Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

5 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 30 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... you thought of sending us regular texts to remind us of that?' Nicole replied before ending the call, wondering not for the first time that his dating experience must suck...

Once done, Nicole switched to the scanning app, to watch for any visitors while the first trap was - hopefully - disarmed. Moving back from the cabin... just in case.

Anja's Post:

'Cool. Did you learn about any weak spots on the trap? 'Cos it's likely the next one will be the same design...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 30 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:29 am

[Seattle]

Well, it seemed he was whom they thought he might have been, rather than a Marauder. "I see, sir. This is very troubling news indeed."

"This is not my home, I want back to my home and my routines Sodalis."
The lich said sounding rather pitiful, he might be heavily affected by Stasis and as such being taken out of his environment would be very stressful and terrifying.

He asked the man in Latin, "Can you tell us about who took you? What did they look or sound like? Do you think they were the dark ones, the Fallen Nephandi or perhaps the Technocracy?" he asked.

"I do not think they where Order of Reason, they they stopped my magick using their methods...they could be infernalists...at least one of them was undead...but not like me, a poor lost soul, he directed the others. I was strapped to a table and one of them shot me in the head, this made me confused, my mind mulled, every time I healed one of them shot me again while they where draining my fluids, then they tossed me out here...I was weak and I do not know where I am...this young man found me, he looked like the undead man but much younger but this boy treated me kindly and took me to this building but all he speak is a funny modern language the young mages of Morningstar speak I could not understand...I speak such a language just a little, learning new things is hard, I could not tell him to take me home. He tried to bring me food, but I can not eat, I gave it to a stray dog, it can eat...I think...yes yes dogs do eat..."
The man said rocking a little back and forth as he spoke all of his words in Latin, for the most part a few Anglican words made their way int here as well but not so many you could not understand him.
"Now I just want to go home and do what I always do Sodalis. Can you help me?"
He asked and he gave you a look of fear and despair, he really did not like being out in the modern world. William of York was immortal, ineluctable, a Master of the Art but he was helpless outside of his regular routines.

[Cabin]

Yeah... you thought of sending us regular texts to remind us of that?' Nicole replied before ending the call, wondering not for the first time that his dating experience must suck...

"I do that but most of my texts end up in your junk folder, I usually send a message a few times before anyone gets it."
Jon said with a sigh.

Once done, Nicole switched to the scanning app, to watch for any visitors while the first trap was - hopefully - disarmed. Moving back from the cabin... just in case.

No one else had shown up or left, though one of the animals had moved closer and looking up you could see a owl, a little smaller than Jareth but rather plump that sat in a tree looking at your hungrily.

Cool. Did you learn about any weak spots on the trap? 'Cos it's likely the next one will be the same design...'

"Yeah the ward is made up of three nodes or holding points, if you take out one, it go off, you have to take them all three out at once, if you do the spell just disspiates."
Antonio said, still sounding winded.
"I think I might also be able to drawin the spell, but that is more risky."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:44 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... you ever considered becoming a grifter? None of your marks would be able to give an accurate description of you...'

Anja's Post:

'Fuck off! I'm too large!' Nicole snarled at the bird, resisting the urge to either take a shot at it or to hide underneath a cabin or undergrowth.

Anja's Post:

'Is there anything we can do to make the next one easier?' she replied, nervously lighting a cigarette.

[That's an character concept of mine; person who was a gorgeous airhead who's Awakening with Arcane 4/5 convinced them it was a "punishment from God" for their vanity / promiscuity / etc. And if they do enough "good works" the Lord will allow them to be remembered again.]

[Big cats could be a problem. For they'd both have the desire and ability to consume Nick...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:15 am

[Seattle]

"This is not my home, I want back to my home and my routines Sodalis."
The lich said sounding rather pitiful

"Understandable, sodalis, I empathize, but we should find out what happened, first. To keep everyone safe."

"I do not think they where Order of Reason, they they stopped my magick using their methods...they could be infernalists...at least one of them was undead...but not like me, a poor lost soul, he directed the others. I was strapped to a table and one of them shot me in the head, this made me confused, my mind mulled, every time I healed one of them shot me again while they where draining my fluids, then they tossed me out here...I was weak and I do not know where I am...this young man found me, he looked like the undead man but much younger but this boy treated me kindly and took me to this building but all he speak is a funny modern language the young mages of Morningstar speak I could not understand...I speak such a language just a little, learning new things is hard, I could not tell him to take me home. He tried to bring me food, but I can not eat, I gave it to a stray dog, it can eat...I think...yes yes dogs do eat..."
The man said rocking a little back and forth as he spoke all of his words in Latin, for the most part a few Anglican words made their way int here as well but not so many you could not understand him.

He frowned, piecing together everything before responding to the others in English. "He says that he doesn't think it was Technocrats,  but may have used their methods to stop his magick. The serum, perhaps. He guesses infernalists. One of them was undead, and looked like an older version of him, but not a lich." he gave a short nod to Thomas. "They kept shooting him in the head, and when he healed did it again. They drained him and dumped him." He frowned. "If this is whom we may suspect, we should see if this man has come to further harm he is unaware of, if he is a carrier for something for example before we can help him return home..." He didn't want to give more particulars than need be with the vampire stuck to the ground, and gave it a sidelong glance. But it seemed that damned Jace had yet another backup, somehow and was now juicing liches.

"Now I just want to go home and do what I always do Sodalis. Can you help me?" He asked and he gave you a look of fear and despair, he really did not like being out in the modern world. William of York was immortal, ineluctable, a Master of the Art but he was helpless outside of his regular routines.

"We will try to see what we can do, sir. I know you are upset and have every right to be after such an ordeal."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:21 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"Everyone makes mistakes Sir."
Yu Die said and Anna nodded.
"Hum...both from DC, well Mr Freeze and the other cold villains like Killer Frost could work since they could freeze and intruder...so it could be them?"
The Orphan suggested.

"Sadly no. Remember, one is incredibly famous and the other is a little more obscure." he said with a smirk. "I'm certain you've seen a pattern with all of the other ward drawings. The ward doesn't protect, repel, or even freeze intruders. It tricks them by using their own emotions against them. The characters work similarly."

Anja wrote:You did not see anything out of the ordinary, somewhere a cat was mauing and you heard cars. The large brown owl gave a satisfied coo, opening her beak a little looking rather smug, so yes probably Jareth was on his way to get her more goodies.
"Jareth give her bits of his food and he preen her he really like her but I think she is just exploiting him."
Anna said with a chuckle.

"Romantic exploitation. A tale as old as time." he said chuckling as he knelt down and sprayed over the chalk drawing of the joker, whispering under his breath, "Make sure to tell some extra funny jokes to anyone who disturbs all right?"

When he was he got up and gave Anna some space to do her thing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:20 am

[Cabin]

Hmm... you ever considered becoming a grifter? None of your marks would be able to give an accurate description of you...'

"Not a grifter exactly but I may have ehm...helped myself of some asshole owned tech now and again without them ever remembering I was there and eventually they forgot they owned the tech in the first place."
Jon replied flatly.

'Fuck off! I'm too large!' Nicole snarled at the bird, resisting the urge to either take a shot at it or to hide underneath a cabin or undergrowth.

The owl looked rather disappointed but then seamed to realize that while you where probably delicious you where also many times his size so he flapped his wings and took of, landing in a three a bit further way, still eying you.
"What is it with you and owls?"
Fran asked and she raised an eyebrow.

'Is there anything we can do to make the next one easier?' she replied, nervously lighting a cigarette.

"I am not sure Miss Bouchard we could word in concert but it is not easy when our Paradigms diverge this much."
Antonio said.
"Well at least I have some spare Quintessence."
Darrian said and he handed the other Hermetic something in a red, velvet bag.
"Thank you Sodalis it will be put to good use."
The Scribe said then he turned to you.
"If you ask Mr ehm...ehm...your Virtual Adept Cabalmate to be ready to get the samples out, just in case all I am able to do is hold the trap back for a few seconds and make sure you keep back with the others so you are not caught in the blast if things go wrong."
He instructed with a concerned frown.

[Ward Making]

"Sadly no. Remember, one is incredibly famous and the other is a little more obscure." he said with a smirk. "I'm certain you've seen a pattern with all of the other ward drawings. The ward doesn't protect, repel, or even freeze intruders. It tricks them by using their own emotions against them. The characters work similarly."

"Hum...then it is probably either the Riddler or the Joker."
Anna said with a smile.

"Romantic exploitation. A tale as old as time." he said chuckling as he knelt down and sprayed over the chalk drawing of the joker, whispering under his breath, "Make sure to tell some extra funny jokes to anyone who disturbs all right?"

"Yeah among penguins, male penguins started giving female ones nice rocks to have ehm...relations with them, eventually the female penguins started refusing such relations but the male ones still kept bringing them nice rocks."
Yu Die said blushing at the thought of bird prostitution. Anna chuckle a little and moved forwards to again cast her spell over your drawing, once done she flexed her hands and said.
"One more down Sir...which one is next."

[Seattle]

"Understandable, sodalis, I empathize, but we should find out what happened, first. To keep everyone safe."

"I do not sleep so I read at night and work on creating new spells, at first light I make tea I do not drink, then I do lab work until dinner time, then I teach classes until eight in the evening, then I practice my spells until midnight, then I read until morning. Twice a week I wash, and on Friday's Crexia visit me and we make tea in my little copper kettle that I do not drink."
William said laying out his routine for you as if it was important.
"That is my routine and I want to get back to it."

He frowned, piecing together everything before responding to the others in English. "He says that he doesn't think it was Technocrats,  but may have used their methods to stop his magick. The serum, perhaps. He guesses infernalists. One of them was undead, and looked like an older version of him, but not a lich." he gave a short nod to Thomas. "They kept shooting him in the head, and when he healed did it again. They drained him and dumped him." He frowned. "If this is whom we may suspect, we should see if this man has come to further harm he is unaware of, if he is a carrier for something for example before we can help him return home..." He didn't want to give more particulars than need be with the vampire stuck to the ground, and gave it a sidelong glance. But it seemed that damned Jace had yet another backup, somehow and was now juicing liches.

Cita nodded, she never took her eyes of the vampire on the ground.
"I understand and we need to tell your Pater about this as soon as possible but we should not discuss it here."
She said. Marian raised an eyebrow but he did not ask he also understood this was not a good place to discuss the matter in front of Thomas and the vampire prisoner.
"Once we have dealt with the vampire I will examine the lich to see if I can find anything wrong."
Cita said.
"If he will let me that is."

"We will try to see what we can do, sir. I know you are upset and have every right to be after such an ordeal."

"This place is loud and noisy and there are people everywhere, I have none of my things and I feel strange when working magick, I do not have my tools or my tea kettle. I do not like it here."
The lich declared sullenly.
"Everywhere are things I do not understand and these rude men where shouting at me. I do not like shouting."
He said and pointed at the vampire accusingly.
"I wanted to burn him to ash, but I do not like to kill if I do not have to. I just want to go home to where I have my routine and my things and no one shouts at me."

(OOC: That is a great character concept for a Chorister or a Knights Templar.)
(OOC2: Well Helena is bringing her Bastet Custos to Steelhaven. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:10 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

A soft laugh to this, before ending the call.

Anja's Post:

'No idea. It's like they're all out to get me...' giving a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Need any more?' giving a little frown.

Anja's Post:

'I've seen him do site-to-sites of that size before. But before you start, let's get him all ready.' calling Jon back again...

[Pedantic question of the day; when you say "flatly" to you mean "in a matter-of-fact-manner"?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:11 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Oh indeed so Mr Wainwright, I do suspect the Five Metal Dragons would find me most annoying."
The Kitsune said with a sly smile.
"And agreed, getting shot is so unpleasant it is best to avoid it."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Five Metal... Ah, the Asian branch of the Technocratic Union, then? Are they as troublesome as the western version?"

Anja wrote:"None that I can think of Mr Wainwright...though your questions so far have been quite well thought out, I was asked once if I could spin my tails and fly with them."
The librarian said with a chuckle. She did not have a chance to say more though as at that time Freddy moaned weakly and you could see one of her hands slightly moving.
"I will go and get Dr Hadermann."
The Werfox said and she quickly stood.
"It looks like Miss Adlebloom is waking up."
He gripped Freddy's hand in his as she stirred, "I know one of the pilots in town has a sticker of that particular fox on his helicopter - I believe it is from a game or cartoon, or both... but thank you, I'll stay right here."
He smiled down at Freddy, "Hello, Luv, you've been out of it for a little while. It worked..."

((OOC: Sounds not too dissimilar to a Vampire character a friend of mine played. Total him-bo, a dandy of the worst kind, with long, gorgeous hair. His physical appearance was the sole motivating factor for the guy, with an Appearance of 5 (with his daily routine every morning) as a mortal, even. So when he started worrying that his good looks might not last forever, and learned that vampires never age or suffer permanent damage to their good looks, he got Embraced... by a Lasombra. The first night of his afterlife, he took one good look in the mirror, and committed a frenzied Diablerie on his Sire. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:34 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Five Metal... Ah, the Asian branch of the Technocratic Union, then? Are they as troublesome as the western version?"

"Yes and no, within Asia there are greater understanding between supernatural creatures but they do still cause problems and are best avoided."
The librarian replied with a nod.

He gripped Freddy's hand in his as she stirred, "I know one of the pilots in town has a sticker of that particular fox on his helicopter - I believe it is from a game or cartoon, or both... but thank you, I'll stay right here."

"Yes indeed Mr Wainwright I do believe it is from a game or a cartoon...and no I van not fly with my tails. Well I should go and get Dr Hadermann."
The Kitsune said before the quietly left.

He smiled down at Freddy, "Hello, Luv, you've been out of it for a little while. It worked..."

Freddy opened her eyes slowly though they did not focus properly and she made a pained sound again, she was clearly in some pain.

[Cabin]

'No idea. It's like they're all out to get me...' giving a shrug.

"I would say you are imagining thing but that bird looked hungry and I have seen Jareth sitting out your window at night looking in hungrily."
Fran said giving you a bit of a look.
"So yeah you seam to have a way with birds."

'Need any more?' giving a little frown.

"It would be helpful, Tass do make spellwork easier."
Antonio said.

I've seen him do site-to-sites of that size before. But before you start, let's get him all ready.' calling Jon back again...

Antonio nodded that he would wait. Jon replied quickly.
"Yeah it is me, what do you need Nicole."
He asked.

(OOC: Yes it means something said with no emotion.)
(OOC 2: Poor Lasombra. Razz )
(OOC 3: I had to pause pose writing due to puppy visit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:18 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Yes and no, within Asia there are greater understanding between supernatural creatures but they do still cause problems and are best avoided."
The librarian replied with a nod.
Colin nodded, "Well, that, at least, remains a constant, then..."

Anja wrote:Freddy opened her eyes slowly though they did not focus properly and she made a pained sound again, she was clearly in some pain.
He smiled warmly, "There, there, luv, Dr. Hadermann should be coming by with something for the pain. I'm afraid I'm not quite qualified to prescribe the right medication for you, though I should be quite capable of administering it as needed, once we get home..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:29 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "Well, that, at least, remains a constant, then..."

"Yes very much so Mr Wainwright."
The Kitsune replied with a thin smiled.

He smiled warmly, "There, there, luv, Dr. Hadermann should be coming by with something for the pain. I'm afraid I'm not quite qualified to prescribe the right medication for you, though I should be quite capable of administering it as needed, once we get home..."

Freddy whimpered and she managed to focus her eyes on you.
"W...where...am I?"
She managed weakly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:38 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:Freddy whimpered and she managed to focus her eyes on you.
"W...where...am I?"
She managed weakly.
He smiled, "You're in the Westchapel infirmary, recovering from surgery... What's the last you remember, Luv?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:06 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

A short pause before Nicole replied. 'Yeah. It's why I didn't get that job at Hooters.' giving a tiny, somewhat forced smile at the rather lame pun.

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, then moved towards the car to get her webbing.

Anja's Post:

'Have got past the first trap, are plotting the second one. But might be able to only temporarily disable it. You can do a site-to-site transport on the samples alone, right?'

[It's just that 'flatly' is often used to show speech where the speaker is either a) closing down the emotional connection of the conversation and/or b) trying to close down that topic - just asking for clarification, as English isn't your native...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:12 pm

[Westchapel]

He smiled, "You're in the Westchapel infirmary, recovering from surgery... What's the last you remember, Luv?"

"W...we went to the movies, with Anna."
Freddy muttered weakly. You had taken the Virtual Adept and Anna out to the cinema, after Freddy had carefully checked if the movie in question was safe for your apprentice, and then out for dinner, Thursday last week.
"Was...I in an accident?"
Freddy asked struggling to speak.
"We are not...under attack are we?"

[Cabin]

A short pause before Nicole replied. 'Yeah. It's why I didn't get that job at Hooters.' giving a tiny, somewhat forced smile at the rather lame pun.

Fran gave a slight chuckle.

Nicole nodded to this, then moved towards the car to get her webbing.

You found your equipment where you left it.

'Have got past the first trap, are plotting the second one. But might be able to only temporarily disable it. You can do a site-to-site transport on the samples alone, right?'

"Yeah that is not a problem...can you give me exact coordinates or tag the samples, or at least give me a picture of the room for me to work from?"
Jon asked.

(OOC: I did not know that I mean speech when one do not add allot of emotion to it.)
(OOC 2: I will be slow responding later today for I am going home by train today so I will be on a train all day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:21 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"W...we went to the movies, with Anna."
Freddy muttered weakly. You had taken the Virtual Adept and Anna out to the cinema, after Freddy had carefully checked if the movie in question was safe for your apprentice, and then out for dinner, Thursday last week.
"Was...I in an accident?"
Freddy asked struggling to speak.
"We are not...under attack are we?"
Colin sighed, "They warned me you might suffer some temporary memory loss. It might come back to you, but... it's kind of a long story. We went to the movies nine days ago, or is it ten now? In any case, there was no accident, but I'll explain once Dr. Hadermann is here."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:31 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin sighed, "They warned me you might suffer some temporary memory loss. It might come back to you, but... it's kind of a long story. We went to the movies nine days ago, or is it ten now? In any case, there was no accident, but I'll explain once Dr. Hadermann is here."

"O...ok but Anna and by Cabal...and everyone are okey...they are not hurt right?"
Freddy whispered she seamed rather confused and she closed her eyes against the lights in the infirmary they clearly bothered her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:53 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"O...ok but Anna and by Cabal...and everyone are okey...they are not hurt right?"
Freddy whispered she seamed rather confused and she closed her eyes against the lights in the infirmary they clearly bothered her.
Colin nodded, "None of ours are hurt. Oh, and Yu Die has moved in at Steelhaven for a while; looks like Dr. Wong was duped into using a needle on her. But everyone's fine, at least as of when we headed over here. Hang on, let me see what I can do..."
He grimaced a little, willing the light to dim around Freddy's face, as though a thin veil was hung up around her.

((OOC: So, Arete rolls for a Forces 2 effect to dim the light, no Foci and no Node available... Might be a bit tricky. Arete rolls: 4,7,9 - 1,5,9 - 4,6,7. I think that should be enough to stick for a little bit, at least... One success to effect and two to duration? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:01 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "None of ours are hurt. Oh, and Yu Die has moved in at Steelhaven for a while; looks like Dr. Wong was duped into using a needle on her. But everyone's fine, at least as of when we headed over here. Hang on, let me see what I can do..."

"Good...that is good...that no one is hurt...and Anna will like having Yu Die at Steelhaven for a while..but poor Dr Wong he is in the doghouse then."
Freddy managed but she was pretty worn out and talking was difficult.
"Fuck my head!"
She muttered.

He grimaced a little, willing the light to dim around Freddy's face, as though a thin veil was hung up around her.

You shaded Freddy's eyes from the light in the room and the young Virtual Adept calmed down.
"Thank you."
She muttered. At this time Dr Hadermann entered the room.
"Is she awake?"
He asked.
"Our librarian told me Miss Adlebloom seamed to have woken up."

(OOC: That works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:11 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Good...that is good...that no one is hurt...and Anna will like having Yu Die at Steelhaven for a while..but poor Dr Wong he is in the doghouse then."
Freddy managed but she was pretty worn out and talking was difficult.
"Fuck my head!"
She muttered.
Colin smiled wryly, "Oh, the two are quite pleased with that arrangement... and Dr. Wong acknowledges that he erred badly - though I believe it was not his fault, that he was manipulated and his hand was forced, likely without him realizing. Because a Fallen Technocrat already knew and had Yu Die cornered when we found her... and there's only one way he could have known in advance. Of course, the bastard rests in a pair of buckets in our basement now, unless his earthly remains have been poured out somewhere already."

Anja wrote:You shaded Freddy's eyes from the light in the room and the young Virtual Adept calmed down.
"Thank you."
She muttered. At this time Dr Hadermann entered the room.
"Is she awake?"
He asked.
"Our librarian told me Miss Adlebloom seamed to have woken up."
He smiled, "I figured a few things out today, Luv - seems to happen a bit more frequently when I'm under some sort of pressure."
He nodded to Hadermann, "She is, and she's unsurprisingly in pain, and rather sensitive to light. I've placed a magical veil over her head to soften the latter, at least. She doesn't remember after Thursday last week; I've not yet caught her entirely up on things... such as why we're here."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:23 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled wryly, "Oh, the two are quite pleased with that arrangement... and Dr. Wong acknowledges that he erred badly - though I believe it was not his fault, that he was manipulated and his hand was forced, likely without him realizing. Because a Fallen Technocrat already knew and had Yu Die cornered when we found her... and there's only one way he could have known in advance. Of course, the bastard rests in a pair of buckets in our basement now, unless his earthly remains have been poured out somewhere already."

"One less Nephandus...good..."
Freddy whispered.
"Is Yu Die going to be okey?"

He smiled, "I figured a few things out today, Luv - seems to happen a bit more frequently when I'm under some sort of pressure."

"Congratulations...I am proud of you love..."
The young Virtual Adept whispered weakly and she winced.

He nodded to Hadermann, "She is, and she's unsurprisingly in pain, and rather sensitive to light. I've placed a magical veil over her head to soften the latter, at least. She doesn't remember after Thursday last week; I've not yet caught her entirely up on things... such as why we're here."

"Some short time memory loss is to be expected."
Dr Hadermann said and he went to find a bottle of medicine, he double checked the writing on it and filled a syringe and gave it to Freddy through her IV.
"This should ease her discomfort, I will send a note to Dr Lee about dosage."
He said and Freddy muttered weakly.
"I...can not keep the..caterers...they will scare Anna...I will be fine..."
The Etherite shook his head.
"No Miss Adlebloom you need adequate pain relief to be able to relax and heal."
He said but Freddy frowned.
"I do not want to scare Anna..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:34 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"One less Nephandus...good..."
Freddy whispered.
"Is Yu Die going to be okey?"
Colin smiled wryly, "She's still on course to give us our first grandchild, so I should say very much so."

Anja wrote:"Some short time memory loss is to be expected."
Dr Hadermann said and he went to find a bottle of medicine, he double checked the writing on it and filled a syringe and gave it to Freddy through her IV.
"This should ease her discomfort, I will send a note to Dr Lee about dosage."
He said and Freddy muttered weakly.
"I...can not keep the..caterers...they will scare Anna...I will be fine..."
The Etherite shook his head.
"No Miss Adlebloom you need adequate pain relief to be able to relax and heal."
He said but Freddy frowned.
"I do not want to scare Anna..."
He shook his head, voice stern, "Oh, no, you don't, Luv. You're keeping the catheter, and you're going to get your intravenous pain management, or I will withhold desserts and take away your electronics until Christmas. That's not just my orders, that's Anna's orders, as well. She came from the future to make sure you had enough blood to pull you through this ordeal, and she said she was more scared of your condition from trying to put on a brave face and skipping your intravenous meds than she would have been by the catheter in your arm. And I am going to take that word as gospel, do you hear? You've just had bits of your brain removed and put back into place; the bits the Union stole have all been returned to you now. With just a little bit of luck, you won't need the seizure medication in the future... but you are not going to skip out on giving your brain the painkillers you need to let it work out the connections peacefully, do you hear?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:53 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled wryly, "She's still on course to give us our first grandchild, so I should say very much so."

"Yeah...that is good."
Freddy muttered softly.

He shook his head, voice stern, "Oh, no, you don't, Luv. You're keeping the catheter, and you're going to get your intravenous pain management, or I will withhold desserts and take away your electronics until Christmas. That's not just my orders, that's Anna's orders, as well. She came from the future to make sure you had enough blood to pull you through this ordeal, and she said she was more scared of your condition from trying to put on a brave face and skipping your intravenous meds than she would have been by the catheter in your arm. And I am going to take that word as gospel, do you hear? You've just had bits of your brain removed and put back into place; the bits the Union stole have all been returned to you now. With just a little bit of luck, you won't need the seizure medication in the future... but you are not going to skip out on giving your brain the painkillers you need to let it work out the connections peacefully, do you hear?"

"But...but my...electronics...."
Freddy protested.
"Anna came from the future...giving blood but how..."
She added then she looked scared.
"W...what the Union took...but...ehm...how...why...my brain?"
She asked an with confusion and a bit of stress came more pain and she groaned.
"I am fine...I don...don't need it I...will be fine without...."
She tried but her voice trailed of.
"But what if Anna get scared?"
She asked.
"Well then keep your arms under the covers Miss Adlebloom."
Dr Haderman said with his infinite pragmatism.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:50 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"Hum...then it is probably either the Riddler or the Joker."
Anna said with a smile.

"Anna right! It's the Clown Prince of Crime! The Joker!" Serge said in a game show announcer voice. "That puts Anna up to three points. I'll say the last character is worth two cause not many people know about him. That way Yu Die can at least try to make it even. I'll give you a few more hints. He's a superman villain and the way to defeat him is a little similar to how you would defeat Rumpelstiltskin."

Anja wrote:"Yeah among penguins, male penguins started giving female ones nice rocks to have ehm...relations with them, eventually the female penguins started refusing such relations but the male ones still kept bringing them nice rocks."
Yu Die said blushing at the thought of bird prostitution."
Anna chuckle a little and moved forwards to again cast her spell over your drawing, once done she flexed her hands and said.
"One more down Sir...which one is next.

"The 4 at each cardinal direction." Serge said chuckling a little at the desperate penguins. "After that we'll be done."

He walked up to each of the pictures that depicted the Mxyzptlk and began to spray them with the dealing spray, whispering "Last but not least."

When he was done spraying he let Anna perform her spells.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:21 pm

[Ward Making]

"It seams Anna have this one in the bag Sir, but I am game is is one of the magic villains, there are a few of those since Superman is sensitive to magic?"
Yu Die asked.
"Is is Magyck or however his name is pronounced?"
Anna asked.

The young Orphan followed you and cast her spell again.
"Wow Sir you have made allot of drawings."
Yu Die commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:42 pm

[Seattle]

"I do not sleep so I read at night and work on creating new spells, at first light I make tea I do not drink, then I do lab work until dinner time, then I teach classes until eight in the evening, then I practice my spells until midnight, then I read until morning. Twice a week I wash, and on Friday's Crexia visit me and we make tea in my little copper kettle that I do not drink."
William said laying out his routine for you as if it was important.
"That is my routine and I want to get back to it."

He let the man explain his needs, and nodded at Crexia's name to show him he knew who she was, and understood how important it was to him. "Sir, we do wish to get you back home as soon as we can, but owing to what happened we just need to make sure there's been no other trickery involved against you, to keep all of us safe."

"I understand and we need to tell your Pater about this as soon as possible but we should not discuss it here."
She said.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Once we have dealt with the vampire I will examine the lich to see if I can find anything wrong." Cita said. "If he will let me that is."

"I assume we will need to make a detour before returning him to where he wishes to go?" he asked, meaning taking him back to Steelhaven first. Then at the comment about checking him over, he said, "I will ask him," he said to Cita and then turned back to the lich. "Sodalis, will you allow my cohort to check you over for anything else wrong that you may be unaware of, beforehand?"

"This place is loud and noisy and there are people everywhere, I have none of my things and I feel strange when working magick, I do not have my tools or my tea kettle. I do not like it here."
The lich declared sullenly.
"Everywhere are things I do not understand and these rude men where shouting at me. I do not like shouting."
He said and pointed at the vampire accusingly.
"I wanted to burn him to ash, but I do not like to kill if I do not have to. I just want to go home to where I have my routine and my things and no one shouts at me."

"Those two shouting men, now captured, are massasa. My team is going to deal with them before we can figure out how to get you home, sir. I am most thankful we found you before they were able to do anything else. Can you explain how you feel strange when you use magick?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next