Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

5 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 18 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 am

Colin nodded, "As a weapon, it is rather on the disturbing side, if fairly harmless in and of itself, but as an old soldier and a craftsman, I do have objections to designs that invite accidental self-injury. I do not believe I would have to do anything with the pearl, though; it's the... business end and the middle that might see some modification. Besides... if you were to bring a hatpin to a spell duel, you might want to be able to conceal it without running a constant risk of poking yourself with it when you fish it out. A good secreted melee weapon should generally not be an impairment to its bearer."

"I am less concerned if it is used as a weapon, in a fight where it is kill or be killed, if an enemy ends up hurting for a while is acceptable. I am more concerned with if the thing ever leave my possession, how tempting it would be for some to use it as a instrument of torture if it was safe, if you get one poke from something that hurt your Avatar Mr Wainwright, what would you not be willing to do to avoid getting another? Currently every everyone are afraid of the thing, but a safer design...well in either case I do see your point and and I will consider it."
Joakim said.

He fished out a business card and laid it by the box, "By all means, Sir, do give it all the thought in the world. Fine jewelry should not be the subject of hasty decisions."

The old hedge wizard took the card and nodded, he put it in a drawer of his desk and went to his safe to put the needle back in.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, and thank you for the offer."
He said.

"If we're aware what the emenations that we are using are we can be prepared with Forces, yes...it is not meant to be a long standing solution as we're discussing it, something to distract, disorient, give a moment so they won't call up something nasty when they see us."

"My ranking in Forces is not quite high enough to do that Adley however I have found something I think we can use and I am downloading the sound now, I was just thinking we send through a music player of some sort with the volume turned up, that should do it."
Freddy said.
"And yes it will only distract, nothing else.

"As Colin said, they might not have cast the net outside Boston, however if they knew and saw an opportunity they might take it."

"Agreed so let us try to avoid that possibility."
Joakim said.

There was a knock on the door and Jerome came back into the small room, he had with him one man of average height, he was slender with board shoulder, a fine featured face and blue eyes, his hair where scruffy and just long enough to be held in a ponytail and where somewhere between blond and red. The man wore a shirt, a west and pressed pants and looked quite elegant. Behind him where a very tall young woman, at a little over six feet tall she was very tall for a woman, and she was also heavyset and stocky making her quite large though none of it was fat, her hair was dark brown, curly and worn in a ponytail, she wore a faded band tshirt, ripped blue jeans and a spiked leather bracelet on one wrist though around her neck where a delicate little silver heart and in her ears little silver hooped earrings which looked almost out of place on the large, fairly masculine looking woman. Jerome gave a elegant bow to the room and said.
"May I introduce Adeptus Hayden Fisher Hermes bani Flambeau and his apprentice Magda Bloom."
He said and the two Hermetics gave polite nods to Adley and Colin in greeting.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 18 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:34 am

Colin nodded, "Very true, it's rather a weapon of terror, if handled properly. As such, there should be some manner of safety on it - something to cover the point, to avoid accidents."
He gave Freddy a grin, "So long as it isn't that Canadian girl, what's her name... something Bieber, I think?"

He bowed quickly to the Hermetics when they arrived, "Well met. Colin Wainwright, of Chantry Steelhaven Hall."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:17 am

Colin nodded, "Very true, it's rather a weapon of terror, if handled properly. As such, there should be some manner of safety on it - something to cover the point, to avoid accidents."

"I agree with that, well for now it is safe in my care but yes, it is a weapon of terror and while it might be a decent deterrent...I am concerned at a more safe version of it might be used for."
Joakim said as he returned to his seat.

He gave Freddy a grin, "So long as it isn't that Canadian girl, what's her name... something Bieber, I think?"

"I think it is supposed to be a boy, but no that is not the sound I have found though I suspect that to would be plenty irritating, however what I have found is just noise really, just a collection of sounds, I could play it but it is somewhat well disorienting, though you will not get the full effect unless you put it on rather loud."
Freddy said and smiles.

He bowed quickly to the Hermetics when they arrived, "Well met. Colin Wainwright, of Chantry Steelhaven Hall."

Hayden offered Colin his hand and smiles.
"It is nice to meet you Mr Wainwright...hum...Steelhaven that is in Boston right?"
He asked. Magda to moved forward and offered her large hand in greeting, she looked at Colin's scars for a moment but said nothing about it.
"Good evening Sir."
She muttered, she seamed to be a bit shy despite her imposing figure or perhaps because of it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:41 pm

"My ranking in Forces is not quite high enough to do that Adley however I have found something I think we can use and I am downloading the sound now, I was just thinking we send through a music player of some sort with the volume turned up, that should do it."
Freddy said. "And yes it will only distract, nothing else.

"I believe we are receiving some help that could assist us in that. I believe I could shield myself, if only in a basic way but not anyone far from me. So now we need a music player and speakers." He nodded.

Jerome gave a elegant bow to the room and said. "May I introduce Adeptus Hayden Fisher Hermes bani Flambeau and his apprentice Magda Bloom." He said and the two Hermetics gave polite nods to Adley and Colin in greeting

Adley gave a respectful nod to his sodales. "Pleased to meet you both. Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau, also of Steelhaven."

// lol Canadian girl

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:04 pm

"I believe we are receiving some help that could assist us in that. I believe I could shield myself, if only in a basic way but not anyone far from me. So now we need a music player and speakers." He nodded.

Joakim nodded he wrote it down on a list he was making on what would be needed.
"That we should be able to get."
He said, so a music player with speakers, earplugs, medical supplies, rope and other restraints, one more set of the spelled cuffs, anything else that is needed for if not I will set someone to getting these things so everything is ready."
He said before he found one more of the magick dampening cuffs and handed them to Adley.
"We have everything else on the list around but it have to be gathered up."
He said.

Adley gave a respectful nod to his sodales. "Pleased to meet you both. Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau, also of Steelhaven."

"It is nice to meet you Mr Roth Hicks."
Hayden said and offered his hand in greeting. Magda gave you a shy smile and a bow.
"Hello Sir."
She said to Adley as well.
"We have been told there is a problem with the Post Office, I guess anything else we can be filled in on in the car, is there anything we need to do before we leave?"
Hayden said, he seamed to be a practical man who liked to just get things done.

There was another knock on the door and Hayden who was closest opened after a nod of approval from Joakim, two men come into the now extremely crowded office, one of them was Joakim, he nodded to his Chantrymates and then to the strangers, you notice a long patch of pinker skin on his face where a cut had been healed and he walked with a slight limp, there was a small gash at shoulder level in his leather jacket, though he seamed to be mostly fine, a little tired perhaps but fine. The other man was shorter than the tall Euthanatos, he was lean and moved with a cat like grace, his hair was dark blond and worn in short cornrows, his eyes where a dusty blue, he was not a very handsome man as such, but he had a playful glint in his eyes that made him interesting, the man was wearing black jeans, a white tshirt and a denim jacket and it was clear that under that jacket he was carrying weapons.
"Good evening Jack."
Joakim said.
"Thank you for driving our guest home."
The man named Jack shook his head.
"It is no problem...I do however assume there are some problems to be found here since you are holding a meeting, what is up?"
He asked and Joakim sigh.
"It is the Post Office Mr Devereux, it might have been taken over by the Fallen."
He explained and Jack raised an eyebrow.
"First a member of my Chantry turns out to be a bloody widderslainte and now Nephandi, well this Tribunal is going to hell in a hand basket."
He muttered before he looked around at Adley, Freddy and Colin and nodded to them in greeting.
"Ah but where are my manners I am Jack Devereux bani Virtual Adept of Chantry Umbra Gladii, I am pleased to meet you."
He said and gave a bow with as much of a flourish as he could in a small room this chock full of mages.

(OOC: Security Offices, now with 50 percent more mages. Razz)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:44 pm

Colin shook Hayden's hand and nodded, "Quite correct. Seems our little household suddenly found itself at the vanguard against a minor infestation."
He gave Magda's hand a firm shake, too, and smiled, "Oh, go ahead, if you want to ask. I've looked this pretty long enough not to be bothered by a direct question."

He bowed in return to Jack, "Colin Wainwright, Chantry Steelhaven Hall, good to meet you."

((OOC: Yeah, Canadian girl. Or can you dispute that? Wink ))
((OOC2: The 50% more mages doesn't worry me, however, the 100% more Joakim does give me some cause for concern, since nobody else seems to react...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Colin shook Hayden's hand and nodded, "Quite correct. Seems our little household suddenly found itself at the vanguard against a minor infestation."

"Well the Nephandi are a nuisance wherever they are found Mr Wainwright."
Hayden said as he shock your hand.
"Of all the factions they are by far the most troubling in my opinion, not that I am to found of the Union either."

He gave Magda's hand a firm shake, too, and smiled, "Oh, go ahead, if you want to ask. I've looked this pretty long enough not to be bothered by a direct question."

"I am sorry Sir I did not mean to be rude."
The apprentice said and looked apologetic.
"I ehm...was just wondering if a fireball did that?"
She asked which earned her a stern look from her mentor.

He bowed in return to Jack, "Colin Wainwright, Chantry Steelhaven Hall, good to meet you."

Jack nodded and looked at Colin for a moment.
"So what is really going on here?"
He asked.

(OOC: Ooops a bit to much Joakim, he is everywhere...he is under your bed, I better fix that. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:53 pm

Colin gave Magda a quick grin, "Strictly speaking, yes it was - just not a magical one. Desert Storm, Surface-To-Air missile. Apparently, faces are not very effective at stopping those when one is sitting in a helicopter."
He scritched lightly at one of the scars, frowning briefly at the stubble surrounding it, then shook his head, "Better to ask a straightforward question than to delicately dance around the subject for an extended period of awkwardness, don't you think? And no, I was not a Mage when I sat down in that pilot's seat... I was when they pulled me from the wreckage, though."

He sighed, "It's kind of a long story, Mr. Devereux. For a quick summary, a Labyrinth in Chicago is cooperating with one in Boston, and the Chicago one has apparently infiltrated and taken over the Mercere post office. We're preparing a counterattack."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Colin gave Magda a quick grin, "Strictly speaking, yes it was - just not a magical one. Desert Storm, Surface-To-Air missile. Apparently, faces are not very effective at stopping those when one is sitting in a helicopter."

"I see Sir...That must have been unpleasant..."
The young war mage muttered and looked down.
"You where a helicopter pilot then?"

He scritched lightly at one of the scars, frowning briefly at the stubble surrounding it, then shook his head, "Better to ask a straightforward question than to delicately dance around the subject for an extended period of awkwardness, don't you think? And no, I was not a Mage when I sat down in that pilot's seat... I was when they pulled me from the wreckage, though."

"I guess so Sir I do not want to be rude though."
Magda said then she raised and eyebrow.
"You Awakened when you where shot down, that is a pretty violent way for one's Gift to manifest."
She muttered.

Hayden who had been shaking hands with Freddy gave his apprentice a warning look.
"Leave the good man alone Magda."
He stain sternly in Latin and his apprentice nodded and gave Colin another shy, apologetic look.

He sighed, "It's kind of a long story, Mr. Devereux. For a quick summary, a Labyrinth in Chicago is cooperating with one in Boston, and the Chicago one has apparently infiltrated and taken over the Mercere post office. We're preparing a counterattack."

"I see, well then I guess we have to get there and kick their asses back to whatever hell hole they live in then, preferably without getting the Redcaps killed in the process."
Jack said and shrugged as he took the information in one stride.
"It is the not getting the Mercere killed that is the difficulty here Mr Devereux."
Joakim said. Adjan looked rather surprised he glanced at his three Chantrymates.
"I leave you alone for a few moments and this is the trouble you get in?"
He asked and smiled to show he was joking.
"This is the thing about the Post Office that Miss Molly mentioned?"
He added in a more serious tone of voice afterwards.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Colin nodded and grinned, "I still am a helicopter pilot, actually - I've kept my license up to date, so if you need someone to pilot a gunship, just give Steelhaven Hall a call. And yes, it was a rather unpleasant conflagration."
He looked up at Hayden and switched to Latin himself, "As I said, it is quite alright; I'm not offended. Prying is one thing, but should not an eagerness to learn be cherished? Not, of course, that it is my place to question teaching methods."

He gave Adjan a grin, "Well, Adley and I had a good night's sleep while you were out cavorting with the ladies."
Turning a little more serious, he added, "I hope you didn't sustain any lasting damage?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:42 pm

Adley took the proffered cuffs with care and put them in his jacket. "Hm...something to gag someone with, duct tape. I believe that is everything that I can reasonably think of, that we might need. Besides Mrs Knox's assistance." It was like a serial killer's or kidnapper's shopping list. Still, if they had to take someone back it was safer for them than improvising. Plus he was rather running out of clothing to spare.

"It is nice to meet you Mr Roth Hicks." Hayden said and offered his hand in greeting. Magda gave you a shy smile and a bow.
"Hello Sir." She said to Adley as well.

He shook Hayden's hand and then gave a nod of acknowledgement to Magda. "Thank you for coming, yes there is some trouble. We are in process of getting ourselves together and a plan of attack," he added to his cabalmate's explanation. Then as two more people moved into the room, Adley moved aside to give them room to enter. He was glad to see Adjan; the feeling of not having seen him in a long time prevailed as he took note of his condition. Harmed but healed, his leg again hurt. He had bad luck with that leg, it appeared. "I am glad to see you, amicus," he said to Adjan, similarly to his cabalmates and friends when he'd first seen them, the look on his face that of meeting a good friend after a long dangerous campaign.

"Ah but where are my manners I am Jack Devereux bani Virtual Adept of Chantry Umbra Gladii, I am pleased to meet you."
He said and gave a bow with as much of a flourish as he could in a small room this chock full of mages

'Mr Devereux, Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau." Molly's cabalmate. Well, his own reaction had been worse when he first learned what Beatrice was and he could not deny that the Nephandi were bad news.

Adjan looked rather surprised he glanced at his three Chantrymates. "I leave you alone for a few moments and this is the trouble you get in?" He asked and smiled to show he was joking. "This is the thing about the Post Office that Miss Molly mentioned?"
He gave Adjan a grin, "Well, Adley and I had a good night's sleep while you were out cavorting with the ladies."

"Indeed, we might have gotten into more, but we needed to take our afternoon nap." Then he nodded, "Yes, it seems that there was a missed delivery transfer at that post office. It needs to be checked out with some haste. We are currently gathering the team and supplies to go."

// lol no dispute

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Colin nodded and grinned, "I still am a helicopter pilot, actually - I've kept my license up to date, so if you need someone to pilot a gunship, just give Steelhaven Hall a call. And yes, it was a rather unpleasant conflagration."

"I doubt I will have need to pilot a gunship anytime soon Mr Wainwright, but I will keep it in mind."
Magda said and smiles.
"I am sure a pilot would be useful in the Ascension War though, and perhaps you can take what you know and use that to fly Umbral ships."

He looked up at Hayden and switched to Latin himself, "As I said, it is quite alright; I'm not offended. Prying is one thing, but should not an eagerness to learn be cherished? Not, of course, that it is my place to question teaching methods."

"I am glad you where not offended by my apprentice's questions Mr Wainwright, but inquiries about something that could be personal, should if possible be done in private out of respect for the other person's sensibilities."
The war mage said politely and gave Colin a nod.

Turning a little more serious, he added, "I hope you didn't sustain any lasting damage?"

"Ah you have found yourself a area where time moves differently then?"
Adley said and smiled.
"No I am fine, thank you for your concern though Mr Wainwright, Amanda never intended to kill me, if she had I can assure you I would be quite dead, instead she just wounded me enough to make pursuing her and my prisoner undesirable. The good folks at Umbra Gladii have seen to my injuries and I am mostly healed, only some soreness are left."
The Euthanatos said.
"It is not like I have not been poked by knives before, I do spar with Master Nassa after all."
He added with a grin.

Adley took the proffered cuffs with care and put them in his jacket. "Hm...something to gag someone with, duct tape. I believe that is everything that I can reasonably think of, that we might need. Besides Mrs Knox's assistance."

Hayden added the duct tape and gags to the list and nodded.
"Very well I will make arrangements Mr Roth Hicks."

He shook Hayden's hand and then gave a nod of acknowledgement to Magda. "Thank you for coming, yes there is some trouble. We are in process of getting ourselves together and a plan of attack," he added to his cabalmate's explanation.

"Very well to save time I guess it is better if we are informed of the plan on the way there Mr Roth Hicks, unless you need me and my apprentice to be a part of the planning."
Hayden said.
"Though I assume the two of us are here to be firepower."
He asked. Joakim looked over at Magda and gave her the list he had made and said.
"Child, if you would not mind to go and get the items on this list and get them ready in the lobby, and then find Kristina Knox and ask her to come here as well."
He instructed and Magda nodded.
"Yes Chief.."
She said but she raised an eyebrow when she saw the items on the list then she looked to her mentor for permission to go and when he nodded she said.
"Please excuse me."
And headed out the door.

"I am glad to see you, amicus," he said to Adjan, similarly to his cabalmates and friends when he'd first seen them, the look on his face that of meeting a good friend after a long dangerous campaign.

Adjan looked a little surprised at his friend's reaction but he gave Adley a smile.
"I am glad to see you as well my friend...though it seams we are heading right back into more trouble."
He said sounding a bit tired.

'Mr Devereux, Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau." Molly's cabalmate. Well, his own reaction had been worse when he first learned what Beatrice was and he could not deny that the Nephandi were bad news.

"It is nice to meet you Mr Roth Hicks."
Jack said and inclined his head to Adley though he did not shake hands with anyone in the room.
"So am I going on this little mission to the Post Office Chief?"
He asked and Joakim shook his head.
"No there are some indication that the Nephandi are after those skilled in the Sphere of Time Mr Devereux."
The hedge wizard replied and Jack looked surprised.
"The Fallen want time manipulators?"
He asked.

"Indeed, we might have gotten into more, but we needed to take our afternoon nap." Then he nodded, "Yes, it seems that there was a missed delivery transfer at that post office. It needs to be checked out with some haste. We are currently gathering the team and supplies to go."

"I see."
Adjan said and nodded.
"Very well then, I am ready to go if you want me with you for such an mission, our couriers are an important part of the Traditions, we can not let anything happen to them."
He said before she smiles to the mages he did not know in the room.
"Ah...how rude of me. I am Adjan Terach bani Euthanatos of Steelhaven Hall, it is my honor to make your acquaintance."
He said and offered a small bow to the gathered mages.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Colin smiled enigmatically at Magda, "Umbral ships... Yes, I've learned how to pilot them over the next few months... It's kind of complicated."
He nodded to Hayden, "A prudent attitude. In this case, though, I did invite the inquiry."
He stretched a little, "Freddy managed to convince her uncle to give us some time. We needed it; both Adley and I were wearing a bit thin. Not something you want when the tired and snappy individuals have some power over fire and chaos... No matter; I'm glad you're none the worse off."
He arched an eyebrow at Hayden, "Speaking of firepower, how good are you with precision and fine control? We would prefer to avoid collateral damage. While wholesale destruction has its uses, it is best avoided when there is a risk of hostages getting caught in the crossfire."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:46 am

"No I am fine, thank you for your concern though Mr Wainwright, Amanda never intended to kill me, if she had I can assure you I would be quite dead, instead she just wounded me enough to make pursuing her and my prisoner undesirable. The good folks at Umbra Gladii have seen to my injuries and I am mostly healed, only some soreness are left." The Euthanatos said. "It is not like I have not been poked by knives before, I do spar with Master Nassa after all." He added with a grin.

Be that as it was, Adjan had been injured, healed and did not look as if he had rested. But he seemed...himself, his attitude and bit of gallows humor combined with the accurate summation of him being stabbed. He could well imagine that his friend would be dead now if there had been such intent, Francesca had said as much in what seemed a long ago conversation. A slash to the face could lose one an eye and cause bleeding, a good distraction and a busted leg prevented one from making haste to follow. He hadn't forgotten the lessons incorporated into the seeking though, they were fresh and the lessons too important and embodied.

"Very well I will make arrangements Mr Roth Hicks."

"Thank you. And if there is a chance after, the matter of the tass brought before the Deacons. I do appreciate all the effort and expert help, sir," he said. The office was overflowing with magii and there were again many things to do and catching everyone up was becoming something of a loop.

"Very well to save time I guess it is better if we are informed of the plan on the way there Mr Roth Hicks, unless you need me and my apprentice to be a part of the planning."

"I do not see why you should be excluded though time is always an issue," he began after his apprentice went off to her errands. "You should know this could be a dangerous situation that we are coming into because we are unsure of the state of the post office or how many enemies might be there or what they've set up while time has passed. We must tread carefully or we may lose lives," he said. He could decide from there if he wanted his student to participate or not. "We are attempting to create first a distraction so that we can come in without being pre-empted, hopefully it will give us an edge to prevent any spirits from being summoned and so we can try to save our allies if they are there. Also, if possible, we could try to capture someone, so we can find out what they were planning on doing with the post office." He glanced at Colin and Freddy, to see if he'd gotten the general overview of what they had so far. "We have so far figured on about two cars worth of passengers, with potential back ups."

"I see." Adjan said and nodded. "Very well then, I am ready to go if you want me with you for such an mission, our couriers are an important part of the Traditions, we can not let anything happen to them."

"Though I always welcome you, you have been injured and haven't had any opportunity to rest in some time. There are a sizeable force here that are willing to help with this mission, if you think you should conserve yourself for later." He didn't want to push him or tell him what to do, but his friend was looking tired and had been injured, and what he'd gone through was taxing in other ways. Then he gave a small smile, "And yes, I know that I am being semi-hypocritical in that I was near dead on my feet before I took your own advice. But I do hope that I am wiser if not older now and so feel slightly fitter to mirror such words back to you," he said, to soften the blow of it all and let him know he was concerned but ready to take at face-value his own assessment of his state.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:23 am

Colin smiled enigmatically at Magda, "Umbral ships... Yes, I've learned how to pilot them over the next few months... It's kind of complicated."

"Over the next few months Sir? Time do seam to flow unusually for you then."
The Hermetic apprentice said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded to Hayden, "A prudent attitude. In this case, though, I did invite the inquiry."

Hayden nodded at that.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, I guess it is acceptable in this case then."
He agreed.

He stretched a little, "Freddy managed to convince her uncle to give us some time. We needed it; both Adley and I were wearing a bit thin. Not something you want when the tired and snappy individuals have some power over fire and chaos... No matter; I'm glad you're none the worse off."

"You probably needed the rest."
Adley said and smiled.
"In this situation we find ourselves in sleep have become a rare and precious commodity."
He commented.
"And yes snappy mages are never a good idea."

He arched an eyebrow at Hayden, "Speaking of firepower, how good are you with precision and fine control? We would prefer to avoid collateral damage. While wholesale destruction has its uses, it is best avoided when there is a risk of hostages getting caught in the crossfire."

Hayden replied by doing a few simple hand gestures and a tiny flame danced on top of his index finger and then jumped to each finger in turn, then split in two and the two parts swirled around one another in a spiral for a while before joining back together and finally going out.
"Finesse is not a problem for me Mr Wainwright, my apprentice is young however and have not learned how to restrain what she conjures, but I am quite sure we can avoid burning the Post Office down unless we have to."

"Thank you. And if there is a chance after, the matter of the tass brought before the Deacons. I do appreciate all the effort and expert help, sir," he said. The office was overflowing with magii and there were again many things to do and catching everyone up was becoming something of a loop.

"I will let you know how that conversation go."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Though I suspect it will take a little time to make a decision, we are meeting in an hour or so, though I am not officially a Deacon I will take part in the meeting, and we will see what the leaders of this Chantry have to say about the suggestion."

"I do not see why you should be excluded though time is always an issue," he began after his apprentice went off to her errands. "You should know this could be a dangerous situation that we are coming into because we are unsure of the state of the post office or how many enemies might be there or what they've set up while time has passed. We must tread carefully or we may lose lives," he said.

"We share a House Mr Roth Hicks we are the blade of the Order, and some of ours are in trouble, there might be danger but we can not let that stop us, if we loose our lives there will be other reincarnations, and if we do not then we will have victory."
The war mage said proudly.
"But yes we do indeed need to proceed with caution."
He added then he said.
"And if you are concerned about Magda, she have been in combat before, she is just about ready to take her Gauntlet, loosing her would be a hard blow, but she is trained as a warrior, she can handle herself well in a dangerous situation."
Hayden sounded quite proud and fond of his apprentice.

"We are attempting to create first a distraction so that we can come in without being pre-empted, hopefully it will give us an edge to prevent any spirits from being summoned and so we can try to save our allies if they are there.

"A sound idea, a distraction is always a good idea and depending on the Paradigms of our enemies that could shut their defenses down."
The Flambeau said and nodded approvingly.

Also, if possible, we could try to capture someone, so we can find out what they were planning on doing with the post office."

"We could try indeed but the Nephandi never make it easy for us to capture them. A Technocrat might surrender when his chances of winning the fight seams low as he knows at worst he will be executed but there is a good chance he will be traded in some prisoner exchange or another, for a Nephandus though, they will fight to the death...taking them prisoner is no mean feat..."
The war mage warned.

He glanced at Colin and Freddy, to see if he'd gotten the general overview of what they had so far. "We have so far figured on about two cars worth of passengers, with potential back ups."

"Make it three just in case we need to transport wounded allies or prisoners back here, though Umbra Gladii would be closer to the Post Office as a place to get wounded help and they have some competent healers there."
Hayden said.
"Both me and my apprentice own cars and we can use them, then we only need one more."
He said and Joakim said.
"You can use mine, that makes three."
Freddy just nodded at Adley's summary.

"Though I always welcome you, you have been injured and haven't had any opportunity to rest in some time. There are a sizeable force here that are willing to help with this mission, if you think you should conserve yourself for later." He didn't want to push him or tell him what to do, but his friend was looking tired and had been injured, and what he'd gone through was taxing in other ways.

"I can fight, however you are right I am tired and while I was healed the injuries did take their toll. I will be effective for this mission but possibly not for the next unless I rest."
Adjan said, he was used to being objective about his own condition when it came to tactical advantage.
"Then rest Mr Terach, it seams enough have gathered to get this task done and if more is needed then Umbra Gladii was once a war Chantry, we know how to fight and back up can be sent from there, take the chance to rest when you can."
Jack said, and Adjan nodded.
"It makes sense but I do not like to leave my friends in danger while I am safe here."
He commented and looked hesitant.

Then he gave a small smile, "And yes, I know that I am being semi-hypocritical in that I was near dead on my feet before I took your own advice. But I do hope that I am wiser if not older now and so feel slightly fitter to mirror such words back to you," he said, to soften the blow of it all and let him know he was concerned but ready to take at face-value his own assessment of his state.

"Well the situation is different, you have others to take my place, I am not critical to this mission and I have here a chance to rest to be more effective at the next but like I said I do not like to leave you and the others in danger my friend while I am safe here."
The Euthanatos said.
"Though it might be the most tactically advisable thing to do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:49 am

"In this situation we find ourselves in sleep have become a rare and precious commodity." He commented."And yes snappy mages are never a good idea."

"Well when you put it that way," he said a bit wryly, glancing at Colin. He supposed he had been snappy. A bit. Some long while ago.

Hayden replied by doing a few simple hand gestures and a tiny flame danced on top of his index finger and then jumped to each finger in turn, then split in two and the two parts swirled around one another in a spiral for a while before joining back together and finally going out.
"Finesse is not a problem for me Mr Wainwright, my apprentice is young however and have not learned how to restrain what she conjures, but I am quite sure we can avoid burning the Post Office down unless we have to."

He glanced first at Hayden then at Colin. He didn't look impressed but equally he was used to that sort of thing amongst his House. Showing off could get you paradox and waste Quintessence. He'd been wasteful in his own way, earlier. Not through showing off, however. His pater had cut that shit out of him fairly early in training. Something about visiting the wheelchair bound man  every evening had stuck...strange but that lesson was less fresh than the one from the seeking, cycling energy. Pain until his fingers felt no more, when he had to look to see if he was still holding on... He wondered who Hayden's mentor had been...or was. "Impressive display and object lesson, sodalis but the Nephandi have a way of whittling down reserves." He supposed though many would not have taken someone's word on such a matter before a battle. Some habits died harder than others.

"I will let you know how that conversation go." Joakim said and nodded. "Though I suspect it will take a little time to make a decision, we are meeting in an hour or so, though I am not officially a Deacon I will take part in the meeting, and we will see what the leaders of this Chantry have to say about the suggestion."

He nodded. "I understand, however it is as most things a matter of critical timing as well as politics - removing the target as soon as possible is highly desired, for tactical reasons." All they could do was try, when it came to that and hope that the political quagmire would not hamper a sound decision. "Let us hope the effort brings us some reward."

"We share a House Mr Roth Hicks we are the blade of the Order, and some of ours are in trouble, there might be danger but we can not let that stop us, if we loose our lives there will be other reincarnations, and if we do not then we will have victory." The war mage said proudly..."And if you are concerned about Magda, she have been in combat before, she is just about ready to take her Gauntlet, loosing her would be a hard blow, but she is trained as a warrior, she can handle herself well in a dangerous situation."

He was not especially in need of a lecture like this in front of a gaggle of others some of which were also of his own House, at the foot of his Seeking to boot. Perhaps the man thought he was afraid of death. Or loss. The feeling in the storm whispered in his consciousness, that feeling of being dragged, to give up, stop fighting...give in. Die. Worse than die, be rent apart, soul shattered and scattered. Be free from the pain. He looked at Hayden, remembering the man was an Adept, he himself an Initiate and the Chief here outranked them both in matters due to his position. But the experience had changed him and though he spoke respectively he was not feeling particularly deferential towards him out of rank alone.

"I was not speaking of danger to ourselves but those that we fight alongside and also those within, possibly captive. Nor did I say that danger should stop us, though there are more battles ahead of us to consider in this war." It did not diminish the need of the one ahead, nor the fact they might very well have to sacrifice themselves or others in order to gain the advantage they needed. Still, he recalled the chief's words that the apprentice was a hot head, if not in social circles, in battles. "If you believe your student is ready to face this, then you would be a better judge than we would be, of course. I felt you should understand the challenges as far as we have anticipated them so we can work cohesively. Also, because you and your apprentice may have some ideas to contribute as well naturally."

"We could try indeed but the Nephandi never make it easy for us to capture them. A Technocrat might surrender when his chances of winning the fight seams low as he knows at worst he will be executed but there is a good chance he will be traded in some prisoner exchange or another, for a Nephandus though, they will fight to the death...taking them prisoner is no mean feat..." The war mage warned.

"I am under no illusion that the task would be easy," he said with a raised eyebrow. It hadn't been easy so far, after all. And now, he was fairly certain that it would not ever be 'easy' again. It was the way it was.

"Make it three just in case we need to transport wounded allies or prisoners back here, though Umbra Gladii would be closer to the Post Office as a place to get wounded help and they have some competent healers there."

He nodded at that. "Good. True, we may have people that need to come back," he agreed. He looked to Jermone and asked, "How many did you anticipate might need extraction?"

"Well the situation is different, you have others to take my place, I am not critical to this mission and I have here a chance to rest to be more effective at the next but like I said I do not like to leave you and the others in danger my friend while I am safe here." The Euthanatos said. "Though it might be the most tactically advisable thing to do."

He glanced at Jack and then Hayden. It would be rather large party and only Colin and Freddy were people he knew personally, as well as the doctor if he was coming with them. To Adjan he said, "I think that you should rest while you can and catch up on matters," he said. "Though no one can replace you," he added, "we do have a different skill set available at the moment," he said. Fran would be glad to see him, and there was the girl to protect. In the event of something else happening while they were away, Adjan and Fran were a capable duo. "It is of course up to your own discretion." And, on the chance it was a trap, he had more faith that Adjan could find them than anyone else but the Adepts that had been toting him around the Tellurian.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:23 am

Colin gave Hayden an approving nod, "That is an elegant display of restrained energy. Oh, damn, I almost forgot, I should measure up the tass I have in separate drams before we head out... Some old film canisters or zip-lock bags or somesuch should suffice, I think. Something sealable, at least. I'd rather avoid touching the horrid stuff directly."
He grinned, "No mean feat, indeed. Perhaps we should point that out to the one we've got tied up in our own cellar. Or the one in the cellar here..." He gave Joakim a wry smile, "At least the one we left in your custody isn't a vile bundle of profanity and vulgarity..."
He shook his head, "Sorry, that might sound a bit more arrogant or proud than it is. But yes, we're aware of how the Fallen have a tendency to attempt to resist arrest."
He scratched his chin, "Seeing as we're looking at potentially all six residents of the post office being held hostage, likely in part to ensure compliance, we won't want to go in guns blazing, literally or figuratively."
He glanced over at Adjan, "I do believe Francesca wanted a few words with you once you came back, in any case... and it might well be beneficial to have the two of you in reserve here, in case something goes awry. Well, three of you, depending on whether Dr. Lee joins us on this one."

((OOC: By the way, how many drams of tass are left in the bag, anyway? I don't think you ever specified the amount, or even approximated it, beyond it being in the plural, and highly disgusting.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:15 am

"Impressive display and object lesson, sodalis but the Nephandi have a way of whittling down reserves." He supposed though many would not have taken someone's word on such a matter before a battle. Some habits died harder than others.

"Yes they do..."
Hayden said with a bit of a grin, he had enjoyed putting on that little show.
"I did not use any stored up resources for my...little show, though Sodalis, just a bit of intent and will but yes the Nephandi do have a nasty tendency there which is why I also carry with me mundane weapons if that should become necessary to use."

He nodded. "I understand, however it is as most things a matter of critical timing as well as politics - removing the target as soon as possible is highly desired, for tactical reasons." All they could do was try, when it came to that and hope that the political quagmire would not hamper a sound decision. "Let us hope the effort brings us some reward."

"I am fully aware of that Mr Roth Hicks and if it was just up to me I would give you what is in that Node right now, but alas at the end of the day I am just a hedge wizard the decision is not mine."
Joakim said and sigh.
"But I will do my best to get the others to agree."

"I was not speaking of danger to ourselves but those that we fight alongside and also those within, possibly captive. Nor did I say that danger should stop us, though there are more battles ahead of us to consider in this war."

Hayden nodded at that.
"Off course Mr Roth Hicks nor did I claim you said danger should stop us and yes we do have to consider the safety of our allies and those we are sent to rescue."
He said as he eyed Adley for a moment.

"If you believe your student is ready to face this, then you would be a better judge than we would be, of course. I felt you should understand the challenges as far as we have anticipated them so we can work cohesively. Also, because you and your apprentice may have some ideas to contribute as well naturally."

"Magda can face this yes, she do have a temper, it may not seam like it when one is just talking with it, but she do, but she can control herself."
The war mage said with conviction.
"Well a basic plan sounds preferable, one distraction and then going in trying to take the Fallen out quickly. Perhaps if the Post Office is not warded it would be a good idea to try to use some sensory magick to try to determine how many are inside, and where they are before we strike, though off course with everything we do with magick there is a chance it will be discovered."

"I am under no illusion that the task would be easy," he said with a raised eyebrow. It hadn't been easy so far, after all. And now, he was fairly certain that it would not ever be 'easy' again. It was the way it was.

"Well then, let us try to rope ourselves a Nephandus then."
Hayden said then Jack spoke up.
"If capturing at least one of them is a goal, go for the youngest, the most inexperienced, offing yourself takes guts, even if you know you face worse down the line, driving in that knife or pulling the trigger on yourself is not easy, a younger Nephandus are less likely to have the guts to do so, if any of them have any apprentices with them, that would be perfect."
He said and gave a bit of an unnerving smile.
"The younger they are the easier they are to force to talk anyway. Break a few of their fingers or give them a good trashing with a whip and few teenagers will be able to hold out for long, they are not old enough to have learned how to resist pain."
Freddy glanced up at Jack and muttered under her breath.
"Alrighty then..."

He nodded at that. "Good. True, we may have people that need to come back," he agreed. He looked to Jermone and asked, "How many did you anticipate might need extraction?"

"Six, if they all are alive, plus whatever prisoners are taken, which will probably not be many as Mr Fisher say the Nephandi are notoriously hard to take alive."
The Mercere said.
"We can use my car as well, that would make four, that should be enough."

To Adjan he said, "I think that you should rest while you can and catch up on matters," he said. "Though no one can replace you," he added, "we do have a different skill set available at the moment," he said. Fran would be glad to see him, and there was the girl to protect. In the event of something else happening while they were away, Adjan and Fran were a capable duo. "It is of course up to your own discretion." And, on the chance it was a trap, he had more faith that Adjan could find them than anyone else but the Adepts that had been toting him around the Tellurian.

"Vert well, you are probably right."
Adjan agreed and sigh.
"Saying stay safe is pointless my friend since the situation you are going into are not safe, all I can say is that I hope you all return alive and well, and if you should need me, call me, I should be able to get to you fairly quickly through the Umbra."
He said then he took one of his many knives from a pocket inside of his jacket and handed it to Adley.
"I have owned this for a long time, if you have it with you I should be able to find you anywhere out until the Middle Umbra."
He explained.
"Is there anything you need me to do before you go?"
He asked he was vary about letting his allies go off into danger without him but at the same time him getting some rest so he would be ready for the next crisis did make more sense.
"I will watch over Fran and the girl while you are away."

Colin gave Hayden an approving nod, "That is an elegant display of restrained energy. Oh, damn, I almost forgot, I should measure up the tass I have in separate drams before we head out... Some old film canisters or zip-lock bags or somesuch should suffice, I think. Something sealable, at least. I'd rather avoid touching the horrid stuff directly."

Hayden gave you a bit of a grin.
"Why thank you Mr Wainwright."
He said and offered another elegant bow. Jack rummaged around in his jacket and came up with a few sip lock bags, they where a bit curled up but clean.
"Here you go, you never know when you might need one."
He said as he handed the bags to Colin.

He grinned, "No mean feat, indeed. Perhaps we should point that out to the one we've got tied up in our own cellar. Or the one in the cellar here..." He gave Joakim a wry smile, "At least the one we left in your custody isn't a vile bundle of profanity and vulgarity..."

"Two captured Fallen, that is quite impressive..."
Hayden said and nodded approvingly.
"I have a little vile bundle of profanity and vulgarity right under my own roof Mr Wainwright, I am glad you did not bring me another, unfortunately my bundle as you put it are a Chantry member so I can not lock her up in the basement."
Joakim said and sigh.

He shook his head, "Sorry, that might sound a bit more arrogant or proud than it is. But yes, we're aware of how the Fallen have a tendency to attempt to resist arrest."

"So would you if you knew your potential captors wanted to Gilgul you."
Freddy said.
"You would be resisting a whole lot."
Hayden nodded.
"No not arrogant at all but it is impressive, it is seldom two Nephandi are captured in the same year, much less by the same Chantry in a short period of time, you should be proud of such an accomplishment Mr Wainwright."

He scratched his chin, "Seeing as we're looking at potentially all six residents of the post office being held hostage, likely in part to ensure compliance, we won't want to go in guns blazing, literally or figuratively."

"Agreed, we need to show some restraint, but at the same time we need to take them out quickly."
Hayden said and nodded.
"If we give them time to take out their hostages the Mercere get hurt just the same."

He glanced over at Adjan, "I do believe Francesca wanted a few words with you once you came back, in any case... and it might well be beneficial to have the two of you in reserve here, in case something goes awry. Well, three of you, depending on whether Dr. Lee joins us on this one."

"Very well then, I will go and talk with Fran and Dr Lee then."
Adjan said and nodded.
"Should I ask if Dr Lee want to join this expedition?"
Hayden looked over at Colin.
"This Dr Lee, is he a Etherite?"
He asked.

(OOC: There where nine drams now there are eight.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:02 am

"I did not use any stored up resources for my...little show, though Sodalis, just a bit of intent and will but yes the Nephandi do have a nasty tendency there which is why I also carry with me mundane weapons if that should become necessary to use."

He wasn't about to contradict or question him. Making fire when there was none available used the ars of prime and forces and a dash of quintessence to fuel it but he might have some bag of tricks up his sleeve. What was clear though was that he'd enjoyed it.

"I am fully aware of that Mr Roth Hicks and if it was just up to me I would give you what is in that Node right now, but alas at the end of the day I am just a hedge wizard the decision is not mine." Joakim said and sigh. "But I will do my best to get the others to agree."

"I know you will sir, and I do thank you for bringing it to the table for us for consideration," he said. He didn't want the man to think he was ungrateful.

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks nor did I claim you said danger should stop us and yes we do have to consider the safety of our allies and those we are sent to rescue." He said as he eyed Adley for a moment..."Magda can face this yes, she do have a temper, it may not seam like it when one is just talking with it, but she do, but she can control herself." The war mage said with conviction.

He glanced back at him, without malice and gave a nod at his words as he listened to him speak. Perhaps it had been a pep talk...riding out into the mouth of battle, the House motto on their lips. Well, he was not feeling in that sort of mood either precisely. He wished to plan the best they could, go take care of it and bring back those they could rescue. "Good then."

"Well a basic plan sounds preferable, one distraction and then going in trying to take the Fallen out quickly. Perhaps if the Post Office is not warded it would be a good idea to try to use some sensory magick to try to determine how many are inside, and where they are before we strike, though off course with everything we do with magick there is a chance it will be discovered."

"Yes, wards could be a problem," he agreed. "We should probably consider the possibility."

He looked at Colin and frowned slightly.

"Six, if they all are alive, plus whatever prisoners are taken, which will probably not be many as Mr Fisher say the Nephandi are notoriously hard to take alive." The Mercere said."We can use my car as well, that would make four, that should be enough."

"Six, very well."

"If capturing at least one of them is a goal, go for the youngest, the most inexperienced, offing yourself takes guts, even if you know you face worse down the line, driving in that knife or pulling the trigger on yourself is not easy, a younger Nephandus are less likely to have the guts to do so, if any of them have any apprentices with them, that would be perfect. "The younger they are the easier they are to force to talk anyway. Break a few of their fingers or give them a good trashing with a whip and few teenagers will be able to hold out for long, they are not old enough to have learned how to resist pain." He said and gave a bit of an unnerving smile.

Adley had been trying to reserve opinion of all the newcomers but there was something about this Jack. Perhaps it was thoughts like he had just opined. He did not like his smile. "Of course, finding our comrades and getting them to safety as well as securing the location are primary concerns for us, however there could be an opportunity to take a prisoner. However, if that occurs they should be checked over diligently for investments and tracers and separated from their tools and weapons. We have been given restraints to aid in this and they should also be prevented from use of their fingers and speaking."

"Saying stay safe is pointless my friend since the situation you are going into are not safe, all I can say is that I hope you all return alive and well, and if you should need me, call me, I should be able to get to you fairly quickly through the Umbra." He said then he took one of his many knives from a pocket inside of his jacket and handed it to Adley. "I have owned this for a long time, if you have it with you I should be able to find you anywhere out until the Middle Umbra." He explained. "Is there anything you need me to do before you go?"

"We shall do so if we can and need to," he agreed. Adley took the knife from him, a little surprised and looked it over. "Thank you, Adjan. I appreciate it, though hopefully it is an unneeded measure and I will return it to you soon." He considered where he should put the knife and then stowed it away as best he could, in a spot away from his other items as a holdout."I feel like I should give you something in turn, It would serve as a backup. "Anything else...well, you can wish us good luck," he said with a smile.
"I will watch over Fran and the girl while you are away."

"Good," he said. "Thank you," he said.

"Should I ask if Dr Lee want to join this expedition?"

"Mrs Knox has been asked to accompany us, however if he would like to assist, there are many between us we may need more than one person with healing skills," he said, looking at Colin and Freddy.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:24 am

"I know you will sir, and I do thank you for bringing it to the table for us for consideration," he said. He didn't want the man to think he was ungrateful.

Joakim just gave a smile at that, a smile for the thanks the young mage gave him, and a smile of frustration over Chantry politics that always got in the way of well...everything."

"Yes, wards could be a problem," he agreed. "We should probably consider the possibility."

"There are talismans that protect the Chantry, but the Nephandi must have broken through those if they have gotten in to cause trouble."
Jerome said.
"But yes one of you should probably check the place for wards once we get there."

"Of course, finding our comrades and getting them to safety as well as securing the location are primary concerns for us, however there could be an opportunity to take a prisoner. However, if that occurs they should be checked over diligently for investments and tracers and separated from their tools and weapons. We have been given restraints to aid in this and they should also be prevented from use of their fingers and speaking."

"I have been hunting other mages down for most of my life Mr Roth Hicks, first as a member of a Technocracy strike force and later as a Hoplite serving the Quaesitores and other Enforcers, I am well aware of how to handle a Gifted prisoner, but yes your advice is sound, there is a plethora of Paradigms that uses either voice or hands so stopping that is always a good idea, causing them pain through breaking a bone for example is also effective, few mages can concentrate enough to do magick through that unless they are trained for it. I generally break the collarbones of my prisoners, or their hands depending on what I have to bind them with."
Jack said with no emotion what so ever though he gave another of his unnerving smiles.

Freddy moved just a inch closer to Colin, not that she would ever admit that Jack made her nervous, and it was unclear whatever she wanted the Orphan's protection, or to protect him or both.
"Well that do indeed sound like cold Union tactics."
She said and gave Jack a even look and he glared daggers at her for a moment but he said nothing.

"We shall do so if we can and need to," he agreed. Adley took the knife from him, a little surprised and looked it over. "Thank you, Adjan. I appreciate it, though hopefully it is an unneeded measure and I will return it to you soon."

The dagger was forged steel, the handle was leather wrapped wood, it was plain with no decorations, it was a weapon first and foremost and from how the leather had turned dark around the grip it had been used at least in training quite frequently.
"I hope so to my friend but in this situation I say better safe than sorry."
Adjan muttered.

He considered where he should put the knife and then stowed it away as best he could, in a spot away from his other items as a holdout."I feel like I should give you something in turn, It would serve as a backup. "Anything else...well, you can wish us good luck," he said with a smile.

"A back up might be useful us if I have to track you down in the Umbra, let us hope I do not."
Adjan said then he smiled.
"Yes indeed, good luck."

"Good," he said. "Thank you," he said.

Adjan just nodded at that as he begun to head for the door.

"Mrs Knox has been asked to accompany us, however if he would like to assist, there are many between us we may need more than one person with healing skills," he said, looking at Colin and Freddy.

"I will go and ask him then."
Adjan said he gave his friends and the other gathered magi a nod before he bowed to Joakim and headed out of the hedge wizard's office, though as he do so he almost walks into Magda who was on her way back in.
"All the supplies are gathered and Mrs Knox is waiting for us in the lobby."
She said as she smiled to Adjan and he gave the girl a polite nod before he left to find Fran and Liv.

(OOC: If Richard's player do not respond before the rest of the party are ready to leave and he want Richard to be a part of this rescue mission then I will just have Morningstar send a back up car and he can be on that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:54 am

Colin nodded to Jack as he accepted the bags and quickly counted them out, "Ah, much obliged..." Quickly turning to Joakim, he continued, "Er, mind if I use your desk to measure the stuff up? I'll avoid getting any on the table."
As Jack described violence against the Fallen, he gave him an unusually dirty look, "I should hope we don't take any prisoners under your care, then, Sir. Restraining prisoners is one thing, but I fear you are drifting a little too far toward excessive cruelty for my tastes. The Traditions should try to be a little better than that. Not for the Fallen's sakes, but for our own."
He shook his head to Hayden, "Actually, Dr. Lee is Akashic. A physician of fairly slender build, but he puts on muscle rather quickly in an emergency."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:09 am

Colin nodded to Jack as he accepted the bags and quickly counted them out, "Ah, much obliged..." Quickly turning to Joakim, he continued, "Er, mind if I use your desk to measure the stuff up? I'll avoid getting any on the table."

"Yes I do not mind."
Joakim said he rummaged around on his desk for a moment then found what he was looking for and handed Colin Friday's newspaper.
"Here use this Mr Wainwright then it will be easier to clean up."
He offered.

As Jack described violence against the Fallen, he gave him an unusually dirty look, "I should hope we don't take any prisoners under your care, then, Sir. Restraining prisoners is one thing, but I fear you are drifting a little too far toward excessive cruelty for my tastes. The Traditions should try to be a little better than that. Not for the Fallen's sakes, but for our own."

Jack shrugged.
"My methods work Mr Wainwright, pain is an effective way to control a prisoner, and with magickal healing available it is little chance that they will die, if any they will be more cooperative since they know what will happen if they are not, why should I care about their comforts?"
He said then he added.
"But I doubt you have to worry, according to Chief Joakim here the Fallen are looking for those ranked in the Sphere of Time so I take it I would not be joining you, I would advice you consider my methods though, are they cruel yes, but they also keep a prisoner very secure, and it is not like it matters, with a Fallen there will be nothing else of them to be traumatized in a next life anyway."
He said without a hint of sympathy. Joakim gave Jack a very stern look and seamed uncomfortable but he said nothing.

He shook his head to Hayden, "Actually, Dr. Lee is Akashic. A physician of fairly slender build, but he puts on muscle rather quickly in an emergency."

"An Akashic healer, interesting, I hope I get to meet this man."
The war mage said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:52 am

Colin nodded, "Thank you, Sir."
Quickly tearing off a page and placing it atop the unfolded newspaper, he carefully measured up about one dram of the tass, folded the page around it, and put it in a zip-lock bag. Then he repeated the process, careful not to touch the stuff directly, until he ran out of tass or zip-lock bags.
He gave Jack a sour look, "Why should you care? The Golden Rule comes to mind, for starters. Pretty much every religion has a variant of it - either in the form of treat others as you would be treated, or not treating others in a way you would not have them treat you. Additionally, I've found that cruelty leaves as much a mark on the person who applies it as the person on whom it is applied. Nobody else might care what you do to a prisoner, but you and the prisoner most certainly should."
He frowned, "Honestly, your attitude toward prisoners is the sort that goes some way to vindicate the Nephandi, and we most certainly should not have that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Colin nodded, "Thank you, Sir."
Quickly tearing off a page and placing it atop the unfolded newspaper, he carefully measured up about one dram of the tass, folded the page around it, and put it in a zip-lock bag. Then he repeated the process, careful not to touch the stuff directly, until he ran out of tass or zip-lock bags.

You can either go by eye measurement and scrape of the black, oily stones about what you used earlier and hope they all have about the same amount in them, or you could use magick to try to determine how much exactly one dram of this corrupted tass was, at least you had enough ziplock bags. Freddy wrinkled her nose in disgust when she saw the tass.
"That is disgusting, it looks like diseased excrement, dipped in a oil spill and left to calcify."
She muttered.
"Are you really going to do magick with that shit love?"

He gave Jack a sour look, "Why should you care? The Golden Rule comes to mind, for starters. Pretty much every religion has a variant of it - either in the form of treat others as you would be treated, or not treating others in a way you would not have them treat you.

"I am not religious."
Jack commented flatly.
"And I fully expect that if I was captured by the Technocracy or the Nephandi I would be tortured and executed or worse, it is what we do to one another in a war."

Additionally, I've found that cruelty leaves as much a mark on the person who applies it as the person on whom it is applied. Nobody else might care what you do to a prisoner, but you and the prisoner most certainly should."

"I am sure the prisoner care, I am sure they care very much but that is not my problem. My prisoners might cry, beg or scream that is no concern to me as long as they are not given the chance to escape and I get what I want from them, coddling the enemy lead to nothing but them getting loose and turning on you and you better remember that Mr Wainwright!"
Jack said, he was clearly becoming angry.

He frowned, "Honestly, your attitude toward prisoners is the sort that goes some way to vindicate the Nephandi, and we most certainly should not have that."

"I will not be compared to the Nephandi by anyone, and certainly not and Orphan which I assume you are since you have not given a Tradition Mr Wainwright."
Jack said and his voice became low and dangerous as he glared at Colin. Freddy who sensed the Hoplite's mood quickly put her tablet down and placed herself between Jack and Colin, glaring at him, the older Virtual Adept did not spare her a glance though as he continued to glare daggers at the Orphan.
"If I thought your kind had any skill worth testing I would have challenged you to a duel, know this however I will not let an insult like that go without a reaction again!"
He said coldly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Colin grimaced and roughly eyeballed eight packets of the stuff, "I'm afraid so, luv - but at least my method won't require any consumption of this filth... and a general avoidance of any lasting resonance, to boot."
Colin held the Virtual Adept's gaze evenly; face not betraying anything, then he met Joakim's eyes and inclined his head, acknowledging Jack's formally superior rank, "I've said my peace; I'll take your fair warning. This is hardly the time and place for... needling one another further."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next