Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Adley Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:53 pm

"It is hopeful thinking, but perhaps it would happen...we have seen several examples of widderslainte who are not all corrupted, perhaps this June could become one such, and perhaps then there is hope for her in a future incarnation...if we do not get to her first that is." Narim looked down. "The waters are muddy, it is hard to know the right course of action, what path is just and which is not? And it seams that for every step we take the waters grow darker still.

"I understand why you didn't tell us about Beatrice, now. And how that might have felt, when that decision was made. It is dark, and grim...but I think I have made the best decision I could have, as if Hannah were my own filia...though hindsight may prove me wrong again. If you think I am wrong, then..."

"Perhaps Miss Larson can find comfort and strength in knowing that even in the darkness that a Nephandus in, and in the middle of this blood filled war, this woman love her and want her to be safe, perhaps she will blame no one but the Nephandi who are now turning on one of their own.

"I hope so."

Your gun is now a paperweight, it looks mostly fine but examining the insides you see places where the metal have warped from heat, at the very least it would need to be given to someone who knew their trade for repairs, and it would probably be less expensive to acquire a new one

He sighed and chucked it in the bin. He was starting to feel as stripped down from the inside as he was for all the externals. Clothing, car, phone, watch, gun...but those were all replaceable. He looked at what he had left and who he could ask to get him another gun discreetly.

When you return to Beatrice's room the young Verbena had woken up and you can see she is uneasy however Andrew have kept her reasonably calm by reading to her. You do not know how much of work on early 1200's European Latin Beatrice actually understood in her state, but the even sound of Andrew's voice was calming to her and she kept her eyes on the boy until she saw you and managed to give you a weak smile."Adley..."

"AdelfĂ­..." he reached down and brushed some of her hair out of her face and then moved back a little to answer Andrew and check the fridge to see if there was more porridge for her.

he muttered then she gave a soft whimper and shifted uneasily under her covers. Andrew closed the book and glance at you.
"I did not know what else to do so I tried reading to her when she woke up and would not settle down." The boy muttered unsure if he had done the right thing....

"I'm sure that was helpful," he assured him. "I know you're worried about your mentor, Andrew. But he will feel better after some rest, I imagine, and so will you. Thank you for staying with Beatrice." Then he sat on the edge of her bed and took Beatrice hand, looking down at her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Ok then, i'll ask Chief Morgan to accompany me so he can judge if she's alright to bring here before we actually take her here. That way we can be sure we're not messing it up- It wwas settled, then.

i'll be polite if she's polite. Gilgulling a friend is not polite. Said Tane roughly. In fact, the werespider has been injured by the fomorian. Coawa has her at my house, and is treating her currently. I wanted to know if there's anyone in the Chantry who knows more of such a creature. If not, i need any healer i can find so we can patch her up 'till she's ready to talk.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Adley:

"I understand why you didn't tell us about Beatrice, now. And how that might have felt, when that decision was made. It is dark, and grim...but I think I have made the best decision I could have, as if Hannah were my own filia...though hindsight may prove me wrong again. If you think I am wrong, then..."

"All we can do is try to take the right path. I never told you about my parents...my mother was Chakravanti...ehm Euthanatos I guess the rest of the Traditions know it as, my father a retired ungifted Mercere, the two married, made a god home for themselves and their seven children and other relatives...however every now and again they would take in mages who needed a place to stay. I knew nothing of this, not before after they where dead, but in either case, they made the best decision they could at the time, to help others...but one day they was found out by the Technocracy and...it ended in a tragedy. The result of taking stray mages in was horrible but it was still the best decision they could make at the time."
Narim said sadly then he gave a slight smile.
"As for Beatrice, we the Deacons made the decision to keep her nature a secret for many reasons, but yes one of the reasons is situations like this."
Narim smiles a little.
"It sounds like you are starting to care for Miss Larson...she certainly sounds like an interesting woman."

"I hope so."

"I hope so as well."

He sighed and chucked it in the bin. He was starting to feel as stripped down from the inside as he was for all the externals. Clothing, car, phone, watch, gun...but those were all replaceable. He looked at what he had left and who he could ask to get him another gun discreetly.

Both Adjan and your mentor can probably get you another gun, at least your mentor can, he was born in another world 300 years ago, it was doubtful he had gone through official sleeper channels to get his own weapons.

"AdelfĂ­..." he reached down and brushed some of her hair out of her face and then moved back a little to answer Andrew and check the fridge to see if there was more porridge for her.

Beatrice smiles to you, her small, shaking hands grasp your hand for a moment before she let go, it did seam to lift her spirits to see you. There where some more porridge in the fridge that just needed to be heated, that and some soup.

"I'm sure that was helpful," he assured him. "I know you're worried about your mentor, Andrew. But he will feel better after some rest, I imagine, and so will you. Thank you for staying with Beatrice." Then he sat on the edge of her bed and took Beatrice hand, looking down at her.

Andrew nodded he collected his books, then put the one he had been reading for Beatrice in on a table.
"Just in case she liked it."
He said then he nodded.
"Good night then Mr Roth Hicks...Miss Alexander."
The apprentice said and bowed, he was concerned about his mentor but he would adhere to his wishes and go to his room and get some rest. Andrew quietly left the room.

Beatrice whimpered she moved a bit feebly but at least she was not screaming right now.
"H...he is a good kid...I can see him as an old mage...living in some moss grown...old Chantry surrounded by books."
The young Verbena muttered referring to Andrew then she was silent for a while mewling softly before she had the strength to speak again.
"Is it night...outside? I loose track of time..."

Tane:

Ok then, i'll ask Chief Morgan to accompany me so he can judge if she's alright to bring here before we actually take her here. That way we can be sure we're not messing it up- It wwas settled, then.

"Having someone accompanying you is wise at least. You can ask the Chief, but with the Nephandi he have been a pretty busy man, but yes checking the young lady out before we bring her here is wise as a safety precaution, I am sure Jeffry will assign someone to go with you if he is unable to do so himself."
Narim said and nodded.

i'll be polite if she's polite. Gilgulling a friend is not polite. Said Tane roughly.

Narim looked like he was about to choke on his tea then he could not help but give a small laugh.
"Well no that is not very polite now is it Mr Karyak."
The Virtual Adept said.
"However you must remember one thing, we have laws in the traditions making it illegal to be rude to those of greater magickal ability, if you insult D'Angelo she might hurt, have you thrown in jail or even Branded you and I would hate to see that happen."

In fact, the werespider has been injured by the fomorian. Coawa has her at my house, and is treating her currently. I wanted to know if there's anyone in the Chantry who knows more of such a creature. If not, i need any healer i can find so we can patch her up 'till she's ready to talk.

"Hum...Henrietta Day do have some interactions with other Awakened and while not a member of Steelhaven Duncan Ackermann I know have some dealings with werewolves so he might know about other shapechangers as well, and he is a healer, but I do not know if he is here at the moment, he is often here to visit the other Verbena at the Chantry. Now as for a healer, I doubt you will get Master Nassa to leave his wounded apprentice, but you could try Ingmar Rush, he might help you out, he is not the most pleasant fellow but he do good healing work."
Narim advices.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:56 pm

"...it ended in a tragedy. The result of taking stray mages in was horrible but it was still the best decision they could make at the time."
Narim said sadly then he gave a slight smile.

"I'm sorry about your family...it sounds like your parents were brave. They would be proud of you now I would imagine, maybe those they found also..." Damn the Technocracy...but the point of his disclosure was not lost on him either.

It sounds like you are starting to care for Miss Larson...she certainly sounds like an interesting woman."

"I hardly know her, truthfully, only in these last few days. But she has been a face in my class and it is hard not to care for her."

Andrew nodded he collected his books, then put the one he had been reading for Beatrice in on a table. "Just in case she liked it."
He said then he nodded. "Good night then Mr Roth Hicks...Miss Alexander."

He smiled at Andrew a little, looking tired but appreciating the gesture. "Good night."

"H...he is a good kid...I can see him as an old mage...living in some moss grown...old Chantry surrounded by books." The young Verbena muttered referring to Andrew then she was silent for a while mewling softly before she had the strength to speak again. "Is it night...outside? I loose track of time..."

"Yes, he is. Much like his mentor. It is night time now. Would you like to have some soup? Why don't I heat up some..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:33 am

If the law says i should lick her hands like a faithful puppy then law is wrong and the only thing you can to with a wrong law is breake it. I won't offend her for naught, though. That makes insults less daring when thrown. Said Tane, who was a stubborn man.

Mister nassa has been through a lot, i wouldn't disturb them. He had almost lost an apprentice and was basicly naked in public. With a doctor, but in public. COuld you help me with contacting mss Day and mister Ackerman?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:41 am

Adley:

"I'm sorry about your family...it sounds like your parents were brave. They would be proud of you now I would imagine, maybe those they found also..." Damn the Technocracy...but the point of his disclosure was not lost on him either.

"Thank you, yes they where very brave."
Narim said and gave a sad smile.
"My farther always ended each day by telling all his children that he was proud of us, yes I imagine they would be...however while I would not mind reminiscence about my family some time over a nice cup of tea I will not take to much of your time...my point is, sometimes the right choices lead to disaster. You should not be to hard on yourself, but instead continue to make the right choices and deal with what life give you in return."
The Virtual Adept said kindly.

"I hardly know her, truthfully, only in these last few days. But she has been a face in my class and it is hard not to care for her."

"Well I hope she will be alright, she must be a strong woman given that she have grown up with the Nephandi and not Fallen, if she stays with us after this she will be an assert to the Traditions."

"Yes, he is. Much like his mentor. It is night time now. Would you like to have some soup? Why don't I heat up some..."

"I can try...to eat. Thank you."
Beatrice muttered, she knew she needed nourishment to stay strong enough to recover physically, her Avatar needed a healthy host, but with the pain and fear food was difficult to enjoy, or even keep down. Beatrice was silent for a while you only hear her whimpers and occasional more expressive expression of pain and it was as if she needed rest between every sentence she said then she whispered.
"You are pale Adley...are you well?"
The young Verbena was concerned about you.

As you are heating up the soup Narim had brought you hear your phone beep as a message arrives. You notice Beatrice jump slightly at the sound, everything seamed to scare her. The message read.

"To my student.
There where some complications with the men in top hats we all love so much. But I and the cargo are now at our destination safely. This will take some time, a friend have promised to drive me home. Get some sleep, but sleep with one eye open.
Be Safe.
Your Mentor."

Jeffry did not use names right now, and the men in top hats where a reference to the nickname for the Union, the Top Hats and Mirror Shades, he was clearly being cautious, but he appeared to have arrived at Lux Itineris in one piece and with the tass.

Tane:

If the law says i should lick her hands like a faithful puppy then law is wrong and the only thing you can to with a wrong law is breake it. I won't offend her for naught, though. That makes insults less daring when thrown. Said Tane, who was a stubborn man.

"It is no skin of my nose Mr Karyak, I think that having it as part of our Protocols that one must respect more powerful willworkers show arrogance on part of our founders. However I must warn you that if you choose to break a Protocol, it can be dangerous for you."
The young Master of the Art said.
"The law opens for everything up and including Branding, meaning censure, ostracism and incarceration. In addition while Steelhaven do not employ corporal punishments, this Tribunal do, and Vittoria D'Angelo are the senior enforcer, she had had people badly flogged more than once."
Narim warned.
"Just know what risk you are taking."

Mister nassa has been through a lot, i wouldn't disturb them. He had almost lost an apprentice and was basicly naked in public. With a doctor, but in public. COuld you help me with contacting mss Day and mister Ackerman?

"Yes Miss Day have room 203 you can try there or the library. As for Mr Ackermann...let me find his phone number."
Narim said and fumbled around with his phone for a moment then made a hasty note on a piece of paper.
"Here you go."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:03 am

"...however while I would not mind reminiscence about my family some time over a nice cup of tea I will not take to much of your time...my point is, sometimes the right choices lead to disaster. You should not be to hard on yourself, but instead continue to make the right choices and deal with what life give you in return."

He supposed the problem was that some of his choices could have been better...were not right, or at least there didn't seem to be a clear right answer at the time. But he nodded, there was not time.

"I can try...to eat. Thank you." Beatrice muttered..."You are pale Adley...are you well?"

"Good, I will heat some porridge up." He did not like hearing her so distressed but there was only so much he could do now, unfortunately, so he concentrated on that. "Do not worry over me, Beatrice. Things were...difficult, earlier. They could have gone better but they could have gone worse as well. I am not harmed," he said, and then might have said more but his phone alert went off.

"It is just my phone," he reassured her and read the message twice. He frowned at it and read it again and then checked it against his pater's normal way of writing text 'letters'...it was terrible, he realised, to find that the message did not comfort him but made him feel more suspicious. He had thought he would send a spirit messenger, one of the lesser spirits that he would occasionally use for something of that nature, given the potential involvement of the 'black hats...' Not that he didn't use cell phones - even as he cursed them. He reached out and stopped the microwave before it went off and took the food out, bringing a spoon with him, phone still in his hand.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:31 am

He supposed the problem was that some of his choices could have been better...were not right, or at least there didn't seem to be a clear right answer at the time. But he nodded, there was not time.

Narim nodded he gave the young Hermetic a reassuring smile but there was not that much he could say to help him.
"Well I should take this information to George."
He muttered.
"We should talk more when we have the time for it."
Narim said then he waited for you to see if you had anything else to say before he lead the way out of his office and then himself walked towards George's room.

Beatrice said nothing as you prepared the porridge she whimpered in pain and struggled with the handcuffs, she ended up bruising her thin wrists again...it seamed like Amadeus had to heal those every few hours, at least the girl was reassured when you said you where not hurt. Once she sees you coming back into the bedroom she mutters.
"Adley...the Mercere...that came to help me...cleanse myself, they must have arrived...I feel bad for not meeting them...especially since no one stopped them for that woman...she is broken...I feel...sorry for her."
Beatrice managed and pale visibly as she discussed it.
"Could you...say hello to them for me?"
The young Verbena muttered weakly.
"T...tell them I am grateful they are here...?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:31 pm

"Well I should take this information to George." He muttered. "We should talk more when we have the time for it."

"Yes, of course," he said, looking embarrassed. "I'd like to talk when things are not so...upset."

"Adley...the Mercere...that came to help me...cleanse myself, they must have arrived...I feel bad for not meeting them...especially since no one stopped them for that woman...she is broken...I feel...sorry for her." Beatrice managed and pale visibly as she discussed it. "Could you...say hello to them for me?" The young Verbena muttered weakly. "T...tell them I am grateful they are here...?"

"Yes, of course. It is getting late now but if I can I will. Things have been very busy, I have not yet gotten a chance to welcome them myself."

What a place to take refuge in, he thought, again frowning at his phone and putting the bowl on the side table to cool a moment. Boston had become a war zone rather than a battlezone. He was starting to see threats everywhere, even where they did not necessarily exist - he'd missed the obvious in favour of the obscure and taken pot shots at shadows. Concern about the tass and his pater were real, but he couldn't let his need to protect them take over his decision-making. As soon as he could he would tell Narim, since he was going to see about his pater's departure anyway and needed to know.

He tapped into the phone a very short snip of something to his pater, something that was a bit of a private joke of theirs that would not give away any names or important information. He knew once he got into Lux Iternis proper his cell phone wouldn't work but it would put his mind to some ease if he got he right end of the reply.

"I am becoming paranoid to detriment," he muttered in Latin, setting the phone down where he could hear it go off and reaching over to help Beatrice sit up more comfortably to eat some of the food.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:39 pm

"Yes, of course," he said, looking embarrassed. "I'd like to talk when things are not so...upset."

Narim just smiles.
"I am looking forward to it."
He said and he did not comment on your embarrassment as he assumed that would just make you feel worse, instead he gave you a nod and then left.

"Yes, of course. It is getting late now but if I can I will. Things have been very busy, I have not yet gotten a chance to welcome them myself."

"Well...I guess it is best not to risk waking them, they must be tired...from their travels."
Beatrice muttered, she seamed a little more coherent now, but it came and went, sometimes she just screamed until she wore herself out, or law shaking, other times her eyes swam with pain but she managed to focus some, but she still tired quickly and already you saw that the conversation was beginning to take it's toll.

He tapped into the phone a very short snip of something to his pater, something that was a bit of a private joke of theirs that would not give away any names or important information. He knew once he got into Lux Iternis proper his cell phone wouldn't work but it would put his mind to some ease if he got he right end of the reply.

After a short while your phone make the familiar sound that a message is incoming and again Beatrice jumped. The message did contain the right reply and and then the following.
"To my student.
Verifying that the message is from me, good I should have thought of it as well. I will send one of my little messengers as well to put your mind at ease."
Be Well."

"I am becoming paranoid to detriment," he muttered in Latin, setting the phone down where he could hear it go off and reaching over to help Beatrice sit up more comfortably to eat some of the food.

Beatrice ate a little but she only managed small mouthfuls at the time, as you help her eat the door opens and Amadeus comes into the room, he had healed his own cuts but he was still covered in blood.
"Hum...you get her to eat...I can not seam to do that."
The old Verbena said.
"If you can stay with her five more minutes Mr Roth Hicks until I get myself cleaned up a little and then I will sit with her tonight."

Providing you agree to watch over Beatrice for a few more minutes Amadeus run by the shower and as you turned your attention back to Beatrice you see your mentor's favorite little fire imp sit on her chest, the little spirit jumped up and down and clearly tried to get the Verbena's attention and seamed disappointed that Beatrice did not notice his presence.
"Usually the small human female feel me and make little bubbles of energy for me to play with, but she ignore me."
The Spirit complained. Since you was not working magick at the moment it was clear your mentor had done something to make the imp visible to you as it was to weak to manifest on it's own, the old mage usually did, a simple rote to make his messenger visible to the receiver of the communication.
"Ohhh you...I was told to tell you the text message, whatever that is, where from my master, and to tell you to get your behind in gear and learn proper hand gestures, he said that would prove the message was from him."
The imp said then it looks at you expectantly as if it expected a treat.
"Now since the female will not make a bubble for me, you make one..."
The little spirit said and clapped it's tiny hands together excitedly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:44 pm

hmn Grunted in recognition the mage, just acknouledging.

Thanks, Narim. Well, then, i've got much to do, so i'll be leaving you now. Be well.

Tane went over to room 203
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:59 pm

Thanks, Narim. Well, then, i've got much to do, so i'll be leaving you now. Be well.

"Have a good day."
Narim said and smiles.

Tane went over to room 203

You get to room 303 you hear music from behind the door, something with allot of guitar and also a woman singing opera, the occupant put the music on pause when you knock on the door and opens. You see a pretty Goth girl with dyed black hair that reach her a bit past the shoulders and Bettie bangs, she is wearing a frilly black dress, high heeled black boots and elegant, steel cross necklace and earrings.
"Yes?"
The girl said, she was somewhere in her late twenties or early thirties...
"You must be that Dreamspeaker I have heard so much about...what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:07 am

"Well...I guess it is best not to risk waking them, they must be tired...from their travels." Beatrice muttered...

"Time zones," he said, realising that they came from a different one - they might still be awake. But he also had no idea what time it actually was, anymore himself. He looked for a clock around her bedroom. He assured her that it was only his phone again, frowning at how even a simple noise seemed to disturb her so. But at least the message was a good one. He continued helping her eat as much as she would hold down, as much as he could get her to have.

Beatrice ate a little but she only managed small mouthfuls at the time, as you help her eat the door opens and Amadeus comes into the room, he had healed his own cuts but he was still covered in blood. "Hum...you get her to eat...I can not seam to do that." The old Verbena said. "If you can stay with her five more minutes Mr Roth Hicks until I get myself cleaned up a little and then I will sit with her tonight."

"Yes, I will stay as long as you need." He knew that saving Mandis's life had been hard and Duncan and Rush were also working much more than anyone could have liked; before long Amadeus would need to rest again as well.

When he looked back and saw the little imp he had to smile a little though he was concerned that Beatrice did not seem to notice the imp at all, since he was not using any magick to sense spirits and here he was, discernable. He hoped it was the cuffs or that it was sent directly to him and not a sign of something worse. "Greetings, friend," he said in Enochian to the imp to get its attention. "We have a visitor from my pater," he told Beatrice.

"Usually the small human female feel me and make little bubbles of energy for me to play with, but she ignore me." The Spirit complained. Since you was not working magick at the moment it was clear your mentor had done something to make the imp visible to you as it was to weak to manifest on it's own, the old mage usually did, a simple rote to make his messenger visible to the receiver of the communication."Ohhh you...I was told to tell you the text message, whatever that is, where from my master, and to tell you to get your behind in gear and learn proper hand gestures, he said that would prove the message was from him."

"She is not ignoring you small one, she cannot hear or see you for right now," he explained. He was glad that he was sure it was his pater, having seen this spirit called for such things before.

The imp said then it looks at you expectantly as if it expected a treat. "Now since the female will not make a bubble for me, you make one..." The little spirit said and clapped it's tiny hands together excitedly.

He looked at the capricious imp, again feeling some amusement. Something about seeing the spirit made him feel a little better, even if just for a moment. It reminded him of when he's first seen the spirit world and a spirit, the sense of wonder...instead of horror which was what he'd experienced recently. Now that the imp had done did its job it looked like it wanted a reward; he was fairly certain his pater would have paid it already. However, it did deserve something, for doing a good job though Adley not give it the impression that he would do it every time it asked or be ordered about by it. "Hm, does she now? Did your master say you were to go back with a reply?" he asked, thinking of what might be a suitable thank-you to the little spirit that did not involve a Quintessence, since it was in rather short supply. Some small diversion, though to amuse it and that would not cause any harm. He didn't want to work ars vis rotes around Beatrice though, in case it caused some disturbance. And anyway after all that fighting, he was tired.

"This spirit remembers you, it says you made bubbles of energy for it," he said to Beatrice, looking at her to see if she was still awake, how she was doing and hoping to cheer her some.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:04 am

"Time zones," he said, realising that they came from a different one - they might still be awake. But he also had no idea what time it actually was, anymore himself. He looked for a clock around her bedroom. He assured her that it was only his phone again, frowning at how even a simple noise seemed to disturb her so. But at least the message was a good one. He continued helping her eat as much as she would hold down, as much as he could get her to have.

Beatrice did have a lock on her night stand, one of those block of wood things with a digital clock inside which showed 23:35. Her phone however was on her dresser and it did appear to be turned to mute not to disturb her, though perhaps her mentor kept track of it in case she got some message that was important. Beatrice ate a little but all in all you probably get into her less porridge than you could fit in a small teacup, but is was something at least, after a while though she turned her head away from the spoon and shook her head.

"Yes, I will stay as long as you need." He knew that saving Mandis's life had been hard and Duncan and Rush were also working much more than anyone could have liked; before long Amadeus would need to rest again as well.

"Thank you, most of this blood is mine, but not all of it, to keep it on my person in a form that could flake off and be collected by someone or that I myself could potentially use against them would be rude."
The Verbena said as he headed to the bathroom and you realize that it was not the blood itself that was a problem for him, Amadeus Nassa did not mind being covered in blood, but for him keeping the blood of others where a breach of their trust would would be like if you went through someone's things to find their birth name, but yes the healing work he had done had been complicated, not so much Antonio and probably Rush as well since those cuts of his was deep, but Mandis for sure, and caring for Beatrice in this condition was emotionally draining as she needed almost constant care and it was hard to see someone that one loved suffer to that extent.

When he looked back and saw the little imp he had to smile a little though he was concerned that Beatrice did not seem to notice the imp at all, since he was not using any magick to sense spirits and here he was, discernable. He hoped it was the cuffs or that it was sent directly to him and not a sign of something worse. "Greetings, friend," he said in Enochian to the imp to get its attention. "We have a visitor from my pater," he told Beatrice.

Well you do know your mentor often use a rote to let the person the imp is sent to and only that person see him and with the cuffs Beatrice would not be able to sense the Umbrood's energies and it was not manifest, yes it sat on her chest but he did not disturb the folds of her nightgown so he was not in the physical plane of reality. The imp grins at you when you greet him. Beatrice smiles a little.
"One...of his spirits."
She muttered weakly soon she would fall asleep again.

"She is not ignoring you small one, she cannot hear or see you for right now," he explained. He was glad that he was sure it was his pater, having seen this spirit called for such things before.

The imp looks at you then look at Beatrice.
"Is she ill? That is what it is called when human beings run out of energy, human beings do that. I told Master that I should set them on fire that will give them more energy, it do me, but he said that would not solve the problem and would make the humans sad. Human beings are very complicated."
The little Umbrood said using a very low level, crude from of Enchian to speak. This was just barely a Jaggling so his world view view would be rather simple.

He looked at the capricious imp, again feeling some amusement. Something about seeing the spirit made him feel a little better, even if just for a moment. It reminded him of when he's first seen the spirit world and a spirit, the sense of wonder...instead of horror which was what he'd experienced recently. Now that the imp had done did its job it looked like it wanted a reward; he was fairly certain his pater would have paid it already.

Your mentor had probably paid the little imp yes, he tended to be generous to his spirit companions and choose to be friends with them and viewed himself as an employer and not a master, this one in particular though was his favorite and he tended to spoil the little imp, showing that behind that gruff facade he had a soft side as well who was touched by the trusting and kind but somewhat simple minded little Umbrood. That he had been paid though did not mean the spirit could not try to get more out of it and it looked very much like a loved pet begging a treat would having the I am cute and you can't resist me look on its little face.

However, it did deserve something, for doing a good job though Adley not give it the impression that he would do it every time it asked or be ordered about by it. "Hm, does she now? Did your master say you were to go back with a reply?" he asked

"Yes she do...she do not seam to see or hear me but when I hang around until she sense me she make bubbles for me and play with me. I like her."
The imp said as it wandered over to Beatrice's face and touched it.
"Are you sure setting her on fire will not make her healthy again?"
It asked, it was a fire spirit and had the opinion that fire solved every problem, then it bounced around a little, before it nodded.
"Yes master said to come back with a message and ask how the wounded where so he knew you where safe."
The imp said in it's broken Enochian before in bunched around a bit more then it saw Beatrice's wrists and touched them.
"Human skin get blue when the impact something hard is that to blend in with the sky?" The little Umbrood said then it continued.
"In the nest of people like you that master is now I once saw a human male he was held against a pillar with rope and a woman used a length of dead cow skin to impact his skin until it became blue and then red and then fluid came out, the human male did not seam to enjoy turning blue so it is a very ineffective camouflage, you should change it."
The imp said and looked like it had told you something very wise, off course if your ehm...camouflage was ineffective it should be changed.

thinking of what might be a suitable thank-you to the little spirit that did not involve a Quintessence, since it was in rather short supply. Some small diversion, though to amuse it and that would not cause any harm. He didn't want to work ars vis rotes around Beatrice though, in case it caused some disturbance. And anyway after all that fighting, he was tired.

Without using magick it would be hard to give the spirit something it could truly interact with, it was clear that right now it was in the penumbra, able to see the physical world, and something made you able to see it, but neither of you would be able to touch one another without magick in some way.

"This spirit remembers you, it says you made bubbles of energy for it," he said to Beatrice, looking at her to see if she was still awake, how she was doing and hoping to cheer her some.

Beatrice was fairly calm right now, and her eyes was only half open, but she was awake, she did smile a little.
"Oh it is him...I feel his presence at times. I am not able to see him or hear him but I feel the presence of fire energy and it moves so once I just tried to make this energy bubble and toss at it to see what the presence was, just a magickal toy really, a rote if you could even call it that...my mentor he...taught me when teaching me..."
Beatrice drifted of for a moment then she woke up again and continued.
"An exercise to focus my mind...I can do it...without a focus...just little bubbles of energies but the spirit...it bounce them back to me...like a cat play so I...make them when I...sense him..."
The Verbena muttered then she sigh and looked down at the restraints.
"I feel...deaf and blind...with these."
She said sadly before she closed her eyes.
"Tired...I am...tired..."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:03 am

Almost midnight then...even if the Mercere had been on a different timezone it would likely be late after travelling by the time he was free then. When she was through, he put the rest of the food away and came back to sit next to her.

"Thank you, most of this blood is mine, but not all of it, to keep it on my person in a form that could flake off and be collected by someone or that I myself could potentially use against them would be rude."

He nodded thoughtfully at that as he considered the implication but was soon distracted by their new visitor.

"Is she ill? That is what it is called when human beings run out of energy, human beings do that. I told Master that I should set them on fire that will give them more energy, it do me, but he said that would not solve the problem and would make the humans sad. Human beings are very complicated."

"She needs rest. But setting fire to her will not help her as it does you, little flame." He smiled a little. Human beings were very complicated, he couldn't help but agree. "Your Master is correct that it would not solve the problem."

Yes she do...she do not seam to see or hear me but when I hang around until she sense me she make bubbles for me and play with me. I like her." The imp said as it wandered over to Beatrice's face and touched it. "Are you sure setting her on fire will not make her healthy again?"

"I like her too. I am sure that setting her on fire will not make her happy or any healthier," he reiterated.  To Beatrice he said, "He is concerned for your health and he says that he likes you because you play games with him," he said of the playful spirit.

"Yes master said to come back with a message and ask how the wounded where so he knew you where safe."

"Please tell him that we are as well as could be expected." He thought he would be able to infer that they were safe, Mandis alive but that it had not been easy on them. He raised his eyebrow and frowned at the comment about the man being flogged at Lux Iternis and sighed. The spirit had pieced together it as best it could, given what it was and had tried to come to a conclusion, though not the right one. "I see, no that is not camouflage..."...he could not help think of Gwen.

"An exercise to focus my mind...I can do it...without a focus...just little bubbles of energies but the spirit...it bounce them back to me...like a cat play so I...make them when I...sense him...

"Perhaps you can show me sometime, when you are feeling better," he gave her hand a soft squeeze, minding the bruises. He could see how it would be a good way for a child to learn, to play a game...or even himself, if he were practicing hand gestures again, it would be a way to learn.

"I feel...deaf and blind...with these." She said sadly before she closed her eyes. "Tired...I am...tired..."

"I know...it is not forever though. Just until you are stronger. Get some rest..." He pulled up the blankets and tried to get her more comfortable as best he could.

To the spirit he said, "Friend, thank you for your message. Was there anything else your Master told you to tell me?" He waited a moment for him to answer before continuing, "I'm afraid that I cannot play this time but perhaps next time, when we meet again if circumstance allows me. And do tell your Master that your message was well-given and well-received. It was pleasing speaking with you." As amusing, warming and heart-lifting as his presence was to Adley (at least aside from hearing someone got whipped at Lux Iternis), if it was his room he might light a candle for him at least but it was not and Beatrice needed things to be peaceful and calm and he could not leave yet. When the imp returned to his pater he would likely get something, spoiled as he was, or at least a thank you.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:36 am

"She needs rest. But setting fire to her will not help her as it does you, little flame." He smiled a little. Human beings were very complicated, he couldn't help but agree. "Your Master is correct that it would not solve the problem."

"You humans are very impractical, you are not one thing, you change allot, and you are not durable."
The Umbrood said and cocked it's head looking at you.
"And humans like you are even more complicated but normal humans can not see me so I guess you are somewhat practical anyway, just your kind of human."

"I like her too. I am sure that setting her on fire will not make her happy or any healthier," he reiterated. To Beatrice he said, "He is concerned for your health and he says that he likes you because you play games with him," he said of the playful spirit.

"When can she make me bubbles again."
The little spirit said, showing it was advanced enough to at least have a rudimentary concept of time. Beatrice smiles a little.
"Tall him...it is my pleasure and...I wish I could see him but...energies have always been easier for me to see and interact with...than spirits."
The Verbena muttered weakly.

"Please tell him that we are as well as could be expected." He thought he would be able to infer that they were safe, Mandis alive but that it had not been easy on them.

"I will deliver the message, that is what I do, I set things on fire and I deliver messages."
The Umbrood said happily.

He raised his eyebrow and frowned at the comment about the man being flogged at Lux Iternis and sighed. The spirit had pieced together it as best it could, given what it was and had tried to come to a conclusion, though not the right one. "I see, no that is not camouflage..."...he could not help think of Gwen.

"Then why do your skin change color?"
The Umbrood said but was temporarily distracted from the conversation by it's own little stereotypical spear shaped tail and trying to capture it.

"Perhaps you can show me sometime, when you are feeling better," he gave her hand a soft squeeze, minding the bruises. He could see how it would be a good way for a child to learn, to play a game...or even himself, if he were practicing hand gestures again, it would be a way to learn.

Beatrice smiles a little and nodded.
"I would like that..."
She muttered, her hand returning the squeeze weakly.

"I know...it is not forever though. Just until you are stronger. Get some rest..." He pulled up the blankets and tried to get her more comfortable as best he could.

The young blood witch nodded and closed her eyes, she did seam somewhat calmer after Tane had shown her Avatar, at least she now knew it was alive and that those around her did not just claim it was to spare her sorrow. Beatrice's breath slowed and she fell asleep, mewling slightly in her sleep but being relatively calm.

To the spirit he said, "Friend, thank you for your message. Was there anything else your Master told you to tell me?" He waited a moment for him to answer before continuing,

The Umbrood how had by now managed to catch it's own tail and had done the most logical thing with it, but it in his mouth looks at you then it seam to remember something.
"Yes master shown me something to show you, I forgot as it is not words and make no sense, but master say to do it and he is kind, he give me yummy food and keep me safe."
The Umbrood said as soon as he had taken his own tail out of his mouth and then he looked down at his hands and made three signs with them.

Jeffry Morgan was a tactical man and a strong believer in better safe than sorry, as such he had decided a simple code where certain words in some contexts would send another message, so you for example could tell you would be back later that afternoon but in reality said you where being held at gunpoint by the Technocracy, the code was not complex but had a few words, it also had a few gestures that easily could be flashed discreetly under the table to give a message when it might not be safe to speak, and the imp showed the signs for Nephandi, hiding and Lux Itineris. The signs where made up by your mentor, only you and your sister knew them, meaning this way he could send the warning without anyone else catching on, he had discovered a double agent at the biggest and most powerful Chantry of Boston.
"It makes no sense but master say to show you playing with fingers this way and then forget it."
The imp said looking puzzled.

"I'm afraid that I cannot play this time but perhaps next time, when we meet again if circumstance allows me. And do tell your Master that your message was well-given and well-received. It was pleasing speaking with you." As amusing, warming and heart-lifting as his presence was to Adley (at least aside from hearing someone got whipped at Lux Iternis), if it was his room he might light a candle for him at least but it was not and Beatrice needed things to be peaceful and calm and he could not leave yet. When the imp returned to his pater he would likely get something, spoiled as he was, or at least a thank you.

The little Umbrood looked quite disappointed then it sigh.
"I must go then, must get back to master, it is scary out right now, those like me are uneasy and are on the move, many bigger like me leaving their domains and even human leftovers wandering where they should not be, very scary, but master keeps me safe, he will slap away mean beings like me."
The imp said then it vanished in a poof of smoke, leaving behind a faint smell of sulfur.

Soon after the imp left Amadeus returned to Beatrice's bedroom, the old Verbena had showered, his long pale blond hair breaching past his bum when wet and handing loose, and he had thrown on yet another plain linen shirt, this one pale gray with a bit of green embroidery in Celtic patterns on the sleeves.
"How is she?"
The old Verbena said concerned while he used the opportunity to set on some coffee.
"Thank you for staying with her Mr Roth Hicks."
Amadeus said then he sniffed the air.
"That little imp your mentor treat like a pampered poodle have been here I smell."
He muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:04 am

"When can she make me bubbles again." The little spirit said, showing it was advanced enough to at least have a rudimentary concept of time.

Beatrice smiles a little."Tall him...it is my pleasure and...I wish I could see him but...energies have always been easier for me to see and interact with...than spirits."

"When she is feeling stronger. She says that it is her pleasure to play such games with you," he said, though he would be able to tell himself in likelihood.

"I will deliver the message, that is what I do, I set things on fire and I deliver messages." The Umbrood said happily.

"Thank you."

He was glad not to have to make an excuse not to indulge the spirit's curiosity, watching it as it chased it's tail, a smile tugging at his mouth.

"Yes master shown me something to show you...the imp showed the signs for Nephandi, hiding and Lux Itineris. "It makes no sense but master say to show you playing with fingers this way and then forget it."

The smile dropped from his face as he watched the hand signs, eyes widening as he recognized each sign. He sat up a little straighter, and then he asked the spirit, "I see. There was nothing else?...Thank you. Do as he says, then." He had told him as much as would be safe for him to say, it was clear...but Adley wished there had been more. How many Nephandi, -who- were they...was the tass in danger of being recaptured, was his pater in danger of being captured...did he need help?

"I must go then, must get back to master, it is scary out right now, those like me are uneasy and are on the move, many bigger like me leaving their domains and even human leftovers wandering where they should not be, very scary, but master keeps me safe, he will slap away mean beings like me."

"Human leftovers?" Perhaps he meant vampires..."Safe travels, little flame." His face looked more drawn than it had during most of their conversation as he bid him farewell.

"How is she?" The old Verbena said concerned while he used the opportunity to set on some coffee."Thank you for staying with her Mr Roth Hicks."

Adley let go of Beatrice's hand and stood up when he returned, looking taut as a bowstring about to fire an arrow. "She had some food and seems to be resting."

Amadeus said then he sniffed the air. "That little imp your mentor treat like a pampered poodle have been here I smell."He muttered.

"Yes and he has delivered an important message. If you'll excuse me, I must go tell the Primus."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:19 am

"When she is feeling stronger. She says that it is her pleasure to play such games with you," he said, though he would be able to tell himself in likelihood.

The imp looked more cheerful and nodded.
"Good."
It said happily.

The smile dropped from his face as he watched the hand signs, eyes widening as he recognized each sign. He sat up a little straighter, and then he asked the spirit, "I see. There was nothing else?...Thank you. Do as he says, then." He had told him as much as would be safe for him to say, it was clear...but Adley wished there had been more. How many Nephandi, -who- were they...was the tass in danger of being recaptured, was his pater in danger of being captured...did he need help?

"No nothing more."
The imp said.
"That is all my master told me to say. I will forget now."
It said happily and begun to play with it's own tail again.

"Human leftovers?" Perhaps he meant vampires..."Safe travels, little flame." His face looked more drawn than it had during most of their conversation as he bid him farewell.

"Yes human leftovers."
The imp said as if saying it one more time would make it all more clear, then it vanished in a ball of flame to travel back to it's master's protection.

Adley let go of Beatrice's hand and stood up when he returned, looking taut as a bowstring about to fire an arrow. "She had some food and seems to be resting."

"Good."
Amadeus muttered but his brow knitted and he frowned when he saw how tense you where.

"Yes and he has delivered an important message. If you'll excuse me, I must go tell the Primus."

"The spirit did not bring good news I see. Yes off course, have a good night Mr Roth Hicks."
The old Verbena said as he filled a cup of coffee and went to sit down by Beatrice's bedside.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Tane was surprised the girl said she had listened about him, but he was hapilly amused. I'm Tane Karyak, and i spect you heard only good things. You're miss Day, right?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:09 pm

The girl nodded.
"Yeah I am Henrietta Day and as for what I have heard about you, well mostly that you might be from the Dreamspeakers might be from a Craft and that you have a Rokea with you."
The young woman said and she clearly knew what they where called.
"Come in, what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:57 pm

AH, well, not a lot and all true. Tane said, stepping inside when she offered. I'm happy to see you have some idea of rokeas, because i have a problem i think you can help me with. My friend found a wounded Ananasi, apparently wounded by a fomorian that is helping our nephandi friend. We are hunting both of them and we think she can give us a lead on where to look, but the thing is, the girl is almost dead and we need someone to tell us more about Ananasi and help us heal it.

You know anything about Ananasis?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:59 pm

"The spirit did not bring good news I see. Yes off course, have a good night Mr Roth Hicks." The old Verbena said as he filled a cup of coffee and went to sit down by Beatrice's bedside.

"Good evening," he said, but with the way things were going he would be glad if his pater got out of Lux Iternis alive and unharmed. He went straight to the Primus's apartments, hoping that Narim was still going to be there as well.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Tane:

"Ananasi...hum...they are the spiders are they not?"
Henrietta said she lead you into a room decked out in posters for metal bands, some picture of her family, and shelf full of movies and a clean, simple interior.
"I am afraid I do not know allot about them other than that they are different from other fera in that they are not connected to the dynamic element, but rather the static one."
The young woman said.
"From what I know about the werespiders what you do to help one of them is to give them blood, they are not dynamic like the rest of the fera so they will not be able to heal in the same way."
The Hollow One said with a smile.
"Or you get someone with healing magick to help, or get them to the hospital...if in human form."

Adley:

"Good evening," he said, but with the way things were going he would be glad if his pater got out of Lux Iternis alive and unharmed. He went straight to the Primus's apartments, hoping that Narim was still going to be there as well.

You knock on George's door and the ancient mage opened it almost immediately and motioned you inside.
"I have poured some tea."
The Guernicus said as if he knew you where coming. Inside of his room you see Narim sitting in a chair.
"Do come in, tell me what is wrong."
George said as he motioned you inside. Narim gave you a nod as you entered.
"Hello again."
He said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:26 pm

At least he'd given him the chance to knock this time...he nodded to the elder mage, face looking drawn and went inside and then to Narim as well. He looked around for anyone else present before heading for where the tea had been set. "I have received some messages from my pater. A little while ago, he texted me to say that he had arrived at Lux Iternis with the tass after running into the Technocracy on his way and that he was going to get a friend to give him a ride home later. However, he then sent me a spirit messenger." He sat down, frowning. "The spirit messenger gave me a secret message, a message that only myself, the Chief and one other person would know how to decipher, something that we have developed for emergencies. Emergencies such as when you are in a place where you cannot speak freely but need to impart a message in front of potential adversaries.

"The message was three words: Nephandi, hiding, and Lux Iternis." Adley looked at them. "I am certain this was the meaning of the hidden message. He then told the messenger to forget this, therefore I did not believe it was safe to return a similar message and therefore compromise him, if he has not yet been discovered with this knowledge. This is extremely bad news...for many reasons - none the least for the fact the tass we just captured...we may have just returned to them along with a Master level magi. And he went to speak to the Preaco about this...everything we've said in the past regarding shared tactics may have been compromised." He shook his head. They did not know the depth of the infiltration, but it was bad...very very bad.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:41 pm

At least he'd given him the chance to knock this time...he nodded to the elder mage, face looking drawn and went inside and then to Narim as well. "I have received some messages from my pater. A little while ago, he texted me to say that he had arrived at Lux Iternis with the tass after running into the Technocracy on his way and that he was going to get a friend to give him a ride home later. However, he then sent me a spirit messenger." He sat down, frowning. "The spirit messenger gave me a secret message, a message that only myself, the Chief and one other person would know how to decipher, something that we have developed for emergencies. Emergencies such as when you are in a place where you cannot speak freely but need to impart a message in front of potential adversaries.

"It do not surprise me that Jeffry have such a system."
George said.
"We chose well when we started this Chantry and choose him to handle security...what di the message say?"
The ancient mage asked, he seamed less concerned about the Technocracy right now, after all if the Chief had reached Lux Iternis then he would have escaped their grasp at least for now and there where probably more pressing concerns.

"The message was three words: Nephandi, hiding, and Lux Iternis." Adley looked at them. "I am certain this was the meaning of the hidden message. He then told the messenger to forget this, therefore I did not believe it was safe to return a similar message and therefore compromise him, if he has not yet been discovered with this knowledge. This is extremely bad news...for many reasons - none the least for the fact the tass we just captured...we may have just returned to them along with a Master level magi."

"Did the message indicate how many Nephandi that might be hiding at our allied Chantry?"
George said, he looked worried about the news.
"If it is one then it is unlikely one mage could take out your mentor and capture the vis alone, not with so many other loyal magi around, but if it where more of them..."
The former judge let the words hang in the air.
"This is not good news."
He said thoughtfully.

Narim looked a little nervous.
"Should we go and fetch the Chief?"
He asked and George sigh.
"Maybe but that would also leave us open, we are six Masters of the Art currently at Steelhaven though, me, you, Miss Telar, Mara, and Darrian Haagen and Amadeus Nassa, we could probably spare one or two, on the other hand if we do not have a good reason to show up out of the blue that might draw suspicion to the Chief."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next