Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:32 pm

"I know little of the Tarot really, not my kind of tool, but I know of mages who can get pretty good results with it, at the end of the day it is just another method of doing things. Now as for Tarot apps and the like, most do not have a very good randomness rate, but I am sure I can write such a program for you pretty easily if you want it. Now as for how coincidental something is, well if it is Hedge Magic coincidental or not do not matter, it is it's own thing but if a true mage where to make such a program then it would be coincidental to a point but if it got to accurate it would pass into vulgar territory. I think however that if you make a program that have no will behind it then even if it might get a hit every now and again, then there will be nothing there after all we are just talking about pretty pictures, it is the reader that makes it work."
Freddy said and sipped her hot chocolate.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Sounds about right. I'm inclined to suspect I might have more luck with runes, myself. But only if they were my own handiwork; I doubt there would be much to gain from just purchasing a bag of engraved wooden tiles or stones over the counter. Much like how I expect your phone is hardly an off-the-shelf model; there's been some tinkering in its guts, hasn't there?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:47 pm

"No actually this is an off the counter model..well I have installed more memory on it but it is mundane enough, at least the hardware are, it is the programming that are my own little specialty."
Freddy said and grinned.
"I use a system, similar to the New World Order rote database, I just program rotes as apps and store them on my phone or computer until I need them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Colin chuckled, "I can imagine. No, literally, I can imagine. It sounds almost completely like something out of the cartoons when I grew up."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:56 pm

"Hum...I must have missed that cartoon, the point at least is that I see it all as information and that what I do with magick is changing and manipulation the information the govern the world, as if it was all one big computer."
Freddy said, then she nodded towards a man and a woman that was making their way towards the luggage retrieval area.
"Hum...but from one thing to another Colin, do you think that may be the ones we are looking for?"

Well the time is about right for Micah's plane to have landed and for the two of them to have gotten here and the pair was certainly odd, one was a fairly tall man who looked to be in his mid to late forties, he had jaw length shaggy light brown hair heavily streaked in gray, almond shaped dark blue eyes had held a look of deep sadness to them, he had high cheekbones and a strong nose and could have been handsome if it had not been for that look in his eyes. The man was wearing black pants, and off white sweater and a black leather jacket, beside the man in the leather jacket walked a young woman, though she did not seam to be present mentally, the girl had a triangle shaped face with sky blue eyes and a little heart shaped mouth, soft blond curls framed her face and with the light green dress with a butterfly print she wore it would be easy to at first glance see her as the perfect girl next door beauty, but then one would look close and see the look of complete hopelessness in her eyes, that blue gaze never focused on anything it just stared of into the distance dull and lifeless. It also became clear that the man at the girl's side was not so much walking beside her as leading her, if he stopped gently nudging her the blonde stopped walking, as if she had no will of her own and just walked where directed as it was easier than protesting.
"Now that is a sorry sight."
Freddy muttered and put the rest of he hot drink down and she looked rather nauseous.
"Well I guess we have to check if it is them and if it is we should go and say hello."
The Virtual Adept said hesitantly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:08 pm

"Poor girl I do not blame her for being afraid, especially if she can not feel her Avatar, there must be a little voice in her mind that tell her that her loved ones lie to her to protect her, that well the ritual was completed."

He hadn't thought of that. But there was not much to do about it, it would be harmful if she tried to use magick and that would be the most natural thing to do to reassure herself that everything was still there where it should be. Adley stood quietly just inside the door waiting for Adjan as he washed up.

The Euthanatos said angrily. "That ritual should be used far more selectively. I mean since 1470 it have been done 75 times, and that is just on members of the Traditions, that do not include Nephandi prisoners and non Traditionalist widderslainte..."

"It should be used if it is necessary only I agree, for Nephandi or those that cannot be redeemed. But...I used to think only days ago that all widdeslainte were beyond hope, that the best way to deal with them was...that way. I wouldn't have believed Beatrice was such but I was angry when I found out. Now I'm angry that this ritual was used on Susanna, who had purportedly cleansed her avatar and on Beatrice for a badly worded stay. Perhaps things can change."

Adjan say and sigh. "But we should go, this probably not a topic you want to discuss right now. Please when you see Beatrice tell her hello from me."

"Not right now," he agreed, focusing on what they had to do for the next hours. "Do you have a car? And does the Chief have your cell phone number at hand? The reason we are going to Westchapel is because two of the Masters that came here last night have disappeared. One left from Lux Iternis today to visit a relative at that chantry named Mr Padilla." He frowned. "They were both skilled in ars temporalis, so we suspect the Nephandi have gotten them."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:29 pm

"It should be used if it is necessary only I agree, for Nephandi or those that cannot be redeemed. But...I used to think only days ago that all widdeslainte were beyond hope, that the best way to deal with them was...that way.

Adjan nodded and sigh.
"I guess it is better than letting corruption spread but if there is any alternative that should be tried before one use a ritual like that, especially since we do not really know what we are destroying."

I wouldn't have believed Beatrice was such but I was angry when I found out. Now I'm angry that this ritual was used on Susanna, who had purportedly cleansed her avatar and on Beatrice for a badly worded stay. Perhaps things can change."

"I heard about the girl who they say have cleaned herself what happened to here was truly a tragedy, now as for Beatrice, she at least will recover, perhaps she can eventually cleanse her Avatar as well, if such a thing is possible."

"Not right now," he agreed, focusing on what they had to do for the next hours. "Do you have a car? And does the Chief have your cell phone number at hand?

"I think he do yes and I have a car, it is parked in the garage."

The reason we are going to Westchapel is because two of the Masters that came here last night have disappeared. One left from Lux Iternis today to visit a relative at that chantry named Mr Padilla." He frowned. "They were both skilled in ars temporalis, so we suspect the Nephandi have gotten them."

"Why on earth did Lux Iternis let two who study Time go out alone when they know, for we have told them, that the Nephandi for some reason that are probably not good for us, want such mage badly?"
Adjan asked as he begun walking towards the garage.
"Hum...Padilla, he is a Sons of Ether is he not? Let us hope he is hope then, he works at the airport...well the spiritual part of the airport with ship maintenance as far as I remember."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:33 pm

"I guess it is better than letting corruption spread but if there is any alternative that should be tried before one use a ritual like that, especially since we do not really know what we are destroying.

"True enough, since speaking with Master Telar...well..."

"Why on earth did Lux Iternis let two who study Time go out alone when they know, for we have told them, that the Nephandi for some reason that are probably not good for us, want such mage badly?" Adjan asked as he begun walking towards the garage.

"As my mentor said, there will be words."

"Hum...Padilla, he is a Sons of Ether is he not? Let us hope he is hope then, he works at the airport...well the spiritual part of the airport with ship maintenance as far as I remember."

"I do not know the man at all nor have I been to this chantry. Though I do have the chantry's number, we can give a brief call to see if he is there or at work. But given the circumstances, I did not think he would want to talk about it over the phone to a stranger. Plus there might be something we learn while we are there."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Colin smiled, "Not so much a single cartoon, but elements of several... I'd suggest, hmm, MASK, Visionaries and, oh, Captain N the Game Master. Good heavens, but that was thirty years ago."
He gulped down the rest of his chocolate, coughed, and looked at the couple in the claim area. "Yes, that seems likely. If you'll wait here, please."
He got to his feet and strolled over to the doorway, "Mister Gregario? Miss Florentine? I'm Colin Wainwright, welcome to Boston."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Adley:

"True enough, since speaking with Master Telar...well..."

"Well she is an interesting lady, know quite a bit but I doubt even she know everything about what Avatars are."

"As my mentor said, there will be words."

"I do not think I would like to be on the receiving end of such words from Master Morgan."
Adjan said with a wry grin.

"I do not know the man at all nor have I been to this chantry. Though I do have the chantry's number, we can give a brief call to see if he is there or at work. But given the circumstances, I did not think he would want to talk about it over the phone to a stranger. Plus there might be something we learn while we are there."

"Well we can ask if he is in at least for if not it is quicker to look for him at the Umbraport, however not only might we learn more by speaking with the man in person, but if this missing Master of the Art is one of his loved ones and he or she is taken by the Nephandi...well if that was one of my loved ones having met such a misfortune, I would appreciate hearing it from a person I could see before me rather than a voice on the phone."
The Euthanatos said as he lead the way down to the garage and over to a small black citroen and got in.
"If you give Westchapel a call to see if the man we seek is in and I will start driving."
He suggested.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Not so much a single cartoon, but elements of several... I'd suggest, hmm, MASK, Visionaries and, oh, Captain N the Game Master. Good heavens, but that was thirty years ago."

"I remember the Nintendo one, but not the others."
Freddy said.
"But I guess the concept is not that unique in either case, it is actually rather basic."

He gulped down the rest of his chocolate, coughed, and looked at the couple in the claim area. "Yes, that seems likely. If you'll wait here, please."

"No argument from me there, I am in no hurry to meet...well do not take this as me being a bitch but...someone missing part of their soul..."
Freddy said and shuddered.

He got to his feet and strolled over to the doorway, "Mister Gregario? Miss Florentine? I'm Colin Wainwright, welcome to Boston."

The man looked in your direction and he held out his hand to stop his female companion from walking further.
"Yes I am Micah Gregario, thank you it is a pleasure to meet you Mr Wainwright."
The man said then he indicated the girl at his side.
"This is Susannah Florentine, you have to excuse her Mr Wainwright...she seldom speaks."
Micah said and Susannah just stared at a wall saying nothing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:40 pm

"Well we can ask if he is in at least for if not it is quicker to look for him at the Umbraport, however not only might we learn more by speaking with the man in person, but if this missing Master of the Art is one of his loved ones and he or she is taken by the Nephandi...well if that was one of my loved ones having met such a misfortune, I would appreciate hearing it from a person I could see before me rather than a voice on the phone." The Euthanatos said as he lead the way down to the garage and over to a small black citroen and got in.

"True. We don't know for sure, which is of course the problem. But I can't see any other likely reason for his disappearance given the patterns that are unfolding. The man is from Horizon, he has never even been to Earth before, I believe."

"If you give Westchapel a call to see if the man we seek is in and I will start driving."

"Can I borrow your phone? Mine is broken and I have not yet had time to replace it," he said, sounding apologetic. He got into the passenger seat and fastened his seatbelt.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Adjan nodded he pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed it to you.
"Sure here...him never mean on Earth you say, that must be strange, to be born in some other realm, oh well to such a person I guess it is us that are strange."
The Euthanatos muttered, then he begun to maneuver his little black car out of the garage.
"Well we can hope it is not the Nephandi that have taken this Master of the Art, it would be better for the missing mage and better for the rest of us."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:07 pm

"Thank you," he said, taking the phone and getting the phone number out to dial. "What is that saying? Hope for the best, prepare for the worst?" He tapped in the number. "I've yet to get to the state of being unsurprised by anything in between...but the day is not yet out." He put the phone to his ear and squinted as the daylight slammed into his eyeballs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Colin bowed slightly to Susannah Florentine, "I understand. I've prepared a small apartment for your disposal while you are here, but I should let you know right away that things rather came to a point last night, and Miss Alexander is slightly under the weather... The process was stopped, but she needs a little time to heal. For now, at least, she is safe, and recuperating."
He glanced around for a moment, checking that nobody seemed to be listening in on the conversation, "Speaking of safety, this is a recent local concern... how are you with Time?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Adley:

After a few rings a woman picks up on the other end, her voice is sharp but pleasant.
"Hello you have reached Westchapel factory museum, how may I help you."
The woman said just in case there was a sleeper calling.

Adjan merely nodded to what you where saying and swung his car out into the street and headed west.

Colin:

Susannah did not look at you, it was as if she did not notice you, or more likely just did not care that you where there. Micha nodded.
"Thank you that is most kind of you Sir."
He said about the apartment then he grimaced when you said what had happened last night.
"I am glad Miss Alexander is recovering."
He said and glanced at Susannah to see if she had understood what had been said, but the girl was still staring at the wall with dull, dead eyes and did not seam to notice. When you asked about the Time Sphere Micah sigh and looked away a deep pain showing in his eyes.
"I walk the path of our House's Founder Mr Wainwright, so no Time...or any other Spheres for that matter. I...function better than Susannah and the circumstances where different but..."
The Mercere turned away completely.
"Excuse me...I think I see our luggage..."
Micah said and stepped quickly towards the baggage carousel though he just stood there in silence for a while before he finally grabbed a large blue bag of the carousel and drew a deep breath before he returned to you.
"I...think we have everything Mr Wainwright..."
Micah muttered softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 pm

"Hello, yes. I hope you can. I am calling from Steelhaven Hall," he returned. She would know it was a chantry though he still spoke cautiously enough just in case. "I would like to speak with Mr Padilla about an urgent matter, is he available?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:13 pm

"Ah Steelhaven...one moment and I will check."
The woman said then she covered the mouthpiece of the phone though you could still hear a muffled.
"Mary are Josef home, do you know?"
After a few moments the woman's voice can be heard again.
"Yes Josef Padilla is home but according to my friend here he is set to leave for work in an hour or so, but until then you are welcome to visit, shall I tell him to expect you Mr...?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:27 pm

He frowned a little. He didn't want to talk too much on the phone and here he was talking on the damn thing. "I see. Yes, thank you. Mr Roth Hicks," he replied. When he hung up with another thank-you to the woman he said, "I think my mentor's paranoia about using the phone has well and truly ingrained itself." Then, "He's going to be home for the next hour." Then he returned Adjan's phone and began watching out in case he saw anything strange along the way.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:40 pm

"Very well Mr Roth Hicks I will tell Josef to expect you."
The woman on the phone said politely before you hung up. Adjan takes his phone back and smiles.
"Well it is said the Union can tap into phone conversations so a bit of paranoia might be healthy and Master Morgan have not gotten to be as old a he is by being careless."
The Euthanatos commented as he drove.

Nothing out of the ordinary happens during the 20 minute drive, then Adjan parked in front of a large, run down old factory that once had produced plastic products but today where for what sleeper society knew, abandoned but where a group of mages had made their home, outside the walls where full of graffiti and the old, yellow building looked like it should have been thorn down a good while ago, however you can feel the presence of a Node nearby and several cars was parked outside, indicating that there where people here, using the building.
"I have been here a couple of times before, it looks better on the inside than out here."
Adjan commented as he stepped out of the car.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 pm

"Yes, as he said they're useful but damnable." He gave a faint smile back. "Of course, I'm sure if it were up to him we'd be using other methods; I can't blame him considering." Then he fell silent and watchful.

"I have been here a couple of times before, it looks better on the inside than out here." Adjan commented as he stepped out of the car.

He nodded and followed him out, walking next to him. "Appearances can be deceiving. I wish I had better news to bring them," he said. "Thank you for coming with me, Mr Terach." Then he looked for the door as they approached the decrepit building.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:10 pm

"Yes, as he said they're useful but damnable." He gave a faint smile back. "Of course, I'm sure if it were up to him we'd be using other methods; I can't blame him considering." Then he fell silent and watchful.

"If it was up to Master Morgan we would communicate by magic mirrors and messager spirits."
Adjan said with a grin.
"And I have to admit, that do have some charm to it."

He nodded and followed him out, walking next to him. "Appearances can be deceiving. I wish I had better news to bring them," he said. "Thank you for coming with me, Mr Terach." Then he looked for the door as they approached the decrepit building.

"In our world things are seldom what it seam Mr Roth Hicks."
The Euthanatos said.
"And I to would like to have something better to tell them than that one of their members might have lost a loved one. Also there is no need to thank me, I do what I can to help out around the Chantry, I think we all do."

You get to the two big doors with thick glass squares placed into the metal doors. Adjan knocked on the doors and soon they where opened by a pretty woman in her 30's, the woman was tall and thin and with short blond hair.
"Hello, Mr Terach oh and you must be Mr Roth Hicks, my name is Vanella Lacevale Hermes bani Bonisagus, please come in."
The woman said, she was the woman you had talked with on the phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Adley gave the woman a short bow and walked inside. "Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau, thank you for having us. Pardon me for the short introduction, I do not mean to be rude sodalis, but where might we find Mr Padilla?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:22 pm

Colin frowned, realizing he'd put his foot in it. "Ah, bugger, I'm sorry... I'm still a bit rusty with the houses, and as an old military man, I hold couriers in the highest esteem. I was not aware... I meant no offense. At any rate, that should at least mean the Fallen won't be taking a particular interest in you. The local infestation is making themselves into a bit of a nuisance, trying to recruit chronomancers. Um, if you'd come with me, please."
He warily led the two toward the bench where Freddy sat, "May I introduce Freddy Adelbloom of the Virtual Adepts. Freddy, this is Micah Gregario and Susannah Florentine."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:13 am

Adley:

"Not at all Sodalis I do understand that time is short at times, if you would both please just follow me."
The Bonisagus said and begun to lead the way through the old factory, the place had been spruced up on the inside, old offices, wardrobes and manufacturing areas made into bedrooms, larger open spaces made into communal areas, it was till clear this was an old factory though. Vanella lead you down several sets of stairs into a large workshop where a large bearded man with dark blond hair in a ponytail was working on some sort of machine. The man was wearing a gray tshirt, dirty army pants and wore three silver rings in one ear. His eyes was a bit unusual, they where blue, but the left one was several shades darker than the right.
"Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Terach please allow me to introduce you to Josef Padilla...Josef your guests are here."
Vanella said, the man working on the machine looked up.
"Oh..."
He said before he wiped his oily hands off on a rag and went to shake your hands.
"Good day...I am Josef Padilla I heard you wanted to see me...you are from Steelhaven right?"
The man said, he looked to be around forty and gave you both a big, friendly smile.

Colin:

Micah gave you a sad smile.
"It is not offense that was taken Mr Wainwright, and there are Gifted in our House and as they have greater rank in the Tradition's eye the most polite would be to assume someone you have just met to be among them, and besides most Mercere...where never mages to begin with but are True Believers where such an assumption would do no harm."
The messenger said politely though the sorrow remained in his dark blue eyes.
"Well it is never good to catch the interest of the Fallen."
The man muttered before he took his bag and then gave Susannah a nudge to get her going and followed you.

Freddy regarded the two Mercere before she stood and offered her hand in greeting to both of them as she was introduced to them. Micah shook the young woman's hand then he nudged Susannah again until until the girl took Freddy's hand, though she still aid nothing.
"Alrighty then."
Freddy muttered clearly a bit disturbed by Susannah's dead eyes.
"Shall we be heading back to Steelhaven or do you two need to get a bite to eat?"
The Virtual Adept said and Micah nodded.
"I will eat later Miss Adelbloom for now I want to get Susannah out of all this excitement, a big place like this with all the activity makes her nervous."
Freddy nodded he gave an uneasy look at Susannah.
"Well to the car then I guess...unless you had anything else you needed to do here while we are at it Colin?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:53 am

"Not at all Sodalis I do understand that time is short at times, if you would both please just follow me." The Bonisagus said and begun to lead the way through the old factory...

"Thank you," he said to her, walking along with them through the warehouse and down into one of the basements.

"Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Terach please allow me to introduce you to Josef Padilla...Josef your guests are here." Vanella said, the man working on the machine looked up. "Oh..." He said before he wiped his oily hands off on a rag and went to shake your hands. "Good day...I am Josef Padilla I heard you wanted to see me...you are from Steelhaven right?"

"Thank you for seeing us on such short notice, Mr Padilla." He shook his hand. "We have concerning news, I'm afraid. Have you heard anything from Master Duvalier? She was supposed to leave from Lux Iternis to come visit you here today but we have received notice that she has not been seen or heard from since she left this morning." He frowned at him. "There is heightened Nephandi activity in the area lately and they have been targeting those who can use the Sphere of Time. I'm very sorry to say, but as your relative holds the rank of Master, it makes her a potential target. Is there anything you might be able to tell us that might help us find out what happened to her?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next