Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 16 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:35 pm

[Attic]

Colin nodded, "Quite certain, the pause between the... ritual, and the final execution is usually just a matter of seconds, and the usual execution method is... instantaneous; the victim becomes scattered particles quicker than the brain can register that they're dead. And I'll tell him."

"That...is some comfort at least. I do not want him to suffer more than...neccesary, and thank you for telling him. I hope he can find some peace."
Ara said sadly.

He nodded, "That would be most excellent, thank you. I'm not going to try to force you to remember what happened in the lab, it's the getting in without setting off the auto-destruction mechanism that's the tricky bit... Stay safe, then. And try to stay out of trouble?"

"I will try, trouble seam to find me though. Well I will take those pictures and send them. I hope that if we ever meet it is not as enemies Mr Englishman."
The young woman said then she waited to see if you had something to add before she hung up. A little after you got a text from her with several pictures. They showed a thin women's hands, the hands had long fingers and was wearing seberal rings, but they also had rather sevvere scarring, old burns it could look like, they showed several hand gestures, the gestures looked like Hermetic ones but not quite, they looked actually very similar to the gestures Anna used when she cast her spells. You recognized the one she used to interact spirits, and the one she used to lower a ward, from what you could see the gestures was signs to a spirit that, it is me, it is okey let us pass.

(OOC: Falling into the gas giant would have hurt less.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 16 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:09 pm

[Attic]
Anja wrote:"I will try, trouble seam to find me though. Well I will take those pictures and send them. I hope that if we ever meet it is not as enemies Mr Englishman."
The young woman said then she waited to see if you had something to add before she hung up. A little after you got a text from her with several pictures. They showed a thin women's hands, the hands had long fingers and was wearing seberal rings, but they also had rather sevvere scarring, old burns it could look like, they showed several hand gestures, the gestures looked like Hermetic ones but not quite, they looked actually very similar to the gestures Anna used when she cast her spells. You recognized the one she used to interact spirits, and the one she used to lower a ward, from what you could see the gestures was signs to a spirit that, it is me, it is okey let us pass.
Colin nodded, "Agreed."
Then he stopped the recording, hung up, and once the pictures arrived, forwarded them to his own phone, waited a bit to make sure there weren't any more pictures incoming, then popped the burner phone's battery and ran down to Narim's apartment to knock on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:56 pm

[Attic]

There where no more pictures. You took the battery out of the burner phone and then headed down to Narim's room. Helena opened the door.
"Mr Wainwright."
The Flambeau said politely. Narim glanced in that direction.
"Are you here with the burner phone battery?"
He asked.
"I can take care of it Mr Wainwright, before we start with the planned ritual. Did you find out anything useful?"
The Virtual Adept offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:21 pm

[Attic]
Colin nodded to Helena and Narim, "Miss Mar. Mr. Sharaya. Yes, I've got the battery for you, and more urgently..."
He held out his own phone, "There's a brand new recording, and a set of pictures in the most recent bundle of messages; they must get to Chief Morgan ASAP - and I doubt the recording is quite compatible with his phone, nor the photos. Would you kindly convert, if necessary, and send them to him immediately? It's a quick guide and identification signs to get past the spiritual guards outside the lab, I believe."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:37 pm

[Narim's Room]

Narim hesitated for a moment.
"I can but it depend how close Adley is to be ready to start the protective working he is planning, he needs me for it and felt there was some urgency for it."
The Virtual Adept replied.
"Though I realize this is also urgent. Jeffry is not likely to be ale to start a recording on his phone in any case so it will have to be translated into text, it might be faster to call him and let him know what you where told Mr Wainwright."
Narim said a bit hesitantly not used to not being able to immediately help out.
"The pictures I can send him though he should be able to open those...I think...maybe..."
The Deacon then looked at Adley.
"Where you ready to start the ritual now or do I have time to take care of this first?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:52 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Ever hear the phrase "use it or lose it?".' Nicole replied. 'Might have standing orders that if it looks like they're about to lose the place, to destroy it.'

Anja's Post:

'Bomb, ward, series of circuits rigged to overload, one of those huge spiky sea mines... all has the same effect in the end. I'm perfectly aware that it's highly likely to not be a block of Semtex. I was actually referring it as "the Bomb" to like differentiate it from like the other wards and traps.'

Anja's Post:

'That's my worry, sir. The classic "if I'm going down I'm taking you down with me".' Nicole replied curtly. 'I'm simply trying to see what ways we can reduce or - ideally - remove this threat completely.'

[I'm familiar with the trope, Great One. Merely the fact most military strategies call on the neutralisation of the biggest threats before the attack; such as "destroy enemy air force" and "cut off reinforcements". This super-ward is clearly a significant threat, and therefore Nick would want to - if possible - neutralise it. I wasn't expecting you to hand it on a plate, merely a recognition of the fact that from the looks of it you've constructed a *very* good defensive position. I didn't for one moment say this was unfair - after all, some situations *are* unwinnable - but why I was asking for an Military Science roll to see if there's any aspect she's not considered re the super-ward. Nor was I complaining either; my previous post was a bit OOC snippy due to unrelated RL stress which I apologise for.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:09 pm

[Waltham]

Ever hear the phrase "use it or lose it?".' Nicole replied. 'Might have standing orders that if it looks like they're about to lose the place, to destroy it.'

"That is a fair possibility, however seeing us out here is not going to make them assume they are about to loose the place, now we have to make sure they keep believing they have the upper hand until we can disable them and keep them from using such a self destruct function."
Jeffry replied.

'Bomb, ward, series of circuits rigged to overload, one of those huge spiky sea mines... all has the same effect in the end. I'm perfectly aware that it's highly likely to not be a block of Semtex. I was actually referring it as "the Bomb" to like differentiate it from like the other wards and traps.'

"Very well."
The old Hermetic said with a nod.
"Just as long as we are on the same page."

'That's my worry, sir. The classic "if I'm going down I'm taking you down with me".' Nicole replied curtly. 'I'm simply trying to see what ways we can reduce or - ideally - remove this threat completely.'

"Well we can try to create noise out here while a team enter the building itself, hoping the advance team are not discovered as the guards are busy with the diversion, other than that our only option is to strike fast and hard and hope it is fast enough, or possibly strike from the Umbra itself, and hope there is less of a chance they will detect us there."
The war mage said before he finished spelling the cars.

(OOC:Oh Jace's wards is indeed a threat, and everyone want it gone as soon as possible, I am not complaining about any attempt to take it out of the picture before the attack not at all, what I am protesting is that the presence of said ward make the mission impossible that it is a no win scenario. Jace have set up a good defense that he have, and yes if the group seam to be winning and there are a few of his men left they might decide the best thing is to destroy the lab, but they are not going to do so at the first glance of trouble. But let me make your roll. 2 successes, well without knowing the type and make of the ward it is hard to deal with, however Nicole have seen that devices, Ether ships and what other Etherites do that other Traditionalists call magick require fuel, so probably do this ward, it is possible if the fuel supply or stored up Quintessence in the ward are depleated somehow then it can be naturalized. Ok I hope your IR stress get resolved.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:01 pm

[Narim's rooms]

"Jeffry never speak much about his apprentices that have passed, their loss is his greatest sorrow. But I think he cam easier accept Peter's passing than the rest. Peter was his first student, he lived a long life and he died in a spectacular fashion saving a bus load of prisoners headed for MECHA from the Union, he had an ideal Flambeau life and death, so while Jeffry miss him, he is also very proud of him and what he accomplished."

"Yes, that I knew. He has told me about that, a few times."

The Virtual Adept agreed then he looked down.
"I...have never handled a gun...I remember the strike team that hit my family home, the noise, the screams...I ehm...well perhaps I should learn, there could be a time when I am not able to use magick and need to be able to defend myself in other ways. I think that if it was me or an attacker I might be able to do it, to defend myself but I am not so sure I could kill for any other reason...I might have had another perspective though if I had become and Euthanathos."

"What about to defend the chantry?" he asked. "Using a gun or magick to kill someone has the same effects in that either way they are dead; it is a tool. If you wish to learn how, I will teach you. Or someone will, I am sure."

"The kid is more outgoing perhaps, more extroverted but I don't know about warmer. I find you warm and kind."
Narim said with a smile.

"I am selective."

"Apologies, things in the infirmary took longer than I wanted."
Your sister said as she entered the Virtual Adept's apartment.
"Is all well here Master Sharaya?"
"All is well Miss Mar."
Helena then turned towards you.
"Is all ready baby brother? Ah Mr Yager is taking care of Kyle at the moment, and I saw Stephen head up there as well."

"I'm glad that he is doing better. But yes, let us get started. Here, I wrote it in a better format for you," he said handing her a paper. "And we should probably add some quintessence to the working as well...I'm thinking four drams total."

"Where you ready to start the ritual now or do I have time to take care of this first?"
He asked.

"We're ready, if you are...is there another that can help with this?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm

[Narim's rooms]

"Yes, that I knew. He has told me about that, a few times."

"Yes apparently your brother's last spell was a most impressive one even if Peter was not talented in magick or so Jeffry tells me, he gave it all to save those prisoners and your Mentor is very proud of him."
Narim said with a slight smile.

"What about to defend the chantry?" he asked. "Using a gun or magick to kill someone has the same effects in that either way they are dead; it is a tool. If you wish to learn how, I will teach you. Or someone will, I am sure."

"Yes I would also kill to defend the Chantry...if I had to."
The Virtual Adept said darkly then he sigh.
"Though I hope I never have to. I...would like to learn...to defend myself even without magick and I would prefer if it was you who taught me."
He said with a warm smile.

"I am selective."

"There is nothing wrong with being selective."
Your boyfriend told you.

"I'm glad that he is doing better. But yes, let us get started. Here, I wrote it in a better format for you," he said handing her a paper. "And we should probably add some quintessence to the working as well...I'm thinking four drams total."

"Hum...yes...I think I get this now, linking an Avatar to Kether...to the principle of creation itself, the start of creation so it can not become a thing of uncreation, very clever brother...very clever indeed."
Helena said her eyed widening in realization and she looked like a light bulb had lit up over her head as she read.
"Yes let us do this thing."
She exclaimed now eager to try out this new magick.
"I have some Tass on me if you do not baby brother."

"We're ready, if you are...is there another that can help with this?"

"I am and if it is just about converting some files almost anyone of the younger mages could do that."
Narim said.
"Mr Wainwright if you ask my apprentice to help you? Stephen should be up in the infirmary with Mr Yager and my youngest brother."
Helena suggested.
"He is quite skilled with computers."
She added and Narim nodded.
"And if young Stephen can not do it then one of the visitors from Worchester is a Hermetic of House Thig, he is in the library or the common room. He should be able to help."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:27 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"That is what I offered...but I have some vitamins he can swallow as well."
Richard said and he went to one of the cabinets and found several small bottles.
"Two drops of each of these in a glass of water, one now before Kyle rests and then again when he wakes up and then twice a day. The best though is good food and rest, but eating vitamins will nto be as quick as getting the nutrients right into his blood stream but over time it will do the trick."
The doctor said as he handed you the bottles.

"Thanks." Serge said taking the vitamins. "Would you be all right with that Kyle?" he asked the young hermetic.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:56 pm

[Narim's rooms]

"Yes apparently your brother's last spell was a most impressive one even if Peter was not talented in magick or so Jeffry tells me, he gave it all to save those prisoners and your Mentor is very proud of him."

"Using wisely what you have at your disposal can make one an effective magus, even if they lack a large amount of raw power."

"Yes I would also kill to defend the Chantry...if I had to."
The Virtual Adept said darkly then he sigh.
"Though I hope I never have to. I...would like to learn...to defend myself even without magick and I would prefer if it was you who taught me."

"You are going to have to, unfortunately we can't count on our enemies overlooking us. Especially now we seem to be plagued...next time I go practice I will let you know."

"Hum...yes...I think I get this now, linking an Avatar to Kether...to the principle of creation itself, the start of creation so it can not become a thing of uncreation, very clever brother...very clever indeed." Helena said her eyed widening in realization and she looked like a light bulb had lit up over her head as she read

"It can't unbecome because it always was and is...reaffirming that principle, yes. English is a poor language for this type of conversation sometimes..." he said, making a face. He still didn't seem to think it was particularly clever, as it was now obvious to him. But he was glad that she got the gist of it better now that he had written it in a more sensible format than his initial frantic scratchings. "I added the planetary working as well, as there seems to be a lot of powerful energies and forces from above influencing things..." he explained.

"Yes let us do this thing."
She exclaimed now eager to try out this new magick.
"I have some Tass on me if you do not baby brother."

"I have what you gave me. I think, as it is of a more static and reinforcing nature that might work well?"

"I am and if it is just about converting some files almost anyone of the younger mages could do that."
Narim said.

He nodded and while the resolve the issue picked up a few of the tools and arranged them, then tucked his ritual guide paper into his bag carefully for later.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:43 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:Narim hesitated for a moment.
"I can but it depend how close Adley is to be ready to start the protective working he is planning, he needs me for it and felt there was some urgency for it."
The Virtual Adept replied.
"Though I realize this is also urgent. Jeffry is not likely to be ale to start a recording on his phone in any case so it will have to be translated into text, it might be faster to call him and let him know what you where told Mr Wainwright."
Narim said a bit hesitantly not used to not being able to immediately help out.
"The pictures I can send him though he should be able to open those...I think...maybe..."
He asked.
Anja wrote:"We're ready, if you are...is there another that can help with this?"
Anja wrote:"I am and if it is just about converting some files almost anyone of the younger mages could do that."
Narim said.
"Mr Wainwright if you ask my apprentice to help you? Stephen should be up in the infirmary with Mr Yager and my youngest brother."
Helena suggested.
"He is quite skilled with computers."
She added and Narim nodded.
"And if young Stephen can not do it then one of the visitors from Worchester is a Hermetic of House Thig, he is in the library or the common room. He should be able to help."
Anja wrote:He nodded and while the resolve the issue picked up a few of the tools and arranged them, then tucked his ritual guide paper into his bag carefully for later.
Colin nodded, "Very well, I'll not keep you from your work, then."
He handed over the battery, "I can transcribe it and send it as a text, I guess, but as for the photos... Who's with the strike team that I can route the message and the photos through? I would have thought Adley, but with him here, well... Oh, and do you know where Lady Crexia is right now? Just so I don't have to run up and down all the stairs on a wild goose chase..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:00 pm

[Infirmary]

"Thanks." Serge said taking the vitamins. "Would you be all right with that Kyle?" he asked the young hermetic.

"Yeah taking some vitamins is fine. I do not have much of an appetite though and I am not sure if I can get any sleep but I can try."
The young Hermetic promised. At that time Stephen entered the infirmary, the kid gave you and Dr Lee a sharp bow.
"Mr Yager...Dr Lee I am just here to see how Kyle is doing if I may?"
Richard nodded at that.
"Off course...come in Stephen."
Helena's apprentice proceeded to do so. Kyle sigh as he got of the bed he was still rather unsteady and he frankly looked like shit.
"I am better, sorry for scaring you Stephen."
He said but the other Hermetic shrugged it of.
"Don't think about it, you where sick...I am glad to hear you are better."
Richard turned to Serge and said.
"You can take Kyle back to his room Serge but I want him to take those vitamins, get some food and water and then rest...ok?"

[Narim's Room]

"Using wisely what you have at your disposal can make one an effective magus, even if they lack a large amount of raw power."

"That is very true, I have met apprentices who can out spell a Master by being creative with what they have."
Narim agreed.

"You are going to have to, unfortunately we can't count on our enemies overlooking us. Especially now we seem to be plagued...next time I go practice I will let you know."

"Yeah I know...I know...but there is always hoping right...and thank you I will go with you next time...time allowing."
The Virtual Adept said with a nod.

"It can't unbecome because it always was and is...reaffirming that principle, yes. English is a poor language for this type of conversation sometimes..." he said, making a face. He still didn't seem to think it was particularly clever, as it was now obvious to him. But he was glad that she got the gist of it better now that he had written it in a more sensible format than his initial frantic scratchings. "I added the planetary working as well, as there seems to be a lot of powerful energies and forces from above influencing things..." he explained.

"That is a good idea actually, linking an Avatar more to what is and what will always be and have always been so it can not well not be."
Your sister said with an approving nod.
"That should provide some protection and yes I agree the planetary working might not be needed but it do not take to long and we might as well add it in just to be sure."

"I have what you gave me. I think, as it is of a more static and reinforcing nature that might work well?"

"Yes I think it might work well for this ritual for that reason indeed. I have some more of that with me if we need it."
Helena said with a nod.
"I have some Tass to."
Narim chimed in.

He nodded and while the resolve the issue picked up a few of the tools and arranged them, then tucked his ritual guide paper into his bag carefully for later.

You could clear the small table Narim had by the door for a lamp and keys and such, move it and use it as a make shift altar for the working to keep the tools on. It was a natural wood, simple, half circle table from Ikea or so it seamed. There was a white lamp, a glass bowl with keys and change, the basket of tools and an little white table cloth with a Testris game in progress embroidered on it on the table currently.

Colin nodded, "Very well, I'll not keep you from your work, then."

"Okey, sorry for not being able to help right now."
Narim said apologetically.

He handed over the battery, "I can transcribe it and send it as a text, I guess, but as for the photos... Who's with the strike team that I can route the message and the photos through? I would have thought Adley, but with him here, well... Oh, and do you know where Lady Crexia is right now? Just so I don't have to run up and down all the stairs on a wild goose chase..."

"Very well...hum...well Miss Bouchard is on the strike team she have a quite modern phone so you can send the information to her. As for Lady Crexia yes she is on the second floor walking down the hallway towards the stairs as we speak."
The Vierual Adept Deacon replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:22 pm

[Narim's Room]

"Yeah I know...I know...but there is always hoping right...and thank you I will go with you next time...time allowing."
The Virtual Adept said with a nod.

"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

That is a good idea actually, linking an Avatar more to what is and what will always be and have always been so it can not well not be."
Your sister said with an approving nod.
"That should provide some protection and yes I agree the planetary working might not be needed but it do not take to long and we might as well add it in just to be sure."

"Good, it seems we're on the same page now."

"Yes I think it might work well for this ritual for that reason indeed. I have some more of that with me if we need it."
Helena said with a nod.
"I have some Tass to."
Narim chimed in.

"Is it made with your quintessence? That might make the working stronger, do you think?" he asked Helena.

You could clear the small table Narim had by the door for a lamp and keys and such, move it and use it as a make shift altar for the working to keep the tools on. It was a natural wood, simple, half circle table from Ikea or so it seamed. There was a white lamp, a glass bowl with keys and change, the basket of tools and an little white table cloth with a Testris game in progress embroidered on it on the table currently.

"Can I move some of these things?" he asked. "I would like to use this table."

When Colin mentioned his name he looked over, a bit apologetic.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:48 pm

[Narim's Room]

"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

"That is all anyone can do."
Narim replied with a nod.

"Good, it seems we're on the same page now."

"Yes so it would seam."
Helena agreed.

"Is it made with your quintessence? That might make the working stronger, do you think?" he asked Helena.

"It was indeed and yes it might."
Your sister said and she pulled a small, blue velvet bag from her pocket hand handed it to you, within it you could feel more of the clear, icy Tass.
"In case it is needed for the working you can give me back what is not used."

Can I move some of these things?" he asked. "I would like to use this table."

"Yes off course...here let me help."
Narim said and he smoothly unplugged the lamp and moved it over to the living room table before he went back for that table cloth and the small glass bowl of coins and keys and moved them to a shelf before folding the cloth up neatly and putting it in the shelf as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:50 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Okey, sorry for not being able to help right now."
Narim said apologetically.
Colin shook his head, "Not at all - keeping you safe is your top priority. My apologies for interrupting."

Anja wrote:"Very well...hum...well Miss Bouchard is on the strike team she have a quite modern phone so you can send the information to her. As for Lady Crexia yes she is on the second floor walking down the hallway towards the stairs as we speak."
The Vierual Adept Deacon replied.
He nodded, "Ah, Miss Bouchard should be quite capable of passing the message on and show the Chief the photos... Thank you, I'll be on my way presently."

Anja wrote:When Colin mentioned his name he looked over, a bit apologetic.
He grinned and gave Adley a small wave, "Keep our Deacon safe, you hear? Though I'm sure it's a burden you're all too happy to carry."

He gave the others a quick bow, "If you'll excuse me, then, I must see Lady Crexia and send that message."

Typing out the message as he walked briskly toward Crexia, he sent it and the pictures off to Nicole, 'Spoke with someone who's been to the lab; pass these instructions and photos on to the Chief ASAP - urgent that he sees it. In through a side entrance, then down one long corridor, to the left and then right. Then you get to the old medical wing. Jace's lab is the second door on the right. There's a mechanism on the door, drip the spinal fluid into it. The fleshcrafter is likely in the lab. There's also a nasty pain spirit and an insane old shapeshifter in the Umbra, guarding the place. The following pictures are of gestures for each doorway and intersection, a quick identification sequence to make the guards or wards know it is Jace possessing someone. Jace may be there with a medium.'
Then he sent the pictures along with the message.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:32 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin shook his head, "Not at all - keeping you safe is your top priority. My apologies for interrupting."

"I just wish I could help Mr Wainwright."
Narim said looking a bit uncomfortable.

He nodded, "Ah, Miss Bouchard should be quite capable of passing the message on and show the Chief the photos... Thank you, I'll be on my way presently."

"Very well and good luck Mr Wainwright."
The Deacon said with a nod.

He grinned and gave Adley a small wave, "Keep our Deacon safe, you hear? Though I'm sure it's a burden you're all too happy to carry."

Narim blushed a bit when he heard this and busied himself with cleaning of the little table by the door.

Typing out the message as he walked briskly toward Crexia,

You found Crexia heading down the stairs towards the first floor, she stopped when she saw you.
"Mr Wainwright, may I help you?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:04 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'They very well might, if they see our demonstration, the car pulling up from a different direction, another "group of attackers" and then have reports of hostiles within the building.'

Anja's Post:

'Alright... laws of thermodynamics means any action needs energy. To destroy a brick and stone structure the size of the asylum needs lots of stored energy. Is there any way we can scan for this?' Nicole replied, clearly trying to pull out any other ideas from a rather frazzled mind. 'For if we can locate the store, we could either remove it, drain it or put a block on it so it doesn't go boom.'

[Nicole does has a bit of a tendency for hyperbole. And I'm trying to find a solution which does not require you having to pull a deus ex ST. Plus; Nicole may be courageous, but she's not foolhardy.]

[Nick's cell is a '13 Kyocera Torque, so yes it's modern enough.]

[And no, stress didn't resolve; as it's "your home is to be demolished". However, now I'm a bit more comfortable with the prospect.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:43 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"I just wish I could help Mr Wainwright."
Narim said looking a bit uncomfortable.
Colin smiled, "You provided the burner phone for the task - that's plenty."

Anja wrote:Narim blushed a bit when he heard this and busied himself with cleaning of the little table by the door.
He chuckled softly, "Not to worry, I'm just teasing."

Anja wrote:You found Crexia heading down the stairs towards the first floor, she stopped when she saw you.
"Mr Wainwright, may I help you?"
She asked.
He bowed politely, "Milady, I've been asked to find someone willing and able to... end a vampire as mercifully as possible. Would you be willing to do this? I believe he is restrained in a ritual room."
He frowned, "Ah, and I should check in on Shawn, to see to it that he's not traumatized by that... Damn."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:44 am

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"Yeah taking some vitamins is fine. I do not have much of an appetite though and I am not sure if I can get any sleep but I can try."
The young Hermetic promised. At that time Stephen entered the infirmary, the kid gave you and Dr Lee a sharp bow.
"Mr Yager...Dr Lee I am just here to see how Kyle is doing if I may?"
Richard nodded at that.
"Off course...come in Stephen."
Helena's apprentice proceeded to do so. Kyle sigh as he got of the bed he was still rather unsteady and he frankly looked like shit.
"I am better, sorry for scaring you Stephen."
He said but the other Hermetic shrugged it of.
"Don't think about it, you where sick...I am glad to hear you are better."
Richard turned to Serge and said.
"You can take Kyle back to his room Serge but I want him to take those vitamins, get some food and water and then rest...ok?"

Serge nodded at towards Stephen, too worried about Kyle to give ice mage's apprentice any sort of verbal greeting.

"I'm sure he'll take the vitamins." Serge said to Dr. Lee. Glancing at Kyle he said, "Come on Kyle. Let's get to your room. I'll tell you some fun stories on the way to get your mind off things. Like how your mentor gave me permission to vandalize every floor of this chantry."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:00 am

[Narim's Room]

"It was indeed and yes it might."
Your sister said and she pulled a small, blue velvet bag from her pocket hand handed it to you, within it you could feel more of the clear, icy Tass.
"In case it is needed for the working you can give me back what is not used."

"I still have what you gave to me earlier."

"It is a privileged not a burden. Be well, amicus. Good luck."

Yes off course...here let me help." Narim said and he smoothly unplugged the lamp and moved it over to the living room table before he went back for that table cloth and the small glass bowl of coins and keys and moved them to a shelf before folding the cloth up neatly and putting it in the shelf as well.

"Thank you." Once it was cleared he moved it to where it needed to be and set the items on it that needed to be there. "Very well, I think that is everything..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:17 am

[Narim's Room]

Colin smiled, "You provided the burner phone for the task - that's plenty."

"Oh no problem I always have a bunch of those on hand."
Narim replied.

He chuckled softly, "Not to worry, I'm just teasing."

The Virtual Adept glanced over at Adley and again he blushed, he was smiling though.

"I still have what you gave to me earlier."

"It is better to be prepared, and have it on hand if it should be needed."
Your sister replied.

"It is a privileged not a burden. Be well, amicus. Good luck."

This to made Narim smile warmly.

"Thank you." Once it was cleared he moved it to where it needed to be and set the items on it that needed to be there. "Very well, I think that is everything..."

"I am ready brother."
Helena said and Narim nodded and he came over to the make shift altar.
"Just tell me what to do my love."
He said.

[Hallway]

He bowed politely, "Milady, I've been asked to find someone willing and able to... end a vampire as mercifully as possible. Would you be willing to do this? I believe he is restrained in a ritual room."
He frowned, "Ah, and I should check in on Shawn, to see to it that he's not traumatized by that... Damn."

Crexia regarded you then she nodded.
"I am quite able to make it quick but I would need to know why this vampire is being killed. I might be an old torturer but I try not to harm anyone without knowing the reason."
She said then she nodded.
"Is Shawn your new custos Mr Wainwright? Well if he can sense this other vampire being killed yes he might need to be calmed down."

[Infirmary]

Serge nodded at towards Stephen, too worried about Kyle to give ice mage's apprentice any sort of verbal greeting.

"I'm sure he'll take the vitamins." Serge said to Dr. Lee. Glancing at Kyle he said, "Come on Kyle. Let's get to your room. I'll tell you some fun stories on the way to get your mind off things. Like how your mentor gave me permission to vandalize every floor of this chantry."

"Ok..."
Kyle said as he came with you.
"Thank you for the help Dr Lee."
He muttered and Richard nodded.
"Take care of yourself kid."
Walking with you Kyle's eyes widened a little.
"Master Morgan let you vandalize all the floors?"
He asked in a tired tone of voice though this was to incredulous not to ask about.

[Waltham]

'They very well might, if they see our demonstration, the car pulling up from a different direction, another "group of attackers" and then have reports of hostiles within the building.'

"Hum...we can try to make sure we are not discovered inside of the building itself."
Jeffry said.
"So we just have the distraction outside to get us inside while we find a quiet way in."

Alright... laws of thermodynamics means any action needs energy. To destroy a brick and stone structure the size of the asylum needs lots of stored energy. Is there any way we can scan for this?' Nicole replied, clearly trying to pull out any other ideas from a rather frazzled mind. 'For if we can locate the store, we could either remove it, drain it or put a block on it so it doesn't go boom.'

"Yes that might be possible to very...carefully scan for, a powerful ward would have stored up Quintessence...I might be able to at least find it without risk setting it off."
The Chief replied.

At this time you got the text from Colin, some text and several pictures of a scarred woman's hand doing hand gestures.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:29 am

[Narim's Room]
S7trif3 wrote:"It is a privileged not a burden. Be well, amicus. Good luck."
Anja wrote:The Virtual Adept glanced over at Adley and again he blushed, he was smiling though.
Colin smiled, "Ah, bless you both, and good luck."

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:Crexia regarded you then she nodded.
"I am quite able to make it quick but I would need to know why this vampire is being killed. I might be an old torturer but I try not to harm anyone without knowing the reason."
She said then she nodded.
He sighed, "The laboratory strike team ran into one of Jace's vampires - the poor sot set up in a scouting position. He's apparently not in a good condition, and has been, er, interrogated, and by the Chief's orders, he's outlived his usefulness. I don't like it, either, but... I don't see that we have many better options for him..."

Anja wrote:"Is Shawn your new custos Mr Wainwright? Well if he can sense this other vampire being killed yes he might need to be calmed down."
He nodded, "A thin-blooded boy, he's quite the sensitive kid. Supernaturally so, he could feel our... other restrained guest's presence as he was being read to... Gods know what he's feeling from an already traumatized prisoner..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:06 am

[Narim's Room]

Colin smiled, "Ah, bless you both, and good luck."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Narim said with a warm smile.

[Hallway]

He sighed, "The laboratory strike team ran into one of Jace's vampires - the poor sot set up in a scouting position. He's apparently not in a good condition, and has been, er, interrogated, and by the Chief's orders, he's outlived his usefulness. I don't like it, either, but... I don't see that we have many better options for him..."

"Well one do not want to just free and enemy and keeping prisoners takes resources. I can take care of it. If I where such a creature I would not have wanted a quick dead, no matter how drawn out and painful it would be better than what await him. But I will make it swift non the less. Hum...I assume Master Morgan is as opposed to slavery as he have always been if not I could arrange for the creature to be sold, there are those among the Traditions who want a custos they have full authority over to put it like that and who is not protected by the Protocols. It would not be a kind or comfortable life but it would be life."
Crexia said with a frown not batting an eye at suggesting slavery it was something she was used to from when she was young.

He nodded, "A thin-blooded boy, he's quite the sensitive kid. Supernaturally so, he could feel our... other restrained guest's presence as he was being read to... Gods know what he's feeling from an already traumatized prisoner..."

"Then it is probably best to check up on him."
The lich lady said.
"And stay with him as I end this other vampire he might feel that as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:53 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"Well one do not want to just free and enemy and keeping prisoners takes resources. I can take care of it. If I where such a creature I would not have wanted a quick dead, no matter how drawn out and painful it would be better than what await him. But I will make it swift non the less. Hum...I assume Master Morgan is as opposed to slavery as he have always been if not I could arrange for the creature to be sold, there are those among the Traditions who want a custos they have full authority over to put it like that and who is not protected by the Protocols. It would not be a kind or comfortable life but it would be life."
Crexia said with a frown not batting an eye at suggesting slavery it was something she was used to from when she was young.
Colin nodded, "Master Morgan is quite as staunch an abolitionist, as always. And honestly, rightly so. There's something altogether dehumanizing about the idea of owning people; the mindset behind that is at the root of a lot of society's ills today - the wealthy complaining that their employees are too miserly to pay for the very products those employees produce, despite the same business owners refusing to pay their employees high enough wages to live on... I'm not saying the institution is without its practical advantages - how I can keep Shawn safe, for example - but... it's altogether too open to abuses."

Anja wrote:"Then it is probably best to check up on him."
The lich lady said.
"And stay with him as I end this other vampire he might feel that as well."
He nodded, "I'm afraid it will upset him greatly... Hum, on another note, I suppose no-one would bat an eye if you simply harvested the tass from the poor fellow afterwards. It's certainly a practical resource, after all..."
He sighed, offering an arm to Crexia, "Well... shall we?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next