Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 16 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:02 pm

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 2 30)

"I would have preferred to keep your soul out of demon clutches as well, such options are always too high a cost. But there are...those who are marked such and not collaborating or part of the Fallen, if their avatars are not inverted or they are hedge magicians. However, if you are saying your master directed you to be here with them, then that is trickier. But...you said 'not easy', not impossible. And at least your child may have a chance...and a world to live in, hrm?"

"He do not direct me to be here exactly but it is where I ended up Sir, but yes...the cost was to high."
Cecilia muttered.
"I do want to escape the Nephandi I do but I do not know how."
She said then she smiled slightly.
"Yeah at least she is safe...and that is all that matters."

He raised an eyebrow at him. Well, good they called that one before they tried any such thing... "Any other magick that you have 'forgotten' to tell me about?" he said, a warning in his tone.

Then Nephandus shook his head.
"No, nothing else."
He said firmly as he looked at you for a moment then looked away.

Well, fair enough he supposed. "We're applying the serum to you, it should negate your ability to cast magick. I do believe it will also remove your shield. However, you should tell me of anything /else/ you have on you at this time," he said flatly, leery of him doing anything magickal.

"There is nothing else. I want to survive this Tradiitonalist not fuck it up so we get killed or worse taken alive, trying to hide some active spell at this moment would be stupid."
The large Nephandus said sourly.

"Ma'am, I understand that you're afraid and...why you may wish to have done such a thing, to have such a memento. It will be put with your items for now, alright?" he suggested.

The Nephanda looked at you with tear filled eyes then she looked down again and nodded.
"Yeah...I guess I am not going to be given much of a choice...but what if I am captured before I am able to cast magick again...I know our chances are not great and we will be hunted. I do not want to let the ring out of my posession."
She whimpered nervously.

(OOC: It is up to you, you can use Auram on the dark haired Nephandus who is Edmund not Brandon, I had the name of the wrong brother there, and then fail on Jeremiah having him panic as was what I wrote when I misunderstood your post, and we can go with it or you can roll again and we can go with that. It is all up to you both works for me.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 16 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Adley Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:14 pm

"He do not direct me to be here exactly but it is where I ended up Sir, but yes...the cost was to high."
Cecilia muttered.
"I do want to escape the Nephandi I do but I do not know how."
She said then she smiled slightly.
"Yeah at least she is safe...and that is all that matters."

"If he didn't command you to be here, then the answer is to not be here..."

hen Nephandus shook his head.
"No, nothing else."
He said firmly as he looked at you for a moment then looked away.

"Am I going to have to get someone to cast the truthspeaking spell on you or are you going to tell me? Last chance."

"There is nothing else. I want to survive this Tradiitonalist not fuck it up so we get killed or worse taken alive, trying to hide some active spell at this moment would be stupid."
The large Nephandus said sourly.

"Good."

The Nephanda looked at you with tear filled eyes then she looked down again and nodded.
"Yeah...I guess I am not going to be given much of a choice...but what if I am captured before I am able to cast magick again...I know our chances are not great and we will be hunted. I do not want to let the ring out of my posession."
She whimpered nervously.

"These items need to be checked for their magickal properties, ma'am. I am sorry but you will have turn it over, at least for now."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:21 pm

"If he didn't command you to be here, then the answer is to not be here..."

"Yeah...I guess you are right Sir...but I do not know where I would go...if I even survive this."
Cecilia muttered and she glanced at jeffry after all the old Hermetic had her fate and her life in his hands.

"Am I going to have to get someone to cast the truthspeaking spell on you or are you going to tell me? Last chance."

"You are free to do so, but I have no more active magick on me than my mental shield, I cast a spell in the armory to make a bomb like I said but it was dismanteled."
Edmund said sounding frustrated and scared.

"Good."

The large Nephandus just grunted at this.

"These items need to be checked for their magickal properties, ma'am. I am sorry but you will have turn it over, at least for now."

The Nephanda nodded sadly, she took the ring of and handed it to you.
"Ok...but...don't destroy it, please."
She muttered softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:22 pm

"Yes off course Sir, and most things do have a spirit it is just that unless you awaken it with magick or it is a thing that is used and loved allot then it will not become active."
Jane said and Yu Die nodded.
"In Japan they say that anything over 100 years old become alive, and many think beloved old toys actually have a spirit to them and from what I have read they do indeed."

"Wait I've heard of those." Serge said glancing toward Yu Die. "Those Japanese spirits are called Yokai right? At least I think they are? Are they?" he said with increasing confusion as his memories failed him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:28 pm

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"Wait I've heard of those." Serge said glancing toward Yu Die. "Those Japanese spirits are called Yokai right? At least I think they are? Are they?" he said with increasing confusion as his memories failed him.

"Sort of the spirits of plants and places and even objects would be one type of Yokai but really there is allot of them everything we would call nature spirits, really anything not fitting into another spesific cathegory would be Yokai, however the Asian spirit system is different from the Western one, there are three spirit courts on earth, the Western, the Asian and the African and they are all different Sir."
Yu Die said and Jane looked at her.
"So they do not have the same pecking order and such?"
She aksed and Yu Die shook her head.
"No they do not."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Anja's Post:
Anja's Post:
Anja's Post:

Nicole stuffed the tape back into the holder, then resumed holding her rifle. Gave a look to the man, trying to work out whether he was lying or not.

[Roll for 'detecting deception' or whatever, great one?]

[It's worth a shot. A worst the GP will have to do better mental gymnastics to stick to their guns]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:10 pm

You put the tape cack in the holder, the Nephandus did not seam to be lying, he honestly just looked scared and wanting to find a way out of this alive.

(OOC: That would be Perception plus Subterfuge, you got one sucsess which is better than no sucsess.)
(OOC: Yeah you are right. I will try that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:17 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2 PM]
"No the ones in the Prelate's laberatory are in pretty bad condition, most of them have simply been used for their bodilyfluids while some have been experimented on, none of them are able to get out themselves much less carry others, as for the four other prisoners, two of them might be able to walk but the other two have been badly tortured."
Dalisse said and shook her head sadly.
Colin sighed, "Right, one thing at a time, then... I'll let the chief know."
He punched in a message to Adley, 'There are several captives in Jace's lab. Unfortunately, a gas release was necessary, and regrettably, two of the captives turned out to be Awakened. None of the captives there are able to move on their own. There are four captives in the cell area; two of which may be able to walk unaided, the two others are too badly tortured to do so. Will see about trying to clear out the gas before the lab door is opened, and try to figure out a way past the wards on the Caul chamber; it's a nasty place for anyone not Fallen, it seems.'

"If you try to enter the Caul chamber, or cast magick into the Caul chamber and you do not have a Fallen Avatar then the ward triggers. No I do not think brute forcing it is a good idea. A bit of my blood where used for it's casting to allow me to cast magick into the chamber though as I might have to as the Handler of the ship, but how the exception work I do not know."
The Handler said and glanced at you.
"I do not know how to circimwent the ward."
He frowned, "That's impractical... hum... Mohammed and the mountain, though... is it possible to move the Caul out of the chamber it is in?"
He paused for a moment, "Hold on... If anyone with a non-Fallen Avatar tries to enter the room, and they're hit with crippling agony, how the hell are they able to willingly step into the bloody Caul? There must be some sort of way to bypass it..."
He looked over at Brandon, "I'm sorry to bring it up, but... you were recently there. Do you remember any details of the room before you entered the Caul?"

((OOC: Adventurers' League day today. Game went well. Also picked up some new Dominaria cards, the M:TG set released next week. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:25 pm

[Colin] (Speaking with Dalisse at the Labyrinth 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Colin sighed, "Right, one thing at a time, then... I'll let the chief know."

"Very well."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He frowned, "That's impractical... hum... Mohammed and the mountain, though... is it possible to move the Caul out of the chamber it is in?"

"No the Caul is a part of the chamber now, it can not be moved."
The Handler said and shook her head.

He paused for a moment, "Hold on... If anyone with a non-Fallen Avatar tries to enter the room, and they're hit with crippling agony, how the hell are they able to willingly step into the bloody Caul? There must be some sort of way to bypass it..."

"You do have a point there Colin...I have never observed the cermonies themselves, perhaps they ahve some way of deactivating the ward or take it down when they are initiating a new recruit."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He looked over at Brandon, "I'm sorry to bring it up, but... you were recently there. Do you remember any details of the room before you entered the Caul?"

"I...I...do not like to talk about it."
Brandon said and looked down the plocked at the fabric of his sweather nervously and got a hurt look in his eyes.
"No one who have been through it likes to talk about it..."

(OOC: New MtG cards is always good.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:05 pm

"Yeah...I guess you are right Sir...but I do not know where I would go...if I even survive this."
Cecilia muttered and she glanced at jeffry after all the old Hermetic had her fate and her life in his hands.

"He is a man of his word." Perhaps not the most reassuring but he knew that his mentor meant what he said.

"You are free to do so, but I have no more active magick on me than my mental shield, I cast a spell in the armory to make a bomb like I said but it was dismanteled."
Edmund said sounding frustrated and scared.

"Thank you," he said.

The Nephanda nodded sadly, she took the ring of and handed it to you. "Ok...but...don't destroy it, please." She muttered softly.

"I cannot make promises, if it has been imbued with magick or binds anything, for example, then there is a much higher chance of that happening though." It was rather not likely she would get it back, but if it was being used for a spell focus, then perhaps she would say to spare it's fate. But he couldn't help being paranoid at every turn that Larson was going to get away somehow.

He came back to the first man and glanced at him as he was asked how it would be done. He went over mentally how he'd done the spell to Artu and others before him, sifting through memories that weren't all his own - what safeguards they'd used. They had bound up his hands and broken each joint. There was another way...and also a spell for the cooling. "A spell, as quickly and accurately as I am able. I do not want you running, tie your laces together for now and we will undo them after. Perhaps you should kneel or sit so that you do not fall," he suggested. "I am sorry for this pain," he said. He gave him a careful look - this man would likely remember him for all his days doing this, they were enemies already, certainly but avatars carried memories a long time.

'There are several captives in Jace's lab. Unfortunately, a gas release was necessary, and regrettably, two of the captives turned out to be Awakened. None of the captives there are able to move on their own. There are four captives in the cell area; two of which may be able to walk unaided, the two others are too badly tortured to do so. Will see about trying to clear out the gas before the lab door is opened, and try to figure out a way past the wards on the Caul chamber; it's a nasty place for anyone not Fallen, it seems.'

His phone pinged - depending if he was dealing with the Nephandi or if it came through beforehand, he showed his pater it after he read it himself, a grim expression on his face.

// 7, 2, 8 for guy number one, 2, 7, 1 (fail), 5, 6, 7, (+1 diff) - looks like this guy is doomed to his former fate regardless - 8, 4, 7 for the woman - looks like it panned out the same pretty much
//glad the game went well, Warp : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:09 pm

"Sort of the spirits of plants and places and even objects would be one type of Yokai but really there is allot of them everything we would call nature spirits, really anything not fitting into another spesific cathegory would be Yokai, however the Asian spirit system is different from the Western one, there are three spirit courts on earth, the Western, the Asian and the African and they are all different Sir."
Yu Die said and Jane looked at her.
"So they do not have the same pecking order and such?"
She aksed and Yu Die shook her head.
"No they do not."

"So complex." Serge commented. "Do you know anything about they African spirit courts? Cause that sounds interesting. I can imagine what the western and Asian ones are like but I wouldn't have guessed that Africa would have their own."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:16 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30]
"No the Caul is a part of the chamber now, it can not be moved."
The Handler said and shook her head.
Colin sighed, "I was afraid you'd say that."

"You do have a point there Colin...I have never observed the cermonies themselves, perhaps they ahve some way of deactivating the ward or take it down when they are initiating a new recruit."
Dalisse said and nodded.
He pondered, "Probably some manner of command word, possibly in that disturbing language..."

"I...I...do not like to talk about it."
Brandon said and looked down the plocked at the fabric of his sweather nervously and got a hurt look in his eyes.
"No one who have been through it likes to talk about it..."
He nodded, "I know, it was the worst experience of your life... I wanted to know about what came before... that, when you were brought into the chamber, not when you... took the next step. Hm, if nothing else, do you know the day and time you were brought in there?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:51 pm

"He is a man of his word." Perhaps not the most reassuring but he knew that his mentor meant what he said.

"I am sure he is and he said he was going to try his best to let me go and let me live...but that is not a guarnetee...or well it do not speak much about what will or will not be done to me before I am released."
The hedge wizard said nervously.

"Thank you," he said.

Edmund just looked at you for a moment and nodded.

"I cannot make promises, if it has been imbued with magick or binds anything, for example, then there is a much higher chance of that happening though." It was rather not likely she would get it back, but if it was being used for a spell focus, then perhaps she would say to spare it's fate. But he couldn't help being paranoid at every turn that Larson was going to get away somehow.

"It is created with magick so it will have my Resonance in it, but other than that it is not being used for magick."
The Nephanda said.
"Perhaps...I won't need it perhaps we will be able to get away clean...do you think we will be able to avoid capture Traditionalist?"
She asked hopefully and looked up at you pleadingly.

He came back to the first man and glanced at him as he was asked how it would be done. He went over mentally how he'd done the spell to Artu and others before him, sifting through memories that weren't all his own - what safeguards they'd used. They had bound up his hands and broken each joint. There was another way...and also a spell for the cooling. "A spell, as quickly and accurately as I am able. I do not want you running, tie your laces together for now and we will undo them after. Perhaps you should kneel or sit so that you do not fall," he suggested. "I am sorry for this pain," he said. He gave him a careful look - this man would likely remember him for all his days doing this, they were enemies already, certainly but avatars carried memories a long time.

The Nephandus hesitated he was clearly terrified now, but he bent down to tie the lackes of his boots together, his hands shaking so badly the simple task where hard to do then he knelt down on the bone floor and looked up at you, at first he just held his hands protectivly against his chest, hyperventilating, then he seamed to come to the conclusion it was better to keep a bit of dignity and he held his hands out whimpering, still breathing so quickly you where pretty sure he would pass out if he kept this up.

Your spell at least went well and it was quick, you felt the man's hand there in the trap of hardened air you made, you heard the wet sounds as the bones in his hands snapped like twigs and then Edmund screamed, because of his hyperventilating there where not allot of air in his lungs and his screams was hoarse and rasping but he screamed hysterically, loosing control of his bladder before mercifully passing out on the floor in the puddle he had just made, at least unconciousness gave him a bit of respite from the agony for a little while.

The other two Nephandi was not exactly calmed down by what they had seen and they could not help it they took several steps away from you, the woman nervously trying to get away from Thorn but the Verbena held her still to finish his spell on her hands. Jeremiah swallowed hard and gave you a terrified look.
"I...ehm...guess I am next then...shit..."
He muttered.
"How do you want me to...to...ehm what do you want me to do?"

His phone pinged - depending if he was dealing with the Nephandi or if it came through beforehand, he showed his pater it after he read it himself, a grim expression on his face.

The message got in just before you where about to start with Jeremiah. Jeffry read the message and frowned.
"Well we are going to have to get those prisoners out of there but if the room is filled with that damned gas it will be an issue, I am not asking my Cabalmate to teleport anyone out until I know the gas is dealt with."
He said, while Narim might be more powerful magickally than your Mentor, Jeffry where still protective of his much younger Cabalmate and he would not wxpose him to the gas by accident.

(OOC: Poor Jeremiah, well then we have the rolls at least it seams he is in for a very bad time.)

Colin sighed, "I was afraid you'd say that."

"I am sorry about that, but the Caul is what it is."
Dalisse said and sigh.

He pondered, "Probably some manner of command word, possibly in that disturbing language..."

"That is quite possible, Nephandi use verbal magick as well."
The Handler agreed.

He nodded, "I know, it was the worst experience of your life... I wanted to know about what came before... that, when you were brought into the chamber, not when you... took the next step. Hm, if nothing else, do you know the day and time you were brought in there?"

"It was...the 23 of March this year....it was a Monday."
Brandon whispered his voice hollow.
"I was given something horrible to drink right outside the door, there was blood in it, I could just bearely keep it down...and then we went inside, everyone where there, every member of the labyrinth save Lady Dalisse and they where all naked...then I was asked if I where willing and...and..."
He shook his head tears welling up in his eyes and he raised his voice a little.
"I do not want to talk about it...I do not want to talk about it!"
He repeated angrily, clearly deeply traumatized by the experience.

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"So complex." Serge commented. "Do you know anything about they African spirit courts? Cause that sounds interesting. I can imagine what the western and Asian ones are like but I wouldn't have guessed that Africa would have their own."

"It is pretty complex yes. I do not know more about the African spirit courts though, I know the Egyptian Gods are part of that court and through them they pass over into the Western ones and vice versa but I do not know much beyond that, sorry, but I am sure you can find books about it though."
Yu Die said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:18 pm

"I am sure he is and he said he was going to try his best to let me go and let me live...but that is not a guarnetee...or well it do not speak much about what will or will not be done to me before I am released."
The hedge wizard said nervously.

He just gave a nod and then went to do what he had to do.

"It is created with magick so it will have my Resonance in it, but other than that it is not being used for magick."
The Nephanda said.
"Perhaps...I won't need it perhaps we will be able to get away clean...do you think we will be able to avoid capture Traditionalist?"
She asked hopefully and looked up at you pleadingly.

"I cannot say for sure," he said, frowning.

The first person passed out - this wasn't exactly surprising, though if he didn't get up to walk out soon enough he didn't know what they would do with them. They couldn't just leave them here, after they'd untied their shoes (since they couldn't do it themselves). He made sure the man could still breathe then answered the message.

"Well we are going to have to get those prisoners out of there but if the room is filled with that damned gas it will be an issue, I am not asking my Cabalmate to teleport anyone out until I know the gas is dealt with." He said, while Narim might be more powerful magickally than your Mentor, Jeffry where still protective of his much younger Cabalmate and he would not wxpose him to the gas by accident.

He nodded at that. "Agreed."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:25 pm

"I cannot say for sure," he said, frowning.

The Nephanda nodded and looked down again.
"No I guess...you can't...at least it is a chance to get away."
She muttered softly.

The first person passed out - this wasn't exactly surprising, though if he didn't get up to walk out soon enough he didn't know what they would do with them. They couldn't just leave them here, after they'd untied their shoes (since they couldn't do it themselves). He made sure the man could still breathe then answered the message.

The Nephandus could breathe he was just passed out from the pain and stress, hopefully he would wake up soon but for now he was out pretty good. The other two Nephandi looked at their friend horrified, know it would be their turn soon.

He nodded at that. "Agreed."

"Perhaps we could send Miss Cecilia in there to check for the gas it should not harm her."
Jeffry said and Cecilia shook her heand and looked scared.
"No Sir...no I am not going in there again...ever I am not...!"
She declared and shook her head while backing away. Jeffry sigh at that.
"I understand young lady and I am not going to force you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:27 pm

The Nephandus could breathe he was just passed out from the pain and stress, hopefully he would wake up soon but for now he was out pretty good. The other two Nephandi looked at their friend horrified, know it would be their turn soon.

No use in delaying the inevitable, they'd only be more upset for it.

"Perhaps we could send Miss Cecilia in there to check for the gas it should not harm her."
Jeffry said and Cecilia shook her heand and looked scared.
"No Sir...no I am not going in there again...ever I am not...!"
She declared and shook her head while backing away. Jeffry sigh at that.
"I understand young lady and I am not going to force you."

He remembered something, and took out the frame to scratch a note for his pater: 'You created tokens against the stuff before, I don't know if they'd need to be recharged but we might be able to use those if we cannot remove the gas in a different way. It's risky though, or we can ask some of our hedge wizard or custos allies to assist.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:30 pm

"It is pretty complex yes. I do not know more about the African spirit courts though, I know the Egyptian Gods are part of that court and through them they pass over into the Western ones and vice versa but I do not know much beyond that, sorry, but I am sure you can find books about it though."
Yu Die said.

"Guess that's another topic for the library trip tomorrow." Serge said with a smile as he remembered the promise he had made to Kyle which seemed like so long ago now.

As he remembered that one promise, he remembered many other obligation he had pushed for tomorrow. Library with Kyle, teaching Master Sharaya how to draw, meeting his Mentor's mentor, and going to Ikea with Rosa. And that was only the ones he could remember at the time.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:36 pm

"Guess that's another topic for the library trip tomorrow." Serge said with a smile as he remembered the promise he had made to Kyle which seemed like so long ago now.

As he remembered that one promise, he remembered many other obligation he had pushed for tomorrow. Library with Kyle, teaching Master Sharaya how to draw, meeting his Mentor's mentor, and going to Ikea with Rosa. And that was only the ones he could remember at the time.

"Books are fun, I love going to the library and to the university book store."
Yu Die said and nodded.
"I like to read one can learn so many things."
The young Akashic continued.

He remembered something, and took out the frame to scratch a note for his pater: 'You created tokens against the stuff before, I don't know if they'd need to be recharged but we might be able to use those if we cannot remove the gas in a different way. It's risky though, or we can ask some of our hedge wizard or custos allies to assist.'

Jeffry nodded he waited for your to hand him the tablet then he wrote on it.
"The tokens should still work, I will ask the teams that have our hedge wizard and custos members fighting alonside them if they could send one of them over to assist us."
Your Mentor handed you the tablet back and fished out his phone.
"While I do that, you should finish you task."
He said and nodded towards the two terrified Nephandi prisoners.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 pm

"I am sorry about that, but the Caul is what it is."
Dalisse said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "So it is... It'll have to be surgically removed, I suppose... in a manner of speaking."

"That is quite possible, Nephandi use verbal magick as well."
The Handler agreed.
He pondered, "It's possible to look back at it, if we knew exactly when such an incident occurred."

"It was...the 23 of March this year....it was a Monday."
Brandon whispered his voice hollow.
"I was given something horrible to drink right outside the door, there was blood in it, I could just bearely keep it down...and then we went inside, everyone where there, every member of the labyrinth save Lady Dalisse and they where all naked...then I was asked if I where willing and...and..."
He shook his head tears welling up in his eyes and he raised his voice a little.
"I do not want to talk about it...I do not want to talk about it!"
He repeated angrily, clearly deeply traumatized by the experience.
He laid his hand gently on Brandon's shoulder, "I'm sorry to have dredged up all those things, but that potion you were given would likely have been the key. Of course the wards would be keyed to blood - and be the means by which someone could enter the room unhindered. Thank you."

He sent off a quick message to Adley again, 'Caul chamber is protected by a painful ward, but new recruits were not impeded by it - a potion with blood was used, likely to mask the imbiber with the resonance of a Fallen member, possibly several. Anyone not protected like that will suffer extreme pain when entering or attempting magic in there. Also, Caul cannot be extricated; it's fused with the ship.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:48 pm

"Books are fun, I love going to the library and to the university book store."
Yu Die said and nodded.
"I like to read one can learn so many things."
The young Akashic continued.

"Same goes for me. Although I prefer the fiction to the non-fiction." Serge said. "Still I can't deny there's a lot of stuff in this world to learn. Is their anything in particular that you like to learn about? You mentioned history, which is one of my favorites. Anything else?"

(OOC: Quick Question. When we spend xp to raise a sphere does an in-game event occur to roleplay our character's learning that sphere or do we need to have some in-game justification prior to spending the xp?)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:53 am

Anja's Post:

'Can't we simply vent the gas out? This place does have a ventilation system.' Nicole replied a little curtly, keeping a careful watch on the goings-on with the prisoners.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:24 am

'Can't we simply vent the gas out? This place does have a ventilation system.' Nicole replied a little curtly, keeping a careful watch on the goings-on with the prisoners.

Jffry gave you a bit of a look over your tone then he said.
"This is a possibility. I will ask if the ship's handler will be able to acomplish this."
He said and fished his phone out and typed something on it.

"Same goes for me. Although I prefer the fiction to the non-fiction." Serge said. "Still I can't deny there's a lot of stuff in this world to learn. Is their anything in particular that you like to learn about? You mentioned history, which is one of my favorites. Anything else?"

"Fiction books can be fun as well Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"Well I like languages, and magick, and learning about world religions, I am also interested in cooking and arts and crafts."
She said.

(OOC: Generally I restrict any XP use to something a character would have some resonable chance of learning during the game, meaning if the whole game have been spent with political manovering it is not likely the character have learnd how to operate a submarine unless their player have said they spend their free time reading up on it and I do the same with Spheres but there I do assume the character study and ofen they realize they have gotten better at something rather suddenly so if you want a given Sphere I am sure we can arange for it.)

Colin nodded, "So it is... It'll have to be surgically removed, I suppose... in a manner of speaking."

"Yes or destroyed where it is."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He pondered, "It's possible to look back at it, if we knew exactly when such an incident occurred."

"Well Brandon was the last person in the Labyrinth to go thorugh the Caul."
The handler said and glanced over at the young Nephandus.

He laid his hand gently on Brandon's shoulder, "I'm sorry to have dredged up all those things, but that potion you were given would likely have been the key. Of course the wards would be keyed to blood - and be the means by which someone could enter the room unhindered. Thank you."

Brandon looked at you for a moment then he looked down again shivering the moemory of the Caul haunting him.
"It felt like hundreds of years...of endless torture...it never stopped..."
He muttered weakly.
"It just never stopped..."

Your phone pinged with a message from the Chief. It said:

To: CW
My good man is there any way to went the ramaining gas from the laberatory room, can you ask your associate about that.
Be Well.
JM"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:35 am

"Yes or destroyed where it is."
Dalisse said and nodded.
Colin shrugged, "Well, that's one method of removal, too..."

"Well Brandon was the last person in the Labyrinth to go thorugh the Caul."
The handler said and glanced over at the young Nephandus.
He followed Dalisse's gaze, nodding slightly.

Brandon looked at you for a moment then he looked down again shivering the moemory of the Caul haunting him.
"It felt like hundreds of years...of endless torture...it never stopped..."
He muttered weakly.
"It just never stopped..."
He looked up at Dalisse, "I think he needs another cup of tea... A chamomile blend, perhaps?"

Your phone pinged with a message from the Chief. It said:

To: CW
My good man is there any way to went the ramaining gas from the laberatory room, can you ask your associate about that.
Be Well.
JM"
He frowned at the screen, "Hum, is there somewhere safe we can vent Jace's laboratory to, to get rid of the released gas? Or otherwise some means of disposing of the gas as..."
He paused, "What would happen if the Caul was exposed to the gas?"

((OOC: Yeah, Colin's mostly been getting his XP funneled straight into Spheres, but it's justifiable in that he's been studying broadly for 25 years or so, and getting the last pieces of all the puzzles in so short order isn't unreasonable for him, right after a Seeking to boot. The dot in Spirit was a bit more of a special case, but the XP investment came before the "flash of insight" that unlocked the Sphere for him. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:14 am

"Fiction books can be fun as well Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"Well I like languages, and magick, and learning about world religions, I am also interested in cooking and arts and crafts."
She said.

"I've enjoy learning about magick, symbols, and pop culture throughout history." Serge said listing off his own interest.

"I've been wanting to learn how to animate though. Or at the very least how to draw on the computer. You know, digital art, with one of those styluses and tablets that translates your pen strokes onto the computer."

(OOC: Serge has only been studying for 5 years so flashes of insights probably are less likely for him. Although he is fresh out of a seeking so maybe it's time  Very Happy. Anja I wrote in my character sheet my Serge's motivation and justification for further study into the Entropy Sphere)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:41 am

"I've enjoy learning about magick, symbols, and pop culture throughout history." Serge said listing off his own interest.

"Do you know Sir that there are a occultist, I do not know if she are a mage or a hedge wizard but she have made a system of magick based on pop culture. I have her books I can lend them to you if you want."
Yu Die offered.

"I've been wanting to learn how to animate though. Or at the very least how to draw on the computer. You know, digital art, with one of those styluses and tablets that translates your pen strokes onto the computer."

"Well I am not sure I can help you there Sir, I have a program on my tablet that allow me to make a picture into a embroidery pattern but that is really as far as it go, but I am sure there are books about it somewhere."
The young Akashic said.

(OOC: Often flashes of insight happens easier for new mages than for those who have been studying for many years and are sure they know how everything are. Ok sounds good I will have a look at it. Also where not Colin waiting for a chance for his new Sphere rating to come into play as well Warp?)

Colin shrugged, "Well, that's one method of removal, too..."

"Me and my ship do consent to the Caul being destroyed even if it damage my ship in the process, we will heal."
The Handler said firmly.

He looked up at Dalisse, "I think he needs another cup of tea... A chamomile blend, perhaps?"

"Yes I do believe you are right Colin."
Dalisse said and she looked at the upset young Nephandus.
"I will be right back."
She said and she went to put on some more tea over in her kitchen area.

He frowned at the screen, "Hum, is there somewhere safe we can vent Jace's laboratory to, to get rid of the released gas? Or otherwise some means of disposing of the gas as..."

"I can vent it down into one of the engine rooms, it will do not harm there and just be vented out of the ship from there eventually, however that would mean venting air from the room that are full of prisoners and it can take a few minutes to get the airflow back into the room."
Dalisse replied.

He paused, "What would happen if the Caul was exposed to the gas?"

"That I do not know, perhaps it would be catastrophic perhaps nothing would happen."
The handler said and shook her head.

(OOC: Yeah we always find some ay to get a player the stats they want and find some justification for it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next