Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 3 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:41 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"We can only hope Mr Wainwright."
Udella said then she gave a conspirational grin.
"Then again I know what sort of Tass she likes."
Colin grinned, mentally nudging at Mia, "Bribes, now? What sort of a legal precedent are you setting for the dear lady? I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to accept such an offer..."

"No what he said was that he and his Cabal had been attempted captured but got away, but a woman in his Cabal had been injected with the serum, and he reconstructed it from a sample of her blood, well it is an explination at least but now I am starting to wonder."
Udella said and frowned.
He frowned, "From a sample of her blood... that does sounds dubious, knowing what we know of how the serum works... If he had said a sample from the injection site, I'd have had less reason to doubt the claim, but I'm not sure a mere blood sample would have sufficient concentration of the stuff for so complete an analysis... In particular since the stuff contains Primium particles, well known to be an utter nightmare to detect."

"Sending an invisible observer would be considered scrying. I will see what can be done, but observing this man unseen will not be easy."
The Enforcer said and nodded.
He nodded, "Much can be accomplished by a carefully placed observer with binoculars, watching from a nearby building... No magic involved."
He pondered for a moment, "The prohibition against scrying, though, that's specifically Hermetic Law rather than Tradition Law, isn't it?"

"There are not that many Gilgul victims alive, other than on Nephandi the punishment is quite rare and most Nephandi are executed afterwards but I suppose someone might be found, but yes I do think you are aiming to high for a punishment and no you should not share your memories with anyone Mr Wainwright that would be quite dangerous."
Udella adviced.
He nodded, then frowned, "Well, I can think of one or two, depending on how the future goes... Miss Florentine, for one, who may well be willing to hand over her memory once she has a new Avatar and is getting back on her feet... and Miss Bluehill, if we cannot save her soul with her cooperation; she'll fear death so much she'll ask to survive after... after. In the last hour, when I speak with her, she's far more afraid of surviving..."

"You find the same in all areas, one of my Cabalmates is a Bonisagus from Kongo, he have been treated quite badly when we visit USA a few times and there is a real problem with racial inequality, but then you have some who take great offense at a white practitioner using Hoodoo or wearing their hair in small braids and then they loose me."
The old Quesitor said and frowned.
"And the problem is that the profesionally offended takes away attention fro the real problems."
He nodded, "Ah, yes, the cultural appropriation issue... I can see where it's coming from, but some of those on the barricades of that particular topic have lost focus. It's not cultural appropriation if a white man enjoys, say, Indian food. It is cultural appropriation if that white man enjoys Indian food while preventing Indians from enjoying the same... And as has been happening here in America, it is cultural appropriation when white people wear more-or-less historically accurate Native American costumes, while actual Native Americans are denied the chance to wear their own cultural garments. A comparable thing in Mage society would be if one or two Traditions learned the Parma Magica and started using it, while denying the Order of Hermes the right to employ it. It is utterly preposterous, obviously, but the mundane forms of it... unfortunately do occur."

Crexia sat at a old esk, her office had high quality furniture but they where all quite old. The curtains where dark blue and made of velvet, the desk had a marble top and oak bottom, the blue and purple carpet was finelly woven, there where bookshelves filled with old books along the walls. The archmaga herself sat looking over some papers, before her stood a cup of tea she did not drink, she had told you she enjoyed the small.
"Ah Mr Wainwright please come in, yes my guest have departed."
She confirmed and indicated a chair.
"Please take a seat, would you like a cup of tea?"
She offered.
He glanced around and sniffed lightly, "Very nice decor... Not often that I get to see such a well cared for set of furniture... 17th or 18th century, perhaps?"
He smiled as he sat down, pulling the book from his bag, "A cup of tea would be nice, thank you... but what I wished a word about was this book, The Creation of the Mage's Child... I believe it to be a first-generation copy of the original work, with mostly equally-early supplementary texts and appendices. Would you concur with that assessment?"
He gently laid the old book on the desk, "Of course, I will need some assistance in translating the non-Latin parts, though I believe my Cabalmate will be quite capable of assisting with that."
He smiled, "Lady Dalisse ex Diedne is quite well, and the years have been kind to her, though her... associates have not been as gentle all the time."

((OOC: Definitely that pasta machine, then. Colin's going to be on Pesto duty for the foreseeable future, huh? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 3 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Anja's Post:

'That's the idea.' Nicole replied, clearing the workbench so she could remove the legs. 'If somebody could put the rear seats down...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Jeffry considered."Well ehm...yes it would, she is not Fallen nor a Technocrat so if a Traditionalist hedge wizard where to apprentice her then she would have rights and Master D'Angelo would have no claim on her, she would no longer be a prisoner to be interrogated she would be a student, perhaps she can demand Miss Sinclair stand before a Tribunal though and that could create...issues but yes, that would work." He said and nodded. "And would be far better than her being an indentured slave, the question is if any of our hedge wizards are willing to take her on."

"Suggestions as to whom may be willing to do so are welcome at this point. Considering the...erm, current predicament and her past we may not have a lot of time to search for someone but we have to be cautious." He glanced at Cecelia to see if she had anything to say about it, of course it was better than being a slave - so long as they found someone that was good and could stay away from the Di'angelos influence.

"I...don't know, I just don't know I want to develop further but at the same time I have spent my life developing these powers...I...just don't know." Henrietta said and she ran her hand through her hair then cursed. "Ehm...sorry Sirs I found I still have some Nephandi in my hair." She muttered. "There is a woman at Lux Itineris a Master Aurora Miletti, she is the headmistress in their school for...ehm what do you call it...third degrees? Your hedge wizards? She have been studying how to let Awakening hedge wizards keep their powers after Awakening, I have a meeting with her tomorrow...eh ehm...not relevant right now sorry for babbeling."

He gave a wry smile at her comment about finding something in her hair. "Well, good luck to you of course, I have met her once briefly. And if that doesn't work out, well...there are many here that will support your newfound insights and the challenges it may bring. It's understandable to not want to lose what you've acquired or to be afraid of change, nothing is the same afterward." Ms Day might have made a good teacher for Cecelia, but she was awakening and who knew what upset that might cause until it happened. Avatars had their own plans, and it was rare enough that someone this long a hedge wizard awakened later in life.

Jeffry nodded. "Very well Miss Day, I will leave Miss Sinclair into your care for now then." He said and Henrietta stood and nodded. "Ok...if you come with me Cecilia we can get you a meal and a place to sleep." Cecilia nodded but she gave you a bit of a nervous look, clearly still afraid.

"It's alright, she is a good person. She's not going to hurt you. Try to rest and we're going to do our best about the rest of it..." he assured her. He waited for them to leave and then sighed, eyeing the chair again as if he were thinking of sinking down onto it. "Well, now what is next then...?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 pm

[Colin] (At Morningstar 6 in the afternoon.)

Colin grinned, mentally nudging at Mia, "Bribes, now? What sort of a legal precedent are you setting for the dear lady? I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to accept such an offer..."

Mia pointedly did not respond to you, she did not like this talk about looking at her or touching her, she did not like it one bit and if she was not such a lady you would say she was sitting in her spot in your soul sulking, off course Mia would never sulk now would she.

He frowned, "From a sample of her blood... that does sounds dubious, knowing what we know of how the serum works... If he had said a sample from the injection site, I'd have had less reason to doubt the claim, but I'm not sure a mere blood sample would have sufficient concentration of the stuff for so complete an analysis... In particular since the stuff contains Primium particles, well known to be an utter nightmare to detect."

"Yes it made me rather suspicious as well when I heard about it, but there was no evidence that suggjested doubting the man's claims, however with what you say, that he works with the Italians and what we discussed earlier about the potential hidden use the Union have of the serum...well let us just say I am buying the good doctor's claims less and less."
Udella said and frowned.

He nodded, "Much can be accomplished by a carefully placed observer with binoculars, watching from a nearby building... No magic involved."
He pondered for a moment, "The prohibition against scrying, though, that's specifically Hermetic Law rather than Tradition Law, isn't it?"

"The problem is that this guard probably live in the Hermetic section of Horizon Chantry and he works in the prison beneath Horizon Chantry so for most of his work he will spend his time inside the main Chantry building and when he leaves it, let us just say that if the Security Council can not figure out someone is sitting next to the Tradition's Domus Magna spying on one of thier own then I would say we have bigger problems with them than just one to eager guard that mistreat prisoners."
Udella said dryly.
"That is correct it is a part of the Hermetic Code that do not apply to others than Hermetics however if I ask a member of another Tradition to scry for me I would be breaking that Code even if the scryer him or herself would be in the clear."

He nodded, then frowned, "Well, I can think of one or two, depending on how the future goes... Miss Florentine, for one, who may well be willing to hand over her memory once she has a new Avatar and is getting back on her feet... and Miss Bluehill, if we cannot save her soul with her cooperation; she'll fear death so much she'll ask to survive after... after. In the last hour, when I speak with her, she's far more afraid of surviving..."

"That is possible, though asking them about such memories might upset them greately but I guess that if you, and mind you I do not think you will, but if you get the Council to agree to such a punishment there might be some options, but really I do think the whole thing is a bad idea that will gain nothing other than vengence and be needlessly costly and cruel where a simple execution will solve the problem."

He nodded, "Ah, yes, the cultural appropriation issue... I can see where it's coming from, but some of those on the barricades of that particular topic have lost focus. It's not cultural appropriation if a white man enjoys, say, Indian food. It is cultural appropriation if that white man enjoys Indian food while preventing Indians from enjoying the same... And as has been happening here in America, it is cultural appropriation when white people wear more-or-less historically accurate Native American costumes, while actual Native Americans are denied the chance to wear their own cultural garments. A comparable thing in Mage society would be if one or two Traditions learned the Parma Magica and started using it, while denying the Order of Hermes the right to employ it. It is utterly preposterous, obviously, but the mundane forms of it... unfortunately do occur."

"I believe it to be wrong to take elements of another culture, and that include European culture it enrage me when someone complain over micro braids but things Italian stereotypes in pizza comersials are completely acceptable, just to belittle said culture, so dressing up as an Native American stereotype for example, that can be insulting. However cultures have always shared, and in today's society where a woman in Sweeden might have good friends she speak to every day through her computer in Kongo culture will be shared."
Udella said then she nodded.
"I can see how that can be infuriating when a white person in for example tiny braids are applauded for her hairstyle but a black woman who need such braids to keep her natural hair undeer control are not allowed by her work to wear them but I think it is kicking in the wrong direction to attack a random white person wearing such a hairstyle when they are not the one who have denied the black woman anything. Ok let me make an example, if I where to just put my hair in a ponytail or worse leave it losse, just throw on an old shirt and a blouse, with no make up or jewlery and rush out for milk for my tea early in the morning, others would take one look at my age, or rather the age I appear to be and judge e a slob and a crazy cat lady, that I actually keep cats are beside the point, I would be looked down on unless I make an effort to look...dignified, however a young, thin, pretty woman who left her hair down and just wore something she threw on to run to the store would be seen as sporty for not worrying about her apperance all the time, now the problem is how society judge women, not that this young woman decided to just throw something on and run out and get that milk it is not her fault I have to take the time to look dignified not to be branded as a crazy old slob while she can wear whatever she please and be seen as sporty."

He glanced around and sniffed lightly, "Very nice decor... Not often that I get to see such a well cared for set of furniture... 17th or 18th century, perhaps?"

"Yes they are indeed from that time period, for the most part, the carpet is newer. I believe in getting quality items and then maintaining them rather than using and discarding cheap things. I like for there to build up a spiritual pressence in the things I surround myself with."
Crexia said and smiled.

He smiled as he sat down, pulling the book from his bag, "A cup of tea would be nice, thank you... but what I wished a word about was this book, The Creation of the Mage's Child... I believe it to be a first-generation copy of the original work, with mostly equally-early supplementary texts and appendices. Would you concur with that assessment?"

The old archmaga nodded she filled a cup of tea from the pot on her desk and added a dash of milk as you had taken the tea earlier and handed you the hot drink in a fine old tea cup showing a cuple rowing on a idyllic leake with a matching saucer. She then leaned in a little to look at the book and nodded.
"Yes indeed, this is a first generation copy of the original, remarkable where did you get this? This book looks like it is contemporary with the Founders themselves."

He gently laid the old book on the desk, "Of course, I will need some assistance in translating the non-Latin parts, though I believe my Cabalmate will be quite capable of assisting with that."
He smiled, "Lady Dalisse ex Diedne is quite well, and the years have been kind to her, though her... associates have not been as gentle all the time."

"Greek and Coptic, that are what the non Latin parts are written in from the pages you showed me...yes this do seam to be a most rate and valuable book."
Crexia said then she raised and eyebrow.
"Dalisse ex Diedne poor woman...so she restored her Gift then? I am glad to hear it. I will make the guess then that she was the one who gave you this book Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: Jupp pesto duty for Colin.)

[Nicole] (At the old auto shop 4 in the afternoon.)

'That's the idea.' Nicole replied, clearing the workbench so she could remove the legs. 'If somebody could put the rear seats down...'

"I will take care of it Miss."
Violet anounced then she went to do exactly that, laying the seats down so you could fit the work bench. Thorn started gathering the other items that where going into the car up so he could put them in when he saw how much room the bench would take.
"I think I might be able to cast a spell on this to make it less likely anyone else will find the car and make of with it."
The Verbena Adept offered.

[Adley] (At Steelhaven 4 in the afternoon.)

"Suggestions as to whom may be willing to do so are welcome at this point. Considering the...erm, current predicament and her past we may not have a lot of time to search for someone but we have to be cautious." He glanced at Cecelia to see if she had anything to say about it, of course it was better than being a slave - so long as they found someone that was good and could stay away from the Di'angelos influence.

"Being an apprentice would be better than being a slave Sir."
Cecilia said softly.
"But I am used to being one so that is okey as well."
Henrietta considered.
"I...could take her in the problem is that I do not know how long I will be able to teach her, like I said I am Awakening, I got myself examined by Master Telar and she said it could happen just about any time...our other choices are the Van Hess couple but both of them have rather spesific areas of expertice and might not be able to teach her much but she would be protected. Miss White is kind but she is a Custos and not a Tradition member so there is that issue, and then there is that new Verbena, Master Nassa's former student, but she is so young she might not be an idal choice if any of them are willing that is."
The hedge wizard commented.
"I myself was trained communaly, which is often the case among the Hollow Ones so I have no teacher myself to refer her to either."

He gave a wry smile at her comment about finding something in her hair. "Well, good luck to you of course, I have met her once briefly. And if that doesn't work out, well...there are many here that will support your newfound insights and the challenges it may bring. It's understandable to not want to lose what you've acquired or to be afraid of change, nothing is the same afterward." Ms Day might have made a good teacher for Cecelia, but she was awakening and who knew what upset that might cause until it happened. Avatars had their own plans, and it was rare enough that someone this long a hedge wizard awakened later in life.

"Thank you I know I will be supported by the Chantry and that I will get through the change but yes I am afraid and I...well starting all over do scare me even if I might ultimatly be able to reach further this way...perhaps this is happening because I have eventually come to the conclusion that power alone...is no longer enough."
Hnrietta said and sigh.
"But yes I hope Mistress Miletti will be able to help me, and if not...well I guess I will just have to learn to shapechange all over again."
She commented with a slight smile, but it was also clear that she was in turmoil over this but kept it mostly hidden, it was not time for her problems, not yet.
"Mr Karyak also said he would...talk to my sleeping Avatar trying to talk it into letting me keep what I got, if it even works that way."

"It's alright, she is a good person. She's not going to hurt you. Try to rest and we're going to do our best about the rest of it..." he assured her. He waited for them to leave and then sighed, eyeing the chair again as if he were thinking of sinking down onto it. "Well, now what is next then...?"

Cecilia seamed reassured by your words and she let Henrietta lead her out of the office, both of them stopping to curtsy to both of you before leaving, you heard Henrietta say to Cecilia.
"And there will be some food soon, I am sure someone will bring us a couple of bowls of it, and once you have eaten you can get some rest, don't worry you will be fine I will watch over you."
Jeffry looked at the closed door and he smiled a little.
"I am not sure if I should be happy for Miss Day or sad but either way she have some challanges ahead of her...as for what is next...well first of all did you contact Mr Darehill about the time bubble?"
Your Mentor asked.

(OOC: Hufsa have had her first molt in my care, her butt is no longer bald she have a whole butt full of ammo now Razz )

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:28 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
Mia pointedly did not respond to you, she did not like this talk about looking at her or touching her, she did not like it one bit and if she was not such a lady you would say she was sitting in her spot in your soul sulking, off course Mia would never sulk now would she.
Colin sighed softly, thinking to Mia, 'Ah, I am teasing. Tell you what, if the Quaesitor who tried to prod you in the polyp tries that again, give her a shard as a permanent reminder. That should teach her...'

"Yes it made me rather suspicious as well when I heard about it, but there was no evidence that suggjested doubting the man's claims, however with what you say, that he works with the Italians and what we discussed earlier about the potential hidden use the Union have of the serum...well let us just say I am buying the good doctor's claims less and less."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded, "It does sound... less plausible."

"The problem is that this guard probably live in the Hermetic section of Horizon Chantry and he works in the prison beneath Horizon Chantry so for most of his work he will spend his time inside the main Chantry building and when he leaves it, let us just say that if the Security Council can not figure out someone is sitting next to the Tradition's Domus Magna spying on one of thier own then I would say we have bigger problems with them than just one to eager guard that mistreat prisoners."
Udella said dryly.
"That is correct it is a part of the Hermetic Code that do not apply to others than Hermetics however if I ask a member of another Tradition to scry for me I would be breaking that Code even if the scryer him or herself would be in the clear."
He nodded, "And it would hardly be any better if I hired someone to do it, being a member of a Hermetic Chantry, and lacking the backing of a Tradition to cover me legally..."

"That is possible, though asking them about such memories might upset them greately but I guess that if you, and mind you I do not think you will, but if you get the Council to agree to such a punishment there might be some options, but really I do think the whole thing is a bad idea that will gain nothing other than vengence and be needlessly costly and cruel where a simple execution will solve the problem."
He nodded, "No, you're right about that - it is a horrid memory... I wouldn't necessarily want to pressure anyone into recalling it. Frankly, giving it a little thought, even asking about it is probably going to hurt more than I am really comfortable with..."

"I believe it to be wrong to take elements of another culture, and that include European culture it enrage me when someone complain over micro braids but things Italian stereotypes in pizza comersials are completely acceptable, just to belittle said culture, so dressing up as an Native American stereotype for example, that can be insulting. However cultures have always shared, and in today's society where a woman in Sweeden might have good friends she speak to every day through her computer in Kongo culture will be shared."
Udella said then she nodded.
"I can see how that can be infuriating when a white person in for example tiny braids are applauded for her hairstyle but a black woman who need such braids to keep her natural hair undeer control are not allowed by her work to wear them but I think it is kicking in the wrong direction to attack a random white person wearing such a hairstyle when they are not the one who have denied the black woman anything. Ok let me make an example, if I where to just put my hair in a ponytail or worse leave it losse, just throw on an old shirt and a blouse, with no make up or jewlery and rush out for milk for my tea early in the morning, others would take one look at my age, or rather the age I appear to be and judge e a slob and a crazy cat lady, that I actually keep cats are beside the point, I would be looked down on unless I make an effort to look...dignified, however a young, thin, pretty woman who left her hair down and just wore something she threw on to run to the store would be seen as sporty for not worrying about her apperance all the time, now the problem is how society judge women, not that this young woman decided to just throw something on and run out and get that milk it is not her fault I have to take the time to look dignified not to be branded as a crazy old slob while she can wear whatever she please and be seen as sporty."
Colin smiled wryly, "When World War One broke out, many British were worried about German empire building. Of course, given that the British Empire covered a quarter of the globe, while the German empire consisted of a sausage factory in Tanganyika, we hardly possessed the moral high ground on the imperialism front... But yes, I know exactly what you mean about appearances. If I were to wear something even slightly shabbier looking than a suit, I might get arrested for vagrancy again. A face like mine is not precisely the sort that looks like it belongs on the gainfully employed..."

"Yes they are indeed from that time period, for the most part, the carpet is newer. I believe in getting quality items and then maintaining them rather than using and discarding cheap things. I like for there to build up a spiritual pressence in the things I surround myself with."
Crexia said and smiled.
He nodded, "I quite agree. While IKEA does have the advantage of easy affordability, the materials used tend to... show signs of wear and tear after few years. Whereas my parents' living room table was inherited from my great-gran, and they couldn't throw it out if they wanted. Nothing supernatural, of course; it's just that the thing is made from thick, solid oak and weighs half a ton... Then again, perhaps it has picked up a bit of spiritual presence over the decades."

The old archmaga nodded she filled a cup of tea from the pot on her desk and added a dash of milk as you had taken the tea earlier and handed you the hot drink in a fine old tea cup showing a cuple rowing on a idyllic leake with a matching saucer. She then leaned in a little to look at the book and nodded.
"Yes indeed, this is a first generation copy of the original, remarkable where did you get this? This book looks like it is contemporary with the Founders themselves."
He smiled as he let the tea swirl in the cup for a few moments, "It was a gift, a free choice of any one book in exchange for a well-beloved other book in a very nice hardcover edition... In monetary terms, I certainly received the grander gift."

"Greek and Coptic, that are what the non Latin parts are written in from the pages you showed me...yes this do seam to be a most rate and valuable book."
Crexia said then she raised and eyebrow.
"Dalisse ex Diedne poor woman...so she restored her Gift then? I am glad to hear it. I will make the guess then that she was the one who gave you this book Mr Wainwright?"
He nodded, "Her gift was never destroyed, merely temporarily separated... Her Fount returned to her as an old, scarred man; she revealed him to me, mighty and Primordial, but never Fallen."
He held up the piece of Tass, "I was even given proof of her soul's state..."
He fished out his notebook with his other hand, flipping it open to his drawing of Dalisse, "And she is still pretty, even if she is somewhat more alien."
He laid down the two items on the desk and picked up the teacup, sipping lightly, "All in all, if she could be brought home with her ship, the Traditions would have a powerful ally, and we might be able to recruit more polyps to aid our side against the Fallen's corrupted battlecruisers... Dalisse's ship is quite magnificent, similar to a big dog, or perhaps a dolphin in mentality. Quite friendly, though it did misunderstand my appreciation for flying to mean that I am a podling of its own kind..."

((OOC: Yay healthy fuzzybum! ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 am

Anja's Post:

'More worried about it getting attention while being driven across town than it sitting in a car lot for an hour or two.' Nicole replied, a little muffled as she put the table on it's side to start removing the legs.

[Warp: I think you owe Blackadder some royalties. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 am

"Being an apprentice would be better than being a slave Sir." Cecilia said softly. "But I am used to being one so that is okey as well."

"I tend to agree, if it is with the right teacher at least."

Henrietta considered. "I...could take her in the problem is that I do not know how long I will be able to teach her, like I said I am Awakening, I got myself examined by Master Telar and she said it could happen just about any time...our other choices are the Van Hess couple but both of them have rather spesific areas of expertice and might not be able to teach her much but she would be protected. Miss White is kind but she is a Custos and not a Tradition member so there is that issue, and then there is that new Verbena, Master Nassa's former student, but she is so young she might not be an idal choice if any of them are willing that is." The hedge wizard commented. "I myself was trained communaly, which is often the case among the Hollow Ones so I have no teacher myself to refer her to either."

"Hm...of those all I would choose you, if you would be so inclined but...there might be some things to know about the situation and your prospect before anything is finalized. But yes, if you awakened, then she would need a new teacher and we'd have to find her one as soon as possible just in case. Also, I am not sure how much you know about the grounds of all of this." He glanced at his mentor. "My concern is that if the grounds of keeping her here are that she is a spoil of war, then would I would have to take her as an indentured servant or there could be some issues. But if it does not matter which takes precedence in time and she could be spared by finding a mentor I think that might be preferable to both of us assuming that the person is willing to take on the...challenges. If the former, I could then turn her over into your care and then writ into any contract that should you awaken, she would revert to being my servant temporarily until you, my mentor, my amicus or I find her a new and suitable teacher. Or something like that, to prevent an exploitable grey area."

"Thank you I know I will be supported by the Chantry and that I will get through the change but yes I am afraid and I...well starting all over do scare me even if I might ultimatly be able to reach further this way...perhaps this is happening because I have eventually come to the conclusion that power alone...is no longer enough."
Hnrietta said and sigh. "But yes I hope Mistress Miletti will be able to help me, and if not...well I guess I will just have to learn to shapechange all over again."
She commented with a slight smile, but it was also clear that she was in turmoil over this but kept it mostly hidden, it was not time for her problems, not yet.
"Mr Karyak also said he would...talk to my sleeping Avatar trying to talk it into letting me keep what I got, if it even works that way."

"Power for it's own sake is another illusion. I suppose the question is, what is enough and perhaps that is what you will find out. Hm, yes Mr Karyak...I don't know that it does work that way and if it is asleep and he talks to it, will it awaken then?"

Jeffry looked at the closed door and he smiled a little. "I am not sure if I should be happy for Miss Day or sad but either way she have some challanges ahead of her...as for what is next...well first of all did you contact Mr Darehill about the time bubble?"

"Ah, yes of course. I did, and he said that he would do so after dinner."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 am

"I think the problem is not that others are different Serge, but that I am so different, but yes I guess I have my turtles and my parents and my brother."
Paul said and he smiled a little.
"But...how can I even relate myself, much less how can others relate to what have happened to me?"

"I guess that will be a tricky thing to do." Serge admitted. "I doubt they'll ever understand. That's just the sort of life we lead. Other mages may understand and appreciate your difference but it'll be hard for those who haven't gone through what you have."

"Yeah...I think I probably can, it depends though sometimes trauma set an injury, let me see what I can do."
The German Verbena said gruffly, then he said to Paul.
"I am going to carve a rune into my own arm, but I am not going to hurt you ok?"
Paul nodded at that and the German proceded to do just that, he frowned and then put his hand gently on Paul's abdomen and the other on his forehead.
"It might feel odd while the healing happens, just try to relax."
He said and the wounded man nodded. After a few minutes the German pulled his hands away.
"I have done what I can, he should be okey now, but he needs rest and food."
He informed you gruffly sounding like he was annoyed.

Serge stood next to Paul as the healing was happening, just in case he needed to calm Paul down if he had a panic attack. When the healing was done Serge looked to the German man and said, "Thanks for your help."

He turned his gaze towards Paul and said in a voice of concern, "Do you feel better now Paul?"

"Well then I can flaunt it and you can try to avoid doing so Mr Yager."
Allison said sounding amused.
"I mean I already have a problem getting the Ducktales teamsong out of my head and I have not watched that show since I was a child."

"....Life is like a hurricane, here in Duck-burg...." Serge said mockingly hoping to get the tune stuck in the poor hedge mage's head.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 am

Colin sighed softly, thinking to Mia, 'Ah, I am teasing. Tell you what, if the Quaesitor who tried to prod you in the polyp tries that again, give her a shard as a permanent reminder. That should teach her...'

That seamed the cheer Mia up for while she certinly would not do it, she valued her shards, the though made her chukle which you heard deep in your soul.

He nodded, "It does sound... less plausible."

"So it do indeed."
Udella said and frowned.
"The question then is how the man found the serum and why he brought it to the Traditions."

He nodded, "And it would hardly be any better if I hired someone to do it, being a member of a Hermetic Chantry, and lacking the backing of a Tradition to cover me legally..."

"No that would not be a wise legal decicion either."
The Enforcer said and shook her head.
"I do not really see the idea of having a member of the Security Council watched as a very viable option Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "No, you're right about that - it is a horrid memory... I wouldn't necessarily want to pressure anyone into recalling it. Frankly, giving it a little thought, even asking about it is probably going to hurt more than I am really comfortable with..."

"Perhaps trying to ask for a simple execution or Branding for the induvidual in question would be a easier and less painful option for everyone involved."
Udella commented.

Colin smiled wryly, "When World War One broke out, many British were worried about German empire building. Of course, given that the British Empire covered a quarter of the globe, while the German empire consisted of a sausage factory in Tanganyika, we hardly possessed the moral high ground on the imperialism front... But yes, I know exactly what you mean about appearances. If I were to wear something even slightly shabbier looking than a suit, I might get arrested for vagrancy again. A face like mine is not precisely the sort that looks like it belongs on the gainfully employed..."

"Indeed, society have the idea that anyone worth anything are fairly young for women and a bit up in age for men and good looking ayone not fitting that description better work for it or be taken for a asyou said it, a vagrant which is quite unfortunate, it is not however the fault of those who do fit the ideal and what should be fought is the injustice that those who just happen to be judged less. It is a little bit like if your sink sprink aleak that hit you but leave your friend dry you are more concerned with attacking your friend who was lucky enough to remain dry than fixing the leak in the sink."
Udella said and sigh.

He nodded, "I quite agree. While IKEA does have the advantage of easy affordability, the materials used tend to... show signs of wear and tear after few years. Whereas my parents' living room table was inherited from my great-gran, and they couldn't throw it out if they wanted. Nothing supernatural, of course; it's just that the thing is made from thick, solid oak and weighs half a ton... Then again, perhaps it has picked up a bit of spiritual presence over the decades."

"Well that have always been the tragedy of it now have it not, if one can afford to buy quality one often end up spending far less overall since the things simply lasts longer, but if one can not afford quality one end up spending more overall as the cheap things one can afford to buy slowly breaks down."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Indeed I do believe that most items develop a spiritual pressence over time if they are loved and used for long enough."

He smiled as he let the tea swirl in the cup for a few moments, "It was a gift, a free choice of any one book in exchange for a well-beloved other book in a very nice hardcover edition... In monetary terms, I certainly received the grander gift."

"Well sometimes a valued novel to give comfort can be more worth for and induvidual than something that have a greater monetary value."
Crexia said and nodded again.

He nodded, "Her gift was never destroyed, merely temporarily separated... Her Fount returned to her as an old, scarred man; she revealed him to me, mighty and Primordial, but never Fallen."

"Ah that is good to know, that poor woman."

He held up the piece of Tass, "I was even given proof of her soul's state..."
He fished out his notebook with his other hand, flipping it open to his drawing of Dalisse, "And she is still pretty, even if she is somewhat more alien."

"Ah so she was with the Nephandi then? I am glad she is not Fallen."
Crexia said as she looked at the gem and then the drawing.
"Beautiful indeed tough Twilight have changed her form."

He laid down the two items on the desk and picked up the teacup, sipping lightly, "All in all, if she could be brought home with her ship, the Traditions would have a powerful ally, and we might be able to recruit more polyps to aid our side against the Fallen's corrupted battlecruisers... Dalisse's ship is quite magnificent, similar to a big dog, or perhaps a dolphin in mentality. Quite friendly, though it did misunderstand my appreciation for flying to mean that I am a podling of its own kind..."

"Having Polyps on on side...hu well they are massivly powerful, that would indeed be a boon."
The old archmage said as she returned to her seat.
"The question then is how to do that and get the Council to agree to it."

(OOC: Jupp she have now fully reloaded.)

[Nicole] (At the old auto shop 4 in the afternoon.)

'More worried about it getting attention while being driven across town than it sitting in a car lot for an hour or two.' Nicole replied, a little muffled as she put the table on it's side to start removing the legs.

"This is true though a spell to conceal it in such a way would also work while it was being driven unless you go out of your way to be noticed."
Thorn said.
"Do you need any help with the table Miss?"
He asked.

[Adley] (At Steelhaven 4 in the afternoon.)

"I tend to agree, if it is with the right teacher at least."

Cecilia nodded at that.

"Hm...of those all I would choose you, if you would be so inclined but...there might be some things to know about the situation and your prospect before anything is finalized. But yes, if you awakened, then she would need a new teacher and we'd have to find her one as soon as possible just in case. Also, I am not sure how much you know about the grounds of all of this."

"I would need more details to make a final decision in the matter off course but I overheard the discussion in the Caul chamber where the Quesitor Lady demanded she be handed over and I do assume this have all to do about that and protecting her for Madame Javert and her buddies."
Henrietta said and she glanced at Cecilia.
"But if I Awaken like I said I will no longer be able to teach her anything."

He glanced at his mentor. "My concern is that if the grounds of keeping her here are that she is a spoil of war, then would I would have to take her as an indentured servant or there could be some issues. But if it does not matter which takes precedence in time and she could be spared by finding a mentor I think that might be preferable to both of us assuming that the person is willing to take on the...challenges. If the former, I could then turn her over into your care and then writ into any contract that should you awaken, she would revert to being my servant temporarily until you, my mentor, my amicus or I find her a new and suitable teacher. Or something like that, to prevent an exploitable grey area."

"You can take someone you have claimed as spoils of war as your own apprentice or give or sell them to another. Remember mea filius that while it might be an outdated practice the Order still consider an apprentice the property of their Mentor until such time that the student pass their Gauntlet, and it was not an uncommon practice when a Wizard's War where declared that the winner claimed the looser's apprentice and either kept the student or gave him to one of their allies. Miss Day is a powerful member of the Chantry, most would see you claiming a hedge wizard as your servent and then giving her to Miss Day as her student to be an attemnt to get Miss Day's favor and having a addition to the contract that Miss Sinclair will eturn to be your servant if Miss Day is no longer able to teach her until the point when she can be fully initiated into the Hollow Ones is legally quite acceptable, though we should probably have Master Steelhaven look at the contract just to be sure."

"Power for it's own sake is another illusion. I suppose the question is, what is enough and perhaps that is what you will find out. Hm, yes Mr Karyak...I don't know that it does work that way and if it is asleep and he talks to it, will it awaken then?"

"I...do not know what I seek, it is hard to explain, I begun to learn magic to help my fiance in his work as a healer but when the Technocrazy...killed him...and I went to study with the Hollow Ones I only wanted power...for revenge, for safety, for safety of my friends...and now I...I do not know I want more something with deeper meaning but I am not sure what that meaning is....ah I probably sound pretty kooky."
Henrietta said embarashed.
"Mr Karyak said that talking with my Avatar would not make it Awaken but I do not know...I want to talk with Mistress Miletti first she is after all working on ensuring that Hermetic hedge wizards that Awaken get to keep what they have learned, which would be practical."
She commented and Jeffry nodded.
"Well it might be you get to keep what you can do Miss Day but it will then be dynamic and not linear magick, Adley where not Awakened when I apprenticed him and he went through the degrees, some of the rituals and spells I taught him before he Awakened he still use but now it is dynamic magick, perhaps the knowledge can stay but the way that knowledge is used changes."
Henrietta nodded at looked at you.
"Really?"
She asked.

"Ah, yes of course. I did, and he said that he would do so after dinner."

"Good good."
Jeffry said and stood.
"Well then our next order of bussiness mea filius are dinner."

[Serge] (OOC: Steelhaven 4 in the afternoon.)

"I guess that will be a tricky thing to do." Serge admitted. "I doubt they'll ever understand. That's just the sort of life we lead. Other mages may understand and appreciate your difference but it'll be hard for those who haven't gone through what you have."

"There are support groups for those who have sufferent torture...just because it is hard for anyone else to really understand."
You heard your Mentor say from her bed.
"If your new friend over where want to kid I can arrange for him to meet with one...and everything always changes, that is the way of life, but he can have good family relations again, I can help him."
She muttered weakly. Paul looked from you to the wounded woman in the bed and he looked confused.
"Who is she?"
He asked.

Serge stood next to Paul as the healing was happening, just in case he needed to calm Paul down if he had a panic attack. When the healing was done Serge looked to the German man and said, "Thanks for your help."

"It is my job."
The German said gruffly and shrugged.
"I am going to see if there is any food downstairs, do any of you lot want anything?"
He grumbeled.

He turned his gaze towards Paul and said in a voice of concern, "Do you feel better now Paul?"

"Yeah...a little I mean it hurts allot less...everywhere. I am still pretty tired though."
Paul muttered a bit nervously.

"....Life is like a hurricane, here in Duck-burg...." Serge said mockingly hoping to get the tune stuck in the poor hedge mage's head.

"Oh don't remind me...how can such a silly song be that catchy? The show was good though."
Allison said and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"So it do indeed."
Udella said and frowned.
"The question then is how the man found the serum and why he brought it to the Traditions."
Colin nodded, "We know the Nephandi in Chicago had a substantial supply made in-house..."

"No that would not be a wise legal decicion either."
The Enforcer said and shook her head.
"I do not really see the idea of having a member of the Security Council watched as a very viable option Mr Wainwright."
He sighed, "Which means we have to find proof elsewhere... Not impossible, of course, but a lot harder..."

"Perhaps trying to ask for a simple execution or Branding for the induvidual in question would be a easier and less painful option for everyone involved."
Udella commented.
He nodded, "Likely so..."

"Indeed, society have the idea that anyone worth anything are fairly young for women and a bit up in age for men and good looking ayone not fitting that description better work for it or be taken for a asyou said it, a vagrant which is quite unfortunate, it is not however the fault of those who do fit the ideal and what should be fought is the injustice that those who just happen to be judged less. It is a little bit like if your sink sprink aleak that hit you but leave your friend dry you are more concerned with attacking your friend who was lucky enough to remain dry than fixing the leak in the sink."
Udella said and sigh.
He nodded, "Pretty much... But, humans will be humans, and humans are not always reasonable when it comes to where to direct their ire and energy..."

"Well that have always been the tragedy of it now have it not, if one can afford to buy quality one often end up spending far less overall since the things simply lasts longer, but if one can not afford quality one end up spending more overall as the cheap things one can afford to buy slowly breaks down."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Indeed I do believe that most items develop a spiritual pressence over time if they are loved and used for long enough."
He smiled, "I am given to understand that the Japanese have a belief that an item well used and cared for awakens naturally when it's a century old... I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but I think there were some suggestions that such old objects would become some sort of monster or demon... the translation was probably ever so slightly off, though."

"Well sometimes a valued novel to give comfort can be more worth for and induvidual than something that have a greater monetary value."
Crexia said and nodded again.
He nodded, "Very true. I was quite fond of that book - a first-edition, recent printing hardcover version of the novel Dune. Not an easy copy to come by."

"Ah so she was with the Nephandi then? I am glad she is not Fallen."
Crexia said as she looked at the gem and then the drawing.
"Beautiful indeed tough Twilight have changed her form."
He nodded, pocketing the stone again, "Yes, she fled to join the Nephandi, and took on the mantle of Handler of a great polyp well before the Nephandi were taken over by the Fallen faction. At that point, they could not compel her into a Caul, nor could they well sever her connection to the ship without risking everyone being eaten by it... the things are incredibly powerful, not just as battlecruisers."

"Having Polyps on on side...hu well they are massivly powerful, that would indeed be a boon."
The old archmage said as she returned to her seat.
"The question then is how to do that and get the Council to agree to it."
He nodded, "Well, it might help to know that they are not inherently corrupted - the polyps are highly Entropic, but not naturally corrupt. Finding the shallows near Horizon where the podlings grow might allow us to learn more, and fathomably befriend some. Finding someone willing to make the sacrifice to be permanently grafted into one, though, and even learning how that would be done, that's going to be the hard part. The Handler can never leave the ship safely, and their control of the ship is greatly diminished outside their chambers... but the Quintessence they can draw on is outright insane - Dalisse shared her mental link to the ship with me, and I could feel the strength of the thing. It was quite literally beyond the scope of anything I've sensed before. Including an Aswadim - though, I suppose it is possible he was holding back to avoid scaring me..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Colin nodded, "We know the Nephandi in Chicago had a substantial supply made in-house..."

"Well there is that but we should not jump to conclusions off course, but I would like to know where the good doctor got the serum from."
Udella said and nodded.

He sighed, "Which means we have to find proof elsewhere... Not impossible, of course, but a lot harder..."

"Well I guess we are going to just have to work harder for it then."
The old Enforcer said and nodded.

He nodded, "Likely so..."

Udella just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Pretty much... But, humans will be humans, and humans are not always reasonable when it comes to where to direct their ire and energy..."

That is very true Mr Wainwright, unfortunatly that is very true."
The old Hermetic said and sigh.

He smiled, "I am given to understand that the Japanese have a belief that an item well used and cared for awakens naturally when it's a century old... I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but I think there were some suggestions that such old objects would become some sort of monster or demon... the translation was probably ever so slightly off, though."

"I have heard something similar Mr Wainwright. All I know for sure is that everything have a spirit, every item, every plant, and with enough care or magick that spirit will awaken, and yes off course how said item is then treated will often determine their nature."
Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded, "Very true. I was quite fond of that book - a first-edition, recent printing hardcover version of the novel Dune. Not an easy copy to come by."

"Dune indeed I have read this book some time ago I remember it being good. I am sure your gift where well recieved Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, pocketing the stone again, "Yes, she fled to join the Nephandi, and took on the mantle of Handler of a great polyp well before the Nephandi were taken over by the Fallen faction. At that point, they could not compel her into a Caul, nor could they well sever her connection to the ship without risking everyone being eaten by it... the things are incredibly powerful, not just as battlecruisers."

"They are indeed magnificent spirits. I am glad Dalisse did not Fall that would have been a tradgedy caused by my Tradition's intolerance over her religious beliefs...she was Bahari where she not? A worshipper of Lillith?"
Crexia asked.

He nodded, "Well, it might help to know that they are not inherently corrupted - the polyps are highly Entropic, but not naturally corrupt. Finding the shallows near Horizon where the podlings grow might allow us to learn more, and fathomably befriend some.

"Hum...bringing this information before the Council might be an idea, news that the great polyps are not born corrupted is something they might find interesting, and befriending a young creature of their kind sounds like a resonable idea."
She said and nodded.

Finding someone willing to make the sacrifice to be permanently grafted into one, though, and even learning how that would be done, that's going to be the hard part. The Handler can never leave the ship safely, and their control of the ship is greatly diminished outside their chambers... but the Quintessence they can draw on is outright insane - Dalisse shared her mental link to the ship with me, and I could feel the strength of the thing. It was quite literally beyond the scope of anything I've sensed before. Including an Aswadim - though, I suppose it is possible he was holding back to avoid scaring me..."

"I am pretty sure the Aswadim did hold back, I have seen the power of one, and that was also probably not even close to the limit of what they can do. I mean having witnessed the power of a woman they say where once a Postulant but who failed the final tests...I can hardly imagine the raw power of an actual Oracle. But yes getting someone to become a Handler might not be easy and we should know how before resorting to experimentation."
The archmage said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]

"Well there is that but we should not jump to conclusions off course, but I would like to know where the good doctor got the serum from."
Udella said and nodded.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I would not go so far as to suggest - out loud - that the good doctor got the serum from the Fallen... but one could certainly speculate on whether or not he and the Fallen got it from the same source."

"Well I guess we are going to just have to work harder for it then."
The old Enforcer said and nodded.
He smiled wryly, "Well, I knew going in that this was going to take a lot of hard work and finesse..."

"I have heard something similar Mr Wainwright. All I know for sure is that everything have a spirit, every item, every plant, and with enough care or magick that spirit will awaken, and yes off course how said item is then treated will often determine their nature."
Crexia said and nodded.
He pondered, "Lady Arden offered me some rejuvenating fertilizer for my rose bush... Seeing as its flowers have been used to offer hope, support and apologies, as well as being cared for as best as I could over the decades, one might wonder what it might blossom into, should it live long enough..."

"Dune indeed I have read this book some time ago I remember it being good. I am sure your gift where well recieved Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "She was quite ecstatic, yes... She identifies quite closely with certain individuals in the book series, which is rather understandable given her circumstances."

"They are indeed magnificent spirits. I am glad Dalisse did not Fall that would have been a tradgedy caused by my Tradition's intolerance over her religious beliefs...she was Bahari where she not? A worshipper of Lillith?"
Crexia asked.
He nodded, "Present case, though - she still worships the Dark Mother. And she does possess an appreciable empathy and compassion for most creatures younger than herself, it seems. With the obvious exception of those Nephandi who decided she looked weak enough to be taken advantage of; those seem to have generally found their... careers cut short. Yes, there were Fallen in Larson's Labyrinth who were that stupid. I guess Larson considered it a pragmatic method of culling the herd..."

"Hum...bringing this information before the Council might be an idea, news that the great polyps are not born corrupted is something they might find interesting, and befriending a young creature of their kind sounds like a resonable idea."
She said and nodded.
He nodded, "And by the description - vague though it was - they spawn not too far from Horizon itself, in the equivalent of shallow pools in the Umbra. Let us just remember that they have approximately animal intelligence and are quite hungry by nature - getting close will be dangerous."

"I am pretty sure the Aswadim did hold back, I have seen the power of one, and that was also probably not even close to the limit of what they can do. I mean having witnessed the power of a woman they say where once a Postulant but who failed the final tests...I can hardly imagine the raw power of an actual Oracle. But yes getting someone to become a Handler might not be easy and we should know how before resorting to experimentation."
The archmage said and frowned.
He nodded, "He said no Oracles, regardless of which side they're on, are allowed to directly act in Reality; at most, it seems, they are permitted to appear to offer advice and guidance, no more... I actually find that quite reassuring; I'd be worried about collateral damage if any such being started throwing their weight around in Reality - especially since doing so would likely open the floodgates for opposing Oracles to do the same."
He smiled thinly, "As for learning how - a good telepath might be able to derive much from my memories. We have a psychiatrist in Boston to whom I will offer access to the specific memories where I was permitted to share Dalisse's connection to the ship; likely, there are details in my mind of how it functioned that I could never identify or analyze on my own."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I would not go so far as to suggest - out loud - that the good doctor got the serum from the Fallen... but one could certainly speculate on whether or not he and the Fallen got it from the same source."

"Indeed and I am concerned as to why this doctor brought the serum to the Traditions it might be just for the fame and recognition but I am getting concerned that there might be a hidden agenda here."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.

He smiled wryly, "Well, I knew going in that this was going to take a lot of hard work and finesse..."

"So it will, hopefully we can get the information we need eventually."
Udella said and smiled a little.

He pondered, "Lady Arden offered me some rejuvenating fertilizer for my rose bush... Seeing as its flowers have been used to offer hope, support and apologies, as well as being cared for as best as I could over the decades, one might wonder what it might blossom into, should it live long enough..."

"I suspect you might end up with a very powerful and beautiful plant spirit eventually that will bring hope and healing to those who see it Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and she smiled a little.

He smiled, "She was quite ecstatic, yes... She identifies quite closely with certain individuals in the book series, which is rather understandable given her circumstances."

"Ah...yes I can see that from the picture you showed me, if I do not remember the book wrong and I never do, there was a certin similarity there yes."
The archmage said and smiled.

He nodded, "Present case, though - she still worships the Dark Mother. And she does possess an appreciable empathy and compassion for most creatures younger than herself, it seems. With the obvious exception of those Nephandi who decided she looked weak enough to be taken advantage of; those seem to have generally found their... careers cut short. Yes, there were Fallen in Larson's Labyrinth who were that stupid. I guess Larson considered it a pragmatic method of culling the herd..."

"I will asume then that the ones who tried to take advantage of the Lady Dalisse ended up being eated by her very large and powerful frined?"
Crexia said sounding amused.
"I guess Larson did not care much about her own men...I assume Larson herself was taken out though when the mages of Boston attacked the Labyrinth?"

He nodded, "And by the description - vague though it was - they spawn not too far from Horizon itself, in the equivalent of shallow pools in the Umbra. Let us just remember that they have approximately animal intelligence and are quite hungry by nature - getting close will be dangerous."

"And I assume that they are still quite large even as...what did you call them? Podlings? Hum did you say there where near Horizon as in the realm or Horizon as in the barriar between the middle and the deep Umbra?"
The old Hermetic asked.

He nodded, "He said no Oracles, regardless of which side they're on, are allowed to directly act in Reality; at most, it seems, they are permitted to appear to offer advice and guidance, no more... I actually find that quite reassuring; I'd be worried about collateral damage if any such being started throwing their weight around in Reality - especially since doing so would likely open the floodgates for opposing Oracles to do the same."

"I believe Mr Wainwright that none of us would surve a war between Oracles taking place in our reality so I do think their rules are quite...a blessing."
Crexia said.
"The one I saw acting where not exactly in this reality...and their power are awe inspiring."

He smiled thinly, "As for learning how - a good telepath might be able to derive much from my memories. We have a psychiatrist in Boston to whom I will offer access to the specific memories where I was permitted to share Dalisse's connection to the ship; likely, there are details in my mind of how it functioned that I could never identify or analyze on my own."

"A good telepath can learn quite allot of things, and if the information are in your mind in some way I am pretty sure it can be read when you find someone you trust enough to let them work on your mind."
Crexia said and nodded and she smiled a little.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 pm

"I would need more details to make a final decision in the matter off course but I overheard the discussion in the Caul chamber where the Quesitor Lady demanded she be handed over and I do assume this have all to do about that and protecting her for Madame Javert and her buddies." Henrietta said and she glanced at Cecilia. "But if I Awaken like I said I will no longer be able to teach her anything."

"That is definitely part of it, yes."

"You can take someone you have claimed as spoils of war as your own apprentice or give or sell them to another. Remember mea filius that while it might be an outdated practice the Order still consider an apprentice the property of their Mentor until such time that the student pass their Gauntlet, and it was not an uncommon practice when a Wizard's War where declared that the winner claimed the looser's apprentice and either kept the student or gave him to one of their allies. Miss Day is a powerful member of the Chantry, most would see you claiming a hedge wizard as your servent and then giving her to Miss Day as her student to be an attemnt to get Miss Day's favor and having a addition to the contract that Miss Sinclair will eturn to be your servant if Miss Day is no longer able to teach her until the point when she can be fully initiated into the Hollow Ones is legally quite acceptable, though we should probably have Master Steelhaven look at the contract just to be sure."

"Ah, that's true. I realise now how contemporary and progressive you really are lately...you never treated me that way. Well, if that wording can work that might be the best route...however, it is up to you how much to discuss with Ms Day about the situation of course sir. Though I think she should know what kind of magick Ms Sinclair practices," he said. Even though she was a reluctant infernalist, she still had investments. Though it would be up to her to tell her about her daughter or not, that might be best kept secret for the time being.

"I...do not know what I seek, it is hard to explain, I begun to learn magic to help my fiance in his work as a healer but when the Technocrazy...killed him...and I went to study with the Hollow Ones I only wanted power...for revenge, for safety, for safety of my friends...and now I...I do not know I want more something with deeper meaning but I am not sure what that meaning is....ah I probably sound pretty kooky." Henrietta said embarashed.

"No, I don't think you do."

"Mr Karyak said that talking with my Avatar would not make it Awaken but I do not know...I want to talk with Mistress Miletti first she is after all working on ensuring that Hermetic hedge wizards that Awaken get to keep what they have learned, which would be practical."
She commented and Jeffry nodded.

"Well it might be you get to keep what you can do Miss Day but it will then be dynamic and not linear magick, Adley where not Awakened when I apprenticed him and he went through the degrees, some of the rituals and spells I taught him before he Awakened he still use but now it is dynamic magick, perhaps the knowledge can stay but the way that knowledge is used changes."

Henrietta nodded at looked at you. "Really?" She asked.

"It is common for the Order to teach hedge magick at first and some of us don't awaken but continue to learn hedge magick. I do still use some of the same techniques, rituals and spells as I did before I awakened but I have a different understanding of them that I had to draw from and as I progress, I keep revisiting what I learned before and deepening my understanding. I have transitioned to new tools and discarded one that I don't feel fits me anymore. Awakening changed my views but it did not erase my knowledge. It did show me that what I thought I knew was incomplete, sometimes obsolete, but I had to learn it first to continue on my path. It's a process and learning is part of the process not the end of it."

"Good good." Jeffry said and stood. "Well then our next order of bussiness mea filius are dinner."

"That sounds good to me," he said with a nod. "Are you okay?" he asked, as he waited for him to cross the small office to the door.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'Be my guest then.' Nicole replied, squatting down on the floor to get to the legs, using her Leatherman if necessary. 'If someone could keep an eye on the front to see if the drop-off arrives, good that would be. And to warn if we get any other visitors. We'll be fucked if a team of Mirrorshades roll up.' glancing over to her rifle, assuring herself that it was close at hand.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:54 pm

[Adley] (At Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"That is definitely part of it, yes."

"So ehm what more do I need to know Mr Roth Hicks?"
Henrietta asked and she gave you a bit of a look.

"Ah, that's true. I realise now how contemporary and progressive you really are lately...you never treated me that way.

"Most Hermetics do not treat our students as property, and it was not common to do so back in the day either, but on paper an apprentice is considered property and part of the Mentor's magickal abilities, most treat their students as their magickal children though, despite what we legally could do...other than House Tyralus that is they are often quite brutal to their students."
Jeffry said and frowned.

Well, if that wording can work that might be the best route...however, it is up to you how much to discuss with Ms Day about the situation of course sir. Though I think she should know what kind of magick Ms Sinclair practices," he said. Even though she was a reluctant infernalist, she still had investments. Though it would be up to her to tell her about her daughter or not, that might be best kept secret for the time being.

"I do believe that wording can work and remember I just need some legal excuse to keep that...Enforcer at bay."
Jeffry said darkly not wanting to give D'Angelo the honored title of Quesitor.
"I believe Miss Day should be told the whole story other than the parts that are Miss Sinclairs to tell alone."
He said and Cecilia looked at you.
"I used to study a system with something called paths it is one system of hedge magic I am told. I used to be pretty ok with the path that have to do with healing, one that have to do with summoning and binding spirits and one to do with manipulating fire. After I joined the Labyrinth I was trained in ritual magick to be able to assist my masters in their workings."
She informed you.
"Did you also want to know what my investments do Sir?"

"No, I don't think you do."

Henrietta gave you a slight smile at that.

"It is common for the Order to teach hedge magick at first and some of us don't awaken but continue to learn hedge magick. I do still use some of the same techniques, rituals and spells as I did before I awakened but I have a different understanding of them that I had to draw from and as I progress, I keep revisiting what I learned before and deepening my understanding. I have transitioned to new tools and discarded one that I don't feel fits me anymore. Awakening changed my views but it did not erase my knowledge. It did show me that what I thought I knew was incomplete, sometimes obsolete, but I had to learn it first to continue on my path. It's a process and learning is part of the process not the end of it."

The hedge wizard Hollow One looked at you as you spoke then she nodded.
"I see, so you think I might still be able to shape shift once I Awaken?"
She asked.
"I will look at it differently but I will still be able to do it?"
Then she gave an embarashd smile.
"Is it common to...be afraid? I mean of Awakening of having that pressence with me all the time. I have started to feel him there in the corner of my mind...my Avatar, still sleeping but there...is it common to be nervous about it?"

"That sounds good to me," he said with a nod. "Are you okay?" he asked, as he waited for him to cross the small office to the door.

Jeffy looked at you as he walked up beside of you.
"I...am tired and I am beginning to make mistakes, like with your brother's blood in the Labyrinth, the vials that have his birthname on them, that could have been fatal for him...but yes I am okey."
He said and sigh.
"How are you mea filius?"
He asked as he opened the door to your office, you saw one of Tane's friends stand there, a handsome Italian woman with long, curly dark hair with dyed in stripes and a now rather dirty but quite expensivve looking ladies suit.
"Excuse me...but are you Adley Roth Hicks?"
The woman asked.
"The description I got of him to fit you, if you are may I have a moment of your time?"

[Nicole] (Old auto shop at 4 30 in the afternoon.)

'Be my guest then.' Nicole replied, squatting down on the floor to get to the legs, using her Leatherman if necessary. 'If someone could keep an eye on the front to see if the drop-off arrives, good that would be. And to warn if we get any other visitors. We'll be fucked if a team of Mirrorshades roll up.' glancing over to her rifle, assuring herself that it was close at hand.

Thorn nodded he brought out his dagger and pricked his finger and then drew several symbols onto the car before wiping them off.
"That should do it."
The Verbena muttered.
"I can keep watch Miss...but do you really think the Technocrazy would come here?"
Violet said a little nervously. Your rifle where close at hand where it should be.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:16 pm

"Most Hermetics do not treat our students as property, and it was not common to do so back in the day either, but on paper an apprentice is considered property and part of the Mentor's magickal abilities, most treat their students as their magickal children though, despite what we legally could do...other than House Tyralus that is they are often quite brutal to their students." Jeffry said and frowned.

"Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to be in another House. Not that I'm grateful and glad to be your apprentice. Just curious."

"I do believe that wording can work and remember I just need some legal excuse to keep that...Enforcer at bay." Jeffry said darkly not wanting to give D'Angelo the honored title of Quesitor. "I believe Miss Day should be told the whole story other than the parts that are Miss Sinclairs to tell alone." He said and Cecilia looked at you.
"I used to study a system with something called paths it is one system of hedge magic I am told. I used to be pretty ok with the path that have to do with healing, one that have to do with summoning and binding spirits and one to do with manipulating fire. After I joined the Labyrinth I was trained in ritual magick to be able to assist my masters in their workings." She informed you. "Did you also want to know what my investments do Sir?"

"Well, sir I think it might be best if Ms Day heard some of those particulars from you if that is the case." Since hearing it from him might also mean anyone outside would hear him, as well. "Yes, if she is going to be your mentor she should know, but the...original one, perhaps that might be told later...?" he perked an eyebrow at his mentor. He was the only one to know about the whereabouts of the daughter and they wanted to keep her safe.

"I see, so you think I might still be able to shape shift once I Awaken?" She asked. "I will look at it differently but I will still be able to do it?" Then she gave an embarashd smile. "Is it common to...be afraid? I mean of Awakening of having that pressence with me all the time. I have started to feel him there in the corner of my mind...my Avatar, still sleeping but there...is it common to be nervous about it?"

"Or, you will find a new way to do it, in some time. I think it is normal to be nervous about something like that, anticipation...but if you are afraid of losing power that could be holding you back. There was a philosopher called Erich Fromm who wrote a piece called Mechanisms of Escape from Freedom in the 40s. One of his more salient points was that the 'lust for power is not rooted in strength, but in weakness.' This is a difficult shadow for us to understand, that the desire for power is an illusion that separates us from our true capability for the root of it is superficial and brittle. It is a contradiction that we encounter within hermetic teaching." He scratched at his beard and pulled out his writing board a moment, looking faintly embarrassed for some reason. 'Forgive me if this brings up a tough memory but it is the closest analogy I know of and it's a bit private. Were you nervous about your wedding day? Or, your wedding night? Or your fist time...it's like that for some of us, when we know it's possible, when it's not sudden and spontaneous and you hope for it and you are concerned it won't or will happen. Excited. Nervous. Worried. Elated. It only happens once, like your first time, but then it continues happening.' "We can talk more later, if you wish, Miss," he added after showing her what he had written.

Jeffy looked at you as he walked up beside of you. "I...am tired and I am beginning to make mistakes, like with your brother's blood in the Labyrinth, the vials that have his birthname on them, that could have been fatal for him...but yes I am okey." He said and sigh. "How are you mea filius?"

"That was close. I know what you mean, I feel like no matter how hard I try there are mistakes, some which I don't even know if they /are/ mistakes...and I'm getting to that point of tunnel vision where I can only see what's in front of me. I hope you get some rest, also...well, let's get something to eat that will be good."

he opened the door to your office, you saw one of Tane's friends stand there, a handsome Italian woman with long, curly dark hair with dyed in stripes and a now rather dirty but quite expensivve looking ladies suit. "Excuse me...but are you Adley Roth Hicks?" The woman asked. "The description I got of him to fit you, if you are may I have a moment of your time?"

He raised an eyebrow at them. "Yes, I am. What may I do for you, ma'am? You are one of Mr Karyak's associations, are you not?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pm

"There are support groups for those who have sufferent torture...just because it is hard for anyone else to really understand."
You heard your Mentor say from her bed.
"If your new friend over where want to kid I can arrange for him to meet with one...and everything always changes, that is the way of life, but he can have good family relations again, I can help him."
She muttered weakly. Paul looked from you to the wounded woman in the bed and he looked confused.
"Who is she?"
He asked.

"That's my mentor, therapist, and probably savior on multiple occasions." Serge said with a wide grin glancing over at Ange while still talking to Paul. "The one who introduced me to all of this and helped me get over my issues. She happens to be quite the esteemed psychiatrist. Talking to her will definitely help ease some of your tension and anxiety. If your up for it that is..."

"It is my job."
The German said gruffly and shrugged.
"I am going to see if there is any food downstairs, do any of you lot want anything?"
He grumbeled.

"Nah I'm good." Serge said simply wondering where the Germans bad mood was coming from.

"Yeah...a little I mean it hurts allot less...everywhere. I am still pretty tired though."
Paul muttered a bit nervously.

"Do you think you could get some rest now? It'll help you heal. I'll understand if your still too nervous to fall asleep though." Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Anja's Post:

'Dunno... could do. Know they were gunning for the Fallen too, so it would make fucking sense if they rolled up outside to do what we did an hour or so back.' Nicole replied, removing the legs. 'If it does happen... pull back at once. Grab Mr Shade, drive off. Leaving me behind if you have to.'. straightening up and chucking her car keys to Violet.

[Gotta be finished removing the table-legs by now...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm

[Nicole] (At the old auto shop 4 30 in the afternoon.)

'Dunno... could do. Know they were gunning for the Fallen too, so it would make fucking sense if they rolled up outside to do what we did an hour or so back.' Nicole replied, removing the legs. 'If it does happen... pull back at once. Grab Mr Shade, drive off. Leaving me behind if you have to.'. straightening up and chucking her car keys to Violet.

"That do make allot of sense."
Violet said as you removed the legs of the work bench, the legs where made to be removed so it was not hard and did not take long, just remove one screw and you could fold them up along the side of the table. Violet protested at the rest of what you where saying.
"I...could not...do that I can fight I...can..."
Thorn shook his head.
"Right now getting hm...Mr Shade away so he can become a potential ally in the future is important and me and Miss Bouchard stand a better chance if we do not also have to protect the two of you."
He said plainly. Violet looked from you to Thorn clearly not likly what she was told.

(OOC: Taking the legs of and foldin.g them up probably took two minutes if that.)

"Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to be in another House. Not that I'm grateful and glad to be your apprentice. Just curious."

"I think you could have done well in one of the more scolarly houses mea filius, perhaps also among the Tytalus if you had an understanding teacher, but you are stubborn so I think a teacher that treated you poorly would just have gotten resistence in return."
Jeffry said sounding a bit amused.

"Well, sir I think it might be best if Ms Day heard some of those particulars from you if that is the case." Since hearing it from him might also mean anyone outside would hear him, as well. "Yes, if she is going to be your mentor she should know, but the...original one, perhaps that might be told later...?" he perked an eyebrow at his mentor. He was the only one to know about the whereabouts of the daughter and they wanted to keep her safe.

"I agree, Miss Sinclair if you can tell Miss Day about your powers and Investments, and the details to your case, but if you do not feel comfortable you can leave the original one for until I have arranged what I have promised to you."
He said and Cecilia nodded.
"What if you tell me over some food in my room and then you can get some rest?"
Henrietta said and the other hedge wizard nodded hesitently.

"Or, you will find a new way to do it, in some time. I think it is normal to be nervous about something like that, anticipation...but if you are afraid of losing power that could be holding you back. There was a philosopher called Erich Fromm who wrote a piece called Mechanisms of Escape from Freedom in the 40s. One of his more salient points was that the 'lust for power is not rooted in strength, but in weakness.' This is a difficult shadow for us to understand, that the desire for power is an illusion that separates us from our true capability for the root of it is superficial and brittle. It is a contradiction that we encounter within hermetic teaching."

Henrietta considered your words for a moment then she nodded.
"There is allot of turth in what you speak Mr Roth Hicks. I mean perhaps at the end of the day that is what part of me have realized, I have made myself powerful to...hide. I remember what it felt like to find my lover dead, killed by the Technocrazy and I never wanted to feel helpless like that again, and so I studied my magic so I would be ready for them next time, so I never would have to feel afraid and lost again...and yet at the end of the day instead of dealing with that fear I have hid...behind the power I have gathered for myself."
She muttered softly.

He scratched at his beard and pulled out his writing board a moment, looking faintly embarrassed for some reason. 'Forgive me if this brings up a tough memory but it is the closest analogy I know of and it's a bit private. Were you nervous about your wedding day? Or, your wedding night? Or your fist time...it's like that for some of us, when we know it's possible, when it's not sudden and spontaneous and you hope for it and you are concerned it won't or will happen. Excited. Nervous. Worried. Elated. It only happens once, like your first time, but then it continues happening.' "We can talk more later, if you wish, Miss," he added after showing her what he had written.

Henrietta read what you had written and she blushd a little but then she nodded.
"Yes...in many ways I feel like that abut the prospect of Awakening."
She muttered then she nodded.
"I...would like to discuss it further Mr Roth Hicks when there is time."

"That was close. I know what you mean, I feel like no matter how hard I try there are mistakes, some which I don't even know if they /are/ mistakes...and I'm getting to that point of tunnel vision where I can only see what's in front of me. I hope you get some rest, also...well, let's get something to eat that will be good."

"I am planning on resting in the time bubble as well so I am more at the top of my game for the prisoner transport, but yes all I can do is focus on the task in front of me and hope I do not...mess it up like I allmost did with your brother's blood."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Yes some food will be a boon right now mea filius, we are human after all there is only so long we can function without nourishment or rest."

He raised an eyebrow at them. "Yes, I am. What may I do for you, ma'am? You are one of Mr Karyak's associations, are you not?"

"That I am Sir, my name is Alessa Biancardi, I have been told that in the nest of corrupted mages, you where the one to land the final blow to a woman that could change into a swarm of spiders, is this correct Mr Roth Hicks?"
The woman asked as she regarded you with her dark eyes, she was pretty bun her nose was to large and curved to be truly beautiful, she had an air about her though of someone who was used to getting what she wanted.

[Serge] (At Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"That's my mentor, therapist, and probably savior on multiple occasions." Serge said with a wide grin glancing over at Ange while still talking to Paul. "The one who introduced me to all of this and helped me get over my issues. She happens to be quite the esteemed psychiatrist. Talking to her will definitely help ease some of your tension and anxiety. If your up for it that is..."

"I...ehm hello Ma'am..."
Paul said and your Mentor smiled a little.
"Just call me Ange, and you do not not need to decide right now if you want to talk about what happened or anything else, right now all you need to focus on is your self, and what you need to feel if possible just a little bit better."
She said kindly and Paul smiled a little asked asked you.
"What heppened to her? Are she ill?"

"Nah I'm good." Serge said simply wondering where the Germans bad mood was coming from.

"Suit yourself."
The German grumbeled.
"I would not mind a bit to eat Mr Rush and I am sure several of the healers and patients might want something as well."
She added and the German sigh.
"Yeah...I will have some sent up Miss White."
He said gruffly before marching towards the stairs.
"Thank you Mr Rush."
Allison called after him but the German did not reply.

"Do you think you could get some rest now? It'll help you heal. I'll understand if your still too nervous to fall asleep though." Serge asked.

"I...ehm...if you are sure no one will hurt me...and that man will not come for me and someone is checking on my turtles."
He said and Allison nodded.
"I will send someone for the reptiles right away Mr Fletcher."
She assured him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:13 pm

"I think you could have done well in one of the more scolarly houses mea filius, perhaps also among the Tytalus if you had an understanding teacher, but you are stubborn so I think a teacher that treated you poorly would just have gotten resistence in return." Jeffry said sounding a bit amused.

"Probably," he said, while giving him a 'who me' sort of look at being called stubborn. "If I wasn't this stubborn I think I would be...well, dead by now."

"I agree, Miss Sinclair if you can tell Miss Day about your powers and Investments, and the details to your case, but if you do not feel comfortable you can leave the original one for until I have arranged what I have promised to you." He said and Cecilia nodded. "What if you tell me over some food in my room and then you can get some rest?" Henrietta said and the other hedge wizard nodded hesitently.

"That sounds like a good place to start." At least better than where they /had/ started...

"There is allot of turth in what you speak Mr Roth Hicks. I mean perhaps at the end of the day that is what part of me have realized, I have made myself powerful to...hide. I remember what it felt like to find my lover dead, killed by the Technocrazy and I never wanted to feel helpless like that again, and so I studied my magic so I would be ready for them next time, so I never would have to feel afraid and lost again...and yet at the end of the day instead of dealing with that fear I have hid...behind the power I have gathered for myself."

"That's very understandable..."

Henrietta read what you had written and she blushd a little but then she nodded. "Yes...in many ways I feel like that abut the prospect of Awakening."
She muttered then she nodded. "I...would like to discuss it further Mr Roth Hicks when there is time."

He gave her a nod and then cleared off the board. "Good, you know where you can find me..."

"I am planning on resting in the time bubble as well so I am more at the top of my game for the prisoner transport, but yes all I can do is focus on the task in front of me and hope I do not...mess it up like I allmost did with your brother's blood." Jeffry said then he nodded. "Yes some food will be a boon right now mea filius, we are human after all there is only so long we can function without nourishment or rest."

He looked at him. "I know how upset you are about how close that was...but we prevented it, we managed to not get anyone to have to drink any tainted blood either. And when we get him off that terrible stuff, then we'll be on a better track..."

"That I am Sir, my name is Alessa Biancardi, I have been told that in the nest of corrupted mages, you where the one to land the final blow to a woman that could change into a swarm of spiders, is this correct Mr Roth Hicks?" The woman asked as she regarded you with her dark eyes...

"Well, I consider it a group effort. I had help," he said. "We all worked together," he said. He was so tired, that honestly at first it took him a moment to think of the end of that foe. And he had not thought of it that way. A final blow to him, while meaning the adversary was finished, was only possible with the effort of the group including his spider friends. "I am curious how you learned of such..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:16 am

Anja's Post:

'Which is why you're gonna pull back.' Nicole replied, shooting Violet a no-nonsense stare. A clang as the last leg came off, then stood up again. 'Been around enough to know when to fight and when to run... and a Union squad at the door is not the time for fucking heroics. Case like that, best move is to scatter. Easier to lose one tail than four, no?' slipping the bolts into a pocket.

Anja's Post:

'Look... by getting Mr Shade out of here is the best way you help so we don't have to worry about him.' she continued, gathering up the legs to put them in the car. 'Oh, it's the cop Victoria outside.'

[Leadership/Persuasion roll?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Indeed and I am concerned as to why this doctor brought the serum to the Traditions it might be just for the fame and recognition but I am getting concerned that there might be a hidden agenda here."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "The most immediately unsettling scenario that comes to mind is that the bloody Computer is corrupted in some manner, and is manipulating all three factions... It would certainly have the raw power to do so..."

"I suspect you might end up with a very powerful and beautiful plant spirit eventually that will bring hope and healing to those who see it Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and she smiled a little.
He nodded, "Considering the rose bush I received the cutting from was a cultivar named in memory of the owner's late wife, the original Helen Cushing Rose, hope and healing would certainly be appropriate aspect. Reminiscence, too, perhaps..."

"Ah...yes I can see that from the picture you showed me, if I do not remember the book wrong and I never do, there was a certin similarity there yes."
The archmage said and smiled.
He nodded, smiling softly, "Indeed; the association is so strong that one could, if one so desired, use it to find her in the Deeps... If I were to trust anyone else with that little bit of information, well, I think you would be a safe candidate to seek her out to negotiate peacefully."

"I will asume then that the ones who tried to take advantage of the Lady Dalisse ended up being eated by her very large and powerful frined?"
Crexia said sounding amused.
"I guess Larson did not care much about her own men...I assume Larson herself was taken out though when the mages of Boston attacked the Labyrinth?"
He nodded and grimaced, "Quite precisely... I was mentally linked to it as it ate one Fallen; I don't think I'll be able to get the taste completely out of my mouth..."
He shook his head, "And yes, Larson herself was hoist by her own petard - her in-house doctor had developed a gas that causes temporary Avatar separation... and she is allergic to the antidote, so when a dose of the gas was released in her presence... the battle was essentially over."

"And I assume that they are still quite large even as...what did you call them? Podlings? Hum did you say there where near Horizon as in the realm or Horizon as in the barriar between the middle and the deep Umbra?"
The old Hermetic asked.
He frowned, "Ah... I did not know there was a distinction, I did not ask... I only started seeing spirits today; I've had no prior education covering the Umbra."

"I believe Mr Wainwright that none of us would surve a war between Oracles taking place in our reality so I do think their rules are quite...a blessing."
Crexia said.
"The one I saw acting where not exactly in this reality...and their power are awe inspiring."
He nodded, "I am inclined to think you are quite correct in that assessment. Heh, and to think, Chief Morgan asked me not to speak with more Dark Gods... I didn't have the heart to tell him his apprentice and I will cross paths with the same Aswadim again... Not for seeking him out, mind."

"A good telepath can learn quite allot of things, and if the information are in your mind in some way I am pretty sure it can be read when you find someone you trust enough to let them work on your mind."
Crexia said and nodded and she smiled a little.
He nodded, "I believe Dr. Bouchard to be quite trustworthy in only rifling through the specific memories offered up; the Cultists have very strict rules about consent, after all... and besides, she's the one who will be helping Anna professionally, too."

((OOC: So, schnookums and I were off to see the new Jurassic World movie today. Was entertaining. There is a post-credits scene, but it does not add any particular value to the movie, so if you have to pee before the credits, it's not worth the discomfort like it would be after a Marvel movie. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 am

Colin nodded, "The most immediately unsettling scenario that comes to mind is that the bloody Computer is corrupted in some manner, and is manipulating all three factions... It would certainly have the raw power to do so..."

"Well that is certinly an unplesant prospect Mr Wainwright but unfortunatly it is one we have to consider might be a possibility."
Udella said and frowned.
"I guess we are going to have to try to figure out more about this."

He nodded, "Considering the rose bush I received the cutting from was a cultivar named in memory of the owner's late wife, the original Helen Cushing Rose, hope and healing would certainly be appropriate aspect. Reminiscence, too, perhaps..."

Crexia nodded at this.
"The spirit might also potentially take on the form of the woman the rose is named after, though it would not be this wiman's spirit it might carry a resembelence to her."

He nodded, smiling softly, "Indeed; the association is so strong that one could, if one so desired, use it to find her in the Deeps... If I were to trust anyone else with that little bit of information, well, I think you would be a safe candidate to seek her out to negotiate peacefully."

"Well I certinly would not want to harm the woman if there should be a need to seek her out I have no ill will against her."
Crexia said.
"But yes a belowed book can become something one associate with enough to become a connection and guide in the Umbra."

He nodded and grimaced, "Quite precisely... I was mentally linked to it as it ate one Fallen; I don't think I'll be able to get the taste completely out of my mouth..."
He shook his head, "And yes, Larson herself was hoist by her own petard - her in-house doctor had developed a gas that causes temporary Avatar separation... and she is allergic to the antidote, so when a dose of the gas was released in her presence... the battle was essentially over."

"That must have been quite unplesant but yes I guess the ship would get pekish at times and if one of the Nephandi had hurt his friend...well."
The old archmage said said wryly.
"Ah well there are some irony in that a powerful old Nephanda brought low by her own schemes."

He frowned, "Ah... I did not know there was a distinction, I did not ask... I only started seeing spirits today; I've had no prior education covering the Umbra."

"I will assume Lady Dalisse meant the barriar between the Middle Umbra and the Deep since I think we would have noticed these creatures if the congregated around Horizon Chantry."

He nodded, "I am inclined to think you are quite correct in that assessment. Heh, and to think, Chief Morgan asked me not to speak with more Dark Gods... I didn't have the heart to tell him his apprentice and I will cross paths with the same Aswadim again... Not for seeking him out, mind."

"I do fear that bit of news would worry your Chief quite a bit Mr Wainwright through I would also have to urge you to be careful, this man is not to be trusted he is Fallen after all and an Oracle at that."
Crexxia warned.

He nodded, "I believe Dr. Bouchard to be quite trustworthy in only rifling through the specific memories offered up; the Cultists have very strict rules about consent, after all... and besides, she's the one who will be helping Anna professionally, too."

Crexia just nodded at that.
"It seams you have considered this carefully I hope something useful comes of it."

"Probably," he said, while giving him a 'who me' sort of look at being called stubborn. "If I wasn't this stubborn I think I would be...well, dead by now."

"Being stubborn is a fine quality mea filius, in some it can be a hinderance since they are stubborn in closing their own minds of from learning but for you it have instead manifested as a steadhaftiness, an tendency not to give up and that is a good quality in a member of our House."
Jeffry said fondly.

"That sounds like a good place to start." At least better than where they /had/ started...

Henrietta nodded.
"I am sure we will figure things out Mr Roth Hicks and things will feel better after some food."

"That's very understandable..."

"Understandable but perhaps limiting."
The Hollower said and looked at you.

He gave her a nod and then cleared off the board. "Good, you know where you can find me..."

"I will see you later then Mr Roth Hicks."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"Thank you."

He looked at him. "I know how upset you are about how close that was...but we prevented it, we managed to not get anyone to have to drink any tainted blood either. And when we get him off that terrible stuff, then we'll be on a better track..."

"Yes we avoided the worst and no we do not need to give Kyle any more doses of the serum, he needed to be kept under control for as long as we where in conflict with the Labyrinth he ad been threathened by but now that it is over we can give him more freedom. I will not allow him to leave the Chantry without an eschort but a room have been prepared for him and he can use his magick as he wish. In fact I was thinking of getting him now to get some food for while he needs rest I do not want him in the basement when we start moving the prisoners."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"Well, I consider it a group effort. I had help," he said. "We all worked together," he said. He was so tired, that honestly at first it took him a moment to think of the end of that foe. And he had not thought of it that way. A final blow to him, while meaning the adversary was finished, was only possible with the effort of the group including his spider friends. "I am curious how you learned of such..."

"I asked around finding out information is what I do."
Alessa said simply to answer your question.
"I see, a group effort but you delivered the final blow, what can I offer you then to show my gratitude?"
The woman asked.
"Ah let me explain, that woman where my sack sister Agatha, I came to Boston looking for her as she had betrayed our Queen and let herself be corrupted,she had to be destroyed."
Alessa said with an unredable expression on her face.
"So I owe you my gratitude."

[Nicole] (At the old auto shop 4 30 in the afternoon.)

'Which is why you're gonna pull back.' Nicole replied, shooting Violet a no-nonsense stare. A clang as the last leg came off, then stood up again. 'Been around enough to know when to fight and when to run... and a Union squad at the door is not the time for fucking heroics. Case like that, best move is to scatter. Easier to lose one tail than four, no?' slipping the bolts into a pocket.

"I guess you are right about that Ma'am, I just do not want anyone else to die."
Violet said and looked down.
"I will do as you command but I do not want to leave you or Thorn, what if the Technocrats kill you!"
She muttered sadly.

'Look... by getting Mr Shade out of here is the best way you help so we don't have to worry about him.' she continued, gathering up the legs to put them in the car. 'Oh, it's the cop Victoria outside.'

"Ies guess that makes sense Ma'am, but would you and Thorn be able to get out safely?"
Thorn nodded at that.
"It would not be my first dance with the Union and I have survived thus far girl."
Thorn said and Violet nodded then she gave you a confused look.
"Cop Victoria Miss?"
She asked.

(OOC: I am looking forward to seeing that movie Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:03 am

"I...ehm hello Ma'am..."
Paul said and your Mentor smiled a little.
"Just call me Ange, and you do not not need to decide right now if you want to talk about what happened or anything else, right now all you need to focus on is your self, and what you need to feel if possible just a little bit better."
She said kindly and Paul smiled a little asked asked you.
"What heppened to her? Are she ill?"

"Half her bones were broken while taking down the mad scientist guy who injured you and most of the people in here." Serge said grimly, looking down to the ground with a sad look on his face. He clearly did not enjoy remembering that his mentor was in so much pain.

"In fact it was thanks to her heroism that we managed to get him at all. And it was only through luck that she survived...I can only dream of being that brave..."

"Suit yourself."
The German grumbeled.
"I would not mind a bit to eat Mr Rush and I am sure several of the healers and patients might want something as well."
She added and the German sigh.
"Yeah...I will have some sent up Miss White."
He said gruffly before marching towards the stairs.
"Thank you Mr Rush."
Allison called after him but the German did not reply.

When the German man was out of earshot, Serge turned to Allison and asked, "I'm still new here so sorry for prying. Is he always like that or is something bothering him?"

"I...ehm...if you are sure no one will hurt me...and that man will not come for me and someone is checking on my turtles."
He said and Allison nodded.
"I will send someone for the reptiles right away Mr Fletcher."
She assured him.

"And with the amount of magickal people and shields protecting us right now, no one will harm you. You can rest easy." Serge said adding more reassurance to his concerns.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next