Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 28 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:21 am

"You think the ship have been damaged further?"
Brandon asked and he looked at Dalisse.
"I wonder how she experience her connection to the ship?"
Then he looked up at you.
"You where in the military?"
Colin nodded soberly, then smiled, "The connection with the ship is quite remarkable... Imagine, if you will, having your mind merged with a puppy; you feel what it feels, you sense what it sees, and it communicates with you in simple emotions and imagery rather than words. And yes, I was, but that was a long time ago, before you were born..."

"That is cool I guess for those who want to go back."
The kid said and shrugged.
He nodded, "More importantly, it shows that the practice of Gilgul is excessive and needlessly cruel..."

"That is why you would get shot right away not to get a chance to escape."
Brandon said and shrugged.
"My Mentor are a practical woman."
He said then he studied your face for a moment.
"A missile, that must have been horrible."
He commented.
He nodded, "I can't fault pragmatism. As for the missile... it was pretty bad, coming out of nowhere."

"Shit well, the ship do eat people."
Brandon said and glanced at the wall and shivered a little.
"I am glad Ivan got away he is nice, through Lady Larson will not be kind when she finds out he ran away."
He said and frowned.
He shrugged, "Someone seems to be blowing up stuff on board, and Lady Larson is trying to summon and bind an Aswadim to unmake Creation. I don't think Ivan's going to be troubled by Lady Larson, really - either she succeeds and we all cease to be, or she fails, and she's going to be too busy to worry about a stray..."

"That is good that her pulse have improved a bit."
Brandon said and nodded.
"No the Aswaim...no one can do anything about him and to be frank this whole project scare me so much what if he...snap his fingers and destroy us all...but it is not my place to judge what my superiors are doing."
He said nervously then his eyes widened.
"You met the Jade Demon...really? That is so...so cool, what was he like? Do he really have gold claws...is he as powerful as they say? What did he say...what where her wearing?"
The boy said and he looked like a sleeper teenager who had been told that you had met one of his favorite pop stars, his eyes where big and shining with excitement.
He shrugged, "Fortunately, it seems Aswadim, like our own Oracles, rarely act directly. They advise and direct, rather than alter Creation themselves."
He nodded, "Hum, I wasn't looking at his hands, actually... He looks like an old Chinese Gentleman, like the old sages you might find in Chinese movies taking place in their mythology. He is indeed powerful, too - he speaks softly, because he radiates the big stick, in a manner of speaking. As for what he said... he asked me to deliver a message. So I did."

"Ehm...I but...pain?"
Brandon said nervously.
"I do not really like pain really no...but what do you need me to do?"
He said and nervously plucked at his shirt.
He nodded toward Dalisse's hand next to Brandon, "Take her hand, gently, like I do..."
He gently took her other hand in his own, and waited for Brandon to follow suit, "Dalisse, if you can hear me, share your pain with us... let us help comfort the ship, we've been through pain before, it can be endured, but it's easier if we share the burden..."

((OOC: Good idea. A cheap replacement should be able to do the trick for surfing and the like, and there's a chance you could get the main machine back in one piece, too. Make a backup, though, just in case. Also, if it's the battery/power cable connection, it sounds more like an Entropic problem than a Static one. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 28 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Colin nodded soberly, then smiled, "The connection with the ship is quite remarkable... Imagine, if you will, having your mind merged with a puppy; you feel what it feels, you sense what it sees, and it communicates with you in simple emotions and imagery rather than words. And yes, I was, but that was a long time ago, before you were born..."

"That is rather cool actually, to have such a connection with an animal...but this ship do not look much like a puppy to me."
Brandon said then he nodded.
"Before I was born eh...well I guess you still knows how to fight then...which is not really a positive for me I guess."
He said and frowned.

He nodded, "More importantly, it shows that the practice of Gilgul is excessive and needlessly cruel..."

The boy looked rather scared at the mention of Gilgul and he shuddered and rubbed his arms with both hands as if cold.
"Yeah that would be nice not to have to fear that if I where captured."
He said glumly and looked at you fearfully as you might still decide to bring him in.

He nodded, "I can't fault pragmatism. As for the missile... it was pretty bad, coming out of nowhere."

"Her Pragemtism is why she is the Security Chief."
Brandon said proudly.
"Well I will assume it came out of a rocket launcher but it either case yes that is terrifying...I do not think I would like being blown up."
He muttered.
"It looks like you got patched back together pretty well though."

He shrugged, "Someone seems to be blowing up stuff on board, and Lady Larson is trying to summon and bind an Aswadim to unmake Creation. I don't think Ivan's going to be troubled by Lady Larson, really - either she succeeds and we all cease to be, or she fails, and she's going to be too busy to worry about a stray..."

Brandon frowned at that and looked away.
"Yeah I guess you are right...it do not feel right though to, just bring about non existence...now do not get me wrong it is what I want for my end spiritual goal but just bringing it about feels a little like getting a High School diploma but having never attended class I want to reach Desencion but I want to reach it myself...but again it is not my place to protest."
He muttered and sigh.
"But yeah you are right Lady Larson is probably not going to have time to hunt down a stray."

He shrugged, "Fortunately, it seems Aswadim, like our own Oracles, rarely act directly. They advise and direct, rather than alter Creation themselves."

Brandon nodded at that.
"Yeah our own Oracles are the same way they will not act that is what the Lady want to do, force him to act...he will not be pleased with that...I wish I could see him though, I had not joined yet the last time an Aswaim visited the Labyrinth...such power he must be beautiful..."
He said and smiled then he turned concerned.
"I fear what he might direct other Labyrinths to do to us though. That might be even worse than what the Traditions would do."

He nodded, "Hum, I wasn't looking at his hands, actually... He looks like an old Chinese Gentleman, like the old sages you might find in Chinese movies taking place in their mythology. He is indeed powerful, too - he speaks softly, because he radiates the big stick, in a manner of speaking. As for what he said... he asked me to deliver a message. So I did."

"What message did he ask you to bring?"
The star struck Nephandus asked.
"That sounds so cool...did he have mutations...my Mentor said chances are I will get some eventually I guess that is cool but I am a little afraid of it to...but the Jade Demon he sounds awesome."
Brandon said and grinned.

He nodded toward Dalisse's hand next to Brandon, "Take her hand, gently, like I do..."
He gently took her other hand in his own, and waited for Brandon to follow suit, "Dalisse, if you can hear me, share your pain with us... let us help comfort the ship, we've been through pain before, it can be endured, but it's easier if we share the burden..."

Brandon took Dalisse's hand like instructed and gasped.
"She feels so...frail...like if I could snap her bone with a bit of pressure...then again I have not touched anyone for a thosand years other than the ones who carried me from the Caul chamber and that I do not really remember so it might just be me."
He said, it took a moment then Dalisse stirred and you felt intense burning, t felt like after you where shot down, burning and bruised with bits missing, it hurt intensly, you heard that Brandon screamed, you felt the hole in the floor, the burned walls, all of it, and you felt the Traditionalists moving around licking their wounds, you felt the one surviving pawn running through the hallways in schock. You felt the ship's pain, his fear, air brushing past the wounds...and then Dalisse woke up and she pulled the sensations away from you and Brandon.
"Colin...I am sorry..."
She muttered weakly and you heard Brandon hit the floor and saw him curl up into a little ball.
"Brandon damn...that I am so sorry I should not put this on you two...the shit is hurting so badly I...I..."
She muttered sadly, at least she was awake.
"The battle is done..."
She whispered.

(OOC: Yeah that was my thought as well. And yeah a definitive Entropic problem. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:37 pm

"That is rather cool actually, to have such a connection with an animal...but this ship do not look much like a puppy to me."
Brandon said then he nodded.
"Before I was born eh...well I guess you still knows how to fight then...which is not really a positive for me I guess."
He said and frowned.
Colin smiled, "No, the ship is a lot bigger than a puppy, but it has some of the same simple joy in getting out to run and play... I would say it has a powerful mind, but it's still something close to an animal intellect. And yes, I still know how to fight... over the past few days, I've killed and captured Fallen as necessary. That does not mean I have enjoyed doing so - but i will do what is necessary to win and, if possible, survive. Right now, for you, that just means that you'd be wise not to do something foolish - my bullets are quicker than your legs, I believe. Later... if all goes well for me and mine, you might enjoy a cup of tea with Dalisse while I depart."

The boy looked rather scared at the mention of Gilgul and he shuddered and rubbed his arms with both hands as if cold.
"Yeah that would be nice not to have to fear that if I where captured."
He said glumly and looked at you fearfully as you might still decide to bring him in.
He nodded, "It hurts. I'm not entirely certain whether or not you are able to imagine how much it hurts... I have memories of it. No, you don't want to be captured - at the very least, not with a Fallen Avatar. If you were to restore it before surrendering, that should be able to change the outcome, though... but I won't tell you what you should or should not do in that regard. I don't have the right to do so - only the obligation to stop you by any means necessary if I judge you to be a threat to Creation."

"Her Pragemtism is why she is the Security Chief."
Brandon said proudly.
"Well I will assume it came out of a rocket launcher but it either case yes that is terrifying...I do not think I would like being blown up."
He muttered.
"It looks like you got patched back together pretty well though."
He nodded, "True enough, it came out of a rocket launcher. I didn't see it in time, though... and yes, the best surgeon the military coalition could provide managed do stitch my face back on."
He gave Brandon a conspiratorial wink, "My Avatar and I are unusually durable and ornery like that. Some archaeologist in the future might wonder what the hell happened to me to have healed scars in my skull like this..."

Brandon frowned at that and looked away.
"Yeah I guess you are right...it do not feel right though to, just bring about non existence...now do not get me wrong it is what I want for my end spiritual goal but just bringing it about feels a little like getting a High School diploma but having never attended class I want to reach Desencion but I want to reach it myself...but again it is not my place to protest."
He muttered and sigh.
"But yeah you are right Lady Larson is probably not going to have time to hunt down a stray."
He nodded, "Yes, personal Descension... while I consider it a loss for the whole, I can't really object too much to that - personal liberties and all that - it's when someone decides that such Descension is the right thing for them, and by extension for the whole of Creation that I find i have to protest."

Brandon nodded at that.
"Yeah our own Oracles are the same way they will not act that is what the Lady want to do, force him to act...he will not be pleased with that...I wish I could see him though, I had not joined yet the last time an Aswaim visited the Labyrinth...such power he must be beautiful..."
He said and smiled then he turned concerned.
"I fear what he might direct other Labyrinths to do to us though. That might be even worse than what the Traditions would do."
He smiled wryly, "There's a very telling passage in the Christmas Evangelium, if you're familiar with it... when the angel greets the shepherds in the fields, the first thing it says is 'Be not afraid.' That's what that degree of power feels like - terrifyingly beautiful, terrifyingly intense... There's a reason why the arrival of an Aswadim demands immediate reverence and submission."

"What message did he ask you to bring?"
The star struck Nephandus asked.
"That sounds so cool...did he have mutations...my Mentor said chances are I will get some eventually I guess that is cool but I am a little afraid of it to...but the Jade Demon he sounds awesome."
Brandon said and grinned.
He shook his head, "A personal message of regret and willingness to compensate for loss - not for anyone else but the recipient. He is an honourable man. As for mutations - I did not see any. It is quite possible he had some under his clothes, though. And... he does inspire awe, yes."

Brandon took Dalisse's hand like instructed and gasped.
"She feels so...frail...like if I could snap her bone with a bit of pressure...then again I have not touched anyone for a thosand years other than the ones who carried me from the Caul chamber and that I do not really remember so it might just be me."
He nodded, fingertips brushing lightly over her hand, "Her bones are remarkably fine, like those of a bird, perhaps... be gentle."

He said, it took a moment then Dalisse stirred and you felt intense burning, t felt like after you where shot down, burning and bruised with bits missing, it hurt intensly, you heard that Brandon screamed, you felt the hole in the floor, the burned walls, all of it, and you felt the Traditionalists moving around licking their wounds, you felt the one surviving pawn running through the hallways in schock. You felt the ship's pain, his fear, air brushing past the wounds...and then Dalisse woke up and she pulled the sensations away from you and Brandon.
"Colin...I am sorry..."
She muttered weakly and you heard Brandon hit the floor and saw him curl up into a little ball.
"Brandon damn...that I am so sorry I should not put this on you two...the shit is hurting so badly I...I..."
She muttered sadly, at least she was awake.
"The battle is done..."
She whispered.
He rasped quietly, "Quite alright, we had to get through... Christ, but that hurt. Poor ship..."
He fished up his phone and sent Darrian a message, 'We will have words later, your team and I. What part of "try not to hurt the ship" suggested bombs? Before you can advance, you need to heal the ship - the ship can regenerate the structural damage over time, but the open wounds and pain MUST be treated, or we'll have a lot more difficulty trying to direct the ship's support.'
He paused for a moment, then sent another, 'That said, good work with the Fallen, Sir.'
He stepped, slightly unsteadily, around the bed and leaned down to check Brandon's vital signs, "Ah, sorry about that, kid... thank you, you were brave to help like that, but I really didn't expect it would hit you quite that hard..."
He glanced down at the phone, then arched an eyebrow, "Hm, Dalisse, could you perhaps call the security chief and let her know Brandon is a little worse for the wear, after he accidentally helped relieve some of your pain from the damage to the ship? That could let us keep him here where it's safe, and lower suspicion... Just let her know he's resting here for a bit?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole remained focused on keeping watch for enemies; after all this would be the perfect time to launch a counter-attack. On the question, she gave a small nod. 'Something to sort out this knocked-about shoulder would be grand.' attempting to ignore the ache of it with the rifle butt pressing on it - something she knew would really hurt if she had to fire.

She nodded at Francis' comment. 'Nicole. Really shit first day, this is. And I came here to be quiet for a little bit.'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 pm

He said and he moved out of the way so you could get into the Node chamber it was a large room with bare, rough rock walls, there where stones there with ancient inscriptions and in the center of the room there where a natural obsidian bowl, it looked like a small astroid had hit sand and made glass out of it, and this is where the Quintessence came from. Next to the bowl lay a young man wrapped in blankets he looked sick and weak. In the bowl lay a young woman, she was cute rather than pretty and so small you would think she was a twelve year old until you studied her face and realized she was a adult woman about your age, her hair was short, black and matted with sweat, her face where deathly pale her large brown eyes where staring around fearfully and she was whimpering softly. Her eyes where full of pain and terror, endless terror.
"This is Beatrice Alexander and the kid over there is Tobias.
Bruce said. Tobias also glanced up at you from where he lay on the floor.
"Hey..."
He muttered. Beatrice just looked at you with terrified eyes.

Serge started to understand Dr. Lee and Rosa's fear as he saw the women. The fear in her eyes and the terror in her voice made it sound like the women lived in constant fear. Not too mention it looked like she was inside the Node!

When Tobias said hey, Serge looked to the side and gave him a friendly smile and wave. "Hey Tobias!."

And then he looked back at Beatrice with the same easy-going look. He didn't want to frighten her any further nor did he want to upset her by making it seem like her condition affected him.

"And your Beatrice. It's nice to meet you. My name is Serge Yager." he said simply with a calming smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:52 pm

"He sound like someone who needs a fresh dose of the serum well before the old one stops being effective." Narim said and frowned. "It must have been horrible but now we have him, he can hurt no one else ever again." The Virtual Adept said in an attempt to cheer you up.

"Yes," he agreed.

You got back to the cafeteria just as Jeffry returned as well a grim determination on his face. "Ah mea filius...how are Master Sharaya doing?" He asked.

"He is well, sir," he reported with a nod of greeting. "He got some dox but he said he is ok."

"And did you find out where Miss Dawn and the sleepers where placed." He said as he wiped his hands on a wet wipe as if he did not want the feeling of hacing touched Wallace Jace to linger and he offered you another pack of wipes. "Miss William gave me these said they might be useful if we need to get blood of our hands during the fight, she is handeling security for the Chantry while we are way." He said. "Are you ready and willing to return to the battle?"

He took the wipes, cleaned up his hands and returned them. "Useful," he agreed, digging out the tablet as he said, "I informed him of the...unique properties of the prisoner, just so he is aware." He wrote quickly, [i]'tass + talisman chamber'[i/] showed him, wiped it and put it away.

"Are you ready and willing to return to the battle?"

"We're going in where?" he asked as he tested his shield to see if it was holding. Then he fished in his bag for the rest of the potion Darrian had given him to keep it handy. When he was done and ready he gave a nod to him.

// that's good, let the warrantee do its work then if there's something to fix

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "No, the ship is a lot bigger than a puppy, but it has some of the same simple joy in getting out to run and play... I would say it has a powerful mind, but it's still something close to an animal intellect.

"That must make it hard for it to be chained down here in the Penumbra."
Brandon commented and frowned.
"It have been here a long time."

And yes, I still know how to fight... over the past few days, I've killed and captured Fallen as necessary. That does not mean I have enjoyed doing so - but i will do what is necessary to win and, if possible, survive. Right now, for you, that just means that you'd be wise not to do something foolish - my bullets are quicker than your legs, I believe. Later... if all goes well for me and mine, you might enjoy a cup of tea with Dalisse while I depart."

Brandon looked at you fearfully.
"Those who where captured...what...will happen to them? What they say the Traditions do to Fallen prisoners?"
He asked nervously then he sigh.
"I do not want to get shot...but are you really going to let me go...when this is all over? What if things do not go well with you and yours? What will happen to me then?"

He nodded, "It hurts. I'm not entirely certain whether or not you are able to imagine how much it hurts... I have memories of it. No, you don't want to be captured - at the very least, not with a Fallen Avatar. If you were to restore it before surrendering, that should be able to change the outcome, though... but I won't tell you what you should or should not do in that regard. I don't have the right to do so - only the obligation to stop you by any means necessary if I judge you to be a threat to Creation."

"I do not know if I can imagine it or if I want to imagine it...if it is anything like in the Caul...I..."
Brandon look like he got the urge to throw up ad turned away.
"I do not want to cleanse my Avatar but it would be better than that...I mean I want to reach Desencion it do not matter if I am Fallen or not I wanted ti before it is just that now I have more...dark thoughts and such and some memories I...I...well let us just say that entering a Caul really...sucks..."

He nodded, "True enough, it came out of a rocket launcher. I didn't see it in time, though... and yes, the best surgeon the military coalition could provide managed do stitch my face back on."
He gave Brandon a conspiratorial wink, "My Avatar and I are unusually durable and ornery like that. Some archaeologist in the future might wonder what the hell happened to me to have healed scars in my skull like this..."

"That is a skilled doctor...you and your Avatar...you said you remembered...well fuck..."
The young mage muttered.
"Fuck...fuck...someone harmed your Avatar aw man that...is rough!"
The exclaimed his eyes growing wide.

He nodded, "Yes, personal Descension... while I consider it a loss for the whole, I can't really object too much to that - personal liberties and all that - it's when someone decides that such Descension is the right thing for them, and by extension for the whole of Creation that I find i have to protest."

The young Nephandus just nodded slightly at that.

He smiled wryly, "There's a very telling passage in the Christmas Evangelium, if you're familiar with it... when the angel greets the shepherds in the fields, the first thing it says is 'Be not afraid.' That's what that degree of power feels like - terrifyingly beautiful, terrifyingly intense... There's a reason why the arrival of an Aswadim demands immediate reverence and submission."

"I am familiar with it and that is exactly right that is just how it is with the Aswadim they are so powerful...I would love to see one at one time, they say they could have reaconed personal Desencion but stayed to help guide others to the same goal they are awesome..."
The boy said with a religious fervor in his eyes.

He shook his head, "A personal message of regret and willingness to compensate for loss - not for anyone else but the recipient. He is an honourable man. As for mutations - I did not see any. It is quite possible he had some under his clothes, though. And... he does inspire awe, yes."

"Ok...I will not ask further about it then but man...man I would have loved to meet him...did you get the Jade Demon's autograph?"
Brandon asked as he almost bounced up and down with excitement his current situation forgotten for a moment.

He nodded, fingertips brushing lightly over her hand, "Her bones are remarkably fine, like those of a bird, perhaps... be gentle."

"O...ok I will be careful...some of the others hurt her though it is a wonder they have not broken her bones...or perhaps they have Prelatus Jace have been in her often."

He rasped quietly, "Quite alright, we had to get through... Christ, but that hurt. Poor ship..."

"I did not mean to hurt you but thank you...thank you both...and yes my ship is in pain, so much pain..."
Dalisse muttered.

He fished up his phone and sent Darrian a message, 'We will have words later, your team and I. What part of "try not to hurt the ship" suggested bombs? Before you can advance, you need to heal the ship - the ship can regenerate the structural damage over time, but the open wounds and pain MUST be treated, or we'll have a lot more difficulty trying to direct the ship's support.'
He paused for a moment, then sent another, 'That said, good work with the Fallen, Sir.'

You got a reply back from Darrian that said.
"Understood and sorry about that there was a misunderstanding between sending a drop through a portal and the entire bottle...I will get the ship healed but our Verbena are in poor condition."

He stepped, slightly unsteadily, around the bed and leaned down to check Brandon's vital signs, "Ah, sorry about that, kid... thank you, you were brave to help like that, but I really didn't expect it would hit you quite that hard..."

Brandon had uncurled by now and was trying to sit up he was pale and slightly cold, his pulse was racing but it was even and strong.
"Yeah...ehm ow...that is ok...are the Handler better?"
He asked and lifted one hand to his head and groaned.
"Now I want to be blown up even less...remind me never to do that...fuck..."
He muttered and shivered, cold from the shock to his system.

He glanced down at the phone, then arched an eyebrow, "Hm, Dalisse, could you perhaps call the security chief and let her know Brandon is a little worse for the wear, after he accidentally helped relieve some of your pain from the damage to the ship? That could let us keep him here where it's safe, and lower suspicion... Just let her know he's resting here for a bit?"

Dalisse nodded and looked at the phone.
"I can do that...but I have never used such a device before so you have to help me with the number."
She muttered still sounding rather weak.
"How is the apprentice doing?"
She asked and Brandon said from the floor.
"I am fine Lady Dalisse..."
He did not sound completely fine though.

Nicole:

Nicole remained focused on keeping watch for enemies; after all this would be the perfect time to launch a counter-attack. On the question, she gave a small nod. 'Something to sort out this knocked-about shoulder would be grand.' attempting to ignore the ache of it with the rifle butt pressing on it - something she knew would really hurt if she had to fire.

"Ok...I will take care of it you will feel warmth and some stinging as the flesh knit itself back together and heals."
Thorn said and he begun to carve more symbols into his own arms, there was allot of cuts in them now from all the work he had done and just as you said you felt a bit of soothing warmth and then a sharp, stinging sensation as everything knit back together, though it did not hurt much and you felt allot better afterwards and where just a bit sore.
"How is that Miss?"
He asked when he was done.

She nodded at Francis' comment. 'Nicole. Really shit first day, this is. And I came here to be quiet for a little bit.'

"Yeah...it seams you ended up in Nephandi asshole central instead."
Francis groaned as he nodded in thanks to Thorn.
"It is nice to meet you though Nicole."

Serge:

Serge started to understand Dr. Lee and Rosa's fear as he saw the women. The fear in her eyes and the terror in her voice made it sound like the women lived in constant fear. Not too mention it looked like she was inside the Node!

When Tobias said hey, Serge looked to the side and gave him a friendly smile and wave. "Hey Tobias!."

Tobias gave you a weak smile.
"It is nice to meet you."
He muttered politely.

And then he looked back at Beatrice with the same easy-going look. He didn't want to frighten her any further nor did he want to upset her by making it seem like her condition affected him.

"And your Beatrice. It's nice to meet you. My name is Serge Yager." he said simply with a calming smile.

"I am Beatrice yes...it is nice to meet you Mr Yager."
Beatrice muttered weakly she sounded like talking was hard for her and she closed her eyes for a moment.
"My Cabalmate spoke kindly of you...said you could help me get some peaceful rest...I...would appreciate the aid and would repay the favor when...I am better."
She asked politely.

Adley:

"Yes," he agreed.

"I can make sure a notice is sent out to you, your Mentor and Miss Williams 22 hours from now as a reminder?"
Narim offered.

"He is well, sir," he reported with a nod of greeting. "He got some dox but he said he is ok."

"That is good to know, I would hate to see the kid hurt again...then again he have the same rank as me, and in a few years he will surpass me perhaps I should not call him a kid."
Your Mentor said and smiled a little.

He took the wipes, cleaned up his hands and returned them. "Useful," he agreed, digging out the tablet as he said, "I informed him of the...unique properties of the prisoner, just so he is aware." He wrote quickly, [i]'tass + talisman chamber'[i/] showed him, wiped it and put it away.

Jeffry read what you had written and simply nodded.
"Good...and Mr Jace down there if he is still in our custody by tomorrow will get another dose of that serum long before the old one fades, Mr Wainwright tell me it can lead to brain damage to be injected with it to many times but for that man...I do not care he will not live long enough for it to be an issue."
The old Hermetic said darkly.

"We're going in where?" he asked as he tested his shield to see if it was holding. Then he fished in his bag for the rest of the potion Darrian had given him to keep it handy. When he was done and ready he gave a nod to him.

"We are going in by the auto shop portal."
Jeffry said.
"I want to fight as well Sir."
Duncan who was still in the cafeteria said but Jeffry shook his head.
"No...with...our current...loss we need good healers even more, you should stay here Mr Acherman."
He said, Duncan looked like he wanted to protest but then he sigh and nodded.
"As you will Master Morgan, please be careful both of you."
He said and Jeffry nodded.
"Thank you Mr Ackerman."
He said then he begun to make several hand gestures and the air in front of you started to shimmer. Your Mentor stepped through the portal into the Umbra and waited for you to follow him.

(OOC: That is the plan. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:52 pm

"I can make sure a notice is sent out to you, your Mentor and Miss Williams 22 hours from now as a reminder?" Narim offered.

"I'm not sure where I will be then, but I suppose that couldn't hurt if it is nonspecific and enough to jog my memory. I just wanted to tell you in the event we weren't here."

"That is good to know, I would hate to see the kid hurt again...then again he have the same rank as me, and in a few years he will surpass me perhaps I should not call him a kid." Your Mentor said and smiled a little

He smiled a little back and gave a small shrug. He figured he was also probably still considered a 'kid' - when a mage had lived several hundred years he figured anyone under fifty was probably 'young.'

"Good...and Mr Jace down there if he is still in our custody by tomorrow will get another dose of that serum long before the old one fades, Mr Wainwright tell me it can lead to brain damage to be injected with it to many times but for that man...I do not care he will not live long enough for it to be an issue."

"Narim may send us a reminder note on your phone."

"We are going in by the auto shop portal." Jeffry said.

"Alright," he agreed, reviewing what they knew about that access area. It seemed ages ago since he'd been in another labyrinth entirely since then.

"I want to fight as well Sir." Duncan who was still in the cafeteria said but Jeffry shook his head. "No...with...our current...loss we need good healers even more, you should stay here Mr Acherman." He said, Duncan looked like he wanted to protest but then he sigh and nodded. "As you will Master Morgan, please be careful both of you." He said and Jeffry nodded. "Thank you Mr Ackerman." He said then he begun to make several hand gestures and the air in front of you started to shimmer. Your Mentor stepped through the portal into the Umbra and waited for you to follow him.

He gave a nod to the alchemist and Verbena. He watched as his pater set up the entryway carefully and then followed his pater into the umbra.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:12 pm

"I am Beatrice yes...it is nice to meet you Mr Yager."
Beatrice muttered weakly she sounded like talking was hard for her and she closed her eyes for a moment.
"My Cabalmate spoke kindly of you...said you could help me get some peaceful rest...I...would appreciate the aid and would repay the favor when...I am better."
She asked politely.

"I've been doing a lot of that lately. Their's no need to repay me, I enjoy helping people." Serge said as he pulled out his sketchbook. He didn't bother asking why Beatrice needed the peaceful rest. The condition she was in said all that he needed to know.  Not too mention asking Beatrice would only risk upsetting her.

"Let's try and set your mind at ease. I was told that you like to draw and paint. I like to draw as well. How about I draw you a fun little picture." he offered.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Adley:

"I'm not sure where I will be then, but I suppose that couldn't hurt if it is nonspecific and enough to jog my memory. I just wanted to tell you in the event we weren't here."

"We do not even know if the man will be in our custody at that point Adley but if he is then a reminder might be useful and off course I will word it in a way the Union can not pick up on it."
Narim said.
"I do not have to send the reminder though but I thought it might be useful just to be sure as this is not a guy we want to have access to his magick at the Chantry."

"Narim may send us a reminder note on your phone."

"I do not think I would forget but a reminder will not hurt, just to be sure."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"Alright," he agreed, reviewing what they knew about that access area. It seemed ages ago since he'd been in another labyrinth entirely since then.

"We will try to catch up with our team there and help them as best we can in taking down the Labyrinth."
Your Mentor informed you.

He gave a nod to the alchemist and Verbena. He watched as his pater set up the entryway carefully and then followed his pater into the umbra.

You stepped out into Steelhaven's Penumbra which looked very much like the castle Serge imagined it to be, with stone walls and embroidered wall hangings. Jeffry lead the way deeper into the Umbra where the world around you became closer and closer to pure concepts and he followed a path that got more and more old an decrepit with old cars standing along the road then back into the Penumbra, ere you saw the auto shop and it was splattered with blood and looked like something right out of a horror movie, with black walls and black windows.
"Is there anything you need to do before we step through into the auto shop mea filius?"
Jeffry asked, he had not spoken much during the walk here.
"I am not going to ask you if you are ok, with all that have happened no one would be...however once this is all said and done and there is time Adley...if you need to talk I am here for you."
The old mage said and patted you gently on the shoulder.
"I wanted you to know that and that I am proud of you...you have handled this situation well."
He said as he looked at you for a moment.
"Well then let us lay waste to our enemies..."

Serge:

"I've been doing a lot of that lately. Their's no need to repay me, I enjoy helping people." Serge said as he pulled out his sketchbook. He didn't bother asking why Beatrice needed the peaceful rest. The condition she was in said all that he needed to know. Not too mention asking Beatrice would only risk upsetting her.

"Thank you...you are most kind Mr Yager...at least let me cook you a meal when I am well again to show my appreciation."
Beatrice said, she did not open her eyes though and she seamed weak, sick and very upset.

"Let's try and set your mind at ease. I was told that you like to draw and paint. I like to draw as well. How about I draw you a fun little picture." he offered.

The Verbena opened her eyes slowly.
"Yes I enjoy painting..."
She said and winced again.
"A funny picture...ok...that will be nice."
She said and turned over on her side, you noticed her hands where chained together.
"Please do not worry about these they are just so...I will not use my magick in desperation and end up hurting myself."
Beatrice explained you when she noticed you seeing the cuffs.

(OOC: Darrian is is the Labyrinth so only Duncan is in the cafeteria.)
(OOC 2: Well that was not written as well as I would want it but I am having a little trouble concentrating so I was thinking you would rather have a bad post than no post. Sorry about that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:32 am

"That must make it hard for it to be chained down here in the Penumbra."
Brandon commented and frowned.
"It have been here a long time."
Colin nodded, "The poor thing wants to fly free... it yearns for the Deep Umbra..."

Brandon looked at you fearfully.
"Those who where captured...what...will happen to them? What they say the Traditions do to Fallen prisoners?"
He asked nervously then he sigh.
"I do not want to get shot...but are you really going to let me go...when this is all over? What if things do not go well with you and yours? What will happen to me then?"
He frowned, "While the stories of how we are... heh... the monsters under the bed are to some extent true, we're not the only ones who practice that disgusting ritual... and I wish we didn't. But to put it like this: if my side wins the battle today, the ship will be freed and I will be too busy getting off to worry about a Fallen apprentice. If my side loses, the world will cease to have ever existed, and I will be too busy with nonexistence to worry about a Fallen apprentice who no longer exists, either... If you are lucky, perhaps Dalisse will let you stay on for companionship for a while. Or she'll drop you off some convenient location on her way."

"I do not know if I can imagine it or if I want to imagine it...if it is anything like in the Caul...I..."
Brandon look like he got the urge to throw up ad turned away.
"I do not want to cleanse my Avatar but it would be better than that...I mean I want to reach Desencion it do not matter if I am Fallen or not I wanted ti before it is just that now I have more...dark thoughts and such and some memories I...I...well let us just say that entering a Caul really...sucks..."
He nodded, "I've visited a ship that might have accidentally dropped into the Caul dimension... it's a pretty horrid ship, tainted beyond anything I've ever seen before. I can... imagine what it's like; not sure if it's accurate or not, but I certainly wouldn't want to go there..."

"That is a skilled doctor...you and your Avatar...you said you remembered...well fuck..."
The young mage muttered.
"Fuck...fuck...someone harmed your Avatar aw man that...is rough!"
The exclaimed his eyes growing wide.
He nodded, "I didn't remember that until after someone tried to Gilgul me yesterday... she failed, because my Avatar remembered and wanted nothing to do with that ritual... I was unharmed, but the pain of the merest touch of it was enough to send me into a coma for a couple of days. Thank Heaven for Archmagi with time bubbles..."

"I am familiar with it and that is exactly right that is just how it is with the Aswadim they are so powerful...I would love to see one at one time, they say they could have reaconed personal Desencion but stayed to help guide others to the same goal they are awesome..."
The boy said with a religious fervor in his eyes.
He grinned, "Well, I like your enthusiasm, at least... You know, my wife-to-be will likely become an Oracle some day... centuries from now, probably, but still... Of course, I must admit to having some preference for my side's Oracles over your side's, but all the same... they're pretty much the same, in a mirror darkly..."

"Ok...I will not ask further about it then but man...man I would have loved to meet him...did you get the Jade Demon's autograph?"
Brandon asked as he almost bounced up and down with excitement his current situation forgotten for a moment.
He chuckled, "An Arcane connection to one of the most powerful Nephandi on the continent? If he would not have killed me for the impertinence of asking for his autograph on the spot, there were at least half a dozen Masters of the Art from the Traditions present who would gladly have done so for fraternizing with the enemy..."

"O...ok I will be careful...some of the others hurt her though it is a wonder they have not broken her bones...or perhaps they have Prelatus Jace have been in her often."
He nodded and glanced toward the maw that had devoured Lou, "Yes, I am given to understand there's a disturbing turnover rate of residents who mistreat her..."

"I did not mean to hurt you but thank you...thank you both...and yes my ship is in pain, so much pain..."
Dalisse muttered.
He nodded quietly.

"Understood and sorry about that there was a misunderstanding between sending a drop through a portal and the entire bottle...I will get the ship healed but our Verbena are in poor condition."
He frowned, and typed back, 'I know, miss Ravensblood was just killed, it seems. I don't know the details, but it seems the entire Coven took it hard... Please convey my condolences, and if you can, help them see the urgency of the situation. There was one survivor from your fight, and she got away.'

Brandon had uncurled by now and was trying to sit up he was pale and slightly cold, his pulse was racing but it was even and strong.
"Yeah...ehm ow...that is ok...are the Handler better?"
He asked and lifted one hand to his head and groaned.
"Now I want to be blown up even less...remind me never to do that...fuck..."
He muttered and shivered, cold from the shock to his system.
He gave Brandon's shoulder a light reassuring squeeze, "She's come to. The ship is still in pain, though, poor dear... that was a noble thing you did there, but i regret that it hurt that much. I could take it, but I was not expecting you to be so overwhelmed. I am sorry."

Dalisse nodded and looked at the phone.
"I can do that...but I have never used such a device before so you have to help me with the number."
She muttered still sounding rather weak.
"How is the apprentice doing?"
She asked and Brandon said from the floor.
"I am fine Lady Dalisse..."
He did not sound completely fine though.
He nodded, "Well, your unfamiliarity with the phone would make it a little more implausible that you could place the call unassisted... Brandon seems to be recovering, though he was overwhelmed, it seems. Perhaps he is just barely well enough to show you himself, though?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:33 am

"Thank you...you are most kind Mr Yager...at least let me cook you a meal when I am well again to show my appreciation."
Beatrice said, she did not open her eyes though and she seamed weak, sick and very upset.

"Sure thing, that sounds awesome. You know my cousin also owes me a meal. I think I'm gonna get fat after eating all this food." Serge said chuckling.

The Verbena opened her eyes slowly.
"Yes I enjoy painting..."
She said and winced again.
"A funny picture...ok...that will be nice."
She said and turned over on her side, you noticed her hands where chained together.
"Please do not worry about these they are just so...I will not use my magick in desperation and end up hurting myself."
Beatrice explained you when she noticed you seeing the cuffs.

"Painting eh. I'm more of a pen and pencil type of guy myself. The best cartoons were always hand-drawn." Serge said with a smile. He took a small cursory glance at Beatrice's restraints. It reminded him of the serum that Kyle was forced to take to prevent him from using magick in desperation as well.

He flipped to a new page in his sketchbook and turned around so that Beatrice could see what he was drawing. He pulled out a pencil and began to make a rough sketch, his pencil gliding along the page with skilled dexterity.

"This is a picture for you so you should think of some stuff to put in it. What's your favorite animal?" Serge asked as he began to draw. He wanted to take Beatrice mind of whatever ailed her and hoped talking about her favorite things would do so.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 am

Anja's Post:

A rather puzzled look Nicole's face on seeing how Thorn did the deed out of the corner of her eye; it made no sense whatsoever to her. No... it didn't even suggest that it might make sense on some level she didn't get. The pain wasn't too bad; she'd had too much ink done in the past for it not to be somewhat familiar, for starters.

However Thorn's... thing worked, you couldn't argue with results. Or, at least Nicole wasn't the kind of person to do so. Gave a nod of thanks and a little smile, then went back to watching for any counter-attack.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The poor thing wants to fly free... it yearns for the Deep Umbra..."

Brandon nodded at that.
"I sort of feel sorry or him now."
He muttered.

He frowned, "While the stories of how we are... heh... the monsters under the bed are to some extent true, we're not the only ones who practice that disgusting ritual... and I wish we didn't. But to put it like this: if my side wins the battle today, the ship will be freed and I will be too busy getting off to worry about a Fallen apprentice. If my side loses, the world will cease to have ever existed, and I will be too busy with nonexistence to worry about a Fallen apprentice who no longer exists, either... If you are lucky, perhaps Dalisse will let you stay on for companionship for a while. Or she'll drop you off some convenient location on her way."

Brandon looked down and sigh.
"But what about my Mentor and my brother and sister if they get taken prisoner they will be...will be..."
He said and had to struggle with his growing panic.
"I...I guess I could stay on the ship for a while or go somewhere else but I worry about my loved oned still in the Labyrinth."

He nodded, "I've visited a ship that might have accidentally dropped into the Caul dimension... it's a pretty horrid ship, tainted beyond anything I've ever seen before. I can... imagine what it's like; not sure if it's accurate or not, but I certainly wouldn't want to go there..."

Brandon looked away and shivered.
"I...do not like to talk about it really...but yeah the Caul sort of suck and had I been given the choice again I do not think I would enter it again."

He nodded, "I didn't remember that until after someone tried to Gilgul me yesterday... she failed, because my Avatar remembered and wanted nothing to do with that ritual... I was unharmed, but the pain of the merest touch of it was enough to send me into a coma for a couple of days. Thank Heaven for Archmagi with time bubbles..."

"Someone tried to...oh fuck I would have shit myself and...fuck...well shit you are disturbingly impressive to be on your feet after that...damn."
The young Nephandus said his eyes growing wide.

He grinned, "Well, I like your enthusiasm, at least... You know, my wife-to-be will likely become an Oracle some day... centuries from now, probably, but still... Of course, I must admit to having some preference for my side's Oracles over your side's, but all the same... they're pretty much the same, in a mirror darkly..."

"Your future wife is going to become an Oracle? How do you know that? Time travel?"
The boy asked then he grinned.
"That is pretty cool you better be nice to her then if she is going to become basically a goddess."
He said and smiled.

He chuckled, "An Arcane connection to one of the most powerful Nephandi on the continent? If he would not have killed me for the impertinence of asking for his autograph on the spot, there were at least half a dozen Masters of the Art from the Traditions present who would gladly have done so for fraternizing with the enemy..."

"I guess...but damn it would have been cool if you had gotten it. I so wish I could meet the Jade Demon."
The young Nephandus said still star struck and grinning.

He nodded and glanced toward the maw that had devoured Lou, "Yes, I am given to understand there's a disturbing turnover rate of residents who mistreat her..."

"Yeah...those who mistreat her tend to turn up missing, or we find parts of them...very small parts of the in the corridors."
Brandon said and frowned.

He frowned, and typed back, 'I know, miss Ravensblood was just killed, it seems. I don't know the details, but it seems the entire Coven took it hard... Please convey my condolences, and if you can, help them see the urgency of the situation. There was one survivor from your fight, and she got away.'

You got a reply back from the Solificato Master.
"I will tell them, they are healing my team here now and I will ask them to heal the ship, they are moving and working but clearly upset, especially Miss Dawn's apprentice. I think Verbena Covens are linked together somehow through tough trees they keep and feed with their blood. I know one of the pawns escaped, there is little to do about that now we will push on as soon as we can."

He gave Brandon's shoulder a light reassuring squeeze, "She's come to. The ship is still in pain, though, poor dear... that was a noble thing you did there, but i regret that it hurt that much. I could take it, but I was not expecting you to be so overwhelmed. I am sorry."

Brandon jumped a little when you touched him then he settled down.
"That is ok, perhaps I am just a wimp...I mean other than the Caul and that is so...so...bad it sort of can not be understood..."
He muttered and shivered.
"Well anyway other than that I...have never been hurt much...my Mentor favors other kinds of punishments saying her hurting me will just make me resent her, and other than that I broke my arm falling of my bike when I was five but I have not otherwise been injured so the worst pain I am likely to experience is Paradox, well and stuff like stubbing my toe, the yearly flu shot and biting myself by accident when eating things like that...I am not really used to pain and...I am blabbering am I not...sorry...sorry..."
The kid spoke quickly clearly trying to prove that he was not a wimp even if he had not dealt well with the pain from the ship.

He nodded, "Well, your unfamiliarity with the phone would make it a little more implausible that you could place the call unassisted... Brandon seems to be recovering, though he was overwhelmed, it seems. Perhaps he is just barely well enough to show you himself, though?"

"I would be delighted to have him show me, but you know I could just contact the Chief telepatically."
Dalisse said and smiled a little.
"That might be better it would be more natural for me to do so than use my guest's phone."

Serge:

"Sure thing, that sounds awesome. You know my cousin also owes me a meal. I think I'm gonna get fat after eating all this food." Serge said chuckling.

"Home cookes meals are often more healthy so I think you will be fine."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little at your commented.
"What if I make my mother's homemade hamburgers?"
She said before she groaned in pain again, clearly fighting with agony to be able to speak.

"Painting eh. I'm more of a pen and pencil type of guy myself. The best cartoons were always hand-drawn." Serge said with a smile. He took a small cursory glance at Beatrice's restraints. It reminded him of the serum that Kyle was forced to take to prevent him from using magick in desperation as well.

"I agree Mr Yager the best cartoons are hand drawn."
The young Verbena said softly.
"And I do draw as well, but when making a full picture I like oil paints and when I let my Avatar express itself on canvas though my hands."

He flipped to a new page in his sketchbook and turned around so that Beatrice could see what he was drawing. He pulled out a pencil and began to make a rough sketch, his pencil gliding along the page with skilled dexterity.

"This is a picture for you so you should think of some stuff to put in it. What's your favorite animal?" Serge asked as he began to draw. He wanted to take Beatrice mind of whatever ailed her and hoped talking about her favorite things would do so.

The young Verbena though for a moment then she smiled.
"Honeybees Mr Yager, they are my favorite animal...my nickname is Bee so I feel connected with them and beside they are cute...I also like cats and those mini hamsters...you know the ones that fit in your hand and is just a tiny ball of fur with four pink paws jutting out and little round ears."
She said and she cough and cried out and grabbed the blankets and she writhed in pain.
"Sorry.."
She gasped.
"I will be...ok...please go on..."

Nicole:

A rather puzzled look Nicole's face on seeing how Thorn did the deed out of the corner of her eye; it made no sense whatsoever to her. No... it didn't even suggest that it might make sense on some level she didn't get. The pain wasn't too bad; she'd had too much ink done in the past for it not to be somewhat familiar, for starters.

However Thorn's... thing worked, you couldn't argue with results. Or, at least Nicole wasn't the kind of person to do so. Gave a nod of thanks and a little smile, then went back to watching for any counter-attack.

Thorn returned your nod with a hollow smile then he went on to the next person who needed help. Darrian walked over to him and spoke to him a bit and your heard the alchemist tell the Verbena to try to heal the ship, Thorn just nodded he was to grief struck to protest.

When he had spoken with the Verbena healer Darrian came over to you.
"One our healers are done we move out, Mr Riaz is back on his feet and is working on a new shield for us, I want him, you and Mr Better to take point, then the rest of us will move forwards with the healers in the middle, we need them alive if anyone else gets hurt."
He informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 am

Brandon nodded at that.
"I sort of feel sorry or him now."
He muttered.
Colin smiled thinly, "I think you're an alright kid, son."

Brandon looked down and sigh.
"But what about my Mentor and my brother and sister if they get taken prisoner they will be...will be..."
He said and had to struggle with his growing panic.
"I...I guess I could stay on the ship for a while or go somewhere else but I worry about my loved oned still in the Labyrinth."
He shook his head sadly, "I'm sorry... there's nothing I can do to protect them - if I even tried, my own life and Avatar would be forfeit, too..."

Brandon looked away and shivered.
"I...do not like to talk about it really...but yeah the Caul sort of suck and had I been given the choice again I do not think I would enter it again."
He nodded, "I'm sorry I dredged up your unpleasant memories."

"Someone tried to...oh fuck I would have shit myself and...fuck...well shit you are disturbingly impressive to be on your feet after that...damn."
The young Nephandus said his eyes growing wide.
He grinned sheepishly, "Well, I wasn't quite conscious at the time, and I spent a few days effectively comatose in a time bubble afterwards... but yes, I am rather durable."

"Your future wife is going to become an Oracle? How do you know that? Time travel?"
The boy asked then he grinned.
"That is pretty cool you better be nice to her then if she is going to become basically a goddess."
He said and smiled.
He grinned, "Her future self had a chat with me, actually. She needed to tell me a few things. And becoming a goddess - most women already are, in their own ways. But yes, I will."

"I guess...but damn it would have been cool if you had gotten it. I so wish I could meet the Jade Demon."
The young Nephandus said still star struck and grinning.
He nodded, "Well, if you were to head to Chicago, it's quite possible he might decide to take you in."

You got a reply back from the Solificato Master.
"I will tell them, they are healing my team here now and I will ask them to heal the ship, they are moving and working but clearly upset, especially Miss Dawn's apprentice. I think Verbena Covens are linked together somehow through tough trees they keep and feed with their blood. I know one of the pawns escaped, there is little to do about that now we will push on as soon as we can."
He sighed softly, "Well, bugger... Well, nothing more to add to that right now..."

Brandon jumped a little when you touched him then he settled down.
"That is ok, perhaps I am just a wimp...I mean other than the Caul and that is so...so...bad it sort of can not be understood..."
He muttered and shivered.
"Well anyway other than that I...have never been hurt much...my Mentor favors other kinds of punishments saying her hurting me will just make me resent her, and other than that I broke my arm falling of my bike when I was five but I have not otherwise been injured so the worst pain I am likely to experience is Paradox, well and stuff like stubbing my toe, the yearly flu shot and biting myself by accident when eating things like that...I am not really used to pain and...I am blabbering am I not...sorry...sorry..."
The kid spoke quickly clearly trying to prove that he was not a wimp even if he had not dealt well with the pain from the ship.
He smiled, "You'll be fine, Brandon. You just passed out from the pain. I've done the same twice this week, it's nothing to be ashamed of. You'll see more pain in your life; might as well embrace the inevitability of it. It's the ones who try to run and hide from the potential of pain who are the wimps, not the ones who face it head on and try to power through it. That's potential pain, mind - certain pain is a little more circumstantial; not everything that can cause you pain is worth it..."

"I would be delighted to have him show me, but you know I could just contact the Chief telepatically."
Dalisse said and smiled a little.
"That might be better it would be more natural for me to do so than use my guest's phone."
He smiled sheepishly, "...or you could use telepathy, yes. Lacking the knack, I tend to not consider that others have that option."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "I think you're an alright kid, son."

"Even if I am an Nephandus? That is surprising."
Brandon said and raised and eyebrow.

He shook his head sadly, "I'm sorry... there's nothing I can do to protect them - if I even tried, my own life and Avatar would be forfeit, too..."

"I guess I have to just hope that your side looses then."
Brandon said and sigh.
"What is your name by the way? What should I call you?"

He nodded, "I'm sorry I dredged up your unpleasant memories."

"That is ok...it is over now...even if that is hard to believe it is over."
The kid muttered and shivered.

He grinned sheepishly, "Well, I wasn't quite conscious at the time, and I spent a few days effectively comatose in a time bubble afterwards... but yes, I am rather durable."

"Even so...shit just the thought of loosing my Avatar and with it my magick terrify me...I can not imagine what being close to that must have been like I do not think I want to know!"
Brandon said and shivered.

He grinned, "Her future self had a chat with me, actually. She needed to tell me a few things. And becoming a goddess - most women already are, in their own ways. But yes, I will."

"Oh that is cool to talk to an Oracle in the future..."
The young Nephandus said sounding impressed.
"Yeah women are awesome, like my Mentor and sister and my mother...oh and there is this pawn girl I like."
He said and blushed then he turned serious.
"She will be in danger during the attack as well..."
He muttered sadly.

He nodded, "Well, if you were to head to Chicago, it's quite possible he might decide to take you in."

"You really think so? That would be great...but what about my Mentor I can not just abandon her she is my teacher after all."
The eager young Nephandus said.
"She is teaching me about magick and unmaking reality and important stuff like that."

He smiled, "You'll be fine, Brandon. You just passed out from the pain. I've done the same twice this week, it's nothing to be ashamed of. You'll see more pain in your life; might as well embrace the inevitability of it. It's the ones who try to run and hide from the potential of pain who are the wimps, not the ones who face it head on and try to power through it. That's potential pain, mind - certain pain is a little more circumstantial; not everything that can cause you pain is worth it..."

"Yeah but I passed out from allot less than you can handle."
The young Nephandus muttered.
"Pain sucks but yes I will experience more of it and I hope to be brave when that happens but I do not know if I can be, at least not if I see it coming, really even when something do not hurt very much waiting for pain you know is coming is worse than the pain itself."
He commented.
"Well I am ok now though I am just a bit shaken that is all."

He smiled sheepishly, "...or you could use telepathy, yes. Lacking the knack, I tend to not consider that others have that option."

Dalisse smiled a little at that.
"Well so is often the case I find it hard to remember that I can talk with actual sound."
She said.
"One moment then Colin."
She closed her eyes for a moment then she said.
"The Chief say Brandon can stay here for the duration of the attack...em she also says it will soon be over that she is activating her defences...the thing is those defences I do not know what is so they are not part of the ship...this could be bad Colin."
Dalisse said nervously.
"You better warn your friends that trouble is coming."
She muttered with some urgency in her voice. Brandon looked at you and Dalisse and got a look in his eye that told you he knew what this defense system where and that it scared him but he said nothing and looked away.
"It is better to tell your friends to run."
He muttered after a while.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 pm

"Even if I am an Nephandus? That is surprising."
Brandon said and raised and eyebrow.
Colin grinned, "So is my apprentice. That's something of a legal complication, though, but nevertheless... not all Fallen are outright horrible people. Most are, but in the past week, I've met... I think you're at least the eighth Fallen I've met who has shown at least a modicum of decency, if not outright a measure of honest goodness at the core. Not all Traditionalists are literal monsters under the bed, although I'll admit that I did play the part for a moment there."

"I guess I have to just hope that your side looses then."
Brandon said and sigh.
"What is your name by the way? What should I call you?"
He tilted his head to the side for a moment, pondering, "My name... well, you can feel free to call me Colin."

"Even so...shit just the thought of loosing my Avatar and with it my magick terrify me...I can not imagine what being close to that must have been like I do not think I want to know!"
Brandon said and shivered.
He nodded, "You are entirely right about that - you do not want to know..."

"Oh that is cool to talk to an Oracle in the future..."
The young Nephandus said sounding impressed.
"Yeah women are awesome, like my Mentor and sister and my mother...oh and there is this pawn girl I like."
He said and blushed then he turned serious.
"She will be in danger during the attack as well..."
He muttered sadly.
He nodded, then frowned, "Yes, they will all be in danger... The pawn girl, though, might have been in danger anyway."

"You really think so? That would be great...but what about my Mentor I can not just abandon her she is my teacher after all."
The eager young Nephandus said.
"She is teaching me about magick and unmaking reality and important stuff like that."
He frowned, "If the security chief here is already gone, you would not be abandoning her, as such..."

"Yeah but I passed out from allot less than you can handle."
The young Nephandus muttered.
"Pain sucks but yes I will experience more of it and I hope to be brave when that happens but I do not know if I can be, at least not if I see it coming, really even when something do not hurt very much waiting for pain you know is coming is worse than the pain itself."
He commented.
"Well I am ok now though I am just a bit shaken that is all."
He nodded, "Like I said, fleeing in the face of potential pain is a different beast than fleeing in the face of certain pain. If you know that someone is going to drop a bomb precisely where you are standing it's perfectly reasonable for you to move, unless you're shielding someone else. If someone is throwing a small rock in your general direction, you can try to avoid it while advancing, rather than flee in case you just might be hit..."
He smiled wryly, "I've been blown up before. After that, it's a familiar pain, and that familiarity does provide some insulation. In the future, you might find that your tolerance for that particular pain has shifted a bit upward, too, so it's not entirely a loss."

Dalisse smiled a little at that.
"Well so is often the case I find it hard to remember that I can talk with actual sound."
She said.
"One moment then Colin."
She closed her eyes for a moment then she said.
"The Chief say Brandon can stay here for the duration of the attack...em she also says it will soon be over that she is activating her defences...the thing is those defences I do not know what is so they are not part of the ship...this could be bad Colin."
Dalisse said nervously.
"You better warn your friends that trouble is coming."
She muttered with some urgency in her voice. Brandon looked at you and Dalisse and got a look in his eye that told you he knew what this defense system where and that it scared him but he said nothing and looked away.
"It is better to tell your friends to run."
He muttered after a while.
His brow furrowed as he tapped out a message to Darrian, 'Security chief is activating her own defenses, nature unknown, not part of ship.'
He glanced at Brandon with a frown, "You know what the defenses are, don't you? I'm guessing it's not something that would hurt the ship further, or Jace's gas... so, spirits, perhaps? Something like Jodelle Jerkins' half-outsider children in Chicago? A swarm of artificial insects or something of the sort?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:17 pm

"Home cookes meals are often more healthy so I think you will be fine."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little at your commented.
"What if I make my mother's homemade hamburgers?"
She said before she groaned in pain again, clearly fighting with agony to be able to speak.

"Now that sound's delicious." Serge said simply. He saw that talking was painful for Beatrice and he didn't want to make her talk unnecessarily

"I agree Mr Yager the best cartoons are hand drawn."
The young Verbena said softly.
"And I do draw as well, but when making a full picture I like oil paints and when I let my Avatar express itself on canvas though my hands."

"Let your Avatar express itself on the canvas? Damn that sounds so much cooler than what I do. I always thought about it as bringing a small piece of my imagination into reality." Serge said as he scribbled in his sketchbook.

The young Verbena though for a moment then she smiled.
"Honeybees Mr Yager, they are my favorite animal...my nickname is Bee so I feel connected with them and beside they are cute...I also like cats and those mini hamsters...you know the ones that fit in your hand and is just a tiny ball of fur with four pink paws jutting out and little round ears."
She said and she cough and cried out and grabbed the blankets and she writhed in pain.
"Sorry.."
She gasped.
"I will be...ok...please go on..."

Serge flinched when Beatrice had what looked like a painful coughing fit. He respected her words and didn't mention anything about it, but he was still concerned about her well-being.

"Bee's, cat's and hamsters? Their's something we can do with those. How about we draw you as a Disney Princess? With animals just flocking around you. With a cute mini hamster in the palm of one of your hands, kittens pawing for your attention at your feet, and bees buzzing around you." Serge said describing the picture out loud while forming the picture within his mind.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Serge:

"Now that sound's delicious." Serge said simply. He saw that talking was painful for Beatrice and he didn't want to make her talk unnecessarily

Beatrice smiled a little and nodded.
"I...it is a deal then."
She muttered weakly.

"Let your Avatar express itself on the canvas? Damn that sounds so much cooler than what I do. I always thought about it as bringing a small piece of my imagination into reality." Serge said as he scribbled in his sketchbook.

"Less cool than...a way to keep him happy and keep myself under control...but yes a drawing is a way to bring imagination into reality...I like that."
The young Verbena said softly and whimpered.

Serge flinched when Beatrice had what looked like a painful coughing fit. He respected her words and didn't mention anything about it, but he was still concerned about her well-being.

"Bee's, cat's and hamsters? Their's something we can do with those. How about we draw you as a Disney Princess? With animals just flocking around you. With a cute mini hamster in the palm of one of your hands, kittens pawing for your attention at your feet, and bees buzzing around you." Serge said describing the picture out loud while forming the picture within his mind.

Beatrice looked amused for a moment then she nodded.
"I have never seen myself as the princess type but sure...that might be fun."
She muttered and closed her eyes again for a moment before reopening them.
"This might be fun."
She said and she managed a slight smile.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "So is my apprentice. That's something of a legal complication, though, but nevertheless... not all Fallen are outright horrible people. Most are, but in the past week, I've met... I think you're at least the eighth Fallen I've met who has shown at least a modicum of decency, if not outright a measure of honest goodness at the core. Not all Traditionalists are literal monsters under the bed, although I'll admit that I did play the part for a moment there."

"You apprentice is Fallen wow I did not think that was legal in the Traditions, not that I know allot about the Traditions."
Brandon said sounding surprised.
"Yeah some of us are real monsters really for that is tolerated...or even encouraged here, but not all of us want to walk the path of Desencion being dicks to everyone we see."
He agreed.
"And yeah a literal Traditionalist under the bed the irony is delicious."

He tilted his head to the side for a moment, pondering, "My name... well, you can feel free to call me Colin."

Brandon smiled.
"Colin it is then. Nice to meet you."

He nodded, "You are entirely right about that - you do not want to know..."

The young Nephandus gave you a scared look at that.

He nodded, then frowned, "Yes, they will all be in danger... The pawn girl, though, might have been in danger anyway."

"I guess you are right Colin...Talia have been in danger since she came her, my Mentor offered to gift her to me...as property but I do not want to own her I want her to like me."
He said and looked down at his shoes.
"Anyway I am worried about my Mentor and my brother and sister I do not want something bad to happen to them."

He frowned, "If the security chief here is already gone, you would not be abandoning her, as such..."

"No I guess not but my Mentor is like powerful and shit."
Brandon protested.
"She can't die she just can't!"
He declared and glared at you.

He nodded, "Like I said, fleeing in the face of potential pain is a different beast than fleeing in the face of certain pain. If you know that someone is going to drop a bomb precisely where you are standing it's perfectly reasonable for you to move, unless you're shielding someone else. If someone is throwing a small rock in your general direction, you can try to avoid it while advancing, rather than flee in case you just might be hit..."

"I understand that I think Colin...it is ok to fear pain but not to let that fear stop you from doing what you want to do or what needs to be done?"
Brandon asked as he glanced at you.

He smiled wryly, "I've been blown up before. After that, it's a familiar pain, and that familiarity does provide some insulation. In the future, you might find that your tolerance for that particular pain has shifted a bit upward, too, so it's not entirely a loss."

"So you mean that because I have broken my arm once then I might handle it better if I break a bone again at some point in time?"
The boy asked sounding a bit confused.
"I think it would still hurt pretty badly."

His brow furrowed as he tapped out a message to Darrian, 'Security chief is activating her own defenses, nature unknown, not part of ship.'

"Thanks for the heads up. We will be careful."

He glanced at Brandon with a frown, "You know what the defenses are, don't you? I'm guessing it's not something that would hurt the ship further, or Jace's gas... so, spirits, perhaps? Something like Jodelle Jerkins' half-outsider children in Chicago? A swarm of artificial insects or something of the sort?"

"I do not know much about the Chicago Labyrinth Colin but yes I do know what my Mentor's defenses are, at least some of them but I can't tell you about them...I can't betray my Mentor!"
The boy muttered.
"Sorry, we should be safe here and no it will not damage the ship nor is it the Prelate's scary as fuck gas but your friends should run."

(OOC: This computer takes for ever to set up I had packed the old one away for my husband to copy the content of it and then send it to service but I had to boot it back up to write a post for my new one just takes hours with this F**** update. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:43 pm

"You apprentice is Fallen wow I did not think that was legal in the Traditions, not that I know allot about the Traditions."
Brandon said sounding surprised.
"Yeah some of us are real monsters really for that is tolerated...or even encouraged here, but not all of us want to walk the path of Desencion being dicks to everyone we see."
He agreed.
"And yeah a literal Traditionalist under the bed the irony is delicious."
Colin nodded, "Her circumstances are unique and unprecedented, true, but she's not the first Fallen to find a home among us."

Brandon smiled.
"Colin it is then. Nice to meet you."
He nodded, smiling thinly.

"I guess you are right Colin...Talia have been in danger since she came her, my Mentor offered to gift her to me...as property but I do not want to own her I want her to like me."
He said and looked down at his shoes.
"Anyway I am worried about my Mentor and my brother and sister I do not want something bad to happen to them."
He frowned, "Ah, if she is your, hm, property, I suppose that offers her some protection from the predations of the likes of Diego..."

"No I guess not but my Mentor is like powerful and shit."
Brandon protested.
"She can't die she just can't!"
He declared and glared at you.
He shrugged, "We can all die... powerful or not, no-one is immune to death. I was there when Prelatus Ojan died after the Union terminally wounded him, I personally killed Prelatus Gabriel in Chicago, and I saw the end of Keeper Cotta and Abigail's security chief... Great power is helpful, but by no means an absolute guarantee you won't die..."

"I understand that I think Colin...it is ok to fear pain but not to let that fear stop you from doing what you want to do or what needs to be done?"
Brandon asked as he glanced at you.
He nodded, "Quite so."

"So you mean that because I have broken my arm once then I might handle it better if I break a bone again at some point in time?"
The boy asked sounding a bit confused.
"I think it would still hurt pretty badly."
He nodded, "Oh, it still hurts like, well, a broken bone, actually, but yes, while experience won't make the injury heal faster, your body will remember that pain, and start dealing with it. I'm sure Jace could explain more accurately how the body can produce its own pain relief in a pinch, though."

"I do not know much about the Chicago Labyrinth Colin but yes I do know what my Mentor's defenses are, at least some of them but I can't tell you about them...I can't betray my Mentor!"
The boy muttered.
"Sorry, we should be safe here and no it will not damage the ship nor is it the Prelate's scary as fuck gas but your friends should run."
He sighed and nodded, "I understand... I can't blame you for not wanting to betray your home. And I am not the sort of person who would resort to torture, either; I don't trust it in any case... but do understand that while it remains true that I don't wish you any harm, that will not stop me if I deem it necessary."
He glanced over at Dalisse, "I don't suppose you could try to find out what those defenses are - by observing what the security chief does, or sensing what moves throughout the ship?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Beatrice looked amused for a moment then she nodded.
"I have never seen myself as the princess type but sure...that might be fun."
She muttered and closed her eyes again for a moment before reopening them.
"This might be fun."
She said and she managed a slight smile.

"Yeah, it'll awesome. Ok imagine this. Your in a forest....their are lush trees all around you..." Serge said as his voice and his pencil worked in tandem to produce the picture both on the page and in her mind.

"Your simply walking. Without a care in the world. Peacefully content. Some bee's begin buzzing around you but your not scared. After all you and the bee's share a common name and their buzzing soothes you. bzzzzzzt." Serge said making his own bee noises as he began Beatrice into the picture.

He made sure to draw her with a peaceful smile on her face. How he wished her to be. He also drew the bees flying around her head, similarly to how birds would fly around Cinderella's head.

"Hearing the noise, your little hamster buddy takes a small peek out of your pocket and you let him jump onto your hands to view the black and yellow creatures circling around you." Serge said, now adding the curious mini hamster into the drawing, placing it on top of Beatrice's hands just like she mentioned.

"Seeing you get all of this attention, some nearby kittens get jealous and run towards you. Pawing at your feet begging for your attention." Serge said, now adding the final pieces to the picture. He added the kittens pawing Beatrice's feet in a similar fashion to how he saw the oil kittens pawing at the Deaconess's legs.  

"And thus we have, Beatrice the Disney Princess!" Serge concluded in one final spectacular motion and presenting the picture to Beatrice so that she could have a better look.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Serge:

"Yeah, it'll awesome. Ok imagine this. Your in a forest....their are lush trees all around you..." Serge said as his voice and his pencil worked in tandem to produce the picture both on the page and in her mind.

"Your simply walking. Without a care in the world. Peacefully content. Some bee's begin buzzing around you but your not scared. After all you and the bee's share a common name and their buzzing soothes you. bzzzzzzt." Serge said making his own bee noises as he began Beatrice into the picture.

He made sure to draw her with a peaceful smile on her face. How he wished her to be. He also drew the bees flying around her head, similarly to how birds would fly around Cinderella's head.

"That is a nice scene."
Beatrice said as she looked at your hands working on the drawing.
"I have always enjoyed the forest, deep in the marches my Coven will meet by a beautiful old tree..."
She said weakly but she gave you a slight smile.

"Hearing the noise, your little hamster buddy takes a small peek out of your pocket and you let him jump onto your hands to view the black and yellow creatures circling around you." Serge said, now adding the mini hamster into the drawing, placing it on top of Beatrice's hands just like she mentioned.

"Well that is...adorable."
The young mage said an she did seam to calm down a little as she watched you draw.

"Seeing you get all of this attention, some nearby kittens get jealous and run towards you. Pawing at your feet begging for your attention." Serge said, now adding the final pieces to the picture. He added the kittens pawing Beatrice's feet in a similar fashion to how he saw the oil kittens pawing at the Deaconess's legs.

"And thus we have, Beatrice the Disney Princess!" Serge concluded in one final spectacular motion and presenting the picture to Beatrice so that she could have a better look.

Beatrice smiled a little.
"Oh my that is quite...cute actually you know what Mr Yager I like that."
The wounded Verbena said and she winced again.
"And the scene is indeed quite peaceful, though I doubt I will ever wear a dress like that."
She muttered and blushed.
"You are very talented..."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Her circumstances are unique and unprecedented, true, but she's not the first Fallen to find a home among us."

"There are more? But I thought all Fallen prisoners where...well you know."
Brandon said sounding uneasy.

He frowned, "Ah, if she is your, hm, property, I suppose that offers her some protection from the predations of the likes of Diego..."

"Sadly not, I am just an apprentice...when she is my Mentor's property she can protect her...and me which is the only reason why I have not become...well that he have not done with me like he have with many of the others...the piece of shit can go and jump of a cliff."
The young Nephandus grumbled.

He shrugged, "We can all die... powerful or not, no-one is immune to death. I was there when Prelatus Ojan died after the Union terminally wounded him, I personally killed Prelatus Gabriel in Chicago, and I saw the end of Keeper Cotta and Abigail's security chief... Great power is helpful, but by no means an absolute guarantee you won't die..."

"You have killed Prelati? Shit but...but...I do not want my Mentor to die I care about her!"
The young Nephandus protested.
"She is all I got, she and my siblings I do not want them to die."

He nodded, "Quite so."

Brandon looked at you and nodded as what you said mae more sense to him.

He nodded, "Oh, it still hurts like, well, a broken bone, actually, but yes, while experience won't make the injury heal faster, your body will remember that pain, and start dealing with it. I'm sure Jace could explain more accurately how the body can produce its own pain relief in a pinch, though."

"I am going to have to ask the Prelatus then..."
Brandon said.
"But I think I get what you are saying Colin, perhaps if one know a type of pain one will not be so scared and it will hurt less?"

He sighed and nodded, "I understand... I can't blame you for not wanting to betray your home. And I am not the sort of person who would resort to torture, either; I don't trust it in any case... but do understand that while it remains true that I don't wish you any harm, that will not stop me if I deem it necessary."

"I...understand Colin...so you are only going to torture me if you absolutely have to?"
Brandon asked nervously.
"I have seen people tortured I do not think I would like to experience it. However I am not going to betray my Mentor or my home to avoid it either."
He said and the tried to sound brave though he really just sounded scared.

He glanced over at Dalisse, "I don't suppose you could try to find out what those defenses are - by observing what the security chief does, or sensing what moves throughout the ship?"

"I will do my best, but the Chief do not trust anyone and she is pretty good at avoiding my eyes."
Dalisse said and frowned then she closed her eyes and leaned back in her bed.
"But I will do my best to find out what she is up to."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 pm

"That is a nice scene."
Beatrice said as she looked at your hands working on the drawing.
"I have always enjoyed the forest, deep in the marches my Coven will meet by a beautiful old tree..."
She said weakly but she gave you a slight smile.

"Coven? Oh you must be a member of the Verbana." Serge inferred.

Beatrice smiled a little.
"Oh my that is quite...cute actually you know what Mr Yager I like that."
The wounded Verbena said and she winced again.
"And the scene is indeed quite peaceful, though I doubt I will ever wear a dress like that."
She muttered and blushed.
"You are very talented..."

"Eh I'm not that good. I've only been drawing for 18 years. I'm sure your pictures are just as amazing." Serge said with a smile.

"What else do you think we should add? How about Bruce the Disney Princess?" Serge said with a chuckle as he imagined the giant man in a colorful dress with guns and exercise machines flocking around him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 pm

"There are more? But I thought all Fallen prisoners where...well you know."
Brandon said sounding uneasy.
Colin shook his head, "Most, yes. But there is sufficient precedent for some to escape the usual doom... A strong mentor to guide a widderslainte has happened from time to time, and there is one Nephandus Master who, after surrendering, was permitted to live as a... Traditionalist with limited membership. He is rather exceptional, though, but enough to set the precedent that will save my apprentice."

"Sadly not, I am just an apprentice...when she is my Mentor's property she can protect her...and me which is the only reason why I have not become...well that he have not done with me like he have with many of the others...the piece of shit can go and jump of a cliff."
The young Nephandus grumbled.
He nodded, "That does limit how much you can protect her, yes... as for that shit, he's not going to trouble anyone again... except whoever is set to guard him at any given time, what with his predilection for opera performances. I think he's hoping that his arias will push someone to kill him prematurely. I don't think he will have much luck with that... Nor will he have any luck with cliffs, either. I was the one to capture him, in fact."

"You have killed Prelati? Shit but...but...I do not want my Mentor to die I care about her!"
The young Nephandus protested.
"She is all I got, she and my siblings I do not want them to die."
He nodded, "I have... Admittedly, I did not necessarily face them head on, magic against magic - as the SAS say, if you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already made a mistake. All the same, however powerful Prelati are, they are neither immortal nor invincible. I suppose perhaps no defense can ever be perfect against everything - you just have to pick which threats you want to make a priority. And nobody wants friends and family to die... I can only offer my sympathies and condolences in advance, I'm afraid."

"I am going to have to ask the Prelatus then..."
Brandon said.
"But I think I get what you are saying Colin, perhaps if one know a type of pain one will not be so scared and it will hurt less?"
He nodded, "That would be the approximate gist of it, yes. Burns, for example, have not been significantly problematic for me, pain-wise, for decades. A few years ago, I spilled some molten metal on my arm, and was able to get it off before I suffered more than a nasty burn. If that had been the first time I got burned, though... it might have cost me an arm. And when I was hit by a quite personally directed gout of primal fire yesterday, I was able to power through the pain without much more than a slight reduction in mobility for a while, after the application of bandages... it still hurt a lot, of course."

"I...understand Colin...so you are only going to torture me if you absolutely have to?"
Brandon asked nervously.
"I have seen people tortured I do not think I would like to experience it. However I am not going to betray my Mentor or my home to avoid it either."
He said and the tried to sound brave though he really just sounded scared.
He shook his head, "No, never torture. That is not going to happen. Wound or kill, however... I would not enjoy it, but my enjoyment remains secondary to the needs of the service. There's no malice in it, it's simply what is. So I would quite prefer if you remain calm and seated here until the time comes for me to leave..."
He smiled thinly at Dalisse, "I do hope you can offer Brandon either room and board, or a lift to another safe location after I disembark?"

"I will do my best, but the Chief do not trust anyone and she is pretty good at avoiding my eyes."
Dalisse said and frowned then she closed her eyes and leaned back in her bed.
"But I will do my best to find out what she is up to."
He nodded, then glanced to Brandon, "Thank you. I know you could probably rip the information from Brandon's mind, but I would prefer you not violate him like that on my behalf..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod to this; Nicole was already as ready as she realistically could be.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next