Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:12 pm

--- Afternoon ---
Colin gently laid a hand on the big guy's arm.
"Sir, you are causing my friend some amount of distress. Please, let go her wrist."

--- Night ---
Colin watched as the Technocrat passed out.
"Bugger. Right you are, Adley."
Fishing out his phone again, he continued,
"Mister Sharaya, I apologize for the imminent punishment to your sensitive parts, but this is an emergency."
Swiftly, he jammed his phone into the Technocrat's hand and, letting go the phone himself, quickly tapped in 9 - 4 - 7.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:29 pm

"This is my apartment Mr Karyak, my chambers at the Chantry I am a member of, i will not be pulled anywhere. I will explain what your friend are probably feeling, but I will defend myself if he try to manhandle me."
Beatrice wondered what Tradition the large man might be from, she noticed however that he tightened her vice like grip on her thin wrist when she spoke about defending herself and she winced. The young Verbena dug her nails against the bandaged wounds at he palm to draw blood in case she needed it and cried out at the pain this caused.
"Let me go!"
Beatrice yelled.

The large man looked at Colin.
"This woman is more corrupted than a fomori, she walks the Black Spiral, why is she here and allowed to live?"
He said and glared at the Orphan, he did not release Beatrice's wrist and begun to drag the young Verbena towards her room. Colin you notice and Beatrice was beginning to draw symbols discretely in her palm with the fresh blood her nails had drawn, the situation where escalating quickly.

The wereshark stopped and actually gasped when he got halfway into Beatrice's apatment and saw the paintings on the wall. All over the living room that could be seen from the door there where paintings, they where made with blood, and showed horrid scenes of destruction, or not really destruction but unmaking.
"What is this woman?"
The large man gasped.
"And why should I not kill her now and rid the world of this filth."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Adley and Colin, you are in the industrial district one moment, then there is a strange feeling, and you are suddenly in Narim Sharaya's room at Steelhaven, both of you and the Technocrat sort of end up in a sort of a heap on the floor, but you are back at the Chantry and you are safe, now the cars are back on the road, left there unlocked and will probably be stolen, but you two are safe, all you where wearing and had on you are with you, everything else is back with the cars.

Now I will assume neither of you are that used to being teleported, and suddenly changing locations like that feels rather, disconcerting. In the room your see Chief Morgan, Narim and someone have obviously gotten Amadeus as well. Jeffry Morgan rush over to you to help you back on your feet. Narim wince a little as he feel Paradox seeping into him but he to come over to the heap of mages to help.
"Calm, take a few deep breaths and get used to your surroundings again."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Teleporting disturbs the equilibrium of the inner ear which will make you nauseous and dizzy unless you are used to it, just breathe trough it."
The Technomancer said in a clam tone of voice as he tried to help Colin to his feet while Jeffry helped Adley up.

Jeffry helped his apprentice up.
"Mea filius are you harmed?"
The old mage said in a concerned tone of voice then he whispered.
"You will have to start carrying your tools with you my son, and also we will have to expand your tool selection by teaching you to work your ars with hand gestures and your voice as well so you are never left without a means to defend yourself. Every Monday and Wednesday come to my apartment at 7:30 in the morning for lessons."
The old mage said low enough not be overheard so that Adley would not be embarrassed at having a weakness pointed out in front of others, the old mage cared about his apprentice's sense of dignity, his tone of voice however left no room for arguments even if Adley technically was his own man in the Traditions and could refuse, Jeffry expected the younger mage to obey his order. The in an ever lower whisper the old war mage muttered.
"I was afraid I had lost you to mea filius."
Then Jeffry straightened, he allowed himself just that one moment of weakness before he got back to taking control of the situation.
"Amadeus see to the prisoner's wounds I want her alive, Adley when you have recovered I want a report on what happened, Narim go to my office and fetch one of the two pairs of enchanted handcuffs I have in my top desk drawer so we can control this woman...Mr Wainwright get that phone out of the prisoner's hand, many of her kind use cell phones as foci, we do not need her to work her magick in here."
Jeffry barked orders to everyone in the room.

(I would like a willpower roll diff 8 to not get sick right there on the sword from how confused and disconcerting it feel to suddenly being in another location, your heads spin and you are having a problem adjusting and finding your balance.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:06 am

There's no time for anything other than being in one place and then another, the swirling feeling making him feel like he'd been swept out to sea by undertoe and is suddenly trying to swim to shore on instinct. He's momentarily dazed and looks incredibly nauseous and pale, ready to vomit onto the floor under the combined effect of stress and being yanked back home before he could get a breath in.

He cannot even hear what his mentor is saying to him at first, the rushing in his ears prevented it but he looked at him as soon as he could focus, feeling himself being pulled upwards. He staggered sideways, not mere embarrassment but sheer shame coursing through him. He knew how close he'd been to dying, how poorly he'd performed and acted and what risk he'd wrought them all and it showed openly on his face as he looked at him.

"Yes pater," he said the louder order barked at them. No time to stop now. It wasn't over. It was never over.

//2,8,3,10,0,4 WP roll

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:30 am

"Ah yes...your hearing must be injured from being in the car when the enforcer went of."
Jeffry said as he watching his apprentice catch his breath and get control of himself after Narim's rote had pulled him back to the Chantry.
"Stand still and I will see what I can do about it, manipulating the body is not my forte, but I should be able to handle such a small injury."
The old mage said before his hands begun to dance in ancient gestures and in a commanding, even tone he spoke in Latin.
"Hic iterum dependendum in sede regni corpus."
The words where uttered as a command to reality, command to the damaged, shocked cells in Adley's ears and slowly as the chant continued the younger mage would hear better, the tinnitus subsided, it was not all gone, but Adley's hearing was restored to the point that he could hear a normal conversation just fine and the tinnitus was not worse than it could be ignored.
"Like I said, not an area of reality I am good at commanding, but, it will do."
The old war mage said as he ended his working.
"Now, anything that have to do with the current situation I need to know right now, please tell me mea filius, anything not critical can wait until the situation is under control."
Jeffry said as he looked at his apprentice, he was not pleased about how Adley had handled the situation and they would have words on that in private, but right now the old war mage was more concerned with getting on top of the situation and he also saw that Adley needed a bit of time to compose himself.

(OOC: Well Adley do manage not to get sick though he is rather dizzy but the feeling pass rather quickly so he do manage to get himself under control fairly fast.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:01 am

--- Afternoon ---
Colin narrowed his eyes. "Her taint, as you call it, is from the actions of another, not her own. She is in a Chantry that has taken her under its protection, and I assure you, the building is warded by the finest of Mages - any attempt at violence will be punished with extreme prejudice. Now, please, shall we start over, and politely this time? Mister Karyak, if you'd be so kind?"

--- Evening ---
((OOC: Bloody Hell, I had forgotten to make note of Permanent Willpower. >.< Pretty sure I left it at the default 5, though. 1, 4, 5, 5, 8. Add in the Poker Face, and Colin's not *visibly* uneasy, I guess - and getting jumbled isn't new for him, after a few helicopter rides, in any case.))
Colin wobbled and looked around for a puzzled instant, and hung up and pocketed his phone again.
"Bugger, I thought it would only send her back here, not all three of us. Sorry, Sirs. Say, we should have a few minutes before something happens to the cars; might I borrow two apprentices and a car for a quick retrieval run? Hopefully, we can get both cars back reasonably intact."
Placing a hand against his stomach, he added, "Someone else had better drive out, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:12 am

"I said it was an emergency measure did I not, so if one where in danger, both of you where."
Narim said as he headed out the door to get the restraints the Chief had asked for.

Jeffry Morgan turn to look at Colin.
"I am not opposed to you taking whoever is available and getting the cars Mr Wainwright, but it depends on the situation you left, if there is a chance that there are more Technocrats or as this woman..."
The Chief nearly spat the word out, he was not fond of the Union and this particular Technocrat had held a gun to his apprentice's head.
"Said there where Nephandi in the area, if there is such a danger around there then loosing two cars is less of an issue than loosing three mages, so gentlemen, what do you assess the situation as, is it safe to send someone back to go and get the cars?"
The old mage asked Colin and Adley.

(OOC:Yes you do manage not not look jumbled and keep control of yourself.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:20 am

The wereshark looked at Colin and hesitated, he did not want to create problems for Tane, and if it was true that this wyrm tainted woman where a part of this...what had he called it? Chantry that meant that he might get a whole gaggle of angry mages to deal with if he hurt the girl, but just standing there and letting such taint live was against everything he believed in, slowly though he released his grip on Beatrice's arm.
"Very well but she will answer Tane's questions or I will take action. That the taint is not of her doing do not matter, it is still a part of her, now what is she?"
The shapeshancer said as he glared and the young Verbena though he addressed Colin.

Beatrice backed away from Tane and his large friend, she looked frightened, tired and angry.
"I will answer your questions, come inside all of you."
The blood witch said and retreated back into her apartment, the spell she had begun weaving still fueled, still held at the ready to be completed at a moment's notice if she should need it, the magick would be violent, bloody and vulgar and Beatrice sincerely hoped she would not have to use it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:25 am

Coawa! I told you stop and listen! A fomorians can corrupt tumuls they can try to taint people. You clean rather to kill them in any case! Tane got in the middle.
Why don't you tell us the full story so Coawa can rest assured.

Tane tried to hear the girl's song, and the room's song. THe images were perturbating at least.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:40 am

Adley pieced himself back together as the urge to topple over faded. He stood still as his mentor fixed his ears, finding it harder than normal to look him in the eye. His surroundings weren't immediately recognizable, but he figured he must be in Virtual Adept's quarters. He looked at the Adept Deacon and then Colin...Colin was fine, good. The Technocrat was going to be healed, hopefully she would not die before she told them anything else. As his hearing restored itself enough, he felt a wave of gratefulness towards everyone in the room with one notable exception who was still lying on the floor. Even so, she had not killed him when she had the chance.

He had to pull himself together; even if they'd been listening he was being asked to report. He forced himself to speak and reply to the question. "She is NWO; she said that there were at least three Nephandi left from whatever amount her group had first encountered." At least he thought she'd said three, his hearing had still been poor at the time. He looked over at Colin. "The Nephandi wiped the rest of her team out. As she was so seriously damaged when I found her, I don't think that the original incident could have happened very far from the cannery but I did not see anyone following her nor were we engaged by anyone else that I know about while we were on scene. She did not have a phone on her that I found. I have collected what she had on her."

He held out the contents of her pocket: two sets of keys, wallet, lipstick and mirror and the keycard, which he had not gotten a chance to do anything about before being 'ported.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:43 am

--- Afternoon ---
Colin nodded to Tane and Coawa. "Much obliged. Now, if we all step inside and take a seat, and keep a certain civility, that would be the best for all involved parties. After you, gentlemen."

--- Night ---
Colin pondered for a bit.
"It is an industrial area, rather than residential; I neither heard nor saw any... human activity aside from our two cars, Adley and the lady. I would be more worried about the other, potentially greater complication; the firearm left behind on the car floor could lead to some significant and unpleasant scrutiny, should the Technocracy get there first. I, personally, would be willing to risk it - but I'd rather not risk anyone who was unaware of the potential consequences. Ideally, though it would likely prove a greater inconvenience for Master Sharaya, the cars and their contents would be brought back to the garage in the same manner that the three of us were brought here, but I cannot ask him to make that, hm, sacrifice."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:35 am

"Yes, the Enforcer is still on the floor of my car," he confirmed with dawning realisation. This kept getting worse. So many mistakes, it was unforgivable. He should have just picked it up. It didn't matter if he didn't know he was going to get pulled from the scene. "She did not get to call in for backup but the police or the city will find the car in time." All of this was his fault, due to his carelessness. He had never felt so appalled with himself in his entire life; he couldn't ask Colin or the Deacon to cover him for a second time in one evening. If anyone should go it, should be him. It was his fault, his car, his mistake and it should be his penalty.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:51 am

Chief Morgan groaned.
"That car is registered to you is it not Adley? To the name you use in your mundane life..."
The implication hang in the air, if the cars was found by sleeper police that was one thing, some believable lie could be made, it was a problem but could be handled, if however the car was fun by the Union or worse the Nephandi, that could lead them straight to Adley.
"Yes we do need to recover the cars and fast."
The old Hermetic said then he sigh.
"The problem with asking Mr Sharaya to do that is the Paradox it will cause him, he have already worked an Adeptus level rote to get you out of there, removing two cars now that...will attract the consensus' ire even more."
Jeffry Morgan said, Amadeus looked up from where he was drawing symbols in his own blood on the Technocrat's body.
"I can pull some of that Paradox out of him, so can you I assume Morgan, you are no spring chicken and we both live on Earth."
Jeffry Morgan nodded and sigh.
"Yes but I have never tried to do it for another, have you Amadeus? And even so the working is complex in the extreme, I would not like to risk Narim's well being on that I am successful."
The old Flambeau said with a sigh.
"We can not ask him to do such a thing."

The door opened and Narim came back, either he had ran the whole way to the Security Chief's office or he had twisted space to get there sooner, that he had his smart phone in his hand indicated the latter, though doing so in the Chantry where safer than doing it in the outside world, areas where many mages gathered and there where no sleepers tended to be a bit more forgiving, at least if the effect was done in a somewhat subtle way. The Virtual Adept tossed the handcuffs over to Jeffry Morgan who wasted no time to kneel down beside the working Verbena and wounded Technocrat to restrain the prisoner's hands behind her back, it was a good thing that Vera was unconscious for having her arms yanked back in which a way would have hurt her allot otherwise. Amadeus looked at the cuffs and a dark look got into his eyes, those where probably the same kind of restraints that had been used on Beatrice.

"I heard my name mentioned and then we can not ask him to do such a thing."
Narim said as he looked around his now rather crowded room at the gathered mages there. Jeffry sigh as he slowly stood up again, looking disgusted at the Technocrat blood that had gotten on his hands.
"The cars Narim, there is an enforcer in one of them and it is registered to Adley so we need to get them out of that industrial area and quickly, however this...this woman have indicated that a group of Nephandi powerful enough to take out a Technocracy strike force are in the area, so I am hesitant to send any of our mages into that situation before I know more."

Narim sigh he grabs one of his laptops and sit down in his sofa, his room are rather ordered, his furniture is modern and comfortable, the room is dominated by a large desk full of computer equipment though, and a large flat screen TV on one wall. Here and there where posters of Bollywood and science fiction movies on the walls, as well as pictures of a happy looking Indian family, there where also one large shelf filled with DVDs and blu rays, the Adept Deacon obviously enjoyed his movies.
"I will get the cars."
The young Master of the Art said.
"There are probably blood and other things we do not want questions about all over at least Mr Roth Hicks car and we do not want the one registered to Mr Steelhaven or well his sleeper alias to be found either, that might lead someone back to us, however this is an effect powerful enough that if I screw this up, I...might end up in a Quiet."
The Virtual Adept said in the serious tone of voice.
"Someone better get the other pair of enchanted handcuffs, just in case. Now do not look so glum, most likely it will be fine, I am generally careful and I can take a bit of Paradox, but just in case you do not want a crazed Master of the Art on the loose. The program...rote...whatever you want to call it will take me five minutes to set up, get them by then."
The Technomancer said as he begun to work. Jeffry sigh as he begin to protest.
"Narim we will have to send people in to investigate that area sooner or later anyway, you do not need to do this."
The Virtual Adept continued to press keys on his computer.
"Yes I do, when we start our investigation the team you send should be focused on their own safety not getting these cars back, we need to get them out of the way before they are found and used to lead anyone back to us, now I know you look at me like a child Jeffry, and hell I probably am, I mean I am not that much older than your apprentice no matter what magick I know, however I am a Deacon of this Chantry and when the Chantry is facing danger I will do my part."
The young Master of the Art said and the Security Chief patted his shoulder.
"Yes Narim, to me you are a child, but I see why George choose you as his successor."
The old Hermetic said then he turned to Adley and looked at him with a stern gaze.
"You know where I keep those restraints mea filius, go and get the remaining pair...just in case Mr Sharaya attract more Paradox than he can handle."
The old Flambeau did not beat his apprentice like Amadeus did with Beatrice, he never had, but that did not meat he did not punish the younger mage, he however thought punishments should teach lessons and not just be painful, and having Adley fetch restraints possibly needed to control a Chantry member in who risked Quiet, a risk that would not have been needed if the situation with the Technocrat had been handed better was a educational punishment.
"Go before he is ready to cast his rote."
Chief Morgan ordered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:01 am

Richard returns from his shift

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:16 am

(This scene happens at 4:30 in the afternoon.)

Coawa looked at Tane he nodded and made no more aggressive moves but he whispered in their native language.
"She is not corrupted by a Fomori, she is dancing the Black Spiral fully, the female is dangerous, and if she have powers like you, if she to can change the songs of the world at a whim then she is far worse then any formori."
The wereshark said as he hesitantly entered Beatrice's chambers.

Beatrice backed into her room and sat down in a chair, she sigh, she was not looking forward to explaining this whole thing one more time, and especially not to strangers, she waited for Colin and her two guests to enter before she poured them all tea with slightly shaking hands, the patterns of her rote still held, just in case, though keeping it there, nearly finished was beginning to tire her out, she needed to let go of it or cast it soon.
"I am a widderslainte."
The young Verbena said, not feeling like beating around the bush right now as she handed Colin a cup of tea then very nervously handed one each to Tane and his friend, her wrist still stung a little where the big man had grabbed her, when her two guests did not seam to immediately recognize the term she sigh and looks down into her own cup.
"I am a reincarnation of a Nephandus, at some point a member of the Nephandi who had stepped though the coals and become Fallen died, and his or her Avatar now resides in me...the art on my walls are it's expressions, I allow it to make these images, I do not allow it to control my mind, not for now at least."
The young Verbena said then she added.
"As for taking me to Jeffry Morgan, well he already knows...you see the Traditions tend to take people like me and Gilgul them...but my mentor talked the Council of Nine into sparing me..."
Coawa looked like one big question mark.
"So you mages allow things like you to roam free? And what is this Gilgul?"
Beatrice winced at the word but she also raised an eyebrow at the wereshark, you mages, did that mean her guest where not a mage himself?"
"No like I said most are hunted down, I was lucky very few are spared and Gilgul are a ritual that destroy...our Avatars, the spirit or what you would call it that live inside of us that give us access to our magick and leas us towards enlightenment, the spiritual part of us that are corrupted in the Nephandi and the part that are reborn again and again."
Coawa shrugged.
"Sounds like a good idea then, will this...Gilgul kill you? I think it should be done either way to get rid of the corruption, but it sounds like it only kill the corrupted, loosing your powers should be a small price to pay for that."

Beatrice rose to her feet, she was shaking now she did not like this conversation, it scared her.
"Excuse me please...I just can not...I have to go to the ladies room."
The young Verbena said before she fled into her bathroom and closed the door, then she sank down on the floor and finally she started weeping softly, everyone wanted her Avatar dead, everyone.

Coawa looked rather confused he whisper to Tane.
"What did I say wrong, I am used to the wyrm tainted attacking me, not looking horrified and locking themselves in the loo."
Tane, you however can understand the Verbena's reaction, you have never heard of such a ritual, but if it is true that an Avatar can be destroyed, you feel the spirit inside of you shift nervously at the thought, and you realize that such a loss would be far worse than simply the loss of a mage's powers, Coawa could not understand, to him his powers where just practical weapons and tools, to a mage however, to end their path like that, it was not an easy thing to talk about.

You do hear Beatrice's song, you hear the wrong notes, the painfully beautiful tunes that longed for the dark oblivion at the end of the Black Spirial, but there where notes of light in there to, not many but they where there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:20 am

Richard as you return to the Chantry a quarter to eleven in the evening you notice that you have one missed call from Adley on your phone. The Chantry is pretty quiet now, you see Ryan and the Euthanatos Adjan sit in the common room and playing chess, and Antonio Raiz an Adeptus Hermetic walks past you on his way to the library, other than that everyone seam to be in their rooms and the place is quiet, uncomfortably quiet it is a quiet before the storm, and you can not shake the feeling that something bad will happen and soon.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 am

"Please, let me go get my car." It was his mistake, this was...everything had spiraled out of any semblance of control. He was barely controlling himself, how badly this was affecting him, the magnitude of his mistakes were exponential. The Deacon came back with the handcuffs and soon enough the woman was immobilized.

Yes Narim, to me you are a child, but I see why George choose you as his successor." The old Hermetic said then he turned to Adley and looked at him with a stern gaze."You know where I keep those restraints mea filius, go and get the remaining pair...just in case Mr Sharaya attract more Paradox than he can handle."

This was the worst thing he had ever done. He looked at the Virtual Adept as he said he was going to get the cars, the price that could be paid for it and felt as if he was drowning in a deep, formless sea while at the same time his mouth was filled with sand. He wished that punishment was a simple as being beaten, but it was far worse. He would have gladly have had a thousand lashes every day for the rest of his life than this. He nodded once to his pater and left the room at a near-run, hurrying to retrieve the cuffs and bring them back. For the want of a horseshoe nail...

Adley did not pray to gods the way the Choristers did. That was a fundamental difference between them. But as he headed towards the office, fighting off a wave of panic, he reached down within him and held on to what he had left of his strength. He could not change what he had already wrought. He could not supplicate, beg or apologize, ask for help, turn back time. As much as he wanted to say, Please don't make others suffer for my mistakes, there was no-one to blame but himself. For all the times he had sought out a better path he had missed the first step in front of him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:49 am

Yes, Coawa, it was terrible. Getting Gilguled to us means as much as you getting disconected from the waves. Imagine that, to stop your conversion into a fomorian, you had to severe your conection to Gaia. That's what a GIlgul meant. I can now see how she's in pain. Tane looked down and closed his eyes.
If he did what he wanted, he would have gone, kick the door and hugged her. But he needed to build some trust with the girl, and now, she was like a beaten dog: affraid, always trying to get away from others.

Listen inside her song. She sings a letany of pain, but she sings with light and the Black Spiral swallows her voice into the void... Into nothing. Rather than kill her, we need to guide her, help her.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Richard as you return to the Chantry a quarter to eleven in the evening you notice that you have one missed call from Adley on your phone. The Chantry is pretty quiet now, you see Ryan and the Euthanatos Adjan sit in the common room and playing chess, and Antonio Raiz an Adeptus Hermetic walks past you on his way to the library, other than that everyone seam to be in their rooms and the place is quiet, uncomfortably quiet it is a quiet before the storm, and you can not shake the feeling that something bad will happen and soon.

Richard calls Adley.... not realizing the time as just got off work

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:43 am

Adley you get to your mentor's office, you have seen where he put the restraints, they where generally used only when a Chantry member where in a dangerous Quiet...or one of the more powerful members where in danger of entering one, a insane mage was a terrible thing, and a Master in Quiet could do untold damage. Finding the restraints are easy enough, your mentor keep his drawers fairly organized and there among some papers, one of his guns, kept there for easy access, and some of the keys that did not need to be locked in his safe where the plain mental things. The handcuffs themselves looked about like any other, they where well made and felt cold and heavy as steel should, on the metal surface though where symbols that where etched in. Beatrice had feared such restraints and for good reason, for a mage to be kept from their magick, that was terrifying. As you stand there with the restraints in your hand your phone rings, a somewhat jarring sound in the now fairly quiet Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:49 am

Coawa's eyes widened a slightly, he had never imagined that mages had that kind of connection with their magick, to be separated from Gaia, the mere thought of it made his stomach churn. Now that these beings did that to one another was somewhat upsetting, he would have to ask Tane about that, but he also realized his mistake, he might be bash and angry at times but he was not cruel.
"I should not have spoken such to the girl, I have scared her."
The wereshark said regretfully and lowered his eyes slightly.
"If there is still hope for her, yes then she should be guided away from the Black Spiral. I will help if I can my friend, though I do not understand her nature, I do not really understand what your kind is, or how you can do what you do, I will help if I can."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:56 am

--- Afternoon ---
Colin nodded sagely at Tane's explanation. "That is what we are trying to do here - help her mend the twisted Avatar she inherited, rather than see her, well, someone once referred to it as being magically gelded against one's will. It can be survived, but what life is left after most of one's soul is violently flensed? The poor child is frightened; by what is inside her, and what impatient Mages might do to her. The only reason she's unharmed is a stay of execution contingent on her treading a finer line than any might hope possible for an extended period of time."
Sipping at his tea, he arched an eyebrow at the larger man.
"And Mister Coawa, pardon my bluntness, but you say 'you mages', and refer to a 'black spiral'... I believe it is safe to presume you are not a mage like me and Mister Karyak here. Might I inquire as to your nature?"

--- Evening ---
Colin watched Adley's guilty-looking figure slinking off to Morgan's office, and steeled himself.
"Master Sharaya? I am not particularly skilled with computers in general, but I am quite well acquainted with navigational and targeting systems from my service days. Might I offer some minor assistance in... sharing the burden of bringing in the vehicles?"
He looked to Chief Morgan, unflinching, "Your apprentice handled himself well, considering this was, I believe, his first time under actual fire like that. And bringing us back like this, leaving the cars behind - that was my misinterpretation of Master Sharaya's instructions, not his."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:34 am

4:30 Beatrice's apartment.)

Coawa looked at Colin, his eyes studied the mage as he spoke, he was beginning to understand why the wyrm tainted girl was so terrified. The wereshark nodded when Colin asked him what he was.
"You are correct, I am not a mage."
He said then he hesitated, his mother always told him it was dangerous to reveal what he was, many might turn on him if they knew he was not human, and their cousins, the Garou had once hunted his kind, still if he was going to work with these people he might as well put the cards on the table.
"I am a Rokea, a wereshark, I was born to a Rokea mother and the gifts of Geia allow me to take a form you recognize as human, though my home is in the sea, with the rest of my kind."
The wereshark said then he added quickly.
"Though I mean you and your kind no harm."

(10:30 Narim's room.)

Narim looked up at Colin as his fingers danced over the keyboard.
"It is true working in concert with another mage will allow us to share both the Quintessence used and the...payment that have to be made Mr Wainwright, however I do not wish to harm, that concern aside though are your Paradigm able to function with mine, and do you have the knowledge and understanding of what the Hermetics call Correspondence to be of any aid? If yes then I will welcome the help, but if not then you joining me for the rote, kind as your offer may be, will be more of an hindrance than a gain."
The Virtual Adept said, he was not trying to be rude, he was simply stating facts, he was a practical man, and working in concert with a mage who did not share his Paradigm would only make things more difficult.

Jeffry Morgan regarded the younger mage as he spoke.
"No this was not Adley's first time under fire Mr Wainwright. Apprentices of House Flambeau face a Gauntlet where they have to successfully make a attack on a Technocracy Construct, apprentices from all over the Tellurian are banded together and sent out for their Gauntlet, Adley returned alive not all do. I expect much of my apprentice Mr Wainwright, and I did hear and see much of what have happened and I am not pleased, he will learn however. I do appreciate your courage though in standing up and admitting your own faults in the whole thing, and had you been my apprentice I would have had a few choice words for you as well. Adley however will learn from this and he will grow, and he will not make the same mistakes again. Now you have to remember Mr Wainwright, I entrust the safety of your Cabal to Adley, now Mr Lee with this inventions, yourself with your training and even little Miss Alexander with her blood magick, can fight, but Adley is Flambeau. it is his duty to give his life if need be to protect others, it is his duty to be an warrior in the Ascension War, and to do that I can not tolerate mistakes, you do not have to worry though, I am not Amadeus, I will not lay a finger on him, I will teach him how to not make the same mistakes again, but yes the responsibility is yours as well, and if something happen to Mir Sharaya, you will both have to carry the blame."
The old mage said sternly, he was a hard man, kind yes, caring yes, but hard, and he did not suffer mistakes easily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:00 am

--- Afternoon ---
Colin smoothly rose, extending a hand towards Coawa.
"I am Colin Wainwright, former military pilot, presently mage and silversmith. It seems we have a peaceful understanding."

--- Night ---
Colin shook his head. "Alas, no, Master Sharaya, I fear my understanding of magic lies closer to the Hermetics than to any form of technomancy. And my understanding of spatial manipulation is, I fear, only to the point where I can perceive tampering, rather than where I can do some tampering of my own."
Turning to Morgan, he continued, "And yes, Sir, Adley will learn... He's got the makings of a fine officer, that much I can tell; integrity and concern for his people. Genuine concern, that is, and not merely as an expression of manpower. He ought not be hamstrung by suffering the blame for others acting on their own initiative."
Smiling thinly, he added, "I can see why you are proud of him."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:19 pm

(4:30 in the afternoon, Beatrice's apartment.)

Coawa hesitated then he took Colin's hand and shook it.
"I have no other name than Coawa, and even that is not my real name, however your lips could not pronounce my real name, it is expressed with water vibrations and smells, mostly smells, Coawa is what Tane calls me."
The wershark said then he nodded. You are however pretty sure that with your understanding of the Sphere of Forces and Matter you would be able to understand the wereshark's name, you would probably not be able to repeat it, but you would be able to read the water vibrations and understand.
"Yes we have a peaceful understanding mage, that we do."
Coawa then seamed to consider for a moment.
"Perhaps the wyrm tainted girl could help us in catch these Nephandi and the formori, would they not be attracted to her as one of their own? And perhaps she would understand their language, and help us hunt them down, perhaps going after other wyrm tainted will help her."
The wershark suggested.

(10:30 in the evening Narim's apartment.)

Narim nodded as he continued to program his rote.
"Yes well then I am afraid that while your offer is kind, you will not be much help Colin."
The Virtual Adept said, he had never been very formal in the way he expressed himself.

Jeffry gave a slight smile.
"I can not tolerate weakness Mr Wainwright in my apprentice or in myself, he will learn this painful lesson and he will move on, I fear though that I am as much to blame as him, though my guesses as to his motivations are not for me to share, but yes he is a fine mage, and while I will not tell him that, Adley is probably my favorite among my seven apprentices, one day I will leave my sigil to him. In either case I will explain to you why I discipline him, you acted rashly Mr Wainwright and if you where my apprentice you would get your lessons to, but I listened to what happened in that car and my apprentice hesitated, he did not go for the Technocrat's gun when he had the chance, instead he let several chances go by, and he also did not secure her weapon as soon as he had a chance, most importantly he left home, knowing we are in a war, without the tools to defend himself, now he will observe the consequences of that and will also have to spend time in lessons learning how to do magick without physical tools. I will say no more about this as I will not wish to humiliate him and he is a private man, and I will appreciate if you keep this conversation private Mr Wainwright, I have told you merely so you will understand why I am not pleased him Adley's actions, you may think I am unfair, but I want you to understand that I do not discipline him with no reason, I expect loyalty from my subordinates but I am not above explaining my actions, or the reasons behind them."
The old war mage said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next