Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

5 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:20 pm

[Travelling]

'No.. that's all. And good luck.' If that was all, Nicole would then ring her last person - Baynes in Detroit.

"Thank you Miss Bouchard."
The cybenetics expert said before ending the call. You called Baynes and the man quickly replied.
"Yes Nicole...are there any news?"

(OCC: That is odd, I get mail notifications of new posts. Are you sure you have not unsubscribed from the thread by accident, I did that once.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:20 am

[Serge's Message]

Anja wrote:"It is as important to them as it is to us, if not more so so yes they will be searching for it will great fevor and we can not let them have it."
The ancient mage warned.
"All will be lost if they get the Betrayer's Grimoire."

"They probably have a massive head start..." Serge said with a sigh, "Hey do you know what Heylel's grimoire even looks like? It would probably help if I knew what the thing I was searching for looked like." he asked, notably refusing to call Heylel 'the Betrayer' like the elder mage in front of him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:11 am

[Serge's Message]

"They do have a head start as they have been looking for the Grimoire for a long time already.
The ancient mage said.
"Heylel's Griomoire do not look like anything as they never kept it as a physical book, it was always written on spiritual material. It is made of Ephemera."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:31 am

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'Yep... and not good. The disease has mutated; folk without mods can catch it. They don't get sick, but do become carriers. If carrier-carrier infection is possible, we're looking at pandemic time - my napkin is showing the toll within the US is going to be at least one and a half million.' ending with a sigh.

'Worse, a Mirrorshade doc seems to have become infected even though she did the usual hygiene stuff. So it's possible that everyone who treated an original case is now a Typhoid Mary.' voice flat - a clear sign to one who knew Nicole that she'd gone beyond anger. 'Depending on how easy it spreads, we might already be too late with containment.'

[No, for I got this one. It occasionally happens, that's all]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:09 am

[Travelling]

'Yep... and not good. The disease has mutated; folk without mods can catch it. They don't get sick, but do become carriers. If carrier-carrier infection is possible, we're looking at pandemic time - my napkin is showing the toll within the US is going to be at least one and a half million.' ending with a sigh.

"No...no...no we can not have that...no...no...all my patients, all my experiments all those sleepers...no..no...no!"
Baynes exclaimed and you could hear him hyperventilating, he was a skilled Scientist but he did not deal with stress well.
"So what do we do...have to stop this have to!"
He muttered.

'Worse, a Mirrorshade doc seems to have become infected even though she did the usual hygiene stuff. So it's possible that everyone who treated an original case is now a Typhoid Mary.' voice flat - a clear sign to one who knew Nicole that she'd gone beyond anger. 'Depending on how easy it spreads, we might already be too late with containment.'

"I have heard about cases in the three cities already afflicted but other than the one case in Europe none more there but yes if this is just now mutating...must make calls...get to to isolate the woman in England...no...this can not be happening."
Baynes said and you could hear him pacing anxiously back and forth while breathing way to fast he was going to make himself faint at this rate.

(OOC: That is odd, I blame the Technocracy. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm

[Serge's Message]

Anja wrote:"They do have a head start as they have been looking for the Grimoire for a long time already.
The ancient mage said.
"Heylel's Griomoire do not look like anything as they never kept it as a physical book, it was always written on spiritual material. It is made of Ephemera.

"Of course it's made out of a material I can't see. It's probably hidden in the umbra as well isn't it?" Serge grumbled, as the odds were increasingly stacked against him.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:00 pm

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'We can't stop it 'till we know what it is - such as how contagious it is. If carrier-carrier infection is impossible, containment may still be possible.' Nicole replied. 'The only things I can think of is for every modded person to completely isolate themselves, complete screening programme, isolation of carriers and to let everyone in the Society know the situation and quick. On the plus side, the Union will throw their weight into this too, though it will take a bit of time to cut through the red tape.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:00 pm

[Airport]
Anja wrote:"Serum?"
Cathy asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Well I am glad whatever spooky thing you did worked then Sir, for I do prefer not to be in pain."
Colin grimaced, "Nasty stuff; 3ccs of what looks like molten wine gum, hurts like three kinds of Hell, and blocks out your connection to vampire blood... trust me, it's not pleasant."

Anja wrote:"Rosario told me about him...that...situation was hard on her, seeing those boys be executed but you had no choice, taking the captive would have been worse, then they would even be in a cell on Horizon awaiting trial or...worse...death was the kindest choice."
Irene said softly.
"Now one day he will be reborn, a widderslainte but at least he will be reborn."
He nodded, "Reborn a widderslainte... perhaps with a new chance to return to the light, at that time, too. According to his mother, he's already moved on, so... who knows if our paths will cross again?"

Anja wrote:"I am sure we can come to an agreement when it comes to price."
Irene said sounding like a woman who was used to getting whatever she wanted.
He smiled thinly, "I've had the six to ten drams range suggested to me as an equitable rate - I'm sure we'll work something out."

Anja wrote:"Yeah they do that as well but the Milliners...they have made an art out of having no morals and allot of money."
Cathy said with a shrug.
He frowned, "Hm, too common a descriptor these days..."

Anja wrote:"I think some thin blooded can make new vampires but not all of them...as for the Sabbat doubtfully, they might be more willing to accept thin blooded than the Camarilla but I think they are likely to just chase them away, the only plot the thin blooded are likely to be involved in is living one more night and it is not like they are organized."
The Ghoul said and she raised an eyebrow.
He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, no, I meant perhaps the Miliners are involved with the Sabbat?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Some could say that's somewhat kinder than using them as a scrying ball."
Anja wrote:"Quite a bit kinder since my Master tortures him if he don't see what he wants, they do not have good control of what they see, it random I think and if the prisoner do not cooperate or sees something irrelevant my Master have us torture him, his favorite method of punishment being having us strap the kid down and use one of those clamp things that hold the ribs open for surgeries and then fill his heart with pencils or a box of toothpicks and leave him like that for a while."
Cathy said darkly.
"The thin blooded prisoner's spirit have been broken a long time ago from this...and other kinds of torture it sucks but what can you do? Orders are orders."
His eyes darkened for a bit, "So if he doesn't get a good picture, his first response is to smack the TV set? I'm partly inclined to mount a little rescue operation of my own here... well, save that doing so would be... politically highly unwise, to put it mildly; at the very least I should need some far more solid justification that'd hold up to scrutiny first."

S7trif3 wrote:"I'm sure this doesn't please your Master much. Hrm, they know magic? What kind of magic...aside from necromancy?" he asked with a frown. "I thought most of the vampires that knew magic were in the Tremere clan. Do you happen to know any of the holdings they happen to have in Boston, or anything else you might be at liberty of disclosing? I understand you cannot speak of certain things."
Anja wrote:"No my Master is not to pleased at the Milliners no."
The ghoul said then she nodded.
"yeah the Giovanni use magic but exactly what kind is hard to say all of that is hush hush and the ones who have been given the proxy kiss like me are only allowed to participate in the most basic ones. There are other types of blood magic than what Clan Tremere do though. As for holdings I do not know much I think the Milliners have some shipping companies, but they really have their fingers in allot of pies, drugs, prostitutes, clothing, medicine, you name it."
He frowned, "Then it does sound like the Milliners certainly may have some direct involvement in the development of the cyber-plague going around, whether on the development side or the production side... I wonder if they might have a cure, too?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:02 pm

[Travelling]

'We can't stop it 'till we know what it is - such as how contagious it is. If carrier-carrier infection is impossible, containment may still be possible.' Nicole replied.

"Yes we can hope for that...hope for that indeed, but even if carrier to carrier infection is impossible this thing will still spread unless we can stop it pretty soon."
Baynes said nervously.

'The only things I can think of is for every modded person to completely isolate themselves, complete screening programme, isolation of carriers and to let everyone in the Society know the situation and quick. On the plus side, the Union will throw their weight into this too, though it will take a bit of time to cut through the red tape.'

"I will call those I know and recommend they isolate themselves, getting sleepers to do the same will be harder, the Union might be better suite there since they have their fingers in the CDC. But let us hope we can stop things before such sleeper authorities get involved...damn it, who would do this...this thing just is not right."
The other Etherite said and he paced more back and forth.

[Serge's Message]

"Of course it's made out of a material I can't see. It's probably hidden in the umbra as well isn't it?" Serge grumbled, as the odds were increasingly stacked against him.

"Where the Betrayer hid his Grimoire I do not know young one, and yes you might need the help of allies to find it, that is why none of you ca go at this alone."
The ancient Seer said and nodded.

[Airport]

Colin grimaced, "Nasty stuff; 3ccs of what looks like molten wine gum, hurts like three kinds of Hell, and blocks out your connection to vampire blood... trust me, it's not pleasant."

"Well now that do sound like something I would want to avoid...I did not know such a thing existed."
Cathy said and grimaced.

He nodded, "Reborn a widderslainte... perhaps with a new chance to return to the light, at that time, too. According to his mother, he's already moved on, so... who knows if our paths will cross again?"

"I have always heard a Fallen mage can not be returned to the light, that they are truly lost."
Irene said and she raised an eyebrow and looked at you.

He smiled thinly, "I've had the six to ten drams range suggested to me as an equitable rate - I'm sure we'll work something out."

"Well Tass is harder for me to get by than cold hard cash, but I am sure I ould manage to scrape it together."
The Euthanathos agreed.

He frowned, "Hm, too common a descriptor these days..."

Cathy looked at you and sigh...yeah I suppose you are right about that Mr Wainwright."
She agreed.

He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, no, I meant perhaps the Miliners are involved with the Sabbat?"

"I would not put it past them."
The ghoul agreed darkly.

His eyes darkened for a bit, "So if he doesn't get a good picture, his first response is to smack the TV set?

"Pretty much yes."
The blood slave said an frowned.

I'm partly inclined to mount a little rescue operation of my own here... well, save that doing so would be... politically highly unwise, to put it mildly; at the very least I should need some far more solid justification that'd hold up to scrutiny first."

"I am not sure it would be politically unwise, the Traditions have no laws against stealing the resources of the vampire and vampire society are hardly going to care if someone lost said resources, murdering my relative, which I would prefer if you did not do, would create a political backlash but not nabbing his pet thin blooded."
Irene commented.
"The biggest problem is that just freeing this person would be like breaking into a fur farm and freeing the animals, you would just set him up to die, you can not expect someone who is tortured and traumatized to be able to make it on his own, not for a long time, he would require care and somewhere safe to heal and no vampire would take in a thin blooded to aid him, so the kindest thing you could do would be to kill him."
The Euthanathos continued with a frown.

He frowned, "Then it does sound like the Milliners certainly may have some direct involvement in the development of the cyber-plague going around, whether on the development side or the production side... I wonder if they might have a cure, too?"

"It would be stupid to make a plague and not a cure for it."
Irene said.
"And I would certainly want to get my hands on that to help my sick Cabalmate...we could always trance down one of the Milliners and ask some question."
She said with a dark look in her eyes indicating those questions would not be plesant for the Milliner prisoner.
"I mean I can get some pencils as well..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:36 pm

[Serge's Message]

Anja wrote:"Where the Betrayer hid his Grimoire I do not know young one, and yes you might need the help of allies to find it, that is why none of you ca go at this alone."
The ancient Seer said and nodded.

"Looks like my allies are gonna be doing most of the heavy lifting. Knowing my luck so far, its gonna be in the umbra surrounded by guardian spirits." Serge said with a halfhearted chuckle.

" So find the Screamer in the woods, find the grimoire, find the nine, fix the nine, stop the Moloch people, and save the world. That's a good amount of stuff. Is there anything else?" he asked nervously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:59 pm

"Quite a bit kinder since my Master tortures him if he don't see what he wants, they do not have good control of what they see, it random I think and if the prisoner do not cooperate or sees something irrelevant my Master have us torture him, his favorite method of punishment being having us strap the kid down and use one of those clamp things that hold the ribs open for surgeries and then fill his heart with pencils or a box of toothpicks and leave him like that for a while."
Cathy said darkly.
"The thin blooded prisoner's spirit have been broken a long time ago from this...and other kinds of torture it sucks but what can you do? Orders are orders."

"I know that under the influence of the blood, you may not be able to challenge the orders, but...don't you find that quite wrong?"

His eyes darkened for a bit, "So if he doesn't get a good picture, his first response is to smack the TV set? I'm partly inclined to mount a little rescue operation of my own here... well, save that doing so would be... politically highly unwise, to put it mildly; at the very least I should need some far more solid justification that'd hold up to scrutiny first."

"While I understand the sentiment, we simply cannot involve ourselves in that unless there is a strategic reason to do so."

"No my Master is not to pleased at the Milliners no."
"yeah the Giovanni use magic but exactly what kind is hard to say all of that is hush hush and the ones who have been given the proxy kiss like me are only allowed to participate in the most basic ones. There are other types of blood magic than what Clan Tremere do though. As for holdings I do not know much I think the Milliners have some shipping companies, but they really have their fingers in allot of pies, drugs, prostitutes, clothing, medicine, you name it."

"A finger in many pies. But it doesn't tell us why there is this plague. What's the motivation for any of this? On the one hand we have speculation that these people are working with certain people that can 'do things with money,' and I think we know who that might be. If it's them, then why the hell would they be partnering with the local vampire crime syndicate, screwing around with people's health and welfare? Such would get up the back of at least two other conventions directly affected, if not all of them in short order. Unless it was an accident of course, some kind of unintended outcome. We're missing something..."

"Well that would be the Giovanni the Milliners are really bad at Necromancy and the family rituals so they are just assholes with fangs and money."
Cathy said and shrugged.

"Noted."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:00 pm

"Quite a bit kinder since my Master tortures him if he don't see what he wants, they do not have good control of what they see, it random I think and if the prisoner do not cooperate or sees something irrelevant my Master have us torture him, his favorite method of punishment being having us strap the kid down and use one of those clamp things that hold the ribs open for surgeries and then fill his heart with pencils or a box of toothpicks and leave him like that for a while."
Cathy said darkly.

"I know that under the influence of the blood, you may not be able to challenge the orders, but...don't you find that quite wrong?"

"I am not sure it would be politically unwise, the Traditions have no laws against stealing the resources of the vampire and vampire society are hardly going to care if someone lost said resources, murdering my relative, which I would prefer if you did not do, would create a political backlash but not nabbing his pet thin blooded."
Irene commented.
"The biggest problem is that just freeing this person would be like breaking into a fur farm and freeing the animals, you would just set him up to die, you can not expect someone who is tortured and traumatized to be able to make it on his own, not for a long time, he would require care and somewhere safe to heal and no vampire would take in a thin blooded to aid him, so the kindest thing you could do would be to kill him."

"While I understand the sentiment, we probably cannot involve ourselves directly in that unless there is a strategic reason to do so."

"No my Master is not to pleased at the Milliners no."
"It would be stupid to make a plague and not a cure for it."
Irene said.
"And I would certainly want to get my hands on that to help my sick Cabalmate...we could always trance down one of the Milliners and ask some question."
She said with a dark look in her eyes indicating those questions would not be plesant for the Milliner prisoner.

"A finger in many pies. But it doesn't tell us why there is this plague. What's the motivation for any of this? On the one hand we have speculation that these shady vampires are working with certain people that can 'do things with money,' and I think we know who that might be. If it's them, then why the hell would they be partnering with the local vampire crime syndicate, screwing around with people's health and welfare? Such would get up the back of at least two other conventions directly affected, if not all of them in short order. Unless it was an accident of course, some kind of unintended outcome. We're missing something..."

"Well that would be the Giovanni the Milliners are really bad at Necromancy and the family rituals so they are just assholes with fangs and money."
Cathy said and shrugged.

"Noted."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:49 pm

[Serge's Message]

"Looks like my allies are gonna be doing most of the heavy lifting. Knowing my luck so far, its gonna be in the umbra surrounded by guardian spirits." Serge said with a halfhearted chuckle.

"No child that is doubtful, your role will be as important as that of the rest of the nine."
The ancient Seer said firmly.

" So find the Screamer in the woods, find the grimoire, find the nine, fix the nine, stop the Moloch people, and save the world. That's a good amount of stuff. Is there anything else?" he asked nervously.

"You pretty much got it child, and as you have this message is at an end, unless you have further questions I will remove myself from the mind of the dear young lady and be on my way."
Your strange host said and he stood again.
"And as ever child, I am terribly sorry to have laid this burden on your young shoulders, it will not be an easy path before you I fear."

[Airport]

"Torturing my Master's pet or being controlled by his blood?"
Cathy asked then she sigh.
"For the first option, yes I find torturing the kid wrong, I do not like causing him pain he do not deserve it. For the second...I don't know. I was chosen as a child and prepared for the proxy kiss, it have always been this way for me, but yes there are times I wish my mind was my own."
She said and she cast a nervous glance at Irene afraid the Euthanathos would tell her Master she harbored such sentiments.

"While I understand the sentiment, we simply cannot involve ourselves in that unless there is a strategic reason to do so."

"Well don't look at me, I am staying neutral when it comes to issues between the Traditions and my family."
Irene said and she shook her head.
"The prisoner do know everything he have told my Master so he would know most of his secrets, it would be far easier for you guys to get him out of the apartment he is kept in that trying to drag the information out of my Master."
Cathy said but whatever it was eying a chance to safe the captured thin blood or if it was a hope her Master would be left alone which made her speak was unclear.

A finger in many pies. But it doesn't tell us why there is this plague. What's the motivation for any of this? On the one hand we have speculation that these people are working with certain people that can 'do things with money,' and I think we know who that might be. If it's them, then why the hell would they be partnering with the local vampire crime syndicate, screwing around with people's health and welfare? Such would get up the back of at least two other conventions directly affected, if not all of them in short order. Unless it was an accident of course, some kind of unintended outcome. We're missing something..."

"If my family is involved I can only speculate this is all about money, with my family it usually are."
Irene said with a sigh.
"It is always about either money or Necromancy or preferably both, but usually money."

(OOC: I went out playing MtG today, I can not get my new deck to function as I want it to, I might have to tweak it a bit. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 pm

[Airport]

"Torturing my Master's pet or being controlled by his blood?"
Cathy asked then she sigh.

"Well, both actually."

"For the first option, yes I find torturing the kid wrong, I do not like causing him pain he do not deserve it. For the second...I don't know. I was chosen as a child and prepared for the proxy kiss, it have always been this way for me, but yes there are times I wish my mind was my own."
She said and she cast a nervous glance at Irene afraid the Euthanathos would tell her Master she harbored such sentiments.

He frowned a little. "Being a child, you had hardly any choice or power to understand what was going to happen."

"The prisoner do know everything he have told my Master so he would know most of his secrets, it would be far easier for you guys to get him out of the apartment he is kept in that trying to drag the information out of my Master."
Cathy said

"That is true, though the vampire's mind might be beyond addled already thanks to your Master's treatment of them."

"If my family is involved I can only speculate this is all about money, with my family it usually are."
Irene said with a sigh.
"It is always about either money or Necromancy or preferably both, but usually money."

"Very well, for the vampire side let's assume it is straightforward money, or potential money. There is a virus, they sell the cure, they get money. But that still leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Still, if there's a cure somewhere, we need it as fast as possible." He frowned. He glanced at Irene. "You came here to discuss matters with your family, I assume. Given this information regarding this virus, I doubt you can stay totally...uninvolved given the circumstances, which is why you are here. Perhaps you can find out why they think this is a good way to make some cash, when so many other ways might be available to them...?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 pm

[Airport]

He frowned a little. "Being a child, you had hardly any choice or power to understand what was going to happen."

"I had no choice in the matter no, this is true, whatever I understood what would happen or not, one do not defy the will of the family."
Cathy said and frowned.

"That is true, though the vampire's mind might be beyond addled already thanks to your Master's treatment of them."

"This is true he...still speaks but he is terrified and weakened, he would have to be handled very delicately if you hope to get much out of him other than his muttered visions."
The ghoul agreed.

"Very well, for the vampire side let's assume it is straightforward money, or potential money. There is a virus, they sell the cure, they get money. But that still leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Still, if there's a cure somewhere, we need it as fast as possible." He frowned. He glanced at Irene. "You came here to discuss matters with your family, I assume. Given this information regarding this virus, I doubt you can stay totally...uninvolved given the circumstances, which is why you are here. Perhaps you can find out why they think this is a good way to make some cash, when so many other ways might be available to them...?"

"I suspect that for my family it is about money yes. And you would be correct Sir I am here to discuss this with my family, trying to figure out what is going on."
Irene said then she sigh.
"I...do not want to get involved, but if it is between my Cabal and my family I have to choose my Cabal, I willingly gave the Traditions my loyalty but I hope it will not come to that. I will try to see what I can find out though and I am willing to share the answers I am given."
The death maga said then she shook her head.
"This whole situation is...unfortunate."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:19 pm

[Serge's Message]

Anja wrote:"No child that is doubtful, your role will be as important as that of the rest of the nine."
The ancient Seer said firmly.

"I hope so." Serge said doubtfully. "But I'll do my best regardless."

Anja wrote:"You pretty much got it child, and as you have this message is at an end, unless you have further questions I will remove myself from the mind of the dear young lady and be on my way."
Your strange host said and he stood again.
"And as ever child, I am terribly sorry to have laid this burden on your young shoulders, it will not be an easy path before you I fear."

"Don't be sorry. You needed help and I'm happy to provide it. I was never one to let difficulty or danger stand in the way of helping someone." Serge said with a smile. "You picked the right person for the job. My friends are experts at saving the world."

Serge took one last glance at his Persian surroundings, "Questions...questions....a couple actually. I don't know if it's related to all of this, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. Earlier today, my friend went into a wierd trance and began saying something wierd. In some kind of Gaelic language he said, 'Beware the path of the three numbers, you must find them along the path one by one'. Do you know anything about a path with three numbers? Does it have anything to do with all of this?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 pm

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'We already know who did this - the Giovanni. We simply don't know why. And while I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm gonna make sure I'm going to take as many down with me.'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 pm

[Serge's Message]

"I hope so." Serge said doubtfully. "But I'll do my best regardless."

"That you will child, and one day perhaps you will have enough confidence to see your own importance."
The ancient Seer said with a slight sigh.

"Don't be sorry. You needed help and I'm happy to provide it. I was never one to let difficulty or danger stand in the way of helping someone." Serge said with a smile. "You picked the right person for the job. My friends are experts at saving the world."

"I am glad to hear it child, I just wish you would not have to walk such a difficult path, I wish I would not have to put you in danger, or that this horror would not come again, but there are no choice, the nine must join together again, there are no other way."
Your host said sadly.

Serge took one last glance at his Persian surroundings, "Questions...questions....a couple actually. I don't know if it's related to all of this, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. Earlier today, my friend went into a wierd trance and began saying something wierd. In some kind of Gaelic language he said, 'Beware the path of the three numbers, you must find them along the path one by one'. Do you know anything about a path with three numbers? Does it have anything to do with all of this?"

"There are many paths that could have three numbers, the third path of the Three of Life for example, the third card of the Tarot, the options are many, but I do not know which path your friend spoke of, remember I am not really here, an Oracle are not allowed to interfere in the physical world, I am just a spell a message sent by Akrites Salonikas, when he realized he had to walk out into the Umbra to become a Postulant, to find his heir and tell him or her what they needed to know. I might be a bit of his mind but I am only a remanent, there is a limit to my abilities, however I do believe the omens and signs you encounter on your way are likely to be important."
Akrites said softly.

[Travelling]

'We already know who did this - the Giovanni. We simply don't know why. And while I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm gonna make sure I'm going to take as many down with me.'

"Hum...Giovanni...they are Cryptid species 35...ehm...vampires right? Can we not just nab on of their number and beat this person until they tell us what we want to know. I have no qualms about torturing someone who have caused something like this and even less qualms when they are not even human."
Beynes suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 pm

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, they are... didn't I tell you?' Nicole replied, giving a frown. 'But good news is the Union also know. Problem is they're a group which was clearly set-up well enough to produce this shit in the first place. Plus... we don't actually know how big or strong this group is, do we?'

[PM waiting, Great One. But no rush.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:50 am

[Serge's Message]

Anja wrote:"I am glad to hear it child, I just wish you would not have to walk such a difficult path, I wish I would not have to put you in danger, or that this horror would not come again, but there are no choice, the nine must join together again, there are no other way."
Your host said sadly.

"Even if the whole situation is enormously unpleasant, I'm glad we get a chance to fight whatever's coming. It's better than the alternative of sitting and waiting for the world to end." Serge said with a comforting tone of voice. "Plus I've always enjoyed these kinds 'team-up of the chosen ones' stories. It'll be neat to get to be a part of one."

Anja wrote:"There are many paths that could have three numbers, the third path of the Three of Life for example, the third card of the Tarot, the options are many, but I do not know which path your friend spoke of, remember I am not really here, an Oracle are not allowed to interfere in the physical world, I am just a spell a message sent by Akrites Salonikas, when he realized he had to walk out into the Umbra to become a Postulant, to find his heir and tell him or her what they needed to know. I might be a bit of his mind but I am only a remanent, there is a limit to my abilities, however I do believe the omens and signs you encounter on your way are likely to be important."
Akrites said softly.

"Just trying to get as much information as I can. Been hit with a lot of those mystery omens and signs lately. And my track record for figuring them out hasn't been all that great." Serge said with a smirk. He pondered on the thought of whether he should ask his Persian host about Colin's visions, but decided against it.

"Anyways, I think that's it for me. It was pleasure meeting you Master Salonikas. I'll relay this information to my friends as quickly as I can. And I'll do my best to live up to your expectations. Even if the chances are slim, I'm sure the good side will win." He said, raising up and giving an over the top bow to the Elder Seer of Chronos.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 am

[Travelling]

'Yeah, they are... didn't I tell you?' Nicole replied, giving a frown. 'But good news is the Union also know. Problem is they're a group which was clearly set-up well enough to produce this shit in the first place. Plus... we don't actually know how big or strong this group is, do we?'

"You did mention something about vampires yes...so that is confirmed then...and I guess you are right we can not act before we know more Nicole but also we can not let them get away with this either."
Beynes said sounding frustrating and he was still pacing around.

[Serge's Message]

"Even if the whole situation is enormously unpleasant, I'm glad we get a chance to fight whatever's coming. It's better than the alternative of sitting and waiting for the world to end." Serge said with a comforting tone of voice. "Plus I've always enjoyed these kinds 'team-up of the chosen ones' stories. It'll be neat to get to be a part of one."

"Well then child, I hope you get an epic quest and are victorious, I desperatly hope so for us all."
The ancient Seer said with a bit of a glint in his eyes but at the same time he was clearly serious and concerned.
"And I wish your group more luck than my Cabal had."

"Just trying to get as much information as I can. Been hit with a lot of those mystery omens and signs lately. And my track record for figuring them out hasn't been all that great." Serge said with a smirk. He pondered on the thought of whether he should ask his Persian host about Colin's visions, but decided against it.

"Figuring out omens are seldom a quick process child, you said you got these signs today you can not expect to figure them out in a day, you need to have patience."
Your strange host said and he smiled a little.
"With time things will become clearer."

"Anyways, I think that's it for me. It was pleasure meeting you Master Salonikas. I'll relay this information to my friends as quickly as I can. And I'll do my best to live up to your expectations. Even if the chances are slim, I'm sure the good side will win." He said, raising up and giving an over the top bow to the Elder Seer of Chronos.

"I am convinced you will not disapoint me child, after all a sliver of my own being choose your Avatar, you will do spendidly, splendidly."
The ancient Seer said and he made a elegant bow back.
"Good luck are farewell my young friend and..."
The rouge's expression turned serious.
"When you find them...please tell Heylel...when you find them...tell whatever is left of them I am sorry...I am sorry for what happened to them."
He said then his serious expression vanished and again he gave a rougish grin.
"God speed then young adventurer."
He said before he vanished and you where again sitting, your palm against Dion's hand, the red door gone from her mind, it seamed like it had only taken a moment since you cast the spell on her, and both the Chorister and George was looking at you expectantly waiting to see what you would find."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'Well, the one who tried to do me in was one of their slaves.' she retorted. 'Anyway, have a theory, I do; that them Giovanni didn't know we existed. Would explain why the fuck they attacked the Mundies, us and the Union at the same time. Which is stupid - it's the sort of shit which would get us to work together, like the Nazis did with us and the Russians in WW2. I'm more worried about the other option - that them lot did know... and think they could take us even in combo.'

'Anyway, I'm really aware that we know almost sod all about 'em, sir. This situation is like us trying to strike back at Japan after Pearl Harbour but not knowing their goals, capabilities, numbers or even where the hell they came from.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 am

[Travelling]

Well, the one who tried to do me in was one of their slaves.' she retorted. 'Anyway, have a theory, I do; that them Giovanni didn't know we existed. Would explain why the fuck they attacked the Mundies, us and the Union at the same time. Which is stupid - it's the sort of shit which would get us to work together, like the Nazis did with us and the Russians in WW2. I'm more worried about the other option - that them lot did know... and think they could take us even in combo.'

"I see, yes you did mention the man who attacked you where a vampire's slave, hum of the two scenarios you mention the first is the most likely, so let us hope it is that, and that we do not ave to face some power capable of taking on both the Union and the Traditions, for that would not be good."
Baynes said nervously.

Anyway, I'm really aware that we know almost sod all about 'em, sir. This situation is like us trying to strike back at Japan after Pearl Harbour but not knowing their goals, capabilities, numbers or even where the hell they came from.'

And that is why I think we have to focus on getting one of their kind, to get more information, we can not keep fighting blindly, so while going after them might be dangerous we might have to risk it."
The other Etherite said with a sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:31 pm

[Serge's Message]

Anja wrote:"Figuring out omens are seldom a quick process child, you said you got these signs today you can not expect to figure them out in a day, you need to have patience."
Your strange host said and he smiled a little.
"With time things will become clearer."

"Hope they become clearer sooner rather than later. Cause time seems to be against us at every turn." Serge said in a slightly worried tone.

Anja wrote:"I am convinced you will not disapoint me child, after all a sliver of my own being choose your Avatar, you will do spendidly, splendidly."
The ancient Seer said and he made a elegant bow back.
"Good luck are farewell my young friend and..."
The rouge's expression turned serious.
"When you find them...please tell Heylel...when you find them...tell whatever is left of them I am sorry...I am sorry for what happened to them."

"Don't worry....I will." Serge said sincerely.

Anja wrote:He said then his serious expression vanished and again he gave a rougish grin.
"God speed then young adventurer."
He said before he vanished and you where again sitting, your palm against Dion's hand, the red door gone from her mind, it seamed like it had only taken a moment since you cast the spell on her, and both the Chorister and George was looking at you expectantly waiting to see what you would find."

"Good morning." Serge said randomly, unsure of how to start.

"Welp, I learned a lot of stuff. Not sure how much of it I can say without first consulting Mr. Wainwright," he said glancing at the Primus and then at Dion, "But for now I'll say that the Persian guy who put that door in your head is a really cool dude. Just wanted to get a message to me and only me. It's gone now so we can focus on your headaches."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 pm

[Airport]
Anja wrote:"Well now that do sound like something I would want to avoid...I did not know such a thing existed."
Cathy said and grimaced.
Colin smiled wryly, "Trust me, you're happier without knowing more..."

Anja wrote:"I have always heard a Fallen mage can not be returned to the light, that they are truly lost."
Irene said and she raised an eyebrow and looked at you.
He smiled thinly, "I spoke with an old Diedne, who'd been driven to the Nephandi before they Fell, and who never Fell herself, and was eventually driven to cut loose from the Fallen. She knew, as though it were the most natural thing in the world, that Falling is not irreversible. There's a case where one Traditionalist succeeded in reverting her Avatar, too, but that was... buried. It would seem there's political motivation for perpetuating a falsehood..."

Anja wrote:"Well Tass is harder for me to get by than cold hard cash, but I am sure I ould manage to scrape it together."
The Euthanathos agreed.
He grinned, "I'll happily take exchange of services in lieu of fiscal compensation - my daughter might need some lessons I cannot provide, for example."

Anja wrote:"I am not sure it would be politically unwise, the Traditions have no laws against stealing the resources of the vampire and vampire society are hardly going to care if someone lost said resources, murdering my relative, which I would prefer if you did not do, would create a political backlash but not nabbing his pet thin blooded."
Irene commented.
S7trif3 wrote:"While I understand the sentiment, we simply cannot involve ourselves in that unless there is a strategic reason to do so."
Anja wrote:"Well don't look at me, I am staying neutral when it comes to issues between the Traditions and my family."
Irene said and she shook her head.
Cathy said but whatever it was eying a chance to safe the captured thin blood or if it was a hope her Master would be left alone which made her speak was unclear.
S7trif3 wrote:"That is true, though the vampire's mind might be beyond addled already thanks to your Master's treatment of them."
Anja wrote:"This is true he...still speaks but he is terrified and weakened, he would have to be handled very delicately if you hope to get much out of him other than his muttered visions."
The ghoul agreed.
He frowned, "It would be politically unwise, considering the... current diplomatic situation with the Prince; we'd need a little more justification before him before I would consider it a sufficiently safe move to deliberately assault a vampire's holdings. Getting him sheltered, though - I have some... contacts who would be able to help, though I would be straining our relationship if I started simply shuffling every vampire down on their luck to them. So it's not really a good option. Helping the poor fellow back to mental health, though, I believe that we can manage to do that, at least - even only within my own Cabal. The question really boils down to whether the consequences of such a rescue mission would be worth it... and that's just a notch above my pay grade. I would have to confer with the Chief... and he justifiably dislikes vampires."

Anja wrote:"It would be stupid to make a plague and not a cure for it."
Irene said.
S7trif3 wrote:"A finger in many pies. But it doesn't tell us why there is this plague. What's the motivation for any of this? On the one hand we have speculation that these people are working with certain people that can 'do things with money,' and I think we know who that might be. If it's them, then why the hell would they be partnering with the local vampire crime syndicate, screwing around with people's health and welfare? Such would get up the back of at least two other conventions directly affected, if not all of them in short order. Unless it was an accident of course, some kind of unintended outcome. We're missing something..."
Anja wrote:"If my family is involved I can only speculate this is all about money, with my family it usually are."
Irene said with a sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:"Very well, for the vampire side let's assume it is straightforward money, or potential money. There is a virus, they sell the cure, they get money. But that still leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Still, if there's a cure somewhere, we need it as fast as possible." He frowned. He glanced at Irene. "You came here to discuss matters with your family, I assume. Given this information regarding this virus, I doubt you can stay totally...uninvolved given the circumstances, which is why you are here. Perhaps you can find out why they think this is a good way to make some cash, when so many other ways might be available to them...?"
Anja wrote:"I suspect that for my family it is about money yes. And you would be correct Sir I am here to discuss this with my family, trying to figure out what is going on."
Irene said then she sigh.
"I...do not want to get involved, but if it is between my Cabal and my family I have to choose my Cabal, I willingly gave the Traditions my loyalty but I hope it will not come to that. I will try to see what I can find out though and I am willing to share the answers I am given."
The death maga said then she shook her head.
"This whole situation is...unfortunate."
He grimaced, "I'm not too keen on the whole staking deal - if we can avoid that, all the better; if needs must be, though..."
He shook his head, "In any case, I do have a hypothesis for why the Giovanni might be interested in helping this plague; if there's something in how it kills that can be beneficial to their necromancers - perhaps by placing some manner of traceable tag on their souls - then it would make a lot of sense for a Clan of necromancers to consider it good business. Of course, that's not to say any such promises about results would have been truthful..."
He leaned back a little and looked at Irene, "I'll see what can be done to keep you out of any... confrontations. But, I'm just an Orphan, in a Cabal not in the highest of esteem with the Quaesitori in Boston, so my influence is... limited. Be careful, more so than usual, alright?"

((OOC: Ooog, TGIF. Helluva week.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next