Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

5 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:18 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Ehm questioned later Sir? I only spoke with Gwen when running an errand to Chantry Riverside for my teacher. We just talked."
Alicia said sounding confused.
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned deeper at that, looking troubled at the turn of the conversation.
Colin shook his head, "It's probably nothing... For now, I think the most important is that you stay a good friend to her. Forget I mentioned it."

Anja wrote:"Hum...would you be willing to help me with something regarding Miss Bouchard Mr Wainwright? Ah...to explain, like with the Order of Hermes the Sons of Ether have our internal ranking system. However this ranking system discriminate heavily against those of her faction within our Tradition, favoring instead those of more scholarly groups who publish research. There are however ways around that I want to achieve a field promotion for you Cabalmate, I will offer to sponsor her for the promotion but I will require the testimony of her superior to speak before her peers about her merit. I have not mentioned this to Miss Bouchard about this yet as I do not want to embitter her to the Sons of Ether if the promotion proves not possible to achieve. I would appreciate your help though."
Dr Hadermann requested and he glanced over at you for a moment before he returned to his tasks.
He nodded, "Very well, Sir, I will compile a concise assessment of her abilities, as accurate and truthful as possible. Will I be expected to bring up any issues that might adversely affect her possible promotion, as well, or simply omit any such details unless specifically asked? As a matter of protocol, I mean."

Anja wrote:"Yes I do know of hi...ehm her...Dr Mossley was it? She is quite skilled in he field. I might consider sending her a letter asking some questions about the serum. But no accusations can not be made against anyone without proof Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Dr. Mossly is quite remarkable, yes. And I am quite aware of the burden of proof."

Anja wrote:"I will wait until I can do so then, I do hope a local anesthetic will be applicable though as a lumbar puncture can be quite uncomfortable unless such are applied, especially in someone with a BMI over what is recommended, which makes it far harder to place the needle perfectly."
Dr Hadermann said and frowned.
"Well I guess it will have to do in either case."
He frowned, "Quite... I'm afraid parts of her spinal cord may be... immune to anesthesia, though, which is... a bit of a problem. Though I'm not sure how extensive that may be."

Anja wrote:The old Etherite pushed a box full of individually sealed sanitary wipes over to you without saying anything. About that time though there was another knock on the door and Alicia went to open it, the apprentice soon returned with Freddy in two. The Virtual Adept gave you a smile.
"Hi Adley."
She said and she tried to sound cheerful but you could see that was an act before she went over to Colin.
"I would kiss you love, I have been tested and found to be clean but was told not to touch anyone who have not gotten themselves tested yet...though I am tempted to break that order."
She said. Dr Hadermann raised an eyebrow.
"Welcome Miss Adldebloom, please curb that impulse until Mr Wainwright have been confirmed clean as well."
He said and Freddy gave him a polite bow.
"Good day Dr Hadermann. I will try."
She said wryly.
He grinned, "Hello, luv, I guess we will have to curb our enthusiasm for a few more minutes, at least... I may have become infected from handling the hairs of a few afflicted individuals. I'll need to get myself swiftly examined, I'm afraid."
He paused, "Though, if you've been touching Joe, that might imply you're quite immune... Hum... Oh, yes, Dr. Hadermann, I had a thought on the way here - the way the disease has been changing to become infectious, might that not resemble a piece of software unpacking itself, like an installation program?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:06 am

[Westchapel]

Colin shook his head, "It's probably nothing... For now, I think the most important is that you stay a good friend to her. Forget I mentioned it."

"Very well Sir..I will continue to just be a friend to Gwen then."
Alicia said and nodded.

He nodded, "Very well, Sir, I will compile a concise assessment of her abilities, as accurate and truthful as possible. Will I be expected to bring up any issues that might adversely affect her possible promotion, as well, or simply omit any such details unless specifically asked? As a matter of protocol, I mean."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, please be honest and do address both the positive and the negative, it is important to show the promotion board the entire picture."
Dr Hadermann said firmly.
"Miss Bouchad is an Adventurer, so how she function in the field will have to be the main focus."
He said.

He nodded, "Dr. Mossly is quite remarkable, yes. And I am quite aware of the burden of proof."

"Yes D Mossly off course, yes she is quite skilled with her work indeed."
The Etherite agreed.

He frowned, "Quite... I'm afraid parts of her spinal cord may be... immune to anesthesia, though, which is... a bit of a problem. Though I'm not sure how extensive that may be."

"I am going to have to ask her then, Miss Adlebloom I mean, about the extent of the problem, I o hope she will still be willing to cooperate though if I am going to stop this I need to examine her spinal fluids."

He grinned, "Hello, luv, I guess we will have to curb our enthusiasm for a few more minutes, at least... I may have become infected from handling the hairs of a few afflicted individuals. I'll need to get myself swiftly examined, I'm afraid."

"But how can I keep my hands of you love?"
Freddy protested. Dr Hadermann raised an eyebrow.
"I can certainly ask my student Alicia to handle such testing now Miss Adlebloom, or Mr Wainwright can wait until he is back to Steelhaven hall but I would not advice touching him until a time where such is done, we do not yet know how this illness spread."
He said and the Virtual Adept sigh.
"I will have to sit on my hands then."

He paused, "Though, if you've been touching Joe, that might imply you're quite immune...

"I have been touching Joe...my uncle is infected and so are the staff of Moningstar's infirmary but not me, they checked twice."
Freddy said and Dr Haermann raised an eyebrow.
"Interesting, would you mind if I draw some blood as well Miss Alebloom?"
He asked and Feddy shrugged.
"No whatever you need Sir."
The old Etherite nodded.
"Very well, if we are using anesthetic for the lumbar puncture we should apply that now then while I do other examinations."
He said while applying a fresh set of gloves. Freddy sigh.
"I am afraid that will not be much point in doctor, most of my spine is...unresponsive to most drugs."
Dr Hadermann nodded at that.
"I could try to arrange for a general anesthetic then if you wish Miss."
He offered but Freddy shook her head again.
"No that is ok, allot of people do lumbar punctures without pain relief, if I am lucky the needle just go right in and it is not that bad, and I will try not to bawl like a baby if you hit a nerve...ehm where do you want me?"
She said and The Etherite indicated the paper covered table which Freddy got up on less than elegantly, she was not the most physical person and she laid down and curled up as best she could.
"I would appreciate something to bite into though, if I am lucky all I will really feel is sharp pressure but if I am not I would prefer not to make a fool of myself."
She said and Dr Hadermann nodded.
"Ah yes...off course Miss Adlebloom."
He muttered as he went gather the needed supplies from another cabinet, changing gloves again after he had found them.

Hum... Oh, yes, Dr. Hadermann, I had a thought on the way here - the way the disease has been changing to become infectious, might that not resemble a piece of software unpacking itself, like an installation program?"

"I had not thought of that Mr Wainwright but you are completely right, the illness do have some similarities to a computer program, I am going to have to discuss that with some of our Virtual Adepts then."
He said as he got his equipment ready.
"Ah yes if you are Miss Bouchard's partner you might wish to go to my kitchen for a cup of tea while I do this, there might be...sounds."
Dr Hadermann advices.
"An allot of swearing in German."
Freddy added wryly she looked a little nervous but she had done this allot of times and did not seam to be in any distress.

[Fenway]

Nicole nodded to this and parked up. Killed the engine and got out, grabbing her rucksack before locking the car.

Helena got out of the car as well and joined you.
"Just taking a walk around the building then?"
She asked.

[On the way to the training room]

Serge nodded, "Yup. I'm gonna be channeling my inner Verbana. Literally. I'm sparring with a Verbana." he said chuckling a little.

"Sounds like you are going to be poked holes into."
Stephen said with a grin.
"Verbena are usually scary good with their daggers."

"Thanks, I definitely need all the luck I can get. All the knowledge in the world doesn't stop me from getting tired and collapsing mid fight." Serge said with a grin. "So far the only bets placed is how many hits I can get in before I lose horrifically."

"Yeah physical endurance is important in a fight. I guess you will have to rely on using brains rather than bran and fight tactically to try to defeat your opponent...though I guess the problem is that his or her abilities are based around their physical fitness and what tactics that opens up for them and that could be a problem for you."
The young Hermetic said and nodded.
"Good luck anyway Mr Yager."

He commented as you got to the excersise room, there where some equipment spread around it, the walls where painted a light gray and a TV hung on a wall at one end for instructional videos and such. Most of the equipment could be folded up and pulled to the side or put into the light gray cabinets to allow for dance, martial arts or other training that needed floor space. The room really was just a simple exercise room. You found Adjan in here, he was in simple gym clothes sitting on a chair and working a set for barbells. The Euthanathos nodded when he saw you.
"Good day Mr Yager...and you must be Miss Mar's studet young man? I am Adjan."
He said with a smile and Stephen bowed.
"It is nice to meet you Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:57 am

[Training Room]

Anja wrote:"Sounds like you are going to be poked holes into."
Stephen said with a grin.
"Verbena are usually scary good with their daggers."

"I'll be learning just how scary good they are. In more ways than one." Serge said with a grin.

Anja wrote:"Yeah physical endurance is important in a fight. I guess you will have to rely on using brains rather than bran and fight tactically to try to defeat your opponent...though I guess the problem is that his or her abilities are based around their physical fitness and what tactics that opens up for them and that could be a problem for you."
"Good luck anyway Mr Yager."

"Thanks. I have some ideas so hopefully I put up some sore of fight." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:He commented as you got to the excersise room, there where some equipment spread around it, the walls where painted a light gray and a TV hung on a wall at one end for instructional videos and such. Most of the equipment could be folded up and pulled to the side or put into the light gray cabinets to allow for dance, martial arts or other training that needed floor space. The room really was just a simple exercise room. You found Adjan in here, he was in simple gym clothes sitting on a chair and working a set for barbells. The Euthanathos nodded when he saw you.
"Good day Mr Yager...and you must be Miss Mar's studet young man? I am Adjan."
He said with a smile and Stephen bowed.
"It is nice to meet you Sir."

"Hey Adjan! Just taking our guest for a little tour of the chantry." Serge said with a smile, glancing around with an interested look. The training room room was a room he rarely visited so he wasn't all to familiar with it himself.

"I see your hard at work. How heavy are those barbells? Do you think I could lift them?" he asked curiosuly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:10 am

[Training Room]

"I'll be learning just how scary good they are. In more ways than one." Serge said with a grin.

"Yeah...well fight well Sir."
Stephen said and nodded.

"Thanks. I have some ideas so hopefully I put up some sore of fight." Serge said with a nod.

"I am sure you will Sir."
"I am sure it will be a fun fight."

"Hey Adjan! Just taking our guest for a little tour of the chantry." Serge said with a smile, glancing around with an interested look. The training room room was a room he rarely visited so he wasn't all to familiar with it himself.

"Ah that is nice."
Adjan said then he turned to Stephen.
"It is a good place to live, not fancy but good."
Stephen nodded at that.
"Yes my Mentor says so Sir."

"I see your hard at work. How heavy are those barbells? Do you think I could lift them?" he asked curiosuly.

"Yes these are not particularly heavy kid, I am just trying to maintain my shape while being less active while injured."
The Euthanathos said.
"And beside since I like most of my Tradition suffer from Jhor it is important to try to maintain our bodies or they will literary rot on us, so these are...is it six kilos?"
Adjan said and checked.
"Yeah six kilos so like a big cat."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 am

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'Well, yeah. Let's just see what the layout looks like. Might be molehill climbing here.' she replied with a little grin.

[What do you mean... Nick has faults?]

[Will mention that as far as I can tell, Americans use Imperial rather than Metric in measurements.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:37 am

[Training Room]

Anja wrote:"Yes these are not particularly heavy kid, I am just trying to maintain my shape while being less active while injured."
The Euthanathos said.
"And beside since I like most of my Tradition suffer from Jhor it is important to try to maintain our bodies or they will literary rot on us, so these are...is it six kilos?"
Adjan said and checked.
"Yeah six kilos so like a big cat."

"Maybe not heavy for you. You exercise, like, every day. I've never done reps with barbells before. Or lifted a large cat." Serge said with a grin.

"Well, there's no time like the present. Do you think I can try doing a few reps with those barbells for a bit?" he asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:44 am

[Driving]

"No problem I do not expect you to know where I am at all times Adley."
Freddy said sounding amused.

"In that case, safe travels."

[Westchapel]

"Yes Sir, magick and time have healed most of her physical injuries but emotionally...eh forgive me it really is not my pace to speculate but it have been hard of her...the whole thing." The apprentice Etherite said with a worried frown.
"Very well Sir..I will continue to just be a friend to Gwen then."
Alicia said and nodded.

"Of course, forgive me. I did not mean to pry, I was simply concerned."

"Ah...yes off course Hermetics change their names when they are fully initiated, please do forgive my mistake Mr Roth Hicks. I do hope your Mentor is well I have not seen Master Morgan in some time, probably because I spend most of my time in my laboratory."

"There is nothing to forgive sir. He is as well as can be, considering all that goes on."

The old Etherite pushed a box full of individually sealed sanitary wipes over to you without saying anything. About that time though there was another knock on the door and Alicia went to open it, the apprentice soon returned with Freddy in two. The Virtual Adept gave you a smile.
"Hi Adley."

He seemed content enough at the moment just to keep his hands to himself, especially in someone else's workspace. He nodded to Freddy and stood back so she could get into the room and see Colin. "Good to see you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:08 am

[Fenway]

'Well, yeah. Let's just see what the layout looks like. Might be molehill climbing here.' she replied with a little grin.

Helena nodded.The apartment building seamed to have 13 or 14 floors, it was large with rounded corners, a brick facade and allot of windows making it look rather artistic. You could see that in the lobby there where a security guard behind a desk, he was the only guard you saw though. There did not appear to be a back entrance though but there where fire stairs, large ones made for the comfort of the residents.

[Training Room]

Maybe not heavy for you. You exercise, like, every day. I've never done reps with barbells before. Or lifted a large cat." Serge said with a grin.

"Well regular exercise gets results."
Adjan said and smiled.
"And if you are going to lift a cat you need to make sure you do it properly or you get the claws."
He added sounding amused.

"Well, there's no time like the present. Do you think I can try doing a few reps with those barbells for a bit?" he asked.

Adjan nodded and handed you the barbells.
"Here you go, but you might want to start lighter, I recommend about two or three kilos when starting out. I usually use some that are heavier but really to just stay in shape you do not need to strain yourself to much, it is more about repetition."

[Driving]

"In that case, safe travels."

"Thank you Adley, talk with you later."
Freddy replied.

[Westchapel]

"Of course, forgive me. I did not mean to pry, I was simply concerned."

"Oh no problem Sir I just don't think I should talk to much about the things Gwen told me in private."
Alicia said apologetically.

"There is nothing to forgive sir. He is as well as can be, considering all that goes on."

"That is good to hear Mr Roth Hicks."
The old Etherite said and nodded.

He seemed content enough at the moment just to keep his hands to himself, especially in someone else's workspace. He nodded to Freddy and stood back so she could get into the room and see Colin. "Good to see you."

Freddy smiled to you and nodded.
"Good to see you to Adley, I wish we had this whole mess sorted out already, this illness really worry me."
The young Virtual Adept said and she sigh.
"Any news on your end?"

(OOC: This is true but Adjan is not American.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 am

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... the loading bay must be in the garage or something.' Nicole replied. 'No way would the folk in a place like this want blue-collar folks in the nice elevator.' ending with a wry smirk.

'We could attempt a direct assault. The rent-a-cop is just decoration, won't give a fuck really - if we simply go in like we belong there, they might not say nothing. Or...' thinking for a moment '-we have the keys, could say we're a friend of the guy and are here to pick up something. Lastly, we could pretend to be cops and bluff our way in.' ending with a look to Helena, clearly seeing if she had any suggestions of her own.

[6kg seems to be stupidly light for a barbell...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:31 am

[Fenway]

'Hmm... the loading bay must be in the garage or something.' Nicole replied. 'No way would the folk in a place like this want blue-collar folks in the nice elevator.' ending with a wry smirk.

"Probably yes, the entrance to the garage is over there but I see you have to call and check in for the guard to open the garage door."
Helene said and nodded towards the garage entrance.
"So getting in might take a bit of work."

'We could attempt a direct assault. The rent-a-cop is just decoration, won't give a fuck really - if we simply go in like we belong there, they might not say nothing. Or...' thinking for a moment '-we have the keys, could say we're a friend of the guy and are here to pick up something. Lastly, we could pretend to be cops and bluff our way in.' ending with a look to Helena, clearly seeing if she had any suggestions of her own.

"If we just force our way in the guard are not likely to fight us but he will likely call the cops which will lead to more problems. If I where a guard and some strangers came in with one of the residents key I would assume it was stolen, it really depend how much that guy in there care about his job."
Helena said and nodded towards the lobby.
"We could pretend to be cops but he is likely to ask for warrants and badges which we don't have. Like I said I could try to make sure we are not noticed, or we could go back to Steelhaven and see if anyone practice Ars Mentam which would make our job easier."
The Hermetic suggested.

(OOC: If you are trying to pump iron yes, if you are trying to recover from an injury no or if you have never done any kind of exercise like Serge then six kilos are plenty. Most I know who have not done allot of exercise get recommended two barbells of two kilos and allot of repetitions, a friend of mine who are recovering from an injury was recommended one kilo barbells.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:50 am

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'Yet they sit there all day bored out of their heads and - I bet - hating the rich fuckers who live in the building.' Nicole replied. 'If we act like we belong there's a fair chance they won't notice - after all, it's a big block and they won't know every resident by sight.'

'Hmm... we might have better luck with the garage, I think. It's likely each person who lives here gets issued with an automatic door opener, right? This means the bastard's car will have one. Hmm, I'm sure there were car keys on the ring...' pulling out the ghoul's keys to see if she was right.

[Think you may mean dumbbells, Great One. Barbells are the bigger, two-handed versions.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright, please be honest and do address both the positive and the negative, it is important to show the promotion board the entire picture."
Dr Hadermann said firmly.
"Miss Bouchad is an Adventurer, so how she function in the field will have to be the main focus."
He said.
Colin nodded, "Very well. I'll have a complete assessment ready in a few days - I'm supposed, or at least I was supposed to head to Horizon tomorrow, but with the plague, that may have to be postponed..."

Anja wrote:"I am going to have to ask her then, Miss Adlebloom I mean, about the extent of the problem, I o hope she will still be willing to cooperate though if I am going to stop this I need to examine her spinal fluids."
He nodded, "I think she will. She's as keen to have the disease stopped in its tracks as anyone - her cousin is taken ill, too."

Anja wrote:"But how can I keep my hands of you love?"
Freddy protested. Dr Hadermann raised an eyebrow.
"I can certainly ask my student Alicia to handle such testing now Miss Adlebloom, or Mr Wainwright can wait until he is back to Steelhaven hall but I would not advice touching him until a time where such is done, we do not yet know how this illness spread."
He said and the Virtual Adept sigh.
"I will have to sit on my hands then."
He grinned, "I think perhaps I should get tested, then, so as to not frustrate the good lady more than necessary. I'm sure you've heard the phrase 'happy wife - happy life'?"

Anja wrote:"I have been touching Joe...my uncle is infected and so are the staff of Moningstar's infirmary but not me, they checked twice."
Freddy said and Dr Haermann raised an eyebrow.
"Interesting, would you mind if I draw some blood as well Miss Alebloom?"
He asked and Feddy shrugged.
"No whatever you need Sir."
The old Etherite nodded.
"Very well, if we are using anesthetic for the lumbar puncture we should apply that now then while I do other examinations."
He said while applying a fresh set of gloves. Freddy sigh.
"I am afraid that will not be much point in doctor, most of my spine is...unresponsive to most drugs."
Dr Hadermann nodded at that.
"I could try to arrange for a general anesthetic then if you wish Miss."
He offered but Freddy shook her head again.
"No that is ok, allot of people do lumbar punctures without pain relief, if I am lucky the needle just go right in and it is not that bad, and I will try not to bawl like a baby if you hit a nerve...ehm where do you want me?"
She said and The Etherite indicated the paper covered table which Freddy got up on less than elegantly, she was not the most physical person and she laid down and curled up as best she could.
"I would appreciate something to bite into though, if I am lucky all I will really feel is sharp pressure but if I am not I would prefer not to make a fool of myself."
She said and Dr Hadermann nodded.
"Ah yes...off course Miss Adlebloom."
He muttered as he went gather the needed supplies from another cabinet, changing gloves again after he had found them.
He paused briefly, "General anesthesia might be a trifle risky in combination with the other medication in any case... but it's not her first time at this particular rodeo."

Anja wrote:"I had not thought of that Mr Wainwright but you are completely right, the illness do have some similarities to a computer program, I am going to have to discuss that with some of our Virtual Adepts then."
He said as he got his equipment ready.
"Ah yes if you are Miss Bouchard's partner you might wish to go to my kitchen for a cup of tea while I do this, there might be...sounds."
Dr Hadermann advices.
"An allot of swearing in German."
Freddy added wryly she looked a little nervous but she had done this allot of times and did not seam to be in any distress.
He nodded, "In that case, as I am not to touch Miss Adlebloom before I am tested, perhaps I should step into another room with Alicia, to spare her delicate ears from... colourful linguistics?"

((OOC: Nicole's right, you're likely thinking of dumbbells. I think the lightest barbell bars weigh six kilos by themselves, and the Olympic standard is twenty kilos, before adding weights.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:29 pm

[Fenway]

'Yet they sit there all day bored out of their heads and - I bet - hating the rich fuckers who live in the building.' Nicole replied. 'If we act like we belong there's a fair chance they won't notice - after all, it's a big block and they won't know every resident by sight.'

"That may be so, but they are hired as security for a reason, and if it was a general thing that they do not do their jobs I suspect there would be few such job positions."
Helena said simply.
"It depends on what they have been told to do, most places have probably been told to check all visitors, but yes we could try."

'Hmm... we might have better luck with the garage, I think. It's likely each person who lives here gets issued with an automatic door opener, right? This means the bastard's car will have one. Hmm, I'm sure there were car keys on the ring...' pulling out the ghoul's keys to see if she was right.

Fio's keychain did have car keys yes.
"Hum...that is not a bad idea, we can try that."
The Hermetic agreed.

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "Very well. I'll have a complete assessment ready in a few days - I'm supposed, or at least I was supposed to head to Horizon tomorrow, but with the plague, that may have to be postponed..."

"Very well, thank you Mr Wainwright I appreciate it."
Dr Hadermann said and nodded.

He nodded, "I think she will. She's as keen to have the disease stopped in its tracks as anyone - her cousin is taken ill, too."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright I do need her help with this to figure out how her tissue...affect this illness."
The Etherite said and he nodded with a frown.

He grinned, "I think perhaps I should get tested, then, so as to not frustrate the good lady more than necessary. I'm sure you've heard the phrase 'happy wife - happy life'?"

"Well I do not like to be frustrated."
Freddy said and grinned. Alicia nodded.
"I can talk care of it Sir, I might be young but I have been getting medical training from my Mentor."

He paused briefly, "General anesthesia might be a trifle risky in combination with the other medication in any case... but it's not her first time at this particular rodeo."

"Yeah...I am not sure how the anti seizure medication would work with general anesthesia so it is not worth risking it and besides I have things to do, I am not planning to end all day being fuggy from anesthesia, I am fine Dr Hadermann I do not like pain, and I will not claim I like this but I can take it. Just heal any marks afterwards if you don't mind Sir, we have a kid at home who would be very concerned if she saw any needle marks on me."
Freddy said and Dr Hadermann nodded.
"Very good then Miss Adlebloom."
He agreed.
"Could you heal the marks left from taking my medication and the one from getting tested as well?"
Freddy asked and Dr Hadermann nodded.
"Certainly Miss I have a spray that works wonders on minor cuts and bruises it should do the job quite satisfactory."
Freddy nodded.
"Thanks Sir."

He nodded, "In that case, as I am not to touch Miss Adlebloom before I am tested, perhaps I should step into another room with Alicia, to spare her delicate ears from... colourful linguistics?"

"That might be a good idea and we can get that testing done, I assure you that my apprentice's ears are no more fragile than that of any other human beings of roughly the same size."
Dr Hadermann said and Alicia sigh.
"You are taking things to literary again Mentor."
She commented and the older Etherite raised an eyebrow.
"I see..."
He commented. Alicia smiled to you.
"If you would come with me then Sir, I can make a cup of tea before we start if you want."

(OOC: Ah yes dumbells then sorry for the misunderstanding.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:00 pm

[Training Room]

Anja wrote:Adjan nodded and handed you the barbells.
"Here you go, but you might want to start lighter, I recommend about two or three kilos when starting out. I usually use some that are heavier but really to just stay in shape you do not need to strain yourself to much, it is more about repetition."

Serge took the dumbbells from Adjan's hands and as the Euthanatos let go he felt his hands dropping at the weight of the dumbbells. "Alright Stephen. This is where I unlock the dormant power hidden within me. Prepare....FOR THE MIGHT OF SERGE!" he said dramatically as he attempted to lift the dumbbells.

"UGh....I...can....ugh...do...this..." he said, pretending to struggle a bit before dropping the act and lifting them normally while saying, "I'm just fucking with you. Your right Adjan these actually aren't that heavy at all. Can't imagine doing this everyday though. My arms would tired quite easily."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:18 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah...I am not sure how the anti seizure medication would work with general anesthesia so it is not worth risking it and besides I have things to do, I am not planning to end all day being fuggy from anesthesia, I am fine Dr Hadermann I do not like pain, and I will not claim I like this but I can take it. Just heal any marks afterwards if you don't mind Sir, we have a kid at home who would be very concerned if she saw any needle marks on me."
Freddy said and Dr Hadermann nodded.
"Very good then Miss Adlebloom."
He agreed.
"Could you heal the marks left from taking my medication and the one from getting tested as well?"
Freddy asked and Dr Hadermann nodded.
"Certainly Miss I have a spray that works wonders on minor cuts and bruises it should do the job quite satisfactory."
Freddy nodded.
"Thanks Sir."
Colin smiled thinly, "Thank you... Anna has some pretty deep psychological scars owing to some... bad needlework. The less she sees of needle marks, the better."
He looked to Alicia, "Actually, if you need to draw blood to test me, I should get the puncture mark covered up, too. I have a little Jhor, though, so while I'm usually an easy stick, you might have a little difficulty with that."

Anja wrote:"That might be a good idea and we can get that testing done, I assure you that my apprentice's ears are no more fragile than that of any other human beings of roughly the same size."
Dr Hadermann said and Alicia sigh.
"You are taking things to literary again Mentor."
She commented and the older Etherite raised an eyebrow.
"I see..."
He commented. Alicia smiled to you.
"If you would come with me then Sir, I can make a cup of tea before we start if you want."
He chuckled, "Quite, quite... Thank you, I'd love a cuppa now. I don't suppose you have peach blossom white tea? A... wrinkly acquaintance suggested it to me, and I've rather acquired a fondness for it."

((OOC: To note, six kilos is fairly hefty for repeated lifting; about 13 pounds. In comparison, that's pretty much the same weight as five swords, give or take. Of course, if you're actually working to build muscle and buff up, six kilos is where you ought to start out. Me, I can't be arsed. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:47 pm

[Training Room]

Serge took the dumbbells from Adjan's hands and as the Euthanatos let go he felt his hands dropping at the weight of the dumbbells. "Alright Stephen. This is where I unlock the dormant power hidden within me. Prepare....FOR THE MIGHT OF SERGE!" he said dramatically as he attempted to lift the dumbbells.

"UGh....I...can....ugh...do...this..." he said, pretending to struggle a bit before dropping the act and lifting them normally while saying, "I'm just fucking with you. Your right Adjan these actually aren't that heavy at all. Can't imagine doing this everyday though. My arms would tired quite easily."

Stephen just looked at you, he scratched his head and looked a bit awkward clearly not finding your joke amusing but being to polite to say so.
"Ehm...I see."
He said. Adjan nodded.
"Well that is the point of these, living them once is not heavy it is doing it repeatedly that build muscle, like I said I used to use some that where heavier but due to Jhor, two months inactive have wasted my musculature more than it would a regular person and I have to work to get back to combat fitness."
The Euthanathos commented.

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled thinly, "Thank you... Anna has some pretty deep psychological scars owing to some... bad needlework. The less she sees of needle marks, the better."

"That is...most impractical what do you do if this child get a medical situation that what you mystic call magick can't solve?"
D Hadermann said then he nodded.
"I will take care of the marks though it is no bother."

He looked to Alicia, "Actually, if you need to draw blood to test me, I should get the puncture mark covered up, too. I have a little Jhor, though, so while I'm usually an easy stick, you might have a little difficulty with that."

"I will need to draw blood Sir I...ehm...would not want to hurt you though I have gotten training but...I am not really good at it, I would not want to try several times."
The apprentice said nervously.
"I can...heal the mark though using my Mentor's spray."

He chuckled, "Quite, quite... Thank you, I'd love a cuppa now. I don't suppose you have peach blossom white tea? A... wrinkly acquaintance suggested it to me, and I've rather acquired a fondness for it."

Alicia led you out of the lab and into a nice, clean kitchen, the walls where light green with a oak kitchen table with a white table cloth, white kitchen equipment and white curtains and a stainless steel fridge. The floor where terracotta tiles.
"I do think we have the tea you requested Sir, let me look."
Alicia said and she put a kettle on while he looked through a series of containers with loose tea.
"Yeah here peach blossom white...hum so an elderly friend of you like this tea, that is nice."
She said as she added the tea blend to two cups and stood waiting for the water to boil.

(OOC: I did not think much about it as the scene with Adjan was just meant as fluff. I have had some problems with an elbow and was recommended building muscle using a four kilo weight so I thought as he is a man he would use six.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:01 pm

[Training Room]

Anja wrote:Stephen just looked at you, he scratched his head and looked a bit awkward clearly not finding your joke amusing but being to polite to say so.
"Ehm...I see."
He said. Adjan nodded.
"Well that is the point of these, living them once is not heavy it is doing it repeatedly that build muscle, like I said I used to use some that where heavier but due to Jhor, two months inactive have wasted my musculature more than it would a regular person and I have to work to get back to combat fitness."
The Euthanathos commented.

Serge didn't seem concerned with Stephen's less than amused reaction, pretending to not notice it as he did reps with the dumbbells. After 2 to 3 reps with the dumbbells he looked at Stephen. "You wanna try? It'd be a boring tour if all we did was move room to room without doing anything."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Anja wrote:"That is...most impractical what do you do if this child get a medical situation that what you mystic call magick can't solve?"
D Hadermann said then he nodded.
"I will take care of the marks though it is no bother."
Colin sighed, "Then we have an excellent hypospray gun at hand if that's a viable tool, and if not... and this is something that's fairly likely to happen owing to a slightly botched healing of vital organs, well, we resort to thoughts and prayers until she passes out, and then we can administer what needs to be administered through needles. Fortunately, it's only needles that terrify her, not the remaining elements of modern medicine. Scalpels and ingested medication is fine."

Anja wrote:"I will need to draw blood Sir I...ehm...would not want to hurt you though I have gotten training but...I am not really good at it, I would not want to try several times."
The apprentice said nervously.
"I can...heal the mark though using my Mentor's spray."
He nodded, "It'll be fine, I'm sure. I'm made of fairly rugged stuff; the worst thing that could happen would be getting blood on my otherwise clean shirt."
He grinned and winked at her, indicating his scarred face, "Besides, you can hardly make me look worse than my surgeon did."

Anja wrote:Alicia led you out of the lab and into a nice, clean kitchen, the walls where light green with a oak kitchen table with a white table cloth, white kitchen equipment and white curtains and a stainless steel fridge. The floor where terracotta tiles.
Alicia said and she put a kettle on while he looked through a series of containers with loose tea.
"Yeah here peach blossom white...hum so an elderly friend of you like this tea, that is nice."
She said as she added the tea blend to two cups and stood waiting for the water to boil.
He grinned, "More of a timeless spirit than elderly, really. Though his epithet is Old Man. He doesn't really make a habit of showing up unless one makes a serious mistake, though."

((OOC: Well, it does make sense for Adjan to use six, considering he's actually trying to (re)build muscle mass, and not just maintain.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:57 pm

[Training Room]

Serge didn't seem concerned with Stephen's less than amused reaction, pretending to not notice it as he did reps with the dumbbells. After 2 to 3 reps with the dumbbells he looked at Stephen. "You wanna try? It'd be a boring tour if all we did was move room to room without doing anything."

Stephen gave you a slight smile.
"You know, I do actually exercise for at least half an hour, if not an hour a day, depending on how many chores and how much work I have with my studies so I use dumbells quite often."
The young Hermetic said.
"I think perhaps we should give them back to their owner."
He suggested and Adjan gave a chuckle at that.

[Westchapel]

Colin sighed, "Then we have an excellent hypospray gun at hand if that's a viable tool, and if not... and this is something that's fairly likely to happen owing to a slightly botched healing of vital organs, well, we resort to thoughts and prayers until she passes out, and then we can administer what needs to be administered through needles. Fortunately, it's only needles that terrify her, not the remaining elements of modern medicine. Scalpels and ingested medication is fine."

"Ah yes a hyperspray can be most useful, I do suspect that sleeper medicine will move on to using such devices eventually as technology good enough get released, it is far more comfortable and likely to increase things like vaccine compliance."
Dr Hadermann said and nodded.
"I see, well much can be done using other medical means and I guess in an pinch gas or well Mr Yager, I have heard he live at Steelhaven now, could be used to render the girl unconscious if need be, it would be worse if doctors and nurses and medical procedures in general scared her."

He nodded, "It'll be fine, I'm sure. I'm made of fairly rugged stuff; the worst thing that could happen would be getting blood on my otherwise clean shirt."
He grinned and winked at her, indicating his scarred face, "Besides, you can hardly make me look worse than my surgeon did."

Alicia looked at your face for a moment and gave an uncertain smile.
"I suspect it was the original injury that did the most harm Mr Wainwright not the surgeon. I will try to not blow you up while drawing your blood, if one try to draw blood and end up blowing up the patient then I think that qualify as failing bio technician training."
She said wryly.
"Let me know if you want me to stop though. I mean you can tell me to stop, it is worse when I was told to go and daw blood from the prisoner and I missed and I hit a nerve and he cried out and I had to try again and he is tied down and can't go anywhere. I know he is a bad guy and all Sir but that made me feel really bad."
The girl said as she found some equipment from a cabinet before leading the way out of the lab.

He grinned, "More of a timeless spirit than elderly, really. Though his epithet is Old Man. He doesn't really make a habit of showing up unless one makes a serious mistake, though."

"Oh that...old man."
Alicia said and color drained from her already pale cheeks.
"You actually ha tea with Old Man Wrinkle Mr Wainwright...ehm...that is not how you got your scars right...if you don't mind me asking."
She asked as she poured boiling water unto the tea blend and then asked.
"Would you like some honey or milk in your tea Sir? We don't have sugar my Mentor don't eat it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:11 pm

[Training Room]

Anja wrote:Stephen gave you a slight smile.
"You know, I do actually exercise for at least half an hour, if not an hour a day, depending on how many chores and how much work I have with my studies so I use dumbells quite often."
The young Hermetic said.
"I think perhaps we should give them back to their owner."
He suggested and Adjan gave a chuckle at that.

"Damn! That's impressive." Serge said sounding impressed. "Its a lot more than my zero hours at least. All right then here you go Adjan,"

Serge passed the dumbbells over to the Euthanatos. "We shouldn't bother your workout any longer. All right Stephen, next stop! The chapel!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:35 pm

[Westchapel]

"Oh no problem Sir I just don't think I should talk to much about the things Gwen told me in private."
Alicia said apologetically.

"I understand."

"Damn, you think we're not going to be able to go?" he frowned. "What was going on at the docks, did they close them?"

"Good to see you to Adley, I wish we had this whole mess sorted out already, this illness really worry me."
The young Virtual Adept said and she sigh.
"Any news on your end?"

"I think I should leave the overview to Colin, I confess I only understand some of it."

"I'll join you."

Alicia led you out of the lab and into a nice, clean kitchen, the walls where light green with a oak kitchen table with a white table cloth, white kitchen equipment and white curtains and a stainless steel fridge. The floor where terracotta tiles.

"None for me, thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:19 pm

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'And that shows you've never done a shit job like security guard, then.' Nicole replied with a little laugh. 'You try being alert for eight hours, every day sure in the knowledge over ninety percent of the time the job could be done by a cardboard cut-out. He's a status symbol for the fuckers who live in the block, nothing more. Bet the most thrilling thing he's done in the last week was keeping a homeless person out or one wanting to bring the occupants the "Good News".' the derision obvious.

'But... you're right that we can't be sure he'll do nothing. I'll let you make this call, me.'

[Hey, barbell - dumbbell is a technical difference which is easy to mix up if you don't use them yourself.]

[With weight of bells it partly depends on whether Adjan uses it to increase muscle mass or improve cardio.]

[I'd refine Warp's answer - 6kg is heavy for repeated lifting as a starting point. I started out with ~2.5kg makeshift, +6 months was upto 5kg and only in the last month I've worked up to 8kg. Doubt Serge would be able to do much with the 6kg's, even if he could pick them up.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:06 pm

[Training Room]

"Damn! That's impressive." Serge said sounding impressed. "Its a lot more than my zero hours at least. All right then here you go Adjan,"

Serge passed the dumbbells over to the Euthanatos. "We shouldn't bother your workout any longer. All right Stephen, next stop! The chapel!"

"We all have different needs and different interests Sir. I need to work out as I am going to be a war mage, I will need endurance in order to protect my Chantry and those around me, you might not need physical prowess as much."
Stephen said as Adjan accepted the dumbells back.
"It was no bother kid."
He said as he continued with his repetitions.
"Ok lead the way please."
Stephen agreed.

[Fenway]

'And that shows you've never done a shit job like security guard, then.' Nicole replied with a little laugh. 'You try being alert for eight hours, every day sure in the knowledge over ninety percent of the time the job could be done by a cardboard cut-out. He's a status symbol for the fuckers who live in the block, nothing more. Bet the most thrilling thing he's done in the last week was keeping a homeless person out or one wanting to bring the occupants the "Good News".' the derision obvious.

"I would still think that even if he see the job as shitty it is a reason why he keep it and that he knows that letting two complete strangers in are likely to get him fired."
Helena said sounding doubtful.
"We could always try to bribe him though I guess..."

'But... you're right that we can't be sure he'll do nothing. I'll let you make this call, me.'

Helena thought this through then she nodded.
"Nah...let us try the garage in that case, I think that is our best bet if we are not bringing magick into this."
She said.
"Hopefully Fio's key will open the garage door, things will be simpler once we are inside."

[Westchapel]

"I understand."

"Thank you Sir."
Alicia said and nodded.

"Damn, you think we're not going to be able to go?" he frowned. "What was going on at the docks, did they close them?"

"We can not risk spreading this sickness to Horizon Mr Roth Hicks, until we have it under control I have recommended that Horizon disallow travelers from Earth entering Horizon, Dr Spence agrees with me and will bring this before the Nine."
Dr Hadermann explained.
"I am sorry for the inconvenience young man."

"I think I should leave the overview to Colin, I confess I only understand some of it."

"As you will Mr Roth Hicks."
The Etherite said and nodded.

"I'll join you."

"Ok Sir, this way if you please, would you care for some tea as well?"
Alicia said as she lad the way to the kitchen.

"None for me, thank you."

"Very well, would you like something else, we have some coffee, I could put on a pot Sir."
The apprentice offered politely.

(OOC: I used to use them regularly but never really learned what they where called as such. I used to go to the gym three times a week when I was in school, the only way for me to not be physically bullied as well as all the remarks where to continue to be physically stronger than all the other kids. Once you grab one of the bullies, lift him over your head and toss him, the others tend to keep some distance for a while.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:28 pm

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'Let's head back to the car, then; his last target was in Roxbury, so chances are it'll be parked around nearby...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:42 pm

[Fenway]

Helena nodded and as the two of you walked back to the car she said.
"I can probably find the car, a vehicle and it's key should be linked by a strong arcane connection, a simple spell should be able to show where the car is since we have that connection."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next