Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 29 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Tane Karyak Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 22:59

It was hard to do, but maybe it had to be done in the same fashion as it had been reduced. Tane went inside to get some paper, carton or some other thing to burn, and made a fire again, then, he repeated, asking the lords of fire to burn away the corruption of this being.

(I'll try again. 2, 7, 4
I'll try to extend the roll 2 times so that i'm sure it's not connected to anything anymore
6, 3, 5,
9, 2, 4)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 29 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Adley Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 4:18

"We do not even know if the man will be in our custody at that point Adley but if he is then a reminder might be useful and off course I will word it in a way the Union can not pick up on it." Narim said. "I do not have to send the reminder though but I thought it might be useful just to be sure as this is not a guy we want to have access to his magick at the Chantry."

“I think it’s a good idea,” he said with a nod. “One more thing, someone’s going to have to get the cars we left behind at some point, not asking you to do anything big like last time of course but just maybe find someone to fetch them from the lot at some point when it’s not crawling with ‘crats,” he said. Sure, they might get a parking ticket – that wasn’t much an issue as it being a target for trouble. But it was best not to leave them there indefinitely and Narim shouldn’t expend himself pulling their cars as he had with his own. “I have a spare set of keys for mine,” he offered.

"I do not think I would forget but a reminder will not hurt, just to be sure." Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded. No use dwelling on why someone else might need a reminder -that, mentioning the cars, all of it he realized were a desire to not leave any more (dangerous) loose ends if he should die. Which was a bit of a morbid thought, if practical. He certainly didn't want

You stepped out into Steelhaven's Penumbra which looked very much like the castle Serge imagined it to be, with stone walls and embroidered wall hangings. Jeffry lead the way deeper into the Umbra where the world around you became closer and closer to pure concepts and he followed a path that got more and more old an decrepit with old cars standing along the road then back into the Penumbra, ere you saw the auto shop and it was splattered with blood and looked like something right out of a horror movie, with black walls and black windows.

He stepped out through and looked back towards Steelhaven – his home. His castle of modern times reflected into the near umbra for it’s stature – tapestries, towers, banners and all. The covenant – the place and all the people there, all his friends and family that he loved. A small but very personally important part of what he was trying to protect. Then he turned and began following in his pater’s footsteps. It was good to pay attention when you were walking the paths, or you could lose yourself out in some abstract thought and so for a while they travelled quietly until they got to where they were going. It was washed in blood and darkness.

"Is there anything you need to do before we step through into the auto shop mea filius?" Jeffry asked, he had not spoken much during the walk here.
“I have a potion…” he said, digging out the other half of Darrian’s potion.

"I am not going to ask you if you are ok, with all that have happened no one would be...however once this is all said and done and there is time Adley...if you need to talk I am here for you." The old mage said and patted you gently on the shoulder. "I wanted you to know that and that I am proud of you...you have handled this situation well."

“T means a lot to hear from you, pater,” he said with a nod and clasped his arm a moment. All that had happened hadn’t even sunk in yet. It couldn’t, though quite a lot had soaked through in one way or another. He felt like an entirely different person than he had been last week – well, two weeks-ish for him. And now here they were. “It’s been my honor, of course, to be your student,” he said.

He said as he looked at you for a moment. "Well then let us lay waste to our enemies..."

He took a deep breath and then drew his gun. No more lingering at the doorstop. “Igne natura renovatur integra.”

// whups, got the people-names mixed up again sorry - meant Duncan

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 7:00

Serge:

"Coven? Oh you must be a member of the Verbana." Serge inferred.

Beatrice smiled a little.
"Ah forgive me Mr Yager where is my manners...yes indeed I am Beatrice Alexander bani Verbena."
The young blood witch said.
"Ah...it feels good to still use that greeting, I thought I would never be allowed to use it again."

"Eh I'm not that good. I've only been drawing for 18 years. I'm sure your pictures are just as amazing." Serge said with a smile.

"For drawing you are better than me, perhaps I am better at painting but you are very talented...with a pencil."
Bee said softly.

"What else do you think we should add? How about Bruce the Disney Princess?" Serge said with a chuckle as he imagined the giant man in a colorful dress with guns and exercise machines flocking around him.

"He would be adorable."
Beatrice said and chuckled. Bruce grinned a bit from where he stood guard.
"Yeah well I am not sure about the dress but Disney princesses get the best gear, flying carpets and magickal tridents and one hit kill magic apples."
The large Orphan said sounding amused.

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "Most, yes. But there is sufficient precedent for some to escape the usual doom... A strong mentor to guide a widderslainte has happened from time to time, and there is one Nephandus Master who, after surrendering, was permitted to live as a... Traditionalist with limited membership. He is rather exceptional, though, but enough to set the precedent that will save my apprentice."

Brandon nodded at that.
"Well that is nice for your apprentice at least. I am glad she will be ok."

He nodded, "That does limit how much you can protect her, yes... as for that shit, he's not going to trouble anyone again... except whoever is set to guard him at any given time, what with his predilection for opera performances. I think he's hoping that his arias will push someone to kill him prematurely. I don't think he will have much luck with that... Nor will he have any luck with cliffs, either. I was the one to capture him, in fact."

"Diego is captured? Are you sure...damn that is the best news I have heard all day I hope he never gets free again, fuck him!"
Brandon said and frowned.
"Good job in taking him down and yeah the shit do think he can sing."

He nodded, "I have... Admittedly, I did not necessarily face them head on, magic against magic - as the SAS say, if you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already made a mistake. All the same, however powerful Prelati are, they are neither immortal nor invincible. I suppose perhaps no defense can ever be perfect against everything - you just have to pick which threats you want to make a priority. And nobody wants friends and family to die... I can only offer my sympathies and condolences in advance, I'm afraid."

"You have to use smarts, that is what my Mentor say as well, just facing someone flinging bullets or spells should be avoided if possible."
Brandon said and nodded then he frowned.
"You speak as if my Mentor's death is a done deal, it is not she will live, she have to."
He said sounding desperate.

He nodded, "That would be the approximate gist of it, yes. Burns, for example, have not been significantly problematic for me, pain-wise, for decades. A few years ago, I spilled some molten metal on my arm, and was able to get it off before I suffered more than a nasty burn. If that had been the first time I got burned, though... it might have cost me an arm. And when I was hit by a quite personally directed gout of primal fire yesterday, I was able to power through the pain without much more than a slight reduction in mobility for a while, after the application of bandages... it still hurt a lot, of course."

Brandon nodded at that and he smiled a little.
"That is what this Fallen Akashic we have here at the Labyrinth say, that he have to sparr with full contact so that he knows what it feels like when he gets hit for real in a fight...hum I will remember that Sir."

He shook his head, "No, never torture. That is not going to happen. Wound or kill, however... I would not enjoy it, but my enjoyment remains secondary to the needs of the service. There's no malice in it, it's simply what is. So I would quite prefer if you remain calm and seated here until the time comes for me to leave..."

Brandon seamed to relax a bit at this.
"So you would not torture me."
The young mage said then he looked afraid again.
"I am not going to try to escape please don't kill me...I do not want to die...I will sit right here!"
He muttered terrified.

He smiled thinly at Dalisse, "I do hope you can offer Brandon either room and board, or a lift to another safe location after I disembark?"

"I can do both depending on his wishes that is not a problem."
Dalisse said and Brandoned looked at her.
"Thank you Lady Dalisse."
He muttered. The Handler sent telepatically to you.
"Should something be done about controlling his magick in case he make a run for it? I can try to block his powers but I might not be strong enough right now and I fear it would upset him terribly."

He nodded, then glanced to Brandon, "Thank you. I know you could probably rip the information from Brandon's mind, but I would prefer you not violate him like that on my behalf..."

"I can do that yes but no I do not wish to do such a thing unless it is the absolute last resort, I think torture would be less of a violation towards him."
Dalisse said telepatically. Brandon looked at bit nervous over what you had said.
"No...I do not want anyone to do that."
He muttered softly.

Nicole:

A nod to this; Nicole was already as ready as she realistically could be.

Darrian got another text message and he frowned.
"Damn it...te Nephandi have started some security measure I do not know what but I doubt it is plesant."
The Alchemist said.
"We have to move but please be careful."
He said and everyone looked a bit nervous. Antionio walked up to the front of the group he looked pale an there where some of his own blood still on his face but he made some notes in his books then he started walking towards the middle door, he opened it an beyond where another corridor, it looked much like the one you had just left with flesh and organs on the walls. along the walls where where to more doors.

Adley:

“I think it’s a good idea,” he said with a nod. “One more thing, someone’s going to have to get the cars we left behind at some point, not asking you to do anything big like last time of course but just maybe find someone to fetch them from the lot at some point when it’s not crawling with ‘crats,” he said. Sure, they might get a parking ticket – that wasn’t much an issue as it being a target for trouble. But it was best not to leave them there indefinitely and Narim shouldn’t expend himself pulling their cars as he had with his own. “I have a spare set of keys for mine,” he offered.

Narim nodded at that.
"Right now it is not likely to be safe the Crats will be there soon if they are not there already trying to figure out what have happened. But as soon as things have settled down I will send people to get the cars."
He promised.
"If you leave the spare keys then I will see to it as soon as possible."

“I have a potion…” he said, digging out the other half of Darrian’s potion.

"Very well we can wait while you drink it."
Jeffry said and he glanced at the bottle.
"Is it one of Master Haagen's potions?"

“T means a lot to hear from you, pater,” he said with a nod and clasped his arm a moment. All that had happened hadn’t even sunk in yet. It couldn’t, though quite a lot had soaked through in one way or another. He felt like an entirely different person than he had been last week – well, two weeks-ish for him. And now here they were. “It’s been my honor, of course, to be your student,” he said.

Jeffry looked at you for a moment you felt his strong hand clasping your arm and he smiled.
"It is you who have honored me mea filius you have given me the joy of teaching. You know you are nothing like my first student...Peter...he was an uneducated street urchin when I met him and I only originally took him as an apprentice to get him of the streets and give him a chance, you however where educated, highly motivated and have always been refined...in many ways you could not be more different, but Peter grew into a fine warrior that did honor to his House..."
Jeffry paused for a moment a bit of a sad look in his eyes.
"He died saving a bus filled with prisoners the Union planned to enslave at MECHA, I could not be more proud of him, he reached the end all members of our House wish for, a honorable death in battle, a death that means something and he faced it with honor. I see allot of Peter in you Adley, different as you may be, and just in case anything should happen during this battle...I wanted you to know that."
The old mage said and he offered a fond smile.
"I see you in every way like a son."

He took a deep breath and then drew his gun. No more lingering at the doorstop. “Igne natura renovatur integra.”

Your Mentor stepped out of the Umbra and held the portal open or you...and then you found yourself in a room marked by battle, it had once been the work shop's store, but the windows had been blown out and bullets where found on the floor, the marks of fireballs hitting the walls and well and then there was the dead, several men and woman laying prone on the floor, ripped apart by bullets and magick.

From the back room there was a horrible eeling, a feeling of darkness, the portal probably. In the back room you found a woman with her hands bound by tape who had mannaged to get to her feet, she was pretty with a mass of curly hair, dark skin and dark eyes, she was injured but not badly, seeing you and your Mentor she backed away towards the wall. On the ground lay another bound man, he was crying softly and where not doing the same effort to get out of his bounds as the woman, he seamed to have given up and where just awaiting his fate.
"Grab her please, they are not anyone of ours so I suspect they are Fallen!"
Jeffry ordered as he gave the symbol rich wall hanging which was the anchor point for the portal a hairy eyeball and knelt down to check on the weeping man.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 7:07

Tane:

It was hard to do, but maybe it had to be done in the same fashion as it had been reduced. Tane went inside to get some paper, carton or some other thing to burn, and made a fire again, then, he repeated, asking the lords of fire to burn away the corruption of this being.

"How did it go?"
Alessa asked, she and Strawberry, now back in her human form where doing the dishes from the breakfast while Coawa where getting a fire started in the fireplace, Paula, now full had curled up on the floor to sleep, she really did not care where she did that.

You got some firewood from Coawa and walked back outside and tried the ritual again and this time your Ansestors listened to your request for aid. You could feel the dark, twisted mana in the burned remains turn back into a soft, Dynamic flow. Your Avatar felt more comfortable around the remains now as they where properly cleansed.

(OOC: You are left with four drams of clean Dynamic and Entropic Tass.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 7:42

Beatrice smiled a little.
"Ah forgive me Mr Yager where is my manners...yes indeed I am Beatrice Alexander bani Verbena."
The young blood witch said.
"Ah...it feels good to still use that greeting, I thought I would never be allowed to use it again."

"I'm Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said introducing himself.

"Having cool specialized greetings is awesome isn't it. Makes you feel important. I'm not just Serge Yager. I'm Serge Yager of the Cult of Ecstasy."

"He would be adorable."
Beatrice said and chuckled. Bruce grinned a bit from where he stood guard.
"Yeah well I am not sure about the dress but Disney princesses get the best gear, flying carpets and magickal tridents and one hit kill magic apples."
The large Orphan said sounding amused.

"I know right!" Serge exclaimed wholeheartedly.

"Not even just items, those princesses get so much cool magick that I wish I had as well. Like Elsa has the coolest looking cryomancy and Moana has the fuckin spirit of the Ocean protecting her. I want cool stuff like that without getting bitch slapped by reality." he said with a tinge of jealously in his voice.

"Oh well. I'll settle for what I got. I still wanna add some more stuff to this picture though." Serge said biting at the end of his pencil as he thought.

"How about I add the rest of your Cabal? Mr. Wainwright, Mr. Karyak, Mr. Roth Hicks, Dr. Lee, Bruce, Jon, someone else I'm probably forgetting. You can all be in the picture together!" Serge said with a friendly smile glancing back at Beatrice.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 7:58

"I'm Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said introducing himself.

"Having cool specialized greetings is awesome isn't it. Makes you feel important. I'm not just Serge Yager. I'm Serge Yager of the Cult of Ecstasy."

"I am not so sure it makes me feel important but it makes me feel proud, I worked very hard to learn magick and get initiated, I earned my place in the Verbena."
Beatrice said proudly and she smiled a little.
"It is nice to meet you Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy."

"I know right!" Serge exclaimed wholeheartedly.

"Not even just items, those princesses get so much cool magick that I wish I had as well. Like Elsa has the coolest looking cryomancy and Moana has the fuckin spirit of the Ocean protecting her. I want cool stuff like that without getting bitch slapped by reality." he said with a tinge of jealously in his voice.

"Fairytale worlds do have their charm..."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"But yeah Disney characters get all the magick."
She agreed.
"I used to love those movies when I was little."
Bruce shrugged.
"I still enjoy them, they are beautifully crafted."

"Oh well. I'll settle for what I got. I still wanna add some more stuff to this picture though." Serge said biting at the end of his pencil as he thought.

"The magick we have is not to bad indeed."
Beatrice said and winced again.
"I have never been more thankful for it."

"How about I add the rest of your Cabal? Mr. Wainwright, Mr. Karyak, Mr. Roth Hicks, Dr. Lee, Bruce, Jon, someone else I'm probably forgetting. You can all be in the picture together!" Serge said with a friendly smile glancing back at Beatrice.

"Those are the ones, me, Colin, Adley, Bruce, Richard, Jon and Tane."
Beatrice said and smiled fondly.
"It is a good Cabal."
She said and Bruce grunted in agreement.
"Do we all get to be Disney princesses?"
He asked wryly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 8:18

"I am not so sure it makes me feel important but it makes me feel proud, I worked very hard to learn magick and get initiated, I earned my place in the Verbena."
Beatrice said proudly and she smiled a little.
"It is nice to meet you Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy."

"It's nice to meet you as well. You know my Mentor said I worked hard as well." Serge said glancing at the ring on his finger. The symbol of his membership within the Cult of Ecstasy. He remembered the cold feeling again and this time it was his turn to flinch slightly as he tucked the painful memory back into the bowels of his mind.

"Fairytale worlds do have their charm..."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"But yeah Disney characters get all the magick."
She agreed.
"I used to love those movies when I was little."
Bruce shrugged.
"I still enjoy them, they are beautifully crafted."

"I still watch em from time to time." Serge admitted. "Their's just so much to enjoy about them. I'd love to go on an adventure like that. Sometimes I pretend I'm a character in the movie, helping out the protagonist."

"The magick we have is not to bad indeed."
Beatrice said and winced again.
"I have never been more thankful for it."

"As am I. You won't believe how excited I got when I learned about all of this stuff. Before I was mocked for daydreaming about wielding magick and being a wizard. Now I'm doing all of those things and more. It's like my wildest dreams come true. And trust me....I've had some wild dreams." Serge said with a grin.

"Take that my fourth grade math teacher!" he said triumphantly, remembering the scolding he had received when he had dozed off in class.

"Those are the ones, me, Colin, Adley, Bruce, Richard, Jon and Tane."
Beatrice said and smiled fondly.
"It is a good Cabal."
She said and Bruce grunted in agreement.
"Do we all get to be Disney princesses?"
He asked wryly.

"You know I wasn't actually planning too. But now that you mention it...." Serge said as peculiar image of Mr. Roth Hicks flashed within his mind.

"Drawing Mr. Roth Hicks in a flaming princess dress is too amazing an opportunity to pass up!" he said with a smile as he furiously began to draw the image in his head before it faded away.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 8:42

Brandon nodded at that.
"Well that is nice for your apprentice at least. I am glad she will be ok."
Colin nodded, "She'll be magnificent, I expect."

"Diego is captured? Are you sure...damn that is the best news I have heard all day I hope he never gets free again, fuck him!"
"Good job in taking him down and yeah the shit do think he can sing."
He nodded, "Of course I'm sure. He's been making our makeshift cell area miserable for everyone for far too long. He only seemed to quiet down a bit when our Marauder, er, guest threatened to come in there to tan his hide..."

"You have to use smarts, that is what my Mentor say as well, just facing someone flinging bullets or spells should be avoided if possible."
Brandon said and nodded then he frowned.
"You speak as if my Mentor's death is a done deal, it is not she will live, she have to."
He said sounding desperate.
He nodded, "Your Mentor has the right of it. And no, I don't think it's a done deal as such... but if my side wins, I expect her to go down fighting. If Larson wins, it's the literal end of the world, and your Mentor will never have existed. Either way, well..."

Brandon nodded at that and he smiled a little.
"That is what this Fallen Akashic we have here at the Labyrinth say, that he have to sparr with full contact so that he knows what it feels like when he gets hit for real in a fight...hum I will remember that Sir."
He nodded, "Ah, yes, martial artists... He knows what he is talking about. But that approach might not be well suited to other injuries - inflicting serious harm on yourself to get used to pain is perhaps a bit extreme."

Brandon seamed to relax a bit at this.
"So you would not torture me."
The young mage said then he looked afraid again.
"I am not going to try to escape please don't kill me...I do not want to die...I will sit right here!"
He muttered terrified.
He smiled warmly, "We have an understanding, then... I don't wish to kill you, so unless my hand is quite literally forced, you'll get to see another sunrise. Well, that, or we'll get to watch the end of Creation together, if Larson succeeds..."

"I can do both depending on his wishes that is not a problem."
Dalisse said and Brandoned looked at her.
"Thank you Lady Dalisse."
He muttered. The Handler sent telepatically to you.
"Should something be done about controlling his magick in case he make a run for it? I can try to block his powers but I might not be strong enough right now and I fear it would upset him terribly."
He arched an eyebrow, and thought back, 'If he makes a run for it, I don't think he's quicker than a bullet... and you would have to open the door for him. In this case, a little kindness can go a long way. And you need to conserve your strength after that last hit - it seems someone from my side made a mistake, and I mean to have some words with them about it later.'

"I can do that yes but no I do not wish to do such a thing unless it is the absolute last resort, I think torture would be less of a violation towards him."
Dalisse said telepatically. Brandon looked at bit nervous over what you had said.
"No...I do not want anyone to do that."
He muttered softly.
He smiled wryly, "Nobody wants their mind probed... Of course, as Siege discovered, probing a mind ready to defy a probe can be quite terrifying, too... No, if I can't convince you to tell me of your own free will, I won't escalate things further."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 10:08

Serge:

"It's nice to meet you as well. You know my Mentor said I worked hard as well." Serge said glancing at the ring on his finger. The symbol of his membership within the Cult of Ecstasy. He remembered the cold feeling again and this time it was his turn to flinch slightly as he tucked the painful memory back into the bowels of his mind.

Beatrice looked at you for a moment then she placed her small, bound, hands on your hand.
"I am sure you did work hard Mr Yager...but is something wrong?"
She asked in a concerned tone of voice.

"I still watch em from time to time." Serge admitted. "Their's just so much to enjoy about them. I'd love to go on an adventure like that. Sometimes I pretend I'm a character in the movie, helping out the protagonist."

"Well we all need some pass-times."
Bruce grunted. Beatrice nodded.
"Well they can be fun movies to watch, I usually do not get to watch allot of movies, I do not have the time, but old Disney movies are definitively good choices if I where going to sit down with a movie."

"As am I. You won't believe how excited I got when I learned about all of this stuff. Before I was mocked for daydreaming about wielding magick and being a wizard. Now I'm doing all of those things and more. It's like my wildest dreams come true. And trust me....I've had some wild dreams." Serge said with a grin.

"Take that my fourth grade math teacher!" he said triumphantly, remembering the scolding he had received when he had dozed off in class.

"When I Awakened I...knew magick was the path I wanted to walk it is everything I wanted and coming so close to loosing it I..."
Beatrice stopped talking and looked into the wall shivering.

"You know I wasn't actually planning too. But now that you mention it...." Serge said as peculiar image of Mr. Roth Hicks flashed within his mind.

"Drawing Mr. Roth Hicks in a flaming princess dress is too amazing an opportunity to pass up!" he said with a smile as he furiously began to draw the image in his head before it faded away.

Beatrice gave a weak little smile at that and Bruce gave a chuckle.
"Well Colin will need a pink helicopter to go with his dress."
Bee informed you.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "She'll be magnificent, I expect."

"Yeah...go girl."
Brandon said with a big grin.

He nodded, "Of course I'm sure. He's been making our makeshift cell area miserable for everyone for far too long. He only seemed to quiet down a bit when our Marauder, er, guest threatened to come in there to tan his hide..."

"Well Marauders are sort of terrifying but Diego deserve it send him to a bloody Nephandi convention in the middle of a busy street in a big city with lots and lots of sleepers around."
The young mage grumbled.

He nodded, "Your Mentor has the right of it. And no, I don't think it's a done deal as such... but if my side wins, I expect her to go down fighting. If Larson wins, it's the literal end of the world, and your Mentor will never have existed. Either way, well..."

"Yeah my Mentor would fight until the bitter end."
The young Nephandus said then he looked down.
"I never thought about it like that, that I will loose her either way I...I do not want my Mentor not to exist."
He whispered.

He nodded, "Ah, yes, martial artists... He knows what he is talking about. But that approach might not be well suited to other injuries - inflicting serious harm on yourself to get used to pain is perhaps a bit extreme."

"Yeah I would not want to do that...I do not really like pain you know but I do wish I have the guts to face it head on when the time comes that I have to."
Brandon said and glanced at you.

He smiled warmly, "We have an understanding, then... I don't wish to kill you, so unless my hand is quite literally forced, you'll get to see another sunrise. Well, that, or we'll get to watch the end of Creation together, if Larson succeeds..."

"Thank you...I am not going to resist I promise I will just sit here ok...it is not like I can do much of a difference with the fight anyway."
Brandon said he sounded relieved.

He arched an eyebrow, and thought back, 'If he makes a run for it, I don't think he's quicker than a bullet... and you would have to open the door for him. In this case, a little kindness can go a long way. And you need to conserve your strength after that last hit - it seems someone from my side made a mistake, and I mean to have some words with them about it later.'

"You do not have to shoot him, I can make sure he never reach the door."
Dalisse said and sigh.
"But I do not think he is going to make a run for it. I am a litter better...some of the ship's injuries have been healed, please thank your friends for me or that."
The Handler said and smiled a little.
"Perhaps we should move into the sitting room instead of me being in bed and the rest of you on the floor."
She suggested.

He smiled wryly, "Nobody wants their mind probed... Of course, as Siege discovered, probing a mind ready to defy a probe can be quite terrifying, too... No, if I can't convince you to tell me of your own free will, I won't escalate things further."

"Shit Siege got taken by the Traditions? Are he alive?"
Brandon asked his eyes wide.
"Wo else have you captured?"
He asked then he sigh.
"I wish I could tell you what my Mentor's security measures are but...I can't I am loyal to my Mentor...she Awakened me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 10:11

Anja's Post:

Nicole followed Antionio, rifle raised; moving with a silent confidence, keeping her mind on the mission. Aimed through the door which he opened; on seeing it was clear will move through it, allowing the others to follow while she kept guard for enemies.

[Funny thing was, I actually considered Nicole leaving a note with the two Fallen in the garage, but clearly didn't.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 10:17

The group moved into the new corridor as you neared the two door in the end you started hearing a buzzing sound, it sounded like a whole swarm of insects behind one of the doors getting closer.
"What on earth is that?"
Antonio asked.
"Whatever it is I doubt it is friendly."
Darrion commented and Antonio nodded in agreement.
"Miss Bouchard if I create a protection around you that will last for a minute or so do you think you could have a look to see what we are facing and then quickly retreat if there is danger?"
The Scribe asked you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 11:03

'Can't we use a stick or something?' Nicole replied, giving a little sigh. 'Alright... though thinking opening that door not a good idea. Can't we simply seal it off and press on?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 11:16

"Well Marauders are sort of terrifying but Diego deserve it send him to a bloody Nephandi convention in the middle of a busy street in a big city with lots and lots of sleepers around."
The young mage grumbled.
Colin nodded, "The Marauders we have visiting are... restrained, for everyone's safety. But yes, they are still rather worrying."

"Yeah my Mentor would fight until the bitter end."
The young Nephandus said then he looked down.
"I never thought about it like that, that I will loose her either way I...I do not want my Mentor not to exist."
He whispered.
He sighed, "It's easy to overlook the consequences of the path you're on, when someone keeps telling you how excited they are to finally succeed at something..."

"Yeah I would not want to do that...I do not really like pain you know but I do wish I have the guts to face it head on when the time comes that I have to."
Brandon said and glanced at you.
He smiled, "I think you will do quite fine. You may not feel brave right now, but that just might be a good thing. When the pinch comes, when you feel the wave of terror rolling in, that's where you decide whether you'll face it because you have to, or if you'll try to run and hide. Facing death and pain just to show bravery is not brave, just stupid."

"Thank you...I am not going to resist I promise I will just sit here ok...it is not like I can do much of a difference with the fight anyway."
Brandon said he sounded relieved.
He smiled warmly, "Wise choice. Thank you."

"You do not have to shoot him, I can make sure he never reach the door."
Dalisse said and sigh.
"But I do not think he is going to make a run for it. I am a litter better...some of the ship's injuries have been healed, please thank your friends for me or that."
The Handler said and smiled a little.
"Perhaps we should move into the sitting room instead of me being in bed and the rest of you on the floor."
She suggested.
He nodded and extended an arm to Dalisse, "Agreed, let me give you a hand... And I will make sure to thank the assisting healers, even if there's going to be some scolding at the same time."

"Shit Siege got taken by the Traditions? Are he alive?"
Brandon asked his eyes wide.
"Wo else have you captured?"
He asked then he sigh.
"I wish I could tell you what my Mentor's security measures are but...I can't I am loyal to my Mentor...she Awakened me."
He nodded soberly, "Siege was captured on purpose... Very clever maneuver, really, but ultimately a failed attempt at distraction. There are a few others, I don't have all their names, and we took too many prisoners in Chicago... The Sentencing Hall on Horizon will be a nasty place for some time..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 11:18

"Hum..I might be able to make a stick of sorts."
Francis said.
"I can crate a ball I can teleport in there and eye of sort that means we do not need to risk any of us."
He offered and Antonio nodded.
"Sounds good Mr Better."
The the Scribe turned to you.
"We can but whatever is on the other side can off course just take another turn and come at us from another direction."

(OOC: I am heading out there door and only has the time for a quick post, I will reply to you later Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 11:49

'Erm... I was joking?' Nicole replied, giving Francis a look regarding the stick. 'Just an idea, that's all - we need to get to the Big Bad quick, right? Clearing every room and hall is going to take time.' looking to Antonio to make the final call.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 18:52

Nicole:

'Erm... I was joking?' Nicole replied, giving Francis a look regarding the stick. 'Just an idea, that's all - we need to get to the Big Bad quick, right? Clearing every room and hall is going to take time.' looking to Antonio to make the final call.

"As quick as possible at least, but there have to be a balance between caution and haste, we need to clear out as much as possible and then meet up with the other teams but I do agree that if a scrying ball can be made quickly that might be a easier ption, you getting injured will slow us down more and we are not going to leave anyone behind."
Darrian said and frowned.
"Miss Bouchard do have a point though, we need to move quickly, I would say we take the other hallway and hope for the best."
Antonio said and Darrian nodded.
"Very well we move on through the other hallway than the one we hear the noise from and hope we do not encounter touble from it."
The Alchemist said.
"Everyone keep your eyes open.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The Marauders we have visiting are... restrained, for everyone's safety. But yes, they are still rather worrying."

"What the Mad Ones do with Paradox is horrifying but even more troubeling is that fact that we could all end up like that, it is this whole there for the grace of God go I kind of thing which freak me out."

He sighed, "It's easy to overlook the consequences of the path you're on, when someone keeps telling you how excited they are to finally succeed at something..."

"Yeah...it is...damn..."
The young Nephandus muttered and looked down.

He smiled, "I think you will do quite fine. You may not feel brave right now, but that just might be a good thing. When the pinch comes, when you feel the wave of terror rolling in, that's where you decide whether you'll face it because you have to, or if you'll try to run and hide. Facing death and pain just to show bravery is not brave, just stupid."

"My Mentor once broke into a Traditionalist Chantry, knowing what would happen if she got caught, to rescue my brother who where their prisoner, I want to be like her, but I am not sure I have it in me, I would be terrified to do something like that."
Brandon said and shook his head.

He smiled warmly, "Wise choice. Thank you."

"I just want to not get shot you know."
The kid muttered sourly.

He nodded and extended an arm to Dalisse, "Agreed, let me give you a hand... And I will make sure to thank the assisting healers, even if there's going to be some scolding at the same time."

Dalisse took your arm, you had to support her entire weight but it was not much as she walked towards her little sitting group.
"You can scold them a bit."
She said and sigh.
"But I understand why it happened."

He nodded soberly, "Siege was captured on purpose... Very clever maneuver, really, but ultimately a failed attempt at distraction. There are a few others, I don't have all their names, and we took too many prisoners in Chicago... The Sentencing Hall on Horizon will be a nasty place for some time..."

"I do not know what the Main Sentencing Hall is but from the name I can guess and yes it seams...far to many of my friends will loose their souls."
Brandon muttered and turned pale.
"It is so sad and it frankly terrify me...is that what will happen to Siege as well?"
He asked in a somber tone of voice.

(OOC: First post with the new PC. I am getting used to the new keyboard and I have not found out how to put spell checker on it yet so there might be some errors but a bad post is better than no post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 19:06

Beatrice looked at you for a moment then she placed her small, bound, hands on your hand.
"I am sure you did work hard Mr Yager...but is something wrong?"
She asked in a concerned tone of voice.

"I'm fine. Just....bad memories from earlier." Serge assured her.

"Well we all need some pass-times."
Bruce grunted. Beatrice nodded.
"Well they can be fun movies to watch, I usually do not get to watch allot of movies, I do not have the time, but old Disney movies are definitively good choices if I where going to sit down with a movie."

"I always enjoy watching both the new and the old movies. It's fun seeing how they progress and what sorts of new stuff they come up with." Serge chimed in.

"When I Awakened I...knew magick was the path I wanted to walk it is everything I wanted and coming so close to loosing it I..."
Beatrice stopped talking and looked into the wall shivering.

"Easy now." Serge said in a calming concerned voice. "Your surrounded by friends. And by the sounds of it you haven't lost your magick. In fact, what kind of magick do you use anyways?" Serge asked hoping that talking about her magick would calm her down.

Beatrice gave a weak little smile at that and Bruce gave a chuckle.
"Well Colin will need a pink helicopter to go with his dress."
Bee informed you.

"Oh man that's genius! And Mr. Karyak should be in shark-themed dress with shark teeth lining the bottom of the dress." Serge said drawing the two men exactly as they were described. With Colin being in a pink helicopter over looking the scene and a pool of water where Tane was relaxing in his rather ferocious looking dress.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 19:21

"I'm fine. Just....bad memories from earlier." Serge assured her.

"Yeah I understand how bad memories can get...sorry if anything I said dredged them up."
Beatrice said softly.

"I always enjoy watching both the new and the old movies. It's fun seeing how they progress and what sorts of new stuff they come up with." Serge chimed in.

"Hum you may be right perhaps I will watch some of the new movies when time allows."
The young Verbena agreed.

"Easy now." Serge said in a calming concerned voice. "Your surrounded by friends. And by the sounds of it you haven't lost your magick. In fact, what kind of magick do you use anyways?" Serge asked hoping that talking about her magick would calm her down.

Tears started running down the small woman's cheeks.
"No I did not loose mu magick, that is true...but it was so close...so close if...if..."
She whimpered terrified and started whimpering in pain again.
"I...I...my magick I...am a blood witch I do rituals using my own blood...and I mostly work with living things and with energies."
She said and smiled slightly.
"Master Telar say I will use my magick again I have to have hope that she is right but...but...it was so...close..."
She whispered.

"Oh man that's genius! And Mr. Karyak should be in shark-themed dress with shark teeth lining the bottom of the dress." Serge said drawing the two men exactly as they were described. With Colin being in a pink helicopter over looking the scene and a pool of water where Tane was relaxing in his rather ferocious looking dress.

"Yeah and Jon needs a computer dress...like something out of that old movie Tron."
Beatrice said, she seamed a little bit cheered up from the earlier upsetting topic by the hilarity of it.
"And there we have the heiicopter I see."
She muttered and smiled.
"Perfect..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 19:31

(DIDN't Spect That)
I got temporary mana, and althoguh i couldn't consume it, i guess it's going to make a really good material for Warpaint. With that i can pay for our improved security messures. Tane said amiling as he brought back a sealed bowl of ashes. I'll store it up and get it to the chantry, this will help greatly.

NOw all properly handled, Tane went up to coawa Let's get going, then, we don't want to let them hanging.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 20:14

Narim nodded at that. "Right now it is not likely to be safe the Crats will be there soon if they are not there already trying to figure out what have happened. But as soon as things have settled down I will send people to get the cars." He promised. "If you leave the spare keys then I will see to it as soon as possible."

"Actually, I may still have the Deaconess's keys now that I think about it, so that would save that problem," he said, checking for them since he drove her car. "My spares are in the breadbox in my kitchen. I give you permission to get them if you need to."

"Very well we can wait while you drink it." Jeffry said and he glanced at the bottle. "Is it one of Master Haagen's potions?"

"Yes," he said, unstopping the top to drink it. It probably wasn't going to taste better the second time around, either but his mind would be protected. He thought over - mind and kinetic shield, about as much as he could carry easily. He should probably try to sense spirits, though the ones that were here would be most often a terrible kind. He started. "I just remembered. I think inside we found out there was a spirit being held against its will here too..." he squinted as he sifted his memories. It was hard, they'd found many similar tactics being used but he knew June...had told them about this place at first..."Glava, a Jaggling bound to the walls inside. She fights her bonds...perhaps we can find her," he suggested. "Then there are also two bound pain and suffering spirits," he said with a grimace. He started to cast the rote that would allow him to perceive and communicate with Glava if they came across her, plus it was probably a good idea to keep an eye out for those pain spirits and avoid them if they could.

"It is you who have honored me mea filius you have given me the joy of teaching. You know you are nothing like my first student...Peter...he was an uneducated street urchin when I met him and I only originally took him as an apprentice to get him of the streets and give him a chance, you however where educated, highly motivated and have always been refined...in many ways you could not be more different, but Peter grew into a fine warrior that did honor to his House..." Jeffry paused for a moment a bit of a sad look in his eyes. "He died saving a bus filled with prisoners the Union planned to enslave at MECHA, I could not be more proud of him, he reached the end all members of our House wish for, a honorable death in battle, a death that means something and he faced it with honor. I see allot of Peter in you Adley, different as you may be, and just in case anything should happen during this battle...I wanted you to know that." The old mage said and he offered a fond smile.
"I see you in every way like a son."

"I am glad you think highly of me sir, and I hope to continue to do so .Although I was an adult when I met you more or less, I feel that you are my father in every way that matters. The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb and all that after all."

Your Mentor stepped out of the Umbra and held the portal open or you...and then you found yourself in a room marked by battle, it had once been the work shop's store, but the windows had been blown out and bullets where found on the floor, the marks of fireballs hitting the walls and well and then there was the dead, several men and woman laying prone on the floor, ripped apart by bullets and magick.

From the back room there was a horrible feeling, a feeling of darkness, the portal probably. In the back room you found a woman with her hands bound by tape who had managed to get to her feet, she was pretty with a mass of curly hair, dark skin and dark eyes, she was injured but not badly, seeing you and your Mentor she backed away towards the wall. On the ground lay another bound man, he was crying softly and where not doing the same effort to get out of his bounds as the woman, he seamed to have given up and where just awaiting his fate. "Grab her please, they are not anyone of ours so I suspect they are Fallen!"

The place had already seen some action, there were already bodies all around them. He spotted the portal (he hoped they had not changed the password he recorded if he needed to use it, though it seemed it might be open at the moment given the feeling), the woman and moved to intercept her.

// lol-ing at the thought of everyone dressed as Disney characters
spirit 2: sense/communication: 0, 5, 5
ooc3 : I had to look up the name of the elemental from June's intel because I lost my note (cry), the portal in Brown's auto shop was a mirror then - but I assume the tapestry is the same portal unless perhaps the Nephandi changed it to something else (totally possible).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 20:27

"Yeah I understand how bad memories can get...sorry if anything I said dredged them up."
Beatrice said softly.

"No worries." Serge said with a smile trying to disguise his own pain.

"Hum you may be right perhaps I will watch some of the new movies when time allows."
The young Verbena agreed.

"Apparently their's going to be a movie night at this Chantry." Serge said remembering a past conversation he had with Rosa.

"You might be able to watch it then."

Tears started running down the small woman's cheeks.
"No I did not loose mu magick, that is true...but it was so close...so close if...if..."
She whimpered terrified and started whimpering in pain again.
"I...I...my magick I...am a blood witch I do rituals using my own blood...and I mostly work with living things and with energies."
She said and smiled slightly.
"Master Telar say I will use my magick again I have to have hope that she is right but...but...it was so...close..."
She whispered.

"Don't focus on things that haven't happened. Focus on the awesome things your able to do! Your a blood witch? That sounds so cool!" Serge said trying to focus more on the fact that Beatrice could do magick rather than the fact that she had almost lost it.

"All I can do is draw pictures and make them come to 'life'."

"Yeah and Jon needs a computer dress...like something out of that old movie Tron."
Beatrice said, she seamed a little bit cheered up from the earlier upsetting topic by the hilarity of it.
"And there we have the heiicopter I see."
She muttered and smiled.
"Perfect..."

"Yeah! It could have flashing LED's and circuitry patterns. And Dr. Lee should be in a medical themed dress with Chinese characters and medicine bottles and stuff like that." Serge said happily, glad to see that he was bringing Beatrice out of her pained state, even if it was for just a little moment.

After finishing up Colin helicopter and Tane's shark dress, Serge began work on the tron dressed Jon. Of course he had a no idea what Jon looked like so he just drew a computer-y dress floating next to the mages with nobody wearing it. He hoped to fill it in when he learned how Jon looked like.

"So what does Jon actually look like?" Serge asked.

(OOC: I actually was just planning on making a normal picture of the Cabal for Beatrice. But as soon as Bruce mentioned you guys as Disney Princesses all I could think about was how odd and amazing Adley would look in a flaming dress like the one Katniss wore in the Hunger Games, except with more fire.  Razz)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 21:46

Tane:

I got temporary mana, and althoguh i couldn't consume it, i guess it's going to make a really good material for Warpaint. With that i can pay for our improved security messures. Tane said amiling as he brought back a sealed bowl of ashes. I'll store it up and get it to the chantry, this will help greatly.

"Warpaint might make for a good gift for the werewolves."
Coawa said and nodded.
"I am glad the working went well brother."

NOw all properly handled, Tane went up to coawa Let's get going, then, we don't want to let them hanging.

Coawa nodded at that.
"Very well lead the way brother."

Adley:

"Actually, I may still have the Deaconess's keys now that I think about it, so that would save that problem," he said, checking for them since he drove her car. "My spares are in the breadbox in my kitchen. I give you permission to get them if you need to."

You did have the Deaconess' keys, they hung from her unicorn keychain both the key and keychain being made out of brass.
"Thank you for your trust I will get the keys if needed."
Narim agreed.

"Yes," he said, unstopping the top to drink it. It probably wasn't going to taste better the second time around, either but his mind would be protected. He thought over - mind and kinetic shield, about as much as he could carry easily. He should probably try to sense spirits, though the ones that were here would be most often a terrible kind. He started. "I just remembered. I think inside we found out there was a spirit being held against its will here too..." he squinted as he sifted his memories. It was hard, they'd found many similar tactics being used but he knew June...had told them about this place at first..."Glava, a Jaggling bound to the walls inside. She fights her bonds...perhaps we can find her," he suggested.

Jeffry frowned at that and nodded.
"It do not suprise me that the Nephandi would use such tactics we are going to have to find this spirit then, she might become a powerful ally."
He agreed.
"And beside freeing her if at all able is the right thing to do."
You drank Darrian's potion and no it did not taste any better this time around.

"Then there are also two bound pain and suffering spirits," he said with a grimace. He started to cast the rote that would allow him to perceive and communicate with Glava if they came across her, plus it was probably a good idea to keep an eye out for those pain spirits and avoid them if they could.

"Ah yes those two...we should try to avoid them."
Jeffry said and nodded, he waited while you cast your rote, which went very well and as it took effect the Umbra around you just looked darker, you saw the spiritual plain better now, this horrid area of it just looking more decrepid and lost to your spiritual senses and you thought you heard the faint sound of screams in the distance.

"I am glad you think highly of me sir, and I hope to continue to do so .Although I was an adult when I met you more or less, I feel that you are my father in every way that matters. The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb and all that after all."

Jeffry looked at you for a moment and smield proudly.
"I could not have cared for a vulgar son more mea filius, and you have done well in your studies. Let us hope we both survive I would like the honor of teaching you further, and if one of us should perish let us hope it is a glorious death that would do our Founder proud!"

The place had already seen some action, there were already bodies all around them. He spotted the portal (he hoped they had not changed the password he recorded if he needed to use it, though it seemed it might be open at the moment given the feeling), the woman and moved to intercept her.

The woman was bound and wounded so catching her where to to hard and she glared at you. Jeffry hesitated.
"I would prefer to bring them in alive to face justice but I do not like leaving an enemy at my back..."
He said and looked at you.
"Input?"
He requested, perhaps wanting your opinion perhaps teaching you how to deal with a situation like this.
"Leaving them runs the risk of them escaping or attacking us from behind, killing them let them escape in death..."

(OOC: Missing notes always sucks. No the tapestry are the same portal it was my error I remembered it was in the back of the auto shop and how it works but I misremembered the form, oh well sorry about that let us say the tapestry covers the mirror.)

Serge:

"No worries." Serge said with a smile trying to disguise his own pain.

Beatrice did not comment further but she gave you a kind, concerned look.

"Apparently their's going to be a movie night at this Chantry." Serge said remembering a past conversation he had with Rosa.

"You might be able to watch it then."

"Yeah they...have movie nights in the cafeteria quite often."
Bee c\said and smiled slightly.
"Perhaps I will indeed."

"Don't focus on things that haven't happened. Focus on the awesome things your able to do! Your a blood witch? That sounds so cool!" Serge said trying to focus more on the fact that Beatrice could do magick rather than the fact that she had almost lost it.

"All I can do is draw pictures and make them come to 'life'."

"I know you are right but..."
The young Verbena begun then she sigh.
"Yeah I am a blood witch...it works for me, though making pictures come to life sounds wonderful."
She said and she was clearly cheered up by talking about magick.
"What are your favorite rote?"

"Yeah! It could have flashing LED's and circuitry patterns. And Dr. Lee should be in a medical themed dress with Chinese characters and medicine bottles and stuff like that." Serge said happily, glad to see that he was bringing Beatrice out of her pained state, even if it was for just a little moment.

"Yeah that sounds good...that would fit them perfectly..."
The young Verbena said she sounded rather tired though, talking was wearing her out and she just watched you draw in silence for a while.

After finishing up Colin helicopter and Tane's shark dress, Serge began work on the tron dressed Jon. Of course he had a no idea what Jon looked like so he just drew a computer-y dress floating next to the mages with nobody wearing it. He hoped to fill it in when he learned how Jon looked like.

"So what does Jon actually look like?" Serge asked.

"Jon? He is og average height he have short, messy hair that is somewhere between dark blond and brown, a thin face, blue eyes..."
Beatrice went on to describe the trenchcoat wearing young technomancer you had seen during the fight with the oil men, a man you head heard the others call Jon.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 22:16

"What the Mad Ones do with Paradox is horrifying but even more troubeling is that fact that we could all end up like that, it is this whole there for the grace of God go I kind of thing which freak me out."
Colin nodded, "And how they are mad varies, too... At least the ones simply stuck in another time period can be reasoned with..."

"My Mentor once broke into a Traditionalist Chantry, knowing what would happen if she got caught, to rescue my brother who where their prisoner, I want to be like her, but I am not sure I have it in me, I would be terrified to do something like that."
Brandon said and shook his head.
He nodded, "Courageous, to be certain, but I expect she had intel and a plan - rushing in blindly is not so much brave as stupid, but if you know what you are going to face, it does become a little easier."

"I just want to not get shot you know."
The kid muttered sourly.
He grinned, "That makes three of us in this room alone. It hurts. A lot."

Dalisse took your arm, you had to support her entire weight but it was not much as she walked towards her little sitting group.
"You can scold them a bit."
She said and sigh.
"But I understand why it happened."
He nodded, "So do I... still, there's the issue of reasonable force and all that - the last blast seems to have been unusually excessive."

"I do not know what the Main Sentencing Hall is but from the name I can guess and yes it seams...far to many of my friends will loose their souls."
Brandon muttered and turned pale.
"It is so sad and it frankly terrify me...is that what will happen to Siege as well?"
He asked in a somber tone of voice.
He nodded, "Siege is a little unusual, I don't know how things will happen... but for the time being, he is necessarily separated from his Avatar, and that's a painful thing for them. It is in my care, and I will guard it well, and clean it up to the best of my ability, but I'm afraid that barring a miracle, Siege will... well..."
He sighed, "I don't like it - he's a brave, clever man; he doesn't deserve it... but there is only so much to protect prisoners from a cruel law. At the very least, I will do what I can to make sure they are treated humanely while in captivity - see to it that they are afforded at least a measure of dignity toward the end... Nobody should face that without at least one friendly face in the crowd. Perhaps not even Diego..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 23:19

Colin nodded, "And how they are mad varies, too... At least the ones simply stuck in another time period can be reasoned with..."

"Reasoned with yes but they all think sharing is caring when it comes to Paradox and that makes them bloody menaces!"
Brandon griped.

He nodded, "Courageous, to be certain, but I expect she had intel and a plan - rushing in blindly is not so much brave as stupid, but if you know what you are going to face, it does become a little easier."

"She had plans so she did not go in unprepared, my Mentor is brave but she is not stupid and she returned home with my brother and most of that Chantry's Tass stores."
The boy said proudly.

He grinned, "That makes three of us in this room alone. It hurts. A lot."

"Yeah...I can imagine that it do, bullets leave nasty wounds."
Brandon said and he looked fearfully down.
"Let us try to avoid that."

He nodded, "So do I... still, there's the issue of reasonable force and all that - the last blast seems to have been unusually excessive."

"It was indeed quite bad."
Dalisse said a bit urgently as she sat down in a chair a bit exhausted.
"I hope that will nto happen again..."

He nodded, "Siege is a little unusual, I don't know how things will happen... but for the time being, he is necessarily separated from his Avatar, and that's a painful thing for them. It is in my care, and I will guard it well, and clean it up to the best of my ability, but I'm afraid that barring a miracle, Siege will... well..."

"Will it at least be quick when his death comes?"
Brandon asked sadly.
"After...well...you know..."

He sighed, "I don't like it - he's a brave, clever man; he doesn't deserve it... but there is only so much to protect prisoners from a cruel law. At the very least, I will do what I can to make sure they are treated humanely while in captivity - see to it that they are afforded at least a measure of dignity toward the end... Nobody should face that without at least one friendly face in the crowd. Perhaps not even Diego..."

"Diego can go and fuck himself with a pineapple, I could tell you some of the things he have done while at the Labyrinth but I do not think you would like to hear it."
The young Nephandus grumbeled.
"The rest though...I guess they will appriciate it I would not like to be alone in a cell...waiting for such a...fate where everyone hated me..."
He said softly and shuddered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 23:55

"Reasoned with yes but they all think sharing is caring when it comes to Paradox and that makes them bloody menaces!"
Brandon griped.
Colin grimaced, "Very much so... I had to shoot one down; she was tearing a street apart in pursuit of myself and a few others... If you can convince them to not use magic in your presence, they can sometimes be quite pleasant, but if you are, for any reason, on their shit list, well... get some Primium ammunition and hope for the best, I suppose..."

"She had plans so she did not go in unprepared, my Mentor is brave but she is not stupid and she returned home with my brother and most of that Chantry's Tass stores."
The boy said proudly.
He nodded, "As would be expected of a security chief on the offensive..."
He held up one of the Tass buttons he had left, "Funny thing, that; for the longest time, your side has been able to use my side's Tass without much difficulty, while my side has had to avoid yours like the plague. Those days are, incidentally, over now."

"Yeah...I can imagine that it do, bullets leave nasty wounds."
Brandon said and he looked fearfully down.
"Let us try to avoid that."
He nodded, "Let us, indeed."

"It was indeed quite bad."
Dalisse said a bit urgently as she sat down in a chair a bit exhausted.
"I hope that will nto happen again..."
He frowned, "No, let us hope not. I would hate to have to reprimand colleagues and friends for repeating the same mistake after I warned them a second time..."

"Will it at least be quick when his death comes?"
Brandon asked sadly.
"After...well...you know..."
He frowned, "That actually depends on his wishes, I believe - if he wants to live, he might be allowed as much... if he is executed as part of the sentence, it will be virtually instantaneous after... well, I am given to understand the standard method of execution is something akin to detonating every cell in the target's body at once. Not much time for pain with that, and not much to mop up afterwards, either..."

"Diego can go and fuck himself with a pineapple, I could tell you some of the things he have done while at the Labyrinth but I do not think you would like to hear it."
The young Nephandus grumbeled.
"The rest though...I guess they will appriciate it I would not like to be alone in a cell...waiting for such a...fate where everyone hated me..."
He said softly and shuddered.
He shook his head, "No, I don't think I would like to hear further recountings of his sins... nor, I think, do I need to. I know he tried to rape my apprentice once, and that got him brutally beaten and thrown out of the Chicago Labyrinth by her then-Mentor, Prelate Gabriel. She is twelve now, so you can probably do the math... I don't know when he came here, but it does show how much the wretch considers consequences before he does something monstrous again..."
He nodded, "No, being alone and hated by everyone while you're waiting for the end is horrible... well, I can't say that I remember that exact feeling, since I had at least one person who fought like a mama bear for me, but... unlike you, I at least had earned every last beating I received back then... No, I fear I am in for an unpleasant few months, trying to be the friendly face in the crowd for so many people in the Sentencing Hall..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next