Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:34 pm

"No - there was not any more information." Adley took a breath and then thought about the situation as clearly as he could. "He did not tell us to extract him, either or that he needed help yet. Though that does not mean he does not or will not."

"Maybe but that would also leave us open, we are six Masters of the Art currently at Steelhaven though, me, you, Miss Telar, Mara, and Darrian Haagen and Amadeus Nassa, we could probably spare one or two, on the other hand if we do not have a good reason to show up out of the blue that might draw suspicion to the Chief."

Adley frowned; he'd just had this conversation about June though the implications of the Chief were not exactly the same as the young Nephandus, for obvious reasons. "Mrs Telar has two patients and is currently one of the best people to deal with Spiritual defense with my pater gone, Master Nassa has Beatrice and also is one of our best healers, plus  he is already taxed from saving Mandis. You, Primus, are the best defense of the Chantry, period. Narim has no cause to suddenly show up at Lux Iternis and his ars are important in our defense here as well."

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:46 pm

"No - there was not any more information." Adley took a breath and then thought about the situation as clearly as he could. "He did not tell us to extract him, either or that he needed help yet. Though that does not mean he does not or will not."

"Then it is probably wait and see if an request for extraction arrives, if we go in before that point we might end up compromising him or get in the way of him finding out more. Now most likely taking out Jeffry at such a large Chantry will not be practically possible so he should be fairly safe, unless there is several infiltrators."
George said as he put a cup of tea before you.

Adley frowned; he'd just had this conversation about June though the implications of the Chief were not exactly the same as the young Nephandus, for obvious reasons. "Mrs Telar has two patients and is currently one of the best people to deal with Spiritual defense with my pater gone, Master Nassa has Beatrice and also is one of our best healers, plus he is already taxed from saving Mandis. You, Primus, are the best defense of the Chantry, period. Narim has no cause to suddenly show up at Lux Iternis and his ars are important in our defense here as well."

"So again we sit back and do nothing?"
Narim asked and sigh and George nodded.
"Right now I think waiting is our best option, Jeffry Morgan are far from helpless, and we stand ready to get him out if a call for help comes, even if there is one traitor at our allies Chantry we can not exactly storm their fences either, we will need them in this upcoming conflict."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:43 pm

He looked at the cup of tea, not touching it. Clearly he did not like what he was hearing, that they were not going to do anything but he did not like his assessment of their status either. But his pater would want him to protect the Chantry, he knew that too. He looked conflicted. "He told me to sleep with one eye open," he said. That, and the comment about practicing his hand gestures had certainly taken on deeper meaning.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:21 pm

"Hum, that could be a warning to all of us, what if the Nephandi are intending a counter attack?"
Narim asked a bit nervously.
"Sooner or later I imagine they will as our information indicate they need a widderslainte and we have two not to mention that we are a constant thorn in their side, or at least try to, it would be tactical to try to eliminate us, but given our numbers it is not so easy."
George said and Narim nodded the Virtual Adept seamed to be considering.
"Who sleep with one eye open..."
He muttered to himself.
"Hum...it is probably nothing but are anyone keeping track of the Hedge Wizards we have on loan from Lux Itineris?"
The Virtual Adept suddenly asked.
"They are said to half sleep or sleep with one eye open..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:21 pm

THey're knitter's creatures? that's why Coawa would have killed them.
We can't take them to the hospital, she could ran away and we would be without the info we need. Do they have any allergy to metals as garou have with silver and mokole with gold? Maybe then he could help her in the house.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:38 pm

THey're knitter's creatures? that's why Coawa would have killed them.

"Knitter? That sounds like someone's old grandmother but yes they are static, not dynamic."
The young woman said.

We can't take them to the hospital, she could ran away and we would be without the info we need.

"Not to mention that she might decide to reenact scenes from Lord of the Rings right there in the hospital if she get desperate enough."
Henrietta said.
"So do you want a cup of coffee or something?"
She offered.

Do they have any allergy to metals as garou have with silver and mokole with gold? Maybe then he could help her in the house.

"I am not a living wikipedia page on shifters, I just know a few. As far as I know, and I might be completely wrong here, it is the connection to the Wyld that give the metal weaknesses as well as their ability to heal, so if that is right then an Ananasi would lack both, but really I am just speculating here but since they do need Quintessence in some form, in this case from blood to heal, it is possible the other part to it are right as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:05 pm

"Hum...it is probably nothing but are anyone keeping track of the Hedge Wizards we have on loan from Lux Itineris?" The Virtual Adept suddenly asked. "They are said to half sleep or sleep with one eye open..."

"I thought that Hildegaard was assisting with that?" he said, trying to recall who else might have helped with them besides himself who had been too busy to sleep. "I am not sure, though. I have not been able to keep an eye long on much of anything," he confessed. Juggling all that had been going on was a challenge to say the least and he knew that taking your eye off of one thing at the wrong time could allow problems. He hoped he hadn't overlooked something important again. "I think this message was before he had arrived in the Chantry proper though since it was via the first texts."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:41 pm

"Yes Miss Gottschalk is leading the group protecting the villa Node, however I was thinking those of our guests who are not at the villa right now."
Narim said.
"Well it is probably as you say that the first message was before he arrived with our allies, however I will check up on our guests just to be sure, but it is also important to not get to paranoid either."
The Virtual Adept said.

George nodded.
"Well at least now we know something is rotten over at Lux Itineris, but for now other than to strengthen our defenses I do not think there is much more we can do right now. Narim, if you would check on our guests just to be on the safe side."
The ancient mage said then he sigh and turns to you.
"Thank you for brining this to our attention Mr Roth Hicks. For now I am inclined to wait for further messages or to see how the situation evolves as we just know to little at the moment, and stepping wrong right now can lead to more trouble than good, however if you have any other suggestions I would be all ears. Forgive me young man I know you are worried about Jeffry, however right now he might be getting us important information and like I said given where he is, the direct danger is not that great, hopefully he will get home safely."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:59 pm

"Well it is probably as you say that the first message was before he arrived with our allies, however I will check up on our guests just to be sure, but it is also important to not get to paranoid either." The Virtual Adept said.

"I thought I was being paranoid before and then I got his message," he said with a sigh.

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention Mr Roth Hicks. For now I am inclined to wait for further messages or to see how the situation evolves as we just know to little at the moment, and stepping wrong right now can lead to more trouble than good, however if you have any other suggestions I would be all ears. Forgive me young man I know you are worried about Jeffry, however right now he might be getting us important information and like I said given where he is, the direct danger is not that great, hopefully he will get home safely."

"Pardon me but as you said, we do not know enough to quantify the danger as great or minimal or somewhere between. If my pater thought it best to send a message in this manner, he is assuming that anything he says could endanger his position. It does not take a large group of people to infiltrate somewhere, just someone with the right connections. We do not know how long they have been working on this or where these people are placed, nor if they are hiding in plain sight, have assistance, nothing." He frowned. "There is one other thing...I do not know if it is related or not. However, after speaking with you Narim about how the tass can transform a place or person, I am wondering..." He looked at the Primus. "Did my pater mention anything to you about Deacon Dupuis? Also, I would not like Narim to go alone, under the circumstances."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:45 pm

I'm ok, thanks. Yeah, the hospital is not the best place to take her.
He said, with a smirk.
Where could i get enough blood without killing anything?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:09 am

Adley:

"I thought I was being paranoid before and then I got his message," he said with a sigh.

"Yes these last few days have certainly been ones to awaken the latent paranoia in all of us."
Narim said and sigh.
"And with good reason as well."

"Pardon me but as you said, we do not know enough to quantify the danger as great or minimal or somewhere between. If my pater thought it best to send a message in this manner, he is assuming that anything he says could endanger his position. It does not take a large group of people to infiltrate somewhere, just someone with the right connections. We do not know how long they have been working on this or where these people are placed, nor if they are hiding in plain sight, have assistance, nothing." He frowned.

"You are right off course young man."
George said then he continued.
"And I am not saying there are no danger, however it is not very likely all of Lux Itineris are compromised meaning taking someone out is not easy...though that do not mean all is well, especially considering that tass that Jeffry was delivering there. Now when it comes to the message it was a warning to be sure but it is also wise to send such a warning regardless in such a situation so that if something happen your allies know about the infiltrator."
The ancient mage said as he sipped his tea.

He frowned. "There is one other thing...I do not know if it is related or not. However, after speaking with you Narim about how the tass can transform a place or person, I am wondering..." He looked at the Primus. "Did my pater mention anything to you about Deacon Dupuis? Also, I would not like Narim to go alone, under the circumstances."

"Yes such tass could cause the changes that have been seen in Deacon Dupuis."
George said.
"Jeffry did mention the situation yes and it do sound like a massive Resonance problem, being around or using such tass would create massive Resonance, in fact the Resonance would not be just Entropic it would be Jhor, the death taint. This is why so many Euthanatoi die so young, their Traditionmates kill them when they build up to much of the death taint from working with underworld energies and they change from just, kind men and women to fight to protect the Cycle to serial killers who just enjoy killing and destroying. I am not saying this is what have happened but I am saying this could happen to a mage to handle corrupted Quintessence."
The former judge said in a serious tone of voice.
"No I would not send Narim alone, however and I do not mean to be cruel Adley I am not sure I would send you, to me you look like you are so tired you are ready to drop, if I am sending someone as back up with Narim they have to be able to defend him."
George said in an apologetic tone of voice.
"Unless you can convince me that you should go, if we are sending anyone that is as there is a danger in sending someone to back your pater up as well."

Tane:

I'm ok, thanks. Yeah, the hospital is not the best place to take her.
He said, with a smirk.

"I will make some for myself then if you do not mind."
Henrietta said as she begun making some coffee in her kitchen.

Where could i get enough blood without killing anything?

"Now that is the question, I have already been able to get some for our vampire prisoner in the basement, poor thing I hate seeing them staked, anyway getting more can be difficult. Luckily Ananasi are not as picky eaters as vampires so animal blood go down just fine and do the job, you could use that."
The young woman said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:37 am

You think they need blood froom a human being or asking the butcher would be enough?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:47 am

"Yes such tass could cause the changes that have been seen in Deacon Dupuis."George said. "Jeffry did mention the situation yes...

"I am not saying that is what caused his issue either...but it is something to be aware of, just in case."

"No I would not send Narim alone, however and I do not mean to be cruel Adley I am not sure I would send you, to me you look like you are so tired you are ready to drop, if I am sending someone as back up with Narim they have to be able to defend him." George said in an apologetic tone of voice. "Unless you can convince me that you should go, if we are sending anyone that is as there is a danger in sending someone to back your pater up as well."

Adley looked as if he were bout to protest but instead confusion crossed his face. "You said that you did not think anyone should go in order to preserve the element of surprise, now you wish to send Narim and someone else to check this out. I don't know...I want everyone to stay here where they can be protected, where we can protect each other in the event the Nephandi take this opportunity to strike on us. I have not the ars of fati or temporalis - however I am starting to feel confused over what direction we should be going." It was not as if he was going to be able to sleep well if he had one eye open anyway. But he also knew that playing it too safe had not saved anyone, all he had to do was think of what had happened at the ambush. He continued after a pause, "It is not so much sleep deprivation that I am experiencing, for I recently rested even though there has been a battle I might in other circumstances be able to continue for I am not wounded physically. It is a different kind of tired." There was no use sugar coating it, though he hated to admit weakness, if the Primus could see it so plainly...and his physical tiredness from what had happened would catch up with him at some point.

"There is one thing else...the spirit messenger told me that the spirits were restless, that many of those like him and greater were on the move and that there were 'leftover humans' about. I have made some connections with some of the spirits at Lux Iternis and also have a favor to call in from a spirit I know. I am not sure what use they might be but I would use them to prevent losing anyone, putting anyone into harm's way unnecessarily or to tip the fact that my pater has found out something that others would rather he not be aware of...within the Code of course." He didn't want to waste such a resource but if they were determined to go then he would give what he could to have everyone come back safely.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:05 am

Tane:

You think they need blood froom a human being or asking the butcher would be enough?

"Animal blood will do fine, however it have to be fresh enough that the energy have not left it yet."
Henrietta explained.
"At least if they work like anything else I know of that drink blood, for then it is not the plasma and cells that give the effect they need, but the Quintessence in the blood, it is the same principle the Verbena use for their magick."

Adley:

"I am not saying that is what caused his issue either...but it is something to be aware of, just in case."

"Yes absolutely, it is a thing to keep in mind."
George said.

Adley looked as if he were bout to protest but instead confusion crossed his face. "You said that you did not think anyone should go in order to preserve the element of surprise, now you wish to send Narim and someone else to check this out. I don't know...I want everyone to stay here where they can be protected, where we can protect each other in the event the Nephandi take this opportunity to strike on us. I have not the ars of fati or temporalis - however I am starting to feel confused over what direction we should be going."

"I am more inclined to wait for now, but it is hard to know what to do with this information."
George said then he sigh.
"However if we send someone it should probably be Narim, if for nothing else then his ability to get out of a sticky situation quickly and that he can send part of himself..."
George begun and Narim shook his head.
"No I do go completely but I can be at several places at once."
He corrected and the older mage nodded.
"Well in either case for now we wait but if Jeffry need help we are going to have to have a plan in place."

It was not as if he was going to be able to sleep well if he had one eye open anyway. But he also knew that playing it too safe had not saved anyone, all he had to do was think of what had happened at the ambush. He continued after a pause, "It is not so much sleep deprivation that I am experiencing, for I recently rested even though there has been a battle I might in other circumstances be able to continue for I am not wounded physically. It is a different kind of tired." There was no use sugar coating it, though he hated to admit weakness, if the Primus could see it so plainly...and his physical tiredness from what had happened would catch up with him at some point.

"Go and get some rest, and return to me with information if you hear anything new. We will give it until dawn and trust that Jeffry know what he is doing and if he is not back by then we will go and get him."
George said, though he hesitated, the war mage was one of his oldest still living friends and he was worried about him.
"I will plan out a group to go an rescue him just in case, but for now, get some rest Mr Roth Hicks, these last few days have been trying, and especially for you and yours."
The former judge said kindly.

"There is one thing else...the spirit messenger told me that the spirits were restless, that many of those like him and greater were on the move and that there were 'leftover humans' about.

"Yes, I have noticed that as well, that the Umbrood are uneasy and moving around where they usually kept to their domains."
George muttered puzzled.
"Human leftovers would be wraiths, I guess they would appear so to an Umbrood."

I have made some connections with some of the spirits at Lux Iternis and also have a favor to call in from a spirit I know. I am not sure what use they might be but I would use them to prevent losing anyone, putting anyone into harm's way unnecessarily or to tip the fact that my pater has found out something that others would rather he not be aware of...within the Code of course." He didn't want to waste such a resource but if they were determined to go then he would give what he could to have everyone come back safely.

"If a rescue mission becomes necessary then your allies will be most useful Mr Roth Hicks, for now I think the least amount of attention drawn the better."
George said though he again seamed a bit unsure of what the best path would be.
"I know Jeffry, he is good at getting into trouble, but he is also good at getting out of it again."
He said in a reassuring tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:26 am

How much does she need if she's unconcious due to the injuries? A glass, a littre? A dropp?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:59 am

How much does she need if she's unconcious due to the injuries? A glass, a littre? A dropp?

"I am not sure, I do not know enough about them, only what my Fiancé told me, and he...was not a Ananasi himself he just knew allot about the changing breeds."
Henrietta said and glanced at a picture that stood on a nearby shelf, a picture of herself together with a large, very pale blue eyed man.
"Well anyway I would suspect a goat or two should suffice from stories of what do missing around spider women in Japan, sometimes listening to local legends pay of, and the Ananasi have a pretty strong presence in Japan. But like I said I do not know all the details."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:13 am

"No I do go completely but I can be at several places at once." He corrected and the older mage nodded...

"You can be in several places at once?" He paused, then asked, "What happens to..." He stopped, tried again. "If something happens to you in one place what happens to you in the other places?"

"Well in either case for now we wait but if Jeffry need help we are going to have to have a plan in place."

"Yes, I understand now. It is better to have a plan B that we will never need than not have one at all and need it."

"Go and get some rest, and return to me with information if you hear anything new. We will give it until dawn and trust that Jeffry know what he is doing and if he is not back by then we will go and get him." George said, though he hesitated, the war mage was one of his oldest still living friends and he was worried about him. "I will plan out a group to go an rescue him just in case, but for now, get some rest Mr Roth Hicks, these last few days have been trying, and especially for you and yours.

"Yes, Primus." He frowned. He was worried too but it was true that he might not be in the best shape right now to go on such a mission. None of them were though. He would have to find a way to rest and be ready as soon as he was needed, be in the best shape he could be.

George muttered puzzled. "Human leftovers would be wraiths, I guess they would appear so to an Umbrood."

"Ah, that makes more sense...I thought vampires but no, that makes more sense."

"If a rescue mission becomes necessary then your allies will be most useful Mr Roth Hicks, for now I think the least amount of attention drawn the better." George said though he again seamed a bit unsure of what the best path would be. "I know Jeffry, he is good at getting into trouble, but he is also good at getting out of it again."

He didn't like the uncertainty in the eyes of the Primus. But he understood it fully because he shared it. Still, as Narim had said they could only do the best that they could. He hope this time it would be enough, be the right thing, pan out in the best way possible. Protect the Chantry, and keep everyone safe. "I hear that is a defining trait of our House," he said, trying to gather up his hope and courage both, put faith in his pater and himself as well. He looked over at Narim. "I have borrowed a phone, I can't recall if you have the number or not, do you need it? Please don't hesitate to call me if there is some way that I can help.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:58 am

"You can be in several places at once?" He paused, then asked, "What happens to..." He stopped, tried again. "If something happens to you in one place what happens to you in the other places?"

"I do not copy myself, I am in several places as once, you see space as we know it is an illusion. This chair I am sitting in only appear to be in a different location from the stove in the kitchen because our human minds need that difference to make sense o the world, all the data as it where are in one place, as such while I might appear to be in different locations that is just manipulating the data to overcome this illusion so if I get hurt in one location I get hurt in all of them."
Narim explained.

"Yes, I understand now. It is better to have a plan B that we will never need than not have one at all and need it."

George nodded at that, yes when it came to the safety of members of the Chantry it was always wise to have a back up plan.

"Yes, Primus." He frowned. He was worried too but it was true that he might not be in the best shape right now to go on such a mission. None of them were though. He would have to find a way to rest and be ready as soon as he was needed, be in the best shape he could be.

The old Guernicus gave you a warm smile.
"Jeffry is a old man Mr Roth Hicks, he have not survived fr centuries by being easy to kill. Do try to relax until we know more."

"Ah, that makes more sense...I thought vampires but no, that makes more sense."

"I am not an expert on the masassa but most of them do not do well in the Umbra, there are exceptions I hear but for the most part they will then be cut of from the day and night cycle they are so tied to and fall into a deep sleep if you take them any deeper then the near Umbra."
George explained.
"Not that I have ever tried to take one of their kind into the spirit world."

"I hear that is a defining trait of our House," he said, trying to gather up his hope and courage both, put faith in his pater and himself as well.

Narim smiles a little and George grins.
"Well it would not be uncommon for Flambeau to have such a characteristic about them no."
The ancient mage said before he sipped his tea.

He looked over at Narim. "I have borrowed a phone, I can't recall if you have the number or not, do you need it? Please don't hesitate to call me if there is some way that I can help.

"I do have it, I keep a list of the phone numbers and mail addresses of everyone at the Chantry, Adjan gave me your current number and I will call you if I need any help with this, for now though all we can do is wait."
The young Master of the Art said.
"And hopefully everything will work out fine."
He continued and George nodded but it was clear the soon to be Postulant was worried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:21 am

"I do not copy myself, I am in several places as once, you see space as we know it is an illusion...if I get hurt in one location I get hurt in all of them."Narim explained.

"I had a feeling you were going to say that," he said with a frown. All the data in one place...Adley looked very uncomfortable, then glanced at Narim for a long moment. "We cannot afford to lose anyone, that includes you."

The old Guernicus gave you a warm smile. "Jeffry is a old man Mr Roth Hicks, he have not survived fr centuries by being easy to kill. Do try to relax until we know more."

He shook his head a little, not sure if he should tell them but he knew he was concerned that the same mistake might occur and he could not rest with his pater in at Lux Iternis. "I keep having dreams...well, they are not dreams. They are experiences." He hesitated, looking down at his hands as he continued, not used to disclosing anything personal but who knew what might turn out to be important. "In the 'dream,' I see a friend, a good friend that I trust, that has always had my back. He comes before me and he is uncertain. "He is telling me that he is being called away that morning and I know that I should go with him, that he wants me to go, but will not ask. But I do not. I have my reasons lined up and one of them is that he should be safe with those of his House. Why would there be reason to think otherwise? In the end, he goes alone to meet his fate - he was of the House Tremere." He looked askance and then drew his hands back into his lap. "I know that this is not identical...yet, my pater did ride out alone into a Chantry where he should be safe. And I see the uncertainty in your eyes, Primus; you are the one that understands the art of time, knew that I was coming to your door. So, I felt that I should tell you. And you as well, Narim. I don't mean to waste any time or cause more paranoia; so much has happened to me that I do not know where all the pieces fit, only that I have some. Perhaps it is not related, or related in a different way but..." He shook his head, rubbing a hand through his hair. "I cannot afford privacy, if it is some warning...or...well, I don't know."

"I do have it, I keep a list of the phone numbers and mail addresses of everyone at the Chantry, Adjan gave me your current number and I will call you if I need any help with this, for now though all we can do is wait." The young Master of the Art said. "And hopefully everything will work out fine."He continued and George nodded but it was clear the soon to be Postulant was worried.

Adley frowned at them. "I wish that I could afford to be optimistic - I'm suddenly not very good at waiting of late, for good and ill."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:44 am

"I had a feeling you were going to say that," he said with a frown. All the data in one place...Adley looked very uncomfortable, then glanced at Narim for a long moment. "We cannot afford to lose anyone, that includes you."

"Well I certainly have no desire to be lost.
Narim said and gave a wry smile.
"But yes if a plan B becomes necessary I will be careful, thank you for your concern Adley."

He shook his head a little, not sure if he should tell them but he knew he was concerned that the same mistake might occur and he could not rest with his pater in at Lux Iternis. "I keep having dreams...well, they are not dreams. They are experiences." He hesitated, looking down at his hands as he continued, not used to disclosing anything personal but who knew what might turn out to be important. "In the 'dream,' I see a friend, a good friend that I trust, that has always had my back. He comes before me and he is uncertain. "He is telling me that he is being called away that morning and I know that I should go with him, that he wants me to go, but will not ask. But I do not. I have my reasons lined up and one of them is that he should be safe with those of his House. Why would there be reason to think otherwise? In the end, he goes alone to meet his fate - he was of the House Tremere."

George is silent as you tell your story, finally he asks.
"A past life memory then?"
Looking down the old mage mutters.
"I was an apprentice when the wounds from that catastrophe was far fresher than now, though it had still been a few hundred years...so many Avatars lost...and I know at times we step wrong or do not do what is needed when it is needed, but there are also times when acting without information is more dangerous than waiting."
The old mage said.
"Do you know why you are having these memories now, or have you always had vivid throwbacks?"
George asked then he sigh.
"Forgive me, there is no need to answer such a personal question Mr Roth Hicks."
He added softly.

He looked askance and then drew his hands back into his lap. "I know that this is not identical...yet, my pater did ride out alone into a Chantry where he should be safe. And I see the uncertainty in your eyes, Primus; you are the one that understands the art of time, knew that I was coming to your door. So, I felt that I should tell you. And you as well, Narim. I don't mean to waste any time or cause more paranoia; so much has happened to me that I do not know where all the pieces fit, only that I have some. Perhaps it is not related, or related in a different way but..." He shook his head, rubbing a hand through his hair. "I cannot afford privacy, if it is some warning...or...well, I don't know."

"I do not know what your experiences mean Mr Roth Hicks and yes I am uncertain, Jeffry Morgan have been a member of my Cabal for a very long time, I would hate to loose him and the situation is dangerous. I will not pretend to know everything, at the end of the day, under all my powers I am just a man and all I can do is the best with what I know, and currently without more information we risk alienating an ally or worse put your mentor at greater risk if we march in there, especially since we do not know who the infiltrator is. My experience tell me to wait but yes my heart want to go and get my friend out of a dangerous situation and if what you tell me are a potential warning that do not lessen that desire."
George said and sigh.

Adley frowned at them. "I wish that I could afford to be optimistic - I'm suddenly not very good at waiting of late, for good and ill."

"I would not either if my mentor was in such a situation."
Narim said.
"You should have seen me when I was just a child and had t stay behind while he lead a strike on Mecha itself, saving dozens of slaves, he is a hero but I was a nervous wreck."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:15 pm

"Well I certainly have no desire to be lost. Narim said and gave a wry smile. "But yes if a plan B becomes necessary I will be careful, thank you for your concern Adley."

He felt a fresh wave of embarrassment brewing but didn't say anything else.

"A past life memory then?" Looking down the old mage mutters... "Do you know why you are having these memories now, or have you always had vivid throwbacks?" George asked then he sigh. "Forgive me, there is no need to answer such a personal question Mr Roth Hicks."

"When...with what happened to Beatrice. And then when we were able to rest in the bubble, earlier I had a longer remembrance. But no, I have never had such vivid memories, that I recall. I thought it was related to Beatrice's situation, with saving her avatar from destruction and it may very well still be."

"My experience tell me to wait but yes my heart want to go and get my friend out of a dangerous situation and if what you tell me are a potential warning that do not lessen that desire...

"I understand." It was hard to know where the risk should be placed and a mis-step for being rash like earlier could cost lives. It appeared these choices were just as hard for an Archmagus as it as for himself, if for the change in magnitude.

"I would not either if my mentor was in such a situation." Narim said. "You should have seen me when I was just a child and had t stay behind while he lead a strike on Mecha itself, saving dozens of slaves, he is a hero but I was a nervous wreck."

He nodded to Narim. That must have been quite terrifying for a child, and his mentor was brave. "I hope he was successful." But he was not an apprentice anymore, even if he had the privileged of still being close to his mentor still, nor a child. He had no excuses, he needed to perform his duties here as best he could. "Then if that is your decision, Primus, I should go so that you may take care of what you need to take care of; no doubt it will be a busy evening for you both. If I receive another message I will inform you both as soon as possible."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:32 pm

"When...with what happened to Beatrice. And then when we were able to rest in the bubble, earlier I had a longer remembrance. But no, I have never had such vivid memories, that I recall. I thought it was related to Beatrice's situation, with saving her avatar from destruction and it may very well still be."

"It could be that your Avatar have felt somehow responsible for what it's former incarnation failed to do, and feel a sort of catharsis with saving another Avatar."
George said.
"Or it could be that it feel that just now you need this information, they are often curious that way, or at least they are for those of you who do not have Fonts..."
The Ancient mage said with a slight smile.

"I understand." It was hard to know where the risk should be placed and a mis-step for being rash like earlier could cost lives. It appeared these choices were just as hard for an Archmagus as it as for himself, if for the change in magnitude.

George nodded, he seamed conflicted but there was nothing left to say, he had made a decision and now just had to hope it was the right one.

He nodded to Narim. That must have been quite terrifying for a child, and his mentor was brave. "I hope he was successful."

"He was and it solidified his position in the Traditions, still it was a risky move, and even now my mentor is very much a warrior in the Ascension War I do fear he will be a bright star that dazzle for a short while but quickly fall, but then perhaps our faction need such men."
Narim said the he added.
"But that is a topic for another time."

"Then if that is your decision, Primus, I should go so that you may take care of what you need to take care of; no doubt it will be a busy evening for you both. If I receive another message I will inform you both as soon as possible."

"Yes it will be a busy evening, and yes that is my decision."
George said.
"Thank you yes please do inform us as soon as you hear something."
The ancient mage said as he stood to walk you to the door.
"Have as good a night as possible under the circumstances Mr Roth Hicks."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:56 pm

"It could be that your Avatar have felt somehow responsible for what it's former incarnation failed to do, and feel a sort of catharsis with saving another Avatar." George said. "Or it could be that it feel that just now you need this information, they are often curious that way, or at least they are for those of you who do not have Fonts..."

"Yes, or both. I had thought the former, myself. At any rate, there it is." There wasn't a need for more discussion on it, it may or may not be relevant and that was the reason he'd disclosed it in the first place.

"Yes it will be a busy evening, and yes that is my decision."George said. "Thank you yes please do inform us as soon as you hear something." The ancient mage said as he stood to walk you to the door. "Have as good a night as possible under the circumstances Mr Roth Hicks."

Adley stood back up and gave a short bow to the Primus and Narim as he was dismissed and then walked with the archmagus to the door. "The same to you," he replied, exiting out into the hallway. As he walked back towards his room, he thought of the things he should do and prioritizing them given how he felt - Mandis's blood on his clothing should be taken care of. Eat something. Get rid of all the mental and spiritual detritus that had been drudged up by the day cleared off with the banishing ritual. Then perhaps he could slip into the soldier's rest his pater had taught him, still in his clothing and ready to go. Touch base with the Earth spirits when he could, if he was to need them he should have a communication to them...get himself another gun. Talk to the Mercere. He sighed...just thinking about it was enough to make him feel time narrowing down to a pinpoint. So he started with the first thing and headed back to his room, it wouldn't do to plan too far ahead, he didn't know what the next few hours would bring.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:20 pm

"Yes, or both. I had thought the former, myself. At any rate, there it is." There wasn't a need for more discussion on it, it may or may not be relevant and that was the reason he'd disclosed it in the first place.

George nodded, there was indeed little need for further discussion on the topic.
"Thank you for telling us, just in case it is relevant Mr Roth Hicks, I know the information is very private for you and I will not speak of it to others."
He said and Narim nodded.
"I to will keep this between us."
He simply said.

Then perhaps he could slip into the soldier's rest his pater had taught him, still in his clothing and ready to go. Touch base with the Earth spirits when he could, if he was to need them he should have a communication to them...get himself another gun. Talk to the Mercere. He sighed...just thinking about it was enough to make him feel time narrowing down to a pinpoint. So he started with the first thing and headed back to his room, it wouldn't do to plan too far ahead, he didn't know what the next few hours would bring.

You get back to your room, other than Mara wandering towards the stairs you see no one and the old fairy mystic say nothing to you, she seldom spoke to anyone unless she had something important to say, she truly did appear as if she did not belong in this world.

If you try to rest after dealing with your clothes and getting something to eat as well as doing your rituals, which do help center you quite a bit, it is one of the reasons why the ritual was created in the first place, then you get a few hours of rest before you hear your phone beep. It is now five in the morning and about everything is still in the Chantry save the footsteps of the ones who have guard duty. The message reads.
"Mea filius
I am safe and on my way home, but we have things to discuss. I am sorry to wake you, but I will be home in fifteen minutes kindly meet me at my office, there is a task that needs doing with some urgency. Please ready a first aid kit and blankets to be ready when I get there. Do not worry it is not for me, but we have to act quickly. I will explain but not on this damned device!"
Be Well"

Again no names was used, your mentor was clearly still pretty cautious.

(OOC: Okey Warp now you and Adley are only about three hours apart so I would think starting to post again would be okey now, three hours will even itself out during play. Sorry to keep you waiting this long. We last left Colin and Freddy in the hallway outside of Beatrice's room.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Colin glanced at his watch, then fished out his phone to check if he'd missed any calls or messages.

((OOC: Aight; start a bit of slow acceleration while Adley catches up to the Now. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next