Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:47 am

Amadeus hesitated he did not like to leave his apprentice but he nodded and followed you out of the room.
"Nico that is the Verditius over at Lux Itineris is she not? A rebis I have heard, now that is rare to see on earth in this day and age."
The healer said as he walked.
"The broken ribs are not that important but if she went unconscious after a head wound..."
The Verbena begun running down the corridors.

Getting to the garage did not take long, you see your mentor kneeling beside Nico.
"She is breathing but barely, she was whipped and abandoned by her own Chantry and there are some blood loss, later she was assaulted there are broken bones but I am more concerned with her head."
Jeffry said and Amadeus nodded he glanced at the Hermetic.
"I will see what I can do, you go to bed you look like you are abut to keel over."
Your mentor looked like he was about to protest but Amadeus cut him of.
"I have enough with one patient and there is nothing you can do to help right now, go and sleep."
He ordered and Jeffry sigh.
"Fine but do what you can for her, not only do she posses rare skills and are a great value to the Traditions, she have important knowledge that we need, an in addition she do not deserve this."
Amadeus nodded.
"I will do what I can."
He said and begun to examine the Verditius and he frowned.

Jeffry gave you a nod and said.
"Make sure that if she survive she get to a bed and get the care she needs mea filius, also if you would be so kind as to drop by the young Mr Danbrock, he will need a new injection, I will find a better way to keep him under control and hopefully once I earn his trust I will not need to, but for now. Also tell him there is hope, he is not out of the woods, but I will be down later and offer him an apprenticeship, he have a good chance, he do not deserve to be more scared than he have to."
Your mentor said then he begun to walk into the main part of the Chantry, he did not like to leave Nico in this condition but Amadeus was right, there was little he could do, his own skill with healing was minimal and he needed rest.

Amadeus had begun to chant in German and Latin, he removed his shirt and started carving symbols into his own arms and then using the blood and drawing more symbols, gently on Nico's forehead, he was in deep concentration and focused on what he was doing, slowly you saw Nico's complexion getting better and she breathed more easily, she did not wake up though.

After twenty minutes of chanting, hand gestures and carving, some of those gestures and words you understood the reason for and meaning behind, others you did not, Amadeus dumped down on his ass on the cement floor and nodded, sweat covered him.
"I have healed the damage to her brain but it is a wonder she made it this far, her broken bones and jaw I have also taken care of and sickness brought on by cold but the wounds on her back, they have been sealed, I can not heal them."
The Verbena said and gave an angry snort.
"After she was whipped someone performed a healing rote but to weak to really do something but by that the wounds are set, if I am going to heal them I will have to do more damage and the little egg is to fragile for that right now. She will need to be cleaned up and have those wounds tended to, that I can do, then she will need antibiotics to make sure they do not get infected and she will need bed rest."
The Verbena said before he begun to heal the carved symbols on his own arms as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Adley Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:03 am

"Nico that is the Verditius over at Lux Itineris is she not? A rebis I have heard, now that is rare to see on earth in this day and age."
The healer said as he walked. "The broken ribs are not that important but if she went unconscious after a head wound..." The Verbena begun running down the corridors.

"Yes..." he said, then ran along to the garage.

effry gave you a nod and said. "Make sure that if she survive she get to a bed and get the care she needs mea filius, also if you would be so kind as to drop by the young Mr Danbrock, he will need a new injection, I will find a better way to keep him under control and hopefully once I earn his trust I will not need to, but for now. Also tell him there is hope, he is not out of the woods, but I will be down later and offer him an apprenticeship, he have a good chance, he do not deserve to be more scared than he have to." Your mentor said then he begun to walk into the main part of the Chantry

"Yes sir...I will do that," he said. "Shall I also inform the Primus and Narim what's happened afterward?"

After twenty minutes of chanting, hand gestures and carving, some of those gestures and words you understood the reason for and meaning behind, others you did not, Amadeus dumped down on his ass on the cement floor and nodded, sweat covered him.
"I have healed the damage to her brain but it is a wonder she made it this far, her broken bones and jaw I have also taken care of and sickness brought on by cold but the wounds on her back, they have been sealed, I can not heal them." The Verbena said and gave an angry snort. "After she was whipped someone performed a healing rote but to weak to really do something but by that the wounds are set, if I am going to heal them I will have to do more damage and the little egg is to fragile for that right now. She will need to be cleaned up and have those wounds tended to, that I can do, then she will need antibiotics to make sure they do not get infected and she will need bed rest." The Verbena said before he begun to heal the carved symbols on his own arms as well.

He looked relieved that Nico would live and then nodded to the Verbena. "Thank you..." he said, earnestly. "I will help carry her to a room, find some clothing for her...perhaps Richard or someone else knows where there are some antibiotics for her or if there are some on hand here." He reached down and carefully bundled Nico up in one of the blankets and the jacket to carry her inside. "You look like you could use some rest too, is there someone that can relieve you for that soon?" Then he wondered who he could get to keep an eye on Nico, check on her from time to time and care for her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:45 am

"Yes sir...I will do that," he said. "Shall I also inform the Primus and Narim what's happened afterward?"

Jeffry nodded.
"Yes thank you, that will be helpful. Now if there is an emergency come and wake me if not then I will see you in a few hours."
The old mage commented and gave you a nod before he walked into the Chantry.

He looked relieved that Nico would live and then nodded to the Verbena. "Thank you..." he said, earnestly. "I will help carry her to a room, find some clothing for her...perhaps Richard or someone else knows where there are some antibiotics for her or if there are some on hand here."

"There are no need to thank me Mr Roth Hicks I do my job and I do not like to see anyone suffer or die if I can help it."
Amadeus said then he continued.
"Yes let us get her to a room. I do think Dr Lee have some antibiotics, if not then someone will have to go and get some, her cuts are deep and I want to avoid infection."

He reached down and carefully bundled Nico up in one of the blankets and the jacket to carry her inside. "You look like you could use some rest too, is there someone that can relieve you for that soon?"

Amadeus took Nico's legs, she was not a large person so even if she was just on the pudgy side she was not that heavy.
"I am fine, the healing was...complicated but the one I did on Miss Mandis last night was more so..."
The Verbena said, he did not mention that most of his fatigue came from tending to Beatrice, someone who needed constant care to such a degree and watching a loved one suffer was wearing him out.
"Duncan is coming by later in the morning, apparently Master Sharaya have asked him for the aid of a few of his owls as sentries and he have agreed, he have said he would like to sit with Beatrice for a few hours. I do not like to leave her though, I almost fear that if I leave then she will...I came so close to loosing her, and I have not had many apprentices, not in this lifetime."
Amadeus admitted.

Then he wondered who he could get to keep an eye on Nico, check on her from time to time and care for her.

Well perhaps Richard could, this was more his area of expertise since the rebis would need medical attention rather than magickal one.

(OOC: Richard's player have told me that he have to take some time away from the game for personal reasons so I think using the character for tasks around the chantry is okey to keep him relevant.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Colin grinned lightly, "My good Mister Sterns, I am a war veteran of the RAF. Sleeper military forces. I assure you, there's not a man or woman on the front lines who feels no love for the logistics and communications branches. Most Mages, it seems, have never been in that sort of circumstances and may be unable to quite relate to the concept, but I hold the Mercere in the highest esteem."

Coming up to Narim's office, he knocked on the door and peeked in, "Master Sharaya? Martin Sterns, of the Mercere is here with that delivery for Chief Morgan, If you'll excuse me, I'll head up to see Master Steelhaven now."
Turning back to Martin, he added, "Ah, that is, of course, unless you'd like me to see you to the door again afterwards."

((OOC: I'm getting old. After yesterday's D&D game, I went to a party, and I got fairly intoxicated, to the point of mild physical impairment and light-headedness. And I didn't have more than just shy of one pint. Of gin. I'm getting old and out of practice, and the past couple years' weight loss probably doesn't help in that regard, either. Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Colin grinned lightly, "My good Mister Sterns, I am a war veteran of the RAF. Sleeper military forces. I assure you, there's not a man or woman on the front lines who feels no love for the logistics and communications branches. Most Mages, it seems, have never been in that sort of circumstances and may be unable to quite relate to the concept, but I hold the Mercere in the highest esteem."

"Thank you Sir, many magi do seam to forget that there are more to this war than flinging fireballs. But then For me it is easier than for many, I have joined the Red Caps of my own free will after I saw what the other factions of the Ascension war can do for harm."
Martin said.
"The Mercere give me a chance to be useful in this war an help protect people even if I never had the good fortune to Awaken, it is no skin of my nose to be treated as a servant I choose this life but there are others less fortunate than me...well in either case I shall not keep you Mr Wainwright. Again than you for your kind help."

Coming up to Narim's office, he knocked on the door and peeked in, "Master Sharaya? Martin Sterns, of the Mercere is here with that delivery for Chief Morgan, If you'll excuse me, I'll head up to see Master Steelhaven now."

"Ah yes off course do come in Mr Sterns."
Narim said and smiles he gave the Mercere a nod.
"I am Narim Sharaya bani Virtual Adepts, please feel free to leave the communication for Mr Morrgan in my safe until he becomes available. I shall open it for you."
The Deacon said then he gave you a smile.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, give George my regards."

Turning back to Martin, he added, "Ah, that is, of course, unless you'd like me to see you to the door again afterwards."

Martin smiles and shook his head.
"Thank you but that is quite alright Mr Wainwright. I will find my own way out. I wish you a pleasant day."

(OOC: Well we all get older but yes the less body fat the less alcohol one can tolerate.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:36 pm

"Very well. Good day, gentlemen."
Colin took a short bow, and headed to George Steelhaven't apartment, and reached out to knock lightly on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:46 pm

As soon as you knock the door was opened and George smiles to you.
"Ah there you are Mr Wainwright, I have been waiting for you. I have prepared some tea and biscuits."
The ancient mage said and lead the way into his simple apartments.
"Do come in."
He said and showed you into his living room and indicated a chair for you as he filled two cups with tea.
"Make yourself at home and tell me what I can do for you young man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Colin gave an uneasy smile and sat down, "I rather suspected you might be expecting me... I don't know if you were notified, but after we went out and recruited Miss Larson the younger yesterday, I went into a Seeking. In that Seeking, I had a glimpse of a future, a couple of decades away. I'd like to make a note of as many details as possible about the memories I still have of that future's past... A prophecy, if you will. One of the reasons I am particularly concerned that the Mindscape I entered could be the future is that I remembered learning to pilot Umbra ships after Chief Morgan inherited a small Umbra craft... and a Mercere just arrived with notice of that inheritance; it cannot be mere coincidence. One of the things I remember happening is a Technocracy assault on the Chantry in the aftermath of the Nephandi situation... The Chantry survived, but we lost good people, including Miss Alexander... and she was born again eight years later, to become the Handler for a great polyp, a Nephandi battlecruiser.
He sighed, "If you don't mind, I'd appreciate some help with sorting it all out while it's still fresh in my memory; perhaps using the same rote you used to transcribe my testimony the other day?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Colin gave an uneasy smile and sat down, "I rather suspected you might be expecting me... I don't know if you were notified, but after we went out and recruited Miss Larson the younger yesterday, I went into a Seeking.

"I was told you where in a Seeking yes Mr Wainwright. However the reason why I was expecting you are a by product of my own magick, much like how the temperature rises in the room when Master Morgan is angry."
The old mage said as he sat down.

In that Seeking, I had a glimpse of a future, a couple of decades away. I'd like to make a note of as many details as possible about the memories I still have of that future's past... A prophecy, if you will. One of the reasons I am particularly concerned that the Mindscape I entered could be the future is that I remembered learning to pilot Umbra ships after Chief Morgan inherited a small Umbra craft... and a Mercere just arrived with notice of that inheritance; it cannot be mere coincidence.

"Hum...seeing the future or getting other forms of insight in a Seeking is not common but not unheard of either."
George said and picked up his cup of tea and sipped it.
"No it certainly do not sound like a mere coincidence. Tell me Mr Wainwright do you have any experience in the part of reality many call Time?"
The old mage asked.

One of the things I remember happening is a Technocracy assault on the Chantry in the aftermath of the Nephandi situation... The Chantry survived, but we lost good people, including Miss Alexander... and she was born again eight years later, to become the Handler for a great polyp, a Nephandi battlecruiser.

"It have been a concern for me...that if we defeat the Nephandi one of the other factions will take advantage of our weakned state and attack."
George admitted.
"It is one of the reasons I have not left yet, I can not abandon the Chantry before I know it is safe.."
The ancient mage said and sigh.

He sighed, "If you don't mind, I'd appreciate some help with sorting it all out while it's still fresh in my memory; perhaps using the same rote you used to transcribe my testimony the other day?"

"That should be no problem. Let me get ink and paper."
The old mage said and he stood and fond parchment and a bottle of ink that he just as before poured into his own tea.
"It is hard to know exactly what of what you experienced which is a vision and which is not Mr Wainwright but I do believe we must take this seriously. Now you know how this works, if you would kindly just relax and think back to your Seeking."
The old Guernicus said and he put one of his hands gently against the side of your head and the other rested on the parchment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Colin nodded, "I have a basic understanding of temporality... I can't affect it as of yet, but I can at least see whether time has been tampered with, and determine local time without looking at a clock. It is one of the aspects I'm reading up on, of course, I just haven't advanced very far. At present, my only strong suit would be Entropy. Probability and chance in particular, though I do have some... experience with applied decay, as well. It comes in handy at work to artificially age materials in the workshop from time to time, though I rather dislike using it like that."
He sipped, leaned back in the chair, closed his eyes and began, "It's the 27th of August, twenty years after the Nephandi tried to take Boston, and I'm wobbling through the corridors aboard the Shara as she's being boarded, high over Horizon... Someone's running past me, bleeding and yelling that we've lost another zeppelin, and Lieutenant Bergamott Lefebvre, of the Children of Ether, orders me to hop in a fighter and defend the remaining zeppelins. The craft I pilot is a small dart-shaped twin-engine craft; Technocratic salvage from a downed carrier of some sort. As I launch, I see Horizon below me, and I know Freddy and our three children are down there somewhere, and I see our two best ships, St. Victoria's Blade under the command of the Seat of Matter, Alexis Hastings, Prima of the Children of Ether - her first progressive decision when she took the seat - and the Heart of Horizon, Cita Telar's masterpiece. I called up the two ships and informed them I would make a strafing run against one the two abominations the Nephandi brought in their attack - battlecruisers; giant, horrible polyps, cigar-shaped and milky white flesh-things that spewed destruction at everything."

Colin closed his eyes, straining himself slightly to recall as many little details as possible about the polyp's interior structure, the current situation, and the assault on Steelhaven Hall those twenty years ago...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Colin nodded, "I have a basic understanding of temporality... I can't affect it as of yet, but I can at least see whether time has been tampered with, and determine local time without looking at a clock. It is one of the aspects I'm reading up on, of course, I just haven't advanced very far. At present, my only strong suit would be Entropy. Probability and chance in particular, though I do have some... experience with applied decay, as well. It comes in handy at work to artificially age materials in the workshop from time to time, though I rather dislike using it like that."

"It can be that you have a untapped talent in Time Mr Wainwright or your Avatar might just want to tell you something. Well I guess right now that do not matter."
The old mage said and sigh.
"I do however you have far more power in you young man than you have been able to unlock."

As you recall you Seeking ink flows out of George Steelhaven's hand and form words on the parchment. He have the change the pages a few times to get it all down, in the end he hands the papers to you and then take a handkerchief from a pocket in his robes and wipes of his hand.
"I can tell you this much Mr Wainwright that some of your details do fit. A small fleet of zeppelin shaped Umbra ships protect Horizon but they are very short range ships and can not get far without a transport. I have met Alexis Hastings and it is in line with her personality to rename her Tradition the Children of Ether if she becomes the next Prima as many think she will. The Heart of Horizon are the artificial phylactery I told you about a few days ago and there really are a Bergamott Lefebvre in the Sons of Ether she is currently a pilot on one of the ships that bring passengers from Horizon to Earth, but if this ship you mention, the Shara is built then she might be reassigned."
The old mage said and he sigh.
"It seams we have to take this possible Technocracy attack seriously and prepare for it."
George said he took a biscuit and nibbled on it through he looked quite concerned.
"And we will have to try to keep Miss Alexander alive so she are not reborn into the Nephandi before she manage to cleanse her Avatar, if that is even possible."
The ancient mage nodded.
"Well read over the papers and see if that is all the details you wanted to get down."
He said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:15 pm

"There are no need to thank me Mr Roth Hicks I do my job and I do not like to see anyone suffer or die if I can help it." Amadeus said then he continued. "Yes let us get her to a room. I do think Dr Lee have some antibiotics, if not then someone will have to go and get some, her cuts are deep and I want to avoid infection."

"Yes, still...I see no reason not to thank you. And I'm very relieved...I will ask Doctor Lee if he can help with that."

"I am fine, the healing was...complicated but the one I did on Miss Mandis last night was more so..." The Verbena said, he did not mention that most of his fatigue came from tending to Beatrice, someone who needed constant care to such a degree and watching a loved one suffer was wearing him out. "Duncan is coming by later in the morning, apparently Master Sharaya have asked him for the aid of a few of his owls as sentries and he have agreed, he have said he would like to sit with Beatrice for a few hours. I do not like to leave her though, I almost fear that if I leave then she will...I came so close to loosing her, and I have not had many apprentices, not in this lifetime."

He picked up Nico under the arms, trying to be careful of her back. "I know that you recently slept Master Nassa but there are different kinds of fatigue; you should rest. Duncan is a good man, I'm glad that he is able to help us and he will take good care of Beatrice." He tried to sound reassuring; he believed that Duncan would take excellent care of her but understood his worry, the fear that came from such a near loss. "I will ask Doctor Lee to watch over Nico, if he can...check in on her at least if he cannot sit with her. Tell one of us if she awakens. She may wake up very disoriented..." Then he helped take her upstairs, towards one of the rooms he thought was still empty.

// I'll assume then that Adley talks to Dr Lee 'offscreen' then, somewhere after he sees to Danbrock Jr, checks in with Colin and the Deacons.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully and read through the transcript, pausing here and there, "This looks quite accurate, yes - as accurate as I can make it. And I'm sure I have some untapped potential - I recall replacing parts of my pistol with primium components, which suggests I will learn to work it within two decades, if not to refine it. I do suspect, though, that the spheres I do not understand now will remain out of my grasp for a long time... I suggest having a few copies of this made; I'm certain Master Sharaya and Chief Morgan will want to be forewarned of this potential attack, and I would be greatly surprised if there aren't any researches who would be keenly interested in the details on the polyps and their Handlers, anecdotal though it may be. And I..."
He looked at the last few sentences, when he'd embraced Alice and killed her with her own knife, "I don't ever want to do something that manipulative and horrible again... for the first time... oh, damnable grammatical collapse..."
Colin slumped back in the chair and covered his eyes with one hand, a tear rolling down his cheek.
"We need to find some way to circumvent this... If we cannot prevent the attack, then we must at least provide Beatrice with some escape route when the attack comes."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Adley:

"Yes, still...I see no reason not to thank you. And I'm very relieved...I will ask Doctor Lee if he can help with that."

"Do that, he is good with mundane healing and not that bad with magickal treatments either, though he works slowly."
The old mage said.

He picked up Nico under the arms, trying to be careful of her back. "I know that you recently slept Master Nassa but there are different kinds of fatigue; you should rest. Duncan is a good man, I'm glad that he is able to help us and he will take good care of Beatrice."

"I know he will and I trust Duncan it is just that..."
Amadeus sigh as he helped you carry Nico into the Chantry.
"Like your mentor I know the pain of loosing apprentices, and seeing Beatrice in the condition she is currently in..."
The old mage stopped talking and said nothing more about the topic.

"I will ask Doctor Lee to watch over Nico, if he can...check in on her at least if he cannot sit with her. Tell one of us if she awakens. She may wake up very disoriented..." Then he helped take her upstairs, towards one of the rooms he thought was still empty.

"Good, you do that."
Amadeus said, you found a empty room, there where not allot of furniture there but there where a bed, a few chairs and the most necessary.
"Let us lay Nico down on her side to put as little weight on her back as possible."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"I should probably get some clothes for her, she is larger than Beatrice so her dresses will not fit, but one of my tunics will be like a dress for her."
Amadeus suggested.
"Other than that I think the egg will be out of it for a while, if you ask Dr Lee to check on her now and again then she should be fine for now and we will have to see how she is when she wakes up.

Colin:

Colin nodded thoughtfully and read through the transcript, pausing here and there, "This looks quite accurate, yes - as accurate as I can make it. And I'm sure I have some untapped potential - I recall replacing parts of my pistol with primium components, which suggests I will learn to work it within two decades, if not to refine it. I do suspect, though, that the spheres I do not understand now will remain out of my grasp for a long time...

The transcripts where exact, even details you had partly forgotten where there, though there where off course holes in your knowledge in the Seeking.
"Hum...well it would not be a bad idea either to focus on the arts you already have some understanding of."
George said.
"Working with Primium interesting, very few retrofit Primium parts."

I suggest having a few copies of this made; I'm certain Master Sharaya and Chief Morgan will want to be forewarned of this potential attack, and I would be greatly surprised if there aren't any researches who would be keenly interested in the details on the polyps and their Handlers, anecdotal though it may be. And I..."

"I agree, I will take care of it. Master Sharaya have one of those...ehm...copy machines, I will as for his help in making a few copies with your consent of course Mr Wainwright."
The Guernicus agreed.
"Yes I think some will find this material most interesting given how much of it seam to ring true, it is off course up to you how far you will want to spread such a personal experience."

He looked at the last few sentences, when he'd embraced Alice and killed her with her own knife, "I don't ever want to do something that manipulative and horrible again... for the first time... oh, damnable grammatical collapse..."
Colin slumped back in the chair and covered his eyes with one hand, a tear rolling down his cheek.

The old mage stood and walked over to you and for a while he just rested his hand on your shoulder, a hand that felt young and strong and like the bony fingers of an ancient at the same time.
"You did what you had to Mr Wainwright. Sometimes we have to do horrible things for the greater good, because to not do them would be a greater evil."
George said softly then he refilled your tea and returned to his seat.

"We need to find some way to circumvent this... If we cannot prevent the attack, then we must at least provide Beatrice with some escape route when the attack comes."

"Well knowing about the attack give us a greater chance to thwart it, and yes we will find some way to protect Miss Alexander, to get her away from Steelhaven if the attack can not be prevented."

(OOC: Sounds good then I will just assume Adley take the time to have a chat with Richard between his other tasks and duties.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:40 pm

"Let us lay Nico down on her side to put as little weight on her back as possible." The old mage said then he nodded. "I should probably get some clothes for her, she is larger than Beatrice so her dresses will not fit, but one of my tunics will be like a dress for her." Amadeus suggested. "Other than that I think the egg will be out of it for a while, if you ask Dr Lee to check on her now and again then she should be fine for now and we will have to see how she is when she wakes up

He put her onto the bed as best he could as he was instructed and drew up the covers for her so she wouldn't be cold and checked to make sure the radiator was on in the room "I will do that, then," he said to Amadeus. Then he made sure that Nico had her ring on her finger, her Gauntlet-working she had said, so she would at least have something of her own when she woke up. "There was a lot of blood left where she was beaten and even some of her hair. I don't want anyone getting a hold of it to use against her...but I'm not sure what can be done besides going back to take care of it and I don't know if that's wise. I know how to remove arcane connections but not from afar and there was quite a bit...and I've never done it with something like blood, but on the person and for obvious reasons that wouldn't work." He looked at the Verbena to see if he had any suggestions, since blood was one of his main ways of doing his work.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:03 pm

He put her onto the bed as best he could as he was instructed and drew up the covers for her so she wouldn't be cold and checked to make sure the radiator was on in the room "I will do that, then," he said to Amadeus. Then he made sure that Nico had her ring on her finger, her Gauntlet-working she had said, so she would at least have something of her own when she woke up.

Amadeus nodded he checked Nico's pulse and made sure she was breathing well, he was clearly well used in treating wounded people.
"There where herbs one of my former lives used that would have helped, but those plants have died out long ago."
The Verbena muttered.
"In that life I could not just close a wound but used a mixture of herbs and prayers."
He explained then he said.
"Very well the egg is stable, we should let her rest."

"There was a lot of blood left where she was beaten and even some of her hair. I don't want anyone getting a hold of it to use against her...but I'm not sure what can be done besides going back to take care of it and I don't know if that's wise. I know how to remove arcane connections but not from afar and there was quite a bit...and I've never done it with something like blood, but on the person and for obvious reasons that wouldn't work." He looked at the Verbena to see if he had any suggestions, since blood was one of his main ways of doing his work.

"I should be able to sever the link between her and blood she have lost from here it is easier to do if one also have the item the connection are to, but a link can be cut in both ends."
He said and looked around finally selecting a lone cactus someone had left in the window and he went to fetch it, then he sat down next to Nico and carefully prick her finger on the tip of his knife letting a drop of blood fall on the cactus then he whispered in High German over the girl while he held the cactus in his other hand, after a few moments he rose again and handed you the prickly plant.
"Have this burned, I have transferred all arcane connections from her person lost or spilt between the last moon phase and now to this plant, making it her proxy so she is safe but it should be destroyed so no one use that blood to get past Steelhaven's defenses since the cactus physically is here."
The old mage said, he had done a very similar rote to the one your mentor taught you but the methods used was pretty different. The cactus felt slightly warm in your hand as if it was full energy not it's own.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:23 pm

He "I should be able to sever the link between her and blood she have lost from here it is easier to do if one also have the item the connection are to, but a link can be cut in both ends."

"I see..." He watched as he took a cactus and bled on it, not sure what he was doing to the plant until it was explained. "Very interesting, I didn't think of transferring it to something else," he admitted, though he was not sure he would have been able to do so at any rate. Certainly not to a plant. "Primal fire or is regular fire sufficient? I will take care of this now. Thank you again," he said, taking the cactus and thinking of the better places to take it to burn...Then he had to get the injection from his pater's office and talk to the Deacons...and Colin. He had to see how he was doing..."One thing at a time," he muttered as he headed off to take care of it.

// if Steelhaven is fortunate enough to have a yard, he'd probably head out there, or failing that bathtub with some fire protections. Wherever makes sense for him to burn something in order to make Nico safe

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Colin slowly drew his hand down his face, "I... thank you. It doesn't blunt the impact of the deed, but it does make it... less horrible in retrospect. I trust you with this; I'm sure you can see what to expurgate for a wider distribution. I'd like an edited version to be made somewhat generally available to such people as are working on figuring out the Nephandi battlecruisers; I'll supplement it with a few illustrations as well. The editing would be simple; merely expurgating any personal details regarding me and my family, and Beatrice and her Avatar. I believe the best way to do this would be to take a copy and simply use a black marker on the relevant segments to make it unreadable, and make secondary copies from that one. I will... hmmm... I will need to confer with Chief Morgan on an underhanded idea I have; it would require some delicate maneuvering including enlisting the Technocracy's assistance in the attack, to deplete their resources to our assistance, rather than their detriment. I also... do you know if the Fallen fellow... Diego, I believe his name was... was he captured alive? Can he be interrogated?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:14 pm

Adley:

"I see..." He watched as he took a cactus and bled on it, not sure what he was doing to the plant until it was explained. "Very interesting, I didn't think of transferring it to something else," he admitted, though he was not sure he would have been able to do so at any rate.

"Some are able to transfer the connections to non living things. do not know if you have seen Duncan work with his dirt and clay figurines for example but I need the proxy to be alive, I have always been better working with living things than with dead matter."
The old Verbena said.
"The point is to just move the connection to something much like you would use an object as a proxy for your target in sympathetic magick. I can show you when there is time how to do this rote, and part of my Paradigm is Hermetic...but I am still not sure if it will be understandable to you as the Paradigm of the Diedne have changed allot over the years since..."
Amadeus sigh and looked sad and angry for a moment.
"Since the war."

Certainly not to a plant. "Primal fire or is regular fire sufficient? I will take care of this now. Thank you again,"

"Regular fire should be fine, just as long as it is fairly destroyed and is no longer alive."
Amadeus said.
"I will get some clothes for the egg and then make sure she remains stable and then go back to Beatrice's room."
He informed you.
"Good day Mr Roth Hicks."

he said, taking the cactus and thinking of the better places to take it to burn...Then he had to get the injection from his pater's office and talk to the Deacons...and Colin. He had to see how he was doing..."One thing at a time," he muttered as he headed off to take care of it.

Steelhaven do do have a yard, there is a small open area at the back of the building, but there is only room for a bench and two potted trees, where you could burn the cactus it is not large so a bit of gas and a match should do it. The Chantry also have a flat room. The cactus is one of those that you might put in a teacup in a windowsill so you do not need a big fire to burn it.

Colin:

Colin slowly drew his hand down his face, "I... thank you. It doesn't blunt the impact of the deed, but it does make it... less horrible in retrospect. I trust you with this; I'm sure you can see what to expurgate for a wider distribution. I'd like an edited version to be made somewhat generally available to such people as are working on figuring out the Nephandi battlecruisers; I'll supplement it with a few illustrations as well.

"I will take care of that and I will give you a copy of the edited material before I send it anywhere."
George said.
"If this information is correct then it can be most usable. As for what you did. I think it would be more of a concern if you did not feel grief Mr Wainwright. You are a good man."
The old man said and nodded.
"Illustrations could be useful."

The editing would be simple; merely expurgating any personal details regarding me and my family, and Beatrice and her Avatar. I believe the best way to do this would be to take a copy and simply use a black marker on the relevant segments to make it unreadable, and make secondary copies

"Black marker? Ah yes ink, yes that would work."
George said and nodded.
"I will take care of it.

I will... hmmm... I will need to confer with Chief Morgan on an underhanded idea I have; it would require some delicate maneuvering including enlisting the Technocracy's assistance in the attack, to deplete their resources to our assistance, rather than their detriment.

"Jeffry will not like that idea Mr Wainwright, he do not harbor much look for the Union."
George said then he sigh.
"But if your plan is sound I d believe he will at least consider it, but be prepared for the temperature rising, literary."
The old mage said with a hint of a smile.

I also... do you know if the Fallen fellow... Diego, I believe his name was... was he captured alive? Can he be interrogated?"

"He is awake as far as I know though not very interested in cooperation. Jeffry told me that he tried everything he could think of last night to get the man to talk with little result other than learning some new forms of profanity. You are welcome to try to see if you can do better though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:50 pm

"The point is to just move the connection to something much like you would use an object as a proxy for your target in sympathetic magick. I can show you when there is time how to do this rote, and part of my Paradigm is Hermetic...but I am still not sure if it will be understandable to you as the Paradigm of the Diedne have changed allot over the years since..." Amadeus sigh and looked sad and angry for a moment. "Since the war.

"Yes, that makes sense...I might be able to understand the gist of it, though using different tools." There was not much use dredging up memories about an old war when they were in the middle of another one, bad blood or not, right now they were on the same side so he did not say anything further.

Then he went out to burn the cactus, finding something ceramic like a pot or fire-proof like a barbecue and taking some water and potting dirt to put it out when it was done. He put the cactus into the receptacle and used his lighter, a bit of paper to get it started with a little of the fluid, minding the wind. He was careful with fire, even a small one could get out of control; he waited for the plant to die, thereby severing any latent connections it was carrying.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:01 pm

"Yes, that makes sense...I might be able to understand the gist of it, though using different tools." There was not much use dredging up memories about an old war when they were in the middle of another one, bad blood or not, right now they were on the same side so he did not say anything further.

"I will give you a better explanation of the rote when there is time then."
The Verbena offered, it was clear he was still skeptical of you, but his opinion of both you and your mentor had significantly increased with all you both had done to help Beatrice and he was willing to share his knowledge.

Then he went out to burn the cactus, finding something ceramic like a pot or fire-proof like a barbecue and taking some water and potting dirt to put it out when it was done. He put the cactus into the receptacle and used his lighter, a bit of paper to get it started with a little of the fluid, minding the wind. He was careful with fire, even a small one could get out of control; he waited for the plant to die, thereby severing any latent connections it was carrying.

You find a pretty beat up pot in the kitchen, one that should be thrown out soon anyway as well as some potting dirt and paper and everything else you need and take it outside to burn the cactus. The plant do not take long to burn before the internal fluids made it burst and soon there was nothing else but melted bits of the plastic pot, some ash and the smell of burned cactus.

(OOC: Well that is one dead cactus.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:03 pm

Colin smiled, "Presenting the strategies require a certain finesse, yes. Arguing we go to the Union to ask for help would certainly set the Chief's ulcers off like a spectacular set of fireworks. Proposing we bait the Union into expending their resources in a manner aligning with our goals, on the other hand... On that note, if we had some means to make quick contact with a Union member, I suppose it might be feasible to bait Agent Vera Kessinger with an opportunity for closure for her Amalgam. She won't remember me, of course, but she's a good person, and she did extend so much good faith as to entrust me with the fate of her Apprentice over risking him falling into the hands of the Nephandi, or even the Technocracy."
He slowly rose from his chair, "As for the prisoner - part of why I made an effort to spare his life was that I made the connection he's fairly high up in the hierarchy. It was a stroke of fortune, really, that he was the one who didn't die outright, but I suspect he might have more knowledge of the inner workings of the Labyrinth than the other two might have had. In any case, I only have one question for him; I need to know the status of a hostage they have. The friend of Lady Gloria Ceris, to be precise. Depending on whether or not she is alive and well, we may have a tactical... option. I understand Lady Ceris' life is forfeit under Tradition law? She would be willing, under given circumstances, to make a suicidal charge against the Labyrinth. And I do believe she would honour such a plea bargain, for lack of a better term. But, such an option is for me to voice to my superiors, not to enact. Perhaps in some three hundred years, when I myself might be a Security Chief of a Chantry. But that is neither here nor now... and of no consequence today."

((OOC: Bloody infernal contraption; the forum timed out and ate my post, so I had to type the WHOLE damn thing up again. Razz I can so very much sympathize with Jeffrey Morgan. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Once done he cleared up the mess, getting rid of the dead plant bits. He went back into the main chantry and to one of the nearest washrooms to clean off his hands and then went to fetch the injection for Raymond. On his way, he remembered he'd gotten a message and took a moment to check it. He sent a quick note back and then returned to what he was doing.

TXT to Colin: I have a few duties to finish first but as soon as I can. I am glad to hear that you are ok. Get back to you asap.

// RIP cactus. Yeah, I think we've all had the hungry forum nom one of our posts now and again D:

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Presenting the strategies require a certain finesse, yes. Arguing we go to the Union to ask for help would certainly set the Chief's ulcers off like a spectacular set of fireworks. Proposing we bait the Union into expending their resources in a manner aligning with our goals, on the other hand...

"Well I guess it is all in the presentation. I do not think it will be easy to convince him, however if your plan is a good one and I do stress if it is a good one I might support you and then it will be easier to sell to Jeffry."
The ancient mage said.

On that note, if we had some means to make quick contact with a Union member, I suppose it might be feasible to bait Agent Vera Kessinger with an opportunity for closure for her Amalgam. She won't remember me, of course, but she's a good person, and she did extend so much good faith as to entrust me with the fate of her Apprentice over risking him falling into the hands of the Nephandi, or even the Technocracy."

"Yes it must have been hard for her to give up her student to us, knowing what we do to the Fallen."
George said and sigh.
"Poor child."
He muttered.
"Well there is always the Umbral docks at the airport, it is shared between us and the Technocracy and while none have made it official it is neutral grounds and have been used before when there have been a need to communicate with the Union, exchange prisoners or in other ways deal with one another in a civilized manner, so a meeting might be arranged there."
The Deacon said as he rubbed his cheek in contemplation.

He slowly rose from his chair, "As for the prisoner - part of why I made an effort to spare his life was that I made the connection he's fairly high up in the hierarchy. It was a stroke of fortune, really, that he was the one who didn't die outright, but I suspect he might have more knowledge of the inner workings of the Labyrinth than the other two might have had. In any case, I only have one question for him; I need to know the status of a hostage they have. The friend of Lady Gloria Ceris, to be precise.

"You are welcome to try Mr Wainwright, just be careful, the prisoner's magick have been contained for now but he is a dangerous man, bring someone with you in case you run into trouble. I also agree with you assessment, it is likely this man is fairly high up in their power structure indeed."

Depending on whether or not she is alive and well, we may have a tactical... option. I understand Lady Ceris' life is forfeit under Tradition law?

"Law no, prudence yes. We have very few official laws for how to deal with a Marauder, usually they are banished from Earth and left to live their lives in the Umbra, but one such as Lady Ceris who comes back to earth, get tricked to work with the Nephandi and cause problems, especially one as old and powerful as her, prudence say she die, though yes we could banish her again, technically that would be legal."
The Guernicus explains.

She would be willing, under given circumstances, to make a suicidal charge against the Labyrinth. And I do believe she would honour such a plea bargain, for lack of a better term. But, such an option is for me to voice to my superiors, not to enact. Perhaps in some three hundred years, when I myself might be a Security Chief of a Chantry. But that is neither here nor now... and of no consequence today."

"Hum...that would be a lethal weapon indeed Mr Wainwright, the Fallen are more sensitive to Paradox than we are, to have a Marauder amongst them intent on drawing as much of it as possible could cripple them."
George said and tapped the bridge of his nose with a long, skinny finger.
"Also Lady Ceres is convinced she is a member of the Order of Hermes just before the Schism War and that she have attacked other magi and tried to kill them as as so are likely to be executed by the Order, she would likely see going out in a blaze of glory to be a better option...I hate to use her so, but it could save many lives. I will have to discuss it with Jeffry."
He said then he smiles.
"Ah so you envision a future where you have little sleep and much frustration do you Mr Wainwright."
George said and seamed to find the thought amusing.
"Who knows perhaps you would be good at it once you have grown powerful enough.

Adley:

You find the bottles with the strange potion that blocked out a mage's magick in the top drawer of your mentor's office and head down into the basement. Outside of Raymond's door you see Anton von Hess still diligently guarding the young widderslainte, the hedge wizard stood when he saw you and groaned softly, his back was not what it used to be before he gave you a bow.
"Mr Roth Hicks."
The chemist said politely.
"Th boy have caused no problems, but...I am concerned, he have not slept a wink ll night and when he think I can not hear him, he weeps, the kid is terrified."
Anton said then she looked a bit nervous as if he was afraid you would hit him for voicing his concerns, and yet he still continued by saying.
"He is so young Mr Roth Hicks...can anything be done to help him?"

(OOC: I always copy paste long posts into something like a word document before posting, just to be sure for this forum do like to nom posts at times. I blame the Technocracy. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:04 pm

"You do not need to bow to me, Mr von Hess," he said again. When he heard the state of Raymond he sighed. "We are trying," he said. "There may be yes, things are looking better than they were, there is hope. But that is all dependent on how things proceed." Then he looked to the door and remembered he'd put up a ward on it, which he'd have to see to and then put back up after he was done speaking with him. "Has anyone come to relieve you since last night Mr von Hess? Do you know if there is someone on rota after you?" He waited for him to answer one way or the other and then drew his knife and began a plainchant so he could get through without setting off any alarms.

// P2: 4,3 - 2,4, - 7,0 >.>  In which it takes Adley longer to let him through the ward he made (assuming it is still up) than he expected...

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next