Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Adley Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:48 pm

"We are going to have to tell Lux Iternis. I have informed them about some of it, but we need to tell them this new information as well, I am going to have to send someone over to do that."

"Very well."

"I am merciful." Your mentor said and grinned. "Hum...come to think of it I suspect Mr Wainwright are on his way to pick up Mr Gregario and his apprentice, so just give him a call and have him meet you at my office when he gets back and we will discuss what we will do about Miss Larson. So just give him that message and get the papers copied."

"Yes sir," he said. He got up and tucked the folder under his arm and then went out to check in with Colin, calling him from the kitchen line.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Colin:

"Yeah the penumbra representation of Logan's are made into a dock for Umbra ships."
Freddy said and smiles.
"It is even a sort of neutral ground as both Traditionalists and Technocrats dock their ships here."

You get a reply from Micah.
"I am not sure however what if we meet you by the luggage claim, it should be an easy enough location to find regardless of exactly where we will be coming out?"

Adley:

Steelhaven's kitchen was a large room, you had no kitchen staff so the magi generally made their own food here, though sometimes someone had kitchen duty and made lunch or breakfast for the rest. The room had light blue tiles on the floor, there where two ovens, two microwaves, a large freezer and fridge and a cozy table that seated six by a pair of large windows. This room lay next door to the common room though so most would bring what food they made into the common room and eat there. The phone hang on the wall, it is old and well used.

Colin you get a call and the ID show Steelhaven's landline.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Colin read the reply, "Ah, good - he says to meet up at the baggage claim, so that would be the regular airport. I believe we have enough time to finish the pizza, though."
As he reached for another slice, the phone rang, and he frowned at it. "The landline? Whoever uses that old phone... ah, no matter. Yes, Wainwright here, how may I help?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:20 pm

"Regular airport...good then we do not need to find someone to help us cross into the Umbra."
Freddy said and took another slice of pizza, she checked the clock on her smart phone.
"Yeah we still have some time so we can enjoy our lunch."
The Virtual Adept said and smiles, she opens a bottle of mineral water and takes a sip.
"Someone call you from the landline?"
Freddy asked surprised.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:28 pm

As he reached for another slice, the phone rang, and he frowned at it. "The landline? Whoever uses that old phone... ah, no matter. Yes, Wainwright here, how may I help?"

"Will you please meet me in Chief Morgan's office when you return?" Adley said once Colin picked up without preamble. "And what might be your ETA, give or take?" While waiting, he looked at the clock on the microwave. "Before you ask, my phone is broken."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:34 pm

The clock show 12:45.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Colin perked up his ear for a moment. "...Adley, is that you? I, ah, say about an hour plus the trip back, depending on whether Freddy takes the scenic route or the... corresponding shortcut. Anything I should be prepared for in regards to the meeting?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:45 pm

"Yes, it is I. We will be discussing what you found out yesterday and the sound message sent to me," he said. He frowned at the clock on the wall. How had it almost become one in the afternoon already? "If anything comes up, call the Chief's phone. I will be expecting you sometime after two, otherwise." He waited to see if Colin needed to tell him anything else.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Colin sighed, "Ah, that. And here I was looking forward to showing our guests around Boston; point out all the places where a straying Mage might meet a horrible death at the hands of Nephandi, Technocrats, Werewolves or Vampires, or any combination thereof. It would have made for such a wonderful double date, as well."
Giving Freddy a wink, he waited a few moments for Adley's response.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:09 am

"Our city has so many such attractions," he deadpanned back, with a trace of a smile appearing briefly on his face. "I'm very sorry to say but a raincheck is in order. Please give my regards. Until later." He waited to see if Colin needed to tell him anything else then hung up and went to copy the papers.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:30 am

Freddy giggles at Colin's words about the best places to get killed by critters of all kinds in Boston.
"Now that would be quite a tour."
She muttered.

Adley you go to Narim's office to copy Gred's legal documents, there are no one there right now. The office are small, just like your mentor's it is a re-purposed broom closet, it have a desk, a few chairs, allot of computers and some shelves with manuals, papers in binders and a decorative item or two. On the wall hand a colorful tapestry of a nature scene and a woman gathering water, a few picture hangs on the walls here, the same family as there where picture of in the Virtual Adept's room. In one corner stands the copier and getting the documents copied is a quick job as there really, just as with Beatrice's own court documents are just one main document showing the verdict, and then a few more pages adding detail as well as the list of names of everyone involved.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:03 am

Colin arched an eyebrow, "You are getting better at this, Adley. Good. I'll see you when I get back. Let me know if there's anything in particular I should collect and bring to the meeting."
Hanging up, he sighed, "Alas, my dear, looks like our trip will be cut a little short. Let us finish this delectable meal, and then we can lounge in the airport for a while, hm?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:13 am

Freddy nodded she ate a bit more of the pizza.
"More problems?"
She asked and sigh.
"There seams to always be more problems on the horizon."

True enough...even as Freddy spoke of problems you see something, a car that pull into the parking lot and stops and three people gets out, one of them are badly injured and are supported by one of them while the third pull something that look like it comes straight of of Star Trek out of hi pocket and begin fiddling with it, then he points behind a large trailer when the trio will not be seen and the small group limps that way.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:38 am

Colin narrowed his eyes at the trio, chewing thoughtfully, "I've just got a strategy meeting, it seems... But those three there - Technocrats, you think?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:15 am

Freddy looked at the trio and nodded she started and app on her phone.
"Yeah one of them are using magick, and one of the other have implants which are basically talismans. I would say Technocrats yeah, they are probably trying to cross over into the Umbra and get to the docks for help."
She said as she looked at the three men, the one handling the strange device was tall and thin with short blond hair wearing a plain suit. The one who Freddy said had implants where a stocky man with red hair wearing a white tshirt, blue jeans and a black leather jacket, he was busy supporting a thin man with brown hair in a ponytail wearing a blue sweater and jeans. The blue of his sweater was stained red from what looked like two bullet wounds to his shoulder and one of his legs seamed limp and useless, the booth was burned and here and there burned flesh could be seen under the fabric of his jeans where something hot had burned away both fabric and skin.
"He look like he have been through the wringer."
Freddy commented and nodded towards the wounded man.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 am

Colin sighed. "I suppose offering help wouldn't be well received in any case. I hope the injured fellow makes it, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:45 am

"Nothing off the top of my head, besides yourself, but I will let you know." He hung up, wondering for a minute what he'd meant by saying he was getting better at this. Once in Narim's office he copied out the pages carefully, checked them to make sure he had the full complement and then took the folder and copies back to the security office.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:38 am

Colin:

"I do not, all Technocrats can burn for all I care."
Ferddy said and her eyes looked at something far away for a moment and darkened then she sigh.
"You are a good man Colin who can have compassion for the enemy, I am afraid I do not have that capacity, I have seen to many loved ones die, I have felt their cruelty...no for me I am not able to wish that man well."
The Virtual Adept said as she watched the trio walk behind the trailer where they would be shielded from sleeper eyes.
"I guess that makes you the bigger person."
Freddy said and sigh.

Adley:

When you get back to your mentor's office you hear the old mage arguing with someone over the phone as he let you into the small room and indicate that you should sit.
"How the hell is it possible to loose two Masters of the Art?"
"Yes...yes now while this is not actually our mistake they are your guests considering the Nephandi situation I will help, but why come to me with it."
"Ah perfect so since I grew up on Horizon you assume I know where everyone that come from there are?"
"No I get that...well other than the Paradox problem which can be rather shocking if you have never been on Earth, the smog in the air and just how bright the sun is can be irritating at first but not enough to cause a problem."
"Ok then...but tell me one thing the Masters Duvalier and Temaris, do you know if any of them study Time...uhm...Master Duvalier is a Master of the Sphere and Temaris an Adept...perfect for heaven sake Vittoria why did you not warn them, they are your guests, we have informed your Chantry that the bloody Nephandi are looking for someone who study Time..."
"How I can talk to you that way? Well let me explain that to you, first you go after a member of my Chantry, then you do not warn your guests that they are in danger of being targeted by the Nephandi, then you let two old mages who have never before been on Earth go out into Boston alone...and then you loose them..."

You notice the corner of your mentor's notebook, where he wrote down all that needed to be done and appointments catching fire as the conversation when on and he squashed the fire out with his hand.
"If the two Masters are still alive and if we find any clues to their whereabouts, then I will contact you, good day Master D'Angelo try not to loose any more guests or members of your Chantry before we speak again."
Jeffry hung up the phone and sigh.
"Damned it!"
He exclaimed and leaned back in his chair.
"You know the very nice group of Spirit Master that where here last night, well two of them have gone missing and D'Angelo have asked us to help us find them...and make a guess as to what other Spheres than Spirit the two missing magi happen to be quite skilled at."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 am

Colin smiled sadly, "I suppose... I had a rather rude awakening when I suddenly found myself on the business end of such hatred."
He stroked his scars lightly, "It's different when you are a pilot, than when you are an infantryman. Cleaner, I suppose, more serene. And still exciting. I guess you could say the reality of hatred hit me like a fireball to the face, and the unreason and madness of it was unpleasant."
He shook his head. "Don't get me wrong - I'll still shoot to kill, if I have to. I just can't seem able to hate anyone anymore. True, someone like Vittoria D'Angelo will likely never be someone I'll be on friendly terms with, and I'll take some enjoyment in inconveniencing her when we're at cross purposes, but I don't hate her. Perhaps that makes me the bigger person, perhaps that just makes me a human who's lacking a fundamental human trait. It can be hard to tell the difference."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:34 am

Colin smiled sadly, "I suppose... I had a rather rude awakening when I suddenly found myself on the business end of such hatred."
He stroked his scars lightly, "It's different when you are a pilot, than when you are an infantryman. Cleaner, I suppose, more serene. And still exciting. I guess you could say the reality of hatred hit me like a fireball to the face, and the unreason and madness of it was unpleasant."

Freddy sigh and nodded she looked out the window.
"I can see how being a pilot make it different and also how hatred can harm, and like I said the Union to are people but...I am not able not to hate."
The Virtual Adept moved forward a little so she could bend her head to give you a better look at her scalp then she pushed her dreads to the side and revealed scars from screws and one larder scar where skin had been removed, it seamed like scars from a brain surgery.
"I can never forgive."
Freddy said as she sat up again and red adjusted her hair.

He shook his head. "Don't get me wrong - I'll still shoot to kill, if I have to. I just can't seem able to hate anyone anymore. True, someone like Vittoria D'Angelo will likely never be someone I'll be on friendly terms with, and I'll take some enjoyment in inconveniencing her when we're at cross purposes, but I don't hate her. Perhaps that makes me the bigger person, perhaps that just makes me a human who's lacking a fundamental human trait. It can be hard to tell the difference."

"I think it do make you a bigger person Colin, if there where no hatred very few wars would continue, I mean the goals of the Union and the Traditions are not that dissimilar. If they stopped trying to kill us all and focused on taking down the Awakened that hurt people, like the Nephandi, we could have worked together, but old hatred and intolerance keep the war going, and I do not think it will ever stop, not until reality itself have enough of all of us and dump our collective Awakened asses out into the Umbra for good."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Colin looked at the scars, brows furrowing. "That's an impressive scar, alright... did they try to implant something? Anyway, you are probably right, the chance of coming to peaceful terms with the Union are virtually nonexistent, though..."
He half-smiled, "...I did hear Amadeus Nassa thank a Flambeau, and he's got good reasons to hold a grudge against them. If he can be brought around to accept one or two on individual basis, perhaps one or two Technocrats are able to do the same. Oh, it'll probably take another thousand years or so, but it could happen. And if you let Master Nassa know I said so, I'm sure he will gladly and brutally drain a pint or two of my blood to use in horrible rituals targeting my life and limb."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Colin looked at the scars, brows furrowing. "That's an impressive scar, alright... did they try to implant something? Anyway, you are probably right, the chance of coming to peaceful terms with the Union are virtually nonexistent, though..."

"Well your scars are far more impressive Colin."
Freddy said with a grin then she continued.
"When that is said no they where not trying to implant something they where trying to figure out why the Computer did not want me when they tried to sacrifice me to it...I have never been so glad to be rejected in all of my life. There was this bitch in my class at school who told me that I would be rejected all my life and by the way my name was stupid. After my Cabal and mentor attacked the Construct I was held at and freed me I send a box of chocolates to Lotty Gadelar and told her that she was absolutely right and that fitted me perfectly."
The Virtual Adept said with a wry grin.
"In either case the Top Hats where most confused as to why the Computer refused the sacrifice and decided to saw my skull open to find out. I do not think they found anything though."
Freddy said and grinned but then she looked out the window again.
"Well in either case my view of the Technocracy soured a bit after that."

He half-smiled, "...I did hear Amadeus Nassa thank a Flambeau, and he's got good reasons to hold a grudge against them. If he can be brought around to accept one or two on individual basis, perhaps one or two Technocrats are able to do the same. Oh, it'll probably take another thousand years or so, but it could happen.

"Amadeus Nassa thanking a Hermetic, and a Nuke at that...my my that have to be a sign that the end is near."
Freddy joked then she nodded.
"One or two Technocrats sure...after all two of th Traditions where once Technocrats themselves, three if you go a long way back and count the Solificati...but then no one count the Solificati....ehm do not tell Darrian I said that. However the entire Union? I doubt all of them will come around."

And if you let Master Nassa know I said so, I'm sure he will gladly and brutally drain a pint or two of my blood to use in horrible rituals targeting my life and limb."

"Oh I have no doubt...damn that man have a temper, he is a brilliant healer but if he do not like you, then you better watch your back, not that it will do you much good..."
Feddy said and grinned.
"So we better keep it our little secret."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Colin carefully leaned back, smirking, "This must be the first instance I've heard of anyone being saved by having a blonde moment in front of a computer."
He shook his head, "But no, we'll not get the entire Traditions and Technocracy to make peace... An occasional armistice, perhaps, but I wouldn't hope for anything more."
He quickly finished wolfing down the pizza slice, "Well, why don't we finish up here and stroll into the concourse to see what sort of people are coming into Boston today? It can't hurt to find a cup of tea and a good seat with a view of the baggage retrieval."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Colin carefully leaned back, smirking, "This must be the first instance I've heard of anyone being saved by having a blonde moment in front of a computer."

Freddy burst out laughing.
"Remind me to buy some bleach and blond hair dye."
She giggled.

He shook his head, "But no, we'll not get the entire Traditions and Technocracy to make peace... An occasional armistice, perhaps, but I wouldn't hope for anything more."

"You are probably right about that...there are just to much hatred on either side for there to ever be peace until one side is completely wiped out."

He quickly finished wolfing down the pizza slice, "Well, why don't we finish up here and stroll into the concourse to see what sort of people are coming into Boston today? It can't hurt to find a cup of tea and a good seat with a view of the baggage retrieval."

"Sound like a good idea."
Freddy said, she took another slice of pizza, ate it then she wiped her fingers on her skirt.
"Well I am done, shall we go?"
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "You never learned to use napkins? Wait, did they bring any? Ah, well..."
Fishing out his handkerchief and wiping off his fingers, he carefully eased himself out of the car and took the empty pizza box with him, looking for the nearest trashcan. "Well, it is a beautiful day; I hope that won't change."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next