Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 7 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 9:16

Colin nodded, "Not precisely what I had in mind, but I shall keep your lich in mind for when I understand more of the appropriate Spheres. I'm a silversmith, but I hope to learn to work and fashion Primium in due time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 7 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Tane Karyak Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 9:24

Friday:

Sort of. Let's say that you can use cables and ropes to tie something up or you could single handedly kill a cow and make leather threads out of the skin. It's the same effect, just much more complicated. I don't think i can nail something with my head. Tane said with a smirk.

Tane heard the master's words and considered. I though mages were more... cooperative. But i understand. Does every tradition have a meeting place? I know the verbena have their life tree... Maybe i can take her there and ask people around about the tradition. But the printed info is a good idea.

Saturday:

Per 2 + Alertness 2= 4
5 9 9 7 That's my random.org!
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 11:03

Colin:

Madeline smiles.
"Ah a silversmith an honest profession."
She said then she hesitated.
"There are one more option when it comes to Primium implants, there is a woman leading a small Chantry in this city, she was captured and altered by the Technocracy before she managed to escape...I can give you her contact information but she can be difficult to deal with so be forewarned about that."
The Etherite said before she wrote down a phone number and the name Daisy Darnell on a piece of paper and handed it to Colin.
"She might not be willing to help."

Tane:

Friday:

"Oh you can nail something with your head but you might crack you skull as well so it is not very practical."
Lily said with a bit of a grin.
"I think I understand though...it is like this boy in school who use Tarot cards, I am not sure if what he do actually work but he forgot his deck one time and read a regular playing card deck instead, he said the cards are just cardboard, tools it is he who do the reading."
The young girl said.

Tane heard the master's words and considered. I though mages were more... cooperative. But i understand. Does every tradition have a meeting place? I know the verbena have their life tree... Maybe i can take her there and ask people around about the tradition. But the printed info is a good idea.

Narim gave a bit of a laugh at that.
"No Mr Karyak you will find that if it is one thing mages is not it is cooperative. No other than the Verbena the other Traditions do not have meeting placing in the city, if you do not consider that two of the Chantries are single Tradition places so they might be seen as meeting places, one for Order of Hermes and one for the Celestial Chorus. You can certainly ask those Chantries if you can visit, I would be careful with Lux Itineris the Hermetic Chantry though as there are indication something may be...wrong there. I will get you those printed materials though.

Saturday:

You hear something crawling in the walls and roof, small, nimble little feet are scraping against the stone and wood, it was softer than the tapping sound but it was there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 11:10

Colin smiled and accepted the note, "Thank you... This might prove practical. Or it might not be needed. Still, better to have it and not need it..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 11:19

Madeline nodded.
"You are welcome Mr Wainwright, if you contact Miss Darnell though...do not be shocked her conversion was rather ehm complete."
The old Etherite said.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 11:53; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 11:50

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Complete? You mean she is... rather more machine than human?"

Last edited by Warpmind on Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 11:59; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 11:53

(OOC: Oops Darnell my spell checker like to change names and any unusual words to more commonly used ones, I have had to edit allot of peeing into the Umbra to peering during this game for example.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 11:59

((OOC: Well, I suppose that might yet be better than waving a magic wind around, or going by way of the Lumbar Port... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 12:04

(OOC: Hehehe well yes. Anyway I have corrected Daisy's name in the post above.)

Madeline nodded.
"Yes she is, and there is where Miss Darnell's hostility towards other Traditionalists stem for, her own Tradition more or less rejected her when she came back after er escape, she is still a member but she was no longer trusted, now she have little love for Traditionalist or Technocrat."
The old mage said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 12:09

Colin nodded, "Well, perhaps my Orphan status might grant me at least a little less hostility than a full member of any Tradition, perhaps not. Seems like such a tragedy, though, to be shunned for what was done to her..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 12:19

Madeline sigh and nodded.
"Especially since Miss Darnell risked her life for the Traditions many times as a member of a war Chantry fighting on the front lines of the war until she was captured, her shunning is not fair but there is allot of hatred among the Virtual Adepts for anything that even smell of the Technocracy, for understandable reasons."
The old technomancer said.
"When the Sons left the Union it was relatively peaceful, the Technocracy back then had just changed it's name from the Order of Reason and had more honor, but when the Adepts left...well let us just say that the Union hunted them without mercy and the hatred born of that sometimes find targets that do not deserve it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 12:30

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Yes, I believe Master Sharaya may have mentioned something to that effect..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 12:36

Madeline sigh and nodded.
"I think the difference was that the Union no longer really wanted us and they had little against us leaving, it was done in as amicable ways as possible but the Adepts...eight hundred Awakened left the Technocrazy but only two hundred Adepts was left when they joined the Traditions for protection, it was a bloodbath."
She said and shook her head.
"Well it is a most unladylike topic of discussion."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 16:55

"I will do the rote then, and we will see how much aid it will give us and we can have the debate at some point over that pint of beer that you owe me when we do not have to save the world with the Avatars of children in the balance."

"It might even have to be two pints by then, I think I can manage that even on my budget."

Colin gave Adley a sheepish grin, "Thank you... 'Know-It-All' - I'll have to try to remember that one. Might take me a few years to adapt to that one, though. Acronyms are tricky things, after all."

"You are quite welcome," he said, with a slight nod. This week had thrown him enough to make him feel like he didn't know anything at all. Or to elucidate the difference between knowing a thing and experiencing it for oneself. But it was still far preferable to killed on arrival.

"I guess all the Hermetics and half the Chorus should have one then." Freddy joked as she passed Colin on her way out of Madeline's office.

"Strange, but I did think that it was your Tradition lately famous for information," he said, teasing her back.

"The...execution was skillfully done, thank the heavens for small favors, I doubt Dylan would have felt more than an impact to the back of his neck." The old woman said her stern expression remained but she now also looked rather pale. "I will get you those papers."

He blinked as the realisation hit him and then gave a sharp nod of his head. "Yes, please do." Killing Claire, he had felt the pain then from his avatar, a deep grief...but Dylan's departure had been fast. It had seemed to him just as if he'd been knocked out.

Adley listened to the exchange between Colin and the Etherite, raising a brow at the comment about a Hermetic lich. This certainly was a diverse chantry. But the captured Adept's story, while sad, made him wonder if this was the person they had been seeking in the first place. If not, at least they might have a resource to connect them to should they need to try that. He hoped Colin would have more luck speaking with her than any of them would, if it came to it. "Are we ready, then?" he asked. They didn't have time for things to digress into a conversation about the Adepts defection, save for the salient points as to why Darnell faced her difficulties.

"Yes we all have our inner demons to slay." Francesca said she gave to a bit of an encouraging smile then she sigh. "But yes we need to do our duty now and worry about other things later."

"In our case I think hydra is more appropriate...but yes." Abigail had become another important part of the monster they faced. One that he had a personal reason to want taken out, now. He took a breath and drew strength from her encouragement. "Let's get Liv."

// I had a phone that had a weird auto-correct algorithm - to the point where 'mobile' became 'Jeffrey'. It named itself one day, essentially. I used the idea for a sentient AI that had the sense of humour and maturity of a troll grown up on the internet...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 17:48

"It might even have to be two pints by then, I think I can manage that even on my budget."

Adjan gave a grin at that.
"Let us hope long enough for me to take you up on that."
He said.

"Strange, but I did think that it was your Tradition lately famous for information," he said, teasing her back.

"Touche."
Freddy said and giggled.

He blinked as the realisation hit him and then gave a sharp nod of his head. "Yes, please do." Killing Claire, he had felt the pain then from his avatar, a deep grief...but Dylan's departure had been fast. It had seemed to him just as if he'd been knocked out.

"I will have the papers ready for you for when your group are ready to leave Chicago Mr Roth Hicks."
Madeline said she still seamed like if she was fighting with her emotions, she was a proud woman who did not like to show grief or other such emotions in public.

"Are we ready, then?" he asked. They didn't have time for things to digress into a conversation about the Adepts defection, save for the salient points as to why Darnell faced her difficulties.

"Yes we should be ready Adley."
Adjan said as he headed out of the office.

"In our case I think hydra is more appropriate...but yes." Abigail had become another important part of the monster they faced. One that he had a personal reason to want taken out, now. He took a breath and drew strength from her encouragement. "Let's get Liv."

Francesca nodded.
"We will get her back and we will deal the Fallen a blow at the same time."
She said.

Outside of Madeline's office her small assistant, Miss Baker stood waiting, she was a short, thin woman wearing a brown dress that was decorated at her waist by a thin belt and white high heeled shoes.
"If you would follow me ladies and gentlemen and I will take you to the garage."
The woman said.
"My name is Mia Baker I am Deaconess Rose's personal attendant if there is anything you need before your departure my employer have instructed me to provide for you everything you might need."

(OOC: I think I had a nazi phone once, I was writing up a shopping list for my husband and put smøreost on the list that translates as cream cheese, it wanted to change that to a certain English word you do not call people of color, exactly what logic was behind that I do not know.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 1:42

Colin carefully weighed the key to the Toyota in his hand, thinking, "Hydra, is it? An interesting simile, calling for a hefty iron blade and a flame to cauterize the wounds... A beast guarding an entrance to the underworld, if I recall correctly..."
He shook his head, "Classical education aside, we have a rescue to execute."

He gave Mia Baker a smile, "Well, Miss Baker, I don't suppose you might have an easily-operated, man-portable plasma cannon or similar weapon available? Ah, I am mostly jesting, don't worry; this is not the sort of mission for which that would be particularly suitable."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 3:10

Adjan gave a grin at that. "Let us hope long enough for me to take you up on that." He said

"Let's work on making it happen. Did you need a moment with Mrs Addlebloom in the car lot to work on your rote?"

"I will have the papers ready for you for when your group are ready to leave Chicago Mr Roth Hicks." Madeline said she still seamed like if she was fighting with her emotions, she was a proud woman who did not like to show grief or other such emotions in public.

He gave a nod of his head and then turned to go. He didn't want to provoke her further, he knew what he'd told her had been upsetting and he didn't like it. But it was the truth. And now Abigail had a hold of some of Beatrice's hair...he couldn't let her hurt her again.

"Yes we should be ready Adley." Adjan said as he headed out of the office.

Colin carefully weighed the key to the Toyota in his hand, thinking, "Hydra, is it? An interesting simile, calling for a hefty iron blade and a flame to cauterize the wounds... A beast guarding an entrance to the underworld, if I recall correctly..." He shook his head, "Classical education aside, we have a rescue to execute."

"Iron blades and a flame?" he nodded at that. "I meant that so soon as we cut off one 'head' another cropped up...but perhaps it's for lack of cauterizing things the way they need to be...yes, of course, you're right."

Francesca nodded. "We will get her back and we will deal the Fallen a blow at the same time." She said.

"Yes." He nodded back to Francesca with renewed clarity of purpose.

"If you would follow me ladies and gentlemen and I will take you to the garage." The woman said. "My name is Mia Baker I am Deaconess Rose's personal attendant if there is anything you need before your departure my employer have instructed me to provide for you everything you might need.

"Thank you Mrs Baker. Please, lead on."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 4:00

He gave Mia Baker a smile, "Well, Miss Baker, I don't suppose you might have an easily-operated, man-portable plasma cannon or similar weapon available? Ah, I am mostly jesting, don't worry; this is not the sort of mission for which that would be particularly suitable."

"No Sir I do not."
Miss Baker said as if your request was completely normal.

"Let's work on making it happen. Did you need a moment with Mrs Addlebloom in the car lot to work on your rote?"

"Yes let us do that."
Adjan said then he shook his head.
"No I should be able to work the rote in the car independantly of Miss Adflebloom's own efforts."

"Thank you Mrs Baker. Please, lead on."

Baker led the way across the hall and out of the main Chantry, you where now in a well groomed garden with a little fountain, in the opposite end of the garden though there where plated herba and a mighty oak with bark the color of blood, a Verbena Life Tree stood planted. Mia lead the way around the large building of Morningstar itself, a building that clearly had many new sections added over the years and now looked a little like Frankenstein's building, past a small hut with smoke coming out of the pipe and a tool shed and over to a three floor newer building behind the Chantry. The whole complex was surrounded by a tall, overgrown brick wall. Mia Baker lead the way down into the basement of the secondary building and it was there you get to a underground garage with a large variety of different cars, mostly the personal vehicles of the various Chantry members. Mia show you the green, and we are talking bright apple green here, Kia and the demure blue Toyota then she nods.
"Well we are here, is there anything else I can assist with?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 8:13

Colin gave Adley a grin, "Well, it IS a rather Herculean task we're taking on."

He smoothly unlocked the Toyota and slid in behind the wheel, adjusting the seat a little, "I should be good, at least... Thank you, Miss Baker. Ladies and gentlemen, let us saddle up and roll out, shall we?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 8:35

As the group from Boston got into the two cars and got ready to leave a small girl came running into the garage, she could not be older than six, she had light brown, shoulder length hair, large brown eyes and was wearing a colorful tshirt and jeans. The girl ran over to Colin who was the closest and smiled up at him, then she handed her a sheet of paper which had a beautiful drawing on it, it clearly showed Horizon with it's twin suns, a broken hourglass, a woman stood over a dead girl and pointed a sword at another woman and all around this design there where stars and darkness. The girl smiles and hands you the picture but she says nothing. You notice strange symbols on the girl's skin a triangle at her forehead, several lines in a pattern on one cheek, a complex symbols on one hand, the symbols seamed to be scars.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 10:03

Colin arched an eyebrow and looked carefully at the drawing, "Well, hello there... What is this, then? Did... did you draw this? Are these people we should know?"
He squatted down before her, giving the girl a small smile, and extending his hand, "I'm Colin, by the way... who are you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 10:11

The girl did not speak, nor reach for your hand, she just looked at you. As you speak to the little girl you hear quick footsteps than run down towards the garage.
"Meg...are you down here."
A young woman called as she ran into the large room, she was very young, in her early twenties, her hair was short, dark brown and spiky, her eyes was brown as well and she would have been pretty if it was not for the symbols that marked her skin as well, far more than the little girl had, they covered her face and arms, the rest of her was hidden by a white tunic and black leggings.
"Forgive me is she bothering you?"
The young woman said as she caught up with the girl.
"She got away from me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 10:17

Colin rose again and smiled, "No bother, though a bit puzzling, miss... Your little girl here gave me a picture of a scene on Horizon. The imagery is... unexpected. Might you be able to explain it?"
He gave the picture another hard look, trying to spot any identifying features on the people in the image, then handed it over to the woman, "Does this mean anything to you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 10:33

"If Meg gave you the picture Sir it was for you and I doubt I will be able to interpret it for you."
The young woman said and looked at the picture.
"A warning of war perhaps, or a way to outsmart an enemy, but what the hour glass mean I do not know."
She said and handed the picture back to you. One of the two warring woman in the painting had a scarred face, the other's hair was shoulder length and blond other than that there where few identifying features for them.
"Meg's drawings always have meaning though."
The young woman continued.
"She do not speak, she only draws...but forgive me you where heading out it seams and my apprentice interrupted you. I will take her with me and out of your hair, again I am sorry, you should keep the painting though Sir, the meaning might come to you in time."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 11:13

Colin frowned at the picture, "The hourglass... Time is running out, or perhaps it means the future can be changed in some respect... The women could be the Fallen ringleaders..."
He frowned, "I need to identify the girl..."

((OOC: Which woman is the one with the sword, the blonde or the scarred one? The scarred one could be Abigail, and the blonde could be Lisa Larson, but which one is which could be VERY important...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next