Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

5 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 31 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"It seams Anna have this one in the bag Sir, but I am game is is one of the magic villains, there are a few of those since Superman is sensitive to magic?"
Yu Die asked.
"Is is Magyck or however his name is pronounced?"
Anna asked.

"Close enough. You guys are tied." he said with a smile. "The character is Mxyzptlk. The most unknown charcter but the most powerful character out of all that you saw. So powerful he's the only one who broke the rule of the ward. All the other characters are depicted once and exist within the center of a floor. He's depicted 4 times and is off to the side."

Anja wrote:The young Orphan followed you and cast her spell again.
"Wow Sir you have made allot of drawings."
Yu Die commented.

"10 in total depicting 7 characters. 7 is a powerful number you know." he repeated. "Its not that many. Especially since all of them are really simple. Fun fact, the original idea for this ward involved creating the drawings over a span of seven days. Each day would be reserved for creating a single drawing and one drawing would've been a lot more complicated, taking up a much larger section then they currently do. I've always wanted to do a high ritual like that. But I was on a pretty strict time limit."

When they were were done, Serge sat down on the ground. "Let's chill here for a bit and catch our breath. How're you girls feeling? We just climbed up a good amount of stairs. And you just cast a spell 10 times in row Anna."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 31 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:05 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

A short pause while Nicole thought about this; at very least they were using the same book. A moment's thought; perhaps that was one of the reasons for the Union's success? 'Unable to tag objects due to them being in a trapped container. Hmm... we can provide pictures of both location and container. If we place a cell with an open line to you on top of the unit, can you use the signal to pinpoint the location?' the sounds of a car being opened as she retrieved one of the vials she'd got from Miles earlier.

[Which is why language teachers stress you practice with natives. That and I kept on thinking that Nicole was treading on loads of NPC's toes. Best word in this case would be 'simply'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:34 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"But...but my...electronics...."
Freddy protested.
"Anna came from the future...giving blood but how..."
She added then she looked scared.
"W...what the Union took...but...ehm...how...why...my brain?"
She asked an with confusion and a bit of stress came more pain and she groaned.
Colin nodded, "We're not entirely sure about exactly how the tissue samples made their way to Wallace Jace, but he's the one who'd made the plague... and figuring out the source convinced you to volunteer for the radical procedure to bring every strand of your DNA back to you... It required removing parts that had grown back in the interim, though, which accounts for your memory loss, but all of your brain should be back inside your skull now, nothing left missing. Right, Doctor?"

Anja wrote:"I am fine...I don...don't need it I...will be fine without...."
She tried but her voice trailed of.
"But what if Anna get scared?"
She asked.
"Well then keep your arms under the covers Miss Adlebloom."
Dr Haderman said with his infinite pragmatism.
He shook his head, "Anna warned us that if you skip your pain management to spare her, there will be more damage that will take longer to heal, with more discomfort for you - and you've got a small tube in your arm, not a needle. Believe me, Anna is a LOT more scared by brain damage than by needles, and she can handle a little bit of plastic tubing."

((OOC: Schnookums and I just watched the new Jumanji movie. When the time comes, Serge is gonna love that one, too. Also, Jumanji would be a very Cultist/Virtual Adept way to Awaken people, I think...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:55 am

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "We're not entirely sure about exactly how the tissue samples made their way to Wallace Jace, but he's the one who'd made the plague... and figuring out the source convinced you to volunteer for the radical procedure to bring every strand of your DNA back to you... It required removing parts that had grown back in the interim, though, which accounts for your memory loss, but all of your brain should be back inside your skull now, nothing left missing. Right, Doctor?"

"That is correct Mr Wainwright."
Dr Hadermann said politely.
Freddy looked at you with wide eyes.
"There was a sickness made from me? What sort of sickness?"

He shook his head, "Anna warned us that if you skip your pain management to spare her, there will be more damage that will take longer to heal, with more discomfort for you - and you've got a small tube in your arm, not a needle. Believe me, Anna is a LOT more scared by brain damage than by needles, and she can handle a little bit of plastic tubing."

"I...if you are sure love...I do not want to scare her...we should not tell her what sort of surgery I have had then."
Freddy finally agreed, you could see that she was very tired now after the short conversation and as the medicine reduced her pain she was falling back asleep.

[Cabin]

A short pause while Nicole thought about this; at very least they were using the same book. A moment's thought; perhaps that was one of the reasons for the Union's success? 'Unable to tag objects due to them being in a trapped container. Hmm... we can provide pictures of both location and container. If we place a cell with an open line to you on top of the unit, can you use the signal to pinpoint the location?' the sounds of a car being opened as she retrieved one of the vials she'd got from Miles earlier.

"Yeah sure that should be enough for me to establish a target."
Jon agreed.
"It is not ideal but it should be enough."
You heard him tapping at a tablet as you spoke with him.

[Ward Making]

"Close enough. You guys are tied." he said with a smile. "The character is Mxyzptlk. The most unknown charcter but the most powerful character out of all that you saw. So powerful he's the only one who broke the rule of the ward. All the other characters are depicted once and exist within the center of a floor. He's depicted 4 times and is off to the side."

"That makes sense Sir."
Anna said.
"He is a massive enemy for Superman since Superman as Yu Die said are sensitive towards magick."
The Orphan nodded.
"Yay we are tied."

"10 in total depicting 7 characters. 7 is a powerful number you know." he repeated. "Its not that many. Especially since all of them are really simple. Fun fact, the original idea for this ward involved creating the drawings over a span of seven days. Each day would be reserved for creating a single drawing and one drawing would've been a lot more complicated, taking up a much larger section then they currently do. I've always wanted to do a high ritual like that. But I was on a pretty strict time limit."

"Perhaps Master Morgan will allow you to do the more involved version of the Node?"
Yu Die asked..
"It is a pretty cool wards Sir."
Anna commented.
"You want me to ward all the drawings up here right?"

When they were were done, Serge sat down on the ground. "Let's chill here for a bit and catch our breath. How're you girls feeling? We just climbed up a good amount of stairs. And you just cast a spell 10 times in row Anna."

Anna was rather pale and winded.
"Yeah I might need to sit for a bit."
She muttered and she sat down on the floor.
"I am fine Sir but I worry about Anna and this is realy to cold a place for her, those with heart conditions should not get to cold."
Yu Die said and she checked on Anna with a concerned look in her eyes. Anna smiled to you.
"Yeah I did cast the spell ten times in a row."
She agreed with a smile.

[Seattle]

He let the man explain his needs, and nodded at Crexia's name to show him he knew who she was, and understood how important it was to him. "Sir, we do wish to get you back home as soon as we can, but owing to what happened we just need to make sure there's been no other trickery involved against you, to keep all of us safe."

"Very well Sodalis that is fair but I really do want to go home."
The lich said rocking back and forth and scratching his arms due to stress.

"I assume we will need to make a detour before returning him to where he wishes to go?" he asked, meaning taking him back to Steelhaven first.

"Yes certainly so."
Cita replied.

Then at the comment about checking him over, he said, "I will ask him," he said to Cita and then turned back to the lich. "Sodalis, will you allow my cohort to check you over for anything else wrong that you may be unaware of, beforehand?"

Cita nodded at that. William looked at you then he nodded.
"Yes that is agreeable."
He consented.

"Those two shouting men, now captured, are massasa. My team is going to deal with them before we can figure out how to get you home, sir. I am most thankful we found you before they were able to do anything else. Can you explain how you feel strange when you use magick?" he asked.

"Massassa ohhh poor House Tremere. There was a woman at my first Covenant...such a tragedy."
The lich said and he looked at the man on the floor then he turned his attention back to you.
"I felt as if my magick offended reality as if changing reality...Paradox...the young ones at Morningstar call it Paradox...such a strange things."

(OOC: Well among other thing I am running this game where three of five players are native English speakers so I am speaking with native speakers, but it is not likely to ever be perfect.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:38 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"That makes sense Sir."
Anna said.
"He is a massive enemy for Superman since Superman as Yu Die said are sensitive towards magick."
The Orphan nodded.
"Yay we are tied."

"Everybody wins! The best kind of victory." he said with a smile. "Mxy always kinda reminded me of Rumpelstiltskin in a way. Both strange impish creature you defeat with clever trickery and name manipulation."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps Master Morgan will allow you to do the more involved version of the Node?"
Yu Die asked..
"It is a pretty cool wards Sir."
Anna commented.
"You want me to ward all the drawings up here right?"

"Now that the wards up its not really needed. And its already freakishly strong. I might do a high ritual-esque time consuming spell another project though." he said. "Yeah, all 4 of them. There's one at each side."

Anja wrote:Anna was rather pale and winded.
"Yeah I might need to sit for a bit."
She muttered and she sat down on the floor.
"I am fine Sir but I worry about Anna and this is realy to cold a place for her, those with heart conditions should not get to cold."
Yu Die said and she checked on Anna with a concerned look in her eyes. Anna smiled to you.
"Yeah I did cast the spell ten times in a row."
She agreed with a smile.

Serge rubbed his tired legs for a second before saying, "After all that walking a little chilly fresh air to catch our breaths will probably be good for all of us. But I'll leave that up to you Anna. You wanna head back down now or after you catch your breath?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:53 am

[Ward Making]

"Everybody wins! The best kind of victory." he said with a smile. "Mxy always kinda reminded me of Rumpelstiltskin in a way. Both strange impish creature you defeat with clever trickery and name manipulation."

"The Hermetics would probably like that character then again I am not going to tell anyone other than those I completely trust the name my dad think I had before Gabriel took me to the Labyrinth...just in case the whole name stuff is right."
Anna said.
"I have been given an English name...to make me as my foster parent said...sound less exotic, but I do not like it so I took the name my Chinese birth parents gave me."
Yu Die said.
"It is a nice name."
Anna commented.

"Now that the wards up its not really needed. And its already freakishly strong. I might do a high ritual-esque time consuming spell another project though." he said. "Yeah, all 4 of them. There's one at each side."

"That makes sense Mr Yager if you are happy with the ward there is no need to redo it."
Yu Die said with a nod.
"You got it Sir."
Anna said as she went to cast her protection spell on your other drawings as well.

Serge rubbed his tired legs for a second before saying, "After all that walking a little chilly fresh air to catch our breaths will probably be good for all of us. But I'll leave that up to you Anna. You wanna head back down now or after you catch your breath?"

"I will be fine in a little while."
Anna said as she leaned back and looked up at the sky.
"And it is nice out here."
She commented.
"If you are sure."
Yu Die replied sounding concerned then something caught her eye and she pointed down at the street level.
"Who is that down there Sir?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:59 am

(OOC: I am still feeling rather tired from the train ride so I will write up a summary of this thread later, but I wanted to get the next IC thread started. Everyone get 2 exp for this thread and Serge get one free dot in the High Ritual secondary skill due to his impressive ward.

Here is the link to the next IC thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t223-the-laboratory-a-lost-lich-and-a-tragic-tale-ic-thread-43#35100

Sorry for being slow with the summary.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:26 pm

(OOC: Here is the summary of this thread it might be a little bit short as I am still feeling a bit out of it but I need to get this done now as I will have a busy week.

Colin had dinner with his family, Yu Die and Master Steelhaven, this went very well, everyone got gifts from George. After dinner Colin and Freddy went to Westchapel where several surgeons, teleporters and healers managed to pull Freddy's bio matter out of Jace's plague and restore it to her. Freddy survived but she is weak. Colin had a talk with Morninglade where he learned that she had been one of the six that Gilgulled Heylel and also that she knew who Eloine's reincarnation is. He also spoke with Dino and got delivered a warning from future Anna as well as a message that Kallan knows more than he have been letting on. He also spoke with Westchapel's Kitsune librarian and arranged for help to Joe. The sickness is no longer spreading but the Virtual Adept was severely hurt when his cybernetics went down. Freddy's grand Mentor called and he have promised to come visiting. Freddy is now awake and talking.

Adley delivered messages all over Steelhaven. He helped out with the new ward and did several rituals then he, Cita and Marian was set to pick up Wallace Jace's Clone from Seattle, they found the boy at a dorm house and he have agreed to come along peacefully but they also learned that he had befriended a lost and confused lich they now have to save.

Serge made one hell of a ward, he also read up on Banshees in the hope that he can perhaps save the creature that is coming after him.

Nicole got into an argument with a arrogant Hermetic named Flavian when she tried to organize visiting magi into teams. It was discovered through Colin's vision that they need the glad Jace kept in his lab to knock out the Exemplar guarding the Labyrinth the problem is that to get into the lab they need the spinal fluids samples he have stashed away so they do not have to use Cava or Thomas for that so Nicole gets sent to retrieve the first part of this point and click adventure game like series of needed things in a Cabin my the national park.

Let me know if I have missed something important.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31