Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

5 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 15 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:53 pm

[Streets of Boston]

Colin grinned, "Obviously, the bugs go in the cake. Or in the program that makes sure the reception hall is big enough to fit all the guests. One of the two."

"I am not sure I would want to eat brain eating giant bug you know, I mean you know what they have been eating."
Freddy joked.
"But they are big so we would need a big reception hall for them."

He nodded, "I'd be hard pressed to believe there could be less polite Nicoles out there... but yes, I can fairly well imagine the arrangement of the place."

"Nicole is not the most polite person in the world, but she have always been okey to me, and I know Fran likes her."
The Virtual Adept said with a sigh.
"If one can see past her roughness she is really nice. But yes her manners will land her in hot water one day."

He nodded, "Very well, tell Andreas Giovanni the Older that my girlfriend and I are presently headed to put an end to the cybernetic plague that's going on, that Fio Giovanni was caught red-handed spreading to people with implants, including children with pacemakers and cochlear implants. If Andreas has any information on what Fio was doing for Francis Milliner, he would be well advised to come clean to Prince King very, very soon. And let Andreas know that right now, it is in the interest of peace and the continued existence of Reality itself that his entire Clan is not subject to a Wizards' March over Francis Milliner's personal betrayal, like Clan Tremere was when they betrayed the Order of Hermes back in the day. Even my personal friend, Lady Crexia Hermes Bani Tytalus ex Tremere is in town to help with the situation, and we wouldn't want needless hostilities to occur. Did you get all that?"
He smiled thinly, "I think that should be plenty of information for your employer; we'll break the link and let you go without ruffling your feathers further."

"Yeah I...got it..."
The vampire said with a sigh.
"And I will tell him, thankfully the guy is fair unlike the Capo who bear the same name so he is not going to shoot the messenger if he don't like what he hears...but damn this sickness it affect anyone with implants? Shit...is that why the Prince have told us to stay away from all medical practitioners...if you know what Prince is? Since you know about King I assumed you know of his position as well. This shit is above my pay grade I am telling the ancient one and butting out."
He grumbled.
"I will find another way to solve my problems."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 15 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:07 pm

[Streets of Boston]
Anja wrote:"I am not sure I would want to eat brain eating giant bug you know, I mean you know what they have been eating."
Freddy joked.
"But they are big so we would need a big reception hall for them."
Colin paused for a moment, "You know, we could go with a themed wedding, of sorts. Miniature warrior bug napkin holders, brain bugs on the seating cards, that sort of thing."

Anja wrote:"Nicole is not the most polite person in the world, but she have always been okey to me, and I know Fran likes her."
The Virtual Adept said with a sigh.
"If one can see past her roughness she is really nice. But yes her manners will land her in hot water one day."
He smiled wryly, "That letter I wrote? Doctor Hadermann wanted me, as Nicole's Cabal Leader, to write an assessment and recommendation for her; he's looking into giving her the Etherite equivalent of a battlefield promotion, owing to her... lack of publications. Suffice to say, I do not recommend promotion owing to her attitude toward seniors, and especially Mystics. She's going to have a rough time ahead, I fear..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I...got it..."
The vampire said with a sigh.
"And I will tell him, thankfully the guy is fair unlike the Capo who bear the same name so he is not going to shoot the messenger if he don't like what he hears...but damn this sickness it affect anyone with implants? Shit...is that why the Prince have told us to stay away from all medical practitioners...if you know what Prince is? Since you know about King I assumed you know of his position as well. This shit is above my pay grade I am telling the ancient one and butting out."
He grumbled.
"I will find another way to solve my problems."
He smiled, "I actually spoke with the Prince earlier tonight regarding the plague and his response to it. But do let Andreas know that if he's interested in some quality silver, to look up Wainwright's. But mind the Masquerade; while the owner is well aware of the supernatural world, the cashier is not, and we'd all like to keep it that way. And do give Andreas my sincere regards; I've not heard ill of him, unlike the Capo."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:21 pm

[Streets of Boston]

Colin paused for a moment, "You know, we could go with a themed wedding, of sorts. Miniature warrior bug napkin holders, brain bugs on the seating cards, that sort of thing."

"Oh that would be pretty cool actually, My dad would get a kick out of that and a green dress would go well with it."
Freddy agreed with a grin.

He smiled wryly, "That letter I wrote? Doctor Hadermann wanted me, as Nicole's Cabal Leader, to write an assessment and recommendation for her; he's looking into giving her the Etherite equivalent of a battlefield promotion, owing to her... lack of publications. Suffice to say, I do not recommend promotion owing to her attitude toward seniors, and especially Mystics. She's going to have a rough time ahead, I fear..."

"I have noticed she treats mystics differently than technomancers but she is okey towards Fran. I hope she will learn to at times be more tactical about how she say things, one can usually get away with telling a superior to go fuck themselves, if you do not literary tell them to go and fuck themselves."
Freddy said with a sigh.
"I guess for me I am okey with her for we have allot of rebels among the Adepts, and many of them do not exactly behave as Master Sharaya or my uncle."

He smiled, "I actually spoke with the Prince earlier tonight regarding the plague and his response to it. But do let Andreas know that if he's interested in some quality silver, to look up Wainwright's. But mind the Masquerade; while the owner is well aware of the supernatural world, the cashier is not, and we'd all like to keep it that way. And do give Andreas my sincere regards; I've not heard ill of him, unlike the Capo."

"Yeah sure I will let him know. I never knew mages had so much to do with our society though. I have never met a mage before...I think."
The vampire said then he sigh.
"But really it is none of my buessiness. I will talk with my employer, I just don't want any more trouble."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 pm

[Streets of Boston]
Anja wrote:"I have noticed she treats mystics differently than technomancers but she is okey towards Fran. I hope she will learn to at times be more tactical about how she say things, one can usually get away with telling a superior to go fuck themselves, if you do not literary tell them to go and fuck themselves."
Freddy said with a sigh.
"I guess for me I am okey with her for we have allot of rebels among the Adepts, and many of them do not exactly behave as Master Sharaya or my uncle."
Colin sighed, "Well, I've recommended some remedial education - politics, history, etiquette - let's hope she picks up on a few of her shortcomings before she ends up in a duel. She could risk getting challenged to a form she's greatly disadvantaged in, and depending on the circumstances, well... I'll have to look into which dueling forms, if any, permit assigning a champion."

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure I will let him know. I never knew mages had so much to do with our society though. I have never met a mage before...I think."
The vampire said then he sigh.
"But really it is none of my buessiness. I will talk with my employer, I just don't want any more trouble."
He grinned, "We're generally trying to keep from being noticed by the mundane population, just like you are. You might've met a Mage before and not known, but the Mage may well have recognized you for what you were. Rest assured, the vast majority of us don't want any trouble, either. Safe trip, and good night."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:48 pm

[Streets of Boston]

Colin sighed, "Well, I've recommended some remedial education - politics, history, etiquette - let's hope she picks up on a few of her shortcomings before she ends up in a duel. She could risk getting challenged to a form she's greatly disadvantaged in, and depending on the circumstances, well... I'll have to look into which dueling forms, if any, permit assigning a champion."

"Most do, but not under all circumstances, you do not loose face refusing a duel form you are not able to compete in. Let us say I challenged Adley to a Core War he could just decline it without loosing his standing in the conflict since he is not a Technomancer. Usually when cross Tradition Duels are called it is either for the modern Certaman or for just steight up Duel Arcane."
Freddy said and she sigh.
"A Virtual Adept though would loose face if they refuse a Core War...I did once, the idiot was not worth risking damage to my Avatar over. I have been in formal Flame Wars though which are our less serious duels, basically formal insult flinging. I won, I bet Nicole would do well in that."
Freddy said with a bit of a smirk.

He grinned, "We're generally trying to keep from being noticed by the mundane population, just like you are. You might've met a Mage before and not known, but the Mage may well have recognized you for what you were. Rest assured, the vast majority of us don't want any trouble, either. Safe trip, and good night."

"I think most supernaturals do, I mean none of us want to attract the attention of fucking Hunters."
The vampire replied angrily.
"Ehm sorry for swearing and sorry for trailing you, I really meant no harm...yeah good night."
He said hastily before driving off.

Freddy looked at you.
"Well that was odd..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:17 pm

[Streets of Boston]
Anja wrote:"Most do, but not under all circumstances, you do not loose face refusing a duel form you are not able to compete in. Let us say I challenged Adley to a Core War he could just decline it without loosing his standing in the conflict since he is not a Technomancer. Usually when cross Tradition Duels are called it is either for the modern Certaman or for just steight up Duel Arcane."
Freddy said and she sigh.
"A Virtual Adept though would loose face if they refuse a Core War...I did once, the idiot was not worth risking damage to my Avatar over. I have been in formal Flame Wars though which are our less serious duels, basically formal insult flinging. I won, I bet Nicole would do well in that."
Freddy said with a bit of a smirk.
Colin grinned wryly, "I'll be getting instruction in Certamen from the Chief; I'll probably be able to get some pointers from Lady Crexia on Tremere's own favoured strategies, as well as a great number of the fragments in my Avatar that might have a few choice memories to draw on for such a duel form. But there is no way I'll participate in a Core War - I'm not afraid of taking damage, I'm afraid Mia might accidentally tear apart and eat whoever would challenge me. She's... well, I hear Master D'Angelo is still unable to channel Quintessence, two months after Mia stabbed her Avatar. And that was the equivalent of a love tap; a full on brawl would be like sticking your hand in a wood chipper... Flame Wars sound like quite the spectator sport, though."

Anja wrote:"I think most supernaturals do, I mean none of us want to attract the attention of fucking Hunters."
The vampire replied angrily.
"Ehm sorry for swearing and sorry for trailing you, I really meant no harm...yeah good night."
He said hastily before driving off.
He smiled wryly, "A word of advice, next time you're set to trail someone, choose a less obvious car. Ray Charles could have seen you following."
He turned to Freddy, "Alright, Luv, I think we can let him go."

Anja wrote:Freddy looked at you.
"Well that was odd..."
He frowned and nodded, "Yes... Asking the chap to keep a lookout for me, that one I could very easily understand. Quite likely, Andreas is well aware of me; I've... not been the most subtle individual in the city of late. That he had your description, though, worries me a little more. This can suggest many things, but considering the chap's car, I suspect someone is trying to send us a message - that we're being watched, and that whoever it is can strike any time they like. That is part of why I told him to suggest my shop - making a point of showing I don't consider them a real threat to my person, and inviting to talk things out instead of playing silly games when we all have better things to do. I'm glad it was Andreas who sent him, though, and not the Capo; by reputation, Andreas is secure and confident in his power, while the Capo is avaricious and paranoid. A bad combination in any individual; a terrible one in a position of power."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:19 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:It was a hospital type bed so there was not allot of space under it but it could be moved easily and rolled out of the way if need be.
"Is there anything you need Serge?"
Richard asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"Master Morgan asked me to create a fancy ward. To do so I need to place a drawing underneath this bed." Serge whispered absentmindedly as he took a look at the problem from a different angle. He tried to gauge whether there was just enough space under the bed for one of his arms.

He obviously couldn't, or at the very least didn't want to, move the bed as Kira was on it. Even if he couldn't crawl underneath the bed if he could at least stick just his hand underneath with a marker he could draw while moving his vision underneath the bed to see what he was doing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:36 pm

[Streets of Boston]

Colin grinned wryly, "I'll be getting instruction in Certamen from the Chief; I'll probably be able to get some pointers from Lady Crexia on Tremere's own favoured strategies, as well as a great number of the fragments in my Avatar that might have a few choice memories to draw on for such a duel form. But there is no way I'll participate in a Core War - I'm not afraid of taking damage, I'm afraid Mia might accidentally tear apart and eat whoever would challenge me. She's... well, I hear Master D'Angelo is still unable to channel Quintessence, two months after Mia stabbed her Avatar. And that was the equivalent of a love tap; a full on brawl would be like sticking your hand in a wood chipper... Flame Wars sound like quite the spectator sport, though."

"I have heard that Master Tear have gotten a ride over to Lux with Adley, Rosa or Mr Von Hess quite often probably she have a patient to check on. But yeah I would not enter into a Core War with you love."
Freddy said with a shudder.
"I love you but your Avatar is terrifying."
She declared and this made Mia chuckle.
"Yeah Flame Wars are often spectator sports and it is not just about having a fit and throwing insults you need to be clever as well, a good burn have to be clever, we have them at times just for fun and for cred."
The Virtual Adept admitted.
"Is it the old or the new version of Certamen you are going to learn? I have tried the old version, it is cool almost like a computer game but the House Thig guy I was dueling, again just for the lols wiped the floor with me."
She added with a frown.
"It was still fun though."

He smiled wryly, "A word of advice, next time you're set to trail someone, choose a less obvious car. Ray Charles could have seen you following."
He turned to Freddy, "Alright, Luv, I think we can let him go."

"Yeah well, I am neither a super spy or super rich and this is my car okey. I am a creative person so I did not want a regular boring dark blue or black car I wanted one that looks fun, this car looks fun, it is not my fault it is not the best to trail someone in and it is not like I can afford to get a new one...I guess I could have rented a different but...yeah...probably should have done that."
The vampire commented finishing with a sigh.

Freddy nodded and she tapped her phone again to close the little portal so the incompetent tail could be sent on his way.

He frowned and nodded, "Yes... Asking the chap to keep a lookout for me, that one I could very easily understand. Quite likely, Andreas is well aware of me; I've... not been the most subtle individual in the city of late. That he had your description, though, worries me a little more.

"It is not like we have tried to hide when out on dates or just getting groceries Colin, there are a ton of cameras that will have seen us together and with a little know how the information is right there."
The Virtual Adept commented with a shrug.

This can suggest many things, but considering the chap's car, I suspect someone is trying to send us a message - that we're being watched, and that whoever it is can strike any time they like. That is part of why I told him to suggest my shop - making a point of showing I don't consider them a real threat to my person, and inviting to talk things out instead of playing silly games when we all have better things to do. I'm glad it was Andreas who sent him, though, and not the Capo; by reputation, Andreas is secure and confident in his power, while the Capo is avaricious and paranoid. A bad combination in any individual; a terrible one in a position of power."

"Yeah I think you are right, this was a bright yellow message, the good Giovanni the Elder can surely afford to hire a professional if he wanted us trailed and us not noticing, this was a way to say I am watching you, inviting him to your shop is a brave move but one that might gain you respect."
Freddy agreed with a nod.
"Yes the Capo would be more of a concern and after what you have told me he did to Shawn...he really deserve to be shone a light on, but this other Andreas...are they all named Andreas? He might be a decent fellow for all we know."
Leaning back in her seat she sigh.
"Even so we better take a few detours before we go to Westchapel, just to be sure someone else is not following us and Mr I want a different looking car was not just the distraction."

[Infirmary]

"Master Morgan asked me to create a fancy ward. To do so I need to place a drawing underneath this bed." Serge whispered absentmindedly as he took a look at the problem from a different angle. He tried to gauge whether there was just enough space under the bed for one of his arms.

"Hum...well as long as your working is not going to give of any energies that will disturb my patient we can always just move the bed."
Richard said. You could squeeze your arm in under there but it would be an uncomfortable position.

He obviously couldn't, or at the very least didn't want to, move the bed as Kira was on it. Even if he couldn't crawl underneath the bed if he could at least stick just his hand underneath with a marker he could draw while moving his vision underneath the bed to see what he was doing.

"We can just move the bed you know Serge, it is on wheels...it should be possible to move it without disturbing Kira."
Your Cabalmate said as he stood watching you surveying the bed.
"Don't stick your hand under there, the bed have allot of heavy, movable parts."
His voice was soft not to wake the girls but also quite stern.

(OOC: I have tried to crawl under one of those beds once, nope, now Serge is allot smaller than me but even he would find it hard to get under there I think, his arm though would be fine but it would be a odd angle to work in, and there are movable parts under the bed he had to be careful of.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:38 pm

[Seattle]

"Not as smooth as your Deacon's ports I fear."
Cita said then she shook her head at herself.
"And I am starting to avoid names like a Hermetic, the cost of dating one I guess."
She said with a bit of a smile.

He smiled faintly at her and then said, "It was fine, it just felt odd." He glanced at the cat, making sure it wasn't a familiar then scoured the area for cameras, traces of magick, anything that might put them at risk. If all looked clear, she gave her a nod and took up a defensive position for the group, ready for her to take them towards the right building, looking for ways inside.

//what time is it in Seattle anyways?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:50 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"Hum...well as long as your working is not going to give of any energies that will disturb my patient we can always just move the bed."
Richard said. You could squeeze your arm in under there but it would be an uncomfortable position.
Anja wrote:"We can just move the bed you know Serge, it is on wheels...it should be possible to move it without disturbing Kira."
Your Cabalmate said as he stood watching you surveying the bed.
"Don't stick your hand under there, the bed have allot of heavy, movable parts."
His voice was soft not to wake the girls but also quite stern.

"This thing has wheels?" Serge said slightly surprised, moving his head slightly to the right to notice them.

"Neat....anyways I wanted to avoid having moving the bed because I was afraid I'd disturb Kira. But if you say we can move it without disturbing her, then that'd be for the best."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:40 pm

[Streets of Boston]
Anja wrote:"I have heard that Master Tear have gotten a ride over to Lux with Adley, Rosa or Mr Von Hess quite often probably she have a patient to check on. But yeah I would not enter into a Core War with you love."
"I love you but your Avatar is terrifying."
She declared and this made Mia chuckle.
"Yeah Flame Wars are often spectator sports and it is not just about having a fit and throwing insults you need to be clever as well, a good burn have to be clever, we have them at times just for fun and for cred."
The Virtual Adept admitted.
"Is it the old or the new version of Certamen you are going to learn? I have tried the old version, it is cool almost like a computer game but the House Thig guy I was dueling, again just for the lols wiped the floor with me."
She added with a frown.
"It was still fun though."
Colin grinned, "The old one, primarily, but possibly both. The Chief expressed an amused interest in potentially seeing me scrub the floor with a certain Quaesitor in a dueling form that is a Hermetic specialty..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well, I am neither a super spy or super rich and this is my car okey. I am a creative person so I did not want a regular boring dark blue or black car I wanted one that looks fun, this car looks fun, it is not my fault it is not the best to trail someone in and it is not like I can afford to get a new one...I guess I could have rented a different but...yeah...probably should have done that."
The vampire commented finishing with a sigh.

Freddy nodded and she tapped her phone again to close the little portal so the incompetent tail could be sent on his way.
He grinned, "Well, it is a very nice, distinct car. Just poorly suited for this particular task."

Anja wrote:"It is not like we have tried to hide when out on dates or just getting groceries Colin, there are a ton of cameras that will have seen us together and with a little know how the information is right there."
The Virtual Adept commented with a shrug.
He nodded, "True enough."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I think you are right, this was a bright yellow message, the good Giovanni the Elder can surely afford to hire a professional if he wanted us trailed and us not noticing, this was a way to say I am watching you, inviting him to your shop is a brave move but one that might gain you respect."
Freddy agreed with a nod.
"Yes the Capo would be more of a concern and after what you have told me he did to Shawn...he really deserve to be shone a light on, but this other Andreas...are they all named Andreas? He might be a decent fellow for all we know."
Leaning back in her seat she sigh.
"Even so we better take a few detours before we go to Westchapel, just to be sure someone else is not following us and Mr I want a different looking car was not just the distraction."
He shrugged, "I don't know the Capo's name, it's never come up. Andreas the Older, though, has dueled Lady Crexia and lost. At Necromancy. By reputation, he's as decent as you could expect for an old vampire who is also a Master of Necromancy."
He frowned, "More importantly, he strikes me as a more academic, philosophical sort than the type to strive for power for power's sake. I would probably not want to pursue a friendship with him, obviously, but cordial business-like relations could well be useful."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:24 pm

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'Marshes? Is there any marshes by Boston?' Nicole replied with a frown.

[Perhaps not, but it is akin to (for example) joining the "State Church" so you can get that job or becoming a member of "The Party" so you get promoted. In fact, a couple of the NPC examples has such characters, like the Lancea "lacklustre priest" who's kept around for other (usually temporal) reasons. Anyway, I follow the Zeroth Rule of WoD ST: "It's your game dammit!". There's enough in the canon to support both of our arguments...]

[Nicole's actually rather polite, when you take into account what she *doesn't* say.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:19 pm

[Seattle]

He smiled faintly at her and then said, "It was fine, it just felt odd." He glanced at the cat, making sure it wasn't a familiar then scoured the area for cameras, traces of magick, anything that might put them at risk. If all looked clear, she gave her a nod and took up a defensive position for the group, ready for her to take them towards the right building, looking for ways inside.

Cita smiled a little at that.
"I am glad to hear that."
She said as she begun to lead the way towards the back entrance of a old, several stories building.
"Our target's room where on the third floor right?"
She asked as she checked the dossier.
"Yeah seam so."
She muttered.

Once inside it got quite peopley, there where kids of collage age everywhere and they where spreaking several different languages, it was clear that these dorms was popular among over seas students. No one made a move to stop you though but you noticed a woman, she had short, dyed red hair and was wearings jeans and a pink tshirt with a Stormtrooper on it, she woman eyed your group and at her shoulder she had a little spirit bird, it was quite beautiful, looking like it was made of fine crystal glass, the girl spoke to the bird and it took of clearly intending on following your group, whoever the girl was she could see and speak with spirits. Cita had noticed her to and she glanced at the girl and then at the bird.
"It seams we need to speak with her before moving on, let us hope she is one of ours."
The Spirit healer commented.

[Infirmary]

"This thing has wheels?" Serge said slightly surprised, moving his head slightly to the right to notice them.

"Have you never seen a hospital bed before Serge?"
"Yes it have wheels so that one can easily move patients around the hospital without having to lift them all the time if they are to ill to stand. These beds are old hospital stock."

"Neat....anyways I wanted to avoid having moving the bed because I was afraid I'd disturb Kira. But if you say we can move it without disturbing her, then that'd be for the best."

"That is kind of you."
Your Cabalmate whispered.
"But moving the bed is no problem, see this pedal here? It unlocks the wheels."
He said before he stepped on said pedal and then smoothly pulled the bed out of the way. Kira kept sleeping.
"Do your thing as long as the Resonance of it will not be a danger to Kira later."

[Streets of Boston]

Colin grinned, "The old one, primarily, but possibly both. The Chief expressed an amused interest in potentially seeing me scrub the floor with a certain Quaesitor in a dueling form that is a Hermetic specialty..."

"I would pay good money to see that."
Freddy declared with wry grin.
"The Chief could sell tickets."

He grinned, "Well, it is a very nice, distinct car. Just poorly suited for this particular task."

"Thank you...I was not really intending to tail anyone in it."
The vampire muttered in reply.

He shrugged, "I don't know the Capo's name, it's never come up. Andreas the Older, though, has dueled Lady Crexia and lost. At Necromancy. By reputation, he's as decent as you could expect for an old vampire who is also a Master of Necromancy."

"The Giovanni woman from the Euthanatos mentioned that her foster father was named Andreas."
Freddy said then she nodded.
"Hum...that would also be a duel I would have loved to see...wait what did they duel with...Necromancy so like zombie army vs zombie army? That must have been something...but yeah let us hope this necromancer do not decide to cause us more trouble."

He frowned, "More importantly, he strikes me as a more academic, philosophical sort than the type to strive for power for power's sake. I would probably not want to pursue a friendship with him, obviously, but cordial business-like relations could well be useful."

"He might be a contact worth having if he really is a decent person...decent for what he are that is...but yeah be very careful with this Colin, I am not saying you should not make contacts among the undead but vampires are a tricky sort I hear, my Mentor always warned me against getting to close to them."
The young technomancer beside you replied.

[Garage]

'Marshes? Is there any marshes by Boston?' Nicole replied with a frown.

"Yeah the Belle Isle Marsh Reservation, a nature reserve, it is full of werewolves and Verbena and there are some cabins up there as well."
Darrian replied.
"It is used for picnics and the like and further in well I did mention werewolves...do not go to far into the marches."
He warned.
"Ok we should be about ready then which car do you recommend us taking?"

(OOC: Is not Seattle around 4 hours behind Boston, that means that if it is a little after 8 in Boston it is a little after 4 in Seattle.)
(OOC 2: That is could be worse is not a good argument for someone being polite you know.)
(OOC 3: Joining a local Church, unless it is a very involved cult. Going to mass every Christmas and having your name in a Church's ledger is not the same as being a member of any of the religious Covenants it just is not they are far, far more involved and demand allot more actual participation from their member. It could be akin to joining a cult, but being in a cult do put some limitations on a person. A lackluster priest works but he is still a priest he is still heavily involved with the Sanctum. But yes of course run the game whatever way you like and I am not saying I dislike Requiem, I have played it quite a bit. I am only saying that I found the character creation more limiting than in Masquerade.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:45 pm

[Streets of Boston]
Anja wrote:"I would pay good money to see that."
Freddy declared with wry grin.
"The Chief could sell tickets."
Colin grinned, "I do believe that may be a sentiment shared by many."

Anja wrote:"The Giovanni woman from the Euthanatos mentioned that her foster father was named Andreas."
Freddy said then she nodded.
"Hum...that would also be a duel I would have loved to see...wait what did they duel with...Necromancy so like zombie army vs zombie army? That must have been something...but yeah let us hope this necromancer do not decide to cause us more trouble."
He nodded, "She didn't specify whether her foster father was the Capo, or the older, though... and I suspect a duel of Necromancy would not involve reanimated cadavers, but command over ghosts and such. That's what the word means, you know; divination by the dead. Defying the claim that dead men don't tell tales... The notion of Necromancy as reanimating hordes of the dead is, what, less than a century old?"

Anja wrote:"He might be a contact worth having if he really is a decent person...decent for what he are that is...but yeah be very careful with this Colin, I am not saying you should not make contacts among the undead but vampires are a tricky sort I hear, my Mentor always warned me against getting to close to them."
The young technomancer beside you replied.
He nodded, "Because vampires largely don't know what the Embrace will do to a Mage - which is a good thing as that keeps them from deliberately weaponizing it against us, and a less good thing, as it might convince them that it would be a boon to save us from mortality... But, we're getting into the fuzzy area of keeping friends close and enemies closer, perhaps. The Fallen have been using vampires as cat's paws, it's only proper that we help Prince King clean house in that regard - though he'd be mightily irritated if I were to, hm, directly police his kind again."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:58 pm

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'And both of these were happy Jace having his stash there?' Nicole replied, giving another frown. 'Perhaps we should talk to the local Verbena first?'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm...' looking to see if there were four or five (excepting her).

[I forgot.]

[Yes. Which is why Nicole said the vampire-nabbing would have to wait until late morning Boston-time.]

[Perhaps Nicole considers "absence of insults" as politeness?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:57 am

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"Have you never seen a hospital bed before Serge?"
"Yes it have wheels so that one can easily move patients around the hospital without having to lift them all the time if they are to ill to stand. These beds are old hospital stock."

"I never knew these were hospital beds. Or at least that fact never really stuck with me. Come to think of it I probably never looked at them from this angle before." Serge whispered innocently, his faces now inches away from the ground and turning every which way as he explored his new perspective of looking at the world.

Anja wrote:"That is kind of you."
Your Cabalmate whispered.
"But moving the bed is no problem, see this pedal here? It unlocks the wheels."
He said before he stepped on said pedal and then smoothly pulled the bed out of the way. Kira kept sleeping.
"Do your thing as long as the Resonance of it will not be a danger to Kira later."

"The resonances shouldn't disturb her. The ward is a trick barrier meant to protect those within it by manipulating the emotions of those on the outside who try to bypass it. It's effect will be around the chantry, not through it despite where the pictures are placed." He said softly, clearing out the dust and debris from the floor.

He took a deep breath in a began to draw. Continuing with the theme he had in his mind, he drew the famous bugs bunny. The wascally wabbit who had tricked and bamboozled gullible men for decades by taking advantage of their egos, lust and pride. That was another major aspect of the ward, to take a person's strongest emotions and use it against them. To make them believe they have won when in reality they were no where near the finish line.

When he was finished he got up and looked back at his cabalamate. "But just in case, keep a close eye on your patients. If you feel like my magick does disturb your patients feel free to erase this drawing. That'll disrupt the spell and end it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:52 am

[Streets of Boston]

Colin grinned, "I do believe that may be a sentiment shared by many."

"See we have a good source of revenue for our Chantry here."
Freddy joked.

He nodded, "She didn't specify whether her foster father was the Capo, or the older, though...

"True..."

and I suspect a duel of Necromancy would not involve reanimated cadavers, but command over ghosts and such. That's what the word means, you know; divination by the dead. Defying the claim that dead men don't tell tales... The notion of Necromancy as reanimating hordes of the dead is, what, less than a century old?"

"Really it means divination by the dead...so...it is like cartomancy oh...yeah that makes sense, well that would be a more boring duel than what I imagined with this big battle between scores of zombies and walking skeletons."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.
"For that would be something to see."

He nodded, "Because vampires largely don't know what the Embrace will do to a Mage - which is a good thing as that keeps them from deliberately weaponizing it against us, and a less good thing, as it might convince them that it would be a boon to save us from mortality... But, we're getting into the fuzzy area of keeping friends close and enemies closer, perhaps. The Fallen have been using vampires as cat's paws, it's only proper that we help Prince King clean house in that regard - though he'd be mightily irritated if I were to, hm, directly police his kind again."

"Hum...yes that is a danger that a vampire friend would decide to ehm...save a wounded mage friend, but surely they can be explained about that?"
"I know many mages have vampire friends. Deacon Sharaya for example are friends with one of them, and Mrs Knox is even married to one so it can be done."

[Garage]

'Hmm...' looking to see if there were four or five (excepting her).

You are five people all in all so you would all fit into a regular car.

[Infirmary]

"I never knew these were hospital beds. Or at least that fact never really stuck with me. Come to think of it I probably never looked at them from this angle before." Serge whispered innocently, his faces now inches away from the ground and turning every which way as he explored his new perspective of looking at the world.

"We do not usually need to be able to move someone around the infirmary, but a hospital bed have some finesses that can be very useful. I went on a website that deal in second hand hospital supplies and got these for the infirmary, they where a bitch to get up here but they work pretty well. I like that we can raise and lower them for example."
Richard explained.

The resonances shouldn't disturb her. The ward is a trick barrier meant to protect those within it by manipulating the emotions of those on the outside who try to bypass it. It's effect will be around the chantry, not through it despite where the pictures are placed." He said softly, clearing out the dust and debris from the floor.

"That sounds fair enough."
The Akashic accepted with a nod.

He took a deep breath in a began to draw. Continuing with the theme he had in his mind, he drew the famous bugs bunny. The wascally wabbit who had tricked and bamboozled gullible men for decades by taking advantage of their egos, lust and pride. That was another major aspect of the ward, to take a person's strongest emotions and use it against them. To make them believe they have won when in reality they were no where near the finish line.

When he was finished he got up and looked back at his cabalamate. "But just in case, keep a close eye on your patients. If you feel like my magick does disturb your patients feel free to erase this drawing. That'll disrupt the spell and end it."

"I will keep it in mind Serge but I am sure from what you say it will be fine."
Richard said with a smile.
"So can I roll Kira's bed back into place again then?"
He asked.
"So you are running around the Chantry like a mad man drawing around the entire Chantry?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 am

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'We can take the Vic.' pulling out the other keys and putting them on the workbench most in view. 'When the others come down, tell them they're there...' nodding to Miles.

[You missed the part where Nicole suggests visiting the local Verbena first...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:15 am

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"We do not usually need to be able to move someone around the infirmary, but a hospital bed have some finesses that can be very useful. I went on a website that deal in second hand hospital supplies and got these for the infirmary, they where a bitch to get up here but they work pretty well. I like that we can raise and lower them for example."
Richard explained.

"Man you can get anything on the internet." he said amusingly.

Anja wrote:"I will keep it in mind Serge but I am sure from what you say it will be fine."
Richard said with a smile.
"So can I roll Kira's bed back into place again then?"
He asked."

"Go right ahead." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"So you are running around the Chantry like a mad man drawing around the entire Chantry?

"Well....." he said, pausing slightly to think, "....Yeah. I'm still a little freaked out that Master Morgan asked me to do this. A ward this complex needs a lot backing it. And to do it by the end of the day is kinda stressing me out. I got the idea for these picture placement after staring at the chantry blueprints for a while. Now I'm just hoping it works and I can pull this off."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:00 am

[Garage]

'And both of these were happy Jace having his stash there?' Nicole replied, giving another frown. 'Perhaps we should talk to the local Verbena first?'

"The head of the local Verbena would be Master Nassa Miss Bouchard and I did speak with him, he said that the park is wast and the werewolf territory is further in. So no neither the Verbena nor the lupines would be happy that Jace have his stash there but likely they don't know."
Darrian replied.

'We can take the Vic.' pulling out the other keys and putting them on the workbench most in view. 'When the others come down, tell them they're there...' nodding to Miles.

"If I am here at that point, since I have guard duty in a bit, I will do so, if not I will write a sign and put it up, keys here."
Miles agreed as he was putting tools away after his project was done. Your group was gathering by the Vic.
"Let us hope this turns out just being an easy pick up."
Darrian said.
"But nothing have been easy lately have it."

[Infirmary]

"Man you can get anything on the internet." he said amusingly.

"You can and it is a win for everyone, smaller clinics can pick up supplies cheaper so that they are able to get up and running, bigger hospitals get in some money by selling old equipment and it gets reused which is good for the environment."
Richard replied with a nod.

"Go right ahead." Serge said with a nod.

Your Cabalmate gently pushed the bed back into place and stepped on the pedals again to lock the wheels into place.

"Well....." he said, pausing slightly to think, "....Yeah. I'm still a little freaked out that Master Morgan asked me to do this. A ward this complex needs a lot backing it. And to do it by the end of the day is kinda stressing me out. I got the idea for these picture placement after staring at the chantry blueprints for a while. Now I'm just hoping it works and I can pull this off."

"Master Morgan would not have given you this task unless he thought you could pull it off Serge, I am sure your ward will work fine."
Richard said with a smile then he got distracted as the young Nephanda whimpered in her sleep and he went to check on her with concern on his face.
"Shh continue sleeping...you are safe...shh."
He whispered to her.
"All will be well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:39 pm

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'So... there ain't actually any there, then?'

Anja's Post:

A nod of thanks to this.

Anja's Post:

'Well... do we know where this place is exactly?' she replied, unlocking the Victoria and shedding her backpack and carbine. 'Less likely to piss off wolfies if we're not wandering around aimlessly...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 pm

[Garage]

So... there ain't actually any there, then?'

"Verbena or werewolves?"
Darrian replied.
"Hopefully neither, werewolves are likely to pose a considerable risk, and if there are any Verbena in the cabin where a Nephandus have stashed his bodily fluids that would be highly suspect."
Antonio commented dryly.
"Point..."
The Alchemist admitted.

Well... do we know where this place is exactly?' she replied, unlocking the Victoria and shedding her backpack and carbine. 'Less likely to piss off wolfies if we're not wandering around aimlessly...'

"Yeah we got an exact address from Mrs Von Hess."
Fran said as she got into the back of the car.
"It is at the outskirts of the marshes so we are not likely to run into shapeshifters, but just in case I have prepared a few shields that should protect us from their rampage."
Antonio said he offered Darrian the front passenger seat and got into the back as well.
"Hopefully we are not going to run into them at all."
The Alchemist said as he got in.
"I might have a device or two to get us out of trouble if we get into it but I would rather not have to hurt anyone."
Axel said as he maneuvered into the back as well putting his pack on his lap.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:06 pm

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'The first. And I meant near, not in the cabin. After all, we didn't have a clue about that vampire a few blocks away...' giving a little shrug. 'Just thought if there was one who knew the area, they could be like our guide.'

Anja's Post:

'For how long?' the Etherite quipped. 'Time to crap self, or time to spend our last moments running for our lives?'

Anja's Post:

'Does anyone have that tracking app on their cell?' Nicole calls out, putting her weapon and bag in the trunk.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:28 pm

[Garage]

'The first. And I meant near, not in the cabin. After all, we didn't have a clue about that vampire a few blocks away...' giving a little shrug. 'Just thought if there was one who knew the area, they could be like our guide.'

"Hum...well Mr Wainwright is friends with the leader of one of the packs we could try to call your Cabalmate and ask for the man's number and ask if any of his kind would be willing to help."
Darrian replied he neatly placed his cane as he leaned back in his seat.

'For how long?' the Etherite quipped. 'Time to crap self, or time to spend our last moments running for our lives?'

"If I get the shields up, they will hold for as long as I wish them to unless someone quite skilled dispell them or Paradox takes me down, however while these rotes are prepared the question is not so much was time we have if my shields go up but rather do I have the time to cast them."
Antonio said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Some of these creatures are dreadfully fast."

'Does anyone have that tracking app on their cell?' Nicole calls out, putting her weapon and bag in the trunk.

"What tracing app?"
Fran asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:41 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"Master Morgan would not have given you this task unless he thought you could pull it off Serge, I am sure your ward will work fine."
Richard said with a smile then he got distracted as the young Nephanda whimpered in her sleep and he went to check on her with concern on his face.
"Shh continue sleeping...you are safe...shh."
He whispered to her.
"All will be well."

"I hope so." he said with a nod. "Anyways, I shouldn't disturb you anymore. Next stop for me is the third floor, directly below here. If my eyeballed measurements are right, that should mean its in the middle of the hallway." he said pulling out the chantry blueprints. "I'll see you later guys." he said with a wave of farewell to the two infimary workers before heading down to the third floor.

[Third Floor]

When Serge got to the third floor, he made his way to its center point directly underneath his previous two drawings, hoping to himself that he hadn't gotten his estimation wrong.

(OOC: So there are two different version of the 3rd and 2nd floor . Strife's and Your's.

Thankfully both of them should work without Serge needing to break into anyone's room. For the Strife version I believe the centre point where Serge wants to draw would be on the wall in between the 3rd and 02 labels. For your version it would just be on the floor right in the center. Let me know if my reasoning is ok or if I'm missing something.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next