Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 24 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Adley Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:02 pm

"I will take care of restraining him, but damn is it not ironic a blood witch carrying around a technomantic potion, however this shit flows like syrup are you sure the shit can actually be infected into someone?" The Verbena asked

"Yes, it can."

"Do we give him this shit and hope that thing is created by active magick or..." And that is how far the Verbena came as the spirit rushed forward with disturbing speed, she pushed Adjan out of the way so hard that the Euthanathos flew into a nearby wall and sank to the ground stunned, the thing had terrible strength and it rushed the Verbena and punched an oily hand through her abdomen, grabbed her spine and ripped it out though the front of her body. Ravenblood did not even have the time to scream, you only saw a spray of blood and then the Verbena lay on the ground with most of her entrails and a good part of her spine outside of her body
"Fuck...get the serum give it to the bastard I will try to hold her of...if this thing is a manifestation of the asshole's mind then I might be able to do something."
Ange said she looked rather shocked Raven's blood where splattered all over her clothes and face.
"Hurry!

Fast. There hadn't been even a slimmest chance of interception, of helping the woman. She was torn apart right in front of his eyes. Adjan, maybe dead too. Everything in his brain came to a screeching halt and left a sort of ringing sound in its place. But his body was still moving on its own accord towards the woman and when Ange said to finish the job, impetus carried him and he rocketed towards Jace, despite the fact he could very well be next for the thing to rip his head off. It didn't even register. Get the syringe, apply to correct muscle area. (Try not to die or get/see others killed was a hope).

// ah that's it, don't speak latin in front of the books lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 24 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 pm

"Well it was you who said you would not have gotten along with Miss Alexander Serge that you would be rivals that do not sound like friendly competition to me for yeah friendly competition can be fun and helpful but that do not mean one is not getting along."
Rosa said and raised and eyebrow.

"Perhaps that was a bit of an exaggeration on my part." Serge admitted sheepishly.

"I am sure tropes show up in real life at times Serge but that do not mean one should assume that will be the case that if you meet another artist you will end up in the grand rivals relationship with them like oh what was their names...ehm...Yugi and Kaiba from Yu Gi Oh, that is not generally what happens in real life."
Rosa said and Jane looked a little confused.
"What are a trope Sir?"
The little girl asked.

"Patterns that you find in tv and other stories." Serge began to explain.

"Stories have been around for so long that many of them borrow off of one another. You can find a lot of similar elements and patterns within stories. Like how good guys fight the bad guys, or how a group of chosen ones is trying to save the world, or how the knight saves the damsel in distress." Serge explained.

"It's not always guaranteed. Storyteller's are always trying to surprise their audience by changing what they expect. Like having the princess save the knight or showing the point of view of the bad guy. But typically you can similarities between all stories."

"Well perhaps she will not mind she is a tolerant woman, I now my own Mentor might have a problem with it at least."
Rosa said and sigh then she looked at the little girls and said.
"You met the Chief's new apprentice you said? Miss Alexander are the same as him."
She said and the girls looked at her, curious but to polite to nag for an explanation.

"I see..." Serge said, understanding a little more.

"Well Kyle was pretty awesome so I'm sure Miss Alexander will be as well." he said with a smile, showing no sign that it bothered him in the slightest.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Adley:

"Yes, it can."

Ravenblood nodded though she still looked skeptical, to bad making that skeptical look was one of the last things the Verbena blood witch ever did in this life.

Fast. There hadn't been even a slimmest chance of interception, of helping the woman. She was torn apart right in front of his eyes. Adjan, maybe dead too. Everything in his brain came to a screeching halt and left a sort of ringing sound in its place. But his body was still moving on its own accord towards the woman and when Ange said to finish the job, impetus carried him and he rocketed towards Jace, despite the fact he could very well be next for the thing to rip his head off. It didn't even register. Get the syringe, apply to correct muscle area. (Try not to die or get/see others killed was a hope).

The bottle of serum and the syringe still in it's packaging where clutched in Ravenblood's still twitching hand, you got them easy enough though. You felt more that saw that spirit turn towards you, in another second you would be dead, it clearly considered the serum to be a threat, then the little oil girl stopped and cried out, you think you had seen Ange put something in her mouth but you where not sure, the Cultist did not say anything or move though, not that you had the time to study her working but she where doing something. The familiar sound of your Mentor chanting was heard behind you along with the same words in the softer, melodious voice of Mara, perhaps there was a chance that if Ange's spell could keep the thing busy the two older Hermetics could banish it...but it was just as likely the foul thing would break free and rip you all apart unless you could somehow stop the unconscious magus manifesting her. You had to get the syringe ready and filled, reach jace and inject him and then wait for the second or two it took to work, at least you now knew how to do it which would save a few moments of confusion or a mistake perhaps having had to do this to your new brother would now end up saving your life...if you where quick enough. Ange had bought you a few moments, now where the question if that would be enough.

(OOC: I think perhaps dex plus athletics are the right roll to make here to see if Adley can get multiple actions done quickly enough while Ange keep the security system busy.)

Serge:

"Perhaps that was a bit of an exaggeration on my part." Serge admitted sheepishly.

Rosa looked at you for a moment then she raised an eyebrow before she nodded.

"Patterns that you find in tv and other stories." Serge began to explain.

"Stories have been around for so long that many of them borrow off of one another. You can find a lot of similar elements and patterns within stories. Like how good guys fight the bad guys, or how a group of chosen ones is trying to save the world, or how the knight saves the damsel in distress." Serge explained.

"It's not always guaranteed. Storyteller's are always trying to surprise their audience by changing what they expect. Like having the princess save the knight or showing the point of view of the bad guy. But typically you can similarities between all stories."

"I am not claiming there are not wisdom to be found in stories or that they are not filled with old archetypes."
Rosa said and shook her head.
"Stories are great both for entertainment and to learn from, everyone love a good story, we have always told them in one form or the other. What I am saying is that a story is like...a picture on facebook ok, a simplified idea that might have a core of truth in it but which still do not really reflect real life, at least most of them, most of the time there are no chosen ones, there are just people who try to do their best, quite often good do not actually win, not to mention that in real life good and evil is not the cut and dry and is often harder to tell apart than what you see in stories. The real world is complicated."

"I see..." Serge said, understanding a little more.

"Well Kyle was pretty awesome so I'm sure Miss Alexander will be as well." he said with a smile, showing no sign that it bothered him in the slightest.

"Hum...well I guess not all of their kind is a problem, Miss Alexander is kind and sweet and not like the horror stories I have been told, I guess this Kyle is as well. I have not met him yet but Andrew, one of the other apprentices here say he is nice."
Rosa said though she still looked a bit concerned.

Nicole:

An anxious frown. 'It's a device, so mechanical failure due to age is possible.' Nicole replied, wiping her brow with her hand, then on her trousers. 'Draining the power-source option too, it is. But we don't know what source it uses or how solid it's made... this-' holding her rifle up a bit '-is an antique but still functions fine. But kill the thing, and the shield will go down.' Gave a nervous swallow, ran her tongue over her slightly bloody lips.

"Well older weapons like your rifle are harder to kill using change and decay than something new with automatic aiming and lasers scopes and a million detailed little parts...that being said the power source might be harder since we do not know what it is. I will see what I can do about the device though if the man himself can be kept distracted for a moment."
Darrian said as he glanced at your lip and frowned but he said nothing.

'But... the shield is only protecting against bullets and elemental shit - not people going through it.' Here she gave a short, resigned sigh. 'If one of us went through it and took the bastard out at close-quarters... break the logjam, it would. But would leave that one with their ass exposed to the other fuckers to kill them afters.'

"Yes...what I would not give for a really good teleporter right now...hum...perhaps...I am not skilled in that department however Mr Better over there, that is the Hermetic in the green jacket."
The Alchemist said and pointed at a man who stood glaring at the ice wall who several times had shot bullets encased in flame out of his gun at the Labyrinth defenders.
"I think he have such knowledge, is there any chance that if he can open a tiny portal let us say right behind the man with the device's head, that you and put a bullet thought that Miss Bouchard?"
He asked.
"And I will work of dealing with the device itself as a plan B."

Just as the Solificato discussed the new plan Thorn groaned in a sudden discomfort and a look of grief came over his features, a young girl, just a teenager, also a Verbena you would guess with dark curly hair and golden skin, wearing a long, turquoise dress suddenly dropped her weapon and fell the the ground, burying her face in her hands and crying.
"What the hell happened to the witches where they injured?"
Darrian asked. You saw Fran heading over to the young girl asking.
"Violet are you hurt...what is wrong?"
The teenager shook her head.
"I felt her die Miss Mundis...I felt my Mentor die!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:08 pm

"You may be right Colin but the situation worry me, how much sleepers slowly, day by day stop believing in magick, this will give more Paradox and fewer mages."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Colin frowned, "And rightly so, it is a concern... but to be honest, the loss of faith seems to be caused more by distrust of the religious structures than any recruitment and rational argument by the 'pure science' crowd... so that, I think, is the point where we must attack... Treating the symptom rather than the underlying cause is not a very useful approach, after all.""

You sat there with Dalisse who softly moaned in pain in her bed though she was calmer now, then your phone rang, you could see from the caller ID that it was Bruce who where calling.
He frowned and picked up, "Speaking, what can I do for you? Mind you, I am a little busy right now..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Colin frowned, "And rightly so, it is a concern... but to be honest, the loss of faith seems to be caused more by distrust of the religious structures than any recruitment and rational argument by the 'pure science' crowd... so that, I think, is the point where we must attack... Treating the symptom rather than the underlying cause is not a very useful approach, after all.""

Dalisse sigh at that then she nodded.
"Well you may be right Colin. In either case that will be your fight when I have left for the Deep Umbra but at least I hope magick will not be pushed out of reality completely, regardless of how the right tactic for preserving it are."

He frowned and picked up, "Speaking, what can I do for you? Mind you, I am a little busy right now..."

You could hear that the temporal disturbance seamed to have ended for what you heard did not sound distorted anymore, you heard Beatrice's desperately crying in the background.
"Yeah ehm please tell me you are in the Chantry, I have heard Adley is out taking out one of the Nephandi bastards so where are you? Master Nassa is out with a strike team and I am left taking care of Bee, all was calm and then she suddenly started crying, she is so upset and I do not know what to do to calm her...damn it but this can't be good for her!"
The words flew out of the Orphan's mouth.
"Can you do anything?"
He asked desperately Bruce was a nice guy but he was not the best at tricky social interactions.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Anja's Post:

A short pause. 'Not like we have any other options.' Nicole replied, rather quietly for her. On the breakdown of the young woman, she looked over to see if this person was actually present with them.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:59 pm

There where no dead among your party, Thorn had been wounded but that seamed to have been taken care of, Antonio was unconscious but breathing, a few others had been graced by bullets but so far no one was seriously hurt and certainly not killed.
"I think I know what is wrong...sometimes...a mage can feel it if the one who led them to Awakening are seriously hurt or killed."
Darrian said sadly.
"And this is doubly so if they also belong to a Verbena Coven together, they bind themselves magickally to one another through their rituals and a tree they keep together as a focus for their magick."
The alchemist continued.
"It seams not all of our strike teams are fearing well, we are going to have to continue regardless though, if you speak with Mr Better I will begin a working to try to destroy that man's device as a plan B, and hopefully before they get through my ice wall."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:04 pm

A short nod to this; now was not the time to have discussions about mystic stuff. Turned towards this "Mr Better" to see what the plan was.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 pm

The Hermetic looked rather frustrated he seamed to be just done casting a spell for...something, hard to know what, when he noticed you looking at him, he was tall and thin, with a well trimmed beard, dark eyes and brown hair.
"Yes...?"
He asked you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Dalisse sigh at that then she nodded.
"Well you may be right Colin. In either case that will be your fight when I have left for the Deep Umbra but at least I hope magick will not be pushed out of reality completely, regardless of how the right tactic for preserving it are."
Colin nodded, "And it's a fight we'll have to win... but hunting down Atheists by supernatural means, however darkly humorous it might be, is not going to be helpful..."

You could hear that the temporal disturbance seamed to have ended for what you heard did not sound distorted anymore, you heard Beatrice's desperately crying in the background.
"Yeah ehm please tell me you are in the Chantry, I have heard Adley is out taking out one of the Nephandi bastards so where are you? Master Nassa is out with a strike team and I am left taking care of Bee, all was calm and then she suddenly started crying, she is so upset and I do not know what to do to calm her...damn it but this can't be good for her!"
The words flew out of the Orphan's mouth.
"Can you do anything?"
He asked desperately Bruce was a nice guy but he was not the best at tricky social interactions.
He frowned, "I am making friends with the Nephandi Battlecruiser... Unfortunately, that means I can't come over for a while yet... Ah, bloody hell, can you put her on, please? See if I can get through to her?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Colin nodded, "And it's a fight we'll have to win... but hunting down Atheists by supernatural means, however darkly humorous it might be, is not going to be helpful..."

"Well at least they can not be said to be Atheists anymore if they see fireball flinging mages coming after them."
The Handler said sounding amused.

He frowned, "I am making friends with the Nephandi Battlecruiser... Unfortunately, that means I can't come over for a while yet... Ah, bloody hell, can you put her on, please? See if I can get through to her?"

"You are where...fuck...well of course you are."
Bruce said sounding slightly shocked and concerned.
"Yeah I can try."
He said and you heard him speak softer to Bee.
"I have Colin on the phone here ok...I will just hold it to your ear..."
He muttered and you heard Beatrice's mournfully sobbing over the phone, she sounded rather hysterical.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Anja's Post:

'Erm... is there an ETA on when we can move? Not sure if the ice'll hold much longer.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 pm

"I do not know, I am just trying to get through their shields."
The Hermetic said looking concerned.
"Why do you ask me?"
He asked, Mr Better might not have heard the conversation you had with Darrian and may not realize you wanted him to try to make a portal into the defenders part of the hallway.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:19 pm

A moment's puzzlement before replying. 'Can you make a teleportation portal or something to get one - or more of us behind the enemy?' she said urgently.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 pm

"I can probably get myself over there but I doubt I would have much time to do anything before I where killed of, I have no experience teleporting others. I might be able to open a small window between here and there though if that can help any but full teleportation of more than myself can be difficult."
The Hermetic explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm

"Well at least they can not be said to be Atheists anymore if they see fireball flinging mages coming after them."
The Handler said sounding amused.
Colin grinned, "Well, they might still be Atheists, but they certainly might be a lot more open to magic. In fact, you might say they'd be defenseless against our inflammatory rhetoric."

"You are where...fuck...well of course you are."
Bruce said sounding slightly shocked and concerned.
"Yeah I can try."
He said and you heard him speak softer to Bee.
"I have Colin on the phone here ok...I will just hold it to your ear..."
He muttered and you heard Beatrice's mournfully sobbing over the phone, she sounded rather hysterical.
He smiled wryly at the phone, "I may be the safest person of us all, actually... and it can make for one hell of a story to tell the children at parties. That aside, let's hear what Bee has to say..."
He waited until Beatrice seemed to have the phone close, "Hey, sweetie, what's wrong? Bruce is not being impolite, is he?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Anja's Post:

Another pause. 'Wait... can this portal thing have something thrown into it - say a small bottle filled with something nasty?' thinking of perhaps the alchemist could cook up something in double-quick time.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:52 pm

"I am not claiming there are not wisdom to be found in stories or that they are not filled with old archetypes."
Rosa said and shook her head.
"Stories are great both for entertainment and to learn from, everyone love a good story, we have always told them in one form or the other. What I am saying is that a story is like...a picture on facebook ok, a simplified idea that might have a core of truth in it but which still do not really reflect real life, at least most of them, most of the time there are no chosen ones, there are just people who try to do their best, quite often good do not actually win, not to mention that in real life good and evil is not the cut and dry and is often harder to tell apart than what you see in stories. The real world is complicated."

"Yeah yeah yeah." Serge said dismissively. "There're stories that say that too you know. And they are so much more than just a simplified idea. Stories and media and art are a reflection of ourselves and the time they came from. Representing the thoughts, emotions, and philosophies of the people who created them. Every time an animator or writer or painter creates a something they are placing a little bit of himself into his creation and that is so much more than a simplified idea." he argued.

"Most of our stories are inspired by real life events and then real life are inspired by those same stories. It's like a fun little loop." he said making a circular motion with his fingers.

"Hum...well I guess not all of their kind is a problem, Miss Alexander is kind and sweet and not like the horror stories I have been told, I guess this Kyle is as well. I have not met him yet but Andrew, one of the other apprentices here say he is nice."
Rosa said though she still looked a bit concerned.

"he's a pretty sweet kid. With I had his love of knowledge when I was young. Would've saved me a bit of a head ache in school." Serge said chuckling.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Well, they might still be Atheists, but they certainly might be a lot more open to magic. In fact, you might say they'd be defenseless against our inflammatory rhetoric."

Dalisse gave a delighted smile.
"Well they will be believers all right."
She said sounding amused.

He smiled wryly at the phone, "I may be the safest person of us all, actually... and it can make for one hell of a story to tell the children at parties. That aside, let's hear what Bee has to say..."

"Just make sure you stay safe Colin, you are on a Nephandi ship after all, how can you claim to be safe and I am not sure children would want to hear that story...yeah...here I will put her on..."
Bruce said before he held the phone to Beatrice's ear.

He waited until Beatrice seemed to have the phone close, "Hey, sweetie, what's wrong? Bruce is not being impolite, is he?"

The young Verbena sobbed sadly.
"N...no...he is nice it is...it is...I felt one of us die Colin...one of my Covenmates I felt one of us die!"
Beatrice said before she cried more, with all that had happened the loss of a Covenmate where almost to much for the wounded blood witch to bear.

Nicole:

Another pause. 'Wait... can this portal thing have something thrown into it - say a small bottle filled with something nasty?' thinking of perhaps the alchemist could cook up something in double-quick time.

"Sure anything that can fit through the portal can go through it, that is the point of it being a portal after all, I am not sure I can make it one sided though chances are our enemies can send us something nasty in return."
Mr Better said as he glanced at you.
"But yeah do you want me to make such a mini portal? How big do you want it?"

Serge:

"Yeah yeah yeah." Serge said dismissively. "There're stories that say that too you know. And they are so much more than just a simplified idea. Stories and media and art are a reflection of ourselves and the time they came from. Representing the the emotions and philosophies of the people who created them. Every time an animator or writer or painter creates a something they are placing a little bit of himself into his creation. And that is so much more than a simplified idea." he argued.

"Most of our stories are inspired by real life events and then real life is inspired by those same stories. It's like a fun little loop." he said making a circular motion with his fingers.

"Off course art is an reflection of the time and place where it is created, but stories still are not a good measure of real life while some of them are made to be more complex and some are direct retelling of events that have happened even so they tend to go for being exiting instead of portraying all the boring details and they tend to be larger than life, one can learn things from stories absolutely but assuming that what happens in a story will happen in real life will just set you up for getting hurt Cousin."
Rosa said sounding concerned.

"he's a pretty sweet kid. With I had his love of knowledge when I was young. Would've saved me a bit of a head ache in school." Serge said chuckling.

"Well I guess I will get to meet him soon."
Rosa said and sipped her soda.
"I sure hope the Chief know what he is doing taking in a Fallen apprentice though, not that it is my place to question him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:23 am

"Just make sure you stay safe Colin, you are on a Nephandi ship after all, how can you claim to be safe and I am not sure children would want to hear that story...yeah...here I will put her on..."
Bruce said before he held the phone to Beatrice's ear.
Colin grimaced, "Everything's relative... We'll talk about it more over dinner or something."

The young Verbena sobbed sadly.
"N...no...he is nice it is...it is...I felt one of us die Colin...one of my Covenmates I felt one of us die!"
Beatrice said before she cried more, with all that had happened the loss of a Covenmate where almost to much for the wounded blood witch to bear.
He frowned, "Oh, no, I'm sorry to hear that... Do you know who it was?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:33 am

"Off course art is an reflection of the time and place where it is created, but stories still are not a good measure of real life while some of them are made to be more complex and some are direct retelling of events that have happened even so they tend to go for being exiting instead of portraying all the boring details and they tend to be larger than life, one can learn things from stories absolutely but assuming that what happens in a story will happen in real life will just set you up for getting hurt Cousin."
Rosa said sounding concerned.

"You don't just assume what happens in a story will happen in real life. There's way too many stories to do that. But you can certainly predict things based off of those stories. See beyond the silly reality and the boring details and notice the patterns strewn all around you." Serge said taking another slice of pizza after he had finished his last.

"I mean I can't actually say that with full confidence since predicting what will happen isn't my style. I'm more of 'Make the world my own' type of guy. But it would definitely make for a cool spell. Imagine that....fortune-telling by reading storybooks." Serge said with a chuckle trying to lighten the mood and avoid turning a conversation into a heated argument.  

"You don't have to sound so concerned. Don't worry I know I might get hurt because of my viewpoint but I'm willing to take the risks." Serge assured his cousin.

"Well I guess I will get to meet him soon."
Rosa said and sipped her soda.
"I sure hope the Chief know what he is doing taking in a Fallen apprentice though, not that it is my place to question him."

"The Chief's probably got his reasons. Kyle's smart so I'm sure he'll make a great apprentice." Serge said wondering how Kyle was doing now.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:53 am

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... could you make it last only say ten seconds? So they won't have the time to shove any crap back through it?' Nicole replied quickly, a plan starting to form in her head. Apart from the tiny bit which was near-shouting "why the fuck am *I* having to organise this?", that is.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:20 am

The bottle of serum and the syringe still in it's packaging where clutched in Ravenblood's still twitching hand, you got them easy enough though. You felt more that saw that spirit turn towards you, in another second you would be dead...You had to get the syringe ready and filled, reach jace and inject him and then wait for the second or two it took to work, at least you now knew how to do it which would save a few moments of confusion or a mistake perhaps having had to do this to your new brother would now end up saving your life...if you where quick enough. Ange had bought you a few moments, now where the question if that would be enough.

The woman's hand was still holding the syringe and even as he took it out of it to fill it, it was still warm and moving on its own in death throes as the rest of her body lay in pieces. The spirit saw him, and all the hairs on the back of his neck shot up - he didn't bother looking to see if the creature was rushing him but focused on what he was doing, each thing, to do it right but /quickly/ before he ended up as the poor Verbena had.

// looks like a good time to use 1 WP -
Dex+Ath: 9, 6, 7, 2, 1 (+1WP)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:40 am

Colin:

Colin grimaced, "Everything's relative... We'll talk about it more over dinner or something."

"Fair enough, we can do that just try to keep yourself alive to have that talk over dinner...we need to gather the entire Cabal in fact to touch base when all of this Nephandi business is over and done with."
Bruce said still sounding concerned.

He frowned, "Oh, no, I'm sorry to hear that... Do you know who it was?"

"I...I think it is Raven...Ravenblood Dawn, I can feel her death and the despair of Violet her student."
Beatrice sobbed.
"It is not right, not right I do not want members of my Coven to die!"
The young Verbena wept.

Serge:

"You don't just assume what happens in a story will happen in real life. There's way too many stories to do that. But you can certainly predict things based off of those stories. See beyond the silly reality and the boring details and notice the patterns strewn all around you." Serge said taking another slice of pizza after he had finished his last.

"Off course you can see patterns I am not saying you can't I am saying that to go from there to assume that for example when you meet another artist you will at once develop some anime style epic rivalery with them that is taking it from seeing patterns."
Rosa said and she raised and eyebrow.

"I mean I can't actually say that with full confidence since predicting what will happen isn't my style. I'm more of 'Make the world my own' type of guy. But it would definitely make for a cool spell. Imagine that....fortune-telling by reading storybooks." Serge said with a chuckle trying to lighten the mood and avoid turning a conversation into a heated argument.

"Hum...well I have heard of someone fortune telling with books and you have this whole idea of seeing omens and patterns and you could do that with stories."
Rosa said as she took another slice of pizza.

"You don't have to sound so concerned. Don't worry I know I might get hurt because of my viewpoint but I'm willing to take the risks." Serge assured his cousin.

Rosa still looked concerned.
"I hope you are right and that you know what you are doing Cousin for I fear you will get hurt when others around you do not conform to the storybook ideals you might have of them."
The rather down to earth and practical young Cultist said.

"The Chief's probably got his reasons. Kyle's smart so I'm sure he'll make a great apprentice." Serge said wondering how Kyle was doing now.

"It is not the kid's inteligence I worry about Cousin, but yes the Chief is allot older and more experienced that me, I will trust that he have good reasons for what he is doing and I mean if he did not take Kyle under his wing..."
Rosa stopped talking and looked at the younger mages and simply added.
"Bad things would happen to him."

As you sat there talking with Rosa and the girls you felt this grip of ice in the put of your stomach...and you could feel something where wrong with your Mentor...you could feel that she had gotten hurt, hurt badly, how you knew you do not know but you knew somehow that she was suspended between life and death and could go either way. The feeling was sudden and cold and horrible and then it was gone as if it had never been there.

Nicole:

'Hmm... could you make it last only say ten seconds? So they won't have the time to shove any crap back through it?' Nicole replied quickly, a plan starting to form in her head. Apart from the tiny bit which was near-shouting "why the fuck am *I* having to organise this?", that is.

"Ok...ehm sure ten seconds? Not a problem, when and where do you want this portal window?"
Mr Better said as he shook his hands a few times and then raised them and begun to make hand sigils.
"I will prepare the rote for when you are ready for it Miss."

Adley:

The woman's hand was still holding the syringe and even as he took it out of it to fill it, it was still warm and moving on its own in death throes as the rest of her body lay in pieces. The spirit saw him, and all the hairs on the back of his neck shot up - he didn't bother looking to see if the creature was rushing him but focused on what he was doing, each thing, to do it right but /quickly/ before he ended up as the poor Verbena had.

If you had not taken Kyle in and been concerned about making sure that what seamed like at that time to be his last few days where horrible, so when you where ordered to give him the serum you had put so much care into each step to get it right, to hurt the boy as little as possible, you probably would not have remembered the steps so well, your mind would have try to remember, it would have gone slower and you would have died, it was strange how fate worked, meeting that young widderslainte would in round about ways save your life, and that of your group.

You filled the syringe as you moved towards Jace, smoothly pushing the white coat and sweather sleeve away from the Nephandus's arm and inserting the needle. Jace did not even flinch he was sleeping to deeply. It was about this time you heard Ange cry out, then you heard a body skid across the floor and impact with the lab bench at the far end of the room, the spirit had broken through the Cultist's mental hold and slapped her aside like a rag doll. Perhaps it was your training as a Hermetic or perhaps it was that you where so numb right now in this chaotic situation that you could not really feel the terror that would otherwise paralyze you, instead youpushed down on the plunger, you had to use some force to get the vicious liquid through the needle but it did flow, then you felt a oily hand on your shoulder and another on your heand, in another moment you would die and the Fire Angle would have to find herself a new host...but then the serum started working and those hands became spiderweb touches and then they where gone and there where only you sitting over Jace who where softly groaning now, he was still asleep but the serum hurt enough to draw a reaction out of the sleeping man. You heard ange moan weakly somewhere in the room, and your Mentor had stopped Chanting and where running towards you, one of the prisoners where whimpering and you heard Duncan crying softly even as he worked his magick to try to save Adjan's life...you heard that and you heard your own heart beating in your chest, beating so hard that it hurt, and you felt you Avatar there in your soul, she was still with you...you where alive and Wallace Jace where under control...you realized that though time still seamed slowed down, and then everything came back into focus as you realized how close to death you had been.
"Adley...Adley are you hurt?"
You heard your Mentor said as Mara ran to help Ange, there where sound and movement and you where still alive you realized as you got the rest of the green good into the Nephandus arm, rendering him helpless.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:57 pm

The feeling of an oily hand/appendage on him - and then it was gone. The realisation that his kinetic bubble had burst and he hadn't noticed, which could have killed him. Then again, with the force of that thing and what it was, perhaps it had gone straight through it or would have anyway, regardless. He blinked as his heart slammed against his ribcage as if it were trying to escape, then finished tying up Jace before his hands started to shake. Just because the man could not use magick didn't mean he wouldn't try something if he woke up, which he seemed he might do soon. He swallowed hard and then looked over at his mentor as he said his name. "I'm fine," he said with a nod. "I am securing him then I will try to help with the others unless you need me to cover, sir" he said, trying to keep his voice steady. He was alive still. They had all pitched in to get the man down and finish the mission and he was alive, largely because he was slightly more familiar with applying the serum, skill of Ange, and luck. But one person was dead, and two others...well, he didn't know. But it wasn't good. Just keep giving him things to do. That was for the best, right now.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next