Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 4 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"Half her bones were broken while taking down the mad scientist guy who injured you and most of the people in here." Serge said grimly, looking down to the ground with a sad look on his face. He clearly did not enjoy remembering that his mentor was in so much pain.

"In fact it was thanks to her heroism that we managed to get him at all. And it was only through luck that she survived...I can only dream of being that brave..."

"She did, she is quite impressive then I have to thank her."
Paul said and he smiled to Ange.
"Thank you Ma'am."
He said and she smiled.
"Do not menton it."
She said and Paul whispered to you.
"She is going to be ok though is she not?"

When the German man was out of earshot, Serge turned to Allison and asked, "I'm still new here so sorry for prying. Is he always like that or is something bothering him?"

Allison smiled a little.
"Oh Mr Rush is pretty much always like that Mr Yager, do not let it bother you."
She said sounding amused.

"And with the amount of magickal people and shields protecting us right now, no one will harm you. You can rest easy." Serge said adding more reassurance to his concerns.

"Ok...ok I guess I will...rest then I am tired."
Paul said he sounded rather nervous though.
"I am afraid of the nightmares though."
He muttered softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 4 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am

Anja's Post:

'They might kill you, or Alias here.' Nicole retorted, opening the trunk door of the car. 'Remember; they'd come here as a strike team expecting all the shit we dealt with earlier. And they love overkill. They'd cut through us within seconds. Only way we'd stand a chance would be to split up and run for it.' dumping the legs in the car and moving back to get the rest of the table.

Anja's Post:

'My car is the Ford Crown Victoria outside. Currently sporting a nasty number which makes it look like it's a cop car.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am

Henrietta nodded. "I am sure we will figure things out Mr Roth Hicks and things will feel better after some food."

"Keep me posted. Time is short and we may have to work up something together, okay? Do you have my number?"

"Understandable but perhaps limiting." The Hollower said and looked at you.

"A way to look at it...it served it's purpose at the time, but that time is passing."

"Yes we avoided the worst and no we do not need to give Kyle any more doses of the serum, he needed to be kept under control for as long as we where in conflict with the Labyrinth he ad been threathened by but now that it is over we can give him more freedom. I will not allow him to leave the Chantry without an eschort but a room have been prepared for him and he can use his magick as he wish. In fact I was thinking of getting him now to get some food for while he needs rest I do not want him in the basement when we start moving the prisoners."

"No offense to him of course, but drinking blood..." He made a face then listened as his pater explained Kyle's new outlook. "That's good, he's been through a lot he probably wants a good night's sleep."

"I see, a group effort but you delivered the final blow, what can I offer you then to show my gratitude?" The woman asked. "Ah let me explain, that woman where my sack sister Agatha, I came to Boston looking for her as she had betrayed our Queen and let herself be corrupted,she had to be destroyed." Alessa said with an unredable expression on her face. "So I owe you my gratitude."

He made a face, trying to think back to the fight. Spiders in the vents. In his trousers. And it was all sorts of unpleasant and there was worry over the gas and deadly bugs. His spider spirit allies were upkeeping their protective barrier. That had been such a chaotic battle...then someone had tried to assassinate his mentor, Nicole shot her, he shot her. He realised, stupidly and in retrospect that the woman they'd shot /was/ all the spiders that had been in the room just previously. He hadn't even connected the two until then. Next he knew he felt someone rummaging around in his life patterns and the battle continued. He shook his head to the woman in front of him. "Pardon I correct myself, it wasn't me that finished her off, it was another now that I'm thinking about it, everything happened fast. It was one of my allies, we both shot her, but she finished her off. So I suppose you will owe her one, whenever she returns...which is hopefully soon."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:44 am

[Nicole] (At the old auto shop 4 30 in the afternoon.)

'They might kill you, or Alias here.' Nicole retorted, opening the trunk door of the car. 'Remember; they'd come here as a strike team expecting all the shit we dealt with earlier. And they love overkill. They'd cut through us within seconds. Only way we'd stand a chance would be to split up and run for it.' dumping the legs in the car and moving back to get the rest of the table.

Violet nodded sadly.
"I...I am ehm...I will run if they come, I guess they will have no problem with killing me or you or anyone else they see as Deviants, but I do not like the idea of leaving my friends behind but I will run if you tell me to run."
She agreed reluctently.

'My car is the Ford Crown Victoria outside. Currently sporting a nasty number which makes it look like it's a cop car.'

"Ahh off course sorry I am not really good with car makes and brands. Got it."
Violet said blushing over her mistake.
"Well then I will go and keep watch now."
She said before heading to the front of the building to keep watch.

[Adley] (At Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"Keep me posted. Time is short and we may have to work up something together, okay? Do you have my number?"

"I do have your numbers Mr Roth Hicks."
Henrietta said then she nodded.
"I will make sure we do not use to long with the explinations."
The hedge wizard assured you.

"A way to look at it...it served it's purpose at the time, but that time is passing."

"You may be right about that there was a time forthat thinking but now...well perhaps it is time to move on and become...more."
Henrietta said and she smiled slightly.

"No offense to him of course, but drinking blood..." He made a face then listened as his pater explained Kyle's new outlook. "That's good, he's been through a lot he probably wants a good night's sleep."

"Well it is certinly not a plesant prospect, but allot of magick is based around blood including consuming it."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Yes I do not want the boy to sleep all day so he do not get any sleep tonight but he have been though allot and he is understandably scared about being in our custody."

He made a face, trying to think back to the fight. Spiders in the vents. In his trousers. And it was all sorts of unpleasant and there was worry over the gas and deadly bugs. His spider spirit allies were upkeeping their protective barrier. That had been such a chaotic battle...then someone had tried to assassinate his mentor, Nicole shot her, he shot her. He realised, stupidly and in retrospect that the woman they'd shot /was/ all the spiders that had been in the room just previously. He hadn't even connected the two until then. Next he knew he felt someone rummaging around in his life patterns and the battle continued. He shook his head to the woman in front of him. "Pardon I correct myself, it wasn't me that finished her off, it was another now that I'm thinking about it, everything happened fast. It was one of my allies, we both shot her, but she finished her off. So I suppose you will owe her one, whenever she returns...which is hopefully soon."

"It seams I owe you both then. I was told a Miss Bouchard, a mechanic had been part of taking Agatha down so I have preparred a gift for her but it seams I have to thank her personally as well."
The werspider said then she handed you a bussiness card with her name on it, the car looked rather expensive.
"When you have decided what I can do to thank you, please give me a call Mr Roth Hicks. I have been looking for my sister for so long so again thank you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Well that is certinly an unplesant prospect Mr Wainwright but unfortunatly it is one we have to consider might be a possibility."
Udella said and frowned.
"I guess we are going to have to try to figure out more about this."
Colin nodded, "I should like to say I'm putting together a team, but that would be an exaggeration. However, I do intend to ask an audience with Master Dante to discuss the subject - I believe there are few Traditionalists more eminently suited to provide insights or possibly even lead an assault on the damned thing."

Crexia nodded at this.
"The spirit might also potentially take on the form of the woman the rose is named after, though it would not be this wiman's spirit it might carry a resembelence to her."
He nodded, then pondered, "Perhaps just as likely, it might look like the child the Cushings never had..."

"That must have been quite unplesant but yes I guess the ship would get pekish at times and if one of the Nephandi had hurt his friend...well."
The old archmage said said wryly.
"Ah well there are some irony in that a powerful old Nephanda brought low by her own schemes."
He nodded, "More that I convinced Dalisse to aid our strike teams a little more directly against the Fallen defenders..."

"I will assume Lady Dalisse meant the barriar between the Middle Umbra and the Deep since I think we would have noticed these creatures if the congregated around Horizon Chantry."
He nodded, "That does seem more plausible, yes."

"I do fear that bit of news would worry your Chief quite a bit Mr Wainwright through I would also have to urge you to be careful, this man is not to be trusted he is Fallen after all and an Oracle at that."
Crexxia warned.
He nodded, "I have reason to trust this Aswadim a little further than I can throw Manhattan - he does owe me a favour after the battle. All the same, yes, I intend to be careful and I have no plans to seek him out."

Crexia just nodded at that.
"It seams you have considered this carefully I hope something useful comes of it."
He nodded, gathering up the book again and finishing his tea, "Very much so. Oh, before I leave, I am facing a small spot of judicial bother; I had to... jump the Caul to take it down. Bit of a crisis facing everyone when something came out of the bloody thing to defend it... I did not Fall, but it was quite a horrid experience that I do not wish to repeat. I don't expect there to be lasting complications, but all the same, I thought I ought to give you fair warning, owing to our tutoring agreement for next year. There's a miniscule chance that we may have to postpone a little."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:37 pm

[Colin] (At Morningstar 6 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "I should like to say I'm putting together a team, but that would be an exaggeration. However, I do intend to ask an audience with Master Dante to discuss the subject - I believe there are few Traditionalists more eminently suited to provide insights or possibly even lead an assault on the damned thing."

"Talking with Master Dante is probably a wise idea and see what he have to say, and the man have been known to be a great warrior in Ascension War, he might be the man to ask to help us with this issue."
Udella said and she nodded in agreement.

He nodded, then pondered, "Perhaps just as likely, it might look like the child the Cushings never had..."

"That is also quite possible Mr Wainwright."
Crexia agreed.

He nodded, "More that I convinced Dalisse to aid our strike teams a little more directly against the Fallen defenders..."

"Ah I see, may I ask why Lady Dalisse would turn against the Nephandi now after she had been with them for so long?"
Crexia asked as she raised an eyebrow at you.

He nodded, "That does seem more plausible, yes."

"Well finding them should still be quite possible."
Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded, "I have reason to trust this Aswadim a little further than I can throw Manhattan - he does owe me a favour after the battle. All the same, yes, I intend to be careful and I have no plans to seek him out."

The old archmage nodded at that.
"Good just as long as young keep your wits about you young man."

He nodded, gathering up the book again and finishing his tea, "Very much so. Oh, before I leave, I am facing a small spot of judicial bother; I had to... jump the Caul to take it down. Bit of a crisis facing everyone when something came out of the bloody thing to defend it... I did not Fall, but it was quite a horrid experience that I do not wish to repeat. I don't expect there to be lasting complications, but all the same, I thought I ought to give you fair warning, owing to our tutoring agreement for next year. There's a miniscule chance that we may have to postpone a little."

"That is quite understandable Mr Wainwright...I assume then it was the rather uniqe nature of your Avatar that killed the Caul?"
Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow.
"I am a patient woman so if we have to wait we will wait, I do hope your case will go well though, have you sought out an advocate?"
She asked as she lifted her own tea cup just to smell it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Anja's Post:

''Tis that or die.' Nicole replied in a matter-of-fact manner.

Anja's Post:

'Don't want your last words to be "what fucking car is the right one?"' she replied with a little smile, moving over to put the workbench top into the car trunk.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 pm

"I do have your numbers Mr Roth Hicks." Henrietta said then she nodded. "I will make sure we do not use to long with the explinations." The hedge wizard assured you.

"Good, thank you."

"Well it is certinly not a plesant prospect, but allot of magick is based around blood including consuming it." Jeffry said and nodded. "Yes I do not want the boy to sleep all day so he do not get any sleep tonight but he have been though allot and he is understandably scared about being in our custody."

"Yeah, well I can't complain too much that pain reducing potion works well enough, it's why I'm still standing. But...I can't recall what version of the spell you ended up using, the one where you gave them the vials or kept them. You got the vials back and disposed of them?"

"It seams I owe you both then. I was told a Miss Bouchard, a mechanic had been part of taking Agatha down so I have preparred a gift for her but it seams I have to thank her personally as well." The werspider said then she handed you a bussiness card with her name on it, the car looked rather expensive. "When you have decided what I can do to thank you, please give me a call Mr Roth Hicks. I have been looking for my sister for so long so again thank you."

"Very well," he agreed, taking the card to read her name on it and what sort of business she did in the mundane world. "I believe there is some food being put out now, if you are hungry, ma'am."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 pm

''Tis that or die.' Nicole replied in a matter-of-fact manner.

Violet nodded at that she did not say anything more but she looked worried.

'Don't want your last words to be "what fucking car is the right one?"' she replied with a little smile, moving over to put the workbench top into the car trunk.

"No that would have been...bad."
The young Verbena said and she smiled a little before she hurried off to keep watch. As you and Thorn where putting the work bench into the car your phone rang, if you look at it you did not recognize the number.

"Good, thank you."

Henrietta just nodded at that.

"Yeah, well I can't complain too much that pain reducing potion works well enough, it's why I'm still standing. But...I can't recall what version of the spell you ended up using, the one where you gave them the vials or kept them. You got the vials back and disposed of them?"

"I burned the labels of the vials and gave them the vials, though drinking the blood did not end up beind needed I managed to make a similar...what should I call it...hum as in the blood to get us all through the wards. I did get the vials back later and burned them."
Your Mentor said and nodded.

"Very well," he agreed, taking the card to read her name on it and what sort of business she did in the mundane world. "I believe there is some food being put out now, if you are hungry, ma'am."

Alessa seamed to work for an investmant company as head of their public relations department.
"Well if there is enough for everyone a bowl would be nice, human food give satisfaction and pleasure though it can not do much for my hunger."
The werespider said and smiled.
"I do thank you for your offer though Mr Roth Hicks."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:33 pm

"I burned the labels of the vials and gave them the vials, though drinking the blood did not end up beind needed I managed to make a similar...what should I call it...hum as in the blood to get us all through the wards. I did get the vials back later and burned them." Your Mentor said and nodded.

"Proxy?" he offered. "Well, good then, that particular problem seems avoided then."

Alessa seamed to work for an investmant company as head of their public relations department. "Well if there is enough for everyone a bowl would be nice, human food give satisfaction and pleasure though it can not do much for my hunger." The werespider said and smiled. "I do thank you for your offer though Mr Roth Hicks."

"Er...well, I am not sure how much was made but it was to be enough for those who fought and those here at home that might be hungry." He was honestly not sure if he wanted to know what werespiders ate, if they did not eat human food' as she put it. He put the card in his wallet, meaning to check it over later. Having someone who could deal with money might be handy, at least if he could get enough to actually invest anything instead of being perpetually broke. He gave her a nod and then moved aside for his pater to close the door, and for them to go to the kitchen.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Anja's Post:

After finishing getting the bench in the car, Nicole pulled out her phone, looked at the number suspiciously for a moment. Gave a little sigh and accepted the call. 'Yeah?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 pm

"Proxy?" he offered. "Well, good then, that particular problem seems avoided then."

"Ah yes, off course thank you mea filius it seams even my words are failing me. I guess there is only so long caffeine can keep me alert, but yes that particular problem was thankfully avoided."
Jeffry said and sigh.

"Er...well, I am not sure how much was made but it was to be enough for those who fought and those here at home that might be hungry." He was honestly not sure if he wanted to know what werespiders ate, if they did not eat human food' as she put it. He put the card in his wallet, meaning to check it over later. Having someone who could deal with money might be handy, at least if he could get enough to actually invest anything instead of being perpetually broke. He gave her a nod and then moved aside for his pater to close the door, and for them to go to the kitchen.

"I will ask then, thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Alessa said she returned your nod.
"Good day to you."
She said before she left towards the kitchen. Jeffry closed the door and looked at the werspider for a moment.
"She is about as far from her friend Mr Karyak as I can imagine anyone being."
He said before he went with you to the common room where Darrian where handing out plates and bowls with either Mexican stew or vegtable soup, it seamed the soup where more popular right now. With either option there where warm bread, ok so that wheere not made from scratch but where from half baked packets but it was fresh.
"I will get us a bowl if you find a place to sit mea filius, what do you want, the stew or the soup?"
The old Hermetic asked.

After finishing getting the bench in the car, Nicole pulled out her phone, looked at the number suspiciously for a moment. Gave a little sigh and accepted the call. 'Yeah?'

You heard a young man's voice on the other end of the line.
"Yes am I talking to a Nicole? Forgive my rudeness I was not given a surname, just a phone number and a first name..."
The man said sounding a bit unsure and apologetic.
"I have a gift delivery from Johnson's Auto, and I was wondering where you would like it delivered."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:03 pm

'Er... what?' Nicole replied, clearly thrown by this. 'Erm... who is this person, exactly?' surprise shifting to suspicion.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 pm

"Ah yes off course sorry my name is Jefferson Alexander Baker I work for Willows delivery services. The one who sent you the gift are one moment..."
You heard order papers being flipped through.
"It was someone with an Italian something, something name...ah here it is a Miss Alessa Biancardi...so where do you want it delivered Miss?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 pm

"She did, she is quite impressive then I have to thank her."
Paul said and he smiled to Ange.
"Thank you Ma'am."
He said and she smiled.
"Do not menton it."
She said and Paul whispered to you.
"She is going to be ok though is she not?"

"Yeah, of course she is." Serge said with a smile to alleviate Paul's (and his own) worries. "My Mentor's tougher than she looks. And she already looks pretty tough to begin with. The doctor already said that she'd be ok after a little bit of rest."

"Ok...ok I guess I will...rest then I am tired."
Paul said he sounded rather nervous though.
"I am afraid of the nightmares though."
He muttered softly.

"Than how about a dream?" Serge said pulling out his sketchbook and a writing utensil. "To ward off the nightmares. Turtles are pretty symbolic of defense and protection. A simple drawing of that koi pond and those turtles that you love. A simple reminder of the thing you enjoy in life. You can concentrate on the drawing while your resting."

He had already seen fragments of the koi pond and could guess what the turtles looked like so Serge had a good idea of what to draw.

He began to draw the scene, Paul floating in the middle of a Koi pond, surrounded by the fish and two turtles who swam beside him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 pm

"Yeah, of course she is." Serge said with a smile to alleviate Paul's (and his own) worries. "My Mentor's tougher than she looks. And she already looks pretty tough to begin with. The doctor already said that she'd be ok after a little bit of rest."

"I am glad to hear it Serge she sounds nice."
Paul said and smiled.
"You said she was your Mentor, do that mean you are related to her? That she is your family?"
He asked.

"Than how about a dream?" Serge said pulling out his sketchbook and a writing utensil. "To ward off the nightmares. Turtles are pretty symbolic of defense and protection. A simple drawing of that koi pond and those turtles that you love. To simple reminder of the thing you enjoy in life. You can concentrate on the drawing while your resting."

"O...ok I guess that could work and I have to sleep sooner or later so it is worth a shot, but I am not sure if anything can ward of the nightmares of...of..."
Paul's eyes went dark as he remembered what had been done to him and he started sobbing softly.

He had already seen fragments of the koi pond and could guess what the turtles looked like so Serge had a good idea of what to draw.

He began to draw the scene, Paul floating in the middle of a Koi pond, surrounded by the fish and two turtles who swam beside him.

"They...the koi they look like really big goldfish...they are sleek and white and orange, but one of them are black, they have large, round scales and...these things that look like beards under their mouths...they are really cute..."
Paul starte describing the fish but he still sobbed.
"They ehm have none of those fluffy fins as the fancy tail in the bowl there they look like regular fish other than the colors, which is really striking."
The fancytail kept on swimming, unnaware that his very impractical but pretty fins was being dissed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Anja's Post:

The sound of sucking teeth for a moment. 'Is it something which can go off or rot?' body language radiating suspicion. Though only Thorn would notice this - and that she had wandered back across the room to pick up her rifle.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 pm

"I am glad to hear it Serge she sounds nice."
Paul said and smiled.
"You said she was your Mentor, do that mean you are related to her? That she is your family?"
He asked.

"We're not related by blood but we might as well be family with how much she's helped me." Serge said proudly. "She was my therapist and helped me through a bunch of stuff. When I went through the whole 'holy-shit-I'm-a-wizard' phase she promoted herself to teacher and taught me how to use my powers."

"O...ok I guess that could work and I have to sleep sooner or later so it is worth a shot, but I am not sure if anything can ward of the nightmares of...of..."
Paul's eyes went dark as he remembered what had been done to him and he started sobbing softly.
"They...the koi they look like really big goldfish...they are sleek and white and orange, but one of them are black, they have large, round scales and...these things that look like beards under their mouths...they are really cute..."
Paul starte describing the fish but he still sobbed.
"They ehm have none of those fluffy fins as the fancy tail in the bowl there they look like regular fish other than the colors, which is really striking."
The fancytail kept on swimming, unnaware that his very impractical but pretty fins was being dissed.

Serge drew the picture just as Paul described, the big goldfish koi with scales shimmering in the sunlight. Large translucent tails and fins flowing gracefully through the water as the fish swam around Paul within the drawing.

All of them white and orange, except for one which was black located swimming at the top of Paul's head. Nearby were the two turtles, lazily swimming next to Paul. All three were near his head as if protecting him from any sort of terrors that might try and enter into his head.

(OOC: I haven't made this roll in a while. Dex + Drawing to draw the scene [and perhaps lower difficulties to shield Paul's mind from nightmares if that's something I can do]

Roll: 8. 4. 5, 7, 8, 1)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm

"We're not related by blood but we might as well be family with how much she's helped me." Serge said proudly. "She was my therapist and helped me through a bunch of stuff. When I went through the whole 'holy-shit-I'm-a-wizard' phase she promoted herself to teacher and taught me how to use my powers."

"That do sound nice. I guess that family do not always need to be blood related."
Paul said and nodded.
"So she taught you magick Serge? What kind of magick did she teach you what do you practice?"
He asked curiously.

Serge drew the picture just as Paul described, the big goldfish koi with scales shimmering in the sunlight. Large translucent tails and fins flowing gracefully through the water as the fish swam around Paul within the drawing.

All of them white and orange, except for one which was black located swimming at the top of Paul's head. Nearby were the two turtles, lazily swimming next to Paul. All three were near his head as if protecting him from any sort of terrors that might try and enter into his head.

"Lilliana is the smallest of them, her shell is greener, with black drawings and she is very sweet and likes to be petted and eat food out of your hand Lim-Dûl is larger and slower but he is shy and needs a bit of time get to know you, he likes to hide and nibble at things with his beak."
Paul muttered while he wept softly.

Your drawing was not the best you had done but it was not half bad, showing the koi and the turtles swimming around Paul, protecting him.

(OOC: That is two sucsesses which will lower the diff by two.)

The sound of sucking teeth for a moment. 'Is it something which can go off or rot?' body language radiating suspicion. Though only Thorn would notice this - and that she had wandered back across the room to pick up her rifle.

"Ehm...no Ma'am it is a car."
The delivery man said over the phone.
"So if you would rather arrange for delivery at a time more convenient to you then that is not a problem."
He continued. Thorn gave you a concerned look and his fingers played with his dagger when he noticed your body language.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Confusion returned to Nicole's face, though looking around the room as though expecting folk to come sailing through the windows wielding guns and balaclavas. 'Yeah... not something you can slip under the mat.' giving a little chuckle on the fact she'd almost sent it to her mailbox in Detroit. 'Think this calls for a personal pickup. Location?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Thorn was clearly nervous from your stance and he stood at the ready in case someone really came knocking down the door. The delivery man said.
"The car is currently at David Stanley Chevrolet."
He said and gave you the dealership's adress.
"If you wish to pick the car up personally that is quite doable."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 pm

"Ah yes, off course thank you mea filius it seams even my words are failing me. I guess there is only so long caffeine can keep me alert, but yes that particular problem was thankfully avoided." Jeffry said and sigh.

"You've been up longer than I have, I know that much and I hate complaining but I'm exhausted too. I can only imagine that your blood is about fifty fifty percent coffee."

"I will ask then, thank you Mr Roth Hicks." Alessa said she returned your nod. "Good day to you."

He gave her a slight bow of his head. "To you as well. And thank you."

Jeffry closed the door and looked at the werspider for a moment. "She is about as far from her friend Mr Karyak as I can imagine anyone being."

"Quite. Well, I'm not sure what sort of favor she might be able to offer but you never know when something like that might turn out to be handy," he said, thoughtfully. "You know, I didn't even connect that the person who attacked you was the spiders...even though I knew there was a werespider. I think the plurality of it caused a disconnect, oh and being targeted not five seconds later..." He shook his head.

"I will get us a bowl if you find a place to sit mea filius, what do you want, the stew or the soup?" The old Hermetic asked.

"Whatever you are having is fine, sir, thank you," he agreed and went to find somewhere to sit.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 pm

"That do sound nice. I guess that family do not always need to be blood related."
Paul said and nodded.
"So she taught you magick Serge? What kind of magick did she teach you what do you practice?"
He asked curiously.

"Mind Magick." Serge said simply. "That was the main thing. She taught me how to concentrate and free my mind from the restriction and rules placed upon it. While in that state she taught me how to better control my own crazy mind. She also taught me how to influence other minds so that they could view the world as I do."

"Lilliana is the smallest of them, her shell is greener, with black drawings and she is very sweet and likes to be petted and eat food out of your hand Lim-Dûl is larger and slower but he is shy and needs a bit of time get to know you, he likes to hide and nibble at things with his beak."
Paul muttered while he wept softly.

He altered the drawing to follow the description. The turtle now known as Lim-Dul was now nibbling at the drawn Paul's ears while Serge colored in Liliana's shell differently.

"Soon you'll see them in real life, but hopefully for now this will tide you over." Serge said softly as he laid the picture in front of the weeping Paul's face.

"Get some rest, you'll heal faster and the faster you heal the faster you can get back to your old life."

With those last soft words spoken, Serge entered a heightened mental state and began to guide his imagination through his drawings. He focused on the turtles, which were classically symbolic for defense, and the fish, the animals that had helped Paul through his ordeal.

He brought the positive emotions that those memories had inspired within Paul and used them as a shield, similarly to how he had protected himself from Paul's trauma when he ventured into his mind. He crafted a simple dream for Paul to experience, relaxing in the middle of the Koi pond fish and turtles on either side of him, blissfully floating away without another thought or worry.

(OOC: Yay difficulty reduction! Mind 3 effect to try and help diminish  Paul's anxiety and help him get some rest as well as to shield him from nightmares and his trauma.

Roll(-2 diff): 5, 4, 5, 10 - 5, 3, 1, 7 - 1, 10, 2, 6 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole reluctantly put down her rifle, fished out a pen from her pocket and grabbed a bit of paper to write the address on. 'Would be best; don't actually have a place in the city right now.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:19 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Talking with Master Dante is probably a wise idea and see what he have to say, and the man have been known to be a great warrior in Ascension War, he might be the man to ask to help us with this issue."
Udella said and she nodded in agreement.
Colin smiled thinly, "I hear he's got an impressive track record, so yes, between his tactical prowess and his technological knowhow, he's probably the best suited. Eccentricities notwithstanding."

"Ah I see, may I ask why Lady Dalisse would turn against the Nephandi now after she had been with them for so long?"
Crexia asked as she raised an eyebrow at you.
He grinned, "I asked her nicely and gave her a gift... and more importantly, she and Larson had a serious difference of opinion going back to when Dalisse's ship landed for repairs and was expropriated by Larson, who also betrayed the Gilledian in Boston so Larson could seize power without... going through proper channels. In fact, when I got there, Dalisse had had the fine webbing between her fingers cut as punishment for warning the Aswadim of Larson's attempt to bind him. I presented an excellent opportunity for Dalisse to rid herself of a Labyrinth that treated her cruelly and respectlessly, who tried to violate the sanctity of an Oracle, and who literally tried to unmake Reality... Dalisse does not subscribe to the Fallen ideal of unraveling the world; the chance to break the bindings that held her poor ship down, so they could roam the Deep again was the best deal she had seen in years. She may have been with the Nephandi for a long time, but really, her situation was essentially that of a senior citizen in a mansion, forced to play hostess for rowdy and ruthless squatters who controlled her ability to communicate with the outside world."

The old archmage nodded at that.
"Good just as long as young keep your wits about you young man."
He nodded, "I'll have to, obviously. There's still enough trouble on the horizon."

"That is quite understandable Mr Wainwright...I assume then it was the rather uniqe nature of your Avatar that killed the Caul?"
Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow.
"I am a patient woman so if we have to wait we will wait, I do hope your case will go well though, have you sought out an advocate?"
She asked as she lifted her own tea cup just to smell it.
He nodded, then frowned, "She reacted... as anticipated, like a fragmentation grenade in a phone booth. Dear God, I'm going to have Chuck Norris-style jokes told about me now, won't I? 'Colin Wainwright walked into a Caul, and the Caul died...' That's a terrifying aspect of the whole thing that I never considered before now..."
He shook his head and smiled, "I've already consulted with, ah, my family lawyer; she'll be accompanying Anna and me back to Boston in a little bit, once I've conferred with Master Min on a final matter. And fortunately, I've ensured that the investigating Quaesitor does not have a personal grudge against me - Master D'Angelo made a rash move against me when I emerged from the Caul, proving her personal... bias. I have faith in Master Tolle's impartiality in the matter, and Mia's purity at the core."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next