Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Adley Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:58 pm

"Thank you Adjan, that is very helpful. One last thing. If we move the cat from the building, does that also remove the Risen from the area? In other words, should I ask someone to deal the cat at the site?" He didn't want to haunt the Chantry, that would be the last thing they needed, so he figured it would have to happen on-site. Which meant finding a healer and bringing them out there or calling one in and having them go there with someone else.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:07 pm

"No it will not...think of it as a phylactery, the Risen will need it to access their powers, to draw the energy they need to exist and probably for other things as well, but the cat is just a cat, though without it the Risen will eventually be destroyed and they can no longer abandon their body, it have to physically get up and follow the cat if it want to do so. A Risen are completely physical, in fact if you do not know what to look for it is impossible to separate them from vampires so they often hide among their society, they are not dangerous to us the way vampires are though, but their appearance, energy, aura, everything is the same, though weaknesses and basic being is not."
Adjan explained.
"My mentor met one once, when he tried to give what he thought was a vampire the Good Death and decapitated him, the being just picked his head back up, demanded my mentor pay for the dry cleaning of his suit and walked of."
The Euthanatos said and shrugged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 pm

A Risen are completely physical, in fact if you do not know what to look for it is impossible to separate them from vampires so they often hide among their society, they are not dangerous to us the way vampires are though, but their appearance, energy, aura, everything is the same, though weaknesses and basic being is not."

"Ah, I see. That is...fascinating and strange indeed." And complicated, as Adjan had said, he knew how to pick them.

He turned to Mr Padilla. "This may sound like a strange request but if you have a towel or small blanket, a canvas tarp...and perhaps some food that a cat would eat, can of tuna, cheese, leftover lunch, if it is handy...or if there is someone here that is skilled in the art of Life enough that they can assist in extending the life of an elderly cat?"

Then to Adjan again, "Will you please call the Chief and let him know what is going on and that we are pursing a lead to find out where the Master is?" He didn't think that Amadeus would be inclined to help anyone who laid hands on his apprentice's avatar so they might need to call someone else in if there was no-one at Westchapel that could manage those feats.

He walked back over to the  spirit to speak with it. "We will agree to try to help your friend while they are in the state that is linked to the cat-conduit. We will try to extend its life and heal it to a greater degree, though it will not last indefinitely.  However, we cannot protect it from its own kind once it has transitioned to the state of spirit again, what we call a ghost. Instead, we will see if it is possible to find another way to maintain your friend's state in a less perishable conduit than an animal. To help, we may need to bring the cat to one of our healers. Also, to ensure that your friend knows that we are trying to help them and not take their conduit against their will, is there something I might tell them to let them know I have spoken with you? Or would you come with us? In the interest of mutuality, would you consider telling us the information regarding the maga's whereabouts when you went to see her now so that we may begin preparing for helping your friend as well as the maga? Are these terms acceptable?"

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Colin shook his head, "It's not a problem... Discussing it with one or two people, I can manage. Crowds, staring at me... that is where I start breaking down. Especially if I have to try to talk to them. Worse than Colin Firth in the King's Speech, if you are familiar with that film."
He smiled wryly, "In any case, yes, saving lives is a far more precious thing than merely good looks... though I personally lean more toward minimizing suffering than saving lives at any cost."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Adley:

"Ah, I see. That is...fascinating and strange indeed." And complicated, as Adjan had said, he knew how to pick them.

Adjan nodded and smiles a little.
"Well we live in a fascinating and strange world."
The Euthanatos said.

He turned to Mr Padilla. "This may sound like a strange request but if you have a towel or small blanket, a canvas tarp...and perhaps some food that a cat would eat, can of tuna, cheese, leftover lunch, if it is handy...or if there is someone here that is skilled in the art of Life enough that they can assist in extending the life of an elderly cat?"

"Ehm...well I do not have these things in the workshop but gathering them from a bathroom and the kitchen should not take long."
Josef said and raised an eyebrow.
"As for Life...ehm...well the Verbena should be, we have tree of them, I guess when it comes to healing animals Duncan is the best, he is a Bjornær...but all of them are good healers, I could go find him and the items in question but what do a cat have to do with this?"
The technomancer asked and looked puzzled.

Then to Adjan again, "Will you please call the Chief and let him know what is going on and that we are pursing a lead to find out where the Master is?"

"Will do."
Adjan said and fished his phone out of his pocket, he dialed the number and begun to explain the situation to the old Hermetic.

He walked back over to the spirit to speak with it. "We will agree to try to help your friend while they are in the state that is linked to the cat-conduit. We will try to extend its life and heal it to a greater degree, though it will not last indefinitely.

The spirit regarded you then she nodded.
"Thank you and I know that anything physically alive will eventually rot, I understand that, but you can give my friend more time."

However, we cannot protect it from its own kind once it has transitioned to the state of spirit again, what we call a ghost. Instead, we will see if it is possible to find another way to maintain your friend's state in a less perishable conduit than an animal.

"I understand and that is acceptable."
The spirit say then she glanced at you with those coal eyes
"If it is possible to change the vessel for her conduit that would be ideal yes."
The Umbrood agreed then she added.
"And my friend is a she, not an it...I am an it, I am neither male nor female, such a distinction is meaningless to me, I have taken this form because it let her relate to me, so me you can call he, she or it as you please, but she is female."
The spirit said sternly.

To help, we may need to bring the cat to one of our healers. Also, to ensure that your friend knows that we are trying to help them and not take their conduit against their will, is there something I might tell them to let them know I have spoken with you? Or would you come with us?

"I will have to go with you, for her kind their conduit is very precious, not only do it maintain her existence but it contain a part of her. When she eventually are destroyed only through her conduit can she have a chance to become something more than gone, she i just a memory made entity but she can become more at the moment of her destruction but without her conduit she will just become nothingness, only I can persuade her."
The spirit said.

In the interest of mutuality, would you consider telling us the information regarding the maga's whereabouts when you went to see her now so that we may begin preparing for helping your friend as well as the maga? Are these terms acceptable?"

"These terms are agreeable. If you sear to try to help my friend I will tell you where she is. It is easier for me to show you though, make a map...if you have some paper that are not to flammable."

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "It's not a problem... Discussing it with one or two people, I can manage. Crowds, staring at me... that is where I start breaking down. Especially if I have to try to talk to them. Worse than Colin Firth in the King's Speech, if you are familiar with that film."

"I have seen it...well I have gotten used to avoiding crowds myself, Susannah do not like them."
Micah said and patted his charge on the arm, the girl did not much react.
"The airport must have been a difficult place then, you could have asked us to meet you outside instead you know."
The Mercere said kindly.

He smiled wryly, "In any case, yes, saving lives is a far more precious thing than merely good looks... though I personally lean more toward minimizing suffering than saving lives at any cost."

Micha sigh and stare into the distance for a moment.
"Yeah...there are worse things than death."
He mutters.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Colin glanced sideways at Freddy and smiled, "I had a good distraction. In any case, I would rather not risk leaving you alone and exposed any longer than necessary. I'm probably going to have a bit of the shakes when we get back safely and I am back to a less tense environment, but for now I'm still in combat mode, as it were..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:21 pm

"Ehm...well I do not have these things in the workshop but gathering them from a bathroom and the kitchen should not take long."
Josef said and raised an eyebrow. "As for Life...ehm...well the Verbena should be, we have tree of them, I guess when it comes to healing animals Duncan is the best, he is a Bjornær...but all of them are good healers, I could go find him and the items in question but what do a cat have to do with this?"

"Your relative took this spirit from the side of its dying friend to deliver the message to you...a type of embodied wraith that is linked to an elderly cat that Mr Terach says is called a Risen. When the spirit tried to manifest itself by the Master again, it was attacked with magick and came back here. For the information that it has about where it found her and what it saw, she wants the cat's life extended so that her friend can persist. Perhaps also the part of her friend that is linked to the cat can be put into a different receptacle, one that is longer lasting than a cat," he explained.

"Will do."...Adjan said...

"Try to be succinct on details, the 'paranoia' feeling is still there."

And my friend is a she, not an it...I am an it, I am neither male nor female, such a distinction is meaningless to me, I have taken this form because it let her relate to me, so me you can call he, she or it as you please, but she is female."
The spirit said sternly.

"Pardon me, I did not mean to offend you or her," he apologized. "I am more accustomed to speaking with spirits such as yourself rather than ghosts or ones like your friend. It might help if I knew her name."

"I will have to go with you...only I can persuade her."

"Very well. I would ask you to persuade her not to harm us, either if you are able. For that would not do any good."

"These terms are agreeable. If you sear to try to help my friend I will tell you where she is. It is easier for me to show you though, make a map...if you have some paper that are not to flammable."

"Good. I would like to know the area that we are going to go into first before I swear, in the event is in an area that we cannot go into. I will not make a promise that would create such conflict as it would not be beneficial to either of us," he explained. "As for material, let me see what is available," he said. He went back to Mr Padilla and Adjan. "One last thing, do you happen to have some non-flammable paper or other material that the spirit can turn into a map, to show where she materialised when she went to find the Master?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:44 am

Colin:

Colin glanced sideways at Freddy and smiled, "I had a good distraction. In any case, I would rather not risk leaving you alone and exposed any longer than necessary. I'm probably going to have a bit of the shakes when we get back safely and I am back to a less tense environment, but for now I'm still in combat mode, as it were..."

Freddy glance at you and give you a warm smile then she turned her eyes back to the road. Micah nodded.
"Well thank you for your concern for our safety Mr Wainwright but I am sure we could have gotten safely out of the airport, but in either case I appreciate it."
The Mercere said.
"I know the feeling of just having to pres on well though."
He commented and sigh.

Freddy eventually swing into Steelhaven's garage and park her car.
"Well folks we are here, the garage might not be much to look at though."
The Virtual Adept comments.

Adley:

"Your relative took this spirit from the side of its dying friend to deliver the message to you...a type of embodied wraith that is linked to an elderly cat that Mr Terach says is called a Risen.

Josef sigh then he nods.
"I have never heard of such a creature but I do not doubt it. Jacqueline is dare to me and have never shown me anything but kindness but she have little regards for anyone who are not mages...unfortunately."

When the spirit tried to manifest itself by the Master again, it was attacked with magick and came back here.

"So we know she is definitively in trouble then."
The Etherite said with a worried look in his eyes.

For the information that it has about where it found her and what it saw, she wants the cat's life extended so that her friend can persist. Perhaps also the part of her friend that is linked to the cat can be put into a different receptacle, one that is longer lasting than a cat," he explained.

"Very well...I guess I will go and gather the items you spoke of then Mr Roth Hicks."
The Technomancer said, he did not seam like he needed more of an explanation he just put down his tools and said.
"I will be back in a moment."

"Try to be succinct on details, the 'paranoia' feeling is still there."

"I have been fighting in his war for a while Mr Roth Hicks, I am sure I can figure out what to say."
Adjan said with a smile.

"Pardon me, I did not mean to offend you or her," he apologized. "I am more accustomed to speaking with spirits such as yourself rather than ghosts or ones like your friend. It might help if I knew her name."

"I accept your apology."
The spirit said as she peered at you with those dark eyes and cocked her hear to the side.
"As for name, well I guess she will tell you anyway when you meet her as she do not know what one such as you can do with a name, she is called Danielle. Me you can call Embra, that is what she call me and before you waste your effort no it is not the name of my being, you are not getting that."

"Very well. I would ask you to persuade her not to harm us, either if you are able. For that would not do any good."

"She is not a raging maniac, she is a spirit that have retaken her own body, she persist on the energies generated by her own emotions, she do less of a harm to this world than you, there will be no reason for her to attack you, I will give her your offer of help and try to talk her into it and either she will accept and that will be good, or she will decline and you will leave her alone, it is as simple as that."
Embra said matter of factly.

"Good. I would like to know the area that we are going to go into first before I swear, in the event is in an area that we cannot go into. I will not make a promise that would create such conflict as it would not be beneficial to either of us," he explained.

"Hum...I understand your concern mage and if you are truthful then being careful with when you give your word is a good sign, but how do I know that when I give you the information you seek you will not take it and go and not offer to help my friend, it is not like your kind have given me much reason to trust you, I live near physical reality to be near my friend so mages have gotten their hands on my many times, commanded me to do trivial tasks, hurt me, very few have ever asked for help, why should I trust that you will treat me any better?"
The Spirit said and narrowed it's coals at you.

he said. He went back to Mr Padilla and Adjan. "One last thing, do you happen to have some non-flammable paper or other material that the spirit can turn into a map, to show where she materialised when she went to find the Master?"

"Most paper are flammable Mr Roth Hicks, but I have some heavy duty construction paper I use to line designs with at times up on that shelf."
The Son of Ether say and points, he had been on his way out the door to get the supplies you asked for but stopped and tuned back when you spoke to him. The paper he pointed at was a roll of very heavy, coarse material tucked away on a shelf of tools and supplies.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I have an eye infection and could not stare at a screen any longer last night.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:20 am

"So we know she is definitively in trouble then." The Etherite said with a worried look in his eyes.

"I would say it is likely." He frowned.

"Very well...I guess I will go and gather the items you spoke of then Mr Roth Hicks." The Technomancer said, he did not seam like he needed more of an explanation he just put down his tools and said. "I will be back in a moment."

"I'm sorry, hang on a moment. It might be easier to bring a healer to the cat, if they are willing to do so. There is a potential for danger, however. No one with the art of Time, of course...if they are not, then we will have to bring it back here, and back again."

"As for name, well I guess she will tell you anyway when you meet her as she do not know what one such as you can do with a name, she is called Danielle. Me you can call Embra, that is what she call me and before you waste your effort no it is not the name of my being, you are not getting that."

"Very well, Embra. I have not yet asked for your Name - under the circumstances that you are already bound to another and under their command and also I am not trying to bind you, only reach an agreement for us both that will be satisfactory." It seemed she'd had many a mage grab her Name at any opportunity.

"She is not a raging maniac, she is a spirit that have retaken her own body, she persist on the energies generated by her own emotions, she do less of a harm to this world than you, there will be no reason for her to attack you, I will give her your offer of help and try to talk her into it and either she will accept and that will be good, or she will decline and you will leave her alone, it is as simple as that."

"Very well. I did not suggest she was a maniac." He couldn't fault himself for considering danger though, adding to the fact that he did not control this spirit, and was going on its Word. Some spirits and other summoned beings could and did lie, or were very crafty in their own way, especially if they did not care to be called upon by mages. As he had not much of an understanding of this one and no previous experience with it or vouch by another, he knew this was a bit riskier than usual but of course it was the best lead they had and they had to follow it up.

"I live near physical reality to be near my friend so mages have gotten their hands on my many times, commanded me to do trivial tasks, hurt me, very few have ever asked for help, why should I trust that you will treat me any better?"

"I have been taught to regard spirits courteously when possible and when it makes sense to the spirit called and to create an accord that is fair when the situation is not hostile. Also, I have been taught to seek spirits in magnitude and type to the task asked of them, given their natures. Given that you have had difficulties with other magii and this current situation, I understand why you are reluctant to trust me. However, I am trusting you as well in order to help along both of our goals. I will swear that I will try to help or seek aid for your friend in the ways described if the area that we are going to is not prohibited to us or excessively dangerous to us and if there is nothing between that prevents our passage there. If the area or situation turns out to be more than we can handle or if there are dangers to us that present themselves that require immediate attention, or if where your friend is, is very far away from here, I may need to get help and there may be delay in time. Is that satisfactory?"

Most paper are flammable Mr Roth Hicks, but I have some heavy duty construction paper I use to line designs with at times up on that shelf."The Son of Ether say and points, he had been on his way out the door to get the supplies you asked for but stopped and tuned back when you spoke to him

"I know paper is flammable, however any material that a map can be created upon and not go up in immediate flames should hopefully work." He took the paper indicated and folded it over for the spirit and brought it back to it, offering it out.

// Ouch, I hope your eye feels better soon!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:08 am

"I would say it is likely." He frowned.

Josef sigh he did not like to hear that.

"I'm sorry, hang on a moment. It might be easier to bring a healer to the cat, if they are willing to do so. There is a potential for danger, however. No one with the art of Time, of course...if they are not, then we will have to bring it back here, and back again."

"I do not think Duncan study time but I could ask him, and at the same time ask him if he want to go with you to help."
The Etherite offered.

"Very well, Embra. I have not yet asked for your Name - under the circumstances that you are already bound to another and under their command and also I am not trying to bind you, only reach an agreement for us both that will be satisfactory." It seemed she'd had many a mage grab her Name at any opportunity.

The spirit just nodded at that though she still regarded you suspiciously.

"Very well. I did not suggest she was a maniac."

"Good, in either case in my experience with your kind you are not exactly helpless, I am sure you can hold your own against one spirit in a body."
Embra said, she never took those coal eyes of you.

"I have been taught to regard spirits courteously when possible and when it makes sense to the spirit called and to create an accord that is fair when the situation is not hostile. Also, I have been taught to seek spirits in magnitude and type to the task asked of them, given their natures. Given that you have had difficulties with other magii and this current situation, I understand why you are reluctant to trust me. However, I am trusting you as well in order to help along both of our goals.

Embra glanced at you as you spoke then she sigh, a surprisingly human gesture.
"I guess you are trusting me as well mage, it is just that so many of your kind see Umbrood as little but magickal tools to be called and commanded at will, but we have minds we are beings, granted ou free will are limited, even I who imitate human behavior to be a better companion to my friend have limitations, I can only imitate, I am a personification of burning wood, that is what I am but even so I do not like to be disturbed every time a mage want to put something on fire, they invented matches for that."

I will swear that I will try to help or seek aid for your friend in the ways described if the area that we are going to is not prohibited to us or excessively dangerous to us and if there is nothing between that prevents our passage there. If the area or situation turns out to be more than we can handle or if there are dangers to us that present themselves that require immediate attention, or if where your friend is, is very far away from here, I may need to get help and there may be delay in time. Is that satisfactory?"

Embra nodded satisfied.
"That is acceptable mage, you have a deal."
She said simply.

"I know paper is flammable, however any material that a map can be created upon and not go up in immediate flames should hopefully work." He took the paper indicated and folded it over for the spirit and brought it back to it, offering it out.

The Umbrood glanced at the paper and nodded then she put her smoky hand on it.
"This is where we are now."
She said as fire spread from her hand and begun to draw a map of parts the city in lines and soot, you notice a gas station at the limit of the main city area and then a house near it are marked.
"This is where the mage that have bound me is."
Embra said as she withdrew her hand from the map she had just made. Adjan glanced at the map that gown drawn in flamed on the table.
"Interesting did you you your new spirit friend do that Mr Roth Hicks?"
The Euthaanatos asked.

(OOC: Thank you yes it will I get these infections all the time my eyes are to big so they open when I sleep and dry out and get better pretty quickly.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:31 am

Colin climbed out of the car and gently opened Susannah's door for her, ready to help her out once Micah unlatched her seat belt. "Quite; welcome to Steelhaven Hall. If you would kindly follow me to your apartment; I'm afraid our Security Chief's summoned me to his office, and if I don't show up soon, he might summon me again, but with five candles and a circle this time. And Freddy? Thank you; I believe I've got it from here."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:05 am

Susannah did not move as you stand there, Micah sigh as he unlatched her seatbelt.
"You have to nudge her Mr Wainwright, she do very little of her own volition but there is not much that is needed to make her act, she do, wake up every now and again when something catch her attention enough, but it is not often."
The Mercere said as he climbed out of the car himself as well.
"And thank you for your welcome and for picking us up, both of you."
Micah added politely.

The Mercere nodded and begun to follow you, he grinned a little at your joke. Freddy smiles to you.
"Any time Colin, I will see you around."
The young Virtual Adept said and headed for her room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:07 am

"I do not think Duncan study time but I could ask him, and at the same time ask him if he want to go with you to help."
The Etherite offered.

"Thank you."

Embra nodded satisfied. "That is acceptable mage, you have a deal." She said simply.

"Good," he agreed. "We have a deal then."

The Umbrood glanced at the paper and nodded then she put her smoky hand on it. "This is where we are now." She said as fire spread from her hand and begun to draw a map of parts the city in lines and soot, you notice a gas station at the limit of the main city area and then a house near it are marked. "This is where the mage that have bound me is."

Adley watched as she formed the map with fire, the trails curling and showing the city etched out in charcoal black. From the configuration, he tried to figure out just where on a regular map it would be, using where they were as a starting point.

"Interesting did you you your new spirit friend do that Mr Roth Hicks?" The Euthanatos asked.

"Indeed she did. I think we should get this information to the Chief as quickly as we can." 'Friend' was probably pushing it when it came to Embra but she hadn't treated him with hostility, just skeptically.  Though he didn't want to use the phone again, they needed to get to her before she got moved or worse. "Perhaps Lux Iternis can send someone over to check it out."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:04 am

Colin smiled weakly as he took Susannah's hand, "I am aware of this - I just did not want to try to drag her through the belt. Miss Florentine, if you please?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:09 am

Adley:

Adley watched as she formed the map with fire, the trails curling and showing the city etched out in charcoal black. From the configuration, he tried to figure out just where on a regular map it would be, using where they were as a starting point.

You have to compare with another map but you do think it should not be to hard to figure out where this is according to the map that Embra have burned into the think construction paper, and besides you recognize the gas station marked on the spirit's map so going from there it should not be hard to find the correct location.

"Indeed she did. I think we should get this information to the Chief as quickly as we can."

"I agree, should we drive to Steelhaven with this information or send him a message?"

"Perhaps Lux Iternis can send someone over to check it out."

"It is their mess so they should take part in fixing it. The way I see it we either bring this to the Chief as quickly as we can and have him check it out or we bring it to the Hermetics directly. I do not think we should try any rescue operations ourselves whoever have this woman have taken out a Master of the Art, we would probably be little but annoyances to them if we came alone."
The Euthanatos commented.

Colin:

The Mercere girl did not look at you but she did stand up when you lead her out of the car, her hand limp in yours.
"Well if you just point us in the general direction of our room, we will not take up more of your time Mr Wainwright."
Micah said politely as you where on your way into the main part of the Chantry.
"You did say that you where in a hurry."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:47 am

Colin winked, "I'd feel impolite if I left you to your own devices here; I'm sure Chief Morgan can tolerate a few more minutes. It's the least I can do, as I was the one to invite you. This way."
He carefully led them up by what he estimated to be the most lightly populated route to 3-16, and swung the door open. "Here we are, your new home for the interim. I'm sure one of the Deacons, too, will come by to greet you eventually. For now, I'm afraid the kitchenette is rather unstocked, but if there's anything you need, call me, and I'll see what I can arrange."
He handed over a business card, and bowed. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a meeting."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:57 am

Colin winked, "I'd feel impolite if I left you to your own devices here; I'm sure Chief Morgan can tolerate a few more minutes. It's the least I can do, as I was the one to invite you. This way."

Micah nodded and he and his apprentice followed you through the Chantry and up to the room you had prepared for them. Along the way some of the mages at the Chantry stop to look at the guests but a they see Susannah, who some have heard rumors that would arrive today they look uneasy and quickly find somewhere else to be. Micah sigh.
"They treat her as if she was a leper, a if what is wrong with her is contagious."
The Mercere said and shake his head sadly.
"But then I do understand that she can be an uncomfortable sight."

He carefully led them up by what he estimated to be the most lightly populated route to 3-16, and swung the door open. "Here we are, your new home for the interim. I'm sure one of the Deacons, too, will come by to greet you eventually. For now, I'm afraid the kitchenette is rather unstocked, but if there's anything you need, call me, and I'll see what I can arrange."

There is only one route up unless you plan on climbing the building on the outside using the fire escapes.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Micah said as he glances into the apartment.
"We will be fine, eventually I have to get Susannah something to eat but there is now hurry."
The Messenger said and smiles, he led his charge into he room and had her sit down in one of the chairs.

He handed over a business card, and bowed. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a meeting."

Micah nods and take the card.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright. I will see you later."
The man said and gave you a small bow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:48 am

Colin sighed, "Memento Mori, I suppose... Nobody likes to be reminded of how easily everything can be ripped away..."

Eventually, Colin wound up at Morgan's door and knocked. "You sent for me, Sir?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:55 am

"No, I guess that no one want to be reminded of that...and I can not blame them..."
Micah said and sigh.
"I guess I just wish it was different, I worry for her and I want to protect her."

Jeffry Morgan opened the door to his office and nodded.
"Yes Mr Wainwright I sent for you, we need to talk about this woman, Hannah Larson."
The old mage said then he went back to his chair.
"Can I offer you a cup of coffee...now why do you not begin by telling me a more detailed account of your meeting with her."
The war mage said.
"For I have to say the situation with her worry me greatly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Colin held up a hand, "I'll pass on the coffee, Sir; I just had a rather substantial cup of hot chocolate after lunch. And I agree, the sittuation is worrying, to say the least. Now, I'm sure Master Steelhaven's little transcription rote would make this a little more accurate, but here goes..."
He went on to describe the excursion from the point the little group arrived at the apartment complex, how Hannah Larson reacted to Freddy's scrying, and how she initially accused the Magi of being her mother's lackeys, only being slightly less defensive when Colin attempted to placate her and confirming they were, in fact, Traditionalists, and how she reacted keenly when the group tried to make a move. "Of course, I expect you've already heard the recording of the conversation, and under the circumstances, discretion is indeed the better part of valour. I did not risk any spellcasting there to gauge her power, but under the assumption she was telling the truth, I fear she would likely have swept the floor with us had we tried anything - more training than any one of us, and she was on home turf as well. And I have a nagging feeling her snails, pretty as they are, are more than mere pets. I would hazard that she is at least less hostile to us than she might otherwise have been, though still suspicious. If we were to try anything, I would recommend attempting to pick her up at the University today, unless she has already finished her exam and gone home, or to work. At any rate, I would consider it too risky to come after her at home, unless we're sending in someone as violent as Mahatma Gandhi and as persuasive as, oh, Maximilien de Robespierre. I do not, however, believe we should just leave her to be collected by Lisa Larson and her band of miscreants. Perhaps... yes, as an idea, perhaps we could try to arrange for her to have a small vacation, care of House Mercere, this weekend? All expenses paid, of course, and perhaps a small symbolic donation to her tuition fund for staying out of Boston for the Sunday's ritual?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Colin held up a hand, "I'll pass on the coffee, Sir; I just had a rather substantial cup of hot chocolate after lunch. And I agree, the sittuation is worrying, to say the least. Now, I'm sure Master Steelhaven's little transcription rote would make this a little more accurate, but here goes..."

"Chocolate you say we had that when I was young as well, but then it was not sweet like now, it was a bitter drink like coffee."
Jeffry muttered.
"Well in either case yes I am sure that George could have made a report far more accurate but I do think words will do Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said as he poured himself a cup and sat down to listen to what you had to say.

He went on to describe the excursion from the point the little group arrived at the apartment complex, how Hannah Larson reacted to Freddy's scrying, and how she initially accused the Magi of being her mother's lackeys, only being slightly less defensive when Colin attempted to placate her and confirming they were, in fact, Traditionalists, and how she reacted keenly when the group tried to make a move.

The old Hermetic said nothing he only nodded and paid attention, sipping his coffee every now and again.

"Of course, I expect you've already heard the recording of the conversation, and under the circumstances, discretion is indeed the better part of valour. I did not risk any spellcasting there to gauge her power, but under the assumption she was telling the truth, I fear she would likely have swept the floor with us had we tried anything - more training than any one of us, and she was on home turf as well. And I have a nagging feeling her snails, pretty as they are, are more than mere pets.

"Snails? Well in either case last night, under the circumstances your call was the right one Mr Wainwright, and there is indeed no way to know what level of power this girl have, if she is Awakened she could have been more powerful than your team put together, it was not worth the risk at that time. However we can not let that woman go through the Cauls and damn her Avatar and give the Fallen another recruit, she needs to be brought into custody."

I would hazard that she is at least less hostile to us than she might otherwise have been, though still suspicious. If we were to try anything, I would recommend attempting to pick her up at the University today, unless she has already finished her exam and gone home, or to work. At any rate, I would consider it too risky to come after her at home, unless we're sending in someone as violent as Mahatma Gandhi and as persuasive as, oh, Maximilien de Robespierre.

"I to would prefer to take her away from sleepers to avoid the chance of anyone getting hurt in the crossfire, however that young woman have information that we need, I need more information about the Nephandi and if she will not give the information willingly then well...there are other methods."

I do not, however, believe we should just leave her to be collected by Lisa Larson and her band of miscreants. Perhaps... yes, as an idea, perhaps we could try to arrange for her to have a small vacation, care of House Mercere, this weekend? All expenses paid, of course, and perhaps a small symbolic donation to her tuition fund for staying out of Boston for the Sunday's ritual?"

"While it will keep her out of that Caul for now, it do not solve the larger problem Mr Wainwright, nor do it gain us the information we need, and from what you have said I doubt that this woman is easy to buy with money and gifts."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Colin smiled thinly and held his hands apart at roughly the right distance. "Snails, yes. Roughly this long, give or take an inch or two. They are rather exotic imports; African, I believe. As for apprehending her - I still recommend picking her up away from her apartment; if there should be an unfortunate scuffle in the streets, I suspect the casualties will yet be lower than if we were to assault her apartment and risk the collateral damage to her neighbours. Also, if we mean to acquire her in an... impolite fashion, I would rather not be at the front of it. If someone could provide me something like a tranquilizer rifle, however, I might be able to provide long-range support, but I fear I would be more of a liability than an asset at close range. And I concur, she's not the type to be easily bought... while it is arguably true that everyone can be bought, not everyone can be bought with material wealth. Not I, and quite likely not her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:47 pm

"Well that are om big snails, but yes they could be pets or they could be something else it is hard to know for sure without examining them."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Yes picking her up away from her apartment is the best solution, that I agree with you on Mr Wainwright."
The old war mage nodded.
"Hum...well if she could be brought in quietly that would be best, a tranquilizer rifle should not be to difficult, however yes I would not put a Initiate in front of her to try to subdue her as we do not know how powerful she is, I would send Adepts."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"I do not want to kidnap this woman, but I do not think we have much of a choice in the matter right now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:32 pm

"Can I borrow your phone again?" he asked Adjan. He needed about ten more hours in my day, he thought ruefully. Assuming the man let him borrow it again, he will pull up a map and compare it to the one in front of them.

"I agree, should we drive to Steelhaven with this information or send him a message?"

He frowned a bit. "Under the circumstances, I think I'll have to tell him over the phone or see if someone can teleport the map. We still have to deal with the cat; the spirit gave me the information about the Master up front as it were so we could get someone on it, but of course expects her favor to be returned." He rubbed a hand across his face.

"It is their mess so they should take part in fixing it. The way I see it we either bring this to the Chief as quickly as we can and have him check it out or we bring it to the Hermetics directly. I do not think we should try any rescue operations ourselves whoever have this woman have taken out a Master of the Art, we would probably be little but annoyances to them if we came alone."

"It is indeed their mess," Adley agreed. He took another set of paper and set it in front of the spirit. "Please tell us where to find Danielle so we can make plans to help her," he requested.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Colin scratched his chin lightly, "True, they could be mundane pets, but why gamble on it? She certainly seems the type to want to, hm, improve upon her pets, not just for the benefits it might give her, but to prove to herself that she has the skills and power to do so... As for sending Adepts, yes, that should probably suffice."
He glanced around for a moment, "Come to think of it, where's Adley? I'd have expected him to be present."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next