Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

5 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 17 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Adley Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:10 am

"Yeah I mean if we are lucky, we get to give the Fallen a not so nice surprise, if we are not, well have any of you seen Stargate when they close the iris...ehm the shield thing on their portal...thud." Freddy said and slapped one hand against the other. "Or we would just be redirected to Malfeas or the surface of the sun or some other nasty place. So here we are talking about a risk versus reward thing, the risk is pretty big...the reward if it works out are as well, the question is are it a risk we are willing to take?

"I don't need to see Stargate to think what it would be like to be stuck in...stuck..." He shook his head. "Instead of sending personnel however, a less risky option would be to send something else, either to deploy a distraction, look before leaping, or to cause some upset of some kind."

"Also syringes comes in various sized from tiny to oh hell no so one syringe full is not a good measurement Adley." She added with a smile.

"I agree wholeheartedly."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 17 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:51 am

"I don't need to see Stargate to think what it would be like to be stuck in...stuck..." He shook his head. "Instead of sending personnel however, a less risky option would be to send something else, either to deploy a distraction, look before leaping, or to cause some upset of some kind."

"I know a few elementals that are not to fond to the Nephandi, though I would not like to send them somewhere where they might be destroyed upon arrival."
Joakim said as he considered.
"Hum..perhaps something containing a gas, or a device of some sort that makes a high pitch noise, enough to be irritating...that could be distracting."
He suggested.

"I agree wholeheartedly."

"Hum..when you have used that stuff, would you say enough for a dose would fit into the darts in a tranquilizer gun? I mean I would not mind shooting a few Nephandi with darts in the ass if it meant taking their magick out of the equation for a while."
Freddy said.
"That might work."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:11 am

Colin nodded, "Going in through the portal in person would be needlessly risky... But perhaps something like those neat quadrotor drones? Reasonably cheap and decent carrying capacity - should be a simple matter to hook up a camera to one, and possibly a nasty surprise like a stun gun or something similar..."
He grinned to Joakim, "That test I conducted in the ritual chamber? I can flare out a dram of tass into a prime bolt directly, bypassing myself. No resonance to clean up, just the, well... damage to whatever is inside the effect radius, which I obviously should be able to modulate somewhat. Looks disgusting, of course, but frankly, it's the pure antithesis of the underlying stuff of Creation; its appearance should be no surprise..."
He grimaced, "This guk is the serum used to suppress a Mage's access to their Avatar. It's the bottle Jodelle Jerkins had, to use on Molly Aydoğan. I picked it up when we searched the apartment and forgot about it until now. We don't necessarily need it to work for 24 hours, so the question is whether a smaller dose means full effect for shorter time, or diminished effect for the full duration... but a tranquilizer rifle or similar should be an excellent means of delivery."
He frowned, "Say... if we had a small flying drone equipped with a camera and a tranquilizer gun, we could get a hefty surprise in through the portal before going through the front door, AND we could get some surveillance data as well... Any chance to get something cobbled together quickly? Obviously, if the portal is impassable, we wouldn't need to send a small fleet through; perhaps one with camera first, and a couple with armaments after the first one is confirmed through..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:48 am

Colin nodded, "Going in through the portal in person would be needlessly risky... But perhaps something like those neat quadrotor drones? Reasonably cheap and decent carrying capacity - should be a simple matter to hook up a camera to one, and possibly a nasty surprise like a stun gun or something similar..."

"That might work Mr Wainwright it will however also tell the Nephandi that we are on to them and that we probably are on our way so while we might be able to take out one of them with a stun gun, we will also be warning them of our arrival."
Joakim said and sounded doubtful.
"It seams to me to be both risky and allot of time and effort spent on something that are not that useful."

He grinned to Joakim, "That test I conducted in the ritual chamber? I can flare out a dram of tass into a prime bolt directly, bypassing myself. No resonance to clean up, just the, well... damage to whatever is inside the effect radius, which I obviously should be able to modulate somewhat. Looks disgusting, of course, but frankly, it's the pure antithesis of the underlying stuff of Creation; its appearance should be no surprise..."

"Well that certainly sounds like it would be useful in a fight Mr Wainwright, disgusting yes, but useful non the less."
Joakim said and nodded.
"And there is nothing better than to use our enemies own resources against them."

He grimaced, "This guk is the serum used to suppress a Mage's access to their Avatar. It's the bottle Jodelle Jerkins had, to use on Molly Aydoğan. I picked it up when we searched the apartment and forgot about it until now. We don't necessarily need it to work for 24 hours, so the question is whether a smaller dose means full effect for shorter time, or diminished effect for the full duration... but a tranquilizer rifle or similar should be an excellent means of delivery."

"Hum...well that would be useful and just taking their magick out of the equation for long enough to restrain them by other means should be enough. However do you have any good ideas for how to figure out those dosages without actually testing it on someone?"
The hedge wizard asked.
"Also how would this work on someone like me, the Nephandi have linear mages as well, knowing whatever or not it would also work on them would be useful."

He frowned, "Say... if we had a small flying drone equipped with a camera and a tranquilizer gun, we could get a hefty surprise in through the portal before going through the front door, AND we could get some surveillance data as well... Any chance to get something cobbled together quickly?

"I can ask Joe Willis he is the most likely man at the Chantry to have a drone and be able to modify one quickly, he could work on it while the main group drive towards Gary, however since we do not know the needed dose the plan is rather uncertain."
The Security Chief still did not sound convinced.

Obviously, if the portal is impassable, we wouldn't need to send a small fleet through; perhaps one with camera first, and a couple with armaments after the first one is confirmed through..."

"We are talking several drones now? This is starting to sound like something we do not have time to set up, especially unless we know more about the serum."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:56 am

"I know a few elementals that are not to fond to the Nephandi, though I would not like to send them somewhere where they might be destroyed upon arrival." Joakim said as he considered.

"I would not like that either..." He supposed he'd grouped them in with personnel, though they weren't persons per se, but beings in their own right. "Though they may come in helpful in some other way."

"That sounds like a better idea...though we have to consider that if there are prisoners in the area they might be affected."

"Hum..perhaps something containing a gas, or a device of some sort that makes a high pitch noise, enough to be irritating...that could be distracting." He suggested.

"Yes, something disorienting...something that will stop them casting would be very helpful, even if temporarily."

"Hum..when you have used that stuff, would you say enough for a dose would fit into the darts in a tranquilizer gun? I mean I would not mind shooting a few Nephandi with darts in the ass if it meant taking their magick out of the equation for a while." Freddy said. "That might work."
We don't necessarily need it to work for 24 hours, so the question is whether a smaller dose means full effect for shorter time, or diminished effect for the full duration... but a tranquilizer rifle or similar should be an excellent means of delivery."

"I honestly could not say what 'enough' of a dose would be or what the effects of less would be. What I used worked relatively quickly for the dose but not instantaneously. At that point, why not hit them with a tranq dart first?"

He frowned, "Say... if we had a small flying drone equipped with a camera and a tranquilizer gun, we could get a hefty surprise in through the portal before going through the front door, AND we could get some surveillance data as well... Any chance to get something cobbled together quickly? Obviously, if the portal is impassable, we wouldn't need to send a small fleet through; perhaps one with camera first, and a couple with armaments after the first one is confirmed through..."

"We'll have to coordinate the timing on it, we'll need to be ready to move in the area ourselves, otherwise anything coming through the gate will throw our hand."

"I can ask Joe Willis he is the most likely man at the Chantry to have a drone and be able to modify one quickly, he could work on it while the main group drive towards Gary, however since we do not know the needed dose the plan is rather uncertain."
The Security Chief still did not sound convinced.

"Let's back this up a bit, then. We want something to distract and surprise them, without losing our initiative too far in advance. Simplest works best..."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : whoops, anja posted)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:16 am

"I would not like that either..." He supposed he'd grouped them in with personnel, though they weren't persons per se, but beings in their own right. "Though they may come in helpful in some other way."

"I will call them once we have decided on a course of action, send them with the group that are going to Gary, they can indeed be helpful."
The Security Chief said.
"But I would like to avoid harm coming to them if at all possible."

"That sounds like a better idea...though we have to consider that if there are prisoners in the area they might be affected."

"That is why we are sending something that stuns and not just lobbing through a bomb and be done with it."
Freddy commented with a grin.

"Yes, something disorienting...something that will stop them casting would be very helpful, even if temporarily."

"Well I know Mr Von Hess always have something ready, I could give him a call, for a container that I can just grab from home with my tablet no problem. I can ask the good man if he have something really irritating that will stop anyone breathing it from thinking about magick for a while"
The Virtual Adept suggested.

"I honestly could not say what 'enough' of a dose would be or what the effects of less would be. What I used worked relatively quickly for the dose but not instantaneously. At that point, why not hit them with a tranq dart first?"

"Well the man do got a point Colin."
Freddy said and grinned.
"We do not need to make it more complicated than it have to, unless you have done something funky to your body or your are a Dreamspeaker you will not be doing much magick when unconscious and I would rather face a Nephandus who is out cold, than a panicked one with a gun who is wondering why his oh so infernal arts are not working."

"We'll have to coordinate the timing on it, we'll need to be ready to move in the area ourselves, otherwise anything coming through the gate will throw our hand."

"Agreed."
Joakim simply said.
"The strike team need to be ready when we send the distraction though the portal."

"Let's back this up a bit, then. We want something to distract and surprise them, without losing our initiative too far in advance. Simplest works best..."

"Hum...what about a smoke bomb that will either knock people out or be irritating enough to cause confusion? Such smoke could spread far from the portal room potentially."
Freddy asked.
"That might work."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:17 pm

Colin pondered, "Single-target weaponry on a drone might be inefficient, true, and multiple drones will be needlessly complicated... You'll have to forgive me; I tend to escalate quickly when brainstorming. Hmmm... if the Chantry has some sort of Public Address system, a sonic attack might be viable; there are certain sound frequencies that can cause some rather unpleasant physical reactions like nausea and disorientation."
He frowned, "I suppose we could keep the serum available in case we need to disable a Fallen while keeping them conscious, but tranquilizers would probably serve better for the actual assault. In any case, we'll have uses for the disgusting stuff for our own prisoners if we don't use it up here..."
He scratched his chin, "A smoke bomb... Rather depends on the smoke."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Colin pondered, "Single-target weaponry on a drone might be inefficient, true, and multiple drones will be needlessly complicated... You'll have to forgive me; I tend to escalate quickly when brainstorming. Hmmm... if the Chantry has some sort of Public Address system, a sonic attack might be viable; there are certain sound frequencies that can cause some rather unpleasant physical reactions like nausea and disorientation."

"If the Chantry do not have a public address system, something I doubt that it do since there where what, six residents and room for a few guests and the building is old, I can however create a route that will make a sound be heard all over the building, that should not be that complicated to write, but I do not have one ready so I would have to program it, so it might take give or take twenty minutes to get ready."
Freddy said and glanced over at Colin.

He frowned, "I suppose we could keep the serum available in case we need to disable a Fallen while keeping them conscious, but tranquilizers would probably serve better for the actual assault. In any case, we'll have uses for the disgusting stuff for our own prisoners if we don't use it up here..."

"It is useful to keep control over prisoners, if we are going to trust something that comes from the Nephandi that is, but yes for just taking the Fallen mages out something that render them unconscious are more effective."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

He scratched his chin, "A smoke bomb... Rather depends on the smoke."

"The kind that linear Sons of Ether mad scientist chemists make."
Freddy said with a big grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Colin nodded, "That could work... The right frequency can probably be googled; I believe it is fairly well documented which ranges have which effects on people, in any case."
He smiled wryly, "I think we can trust this serum - it was laid out ready for use, and I'm pretty certain miss Jerkins did not anticipate being kept from getting home, and having uninvited guests ransack her apartment."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:04 pm

"I will call them once we have decided on a course of action, send them with the group that are going to Gary, they can indeed be helpful."
The Security Chief said. "But I would like to avoid harm coming to them if at all possible."

"I understand, it could be that we might not need their assistance right away or at all, it depends what we are doing here. After all, a large group of two cars and a few elementals might raise a few eyebrows."

"Hum...what about a smoke bomb that will either knock people out or be irritating enough to cause confusion? Such smoke could spread far from the portal room potentially." Freddy asked. "That might work."

"Yes, it could."

"...if the Chantry has some sort of Public Address system, a sonic attack might be viable; there are certain sound frequencies that can cause some rather unpleasant physical reactions like nausea and disorientation."
I can however create a route that will make a sound be heard all over the building, that should not be that complicated to write, but I do not have one ready so I would have to program it, so it might take give or take twenty minutes to get ready."
Freddy said and glanced over at Colin.

"That is a very interesting idea...it would take a little finesse but if we could render ourselves relatively unaffected all the better. Do you think you could work en route?" he asked Freddy.

He smiled wryly, "I think we can trust this serum - it was laid out ready for use, and I'm pretty certain miss Jerkins did not anticipate being kept from getting home, and having uninvited guests ransack her apartment."

"Probably not but I can't say I trust what's in there, she was doing experiments. It might not be what we think it is, though chances are it is suppressor serum."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Colin nodded, "That could work... The right frequency can probably be googled; I believe it is fairly well documented which ranges have which effects on people, in any case."

"I am on it."
Freddy said as she fished out her tablet.
"I will see what I can find and download it so it is ready if we decide to go for this plan, though if I am spreading the sound I will need time for the programming of my rote."

"That it works I have no doubt of, I am more concerned with whatever or not this serum is made with Qlippothic magick, well I guess if we are only using it for Nephandi prisoners it is fine but I know I would not want that stuff injected into me if I go into a Quiet and need to be kept under control."
She said and wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"I understand, it could be that we might not need their assistance right away or at all, it depends what we are doing here. After all, a large group of two cars and a few elementals might raise a few eyebrows."

"Well I am a linear mage Mr Roth Hicks, it takes some time for me to do a summoning ritual so it would be hard to call them on the fly. I could give you their names if you have the means to call them yourself but then you would have to deal with them and get their cooperation yourself and I would need your word that you would treat them fairly."
Joakim said and gave Adley a serious look, he did not want his Umbrood allies mistreated.

"That is a very interesting idea...it would take a little finesse but if we could render ourselves relatively unaffected all the better. Do you think you could work en route?" he asked Freddy.

"Yes that should not be a problem, I just need to open portals for the sound all over the Chantry, or go a bit more fancy and have the sound be everywhere at the Post Office at once...I think I will do with crude though, quicker and more sure...so yes I can work en route, I only need my laptop and I have it with me."
Freddy said and patted her computer bag.

"Probably not but I can't say I trust what's in there, she was doing experiments. It might not be what we think it is, though chances are it is suppressor serum."

"Can't we just find someone we don't like and jab a needle in their ass and see what happens."
Freddy said and grinned.
"Seriously though it can probably be analyzed but I would not trust it until it have been."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:26 pm

"That it works I have no doubt of, I am more concerned with whatever or not this serum is made with Qlippothic magick, well I guess if we are only using it for Nephandi prisoners it is fine but I know I would not want that stuff injected into me if I go into a Quiet and need to be kept under control." She said and wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"Very good point."

"Well I am a linear mage Mr Roth Hicks, it takes some time for me to do a summoning ritual so it would be hard to call them on the fly. I could give you their names if you have the means to call them yourself but then you would have to deal with them and get their cooperation yourself and I would need your word that you would treat them fairly."

"Calling them and making a deal is not a particularly swift interaction for me either at this point. It would likely be faster for you to make arrangements and they trust you, though if you are comfortable allowing me their Names I will not mistreat them and do thank you for the offer. My pater has impressed upon me the importance of treating spirits as allies, however creating a fair deal with a stranger does take some time which we may not have at our disposal."

"Yes that should not be a problem, I just need to open portals for the sound all over the Chantry, or go a bit more fancy and have the sound be everywhere at the Post Office at once...I think I will do with crude though, quicker and more sure...so yes I can work en route, I only need my laptop and I have it with me."

He nodded at that, thinking over the idea. Then he said, "Very well, we have a distraction idea...I'd like some more rope and the cuffs again, the other tools we'll need in case we find a prisoner. Also, we should have someone equipped to heal anyone that might be hurt..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:50 pm

"Very good point."

Freddy nodded at that and gave a little smile.

"Calling them and making a deal is not a particularly swift interaction for me either at this point. It would likely be faster for you to make arrangements and they trust you, though if you are comfortable allowing me their Names I will not mistreat them and do thank you for the offer.

"I might be able to call them and set up a deal for you allowing you to call them when there is need, though I will extent that offer for this mission alone, they are free entities so should you at a later time make other arrangements with them that is not my business."
Joakim said.
"I will do the ritual once things are settled on and the strike team leads, if you are able to call them by name if a prior arrangement are set up with them? The drive to Gary should take about an hour, that should be enough time for me to do the ritual, especially with the two earth elementals making an arrangement should not be hard, we have a crystal dealer arriving later in the evening so promising them a tempting gift should not be hard, the fire elemental is more stubborn but I can manage him."

My pater has impressed upon me the importance of treating spirits as allies, however creating a fair deal with a stranger does take some time which we may not have at our disposal."

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks and I will speak their names once this meeting is over, I do not want it overheard, no offense Mr Wainwright and Miss Adlebloom, but I do not want such information spread as it could put my allies in considerable danger."
The Hermetic said apologetically.
"Ah do not worry about it Sir, unless your Umbrood friends have facebook I would not know what to do with their names anyway."
Freddy said and smiled and Joakim gave her an odd look.
"I seriously doubt these elementals are on social media Madam."
He commented.

He nodded at that, thinking over the idea. Then he said, "Very well, we have a distraction idea...I'd like some more rope and the cuffs again, the other tools we'll need in case we find a prisoner. Also, we should have someone equipped to heal anyone that might be hurt..."

Freddy nodded at that before she looked down at her tablet again, tapping at it energetically. Joakim nodded.
"Restraints I can arrange, though there is a limit to how many restraints that will block magick that we have. As for healing Mr Fisher knows some healing though he is not an expert."
He said. Freddy looked up mid tap.
"We could ask Dr Lee to come with us."
She suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:17 pm

"I might be able to call them and set up a deal for you allowing you to call them when there is need, though I will extent that offer for this mission alone, they are free entities so should you at a later time make other arrangements with them that is not my business."
Joakim said.

"That would be appropriate. Thank you for trusting me. I will not call them on my own accord aside from this offer unless there is a need and will broker our own agreement between us at that time," he agreed with a nod. Just because you knew the Name of a spirit did not mean it would listen to him, at least not for now. It could be dangerous calling any that one did not have some sort of preexisting relationship with, or someone to speak for or restrain them in the event things did not go smoothly.

"I will do the ritual once things are settled on and the strike team leads, if you are able to call them by name if a prior arrangement are set up with them? The drive to Gary should take about an hour, that should be enough time for me to do the ritual, especially with the two earth elementals making an arrangement should not be hard, we have a crystal dealer arriving later in the evening so promising them a tempting gift should not be hard, the fire elemental is more stubborn but I can manage him."

"Yes, I will be able to call them under such an arrangement. It would be helpful to know what purposes they are used to being called upon for, so I do not overreach your general set tasks."

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks and I will speak their names once this meeting is over, I do not want it overheard, no offense Mr Wainwright and Miss Adlebloom, but I do not want such information spread as it could put my allies in considerable danger."
The Hermetic said apologetically.

He nodded at that.

"Restraints I can arrange, though there is a limit to how many restraints that will block magick that we have. As for healing Mr Fisher knows some healing though he is not an expert." He said. Freddy looked up mid tap. "We could ask Dr Lee to come with us."

"I believe we still have a set entrusted to us, unless you took them back," he said, thoughtfully. "And yes, we could ask Dr Lee," he agreed with Freddy. "As for the others that are joining us, I do not know much about them. I may have missed the overview."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:55 pm

"That would be appropriate. Thank you for trusting me. I will not call them on my own accord aside from this offer unless there is a need and will broker our own agreement between us at that time," he agreed with a nod.

Joakim nodded, a simple agreement between Sodales of the Order and accord on the matter had been reached.

"Yes, I will be able to call them under such an arrangement. It would be helpful to know what purposes they are used to being called upon for, so I do not overreach your general set tasks."

"The two Earth elementals are protectors, they are High Umbral entities dedicated to serving the spiritual representation of this city. I have called them to help me in battle, or to stand guard. The fire elemental is a warrior, he serve a powerful Umbrood Lord, his realm in the Middle Umbra, lower in calling and essence than the two High Umbral protectors, he to I have called for war, he is the raging wildfire that decimate a home or a forest, the flame that cleanse a surgeon's blade, while the two others are the metal in a holy warrior's armor and should be treated accordingly, strong, diligent and steadfast, honorable entities that protect and preserve. Static in nature, while the fire elemental is unpredictable and wild, dynamic to his core, never cruel though, he is simply a flame, a sentient flame."

"I believe we still have a set entrusted to us, unless you took them back," he said, thoughtfully. "And yes, we could ask Dr Lee," he agreed with Freddy. "As for the others that are joining us, I do not know much about them. I may have missed the overview."

"No I think you still have them."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I can arrange for you to have one more pair but that is as much as I can spare. I do have one more item to restrict magick, but it is one I have never used and would not use unless there where no other choice, a jeweled needle that stings not just flesh but soul as well, it do not harm an Avatar, the wound to it would be no greater than if I where to prick you with a pin, however the pain from even such a minuscule wound should make magick to unpleasant to perform for a few hours at least. A Verditius created it hoping the artifact would be a good weapon against other mages, until he accidentally pricked himself with it and revised his opinion on the piece, eager to get rid of it he bet it in a poker game and it have been in my possession ever since, and effective but cruel weapon it is your choice if you will want to bring it along though do take heed the lesson it's creator learned, you are as easy to prick as your enemy."
The hedge wizard said and offered a small smile.
"Other than that, rope and some medical supplies I will be able to provide off course."

"There was not much said about the others, but I can do so now. Hayden Fisher is a powerful Adept of our own House, a good warrior though not the quickest spellcaster, he is a dependable man though, he also have some ability as a combat medic and healer. Mr Fisher's apprentice, Magda is just about ready for her Gauntlet, together with her mentor she works well in a fight, but alone she is to hot headed, do not sent her into anything delicate alone, the child needs to learn patience. Magickwise she is quick and nimble, using modern words and gestures as tools for the most part. You met Mr Lucas, a Mercere, while Awakened he do not have any magickal ability at the moment, he is a good shot and a decent martial artist though, not to mention his finesse with Talismans. Mr Devereux is the main Hoplite of the Tribunal, Master Min's attack dog they call him, unless he is after you for some crime though he is a man you want at your side, he is a powerful Adept specializing in manipulating time and space while using mundane firearms to do his dirty work. Mr Devereux is of the Virtual Adepts but he is a...ehm...the faction that generally do not use only computers as..."
The hedge wizard looked at Freddy for help and she looked up from her Tablet.
"He is of the Reality Hackers faction then Chief."
She said and Joakim nodded.
"Yes...that are their name, Reality Hackers, while his Paradigm is technomagickal his tools are quite eclectic."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:09 pm

Colin pondered, "Some of those frequencies I believe can be stopped with simple ear protection - mundane quality earplugs should usually do the trick; the sound changes when it tries to go through liquid and solid, after all... I think, however, the best solution would be noise-cancelling headphones with a short-range communications array, to coordinate a group. Those, of course, are... generally not available on the civilian market outside of aviation..."
He looked up at Freddy, his face looking fairly innocent as his eyes glittered, "I'm certain we could find some way to avoid using this serum on our own... Besides, luv, I'm sure you would look better in handcuffs."
He scratched the side of his nose, "Your spirit acquaintances have less to fear from me, than vice versa. My... research materials tend to suggest there's a deeper aspect to their names than a mere word, and that's an aspect I have no comprehension of in the first place. My personal curiosity, of course, is irrelevant, and I'll gladly vacate you private sphere for that."
He arched his eyebrow, "Sir, might I see that needle? Being a silversmith and jeweler myself, that description did make me curious; it rather sounds like either the design leaves something to be wanted, or the piece just has a nasty disposition to everyone..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Colin pondered, "Some of those frequencies I believe can be stopped with simple ear protection - mundane quality earplugs should usually do the trick; the sound changes when it tries to go through liquid and solid, after all... I think, however, the best solution would be noise-cancelling headphones with a short-range communications array, to coordinate a group. Those, of course, are... generally not available on the civilian market outside of aviation...

"No doubt once they figure out what is going on, they will try to disable it once they begin to recover, assuming of course there is anyone in there. It would need to be somewhat more impactful, though not too much, or it might damage them in the long term."

"The two Earth elementals are protectors, they are High Umbral entities...while the fire elemental is unpredictable and wild, dynamic to his core, never cruel though, he is simply a flame, a sentient flame."

"Thank you. We'll see what we find at the post office, though I would rather not see it set aflame unless there's no choice," he said with a frown.

"No I think you still have them." Joakim said and nodded. "I can arrange for you to have one more pair but that is as much as I can spare. I do have one more item to restrict magick, but it is one I have never used and would not use unless there where no other choice, a jeweled needle

"Ah, I think I recall...some details feel as if they happened a very long time ago," he said. "That needle does not sound pleasant. At all." He listened to the run down of the other magii. At Mr Mr Devereux though a small frown appeared. "Sir, we happen to know the Nephandi are targeting those with the ars of time at their disposal. Mr Mr Devereux should might be warned of this though our chantrymate knows this...additionally, it may make his participation risky."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Colin pondered, "Some of those frequencies I believe can be stopped with simple ear protection - mundane quality earplugs should usually do the trick; the sound changes when it tries to go through liquid and solid, after all... I think, however, the best solution would be noise-cancelling headphones with a short-range communications array, to coordinate a group. Those, of course, are... generally not available on the civilian market outside of aviation..."

"I at least do not know of any sound canceling ear phones in the possession of anyone at the Chantry, and getting specialized equipment takes time we do not have, it is possible Mr Fisher is nimble enough with his manipulation of the forces of nature that he can protect the strike team from the effect of the noise though, if not then regular ear plugs will have to do, and phones will have to do for communication unless Miss Adlebloom or Mr Devereux have any other options available."
Joakim said and Freddy shook her head.
"I do not have any equipment like that Sir."
She replied to him.

He looked up at Freddy, his face looking fairly innocent as his eyes glittered, "I'm certain we could find some way to avoid using this serum on our own... Besides, luv, I'm sure you would look better in handcuffs."

"Well I am practical in that if I go nuts you can take away my computer and phone and lock me in a room and there will not be much magick from me, I sort of need my toys..."
Freddy said then she gave a bit of mischievous grin.
"And yes I would look adorable in handcuffs, then again my sweet so would you."
At this point Joakim pretended to be so busy making sure a stack of papers on his desk was absolutely straight that he did not hear the rest of that conversation.

He scratched the side of his nose, "Your spirit acquaintances have less to fear from me, than vice versa. My... research materials tend to suggest there's a deeper aspect to their names than a mere word, and that's an aspect I have no comprehension of in the first place. My personal curiosity, of course, is irrelevant, and I'll gladly vacate you private sphere for that."

"I appreciate it Mr Wainwright, and I hope you take no offense, it is not that I doubt your honor, it is that I would spread the knowledge of their names as narrowly as I can, they trust me, I do not want to betray that trust."
Joakim said and inclined his head towards Colin.

He arched his eyebrow, "Sir, might I see that needle? Being a silversmith and jeweler myself, that description did make me curious; it rather sounds like either the design leaves something to be wanted, or the piece just has a nasty disposition to everyone..."

"You may at that Mr Wainwright, but do be careful and do not blame me if you prick yourself on the blasted thing."
The linear mage said as he stood and walked over to a wall safe and hiding the combination opened it and produced from among several other items in the safe, a small, black box, he carefully closed the door to the safe again and handed the box to Colin.
"On your own responsibility Mr Wainwright."
He warned. Freddy gave Colin a worried look but she did not say anything, not right now at least.

"No doubt once they figure out what is going on, they will try to disable it once they begin to recover, assuming of course there is anyone in there. It would need to be somewhat more impactful, though not too much, or it might damage them."

"The sound will not incapacitate them, only disorient and make them feel ill, it is an distraction to give us a few moments to act so we can disable the Fallen in the Post Office before they have time to harm any hostages they might be holding."
Freddy said as she tapped at her tablet again.
"But yes they are likely to want to disable the source of the noise as soon as they find out what is going on yes."

"Thank you. We'll see what we find at the post office, though I would rather not see it set aflame unless there's no choice," he said with a frown.

"I agree Mr Roth Hicks burning the building down is a last resort and not a desirable outcome so the two earth elementals are more likely to be conductive to saving hostages than my little wild flame."
Joakim said and nodded.

"Ah, I think I recall...some details feel as if they happened a very long time ago," he said.

The old hedge wizard nodded at that.

"That needle does not sound pleasant. At all."

"No it is not, I have not seen it's effects but I heard them described by it's creator, he was not saddened to see it go when he lost at the card table."

He listened to the run down of the other magii. At Mr Mr Devereux though a small frown appeared. "Sir, we happen to know the Nephandi are targeting those with the ars of time at their disposal. Mr Mr Devereux should might be warned of this though our chantrymate knows this...additionally, it may make his participation risky."

"In what ways are they targeted Mr Roth Hicks, if it means his life will be in greater danger I know that will not deter Mr Devereux, however if this targeting is for something that will give the Nephandi a tactical advantage if they get what they want then that is another matter and he should probably be replaced for this assignment. "
The Security Chief said and frowned.
"As far as I know Mr Devereux is ranked Adept of Time...he is quite skilled when it comes to manipulating temporal affairs."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Colin shrugged, "So long as such a sound is playing, it should keep them disoriented, and a few moments after. If we get some adequate ear plugs, we should be sheltered from the worst of it, and the sufferers would likely have some... difficulty focusing enough to shut it down quickly. That part rather boils down to how long we can keep the sound up, as opposed to something like smoke, which will dissipate of itself."
He grinned to Freddy, "Best table that train of thought for later, luv..."
He nodded to Joakim, "No offense taken, Sir. I don't understand spirits, as such, but from what I have read, speaking their name is rather like reading a person's social security number and credit card information. One would not want that to be public knowledge."
He fished out a small jeweler's loupe and carefully opened the box, examining the needle as well as he could without taking it out, "Let us see what I can make of the purely mundane aspects of it first... Hm, I don't suppose anyone has a pair of tweezers?"
He frowned and nodded to Adley, "I agree to an extent - Mr. Devereux' skill with chronomancy might make him a tempting target, however, it's the Boston Labyrinth we know that has been, hm, acquiring Magi with that particular specialty. I don't know if there's been a problem with that here. Mr. Joakim, have you heard anything about such disappearances in the Chicago area?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Adley seemed to simply ignore the banter between his cabalmates or perhaps his mind was on other things than what they might get up to with handcuffs and fertile imaginations.

The sound will not incapacitate them, only disorient and make them feel ill, it is an distraction to give us a few moments to act so we can disable the Fallen in the Post Office before they have time to harm any hostages they might be holding."
Freddy said as she tapped at her tablet again.

He nodded. "Good, then. Thank you, Freddy."

"In what ways are they targeted Mr Roth Hicks, if it means his life will be in greater danger I know that will not deter Mr Devereux, however if this targeting is for something that will give the Nephandi a tactical advantage if they get what they want then that is another matter and he should probably be replaced for this assignment. "
He frowned and nodded to Adley, "I agree to an extent - Mr. Devereux' skill with chronomancy might make him a tempting target, however, it's the Boston Labyrinth we know that has been, hm, acquiring Magi with that particular specialty. I don't know if there's been a problem with that here. Mr. Joakim, have you heard anything about such disappearances in the Chicago area?"

"As there has been collaboration between the cells here and there, I thought it prudent that the possibility be brought up. The target is a potential tactical advantage for the Nephandi," he said. "I do believe my chantrymate knows this as well but he may not think to tell Mr Devereux if he does not know his specialties."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:46 pm

Colin shrugged, "So long as such a sound is playing, it should keep them disoriented, and a few moments after. If we get some adequate ear plugs, we should be sheltered from the worst of it, and the sufferers would likely have some... difficulty focusing enough to shut it down quickly. That part rather boils down to how long we can keep the sound up, as opposed to something like smoke, which will dissipate of itself."

"Well it depends what adequate means Mr Roth Hicks, like I said it is possible Mr Fisher can do something with magick other than that the only ear plugs I am sure we have are the kind you might wear at a movie treater or to sleep on a plane."
Joakim said.
"Those though we have plenty of."

He grinned to Freddy, "Best table that train of thought for later, luv..."

Freddy gave a playful grin.
"Yes love I think that might be best."
She agreed and giggled.

He nodded to Joakim, "No offense taken, Sir. I don't understand spirits, as such, but from what I have read, speaking their name is rather like reading a person's social security number and credit card information. One would not want that to be public knowledge."

"Names is more than just sounds Mr Wainwright, or perhaps it is that sounds is more than vibrations of air, they have power and used right will give a person power over those who's name is known, for a non corporeal being this is even more true."
The Security Chief said and nodded.

He fished out a small jeweler's loupe and carefully opened the box, examining the needle as well as he could without taking it out, "Let us see what I can make of the purely mundane aspects of it first... Hm, I don't suppose anyone has a pair of tweezers?"

The needle was made of silver and was fairly thick and long, on the top sat a pearl set in a silver cage, it looked very much like a hat pin of yesteryears and where quite well crafted, the decorations to where practical, it had a pearl at the top to give something to grip and the silver cage was simple and smooth so one could hold it to jab into skin easily. Freddy gave the needle a hairy eyeball but she reached into her bag and produced a small blue plastic box containing her repair kit for her computer including three tweezers meant for electronics of various sizes.
"Will these do love?"
The Virtual Adept said.
"And be careful, if you poke yourself I would nurse you back to health and then bring the story up for the amusement of any dinner guests we ever have, just so you know."
She warned though she seamed so concerned that she could not deliver her joke quite right.

"No as far as I know all magi of this Tribunal are accounted for Mr Wainwright and there have been no rapports of anyone missing from any of the Chantries, if the same is true for the other Factions off course I could not say, nor do we have fully mapped out the Orphan population of the city. However no I have heard of no such trouble."
Joakim said and slightly shook his head.

He nodded. "Good, then. Thank you, Freddy."

Freddy just nodded and continued her eager tapping.

"As there has been collaboration between the cells here and there, I thought it prudent that the possibility be brought up. The target is a potential tactical advantage for the Nephandi," he said. "I do believe my chantrymate knows this as well but he may not think to tell Mr Devereux if he does not know his specialties."

"Very well, I will ask Mrs Knox to take Mr Devereux's place, she is a skilled fighter both mundanely and with magick and beside she is Philippa Arden's apprentice, she is a skilled healer, I trust her in a combat situation."
Joakim said and seamed thoughtful.
"It is usually best not to send a desired target to the enemy's doorstep if it can be avoided, and like you said there do seam to be cooperation between these two Labyrinths."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:18 pm

Colin nodded, "Those... might suffice. I would suggest a short test before tactical application, though. I... can volunteer as test subject, since I proposed the idea in the first place."
He picked out a large tweezer with a grateful smile, and placed the box on the table, carefully lifting the needle with the tweezer and turning it over, examining it through the loupe before carefully returning it to the box and closing it again, "Well, I'm fairly certain I can make a screw thread on it, and a retractable cap similar to that of a ball point pen. It would be a trifle tricky, and I cannot completely guarantee I wouldn't accidentally affect the working... but with a couple of days' careful work, I believe I could render it a little more... user friendly."
He handed the tweeers back to Freddy and smiled to Joakim, "That is, of course, my assessment as a mundane jeweler. To protect the enchantment itself, I might have to confer with a Cabalmate who has some skill with artifice. But I think a bit of, hm, child-proofing should be possible."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:32 pm

Colin nodded, "Those... might suffice. I would suggest a short test before tactical application, though. I... can volunteer as test subject, since I proposed the idea in the first place."

Joakim nodded.
"Very well, I will have some sets of ear plugs sent for along with the medical supplies and you can arrange for such a test with Miss Adlebloom."
He said.
"Hum...so finding the right sound, playing it and trying to make you ill Colin...my my I almost feel bad about that...almost."
Freddy said and gave her most innocent smile.

He picked out a large tweezer with a grateful smile, and placed the box on the table, carefully lifting the needle with the tweezer and turning it over, examining it through the loupe before carefully returning it to the box and closing it again, "Well, I'm fairly certain I can make a screw thread on it, and a retractable cap similar to that of a ball point pen. It would be a trifle tricky, and I cannot completely guarantee I wouldn't accidentally affect the working... but with a couple of days' careful work, I believe I could render it a little more... user friendly."

"Something like that would make the talisman safer to use yes, but no less cruel, through since no permanent damage is done in an emergency it might be quite useful, however the problem is that I do not know what part of the talisman is a part of the magick and which is just there for decoration, it might no longer work if you remove the pearl, and that being said it pose no danger to me, I am not an Awakened mage it is for other reasons than safety that I have never used the needle Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said though he did give the Orphan a bit of a smile.

He handed the tweeers back to Freddy and smiled to Joakim, "That is, of course, my assessment as a mundane jeweler. To protect the enchantment itself, I might have to confer with a Cabalmate who has some skill with artifice. But I think a bit of, hm, child-proofing should be possible."

Freddy put her repair kit back into her bag and gave Colin a smile. Joakim seamed to consider for a moment.
"Let me think about your offer for a few hours Mr Wainwright, like I said I can use it safely, nor do it seam to be a danger to a sleeper, it will only affect an Awakened Avatar, I have avoided using it since I have not yet had good enough reason to cause that kind of pain to take someone prisoner, but then again in a pinch it might be most useful..."
The hedge wizard said though he seamed uncertain.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:16 am

Colin nodded, "As a weapon, it is rather on the disturbing side, if fairly harmless in and of itself, but as an old soldier and a craftsman, I do have objections to designs that invite accidental self-injury. I do not believe I would have to do anything with the pearl, though; it's the... business end and the middle that might see some modification. Besides... if you were to bring a hatpin to a spell duel, you might want to be able to conceal it without running a constant risk of poking yourself with it when you fish it out. A good secreted melee weapon should generally not be an impairment to its bearer."
He fished out a business card and laid it by the box, "By all means, Sir, do give it all the thought in the world. Fine jewelry should not be the subject of hasty decisions."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:59 am

"Well it depends what adequate means.." Joakim said."Those though we have plenty of."

"If we're aware what the emenations that we are using are we can be prepared with Forces, yes...it is not meant to be a long standing solution as we're discussing it, something to distract, disorient, give a moment so they won't call up something nasty when they see us."

"Very well, I will ask Mrs Knox to take Mr Devereux's place, she is a skilled fighter both mundanely and with magick and beside she is Philippa Arden's apprentice, she is a skilled healer, I trust her in a combat situation." Joakim said and seamed thoughtful. "It is usually best not to send a desired target to the enemy's doorstep if it can be avoided, and like you said there do seam to be cooperation between these two Labyrinths."

"As Colin said, they might not have cast the net outside Boston, however if they knew and saw an opportunity they might take it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next