Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 17 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:05 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30ish]
"Me and my ship do consent to the Caul being destroyed even if it damage my ship in the process, we will heal."
The Handler said firmly.
Colin nodded, "I expect that it will be done as precisely as possible - with as little collateral damage as can be done."

"I can vent it down into one of the engine rooms, it will do not harm there and just be vented out of the ship from there eventually, however that would mean venting air from the room that are full of prisoners and it can take a few minutes to get the airflow back into the room."
Dalisse replied.
He shook his head slightly, "Not the most appealing prospect; I'm not sure the poor captives are in good enough condition to survive a few minutes of air loss, or at least, not without serious brain damage or the like... Perhaps air moisture or sprinklers? If the gas binds to water, then it could fathomably be reduced to a sludge on the floor, which could be safely walked across. Might be worth a try."

"That I do not know, perhaps it would be catastrophic perhaps nothing would happen."
The handler said and shook her head.
He nodded, "Best not risk the Caul inverting itself - I've seen... the results of a whole ship exposed to that dimension."

((OOC: Yeah, waiting for the blink of insight for the second dot of Correspondence. Any time now would be good. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 17 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:18 pm

[Colin] (Speaking with Dalisse at the Labyrinth 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "I expect that it will be done as precisely as possible - with as little collateral damage as can be done."

"I hope so Colin, but if it can not be destroyed without harming my ship I am willing to accept that to be rid of it."
Dalisse said.
"And so is he."

He shook his head slightly, "Not the most appealing prospect; I'm not sure the poor captives are in good enough condition to survive a few minutes of air loss, or at least, not without serious brain damage or the like... Perhaps air moisture or sprinklers? If the gas binds to water, then it could fathomably be reduced to a sludge on the floor, which could be safely walked across. Might be worth a try."

"What are sprinklers?"
The Handler asked sounding confused.
"Water might work...casting a spell in there to bind the gas with water might be possible."
She agreed.
"Do gas bind with water?"

He nodded, "Best not risk the Caul inverting itself - I've seen... the results of a whole ship exposed to that dimension."

"No that would not be desierable."
Dalisse begun but Brandon had jumped to his feet and was backing away with a terrified look in his eyes.
"I am not going back there! I am not going back there!"
He shouted desperatly.

(OOC: I am working on it but it have not been allot of chances while he have been talking with Dalisse. Sorry for the delay.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:04 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30 PM]
"I hope so Colin, but if it can not be destroyed without harming my ship I am willing to accept that to be rid of it."
Dalisse said.
"And so is he."
Colin pondered, "I hope it stands apart from the wall, rather than being embedded in it? The smaller the physical connection, the easier the... excision should be for everyone."

"What are sprinklers?"
The Handler asked sounding confused.
"Water might work...casting a spell in there to bind the gas with water might be possible."
She agreed.
"Do gas bind with water?"
He smiled wryly, "Ah, sorry - it's a fire suppression technology used in buildings - pipes carrying water, and if there's a fire in the room, a specially designed attachment sprays water everywhere to put out the flame. As for gases binding with water - it varies. So-called tear gas, for example, causes irritation and discomfort by binding to the moisture in people's eyes and respiratory system, and treatment is washing it off with clean water. It should be worth it testing if Jace's gas is similarly affected."

"No that would not be desierable."
Dalisse begun but Brandon had jumped to his feet and was backing away with a terrified look in his eyes.
"I am not going back there! I am not going back there!"
He shouted desperatly.
He raised his hand protectively, calm and authoritative voice, like that of an animal trainer talking down a cornered beast, "No-one is going back in there, Brandon, we're talking about how to prevent that from happening, not how to cause it. I will not allow anyone to carelessly breach that thing, and you're staying safe, right here. Please, sit, have a cup of tea."

((OOC: Straight up Manipulation roll - would have used Leadership if Colin actually had points in it, but no dice - literally. Razz 1,7,0 to calm Brandon down a bit. Well, one success, at least, I think? Also, no problem - except for Dalisse's portal to the armory, there hasn't really been a good trigger for it since the XP was invested.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Colin pondered, "I hope it stands apart from the wall, rather than being embedded in it? The smaller the physical connection, the easier the... excision should be for everyone."

"The Caul all but fill it's chamber it is embedded in the walls, floor, anything around it, a Caul is not a thing it is a part of the Labyrinth."
Dalisse said and shook her head.

He smiled wryly, "Ah, sorry - it's a fire suppression technology used in buildings - pipes carrying water, and if there's a fire in the room, a specially designed attachment sprays water everywhere to put out the flame.

"No...my Labyrinth do not have such a system...but it is not a bad idea, perhaps I will ask him to grow one but that will take time to get ready."
The Handler said and smiled a little.

As for gases binding with water - it varies. So-called tear gas, for example, causes irritation and discomfort by binding to the moisture in people's eyes and respiratory system, and treatment is washing it off with clean water. It should be worth it testing if Jace's gas is similarly affected."

"Very well I will cast the spell and test."
Dalisse said and she returned to the table and placed some camomille tea in front of Brandon and he thanked her weakly, Dalisse then sat down with a glass of water and muttered something over it and closed her eyes. After a while she opened them again.
"I have rained in the Prelatus lab to say it like that, it is hard to say for such what that did with the gas though."

He raised his hand protectively, calm and authoritative voice, like that of an animal trainer talking down a cornered beast, "No-one is going back in there, Brandon, we're talking about how to prevent that from happening, not how to cause it. I will not allow anyone to carelessly breach that thing, and you're staying safe, right here. Please, sit, have a cup of tea."

Brandon breathed quickly and fearfully.
"B...but you said...the whole ship could be sent to that...that place."
He wept, tears rolling down his eyes.
"I can't go back...I can't you don't know how bad it was you don't!"
Brandon grabbed his head and walked back and forth on the floor clearly nearing panic at the thought.

(OOC: Well he did not panic and start throwing spells around at least. Nephandi do not like to be reminded of the Caul wonder why. Well we are going to have to find a chance to let Colin play around with space a bit then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:19 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30 PM]
"The Caul all but fill it's chamber it is embedded in the walls, floor, anything around it, a Caul is not a thing it is a part of the Labyrinth."
Colin frowned, "In a normal Labyrinth, I would think the whole place was largely grown from the Caul itself, but here... it seems more like a parasitic infestation... I'm not sure we have the collected power to turn this Caul back in time to when it was still a human infant, though..."

No...my Labyrinth do not have such a system...but it is not a bad idea, perhaps I will ask him to grow one but that will take time to get ready."
The Handler said and smiled a little.
He nodded, "The system is a useful one - it's saved countless lives since it was first implemented - though of course, a number of buildings have been badly waterlogged as a result. Still, one room needing renovation is better than a whole building burning down with people inside..."

"Very well I will cast the spell and test."
Dalisse said and she returned to the table and placed some camomille tea in front of Brandon and he thanked her weakly, Dalisse then sat down with a glass of water and muttered something over it and closed her eyes. After a while she opened them again.
"I have rained in the Prelatus lab to say it like that, it is hard to say for such what that did with the gas though."
He frowned, "Unless the gas is invisible, it should be fairly obvious right away whether it's still circulating in the air or congealed on the floor."

Brandon breathed quickly and fearfully.
"B...but you said...the whole ship could be sent to that...that place."
He wept, tears rolling down his eyes.
"I can't go back...I can't you don't know how bad it was you don't!"
Brandon grabbed his head and walked back and forth on the floor clearly nearing panic at the thought.
He shook his head, "It could potentially be if we did something ridiculously reckless and that turned out to go badly. But we're not taking that risk - none of us can afford that gamble. Besides... I know more about it than you might think. Centuries ago, my Avatar was torn to pieces; I was conscious of every second of that eternity, as little pieces were cut away and cast aside, to ensure it could never reincarnate... The tiniest conscious sliver escaped somehow, and spent hundreds of years rebuilding itself from whatever fragments it could find. It's not quite the same as having every piece torn off, wrung, and jammed back into the wrong place, but... I know more of the pain than perhaps any other living Traditionalist... save one. We will not be doing anything that will be likely to unleash the Caul realm."

((OOC: Quite, quite... Speaking of space, Brandon's going to need a little breathing space now.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Colin frowned, "In a normal Labyrinth, I would think the whole place was largely grown from the Caul itself, but here... it seems more like a parasitic infestation... I'm not sure we have the collected power to turn this Caul back in time to when it was still a human infant, though..."

"That is correct, most Labyrinths are grown from the Caul itself, but here it is added, it is a parasite but it is still a part of the ship now."
The Handler said.
"No that might end up a dificult task...poor child though...poor child."

He nodded, "The system is a useful one - it's saved countless lives since it was first implemented - though of course, a number of buildings have been badly waterlogged as a result. Still, one room needing renovation is better than a whole building burning down with people inside..."

Dalisse nodded to that.
"Agreed, and I will try to grow such a system in my ship eventually, it might come in handy one day, also water is not the biggest problem for my walls though furniture and such can end up being damaged."

He frowned, "Unless the gas is invisible, it should be fairly obvious right away whether it's still circulating in the air or congealed on the floor."

"Hum...no there do not seam to be any gas circulating in the air anymore."
Dalisse said as she looked out into nothing or rather looking into Prelatus Jace's lab.
"I think the water took care of it...but I can not be sure."

He shook his head, "It could potentially be if we did something ridiculously reckless and that turned out to go badly. But we're not taking that risk - none of us can afford that gamble. Besides... I know more about it than you might think. Centuries ago, my Avatar was torn to pieces; I was conscious of every second of that eternity, as little pieces were cut away and cast aside, to ensure it could never reincarnate... The tiniest conscious sliver escaped somehow, and spent hundreds of years rebuilding itself from whatever fragments it could find. It's not quite the same as having every piece torn off, wrung, and jammed back into the wrong place, but... I know more of the pain than perhaps any other living Traditionalist... save one. We will not be doing anything that will be likely to unleash the Caul realm."

The young Nephandus looked at you with his eyes full of tears as you spoke.
"That is horrible, what happened to your Avatar..."
He muttered softly.
"Are you sure...that the ship will not be sent into...into...that place?"
He asked and finally he sat down and wrapped his arms around his knees, grief and fear had sapped him of his strength and he looked rather spent and miserable.
"I just do not want to ever go back...ever..."
Brandon sobbed softly.

(OOC: That he do indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:15 pm

"The tokens should still work, I will ask the teams that have our hedge wizard and custos members fighting alonside them if they could send one of them over to assist us." Your Mentor handed you the tablet back and fished out his phone. "While I do that, you should finish you task."
He sent off a quick message to Adley again, 'Caul chamber is protected by a painful ward, but new recruits were not impeded by it - a potion with blood was used, likely to mask the imbiber with the resonance of a Fallen member, possibly several. Anyone not protected like that will suffer extreme pain when entering or attempting magic in there. Also, Caul cannot be extricated; it's fused with the ship.'
'Can't we simply vent the gas out? This place does have a ventilation system.' Nicole replied a little curtly, keeping a careful watch on the goings-on with the prisoners.
Jffry gave you a bit of a look over your tone then he said.
"This is a possibility. I will ask if the ship's handler will be able to acomplish this."

"Yes, sir." He nodded at him and then wiped off the slate, put it away, glancing at Nicole as she asked about the vents. Then his phone pinged again and he checked the message, raising an eyebrow and showing his mentor again. "That complicates matters, but first things first." Then went back over to the group of nervous Nephandi. He asked the second man to do the same as the first had.

// it seems things will turn out not well for this poor bastard, still : /

//the way I figure it is it makes sense that there's times of rapid growth, like during a crisis, that you get to directly use a lot of things you learned about then you spend time settling that and contemplating it and integrating it, and then maybe it happens again, or through long study you get another insight and etc. At least for Flambeau, anyway. Kind of a learn or die kind of group though lol.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:33 pm

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 2 30)

"Yes, sir." He nodded at him and then wiped off the slate, put it away, glancing at Nicole as she asked about the vents. Then his phone pinged again and he checked the message, raising an eyebrow and showing his mentor again.

Jeffry read the message and nodded.
"We knew as much, that the Caul chambers where protected by a quite nasty ward, I guess we are going to have to try to take the ward down unless we can figure out the exact way to get past it."
The old Hermetic commented.

"That complicates matters, but first things first." Then went back over to the group of nervous Nephandi. He asked the second man to do the same as the first had.

"It do complicate things, but we are going to find a way around it but as you say mea filius first things first."
The Chief said. You got back to the group of Nephandi. The larger Nephandus, you heard the others call him Jeremiah obeyed your commands solemnly, he was pale and scared but clearly set on just getting through this and surviving, he did not have laces in his shoes but he knelt down and held out his hands. Yoru spell this time though did not go well, at first you could not the the air to obey you at all and when you finally got the effect to manifest it was far to weak, you did damage, one brone in his hand broke and cut though his skin, and you clearly caused allot of pain for the man screamed hysterically but it was not enough, the damage would not be enough to criple his hands and now Jeremiah where panicing. He got to his feet a bit unsteady and looked like he was about to run.
"No...!"
He shouted and looked around desperatly. The female Nephanda thore her hands of of Thorn's grip and she rushed to try to calm her friend.
"Jeremiah please settle down...they will kill you...please I know it hurt, but we have all been trhough so much worse...please calm down."
She urged but Jeremiah where still aboslutely terrified and trying to break out of her grasp on his shoulders.
"Let me go Theresa...let me go!"
He screamed.

(OOC: Well it was about exactly the same result on the dice as last time so yes your dice do not like Jeremiah.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:40 pm

"It do complicate things, but we are going to find a way around it but as you say mea filius first things first."
The Chief said.

He nodded. Well, he'd thought they would burn it out or excise it, but apparently that was not going to be possible...still, first things first. And unfortunately it didn't go the way he'd thought, something went wrong and the air didn't quite harden enough. He couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for Jeremiah, he didn't want to cause him more pain than he had to, but he had and now he couldn't let him try to hop off either. Frowning, he let the woman try to calm him. "Please, listen to your friend." He glanced at Thorn, "Can we stop him from panicking?" he asked, figuring his immediate intervention would make his panic worse.

// Colin should get some leadership dots, he's cabal-leader now and he's been in charge for a while doing in-charge things : ) Also, what's the combo of dots for affably intimidating ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:57 pm

He nodded. Well, he'd thought they would burn it out or excise it, but apparently that was not going to be possible...still, first things first. And unfortunately it didn't go the way he'd thought, something went wrong and the air didn't quite harden enough. He couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for Jeremiah, he didn't want to cause him more pain than he had to, but he had and now he couldn't let him try to hop off either. Frowning, he let the woman try to calm him. "Please, listen to your friend." He glanced at Thorn, "Can we stop him from panicking?" he asked, figuring his immediate intervention would make his panic worse.

Theresa continued to try to calm Jeremiah but it was not an easy task, the tall Nephandus just wanted to get away, he was scared and hurting and with the tense situation it was all getting to much. Thorn nodded.
"I can try to ease his pain, but it will take a few moments, but if your Mentor will delay us moving on for a few more minites I can make sure he will not be in pain, the promise of that might calm him...I can try to affect his mind as well but I think that forcefully trying to control his conciousness might take as long as removing sensation from his hands."
The Verbena said and Jeffry did not look pleased about the delay but he just nodded, he was not a cruel man and things had gone rather wrong, it was better to try to resolve things by showing mercy.
"Jeremiah, the blond guy, I think he is a Verbena says he can take your pain away, I no longer feel my hands very well, just pressure and temperature...he can do the same for you, but you have to calm down."
Theresa said and she had to repeat this promise a few times before it reached the terrified Nephandus, he still looked ready to panic but he calmed down a little.
"O...ok..."
He muttered but he clearly looked afraid and skittish as Thorn walked up to him and he eyed the Verbena's dagger nervously.
"It is for me to use, on myself, it is my foci...I am not going to hurt you, please just stand still."
The Verbena said softly as he begun to carve symbols into his own hands again and then very gently touched Jeremiah's wounded hands, the Nephandus groanded in pain and jerked but after some time he started visably calming down and his breath evened out, Thorn looked and you and took his hands away from the prisoner.
"You can do it now...it should not cause him more pain.."
He said. Jeremiah still looked very afraid and ready to bolt though.
"A...are you sure?"
He asked and Thorn nodded.
"I am...are you feeling any pain now?"
He asked the Nephandus and Jeremiah shook his head.
"No...but..."
He looked at you fearfully clearly not knowing if he believed the Verbena's reasurances.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:12 pm

"Do you know Sir that there are a occultist, I do not know if she are a mage or a hedge wizard but she have made a system of magick based on pop culture. I have her books I can lend them to you if you want."
Yu Die offered.

"Now that's something I'd like to learn." Serge said with a smile. "I would really like those books. Pop culture magick seems perfect for me. The day I get to use the 'curse of bugs bunny' on someone will be a good day."

"Well I am not sure I can help you there Sir, I have a program on my tablet that allow me to make a picture into a embroidery pattern but that is really as far as it go, but I am sure there are books about it somewhere."
The young Akashic said.

"I mean, there are probably books on it but I think this is more of a youtube job. Kinda hard to learn technology without actually seeing someone using the technology." Serge said as played around with the scattered beads in front of him. Making small pictures and patterns on the table.

(OOC: Yay more sphere magick! Do I have to wait for Serge to get the flash of insight or can I add the dot right now?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:21 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30]
"That is correct, most Labyrinths are grown from the Caul itself, but here it is added, it is a parasite but it is still a part of the ship now."
The Handler said.
"No that might end up a dificult task...poor child though...poor child."
Colin nodded, "We - well, our allies - managed to do so in Chicago, but we had some remarkable allies and... particularly sympathetic elements available then that we do not have now. It was complicated then, and even worse now, I should think..."

"Hum...no there do not seam to be any gas circulating in the air anymore."
Dalisse said as she looked out into nothing or rather looking into Prelatus Jace's lab.
"I think the water took care of it...but I can not be sure."
He nodded, sending another message to Adley, 'Made rain in the lab; seems to have congealed the gas. No guarantees, but it may have been enough. Be wary, likely residue left on every surface.'

The young Nephandus looked at you with his eyes full of tears as you spoke.
"That is horrible, what happened to your Avatar..."
He muttered softly.
"Are you sure...that the ship will not be sent into...into...that place?"
He asked and finally he sat down and wrapped his arms around his knees, grief and fear had sapped him of his strength and he looked rather spent and miserable.
"I just do not want to ever go back...ever..."
Brandon sobbed softly.
He nodded, "The strike teams know tried and true ways to safely destroy a Caul. No-one will ever have to go into that one again. And there is no reason why you would ever have to go back inside..."

((OOC: Good point - I'll add a point of Leadership right away. As for affably intimidating, already got Intimidate; I'd say it'd be paired with either Charisma or Manipulation. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:26 pm

"I can try to ease his pain, but it will take a few moments, but if your Mentor will delay us moving on for a few more minites I can make sure he will not be in pain, the promise of that might calm him...I can try to affect his mind as well but I think that forcefully trying to control his conciousness might take as long as removing sensation from his hands."
The Verbena said and Jeffry did not look pleased about the delay but he just nodded
He asked the Nephandus and Jeremiah shook his head.
"No...but..."
He looked at you fearfully clearly not knowing if he believed the Verbena's reasurances.
The Verbena said softly as he begun to carve symbols into his own hands again and then very gently touched Jeremiah's wounded hands, the Nephandus groanded in pain and jerked but after some time he started visably calming down and his breath evened out, Thorn looked and you and took his hands away from the prisoner.
"You can do it now...it should not cause him more pain.."
He said. Jeremiah still looked very afraid and ready to bolt though.

"Thank you," he said to Thorn. He didn't miss the look from his metor but all he could do was damage control now. It took a bit for the man to calm down and then he proceeded to finish what had to be done. He felt bad for him, even if he was a Nephandi, but at least it would be over now. There was a prickle of nerves over if he would fail again but he took a deep breath and tried to focus. Fear of trying was only going to make it worse. But it was as if Artu was there judging him, and shaking his head a bit at what he was seeing. "Please remain still," he requested of the man, in as calm and reassuring voice as one might have in such a situation, as he looked at him. "Then it will be over, with my deep apologies."

//manipulation sound about right

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:08 pm

'Well, could always ask the maker of the serum, if that's possible.' Nicole commented in an offhand manner.

Anja's Post:

When things began to turn to shit, Nicole tensed up, ready for action. If possible to catch Jeremiah's eye and give him the clear look that if he ran he would not get past her.

[Intimidation roll?]

[Heh. I'm still at the 'filling in the dot gaps which I couldn't afford to get at creation' stage with Nick. After that... who knows?]

[Think Charisma+Intimidation would be a better fit. Nicole already does the 'do what I say or I'll fucking kick your head in' method of 'persuasion']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Colin nodded, "We - well, our allies - managed to do so in Chicago, but we had some remarkable allies and... particularly sympathetic elements available then that we do not have now. It was complicated then, and even worse now, I should think..."

"Such a task is possible however it is as you say complicated and might not be the best way to deal with the Caul and not many will be able to pull it off."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He nodded, "The strike teams know tried and true ways to safely destroy a Caul. No-one will ever have to go into that one again. And there is no reason why you would ever have to go back inside..."

"I...I..."
Brandon begun and he looked away.
"No one is going to get to touch my Avatar again ever..."
He sobbed carly still scared and upset.

"Thank you," he said to Thorn.

Thon nodded to this the Verbena seamed tired he had cast allot of spells lately and lost a member of his Coven, like most of the rest here there was nothing left to give and yet he had to keep going.

He didn't miss the look from his metor but all he could do was damage control now. It took a bit for the man to calm down and then he proceeded to finish what had to be done. He felt bad for him, even if he was a Nephandi, but at least it would be over now. There was a prickle of nerves over if he would fail again but he took a deep breath and tried to focus. Fear of trying was only going to make it worse. But it was as if Artu was there judging him, and shaking his head a bit at what he was seeing. "Please remain still," he requested of the man, in as calm and reassuring voice as one might have in such a situation, as he looked at him. "Then it will be over, with my deep apologies."

The Nephandus looked at you with terrified eyes, you remember Arto's eyes when you had done this to him while Carmon held him down, eyes full of fear, pain and rage, and he had been traumatized enough that his injuries still bortherd your borther today, his reincarnation, the Fallen man was right to be afraid, at least now he stood reasonably still but he started sobbing softly and he was shaking and looking like he might get stick at any moment. Theresa put her arms around Jeremiah.
"Shh...please look at that wall there Jere...ok du you see the bones?...Look at the wall jere not at your hands...count the bones for me..."
She requested, the larger Nephandus hesitated but he eventually did avert his eyes to the walls and started softly counting the bones he saw there as his friend where trying her best to distract him from what you where about to do.

When things began to turn to shit, Nicole tensed up, ready for action. If possible to catch Jeremiah's eye and give him the clear look that if he ran he would not get past her.

Finally seeing Nicole's glare at him, well Jeremiah where intimidated, the problem was that he was not agitated out of malice or a belief he could get away he was scared, very, very scared and someone trying to scare him more did not exactly make him calmer, he had started counting the bones, being distracted for a moment but now he started fighting Theresa's grip on him getting agitated again and trying to get away not exactly making Adley's job easier as he was far from standing still as his fear was intensified and he cried out again.
"No!"

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"Now that's something I'd like to learn." Serge said with a smile. "I would really like those books. Pop culture magick seems perfect for me. The day I get to use the 'curse of bugs bunny' on someone will be a good day."

"I can bring the books along the next time I come to visit Steelhaven Sir."
Yu Die offered.
"They are pretty good books."

"I mean, there are probably books on it but I think this is more of a youtube job. Kinda hard to learn technology without actually seeing someone using the technology." Serge said as played around with the scattered beads in front of him. Making small pictures and patterns on the table.

"You may be right about that. I am sure you can find some videos on the topic."
The young Akashic said as she helped Jane finish a draw string bracelet and then helping the younger girl put it on so she could proudly show it of.

(OOC: Just add the dot and I will find a way to get Serge the flash of insight.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave something between a grunt and a sigh, locking the rifle's action and looking around quickly. 'Someone hold this for a second?' flexing out a bit, clearly getting ready to restrain the guy if needs be.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Nicole gave something between a grunt and a sigh, locking the rifle's action and looking around quickly. 'Someone hold this for a second?' flexing out a bit, clearly getting ready to restrain the guy if needs be.

"I can hold it."
Fran said and put her gun away to hold your rifle and aim at the prisoners with it until you wanted it back.
"Try not to harm the guy more than need be eh, I know he is a Nephandus and all but I kind of feel bad for him."
The Euthanathos muttered as she looked at the terrified prisoner.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:00 pm

"I can bring the books along the next time I come to visit Steelhaven Sir."
Yu Die offered.
"They are pretty good books."

"That'd be sweet. Thanks." Serge said absentmindedly as he continued toying around with the beads on the table. "Which chantry are you even from anyways?"

"You may be right about that. I am sure you can find some videos on the topic."
The young Akashic said as she helped Jane finish a draw string bracelet and then helping the younger girl put it on so she could proudly show it of.

"That looks really pretty Jane!" Serge complimented as he saw the young girl showing off.

(OOC: You know I was really tempted to wait until I had 21 xp so that I could get a 4th dot in Mind. Just the idea of Serge mind controlling people by drawing them was an amusing thought but I'd have no way to justify how Serge suddenly became an adept Razz.)

(OOC2: What is the Attribute+Ability combination for normal persuasion anyways?)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 pm

A quick nod of thanks and handed the rifle to Fran; who would promptly discover that the mass of duct tape on the stock had extended it to take into account the Etherite's longer arm span. 'Sight slightly off to the left.' she'll comment as she moves a bit closer to the enemy, to be ready to act if needs be.

['Fran's gun'? That pistol's Nicole's too! *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:16 pm

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"That'd be sweet. Thanks." Serge said absentmindedly as he continued toying around with the beads on the table. "Which chantry are you even from anyways?"

"Yeah no problem I have already read those books anyway."
Yu Die said.
"I am from Chantry Riverside it is this old manor house down by the docks, it is pretty nice there."
She continued and then she looked at the beads you where toying with and said.
"You know you can make pictures with beads by weaving them together right?"

"That looks really pretty Jane!" Serge complimented as he saw the young girl showing off.

Jane grinned at that and looked at her new pink draw string bracelet.
"Thank you Sir...I am going to show it to my Mentor when she gets back."
She said then she turned serious.
"Do you think my Mentor is ok Sir?"
She asked, Rosa looked concerned at that thought as well and said.
"I am sure both of our teachers are ok Jane, they have to be."

(OOC: If you want to talk someone into doing something you would represent that with rolling either Manipulation or Charisma and whatever ability would fit like intimidation, leadership or suberfuge. It is just a way to represent how good your character is at talking someone else into doing something.)

A quick nod of thanks and handed the rifle to Fran; who would promptly discover that the mass of duct tape on the stock had extended it to take into account the Etherite's longer arm span. 'Sight slightly off to the left.' she'll comment as she moves a bit closer to the enemy, to be ready to act if needs be.

"Om my I need to have far longer arms for this one, well good thing my bullets thend to hit regardless of how well I aim I am lucky that way."
Fran said and smiled.
"I will keep the sight in mind."
She added.

(OOC: So it is indeed. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:55 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30]
"Such a task is possible however it is as you say complicated and might not be the best way to deal with the Caul and not many will be able to pull it off."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Colin frowned, "I suppose you'd need something akin to a relative of the Caul as a willing participant in the attempt, as well as a few Archmagi, to have a shot at success... Not much chance of that happening here."

"I...I..."
Brandon begun and he looked away.
"No one is going to get to touch my Avatar again ever..."
He sobbed carly still scared and upset.
He nodded, "Dalisse will help you get to safety... you should not have to cross paths with the Traditionalists presently on board, so long as you hide here until we've left. That should let you keep an eye out for your brother, too - maybe even help guide him to relative safety Earthside."

((OOC: I'd argue Charisma+Intimidate is the combination if you want to scare someone away from something, whereas Manipulation+Intimidate is what you want to use to coax someone into a specific course of action. A good example of the latter would be to extort someone into betraying their Chantry under the threat of having their daughter given as a vampire's child bride. Like that'd ever happen. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Colin frowned, "I suppose you'd need something akin to a relative of the Caul as a willing participant in the attempt, as well as a few Archmagi, to have a shot at success... Not much chance of that happening here."

"Well no that can be hard to arrange for and sometimes the more simple solution is the best one, aslo even if the Caul where returned to the child it once was, do you think that child would have any chance of a decent life?"

He nodded, "Dalisse will help you get to safety... you should not have to cross paths with the Traditionalists presently on board, so long as you hide here until we've left.

"I will hide...but do you think that will work Colin? That they will not find me?"
Brandon muttered fearfully.
"For if they do..."
He swallowed hard.

That should let you keep an eye out for your brother, too - maybe even help guide him to relative safety Earthside."

"You where thinking I could find him and bring him here? For if I am hiding here how could I look for my brother?"
Brandon asked confused.
"Damn it...do you think he is ok...I mean he have been hurt have he not do you think he will be ok?"
He asked nervously.

(OOC: Yeah that seams about right. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:52 am

"Yeah no problem I have already read those books anyway."
Yu Die said.
"I am from Chantry Riverside it is this old manor house down by the docks, it is pretty nice there."
She continued and then she looked at the beads you where toying with and said.
"You know you can make pictures with beads by weaving them together right?"

"I know, but doesn't weaving take a lot of time? I'm not sure if I'd have that kind of patience." Serge said as he completed his first first picture with the beads. While it was hard to discern the many colors of the beads, if the girls squinted hard enough they would notice that it was a simple dog face with its tongue sticking out.

Jane grinned at that and looked at her new pink draw string bracelet.
"Thank you Sir...I am going to show it to my Mentor when she gets back."
She said then she turned serious.
"Do you think my Mentor is ok Sir?"
She asked, Rosa looked concerned at that thought as well and said.
"I am sure both of our teachers are ok Jane, they have to be."

"All of our mentors are fine. From my brief time seeing them their all tough powerful mages. And you guys know your own teachers much better than I do." Serge assured the young girl as best he could.

Patting the side of his pocket where he had stored the second bracelet, Serge said, "I plan on giving my mentor the second bracelet. Just another piece of jewelry that connects us. Although unlike the Cult of Ecstasy ring this will be even more unique to us."

(OOC: Could Manipulation+ Empathy/Expression also be used? I can imagine those being good for emotional manipulation [Ex. Come on man don't pull the trigger. You know your mentor wouldn't want this.....you know you don't want to do this.....] or motivational speaking/rousing emotions [You can do it! I believe in you! You CAN jump the grand canyon blind-folded!] )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:58 am

Theresa put her arms around Jeremiah.
"Shh...please look at that wall there Jere...ok du you see the bones?...Look at the wall jere not at your hands...count the bones for me..."
She requested, the larger Nephandus hesitated but he eventually did avert his eyes to the walls and started softly counting the bones he saw there as his friend where trying her best to distract him from what you where about to do.
Finally seeing Nicole's glare at him, well Jeremiah where intimidated...his fear was intensified and he cried out again.
"No!"

For a moment, it looked as if things were back in control enough to finish the unpleasant task but then suddenly the man flipped out again, if not worse. He didn't catch onto the reason immediately, but when Jerimiah's attention was turned from him, he gave a confused frown and scanned slightly around, still keeping them under watch, for what was causing the further upset. If he caught on, he gave a slight wave of a hand, to signal them backing off a bit. He said, "Calm down please, try to count the bones..." he said, trying to get the man's panic under hand by echoing his friend's request. Assuming he got a target on his hands, he would try to finish the job off before he had a full blown panic attack.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:12 am

Nicole watched the goings-on alertly, ready to move to restrain if needs be.

[The only emotion Serge would rouse in Nicole with example #2 would be 'annoyance'. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next