Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

5 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 29 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:36 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "That makes some sense. I'm given to understand the kinfolk distinction only holds true for a few generations, too, though I don't know if that holds equally true for both humans and the four-legged kin. Not, of course, that it is more than an academic curiosity for me."

"It can last for up to ten generations but that is very rare, usually a child is born kinfolk just a few generations from a shapeshifter."
The library replied.
"Why where you asking?"

He smiled and gave a slight nod, "I try to do my research."
He frowned, "Serving the Wyrm, though - do you mean they serve the natural, healthy forces of Entropy, or the... tainted variant of the Black Spiral Dancers?"

"We do not really have that distinction Mr Wainwright, serving the Wyrm is serving the Wyrm however where the Black Spiral Dancers only want to destroy my sisters and brothers from China wish for balance between the two qualities of the Wyrm himself."
The Kitsune replied firmly.

He grinned, "You are quite correct, I would not, and it would not be polite. Hum, in any case, I do have a silver dagger on me, but that is for cutting distances, not solid matter. It is about as sharp as your average spoon."

"I do appreciate the warning Mr Wainwright."
Miss Takahashi said with a warm smile.

He paused, "If you don't mind my asking, though, how skilled are you in magic? I mean, I myself am an Adept of Time, and with three other Initiate ranks and some Apprentice ranks, on paper... In practice, it's more like six Initiate ranks, a modest Apprentice rank with what is called Spirit, and a fair bit of finesse and luck. But I'm not sure how that would compare to the ranking system for Linear work. I do know one Hermetic Hedge Wizard who could shut down pretty much my entire Chantry for the day if he thought it necessary, and there'd only be maybe three or four people present with the speed and strength to stop him, so long as he managed to do it one-on-one... so I would not underestimate Linear work."

The librarian considered your question for a moment.
"It is hard to find an exact comparison of powers. I practice Path Magic a fairly common hedge wizardry system. I have mastered one Path, are practiced in another and dabble in a few more. I know enough to use my magic efficiently in combat should I need to do so, and I do not know what is the most efficient it or my Gifts."
She explained after a while.
"I am I guess at the competency level of a Hermetic Second Degree initiate and in fact several Kitsune have been initiated as hedge wizard members of Traditions, then mostly Akashic Brotherhood but Order of Hermes as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 29 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:11 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"It can last for up to ten generations but that is very rare, usually a child is born kinfolk just a few generations from a shapeshifter."
The library replied.
"Why where you asking?"
Colin's eyebrows rose a bit, "Ten generations? My goodness, that could reasonably mean... there could be kinfolk alive today whose family's last interaction with a shapeshifter was before the American Revolution... Ah, but as I said, mostly academic curiosity. I know some kinfolk in the city, and having a vague idea as to how far back their lineages might run could be useful... Hum, from the way you phrased it, though, did you mean it might skip a generetion or two?"

Anja wrote:"We do not really have that distinction Mr Wainwright, serving the Wyrm is serving the Wyrm however where the Black Spiral Dancers only want to destroy my sisters and brothers from China wish for balance between the two qualities of the Wyrm himself."
The Kitsune replied firmly.
He nodded, "Duly noted."

Anja wrote:The librarian considered your question for a moment.
"It is hard to find an exact comparison of powers. I practice Path Magic a fairly common hedge wizardry system. I have mastered one Path, are practiced in another and dabble in a few more. I know enough to use my magic efficiently in combat should I need to do so, and I do not know what is the most efficient it or my Gifts."
She explained after a while.
"I am I guess at the competency level of a Hermetic Second Degree initiate and in fact several Kitsune have been initiated as hedge wizard members of Traditions, then mostly Akashic Brotherhood but Order of Hermes as well."
He nodded, "I shall have to ask my Hermetic Cabalmate more about their ranking systems, then. But for comparison, the things I can do is to create a bolt of raw Quintessence as a weapon, I can shuffle a deck of cards randomly and draw the cards in any predetermined order, I can temporarily turn a wooden board into metal, or vice versa, and make a candle flame perform a bellydance... and I can see through space and time, at things that happened long ago in another country, or things to come, and teleport small items to and from myself. As a rough guideline, that's pretty much where my power stands at present. Well, and I can see and speak with spirits, though I don't have much authority or power over them."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:07 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Yet he's using "mystical" defences. Gone native, he has...'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, you able to pull off a site-to-site transport? Found the samples, but they're in a trapped refrigerator which is in a trapped cabin. Naturally, don't want to take any chances them samples are destroyed...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:42 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:Richard watched you work then he nodded.
"Certinly you can bring Anna in, no there should not be anything to scare her here, I keep my supplies in that cabinet, in drawers."
He said and pointed at a clean, white cabinet with a series of drawers under the cabinet doors.
"I had Bee on a IV drip to get some nourishment into her, she have not been eating enough, and I have left the cateter in place for now but her hand is under the covers and our new patient here did not allow me to use anything that will...ehm...poke out of her skin after what she experienced so that is out of the question."
He said with a nod but he took the time to look around the room just to be sure.
"Yeah all clear...I felt your ward go up by the way Serge...good work."
The Akashic said with a warm smile.

"Thanks." he said with a bright smile, enjoying the large amount of praise he was receiving. "This is probably the biggest spell I've done today. Hopefully it'll be of some help to the chantry."

He gave Beatrice a quick worried glance before heading outside the infirmary to Anna, "Coast is all clear. You can come in now." he said, leading her to the drawing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:43 pm

[Ward Making]

"Thanks." he said with a bright smile, enjoying the large amount of praise he was receiving. "This is probably the biggest spell I've done today. Hopefully it'll be of some help to the chantry."

"I am sure it will Serge, the ward feels...solid."
Richard said with a encouraging smile.

He gave Beatrice a quick worried glance before heading outside the infirmary to Anna, "Coast is all clear. You can come in now." he said, leading her to the drawing.

Anna nodded, she took Yu Die's hand for a moment.
"I will be right back soon Yu Die."
She said before she headed into the infirmary, she looked at the two sleeping women for a moment before she started her spell again, whispering words and moving her hands then she nodded.
"It is done Sir..."
She whispered.

[Cabin]

'Yet he's using "mystical" defences. Gone native, he has...'

"I guess he have spent to much time with the Nephandi."
Axel said.
"Any time with the Nephandi are to much time with the Nephandi my good man it have little to do with Jace's magick though. I think he is just practical and use whatever works."

'Yeah, you able to pull off a site-to-site transport? Found the samples, but they're in a trapped refrigerator which is in a trapped cabin. Naturally, don't want to take any chances them samples are destroyed...'

"I can but not with something much bigger than Charlie."
Jon replied.
"But I could teleport Charlie everywhere basically."

[Westchapel]

Colin's eyebrows rose a bit, "Ten generations? My goodness, that could reasonably mean... there could be kinfolk alive today whose family's last interaction with a shapeshifter was before the American Revolution... Ah, but as I said, mostly academic curiosity. I know some kinfolk in the city, and having a vague idea as to how far back their lineages might run could be useful... Hum, from the way you phrased it, though, did you mean it might skip a generetion or two?"

"Yes indeed that can be the case, but it is rare for it to last that long and usually unless the blood is strengthened by kinfolk marrying kinfolk usually it only last a few generations. It do not skip a generation but the traits die out in a bloodline at different number of generations."
The librarian relied.

He nodded, "Duly noted."

The Kitsune just nodded at this.

He nodded, "I shall have to ask my Hermetic Cabalmate more about their ranking systems, then. But for comparison, the things I can do is to create a bolt of raw Quintessence as a weapon, I can shuffle a deck of cards randomly and draw the cards in any predetermined order, I can temporarily turn a wooden board into metal, or vice versa, and make a candle flame perform a bellydance... and I can see through space and time, at things that happened long ago in another country, or things to come, and teleport small items to and from myself. As a rough guideline, that's pretty much where my power stands at present. Well, and I can see and speak with spirits, though I don't have much authority or power over them."

"Second Degree initiates are Hermetic Hedge wizards who have given up trying to Awaken who become initiated as members of a given House as linear magi."
The librarian explained, she then gave a mysterious smile.
"I do thank you for your trust Mr Wainwright for telling me what you can do, for me...I do nto feel like being quite as open if you do not mind but I can say that it is ...of a similar level of power."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was eaten by a book.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:59 pm

[Seattle U- dorm]

"What...you know angels?" He said. "How do that work?"

"There are many kinds of spirits that could be called angels depending who you ask."

[Seattle]

The vampire tried to struggle but he soon found his limbs sticking to the ground as if he and it was magnets attracting one another and he could not move his arms more than an inch of the ground before it slammed down again.
"What the fuck...are you"
He hissed.
Marion aimed at the vampire who had shot at Cita and fired of a shot, you heard the glass charms tinkle from the recoil of the weapon, the bullet hit the vampire center mass and the creature howled in pain. Cita tapped her phone and the vampire with the gun vanished, his gun clattering to the ground. Cita looked at her phone looking satisfied.
"Where did he go?"
Marion asked looking around for more enemies.
"I digetalized him and put him into my phone."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Are anyone hurt?"

As the other vampire vanished, Adley moved to recover the weapon that was left. He told the captive vampire, "/Very/ unhappy you just attacked us without provocation. Be sensible and don't try attacking us again." He turned to say to Cita, "I'm fine, ma'am, but this one," he nodded to the vampire, "might answer some questions for us and we'll need to keep an eye on them for now."

The lich started moving forward he was speaking and quickly, it was old Medieval Latin and old Anglican and the combination made him a bit hard to understand.

The sudden thought of Gloria entered his mind and he was now worried that this lich was possibly a Marauder. He hoped not, but so far he'd been through a lot and not gone off so there was that. "Placere loqui tardius,"* he said, requesting politely for him to speak slower, then added, "sodalis..." hoping he would at least recognize that term.

// ooc: linguistics: 2, 8, 2, 8
ooc2: A while back out of curiosity I tried to make some of the Ars Magica hand sigils to see how hard they were to do and some of them are pretty hard lol
ooc3: bad google translate of: please speak more slowly, sodalis

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:02 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Or he didn't actually do the defences.' Nicole replied, ending with a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Okay, so you could do a site-to-site with the samples?' Nicole said, clearly wanting to confirm. 'Can you pull it off unseen? Can't risk entry...'

[That's always made me wonder; whether Ratkin and Bone Gnawers have 'shared' human Kinfolk over generations...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:05 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:Anna nodded, she took Yu Die's hand for a moment.
"I will be right back soon Yu Die."
She said before she headed into the infirmary, she looked at the two sleeping women for a moment before she started her spell again, whispering words and moving her hands then she nodded.
"It is done Sir..."
She whispered.

"Cool. Come on. Next stop is the rooftop. The last five pictures are there." he said. He exited the infirmary and then lead Yu Die and Anna to the rooftops where the last two characters were waiting for them.

"You guys still feel like playing the guessing game?" he asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm

[Seattle U- dorm]

"There are many kinds of spirits that could be called angels depending who you ask."

"Well yes I guess you are right about that."
Thomas said and he scratched his head.
"So you have angel friends then?"

[Seattle]

As the other vampire vanished, Adley moved to recover the weapon that was left. He told the captive vampire, "/Very/ unhappy you just attacked us without provocation. Be sensible and don't try attacking us again." He turned to say to Cita, "I'm fine, ma'am, but this one," he nodded to the vampire, "might answer some questions for us and we'll need to keep an eye on them for now."

"Agreed but we need to calm the lich down first."
Cita said.
"Try to talk to the lich and I will watch the vampire."
She ordered. Marian was checking that Thomas was okey as Cita got into position pointing her phone at the other vampire as if it was a weapon, which in her case it was. The vampire was smart enough not to protest and just stay still looking at you and the others.

The sudden thought of Gloria entered his mind and he was now worried that this lich was possibly a Marauder. He hoped not, but so far he'd been through a lot and not gone off so there was that. "Placere loqui tardius,"* he said, requesting politely for him to speak slower, then added, "sodalis..." hoping he would at least recognize that term.

The lich's flow of words first stopped at he looked at you then the little, skinny old man trotted over to you.
"I was taken...they took my fluids and thought they killed me...I do not remember...everything...I want to go home can you take me to my home Sodalis..."
He said in old medieval Latin, he seamed very confused and scared and he looked around nervously.

[Cabin]

'Or he didn't actually do the defences.' Nicole replied, ending with a shrug.

"Indeed so, that is a possibility."
Antonio agreed.

Okay, so you could do a site-to-site with the samples?' Nicole said, clearly wanting to confirm. 'Can you pull it off unseen? Can't risk entry...'

"Again possibly but I can not really give you an guarantee, magickal traps or wards could very well discover my attempt to teleport something out, and if there are some samples someone want to keep well hidden chances are they have warded them."
Jon replied.
"I can try but it is a risk."

[Ward Making]

"Cool. Come on. Next stop is the rooftop. The last five pictures are there." he said. He exited the infirmary and then lead Yu Die and Anna to the rooftops where the last two characters were waiting for them.

"You guys still feel like playing the guessing game?" he asked.

"Ok Sir."
Anna said and she waved to Dr Lee as the Akashic put his young patient's bed back in place, then Anna and Yu Die joined you towards the roof, glad to be away from the infirmary.
"Sure, we still want to play right Anna?"
Yu Die asked and Anna nodded.
"Yeah...we want to continue guessing Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:29 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Which is why we're not done anything further than a quick surface scan, which ID'd the refrigerator. Which was why transporting the whole thing might be best.' Nicole replied, giving a sigh.

'Now, what can we do here to make your job easier?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:40 pm

[Cabin]

"Unless we are taking a little collage room fridge that is to big for me to teleport in one piece."
Jon said.
"We could try to disenchant any traps on the fridge but off course that run the risk of setting them of but it could work."
Antonio said.
"Or we could move them, trick the traps to think the fridge is fine...place whatever trap is there on something else instead."
Axel said.
"That still run the risk of triggering it."
That is true."

(OCC: Yeah those hand gestures are not all easy or ergometrical correct.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:46 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Yes indeed that can be the case, but it is rare for it to last that long and usually unless the blood is strengthened by kinfolk marrying kinfolk usually it only last a few generations. It do not skip a generation but the traits die out in a bloodline at different number of generations."
The librarian relied.
Colin nodded sagely, "That is fascinating... I'd wager the bloody Progenitors would have loved to instigate a bloody breeding programme, if they believed in the supernatural, and thought they could control shapechangers... but I am guessing it is not so simple as a mere statistical game for even kinfolk to produce full-fledged changers, either, is it?"

Anja wrote:"Second Degree initiates are Hermetic Hedge wizards who have given up trying to Awaken who become initiated as members of a given House as linear magi."
The librarian explained, she then gave a mysterious smile.
"I do thank you for your trust Mr Wainwright for telling me what you can do, for me...I do nto feel like being quite as open if you do not mind but I can say that it is ...of a similar level of power."
He smiled wryly, "Well, now, I retain some secrecy regarding the extent of my abilities, and I am still discovering where my limits within each area lie, but that is a rough approximation. Of course, I am given to understand my abilities are vastly more flexible than yours, in any case - letting me recombine effects in new and interesting ways on the fly, while you would be limited to a lot more consistent results, perhaps quicker, but with less room for adjustment."

((OOC: And thank you for that unneeded, very literal and graphic mental image, Nicole. Shocked Laughing ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:57 pm

[SeattleU- dorm]

"Well yes I guess you are right about that."
Thomas said and he scratched his head.
"So you have angel friends then?

"It would be impolite to discuss any such friends with someone who is not also a friend, for I am protective. Do pardon."

[Seattle]

"Agreed but we need to calm the lich down first."
Cita said.
"Try to talk to the lich and I will watch the vampire."
She ordered.

"Yes, ma'am."

The lich's flow of words first stopped at he looked at you then the little, skinny old man trotted over to you.
"I was taken...they took my fluids and thought they killed me...I do not remember...everything...I want to go home can you take me to my home Sodalis..."
He said in old medieval Latin, he seamed very confused and scared and he looked around nervously.

"Can you tell me what you remember? Where is it that you want to go?," he began, not wanting to overwhelm him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:37 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Wait... putting you on speaker.' Nicole replied, pressing the buttons on her phone and holding it out so the Adept could join in on the discussion. 'We can't transport just the contents 'cos that might include the trap on it. If the unit can't be transported, we need to deal with one, perhaps both traps. And the first part would be to scan the door trap to see if it's detection field covers the whole cabin.' biting her lip for a moment. 'Can anyone check to see if there's any anti-scanning mojo on the trap before we do it?' looking at the others for suggestions; knowing full well she was out of her depth on this.

'Or... we kick this upstairs.' looking to Darrian, as the most senior present.

[Simply that, both children of Rat are unlikely to do a 'kin-check' on whoever they're about to bed (esp if it's just a one-nighter) and both human kinfolk are socio-culturally rather similar to the extent one might end up shacking up with the other. The fact your mind's in the sewer isn't my fault... *tongue*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:50 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded sagely, "That is fascinating... I'd wager the bloody Progenitors would have loved to instigate a bloody breeding programme, if they believed in the supernatural, and thought they could control shapechangers... but I am guessing it is not so simple as a mere statistical game for even kinfolk to produce full-fledged changers, either, is it?"

"It is not an exact science no but the Progenitors might be interested mostly I think they find Gaia's Chosen and our kin to be more trouble than we are worth so they would rather shoot us than run experiments on us, which is a small blessing I guess."
The librarian replied.

He smiled wryly, "Well, now, I retain some secrecy regarding the extent of my abilities, and I am still discovering where my limits within each area lie, but that is a rough approximation. Of course, I am given to understand my abilities are vastly more flexible than yours, in any case - letting me recombine effects in new and interesting ways on the fly, while you would be limited to a lot more consistent results, perhaps quicker, but with less room for adjustment."

"You would be correct Mr Wainwright, Dynamic magick are more flexible while static magic do the same thing every time the same spell is cast."
The Kitsune confirmed but she did not comment further on her own magical abilities or the range of them.

[Seattle]

"It would be impolite to discuss any such friends with someone who is not also a friend, for I am protective. Do pardon."

"That is fair enough."
Thomas replied with a shrug.

Can you tell me what you remember? Where is it that you want to go?," he began, not wanting to overwhelm him.

"They took me...from my home to a green room...they took the potion for my veins...a cold place, many light, no I am here...so many lights...and noise and no where are my home...the boy took me here...."
The lich muttered in a far of, confused tone of voice.

(OOC: Yes I suspect that some are kinfolk to both Ratkin and Bone Gnawers, you can be kin to two or more changing breeds but not an actual changer of more than one kind.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:56 pm

[Seattle]

"They took me...from my home to a green room...they took the potion for my veins...a cold place, many light, no I am here...so many lights...and noise and no where are my home...the boy took me here...."
The lich muttered in a far of, confused tone of voice.

"Do you know what is the location of your home?" he asked. In English he said to the others, "He was taken by some people, to a green room with many lights and noise, and they extracted the potion from him. And then he was taken here. He is confused, and does not remember everything that has happened to him."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:58 pm

[Cabin]

"Okey."
Jon said when you said you where putting him on speaker.
"I can probably check if the two traps have any extra effects, as in if they are protected by anti scanning magick."
The Scribe said then Darrian considered for a moment.
"Hum...I would say we risk to see if Adeptus Riez can detect such safeguards on the traps, and if those safeguards are there then we ask someone with greater skill in teleporting to get the freezer for us. If there are no such safeguards then we try to find a way to get safely to the Freezer and try to disable the trap on it."
The alchemist said but he was clearly unsure as this was about his dear apprentice's safety after all.
"Each option carries risk but I think such a plan might minimize it while increasing our chances, also I can try to straight up disenchant the traps but that carry risk as well."
The alchemist added with a frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:02 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"It is not an exact science no but the Progenitors might be interested mostly I think they find Gaia's Chosen and our kin to be more trouble than we are worth so they would rather shoot us than run experiments on us, which is a small blessing I guess."
The librarian replied.
Colin sighed, "Yes, small blessing indeed... I suppose you would be twice as great an annoyance to them, with both shapeshifting and magic. Still, any day we're not shot at is a pretty good day in my book."

Anja wrote:"You would be correct Mr Wainwright, Dynamic magick are more flexible while static magic do the same thing every time the same spell is cast."
The Kitsune confirmed but she did not comment further on her own magical abilities or the range of them.
He nodded, "Well, that aside, I I can't think of more questions offhand - while I am curious, it's perhaps not the best time for me to try to come up with good questions about the Kitsune... Any peculiarities you might wish to volunteer?"

((OOC: Well, now, I'll have you know, my mind is NOT in the sewer. My mind is the sewer. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

The Etherite considered this, clearly uncomfortable; she was having to make a call on things she didn't really understand. 'Is it possible to put a shield around the refrigerator? So if the door-trap goes off, the samples will still be okay?'

[Well, it would be impossible in this case as Garou are immune to the Birthing Plague.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:34 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"Ok Sir."
Anna said and she waved to Dr Lee as the Akashic put his young patient's bed back in place, then Anna and Yu Die joined you towards the roof, glad to be away from the infirmary.
"Sure, we still want to play right Anna?"
Yu Die asked and Anna nodded.
"Yeah...we want to continue guessing Sir."

"All right let's see. The two last character are from the good old superhero comics. One is from marvel and the other is from DC. Both of them are technically villains. One is incredibly well known while the other isn't." he said giving his hints.

"Oh and while your thinking, make sure to put on those banshee seeing monocles. If the banshee was ever going to attack me the roof would be a good place to do so."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:51 am

[Seattle]

Do you know what is the location of your home?" he asked. In English he said to the others, "He was taken by some people, to a green room with many lights and noise, and they extracted the potion from him. And then he was taken here. He is confused, and does not remember everything that has happened to him."

"Morningstar, I live at the Covenant Morningstar."
The lich said in his ancient speech. Cita nodded she gave the man a concerned look.
"They extracted a potion from him?"
Thomas asked and Cita nodded.
"Yes the potion a litch replace their blood with, it is extremely Tass rich...and it could have other uses that we will not discuss here. Do he remember anything about who took him?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

[Cabin]

The Etherite considered this, clearly uncomfortable; she was having to make a call on things she didn't really understand. 'Is it possible to put a shield around the refrigerator? So if the door-trap goes off, the samples will still be okay?'

"That I can do, that is actually a great idea Miss Bouchard."
Antonio said and he started furiously writing in his notebook, after a moment he looked up.
"I have only to complete one word when you want the shield."
The Scribe told you.
"It should keep the fridge safe even if the cabin itself blows up."

[Westchapel]

Colin sighed, "Yes, small blessing indeed... I suppose you would be twice as great an annoyance to them, with both shapeshifting and magic. Still, any day we're not shot at is a pretty good day in my book."

"Oh indeed so Mr Wainwright, I do suspect the Five Metal Dragons would find me most annoying."
The Kitsune said with a sly smile.
"And agreed, getting shot is so unpleasant it is best to avoid it."

He nodded, "Well, that aside, I I can't think of more questions offhand - while I am curious, it's perhaps not the best time for me to try to come up with good questions about the Kitsune... Any peculiarities you might wish to volunteer?"

"None that I can think of Mr Wainwright...though your questions so far have been quite well thought out, I was asked once if I could spin my tails and fly with them."
The librarian said with a chuckle. She did not have a chance to say more though as at that time Freddy moaned weakly and you could see one of her hands slightly moving.
"I will go and get Dr Hadermann."
The Werfox said and she quickly stood.
"It looks like Miss Adlebloom is waking up."

[Ward Making]

"All right let's see. The two last character are from the good old superhero comics. One is from marvel and the other is from DC. Both of them are technically villains. One is incredibly well known while the other isn't." he said giving his hints.

"Which one are the well known character from and which company are the not well known one from Sir?"
Yu Die asked.
"It could be Scarecrow from DC, he would be good to scare the Banshee away."
The young Orphan suggested.

"Oh and while your thinking, make sure to put on those banshee seeing monocles. If the banshee was ever going to attack me the roof would be a good place to do so."

"I will keep watch."
Yu Die promised and she slipped on Colin's monocle and glanced around the roof as you and the two girls walked into the cold night air.
"You look like a old rich due with that."
Anna teased and Yu Die chuckle.
"Well yes I do feel a need to say I do declare allot and drink fancy tea."
"You already like fancy tea."
"Well that is true...but fancier...anyway it seam to be all clear for now, the only beings up here are the little nature sprites, I can not see them but can sort of feel they are there. Also Jareth's girlgriend is in that tree."
The Akashic pointed and indeed the big, round female owl was sitting in one of the trees keeping careful watch of everything going on, she gave the tree of you a hoot when you walked out onto the roof.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply Strife.)
(OOC 2: That is true but a Ratkin kinfolk and a Bone Gnawer kinfolk should still produce a double kindfolk baby I think.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:02 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"Which one are the well known character from and which company are the not well known one from Sir?"
Yu Die asked.
"It could be Scarecrow from DC, he would be good to scare the Banshee away."
The young Orphan suggested.

Serge stayed silent for a second realizing something. "Oh sorry. I made a mistake with the hint. Both of them are from DC. Kinda a dumb mistake from me." he said slightly embarrassed. "But your on the right track. Scarecrow is in the same rogue gallery as one of the characters."

Anja wrote:"I will keep watch."
Yu Die promised and she slipped on Colin's monocle and glanced around the roof as you and the two girls walked into the cold night air.
"You look like a old rich due with that."
Anna teased and Yu Die chuckle.
"Well yes I do feel a need to say I do declare allot and drink fancy tea."
"You already like fancy tea."
"Well that is true...but fancier...anyway it seam to be all clear for now, the only beings up here are the little nature sprites, I can not see them but can sort of feel they are there. Also Jareth's girlgriend is in that tree."
The Akashic pointed and indeed the big, round female owl was sitting in one of the trees keeping careful watch of everything going on, she gave the tree of you a hoot when you walked out onto the roof.

"I have the poshest bodyguards." he said with a chuckle.

Despite the girls claims Serge took his own cursory glance at the surroundings as he wondered over to the joker drawing, looking for anything out of the ordinary. He smiled when he saw the owl sitting on the tree. "And a hoot back to you as well. Where'd your fiance go? I assume to get you more things."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:17 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Do it now. Then start to carefully work on the door trap. The rest of us will move back and keep watch.' Nicole replied. 'I'll have to end this call so I can monitor with the app... but we might need your help again soon.' clearly aimed at Jon.

[For it's well-known you can't have enough downtroddeness in one body...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:36 am

[Cabin]

'Do it now. Then start to carefully work on the door trap. The rest of us will move back and keep watch.' Nicole replied. 'I'll have to end this call so I can monitor with the app... but we might need your help again soon.' clearly aimed at Jon.

"As you wish Miss Bouchard."
Antonio said and he wrote more in his book.
"I have put up a kinetic shield around the freezer and also put one betwwen us an the cabin but do move back anyway just in case."
The Scribe urged.
"Okey you have my number if you need me...probably have my number."
Jon said.
"Good luck."

Once you and the rest moved back Antonio got to work, you could see beads of sweat rolling down his rather handsome face as he wrote in his book, he was chewing his bottom lip and then he finally after about three minutes sort of sagged.
"It is done...the door ward is down...we can enter...but damn I almost lost control several times."
He grunted, whatever he had done it had taken allot out of him and if you glanced at his notebook his usually neat writing was rushed and desperate, though you did not understand the words written it was clearly a desperate man's scribbles.

[Ward Making]

Serge stayed silent for a second realizing something. "Oh sorry. I made a mistake with the hint. Both of them are from DC. Kinda a dumb mistake from me." he said slightly embarrassed. "But your on the right track. Scarecrow is in the same rogue gallery as one of the characters."

"Everyone makes mistakes Sir."
Yu Die said and Anna nodded.
"Hum...both from DC, well Mr Freeze and the other cold villains like Killer Frost could work since they could freeze and intruder...so it could be them?"
The Orphan suggested.

"I have the poshest bodyguards." he said with a chuckle.

"I do declare that you are right good Sir."
Yu Die said with a grin.

Despite the girls claims Serge took his own cursory glance at the surroundings as he wondered over to the joker drawing, looking for anything out of the ordinary. He smiled when he saw the owl sitting on the tree. "And a hoot back to you as well. Where'd your fiance go? I assume to get you more things."

You did not see anything out of the ordinary, somewhere a cat was mauing and you heard cars. The large brown owl gave a satisfied coo, opening her beak a little looking rather smug, so yes probably Jareth was on his way to get her more goodies.
"Jareth give her bits of his food and he preen her he really like her but I think she is just exploiting him."
Anna said with a chuckle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:47 am

[Seattle]

"Morningstar, I live at the Covenant Morningstar." The lich said in his ancient speech. Cita nodded she gave the man a concerned look.

Well, it seemed he was whom they thought he might have been, rather than a Marauder. "I see, sir. This is very troubling news indeed."

"They extracted a potion from him?"
Thomas asked and Cita nodded.
"Yes the potion a litch replace their blood with, it is extremely Tass rich...and it could have other uses that we will not discuss here. Do he remember anything about who took him?" The Virtual Adept asked.

He asked the man in Latin, "Can you tell us about who took you? What did they look or sound like? Do you think they were the dark ones, the Fallen Nephandi or perhaps the Technocracy?" he asked.

// no problem at all

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next