, or for the heir's lineage... The cafeteria it is."
Speeding off toward the cafeteria, he gave the guards a quick holler, "Keep up!"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:43 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Nicole wrote:Nicole shook her head to this. 'Not Umbridge; she knew what she was doing. That is conscious evil. Think more Percy Weasley; sides with authority because it is authority, always follows the rules whatever, thinks polite means reasonable and works every hard to not think through the result of what they do. Is Percy evil? No. But they assist evil, all the while claiming their hands are clean.'

"So yeah, the Death Star Engineers. Don't worry, I understand." Serge said, "Still think it's the Technocracy's fault that people think like that. It serves them best if people simply act like machines. Though a little sprinkling of Fallen corruption helps as well."

Nicole wrote:Immediately Nicole will grab/push Serge to the floor with one hand, going down with him, reaching for her pistol from her back-holster with the other hand.
Anja wrote:As you stood there looking at the glasses there was a nightly roar and allot of screaming from outside where the protesters was located, it sounded almost like if someone was eating the protesters. the door and then Nick's phone started ringing with Beatrice's number showing as the caller.

"What th-" Serge said as he was brought down quickly to the floor. His hand went straight into his pocket for a pencil while his other arm clutched around the keepsakes Akrites had given to him. Surprised and confused he looked around for any apparent threat saying, "Hold on, it's too soon for us to be attacked again."

Anja wrote:There was quite a bit of commotion, though the convention security managed to keep people from panicking, trying to urge attendees to get to the reinforced cafeteria where they would be safe, you saw the security chief you had spoken with early rush into his office and look out one of the windows carefully.
"Ehm...it is two dragons, attacking the protesters, I have no idea why...Miss Applehome engage the fire protection coating!"
He ordered and one of the other officers you had seen who was already on this was tapping at her phone and you could smell chemicals and saw something sprayed over the windows from some sort of dispensers on the outside, coating the labs entire facade in flame retardant film.

"Awww man. I wanted to see the AR glasses." Serge said watching as the attendees were corralled into the reinforced cafeteria. He looked over at Nicole, hearing the ringing coming Nicole and said, "You should probably get that. Getting a call right when commotion starts up is probably not a coincidence. Wouldn't be surprised if there related.  "

(OOC: Serge just likes to blame all of his problems on the Technocracy lol)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:41 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Serge's Post:

'Except the very same is seen within the Traditions. At least with the Fallen you know where you stand.' Nicole replied gloomily, moving into the conference room with all the displays...

Anja's Post:

Serge's Posts:

'No such thing as "too soon".' she muttered grumpily, flicking off the safety catch of the little pistol. 'Go with them to the cafeteria. Not a debate.' she replied curtly in a "do as you're told" tone, propelling herself up off the floor with her legs alone while both scanning her immediate environment for threats [or a guard to report to] and pulling out her cellphone to answer the call, only pausing enough to see it wasn't someone she'd simply cut off.

'Busy right now. Hang up if this ain't critical.' she'll bark out on opening the phone-line.

[Think the first conversation has gone on long enough...]

[Not sure how anyone could see what the security chief is doing in their own office, when the two PCs are in one of the large conference halls.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:07 pm

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "Ah, right. When I hear of a senior Virtual Adept, it's usually Master Dante. My bad, I suppose."

"The Seat of Correspondence is a bit of a recluse, Master Dante handle the day to day affairs of the Tradition."
The Guernicus said.

He frowned, "Some vampires can withstand sunlight, and Horizon's suns are less harsh to vampires; the absence of some esoteric element... as for what, one came to assassinate Akrites' heir, the other might be here looking for a reincarnated member of the First Cabal, or for the heir's lineage... The cafeteria it is."

"Oh shit should we try to find the Heir and protect him."
Carlotta said looking suddenly pale.

Speeding off toward the cafeteria, he gave the guards a quick holler, "Keep up!"

You got to the cafeteria and found it to be perfectly normal several guests, servants, guards and mages was having their meals, there was the low murr of communication but you felt time being...wrong from the direction of the kitchen, like a foul taste of something having gone bad but you could not put your finger on it. The Security Council officers went with you but they looked confused.
"So what are we doing here Sir?"
One of them asked.
"Everything seam normal."

[TimeStop Labs]

"What th-" Serge said as he was brought down quickly to the floor. His hand went straight into his pocket for a pencil while his other arm clutched around the keepsakes Akrites had given to him. Surprised and confused he looked around for any apparent threat saying, "Hold on, it's too soon for us to be attacked again."

People around was scared but no one panicked though a few hurried to the window to have a look about what is going on.

"Awww man. I wanted to see the AR glasses." Serge said watching as the attendees were corralled into the reinforced cafeteria. He looked over at Nicole, hearing the ringing coming Nicole and said, "You should probably get that. Getting a call right when commotion starts up is probably not a coincidence. Wouldn't be surprised if there related. "

"Sir...you should head this way to the cafeteria, it is just a precaution we are safe here but just to be sure."
A woman from security said to serge then she nodded to Nicole.
"This way please though it look like you can take care of yourself Miss."

'No such thing as "too soon".' she muttered grumpily, flicking off the safety catch of the little pistol. 'Go with them to the cafeteria. Not a debate.' she replied curtly in a "do as you're told" tone, propelling herself up off the floor with her legs alone while both scanning her immediate environment for threats [or a guard to report to] and pulling out her cellphone to answer the call, only pausing enough to see it wasn't someone she'd simply cut off.

'Busy right now. Hang up if this ain't critical.' she'll bark out on opening the phone-line.

One of the officers was there trying to get Serge to go to the caffereria though you also saw the man you had dealt with earlier over by the window.
"Yeah this is Bee, Colin told me to call he said some bits of a future manifestation of Walace Jace have landed on Horizon and one of them are near the convention, he is on his way to help he said that is all...sound like trouble have found you."
Beatrice informed you she waited for a moment to see if you had questions before hanging up.

(OOC: I was thinking he was in the hall and rushing to the windows in the hall)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:18 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"The Seat of Correspondence is a bit of a recluse, Master Dante handle the day to day affairs of the Tradition."
The Guernicus said.
Colin nodded, "The Master of positioning wants to be somewhere others aren't... I can understand and respect that."

Anja wrote:"Oh shit should we try to find the Heir and protect him."
Carlotta said looking suddenly pale.
He shook his head, "He's fine, I already removed that threat - no need to draw attention to him now."

Anja wrote:You got to the cafeteria and found it to be perfectly normal several guests, servants, guards and mages was having their meals, there was the low murr of communication but you felt time being...wrong from the direction of the kitchen, like a foul taste of something having gone bad but you could not put your finger on it. The Security Council officers went with you but they looked confused.
"So what are we doing here Sir?"
One of them asked.
"Everything seam normal."
He squinted for a moment, then his eyes widened, raising his voice to a shout as he rushed for the kitchen door, "BLOODY HELL, VAMPIRE IN THE KITCHEN, CHECK THE FOOD FOR BLOOD!"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:53 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja wrote:"Sir...you should head this way to the cafeteria, it is just a precaution we are safe here but just to be sure."
A woman from security said to serge then she nodded to Nicole.
"This way please though it look like you can take care of yourself Miss."
Nicole wrote:'No such thing as "too soon".' she muttered grumpily, flicking off the safety catch of the little pistol. 'Go with them to the cafeteria. Not a debate.' she replied curtly in a "do as you're told" tone, propelling herself up off the floor with her legs alone while both scanning her immediate environment for threats [or a guard to report to] and pulling out her cellphone to answer the call, only pausing enough to see it wasn't someone she'd simply cut off.

Serge looked at Nicole and then at the Women and eventually with a frown said, "Fine. I know my role."

He got up and began following the Security Women to the Cafeteria muttering minor self-deprecating comments under his breath.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:46 pm

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "The Master of positioning wants to be somewhere others aren't... I can understand and respect that."

"It still makes ruling a Tradition a bit hard."
The Guernicus said with a shrug.
"I am called Olav Hall by the way, just so you have names, easier if you need to call on us in battle, that is Jonas Millit, Andrea Tesselwater and Ciel Kiev."
He said pointed to the other Security Council members in turn.

He shook his head, "He's fine, I already removed that threat - no need to draw attention to him now."

"I see...but we should still contact the Prima about this."
The tallest handmaiden said.
"Good luck then we will go and find her."

He squinted for a moment, then his eyes widened, raising his voice to a shout as he rushed for the kitchen door, "BLOODY HELL, VAMPIRE IN THE KITCHEN, CHECK THE FOOD FOR BLOOD!"

Everyone stopped eating, some screamed and stumbled away from the table, other tried to vomit into flower pots and a new burst of chaos, though less violet than with the protesters erupted and everyone tried to get away from the food as soon as possible. Olav raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

You got into the kitchen itself and there was a beautiful woman there in the white robes of the Lady of Balador's handmaidens. The woman was slightly chubby with golden brown skin and large brown eyes, there was several cooks and staff there as well who looked confused when you and the guards rushed in. The woman in the white robes was filling a tray with food and she gave you a plesant smile, though you could feel she was wrong somehow, she did not fit in this timeline.
"Can I ehm help you?"
The head cook asked looking at Colin and the guards.
"What is going on?"

[TimeStop Labs]

Serge looked at Nicole and then at the Women and eventually with a frown said, "Fine. I know my role."

He got up and began following the Security Women to the Cafeteria muttering minor self-deprecating comments under his breath.

The security officer gave Serge a strange look as you where led into a clean but practical cafeteria, though it had the same slightly swirling designs of the rest of the building. Several people was preparing to close some heavy looking metal doors once everyone was inside.
"Kid listen, I saw you drawing earlier..."
The guard begin.
"Now these people are scared, until we know what is going on, do you think you could entertain them, maybe make some funny drawings to keep everyone's spirits up? Most likely this will be sorted fast but just to avoid panic?"
She requested as more and more visitors to the conference was milling into the reinforced cafeteria.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:45 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"It still makes ruling a Tradition a bit hard."
The Guernicus said with a shrug.
"I am called Olav Hall by the way, just so you have names, easier if you need to call on us in battle, that is Jonas Millit, Andrea Tesselwater and Ciel Kiev."
He said pointed to the other Security Council members in turn.
Colin nodded, "Mr. Hall, Mr. Millit, Miss Tesselwater, and Miss Kiev. Colin Wainwright, Orphan extraordinaire, as I heard you recognize."

Anja wrote:"I see...but we should still contact the Prima about this."
The tallest handmaiden said.
"Good luck then we will go and find her."
He nodded, "Agreed, and if you see the new handmaiden... be cautious."

Anja wrote:Everyone stopped eating, some screamed and stumbled away from the table, other tried to vomit into flower pots and a new burst of chaos, though less violet than with the protesters erupted and everyone tried to get away from the food as soon as possible. Olav raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

You got into the kitchen itself and there was a beautiful woman there in the white robes of the Lady of Balador's handmaidens. The woman was slightly chubby with golden brown skin and large brown eyes, there was several cooks and staff there as well who looked confused when you and the guards rushed in. The woman in the white robes was filling a tray with food and she gave you a plesant smile, though you could feel she was wrong somehow, she did not fit in this timeline.
"Can I ehm help you?"
The head cook asked looking at Colin and the guards.
"What is going on?"
His eyes narrowed, "My apologies for the mild disruption of the cafeteria hall, couldn't risk everyone's food being tampered with. I'm afraid there's an imposter here."
Fishing out a lighter from his pocket, he swiftly flicked it and augmented the flame to rise a little higher and brighter without getting close to anything flammable, "So, are you a piece of Wallace Jace, or just a minion? Or was it Moloch when you were sent off?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:43 pm

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "Mr. Hall, Mr. Millit, Miss Tesselwater, and Miss Kiev. Colin Wainwright, Orphan extraordinaire, as I heard you recognize."

"Yeah...ehm...sorry about that."
Olav said looking a bit embarrassed.
"But yes nice to meet you ehm...lead the way."

He nodded, "Agreed, and if you see the new handmaiden... be cautious."

The Guernicus magi just nodded and followed along.

His eyes narrowed, "My apologies for the mild disruption of the cafeteria hall, couldn't risk everyone's food being tampered with. I'm afraid there's an imposter here."

"Yeah that right?"
The ehad chef asked sounding rather confused.
"An imposter? Who?"

Fishing out a lighter from his pocket, he swiftly flicked it and augmented the flame to rise a little higher and brighter without getting close to anything flammable, "So, are you a piece of Wallace Jace, or just a minion? Or was it Moloch when you were sent off?"

The woman in the white robes hissed in fear and fled up a shelf to get away from the fire.
"Moloch glorious Moloch!"
She declared.
"Now fuck off and leave me to my glorious task!"
She declared and the kitchen staff looked at one another before fleeing out of the kitchen at some haste.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:56 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"Yeah...ehm...sorry about that."
Olav said looking a bit embarrassed.
"But yes nice to meet you ehm...lead the way."
Colin grinned, "No harm, no foul, and I take some pride in the title."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that right?"
The ehad chef asked sounding rather confused.
"An imposter? Who?"
He kept his attention on the handmaiden, "Please be careful..."

Anja wrote:The woman in the white robes hissed in fear and fled up a shelf to get away from the fire.
"Moloch glorious Moloch!"
She declared.
"Now fuck off and leave me to my glorious task!"
She declared and the kitchen staff looked at one another before fleeing out of the kitchen at some haste.
He sneered and directed the flame straight at the vampire, even as he started casting his funnel, preparing to crystallize Quintessence, instead of burning it off, "Too bad I have spent aeons stopping the bastard - guards, I need her impaled and bleeding! Aim for the heart, find chopsticks if you must!"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:19 pm

[Horizon]

Colin grinned, "No harm, no foul, and I take some pride in the title."

"If you say so Sir."
The Guernicus said with a bit of a confused look on his face.

He kept his attention on the handmaiden, "Please be careful..."

"Yeah...sure got it."
The head cook said looking a bit nervous.

He sneered and directed the flame straight at the vampire, even as he started casting his funnel, preparing to crystallize Quintessence, instead of burning it off, "Too bad I have spent aeons stopping the bastard - guards, I need her impaled and bleeding! Aim for the heart, find chopsticks if you must!"

The vampiress jumped away from the flame and she hissed again.
"You will not stop us now."
She said.
"Time will change and we will undo all you have done!"

As the vampiress made this deceleration Olav had put his gun down and was gesturing with his hands and muttered something about Rego Auram and the vampiress got slammed to the floor as if pressed by a great weight, she gave a grunt of frustration but then said.
"You can kill me but our plan is already started, we got what we came her for."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:34 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:The vampiress jumped away from the flame and she hissed again.
"You will not stop us now."
She said.
"Time will change and we will undo all you have done!"

As the vampiress made this deceleration Olav had put his gun down and was gesturing with his hands and muttered something about Rego Auram and the vampiress got slammed to the floor as if pressed by a great weight, she gave a grunt of frustration but then said.
"You can kill me but our plan is already started, we got what we came her for."
Colin frowned, and casually grabbed a knife to make a quick incision in the vampiress' leg, beginning to draw the Quintessence out of her blood and into a crystal in his hand, "Oh, there are many changes to time, but it's your work that will be undone... I am the Wrinkle in your scheme... With the both of you taken out, I will backtrack and correct as needed..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:01 pm

[Horizon]

Colin frowned, and casually grabbed a knife to make a quick incision in the vampiress' leg, beginning to draw the Quintessence out of her blood and into a crystal in his hand, "Oh, there are many changes to time, but it's your work that will be undone... I am the Wrinkle in your scheme... With the both of you taken out, I will backtrack and correct as needed..."

It seamed that you did not yet have the knowledge for how to drain Quintessence out of a pattern such as a ehm...living vampire, spilled blood yes but not out of a person. The vampiress just glared at you.

(OOC: It is Prime 4 to drain Quint out of a person.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:06 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:It seamed that you did not yet have the knowledge for how to drain Quintessence out of a pattern such as a ehm...living vampire, spilled blood yes but not out of a person. The vampiress just glared at you.
Colin arched an eyebrow, and turned up the lighter flame again at the vampiress' face, burning her until she stopped moving.

((OOC: I know, that was the point of the incision on her leg, to get the drainage started. But, flow's too slow, that's fine... her ashes will suffice. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 am

[Horizon]

Colin arched an eyebrow, and turned up the lighter flame again at the vampiress' face, burning her until she stopped moving.

The vampiress screamed in pain and terror as she burned but she turned to ash quickly, you notice Olav turning his face away with a disturbed look on his face.
"There have to be better ways to kill Massassa."
He muttered as he released the spell that was not only holding down ash.
"Well we need to check the diners to see that everyone are ok."
One of the other Guernicus said and Olav nodded.
"We split up, group A examine the kitchen the rest head out to the cafeteria to assist the diners."

(OOC: Vampires hardly bleed and you cold only draw from the blood that had left her body, a cut is not enough to get to the Quintessence inside of her.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:04 am

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:The vampiress screamed in pain and terror as she burned but she turned to ash quickly, you notice Olav turning his face away with a disturbed look on his face.
"There have to be better ways to kill Massassa."
He muttered as he released the spell that was not only holding down ash.
"Well we need to check the diners to see that everyone are ok."
One of the other Guernicus said and Olav nodded.
"We split up, group A examine the kitchen the rest head out to the cafeteria to assist the diners."
Colin nodded, "The two assassins have been stopped, but we don't know what they had the time to do... I'll secure the Tass she left behind, prevent anyone from getting poisoned by it, then I'll proceed straight to finding out exactly what she did here - the other one didn't seem to have time to do much beyond trying to get past the protest crowd at Timestop... but I'll have to double-check that, too. And... stellar work, officers. I trust you'll report back that I was correct about the intruder?"

Drawing the Quintessence from the ashes into a small, solid, translucent stone, he held it up like a lens, peering through it to follow the vampiress' actions in reverse, from her getting incinerated to filling up the food tray, to entering the kitchen, and back, back, back to the point she arrived.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:40 am

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "The two assassins have been stopped, but we don't know what they had the time to do... I'll secure the Tass she left behind, prevent anyone from getting poisoned by it, then I'll proceed straight to finding out exactly what she did here - the other one didn't seem to have time to do much beyond trying to get past the protest crowd at Timestop... but I'll have to double-check that, too. And... stellar work, officers. I trust you'll report back that I was correct about the intruder?"

"We will let the boss know yes."
Olav said.
"Very well, I will assist you here then and the others can check on the dining room."
He said signalling and the other three Guernicus magi hurried in that direction to calm down and scan the diners to see if anyone needed help.

Drawing the Quintessence from the ashes into a small, solid, translucent stone, he held it up like a lens, peering through it to follow the vampiress' actions in reverse, from her getting incinerated to filling up the food tray, to entering the kitchen, and back, back, back to the point she arrived.

The stone turned dark like smoky quartz as you sucked the now dead vampiress' essence into it. You held it up and looked though it. You could not see past her entering the kitchen, there was powerful wards in place, but you saw her bleed into one of the pots and then start preparing a tray of food, putting something from a small glass vial into the food on the tray.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:18 am

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"We will let the boss know yes."
Olav said.
"Very well, I will assist you here then and the others can check on the dining room."
He said signalling and the other three Guernicus magi hurried in that direction to calm down and scan the diners to see if anyone needed help.
Colin nodded, "I appreciate it - best make sure there's no tainted food out there. Vampire blood is... I've seen what it can do to a Mage."

Anja wrote:The stone turned dark like smoky quartz as you sucked the now dead vampiress' essence into it. You held it up and looked though it. You could not see past her entering the kitchen, there was powerful wards in place, but you saw her bleed into one of the pots and then start preparing a tray of food, putting something from a small glass vial into the food on the tray.
He frowned, pointing out the pot she'd bled in, "That's contaminated. The tray she prepared was also, hm... glass vial, glass vial, where'd she put the glass vial? Wait, was that the same tray as the one she was holding when we came in?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:13 pm

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "I appreciate it - best make sure there's no tainted food out there. Vampire blood is... I've seen what it can do to a Mage."

"Yeah to be sure it is best to destroy the food out there."
One of the Security Council members said as they headed out there to check on the diners.

He frowned, pointing out the pot she'd bled in, "That's contaminated. The tray she prepared was also, hm... glass vial, glass vial, where'd she put the glass vial? Wait, was that the same tray as the one she was holding when we came in?"

Olav wasted no time and a bit of Creo Ignem took care of the contaminated pot of food with foul smelling efficiency.
"She was holding a tray when we came in."
Olav said as he shifted though ash and the pointed to the same tray you had seen in your vision, it was now on the floor with the content splattered everywhere.
"That one and yeah...here we go."
He said as he pulled out a small, led glass bottle that had become blackened from the heat but which had not cracked.
"It might be this one."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:51 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"Yeah to be sure it is best to destroy the food out there."
One of the Security Council members said as they headed out there to check on the diners.
Colin nodded, "If anyone has ingested tainted food, I would recommend they consult with Master Cita Telar to ensure there's no harm done, or to tend to any damage that might have occurred."

Anja wrote:Olav wasted no time and a bit of Creo Ignem took care of the contaminated pot of food with foul smelling efficiency.
"She was holding a tray when we came in."
Olav said as he shifted though ash and the pointed to the same tray you had seen in your vision, it was now on the floor with the content splattered everywhere.
"That one and yeah...here we go."
He said as he pulled out a small, led glass bottle that had become blackened from the heat but which had not cracked.
"It might be this one."
He pondered, "That looks like it could be it... The question is, what was inside, and who was the food intended for? Her entry point was warded, quite powerful stuff, but I do believe I have her actions after that point accounted for... Could be poison, could be something to let her eat the food and seem... mortal."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:01 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja wrote:The security officer gave Serge a strange look as you where led into a clean but practical cafeteria, though it had the same slightly swirling designs of the rest of the building. Several people was preparing to close some heavy looking metal doors once everyone was inside.
"Kid listen, I saw you drawing earlier..."
The guard begin.
"Now these people are scared, until we know what is going on, do you think you could entertain them, maybe make some funny drawings to keep everyone's spirits up? Most likely this will be sorted fast but just to avoid panic?"
She requested as more and more visitors to the conference was milling into the reinforced cafeteria.

"Yeah no problem. I'm happy to help out in any way." Serge said kindly as they entered the reinforced cafeteria. "I don't think drawings are the best way to go about it. We're at a tech convention right. That's a different audience. Don't worry though I'll think of something."

Once they entered the cafeteria he looked around to assess for himself how the attendees were. He somewhat doubted the Security Officers claim. From his perspective nothing major really happened. Dragons and Protesters seemed to be the norm here on Horizon.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next