Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 am

[TimeStop Labs]

"Yeah no problem. I'm happy to help out in any way." Serge said kindly as they entered the reinforced cafeteria. "I don't think drawings are the best way to go about it. We're at a tech convention right. That's a different audience. Don't worry though I'll think of something."

"Whatever you think is best, you got this kid."
The security guards said, she patted Serge on the shoulder before heading out to do her job.

Once they entered the cafeteria he looked around to assess for himself how the attendees were. He somewhat doubted the Security Officers claim. From his perspective nothing major really happened. Dragons and Protesters seemed to be the norm here on Horizon.

Some seamed to be stressed, especially guests, Horizon locals was sort of used to strange things happening and they seamed more annoyed at the interruption to their day, but off course there was a bit of a nervous moon in the reinforced cafeteria. The room was a large round chamber with small metal tables and chairs strewn about, hundreds of small light bulbs hung from the roof to create a interesting star like effect with the black painted room. Towards one end of the room there was a bar with menus and a door into the kitchen area.

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "If anyone has ingested tainted food, I would recommend they consult with Master Cita Telar to ensure there's no harm done, or to tend to any damage that might have occurred."

"That is a good idea, will do."
The Guernicus said as they headed into the dining room.

He pondered, "That looks like it could be it... The question is, what was inside, and who was the food intended for? Her entry point was warded, quite powerful stuff, but I do believe I have her actions after that point accounted for... Could be poison, could be something to let her eat the food and seem... mortal."

"It could be The Seat of Time's lunch, after all the massassa was dressed as one of her handmaidens/apprentices."
Olav said as he handed the bottle to Colin.
"I guess it is hard to know for sure, I guess the cook and his assistants might know what the massassa was doing in the kitchen, as for what was in the bottle we can try to analyse that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:46 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja wrote:Some seamed to be stressed, especially guests, Horizon locals was sort of used to strange things happening and they seamed more annoyed at the interruption to their day, but off course there was a bit of a nervous moon in the reinforced cafeteria. The room was a large round chamber with small metal tables and chairs strewn about, hundreds of small light bulbs hung from the roof to create a interesting star like effect with the black painted room. Towards one end of the room there was a bar with menus and a door into the kitchen area.

"This shouldn't be too hard." Serge thought as he made his way to the center of the room.

He stretched his arms and let his joints crack, mostly to get the attention of those around before saying, "Man. Never a dull day in Horizon is there? The dragon could've waited until I went to more than two booths though...."

He spoke louder than normal, ensuring everyone could hear him. And he spoke amicably, with no hint of malice or frustration in his voice as if what was happening was as interesting as a flock of birds passing overhead.

"Well no point waiting in silence. Hey what's the coolest thing you guys saw here? Like I said I only saw two booths. And if anyone saw a laser that turns things into candy you better speak up first!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 am

[TimeStop Labs]

"This shouldn't be too hard." Serge thought as he made his way to the center of the room.

He stretched his arms and let his joints crack, mostly to get the attention of those around before saying, "Man. Never a dull day in Horizon is there? The dragon could've waited until I went to more than two booths though...."

"Yeah right. I mean I wonder what set him off mostly the blue dragons of Horizon is fairly friendly."
A man with a hint of an artificial leg poking out in the gap between his pant leg hem and his shoes.
"Maybe it is sick or something."
A woman with neon green hair in braids chimed in.

"The coolest are yet to come, there is going to be an appearance of someone, all hush, hush for now but a project will be revealed where an Avatar is linked right into a Umbra ship!"
A plump woman declared.
"Actually I do not need it do be fancy, I bought some custom Cochlears for my kid so she do not always have to adjust the volume, this one measure background noise and how loud things around her are and will adjust the implants accordingly."
A man with a fuzzy toddler on his arm said.
"I am getting six fingered hands and will develop Hermetic gestures that use the extra finger."
A man in robes with gloved hands declared and there was a general conversation popping up around you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:11 am

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"That is a good idea, will do."
The Guernicus said as they headed into the dining room.
Colin nodded, "Ah, she's in Boston right now, visiting Steelhaven Hall - if there is an urgent case, let me know, I'll pass along the Chantry's contact information to reach her swiftly."

Anja wrote:"It could be The Seat of Time's lunch, after all the massassa was dressed as one of her handmaidens/apprentices."
Olav said as he handed the bottle to Colin.
"I guess it is hard to know for sure, I guess the cook and his assistants might know what the massassa was doing in the kitchen, as for what was in the bottle we can try to analyse that."
He nodded, "Likely so... hum, it seems plausible whatever was in the flask might mask the blood, let's see..."

He quickly stepped over to the dropped food tray and made a quick scan of it, looking for hints of the blood, or the Tass within...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:52 am

[Horizon]

Colin nodded, "Ah, she's in Boston right now, visiting Steelhaven Hall - if there is an urgent case, let me know, I'll pass along the Chantry's contact information to reach her swiftly."

"Very well Sir."
The Guernicus said.

He nodded, "Likely so... hum, it seems plausible whatever was in the flask might mask the blood, let's see..."

He quickly stepped over to the dropped food tray and made a quick scan of it, looking for hints of the blood, or the Tass within...

There was some Tass in the dropped tray, highly Entropic but exactly what it was was hard to say, you do not think it was vampire blood though, it was something else foul.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:09 am

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:There was some Tass in the dropped tray, highly Entropic but exactly what it was was hard to say, you do not think it was vampire blood though, it was something else foul.
Colin frowned, Funneling the Tass into another stone, making a mental note to get a few more soon, "This doesn't look like vampire blood... it's Entropic, strongly so, possibly Qlippothic? There's something abhorrent to it, at any rate..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:02 pm

[Horizon]

Colin frowned, Funneling the Tass into another stone, making a mental note to get a few more soon, "This doesn't look like vampire blood... it's Entropic, strongly so, possibly Qlippothic? There's something abhorrent to it, at any rate..."

"Well I guess we can take a sample and have it properly analyzed but I doubt it would have been healthy to eat in any regard."
Olav said with a frown. At this time Ciel came in through the door.
"We can not find any massassa blood or Tass that should not be there on the food that have been served, I think we lucked out that the massassa did not have time to get contaminated food out, one of the diners have recently been Branded though so his Avatar is delicate, I have sent Andrea to take him to the Verbena clinic to get checked out just to be on the safe side in case there was anythign we missed."
Ciel said and Olav nodded.
"Good that is probably best."
He said and then turned towards Colin.
"So then Mr Wainwright what now?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:49 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess we can take a sample and have it properly analyzed but I doubt it would have been healthy to eat in any regard."
Olav said with a frown. At this time Ciel came in through the door.
"We can not find any massassa blood or Tass that should not be there on the food that have been served, I think we lucked out that the massassa did not have time to get contaminated food out, one of the diners have recently been Branded though so his Avatar is delicate, I have sent Andrea to take him to the Verbena clinic to get checked out just to be on the safe side in case there was anythign we missed."
Ciel said and Olav nodded.
"Good that is probably best."
He said and then turned towards Colin.
"So then Mr Wainwright what now?"
Colin nodded thoughtfully, pocketing the Tass, "I agree, it appears she only managed to poison one pot of food, and this tray. As for now, there were only two of Moloch's fragments sent back to now.. the one I executed by Timestop Laboratories - and I am sorry about the chaos there, but that really was a powder keg of stupidity that was triggered by the vampire revealing herself - and this one. So what remains is taking care of the property damage, letting people know the crisis is averted... and I have to sort out a time loop and a promise to save a kitten."
He smiled thinly, "You tell the Chef the kitchen is accessible again while I get the broom and start sweeping up the massassa?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:37 am

[Horizon]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, pocketing the Tass, "I agree, it appears she only managed to poison one pot of food, and this tray. As for now, there were only two of Moloch's fragments sent back to now.. the one I executed by Timestop Laboratories - and I am sorry about the chaos there, but that really was a powder keg of stupidity that was triggered by the vampire revealing herself - and this one. So what remains is taking care of the property damage, letting people know the crisis is averted... and I have to sort out a time loop and a promise to save a kitten."

"Moloch? A kitten? Sorry Sir I have no idea what you are talking about."
Olav said as he gave Colin a rather strange look.
"Are you talking about the rapport we are got about dragons attacking a crowd outside of Time Stop? And there was another vampire there you say? I think you are going to have to run this whole thing by me again a bit slower this time."

He smiled thinly, "You tell the Chef the kitchen is accessible again while I get the broom and start sweeping up the massassa?"

"I will do so and help you clean up."
Olav said and he went to find the cook leaving you alone in the empty kitchen.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:05 am

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"Moloch? A kitten? Sorry Sir I have no idea what you are talking about."
Olav said as he gave Colin a rather strange look.
"Are you talking about the rapport we are got about dragons attacking a crowd outside of Time Stop? And there was another vampire there you say? I think you are going to have to run this whole thing by me again a bit slower this time."
Colin chuckled softly, "The two are not related... hum, very well, this will take some time, and I will have to omit some details, but here's the crisis summed up... Old Man Wrinkle sent me a warning about twelve minutes ago, including a vision of twenty years in the future when the Heart of Horizon chases down Moloch - the abomination warned about in Akrites Salonikas' prophecy - better known today as Wallace Jace, the Fallen Progenitor who was recently, well... the bastard had contingencies. Moloch was destroyed, but two fragments of his evil, in the form of two of his vampiric underlings, were sent back to today, to try to change the timeline in his favor by assassinating two individuals of importance: the Heir of Akrites Salonikas, and apparently the Seat of Time. One landed near Timestop Labs, the other here in the Chantry proper. I made haste to the conference, and spotted the vampire elbowing her way through the protest. Unfortunately, the woman was identified as a vampire, and there was a bit of panic. I did my best to contain the threat, but it seems two dragons were... interrupted in their intimacies, and then some complete and utter idiot fired a wand at one of the dragons. I... don't think he made it, but at the same time, I don't believe the dragons made any effort to actually injure or kill anyone other than the wand-happy chap. With the vampire staked and beheaded, I proceeded here, and you know the rest."
He smiled thinly, "The matter of the kitten is just a personal promise I made in the future, to make sure a kitten gets vaccinated, so it won't die to a preventable disease and become a ghost haunting the house... I don't think the little fluffball is even born yet, so that's not so urgent, but I still have to do it. The anti-vaccine militants are simply the worst..."

Anja wrote:"I will do so and help you clean up."
Olav said and he went to find the cook leaving you alone in the empty kitchen.
He nodded and fetched a broom, beginning to carefully scoop the ashes into a trashbag, making sure to not miss a single speck of remains anywhere. It might be inert and magically harmless now, but human ashes are still not something one should inhale or ingest.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:22 am

[Horizon]

Colin chuckled softly, "The two are not related... hum, very well, this will take some time, and I will have to omit some details, but here's the crisis summed up... Old Man Wrinkle sent me a warning about twelve minutes ago, including a vision of twenty years in the future when the Heart of Horizon chases down Moloch - the abomination warned about in Akrites Salonikas' prophecy - better known today as Wallace Jace, the Fallen Progenitor who was recently, well... the bastard had contingencies. Moloch was destroyed, but two fragments of his evil, in the form of two of his vampiric underlings, were sent back to today, to try to change the timeline in his favor by assassinating two individuals of importance: the Heir of Akrites Salonikas, and apparently the Seat of Time. One landed near Timestop Labs, the other here in the Chantry proper. I made haste to the conference, and spotted the vampire elbowing her way through the protest. Unfortunately, the woman was identified as a vampire, and there was a bit of panic. I did my best to contain the threat, but it seems two dragons were... interrupted in their intimacies, and then some complete and utter idiot fired a wand at one of the dragons. I... don't think he made it, but at the same time, I don't believe the dragons made any effort to actually injure or kill anyone other than the wand-happy chap. With the vampire staked and beheaded, I proceeded here, and you know the rest."
He smiled thinly, "The matter of the kitten is just a personal promise I made in the future, to make sure a kitten gets vaccinated, so it won't die to a preventable disease and become a ghost haunting the house... I don't think the little fluffball is even born yet, so that's not so urgent, but I still have to do it. The anti-vaccine militants are simply the worst..."

Olav looked confused then surprised.
"How do you know about the Heart of Horizon? My team is providing security when some of the tech used to create it are to be presented later in the Cyrbernetics convention, until that time the ship is not common knowledge...though I guess you mentioning the ship give credence to you claim."
"As for the rest of your story it sound like an action movie but I guess I have heard stranger. But Wallace Jace was he not...in the Main Sentencing Hall not long ago...how is he a time traveling vampire in the future?"
The Guernicus said with a shudder.
"As for the dragons they are peaceful but if one was attacked then they will not tolerate that."
He said with a frown.
"They are likely to take their revenge and elave unless some other idiot attack them."
Olav nodded.
"Yes religious anti vaxxers are...tiresome. I am still not sure how the cat tie into this but I got the gist of the rest of it now, confusing as it may be."
He said scratching his head again.

He nodded and fetched a broom, beginning to carefully scoop the ashes into a trashbag, making sure to not miss a single speck of remains anywhere. It might be inert and magically harmless now, but human ashes are still not something one should inhale or ingest.

The kitchen staff returned and one of them started setting up some device pointing towards the kitchen.
"Just leave it Sir I will vaporize the entire room and just just program new tools, furniture and everything else into the empty space."
The cook informed you.
"It is the only way to be sure."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:01 am

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:Olav looked confused then surprised.
"How do you know about the Heart of Horizon? My team is providing security when some of the tech used to create it are to be presented later in the Cyrbernetics convention, until that time the ship is not common knowledge...though I guess you mentioning the ship give credence to you claim."
"As for the rest of your story it sound like an action movie but I guess I have heard stranger. But Wallace Jace was he not...in the Main Sentencing Hall not long ago...how is he a time traveling vampire in the future?"
The Guernicus said with a shudder.
Colin smiled thinly, "My Avatar is a bit unusual, and I know Master Telar. Also, I've met her captain, a pleasant fellow. He has a sketch I drew of the Heart in flight over Concordia a couple months back... a vision of a battle yet to come. She's a magnificent ship, very much like none other. And yes, the same Wallace Jace; he's cheated death before, and this time, he's picked out a vampire bloodline to consume for his own power's sake. The man's brilliant but overconfident, he thinks he can control Moloch... doesn't work that way."

Anja wrote:"As for the dragons they are peaceful but if one was attacked then they will not tolerate that."
He said with a frown.
"They are likely to take their revenge and elave unless some other idiot attack them."
Olav nodded.
He nodded, "There was some angry fire-breathing, but they did not seem to aim for people, just herd them away."

Anja wrote:"Yes religious anti vaxxers are...tiresome. I am still not sure how the cat tie into this but I got the gist of the rest of it now, confusing as it may be."
He said scratching his head again.
He shook his head, "As I said, the cat is an unrelated issue, the only connection there is through me... well, the owner was attending the protest, but honestly, it is irrelevant to the crisis. Just something for me to take care of."

Anja wrote:The kitchen staff returned and one of them started setting up some device pointing towards the kitchen.
"Just leave it Sir I will vaporize the entire room and just just program new tools, furniture and everything else into the empty space."
The cook informed you.
"It is the only way to be sure."
He nodded, "Very well, just make sure the guards got the necessary sample from the food tray for analysis first? Actually... I'll secure a sample, too. Is there a small, clean jar I could take?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:10 am

[Horizon]

Colin smiled thinly, "My Avatar is a bit unusual, and I know Master Telar. Also, I've met her captain, a pleasant fellow. He has a sketch I drew of the Heart in flight over Concordia a couple months back... a vision of a battle yet to come. She's a magnificent ship, very much like none other. And yes, the same Wallace Jace; he's cheated death before, and this time, he's picked out a vampire bloodline to consume for his own power's sake. The man's brilliant but overconfident, he thinks he can control Moloch... doesn't work that way."

"But construction have just started on the...oh...I guess unusual is right."
Olav said as he regarded the drawing.
"So Jace escaped Gilgul and became a vampire, let us assume I guy that, how do we find him and stop him for good?"

He nodded, "There was some angry fire-breathing, but they did not seem to aim for people, just herd them away."

"Well they are dragons, I think many forget that since they have become tourist attractions, they might be peaceful but they are arrogant, proud and powerful beings so pissing them off to much is not wise, they are not likely to kill indiscriminately, which is why the Security Council will mark this death up as idiocy...I mean forces of nature."
Olav said shaking his head.

He shook his head, "As I said, the cat is an unrelated issue, the only connection there is through me... well, the owner was attending the protest, but honestly, it is irrelevant to the crisis. Just something for me to take care of."

Olav nodded.
"Very well then Sir, do you need further assistance from me?"

He nodded, "Very well, just make sure the guards got the necessary sample from the food tray for analysis first? Actually... I'll secure a sample, too. Is there a small, clean jar I could take?"

Olav went ahead and collected samples and then got out of the room. Once all was out the cook activated his device, there was a humming sound and a bright light and then all that was left in the room was white dust and the stones of the floor, walls and roof. Poof.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:08 pm

[Horizon]
Anja wrote:"But construction have just started on the...oh...I guess unusual is right."
Olav said as he regarded the drawing.
"So Jace escaped Gilgul and became a vampire, let us assume I guy that, how do we find him and stop him for good?"
Colin sighed, "If I could answer that, I would be a happy man with a long life ahead of me... If I find a way to do it early, it will postpone my... passing, shall we say? If the timeline goes without further changes, I'll be on the Heart of Horizon in twenty years, chasing Jace through a shattering in time, and seeing him destroyed as he is ascending into Moloch... The ship will make it, but I won't come back..."

Anja wrote:"Well they are dragons, I think many forget that since they have become tourist attractions, they might be peaceful but they are arrogant, proud and powerful beings so pissing them off to much is not wise, they are not likely to kill indiscriminately, which is why the Security Council will mark this death up as idiocy...I mean forces of nature."
Olav said shaking his head.
He chuckled wryly, "Natural causes, is it? Hm, arrogant, proud, and powerful... they are hardly alone in fitting that description here, are they?"

Anja wrote:Olav nodded.
"Very well then Sir, do you need further assistance from me?"
He shook his head, "No, I believe I'm good. Thank you for the assistance, Mr. Hall. Please pass my regards to your colleagues, as well."

Anja wrote:Olav went ahead and collected samples and then got out of the room. Once all was out the cook activated his device, there was a humming sound and a bright light and then all that was left in the room was white dust and the stones of the floor, walls and roof. Poof.
He gave the chef a nod, and left the kitchen, double-checking that the dubious Tass was secure, as well as the little lead glass flask, beginning to stroll leisurely out of Horizon Chantry while sending a quick text to Morgan, "On my own at the moment, the emergency is resolved, problem appears fully averted. I am heading back to the house, will need to examine some items closer. If you are already back, reading the letter on the kitchen table will give you grey hair."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:38 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja wrote:"Yeah right. I mean I wonder what set him off mostly the blue dragons of Horizon is fairly friendly."
A man with a hint of an artificial leg poking out in the gap between his pant leg hem and his shoes.
"Maybe it is sick or something."
A woman with neon green hair in braids chimed in.
Anja wrote:"The coolest are yet to come, there is going to be an appearance of someone, all hush, hush for now but a project will be revealed where an Avatar is linked right into a Umbra ship!"
A plump woman declared.
"Actually I do not need it do be fancy, I bought some custom Cochlear for my kid so she do not always have to adjust the volume, this one measure background noise and how loud things around her are and will adjust the implants accordingly."
A man with a fuzzy toddler on his arm said.
"I am getting six fingered hands and will develop Hermetic gestures that use the extra finger."
A man in robes with gloved hands declared and there was a general conversation popping up around you.

"Six Fingered Hands! Damn. And here I am getting excited about AR glasses. But man if I can customize those things to allow me to see spirits I'm getting them instantly. Back at my chantry I am surrounded by spirits constantly and can't see ANY OF THEM." Serge said adding to the conversation.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:55 pm

[Horizon]

Colin sighed, "If I could answer that, I would be a happy man with a long life ahead of me... If I find a way to do it early, it will postpone my... passing, shall we say? If the timeline goes without further changes, I'll be on the Heart of Horizon in twenty years, chasing Jace through a shattering in time, and seeing him destroyed as he is ascending into Moloch... The ship will make it, but I won't come back..."

"Ehm...ok then."
Olva said just looking confused.

He chuckled wryly, "Natural causes, is it? Hm, arrogant, proud, and powerful... they are hardly alone in fitting that description here, are they?"

"Well you should not poke at powerful mages either, it is not good for your health."
Olav said with a slight chuckle.
"But yeah it is a shame the guy died, I do not like any of us dying but he sort of sign his own death sentence pissing of a dragon unless he was powerful enough to deal with the threat."

He shook his head, "No, I believe I'm good. Thank you for the assistance, Mr. Hall. Please pass my regards to your colleagues, as well."

Olav gave a crisp salute and walked of. In the dining room people had calmed down as his team was reassuring the diners and making sure they where ok.

He gave the chef a nod, and left the kitchen, double-checking that the dubious Tass was secure, as well as the little lead glass flask, beginning to stroll leisurely out of Horizon Chantry while sending a quick text to Morgan, "On my own at the moment, the emergency is resolved, problem appears fully averted. I am heading back to the house, will need to examine some items closer. If you are already back, reading the letter on the kitchen table will give you grey hair."

The samples you needed and the little flask was secure. You got a reply from Jeffry.
"To Mr Wainwright.
Very well but spend as little time on your own as possible it is not safe. I am still with Kyle but I will head back to the town house soon, and I am sure you can give me gray hairs when I return.
Be Well
JM."

[TimeStop Labs]

"Six Fingered Hands! Damn. And here I am getting excited about AR glasses. But man if I can customize those things to allow me to see spirits I'm getting them instantly. Back at my chantry I am surrounded by spirits constantly and can't see ANY OF THEM." Serge said adding to the conversation.

"You can probably have the glasses enchanted to see spirits."
The man with the child on his arm said.
"Or you can use them as foci to see the spirits. Generally they will not show you such things just on their own but they can be used as conduits for the magic, or Science or whatever your Paradigm want to call it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:07 pm

[TimeStop Labs, Conference Hall]

Anja's Posts:

'Others too.' Nicole replied to the security officer, the cell phone-line still open. 'Define "future man-ifest-tion".' she would reply back into the cell, voice stumbling over the last word, perhaps suggesting the Etherite didn't know what it meant. Wouldn't be the first time she seemed to have gaping holes in her education. All the while keeping her eye on the security officer she'd dealt with earlier while moving towards him.

[Where is Colin, exactly? There's no point in having location stamps if they're not changed when needed...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:36 pm

[Horizon Chantry]
Anja wrote:"Ehm...ok then."
Olva said just looking confused.
Colin shook his head thoughtfully, "I know what my Fate will be - how I will leave this mortal world behind. What is still open for negotiation is when that happens... if I can stop Jace before twenty years have passed, I have all the time in the world to enjoy with my family. If I can't... the sacrifice will be worth it, for everyone's safety."

Anja wrote:"Well you should not poke at powerful mages either, it is not good for your health."
Olav said with a slight chuckle.
"But yeah it is a shame the guy died, I do not like any of us dying but he sort of sign his own death sentence pissing of a dragon unless he was powerful enough to deal with the threat."
He nodded, "He chose... poorly. But he made his choice."

Anja wrote:Olav gave a crisp salute and walked of. In the dining room people had calmed down as his team was reassuring the diners and making sure they where ok.
He returned the salute sharply.

Anja wrote:The samples you needed and the little flask was secure. You got a reply from Jeffry.
"To Mr Wainwright.
Very well but spend as little time on your own as possible it is not safe. I am still with Kyle but I will head back to the town house soon, and I am sure you can give me gray hairs when I return.
Be Well
JM."
He chuckled softly, typing out a quick reply, 'Gladly, though I suspect a Wrinkle is a more likely consequence.' before deleting it and replying 'I will see you there, then.'

((OOC: Colin is at the Horizon Chantry, a bit of ways from Timestop Labs... time contraction is useful for getting around quickly. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 am

'Others too.' Nicole replied to the security officer, the cell phone-line still open. 'Define "future man-ifest-tion".' she would reply back into the cell, voice stumbling over the last word, perhaps suggesting the Etherite didn't know what it meant. Wouldn't be the first time she seemed to have gaping holes in her education. All the while keeping her eye on the security officer she'd dealt with earlier while moving towards him.

"I mean Wallace Jace somehow survived and did some Star Trek bullshit and sent part of himself to our time and Colin rushed out to deal with it. I am not sure where he is now but he said one of these things from the future was near Time Stop."
Beatrice explained. The sounds from the outside was becoming less intence, whatever was happening seamed to be calming down. You got to the security officer and he gave you a polite nod.
"Scientist."
He said.
"There is something happening outside, I believe we are safe here but I am going outside to find out what exactly is going on, care to join me? I have put most of my limited forces to protect the civilians in the cafeteria."

[Horizon Chantry]

Colin shook his head thoughtfully, "I know what my Fate will be - how I will leave this mortal world behind. What is still open for negotiation is when that happens... if I can stop Jace before twenty years have passed, I have all the time in the world to enjoy with my family. If I can't... the sacrifice will be worth it, for everyone's safety."

"I see, good luck with that then."
Olav said and this man you had just met gave you a bit of a okey to much information but sure man look.

He nodded, "He chose... poorly. But he made his choice."

"He will have family and friends who will miss him so I will not gloat at his demise but neither will I blame the dragon, the protester know they are big, powerful and easy to anger."
The House Guernicus member said with a frown.

He chuckled softly, typing out a quick reply, 'Gladly, though I suspect a Wrinkle is a more likely consequence.' before deleting it and replying 'I will see you there, then.'

It was probably a good choice to send the second message, you got no further replied though. Where you heading to Time Stop or Jeffry's Town House?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:52 pm

[Horizon Chantry]
Anja wrote:"He will have family and friends who will miss him so I will not gloat at his demise but neither will I blame the dragon, the protester know they are big, powerful and easy to anger."
The House Guernicus member said with a frown.
Colin nodded, "One can see the dark humour in it without gloating... and if I meet any of his family, I'll offer my condolences, of course."

Anja wrote:It was probably a good choice to send the second message, you got no further replied though. Where you heading to Time Stop or Jeffry's Town House?
He took a deep breath, checked his Parma and Scrambler, texted Serge and Nicole 'Immediate crisis is over, though there might be some lingering chaos outside the convention center, see you back at the house later.'

Then he strolled back to Morgan's place, at a leisurely pace, taking in the sights on the way.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:57 pm

[Horizon Chantry]

Colin nodded, "One can see the dark humour in it without gloating... and if I meet any of his family, I'll offer my condolences, of course."

Olav just nodded at that.

Then he strolled back to Morgan's place, at a leisurely pace, taking in the sights on the way.

Things was mostly quiet though there was a few who was hurrying towards Time Stop to see what was going on. You got back to the town house and you saw Jeffry was just heading in the front door, noticing you the older mage stopped though.
"Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"So what was this about a note you had left me?"

He took a deep breath, checked his Parma and Scrambler, texted Serge and Nicole 'Immediate crisis is over, though there might be some lingering chaos outside the convention center, see you back at the house later.'

Nicole and Serge your phone dings and you both get the above message from Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:55 pm

Anja's Post:

'Okay.' she replied, then ending the call. While that answer didn't really make much sense to her, also suspected it was as good as she was going to get.

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Someone's fucking about with time travel... or time and space travel.' Nicole replied, hammering out 'what was it and is there any risk now' and sending it to Colin.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:03 pm

[Concordia]
Nicole wrote:'Someone's fucking about with time travel... or time and space travel.' Nicole replied, hammering out 'what was it and is there any risk now' and sending it to Colin.
Colin arched an eyebrow, giving a somehow satisfied nod, and replied, 'Two vampire assassins, one for Serge and one for the Seat of Time. Both dead and thwarted. One of the protestors outside decided to shoot a dragon, though, so there's one fatality, possibly some minor burns going on outside. Don't shoot at dragons, bad for life expectancy.'

Anja wrote:Things was mostly quiet though there was a few who was hurrying towards Time Stop to see what was going on. You got back to the town house and you saw Jeffry was just heading in the front door, noticing you the older mage stopped though.
"Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"So what was this about a note you had left me?"
He chuckled wryly, "I did not leave the note for you, I just warned you its contents are unsettling. Old Man Wrinkle came by with a letter for me, timing the delivery so Miss Alexander couldn't get to the door before he was gone again... The letter contains a warning, and enclosed were some items informing me of events to come, with consequences in the present. I will put an end to Wallace Jace, but if I can't do it within 20 years, it will cost me... but I will win."
He sighed softly, "I know what my Fate will be, with a capital F, but the timing of it is still negotiable. December of 2035 is merely the earliest point it can happen, but at some point, well... no point in dwelling on the inevitable."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:27 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja wrote:"You can probably have the glasses enchanted to see spirits."
The man with the child on his arm said.
"Or you can use them as foci to see the spirits. Generally they will not show you such things just on their own but they can be used as conduits for the magic, or Science or whatever your Paradigm want to call it.

"Well I can't see spirits regularly so foci is out. But it's not just spirits. AR glasses just have a bunch of cool little features you can do. Just having an overlay over reality that you can customize is awesome. Not to mention being able to google search anything you can look at."

Colin wrote:He took a deep breath, checked his Parma and Scrambler, texted Serge and Nicole 'Immediate crisis is over, though there might be some lingering chaos outside the convention center, see you back at the house later.'
Anja wrote:Nicole and Serge your phone dings and you both get the above message from Colin.

Serge saw the message and responded, "Oh so there was an incident. Hope everything is ok!", blissfully unaware that he was the target of the incident.

Afterwards he looked around for a Security Officer to tell them officially that the crisis was resolved.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:26 am

'Okay.' she replied, then ending the call. While that answer didn't really make much sense to her, also suspected it was as good as she was going to get.

I mean Colin was going to Colin.

"Well I can't see spirits regularly so foci is out. But it's not just spirits. AR glasses just have a bunch of cool little features you can do. Just having an overlay over reality that you can customize is awesome. Not to mention being able to google search anything you can look at."

"Yeah I can see how it could have many applications."
The man with the toddler on his arm said.
"But I mean a hurdle for many in magick is visualization, not that you can not do it without it but it is a part of allot of Paradigms, VR tech could help people get past that, do you have a problem visualizing a golden glow around your spell candle, VR can do it for you."
He added and several nodded in agreement.

Serge saw the message and responded, "Oh so there was an incident. Hope everything is ok!", blissfully unaware that he was the target of the incident.

Afterwards he looked around for a Security Officer to tell them officially that the crisis was resolved.

Well the security officers seamed more relaxed now but they still keep watch over the cafeteria but they had not opened the doors yet. Finally the woman who had led you in here raised her arms.
"Ok folks there are news, there was a disturbance outside, we do not know the details, apparently one of the protesters outside attacked one of the dragons and the dragon took offense, we believe the crisis is over but just give us a minute or two extra just to make sure, but you can relax it looks like the dragons have calmed down and things are resolving themselves."

[Concordia]

He chuckled wryly, "I did not leave the note for you, I just warned you its contents are unsettling. Old Man Wrinkle came by with a letter for me, timing the delivery so Miss Alexander couldn't get to the door before he was gone again... The letter contains a warning, and enclosed were some items informing me of events to come, with consequences in the present. I will put an end to Wallace Jace, but if I can't do it within 20 years, it will cost me... but I will win."
He sighed softly, "I know what my Fate will be, with a capital F, but the timing of it is still negotiable. December of 2035 is merely the earliest point it can happen, but at some point, well... no point in dwelling on the inevitable."

"I see and that fate..."
Jeffry looked at you for a long moment but then decided not to ask further.
"It seams we must get Jace...again, what information do you have that can help us do that, and where we in danger here or Horizon or Steelhaven back home, and is this related to the attack on Horizon you have been talking about Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry asked as he headed inside and greeted the two Verbena and the Cultist.
"Also I heard something about a riot at Time Stop do I have to worry?"
The old mage grumbled as he accepted a cup of coffee from Beatrice with a nod of thanks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next