Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:34 pm

--- Afternoon ---
Colin nodded, "One day, I might be able to address you by your real name, but not today. So for now, Coawa it is. As for using Beatrice as, if you'll pardon the expression, shark bait, I'm afraid that is rather out of the question. Interacting with Nephandi is merely one of the things she is explicitly forbidden from doing. The fear that she might be tempted to stray from the narrow path is too great."

--- Night ---
Colin nodded. "My lips are, of course, sealed on this matter. Seeing as Master Sharaya has matters well in hand, I shall attend the, hm, welcome wagon. Master Sharaya, can I assume the cars will arrive in the garage?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:43 pm

(4:30 in the afternoon.)

Coawa nodded then he said.
"It is understandable, I can see how the temptation for he would be great."
He said as he scratched his bald head.
"It is to bad though, at least someone to translate their language would be useful."
The wereshark then looked at Tane, if one mage could one day express his actual name, perhaps his friend would be able to understand it one day, he would like that, to be able to tell him brother his name the way his bother expressed it in the sea.

(10:30 in the evening.)

Jeffry nodded.
"Yes go and tend to the cars and get that enforcer to me as soon as possible, if it is full of Primium it is dangerous, I do not want one of the younger apprentices to find it and also the garage is the least protected place in the Chantry."
Narim nodded as he continued his work.
"Yes, give it two minutes, hopefully they with just neatly get into place in two of the parking lots...if I do this right...do keep a bit out of the way though, I do not want to accidentally merge you with a car if I screw this up."
The young Master of the Art said.
"Just stay at the entrance to the parking lot until I bring in the cars."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:54 pm

--- Afternoon ---
Colin shrugged at the thought of linguistic difficulties. "I doubt she would be able to translate anything like that, in any case - if the Nephandi have a secret language, as the Hermetics do, I'm fairly certain it must be taught, rather than being innate to their origins. I suspect they mostly speak English, at any rate."

--- Night ---
Colin nodded and headed for the door. "Very good. I trust you can already see there aren't anyone down there, so I'll wait at the doorway until the cars arrive. I will, of course, take the necessary precautions with the firearm."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:31 pm

(4:30 in the evening at Beatrice's apartment.)

Coawa nodded but he seamed doubtful.
"Perhaps...perhaps..."
He said then he nods.
"But I agree that we should not put the wyrm tainted girl in more danger."
The wereshark said.

Beatrice said in her bathroom sobbing softly, it was just to much and all at once, perhaps she should just surrender to D'Angelo, at least then it would be over with, the fear at least would be over, but no, she would not give up. Damned it Beatrice get a grip on yourself. The young Verbena thought to herself. You are Amadeus Nassa's apprentice, you should not be growling on the floor, now get out there and do you job. Beatrice try to convince herself, and slowly she stand and wash her face in the sink, she had guests who where there to discuss what to do with the Nephandi problem, she had to keep it together and be the middleman and get the Deamspeaker and his odd guest into contact with her Cabal...and it was not like they where allowed to harm her. Beatrice sigh, she had to try to get back out there. Slowly Beatrice walked to the bathroom door and opened slightly and peaked through then she nervously slipped back into her bedroom again.
"Please forgive my behavior...I...ehm...I being told I should be...ehm...it is not something I deal well with."
The young Verbena said, she looked skittish, as if she was ready to flee again at a moment's notice.

(10:30 in the evening at Narim's apartment.)

Narim nodded as his fingers danced over his keyboard.
"Yes I have made sure there are no one in the garage, but do feel free to make sure no one go down from the Chantry and enter while I am working the program...ehm...rote."
The Virtual Adept said.

Jeffry nodded and said.
"Good bring the gun up to my office, I have a safe there I will meet you there when I am done here and we can store it there for now until we decide what to do with it. I have to check it for tracking devices as well, both mundane and magickal."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:

Rosa nods as she eat more of her food.
"As I am told it yes, and some mages do go off the deep end, there is this room in the basement of the Chantry where they can lock someone up if they get to crazy until they get better, it seams to me all magi go a bit insane now and again, I guess I will to eventually."
The young woman gave a wry smile then she looked puzzled.
"I get that you are a priestess, but are not you a magick user to?"
She asked as she sipped her drink.
"You where asked to dress like?"
Rosa said in an even more puzzled tone then it dawned on her.
"Oh...I get it, yeah that must have been a bit awkward, I hope you charged them extra."

Rosa nods when the conversation went to self defense.
"The problem is how do one get a drop of poison into someone, and generally when they are trying to kill you, then you do not have minutes to wait for them to drop dead, a bullet drop them dead to...very, very quickly."
She gives a big smile and nods.
"Sleeping powders now that I can see how can be useful in self defense."

"Yeah I like this place, my parents took me here all the time when I was a kid, it is a good place to get good food cheaply and healthier food to than you would get at a fast food place."
Rosa agrees to Bianca's comment about the food.
"Ah so you are one of Amadeus' apprentices? That is cool, and hey a past is what it is, whatever one is proud of it or not, it is a past so one should take from it what is useful and leave the rest, though I probably should not be giving advice since the most traumatic that ever happened to me was my grandmother dying of natural causes, I have had a sheltered, privileged life so it is easy for me to say right."
Rosa said then she smiles.
"Well let us finish our lunch so we can get back to Steelhaven and meet up with your old friends then."

Bianca nods back at her. "That sounds pretty awful. I hope this never happen to you. If it does, I can at least put you to sleep until you get better, I guess." she say and shrugs at her question, not really sure herself. "Like I said, I'm not sure if the things I've been taught are actually magic or not. I've seen my mentor do some very impressive things, but they are mostly about combining the right ingredients and praying for nature's blessings. I doubt either him or myself have actually any power of our own. We just ask Earth." she smirks at her and nods. "Oh you bet I did, and yeah, pretty awkward. I hope I don't ever have to go through this again." she says and shivers by the thought.

She thinks a moment about what Rosa said about the poisons and shrugs. "It depends on what specific poison we're talking about. It's not like the poison simply kills them. They usually go through a lot of pain between being poisoned and finally dying. Depending on how tough they are, yeah, won't help much. But we were talking about giving them hell before going down, right?" she grins at her and winks. "The sleeping powder and blinding poison tend to be more immediate though. Just blow or spit it at them and run! It's saved me from a few angry animals in the past." she laughs.

Bianca nods at her. "Well, nature and life are very unforgiving, so I'm just glad I made through everything and am here now. No use moping about this kind of shit, right? It's just... well, embarrassing to remember a few things." she giggles and nods. "Yeah, I miss both of them, but I'm all for meeting new people too, like you!" she says and eats again.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:57 pm

--- Afternoon ---
Colin cast a glance toward Beatrice's return, then gave Coawa a stern, meaningful look.
"Quite right... Please, Beatrice, come back... I believe our new friend was about to apologize for his understandable, but rash behavior?"

--- Night ---
Colin ran - as fast as practicality would allow without causing an accident in the hallways - down to the garage, popping open the door and feeling for the telltale signs of someone tinkering with the reality of space.
((OOC: Correspondence 1, so Colin *should* be able to feel something of that magnitude happen, even if he can't interfere, right?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:18 pm

(1 in the afternoon at a Thai resturant near the airport.)

Bianca nods back at her. "That sounds pretty awful. I hope this never happen to you. If it does, I can at least put you to sleep until you get better, I guess." she say and shrugs at her question, not really sure herself. "Like I said, I'm not sure if the things I've been taught are actually magic or not. I've seen my mentor do some very impressive things, but they are mostly about combining the right ingredients and praying for nature's blessings. I doubt either him or myself have actually any power of our own. We just ask Earth." she smirks at her and nods. "Oh you bet I did, and yeah, pretty awkward. I hope I don't ever have to go through this again." she says and shivers by the thought.

Rosa shrugs as she sipped her soda.
"I think all mages go into Quiet now and again, that is what my mentor call the insanity, though I have heard some of the Hermetics call it Twilight, which is a bit fun considering certain movies."
The young mage grins.
"Now what you are talking about sure sounds like magick to me, I mean there are many mages who ask Spirits for help, I think it is that you use your will to accomplish something that makes it magick, not what methods you use, not everyone can have the Earth listen to them the way you say you can."
Rosa smiles as she eat some  more of her lunch.
"Well as long as you got paid well, and made sure you got everything you could out of the old pig then you got out on top did you not?"
Rosa said and smiles.

She thinks a moment about what Rosa said about the poisons and shrugs. "It depends on what specific poison we're talking about. It's not like the poison simply kills them. They usually go through a lot of pain between being poisoned and finally dying. Depending on how tough they are, yeah, won't help much. But we were talking about giving them hell before going down, right?" she grins at her and winks. "The sleeping powder and blinding poison tend to be more immediate though. Just blow or spit it at them and run! It's saved me from a few angry animals in the past." she laughs.

"Well I care less about giving someone hell and more about surviving so something to get an attacker down quickly is better for me, but off course as a last ditch effort, I would rather get even before I am taken out myself than go quietly."
The Cultist said and smiles softly.

Bianca nods at her. "Well, nature and life are very unforgiving, so I'm just glad I made through everything and am here now. No use moping about this kind of shit, right? It's just... well, embarrassing to remember a few things." she giggles and nods. "Yeah, I miss both of them, but I'm all for meeting new people too, like you!" she says and eats again.

"Who say it is embarrassing? Usually embarrassment and shame is just a way for the system to control us, if something was needed to do to survive, then it might have been unpleasant but there where no shame in it."
Rosa said and she smiles then suddenly she seams alert.
"Do not turn around but behind us there are someone who have been watching us for some time now."
The Cultist said and indeed at a corner table sat a woman, her hair was dirty blond and shoulder length, she had a plain, stern face with blue eyes, a straight nose and thin lips. The woman was watching the two chatting magic users intently, sometimes sipping a cup of tea she had bought, she had come into the restaurant about ten minutes ago and had not ordered anything but that cup of tea yet. The woman was wearing a long, brown trench coat that was open to reveal a blue silk blouse and blue jeans under it.

(4:30 in the afternoon Beatrice's apartment.)

Beatrice took a few nervous steps towards the group gathered around her cluttered living room table. Coawa stood and nodded.
"Yes, I do wish to apologize, I...am still quite young, my kind grow up quickly I have not met someone wyrm tainted yet who have not been evil, and I do not know enough about your kind, I should not have frightened you."
The wereshark said as he slowly extended a large hand towards Beatrice.
"I am Coawa, I am Tane's ally."
He added somewhat clumsily, he was struggling with English as well though he did seam to have a better grasp on the language than his shaman friend for now. Beatrice nervously stepped closer and accepted the man's hand.
"I am Beatrice Alexander bani Verbena filia Amadeus Nassa."
The young Verbena muttered. Coawa decided not to hold the woman's hand long enough to scare her so he let go and scratched his head.
"Now that is quite a long name..."
He muttered and Beatrice gave a hint of a smile.
"My friends call me Bee..."
She muttered and looked down. Coawa grinned.
"Bee it is then, now sit down and we will talk."
Beatrice looked a bit uncertain, she glanced at Colin to see if he thought it was safe.

(!0:30 Chantry Steelhaven parking lot.)

Other than a Hermetic on his was up towards his room with a book in his arms you meet no one in the corridors as you hurry down to the garage. The air down here felt, heavy, it was clear something was happening. The garage was dark and empty, illuminated only by a few lamps in the roof.

(OOC: You can do a roll to see if you feel the effect Narim is doing and what you feel about it, that would be Correspondence 1.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:26 pm

(OOC: Can Bianca roll precognition to tell whether they are in danger?)
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:47 pm

(It is not as concrete as are we in danger but she can roll for a general feel about the situation, the number of successes determines how much information she gets.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:49 pm

--- Afternoon ---
Colin gave Beatrice a small nod and smile, as if to let her try to handle the continuing discussion.

--- Night ---
((OOC: pass; Colin won't risk causing interference with a spell he doesn't fully understand.))
Colin quickly tapped a short message to Morgan: "All clear, awaiting arrival."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Adley picked up the pace as he ran through the Chantry towards his mentor's office and from there, finding the place where the magikal restraints were kept and bringing them back. He didn't stop for anyone, not for stares, curious looks or anything else, no matter what he looked like.

//I'm not sure what time Richard has gotten back in view of what's going on, but it seems safe to say that Adley is too busy to answer his phone at the moment

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm

(10:30 in the evening.)

Adley you make it back to Narim's room, the first thing you see are Amadeus now done with paining bloody symbols on the Technocrat's body, now he stands and his hands flash in elegant gestures, gestures similar to what Beatrice had used earlier, old Hermetic gestures, generally the ones for Creo and Copus, the way he chanted was also similar, there where power behind the intonations of his words.
"Obducam corpus mulieris. Restaurem universa de damno dato. Eam creavi integritas et salus."
The blood and symbols used on the woman's body where Verbena, but the rest of the working was Hermetic, there was no doubt about it.

Narim however paid no heed to the chanting Verbena, he seamed extremely focused, then he hit enter on his keyboard and leaned back, there was a sense of...energy in the air.
"It is done, but there where a complication...my...rote...it was seen...it was seen."
The Virtual Adept muttered, for a moment he seamed fine, then he suddenly grabbed his head and groaned. Attracting Paradox often was not felt, that was one of it's danger, you never knew how far the bowstring had been stretched, though often it felt a bit...disconcerting. Getting allot of it at once however, that could hurt like hell as the energies of the mage's system was thrown out of whack and needed to settle again. Narim leaned back and groaned again.
"Damned it..."
He hissed, he sat like that for several moments as paradox and Quintessence settled then he calmed down again.

Amadeus could not help Narim, there was nothing he could do and beside he could not leave his current working. Jeffry however rushed to the small kitchenette and got a glass of water he gave the Virtual Adept a concerned look.
"Calm Narim...let it settle, that is it...let it settle."
The old Hermetic said in a calming tone of voice, this was not the first time he had seen someone dealing with a sudden rush of Paradox. When the Adept had stopped groaning Jeffry held the glass of water out to him.
"Here, drink Narim..."
The Virtual Adept accepted the glass and swallowed a few gulps of water.
"Thank you..."
He muttered.
"I hate it when that happens."
Jeffry nodded, he sat down next to the Adept, his matter was comforting but it was clear he was watching the younger mage's eyes, trying to determine the mental state of the young Technomancer.
"Yeah...it is not my favorite either...are you backlashing Narim, if you are it is important that you tell me."
The Hermetic said in a firm, calm tone of voice. Narim drank some more water.
"Not now...no I do not think so, but my rote was seen, several kids came into the street by the cannery right when I activated my program, it was to late to abort."
Narim muttered and Jeffry nodded.
"Well you are fine for the moment at least."
He said and Narim nodded he leaned over and supported his head on his hands.
"Yeah...yeah I am fine, but I doubt I will be able to avoid a backlash after this Jeffry, it was just to much dox...at at once...can you see how much is stored up inside of me? I know you are registered as a Master of Spirit."
Jeffry Morgan sigh.
"Yeah well, Avatars are no my specialty, I can see the general health of one, but anything so detailed as Paradox stores, no it is just not something I am confident doing, but I have a associate coming to help me with...Adley's little problem, I am sure she will have a look at how much Paradox is in you as well, when she is here, if you hold out until then."
Narim nodded he was getting a hold of himself.
"Yeah...I am fine, thank you Jeffry, but just to be sure...at night when no one is here to watch me who can report if I go into Quiet..."
The Adept said and Jeffry nodded and indicated at Adley should step forward and give him the handcuffs.
"Then we use these, they will not harm you Narim, you might feel a bit boxed in, but it will not hurt to wear them, it will fell just like wearing any normal set of handcuffs, just just will not be able to use magick, and I will have someone check on you now and again though the night, unless you object, just in case you become ill or have some other form of backlash."
Jeffry Morgan was all business now, he did not like Technomancers, but Narim was a member of his chantry and he would make sure the man was well cared for.

Colin as you stand and watch, suddenly the two cars are there in the parking lot, there is a odd sound and air rush towards you as air where the cars now stood was displaced. The cars stood neatly side by side as if they had been perfectly parked and lined up. There is a bit of energy, like crackling electricity in the air and then the garage is again still.

(OOC: I assume that Richard come back from the hospital at about 10:30 as well so his call do come in about when Adley where on his way to fetch the restraints.)

(4:30 in the afternoon)

Beatrice hesitated before she sat down on one of her chairs, nearly sitting on a volume on Greek Goddess worship, she picked up the book and put it in her lap.
"Ehm...well, as for the reason why I asked Mr Karyak to come here this afternoon is that Master Morgan had asked him to assist our Cabal with finding a Nephandus...and he wanted me to introduce him to the Cabal...which have become somewhat awkward."
The young Verbena looked down.
"I ehm...Colin should we tell Mr Karyak and Mr Coawa here what happened at the Node yesterday, I mean that is important when it comes to finding the person we are looking for right. Now I can have nothing to do with this Nephandus, what so ever, but I can assist in hunting her down."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Bianca laughs softly. "You mean that movie with sparkling vampires? Oh man, maybe they start seeing fairy-like vampires and go crazy from it? I've never gone through anything like that, no. At least not voluntarily." she shrugs and smirks.

At Rosa's words about magic, she nods after thinking for a bit. "Yeah, I guess so. It's just that I've never been taught like that. It is more like 'serve the goddess and she will let you do stuff'. So far it has worked pretty well. She doesn't speak to me directly, sometimes I get visions, sometimes the plants talk to me... it must sound pretty weird to you, no?" she laughs again. "Well, not me exactly, no. But someone sure benefited from it, if you know what I mean." she says and rolls her eyes.

She nods at her. "Agreed. Staying alive is usually better than taking someone down with us. I'm just saying it is a possibility, if it comes to that. I hope neither of us actually has to kill someone though. Self defense is one hell of a good reason to kill someone but I'll always prefer non-lethal ways." she says and nods in agreement to the other girl's next words. "I hear you. I the wilderness I cared very little about the stuff I had to do to get by but as soon as I entered the city again I kind of became self conscious all over again... it's weird because..." she pauses immediately as Rosa warns her they are being watched, and discreetly picks a small mirror from her purse to see the woman without turning, and lets her 'gift' work out to guess what the hell is going on there.

(http://orokos.com/roll/308277 <--- the roll, 4 successes with Willpower)
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Bianca laughs softly. "You mean that movie with sparkling vampires? Oh man, maybe they start seeing fairy-like vampires and go crazy from it? I've never gone through anything like that, no. At least not voluntarily." she shrugs and smirks.

Rosa give a hearty laugh.
"Now that would be something to go insane over."
The young Cultist said then she said.
"I have never been in a Quiet either, and I think I will try to avoid it as long as possible."

At Rosa's words about magic, she nods after thinking for a bit. "Yeah, I guess so. It's just that I've never been taught like that. It is more like 'serve the goddess and she will let you do stuff'. So far it has worked pretty well. She doesn't speak to me directly, sometimes I get visions, sometimes the plants talk to me... it must sound pretty weird to you, no?" she laughs again. "Well, not me exactly, no. But someone sure benefited from it, if you know what I mean." she says and rolls her eyes.

"Ok let me see, at the Chantry we have two blood witches, that would be your friends, we have a real life, I kid you not Alchemist, a man they say are a few hundred years old running security, oh and yes Ryan my mentor, he can stop time, at least for himself so no, talking to plants really do not sound all that weird...or rather yes, all of it sound weird to me...I am still pretty amazed to wake up in the morning and realize that I am a mage, but it is no more weird than anything else I have heard lately.

She nods at her. "Agreed. Staying alive is usually better than taking someone down with us. I'm just saying it is a possibility, if it comes to that. I hope neither of us actually has to kill someone though. Self defense is one hell of a good reason to kill someone but I'll always prefer non-lethal ways." she says and nods in agreement to the other girl's next words. "I hear you. I the wilderness I cared very little about the stuff I had to do to get by but as soon as I entered the city again I kind of became self conscious all over again... it's weird because..."

"Yeah, I do not want to ever have to kill someone, but if it is me or them, I will try to stay alive, non lethal means are better though. Now I am sure you will get used to being in a city again soon, and if you need any help or advice I am here for you."
Rosa said and smiles to her new friend.

she pauses immediately as Rosa warns her they are being watched, and discreetly picks a small mirror from her purse to see the woman without turning, and lets her 'gift' work out to guess what the hell is going on there.

The Goddess whisper in your ear, or not really whispers, it is more like impressions, images and ideas. You get a sense of dark intent, you see a row of broken angle figurines and the number 77 and yourself and Rosa weeping. You get a distinct feeling that this woman want you and the young Cultist ill, and that if she get her way both you and Rosa will experience great, personal loss, or loose your lives yourselves. Then you see a handsome man, with intense, mysterious eyes who step into something that can only be described as a gigantic vagina while the woman that sit behind you hold a dagger to Rosa's throat. And with that your vision end, most visions are not completely clear, but at least you know one thing, you and the young mage are in danger.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Bianca listens to everything Rosa says, but her mind is too focused on the vision she just had to address anything else. She has no idea what the man or the number 77 or the giant vagina are supposed to mean, and right now, she couldn't care less. The only thing that matters to her is ensuring hers and her friend's survival. She looks over to Rosa with a serious expression, looking icily calm, just like she was taught to behave when a predator seeks to prey on her.

"Rosa, I think I just had a vision, and of the bad kind. We are in deep shit right now, and need to get the fuck outta here. We have to stay calm though, or all is lost. I'm gonna stand up and go pay the lunches while you go get the car ready, ok?"
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:31 pm

I'm sure your face frightened her more than your words. Tane said playfully to his friend to lighten the mood. He then went to the bathroom and knocked the door.
I'm sorry for my friend's words. He didn't want to be cruel, but he's not a mage he doesn't understand what your avatar means to you. He won't harm you again, ok? We want to help you.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Beatrice sigh as she looks at Tane and nods slightly, she had come out of the bathroom and looked at her two guests.
"I...it is not your friend Mr Karyak, I do not know what he is, but I do not blame him for his reaction. I...you see I found out today that a powerful Enforcer have taken it upon herself to take me down. You said on the phone you do not have much experience with Tradition mages so I do not know how well you know our laws, but I was narrowly spared from...that punishment by a stay of execution, but the wording of that stay is so loose that a Enforcer are able to...manipulate it to have the punishment performed, at least if she do not mind some political fallout. You must forgive me for my outburst...just friend just reminded me that I am living on borrowed time and...a few weeks from now...more likely than not...I am not a mage anymore."
Beatrice said, her voice shaking her face pale.
"So let us focus on getting this Nephandus, firstly because I want to do something with the time I have left and secondly because if i help take her down...perhaps that will show enough powerful mages that I am not with them that my chances of surviving this increases."
The young Verbena said as she glances at Tane.
"Well now at least you know what my legal issue is Mr Karyak..."
Beatrice said bitterly.
"So it is not your friend...he did not hurt me, he just reminded me of those that most likely will."

Rosa looked frightened when Bianca said they where in trouble and she swallowed a lump in her throat but she nodded to what the other woman said.
"O...ok I will go and get the car ready, do I pick you up here then, since you do not know where I have parked?"
Rosa did not like the idea of leaving her new friend alone with the woman that seamed to be at the root of their predicament, but she had little choice, Bianca did seam to have a more experience in getting out of shit than she herself did, her best chance was to cooperate with the other woman's plan.
"Should I call the Chantry and tell them that there is trouble?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Bianca nods at her, her deep blue eyes looking dead serious. "Yeah I think so. Sorry if I'm frightening you, I'm used to being alone in this kind of shit. If you notice a super hot dude with an intense stare watching you outside, just run, ok? It's bad news. Now smile! We were having lots of fun right now, we should keep it that way."

She was about to rise from her seat when Rosa suggested calling the Chantry. She thinks a moment and shakes her head. "I wouldn't. If we can't survive on our own, it's not fair to drag others down with us, is it? But then again, this might be something bigger than us. Let's do like this, if it gets out hand, you call then, otherwise, let's try to do this on our own, ok?"

And with that she finally stands and heads to the counter to pay, praying hard to her goddess that they get out unharmed!
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:47 pm

I'm really sorry, Beatrice. But from now on we'd like to help you stay in the right way. If there's something we could do for you, you should tell us and we'll do anything in our power. Tane said.
But for now, the problem is another. There's a nephandi with a Fomorian, maybe more than one of each. Coawa knows more about fomorian, but we faced it together back in New Zealand. It's MO is corrupting nodes or tumuls and using them to channel dark spirits and let them raise mayhem when they're in this side of the celosy and flee meanwhile.I wrote a full report here, if you wanted to see it.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:31 pm

Beatrice gave a slight smile.
"Thank you Mr Karyak, I do not know what you could do, but I appreciate it anyway."
Beatrice said and gave the Dreamspeaker a warm smile then she said.
"Well I am sure Master Morgan would like that report, and it is probably something we should discuss when we are all together, there are five of us, Colin here who you have met, Adley a Hermetic of House Flambeau, Richard who is a member of the Akashic Brotherhood and is the group healer, and then there is Bruce who is a artificer."
The young mage said as she picked up her cooling cup of tea.
"I have one idea though, the Chantry have taken in a Psychic, she is officially initiated into the Order of Hermes on exceptional grounds, now this woman is a dowser, mages are often hard to find though as there are ways to protect oneself, however perhaps if this fomori you speak about Mr Karyak is in Boston, then this dowser can locate him, he is not likely to have the same protections as a Awakened mage."
Beatrice was still pale and obviously shaken but she was trying to calm down and think about the problem in front of her, now and again she glanced at Colin worriedly, concerned if she was saying to much or to little, she was very glad that the orphan was there."

Rosa nodded as she stood.
"I will be more frightened if something terrible happen to us."
The young woman said.
"I will get the car. Hum...handsome men, run, now that would be something new...well then I will go for the car but be careful, I hate to leave you alone here."
She said, the Newly Awakened woman was not so sure about not calling for help, but at the same time she did not want to worry Ryan if she did not have to, so she simply nodded and headed for the door.

Bianca you go to pay for the meal. The Asian woman that seams to run the place smiles.
"That will be twenty five dollars Miss, I hope you and your friend enjoyed your meal."
The womans said.
"Do you want your recite? Oh and do come again."

As you stand paying for the lunch you notice the blond woman in her brownish gray trench coat rose from her seat and threw some money on the table before she left the restaurant in the same direction that Rosa had gone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:53 pm

Well, i could conduct "Teraphy" for you and your avatar. Avatar's are mere Spirits of the magick, so if you want i could take it out of your head a while and let you rest of it's influence. Give it a voice of it's own too, maybe.
I can guide your spirit into quest of one or another sort, if you wanted. Yours looks like a spiritual problem, and that's my specialty.
Said Tane interested in working with an avatar tainted, but not completely. A grey spirit was strange: spirits often, as they were the basic expresion of this world in the other, represented good or evil in the outmost way. THis one was interesting.

I don't know what's an artificer, nor a dowser, but if this girl can track the monsters down, we should start there. When can we meet the others?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:30 am

Beatrice looked a little skeptical she folded her hands in her lap.
"Is an Avatar a Spirit? Perhaps in some sense but they are not just spirits, I respect your Paradigm, but I do not see my Avatar as the same as a Umbrood, they are something else to, they are a part of our souls yes? Now I have never heard about a Fallen Avatar being cleansed, however I am willing to try just about anything."
The young woman said at the suggestion of taking her Avatar out of her hear for a while Beatrice looked quite terrified.
"I...would not want my Avatar taken out of me, that sounds like something that...could be...I will never want to be without it, I am a mage and while I might not get a say in the matter, I would want to die a mage, I and my Avatar is one, no one is taking it out of my body...soul...wherever it is that it are."
The young Verbena sounded quite terrified.
"Talking with it...yes that is fine I have heard it is possible to communicate with another mage's Avatar, looking at it...I do not like having such a private part of me gawked at but I will consent to it, but touching it no, and pulling it out of me, absolutely not."
Beatrice said, her hands where shaking.
"They Branded me...before they released me, Branded my Avatar...hurt it...burned it...no one will touch it again if I am able to prevent it. I could hear it scream...I..."
Beatrice was obviously getting quite upset and was clearly not hearing the Dreamspeaker's other questions.
"No one will touch it again..."
Beatrice repeated sadly she was shaking as if cold.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:31 am

Bianca smirks at her and winks playfully, trying to reassure her that everything will be fine.

As soon she notices the dangerous woman leaving, she just drops a $50 bill and dashes the crap outta the place, hurrying to catch up with Rosa. She will 'accidentaly' stumble on the woman and push her on the ground if she's too close to her friend.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:08 am

There was little for Adley to do but watch the outcome of the Adept's rote, see if he would accrue enough paradox to harm him in a serious way due to his misdeeds. It was clear to him that there was pain, but he was alive, there seemed to be nothing more at the moment happening. But his uncertainty over how bad the result actually was, that they thought he needed to be restrained, that Twilight was still a possible result, transformed Adley's shame into pain. Not quite like had felt when he had been injured, but almost as palpable, a great sense of sorrow that he had caused this to him. He could not let this stop him; he had already been weak. He -was- weak, it was clear his mind was weak. His thoughts, emotions and deeds were not appropriate or beneficial. He could not let it stop him, the tumbling that started yesterday would level everything out and he would start again. He stepped forward when requested, carrying the restraints to the Deacon and looked him in the eyes. His own eyes were filled with a deep regret and sorrow; he could only remedy his faults, make amends through better actions. And that had better start in the moment, right now.

Adley held them out to Mr Sharaya, commanding his hands to remain steady. "I would watch you; if you would have it, if my pater agrees to it." He would do it, if he had to rearrange his schedule, he would do that too. He would make it work. Perhaps the Deacon would want someone more trustworthy or reliable to see him through his most vulnerable time and in this Adley would understand as he had shown his unworthiness. But he had little else to assuage the pain he had caused; punishment would not relieve it, an apology grossly insufficient. At least he wanted the man to know he knew at least in part what the costs of his mistakes were and that he meant to make alterations to his behaviour and reparation for his actions.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:24 am

Oh... no, not in that way. I could only give it a voice of it's own so you don't need to hear it inside of you. It is a spirit of some sort, merged together with your own soul.You could even see it and chat with it. Said Tane backing up. This girl was seriously screwed up.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next