Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Adley put out a hand to stop him, scrawling out another note. She deserved better. Thank you for caring for Tobias. Mr Lenoe will need to be fed, as well. And there is a car of Nephandi heading to Boston from San Francisco on its way. Has Cheif Morgan returned from Horizon? And I need a set of court documents copied before I return them asap.

With a start he remembered Freddie's message and pulled his phone out to hear it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:46 pm

Adley put out a hand to stop him, scrawling out another note. She deserved better. Thank you for caring for Tobias.

"Yes...she did...but now at least she have a chance at a future."
Narim said then he nodded.
"There is not need to thank me I can do my job even when I keep the boy company."

Mr Lenoe will need to be fed, as well.

"I will take care of that, he can have what he need from me today, and as for tomorrow...well we will figure something out."

And there is a car of Nephandi heading to Boston from San Francisco on its way.

"I have a program running scanning for it as we speak.

Has Cheif Morgan returned from Horizon?

"He just arrived back together with Ingmar Rush and Hildegaard Gottschalk, they arrived at a ship that arrived at Logan's this morning."

And I need a set of court documents copied before I return them asap.

"That I can help you with I have a copier in my office, if I am not there but are up in Tobias' room feel free to use it."

Narim said and pointed to each statement on your note as he replied.

With a start he remembered Freddie's message and pulled his phone out to hear it.

You hear a recorded conversation between Colin and a young woman, the woman claiming to be Lisa Larson's daughter, some of it is not that relevant, they discuss whatever or not Ojan, the Nephandus that died in the by the villa Node was her father. Hannah, the young woman say that Lisa had become pregnant for the specific purpose of having a child to sacrifice, however when she delivered twins, she kept the girl Hannah after killing the boy. Now that is disturbing enough but more relevant is two other bits of information. Hannah is meant to enter the Caul on Sunday as part of a ritual to welcome the labyrinth's new Gilledian, who are set to arrive at that time. The girl is not willing to betray her mother but nor do she like the idea. And that is about where the recording ends.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:56 pm

As Narim took each point and returned a reply he started to feel as if there was still control over things. He nodded with each one until Narim offered his blood, when he shook his head and wrote, In Lenoe's state it might make him worse. Regular human blood. Then he told him how much longer the vampire could wait if he absolutely had to.

//I forgot Adley's electronics got fried when he got ported by Cita - so he'll reach into his pocket and find nothing, and then write:
Phone destroyed. I got information from Freddie, I think about the Nephandi woman's daughter. See if she can give it to you. Cheif Morgan should also have it. Thank you Narim.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:45 pm

"Very well I will see what I can do. I can contact my two allies, discreetly for help in the matter."
The Virtual Adept said then he asked.
"Do you want me to tell Chief Morgan where you are in case he wish to speak with you?"

Narim listened to what you said about your phone then he fish his own out of his pocket and send a message with it.
"I have asked Freddie to send the information to me. Now is there anything else you or Beatrice need?"

(OOC: Well I forgot as well so then we both did. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:53 pm

'Yes please tell my pater where I am. Thank you for everything Narim. I am glad that you will be our next Primus. I need to get back to B. He handed him the note and hurried back inside to check on her, not liking to leave her alone.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:06 pm

"I will let him know Adley."
Narim said, he smiles a little but he did not comment on the compliment, he hoped to do well as the Deacon Primus but he did not know if he was worthy. With a final nod he went to find Jeffry Morgan.

Beatrice was awake when you got back and seam seamed frightened, she was whimpering and frighting against the covers trying to sit up but being to weak her eyes was full of terror and confusion as if she did not fully know where she was.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:19 pm

"I am here," he said, hurrying over. "You are in your room at home, your avatar is not shattered." He put out his hands towards her to calm her down. "You are safe now. Your mentor will be back soon, adelfi....there is water and Narim made you soup." He sat down on the edge of the bed next to her, repeating that she was safe, in her room, quelling the fearful struggling.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Beatrice looked at Adley fears streaming down her face but slowly she calmed down, at least some.
"They...stood around me...they tried to...I felt them hurt it...felt alt of it..."
The young Verbena said her eyes wide with terror.
"I felt all of it..."
She repeated then she cough and fell down into the bed again to tired to struggle.
"Are you sure...it is alive...?"
Beatrice muttered, at least she was able to talk but she sounded so lost and scared.
"I feel nothing...usually there are energies...everywhere...I feel blind...are you sure it is alive?"
You know this is due to the restraints, once Beatrice was more rational they could be removed, but for now there where few other ways to stop her from trying to use magick, but it was clear their effect also scared her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Colin nodded, "Ah, my mistake. I was rather certain at least one of the cars in the Chantry never needed refueling; one of the side effects of being a Mage, like how I can always know the result of a given die roll, coin toss, or draw of a card. But not your car, though. I'm curious, though - what such little knacks do you have up your sleeves, hmm?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:39 pm

"Yes, I am sure. Your avatar is whole but you must not use magick for now until you are well. It is still alive, within you. It is recovering with you," he reassured her. "Here, sit and have a little water." Since she was awake for the moment he tried to help her drink something, careful of her state.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:52 pm

Colin:

Freddy gave a little grin.
"My tricks, well I showed you one last night, while I can teleport myself, I can not teleport others I can however make regular traveling, a car ride for example, shorter in a way, so a drive that should take an hour might take 20 minutes, perhaps not to impressive but very useful, other than that I tend to always know exactly how tall a building is, I never loose anything I know where everything is, I just know...but fuel for my car, not so much however an effect like you speak of can be done."
Freddy said as she dove into Logan's parking lot.
"I have to use foci for all such little effects though since I am a technomancer...I do not know how to do it without technology, in fact to me it feels less like magick and just like being able to use computers better than mot."
The Virtual Adept explained.
"As if it is all just technology you know, and some just know how to exploit it more."

Adley:

Beatrice did not fight when Adley helped her sit up, but she leaned most of her weight on him. The young Verbena managed to drink a bit of water though and she cough slightly.
"Thank you..."
She muttered weakly moaning slightly in pain before she managed to continue.
"I...it was so close...it fills me with dread to think about it...I do not want to...think about it..."
Beatrice muttered terrified the she glanced at you.
"I...had a dream and you where in it...you and a man I do not know...a man with black hair."
The girl said, it was possible that the tiny bit of your Avatar that now lived in hers had given her this fracture of you Avatar's memory, a memory that had been triggered in you by the events yesterday.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:13 pm

He held her close and then put the glass back on the nightstand. "You had a dream about...me?" He asked with a tilt of his head down at her, meeting her eyes. "Would you like to tell me about the dream? I will get Narim's soup and help you eat a little. And if you want to tell me about it. I...have seen this man. In my mind's eye. My avatar showed him to me. I think." Anything, he thought was better than her thinking about what had happened to her. Though he was surprised to hear her speak of the dark haired man, he was more concerned that she was in a state of perpetual terror.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 pm

"I only know fragments...and the memory faded fast...I only remember kind eyes...serious...kind eyes."
Beatrice muttered, she looked around fearfully but she did not protest to Adley getting the soup.
"It...was like a memory that...was not mine and then it faded...almost like they say those who have gotten an organ transplanted can get flashes...from the donor...I do not know...perhaps it was just a dream..."
The Verbena muttered weakly.
"But if you have seen him? W...who he is?"
Beatrice asked before she whimpered again and twisted a little, she seamed lost and afraid as if she worried someone would attack her at any moment.
"Are you sure...those that hurt me are gone..."
Beatrice muttered in a fearful whimper.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:31 pm

He grabbed the tray and put it in the fridge, bringing the soup back with him. "They are gone, Beatrice. They are not here any longer. You are at home, with us, safe." He sat back down with the soup and helped her again to sit and spooned some of it up for her. "I think the man's name is Carmon. I feel like I knew this person, I think the same one you saw but I have never seen him," he confided. "I thought it was a dream also...but...then I wrote something, that Name, other Words that...were not mine."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Beatrice seamed a bit calmer when you said the Spirit Masters where gone and she managed to eat a few spoonfuls of soup.
"Maybe he is from a...former life but...then why would I...dream about him...?"
The young Verbena asked she seamed confused.
"I...can't think...my thoughts just swim around..."
The blood witch said and it was clear that the short time awake and speaking hard tired her out completely in her present weakened state.

You hear the door to the room softly open and see Amadeus enter in the corner of your eye but the old mage say nothing he do not want to disturb in the hope you can manage to get a bit more food into his apprentice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:00 pm

"It's alright, Beatrice. Let's have some more soup and then some rest. But do not worry about the dreams, I do not think they are harmful." He looked at the older Verbena and then went back to trying to get her to eat as much as she seemed to be able to before tucking her back into the covers. He took a breath and sat the edge of the bed again. "My mother used to sing a song to me sometimes when I had bad dreams. Would you like to hear it?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Colin smiled, "The way you shorten a drive... that sounds like a conscious act; a deliberate spell, or rote if you will. The ability to know exact dimensions at a glance - that sounds more like the innate knacks I was referring to. It does seem a bit unfair, though, how you are so dependent on equipment to do your work, while I can basically do my work by my mind alone. Oh, I'm pretty slow and weak, as such, without a few symbols written down - the equivalent to your code segments, I suppose - but at least I can do something even empty-handed."
He pondered, "Say, that reminds me... do you often find yourself in need of portable data storage, like those handy USB sticks?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:24 am

Adley:

Beatrice nodded she seamed tired but fearful, but she do manage to eat a bit more soul though, not much but a bit before he turn he head away from the spoon, she nods when you ask her if she want to hear the song your mother used to sing you though when you have tucked her back into bed, pain and fear wearing her out but at the same time making it so hard to rest. Beatrice kept her eyes on Adley, it seamed like his presence calmed her. Amadeus said nothing he just stood watching with an unreadable look on his face, perhaps he found it strange to see a Flambeau tending to what was for all intents and purposes a Diedne or perhaps he was just relieved that you managed to get his apprentice to eat and seamed to calm her, or a bit of both.

Colin:

Freddy nodded then as she found a parking spot and stopped the car.
"Yeah the shortening the drive thing that is a conscious spell, it is a teleportation rote I just make it coincidental, as in instead of forcing reality to change I let reality weave itself around my will, creating an desired effect without breaking it's rules, just bending them."
The Virtual Adept said.
"But yes the knowing exact dimensions of a space that is more something that I just know true."
Freddy smiles then.
"Unfair you say, well perhaps, but we all have our methods, I mean many Verbena need to use blood and I know of a Syndicate turncoat turned Verbena who use manipulating money to work her magick. I guess technology is just the way that works for me."
She said then she nodded.
"Oh yes, I do usually have some USB sticks on me, why do you ask?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:05 am

He put the soup bowl on the bedstand for the moment. He could tell that Amadeus was there, watching him but he just attended to what he was doing. "Very well." He wasn't a particularly skilled singer, compared to chanting or oration. But he sang the song for her to the extent he was able.

Sleep, my friend, no ill betide thee,
All through the night.
Guardian angels watch beside thee
All through the night.

O'er thy cradle stars are beaming,
Silver bright the moon is gleaming;
Thou shalt tread the land of dreaming
All through the night.

While the earth in calm reposes,
All through the night.
Thou shalt sleep as sleep the roses,
All through the night.

Hushed from sorrow and repining,
Rest until the sun is shining,
In loving arms reclining,
All through the night.

"There is another version...I will sing you that one next time I come, if you wish," he said and then picked up the bowl again and his notebook. He put the rest of the soup in the fridge and took out the tray of food for them and gestured at it as if he had done nothing out of the ordinary.

//not sure what roll you ight want - he's not really got any skills, it was more of an impulse. Also not sure what specifically the kind of resonances he might have picked up lately but that might influence how he sounds, due to his echoes.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:15 am

Tane Karyak wrote:--Wednesday Afternoon--
I shall ask Mister Narim and see what he says. smiled Tane.
Well, i suppose i should go now and ask him, before going with Hildegaard. Said tane giving a hand out I hope we see around, then.

Tane wrote:Well, then, once you're restored we'll take you there. What has that mage forced you to do?
>> that was for the spirit.

--Wednesday Morning--
My mother always said that it was more about the wide than the Length Said Tane laughed Some have short of thin avatars. Some just can't get it Up.

Lily wrote:Have yours ever communicated with another person or another Avatar?
It's not that weird. Mine is a God, or takes that form, so it has it's own voice and sings his own songs. He has talked to others, and he has little trouble with it, but i wouldn't show him to anybody. For now it's just my brother and my Cabal or the little group i'm working with.

What did i lost?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:37 am

Tane:

(OOC: I replied to you a hour or so after you posted, the reply is on page 3 right at the top, of this thread. There have been allot of conversation in the thread so I can see how the reply could get lost, sorry.

As for what have happened, D'Angelo and the Spirit Masters came for Beatrice though when some of her manuverings where uncovered another judge took over, Milton Tolle. The PCs could not stop them from beginning the rite of Gilgul on Beatrice, but due to a legal technicality over precedent Adley managed to get documents to stop it, though the Verbena got badly hurt. Then everyone went to bed and it is now morning on Friday for Adley and Colin.)

Adley:

Beatrice looks at you as you sing, you had picked up quite a bit of different Resonance lately, Static for caring for her and trying to preserve her, Dynamic for well all your running around and your little meeting with the Correspondence Point, and even Jhor from when Beatrice's Avatar touched you but due to how many different energies you had encountered none of it had grown powerful enough to really affect you yet, so for the most part your song are flowing and energetic, though it seam to have a calming effect on the young Verbena and slowly she close her eyes. You do not know if she is sleeping, but she is resting at least.

Amadeus looks at you for a moment then as you go to put away the foot he mutters.
"You got her to eat...good she needs nourishment."
The Verbena seamed conflicted, everything he saw you do was in conflict with the image he had of Flambeau in his mind from his memories and he did not know what to think.
"Perhaps it is only I...who have not put the war behind me."
Amadeus muttered softly before she checked that Beatrice did indeed rest reasonably peacefully before he sat down to eat.

The food Narim had brought was a few simple, Indian dishes, there where bread, and a spicy omelette and a dish with vegetables in rice. Amadeus took some bread and omelette and ate.
"I will make a guess that Master Sharaya brought the food, I will have to thank him."
Amadeus muttered but his attention was split between glancing into Beatrice's bedroom so he could go to he if she begun to fuss and you and you tending to his apprentice with such care shattered some of his preconception and even for a centuries old mage having you views and prejudices challenged was hard.
"Even if I have been in the Traditions with the Order of Hermes for most of this life...I have always seen your House as the same brutes as the ones who...well in either case I never could imagine one of you could care for a Verbena and much less one of our lineage. "
Amadeus repeated as he regarded you before he again turned his attention to Beatrice's bedroom.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:12 am

He nodded as Amadeus commented that Beatrice needed to eat. When he regarded him, it seemed to him like the magus was staring at him as if he'd suddenly grown wings and a tail, or two heads. Or bitten on something that didn't taste the way he thought it was going to. Adley put some of the vegetables, rice and bread onto a plate and started to eat it cold. When Amadeus mentioned who made the food he nodded again. He listened as Amadeus worked through whatever was on his mind quietly while he ate, watching him. Then he picked up the notebook and scrawled down a note and handed it to him.

We are on the same side of the current wars now. I do not wish to fight the one in your mind, one that is history to me but your memory. Not forgotten but I do not know it as you do, as Colin told you. But yes, I care. I must go see my pater before the morning wanes, I will try to check on her when I can.

He took the food with him as he went, adding some of the omlette. He tucked the notebook under his arm, trying to finish what he'd put on his plate in the event he didn't get to eat much later.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:19 am

Amadeus merely nodded he ate some of his food, he had seen all of your House as monsters, your actions was challenging that assumption and shaking the wall of bitterness the old mage had built up around himself.
"Yes you should see your mentor and I should go and sit with Beatrice Mr Roth Hicks, in case she wakes up."
Amadeus said, he did not comment on your words, there was some things a person had to work out for themselves and that no words could really help. And which that the old Verbena got up and took his breakfast with him to go and eat it by Beatrice's bedside.

You go down to Jeffry Morgan's office and do find your mentor there, he was just finishing up a meeting with Adjan and as the Euthanatos left he waved you into his office.
"I could not get the pardon Miss Alexander needed mea filius but I hear you found another solution though the Chantry is full of rumors as to what exactly happened last night."
The old war mage said in a serious tone of voice.
"How is she...did they finish it?"
The question was simple enough but Jeffry looked concerned when he asked it.
"Come in, sit."
Your mentor offer as he go over to his coffee maker to get the day's first batch started.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:33 am

He nodded to Adjan as he passed by and then entered the office. He shook his head at the offer of coffee and placed the notebook papers on his desk. "They did not finish it, but she is not well. Her avatar had...a crack, I suppose would be a way to put it. It is healing now, thanks to Cita, but it still hurts her. She cannot use magick until it heals." He shook his head at the offer of coffee, looking drawn a moment and then rubbed his face. "It was Antonio...Mr Riez. He found through his contacts that there were other widderslainte that had different sentences and then connected one case that was most similar to Beatrice's. I went to Horizon and got his papers, the originals are in the safe behind you. Once they are copied they need to be sent back through the Mercere network. I have written up what transpired here." He sighed, shaking his head. "Pater, what will they do with them? Mr Darehill wanted her gone. Everyone was upset about not being told but now...do you think they will they let them stay?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:29 am

He nodded to Adjan as he passed by and then entered the office.

Adjan gave you a polite nod back as you pass before he head upstairs towards his room.

He shook his head at the offer of coffee and placed the notebook papers on his desk. "They did not finish it, but she is not well. Her avatar had...a crack, I suppose would be a way to put it. It is healing now, thanks to Cita, but it still hurts her. She cannot use magick until it heals."

"Well thank heavens that they did not finish it...but the girl must..."
Jeffry sigh and shakes his head.
"Such a wound have to be quite excruciating, poor child, hopefully she will recover."
The old Hermetic said.

"It was Antonio...Mr Riez. He found through his contacts that there were other widderslainte that had different sentences and then connected one case that was most similar to Beatrice's. I went to Horizon and got his papers, the originals are in the safe behind you. Once they are copied they need to be sent back through the Mercere network. I have written up what transpired here."

"Hum...he found precedence in the law? Good."
Your mentor said as he begun to read the handwritten report nodding.
"Well I do believe Mr Sharaya have a copy machine in his office and I can handle having the papers sent back through the Mercere network, I will speak with Miss Tarmen as soon as possible."

He sighed, shaking his head. "Pater, what will they do with them? Mr Darehill wanted her gone. Everyone was upset about not being told but now...do you think they will they let them stay?"

"I do not know."
Jeffry admitted and sigh, he fill a cup of coffee for himself and sat down in his chair.
"We will have to have a general meeting and discuss the issue. I think some will probably feel compassion after what Miss Alexander have been through, others might want her gone and if she go, so do Amadeus, you know he will not abandon his apprentice to fend for herself. However most of the Chantry seam shell shocked today, there is a chance that perspectives have changed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next