Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 22 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Colin gave Adley a quick glance, "I'm out of Primium bullets, but I do have one mote of Quintessence left in my system... I do believe I can empower my pistol, if you think that will work..."
He looked down at his leg again, "I'll be fine - a quick bandage to stop the bleeding should suffice. The bleeding, while it might look bad, is pretty much a trickle, and it's not pulsing, and I can stand just fine on the leg. Rather stings a bit, though, I'll admit."
He perked up an ear, "The good doctor says he has an escape route... Right; if I can do nothing useful about the blob-thing, I'll follow and check on Liv... You said to inspect her for tracking spells or similar?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 22 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Friday:

There's always a reason, Lily.

Ah... the meditation room is a good place to start! Thanks. About that, have you got a minute?

Saturday:

Tane accompanied Beatrice until she was asleep and kissed her forehead, placed a prayer on her and rised again. He raised and went outside again to meet Amadeus. How you holding up?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Richard you manage to doge the Nephandus' attack and she do not manage to stab you, you do however hit her as you swing at her, and you think you get in a good hit as well.

Freddy looks at Colin's leg then she nods.
"Then we will take care of it in the garage, at least temporarily until Dr Lee can have a look at you, if we get him out of that apartment safely that is."
She said.
"Yeah I will run a check for any mundane tracking methods, let us not forget that those exist as well, and then you will have to run the check on her for anything magickal."
The Virtual Adept said as she started moving towards the car again.
"Let us hurry I do not like to leave the others but the sooner we get that little girl out of here the better."

(OOC: Ok if I can have a damage roll from Richard please.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:17 pm

Tane:

Friday:

Lily sigh and nods.
"I guess you are right."
She says when you tell here there are a reason.

Darrian looks at Tane then he nods.
"I should be getting back to my experiments but sure I guess I can spare a few minutes."
He said.
"How can I help you young man?"

Saturday:

Beatrice quickly falls asleep, she can talk longer now than a few days ago but she still tired quickly and soon she slept, though it was a fitful sleep where she mewled softly with pain and the terrors of nightmares.

You exit the Node chamber and find Amadeus standing guard outside the old Verbena gave a tired smile.
"Allot better after a few hours of sleep, thank you."
He said then he glanced towards the door to the Node room.
"But I worry for her, my apprentice did not deserve this happening to her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Result
10 - 9 - 6 - 3 - 10 - 8 - 5 - 4 - 6

(OOC.. .off to a party for friends kids will be checking my phone, so slow response )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:14 am

"Richard shouts..."outside... I will buy you the time.. I have an exit" Richard leaps across the room.... placing a solid kick into the midriff of the other nephandus

Adley frowned. "Don't go down!" he said, scowling. This was getting out of hand.

"I will cover you, or do you want me to try to help you banish it?" Adjan asked. "I am better at traveling in the Umbra than dealing with spirits but I have dealt with an Umbrood or two during my life.

"I could use your help Adjan," he said honestly.

Colin gave Adley a quick glance, "I'm out of Primium bullets, but I do have one mote of Quintessence left in my system... I do believe I can empower my pistol, if you think that will work..."

"You might need it later and you'll need time to get out of here with that leg. If you can drill regular bullets into the Nephandi in there and shut their casting up I won't stop you but it looks like we're going to have to deal with this thing now."

He perked up an ear, "The good doctor says he has an escape route... Right; if I can do nothing useful about the blob-thing, I'll follow and check on Liv... You said to inspect her for tracking spells or similar?"

"We blocked off the fire escape from below. Unless this thing ate that too," Adley grumbled. "Yes, if you need to, Freddy and my pater worked out something before or ask for help. And don't forget items she's got like that doll." Then he turned his attention fully back on the thing they needed to get rid of before it chomped down the rest of the rote it was busy with eating.

// sorry I'm busy a bit too over the next couple of days as well!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:33 am

Richard you think you break the Nephandus nose for she gasps and sort of gurgle and blood comes rushing out of her nose, but she is not down, and again she do her best to stab you in the guts probably to get enough breathing space to use her magick and again her blade comes rushing towards you.

"I could use your help Adjan," he said honestly.

Adjan nodded at that.
"Well it worked when we did a ritual together earlier let us hope we can get it to work now as well."
He said.
"How will we be doing this."

We blocked off the fire escape from below. Unless this thing ate that too," Adley grumbled. "Yes, if you need to, Freddy and my pater worked out something before or ask for help. And don't forget items she's got like that doll."

"Oh I am thinking she will be leaving that doll behind, it might not be the most popular decision but it is so easy to put both mundane and magickal trackers into such items, I will buy her a new doll once we get out of here."
Freddy said and frowned.
"And yes do not worry I will check the girl and every one of her possessions as well as I can."

Then he turned his attention fully back on the thing they needed to get rid of before it chomped down the rest of the rote it was busy with eating.

Adjan had fetched his dice out of his pocket and he gave Adley a nod.
"Let us see what we can do about this thing, at least we got our wish that the Aegis went down, careful what you wish for I guess."
He said with a bit of a smile.

(OOC: I will be going out to play MtG with my gaming group today so I might be a bit slow with responses as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:19 am

Friday:

Well, i was presenting Lily with every Tradition. Could you show her a little of yours?

Saturday:

She's getting better. That's all that matters now.
Ok then, i talked to Cita and now i got an idea. Maybe we could bring down some beds, sheets and an electric heater to make a sick bay down here. We're going to be bound to have more people injured and right now we got 4 people in a long term treatment. Also, Cita and you won't get parted with Beatrice but you need to sleep and keep an eye on them, so maybe a few extra beds so you can always sleep and be here with them would be a great improvement. What you think? I can bring a spirit to guard the door and maybe Jeffry could divert one or two imps to keep an eye around... Would simplify things up. Also the place's safe so this might be best place. What do you think?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:53 am

Friday:

Darrian nods though he looks a little hesitant.
"Well yes certainly, however the Solificati only recently joined the Order of Hermes as a House so it depends on whatever you mean you want me to tall her about the Solificati or the Order of Hermes for I might not be the best qualified for the latter.

Saturday:

"She is getting better but I fear how traumatized she is. Master Telar say it can be months or years before she is completely well again, I am not sure she can survive that long in this condition."
The old Verbena said in a concerned tone of voice.
"Hum...I would rather thing some of the unused space in the attic would be better for an infirmary than down here in the basement."
Amadeus said sounding skeptical of the idea.
"All we have here are the Node, Tass storage and ritual rooms and we need them to have the function they where intended to. Having an infirmary is a good idea but not down here."
He said.
"The reason why my apprentice and the Mercere was taken down here is that we needed a secure place, that do not mean this is a good place for a permanent infirmary, the only place there is room for beds down here would be the ritual chambers and we need those for magickal works, the Node room is not large enough for several beds and besides it have a dirt floor not exactly the best for an infirmary, also well it is our Node, it is meant to be a place to meditate and reinvigorate ourselves."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 am

Friday:

Oh, i want her to know about every magick tradition and then she can choose to go more deeply into any of them. the important part os that you get to tell her the core fo the tradition... on it's own terms.

Saturday:

Get the strength back is just what they need. We could take an storage room fr this or something like that... I'll talk to master Narim to see what we can do.

Another thing i wanted to talk you about... Beatrice told me she's been deaming of 6 masters, having nightmares about one of them touching her avatar and she asked if i could make sure they're not doing anything to her. WOuld you happen to know their names?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:48 am

Friday:

"Hum...so you are looking for a mentor for the young lady then?"
Darrian asked.
"Well I guess I could tell her about the Solificati, though joining this House is no dance on roses, many still blame us all for Heylel Teomim's actions and many look to us with suspicion."
He said.
"However if you still want me to tell her about my Tradition I will do so."

Saturday:

"Well there is only one storage room down here in this section of the basement and it is needed to store Tass and magickal items...but we might be able to create a new room...dig it out of the bedrock, I still think using some of the free space in the attic is a easier solution for an infirmary though."
Amadeus said and nodded.

The old Verbena got a concerned look in his eyes.
"I doubt that any of the Enforcers would be harming Beatrice now from a distance, what they did, they did on legal grounds...however I can do a banishing on her to wipe away any influences, just to be safe."
He muttered.
"I do not know the names of those blasted Hermetics, Jeffry should know though. However what I do know is that yesterday two of them was kidnapped by the Nephandi, the Chief managed to rescue one of the kidnapped Masters but one of them are still unaccounted for...we suspect the Nephandi plan to sacrifice him."
The old mage said in a serious tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:57 am

Colin nodded, "Alright - I'll trust you two to find a way to deal with the thing, and see how you can get Dr. Lee out intact. I'd really wish he'd said anything before going in, though; we could have planned around that instead... No matter; it'll be in the report later. I'll go see to miss Bergen. And my leg."
He ran for the stairs, slightly slower than he would normally, a slight but obvious limp to the left leg, but steady and swift as he pocketed the spare clip and adjusted his monocle on the way down the stairs, mumbling out his scanning incantation.

((OOC: Okay, the good doctor is doing bad things to the Nephandi inside, I lost track of how many ghouls are still alive, and Colin's rushing down the stairs after the cyborg and the ladies. Do I need to roll for the simple scan, or is it just going to work fine? Wink ))

((OOC2: Oh, yeah, crap, I forgot... Any paradox for the drain-and-shield?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Richard now grabs the hand of the Nephandus ... by the wrist.... using his position and strength  to force the knife into the nephandus "Struggle all you will....your time has come"

(Str And DO 1 - 6 - 7 - 6 - 7 - 7 - 9 - 3 - 8 )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Richard:

You manage to grab the Fallen woman, while she is nimble and fit and quite strong for a woman she can not contend with your strength and you manage to grab her by her wrists and drive her own knife into her guts, the dark skinned woman cries out and she weakens considerably but she is still struggling against your grip, giving you a hateful look.
"Go to hell Traditionalist!"
She hisses.

Colin:

"We can all have a talk about following plans later, for now though let us try to avoid that a Nephandus' pet spirit get loose on Chicago."
Adjan said.
"And be careful Mr Wainwright, we do not know if the blasted Fallen managed to call for help."

You do see a few bits on magic on your way down the stairs, but nothing major probably there where spirits around there are no concrete rotes. Now that you have a moment to breathe you feel the slight tinkling of Paradox that had seeped into you while you worked with your shield but it was not much. Before long you reach the parking level, whatever you go all the way by stairs or take the elevator and you find Francesca, Freddy and the cyborg taking care of the little girl, or rather right now Freddy was keeping watch, the cyborg was trying to calm the frightened child mage and Francesca was hosing the blood and brains of the vampire thrall off her body with a hose meant to wash cars with, it was probably a cold bath but it would not do to be stopped by the police covered in blood and other things. Freddy looks up and smiles to Colin.
"Ah good, now if you could keep and eye out and I will scan Liv and then Fran can tend to your leg once she is done getting the ehm...chunky bits off..."
She muttered
"I am so glad I am not a Verbena I would not be able to deal with all the blood."

(OOC 1: There are as far as you know one badly wounded ghoul still alive inside the apartment, the one Francesca shot. No you do not need to roll.)

(OOC 2: It is a standard vulgar without witness so one pint of Paradox thank you for reminding me.)

(OOC: Well then it is time to go and see if my zombies and angels can kill my friend's gods. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Richard picks her up.. .and tosses her into the beast in the doorway

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:40 pm

You pick up the Nephandus and toss her into the shadowy creature at the doorway. At first nothing happens the woman falls halfway through the creature as it is only partly physical and she grunts loudly as she hits the floor, blood pouring out of her and pooling on the floor, then the creature seamed to notice the Nephandus and it stabs a tentacle into her and the woman screams, exactly what the shadow blob do to the Nephandus is not clear but whatever it is it is clearly painful and the woman unsuccessfully tries to crawl away.

Adley and Adjan will also notice a pretty dark skinned girl be tossed out of the apartment and then start screaming as the monstrosity dig it's tentacles into her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Colin nodded, "See you downstairs, then."

When he got into the garage, he nodded to Freddy, "I've got my scanning rote active; I'll have a look at the girl, too..."
He looked at Francesca with an apologetic expression, "Ah, sorry about that mess... Nothing hazardous in his, er, viscera, I hope?"
Pressing his palm lightly against his stomach, he grimaced, "Ugh, more Paradox, too... I need to rest and center myself, I think..."

((OOC: That hallway, though? I've seen enough hentai etc... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:52 pm

While the creature is busy, I pick up the other nephandus and try to sneak past

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:40 pm

"Well it worked when we did a ritual together earlier let us hope we can get it to work now as well." He said. "How will we be doing this."

"You're rated higher in Spirit ars than I am so if you think I should try to follow you I will, technically fully banishing spirits is a bit out of reach, no luxury here for more help though...as I said I know how my pater has done it," he said, briefly explaining how the words and gestures worked, essentially based on a sheer act of will to drive it back where it belonged. Of course, his pater had utterly ripped the damn Outsider apart in the end and had taken an appendage off of that awful Paradox spirit. But he was not a Master and this was going to be hard enough already.

"Oh I am thinking she will be leaving that doll behind, it might not be the most popular decision but it is so easy to put both mundane and magickal trackers into such items, I will buy her a new doll once we get out of here." Freddy said and frowned. "And yes do not worry I will check the girl and every one of her possessions as well as I can."
Colin nodded, "Alright - I'll trust you two to find a way to deal with the thing, and see how you can get Dr. Lee out intact. I'd really wish he'd said anything before going in, though; we could have planned around that instead... No matter; it'll be in the report later. I'll go see to miss Bergen. And my leg."

"Good luck," was all he said as they departed.

"Let us see what we can do about this thing, at least we got our wish that the Aegis went down, careful what you wish for I guess."
He said with a bit of a smile.

"I've learned that one already," he said with a frown. "Let's do it."

He had lifted his knife in front of him and suddenly a Nephandus came flying towards them, landing in front of the spirit. It stabbed a tentacle right through her and Adley heard her curdling scream. He grit his teeth with a muttered swear and stood ground but it didn't look like the one that called for it was sending it back for hurting their friend. Or maybe they were dead and this thing was rampant now. "Adjan, on second thought one of us need to keep those fucking tentacles off while the other works."

// Well, since you're using 2nd Ed, it should be technically /possible/ for Adley to try to banish I think (please check for me and let me know) but I figure it's pretty damn hard and he's never done it before. Or maybe he is reaching a bit because there's really no choice. Flambeau learning curve.

Also, Deadpool was amazing. So amazing. <3

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:45 pm

(OOC Jealousy about Deadpool)

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Colin nodded, "See you downstairs, then."

Adjan nods to you as you leave Nicolai's floor.

When he got into the garage, he nodded to Freddy, "I've got my scanning rote active; I'll have a look at the girl, too..."

Freddy nodded.
"Very well if you check her magickally I will take care of a mundane scan."
She said and tapped at her phone.

You look at the girl and do not see anything more magickal about her but the more glowing, vibrant presence about her that you would expect from a mage.
"Hum...there is a sender or something of the sort on her, I am picking up it's signals, we need to find it."
Freddy said as she fiddled with her phone.
"Do you see anything Colin?"

He looked at Francesca with an apologetic expression, "Ah, sorry about that mess... Nothing hazardous in his, er, viscera, I hope?"
Pressing his palm lightly against his stomach, he grimaced, "Ugh, more Paradox, too... I need to rest and center myself, I think..."

"Ah do not worry, better blood and brains than a bullet, you saved my life."
Francesca said and smiles.
"Thank you, and no I do not think so, his blood is...more magickal than normal sleeper blood but I have no cuts on my body and did not get any of it in my mouth or eyes so I should be fine, I will ask Adjan to do a banishing on me when we get the chance though, just to be sure."
The the Euthanatos glanced at Colin's wounded leg.
"Do you want me to try to heal that, I can not help with your Paradox but your leg though I might be able to fix, though I am not a skilled healer so I might just end up leaving you with a scar."

Richard you pick up the older Nephandus she is completely limp and hang from your arms like a broken doll, the shadow creature do not react as you sneak past it the monstrosity is far to busy with your prisoner's screaming friend and whatever it was draining with the tentacle stabbed through her midriff, probably Quintessence. You make it out of the apartment safely.

"You're rated higher in Spirit ars than I am so if you think I should try to follow you I will, technically fully banishing spirits is a bit out of reach, no luxury here for more help though...as I said I know how my pater has done it," he said, briefly explaining how the words and gestures worked, essentially based on a sheer act of will to drive it back where it belonged. Of course, his pater had utterly ripped the damn Outsider apart in the end and had taken an appendage off of that awful Paradox spirit. But he was not a Master and this was going to be hard enough already.

Adjan nodded and glanced at the Hermetic.
"Well that makes little sense to me...the only Hermetic ritual I really have any grip on are the Lesser banishing Ritual of the Hexagram, since it deals with God archetypes, the underworld and fate...I have not done it but I understand it...could we perhaps use that? Either than or we can go medieval on the thing, open a portal into the Umbra and push it through, if I lead the ritual and you just lend me your strength I should be able to do it depending on how powerful that blasted thing is."
The Euthanatos said and scratched his head.

"I've learned that one already," he said with a frown. "Let's do it."

Adjan nodded and drew a deep breath to ready himself for working magick.

He had lifted his knife in front of him and suddenly a Nephandus came flying towards them, landing in front of the spirit. It stabbed a tentacle right through her and Adley heard her curdling scream. He grit his teeth with a muttered swear and stood ground but it didn't look like the one that called for it was sending it back for hurting their friend. Or maybe they were dead and this thing was rampant now. "Adjan, on second thought one of us need to keep those fucking tentacles off while the other works."

"I can not destroy Ephemera so I can not do real damage to the thing, but I can drive it back...if we first try with you attempting a banishing and then we work together if one of us can not do it."
The Euthanatos said he gave the Nephandus a almost compassionate look.
"Well we have no time to loose."

(OOC: Yes by 2 ed rules Spirit 2 can banish a spirit but not harm it, but it will not be easy because of your 2 dice in Arete.)

(OOC 2: Well Warp the spirit have a tentacle through the Nephandus's guts not up her well...however I guess it could do that as well. :O)

(OOC 3: Sorry about the crappy post, eight hours straight of MTG have turned my brain to mush but I guessed better a crappy post than no post so good night everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:25 pm

Runs After the group... .making sure the Nephandus is unconscious....... .and catching up to Colin....... to check on him

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Colin shook his head to Freddy, "She looks clean to me... Just the healthy glow of an Avatar."
He looked down at Liv, "Hello, Miss Bergen... We've come to rescue you. Your father is with us, back in Boston. You will be fine now... But did the people upstairs give you a token or anything like that, and tell you not to lose it?"
He glanced back at Francesca, "I'd appreciate that - and give my leg a go with the hose afterwards; they're already ruined anyway, and I'd rather leave watery marks than blood stains in the car."
He looked up at the cyborg, "And I hope you are comparatively unscathed, as well, Mr. Kimble?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:22 am

Richard the Nephandus is unconscious now, but her breath is even and strong, she is bleeding from her nose though and one side of her face is turning blackish blue with a nasty bruise, how hurt she is and how likely it is she will just wake up is hard to tell without examining her properly though. You manage to get to the parking lot, though you have to move through floors that are fully occupied so only blind luck ensures that you where not seen hauling a bruised and beaten woman towards the parking garage.

Freddy nods and give a little smile.
"That is good to know."

Liv looked up at Colin, she looked a bit like her father with her blue eyes and light brown hair, her hair was chin length with betty bangs and she wore a knee length denim dress, white stocking, black shoes and a white blouse, the child was crying and holding on to her now slightly cracked doll.
"Hello..."
She told the Orphan but she did not seam to understand your words very well.
"My...dad sent you?"
She asked as father she understood, the girl had grown up in Norway and then been given to a Hermetic teacher there was a greater chance she spoke Latin than English.

Francesca nodded she finished hosting off and then knelt down on the pavement to have a look at your leg but as she noticed Richard coming down towards you she moved so he could have a look at Colin's wounds instead.
"That was incredibly risking bringing a prisoner down, what if you had been seen when moving through the occupied floors Dr Lee?"
She asked nodding towards the unconscious Nephandus the healer was carrying.
"After all it is about five in the evening, even staying here in the open in the parking lot is not safe!"

Kimble glances as Colin, there were a large piece of synthetic skin missing at his sides and exposed metal ribs.
"I took six bullets at point blank range Mr Steed what exactly do you think that I am? No I am not unscathed but I will live."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 am

Richard looks at Francesca" heat of the moment decision, was going to leave her.. .but decided may be of better use as a source of information, tho this is NOT the time for discussion and critique ,as you say...." we are exposed"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next