Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 11 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Antonio nodded he just barely dodged out of the way of another fireball which flew past you and your cover as he wrote on his spell then with a final pen stroke he nodded to you. You aimed with your pistol and placed one bullet in the fireball lover's abdomen and two in his chest. The Nephandus looked really confused for a moment as if he did not understand what was happening then he hit the floor like a sack of potatoes. The two other Nephandi looked at one another and quickly retreated into the portal room to get to cover.

Your weapons continued to increase in temperature if this continued sooner or later they would become useless, anything that could be classified as a weapon where heating up, including knives and Fran gasped as she discarded several of them she had kept hidden around her person, Ty winced as e held onto his weapon.
"We need to take the Technomacer and his toy out quickly!"
The Akashic exclaimed.

(OOC: Yes it is an effect that targets the platonic ideal of a weapon, using Prime for the targeting, so anything Nicole or the others see as a weapon that is not a part of their person will start rapidly increase in temperature. This do not include the weapons of Nicole's arms as they are a part of her person, but any other weapon from a gun to a book you intend to hit someone over the head with will get hot.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 11 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Colin grinned, "Ask yourself that next time you pick up the embroidery kit."

"But I...only have the one of them with the plastic needle, they are ok but I do nto think I would dare to embroider one with a metal needle."
Anna said and looked down.
"Though Ange showed me one with a blue dragon..."
She said and smiled a little.
"Perhaps I could do that...if I wore gloves..."

He shrugged, "Perhaps because it is a lot harder to blame disasters on food than on people who are different?"

"Yeah bit it is a little dishonest then to toss a gay family out of the Church and decide to do so over shrimp sandwiches at Sunday lunch."
Case commented.

He smiled sadly, "Sweet, graceful, intelligent, and very lonely... She is a voracious reader, and her bookshelves are impressive."

"She sounds nice, but she needs a friend then if she is lonely."
Case said and smiled a little.

He pondered, "Have you tried cornering him in private and telling him first?"

"No...I am a little afraid to make him angry Sir."
Case commented sadly.

He nodded, "I really think so."

That made the little girl grin happily.

He smiled, "I know, sweetie. It's Dr. Lee who is still unconvinced."

"We will convince him eventually Mentor, when he sees that I am not a Nephandus anymore."
Anna said and smiled. Case looked confused.
"What is a Nephandus? That sounds like a dish of food."
Anna giggled.
"I do not think they are very yummy Case."

He shrugged, "It's actually a religious term originally, I believe - a state of mind in which one receives holy visions and the like. It does not have to involve less... socially appropriate things."

Case nodded at that.
"I have read that it means a different state of consciousness like when one spin around really fast and feel dizzy afterwards Sir."
She commented.

He nodded, "We can at least hope it proves educational."

"Yeah perhaps she will become more nice."
Case said hopefully.

He frowned and commented in a quiet voice, "Funny thing, that, I can recall no Bible passage ever mentioning that issue..."

"Baby Jesus is crying now I am telling you he is crying!"
Case's mother shouted and the little three year old held out a chubby hand with a blue lollipop in.
"I got candy when they put p...p...hard stuff on my owie arm, Jesus can have my lollipop if he is crying!"
The little boy offered and the large woman glared at the child and stomped of leaving the toddler looking rather confused, and his mother looking even more embarrassed.

He nodded, then glanced at Case, "That seems likely, yes... Well, perhaps also to save Case. It seems those two might become close friends in the future..."

"I hope so as well Anna needs more friends her own age, I am glad that in this timeline she have more friends than the vampire girl she will meet in December."
The Cultist said as she went into the storage room while keeping the door open so Anna who where saying hello to a slightly pudgy doctor could still see you.
"So have you learned anything about Mr Jace yet and get gas he is making? So I know where to begin."
The Cultist asked.

(OOC: Sorry Warp I missed your post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:07 pm

"But I...only have the one of them with the plastic needle, they are ok but I do nto think I would dare to embroider one with a metal needle."
Anna said and looked down.
"Though Ange showed me one with a blue dragon..."
She said and smiled a little.
"Perhaps I could do that...if I wore gloves..."
Colin smiled, "It is still progress, even if you don't necessarily realize it yourself. Patience."

"Yeah bit it is a little dishonest then to toss a gay family out of the Church and decide to do so over shrimp sandwiches at Sunday lunch."
Case commented.
He nodded sagely, "That, at least, is a Great Truth..."

"She sounds nice, but she needs a friend then if she is lonely."
Case said and smiled a little.
He nodded, "She has a great, living ship she is bonded with - it's a lot like a very large dolphin, tumbling around in the waves... but it's not much of a conversationalist."

"No...I am a little afraid to make him angry Sir."
Case commented sadly.
He sighed and patted Case lightly on her head, "That... well, I can hardly fault you. But, even if he himself is not quite capable of saying it outright, it would take an unusually callous individual not to appreciate the sentiment, at least... and your father does not sound quite that bad, from what you've told me so far."

"We will convince him eventually Mentor, when he sees that I am not a Nephandus anymore."
Anna said and smiled. Case looked confused.
"What is a Nephandus? That sounds like a dish of food."
Anna giggled.
"I do not think they are very yummy Case."
He shook his head, "A Nephandus is... well, they are in a manner of speaking a doomsday cult, dedicated to the end of the world. They recruit all sorts of people, and work to make the world not exist... They had tricked Anna into their fold when she was a small child; that still leaves a mark on her... but we're working to get rid of that mark. It's the dark flecks in her aura, to be precise."

Case nodded at that.
"I have read that it means a different state of consciousness like when one spin around really fast and feel dizzy afterwards Sir."
She commented.
He half-smiled, "Not exactly that... but close enough for government work, as they say."

"Baby Jesus is crying now I am telling you he is crying!"
Case's mother shouted and the little three year old held out a chubby hand with a blue lollipop in.
"I got candy when they put p...p...hard stuff on my owie arm, Jesus can have my lollipop if he is crying!"
The little boy offered and the large woman glared at the child and stomped of leaving the toddler looking rather confused, and his mother looking even more embarrassed.
He smirked and stepped over to the three year old as Case's mother vanished, "Baby Jesus grew up two thousand years ago. The angry lady is a little confused. You are a kind child, but right now, you need that lollipop more than Jesus does."
He gave the kid a light pat on the head, "Now, you be careful with the owie arm, and grow up a good boy, hm?"

"I hope so as well Anna needs more friends her own age, I am glad that in this timeline she have more friends than the vampire girl she will meet in December."
The Cultist said as she went into the storage room while keeping the door open so Anna who where saying hello to a slightly pudgy doctor could still see you.
"So have you learned anything about Mr Jace yet and get gas he is making? So I know where to begin."
The Cultist asked.
He sighed softly, "Oh, she's got more friends, alright - the problem, to an extent, is finding friends of her own age... friends who are allowed to play with her..."
He nodded as he stepped into the storeroom, "Case told me she'd had a bone marrow sample extracted, and she'd overheard Jace comment that he needed five adults for his... concoction. Apparently, a gas that can disrupt a Mage's link to their Avatar, and he's got an antidote to it, as well - presumably, he's taken the antidote in advance, and has the gas at the ready. As a hypothesis, an airtight bubble should be adequate protection, but if the Chief and company don't know they need that..."

((OOC: 'Sokay, I thought that might be the case. It happens. You spotted it before I complained. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Anja's Post:

On seeing her shots did the job, Nicole retreated back behind the counter. 'If you can do something to stop that woman shooting me for a few seconds... I think I can do it.' she replied. Ditching the pistol before the heat made the rounds explode, then pulling off her glove; revealing a prosthetic hand made from shiny ceramic and rubber "flesh". Positioning herself in a manner which made it clear she was going to jump the counter and rush the enemy once said distraction was done.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "It is still progress, even if you don't necessarily realize it yourself. Patience."

Anna looked down and nodded.
"I guess you are right Mentor."

He nodded sagely, "That, at least, is a Great Truth..."

Case looked at you then she nodded with a sigh.

He nodded, "She has a great, living ship she is bonded with - it's a lot like a very large dolphin, tumbling around in the waves... but it's not much of a conversationalist."

"Wow she really is a Navigator Sir!"
Case exclaimed.
"A great living ship that is so cool have you seen it?"

He sighed and patted Case lightly on her head, "That... well, I can hardly fault you. But, even if he himself is not quite capable of saying it outright, it would take an unusually callous individual not to appreciate the sentiment, at least... and your father does not sound quite that bad, from what you've told me so far."

"No...I love my father Sir, he is not that bad but I am also a little afraid of him."
Case said and sigh.
"But I will try to talk with him."

He shook his head, "A Nephandus is... well, they are in a manner of speaking a doomsday cult, dedicated to the end of the world. They recruit all sorts of people, and work to make the world not exist... They had tricked Anna into their fold when she was a small child; that still leaves a mark on her... but we're working to get rid of that mark. It's the dark flecks in her aura, to be precise."

"They sound really bad Sir...I am glad Anna got away from them then. Do that mean Dr Jace was one of them since he to have those strange black lines around him?"
Case asked. Anna nodded.
"Yeah that is correct, he is a Nephandus and a mean one to from what I have heard."

He half-smiled, "Not exactly that... but close enough for government work, as they say."

Case grinned at that.

He smirked and stepped over to the three year old as Case's mother vanished, "Baby Jesus grew up two thousand years ago. The angry lady is a little confused. You are a kind child, but right now, you need that lollipop more than Jesus does."

"Two...thousand that is allot I can count to twenty and that is more than twenty."
The three year old said and looked down at his fingers then he smiled.
"Ok I will keek my lollipop Sir."
He said and he looked down at his treasure happily.

He gave the kid a light pat on the head, "Now, you be careful with the owie arm, and grow up a good boy, hm?"

The boy's tired looking mother gave you a slight smile her son nodded.
"I will Sir I will be a good boy and then my mother have said we will go out for ice cream the doctors have taken pictures of me...I fell out of a tree you know, did you also fall out of a tree?"
He said and smiled and his mother sigh and say with an apologetic glance at you.
"Now Jacob do not bother the nice man."

He sighed softly, "Oh, she's got more friends, alright - the problem, to an extent, is finding friends of her own age... friends who are allowed to play with her..."

"Many are going to distrust her at least for a while, many will not let their apprentices go near her unfortunately, therefore the friends Anna do have become even more important."
Ange said and glanced at the young mage across the hall.

He nodded as he stepped into the storeroom, "Case told me she'd had a bone marrow sample extracted, and she'd overheard Jace comment that he needed five adults for his... concoction. Apparently, a gas that can disrupt a Mage's link to their Avatar, and he's got an antidote to it, as well - presumably, he's taken the antidote in advance, and has the gas at the ready. As a hypothesis, an airtight bubble should be adequate protection, but if the Chief and company don't know they need that..."

The Cultist shook her head angrily.
"Bone marrow extraction is not something to put a child through unless there is dire need and then only under narcosis if at all possible, what Case's mother have done to her is not acceptable...but yes to the topic at hands such a bubble might help indeed and Chief Morgan should be told about that idea. Yes Jace have the gas at the ready and have an antidote he have taken himself and given to members of his Labyrinth. His drug comes as a gas and as a fluid that can be injected, and it do push an Avatar out of the host, leaving the host in great pain and distress and the Avatar confused, eventually the soul will find it's way back to the host but it takes time, time when the Nephandus can easily take his victim out. In addition to this we found out after the fact that Mr Jace worked with a rather notorious Orphan woman that we believe is Fallen, she is on my Tradition's most wanted list, right on the top as she specialize in kidnapping people, Awakened and unawakened alike and deliver her captives to anyone who can cover her asking prize. We know a first name Lily but little else about her but we know she is rather dangerous. In addition to that I have maps of the hospital and the biochemistry department where Mr Jace was hiding if you are able to memorize such that is."
Ange said and handed you a map of the hospital where some rooms where marked in red.

Nicole:

Fran glanced back at you clearly not happy, one of her arms where still hanging limp from her injury. Antonio glanced at you and nodded he tore out another page of his notebook and handed it to you.
"Another kinetic shield but it was hastily made so it will not last for long."
The Heermetic instructed.

Which one of the two Nephandi are you trying to hit both are hiding in the other room but it is the technomancer with his strange box and the woman with a gun.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:54 pm

'Only need it for a few seconds.' Nicole replied, taking the offered page and shoving it in her pocket. Gave a businesslike nod, then quipped 'Here goes...'

Nicole's plan was a simple, rather foolhardy one. To vault over the counter, then run at full speed towards the armed woman. Ideally, using any areas on route which obscured the Fallen's targeting. Crouching into a tackling poise, willing as instructed to activate the knives.

With any luck, the bitch was about to experience a collision with a heavy Nicole-shaped object while a set of blades dug into her throat...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:08 pm

"Wow she really is a Navigator Sir!"
Case exclaimed.
"A great living ship that is so cool have you seen it?"
He nodded, "I've seen a couple of them, yes; been aboard them, too. They are a bit... strange, though."

"They sound really bad Sir...I am glad Anna got away from them then. Do that mean Dr Jace was one of them since he to have those strange black lines around him?"
Case asked. Anna nodded.
"Yeah that is correct, he is a Nephandus and a mean one to from what I have heard."
He nodded, "He was a very bad man."

The boy's tired looking mother gave you a slight smile her son nodded.
"I will Sir I will be a good boy and then my mother have said we will go out for ice cream the doctors have taken pictures of me...I fell out of a tree you know, did you also fall out of a tree?"
He said and smiled and his mother sigh and say with an apologetic glance at you.
"Now Jacob do not bother the nice man."
He gave the mother a thin smile, "Oh, no, it's quite alright - in fact, I far prefer that children are allowed to ask, than that they're told not to."
He grinned at the boy, "No, I fell out of the sky... I flew a helicopter, and someone shot a rocket at me. It's alright, though; it hurt for a while, but nobody else got hurt."
He winked conspiratorially, "Would you like to touch the scars?"

"Many are going to distrust her at least for a while, many will not let their apprentices go near her unfortunately, therefore the friends Anna do have become even more important."
Ange said and glanced at the young mage across the hall.
He nodded, "She needs healthy relationships, about as much as she needs therapy for her fears."

The Cultist shook her head angrily.
"Bone marrow extraction is not something to put a child through unless there is dire need and then only under narcosis if at all possible, what Case's mother have done to her is not acceptable...but yes to the topic at hands such a bubble might help indeed and Chief Morgan should be told about that idea. Yes Jace have the gas at the ready and have an antidote he have taken himself and given to members of his Labyrinth. His drug comes as a gas and as a fluid that can be injected, and it do push an Avatar out of the host, leaving the host in great pain and distress and the Avatar confused, eventually the soul will find it's way back to the host but it takes time, time when the Nephandus can easily take his victim out. In addition to this we found out after the fact that Mr Jace worked with a rather notorious Orphan woman that we believe is Fallen, she is on my Tradition's most wanted list, right on the top as she specialize in kidnapping people, Awakened and unawakened alike and deliver her captives to anyone who can cover her asking prize. We know a first name Lily but little else about her but we know she is rather dangerous. In addition to that I have maps of the hospital and the biochemistry department where Mr Jace was hiding if you are able to memorize such that is."
Ange said and handed you a map of the hospital where some rooms where marked in red.
He frowned, "That explains how we lost a Deacon first time around the loop... Hum, we'll have to be on the lookout for this Lily, then - I don't suppose you know where she might have been over the past six weeks or so? As for the maps... I can certainly try - I've got a fairly good memory, but just in case I can't reach the Chief from the bubble, could you make sure to let your past self know, as well, so you can alert him when they arrive?"
He fished out his phone and checked the date and time, "Even if I don't recall accurately, I should be able to take a moment to scry on this moment when I get back, to double-check the map. The tricky bit will be conveying it to the others... If he's got supplies of the gas in the Labyrinth, I think the Handler will be able to help neutralize that, but here at the hospital, not so simple..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Nicole:

'Only need it for a few seconds.' Nicole replied, taking the offered page and shoving it in her pocket. Gave a businesslike nod, then quipped 'Here goes...'

"Very well please be careful."
Antonio said and nodded.

Nicole's plan was a simple, rather foolhardy one. To vault over the counter, then run at full speed towards the armed woman. Ideally, using any areas on route which obscured the Fallen's targeting. Crouching into a tackling poise, willing as instructed to activate the knives.

With any luck, the bitch was about to experience a collision with a heavy Nicole-shaped object while a set of blades dug into her throat...

There where no cover between you and the woman, you rush towards her through and she fire several bullets at you, all of them where stopped by Antonio's kinetic shield, but you could almost see the protection wavering. The woman you where targeting where tall, she was of middle years and pretty with shoulder length curly dark hair in a ponytail, dark brown skin, large brown, almond shaped eyes and full lips, she wore a long, dark blue sweater and black jeans. You launce for the woman but she manage to step out of the way, she was quite nimble and she discarded her gun in favor of a knife in her belt that she used to slice open her own skin with, quickly casting a spell as she moved and you could feel yourself getting sick, it was not to bad yet but you felt like you had eaten something you should not have.

The third Nephandus a tall, thin man with ratty black hair and small gray eyes wearing an overall moved to try to kick you as hard as he could between the legs with his knee, hey it works on women as well, but it did not work to well he lacked enough force in the blow to hurt you though your thick clothes and he swore and tried to back off.

(OOC: No health levels lost they did not roll to well.)

Colin:

He nodded, "I've seen a couple of them, yes; been aboard them, too. They are a bit... strange, though."

"That must have been fun Sir...are the ships big?"
Case asked with wonder in her eyes.

He nodded, "He was a very bad man."

Anna nodded at that.
"Yeah he was he deserve a cactus up his."
Case gave her a stern look and Anna dropped what she was about to say.

He gave the mother a thin smile, "Oh, no, it's quite alright - in fact, I far prefer that children are allowed to ask, than that they're told not to."

The young woman gave you a slight smile.
"Very well Sir as long as it do not bother you."

He grinned at the boy, "No, I fell out of the sky... I flew a helicopter, and someone shot a rocket at me. It's alright, though; it hurt for a while, but nobody else got hurt."
He winked conspiratorially, "Would you like to touch the scars?"

"I like helicopters."
The little boy said then he got a stern look on his face.
"Shooting rockets at people is very rude Sir I am glad you are ok."
At the question of whatever he would like to touch your scars he smiled again.
"Yes please."
He said and held out his little chubby hand towards you.

He nodded, "She needs healthy relationships, about as much as she needs therapy for her fears."

"Agreed, and healthy relationships will be a part of her therapy and will help her come to terms with what she have experienced."

He frowned, "That explains how we lost a Deacon first time around the loop... Hum, we'll have to be on the lookout for this Lily, then - I don't suppose you know where she might have been over the past six weeks or so?

"Indeed the gas can explain our losses the first time around the loop let us hope it can be avoided this time. I do not know where this Lily is or I would have organized a strike team to go after her, but if she is encountered be careful our rapports say she is both old and powerful."
Ange said and frowned.

As for the maps... I can certainly try - I've got a fairly good memory, but just in case I can't reach the Chief from the bubble, could you make sure to let your past self know, as well, so you can alert him when they arrive?"

"I will do so."
The Cultist promised simply.

He fished out his phone and checked the date and time, "Even if I don't recall accurately, I should be able to take a moment to scry on this moment when I get back, to double-check the map. The tricky bit will be conveying it to the others... If he's got supplies of the gas in the Labyrinth, I think the Handler will be able to help neutralize that, but here at the hospital, not so simple..."

"No here at the hospital it will not be so simple indeed this will be his domain."
The Cultist said. The time sowed that it was 12/10 2015 and that the time was 15:45 in the afternoon.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:34 pm

"It is the Gauntlet Miss Olsen, the curtain between our world and the spirit world."
Jane said and Rosa smiled.
"You are right Jane, you are quite claver."
The young Cultist said and Jane grinned.

"Damn, I would've never have gotten that. Nice job Jane!" Serge said praising the young girl. He squinted his eyes at the picture trying to figure out how it represented the mystical spirit gauntlet that he had often heard about. He assumed he was simply missing the symbolic meaning behind the window.

"It is my turn then?"
The girl asked.

"Yup! Go ahead and pick something from the pile Jane." Serge said cheerfully.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Anja's Post:

All eyes for the black woman; the guy's kick barely registered, only causing a slight look of discomfort in the large woman. Moving fast to stop her doing any other shit; shove, kick, slash or stab - whatever presented itself first. Trying to ignore the feelings within.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Serge:

"Damn, I would've never have gotten that. Nice job Jane!" Serge said praising the young girl. He squinted his eyes at the picture trying to figure out how it represented the mystical spirit gauntlet that he had often heard about. He assumed he was simply missing the symbolic meaning behind the window.

"Opening the Gauntlet is like opening a window into the spirit world."
Rosa explained and Jane smiled a little at your praise.

"Yup! Go ahead and pick something from the pile Jane." Serge said cheerfully.

The little girl nodded and took a piece of paper and started drawing a blue fuzzy something with a small circle on top, rounded ears and a mouth and a big bow around it's neck the thing looking very fuzzy and cuddly.

Nicole:

All eyes for the black woman; the guy's kick barely registered, only causing a slight look of discomfort in the large woman. Moving fast to stop her doing any other shit; shove, kick, slash or stab - whatever presented itself first. Trying to ignore the feelings within.

The woman moved quickly but you managed to grab her by the shoulder and show her towards the doorframe, this room had been the back room to the store but now it was empty save for a wall hanging showing symbols sewn on tan fabric in red thread on the back wall, that wall really did not feel right. You manage to stab the woman in the shoulder and she cried out and returned the favor with her knife aiming for you rather upset guts.

Do Nicole want to try to dodge the stab or how do she wish to react to it?

The Fallen technomancer retreated a few steps he pulled something that looked like a calculator with radio tubes on top out of his pocket and started pressing buttons furiously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 pm

"Opening the Gauntlet is like opening a window into the spirit world."
Rosa explained and Jane smiled a little at your praise.

"Ohhh yeah now I see it." Serge said smiling despite revealing his ineptitude with the nature of spirits.

The little girl nodded and took a piece of paper and started drawing a blue fuzzy something with a small circle on top, rounded ears and a mouth and a big bow around it's neck the thing looking very fuzzy and cuddly.

Serge once again had no idea and had to resist the urge to take a peek at Jane's page with the help of magick, knowing full well that Rosa would probably notice.

He decided to remain silent again but this time he made sure to glance at Liv, who he knew was at the greatest disadvantage, especially since her little translator was now drawing the picture. If she made any signs of knowing the answer he would let everyone know.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:59 pm

Anja's Post:

Suppressing the urge to become re-acquainted with breakfast, Nicole will either dodge or parry the woman's blade; lashing out with a booted foot being her preferred option [unless another option is more suitable]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:05 pm

Serge:

"Ohhh yeah now I see it." Serge said smiling despite revealing his ineptitude with the nature of spirits.

"I do not know how that works either Cousin but it is how the others here talk."
Rosa said and she gave a warm smile.

He decided to remain silent again but this time he made sure to glance at Liv, who he knew was at the greatest disadvantage, especially since her little translator was now drawing the picture. If she made any signs of knowing the answer he would let everyone know.

Liv smiled at you when you let everyone know she had the answer then she pointed to Jane's dolls who had been part of the earlier tea party, one of them where a big, green teddy bear with a bow around it's neck. Jane grinned and showed her note that said Teddy Bear on it. Liv smiled and took a note from the pile and reached for the box of crayons and started drawing something that was obviously a hammer with a bright, purple handle.

Nicole:

Suppressing the urge to become re-acquainted with breakfast, Nicole will either dodge or parry the woman's blade; lashing out with a booted foot being her preferred option [unless another option is more suitable]

You manage to quickly bring your cybernetic arm down and you heard the woman's knife meet metal and the blade broke, the Fallen blood witch hissed and went for your eyes in rage, do not mess with a Verbena's knives your Mentor had told you and it certainly had gotten this one angry at least when angry she was not paying as much attention to what you where doing.

The other Nephandus was still pressing buttons on his device as quickly as he could as Antonio and Fran hurried into the small room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:14 pm

Liv smiled at you when you let everyone know she had the answer then she pointed to Jane's dolls who had been part of the earlier tea party, one of them where a big, green teddy bear with a bow around it's neck. Jane grinned and showed her note that said Teddy Bear on it. Liv smiled and took a note from the pile and reached for the box of crayons and started drawing something that was obviously a hammer with a bright, purple handle.

"Malleus? I think that's hammer in lain." Serge said sheepishly. He was staring at his phone where he had written hammer into Google translate and translated it into Latin.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:39 pm

"That must have been fun Sir...are the ships big?"
Case asked with wonder in her eyes.
Colin shrugged, "I'm afraid I didn't get to have much fun, as such... both times were dangerous, infiltrating them in a rather nasty war. Ah, our side doesn't really have those ships, though I suppose we fathomably could get them, if someone was willing to graft themselves permanently into one of the creatures that make up those craft... But yes, they are big, and there are... mostly human-looking body parts sticking out of the walls everywhere."

Anna nodded at that.
"Yeah he was he deserve a cactus up his."
Case gave her a stern look and Anna dropped what she was about to say.
He nodded sagely, "Up his everything, really..."

The young woman gave you a slight smile.
"Very well Sir as long as it do not bother you."
He smiled, "Not at all."

"I like helicopters."
The little boy said then he got a stern look on his face.
"Shooting rockets at people is very rude Sir I am glad you are ok."
At the question of whatever he would like to touch your scars he smiled again.
"Yes please."
He said and held out his little chubby hand towards you.
He grinned, "I like them, too - I still fly them from time to time, but with a lot fewer people wanting to shoot me down. And yes, it was very rude when I was shot down like that - the person didn't even let me know he didn't like me before things went boom."
He crouched down a little and leaned forward to meet the hand, "See? They're a little thicker and stiffer than the rest of my face, but I can still smile."

"Agreed, and healthy relationships will be a part of her therapy and will help her come to terms with what she have experienced."
He smiled wryly, "And perhaps in twenty years, she can help me pinpoint the moment just before her mother's death and swap her out with a simulacrum good enough to trick her previous Mentor..."

"Indeed the gas can explain our losses the first time around the loop let us hope it can be avoided this time. I do not know where this Lily is or I would have organized a strike team to go after her, but if she is encountered be careful our rapports say she is both old and powerful."
Ange said and frowned.
He frowned, "I am guessing the reason she is such an affront to you is hidden in the name - she used to be one of yours before she Fell?"

"I will do so."
The Cultist promised simply.
He nodded, "Thank you... He's probably going to be exasperated at future me's meddling in the timestream... but I think however bad I get it, the Paradox will still be worth it..."

"No here at the hospital it will not be so simple indeed this will be his domain."
The Cultist said. The time sowed that it was 12/10 2015 and that the time was 15:45 in the afternoon.
He nodded, "October 12th, quarter to four in the afternoon... 'tag', as it were... Let me see that map again?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Anja's Post:

As she blocked the blade with her right arm - and the Fallen's eye was on that - it meant they weren't watching Nicole's other arm, which formed into a fist and was on it's way to their head.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:08 am

Nicole:

As she blocked the blade with her right arm - and the Fallen's eye was on that - it meant they weren't watching Nicole's other arm, which formed into a fist and was on it's way to their head.

You form your hand into a fist and bring it to the distracted Nephandi woman's jaw and you heard the sound of something breaking, the woman screamed and staggered backwards grabbing her head, she seamed rather confused and was dazed for the moment.

Antonio attacked the Fallen technomancer and managed to wrestle the man to the ground, but the Nephandus managed to press one more key on his device before he went down, and then the symbols on the tapestry in the back started glowing a deep red. Fran swore and rushed in to help Antonio hold the man down but it seamed to be to late he had done something.

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "I'm afraid I didn't get to have much fun, as such... both times were dangerous, infiltrating them in a rather nasty war. Ah, our side doesn't really have those ships, though I suppose we fathomably could get them, if someone was willing to graft themselves permanently into one of the creatures that make up those craft... But yes, they are big, and there are... mostly human-looking body parts sticking out of the walls everywhere."

Case's eyes went wide.
"There are body parts on the ship Sir and someone have to bind themselves to it? Also what war are you talking about? Do mages have a war?"
She asked.

He nodded sagely, "Up his everything, really..."

Anna nodded darkly to that.
"He gets all the cactus."
She grumbled.

He smiled, "Not at all."

The woman smiled a little uncertain but she nodded.

He grinned, "I like them, too - I still fly them from time to time, but with a lot fewer people wanting to shoot me down. And yes, it was very rude when I was shot down like that - the person didn't even let me know he didn't like me before things went boom."

"That is cool Sir...helicopters fly and go around and around."
The little boy said happily then he took on a stern expression.
"Yeah they where very rude they get time out and no cookies."
He declared doling out what he felt was a proper punishment for such rudeness.

He crouched down a little and leaned forward to meet the hand, "See? They're a little thicker and stiffer than the rest of my face, but I can still smile."

The young child gently touched your scars and he smiled.
"They feel like gummy worms Sir."
He said and his mother looked rather embarrassed again she had no time to say anything to correct her child though for Louisa opened the door to one of the examination rooms and said.
"Jacob Rosenberg..."
The little boy looked at you and smiled again.
"I have to go now Sir they are taking more picture of my owie arm."
He said.
"Then I will be having ice cream."

He smiled wryly, "And perhaps in twenty years, she can help me pinpoint the moment just before her mother's death and swap her out with a simulacrum good enough to trick her previous Mentor..."

"An interesting plan Mr Wainwright, a dangerous one but interesting non the less, good luck with that."
Ange said and smiled.

He frowned, "I am guessing the reason she is such an affront to you is hidden in the name - she used to be one of yours before she Fell?"

"She did hide among us once yes, but she is a widderslainte, not a Nephandus...and do not underestimate her this is not one like Miss Alexander who fight her darker nature, she revel in it but yes she used to hide among us and she is a great shame to our Tradition, we can not tolerate a once Cultist now being a slaver."
The Cultist said with disgust and anger in her voice.

He nodded, "Thank you... He's probably going to be exasperated at future me's meddling in the timestream... but I think however bad I get it, the Paradox will still be worth it..."

She nodded at that.
"You are going to have to be the judge on whatever it is worth it or not, but your meddling might save lives and that might indeed be worth it."

He nodded, "October 12th, quarter to four in the afternoon... 'tag', as it were... Let me see that map again?"

Ange nodded and she handed you the maps again.

As you looked at the maps, then suddenly you where back in the Handler's chamber with Dalisse standing next to you looking concerned, and you heard the sound of your phone ringing.

Serge:

"Malleus? I think that's hammer in lain." Serge said sheepishly. He was staring at his phone where he had written hammer into Google translate and translated it into Latin.

Liv looked at you and nodded.
"Verum."
She said and smiled and handed you the note where the word hammer was written on it.
"It is your turn again then Sir."
Jane said happily.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was not feeling well last night and fell asleep early and I had a few things to take care of early this morning.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:42 am

Case's eyes went wide.
"There are body parts on the ship Sir and someone have to bind themselves to it? Also what war are you talking about? Do mages have a war?"
She asked.
Colin nodded, "The ship has eyes and ears and... other bits on the walls. And we do have a war... it's complicated, and you would not quite understand it all yet, but we're fighting to keep the world alive."

"That is cool Sir...helicopters fly and go around and around."
The little boy said happily then he took on a stern expression.
"Yeah they where very rude they get time out and no cookies."
He declared doling out what he felt was a proper punishment for such rudeness.
He nodded sagely, "Oh, they did not get dessert for a week, I'm sure."

The young child gently touched your scars and he smiled.
"They feel like gummy worms Sir."
He said and his mother looked rather embarrassed again she had no time to say anything to correct her child though for Louisa opened the door to one of the examination rooms and said.
"Jacob Rosenberg..."
The little boy looked at you and smiled again.
"I have to go now Sir they are taking more picture of my owie arm."
He said.
"Then I will be having ice cream."
He smiled, "You know, you're right about that... they do feel like gummy worms."
He gave the boy a small wave of his hand as the mother carried him off to the examination room, "Bye, Jacob, and enjoy the ice cream."

"An interesting plan Mr Wainwright, a dangerous one but interesting non the less, good luck with that."
Ange said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "She prayed to me that day, thinking I was Hephaestus, to save her mother... I couldn't then, but I can certainly try in the future..."

"She did hide among us once yes, but she is a widderslainte, not a Nephandus...and do not underestimate her this is not one like Miss Alexander who fight her darker nature, she revel in it but yes she used to hide among us and she is a great shame to our Tradition, we can not tolerate a once Cultist now being a slaver."
The Cultist said with disgust and anger in her voice.
He nodded, "I've met widderslainte of that caliber, too - Miss Alexander is an anomaly, but thank Heavens, she is not unique. There were a few others I met during the troubles, but most seem to be... rather fulfilling the stereotype. Hum... I presume the reward for finding and bringing Lily in would be great?"

She nodded at that.
"You are going to have to be the judge on whatever it is worth it or not, but your meddling might save lives and that might indeed be worth it."
He nodded, "Saving lives is almost always worth any personal risk..."

Ange nodded and she handed you the maps again.

As you looked at the maps, then suddenly you where back in the Handler's chamber with Dalisse standing next to you looking concerned, and you heard the sound of your phone ringing.
He squinted at the maps that suddenly vanished, and his eyes widened a little as he stared into Dalisse's instead, "Oh, bugger, sorry! Er, phone... wait, time bubble? No matter... Excuse me..."
He glanced at the caller ID and answered, "Yes, speaking?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:57 pm

Colin nodded, "The ship has eyes and ears and... other bits on the walls. And we do have a war... it's complicated, and you would not quite understand it all yet, but we're fighting to keep the world alive."

Case looked quite concerned.
"That sounds quite serious Sir. Wars are not a good thing."
She said then she sigh.
"The ship you talk about sounds really interesting though."

He nodded sagely, "Oh, they did not get dessert for a week, I'm sure."

"Good...good they did not deserve any dessert Sir."
The young boy said and nodded in complete agreement.

He smiled, "You know, you're right about that... they do feel like gummy worms."
He gave the boy a small wave of his hand as the mother carried him off to the examination room, "Bye, Jacob, and enjoy the ice cream."

Jacob smiled at his mother still looked a little uncertain about the situation, as the young woman lifted her son and carried him into the examination room Jacob waved to you with his good arm.
"Bye bye Sir...I will!"
He said happily.

He smiled wryly, "She prayed to me that day, thinking I was Hephaestus, to save her mother... I couldn't then, but I can certainly try in the future..."

"That is a kind sentiment Colin, perhaps you where the embodiment of who she thought you where for her that day."
Ange said and smiled enigmatically.

He nodded, "I've met widderslainte of that caliber, too - Miss Alexander is an anomaly, but thank Heavens, she is not unique. There were a few others I met during the troubles, but most seem to be... rather fulfilling the stereotype. Hum... I presume the reward for finding and bringing Lily in would be great?"

"Most widderslainte are little monsters, born with a evil they can not control, but there are a few out there like Miss Alexander."
The Cultist said then she nodded.
"Indeed if someone could manage to bring Lily in they would likely be granted any favor they could wish for from the Lady of Balador herself, however doing so will not be an easy task, we do not know how old the wman is but she have lived for quite some time, and she is very powerful. Her greatest weakness seam to be her apprentices, she choose a widderslainte child from time to time to keep with her, and lately rapports say she have been seen with a young woman the Traditions targeted but could not find by the name of Julianna Essen, this girl is not likely to be that powerful and Lily is known to take great risks to protect her chosen ones."

He nodded, "Saving lives is almost always worth any personal risk..."

"So it is Mr Wainwright...so it is."
Ange said in agreement.

He squinted at the maps that suddenly vanished, and his eyes widened a little as he stared into Dalisse's instead, "Oh, bugger, sorry! Er, phone... wait, time bubble? No matter... Excuse me..."
He glanced at the caller ID and answered, "Yes, speaking?"

"I guess you can call it a form of time bubble yes though the time distortion is not great, it is just meant to be enough to give us a leg up on Lady Larson."
Dalisse said.
"Yes off course answer you call."
She said clearly concerned for your well being.

You answered the phone and heard Ange's voice it was a little distorted asif there where a time lag when speaking.
"Have you made it safely back to the present Colin?"
The Cultist asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:29 pm

Case looked quite concerned.
"That sounds quite serious Sir. Wars are not a good thing."
She said then she sigh.
"The ship you talk about sounds really interesting though."
He nodded, "We have lots of other kinds of ships, though - everything from sleek sci-fi starships to sailing ships that can fly. I even was aboard one that is a giant tree once."

Jacob smiled at his mother still looked a little uncertain about the situation, as the young woman lifted her son and carried him into the examination room Jacob waved to you with his good arm.
"Bye bye Sir...I will!"
He said happily.
He smiled, "And good day to you, Mrs. Rosenberg."

"That is a kind sentiment Colin, perhaps you where the embodiment of who she thought you where for her that day."
Ange said and smiled enigmatically.
He shrugged, "Perhaps... The important thing is, I was projected to that time, and she saw me... and I received what she offered me - a beautiful wooden doll her mother made. She got that back, though, since I haven't saved her mother yet..."

"Most widderslainte are little monsters, born with a evil they can not control, but there are a few out there like Miss Alexander."
The Cultist said then she nodded.
"Indeed if someone could manage to bring Lily in they would likely be granted any favor they could wish for from the Lady of Balador herself, however doing so will not be an easy task, we do not know how old the wman is but she have lived for quite some time, and she is very powerful. Her greatest weakness seam to be her apprentices, she choose a widderslainte child from time to time to keep with her, and lately rapports say she have been seen with a young woman the Traditions targeted but could not find by the name of Julianna Essen, this girl is not likely to be that powerful and Lily is known to take great risks to protect her chosen ones."
He pondered, "Hum... I will do what I can. I could certainly put such a favour to good use."

"I guess you can call it a form of time bubble yes though the time distortion is not great, it is just meant to be enough to give us a leg up on Lady Larson."
Dalisse said.
"Yes off course answer you call."
She said clearly concerned for your well being.
He smiled thinly, "I just visited October 12th this year - my apprentice's newest friend had a bit of trouble, and I needed to get some information for now..."

You answered the phone and heard Ange's voice it was a little distorted asif there where a time lag when speaking.
"Have you made it safely back to the present Colin?"
The Cultist asked.
He smiled wryly, "I have, doctor - there's a slight time distortion, but it's not bad enough to muck up the signal entirely... Thank you for the heads up, I'll have to quickly doodle that floor plan, unless you have a copy to pass on to the Chief. And I will see what I can do about any of the gas on board, if there's any here..."

((OOC: Cultists and Colin - we're finishing conversations six weeks before they begin... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:36 pm

Liv looked at you and nodded.
"Verum."
She said and smiled and handed you the note where the word hammer was written on it.
"It is your turn again then Sir."
Jane said happily.

"Hooray!" Serge cheered as he continued the game by picking another piece of paper from the pile and looking at it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 pm

Colin:

He nodded, "We have lots of other kinds of ships, though - everything from sleek sci-fi starships to sailing ships that can fly. I even was aboard one that is a giant tree once."

"That is so cool Sir, can you pilot these ships?"
Case asked.
"I would love to see those ships at some point in time."

He smiled, "And good day to you, Mrs. Rosenberg."

The young mother gave you another tired but friendly smile.
"And to you as well Sir."
She said as her son happily exclaimed to Louisa.
"That man there can fly a helicopter and you can turn a helicopter upside down and make milkshake with them"
He said and Louise laugh a little.
"Is that so...ok can you be a good boy for me and sit still while I take your picture I promise it will not hurt it is just like getting your picture taken only it takes pictures of the inside."
The nurse said before she closed the door to the examination room.

He shrugged, "Perhaps... The important thing is, I was projected to that time, and she saw me... and I received what she offered me - a beautiful wooden doll her mother made. She got that back, though, since I haven't saved her mother yet..."

"I think there was a meaning with you meeting Anna that day, perhaps that meaning is that one day you will be able to save her mother or perhaps some other reason for your meeting Anna that day will eventually become clear to you."
Ange said.

He pondered, "Hum... I will do what I can. I could certainly put such a favour to good use."

"So you probably could and if anyone could come up with some smart solution it would be you Colin but try not to get yourself killed, my young student are really starting to like you and I need someone to keep the kid out of trouble."
Ange said with a but of a humerus grin.
"Honestly though be careful, Lily makes ehm...videos, the kind that really serve only one purpose, normally I do not mind that at all as long as everyone involved are consenting adults, but with this woman's creations very few are doing it of their own free will, and eventually it turns into snuff...let us just say that the ones she sells are the lucky ones and she is particularly fond of not letting the ones that go after her get lucky."
The Cultist said with disgust and worry in her pretty eyes.

He smiled thinly, "I just visited October 12th this year - my apprentice's newest friend had a bit of trouble, and I needed to get some information for now..."

"I see...well as long as you are ok Colin."
Dalisse said.
"What you just stood staring into nothing for thirty seconds I got concerned."

He smiled wryly, "I have, doctor - there's a slight time distortion, but it's not bad enough to muck up the signal entirely... Thank you for the heads up, I'll have to quickly doodle that floor plan, unless you have a copy to pass on to the Chief. And I will see what I can do about any of the gas on board, if there's any here..."

"I do have the map but getting it to Master Morgan might be hard, about that do you happen to have the number of his apprentice Mr Roth Hicks, he might be able to open a picture file for his Mentor."
Ange said.
"In either case I called to make sure you got back safely and that you got the information...trying to deal with the gas on the ship would be a boon if you can manage to do so."
She commented.

Serge:

"Hooray!" Serge cheered as he continued the game by picking another piece of paper from the pile and looking at it.

On the paper you picked it said angry Nephandus, though mispelled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 pm

On the paper you picked it said angry Nephandus, though mispelled.

Serge thought for a second, wondering how he would draw something like that. He picked up a pencil and started drawing whatever came to mind.

At first he began to draw a simple angry man with his fist balled up and raised in the air, as if he was shouting at someone who was off the page. Then he started adding the famous Nephandi mutations, placing eyeballs in various strange places on the man and tentacles peeking out of his clothing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 pm

Hospital, October 12th:
"That is so cool Sir, can you pilot these ships?"
Case asked.
"I would love to see those ships at some point in time."
Colin grinned, "I'm learning. They are a little different from helicopters, but there are similarities. And yes, I suppose you just might get to see some of those ships someday."

The young mother gave you another tired but friendly smile.
"And to you as well Sir."
She said as her son happily exclaimed to Louisa.
"That man there can fly a helicopter and you can turn a helicopter upside down and make milkshake with them"
He said and Louise laugh a little.
"Is that so...ok can you be a good boy for me and sit still while I take your picture I promise it will not hurt it is just like getting your picture taken only it takes pictures of the inside."
The nurse said before she closed the door to the examination room.
He nodded sagely at Jacob's enthusiastic statements.

"I think there was a meaning with you meeting Anna that day, perhaps that meaning is that one day you will be able to save her mother or perhaps some other reason for your meeting Anna that day will eventually become clear to you."
Ange said.
He nodded, "Probably several purposes, including finding her doll so I could reinforce her faith in me..."

"So you probably could and if anyone could come up with some smart solution it would be you Colin but try not to get yourself killed, my young student are really starting to like you and I need someone to keep the kid out of trouble."
Ange said with a but of a humerus grin.
"Honestly though be careful, Lily makes ehm...videos, the kind that really serve only one purpose, normally I do not mind that at all as long as everyone involved are consenting adults, but with this woman's creations very few are doing it of their own free will, and eventually it turns into snuff...let us just say that the ones she sells are the lucky ones and she is particularly fond of not letting the ones that go after her get lucky."
The Cultist said with disgust and worry in her pretty eyes.
He frowned, "Ah, that sort of video... hum... depending on what sort of recording setup she has, it might be possible to track her by background noise and items in the background - like various police agencies do with child abuse photos and videos. As for Mr. Yager, he's a good kid - he helped a distraught former Nephanda by drawing a few pictures to tug at her heartstrings, did he tell you about that? The poor woman, she had nothing left but a void and her memories..."

Back in the Labyrinth, Now:
"I see...well as long as you are ok Colin."
Dalisse said.
"What you just stood staring into nothing for thirty seconds I got concerned."
He nodded, "I was dragged to another point in time, mentally - it's happened a few times this week, and it's always been informative..."

"I do have the map but getting it to Master Morgan might be hard, about that do you happen to have the number of his apprentice Mr Roth Hicks, he might be able to open a picture file for his Mentor."
Ange said.
"In either case I called to make sure you got back safely and that you got the information...trying to deal with the gas on the ship would be a boon if you can manage to do so."
She commented.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, he does have some technical difficulties as such... I will send you the number as soon as I hang up. And I will speak with you later regarding my apprentice. I will be needing some help from your friend in the CPS to expedite the adoption, too..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next