Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 23 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:11 am

Francesca sigh and nods.
"I am not sure we have the resources to deal with a prisoner for now, and often the Nephandi are not the most forthcoming when it comes to interrogation but I guess that means one less Fallen Avatar for the cycle. Make sure she is completely out and put her in the trunk, it is not ideal but when you first have dragged her here we have to deal with her."
The Euthanatos said.
"Mr ehm...Steed here is wounded once you have placed our new prisoner in the trust please tend to him if you would."
Francesca said and indicated Colin to show who she was talking about.
"How are the two others doing upstairs?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 23 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:38 am

Richard takes the knock out syringe and injects the solution into the unconscious form.... he then tends to "MR Steed"
with a breath and a whisper.. .places his hand on the area of the wound and reworks the pattern, (7 - 10 - 8 ) to fix the wound.
After he does so... he reaches into his pocket and hands him a pouch with a couple of gel tablets.. ." this will relieve the pain... its
strawberry flavor Smile "

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:02 am

"I can not destroy Ephemera so I can not do real damage to the thing, but I can drive it back...if we first try with you attempting a banishing and then we work together if one of us can not do it."

"Very well," he said. No time for anything else, they would have to rely on what they could use between them. He turned to face the main 'body' of the thing, for lack of a better term, squaring himself off and drawing on his inner strength. He brought the knife up again, both arms raised and drew the Quintessence from the tass. Then he brandished the weapon again, cutting signs into the air for banishing it. Speaking loudly and clearly, he directing all his will and concentration to ejecting the Spirit, imagining that his voice touched everywhere firmly with the stamp of his Will."I banish this foul creature of darkness before me back to whence it came!" He took a breath and then began a litany of Powers, trying to keep the archetypes those that Adjan would recognize firmly in mind. "In the Names and Power within me..."

// 1 WP (;_; leaving him with 1 left) and the 1 Quint from tass.
Arete rolls for S2: 3,2 (+1 WP success), 9,9 - 3,3 (I figure he will get at least a bit of this off before it attacks him or something happens but feel free to use as many rounds as I rolled for that's sensible I just didn't want a huge gap on turn if I was afk)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:51 am

Friday:

Something like that, yes.

If you think you can tell her about the hermetics, please, go ahead.

Saturday:

I'll see if i can ask Narim what can be done.

I see... Maybe he knows of her and plans to do something terrible to her using this fuckers... I don't know. What could we do to be sure?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:09 am

Colin gave Liv a sad smile, and switched to Latin, "Do you perhaps understand Latin better? We came to rescue you and bring you back to our Chantry, where your father is. He... did not react well to your kidnapping, I'm afraid, so we had to restrain him. Now, this is important, did the bad people upstairs give you anything? A coin, perhaps, or something else they told you to never lose?"

He looked at the cyborg's ribs, "Oh, dear, I didn't see that happen. I'm sorry. Er, I hope at least you'll be able to recover from... bugger, do you have a spare jacket or sweater? We can hardly let you off at a bus stop with that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Richard and Colin:

Richard what exactly is the knock out syringe, I just need to know since most thing that will knock a person out completely will not be to healthy to someone with head injuries.

Colin as Richard works on you the thorn flesh on your leg reknit, the wound closes and leaves only fresh pink skin behind, it is perfectly healed and only slightly tender to the touch, you feel slight pain as the broken skin and tissue repair itself under Richard's care but once he is done you are again in perfect health.

Richard you feel reality tighten around you as Paradox seep into you for your vulgar magick, though it is not to bad since you are not witnessed by any sleepers.

Liv looks at Colin and nods, she replies in a accented but perfectly fluent Latin.
"Yes I understand, my Master speaks Latin to me for the most part Sir."
She said, her sentence structure a bit off but her words was still perfectly understandable.
"Is my father alright?"
The little girl asked and sounded worried then she looked down at her cracked doll.
"The boy that looks my age but speaks like an adult gave me this doll."
She said and lifted a hand to wipe her tears.

Kimble glanced up at Colin.
"I need to take out my ribs and straighten them as they are dented and then regrow the synth skin, as for a spare sweater no but my jacket hide my side pretty well if I close it and I should be able to steal a shift pretty soon, I should be fine."

Adley:

You begin working on banishing the spirit Adjan assisting as good as he can, you can hear the soft scraping sound of his dice as they are rolled in his hand, the Euthanatos say nothing but he focus on the Archetypes and you feel his magick joining yours strengthening your magick with his own though he also stand ready to leave the rest of the banishing to you and fight the thing off when it attacks...only that the black mass of shadows...completely ignore you, it is busy doing whatever it is doing to the screaming Nephandi woman and it neither vanish back into the Umbra or attack, it just continue what it is doing completely oblivious to what you and Adley is doing.

Tane:

Friday:

"About the Order of Hermes well I can give a short description but I do not have the time to go through each house."
Darrian said.
"The Order of Hermes are ritual magicians that base their Paradigm on the Greek/Egyptian Hermetic Tradition, it is a bit difficult to go though all of the details of Hermetisism as that is a discussion that will take hours and I have a few minutes...perhaps the young lady might be better served by an apprentice level book on Hermetic theory and practice?"
The alchemist suggested.

Saturday:

"I doubt that Beatrice is the target...it is more likely she sense this Hermetic in some ways..."
Amadeus said and sigh.
"Well a banishing can be done to try to break any contact between them but before that trying to trace that contact can give us an indication as to where the missing Master of the Art might be located, and if the Nephandi have him, even if he can rot for all I care, I do not want the Nephandi to get any of their goals fulfilled."
The old Verbena said.
"It is worth a try to see if my apprentice have a link to this person and if so, if we can learn something from it."

(OOC: Richard you get one point of Paradox.)
(OOC 2: Sorry for my late reply I have been very busy this morning.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Adley focused as hard as he could to shape the Words, trying to get the thing to dislodge itself, go back to where it came from but nothing he did seemed to be working. It was as if he was sitting at the kids table again. At least it had not attacked them, except then it would have at least been an indicator that he was having some kind of effect.  Sweat was washing over his face and he could feel his arms shaking, not just with physical exertion but he was giving everything he got and even with Adjan's assistance, much to his own frustration, nothing continued to happen. He punctuated the end of the ritual with a stab of the knife and the words, "I banish you from this plane, by my Will begone!"

// S2: - 7,5 - last try, to close out the ritual. *If it looks like it's completely ineffective,time for Plan B, below since I will be afk for a bit:

*Breathing heavily, his hands dropped to his sides. If he looked tired before..."It's not heeding...me. Us." He didn't want Adjan to be the next thing it munched on. Or himself, for that matter..."If we can't get rid of it, we have to get out of here before it's done with her, tries to follow us...or backup gets here," he panted.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Adjan looked tired as well as the two of you close down the ritual, it having had no effect, the creature was busy consuming every scrap of Quintessence out of the Nephandus' body, she had stopped screaming now and just laid there, the very basis of life being drained out of her slender from, her breaths becoming more and more uneven, weaker and weaker.
"Yeah we do not seam to have any effect on it, we are going to have to call on help from Morningstar, we can not just leave this thing here, who knows what it will do to the residents in the building though Paradox is likely to eventually drive it back into the Umbra."
Adjan said and sigh.
"But we are not really helping by letting ourselves get consumed, let us get Liv to safety and then call our allies here in Chicago, this is above our pay grade."
The Euthanatos said then he sigh.
"Why the hell do the Nephandi always need to make such a nuisance of themselves."
He muttered.
"I guess we should just be happy that the Fallen's plan backfired and they did not manage to use this thing against us before we got the girl out, thank the Gods for small favors."
The Euthanatos said and started to head to the stairs.
"Do you have the number to our contact at Chantry Morningstar?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:34 pm

He frowned, not liking leaving it there to possibly find some new target after it was done with the Nephandi...it was disturbing enough that it had attacked their own. But there wasn't anything else to do there besides be the next snackrifice, so he took one more assessment of the area before he hurried to leave with Adjan, answering him as he went along. "I have the aide's number but yes, we should clear out of here first," he agreed. He was wary for anyone that might be coming their way such as an ambush team or a clean up crew.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Colin nodded to Richard, "Thank you, doctor."

He looked blankly at Liv, "Your father is alive and well, but we had to restrain him when we learned you were taken. I expect you will get to see him soon, though; for now you have to throw that doll away. I think the bad boy can track it... Or maybe his friends can."

Looking up at Freddy, he switched back to English, "Does it seem as though it could be the doll?"

((OOC: Sorry, today was Pathfinder day; assorted shenanigans happened, and the monk barkeep employed a kobold barmaid.))

((OOC2: Snackrifice. I love it. :3 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:13 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Richard and Colin:

Richard what exactly is the knock out syringe, I just need to know since most thing that will knock a person out completely will not be to healthy to someone with head injuries.
( a muscled relaxant)
Colin as Richard works on you the thorn flesh on your leg reknit, the wound closes and leaves only fresh pink skin behind, it is perfectly healed and only slightly tender to the touch, you feel slight pain as the broken skin and tissue repair itself under Richard's care but once he is done you are again in perfect health.

Richard you feel reality tighten around you as Paradox seep into you for your vulgar magick, though it is not to bad since you are not witnessed by any sleepers.

Liv looks at Colin and nods, she replies in a accented but perfectly fluent Latin.
"Yes I understand, my Master speaks Latin to me for the most part Sir."
She said, her sentence structure a bit off but her words was still perfectly understandable.
"Is my father alright?"
The little girl asked and sounded worried then she looked down at her cracked doll.
"The boy that looks my age but speaks like an adult gave me this doll."
She said and lifted a hand to wipe her tears.

Kimble glanced up at Colin.
"I need to take out my ribs and straighten them as they are dented and then regrow the synth skin, as for a spare sweater no but my jacket hide my side pretty well if I close it and I should be able to steal a shift pretty soon, I should be fine."

Adley:

You begin working on banishing the spirit Adjan assisting as good as he can, you can hear the soft scraping sound of his dice as they are rolled in his hand, the Euthanatos say nothing but he focus on the Archetypes and you feel his magick joining yours strengthening your magick with his own though he also stand ready to leave the rest of the banishing to you and fight the thing off when it attacks...only that the black mass of shadows...completely ignore you, it is busy doing whatever it is doing to the screaming Nephandi woman and it neither vanish back into the Umbra or attack, it just continue what it is doing completely oblivious to what you and Adley is doing.

Tane:

Friday:

"About the Order of Hermes well I can give a short description but I do not have the time to go through each house."
Darrian said.
"The Order of Hermes are ritual magicians that base their Paradigm on the Greek/Egyptian Hermetic Tradition, it is a bit difficult to go though all of the details of Hermetisism as that is a discussion that will take hours and I have a few minutes...perhaps the young lady might be better served by an apprentice level book on Hermetic theory and practice?"
The alchemist suggested.

Saturday:

"I doubt that Beatrice is the target...it is more likely she sense this Hermetic in some ways..."
Amadeus said and sigh.
"Well a banishing can be done to try to break any contact between them but before that trying to trace that contact can give us an indication as to where the missing Master of the Art might be located, and if the Nephandi have him, even if he can rot for all I care, I do not want the Nephandi to get any of their goals fulfilled."
The old Verbena said.
"It is worth a try to see if my apprentice have a link to this person and if so, if we can learn something from it."

(OOC: Richard you get one point of Paradox.)

(OOC2... oh ahhhhhhh.. the vogonity Smile ( what will happened to me?) )
(OOC 2: Sorry for my late reply I have been very busy this morning.)

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:15 am

(OOC hope it would have been sated on the baddie Sad )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:58 am

Adley:

You and Adjan hurry out of the corridor as the shadowy creature continue to snack on the dying Nephandus.
"I agree let us get out of here and then call the Deaconess' assistant and explain the situation and ask for help but this is not a safe place to stay."
The Euthanatos said.

The two of you run, whatever you take the elevator or the stairs you make it to the parking lot, you do not encounter allot of the residents of the apartment building, if you take the stairs you will see a few but none of them seam to realize anything is amiss. Getting to the parking garage you find your group they are wet, bloody and in the process of fixing one another up enough to get out of there safely. Liv Bergen stood among the the group talking with Colin in Latin, it did make sense she had gone from living in Norway to being trained by an old Hermetic she was probably better at it than English, for now your group seam fine but there was a great chance that the Nephandi might have called for help or the Union discovered that something was going on, and if someone came to investigate the gaggle of mages might not stay fine for long.

Colin and Richard:

"Is my father in trouble again? He can be rather rude and piss people off all the time."
Live said sounding concerned then she nodded and handed you the cracked doll.
"Okey."
She just said, sounding sad.

Freddy looked at her phone and tapped at it a few times then she shook her head.
"No I do not think it is the doll love, if I had to guess she would have been micro chipped, that can be done with her hardly noticing, just give her a bit of sleeping drug and do it while she is out, all she would know then is that she would have a small parth of skin that was a bit sore or itched, it is what I would do if I had to keep track of someone."
The Virtual Adept said.

(OOC: I am not sure I get your question Ashan, what happens with Richard is that he manage to heal Colin's wound perfectly, however as it is vulgar without witness he get one point of Paradox, something mages feel often as a restrictive of sinking feeling, tingeling, a stab of pain or some other such sensation. Nothing happens to Richard at the moment though, he get the point of Paradox to be noted on his sheet, eventually as it builds up there will be a backlash but not now. I also asked about what was used on the Nephandus since she took enough bashing damage right to the head to bring her down to two health levels so a strong sedative might not be healthy for her if the plan was to take her in alive. Yes you do inject the Nephandus with the muscle relaxant so she will not be moving anytime soon, however be aware that a muscle relaxant do not cause unconsciousness so if the Nephandus wakes up and either have some foci she can use without movement or are able to use magick without her focus she might still be dangerous. Was there anything else you where wondering about and sorry if I did not express things clearly though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:17 am

(ooc I was off an a mind trip earlier.... .paradox question explained... .muscle relaxant was for our cyborg if he proved too tough..... will keep an eye on her..... to see if she wakes up........ you were fine... I was running 4/5 things at once.. .and was being OTT ( over the top) in my ... reactions

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:25 am

By the time he got to the basement car park again, he was vexed to find everyone else was still there waiting for them. But rather than comment on it, he took it all in as he hurried towards their cars with Adjan. As he got close to Colin and the others, he said succinctly, "We need to get out of here, now. We couldn't get rid of the spirit, need to call in backup and there could be Nephandi, vampire friends, and Technocrats on the way. What's the status of things? Did you check for any tracking while we were busy or do we still need to fashion a pit stop?"

// did they put the Nephandi prisoner in the trunk yet?
// Happy birthday Anja!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:19 am

"Colin say there are no magickal tracking but there are a mundane one."
Freddy said as Adley got into the parking lot.
"I believe it might be some sort of microchip."
She continued.
"Pit stop it is then."

You see that Richard is keeping an eye on a Nephandi prisoner, a woman with an extra mouth on her neck and discolorations and strange patterns up her arms, the woman have a bullet wound in one arm and she is unconscious.

"We should get going then."
Francesca said and headed for one of the cars. Adjan nodded and got in as well with Freddy getting into the same car she got there in.

(OOC 1: Well if Richard is keeping an eye on the Nephandus then no I would not think they have, at least they can not have closed the lid.)

(OOC 2: No problem Ashan so Richard is just watching to see if the prisoner is waking up then?"

(OOC 3: Thank you Very Happy)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:47 am

(OOc... yes.. .well.. .stemming blood loss.. .be a waste to have her die on the journey)

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:03 am

(OOC: Her head wound is far more serious than the gunshot wound to her arm, but yes treating her injuries would make it more likely she would survive yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:44 am

OOC--- Happy Birthday Anja )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:46 am

medicine roll.. to stabilize 2 - 2 - 1 - 8 - 9 - 9 - 8

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:41 am

Colin looked up at the cyborg, "Sir, can you see where the tracking device is embedded?"
He nodded to Adley, "I just need a quick moment to hose off my leg. Fran?"
He hopped over to Francesca and helped himself to the hose, giving his blood-soaked trousers a quick rinse, never mind the indignity.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:04 am

Richard you bind a tourniquet around the Nephnadus' wounded arm to stop the bleeding, for her head she will need a healer or a hospital but her breath is strong and even so at least for now she is stable, you also can see that doing anything more, like stitching up her wounds or checking on her head will take longer than you probably have right now.

Colin Francesca give you the hose and nods.
"Yes, yes off course."
She says. You manage to get the majority of the blood of your trousers, though it is a rather cold pleasure and you are now soaking wet from the waist down.

Kimble smiles nods he looks at Liv and his eyes flash red.
"There is a tracker on her back, directly under the skin, it is near the right shoulder."
He said.
"It will need to be cut out."
He added a bit lower so the little girl would not hear him.

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:38 am

Colin glanced at Richard, "Doctor, do you think you can do that here, safely? If we could dispose of that tracker here, that might be preferable to bringing it anywhere for later removal."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:48 am

"It might take a bit of time to talk the kid into it though, time we do not have, we could cut the tracker out of her by force but then we loose any trust she might have for us, which mean we will be wrestling with a child mage all the way home."
Francesca whispered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:13 am

Colin nodded to Francesca and turned to Liv, with the kindest and sincerest look in his eyes he was able to muster, "Lady Bergen, we have a bit of a problem. Someone has placed a tiny machine under your skin, and we will have to remove it somehow, since it is telling bad people where you are. It is somewhere behind your right shoulder. Now, he", Colin pointed at Richard, "is an excellent healer, both magical and mundane, while she", he pointed at Freddy, "is magnificent with machines. It might hurt a little - for which I am sorry - but if we don't get it out before we leave this city, we will put you and countless other people at risk. We don't have to remove it here, though; we should probably go somewhere else for that - but do you trust us to get rid of the little machine?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next