Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

5 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:27 am

[Travelling]

Colin's Post:

'...or is the one who cooked up that fucking serum and is the one who fingered us Pluses in the Traditions.' Nicole cut in. 'Where is she based?' pulling out her cell phone.

Colin's Post:

'So... we're going out to Logan to see if someone reacts to their own name? Think I can be on solid ground on saying "yes they do".' clearly rolling her eyes. 'Next you're gonna tell me you don't even have a photo of 'em...'

Colin's Post:

'Fourth faction? What the fuck are you talking about?' this clearly being news to Nicole.

Colin's Post:

'A guess from pretty limited sample, that's all. And when you say "contagious", do you mean to everyone, or just ones with implants?' taking a good sip from her coffee.

Colin's Post:

'Don't know. Didn't get that far ahead. Thought you'd have someone with you who could...' clearly bridling a bit.

[Will point out according to Da Rules, you can't do a Medicine roll when on 0 due to it being a Knowledge one...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Adley Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:13 am

// also a good point, since I had forgotten that too. Either case at least the situation has not been altered, but I'll make a note so I don't forget next time.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:15 am

[Cafe]

'I don't know. That's why it's an "unknown unknown". We can't assume a single thing - even if this is an attack on us or simply we got caught in crossfire - until the picture is clearer. But we're having to make calls without the picture...'

"That is a good point Bouchard, we need to know more before we can say what is going on."
Ange said and nodded.

"Nope but your close. Like really really close. I don't mess with their emotions at all. At least not in my initial interpretation of what this rote does. They'll probably feel scared though, after they realize what exactly happened." Serge mused.

"Hum could the rote be creating a scary illusion near your enemies?"
Your Mentor asked.
"Or trap them in a nightmare?"

"Nah, that's the good part. Just a little bummed at another instance of 'Serge doesn't understand the real world.' Also the last thing you said doesn't bring me much joy either. The consensus is the reason why I can't throw this fork across the room and catch it on the other side without moving through the space in between."

"You are young kid, no one expect you to know everything."
Ange said then she sigh and nodded.
"Ah yes very much so, the Consensus are our biggest obstacle, I remember living in a mystic Paradigm in earlier lives and truth to be told that was allot of fun."
She said with a little grin.

"So it's a new faction with a bunch of tech haters?" Serge asked shaking his tired hand a little after drawing a bit too long without rest.

"That we do not know yet kid, they could love tech but attack those with implants as a means to an end."
Your Mentor said and frowned.

"So just a shitty situation all around...." Serge said with a sigh.

"Yeah that is true, a general shitty situation."
Ange agreed.
"But it will be sorted out.

[Back Ally]

He frowned, then nodded to her.

"Thank you."
The wounded Cultist muttered weakly.

"I'll go but someone's going to need to clean up," he said. He didn't say hurry, because he knew Narim was hurrying, but his voice was clipped in worry and haste. It would make things easier if he held the cat, rather than it freak out during teleportation and when a bunch of people came for his mistress but damn, she looked bad off. He held out his hands to the cat to pick him up and then waited for further instructions. Helena had the car and could grab him then they could continue to drop of Stephen and get back to the airport. And someone might need to take care of Noodle, anyway, for now at least. He hoped the woman would make it.

"I will handle clean up, just focus on the wonded person."
Narim said. Noodle let you pick him up and he leaned his head against you, the cat was afraid for his mistress and you could feel his stubby little body shaking.

After a few moments you simply stood in Riverside's ample gardens, Narim had outdone himself, you hardly felt being teleported, he had clearly attempted to be gentle not to harm the wounded woman. Noodle made a bit of a meeping sound but he did not panic, perhaps he had been teleported before.

Chantry Riverside had a large garden, you saw a patio with garden chairs and a BBQ, several sheds, the small house which was Lars' workshop and a beautiful old oak made the center of the garden, it was a well usd garden with now covered flower beds and herb patches.

Two woman you knew where Verbena came rushing to help the wounded Enforcer, you think they where named Lillian Storm, a small black woman with long braids and a pretty smile, you think she is the Deacon Prima of Riverside's daugther. The second woman where tall and thin, she had your Mentor's colorings and she was quite pretty, you had heard her called Noor but did ot know the rest of her name, a scarf where thrown around her hair which matched her colorful robes.
"We will care for her, thank you."
Noor said as she knelt down by the Cultist's side.

The Deacon Prima of Riverside herelf came walkig, she was a rather plump woman wit skin as dark as that of Ernje, her hair where completely white and it was bunned on the top of her head. The woan looked like she was at least 90 and she walked with a cane.
"Mr Roth Hicks, it seams we owe you for saving the lives of our Chantrymate."
The old woman you had just heard referred to as Grandmother Dorothea.
"Let us let the Verbena work while we go inside and check that dear little noddle is ok."
The old woman said.

(OOC: Let us say they are fairly synced just for simplicity's sake. Ah yes I ha forgotte that, you will find I know the setting better than the rules. No a rolled 5 will no do much but at least the Enforcerer are still alive. Oh and thank you. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:18 am

[Travelling]
Nicole wrote:'...or is the one who cooked up that fucking serum and is the one who fingered us Pluses in the Traditions.' Nicole cut in. 'Where is she based?' pulling out her cell phone.
Colin shrugged, "Chicago, I believe; Adley's the one with the intel. And I frankly doubt she's good enough to have cooked up this shit, or fingered all the Pluses. But if she is... well..."

Nicole wrote:'So... we're going out to Logan to see if someone reacts to their own name? Think I can be on solid ground on saying "yes they do".' clearly rolling her eyes. 'Next you're gonna tell me you don't even have a photo of 'em...'
He smiled wryly, "How did you guess? Adley might have acquired a photo, though, and he and his big sister will be joining us there."

Nicole wrote:'Fourth faction? What the fuck are you talking about?' this clearly being news to Nicole.
He arched an eyebrow, "Oh, damn, right, you weren't there... I received word that there is a fourth faction building up in the region - Awakened, but not joining the Traditions, the Union or the Nephandi. Right now, unfortunately, that's all we know, but it does seem like this group does have some modest resources and abilities, and are engaging in... dirty tactics toward unknown goals."

Nicole wrote:'A guess from pretty limited sample, that's all. And when you say "contagious", do you mean to everyone, or just ones with implants?' taking a good sip from her coffee.
He frowned, "Don't know yet... It seems quite plausible that it might spread to everyone, but everyone... 'nonplussed' will merely be a carrier with no ill effects."

Nicole wrote:'Don't know. Didn't get that far ahead. Thought you'd have someone with you who could...' clearly bridling a bit.
He smiled wryly, "Ah, sorry, fresh out - didn't consider the need for that, heading to the mundane side. But, we might be lucky, and Adley's sister can help."

((OOC: Magic tournament today, so I'll be offline most of the day.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:24 am

[Travelling]

Colin's Post:

'Well, let's find out...' dialling Baynes' number...

Colin's Post:

'And what are we doing later - discovering if bears shit in the woods?' tone making it clear she considered this mission a waste of time.

Colin's Post:

'Got any evidence this new group is behind it?'

Colin's Post:

'Could simply be the effect of natural mutation, not sinister plan. Again, how do you know it's spreading?'

Colin's Post:

'We can call in to base, get someone who can to meet us there. Plus, they can bring another car or something so we can actually track this Giovanni or something.'

[Cafe]

Anja's Post:

'And there's the sticky point. We can't afford to play the "wait and see" game. Calls have to be made, with not much to go on except guesses and suspicions.' Nicole replied, ending with a sigh.

[Happy Birthday, Great One!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:57 am

[Cafe]

"This is true."
Ange said and she frowned.
"what worries me though is that if we act without knowing more we might end up just making it worse."
The older Cultist said.
"But yes just sitting on our hands and doing nothing is not a good idea either, it will allow however is behind this to get ahead."
She said and frowned.
"I hope you have soe leads to go on at least."

(OOC: Thank you. And good luck with the tournament Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:36 pm

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Hum could the rote be creating a scary illusion near your enemies?"
Your Mentor asked.
"Or trap them in a nightmare?"

"In a vacuum the illusion they see isn't that scary. It has a specific purpose. And their still moving around in the real world so no nightmare trapping." Serge said with a sly smile. "Do you know that feeling of when your trying to find the tv remote and keys. And you keep looking and looking and looking and you just can't seem to find it. Only to realize it was in your hand and you had completely ignored it? It sorta like that."

Anja wrote:"You are young kid, no one expect you to know everything."
Ange said then she sigh and nodded.
"Ah yes very much so, the Consensus are our biggest obstacle, I remember living in a mystic Paradigm in earlier lives and truth to be told that was allot of fun."
She said with a little grin.

"Would be nice to be right about something once in a while though." Serge said with a chuckle. "What sorta things did you do while you were living in a mystic paradigm? Do you remember?"

(OOC: Happy Birthday Anja!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:16 pm

[Cafe]

"In a vacuum the illusion they see isn't that scary. It has a specific purpose. And their still moving around in the real world so no nightmare trapping." Serge said with a sly smile. "Do you know that feeling of when your trying to find the tv remote and keys. And you keep looking and looking and looking and you just can't seem to find it. Only to realize it was in your hand and you had completely ignored it? It sorta like that."

"So this rote makes someone absent minded?"
Ange asked and she seamed a bit confused.

"Would be nice to be right about something once in a while though." Serge said with a chuckle. "What sorta things did you do while you were living in a mystic paradigm? Do you remember?"

"That will come with age and experience kid."
Your Mentor said and she sounded amused.
"You need to have patience, as for my former lives yes I remember a few things, working spells that would cause considerably Paradox out in the open, there was a freedom in that."
She said and smiled.
"Though I guess the living standards for sleepers are better now."

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:44 pm

[Back Ally]

"I will handle clean up, just focus on the wonded person." Narim said. Noodle let you pick him up and he leaned his head against you

"Ready," he said. "Here we go," he said, and then in a blink of an eye he was Riverside. He hadn't felt anything. He gave the cat a bit of a pet, glad that it hadn't tried to maul him in panic, glancing around to see if help was on its way.

"We will care for her, thank you."
Noor said as she knelt down by the Cultist's side.

"Thank goodness," he said, and took a step back to let the healers work. He said to the Enforcer, "I'm going to take your friend inside, take care of him like you said..."

"Mr Roth Hicks, it seams we owe you for saving the lives of our Chantrymate."
The old woman you had just heard referred to as Grandmother Dorothea.
"Let us let the Verbena work while we go inside and check that dear little noddle is ok."
The old woman said.

"We just happened to be going that way. I hope they can save her," he said, walking along with her. He glanced back once with a worried frown and then headed inside. "Yeah, I need to clean up too, please ma'am...I was actually on my way somewhere else, and I am unfortunately on a time crunch." He frowned, looking down at the cat. He waited though till they were inside, knowing that she needed to know what the hell he had seen in the alley - someone tried to kill an Enforcer.

// have fun Warp

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:03 pm

[Riverside]

"Ready," he said. "Here we go," he said, and then in a blink of an eye he was Riverside. He hadn't felt anything. He gave the cat a bit of a pet, glad that it hadn't tried to maul him in panic, glancing around to see if help was on its way.

Noodle gave you a concerned look the little cat was worried but he did not move just looked at you with big, soulful eyes.

"Thank goodness," he said, and took a step back to let the healers work. He said to the Enforcer, "I'm going to take your friend inside, take care of him like you said..."

The Enforcer gave you a grateful look and she managed a weak smile even if she did not manage to say much before the two Verbena started slicing open their own arms and started their working to try to heal their wounded Chantrymate.

"We just happened to be going that way. I hope they can save her," he said, walking along with her. He glanced back once with a worried frown and then headed inside. "Yeah, I need to clean up too, please ma'am...I was actually on my way somewhere else, and I am unfortunately on a time crunch." He frowned, looking down at the cat. He waited though till they were inside, knowing that she needed to know what the hell he had seen in the alley - someone tried to kill an Enforcer.

"I can see you are in a hurry Mr Roth Hicks and please use one of our bathrooms, there is one right through there second door on the left to get yourself cleaned up and I will help little Noddle with his fur, but before that I have to ask do you know what happened, who attacked Miss Bourgarde and her familiar? I would ask you to speak with our chief of security but she is serving Riverside in that capacity so I would appreciate it if you talk with me."
Grandmother Dorothea said as she lead he way into an oldfashioned kitchen with painted yellow walls and lace curtains, she went to the fridge and found some lactose free milk and filled some on a plate for noodle before wetting a cloth so she could wash him while he had his treat. Noodle looked at you, not sure if he wanted to let go of the one source of safety he had found after his traumatic experience and he maued pitifully.
"Aww the poor dear."
Grandmother Dorothea said and frowned.
"Poor little dear."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:09 pm

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"So this rote makes someone absent minded?"
Ange asked and she seamed a bit confused.

"That's three guesses." Serge said with a smile. "It makes the target unable to find the exit within a given room. An illusion will hide any ways of escaping and minor mental obfuscation will cause them to subconsciously ignore exits if they tried to look for them. It based on the trope of the an inescapable room, where the victims are frantically trying to escape some horror but just can't seem to find an exit."

" I was being kinda mean. Your first two guesses were quite close. So I'll just say you win this round. That's a perfect run Ange! Congratulations!"

Anja wrote:"That will come with age and experience kid."
Your Mentor said and she sounded amused.
"You need to have patience, as for my former lives yes I remember a few things, working spells that would cause considerably Paradox out in the open, there was a freedom in that."
She said and smiled.
"Though I guess the living standards for sleepers are better now.

"Always with the patience." Serge said with a sigh. "Can you remember any of the cool paradoxical spells in detail? Did you cause brooms to sweep up on their own? Or the dishes to wash themselves? Or cause trees to uproot themselves and start dancing, using their roots as feet?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:46 pm

"I can see you are in a hurry Mr Roth Hicks and please use one of our bathrooms, there is one right through there second door on the left to get yourself cleaned up and I will help little Noddle with his fur, but before that I have to ask do you know what happened, who attacked Miss Bourgarde and her familiar? I would ask you to speak with our chief of security but she is serving Riverside in that capacity so I would appreciate it if you talk with me."

"Of course, ma'am I understand. But I don't know who attacked her, I came after it had already happened. It looked like a pretty bad fight, numerous shots all over the place. I can ask the person doing cleanup to try to get some of the bullets or something?" he said, as the idea came to him. He began methodically scrubbing the blood off of him and checking to see if any had gotten elsewhere on him from the cat. After he was as sure as he could be he got off the blood, he destroyed the arcane links left that had gone down the drain, on the kitty and on the washcloth, just to be sure. He gave the cat a pat on the head, then he pulled his phone up and frowned at Colin's message. "Pardon, ma'am, just updating..."

He made a quick text to his sister Helena first: 'Pls meet me at (x) street crossing, text me when you arrive. I will explain later. he requested, not giving the direct address of the chantry but a corner store or similar nearby.

To Colin, his pater and Narim he wrote: 'Important delay in progress (pater pls speak with our friend gifted in computers, personally). I think I can still make said rendezvous, will text when I arrive but making pitstop home first. Here is the description I received, just in case.' He copied and texted the description of the woman.

// P2 arcane links spell: 2, 0, 2

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:08 pm

[Travelling]
Nicole wrote:'And what are we doing later - discovering if bears shit in the woods?' tone making it clear she considered this mission a waste of time.
Colin grinned, "Well, if you feel it's vital to know that, I suppose you could ask Master Nassa. More seriously, though, we've got something of a shortage of clues we can follow, and right now, the timing say we try to collect the Giovanni girl, or track her to her destination if retrieval turns out to be impractical."

Nicole wrote:'Got any evidence this new group is behind it?'
He shrugged, "Only circumstantial at best, I'm afraid - but it's the best we have to work with."

Nicole wrote:'Could simply be the effect of natural mutation, not sinister plan. Again, how do you know it's spreading?'
He shook his head, "Could be natural mutation, except it seems fairly certain this stuff is not natural to begin with... and it was our dear Dr. Terlitzer who let us know she'd caught on to changes, and that it seems the stuff may be becoming contagious. I've let Hadermann know, so he's spreading the word to your colleagues, and I've sent word to my contact in the University hospital. I expect quarantine protocols are about to be rolled out."

Nicole wrote:'We can call in to base, get someone who can to meet us there. Plus, they can bring another car or something so we can actually track this Giovanni or something.'
He nodded, "Adley and his sister are in another car, but you're right, best see if we have someone available who can get you through to the shadow side of things while we're there. Go ahead and check with the Chief."

S7trif3 wrote:To Colin, his pater and Narim he wrote: 'Important delay in progress (pater pls speak with our friend gifted in computers, personally). I think I can still make said rendezvous, will text when I arrive but making pitstop home first. Here is the description I received, just in case.' He copied and texted the description of the woman.
He frowned and pulled his phone out, handing it to Nicole, "Can't read while driving - would you be so kind? Might be urgent."

((OOC: Yeah, Happy Birthday, Anja. Tournament went as well as could be expected - which is to say, not really at all. Razz But hey, I still scored tournament points for the day. And got to test the deck. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:58 pm

[Travelling]

Nicole's Post:

Having selected the number, Nicole waited for Baynes in Detroit to answer his phone...

Colin's Post:

'Natural mutation of an artificial disease. Some of the most deadly ones come from when somebody catches something when they've already got something else, and it causes them to change. Nothing saying this is what we're seeing now.'

Colin's Post:

'A pointless task. The only situation where this Giovanni woman will come with us willingly is if she is innocent. Much better to tail the car or cab she gets once out of the airport, then perform a snatch-job at a set of traffic lights or something. Though... get me close enough, I can get her to suddenly collapse, so we can "help our friend" out to the car.'

Colin's Post:

A nod to this, and selected the Chief's number...

Colin's Post:

Adley's Post:

Nicole read this out, ending with a raised eyebrow. 'Illuminating as ever, Porcupine.' she muttered.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:48 pm

[Cafe]

"That's three guesses." Serge said with a smile. "It makes the target unable to find the exit within a given room. An illusion will hide any ways of escaping and minor mental obfuscation will cause them to subconsciously ignore exits if they tried to look for them. It based on the trope of the an inescapable room, where the victims are frantically trying to escape some horror but just can't seem to find an exit."

" I was being kinda mean. Your first two guesses were quite close. So I'll just say you win this round. That's a perfect run Ange! Congratulations!"

"That is actually a very clever way to imprison someone and hold them until help arrives."
Ange said then she smiled.
"Well you made good names for your rotes kid."

"Always with the patience." Serge said with a sigh. "Can you remember any of the cool paradoxical spells in detail? Did you cause brooms to sweep up on their own? Or the dishes to wash themselves? Or cause trees to uproot themselves and start dancing, using their roots as feet?"

"No but I sprayed fire on my enemies, created golems and teleported around with no fear of Paradox. I do not remember the spells exactly but I do remember living in older times when it was easer by far to cast magick."
Ange said and she smiled.
"But yes kid, at times patience are needed."

[Riverside]

"Of course, ma'am I understand. But I don't know who attacked her, I came after it had already happened. It looked like a pretty bad fight, numerous shots all over the place. I can ask the person doing cleanup to try to get some of the bullets or something?" he said, as the idea came to him. He began methodically scrubbing the blood off of him and checking to see if any had gotten elsewhere on him from the cat. After he was as sure as he could be he got off the blood, he destroyed the arcane links left that had gone down the drain, on the kitty and on the washcloth, just to be sure. He gave the cat a pat on the head, then he pulled his phone up and frowned at Colin's message. "Pardon, ma'am, just updating..."

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks, yes bullets would be good, I would also know exactly where this was in case scrying in the area can illuminate the issue."
The old Deaconess said. Noodle clung to you as you washed your hands, luckily blood had not gotten anywhere else as it had dried from Noodle's fur before you picked him up. Grandmother Dorothea tried to get the cat interested in milk and other treats she found from cabinets but Noddle would not let go of you and he made sore little sounds sounding almost like he was crying and he was still shaking.
"I guess that until the Enforcer recovers...if she recovers then Noodle is the only witness."
The old Deaconess said.
"I can take him of you if he is bothering you young man."
She said then she nodded when you excused yourself.
"Yes off course."

He made a quick text to his sister Helena first: 'Pls meet me at (x) street crossing, text me when you arrive. I will explain later. he requested, not giving the direct address of the chantry but a corner store or similar nearby.

You got a reply back from Helena which simply said.
"We are on our way, my GPS say I will arrive in 7 minutes."

To Colin, his pater and Narim he wrote: 'Important delay in progress (pater pls speak with our friend gifted in computers, personally). I think I can still make said rendezvous, will text when I arrive but making pitstop home first. Here is the description I received, just in case.' He copied and texted the description of the woman.

You got a reply from Jeffry which said.

"To Mea Filius
From JM
I will do so, I will contact him at once, stay safe.
Be Well
JM."

[Travelling]

Having selected the number, Nicole waited for Baynes in Detroit to answer his phone...

After a few rings Baynes answered his phone you heard the distinct sound of boiling coffee in the background.
"Yeah it is me."
The other Etherite said.

A nod to this, and selected the Chief's number...

Jeffry replied quickly.
"This is Morgan, what can I help you with?"
He asked.

(OOC: Thank you. I am glad the tournament went well. I will I dared to attend them.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:59 pm

[Riverside]

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks, yes bullets would be good, I would also know exactly where this was in case scrying in the area can illuminate the issue." The old Deaconess said. Noodle clung to you as you washed your hands, luckily blood had not gotten anywhere else as it had dried from Noodle's fur before you picked him up. Grandmother Dorothea tried to get the cat interested in milk and other treats she found from cabinets but Noddle would not let go of you and he made sore little sounds sounding almost like he was crying and he was still shaking.
"I guess that until the Enforcer recovers...if she recovers then Noodle is the only witness."
The old Deaconess said.
"I can take him of you if he is bothering you young man."

"He's not bothering me," he reassured her. "Here lemme call...the cat is terrified," he said and dialed Narim back up to see if he could recover anything. "I had asked someone about clean up figuring it would be worse to leave her blood there but I didn't think about collecting evidence, given the situation severity."

After that, he said to the Deaconess, "It's a good thing that the cat wasn't noticed. She asked me to take care of him, if there's no one here that can, or you think it might be safer, I can bring him to my chantry and ask someone to look over him. I'm not sure how we can determine what the cat knows, but we can ask his spirit I suppose? Though I know it may be more comforting to them to keep them together through all this. Still, this...really doesn't bode well." He read the messages and nodded to himself, it would take a couple to get to the meeting point but he had a few to help sort things out.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:02 pm

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'Need a favour, sir - contact details for a senior Scientist in Chicago, the kind who'd know most of the Society within the city. Got a lead on the attacks, and need to follow it up ASAP.'

Anja's Post:

'We're moving towards Logan to intercept, sir. Request that someone who can get over to the Port there meets us there. If possible, could they go into my apartment and get the purple coat hanging on the bedroom door and bring it with them?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:19 pm

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"That is actually a very clever way to imprison someone and hold them until help arrives."
Ange said then she smiled.
"Well you made good names for your rotes kid."

Serge seemed to light up when Ange complimented the rote, as he was almost certain that the last rote would've caused another lecture in the ethicality of magick.

"Naming is one of my favorite parts of creating a rote. Although the name for the second one is so bad. I made it up right now. I had the idea for the third one for a while and the first one names itself." Serge said chuckling. " 'See the Courtier's Web'? Makes it sound like I'm seeing the emotional connections of one person rather than everyone in a room. I wanted to use the word 'web' cause that's sorta what seeing all those branching emotional connection are like. And I used the word 'Courtier' because I wanted to evoke the image of a king's royal advisor attending court. Shrewd and diplomatic and capable of reading a situation and seeing where people's allegiances lie. But the two sorta got jumbled up together. Maybe a better name would've been 'Eyes of the Courtier' ?"

Anja wrote:"No but I sprayed fire on my enemies, created golems and teleported around with no fear of Paradox. I do not remember the spells exactly but I do remember living in older times when it was easer by far to cast magick."
Ange said and she smiled.
"But yes kid, at times patience are needed."

"Oh that's so cool....the golem and teleportation parts I mean." Serge said, although he thought the burning of enemies was pretty neat as well. "So you can remember past lives? That's pretty nifty. I wonder what I was like in a past life?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:53 am

[Riverside]

"He's not bothering me," he reassured her. "Here lemme call...the cat is terrified," he said and dialed Narim back up to see if he could recover anything. "I had asked someone about clean up figuring it would be worse to leave her blood there but I didn't think about collecting evidence, given the situation severity."

"Very well, yes he is scared the poor dear."
Grandmother Dorothea said.
Narim picked up the call quickly.
"Hi...did you arrive safely Adley."

After that, he said to the Deaconess, "It's a good thing that the cat wasn't noticed. She asked me to take care of him, if there's no one here that can, or you think it might be safer, I can bring him to my chantry and ask someone to look over him. I'm not sure how we can determine what the cat knows, but we can ask his spirit I suppose? Though I know it may be more comforting to them to keep them together through all this. Still, this...really doesn't bode well." He read the messages and nodded to himself, it would take a couple to get to the meeting point but he had a few to help sort things out.

"We would certinly not mind taking care of Noodle until his mistress revocers, this is his home but at the same time he have taken a liking to you Mir Roth Hicks and Chantry Steelhaven Hall do have better security than we do. I am sure the two of them would like to be together though, hum..."
The old Deaconess said.
"It is quite possible to speak with him, he is both animal and Umbrood, especially for a member of your own Tradition, you do speak his language."

[Travelling]

'Need a favour, sir - contact details for a senior Scientist in Chicago, the kind who'd know most of the Society within the city. Got a lead on the attacks, and need to follow it up ASAP.'

"Hum...let me think, the senior Scientist in Chicago would be Dr Madeline Rose....one moment, yes I have her number I will send it to you when you hang up on this call."
Baynes said.

We're moving towards Logan to intercept, sir. Request that someone who can get over to the Port there meets us there. If possible, could they go into my apartment and get the purple coat hanging on the bedroom door and bring it with them?'

"I am sending my two students to help out, do you think more is needed than those two. If they come by here before they go to the airport I will ask them to get your coat."
Jeffry replied.

[Cafe]

Serge seemed to light up when Ange complimented the rote, as he was almost certain that the last rote would've caused another lecture in the ethicality of magick.

"Naming is one of my favorite parts of creating a rote. Although the name for the second one is so bad. I made it up right now. I had the idea for the third one for a while and the first one names itself." Serge said chuckling. " 'See the Courtier's Web'? Makes it sound like I'm seeing the emotional connections of one person rather than everyone in a room. I wanted to use the word 'web' cause that's sorta what seeing all those branching emotional connection are like. And I used the word 'Courtier' because I wanted to evoke the image of a king's royal advisor attending court. Shrewd and diplomatic and capable of reading a situation and seeing where people's allegiances lie. But the two sorta got jumbled up together. Maybe a better name would've been 'Eyes of the Courtier' ?"

"Well a courtier would be any member of the court and not just the King's advisor, it is a bit of a confusing name as it sounds more like some scheme than reading the connections between people present."
Your Mentor said.
"As for the last rote it could be good if you have to defend yourself, especially if you have to defend yourself against someone you do not wish to kill, off course use it only when under attack or you need to take an enemy captive but to that it would be quite useful."
She said and nodded.

"Oh that's so cool....the golem and teleportation parts I mean." Serge said, although he thought the burning of enemies was pretty neat as well. "So you can remember past lives? That's pretty nifty. I wonder what I was like in a past life?"

"I have memories of a few past lives actually."
Ange said and smiled.
"As for you, I don't know but you could always ask your Avatar in a meditation, but chances are it do not think you need to remember at this time."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:47 am

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Well a courtier would be any member of the court and not just the King's advisor, it is a bit of a confusing name as it sounds more like some scheme than reading the connections between people present."
Your Mentor said.
"As for the last rote it could be good if you have to defend yourself, especially if you have to defend yourself against someone you do not wish to kill, off course use it only when under attack or you need to take an enemy captive but to that it would be quite useful."
She said and nodded.

"Don't know how effective it really is though. I can speculate all I want but if everyone I run into has a mind shield than it's kinda a mute point." Serge commented. "That's just me being depressing though. Still think it's a sick rote. You wanna continue the game? It'd be your turn to showcase the rotes this time."

Anja wrote:"I have memories of a few past lives actually."
Ange said and smiled.
"As for you, I don't know but you could always ask your Avatar in a meditation, but chances are it do not think you need to remember at this time."

" I doubt he'd ever tell me. My Avatar's content with leaving me alone most of the time." Serge said evenly, unsure of whether to feel happy or saddened by that fact. "Don't even know what he looks like. Everyone's always mentioning how cool their Avatar's look and it seems like my Avatar has a different appearance in the few times I get to see him."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:58 am

[Cafe]

"Don't know how effective it really is though. I can speculate all I want but if everyone I run into has a mind shield than it's kinda a mute point." Serge commented. "That's just me being depressing though. Still think it's a sick rote. You wanna continue the game? It'd be your turn to showcase the rotes this time."

"Well it is always a risk when it comes to using magick as a weapon against another mage, they are not just passively going to st and take it, and might have wards of some kind making your magick harder, at least your rote is worth a try and it might work well."
Ange said.

" I doubt he'd ever tell me. My Avatar's content with leaving me alone most of the time." Serge said evenly, unsure of whether to feel happy or saddened by that fact. "Don't even know what he looks like. Everyone's always mentioning how cool their Avatar's look and it seems like my Avatar has a different appearance in the few times I get to see him."

"Our Avatars are our teachers and guides tey do not really have a form we can really understand Serge, or so go one theory anyway, but they appear in a form most suited to teac us what we need to learn. You are quite dynamic so it makes sense your Avatar would be as well."
Your Mentor said and smiled.
"But you can ask him furter in meditation and also ask about past lives and you will see if he will speak with you."
She said then she smiled a little.
"Anyways more rotes let me think...ah off course these three. The Dance of Passion...The Velvet Path...and Shadow Perspectives."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 am

[Travelling]
Nicole wrote:'Natural mutation of an artificial disease. Some of the most deadly ones come from when somebody catches something when they've already got something else, and it causes them to change. Nothing saying this is what we're seeing now.'
Colin nodded, "Point... I wouldn't bet on it, though. I think it's more likely this change is by design."

Nicole wrote:'A pointless task. The only situation where this Giovanni woman will come with us willingly is if she is innocent. Much better to tail the car or cab she gets once out of the airport, then perform a snatch-job at a set of traffic lights or something. Though... get me close enough, I can get her to suddenly collapse, so we can "help our friend" out to the car.'
He smiled wryly, "Well, I would hope she's innocent - she'll not want to become a vampire, after all, so she may yet be convinced to come along for her own protection. Your plan B, though - I can live with that. Just remember, though, if we have to help our friend out to the car, you are responsible for searching her for weapons and tools, just in case. And no, it is not a pointless task; we still need visual confirmation of her, after all."

Nicole wrote:Nicole read this out, ending with a raised eyebrow. 'Illuminating as ever, Porcupine.' she muttered.
He arched an eyebrow, "Por... ah, well, we have a description for now, at least. Makes me wonder what the important delay is, though..."

((OOC: So, off to birthday party today, probably not going to be posting much today. Razz ))

((OOC2: And yeah, the tournament yesterday didn't exactly go "well"... I only won one round because I didn't have an opponent that round. Otherwise, I mostly lost 2-0, except the last matchup, where I managed to squeeze out a 2-1 loss. Razz ))

((OOC3: Ooops, I misread that line. my bad; fixed now. Razz ))

Last edited by Warpmind on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:41 am

(OOC: I do think Nicole read up what Adley's message said. (Nicole read this out, ending with a raised eyebrow. )

(OOC 2: I will be in that birthday party as well, as it is my own so I will probably be off for most of the day as well. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 am

[Travelling]

Anja's Post:

'Thanks, sir.' Nicole replied, then ended the call.

Anja's Post:

'A covert capture in a airport terminal, it is; might see a road pursuit - can they come in the pool Subaru?' a short pause then turned to Colin:

'You packing?'

Colin's Post:

'The hows not important right now.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug. 'Just that we can't blame everything on 'em straight off.'

Colin's Post:

'I hope she ain't. Otherwise, got some explaining to do to her if I pull off what I'm planning.' Nicole replied with a little smirk. 'You mentioned picking up some serum or something?'

[Great One is right - Nicole read it out - quote box just above where she commented about Porcupine]

[Birthday party? Why wasn't I invited? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:24 am

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Well it is always a risk when it comes to using magick as a weapon against another mage, they are not just passively going to sit and take it, and might have wards of some kind making your magick harder, at least your rote is worth a try and it might work well."
Ange said.

"Yeah, I know. Better to try and fail than to not have tried at all." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"Our Avatars are our teachers and guides they do not really have a form we can really understand Serge, or so go one theory anyway, but they appear in a form most suited to teach us what we need to learn. You are quite dynamic so it makes sense your Avatar would be as well."
Your Mentor said and smiled.
"But you can ask him furter in meditation and also ask about past lives and you will see if he will speak with you."
She said then she smiled a little.

"Fair enough. It does make every meeting with him more interesting and unpredictable, even if's little harder to draw him." Serge said with a smile. "I might do that meditation later. Could help to clear my mind out a bit."

Anja wrote:"Anyways more rotes let me think...ah off course these three. The Dance of Passion...The Velvet Path...and Shadow Perspectives."

"What creative writing class did you take? All your rotes sound so much better than mine. I don't even have a rote with 'shadow' in it's name yet. I should really create a 'shadow' rote." Serge said as he saw the new selection of rotes.

"Let's see. We start from the top. Dance of Passion is probably a dance. But what does it do...what does it do....does it do..." he began murmuring to himself as he tried to think of possible effects a rote like that would have. "A dance imbued with the full extent of your creative passion? Causing viewers to be enamored and maintain their gaze on you?"

(OOC Have fun at the party you guys! Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next