Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 11 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Adley Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:56 pm

"Well this one man came to my door a few hours ago, he said he knew what I was and that I had gotten away from the Union and wanted my help in getting out of the city, he said he was afraid he would be sent to Boston. I did a scan and saw that he was Fallen and asked him what was the problem with Boston and he said something about those like him, including his mentor just going missing there..."If you want to have a look the bathroom is right around that turn and to the left..."

The way he spoke of it, Adley was quite glad that the ex-Agent had not decided to do the same to them when he came knocking at his door. He glanced at Colin with a raised eyebrow. They didn't have time to interrogate a prisoner but he might be useful. "What do you want to do about the Fallen?"

"Hum...you may be right, I have been trained to take out Awakened quickly and discreetly, chances are I can get through these wards and take out one...maybe two of the guards before they get the time to retaliate, but what will these guards be, vampires as you say or Nephandi, that do make a difference on how effective I am, magick do little against me, but physical attacks while I am somewhat protected, there is a limit to how long I can withstand those."
He cleared his throat, "As for the guards, we expect Nephandi only. Vampires are still asleep; seems they have trouble with daylight hours, and I doubt they trust the Fallen enough to sleep in the same apartment with them.

"There also may be some humans that are bonded to the vampires. They may have some types of abilities that a normal human would not so if you see anyone that is not Awakened, do not simply discount them as a threat."

"Very well, I have no wish to see a child suffer..." The man said his eyes turning dark as they flashed red again. "Not again, I will help you get her out of there, but only under the condition that you will do your best to prevent sleeper casualties, I do not want innocent people drawn into this war. I left the Union to regain my humanity not lose more of it." He said angrily. "We go in, kill any Nephandi, get the girl, and get out, nothing more, then we part ways, that is the deal." He said grumpily.

"As I said, we do not want to harm any of the sleepers here. That was always part of the plan."

He turned to the rest of the group, "Alright, when we go in, please try to avoid shooting through windows. Stray bullets fly far and remain lethal at surprising ranges; we don't want any accidents to sully our Karma, as it were. And let us try to avoid leaving too much traceable resonance behind, in case the Syndicate construct decides to investigate the inevitable conflagration..."

He nodded to Colin. "Bullets also can punch through walls, we don't want to harm Liv. As for the resonance, it's possible that I will have to use some magick in the fray and there are the cameras in this place. We might need to clean those up if we can, as well. We'll just have to do the best we can to minimize it."

"Very well, we break in, I provide cover, the rest of you fling rotes, that is what you Traditionalists call it right? To take out the guards. One of the women go to get the girl and get her out of there and then we fall back, no prisoners, no fuss, we get the girl and get out."
He said."Can any of you create kinetic shields to protect yourself from bullets and other projectiles?

"I can, yes but I will need a moment to prepare it and I cannot do it outside in the hallway of the place. Especially if there is more than one person shooting at me..."

"Oh they will investigate it." Freddy said and your new found, temporary ally nodded. "In short let us try not to shoot wildly."

Adjan said and checked on his daggers. "I prefer hand to hand combat anyway."

Francesca checked on something inside of her teddy bear purse. "No shooting at the windows, got it."

"I have hand to hand weapons on me as well. They will not be as fast but it also has the benefit of being quieter than the rapport of a gunshot."

The cyborg nodded again. "Well a few years living with honor is better than a hundred just existing." He said then he gave a slight grin as his eyes flashed red again. "And yeah I might get lucky and make it for a while, and that is for sure when the bastards eventually do catch up with me, I am taking some of them with me when I go down."

Adley glanced at the large man, seeming surprised that he was speaking so plainly as well as what he was saying...this week was certainly doing a number on his general purview of his enemies and allies. Though he supposed this would hardly fit the bill of most Iteration-X cyborgs, he was after all a renegade. "Very well. Who will take the initiative to find Liv in the apartment? Can any of us sneak through the melee while we provide the distraction? For instance, if they are not expecting us and I hope they are not, someone might be able to get a bit further in the room if they have bent the light around them or perhaps use some other type of distraction...banging the door down might work best in the end but it might set them up for a stand-off," he said, thinking out loud.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 11 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:49 pm

"There also may be some humans that are bonded to the vampires. They may have some types of abilities that a normal human would not so if you see anyone that is not Awakened, do not simply discount them as a threat."

"Off course not, only a fool would discount any sleeper as a threat and especially extraordinary citizens."
He said.
"I will keep my guard up."

"As I said, we do not want to harm any of the sleepers here. That was always part of the plan."

The cyborg nodded.
"Good."
He said.

He nodded to Colin. "Bullets also can punch through walls, we don't want to harm Liv. As for the resonance, it's possible that I will have to use some magick in the fray and there are the cameras in this place. We might need to clean those up if we can, as well. We'll just have to do the best we can to minimize it."

"I have a gun and I can shoot but I generally use magick in a fight, I do not really have much mundane combat training."
Freddy said.
"And even when using a gun I use magick to augment my skills, if this apartment we are breaking into are full of vampire blood slaves and Nephandi we might have to use magick."
She said and nodded and Francesca chimed in.
"I to are not the best with mundane combat, if I can sneak up on someone or set a trap for them yes, if not then I have to relay on magick in a fight to be useful."
The Euthanatos informed.

"I can, yes but I will need a moment to prepare it and I cannot do it outside in the hallway of the place. Especially if there is more than one person shooting at me..."

"My Paradigm...ehm it is Paradigm you call it right? Is quick but static, I will not need long to put up a kinetic shield I have one build into my left arm, I should be able to cover you for a while."
The cyborg said.

"I have hand to hand weapons on me as well. They will not be as fast but it also has the benefit of being quieter than the rapport of a gunshot."

"Projectile weapons have greater range, but my daggers are just as deadly if I get close."
Adjan said and then Francesca tapped the side of her nose.
"Hum...what if we try to take guns out of the equation, they contain allot of movable parts, there is a good chance that the right rote will just make everything mechanical in an area...present company excluded because of his Primium implant, fail, then we will be left with melee weapons and magick, that might be a good idea if we want to ensure we cause as little collateral damage as possible."
She said and smiled.

Freddy looked up from her phone.
"I have one rote I can use in a pinch by the way to create a blinding flash of light that should confuse our enemies, let us say that if I call out to watch out from the left, shield your eyes."
She said a bit absent minded as she worked on setting up her rotes.

Adley glanced at the large man, seeming surprised that he was speaking so plainly as well as what he was saying...this week was certainly doing a number on his general purview of his enemies and allies. Though he supposed this would hardly fit the bill of most Iteration-X cyborgs, he was after all a renegade.

The cyborg turned to Adley when he noticed the Hermetic looking at him but he said nothing his eyes flashed red for a moment then he turned his attention back to the planning of the strike on Nicolai's apartment.

"Very well. Who will take the initiative to find Liv in the apartment? Can any of us sneak through the melee while we provide the distraction? For instance, if they are not expecting us and I hope they are not, someone might be able to get a bit further in the room if they have bent the light around them or perhaps use some other type of distraction...banging the door down might work best in the end but it might set them up for a stand-off," he said, thinking out loud.

"I can teleport, and what shall we call it, blinking around a room is far easier than doing it across great distances."
Freddy said.
"Francesca though have a rote to not be notices, everyone just happen to see everywhere else than her, it is quite creepy and I have no idea how she do it but I take it Entropy is involved."
The Virtual Adept said and Francesca grinned to that.
"I can find the girl while you hold the guards off."
The Euthanatos offered.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I was out with friends playing MtG all day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Colin nodded, "I think we can stick the Fallen in the trunk of one car - it might be uncomfortable for the fellow, but honestly, that's not a problem... When we get back to the Chantry here, we can offer to let him blabber here, or we can take him with us back to be interviewed by our own security. He... will not enjoy it, either way, but needs must be. I hate killing people; and I REALLY object to do so for convenience."
He pondered, "If our firearms are disabled, I will definitely have to try to use the power drainage rote... Tap out excess power from the wards and see if I can funnel that into a, hm, useful shape."
He looked down at his signet ring, "I think I can remain combat capable without my pistol."
He gave Francesca a look, "By the way, that stealth rote of yours - is that an Initiate or Adept level rote? I might be interested in learning that at a later point. No time now, but perhaps after this whole debacle?"
He sighed, "Well, we know the wards will be tripped; I can set up my effect to drain them once triggered. I should be able to work out a... well, a shield-shaped blade - I can't vouch for its defensive properties without testing, but you would not want to run into it, I think. It sounds like we have a battle plan, though - Mr..." He looked at the Cyborg, "We need to call you something, Sir... Might I suggest Richard Kimble as an erstwhile alias? In any case, you kick down the door and trigger the wards, I draw out as much quintessence from the wards as I can, blunting their assault on you even further if possible, and our ladies maneuver swiftly and unseen while we draw the Fallen's attention... Our good doctor here stays behind with medical supplies at the ready, just in case, and we just do as good a job of it as we can to break this cell once the hostage is clear."
He scratched his chin, "But before we charge in, we should sedate the chap in the bathtub and drop him off in the car, short out camera surveillance on the floor, and if at all possible, attempt to determine Miss Bergen's precise location - and the exact numbers of hostiles present, preferably without them noticing."

((OOC: No worries; I was out all day to finish up Pathfinder characters for a campaign I'll be running tomorrow.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:47 am

Colin nodded, "I think we can stick the Fallen in the trunk of one car - it might be uncomfortable for the fellow, but honestly, that's not a problem... When we get back to the Chantry here, we can offer to let him blabber here, or we can take him with us back to be interviewed by our own security. He... will not enjoy it, either way, but needs must be. I hate killing people; and I REALLY object to do so for convenience."

"The way I understand it Mr Wainwright the Nephandus have had his hands crushed with the butt of a gun so he is pretty badly wounded to just throw him in the trunk would be agony for him, I have little sympathy for the Fallen however I would not want to become like them either and if I am to take part in effectively speaking torturing a man it have to be for better reasons than not killing for convenience, especially since in this situation the man in question is guaranteed to prefer death to being taken in."
Francesca said sounding skeptical.
"We are in a war and there is nothing wrong with killing an enemy, and it sure are better than torturing him just to not kill him. There are some valid reasons to bring the Nephandus with us, one of course is not not let him die and become a widderslainte in which case let us call it what it is, we are bringing the man to Gilgul, and if we are taking someone to such a fate then they at least deserve to be treated right meaning we stop and treat his wounds, we might transport him in the trunk but we will not do so while he suffers. We are taking the man to a fate worse than death, we should at least be decent about it."
She said.
"The second valid reason to not just rid ourselves of this enemy is that he do have information we want, we want to know why he wanted to desperately avoid Boston however what you suggest Mr Wainwright give the man no reason to speak with us, why should he care which Chantry he is held captive an interrogated at, now we or them might be able to force information out of him, and the information might be valid or might be just what we want to hear, but in either case you can guarantee that that if we just take this man who have already been badly hurt and brutalized and throw him in a trunk and drag him to a Chantry like a piece of meat then he will be pretty dead set against giving us any information, I know that if it was me that was treated like that I would dedicate my last breath to make sure my enemy got nothing useful out of me. If we talk with him now or when we have saved Miss Bergen but before we take him to the Chantry then we have leverage, we are in a situation where no one can blame us if he dies so we can offer him information for death, if we just drag him to either Chantry we have no leverage and if we do it the way you suggest and treat him as badly as...ehm...a Technocrat would...no offense."
Francesca said to the cyborg who just shrugged.
"Then he will have no reason to cooperate."
She said.
"I am sorry but I do not think torture and Gilgul for convenience is acceptable, if we bring him in, we do it right, or we kill him right here."
She said and sounded quite determined.

He pondered, "If our firearms are disabled, I will definitely have to try to use the power drainage rote... Tap out excess power from the wards and see if I can funnel that into a, hm, useful shape."

"I would not recommend it, unless you analyze the ward and figure out exactly how it's Quintessence flow work, using magick on a ward worth it's salt is likely to set it off, on you."
Adjan said.

He gave Francesca a look, "By the way, that stealth rote of yours - is that an Initiate or Adept level rote? I might be interested in learning that at a later point. No time now, but perhaps after this whole debacle?"

"You need the control of probability that are recognized as an Disciple degree to do exactly the same rote I do, but you might be able to do it differently at lower degrees of understanding."
Francesca said.
"You could find a path to move with the lowest probability of being stopped, but to forcibly twist chance so that you are not notice you need a greater understanding of it."

He sighed, "Well, we know the wards will be tripped; I can set up my effect to drain them once triggered. I should be able to work out a... well, a shield-shaped blade - I can't vouch for its defensive properties without testing, but you would not want to run into it, I think. It sounds like we have a battle plan, though

"Wards are usually not a one hit wonder, trigger them and that is it, they are an effect lingering in an area, and if they are triggered and then gone then they will be gone and the Quintessence in them will go back to the pool."
Adjan said.
"There will be little left to leech out of."
The Euthanatos continued.
"What our friend here might do for us is to if we are talking magickal traps and not traditional wards then trigger them for us, if not then show us what they do so we can avoid them or then begin to take them down, but it will not be immediately safe for us to enter that apartment even if he do, our best bet is to sure our enemies out of that apartment, or basically our friend here holding them back while I work on taking the wards down one they are triggered so we can properly find them, that you can help with."
The Euthanatos said.

Mr..." He looked at the Cyborg, "We need to call you something, Sir... Might I suggest Richard Kimble as an erstwhile alias?

"The Union called me G8-8567C but you may address me as you please."
The cyborg said.

In any case, you kick down the door and trigger the wards, I draw out as much quintessence from the wards as I can, blunting their assault on you even further if possible, and our ladies maneuver swiftly and unseen while we draw the Fallen's attention...

"I trigger the wards, you take it out and once it is safe the women move in and look for the girl while the rest of us keep the Nephandi and whatever else is in that apartment busy, sounds workable to me."
The former Technocrat said.

Our good doctor here stays behind with medical supplies at the ready, just in case, and we just do as good a job of it as we can to break this cell once the hostage is clear."

"Having your medic stay out of harm's way is wise...killing as many of the guards as possible give us the greatest chance for escape however we have to consider how much resistance they are able to put up, if we are having trouble with them fleeing might be better, for while we do our best to kill them, they can do the same to us."
The cyborg said.
"If the goal is to free the hostage then once she is cleared any other action should be to better the chance she remains free, staying and fighting beyond that point might not be in her best interests."

He scratched his chin, "But before we charge in, we should sedate the chap in the bathtub and drop him off in the car, short out camera surveillance on the floor, and if at all possible, attempt to determine Miss Bergen's precise location - and the exact numbers of hostiles present, preferably without them noticing."

"And how where you planning on taking a wounded, bleeding, sedated man through a apartment building to our car without him being noticed?"
Francesca said.
"I might be able to prevent someone from seeing, but he would still need to be walked down there which will take time and someone to carry him, and I am not doing that if it is just because you find killing him more distasteful than handing him off to Gilgul and quite possibly torture while at the same time being just as brutal. If we decide to take him captive and spend the time and energy to get him down there, like I said then we do so for a reason. If we decide we can not let him be reborn then fine, but then he get healed first and treated with respect for then he is a prisoner of war, and if we want information from him we need to speak with him first and have something to offer him, for if it is just to deal with the man and oh well we might get some useful intel, I vote we kill the man. When I die and my soul is judged if one of my deeds are bringing a man to Gilgul it will have been a conscious decision, where the prisoner was treated right, and not something done as afterthought, if we are going to take a prisoner, we decide why we are doing so, there are things worse than death."
Francesca said.

"Determining Miss Bergen's exact location would require magick and would most likely be noticed."
Freddy said.
"Using rotes on something inside of a ward will probably set it of. Taking out video surveillance though I can do but that have to be done just before we attack, for it will most likely also be noticed, for if I was holding a hostage I would be keeping my eyes on that feed, we might be dealing with idiots love, and I hope with do, but unless fates are that kind, once that feed go down, they know we are coming."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:04 am

Friday:

Master Jeffry Morgan is Part of House Flambeau wich is one of the houses of the Order of Hermes. They are called Flambeau... because they're masters of fire. I'm sure he can hurl a few fireballs. More than a few. he said with a smile Therefore, don't drive him trigger happy he warned.

I'd like one, yeap. Tane sat to listen.

Saturday:

Ah, hello Cita. It's absolutelly necessary to do this right away?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:11 am

Colin sighed and nodded to Francesca, "You're right. We need the information he has on what is going on in Boston - his desperation to not be sent there tells us he knows enough to be justifiably afraid. Which means we either barter for information and promise to make it... painless, in which case we still have to put him in the trunk, or we sedate him and mend his injuries, in which case we still need to put him in the trunk while we are upstairs for the girl. Sure, we get him into the back seat when we head back, but we need to confine him efficiently while we're away..."
He pinched the bridge of his nose, "We can, naturally, not expect them all to be idiots; I fear we may have gone through their incompetents already."
He shook his head, "Ah, the Devil's choice, either way... Ah, Hell with it, give me a few minutes..."
He walked into the bathroom and sat down on the toilet, facing the bathtub, "Hello, son, I'm afraid you are in rather a spot of trouble... are you willing to make a deal?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:14 am

Adley listened as everyone gave a general run down of some ways to approach the apartment and get Liv.

Francesca tapped the side of her nose. "Hum...what if we try to take guns out of the equation, they contain allot of movable parts, there is a good chance that the right rote will just make everything mechanical in an area...present company excluded because of his Primium implant, fail, then we will be left with melee weapons and magick, that might be a good idea if we want to ensure we cause as little collateral damage as possible."

"That might work in our favor if it jammed their guns for a bit. Temporarily, I assume? Also, would it affect any of the electronic gear we have on us?"

"I have one rote I can use in a pinch by the way to create a blinding flash of light that should confuse our enemies, let us say that if I call out to watch out from the left, shield your eyes."

"That's useful as well," he nodded. "Both of those ideas buy us a little time to get in and out and then I would be able to try to take out one of the foes right off the bat. I can make a shield in here but it will probably make the elevator ride uncomfortable," he pondered. Especially with the cyborg. He was a large man.

"Francesca though have a rote to not be notices, everyone just happen to see everywhere else than her, it is quite creepy and I have no idea how she do it but I take it Entropy is involved." The Virtual Adept said and Francesca grinned to that. "I can find the girl while you hold the guards off."

He recalled Adjan using something like that as well, how hard it had been to 'see' him. It had been the damndest thing, seeing him suddenly where you didn't expect. Quite handy in getting Liv out of there though. "That seems like a good idea to me."

Colin nodded, "I think we can stick the Fallen in the trunk of one car - it might be uncomfortable for the fellow, but honestly, that's not a problem... When we get back to the Chantry here, we can offer to let him blabber here, or we can take him with us back to be interviewed by our own security. He... will not enjoy it, either way, but needs must be. I hate killing people; and I REALLY object to do so for convenience.
"I am sorry but I do not think torture and Gilgul for convenience is acceptable, if we bring him in, we do it right, or we kill him right here." She said and sounded quite determined.

"I would not go so far as to say convenience. In addition to our companion's valid concerns, it will be hard to get someone bound to the car and then back up here without being noticed and even then, it will take time and separate our party."

He pondered, "If our firearms are disabled, I will definitely have to try to use the power drainage rote... Tap out excess power from the wards and see if I can funnel that into a, hm, useful shape." He looked down at his signet ring, "I think I can remain combat capable without my pistol.

"You should still at least have my dagger on you," he said. "Though I thought we were trying not to trigger the wards...?"

"The surveillance will need to be wiped after we've been there, if possible. As for where Liv is, then unless they have used Correspondence ars to hide her, she is likely to be in one of the more defensible rooms. Perhaps the bathroom or bedroom, or that small room we saw...there may be traps on those areas as well."

"What our friend here might do for us is to if we are talking magickal traps and not traditional wards then trigger them for us, if not then show us what they do so we can avoid them or then begin to take them down, but it will not be immediately safe for us to enter that apartment even if he do, our best bet is to sure our enemies out of that apartment, or basically our friend here holding them back while I work on taking the wards down one they are triggered so we can properly find them, that you can help with."

"There may be both traps and possibly also a warding, considering...good point, it could be layered." He frowned a little. "If we can't rush in there I doubt they will want to come out of their own accord."

"I trigger the wards, you take it out and once it is safe the women move in and look for the girl while the rest of us keep the Nephandi and whatever else is in that apartment busy, sounds workable to me." The former Technocrat said.

"Then I suggest also looking ahead for other types of magicakal traps before triggering the wards - if there are also traps, they'll need to be disabled before proceeding inside anyway...I know some of the ones we've seen were meant to kill but perhaps we will be lucky. If there are no traps, I will go in after you," he said to the ex-Agent, "and assist in clearing the room and trying to keep eyes off those rescuing the girl. Provide cover if necessary..."

"If the goal is to free the hostage then once she is cleared any other action should be to better the chance she remains free, staying and fighting beyond that point might not be in her best interests."

"If they break and run, our objective remains to save the girl. That means we cannot afford to be captured ourselves, whether by the security guards, vampire's friends, or anyone else. If they start to scatter they will either be noticed for running or get help, so we should also be on our way."

Colin sighed and nodded to Francesca, "You're right. We need the information he has on what is going on in Boston - his desperation to not be sent there tells us he knows enough to be justifiably afraid. Which means we either barter for information and promise to make it... painless, in which case we still have to put him in the trunk, or we sedate him and mend his injuries, in which case we still need to put him in the trunk while we are upstairs for the girl. Sure, we get him into the back seat when we head back, but we need to confine him efficiently while we're away...He shook his head, "Ah, the Devil's choice, either way... Ah, Hell with it, give me a few minutes...""

"And he will then be another person to deal with while we are trying to make our escape...the girl is our primary objective here." When he mentioned it was a devil's choice, he sighed. "Yes...it seems to be the case," Adley said with a frown. He certainly knew that feeling. "If we're waiting a few minutes I may as well make use of it," he said, watching Colin head to the bathroom.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:33 am

Colin and Adley:

Colin sighed and nodded to Francesca, "You're right. We need the information he has on what is going on in Boston - his desperation to not be sent there tells us he knows enough to be justifiably afraid. Which means we either barter for information and promise to make it... painless, in which case we still have to put him in the trunk, or we sedate him and mend his injuries, in which case we still need to put him in the trunk while we are upstairs for the girl. Sure, we get him into the back seat when we head back, but we need to confine him efficiently while we're away..."

"Make what painless exactly? The trip back to the Chantry? That is not much to offer him, but we can try. I am just trying to put myself in his shoes and even if I was hurt if someone offered information to make my trip to those who would Gilgul me painless, hell I would do anything in my power to give them nothing."
Francesca said.
"I am not protesting containing him, I only want it to be done humanely if possible and that we bring him in, if we bring him in, for the right reasons."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "We can, naturally, not expect them all to be idiots; I fear we may have gone through their incompetents already."
He shook his head, "Ah, the Devil's choice, either way... Ah, Hell with it, give me a few minutes..."

"Well perhaps they are all clones of Diego, foul mouthed yes but idiots, we can always hope."
Freddy said and grinned then she sigh.
"I fear we will not have such luck though."

He walked into the bathroom and sat down on the toilet, facing the bathtub, "Hello, son, I'm afraid you are in rather a spot of trouble... are you willing to make a deal?"

You walk into a large, luxurious bathroom, it had yellow tiles on the walls, stone floor, not quite marble but highly polished and a large, lion footed bathtub, you hear a soft mewling coming from the tub and when you sit down on the fluffy toilet lid cover and look down you see a young man, he had very dark red hair so it was hard to tell if it was red or dark brown, his skin would probably usually be rather tan in complexion but now he was pale, his eyes was a deep dark blue and they where terrified as they stared back at you, the man was gagged by a rag, he was wearing a white tshirt with an image from Helo on it, a black leather jacket and black jeans, his shirt was covered in blood. You see his hands, which was bound in frond of him was managed, the cyborg had literary laid in hands on a hard surface and hit then with the butt of his gun until each finger was broken in several places, the bones shattered in places and sticking out of his skin, the small bones of his hands where similarly broken and the hands where a dark shade of purple and extremely swollen, without magick there was probably nothing that could be done for the man's hands and the Nephandus himself was not doing so hot, he was clearly in a great deal of pain and terrified, when he saw Colin he screamed into the gag and tried to get up and get away, though with his hands in such a condition and his legs bound and the tub slick with his blood he only managed to hurt himself more, the man might be a Nephandus but such treatment as he had gotten was just a painful as for everyone else and he might be in shock in the very elast he was rather panicked that Colin might be there to hurt him as well.

"That might work in our favor if it jammed their guns for a bit. Temporarily, I assume? Also, would it affect any of the electronic gear we have on us?"

"Well the guns would jam, parts stop working, everything that could go wrong with them would go wrong, they could be fixed but they would not start working again on their own, we are talking about altering chance so that fine movable parts just happen to fail, there is nothing temporary about that."
Francesca said.
"Now I can try not to affect electronics but that makes it a whole lot harder to do, electronics are easier to affect in such a way than mechanical objects but yes it can be done."

"That's useful as well," he nodded. "Both of those ideas buy us a little time to get in and out and then I would be able to try to take out one of the foes right off the bat. I can make a shield in here but it will probably make the elevator ride uncomfortable," he pondered. Especially with the cyborg. He was a large man.

"Uncomfortable do not matter as long as we will still all fit in the elevator that is fine."
Freddy said and the others nodded.
"very well then just remember when I call for you to look out from the left shield your eyes, I will be opening a portal above the clouds in the most sunny location I can find, that do get quite bright, harmless but quite suddenly bright, especially when one is indoors and one's eyes are accustomed to lamp light."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.

He recalled Adjan using something like that as well, how hard it had been to 'see' him. It had been the damndest thing, seeing him suddenly where you didn't expect. Quite handy in getting Liv out of there though. "That seems like a good idea to me."

Francesca nodded.
"I shall begin to work on the rote then so I only need to complete it once we are by this Nicolai's door."
She said and pulled was looked like a human bone that rattled as she moved out of her teddy bear purse.

"I would not go so far as to say convenience. In addition to our companion's valid concerns, it will be hard to get someone bound to the car and then back up here without being noticed and even then, it will take time and separate our party."

"I or Adjan can do it and we will not be seen, but I at least will not do so unless we have a very valid reason, and yes it will off course take the time it takes to get to the elevator and back to the car and then back here."
Francesca said.
"And if we bring a prisoner in for...well you know what, then I will want him to be as kindly treated as possible."
She muttered.

"The surveillance will need to be wiped after we've been there, if possible.

"Leave that to me."
Freddy said.

As for where Liv is, then unless they have used Correspondence ars to hide her, she is likely to be in one of the more defensible rooms. Perhaps the bathroom or bedroom, or that small room we saw...there may be traps on those areas as well."

"Once we are in there I can try to feel for a young life, fresh from the ravages of decay that comes with time."
Francesca said she had begun to play with her bone rattle.
"Adley is right that there might be wards and protections on wherever the girl is kept as well though...the question is do we take the chance that it is not and just send Francesca in or do we take the time in the middle of the fight to check for wards."
Adjan commented.

"There may be both traps and possibly also a warding, considering...good point, it could be layered." He frowned a little. "If we can't rush in there I doubt they will want to come out of their own accord."

"Well like Miss Adlebloom said, let us hope they are idiots."
Adjan said with a grin then he turned serious.
"Picking wards apart then, that will slow us down considerably."

"Then I suggest also looking ahead for other types of magicakal traps before triggering the wards - if there are also traps, they'll need to be disabled before proceeding inside anyway...I know some of the ones we've seen were meant to kill but perhaps we will be lucky.

"I can scan for energy patterns."
The cyborg said.
"That should detect any such deviancy."

If there are no traps, I will go in after you," he said to the ex-Agent, "and assist in clearing the room and trying to keep eyes off those rescuing the girl. Provide cover if necessary..."

"Good, very well then I will not tell you my full defensive and offensive specification but I do have a kinetic shield as I said and a gatling gun in my right arm, I am also able to excrete various gasses from corrosive to explosive."
He said.
"We should be able to provide some cover yes."

"If they break and run, our objective remains to save the girl. That means we cannot afford to be captured ourselves, whether by the security guards, vampire's friends, or anyone else. If they start to scatter they will either be noticed for running or get help, so we should also be on our way."

"So if they scatter we just get the girl and run?"
Freddy asked.
"We do not peruse them."

"And he will then be another person to deal with while we are trying to make our escape...the girl is our primary objective here." When he mentioned it was a devil's choice, he sighed. "Yes...it seems to be the case," Adley said with a frown. He certainly knew that feeling. "If we're waiting a few minutes I may as well make use of it," he said, watching Colin head to the bathroom.

"Having a prisoner right now would be impractical, then again no one likes a reborn Nephandus...with a few rather cute exceptions."
Freddy said.
"Very well then while you do whatever you need to do I will ready a few more rote apps on my phone."
The Virtual Adept said and she sat down to fiddle with her smart phone while Francesca stood rattling her bone. The cyborg shook his head at Francesca and muttered something about deviancy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:39 am

Tane:

Friday:

"So he is sort of like a fire elementalist or something?"
Lily asked.
"Heavens I am in the middle of a Dungeons and Dragons game. I will do my best not to piss him off."
She commented.

Narim nods as he makes tea and he continue to speak.
"My Tradition are what is known as Technomancers, that is someone who use technology to use magick, though not all of us do, some manipulate information in other ways, I have a friend who is a journalist who use magick though that, I though see the world as data, I guess the closest thing to compare it to would be the movie the Matrix, I use my computer to program reality."
He said as he plopped metal tea infusers filled with herbs into the cups and then turned to Tane.
"Would you like some honey in your tea?"
He asked.

Saturday:

Cita glanced over at Tane.
"No not necessarily but I do prefer to keep an eye on my patient in these early critical moments, and I do not have the time to run around on a fools errand and not get things done...was there a reason why I can not examine my patient now?"
She said her voice polite but the strain and stress was getting to her as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:25 am

"I will tend to his injuries and make sure he suffers less" Richard says" also do you have a large rug?"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:48 am

Friday:

More like magic artillery. After the other comment, he looked at her with a face full of questions.

I like it raw, thanks. Tane was interested and not exactly surprised for the special imput.

Saturday:

I'll wake Amadeus, then. WOuld you like to rest a little too afterwards? Please? he asked before going back
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 am

Richard:

"Good, you should probably check on his condition then to determine how easy it might be to move him and how best to treat him Dr Lee."
Francesca said as she shook her bone rattle.

"There is a rug in the living room, right in there."
The cyborg said and pointed at a door.
"But whatever or not it is big enough for what you have in mind Doc I have no idea, I do have some blankets though."
He said.

Tane:

Friday:

Lilly laugh a little.
"It is a game Tane, Dungeons and Dragons it is a game about a magical world full of spells and mages."
She explained as she see the look on your face.
"You really are not a geek are you."
She joked.

Narim nodded he brought the cup of tea over to you before he continued.
"Off course even among us there are other Paradigms and factions, though we do not have formal Houses like the Hermetics do but we do have factions. But yes a short description is that we are information mages that generally use computers."
He said. Lilly nodded she seamed to consider for a bit.
"Can you chat with spirits?"
She asked. Narim smiled a little.
"Well there is a Master of the Art at this Chantry right now that do just that."
He said.

Saturday:

"It is a shame to wake him the man need some rest...we all do."
Cita said.
"I can not rest though, I have to monitor Tobias, unfortunately the boy have taken a turn for the worse."
She said and she sounded quite worried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:21 am

Richard walks into the bathroom to to asses the "patient" ( 7 die Result 7 - 8 - 3 - 1 - 10 - 10 - 3)
After he asses the status he will make him "comfortable" by knocking it out with the prepared sedative.. .then tend to its wounds.....so as not to be distracted

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:49 am

Well right now Colin is sitting on the toilet trying to talk with the prisoner so unless you are planning on pressing your way past him to sedate the Nephandus, you might want to wait.

You see the prisoner he is laying in the bathtub, bound and gagged and he is screaming into the gag in panic when Colin speak to him and he get even more scared when another person comes into the bath room. His hands are in a terrible condition, each finger is broken in several places and some of the bones are just shattered with pieces jutting out of his skin, the small bones of the hands themselves are broken as well and his hands are very swollen and deep blue with bruising. The Nephandus is in a pretty bad condition, he is in shock and his skin seam clammy, he have lost some blood as well if the smear in the bath tub is any indication.

You do not think the man's hands can be saved with conventional medicine there is just do much damage, magick will have to be used if those wounds is to be healed. The Nephandus should be strong enough to survive being sedated though, but he will need fluids and if he is in shock his body temperature might be to low and he will need heat.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:02 am

Colin glanced at Richard, "Ah, doctor... do you have a local anaesthetic there? I'd rather he be conscious enough to talk for a few minutes, and not addled by agony."
He turned back to the Fallen, "Now, I don't want to harm you needlessly. But right now, we are stuck with two choices; if you talk, we can offer you a clean, fairly painless death. If you refuse, we'll be forced to sedate you, bring you back to be interrogated, and then have your Avatar flayed, likely but by no means guaranteed followed by execution. The bringing you back will involve taking you with us to Boston, which I understand you are rather opposed to visiting these days, so... if you wish to talk, nod your head, and I'll remove your gag. If you'd rather face the... less pleasant alternative, shake your head from side to side."

((OOC: Ah, bloody Nephandi, even when they're collateral damage, they complicate a straightforward op. >.< ))
((OOC2: Francesca's right about the ethics, though...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:25 am

The Nephandus turned even paler and glanced up at Colin, the realization of what faction you where from shaking him out of his panic with a fresh shock.
"Y...you are Traditionalists..."
He managed though the gag or rather something that sounded a little bit like that and he looked frightened out of his wits. When you mention Boston anger and terror flash in his dark blue eyes and for a moment he seamed to struggle with himself then his fear won out in the end and he gave a very slight nod as he tried to regain some measure of dignity and failing miserably at it, tears welling up in his eyes, he might be a monster but he was human as well and he was trapped, wounded, in pain and faced with his worst nightmare, his eyes never left you and Richard though and he looked at you like someone would look at two vipers ready to strike.

(OOC: Well the Ascension war can get complicated.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:12 am

Colin nodded and leaned over to untie the gag. "We are, indeed, Traditionalists. Now hold still for a moment, while I get this thing off..."
Gag removed, Colin leaned back again, "Now, before I ask my questions, would you like a painkiller for your hands? I believe the good doctor here can procure something topical that won't dull your mind."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:30 am

The Nephandus first jerked away fearfully as Colin reached for him, but then he settle down a little and allow the Orphan to remove the gag, he cough a few times then glance at the two mages again.
"Yes..."
He muttered to Colin's question about the painkillers for his broken hands.
"You are from...Boston?"
He managed his voice slurred with pain and fear.
"What have you done with my mentor? What have you done with her?"
He asked anger flashing in his eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:46 am

Colin shrugged, "I can't say... I don't know who your mentor is."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:55 am

"Martha...Cunningham...her name is Martha Cunningham though she change her last name every so often."
The Nephandus said and cough.
"We where told the...Traditions got her but...the leader of...my Labyrinth do not seam to believe that..."
He said weakly then he moaned softly and was clearly struggling not to panic and fall apart.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Colin frowned, "To my knowledge, we don't have her. I can't rule out the possibility that another Chantry has dealt with her, of course, but if she is an old, experienced Mage, Fallen or not, then we would probably have heard of a conflagration around her demise or capture. It sounds more plausible that she's fallen victim to Lisa Larson's... predilection for disposing of those no longer useful to her. In fact... is your Mentor skilled with temporal magic, perchance?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:09 pm

"Temporal magick? No she is a healer and know how to manipulate flesh."
The Nephandus muttered he squeezed his eyes shut trying to deal with the pain in his hands.
"I...have heard rumors...that there are no widderslainte in Prelatus Larson's Labyrinth...that all of them vanish...she blame it on the Traditions and the T...technocracy, but...all of them...they just...vanish...and then I got a phone call...and..."
The young Fallen said then he groaned and swore.
"Fuck that cyborg..."
He muttered in a pained whimper.
"I never should have...tried to find help to escape Chicago..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Colin nodded, "We are aware that Larson is sacrificing widderslaintes to feed her Caul, or otherwise trying to have them killed. We are still trying to piece together the details, but it seems she fears what they might do if she cannot control them. In this case, it seems the Technocracy and the Traditions are, in fact, innocent of the abductions in question. Now, while seeking this renegade Technocrat's aid was a poor decision, your decision to leave Chicago was likely wise... what, precisely, triggered that decision?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Richard walks into the bathroom to to asses the "patient" ( 7 die Result 7 - 8 - 3 - 1 - 10 - 10 - 3)
After he asses the status he will make him "comfortable" by knocking it out with the prepared sedative.. .then tend to its wounds.....so as not to be distracted

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:26 pm

The young Nephandus looked at you then he sigh.
"I...got a phone call from...Martha, she had been missing for months...and she called me out of the blue sounding strange...sluggish."
He said and he seamed to find talking difficult.
"She said...do not let yourself be...sent to Boston, it will be your doom...then she begun to say something more, but someone took...the phone from her and I heard the sound of struggling...I hung up afraid whoever was manhandling my...mentor would trace me through the call, and there was nothing I could do to help her, I am not powerful enough to affect events in another city and I do not know where she called from...anyway when I then was told I would be sent to Boston with a batch of others for back up for Larson's Labyrinth I panicked."
The Nephandus said regretfully.
"Are...you sure the Traditions do not have her?"
He muttered.

(OOC: I just need to ask if the last post for Richard was a mistake or if Richard actually do basically push Colin aside to sedate the prisoner he is currently talking with and who have agreed to cooperate, at least for now. I mean if that is what you want Richard to do that is off course fine by me, but your post do seam to be a copy of the one I replied to a little earlier today so I was thinking you might have copy pasted the wrong thing so I am just writing to see if that is the case or if Richard is going to ignore Colin's request to give the Nephandus a painkiller and just go right ahead and sedate him. Note though that if he sedate him.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next