Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 24 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:25 am

Liv looked up at Colin she still had tears in her eyes and she reached behind her to touch her right shoulder blade then she nodded.
"Ok...I do not want anyone to get hurt..."
She muttered the child was not happy but she accepted that getting rid of the tracker had to be done.
"If I did not agree my Master would not be pleased...I am going to become a member of House Janissary."
The girl said trying to be brave.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 24 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:45 am

Colin smiled at her, "Thank you... You'll bring honour to your House, I am certain."
He looked up at Freddy and Richard, "She consents to having the tracker removed... Can you locate it with pinpoint accuracy and remove it with as little pain, if any, as possible? Just teleporting it out might be a bit difficult, I believe?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:55 am

Liv gave Colin a weak smile.
"I hope so..."
She muttered.

Freddy looks down at her phone.
"I can find it yes and show Dr Lee exactly where it is, probably one can feel it under one's fingertips as well just like with a micro chipped cat, telporting it out though is difficult, not impossible but difficult, think of it a bit like the gates in Stargate yes, once something is a part of a body or anything else really then that is one unit, telporting away a part of a unit is complicated, it is likely to be more comfortable and far safer if Dr Lee have some local anesthetic and cut it out, I mean it is as big as a grain of rice if it is the same type used in cats, it should not be hard or very uncomfortable to remove."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled to the little girl who only caught a few of her words.
"Cat?"
Liv asked sounding confused, that word she got.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:15 pm

Colin gave Liv a wry smile, "Many people have a small machine placed in their pets, to find and identify them should they get lost. Cats and dogs, mostly; pet birds often get a little ring around a leg. The machine is likely the size of a grain."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:32 pm

"Oh I see."
The little girl said and nodded.
"And those..."
She stopped she had probably been told not to swear.
"Those stupid people put one in me, I really do not like them!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Colin nodded, "Those bad people put one in you. I guess that shows what they thought of you, does it not?"

((OOC: Best wait for Ashah now, huh? Oh, and again, happy birthday!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Richard says " yes I can but , I will risk magic for the little one.... first... .there will be an entry wound.. .want to safely open it with life and prime.. .using entropy for luck... to get to the "foreign object" in her normal pattern out of her body with minimum intrusion and blood loss

( ooc spending 4 dots of quintessence 1 wp and now the dice roll . . . . 10 - 7 - 8 ( woot.. I think) , anything else will have to be later as on way to work ( sorry) )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Colin the little girl look at you and nods.
"They where Nephandi, they hate everything."
She muttered.
"But the boy that looked to be my age...he did not seam evil, he just seamed very, very sad."
She said and seamed sad herself at the thought of it.
"I do not want him to be sad, but the scroll that lives inside of me told me he was dangerous."

Richard you manage to perform your magick perfectly. Pushing the little girls dress aside you can feel the small lump under her skin, it feels just like a bit hard zit, and is not larger either. Liv drew a sharp breath and seamed nervous, quickly she grabbed Colin's hand when Richard start working but then she relaxed when she realized that it did not hurt, the healer's magick prevented there from being any pain as he opened a few millimeter wide cut and then made her own flesh push out a small metal pellet, just like one would use on a cat was pushed out. There is not allot of blood since this just just under the skin, just a few droplets and you then manage to close the small cut up again leaving no visible mark, probably there would not even be any soreness.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Colin nodded and let Liv squeeze as much as she needed, then when the tracker was out, he looked up at Freddy, "Does that seem to have been it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:51 pm

The little girl's grip was firm but she was reasonably calm but off course it was getting to be allot for a ten year old, the gas, the battle, now having to deal with the tracker not to mention weeks of captivity and she was just barely managing not to cry.

Freddy looked at the small chip and tapped at her phone then she nodded.
"Yes that is it, we can go safely now."
She stated.
"The girl is clean."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Colin nodded and led Liv by the hand over to the car, "Alright, people - mount up; we're getting out of here, quick. Mr. Kimble, any preference as to where we should drop you off?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Kimble glanced at Colin.
"Anywhere near a bus stop would be fine."
He said and shrugged before getting into the Kia.
"What do we do about the Nephandus?"
Asked Francesca and looked at the woman that Richard had been treating.
"If she suddenly wakes up and start causing problems when well, that would be unfortunate, and is not that the bitch that summoned the thing that apparently our Hermetic over there could not banish?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:19 pm

Richard reassures the girl.. after the treatment he offers he . Small bag of candy from his emergency pack (glucose tabs)

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:41 pm

"Colin say there are no magickal tracking but there are a mundane one." Freddy said as Adley got into the parking lot. "I believe it might be some sort of microchip." She continued. "Pit stop it is then.

He started to turn back to the car, but then it seemed that they were going to remove the chip before they left and he looked back at the activity at the car. "We need to get out of here in a hurry, that thing is still here, and might sense magick," he repeated.

Then Adley saw they'd gotten a prisoner somehow and gave a severe scowl. He wondered if this was the one that summoned the damn spirit and went to have a look to see how she was being restrained and to check her for weapons, tools, phones and other things. While the others worked on the girl, he made sure she was bound appropriately so she couldn't move with fingers unusable and unable to talk if she suddenly woke up.

When he got to the car he got out the aide's number and gave it to Adjan. "As soon as we get out of the immediate vicinity, call it in. Or you can drive and I will, I just don't want to be pulled over for something stupid like driving while on my phone."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Liv give Richard a bit of a smile and take one of the pieces of candy.
"Thank you Sir."
She says in broken English.

Francesca nodded and got into the back seat of one of the cars.
"I agree we need to get out of here, however I wonder what we should do about the Nephandus, do any of us have the ability to restrain her magick?"
She asked. Freddy got into the car as well and shook her head.
"Don't look at me."
She said.
"I do not have the power to do that."

The Nephandus was a horror to behold, her face was pretty enough, but on her neck there was an extra mouth and strange, sickly purple patches covered her arms. You find a dagger, a phone, a punch of black powder, car keys, another set of keys and a lipstick on the Nephandus, the woman was not really being restrained, one side of her face was really just one big bruise so she was knocked out good, but with that you never knew, she could wake up right this instance, or never wake up at all. The woman had a bullet wound in her left arm as well.

What do you bind the Nephandus with?

"I can try to restrain her magick but as you said that thing up there might be able to sense it and we do not want it to come down to the occupied floors."
Adjan said as he took the note with the phone number on it.
"I will call the young lady that works for me."
Adjan said and got in the car while he waited for you to decide what to do about the prisoner.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I was out celebrating my birthday and playing some MtG.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Colin sighed, glancing over at the Nephandi woman, "It's a bother, isn't it? Yet, I can't fault the doctor for bringing her in, either; she's more likely to have important information than the poor sot in the bath..."
He shook his head, "Right, I've got Mr. Kimble and the ladies here to get clear; will you gentlemen be able to get the prisoner taken care of and follow?"
He seemed to think of something as he let Liv, Francesca and Freddy in the back of the car, and gestured the Cyborg to the passenger seat, then he took out his wallet and pulled out the cash, handing it to Kimble, "Don't take this the wrong way, Sir, we're eternally grateful for your help. This may not be much, but every little bit should be able to help you on your way, right?"

((OOC: New graphics card installed. A bit more power available now. :3 With luck, I will finally be able to play Watch Dogs... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:42 pm

Adjan sigh and nodded.
"I should be able to block her magick for now yes if we have oh...a minute or so for me to work on it, other than that we can chance it that she will remain out, she looks like she have been banged up pretty badly, she might stay out for a good while. Now yes she might have some good information, the question is if she will talk, but I guess we van worry about that another time."
The Euthanatos said.

Freddy, Francesca and the little girl got into the back of the car. Liv looks at Colin and asks.
"Do you still need to take my doll?"

The cyborg settle into the passenger seat, it sort of groans with the weight of him.Kimble hesitated then he took the money.
"Thank you, I am only taking this because I need it."
He muttered.
"I wish you good luck Mr Steed."
He muttered as he put the cash in a pocket.
"If we ever meet again I hope it is under peaceful circumstances."

(OOC: Weeee.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Colin nodded, "I expected that response. Take it, and good luck in... restoring some balance to your life. If our paths ever cross again, if not under peaceful circumstances, then let us at least hope it will be facing a common foe."
He turned around, focusing his scanning rote on the doll, "I'm not so certain of that anymore, dear child... Let me have a closer look at it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:44 pm

The cyborg nodded.
"Yes, as long as you do not attack the innocent Mr Steed I do not think we will be enemies."
He said, then he hesitated for a moment before he said.
"Victor, that was my name before I became this...before the Union found me, Victor Kreshnic."

Liv nods and hands the now rather cracked doll to you, it was of good make and had to have been expensive with golden, real human hair and expertly painted features, it's dress was lace and silk and it even had real gold little hoops in it's ear, it was a gift to impress the child he had chosen as his new bride from the point of view of the vampire Nicolai probably.
"I broke her, she was the only weapon I had, my Master say I can crack porcelain and stab and enemy with the pieces if I have to."
The little girl said as if it was the most common thing for ten years old girls to say in the world.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:09 pm

((OOC: Seeing as you said nothing about any magic on the doll, I'm going to assume that means there's none.))

Colin nodded, "Mr. Kreshnic, then. I would say it is a pleasure, but under the circumstances, well..."

He turned the doll over carefully, "It is an exquisite doll... Seems there's no magic to it, in and of itself, though I suspect the vampire boy has some means of tracking it through a sympathetic connection. I would guess he gave it to you as a dower; a gift to his bride-to-be. However, I do believe we can sever any connection to it before he wakes up, and then repair the damage to it, if you really wish to keep it. Porcelain is not my specialty, but I'm sure someone can help mend it..."
He handed it back gently, and leaned out the window, "If it's alright with you, then, we'll get clear first, and call if we see anyone approaching. See you back at the garage once we've seen our friend safely off."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:37 am

Friday:

Ah, well, if there's a book that can help her understand the Hermetic Paradigm then, by all means, that'd be great!

Saturday:

Want to try to do it? or you'd like to rest a little more?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:58 am

Richard Catches the eye of Victor and mumbles " thanks"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:44 am

You find a dagger, a phone, a punch of black powder, car keys, another set of keys and a lipstick on the Nephandus, the woman was not really being restrained, one side of her face was really just one big bruise so she was knocked out good, but with that you never knew, she could wake up right this instance, or never wake up at all. The woman had a bullet wound in her left arm as well.

He was still frowning when he found that she still had all her gear on her and was especially careful with the dagger and the mysterious black powder. He knew better than to count on her being knocked out for as long as he wanted, that's how June nearly killed him last time. So with that in mind and the time limits, he will do the best he can with the materials he has on him - whatever might be useful in the doctor's bag, his belt and his undershirt again if need be, like the last time. Thinking about carrying around duct tape made him feel like a criminal, but hell...it was better than being caught without. He tried to cushion the woman's head with whatever was in the trunk so it wouldn't bash around. "Great, now we have to deal with this shit...who has an active prime scan? Here take this phone," he said to Freddy "See what you can but be careful," he requested.

Colin sighed, glancing over at the Nephandi woman, "It's a bother, isn't it? Yet, I can't fault the doctor for bringing her in, either; she's more likely to have important information than the poor sot in the bath..." He shook his head, "Right, I've got Mr. Kimble and the ladies here to get clear; will you gentlemen be able to get the prisoner taken care of and follow?

Adley didn't say anything at first but his face was a veritable thundercloud, in crisis management mode. It was probably just as well, as it took a touch of the edge off how tired he was as he focused on all the shit that needed to be done in short order. "I want the girl to be in a different vehicle than the prisoner," he stated.

He handed it back gently, and leaned out the window, "If it's alright with you, then, we'll get clear first, and call if we see anyone approaching. See you back at the garage once we've seen our friend safely off."

"Fine. We'll call in about the spirit when we're clear. Get her out of here but we'll need the gate left for us," he said flatly. When they started fussing with the doll, he said, "The Tremere have a way to track people, even by their clothing, they have different ways than ours that might not seem magickal," he cautioned.  "We -really need- to leave, now." He turned to Adan, "If you're in the car with the prisoner, can you work your rote from there? I don't think we have time to sit here much longer," he said, sounding impatient but trying to be careful, hurrying last time had nearly killed someone. But even with that in mind, he felt they'd spent too long here, especially with that spirit lingering upstairs.

// yay Watchdogs. I want to play that one, it looks awesome...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:31 am

Colin nodded, "Mr. Kreshnic, then. I would say it is a pleasure, but under the circumstances, well..."

The cyborg just nodded and did not reply.

He turned the doll over carefully, "It is an exquisite doll... Seems there's no magic to it, in and of itself, though I suspect the vampire boy has some means of tracking it through a sympathetic connection. I would guess he gave it to you as a dower; a gift to his bride-to-be.

"Bride but I am ten...and I will grow up and...ohhh."
Liv said as she figured it out, she was clearly a bright girl and she planed, she probably did not know what vampirism would do to her but even so the thought scared her.
"Thank you for getting me out of there."
She muttered softly and looked down.
"If there is any chance he can...track me with it I do not want it..."
She muttered sounding afraid.

However, I do believe we can sever any connection to it before he wakes up, and then repair the damage to it, if you really wish to keep it. Porcelain is not my specialty, but I'm sure someone can help mend it..."
He handed it back gently,

The little girl accepted the doll back a little hesitantly, she loved dolls and it had been a comfort during her ordeal but at the same time she did not want to be tracked, not now that she had figured out what Nicolai wanted with her, or at least she had a pretty good guess.
"Thank you Sir...if you think you can make it safe...I do love it but I have other dolls at home and all I really want is to go home to my father and my Master."

and leaned out the window, "If it's alright with you, then, we'll get clear first, and call if we see anyone approaching. See you back at the garage once we've seen our friend safely off."

Adjan nodded to that.
"That is fine by me."
He said.
"Thank you Mr Kimble and be safe."
He called out. The cyborg just nodded.

Richard Catches the eye of Victor and mumbles " thanks"

Again the former operative just nods and give Richard a bit of a smile, though he do not say much.

He was still frowning when he found that she still had all her gear on her and was especially careful with the dagger and the mysterious black powder. He knew better than to count on her being knocked out for as long as he wanted, that's how June nearly killed him last time. So with that in mind and the time limits, he will do the best he can with the materials he has on him - whatever might be useful in the doctor's bag, his belt and his undershirt again if need be, like the last time. Thinking about carrying around duct tape made him feel like a criminal, but hell...it was better than being caught without. He tried to cushion the woman's head with whatever was in the trunk so it wouldn't bash around.

You manage to bind the woman's arms with your belt and her fingers with thin thread from Richard's kit which was meant to be used for sutures and gag her with your shirt. You find and old rain coat in the trunk of the car to pad the unconscious Nephandus head with and make her as secure as you cam, off course that would help nothing if she could work magick without foci or had some internal way to focus but you had heard her chanting before so at least it should slow her down.

"Great, now we have to deal with this shit...who has an active prime scan? Here take this phone," he said to Freddy "See what you can but be careful," he requested.

Freddy took the phone and nodded.
"I will go over it along with the phone belonging to the Nephandus in the bath tub, after all I did not get much time with it before we moved out."
She said then she added.
"Colin seam to always be Prime scanning things."

Adley didn't say anything at first but his face was a veritable thundercloud, in crisis management mode. It was probably just as well, as it took a touch of the edge off how tired he was as he focused on all the shit that needed to be done in short order. "I want the girl to be in a different vehicle than the prisoner," he stated.

"Let us put the Nephandus in the Kia with us, I will need to have her close if I am going to suppress her abilities anyway."
Adjan said softly, he gave Adley a concerned look, noting how tired he was.

"Fine. We'll call in about the spirit when we're clear. Get her out of here but we'll need the gate left for us," he said flatly. When they started fussing with the doll, he said, "The Tremere have a way to track people, even by their clothing, they have different ways than ours that might not seem magickal," he cautioned.

"I have seen the Chief do that as well, something do not need to be magickal to be an arcane connection, on the other hand there are some of Colin's blood upstairs, so let us hope our fanged friend do not find it to track us with."
Freddy commented as she sat bent over the phone.

"We -really need- to leave, now." He turned to Adan, "If you're in the car with the prisoner, can you work your rote from there? I don't think we have time to sit here much longer,"

"Yes I only need to be able to focus, it do not matter where I am."
The Euthanatos confirmed.
"Just put her in here and let us go."
He said sounding concerned but also eager to be off.

(OOC: By the way the reason why Richard did not get Paradox for removing the tracker on Liv is that he already got some and the effect was so small I feel that even if Paradox stirred it was not enough for a point.)

(OOC 2: I have not played watchdogs, I am playing Shadow Warriors currently, it is so cheesy but the relationship between the main character and the spirit that live inside of him and give him magic do remind me of a mage and an annoying Avatar.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:35 am

Tane:

Ah, well, if there's a book that can help her understand the Hermetic Paradigm then, by all means, that'd be great!

"Let me think...English I presume...start with the Kybalion, then move on to Basic Hermetic Theory by Bonisagus it is standard reading for young members of my Tradition...the first you find in the philosophy section and the second in the Hermetic section of the Library."
The alchemist said and pointed out two shelves.

Want to try to do it? or you'd like to rest a little more?

"I am fine, let us see what we can find out, if you would not mind standing guard out here while I cast a rote on Beatrice? We might need the Chief for this but I do not want her to have to hear a Hermetic chant and work magick, not yet it might remind her of...well you know."
The old Verbena said in a serious tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next