Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:14 am

Colin nodded, "I'll see what I can find. If you'll excuse me, though, I have an urgent errand to run. Good afternoon."
And off to the garage he went, checking that the station wagon was adequately clean and uncluttered.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:30 am

"It was nice to meet you even if it was through a locked door."
Raymond said.
"Have a good afternoon Mr Wainwright."
Anton Von Hess said as he settled down to continue the chess game with the young prisoner.

The station wagon seamed to be mostly fine, sure it could do with a wash but it was not cluttered and it was adequately clean at least.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:13 pm

"I have to be heading out as well." Adjan said as he grabbed his coat. "I was only waiting for you to give you the phone I have promised to help out at Riverside to add a element of chance and the detection of entropic energies to their wards."

"Do take care Adjan. I believe the Chief has asked everyone not to go out alone, after all even a Master hasn't been safe. I apologise for making you wait."

You get to the room and call Small Paws, a plesant male voice reply to your call. "Yes you have reached Small Paws we carry all you might need for your pets and aquariums, how may I help you?"

"Yes, hello. Is Ms Larson in? I would like to speak with her, please."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:30 pm

"Do take care Adjan. I believe the Chief has asked everyone not to go out alone, after all even a Master hasn't been safe. I apologise for making you wait."

"Yes he has and I am not going alone, Francesca is waiting to go with me."
The Euthanatos said then he smiles.
"Do not worry about it I did not have to wait that long."
Adjan said before he hurried down the corridor towards the stairs.

"Yes, hello. Is Ms Larson in? I would like to speak with her, please."

"Ehm...no not yet but I am expecting her to come for her shift in five minutes or so give or take Sir...should I ask her to call you when she get here?"
The man asked in a friendly tone of voice.
"And who should I tell her is calling?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Sure, i understand. That was a sign of confidence and i'm grateful to have had the opportunity to share this experiencie with you. Said the Dreamspeaker with a nod.

It's ok, miss Cita. it's just a proyection i make within me, i don't think it would have any effect, but being corrupted as it is i'll be specially carefull. Tane Reassured her ALso, ¿what would it take to help her heal her avatar?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Friday morning:

Amadeus nodded he said nothing, there was not so much to say, Tane had seen the most private part of him, he they had joined in a ritual at his Coven's Life Tree or in the Verbena Realm on Horizon the Dreamspeaker might have seen him as naked as the day he was born and that would not have bothered the old Verbena, that he had seen his Avatar though that was something it was odd to share with a stranger.

Cita looked at Tane and nodded.
"Good also that the Avatar is wounded might make it more dangerous, or it might not bother with you at all, just stay alert."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Now as for how to heal Beatrice's Avatar that is a difficult question. I can do allot with my magick Mr Karyak, but I can not create the essence that Avatars are made of, if I could do that I could perhaps create a new one for unfortunate ones that...well in either case I could perhaps heal Beatrice's Avatar or at least better it's condition if I had donor material that matched her essence preferably corrupted donor material but that would require access to to a Nephandus with a Primordial soul and that is not to easy to get and besides it would require taking pieces of their Avatar, it would in essence mean torturing a prisoner and I am not comfortable with that."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Barring that all we can do is try to make sure that she is comfortable and give it time and hope for the best. The medicines I talked about might help with her pain but other than that there is not much to do."

Friday Afternoon:

Around four in the afternoon you get a text message from Chief Morgan it reads:
"To Mr Karyak
I have a favor to ask of Mr Coawa, if you could please ask him to drop by my office when he have the opportunity to.
Jeffry Morgan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:54 am

I'll be carefull. Maybe one of you wants to be with us just to make sure everything is ok? Maybe it was not truly confortable but Beatrice would understand.

Would any primordial Avatar work, at least a little? What can happen to the Donor? Tane thought on maybe, helping her with his own avatar. He had to have a chat with Gandyja. He knew his own avatar was powerfull and maybe it would suffer less. Also, adding bits of non-corrupted avatar to Beatrice's might even help her to cleanse later on.

I'm Primordial, if it can help.

Friday Afternoon:
Tane Answered "Is it urgent?"
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:18 am

"Yes he has and I am not going alone, Francesca is waiting to go with me." The Euthanatos said then he smiles. "Do not worry about it I did not have to wait that long."

"Good, until later then."

"Ehm...no not yet but I am expecting her to come for her shift in five minutes or so give or take Sir...should I ask her to call you when she get here?" The man asked in a friendly tone of voice. "And who should I tell her is calling?"

"I'll call back in a little while then, thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:14 am

Tane:

Friday morning:

I'll be carefull. Maybe one of you wants to be with us just to make sure everything is ok? Maybe it was not truly confortable but Beatrice would understand.

"I have seen Beatrice's Avatar four times now and are sure to see it again as I monitor her recovery, I am sure one more time will not hurt"
Cita said.
"I will go with you and monitor."
Amadeus nodded then he said.
"I will be in her apartment but I do not want to crowd her in a private moment."

Would any primordial Avatar work, at least a little? What can happen to the Donor? Tane thought on maybe, helping her with his own avatar. He had to have a chat with Gandyja. He knew his own avatar was powerfull and maybe it would suffer less. Also, adding bits of non-corrupted avatar to Beatrice's might even help her to cleanse later on.

"It depends on how much I take, Avatars are hardy beings they heal from most wounds. Now last night I could not find a suitable donor and needed to make thread to suture up the worst wound, but one who have a connection to her offered, what little I took then only caused a moment of pain...but to make a difference in repairing that split in her Avatar and the worst of the wounds I would have to take far more, not only would the pain to the donor be indescribable but...there might be loss of ability at least temporarily."

I'm Primordial, if it can help.

Cita sigh and shook her head.
"Yes it can help but like I said it would damage you and while I can prevent that damage from being permanent, and if I took the donor material from a place that governs a area of reality you do not currently study and practice it should heal before you get around to needing it however the pain will be at least comparable to that of a Brand...ehm as yes you have not had much to do with Traditionalists the way I understand it, Banding is a punishment where a mark is burned into the victim's Avatar, it involve days of excruciating agony, weeks of recovery and pain when using magick for months after, and what I would have to do might be worse, it is not something I would do to a fellow Traditionalist lightly. A prisoner wound be...well a captured Nephandi are generally Gilgulled so while taking from them might be inhumane at least it do not do more damage, but from a Traditionalist..."
The Virtual Adept said seriously.

"I can only teach you eight parts of reality in their terms, off course there are many more than that but until your understanding reach a certain level they would be to much for you, but at what your fellow mages call Spheres I can only teach a host eight, this due to ancient treaties and oaths, there is a part of me that is never used."
Your Avatar who was listening to what was being said communicated from deep in your mind.
"Damage here would matter nothing, but I can not protect your mind from pain Tane and I do not want to see you hurt, just as you protect me, I protect you we are one for the while we walk together."
Other mages would call your Avata unusually talkative and active but it was what it was.

Friday afternoon:

Tane Answered "Is it urgent?"

You notice that the Chief always phrased his texts as if they where formal letters.
"Mr Karyak.
It is not urgent it is about a prisoner and I would like to ask M Coawa to look at him with his ability to sense corruption which I understand that he possess.
Jeffry Morgan."

Adley:

"Ah very well then, have a good day then Sir, like I said I expect her in five minutes."
The clerk at the pet store said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm

"Thank you for your help," he said, and hung up the phone. He tucked it back into his pocket and headed down to the garage, figuring that he may as well make the second call up from there.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:20 pm

In the garage you see Colin cleaning out and tidying the station wagon, no one else is in the garage right now.

(OOC: If I reply a bit slowly today it is because I have been out playing MtG today and tonight my group is coming over and I will be STing Mage so I will reply when I can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Colin nodded to Adley, "All set with new phone?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:59 am

"Yes, lucky that Adjan had a spare. Saves time that I don't have getting another one. I called the shop; I believe it was her manager that picked up. He said she was scheduled to be on in a few minutes, so I said I'd give a ring back and came down. Did you get the shop address? I'm afraid the phone is a bit older than my last one...here, I'll call you so you have the number."

// No problem Anja, have fun at your games!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:38 am

THen it is settled. Obviously i'll ask her first, if she doesn't want one of you there, then there's nothing to do, but i don't think it would be a problem. Said Tane happy to be able to help.

Are you sure, Gandjya? Tane's face looked concerned as he rised from the seat and looked the side he heard his avatar. You have made oaths of never using that part. Would you allow us to take that part away so that sha can be healed? Tane asked hopefully But when you move forward to the next one, wouldn't you be unble to teach that one this part? or wouldn't you do it anyway?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:47 am

Tane

THen it is settled. Obviously i'll ask her first, if she doesn't want one of you there, then there's nothing to do, but i don't think it would be a problem. Said Tane happy to be able to help.

"We will see at least I will be in the apartment Mr Karyak, you are an impressive young man, what you can do with Avatars not many can do after you and you seam honestly kind and caring however Beatrice is helpless and an hour ago I had not laid eyes on you, forgive my skepticism, it is not mistrust but there are very few I would allow in that apartment alone with Beatrice right now, I am sure that when you one day take an student you will feel the same."
The old mage said and he did look apologetic but determined.
"But in the bedroom itself there I will respect her wishes if she want no one there."

Are you sure, Gandjya? Tane's face looked concerned as he rised from the seat and looked the side he heard his avatar. You have made oaths of never using that part.

"Yes I have though the reasons for those oaths I can not yet share with you, and even oath is the wrong word but it is the closest that you are able to understand at the present."
The Avatar said it had not manifested, no one else could see or hear it but you could see a climpse of him out of the corner of your eye.

Would you allow us to take that part away so that sha can be healed? Tane asked hopefully But when you move forward to the next one, wouldn't you be unble to teach that one this part? or wouldn't you do it anyway?

"I would like to be complete Tane, however I can not teach my next host these parts just as I never taught the ones that came before you. If you had sworn never to again use your eyes would you allow them to be taken to give sight back to another? However from what the rigid and organized mage woman said the damage would not be permanent, and while I am reluctant to loose a part of myself, even one never used, damage to said part, a wound yes I am willing to suffer that..if it had been just me suffering."
The Avatar said then it looked at you.
"While we walk together my host we are not two, we are one and I feel your pain and you feel mine, but this sharing is not equal, just like if I should die you will be destroyed as well, while when you die I move on, your pain cause me great grief but my pain would incapacitate you with agony, this is because I am a part of your soul, your very essence and when I suffer you mind can not understand that and it is perceived as pain. I am not willing to just watch you suffer Tane."
The creature said softly.
"And if you make this sacrifice there are days and weeks at least when you will be bedridden with suffering, and danger is coming, I would not see you helpless..."
The Avatar said then in moved closer.
"But there is another way but it would involve a greater risk to us both, not for our destruction but for our stagnation, do you wish to know of this possibility? A possibility that might create matter I am made of enough if it is successful, but doom us to repeat this life for cycles if we are not?"

Adley and Colin:

Well Colin might remember the address for Small Paws from when he was in Freddy's room and she checked up on it but it would be pretty quick to just check on google as well so the address is not a problem. There is a large shopping district near the university campus that mostly caters to students so there is an overflow of bookstores, clothing shops, cheap food places, and Ikea and other things teenagers and early twenties might need, and a bit on the outskirts of this area lies the pet shop you are looking for.

(OOC: Thank you well actually I am using the same story I am using for this game, the same setting and same chantries but my players are on the opposite team they are playing the Nephandi.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:33 am

Colin nodded, "I got the address with the other details. Are you saying you actually memorized my number? I feel honored!"
He grinned, "Ah, I jest... there's a small shopping district. In fact, I do believe there's a small mobile phone shop in the area; you know the type, they sell a few phones but are mostly there to provide repairs and service."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 am

He nodded and then gave Colin a wry smile back. "Yes, as well you should. You are on the same high echelon as my pater, Beatrice and our cabalmates, Narim, Cita and the chantry kitchen landline," he teased back. "My phone is beyond any hope for repair, if that's what you're implying. I'll get a new one when I can and just count my blessings that I'm not in the same state as it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Colin shrugged, "Actually, I did mean to suggest you might be able to pick up a new phone on the way. Whatever did happen to your phone, anyway?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:29 pm

"True, if there is time I could pick up a new one," he agreed. He frowned, then looked at him, the humour scraped off his face. "It broke somewhere between Horizon and Worcester when Cita teleported me...she was a bit off her mark."

A disturbed look crossed his features, underlying the plain facts of his words, a trace of latent bewilderment in his eyes from being overextended to the point of distressful enlightenment. He quickly took his mind away from that and what had followed and focused on what they had to do now instead. He picked up Adjan's loaner and flipped it open to call the pet shop back. "Let's see if we can get a hold of Hannah..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:44 pm

The same pleasant voiced man picked up the call this time, in the background you can hear a bird squawking.
"Ah yes you are the one who called a few minutes ago looking for Hannah right? She have just gotten in, I shall get he on the phone for you."
The pet shop clerk said then he obviously put the phone down and raised his voice a bit.
"Hannah there is someone on the phone for you."
There was a few moments there a sharp, slightly skeptical female voice could be heard on the phone.
"Yes this is Larson, what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:15 pm

Colin frowned, "Hm. Say, have you ever read The Bad Place, by... Dean Koontz, I think? A fair warning against... well, no matter."
He finished tidying and climbed into the driver's seat, watching as Adley placed another call.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 pm

You get into the car, the tank is about half full but then you are not going very far so it should be plenty gas. The time was about 16:13 in the afternoon.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:24 pm

I understand. Curiously enough, that day might not be so far away... Curiously, indeed. He knew less than he'd like to admit, in fact.

IS POSSIBLE TO CREATE AVATAR MATTER? Asked Tane not beliving it. It was so astonishing to be able to create avatar matter. The implications of this ability would be great. I want to know! It could help so many people! Even if i don't use it, it can create a way out for others.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:54 pm

I understand. Curiously enough, that day might not be so far away... Curiously, indeed. He knew less than he'd like to admit, in fact.

"Hum...well it is a great joy to train a student...a great joy and at times great frustration as well."
Amadeus muttered.
"And in this case it is also heartache."

IS POSSIBLE TO CREATE AVATAR MATTER? Asked Tane not beliving it. It was so astonishing to be able to create avatar matter. The implications of this ability would be great.

"Everything is possible, but what I am talking about is less straight forward than that."
The God said.

I want to know! It could help so many people! Even if i don't use it, it can create a way out for others.

"I am old Tane, very old, soon I will have learned all I set out to do when I first took physical form, sometimes a sapling might split of from an old soul much like from an old tree, a lesser soul to walk with the greater one through the lifetimes until it is ready to incarnate into a mage. It is possible I can start this process but not complete it, making a new soul grow from me but stopping before it becomes what I am, creating in that complex emphemera to work with. Now you have to remember one thing through before you become two enthusiastic I can do this because fate allow me, it do not mean I can repeat it nor that it can be used to create a new Avatar for a lost mage, for such a sapling to become a full blown spirit it takes many lives."
The God explained then the nearly featureless face grew serious.
"Now to the risk Tane, if the creation is not stopped in time and what is created moves past the beginning and into consciousness then I will not allow it to be harmed it will walk with me through the ages and in that stagnate us both. When I leave a host as the mage I have learned with dies I am purified in the Well of Souls, I can not tell you what happens at that place for it is not for you but part of what happens is that while part of that mage will always be with me, be a part of me and as such become a part of my new host, each host is a completely new individual, there might be residual memories, for example when you where a child you had vivid nightmares of being mauled by a bear, because my former host was. Some have more of these memories and some have less, but they are still memories of a past life they are not the same as this one. If a companion walk by my side though, that smaller soul will not be purified between lives as it have never had a full incarnation, and the new host if gain to much knowledge of the past, the lives will bleed together. In short Tane if what I attempt to manifest becomes more than matter but becomes a life then I will not allow it to be cut up it will walk with me and if that happens you will be like the male mage in this room, forever being reborn as the same person, death being nothing but a break, the Tane that you are now, you will also be in your next life will full memories intact or near full memories and while this might sound good, indeed some mages have sought such a path to immortality, it non the less will stagnate us, for once you die, that be tomorrow or in a thousand years from now, then I will have learned you lessons and seek out a new life to learn more, but there will be no new life...not for many incarnation as the companion grow at my side...that is a serious risk to take but I will leave the decision up to you on whatever or not to attempt it. I choose you when you where still an unborn child for the compassion you would one day have."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:12 am

Colin frowned, "Hm. Say, have you ever read The Bad Place, by... Dean Koontz, I think? A fair warning against... well, no matter." He finished tidying and climbed into the driver's seat, watching as Adley placed another call.

Adley rubbed a hand through his scalp and shook his head a slight bit. "No....warning against what? Maybe I shouldn't ask..." He got into the passenger side, in the event that they were going to need to leave.

There was a few moments there a sharp, slightly skeptical female voice could be heard on the phone."Yes this is Larson, what can I do for you?"

Adley felt an eyebrow creep up at her tone. Maybe she thought he was one of her mother's goons calling to check on her. "Hello, Mrs Larson, this is Mr Roth Hicks," he said. "I need someone to assist with a project with a looming deadline. Would you be interested in annotating samples for a contrast analysis? If you know some Greek, some of them are in Old Attic and Ionic as well as koine..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next