Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:28 am

Wednesday afternoon:

It's the Reality. The nephandi used spirits as agents and was there looking in the mall for a young mage... IT is what it is, and i wouldn't like to lie to her.

"Yes but that do not mean we should suspect everyone who can communicate with spirits. But yes asking her some questions do not hurt."
Narim said.

Friday morning:

Wait! Coawa can easily come and go with painkillers to the spiritual world. I need to go and have a chat with Mister Telar. he could also go and pass the painkillers but it was much more complicated.

"So can I it is not a problem brining something from the physical world into the Umbra but that is not what I am talking about Mr Karyak...have you ever been in the penumba? Have you seen how some things have a spiritual representation there? It have become ephemera, that is what I am talking about."
The old Verbena explained.
"Yes speaking with Master Telar might be a good idea."

Ok, i'm getting there. Wait for me in the entrance. After a couple minutes, Tane got to the Chantry. Amadeus Nassa i presume? Tane Karyak, Dreamspeaker. Take me to the Master Telar, and let's tlak once beatrice is better.

In the entrance hall you see a tall, clean man with waist length blond hair in a ponytail and sharply blue eyes, the main wore a white tunic and blue jeans and looked like a hippie. The man inclined his head towards you.
"Yes I am Amadeus Nassa bani Verbena nice to meet you Mr Kayak"
The man said, he seamed tired and worried.
"This way I have set up an appointment with Master Telar.

Amadeus leads you through the Chantry until he get to a room on the third floor, he knocks on the door and a small thin woman with short brown hair streaked in blue, a green shirt and black pants with several sets of big pockets open the door, the woman looks hardly more then twenty five, though that do not matter that much to mages, the woman had green jelly bracelets on one wrist and a plain but stylish silver locket around her neck, she looked more like a street punk than a Master of Spirit and yet Amadeus presented her to you.
"Mr Karyak, this is Master Cita Telar bani Virtual Adepts."
He say and Cita give you a smile.
"Hello, it is nice to meet you."
The technomancer said in a friendly tone of voice, though she to looked rather tired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Adley Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:47 pm

He listened to Raymond, quietly surprised that the kid would trust him with trying to get it off of him without frying him where he stood. Given how much he'd been told about the Traditions, that he was still standing there at all was impressive.

"It is worrying," Adley agreed as Ajan spoke, scrubbing a hand across his beard roughly with his free hand."We can call in." He didn't want to lose their initiative and it had been working to keep off the line, but he wanted Raymond to live, Spirit intact and for them to get back to the chantry safely without being followed. Those were his current objectives. He reached a hand out towards Adjan for his phone with an apologetic look. He was going to owe Adjan for this later when he had more time to be appreciative.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Adjan just nods and hands you his phone.
"That is probably a good idea."
The Euthanatos said.
"There are times when advice from those older and wiser are the best course of action, and when it comes to that last effect, it is hard to know how it would react to tampering, the other two we can probably stop by destroying the bracelet but the last one."

Raymond glances at you a bit worriedly.
"What is this thing that she have give me? Can you get it of me safely?"
The boy asked in a nervous tone of voice. Adjan glanced at the boy but he only muttered.
"I hope so kid, I hope so."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 pm

Adley didn't answer Raymond, since he was already dialing up but he glanced at Adjan and then back as if to agree with his sentiment that they were going to try their best to get it off of him or neutralized safely. He knew he'd probably need more than one person's help with this, but he started with his pater, since he knew Spirit and some Life, and he could direct him to further assistance if necessary.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:33 pm

After a couple of rings Jeffry picks up the phone, the old mage sounded a bit tired but other than that he sounded fine, not recognizing the number he replied as formally as he usually did.
"Yes this is Jeffry Morgan how may I help you?"
The old mage had never gotten used to the informality of communication over electronic devices.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Apparently he didn't recall he'd called him on this line before, so he said, 'It is I. We have located another individual that is to participate this coming weekend. He has agreed to come with us instead if we keep his mother safe from -her-. However, he has a bracelet that is enchanted with three separate workings we detected. One a tracker, allowing her to know if it is take off as well as where he is, another to rend his life pattern apart at any time and a third, very high level complicated work made of threads of Spirit and Life. This last I need assistance with; I do not want to destroy the object and trigger it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:30 am

"Ah yes..off course forgive me it seams that even I get a bit set out by stress at times. Well Adley what can I do for you?"
Jeffry said.
"Another...what the hell is this woman planning she seam to be gathering pieces for her ritual all over the city."
Your mentor grumbled.
"Hum...I see your problem, often such effects will be destroyed if the item is but not always if I where to make such a artifact I would make sure it went off if tampered with. Okey since there is a tacker there leaving the area will alert that woman to your presence...I will come to you, though since this is a matter of some urgency are there anywhere around where I can come in through the Umbra and not be seen? Also I will need to know some key elements of the area, an address is not needed but something to navigate after."
The old mage said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Adleys' lips thinned slightly - his mentor sounded tired, stressed out. Taking a jaunt through the Umbra when that woman was picking mages off right and left wasn't something he wanted to have to happen if they could get around it. Plus he was not keen on giving a location over the phone.  He continued, "Is it possible someone would be able to open a portal for you to view and assess the item through without you having to come yourself?"

He wasn't sure what the extent the Adepts could do things with their computers or if they could confer that ability to his pater, but it might be possible and best to ask before having him come directly. It was concerning him how tired everyone probably was by this point and how much was still left to be done.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:52 pm

He continued, "Is it possible someone would be able to open a portal for you to view and assess the item through without you having to come yourself?"

"None of the ones I know have the ability to do so are available at the moment...perhaps Miss Adlebloom...it i possible I could examine the item though it even if she are not able to transport me there..."
You mentor said.
"And that might be a quicker solution, that being said I traveled the byways of the Umbra when your grandfathers where babes young man so I know what I am doing, however a more efficient way of doing things are still preferable. One moment."
Jeffry said and you hear him walking through the Chantry presumably looking for Freddy, he knocks on a door and there is some muffled conversation then you hear Jeffry speak on the phone again.
"Ok Freddy says she can make a small portal to where you are, and then I can work through it as long as she keep it stable. She will be using the signal from the phone you are currently one to find the right location...to be honest I understood perhaps a third of what she was saying if that, but a portal is a portal. Place the phone a safe place once we are done talking so Miss Adlebloom can do her thing and I will have a long at this item you are talking about."
The old Hermetic said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:17 pm

"None of the ones I know have the ability to do so are available at the moment...perhaps Miss Adlebloom...it i possible I could examine the item though it even if she are not able to transport me there..."

"Only if it will not compromise our security, that has to be priority," he said, not that his mentor had to be reminded of the fact. "There's a tracker on it, after all." It wasn't that he didn't trust Freddie but she wasn't a Master and having the chantry's security breached had to be avoided.

"And that might be a quicker solution, that being said I traveled the byways of the Umbra when your grandfathers where babes young man so I know what I am doing, however a more efficient way of doing things are still preferable. One moment."

He had to smile a little at that but then said seriously, "Indeed."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:56 pm

"Only if it will not compromise our security, that has to be priority," he said, not that his mentor had to be reminded of the fact. "There's a tracker on it, after all." It wasn't that he didn't trust Freddie but she wasn't a Master and having the chantry's security breached had to be avoided.

"I think that we will be okey. Miss Adlebloom are working on a one sided portal, so I can affect things on your end but not the other way around, hopefully that we will keep us safe and I am setting up some wards so hopefully we will be okey but off course one can never be sure, there are always those who can circumvent your magick."
Your mentor said then he added.
"If you place the phone now somewhere you and your group will not be hit by the portal I think Miss Adlebloom is ready and you should be ready to leave once I deal with this item in case that will alert the Nephandi to where you are, I would prefer not to have to storm a Labyrinth to save you."
Jeffry said over the phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:57 pm

"How big is it going to be? I was thinking put it in the glovebox, him in the front seat to avoid paradox, is that too close?" He also looked around for a good place to put the phone which wouldn't nail Freddie but that would allow the Chief to do what he had to do and not hit anyone with it. "Are you going to take care of all the issues or should I be ready to destroy it after?" Then he looked over at Duncan and said, "I know you're ready to go, stay that way please. Everyone else be ready to go."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:20 pm

"Hum...no the glove box should be fine says Miss Adlebloom."
Jeffry says after a little pause to ask the Virtual Adept.
"I want to examine the item first to see what the rote you could not identify is mea filius, once that is done if I determine that it is safe to remove I can destroy it, but I want to know what I am dealing with first and be sure that destroying the item do not trigger the effect."
Your mentor says.

Duncan looks at you and nods.
"I am keeping the engines running Mr Roth Hicks, we are ready to go."
The Verbena said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Wednesday Afternoon:
I'm not taking any chances. Ok then, i'll ask her wen she can come and i'll give you a heads up. Other matter ¿how can i get in the class of another mages? i'm willing to learn but i've seen no schedule around.

Friday Morning:
Hello, master Tellar. Tane Gave out a big broad hand. Could you please go out? I wouldn't like to disturb Beatrice. Said Tane, that grew worried as he got to the place.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Wednesday afternoon:

I'm not taking any chances. Ok then, i'll ask her wen she can come and i'll give you a heads up. Other matter ¿how can i get in the class of another mages? i'm willing to learn but i've seen no schedule around.

"There are not allot of classes at the Chantry. I know Master Nassa held one in the healing arts for a while, and Adjan one of our Euthanatoi run a knife fighting class, and well then we have the classes on spirit communication you are going to teach, anything else you will have to negotiate out for yourself."
Narim said then he nodded.
"I am not so sure the newly Awakened one will understand what exactly you are asking their though as a Nephandi spirit might not be that easy to recognize, but you can always ask her."
The Master of the Art said.

Friday morning:

Hello, master Tellar. Tane Gave out a big broad hand. Could you please go out? I wouldn't like to disturb Beatrice. Said Tane, that grew worried as he got to the place.

"Call me Cita."
The Spirit Master said.
"Everyone do."
She said as she shook you hand then she pointed down the corridor.
"Beatrice is in that room over there, this is my room while I am here so this apartment should be fine."
She said. Amadeus nods.
"Yes I left a visiting member of our Coven to watch over Beatrice while I went to introduce you to Master Telar Mr Karyak, but I do not want to leave her side for long so we should hurry with what we are doing."
The Verbena said impatiently.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:33 am

He put the front seat back and then gestured to Raymond to sit down in the passenger side front. "Sit here, don't touch the phone." Then he opened the glove box and put the phone on speaker, placed it inside and got into the back seat. "You're on speaker, tell me when you're done. Ready," he said and watched carefully in the event something went awry or instructions were forthcoming, especially the one that said 'leave now.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:23 am

Wednesday Afternoon.
I see then. WHo can teach me about Mind, then? DO we have any Akhashic brother in the chantry?

We don't loose anything trying to explain. We will have to do it eventually.

Friday Morning:
AH, sorry, i though you have brought her here. Tane nodded and they all entered. Upon entering, Tane said Well, i'm here to help. I can show Beatrice her avatar, and i'm a dreamspeaker, so i have some relation with spirits, if we need their help. I also have a friend back home that's a wereshark, he can pass to the Umbra with painkillers, give them to a friendly spirit i know off and it can bring the painkiller to the penumbra. At least i think.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:30 am

Adley:

Raymond got in a bit nervously he nodded to your description though.
"Okey Miss Adlebloom is working on her rote now Adley."
You hear your mentor say, and in the next momAdleblooment there is a crackling feeling in the air, then you feel the presence of magick, for a while there is silence then Jeffry say.
"Well I should be able to remove this..."
Then he addresses Raymond.
"Now young man please just sit still and hold out your wrist, please be very still."
The old mage said. Raymond hesitantly did what he was asked and then there was the familiar feeling of your mentor's magick, you think you could recognize that as easily as his face, it was wild, like a powerful, graceful horse though perfectly controlled. The feeling lasted for only only moment then the bracelet burst into flam and turned to nothing as if it had been made of guncotton and not leather. Raymond yelped but it was surprise and not pain for when the flash of flame was over, while his wrist was full of ash, there was not a mark on his pale skin, a testament to Jeffry Morgan's skill with his art, the Flambeau could not just destroy with massive rotes, he could control the magick he cast to minute detail.
"Now you can get out of there."
Your mentor said.
"Miss Adlebloom will close the portal now. We can discuss what the bracelet did once we are back at the Chantry. Go, while the effect is gone if Lisa Larson is half the mage she appears to be she will know her magick have been undone and you do not want to face her."

Tane:

Wednesday afternoon:

I see then. WHo can teach me about Mind, then? DO we have any Akashic Brother in the chantry?

"We do indeed have an Akashic Brother in the Chantry a Disciple, I will be glad to introduce him to you if you think you can understand his Paradigm."
Narim offered.
"I study Mind myself to some proficiency but I doubt you will understand mine and I am about to take a student, a young woman who is now very near her Awakening. Our leader the Deacon Primus George Steelhaven is at least an Master of Mind and I am sure there are others. What if you put up a note down in the common room saying you are looking for instruction, what types of Paradigms you can understand what what you can trade for such tutoring."
The Master of the Art suggested, then he nodded.
"Well do explain to her then I will leave that to you Mr Karyak."

Friday morning:

AH, sorry, i though you have brought her here. Tane nodded and they all entered. Upon entering, Tane said Well, i'm here to help.

"We thought it best she stay in her own bedchamber where she feel the most safe."
Amadeus said and Cita nods.
"Yes and I have another patient in bad condition so I can not stay with her all the time unfortunately, a young Orphan in the final stages of vampire blood poisoning, if you know what that do to a mage."
The Virtual Adept explained.

I can show Beatrice her avatar, and i'm a dreamspeaker, so i have some relation with spirits, if we need their help. I also have a friend back home that's a wereshark, he can pass to the Umbra with painkillers, give them to a friendly spirit i know off and it can bring the painkiller to the penumbra. At least i think.

"Hum...you can show Beatrice her Avatar?"
Cita asked then she said.
"The question is can you do it without using powerful magick to force it to manifest? For doing hat to it right you can damage it severely in the weakened state she is currently in."
The Master of the Art said then she sigh.
"A wereshark no less, I am afraid that will not help though, there is the thing I can lump this chair here into the pen, near, middle or deep umbra and bring it back, it will still be just a chair, it will not have become spirit. However perhaps if someone was tied down and tortured in this chair or some amazing discovery that shaped human existence was done by someone sitting on it then it would get an existence in the Umbra, it would get a spiritual representation of itself, that is what we are looking for. If it was just brining painkillers into the Umbra that would not be a problem, I repair Avatars and spirits for a living, it really would not be a problem, however that is not enough, the painkillers would have to be spirit completely and that can only happen if some event have made them so. Now the wraiths have such supplies, however they have never been very willing to share."
Cita explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:13 am

When the kid yelped he looked at his wrist, thinking he'd gotten singed but no, he was just surprised at the sudden sprout of precision directed fire. His mentor had finesse and years of experience, as he'd just been reminded; Raymond was fine. He said to them, "Hang up when you're finished. Thank you." At the prompting that they could go and the second he felt the portal close he told Duncan, "Go! Our home." He didn't need to know at the moment what the rote was, only that it was off and the item destroyed and they could get the hell out of there. He was if anything more avidly concerned for being followed or intercepted than before.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:19 am

The feeling of magick vanished and you hear the phone click as your mentor hang up on his end. Duncan do not have to be told twice he put the car in motion and drove away from there as fast as the speed limit would allow, it just would not do to get arrested for speeding right now.
"Whoever that was that you where talking with Theo he is good, there is not a mark."
Raymond say as he looks at his wrist, brushing ash away from it, his mother looks quite concerned but as the boy appear to be fine she calms down though she did have a worried look on her face, she as frightened for the fate of her son.

It appeared no one was following you, Duncan drove towards Steelhaven though he took a few detours now and again just in case you where followed but there did not appear to be anyone. You see Adjan is using his dice again, perhaps looking for magick or supernatural pursuers.
"We should be fine."
The Euthanatoi said, and at that Duncan drone to Steelaven, maneuvering the car into a lot at the garage.
"So this is it, the lion's den my father have always warned me about."
Raymond said nervously and his mother put a hand on his shoulder. Adjan sigh.
"Perhaps it is kid, but it is a fairly nice lion's den. Do not worry just yet, we have some people here that are pretty good at pulling solutions out of their behinds, if you pardon the expression madam."
He said to Marie and the true believer just smiles a little and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:51 am

"Whoever that was that you where talking with Theo he is good, there is not a mark." Raymond say as he looks at his wrist, brushing ash away from it...

Adley smiled at that. Yes, his mentor was good. Very good. His attention went to Marie a moment and then his attention was on the trip until the dice drew his attention again and he nodded at Adjan's declaration with the dice. It was welcome news but they weren't back, not yet.

"So this is it, the lion's den my father have always warned me about." Raymond said nervously and his mother put a hand on his shoulder.
Adjan sigh."Perhaps it is kid, but it is a fairly nice lion's den. Do not worry just yet, we have some people here that are pretty good at pulling solutions out of their behinds, if you pardon the expression madam."

Adley got out of the car, went around to the side with Raymond and popped open the door. He got Adjan his phone back, then stood waiting to escort the pair and their Verbena guest. "Could you please let them know we are here? Thank you," he said, holding the phone back out to Adjan and meaning more than thanks for that one thing, but for everything. He knew that his pater wouldn't want the boy and his mother to be let free to roam and wasn't sure if there had been a place secured for them while they'd travelled. To Mr Ackermann he said, "And thank your assistance as well." Then he turned his attention back to Raymond and his mother.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:21 am

Adjan took his phone and put it in his pocket.
"You know I have a phone in my drawer that I never use anymore, it is not much but until you get a new one you can have it if you like."
The Euthanatos offered as he offered his hand to Marie to help the lady out of the car then he nodded.
"I will let them know Adley."
Adjan said and hurried into the main Chantry.

Duncan nodded he gave a nod.
"It was no trouble Mr Roth Hicks. Now if you do not mind while I am here I think I will say hello to Rush and Nassa, you Hermetics do not have Covens, but Verbena do, and while ours are spread over three different Chantries we are as close as any Cabal."
The shape shifting mage said with a smile.

Raymond glanced around he looked down.
"Will I be thrown in a dungeon or something?"
He asked.
"My dear this do not really look like a place that have a dungeon."
Marie said but she to looked a bit worried about how her son would be treated.

After about two minutes Adjan came back together with your mentor and Darrian Haagen. Jeffry looked tired and you notice that one side of his face and what you could see of his left arm was covered in fresh, newly healed skin, the color o much more glaring against his dark complexion than it would be against yours, whatever had happened to him ha needed allot of healing for this was not patches of new skin it appeared to be one side of his body.
"Is this the boy mea filius?"
Jeffry asked as he reached you and the guests, he gave a nod to Duncan.
"Mr Ackermann."
He said politely and the Verbena returned the nod.
"Master Morgan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:53 am

Adjan took his phone and put it in his pocket. "You know I have a phone in my drawer that I never use anymore, it is not much but until you get a new one you can have it if you like."

"I would be very grateful for that generosity, thank you." He nodded and then added, "I owe you one."

"It was no trouble Mr Roth Hicks. Now if you do not mind while I am here I think I will say hello to Rush and Nassa, you Hermetics do not have Covens, but Verbena do, and while ours are spread over three different Chantries we are as close as any Cabal."

"The latter you might find to be busy with some matters however if they are available of course."

Raymond glanced around he looked down. "Will I be thrown in a dungeon or something?" He asked.
"My dear this do not really look like a place that have a dungeon."

"We will have to find arrangements while you both are here that will keep everyone safe," he said.

"Is this the boy mea filius?"

Adley's eyes narrowed as he saw his mentor's face but he did not let his attention linger over it for too long, or draw attention to it. Almost as bad was how tired he looked. But he kept going, even after it looked like he'd taken some fairly serious injury. Pushing aside his personal concern, he nodded to Mr Haagen and then answered, "Yes, this is Raymond Danbrock and his mother, Marie. As I said, Raymond has agreed to come here of his own accord, tell us what he knows, and stay away from the ritual this weekend as well if we can keep his mother safe. His father is in the hospital, having suffered injuries at the hand of that woman when he tried to fight her off. I believe he is a hedge wizard...Mr Danbrock is a widderslainte. However, he has been fighting his urges and wants to help stop her. So, here we are. Raymond, this is the man that you complimented earlier. Shall we find somewhere else to continue this discussion?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:30 am

"I would be very grateful for that generosity, thank you." He nodded and then added, "I owe you one."

Adjan shrugs as he begins to walk of.
"Don't worry about it, buy me a beer the next time we actually have the chance to relax. Just drop by my room later and I will find the old phone for you."
The Euthanatos said.

"The latter you might find to be busy with some matters however if they are available of course."

"I know one of us are badly hurt Mr Roth Hicks. One of the branches on our Life Tree withered last night, which is one of the reason I want to catch up with my Cabal to find out what have happened."
Duncan said with concern in his eyes.
"But off course I would never take one of my friends away from important work."

"We will have to find arrangements while you both are here that will keep everyone safe," he said.

"That is a nice way to say dungeon."
Raymond muttered and sigh.

"Yes, this is Raymond Danbrock and his mother, Marie. As I said, Raymond has agreed to come here of his own accord, tell us what he knows, and stay away from the ritual this weekend as well if we can keep his mother safe.

Jeffry extended his hand towards Marie fist and then Raymond.
"Mrs Danbrock, Mr Danbrock, my name is Jeffry Morgan I am Chief of Security at this Chantry, I will explain terms you do not understand as we go along, a Chantry is a place where mages meet and live together to learn from one another for for mutual protection."
Your mentor said politely then he continued.
"I know that it might not always seam so Mr Danbrock but I do appreciate your courage in coming here."
Jeffry said and Raymond gave a faint smile.
"Well I em...I guess I had to to keep my mom safe Sir."
He muttered and Jeffry said.
"We will do our best, ehm is she a Sleeper?"
Your mentor said the last question directed at you.

His father is in the hospital, having suffered injuries at the hand of that woman when he tried to fight her off. I believe he is a hedge wizard...Mr Danbrock is a widderslainte. However, he has been fighting his urges and wants to help stop her.

Jeffry nods.
"Well we will have to send someone to see if they can heal Mr Danbrock senior then and get him to safety in case the Nephandi try to get at our guest though him."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"More widderslainte...they do seam to be in season at the moment."
Jeffry muttered under his breath.

So, here we are. Raymond, this is the man that you complimented earlier. Shall we find somewhere else to continue this discussion?"

"The one who got the bracelet off?"
Raymond said and for a moment he gave a big smile.
"That was sweet, what else can you do?"
He asked Jeffry and your mentor gave a chuckle.
"Well for now as my apprentice suggests let us take this to my office and continue the discussion there."
The old war mage said and begun to lead the way into the main Chantry. As you walk Raymond whispered nervously to his mother.
"They call their places Chantries, it is like with those vampires, the ones dad said I could run even harder from than these guys."
The boy muttered and he looked quite fearful.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Adjan shrugs as he begins to walk of. "Don't worry about it, buy me a beer the next time we actually have the chance to relax. Just drop by my room later and I will find the old phone for you."

"I will, thanks."

"I know one of us are badly hurt Mr Roth Hicks. One of the branches on our Life Tree withered last night, which is one of the reason I want to catch up with my Cabal to find out what have happened." Duncan said with concern in his eyes. "But off course I would never take one of my friends away from important work."

He frowned, suddenly worrying after Beatrice all the more. "I see. Of course; I am not familiar with where you might find Mr Rush at the moment."

"That is a nice way to say dungeon." Raymond muttered and sigh.

"I did not say you were going to be put into a dungeon. However, keeping you and your mother safe as well as all that are already here is a consideration." He paused and then looked at them both. Finally he added, since they were bound to hear it eventually and might as well from him, "Since you are here now, my name is Adley Roth Hicks." He didn't apologise for telling them otherwise; even if it had not been necessary it had seemed prudent at the time.

Jeffry said. "We will do our best, ehm is she a Sleeper?" Your mentor said the last question directed at you.

"She has been aware of the use of magick for some time, through her husband and now her son. Raymond has told me that she does not seem to incur the same weight of paradox as a normal sleeper, is that not so?" He looked back at the young man for confirmation.

"Well we will have to send someone to see if they can heal Mr Danbrock senior then and get him to safety in case the Nephandi try to get at our guest though him." The old mage said then he nodded

"There may be additional concern, since he is in a hospital," he said, meaning the Technocracy. He asked Marie, "Which hospital is he at do you know? General?" Then he turned back to his mentor. "His father..." he looked back at the family, "I'm sorry what was his first name again?" Then he continued, "He does not have much trust in the Traditions; he has tried to keep Raymond from the Traditions for a long while. The Traditions and every other faction," he added.

"The one who got the bracelet off?" Raymond said and for a moment he gave a big smile. "That was sweet, what else can you do?" He asked Jeffry and your mentor gave a chuckle.

Adley smiled a little as well, watching them. If he could laugh with half of his body burned and exhausted..."Yes, the one that got your bracelet off."

"Well for now as my apprentice suggests let us take this to my office and continue the discussion there." The old war mage said and begun to lead the way into the main Chantry.

They weren't going straight to a holding room. That was somewhat surprising but they had an escort which was prudent. He walked along with them, mentally counting up how many guests they had at the moment. They might not be a castle with a dungeon but a chantry was in essence the modern equivalent and they were behind their fortified walls now at least.

As you walk Raymond whispered nervously to his mother. "They call their places Chantries, it is like with those vampires, the ones dad said I could run even harder from than these guys." The boy muttered and he looked quite fearful.

He tipped his head at them and then shook his head as he heard him. The Tremere...couldn't they have taken their own names, but no, they continued to use theirs, if anything as entrenched as the Order was about terms and names. "While there are some vampires that share the word for their own fortified abodes, the term itself was in use by the early medieval period. It derives from the French word 'to sing' by way of the Latin word cantere, down from its derivative root cantaria, 'license to sing a mass.' Therefore in a mundane sense, the word's origins are rooted in the expansion of the church; in our usage, the word has has come to mean what my pater has said." And the Tremere kept using it, when they became what they were, but he didn't say so, he just kept walking along hoping that the explanation would help for the moment.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next