Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

5 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:21 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Why the fuck did we have to do this inside?' Nicole's voice could be heard from behind the upturned armchair she'd dived behind. 'Everyone okay?' getting up and looking around anxiously.

[No matter in this case, but I assumed they'd try to do this from outside of the cabin? Or at least if Antonio had to do it from inside, Nick would have made a bit of a barricade for him to hide behind...]

[Plus, can use a damn calculator to work things out. The situation in the USA reminds me of the situation in the UK in the early 70s. Weird thing is, you could follow our example to the letter and simply let the whole thing die in c30 years without much actual bother. You'll be very hard pressed to find someone under 35 here who thinks in 'old money' - the only exception I can think of is the building trade.]

[NHS dentistry is 'private but heavily subsidised'. Main problems is a) finding NHS dentist and b) poor people who don't qualify for the free. But they only cover stuff which is 'medically needed' so no cosmetic stuff like whitening. Which means Americans think our teeth are a lot worse than theirs, when in reality ours are equal, or perhaps a little bit better.]

[Hmm... wonder if Nick can afford to go to the dentist yet?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:24 pm

[Seattle]

The vampire glared at you then his expression softened.
"It is okey I am sorry I tried to bum rush you and not just because I brøle my wrist."
He said with a chuckle. Once released from your spell he slowly got up, eyed you all nervously then he took of towards the City center graving you and your group behind.
"The noisy man left."
William muttered sounding relieved.
"That he did Master William."
Cita said and she looked at you.
"Ready for me to release the other one?"

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:38 pm

[Horizon, 6th of March 2025]
Anja wrote:"I would like that Colin I...have managed to get the necessary medical examinations for the pregnancy...but I would prefer to go to such a birthing center rather than a hospital if you think it will still be safe for the baby."
Yu Die and Anna got a concerned look.
"I should have carried the child..."
She muttered.
"No...I am uneasy but you still have heart problems Anna, it is much safer for me to carry the child and give birth I will be fine."
The Akashic said and she reached across you to squeeze Anna's hand gently.
"Do not worry about me my love."
Colin nodded, leaning back so Yu Die could reach Anna more easily, "I have a couple of ideas already... I will see what I can do. The Old Man can't possibly protest my taking this idea back like with... the other thing."

Anja wrote:"I am sure we can arrange for a lesson. There are things I...need to teach you regardless if you are willing to take on such a lesson once we return to the, for you, right time."
Mia asked with a slight smile.
"Master Haagen are rather skilled though."
She added and Anna just nodded.
He smiled slyly, "Well, now, looks like I have a could of excellent teachers lined up..."

Anja wrote:"I will never join with the Nephandi, never."
Yu Die said with a bit of a frown.
"And yet they did want you and also they would want to stop me...stop me from cleansing myself...but no neither me nor Yu Die died and Mr Roth Hicks survived as well, but the agent had a chance to end himself before he could give information, and perhaps he would have something of use for us."
Anna replied.
He nodded, "They tried to scare you away from your Mentor, and lure you in - classic carrot and stick maneuver. Or honeypot trap, in a liberal definition of the term."

((OOC: Metrication is a better system for most mathematical work - which is, frankly, the only argument you need to convert. The only benefit of using the imperial system, as was pointed out to me recently, is that it handles fractions a lot better. But with the decimalization of currency, the one area where the imperial system really shone - everyday commerce, quickly figuring out how many pennies or shillings for the various lots of groceries - disappeared. Even using imperial units for measuring things, you no longer pay for stuff with twentieths of a pound, or twelfths of a shilling, or any other of the many simple fractional calculations thereof.))

((OOC2: As for dentistry... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:53 pm

[Cabin]

'Why the fuck did we have to do this inside?' Nicole's voice could be heard from behind the upturned armchair she'd dived behind. 'Everyone okay?' getting up and looking around anxiously.

""Because it was not safe to attempt to move the fridge that probably would have set the ward of."
Antonio replied matter of factly.
"I am fine."
Fran said.
"Yeah quite all right."
Axel said as he helped Master Haagen to his feet.
"I am fine as well."
The alchemist replied and Antonio nodded.
"A bit tired but quite fine Miss Bouchard..."
He said an Jon commented over the phone.
"My ears is ringing though."

Colin nodded, leaning back so Yu Die could reach Anna more easily, "I have a couple of ideas already... I will see what I can do. The Old Man can't possibly protest my taking this idea back like with... the other thing."

"Well if you can arrange for it I would be grateful Colin but do not risk Paradox for me I can handle going to a hospital."
Yu Die replied, her hand lingered on Anna's for a while before she let go of it again and leaned back.

He smiled slyly, "Well, now, looks like I have a could of excellent teachers lined up..."

"Your Avatar and Master Haagen?"
Anna asked.

He nodded, "They tried to scare you away from your Mentor, and lure you in - classic carrot and stick maneuver. Or honeypot trap, in a liberal definition of the term."

"Yes I remember...when my Mentor drew my blood...I felt hurt, betrayed and scared but that do not mean I would join the Nephandi."
Yu Die said darkly.
"It did take some time for me to forgive my Mentor though and even longer for me to learn to trust him again."

Down around the Council table the debate was going even hotter, clearly the Primi did not fully agree on Anna's speech or the law she had advocated for.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:09 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:The princess smiled a little though she did not come closer.
"Well now there is a long time since I have been addressed by such a title, the correct one would be Your Grace though, I was the daughter of a Duke."
She said sadly.
"And you are an artist...a creator...lunch..."

"I've never been considered with what others considered 'correct'. I like to decide that for myself. But if you prefer the other title I'd be happy to use it your Grace." he replied back, a smile still on his face despite the banshee thinly veiled desires. "Now now. You can't ask a person out to lunch without introducing yourself first. You seem to know so much about me yet I still dont know your name. "
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:51 am

Anja wrote:"Well if you can arrange for it I would be grateful Colin but do not risk Paradox for me I can handle going to a hospital."
Yu Die replied, her hand lingered on Anna's for a while before she let go of it again and leaned back.
Colin smiled thinly, "Oh, I don't think that will be a problem - it's something I would likely have considered on my own at some point anyway. Now I just have the idea earlier."

Anja wrote:"Your Avatar and Master Haagen?"
Anna asked.
He nodded, "They both know what they're about..."

Anja wrote:"Yes I remember...when my Mentor drew my blood...I felt hurt, betrayed and scared but that do not mean I would join the Nephandi."
Yu Die said darkly.
"It did take some time for me to forgive my Mentor though and even longer for me to learn to trust him again."
He nodded, "I think it took him a bit of time to forgive himself, too, for being played like that..."

Anja wrote:Down around the Council table the debate was going even hotter, clearly the Primi did not fully agree on Anna's speech or the law she had advocated for.
He frowned, watching the debate going back and forth, and tried to keep a running tally on the ayes vs. the nays... If the balance shifted too far toward the opposition, he might have to stand up and address the Nine...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:41 am

[Seattle]

"It is okey I am sorry I tried to bum rush you and not just because I brøle my wrist." He said with a chuckle.

He nodded.

"The noisy man left."
William muttered sounding relieved.

"We shall have to deal with his friend now, who may be a bit startled sodalis. He will think at first he is still in battle, with us but we will try to subdue him or talk with him." He quickly checked the app hoping to find the vampire leaving and nothing else weird.

Cita said and she looked at you.
"Ready for me to release the other one?"

"Let's make sure we clear out of his immediate way, first,"  he suggested. He shifted to the side so that when the vampire reappeared he could be ready to detain him with a spell, if he turned hostile.

// Nic could ask the Verbena to help her with dental issues, in trade for some similar service? And their cabalmate Richard for a doctor. Teeth whitening is bad for teeth in the long run so I'll keep my coffee stains lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:00 am

[Seattle]

"We shall have to deal with his friend now, who may be a bit startled sodalis. He will think at first he is still in battle, with us but we will try to subdue him or talk with him." He quickly checked the app hoping to find the vampire leaving and nothing else weird.

"Noisy men...I do not like it."
William said and he stepped away a bit but he did not protest. On Jon's app you saw the first vampire move away.

"Let's make sure we clear out of his immediate way, first," he suggested. He shifted to the side so that when the vampire reappeared he could be ready to detain him with a spell, if he turned hostile.

Everyone moved away from where the vampire would be released. Once this was done Cita tapped at her phone and the vampire who had the gun appeared, with no gun, he tried to fire his non existent gun and he looked around looking confused.
"What...what the hell!"
He shouted.
"What the fuck is going on?"
The vampire was clearly angry and scared and he looked around looking confused.

Colin smiled thinly, "Oh, I don't think that will be a problem - it's something I would likely have considered on my own at some point anyway. Now I just have the idea earlier."

"Thank thank you Colin."
Yu Die said with a smile.

He nodded, "They both know what they're about..."

Anna just nodded at that.

He nodded, "I think it took him a bit of time to forgive himself, too, for being played like that..."

"It was a nasty situation."
Yu Die commented softly.

He frowned, watching the debate going back and forth, and tried to keep a running tally on the ayes vs. the nays... If the balance shifted too far toward the opposition, he might have to stand up and address the Nine...

For now they seamed to be about even, some was clearly for the suggestion but some made the regular argument about how would you get vengeance without hurting the guilty? And off course the but we have always had Ordeal as a punishment and we want to keep our traditions.

[Ward Making]

"I've never been considered with what others considered 'correct'. I like to decide that for myself. But if you prefer the other title I'd be happy to use it your Grace." he replied back, a smile still on his face despite the banshee thinly veiled desires. "Now now. You can't ask a person out to lunch without introducing yourself first. You seem to know so much about me yet I still dont know your name. "

"You may call me what you please, but my name is Wilda, that is as much of my name I will give to a mage...Wilda."
The Banshee said with a smile.
"Why don't you come out of your ward."

(OOC: Sorry for a bit lackluster posts for a few days my hormones are not doing what they are supposed to again so I am not very creative. I am thinking it is better with lackluster posts than no posts, hopefully I will be back to making good posts soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:36 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'No, why couldn't we be outside and hack from afar.' Nicole grumbled, rubbing her neck for a moment. 'Looks like the Chantry owes you a new cell...' giving an apologetic look to Fran after seeing the damage caused by the explosion.

[Metric is better for accuracy. That level of accuracy wasn't needed in pre-industrial times - a screw could be 'about an inch' in 1750 but had to be 'one inch and 3/32ths' by 1900 for use in a machine. 'Customary' units, regardless of origin usually are 'easier' to visualise than metric as normally they're drawn from basic human life; such as 'width of thumb' etc. The other advantage of metric is the fact it's used by everyone. In fact, the metric system was invented in France because under the Bourbons each province had their own units which often varied.]

[Meant more the XP cost. I built in the nasty teeth as part of the Appearance upgrade if/when I wanted it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:49 am

[Cabin]

'No, why couldn't we be outside and hack from afar.' Nicole grumbled, rubbing her neck for a moment. 'Looks like the Chantry owes you a new cell...' giving an apologetic look to Fran after seeing the damage caused by the explosion.

"In hindsight that would probably have been wiser."
Antonio said as the brushed dust of his suit.
"There go the save game for the JRPG I was playing."
Fran said with a sigh.
"It is okey, shit happens I will ask for a new one and if the Chantry will not cover it I will have to save up for one."
She commented.
"I had back ups of everything important like pictures and such."

(OOC: If it is a flaw then the exp cost for paying of a flaw is somewhere I think it is one to one, if it is raising Nicole's appearance then it is current rating times...is it four for attributes? It is in the book.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:21 pm

Anja wrote:For now they seamed to be about even, some was clearly for the suggestion but some made the regular argument about how would you get vengeance without hurting the guilty? And off course the but we have always had Ordeal as a punishment and we want to keep our traditions.
Colin sighed, then slowly got up, grabbed his cane (when'd he get that? Ah, accessory, not for a bad leg, it seemed...), and made his way down to the edge of the floor, gesturing the Herald over and asking him softly, "Permission to address the honoured Primi?"

((OOC: Colin started out with a Flaw that I bought off because I, ah, failed to act on it (don't remember exactly what it was, but it was something introverted). I think I paid that off one-for-one, but I won't say that for absolute certain. I really should've kept a running tally from day 1, I suppose...))

((OOC2: In 1999, the Mars Climate Orbiter - an international project - burned up in the Martian atmosphere because someone made a mistake converting from metric units to their own imperial units. Hint: it's a safe bet the nationality of the person making the mistake was not of Liberia or Myanmar, two of the last three countries to still use the imperial system. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Colin sighed, then slowly got up, grabbed his cane (when'd he get that? Ah, accessory, not for a bad leg, it seemed...), and made his way down to the edge of the floor, gesturing the Herald over and asking him softly, "Permission to address the honoured Primi?"

You got down to the floor and the Herald, a tall imposing looking man in immaculate robes nodded he went up to the Counicl and whispered with them. Alexis Hastings nodded and the Herald returned and said.
"The Council of Nine acknowledges Master Colin Wainwright of Horizon Chantry."
Then the Herald stepped back to allow you to speak.
"You have our attention Mr Wainwright."
Alexis said and Charlotte Quey looked at you and gave you a nod, the rest looked a bit skeptical though.

(OOC: Yeah I think buying off flaws are one for one and an in game reason for it to be resolved.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:01 pm

Anja wrote:You got down to the floor and the Herald, a tall imposing looking man in immaculate robes nodded he went up to the Counicl and whispered with them. Alexis Hastings nodded and the Herald returned and said.
"The Council of Nine acknowledges Master Colin Wainwright of Horizon Chantry."
Then the Herald stepped back to allow you to speak.
"You have our attention Mr Wainwright."
Alexis said and Charlotte Quey looked at you and gave you a nod, the rest looked a bit skeptical though.
Colin stepped onto the floor, bowed politely to the Primi, and cleared his throat, speaking in the appropriately polite and formal tone the occasion demanded, "Honoured Primi, I should like to supplement my daughter's reasoned argument with a question. Specifically, a question for those of you who presently are opposed to a ban on excessive cruelty... 'Why?' As I am sure many on Horizon, venerable Masters in particular, can testify to, traditions change with the times, sometimes slowly, but they change - traditional meals are replaced, either in full or by having a central ingredient changed, religious hymns are adapted to new instruments, because the old instruments are no longer being taught to the younger generation, traditional skills are abandoned because new and more sophisticated tools render them irrelevant, and so forth, and so on. Even in my quite brief lifespan, I've seen how Sleeper military is moving away from training pilots, and turning toward training people to operate little flying drones - like a Mage sending a spirit to ride a stormcloud into battle, instead of doing so themselves. So as traditions and practices inexorably change - why would you wish to hold on to the ones that inflict needless suffering, and foster contempt from one generation to the other, and not instead work to preserve the traditions that lie at your heart; the philosophical underpinnings of your Magick, and the methods each Tradition has refined over the centuries? It is a simple question, 'Why?' Thank you for this moment of your time, Honoured Primi, I shall retreat to my seat now."
He bowed once more and, once properly dismissed, returned to the girls.

((OOC: I suspect that one might sting House Tytalus a little, at least. Playing the shame game a little, perhaps? Wink Razz Manipulation + no dots in Expression: 6,8,9. If Etiquette or Leadership seems more appropriate for the roll, that's another 7... Dayum. One more die, and I could've got a straight! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Colin stepped onto the floor, bowed politely to the Primi, and cleared his throat, speaking in the appropriately polite and formal tone the occasion demanded, "Honoured Primi, I should like to supplement my daughter's reasoned argument with a question. Specifically, a question for those of you who presently are opposed to a ban on excessive cruelty... 'Why?' As I am sure many on Horizon, venerable Masters in particular, can testify to, traditions change with the times, sometimes slowly, but they change - traditional meals are replaced, either in full or by having a central ingredient changed, religious hymns are adapted to new instruments, because the old instruments are no longer being taught to the younger generation, traditional skills are abandoned because new and more sophisticated tools render them irrelevant, and so forth, and so on. Even in my quite brief lifespan, I've seen how Sleeper military is moving away from training pilots, and turning toward training people to operate little flying drones - like a Mage sending a spirit to ride a stormcloud into battle, instead of doing so themselves. So as traditions and practices inexorably change - why would you wish to hold on to the ones that inflict needless suffering, and foster contempt from one generation to the other, and not instead work to preserve the traditions that lie at your heart; the philosophical underpinnings of your Magick, and the methods each Tradition has refined over the centuries? It is a simple question, 'Why?' Thank you for this moment of your time, Honoured Primi, I shall retreat to my seat now."
He bowed once more and, once properly dismissed, returned to the girls.

There was a moment of silence as you spoke then the Primi started debating again.
"What concern me is that such a law would be a slippery slope,t hat once Ordeal as a punishment is outlawed then someone will want to ban painful magickal practices next."
Najjda Bantu commented.
"That is highly unlikely the Traditions specifically outlawed rape about a hundred years after the Traditions was formed and much later outlawed sexually exploiting Custos and indentured servants that do not mean we are any closer to outlawing sex. If you want to flog yourself for a ritual have at it, that do not mean you should be allowed to flog someone else for a punishment."
Marianna replied simply and the Seat of Prime glared at her. Tom “Laughing Eagle” Smithson hesitated then he spoke up. "When I was held as a slave I was beaten, I was tortured I still carry those marks in my soul, but as a shaman some of the rituals I have performed are painful, while that pain might have caused trauma as well it is not in the same way as it is my choice."
He said his voice like creaking old wood.
"Even so for as long as human beings have existed we have used torture to punish the guilty."
Mark Hallward Gillan the new seat of Forces who had won the seat after his predesessors corruption had been proven commented.
"Yes well if your innocence had not been proven before you where captured Mr Gillian perhaps you would have gotten to take a part in such a time honored tradition yourself."
Charlotte commented and Gillian sigh and leaned back in well the actual Seat of Forces.
"Fair point."
He admitted.
"I...remember torture...both at the hands of the Technocrazy and...the Inquisition, I remember the despair...it is not something you want to inflict on someone else."
Carlotte said a far away look in her eyes.
"Excuse me Herald...can we take a ltitle break."
The Prima said as she hastly stood.
"Ehm...yes I guess we can break for lunch honored Prima."
The Herald replied and Quey stood, quickly she bowed to Porthos before hurrying out of the Council chambers.
"I will check on her excuse me."
Alexis Hastings said as she stood and she to bowed to Porthos before she also left the room after Quey.
"We where the cause...us...our beautiful Eloine, we got her captured and tortured...and if that had not broken her to badly to work magick again the bloody witch hunters would have never stood a chance to capture her...we did that..."
Mia said sadly.

As the Primi where scattering to talk among themselves or actually go and have lunch you saw Mark Gillian make his was over to you.
"Master Wainwright, Adeptus Qen...both Adeptus Qen."
He said.
"Do you have a moment?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Anja wrote:There was a moment of silence as you spoke then the Primi started debating again.
"What concern me is that such a law would be a slippery slope,t hat once Ordeal as a punishment is outlawed then someone will want to ban painful magickal practices next."
Najjda Bantu commented.
"That is highly unlikely the Traditions specifically outlawed rape about a hundred years after the Traditions was formed and much later outlawed sexually exploiting Custos and indentured servants that do not mean we are any closer to outlawing sex. If you want to flog yourself for a ritual have at it, that do not mean you should be allowed to flog someone else for a punishment."
Marianna replied simply and the Seat of Prime glared at her. Tom “Laughing Eagle” Smithson hesitated then he spoke up. "When I was held as a slave I was beaten, I was tortured I still carry those marks in my soul, but as a shaman some of the rituals I have performed are painful, while that pain might have caused trauma as well it is not in the same way as it is my choice."
He said his voice like creaking old wood.
"Even so for as long as human beings have existed we have used torture to punish the guilty."
Mark Hallward Gillan the new seat of Forces who had won the seat after his predesessors corruption had been proven commented.
"Yes well if your innocence had not been proven before you where captured Mr Gillian perhaps you would have gotten to take a part in such a time honored tradition yourself."
Charlotte commented and Gillian sigh and leaned back in well the actual Seat of Forces.
"Fair point."
He admitted.
"I...remember torture...both at the hands of the Technocrazy and...the Inquisition, I remember the despair...it is not something you want to inflict on someone else."
Carlotte said a far away look in her eyes.
"Excuse me Herald...can we take a ltitle break."
The Prima said as she hastly stood.
"Ehm...yes I guess we can break for lunch honored Prima."
The Herald replied and Quey stood, quickly she bowed to Porthos before hurrying out of the Council chambers.
"I will check on her excuse me."
Alexis Hastings said as she stood and she to bowed to Porthos before she also left the room after Quey.
"We where the cause...us...our beautiful Eloine, we got her captured and tortured...and if that had not broken her to badly to work magick again the bloody witch hunters would have never stood a chance to capture her...we did that..."
Mia said sadly.
Colin's face betrayed no emotion until Lady Quey's response, when he looked at her apologetically, then down at the floor in what could be interpreted as shame at upsetting a Prima... He thought to Mia, 'And seeing her so broken broke Teomim, too... It's the pain that begets more pain, with no redeeming qualities... So, it really is her. I rather gathered during the conversation with Nightshade...'

Anja wrote:As the Primi where scattering to talk among themselves or actually go and have lunch you saw Mark Gillian make his was over to you.
"Master Wainwright, Adeptus Qen...both Adeptus Qen."
He said.
"Do you have a moment?"
He nodded politely, "Of course, Sir - any way I can serve the Traditions?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Colin's face betrayed no emotion until Lady Quey's response, when he looked at her apologetically, then down at the floor in what could be interpreted as shame at upsetting a Prima... He thought to Mia, 'And seeing her so broken broke Teomim, too... It's the pain that begets more pain, with no redeeming qualities... So, it really is her. I rather gathered during the conversation with Nightshade...'

"Seeing our beloved Eloine so broken was worse than what the Traditions later did to us, we where ready to face that, it had to be done, but if we had known, what would happen to Eloine, I am not sure we could have gone through with it."
Mia said softly.
"Yes it is her...and the present mirror the past in disturbing ways, Lady Quey to have lost her twins..."

He nodded politely, "Of course, Sir - any way I can serve the Traditions?"

"You are the one...they say are connected to the future and the past are you not Mr Wainwright? Since we are breaking for lunch, perhaps I could take you to one of the nearby cafes and buy you a meal, what I have to discuss is probably best not said in a crowded room."
The young Seat of Forces said with a glance around.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:01 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"You may call me what you please, but my name is Wilda, that is as much of my name I will give to a mage...Wilda."
The Banshee said with a smile.
"Why don't you come out of your ward."

"Ahh, you see I would but I enjoy living." he said wryly. "You seem to have quite the fascination with me. How did you learn so much about me?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Well you started doing it before I had time to say anything...' Nicole grumbled.

Anja's Post:

'They'd better cover it. Not fair on folk who's pockets ain't that deep...' she replied. 'Let's get the fuck out of here... and thanks.' the last bit to Jon, having retrieved her cell.

[No Flaw, just low Appearance. So current x4. Though it *could* be argued that no Nicole could be attractive to more than a smallish % of the population.]

[Great One used a ratio of 1:2 when Nick bought Ambidextrous...]

['US Customary', not 'Imperial'. Similar, but not identical; the former is the 'traditional English' in-use at time of independence, the latter is a codified one from the 1820s. Example; the differences in a gallon.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:59 pm

[Seattle]

Everyone moved away from where the vampire would be released. Once this was done Cita tapped at her phone and the vampire who had the gun appeared, with no gun, he tried to fire his non existent gun and he looked around looking confused.
"What...what the hell!"
He shouted.
"What the fuck is going on?"
The vampire was clearly angry and scared and he looked around looking confused.

"We do not wish to have a conflict with you or fight you. The man you came for is not a vampire...we would like to talk a moment with you, please. Your friend explained this was a misunderstanding...he is fine, if you wish to call him to check. He has gone to his duties or to report back, perhaps...but he has left the area," he said, hopefully in a placating voice.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:33 pm

[Seattle]

"We do not wish to have a conflict with you or fight you. The man you came for is not a vampire...we would like to talk a moment with you, please. Your friend explained this was a misunderstanding...he is fine, if you wish to call him to check. He has gone to his duties or to report back, perhaps...but he has left the area," he said, hopefully in a placating voice.

The vampire turned to look at you.
"How can he not be a vampire he is undead...and who for that matter are you guys?"
He snapped.
"I will do that...check."
He said and he carefully pulled his phone out of his pocket to make sure he did not make you think he was pulling out a weapon while holding one hand raised in a placating manner.
"Tom...it is me...are you hurt...ok...they are what? Shit...yeah hopefully...see you later."
He said as he put his phone back in his pocket. Maran and Cita was still aiming at him one with a gun the other with a phone.
"So you are mages...what do you guys want?"
He grumbled.

[Cabin]

Well you started doing it before I had time to say anything...' Nicole grumbled.

"The way I understood it Miss Bouchard you wanted me to cast my rote dampen the wards as soon as your Cabalmate was ready in his end, and I did so, a process that was quite...difficult and straining and thanks to my shield none of us are harmed."
The Scribe replied clearly feeling a bit under appreciated.

'They'd better cover it. Not fair on folk who's pockets ain't that deep...' she replied. 'Let's get the fuck out of here... and thanks.' the last bit to Jon, having retrieved her cell.

"The Chantry's pockets are not to deep either, generally we are expected to cover the costs when we do jobs for the Chantry that is part of the price of living at Steelhaven but I will try to speak with the Chief."
Fran said with a sigh.
"Sure no problem."
Jon replied.
"Yes let us leave someone are sure to have heard that explosion."
Axel commented he was already heading towards the door.

[Ward Making]

"Ahh, you see I would but I enjoy living." he said wryly.

"I thought as much."
The princess said with a sigh.

"You seem to have quite the fascination with me. How did you learn so much about me?"

"That is my business young artist."
The Banshee replied simply.

(OOC: I do not have all the crunch in my head check the book if it is appearance then you buy it up or you can have someone just use magick but unless you do it slowly are represented buy buying a higher dot in appearance Nicole will get pattern leaking.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:15 pm

[Seattle]

The vampire turned to look at you.
"How can he not be a vampire he is undead...and who for that matter are you guys?"
He snapped.
"I will do that...check."

Before Adley could reply to him, he was concerned for his friend and called him. By the reaction, though it seemed his question had been answers anyway.

"So you are mages...what do you guys want?"
He grumbled.

"We came here to gather our comrade, peaceably. However, would you be willing to answer some questions before we part ways?" he asked. "Has anything happened that is odd to you, or strange that you have heard of, that you are willing to tell us, aside from us in particular of course."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:51 pm

[Seattle]

"Possibly I might be willing to answer your questions if you answer mine, an even exchange a question for å question."
The vampire replied and he foldes his arms across his chest.
"What are your comerade if he is not a vampire?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:00 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"That is my business young artist."
The Banshee replied simply.

"And it seems your business concerns me a heavy deal. I believe its understandable why I'd want to know it." he said coolly.

"I just think it's interesting. Just today I fight against the Giovanni, ghost using vampires, who are allied with Wallace Jace, a ghost mage, and then almost minutes after I'm targetted by a ghost changling. Quite the coincidence wouldn't you say Wilda? Perhaps your business is closely connected with my business."

Serge didn't just say that to be dramatic. He said it to see if the banshee had a reaction to any of those names. A facial twitch, uneasiness in her voice, and other things like that. Elements that showed worry, fear, reverence, or concern. Anything that showed that she had some sort of connection with the names that he spoke.

(OOC: Perception + Empathy/Subterfuge to try and cold read Wilda and see if she has any sort of subtle reaction to any of the names Serge said.

Roll: 6, 8, 4, 9 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:02 pm

[Seattle]

"There are some things I can't tell you. As I'm sure is similar for your case. He is with us, that is why we are here." He said to Cita and Marion. "Please do feel free to notify me if you think a question is out of bounds."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:15 pm

[Seattle]

"There are some things I can't tell you. As I'm sure is similar for your case. He is with us, that is why we are here." He said to Cita and Marion. "Please do feel free to notify me if you think a question is out of bounds."

"Very well...I did ask you a question."
The vampire replied with a nod. Cita and Marian nodded to this.
"Our friend is a lich."
"Like in D&D?"
"Sort of it involves a complicated spell, a lich is an undead mage, but they have no relation to vampires nor do they drink blood or anything else for that matter.."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Ok fair enough. You wanted to know if I have seen anything odd? I have in one of our...meeting places this nightclub owned by the Toreador Primogen, ehm...the leader of that Clan if you know what that is in the city...one of the big boys or in this case big girls, but I am not sure if that is anything that would interest you."
The vampire replied.

[Ward Making]

"And it seems your business concerns me a heavy deal. I believe its understandable why I'd want to know it." he said coolly.

"That you want to know do not mean I want to tell you."
The princess said simply.

"I just think it's interesting. Just today I fight against the Giovanni, ghost using vampires, who are allied with Wallace Jace, a ghost mage, and then almost minutes after I'm targetted by a ghost changling. Quite the coincidence wouldn't you say Wilda? Perhaps your business is closely connected with my business."

Serge didn't just say that to be dramatic. He said it to see if the banshee had a reaction to any of those names. A facial twitch, uneasiness in her voice, and other things like that. Elements that showed worry, fear, reverence, or concern. Anything that showed that she had some sort of connection with the names that he spoke.

"If you are not coming out I will take my leave. I will see you around."
The Banshee said her face like stone, you think she might know some of the names you listed but you are not sure, she did not show much reaction.
"If there was nothing else?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next