Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 20 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Colin gave a wry grin, "Well, an omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent God would hardly need to burden individuals with the duty and power to protect those weaker, would it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 20 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:48 pm

"Unless such a creature enjoyed to see lesser being struggle."
Kimble said and shrugged.
"Which I would not put past something that powerful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:46 pm

[quote]"I agree that blocking of the fire escape further down will be a good idea, however trying to levitate down, I guess they can do that but we are in a very crowded area, the Paradox of such a thing is likely to be catastrophic, especially for a Nephandus." Adjan said. "However off course we do not know what the vampire slaves might be able to do but I doubt they have abilities in that range."
Freddy nodded. "I can try to do that yes, if I manage to copy the spell I can probably place it at least...I can't make such a kinetic barrier Mr Roth Hicks, I am not an advanced enough student of Forces, you would have to make it and I can try to in effect teleport the rote to another location. In short you can make the rote we need but not place it correctly, I can place it but not create it." The Virtual Adept said"

They couldn't plan for every contingency. There were going to be things they didn't know, and that was just the way of it. Hopefully they could think of something to deal with things as they came up and just try to maximize what they could. It wasn't as if they had time to quibble. "Good, let's do it. Adjan keep an eye out in case the situation changes. Freddy, I'm going to create the barrier against a surface for you to copy, something out of our way." He moved over to an area that he could use to template the field for Freddy, not directly over to the vampire's apartment just in case the Aegis was active there and not where they'd need to be moving around.

// I figure he'd have to at least ditch the last one for the ritual, or like I said, it's fizzled due to time. Just checking.
Arete roll for a kinetic barrier, F2: 6,8 - I don't know how much time they have left, so I put one roll out first - plus Freddy will need a moment to do her thing!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:07 pm

"Good, let's do it. Adjan keep an eye out in case the situation changes.

Adjan nodded but said nothing he went to the door of the apartment to keep watch as you and Freddy worked.

Freddy, I'm going to create the barrier against a surface for you to copy, something out of our way."

"Ok I will get ready."
Freddy said and her fingers danced over her tablet, her face taking on a look of concentration as she worked, it was clear that she was preparing something that took everything she got and she said nothing as she programmed the rote she would use to move Adley's barrier.

He moved over to an area that he could use to template the field for Freddy, not directly over to the vampire's apartment just in case the Aegis was active there and not where they'd need to be moving around.

It is not the best rote you have ever made in your life, your mentor might go so far as to call it sloppy as you have to hurry though some of the words and incantations, but you do feel reality obeying you and you do manage to create a area where the air itself is harder or rather where the kinetic forces of the universe, the principle of them loose authority, the shield might indeed be sloppy but it will do the job.

Freddy looked up and as you finish your rote she glance at the wall then tap at her tablet a few more times, she still did not say anything, she just looked focused, this was a working at the very edge of her ability and it took everything she got to pull it off, finally after a minute or so she looked up and almost giggled.
"I think I got it."
She said then she drew a deep breath.
"I have placed your kinetic shield a bit down the fire escape, hell but that was interesting."
She muttered looking a little tired the screen on her tablet flickering as if the complicated rote had drained it of it's battery.
"So what now? Do we do down and help the others or wait up here?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:32 pm

He wasn't exactly pleased, he was tired and it was a shoddy job. He think it worked though at least enough and that was going to have to do.

"I think I got it." She said then she drew a deep breath. "I have placed your kinetic shield a bit down the fire escape, hell but that was interesting." She muttered looking a little tired the screen on her tablet flickering as if the complicated rote had drained it of it's battery. "So what now? Do we do down and help the others or wait up here?"

He drew his weapons again and gave the car keys to Adjan. "They should be starting to evacuate soon. We'll keep an eye on the stairs and the windows, see which way they go with Liv. If ours need help we'll move down the stairs and block them off that way, forcing them back towards the others. If they skip through with Correspondence, see if you can get a tracker...and if they fly, well, let's hope they don't." He looked at her tablet and frowned. "Shit, hope that lasts till we get into the car. Right, let's get ready, I'll try to cover you. Freddy, we might need you to check Liv over for tracers; if we get separated, someone has to look for other arcane connections tied to her before going back. Get separated, try to get back to the garage."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:07 pm

He drew his weapons again and gave the car keys to Adjan. "They should be starting to evacuate soon. We'll keep an eye on the stairs and the windows, see which way they go with Liv. If ours need help we'll move down the stairs and block them off that way, forcing them back towards the others. If they skip through with Correspondence, see if you can get a tracker...and if they fly, well, let's hope they don't."

Freddy nodded she put away her tablet and found her phone and got ready, she also drew her gun which now had a nicely done net of rubber lines on the handle for better grip courtesy of Colin.
"I am ready to try to trace them if they teleport away."
Freddy said simply. Adjan checked his gun one land time and nodded that he was ready before he moved towards a spot where he had a good vantage point to the stairs.
"Yeah let us hope they do not try to fly...for everyone involved though it is a bit funny to think about the Syndicate bastards looking out the window and seeing a bunch of Nephandi fly by like if they where bloody Peter Pan."
Freddy said and grinned.

He looked at her tablet and frowned. "Shit, hope that lasts till we get into the car.

"Doubtfully I guess I could have done that rote a bit more elegantly, however I have my phone and my spare phone so it should be fine, it is just a smaller screen."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.

I'll try to cover you. Freddy, we might need you to check Liv over for tracers; if we get separated, someone has to look for other arcane connections tied to her before going back.

Freddy just nodded, she did not like it but she accepted what Adley was saying and he was probably a better fighter than her anyway, but she did not like someone covering her.
"If we get separated I will find the rest of the group."
She confirmed.

Get separated, try to get back to the garage."

Both of the two other magi nodded at that.

Colin and Richard as you stand there talking with Kimble you suddenly hear some noise from the vampire's apartment, you hear some coughing, and someone swearing loudly in the Nephandi language and a loud band as if someone ran into something in there, it was clear that the gas had started to seep into the apartment and it's occupants where not happy.
"Should I run in and get the girl or wait out here for them?"
Kimble asked as the coughing and sounds of swearing and confusion from the apartment you where watching grew louder.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:43 am

Colin gave Francesca a meaningful glance, "37 seconds until the predetermined time, the lads should be on the way down... but the party starts early. Crack the wall, I'll cover you. With luck, she's in the adjacent room."
He raised his gun and his left hand, ready to close the readied spell if and when the trap triggered, "Unless the lady doth protest too much."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:45 am

Richard drops his arms by his side.. .relaxing.. .watching for movement from the door

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:28 am

Friday:

They're a common enemy for everyone. he said simply.

"Nephandi? Yeah you mentioned them, they are the enemies of this organization that you are a part of right?"

I told you our avatars show us the way to ascention. THey made a deal with a demon or a monster from other plane and gain some kind of power... and they kill and corrupt their avatar until it's the undead version of it. They corrupt everything. he said with a face of sadness and hate. The fear of them is the reason why a friend of mine is in danger. I'll tell you more some other day. he closed the matter.

Saturday:

You could have let Amadeus call me. I would have taken you away until they could have stopped the guys. I need you to help me help you if anything happens again, ok? he said. It was more his frustration going out, but he couldn't help it. He wasn't there. It's probably true that he would have fighted with them, but now... he knew he could have helped.

I know, baby, and i'm sure she's right. he said with a smile. Can i do something else with you?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:29 am

Colin and Richard:

Francesca sigh and shook her head.
"By all means."
She muttered and readied her gun.

Kimble rushed out into the hallway and down the corridor towards the vampire's apartment, with one motion he ripped the door of the handle and threw it aside, showing just how great his strength was and then he rushed into the apartment, you hear someone say something on the Nephandi language that do not need translation and there is the sound of gunfire from within Nicolai's apartment.

If you go into the hallway you will see the cyborg grappling with two men one of which have a slender little girl with brown hair by the arm, both of them was coughing and struggling with the gas inside of the apartment, one of the men empty his gun into Kimble who responds by grabing him and tossing him into the hallway before he went towards the man who had the girl.

Within the apartment, you can both see in addition to the two men and the girl, a third man taking cover behind a hallway dresser, and two women that ducked back into what had to be the living room, one of the women begun to chant despite the gas in the apartment, gas that now started to seep into the corridor as well, everyone was coughing but they where not planning on going down easy.

Francesca took aim and fired a shot at the man behind the dresser.
"Do your thing then Mr Steed I will do what I can in the meantime."
She said sounding displeased as the plan was left behind and the hallway broke out into chaos.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:47 am

Tane:

Friday:

They're a common enemy for everyone. he said simply.

Lily nodded then she sigh.
"But what is it that they want, no one do something for no reason, perhaps a peaceful solution to make them stop what they are going can be found?"

I told you our avatars show us the way to ascention. THey made a deal with a demon or a monster from other plane and gain some kind of power... and they kill and corrupt their avatar until it's the undead version of it.

The young woman seamed horrified.
"But who would do that, who could do such a thing? The creature you showed me that live inside of me, it was beautiful, noble, who would willingly harm such a being?"

They corrupt everything. he said with a face of sadness and hate. The fear of them is the reason why a friend of mine is in danger. I'll tell you more some other day. he closed the matter.

Lily nodded but she seamed disturbed by what you had said. As you stand there talking with the young mage a man you have not met before enters the library and talking about black dogs, he had one with him though this one was a physical animal. The man was of average height and slightly stocky, his face was handsome with sharp blue eyes and Roman features, his hair was a dirty blond just starting to gray and it was kept short but messy. The man was wearing jeans, a white shirt and a knitted jacket and he gave you and Lily a look before he muttered.
"Good afternoon."
He was probably wondering who you where.

Saturday:

You could have let Amadeus call me. I would have taken you away until they could have stopped the guys. I need you to help me help you if anything happens again, ok? he said. It was more his frustration going out, but he couldn't help it. He wasn't there. It's probably true that he would have fighted with them, but now... he knew he could have helped.

Beatrice sigh, with some difficulty she lifted her bound hands and laid one of them against the other mage's cheek.
"If you had done that Tane you would be in a cell right now, even if my..."
The young Verbena swallowed hard.
"Even if it was stopped you would have been arrested for preventing justice...you would probably face Branding, Ostracism or worse, and if it had not been stopped you could have been accused of helping an enemy of Ascension and the punishment for that...is not kind."
She said and let her hands drop, unable to keep them raised any longer.
"Besides how long do you think it would have taken until we where found? I...did not want to see you hurt. My mentor to he debated taking me and trying to run through the Umbra to Cerberus, but he considered the chances so small...there was nothing you could have done."
The Verbena said softly.

I know, baby, and i'm sure she's right. he said with a smile. Can i do something else with you?

Beatrice hesitated then she looked up at Tane.
"C...can you do me one favor Tane...after I got down to the Node my nightmares have changed, I am back...at the..."
The young blood witch did not manage to continue that sentence and the thought of it made her shake with fear.
"Anyway the faces of those six Spirit Masters are etched into my memory but at times I see one of them...a man in a place I have never been, I see him screaming. I...am...probably just dreaming but the man did...touch my Avatar...I."
Beatrice got a hurt look in her eyes over that, the Spirit Masters had harmed her Avatar and also touched that most private part of her soul without her permission.
"Can you find out if the six are safely back at their own Chantries...just in case you know..."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:56 am

"Yeah let us hope they do not try to fly...for everyone involved though it is a bit funny to think about the Syndicate bastards looking out the window and seeing a bunch of Nephandi fly by like if they where bloody Peter Pan." Freddy said and grinned.

"Just be ready to move as things turn," he said, speaking as much to himself as them as he found himself a position. He was reminded of pouring water down an ant hole,

Freddy just nodded, she did not like it but she accepted what Adley was saying and he was probably a better fighter than her anyway, but she did not like someone covering her. "If we get separated I will find the rest of the group." She confirmed

He gave her a sudden grin. "Hey, I never said you couldn't cover in return," he said at the look on her face. He looked back to what he was doing, focusing on the moment when it started.

The burst of activity came punctuated by several gunshots. He checked to see if anyone was ducking out the fire escape before turning to Adjan. "Front door...?" It looked like they were going to have to go down there, that was an awful lot of shooting...

// Clarification, is the girl and Mr Kimble in the hallway or inside the apartment, or in the doorjamb?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:57 am

"Just be ready to move as things turn," he said, speaking as much to himself as them as he found himself a position. He was reminded of pouring water down an ant hole,

"I am as ready as I am going to be."
Freddy said and nodded she was tense as she stood looking towards the stairs, glancing down at her phone every now and again.

He gave her a sudden grin. "Hey, I never said you couldn't cover in return," he said at the look on her face. He looked back to what he was doing, focusing on the moment when it started.

"Well then, that makes me feel better."
Freddy said and grinned back.
"I would not want to get Colin's Cabalmate killed, it could put a damper on our plans for later."
She joked.

The burst of activity came punctuated by several gunshots. He checked to see if anyone was ducking out the fire escape before turning to Adjan. "Front door...?" It looked like they were going to have to go down there, that was an awful lot of shooting...

"Yeah front door."
Adjan agreed and started to move towards the stairs. No one seamed to be heading out the fire escape though, but you do hear gunshots, grunts and the lovely sounds of someone chanting in what the Nephandi called a language downstairs.
"Either that is a Nephandus casting a spell, or someone is torturing a cat and we should call PETA!"
Freddy said as she headed for the stairs.

(OOC: Yes Kimble and the girl is just inside of the apartment, one of the ghouls are tossed out of the apartment, all of the others the Nephandi and the other ghouls are still inside and taking cover other than the one who have Liv who is grappling with Kimble.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:55 am

Friday:

They're corrupted and, as the Technocratic Union wants to help mankind to reach Ascention in a way and us in the other, they want to take everyone to Descention. Most lost their faith in humanity, think they're doing things right or punishing the unjust. Others, most too, are extremelly manipulative. There are some that can be reasonable, even good but misleaded people, but they can't return from the way they are. he explained, sadly.

As i said, they're not on their minds.

Ah, good afternoon. Tane Karyak, Dremspeaker. He introduced himself with a little nod.

Saturday:

There's always something to do. You can't say that when we're fighting a lost war and trying to accomplish several things that have never been done or that have been done little times. he said with a sad smile. You're too kind, darling. You cared even when that all was happening. That's what i like of you. he said with a sad smile. He didn't want to see that fading away, but at least that made him remember what he was fighting for.

I will ask around and make some calls... Amadeus has their names? he asked
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:09 am

Colin followed close on Kimble's tail up to the door, and paid close attention to the moment the trap went off, triggering his own rote with a whispered "Umbo!"
Then, as the rounded shield started forming in front of his left hand, he fired a shot at the chanting woman.

((OOC: Can't have spellcasting in there; that's just wrong, especially with the way the Nephandi cast spells. So, Dex+Firearms, 3, 3, 4, 6... Did I just miss? O.o ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 am

Tane:

Friday:

They're corrupted and, as the Technocratic Union wants to help mankind to reach Ascention in a way and us in the other, they want to take everyone to Descention. Most lost their faith in humanity, think they're doing things right or punishing the unjust.

"So some of them have what they see as good reasons for what they do, but they are still corrupted and only bring destruction?"
Lily asked.
"They do not sound like anyone I would like to meet in a dark alley, or anywhere else."

Others, most too, are extremelly manipulative. There are some that can be reasonable, even good but misleaded people, but they can't return from the way they are. he explained, sadly.

"Why can they not come back to normal? I mean if they change their ways should they not then become less corrupted?"
The young girl asked and scratched her head.
"Is there no forgiveness for them?"

Ah, good afternoon. Tane Karyak, Dremspeaker. He introduced himself with a little nod.

"Yes...I had heard we had gotten a Dreamspeaker at the Chantry...I am Darrian Haagen of the Order of Hermes House Solificati."
The man with the dog said and offered a nod of his head.
"And this is?"
He said indicating Lily, the young woman smiled to him though she seamed more occupied by his canine companion.
"I am Lily Gray Sir...em is he friendly?"
She asked about the dog and Darrian nodded.
"Yes he is."
He said and signaled the animal. Lily knelt down so she could reach out to the animal and pet him.

Saturday:

There's always something to do. You can't say that when we're fighting a lost war and trying to accomplish several things that have never been done or that have been done little times. he said with a sad smile.

"Yes perhaps...however sometimes the price for acting is to high."
Beatrice said sadly.

You're too kind, darling. You cared even when that all was happening. That's what i like of you. he said with a sad smile. He didn't want to see that fading away, but at least that made him remember what he was fighting for.

"You are a good man Tane...I could not bare it if you got hurt because of me."
Beatrice she looked sad and frightened, the conversation was reminding her of what had happened and it was not fond memories.
"But thank you for being willing to...help me..."
She muttered.

I will ask around and make some calls... Amadeus has their names? he asked

"I think he do..."
Beatrice said and shivered at the thought of those Masters, she was getting quite upsett and tears was rolling down her cheeks.
"Thank you."
She muttered softly.

Colin:

Nothing visually happens when the Cyborg went through the door, however something did happen for as you cast your own rote you can feel Quintessence there or...well the feeling was strange, it was static, hard, unchanging and nothing like the forces you are used to working with your rote do affect it but it feels vastly different from when you drained the Ball of Abysmal Flame.

You fire at the chanting Nephandus and the bullet neatly pass by her a few inches from her head, the chanting woman do not even flinch, clearly she had her share of self control and she just continued her foul sounding chant.

The man hiding behind the dresser fired at Colin...and miss if just barely the bullet swish part the Orphan's arm close enough to tear a piece of his clothing and leaving a small burn on his arm, but it did no real damage. Francesca fired at the man behind the dresser and force him to take cover, though she to miss.

(Everyone fail their firearms roll, everyone have turned into stormtroopers Razz Anyway Warp I would like an Arete roll for draining Nicolai's ward, especially since this is a static magic spell, something he have not tried to work with before.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:12 am

Friday:

Presicely.

I think they can't come back, because they make that undead avatar i tell you. I don't know of a magic so strong as to bring avatars (or people, for that matter) back to life. Also, they're in some demon's pocket so, no, they can't be redeemed. Not in this lifetime, at least, maybe in some other.

A real pleassure. I was showing Lily around, she has just Awakened on her own. Might i ask if you think there's any landmark in the chantry i should show her?

Saturday:

"Yes perhaps...however sometimes the price for acting is to high."
Beatrice said sadly.

This is the price of doing nothing. If you were in the same situation, would you do the same again? he asked.

Shhhhhh baby... shhh. he said caressing her head. They're away, i promise. I should let you ret now, i'll be around anyway, ok?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:29 am

Friday:

I think they can't come back, because they make that undead avatar i tell you. I don't know of a magic so strong as to bring avatars (or people, for that matter) back to life. Also, they're in some demon's pocket so, no, they can't be redeemed. Not in this lifetime, at least, maybe in some other.

"Someone must be insane to do that to themselves, to do that to their Avatars."
Lily said sounding horrified.
"Those guys needs to be stopped."
She muttered.

A real pleassure. I was showing Lily around, she has just Awakened on her own. Might i ask if you think there's any landmark in the chantry i should show her?

"Ah a newly Awakened one, that is a pleasure."
Darrian said and smiled to Lily who was busy petting his large canine friend.
"Well it is this library, and the kitchen an common room, the ritual rooms and labs though that might not be relevant just yet and then there are a meditation room we call the chapel up in the attic, other than that we do not have many fancy areas, this is a simple Chantry."
The Alchemist said and smiles.

Saturday:

This is the price of doing nothing. If you were in the same situation, would you do the same again? he asked.

"No...I...to face this I..."
What little color there was vanished from Beatrice's face.
"No if I knew how bad...I would run I would do anything I could to run, anything to get away."
She muttered weakly.
"And yes if it was a friend...that faced...I would fight to the death to free them but...but..."
The Verbena moaned in pain and got very uneasy she was afraid, tired and in pain.

Shhhhhh baby... shhh. he said caressing her head. They're away, i promise. I should let you ret now, i'll be around anyway, ok?

Beatrice cried softly though at least she was not completely panicking as before she looked at Tane for a moment and held onto his hand weakly until sleep took her, she was not able to stay awake any longer though she continued to weep until she finally fell asleep.

The large man that you have heard are Bruce King stood watching Beatrice with concern on his face while the Mercere was just very, very quiet, the girl just looked out into nothing while her mentor looked at Beatrice for a moment and then away as he tried to hide his own tears, hearing about her ordeal reminded him about his own.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:42 am

((OOC: I'd expect Colin had encountered static quintessence before, but probably not to this degree, or in such a manner... Arete roll is 3, 4, 0. ))

Colin struggled momentarily with his aim as the shape of the projected shield and the quintessence from the aggressive ward tried to interact. He didn't even flinch at the bullet grazed his arm, and he squeezed off another shot at the woman.

(Dex + Firearms: 4, 5, 6, 7... Well, it's a little better... Sad waste of the first Primium round, though, but the second might stand a better chance... Razz )
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:01 am

You manage to get control of the rote you are casting, and begin to fully drain the vampire's ward, it is a bit rough as his static magic not going well with your dynamic but you do manage to make it work and your shield get more powerful as the ward get weaker.

You fire at the Nephandus and the bullet hit her in the arm drawing a cry from her though it is hard to see how hurt she is, she reach out with her hand and speak the final words of her chant and something dark begins to manifest behind you, though it seam to you like her magick is a little wonky due to the Primium that shot through her arm, still whatever is manifesting can not be good as shadows gather and take shape.

The man behind the dresser fire at you again and this time he have better aim.

Francesca fired at the already wounded man again and hit him in the shoulder and he cries out and collapses on the floor, blood flowing out and staining the floorboards.

The man who was tossed out of the apartment slowly get to his feet, something is wrong with one of his feet though and he is not able to put weight on his left foot, he takes his time and aims at Francesca.

From within the apartment a ball of fire fly out towards Colin, Francesca and Richard, though the doctor was probably to much to the side to be hit, the second Nephandus had obiously decided to join the fray.

Kimble is still struggling with the man who had Liv, though the vampire slave seamed to possess superhuman strength for he probed to be a match to the large, enhanced man. Liv was crying, the little girl was scared and the gas was not making things better but through her tears she was trying her best to hit her captor with the porcelain doll she was holding.

There might be more then the three thralls you see inside the apartment, but at least those where the ones that had acted so far.

(OOC: Yes Colin have encountered hedge magic before but not tried to drain the Quintessence out of such an effect.)

(OOC 2: Can I please have a damage roll for the round that hit the chanting Nephandi woman, and also I do assume Colin desire to dodge the fireball. I also want a soak roll for the bullet that hit Colin, though it did not hit very well, it went into the thickest part of his thigh.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:38 am

((OOC: Ow, bugger... Okay, I'll start with the damage roll: 2, 2, 7, 0. As for the bullet soak; 4, 9, 0. HOWEVER, if the shield is adequately up, it should cont pretty much as a trashcan lid, I think? With a (Dex + Melee) difficulty 6 roll of 3, 8, 9, 0, that should give me an additional two dice of soak for... ehh, 5 and 5, so doesn't really help on this one. Blargh. The Dex + Dodge roll against the fireball, however, comes to 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 0... Wheee... Razz ))

Colin let out the briefest start of an oath as the bullet slugged into his thigh and he buckled a little to the side, trying to avoid the fireball and interpose the shield of Primal energy between his team and the flame. Grunting a little, he quickly shifted his aim to the fellow in the corridor, and tried to put a Primium bullet through his brainstem before he could shoot at Francesca.

((OOC: Dex + Firearms against the guy in the hallway: 7, 8, 8, 9... Oh, Gods, that's going to leave a stain. O.o ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:05 pm

The female Nephandus was bleeding rather badly from the arm that was hit by your Primium bullet, and the arm just hung there limp, unfortunately it did seam like the little piece of Primum had passed through her slender arm, tearing it up good in the process yes but still if it had remained it would have made it harder for her to use magick, as it where however only pain and eventually blood loss would slow her spellcraft down, the woman grabbed her wounded arm and ducked back into another room for cover, whatever she had summoned was on it's way to manifesting so for now she had a little time to lick her wounds.

You feel the bullet going through the flesh of your thigh, and it hurts, however other than pain it do not seam to cause allot of damage, off course the wound would need care and stitches once the fight was done but you can stand on the leg just fine, there is a pretty deep gash in it more than a hole as the bullet went right through, but it did not hit bone or important veins so you should be fine for now, though unless magick is used to heal it you will get a new scar.

The fireball wosh towards you, but you manage to step to the side and put your shield in it's path, this deflect the ball of burning air and it hits a wall hard, sending a shower of splinters everywhere. The caster of said fireball say something in the Nephandi language when she see that she have missed you that again do not need to be translated.

You do not have much time to take aim at the man that Kimble and shown around like a child's toy, but it seams that even if you do not have the time to take proper aim luck is with you for the bullet hit the main straight in the head and his skull more or less explodes like a over ripe melon, Francesca get splattered by the man's brains and blood and she let out a disgusted sound but at least she was not shot by the man who now fall to the ground, dead.
"Thank you."
She mutters.

(OOC: We could roll damage for the bullets that hit the ghoul, but since this is four hits right in the head I do not think we have to, he is dead, scratch one ghoul. Colin get one point of lethal..)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:54 pm

((OOC: Oh, owie... But, bullet went through, wound is clean, a scar like that is a smaller concern than the fact that Colin's going to need to rebuild his entire wardrobe from scratch soon, with all the blood and holes in his suits. Wink ))

Colin grunted apologetically to Francesca as he tried to see what the heck was forcing its way into reality. "Ah, bugger... Another thing i don't understand."
He swiftly shifted his left hand around to press the shield against where the shadows were assembling, though whether it would have a disrupting, outright damaging or just irritating effect was completely beyond him. At the same time, he aimed his last Primium round at the ghoul fighting Kimble for the girl.

((OOC: Not actually expending enough concentration to do more than point the shield in the general direction of the manifesting shadows; Dex + Firearms vs. wrestling ghoul comes to 3, 4, 6, 8.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Colin grunted apologetically to Francesca as he tried to see what the heck was forcing its way into reality. "Ah, bugger... Another thing i don't understand."

The thing making it's way into reality was just a mass of darkness, as if shadows themselves was given mass and as you looked at it the thing swung a shadowy tentacle at you just barely missing and bouncing off your shield.
"I am not so sure I understand it either, but let us see if it can die."
Francesca said and fired her gun into the black mass of tentacles and nastiness, the thing growled but the bullet did not seam to much disturb it's slow progression into manifestation, pressing up against your Quintessence shield and seaming to consume it, draining juice out of it little by little.

At the same time, he aimed his last Primium round at the ghoul fighting Kimble for the girl.

The thrall fighting Kimble for the little mage girl grunted as your bullet hit him in the guts.

At the same time the lady with the fireball obviously decided that if at first you don't succeed throw a bigger fireball the next time and deal with the Paradox later for a washing machine size ball of flame come flying down the corridor towards you and your allies before the woman hide behind some furniture again.

(Please roll dodge for the fireball, I am jumping to the assumption you do not want to get put on fire here and damage for the bullet that hit the ghoul. Oh and yes Colin's suit is never going to be the same again.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:20 pm

((OOC: Damage against the ghoul comes to 3, 7, 9, 0 - should be enough for Kimble to get the upper hand.))

Colin's eyes widened for an instant as he quickly processed what he was seeing - the shadowy thing was eating Quintessence, and there was a huge fireball on the way... He took a quick step back and dragged the shield around, trying to lure the shadowy blob directly into harm's way to soak up the fireball.

((OOC: I think we can call that Manipulation + Melee? Seems the most appropriate combination for such a sneaky maneuver... 5, 7, 7, 9. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next