Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 17 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:17 pm

[Hallway]

Colin nodded, "Master Morgan is quite as staunch an abolitionist, as always. And honestly, rightly so. There's something altogether dehumanizing about the idea of owning people; the mindset behind that is at the root of a lot of society's ills today - the wealthy complaining that their employees are too miserly to pay for the very products those employees produce, despite the same business owners refusing to pay their employees high enough wages to live on... I'm not saying the institution is without its practical advantages - how I can keep Shawn safe, for example - but... it's altogether too open to abuses."

"Not having a strong middle class is not the fault of slavery Mr Wainwright. I at time feel my age in this. For all of my life save the last two hundred years, slavery have been a natural part of human society, for most of the world and now it is presented as a great evil, it is hard to fathom. Treating your employees badly though is not the same, in ancient Rome most slaves where treated better than free workers as one would have invested a great deal of resources into a slave, while a free worker you could just send on their way. However there is honor in choosing to die free over becoming a slave but had it been up to me I would have given the prisoner a choice."
Crexia said.
"But it is Master Morgan's call not mine and I will do the deed. Now as for your custos, well it is certainly legal for you to hold him as a slave, but I would think he is rather a servant, free to leave your employ if he should so desire?"
The lich asked.

He nodded, "I'm afraid it will upset him greatly... Hum, on another note, I suppose no-one would bat an eye if you simply harvested the tass from the poor fellow afterwards. It's certainly a practical resource, after all..."

"The quickest ways to end a vampire do not leave much Tass as it is in their bodies and blood. I can bring the prisoner into the Umbra and do the deed there though as to get some distance between your custos and this other creature as he dies."
The archmaga said.

[quoteHe sighed, offering an arm to Crexia, "Well... shall we?"][/quote]

"Certainly...one of the ritual rooms you said? Then I will find him."
Crexia said as she started heading for the basement.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 17 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:28 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"Not having a strong middle class is not the fault of slavery Mr Wainwright. I at time feel my age in this. For all of my life save the last two hundred years, slavery have been a natural part of human society, for most of the world and now it is presented as a great evil, it is hard to fathom. Treating your employees badly though is not the same, in ancient Rome most slaves where treated better than free workers as one would have invested a great deal of resources into a slave, while a free worker you could just send on their way. However there is honor in choosing to die free over becoming a slave but had it been up to me I would have given the prisoner a choice."
Crexia said.
"But it is Master Morgan's call not mine and I will do the deed. Now as for your custos, well it is certainly legal for you to hold him as a slave, but I would think he is rather a servant, free to leave your employ if he should so desire?"
The lich asked.
Colin shook his head, "I did not say that slavery is the cause of a weakening middle class, it's the mindset that wealthy people can own people that is at the root of it - that riches grant impunity. That's the root of most of society's ills. Slavery, as well as poor treatment of those one sees as one's lessers, are merely symptoms of the disease... As for Shawn, this is true-ish; if you want to get technical about it, I see him as family... but by Tradition law, a servant is the closest approximation. Though I will hold on to him until his mind is healed enough that I am satisfied he is able to make the informed decision."
He frowned, "Oh, I almost forgot to mention, Andreas Giovanni the Elder sent an unfortunate spy after Freddy and myself, to follow us. He was not as subtle as he thought, and we rather quickly noticed him, and had a quick chat with him about the wisdom of stalking Mages... I did ask him to pass on a message to his employer that if the good Andreas wants a word, there are easier ways to contact me... I suspect the good Elder was more curious than hostile, to be honest."

Anja wrote:"The quickest ways to end a vampire do not leave much Tass as it is in their bodies and blood. I can bring the prisoner into the Umbra and do the deed there though as to get some distance between your custos and this other creature as he dies."
The archmaga said.
He nodded, "I would appreciate that, thank you."

Anja wrote:"Certainly...one of the ritual rooms you said? Then I will find him."
Crexia said as she started heading for the basement.
He sighed, tagging along, "You know, I do wonder what it would take to break the vampires' curse - to break that hellscape's grip on every last one of them, let them die and move on in peace instead... Obviously, it would be directly defying God, so the power required would be... accordingly."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:55 pm

[Hallway]

Colin shook his head, "I did not say that slavery is the cause of a weakening middle class, it's the mindset that wealthy people can own people that is at the root of it - that riches grant impunity. That's the root of most of society's ills. Slavery, as well as poor treatment of those one sees as one's lessers, are merely symptoms of the disease...

"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright. I am quite used to living in a society separated by classes and I would tend to say it is a lack of honor in how the powerful behave in today's society that is the problem and not that such a divide exist."
The ancient maga scoffed.
"Rome did perfectly well with such systems in place."
She added proudly."

As for Shawn, this is true-ish; if you want to get technical about it, I see him as family... but by Tradition law, a servant is the closest approximation. Though I will hold on to him until his mind is healed enough that I am satisfied he is able to make the informed decision."

"That is a good call to let the boy heal before you let him decide if he want to go or stay. For me I separate quite clearly between a servant, and a slave. I have several servants that I pay for their services in money or Tass, they have working contracts and can leave as they choose. I also own a hedge wizard girl I bought at Horizon and own the contract of a Verbena mage sentenced to indentured servitude, they are my property not just my servants."
The lich replied.
"Though it is true that in Rome most personal servants was indeed property, so is not the case anymore. Morningstar have several custos all of which are free to leave though the Massassa girl you met would do so to face her own doom as her own kind want her end, she is free to leave if she want to and she is paid for her services as librarian and caretaker for old Master Antonius."

He frowned, "Oh, I almost forgot to mention, Andreas Giovanni the Elder sent an unfortunate spy after Freddy and myself, to follow us. He was not as subtle as he thought, and we rather quickly noticed him, and had a quick chat with him about the wisdom of stalking Mages... I did ask him to pass on a message to his employer that if the good Andreas wants a word, there are easier ways to contact me... I suspect the good Elder was more curious than hostile, to be honest."

"I am not surprised the man was honorable the last time I met him but it is in his nature to be curious about current goings on. If his spy did not harm you or Miss Adlebloom I see no reason to react to him sending out an agent to follow you, the warning you gave the spy should be enough."
Crexia replied with a nod.

He nodded, "I would appreciate that, thank you."

"Certainly it is no great inconvenience."

He sighed, tagging along, "You know, I do wonder what it would take to break the vampires' curse - to break that hellscape's grip on every last one of them, let them die and move on in peace instead... Obviously, it would be directly defying God, so the power required would be... accordingly."

"I have done so...once...for a member of my former House who wanted to be mortal again. It took me to the very edge of my ability and took a terrifying amount of Quintessence but it worked. I was no able to bring back her lost Avatar though, she spent fifty years serving House Mercere before a Union bullet ended her life. I checked to make sure she ended up in a plesant afterlife. To break through the curse of a vampire though is extremely hard and the older the vampire the harder, the woman I helped had only been among the undead for a few months when she came to me. I recently saw a man who used to serve under me during the war with Diedne. I fear even my magick would ahve failed to bring him more than a few hours of mortality...Ceestines are powerful beings and their curses are impressive."
The Tytalus said as she stepped down into the magickal part of the basement.
"Which ritual room was it Mr Wainwright? Ah yes before I go do my grim task...my Chantry would like to extend it's thanks to the members of yours who helped save one of our members today, I know Mr Roth Hicks, Master Telar and Mr Yager was involved, when there is time could you find out the names of the rest so I can properly thank them?"
The ancient maga requested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:10 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"Ok..."
Kyle said as he came with you.
"Thank you for the help Dr Lee."
He muttered and Richard nodded.
"Take care of yourself kid."
Walking with you Kyle's eyes widened a little.
"Master Morgan let you vandalize all the floors?"
He asked in a tired tone of voice though this was to incredulous not to ask about.

"Yeah!" Serge said with a smile, glad to take Kyle's mind off of something as he lead the young Hermetic to his room. "Well...sort of. He gave me permission to create a ward over the chantry. And as I'm an art mage, that's basically permission to vandalize the chantry."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:22 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright. I am quite used to living in a society separated by classes and I would tend to say it is a lack of honor in how the powerful behave in today's society that is the problem and not that such a divide exist."
The ancient maga scoffed.
"Rome did perfectly well with such systems in place."
She added proudly."
Colin nodded, "True, there'll always be some differences in societal classes - for example, Adley and I are of somewhat disparate classes, as such, with me being a craftsman and business owner, and him being a scholar and teacher - but the differences in the social hierarchy are largely washed away these days thanks to the predatory ruling class - the CEOs and allegedly elected politicians of the world. The sense of noblesse oblige is a great part of what is lost, I'm afraid..."

Anja wrote:"That is a good call to let the boy heal before you let him decide if he want to go or stay. For me I separate quite clearly between a servant, and a slave. I have several servants that I pay for their services in money or Tass, they have working contracts and can leave as they choose. I also own a hedge wizard girl I bought at Horizon and own the contract of a Verbena mage sentenced to indentured servitude, they are my property not just my servants."
The lich replied.
"Though it is true that in Rome most personal servants was indeed property, so is not the case anymore. Morningstar have several custos all of which are free to leave though the Massassa girl you met would do so to face her own doom as her own kind want her end, she is free to leave if she want to and she is paid for her services as librarian and caretaker for old Master Antonius."
He nodded, "One problem in recent centuries, I suppose, is that slaves to a great extent stopped being an investment, and began being seen as largely disposable chattel... See the horrific transatlantic trade, which I'm rather ashamed to admit Britain had its share of interest in... One thing is when slaves are still seen as individuals by their owners, but when the owner just notes that he has a huge plantation and 120 slaves for back-breaking farmwork, with no need to feed them well or provide healthcare, since lives are cheap... well, I'm sure you've seen more of that era than I have, obviously..."

Anja wrote:"I am not surprised the man was honorable the last time I met him but it is in his nature to be curious about current goings on. If his spy did not harm you or Miss Adlebloom I see no reason to react to him sending out an agent to follow you, the warning you gave the spy should be enough."
Crexia replied with a nod.
He smiled wryly, "It might have been possible to interpret the warning as an invitation to speak, as well. We shall see what, if anything, comes of it."

Anja wrote:"I have done so...once...for a member of my former House who wanted to be mortal again. It took me to the very edge of my ability and took a terrifying amount of Quintessence but it worked. I was no able to bring back her lost Avatar though, she spent fifty years serving House Mercere before a Union bullet ended her life. I checked to make sure she ended up in a plesant afterlife. To break through the curse of a vampire though is extremely hard and the older the vampire the harder, the woman I helped had only been among the undead for a few months when she came to me. I recently saw a man who used to serve under me during the war with Diedne. I fear even my magick would ahve failed to bring him more than a few hours of mortality...Ceestines are powerful beings and their curses are impressive."
The Tytalus said as she stepped down into the magickal part of the basement.
He nodded, "Evidently, a case-by-case basis is one way to work things out, though I had more of a global scale of things in mind - though I suppose that would require essentially wrestling God and taking away his power and decrees... not a challenge I believe would be particularly wise, or safe."

Anja wrote:"Which ritual room was it Mr Wainwright? Ah yes before I go do my grim task...my Chantry would like to extend it's thanks to the members of yours who helped save one of our members today, I know Mr Roth Hicks, Master Telar and Mr Yager was involved, when there is time could you find out the names of the rest so I can properly thank them?"
The ancient maga requested.
He arched an eyebrow, "Mr. Yager was not on the Seattle mission, he was working on the Chantry wards with Anna and Yu Die. Though I shall let them know, and ask them to pass along the names of the rest of the team. Hum... room one, I think? I'm not sure off the top of my head whether Chief Morgan said 'ritual room one' or 'one of the ritual rooms'..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:03 pm

[Hallway]

Colin nodded, "True, there'll always be some differences in societal classes - for example, Adley and I are of somewhat disparate classes, as such, with me being a craftsman and business owner, and him being a scholar and teacher - but the differences in the social hierarchy are largely washed away these days thanks to the predatory ruling class - the CEOs and allegedly elected politicians of the world. The sense of noblesse oblige is a great part of what is lost, I'm afraid..."

"I have noticed that the Nephandi seam to have their claws in the ruling class at the moment, at least in this part of the world, I wonder how many of these politicians are actually pawns of the Fallen and how many are just influenced by that foul faction."
Crexia said with disgust in her voice.

He nodded, "One problem in recent centuries, I suppose, is that slaves to a great extent stopped being an investment, and began being seen as largely disposable chattel... See the horrific transatlantic trade, which I'm rather ashamed to admit Britain had its share of interest in... One thing is when slaves are still seen as individuals by their owners, but when the owner just notes that he has a huge plantation and 120 slaves for back-breaking farmwork, with no need to feed them well or provide healthcare, since lives are cheap... well, I'm sure you've seen more of that era than I have, obviously..."

"I do think some of the problem is the Bible of this little upstart religion you have yourself, it says slavery are perfectly acceptable but only if the slave is of another people. Now granted Rome often took slaves among the people we conquered but many poor Roman also found their way into slavery, it was a fate we knew could befall everyone so while slaves was not always kindly treated, in fact I remember there being these stores where you could go to get your slave punished, all from a whipping to execution, for a free as many did not have a stomach to do so themselves. However one thing we did not do was not see our slaves as human, we might think that being Roman we had a certain...superiority but it was not divided among racial lines the same way."
The lich said.
"But yes cruelty happens, and I do not favor treating property whatever they be servants or apprentices badly, however one can have laws to restrict such things without doing away with the practice completely. With the Verbena I own for example there are quite a few rules as to how I may treat her, and once her time is served she is to be released. I have bought her to teach me more of her Tradition's magick so I might easier understand Jacob my student's Verbena lover and also work better with their kind. I assure you I do not mistreat her or the hedge wizard I own. I make sure they have good quarters, good food and are given time for their own studies and pursuits as well as their work for me."

He smiled wryly, "It might have been possible to interpret the warning as an invitation to speak, as well. We shall see what, if anything, comes of it."

"If it was taken as that, if you treat the Elder Giovanni with respect I do not think you have anything to fear. He is a Massassa but he is honorable."
The old Tytalus replied.

He nodded, "Evidently, a case-by-case basis is one way to work things out, though I had more of a global scale of things in mind - though I suppose that would require essentially wrestling God and taking away his power and decrees... not a challenge I believe would be particularly wise, or safe."

"I can not see that happening unless one where to become a God oneself, that is...possible and give impressive power but comes with it's own drawbacks and is not an easy path and no before you can match the power of a Celestine taking one on and insulting it's works are not a wise choice Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a frown.

He arched an eyebrow, "Mr. Yager was not on the Seattle mission, he was working on the Chantry wards with Anna and Yu Die. Though I shall let them know, and ask them to pass along the names of the rest of the team.

"Ah I just assumed, William said a young man drew pictures and helped to calm him down and had promised to get him back to his routines so I just assumes he was part of it perhaps I was mistaken, my Chantrymate can be hard to understand at times, even for me he have been stuck in a Clarity Quiet for years."
The lich said.
"As most our kind is...I feel it's pull on me as well and it is through will and a great deal of work to stay...flexible I can avoid it...or rather stave it of."
She said then she shook her head.
"Well in either case I also believe a young Technocrat prisoner helped William I would like to extend my gratitude to him as well."

Hum... room one, I think? I'm not sure off the top of my head whether Chief Morgan said 'ritual room one' or 'one of the ritual rooms'..."

"I guess we shall examine them one by one then."
Crexia said but behind the doors to the large ritual chamber you saw a horror on the floor so you did not have to look for long. A man lay on the floor, his face frozen in a scream of agony and horror. His eyes had burned, burst and melted out of their sockets and most of the skin was black and oozing blood. He was staked and frozen in this posture of agony, a human would not have survived burns like this that covered all of his body but for a vampire as long as most of his body remained intact, he would live. Crexia muttered something in Greek you think meant poor bastard and knelt down beside the vampire.
"Well at least he is now...ehm...comatose, these beings can enter into a state of suspended animation when injured badly enough, he will not be aware of what is happening to him and in such a state he will not be aware of pain or at least if he is aware of it then it is to a lessened degree, there is that small favor at least."
The lich lady informed you.
"Well i shall take him unto the deep and end him there...I will let you know once the deed is done."

[Infirmary]

"Yeah!" Serge said with a smile, glad to take Kyle's mind off of something as he lead the young Hermetic to his room. "Well...sort of. He gave me permission to create a ward over the chantry. And as I'm an art mage, that's basically permission to vandalize the chantry."

"Well that is pretty cool...you put drawings all through the Chantry Mr Yager?"
Kyle asked as Stephen helped him down the stairs towards his room, the young widderslainte was rather unsteady on his feet you noticed.
"I am sure it is a neat ward."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"Well that is pretty cool...you put drawings all through the Chantry Mr Yager?"
Kyle asked as Stephen helped him down the stairs towards his room, the young widderslainte was rather unsteady on his feet you noticed.
"I am sure it is a neat ward."

"Well, one on each floor. Except the roof which has two pictures. Keep an eye out next time your exploring the chantry. You might catch one of my pictures standing guard." he replied, keeping a close eye on Kyle's condition to ensure he wasn't worsening as he led the two to Kyle's room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:00 pm

[Kyle's Room]

"Well, one on each floor. Except the roof which has two pictures. Keep an eye out next time your exploring the chantry. You might catch one of my pictures standing guard." he replied, keeping a close eye on Kyle's condition to ensure he wasn't worsening as he led the two to Kyle's room.

"I will do so."
Kyle promised as you reached his apartment and headed inside. The TV was still showing a car game in progress that the two boys had been playing when Kyle had started feeling ill.
"What if I make some scrambled eggs or something it is easy to eat and is nutritious."
Stephen offered and Kyle sigh.
"Thank you...I will try to eat it. But you don't have to I do not want to be a bother."
"Well dude it takes like to minutes if you have eggs...do you have eggs?"
"Yes I have eggs."
"Ok great, if you lay down on the sofa I will fix the eggs...do you want some scrambled eggs to Mr Yager?"
Stephen said as he headed to the kitchen and Kyle obediently laid down on the sofa, his lack of protest showing more than words how exhausted and out of it he was feeling.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:12 pm

[Narim's room]

"It is better to be prepared, and have it on hand if it should be needed."
Your sister replied.

"That is true," he said and accepted the tass.

"I am ready brother."
Helena said and Narim nodded and he came over to the make shift altar.
"Just tell me what to do my love."
He said.

He reached out to take Narim's hand. "Alright, internally it will be just as we discussed, the mantras you were describing at the intersections of the working I told you about. As for where to sit or stand..perhaps the best positioning..." he considered where to put him that would make sense and that he would not be stepped upon when he moved around working on it. "If there are no questions I will begin."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 pm

[Narim's room]

"That is true," he said and accepted the tass.

Helena just nodded at that.

He reached out to take Narim's hand. "Alright, internally it will be just as we discussed, the mantras you were describing at the intersections of the working I told you about. As for where to sit or stand..perhaps the best positioning..." he considered where to put him that would make sense and that he would not be stepped upon when he moved around working on it. "If there are no questions I will begin."

Narim let you take his hand and he smiled a little. You found a place to put him where you and Helena could still move around the make shift altar and not step on the Deacon. The Virtual Adept let you position him then he shook his head.
"No further questions."
He then closed his eyes to begin his own meditations. Helena simply nodded to say that she was ready, she had never been one for many words where they where not needed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:24 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"I will do so."
Kyle promised as you reached his apartment and headed inside. The TV was still showing a car game in progress that the two boys had been playing when Kyle had started feeling ill.
"What if I make some scrambled eggs or something it is easy to eat and is nutritious."
Stephen offered and Kyle sigh.
"Thank you...I will try to eat it. But you don't have to I do not want to be a bother."
"Well dude it takes like to minutes if you have eggs...do you have eggs?"
"Yes I have eggs."
"Ok great, if you lay down on the sofa I will fix the eggs...do you want some scrambled eggs to Mr Yager?"
Stephen said as he headed to the kitchen and Kyle obediently laid down on the sofa, his lack of protest showing more than words how exhausted and out of it he was feeling.

"Nah, I'm good." Serge said despite not having eaten in quite a while. Much like Kyle he was a little too anxious to eat and seeing the melted eyeballs of a scorched vampire hadn't helped his appetite much either.

He wanted to remind Kyle about his vitamins but seeing how exhausted the child was he decided to let him rest instead, figuring he could take the vitamins with his meal. "If you need anything. Let me know." he commented, finding a nearby seat to rest his legs.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:54 pm

[Narim's room]

Narim let you take his hand and he smiled a little. You found a place to put him where you and Helena could still move around the make shift altar and not step on the Deacon. The Virtual Adept let you position him then he shook his head.
"No further questions."

"Very well, may I have two drams of the tass that you offered?"

He smiled at him, then turned back to the center and centered himself. This was no doubt the hardest thing he'd tried yet, and though he'd had insights and was not so much in crises mode, it was going to be hard even with help. He began working through each of the sections of the ritual as he had noted on the ritual outline. At first, some of it seemed similar to the first working, but though it built upon some of the same foundations and flowed into the Greater Ritual of the Hexagram, it culminated with using LVX formula. The energy movement was in the opposite direction of the first working he had done, from above. At the intersections he incorporated the tass where it was important and required. The cool, icy tass of his sora at first, to start the working and then the static tass as well as that of of Narim near the end, to draw the light of the hook of heaven, reaffirming it as part of the natural state and movement of avatars, that which could not be touched by most spirits, and that they as mages were fortunate enough to be aware of and to interact with during the course of their material lives, a rarified glory that allowed them to progress on their paths. He remembered the feelings from his Seeking, the sensations that were part of it, and the import of the end result that he was attempting to once again capture.

ooc: C1, S2, P2, +1WP +4Quint: 2, 8, 0, 8; 0, 1, 7, 7; 8, 1, 9, 2; 9, 7, 9, 6 (let me know if there should be another roll, if 7 is not the difficulty)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:43 pm

[Narim's room]

"Very well, may I have two drams of the tass that you offered?"

"Certainly."
Narim said and he first pulled a memory stick out of his pocket.
"Yeah...perhaps not the right kind for you."
He said before he found some small micro processor parts from another pocket, you could feel the clear, static Quintessence in them, the quartz in them almost sounded like the song from Narim's own Avatar.
"Here will this do?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

He smiled at him, then turned back to the center and centered himself. This was no doubt the hardest thing he'd tried yet, and though he'd had insights and was not so much in crises mode, it was going to be hard even with help. He began working through each of the sections of the ritual as he had noted on the ritual outline. At first, some of it seemed similar to the first working, but though it built upon some of the same foundations and flowed into the Greater Ritual of the Hexagram, it culminated with using LVX formula. The energy movement was in the opposite direction of the first working he had done, from above. At the intersections he incorporated the tass where it was important and required. The cool, icy tass of his sora at first, to start the working and then the static tass as well as that of of Narim near the end, to draw the light of the hook of heaven, reaffirming it as part of the natural state and movement of avatars, that which could not be touched by most spirits, and that they as mages were fortunate enough to be aware of and to interact with during the course of their material lives, a rarified glory that allowed them to progress on their paths. He remembered the feelings from his Seeking, the sensations that were part of it, and the import of the end result that he was attempting to once again capture.

You went through the Hexagram ritual, banishing unwanted influences of the stars, during this part Helena did the ritual along side you, when you got to the hook ritual though she stepped back to assist you, never the less you felt her presence, and as the ritual progressed you could almost feel the cold, wise soul that lived inside of her, just as you could feel the Fire Angel burn inside of you and hear the song of Narim's Crystal Cave. You felt the presence of what most spirits could not touch but which you as beings possessing a piece of the creative force itself was a part of. You used the insights from your Seeking and hooked Narim's Cave to that principle of creation, linking it with the very essence of eternal creation. Kether was the thing that was not yet existing and yet it continuously created, with Narim's soul linked to it with a line that could not be broken, it could not Fall. Just as you completed your ritual, putting it all into place you heard a frustrated, inhuman scream from outside, as if something had been waiting just beyond the wards and now it knew it's prey had escaped, the scream died down as the creature left empty handed. Narim shivered at that cry but he remained standing with his eyes closed, meditating as you worked. By the time you finished the ritual you could feel yourself both bathed in sweat with the effort and feeling extremely elevated, you felt drunk on Quintessence and the raw power of the ritual but also, elevated and at peace, if for just a moment as you had been in the presence of something holy, or perhaps it was more that you always where near something holy but this time you felt the full glory of it, for just a moment. Your head spun but you knew the ritual had worked, and not just because of the inhuman scream from outside the window. For now at least Narim was safe, his soul would not Fall and so it was useless to Wallace Jace. The Crystal Cave was a holy recepticle of knowledge and so it should remain.

[Kyle's Rom]

Nah, I'm good." Serge said despite not having eaten in quite a while. Much like Kyle he was a little too anxious to eat and seeing the melted eyeballs of a scorched vampire hadn't helped his appetite much either.

"Sure then I will just make some for Kyle Sir."
Stephen said as he found eggs and a frying pan in the kitchen and set to work.

He wanted to remind Kyle about his vitamins but seeing how exhausted the child was he decided to let him rest instead, figuring he could take the vitamins with his meal. "If you need anything. Let me know." he commented, finding a nearby seat to rest his legs.

"No I don't need anything. I am sorry to worry you Sir."
Kyle muttered he was shivering and did not look well. Stephen soon returned with a white plate filled with scrambled eggs and a glass of water.
"Thank you."
Jeffry's apprentice said, but he did not look like he much wanted the food.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:03 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"No I don't need anything. I am sorry to worry you Sir."
Kyle muttered he was shivering and did not look well. Stephen soon returned with a white plate filled with scrambled eggs and a glass of water.
"Thank you."
Jeffry's apprentice said, but he did not look like he much wanted the food.

"Don't worry about it." Serge said with a wave of his hand. "I know eating not particularly on your mind, but try your best. You don't need to eat all of it, but getting some warm food in you will do you some good. Looks like your about to freeze over. Remember to eat the vitamins Dr. Lee gave you as well.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:25 am

[Kyle's Room]

"I will try."
Kyle muttered as he picked up his fork and picked at his food.
"Yeah...it was two drops of each bottle in water was it?"
He asked and he took the little bottles and dripped the drops into his glass of water and took a sip.
"She did not want to go...into the Caul in my former life, she did not want to go, but she had no choice..."
The boy whispered with a shudder.
"She was betrayed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:00 am

[Narim's room]

"Certainly." Narim said and he first pulled a memory stick out of his pocket. "Yeah...perhaps not the right kind for you."

"I'm...not sure how to get the quintessence out of there? Does it have to be plugged in? Because...I'm not using anything that it could plug into." He looked a bit confused if he could just use it the way he always used tass or not.

He said before he found some small micro processor parts from another pocket, you could feel the clear, static Quintessence in them, the quartz in them almost sounded like the song from Narim's own Avatar. "Here will this do?" The Virtual Adept asked.

He took the parts and held them and then nodded. "I can feel the energy, so I assume I can, yes."

You went through the Hexagram ritual...By the time you finished the ritual you could feel yourself both bathed in sweat with the effort and feeling extremely elevated, you felt drunk on Quintessence and the raw power of the ritual but also, elevated and at peace, if for just a moment as you had been in the presence of something holy, or perhaps it was more that you always where near something holy but this time you felt the full glory of it, for just a moment. Your head spun but you knew the ritual had worked, and not just because of the inhuman scream from outside the window. For now at least Narim was safe, his soul would not Fall and so it was useless to Wallace Jace. The Crystal Cave was a holy receptacle of knowledge and so it should remain.

Once he'd completed the ritual fully, he sat down on the floor across from Narim. He was feeling dizzy and needed to center himself, and integrate the experience for a few moments. He knew something had happened, it had worked, and that the thing that had come for Narim's avatar before had come back to try again. He recalled that it had left them of it's own accord, but, as his senses returned to normal, it seemed likely that Jace had induced it to try again, perhaps even punished it for failing last time. After a few breathing excercises he opened his eyes and gave a tired smile. He wiped his face on the tail of his shirt and then glanced at the window. It was gone. When it had cried out he'd felt the sweat chill on him, but it was gone...and it had worked. This time, in this now, things wouldn't get as bad as they had in his Seeking.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:13 am

[Narim's room]

"I'm...not sure how to get the quintessence out of there? Does it have to be plugged in? Because...I'm not using anything that it could plug into." He looked a bit confused if he could just use it the way he always used tass or not.

"Ehm...yes the Tass is tored as data...let me find you something else instead."
Narim said before he put the memory stick back into his pocket.

He took the parts and held them and then nodded. "I can feel the energy, so I assume I can, yes."

"Yes with these the Tass is just stored in the old chips themselves you can just pull it out as you would with for example a crystal, in fact most of the Quint is in the crystals that powers these."
The Virtual Adept said as he handed the micro chips over.

Once he'd completed the ritual fully, he sat down on the floor across from Narim. He was feeling dizzy and needed to center himself, and integrate the experience for a few moments. He knew something had happened, it had worked, and that the thing that had come for Narim's avatar before had come back to try again. He recalled that it had left them of it's own accord, but, as his senses returned to normal, it seemed likely that Jace had induced it to try again, perhaps even punished it for failing last time. After a few breathing excercises he opened his eyes and gave a tired smile. He wiped his face on the tail of his shirt and then glanced at the window. It was gone. When it had cried out he'd felt the sweat chill on him, but it was gone...and it had worked. This time, in this now, things wouldn't get as bad as they had in his Seeking.

Narim just sat down as well and for a while he just sat there as you caught your breath and centered yourself. Helena was less affected so she started busying herself with cleansing and packing away the ritual equipment, such things had to be handeled with a certain degree of care after all. After some time had passed, you did not know exactly how long since your head still spun and right now such worldly things seamed less important, Narim spoke.
"I heard...that thing out there scream, I think...you saved my Avatar Adley...both of you did...thank you, I can never repay any of you for this."
The virtual Adept said softly then he reached out and gently put his hand on yours.
"That was some working my love I could feel...it was beautiful."
He said as he looked into your eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:34 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"I have noticed that the Nephandi seam to have their claws in the ruling class at the moment, at least in this part of the world, I wonder how many of these politicians are actually pawns of the Fallen and how many are just influenced by that foul faction."
Crexia said with disgust in her voice.
Colin frowned, "Probably not many direct pawns. They wouldn't need to maintain them after they got the system entrenched for grooming the various politicians' successors..."

Anja wrote:"I do think some of the problem is the Bible of this little upstart religion you have yourself, it says slavery are perfectly acceptable but only if the slave is of another people. Now granted Rome often took slaves among the people we conquered but many poor Roman also found their way into slavery, it was a fate we knew could befall everyone so while slaves was not always kindly treated, in fact I remember there being these stores where you could go to get your slave punished, all from a whipping to execution, for a free as many did not have a stomach to do so themselves. However one thing we did not do was not see our slaves as human, we might think that being Roman we had a certain...superiority but it was not divided among racial lines the same way."
The lich said.
"But yes cruelty happens, and I do not favor treating property whatever they be servants or apprentices badly, however one can have laws to restrict such things without doing away with the practice completely. With the Verbena I own for example there are quite a few rules as to how I may treat her, and once her time is served she is to be released. I have bought her to teach me more of her Tradition's magick so I might easier understand Jacob my student's Verbena lover and also work better with their kind. I assure you I do not mistreat her or the hedge wizard I own. I make sure they have good quarters, good food and are given time for their own studies and pursuits as well as their work for me."
He chuckled darkly, "Oh, it's not my upstart religion. Now, if I recall correctly, the slavery advocacy is mainly an old testament thing, not so much the new testament, so you can blame the Jews for that one, at least. But Christianity in all its branches certainly carries its fair share of the blame, too. And of course there can be laws to punish cruel slave owners, but what good are such laws if those uncaring owners can avoid responsibility by either paying a fine or blaming someone under their authority?"
He frowned, "Much like how you said your father blamed your first Mentor, in fact - it was unjust, but he could get away with it..."

Anja wrote:"I can not see that happening unless one where to become a God oneself, that is...possible and give impressive power but comes with it's own drawbacks and is not an easy path and no before you can match the power of a Celestine taking one on and insulting it's works are not a wise choice Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a frown.
He nodded, "Well, that one's not precisely famed for being able to generously accept criticism... But there's a difference between pointing out flaws and wrongnesses from a safe distance, and spitting in the God's face..."

Anja wrote:"Ah I just assumed, William said a young man drew pictures and helped to calm him down and had promised to get him back to his routines so I just assumes he was part of it perhaps I was mistaken, my Chantrymate can be hard to understand at times, even for me he have been stuck in a Clarity Quiet for years."
The lich said.
"As most our kind is...I feel it's pull on me as well and it is through will and a great deal of work to stay...flexible I can avoid it...or rather stave it of."
She said then she shook her head.
"Well in either case I also believe a young Technocrat prisoner helped William I would like to extend my gratitude to him as well."
He nodded, "Oh, like so - yes, I believe that does sound like Mr. Yager helped calm down Master William after your venerable Chantrymate arrived here with the others; that would have coincided quite precisely with the assassination attempt on Anna, which Adley and Mr. Yager helped thwart, and it does sound quite likely that Mr. Yager would do what he could to deescalate the situation. As for the Technocrat, I mean to go have a word with him, too, I believe he is in the hobby room, watching a movie or something."

Anja wrote:"I guess we shall examine them one by one then."
Crexia said but behind the doors to the large ritual chamber you saw a horror on the floor so you did not have to look for long. A man lay on the floor, his face frozen in a scream of agony and horror. His eyes had burned, burst and melted out of their sockets and most of the skin was black and oozing blood. He was staked and frozen in this posture of agony, a human would not have survived burns like this that covered all of his body but for a vampire as long as most of his body remained intact, he would live. Crexia muttered something in Greek you think meant poor bastard and knelt down beside the vampire.
"Well at least he is now...ehm...comatose, these beings can enter into a state of suspended animation when injured badly enough, he will not be aware of what is happening to him and in such a state he will not be aware of pain or at least if he is aware of it then it is to a lessened degree, there is that small favor at least."
The lich lady informed you.
"Well i shall take him unto the deep and end him there...I will let you know once the deed is done."
He frowned, "Oh, bugger... that's a fair bit worse than I'd expected... Thank you, Milady, I'll be over with Shawn to see if he needs calming down..."
He pointed in Shawn's room's general direction, and gave Crexia a nod, before heading over to knock lightly on Shawn's door, "Shawn? We've had an unexpected event..."

((OOC: Welp, come to work, printer is throwing up an error code, and the plotter is finally giving up all pretense of printing the right colors... Waiting for the printer tech, hopefully he gets here soon...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:36 pm

[Hallway]

Colin frowned, "Probably not many direct pawns. They wouldn't need to maintain them after they got the system entrenched for grooming the various politicians' successors..."

"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright, at least the Fallen have had a hand in getting the system to the terrible state it is currently in, time will tell how many of their pawns are in politics."
Crexia replied.

He chuckled darkly, "Oh, it's not my upstart religion. Now, if I recall correctly, the slavery advocacy is mainly an old testament thing, not so much the new testament, so you can blame the Jews for that one, at least. But Christianity in all its branches certainly carries its fair share of the blame, too. And of course there can be laws to punish cruel slave owners, but what good are such laws if those uncaring owners can avoid responsibility by either paying a fine or blaming someone under their authority?"

"Oh I can blame them both and yes laws are no good if they do not count both in practice and on paper."
The ancient maga replied.

He frowned, "Much like how you said your father blamed your first Mentor, in fact - it was unjust, but he could get away with it..."

The lich's eyes grew darker and she had a sad look about her for a moment before she got control of her expressions.
"It was unjust, but at the time, not illegal, at the time slaves had few rights in Rome."
She said with a sigh.
"But the punishment for a poor but free man accused of touching a senator's daughter might have been worse than for a well respected slave like Crixus. There where worse...things than crucifixion."

He nodded, "Well, that one's not precisely famed for being able to generously accept criticism... But there's a difference between pointing out flaws and wrongnesses from a safe distance, and spitting in the God's face..."

"And what would you think is a safe distance for a Celestine Mr Wainwright?"
Crexia asked and she raised and eyebrow.

He nodded, "Oh, like so - yes, I believe that does sound like Mr. Yager helped calm down Master William after your venerable Chantrymate arrived here with the others; that would have coincided quite precisely with the assassination attempt on Anna, which Adley and Mr. Yager helped thwart, and it does sound quite likely that Mr. Yager would do what he could to deescalate the situation. As for the Technocrat, I mean to go have a word with him, too, I believe he is in the hobby room, watching a movie or something."

"If you do please thank the Technocrat for me Mr Wainwright."
Crexia requested.
"Yes your Cabalmate seam to have a healer's soul and he seam good at calming such situations down."
The lich agreed.
"I hope your apprentice is well after the attempt on her life, it must have been scary for the child."

He frowned, "Oh, bugger... that's a fair bit worse than I'd expected... Thank you, Milady, I'll be over with Shawn to see if he needs calming down..."

"Sunlight do a number on vampires Mr Wainwright."
The lich said with a frown then she nodded and begun forming a bed of air to carry the prisoner into the umbra on.

He pointed in Shawn's room's general direction, and gave Crexia a nod, before heading over to knock lightly on Shawn's door, "Shawn? We've had an unexpected event..."

The archmaga gave you a nod back as she stepped into the Umbra with the prisoner. You got to Shawn's room. You found Jon there sitting next to the terrified vampire. The door to the kid's room was open and Shawn was crying.
"I am sure whatever you are feeling it do not endanger you kid."
Jon tried but it did not help Shawn was bawling.
"I feel him...he burns...he burns...."
The boy cried. Jon looked up and looked relieved when he saw you.
"Colin I don't know what to do, Shawn just suddenly started panicking he cries that someone is burning. How do I calm him down?"
The Virtual Adept asked, clearly rather stressed about what to do to help Shawn.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:44 pm

[Narim's room]

"Ehm...yes the Tass is tored as data...let me find you something else instead."
Narim said before he put the memory stick back into his pocket.

"I am not familiar with how to employ it in such a form."

"Yes with these the Tass is just stored in the old chips themselves you can just pull it out as you would with for example a crystal, in fact most of the Quint is in the crystals that powers these."

"There are crystals in here?" He squinted at the chips curiously. "They must be very small. Well, that makes more sense to me..."

"I heard...that thing out there scream, I think...you saved my Avatar Adley...both of you did...thank you, I can never repay any of you for this."
The virtual Adept said softly then he reached out and gently put his hand on yours.
"That was some working my love I could feel...it was beautiful."

"We are fortunate that my avatar was able to give me some insight that I could apply here, there is no need to repay us. We are just glad that it worked at that you are both safe from that harm," he said, giving his hand a squeeze then he reached over to hug him. "I'm so relieved...what could you feel?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:52 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:The lich's eyes grew darker and she had a sad look about her for a moment before she got control of her expressions.
"It was unjust, but at the time, not illegal, at the time slaves had few rights in Rome."
She said with a sigh.
"But the punishment for a poor but free man accused of touching a senator's daughter might have been worse than for a well respected slave like Crixus. There where worse...things than crucifixion."
Colin nodded, "I believe I made my point... and I apologize."

Anja wrote:"And what would you think is a safe distance for a Celestine Mr Wainwright?"
Crexia asked and she raised and eyebrow.
He paused for a moment, then smiled wryly, "Well, I would say Earth in general, and away from holy ground, or the Celestine's specific sphere of influence in the specific. Though for a Mage, behind a ward or three would probably not go amiss atop that. No swearing in a church, and so on... and no taunting Zeus in a thunderstorm, either. On that note, there was a Marine sergeant in Iraq, who went off on a Chinese-American Marine in his unit. The poor Marine had set up a small shrine to some Chinese war god, I am not sure who - big, burly, bearded fellow with a large glaive or similar sort of weapon. The sergeant apparently made some comment about false idols in his unit, and threw the shrine out. The next morning, the sergeant lost two fingers on his main hand when his sidearm misfired at the shooting range. So there's the element of a time and place for everything..."

Anja wrote:"If you do please thank the Technocrat for me Mr Wainwright."
Crexia requested.
"Yes your Cabalmate seam to have a healer's soul and he seam good at calming such situations down."
The lich agreed.
"I hope your apprentice is well after the attempt on her life, it must have been scary for the child."
He nodded, "I shall. And my Cabalmate does... and Anna had a minor scare, but nothing she can't handle."

Anja wrote:"Sunlight do a number on vampires Mr Wainwright."
The lich said with a frown then she nodded and begun forming a bed of air to carry the prisoner into the umbra on.
He nodded, frowning, "So it does... This chap was unlucky to survive it..."

Anja wrote:The archmaga gave you a nod back as she stepped into the Umbra with the prisoner. You got to Shawn's room. You found Jon there sitting next to the terrified vampire. The door to the kid's room was open and Shawn was crying.
"I am sure whatever you are feeling it do not endanger you kid."
Jon tried but it did not help Shawn was bawling.
"I feel him...he burns...he burns...."
The boy cried. Jon looked up and looked relieved when he saw you.
"Colin I don't know what to do, Shawn just suddenly started panicking he cries that someone is burning. How do I calm him down?"
The Virtual Adept asked, clearly rather stressed about what to do to help Shawn.
He sighed and knelt down next to Shawn, "I know... the lab team came across one of Jace's accomplices and... took him down and sent him here for, er, interrogation. Poor fellow was struck by sunlight, it seems, and then restrained. The poor fellow is... being taken care of, now. It's not how I would have wished it to go, but... that's the way it is."
He laid a hand gently on Shawn's shoulder, "The poor guy isn't here anymore... can you let it go?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:08 pm

[Narim's room]

"I am not familiar with how to employ it in such a form."

"I will find some other Tass it might be easier for you to use."
Narim said with a nod as he continued to rummage through his pockets.

"There are crystals in here?" He squinted at the chips curiously. "They must be very small. Well, that makes more sense to me..."

"Yes they are small indeed. Inside is a an electronic oscillator circuit that uses a tiny quartz, well quartz material to general a very precise electrical signal."
The Virtual Adept explained.
"For these chips though they are Tass due to having been in use in well loved, well used computers for many years, this means they have eventually stored up Quintessence."

"We are fortunate that my avatar was able to give me some insight that I could apply here, there is no need to repay us. We are just glad that it worked at that you are both safe from that harm," he said, giving his hand a squeeze then he reached over to hug him. "I'm so relieved...what could you feel?"

"Then please thank your Avatar from me as well Adley."
The Deacn said. He returned the hug and put his head on your shoulder for a while.
"I felt...a change in code to include a bit of an eternal number into the information that makes up my Avatar meaning it's program will run until completion without the possibility of corrupting the code."
Narim said.
"And I felt fire and ice...mostly fire, engulfing me and yet it did not burn, and that I can not explain."

[Hallway]

Colin nodded, "I believe I made my point... and I apologize."

"There is no need to apologize. However I fail to see how this means there is a problem with the institution of slavery itself. Many slaves rose to provenance above that of many free Romans, it is not slavery that is the problem, it is when those in power abuse that power. Like I said if a free man of low status had gained my favor in the same way his punishment at the hands of the man who liked to call himself my father would have likely been worse."
Crexia replied and she raised an eyebrow.

He paused for a moment, then smiled wryly, "Well, I would say Earth in general, and away from holy ground, or the Celestine's specific sphere of influence in the specific. Though for a Mage, behind a ward or three would probably not go amiss atop that. No swearing in a church, and so on... and no taunting Zeus in a thunderstorm, either. On that note, there was a Marine sergeant in Iraq, who went off on a Chinese-American Marine in his unit. The poor Marine had set up a small shrine to some Chinese war god, I am not sure who - big, burly, bearded fellow with a large glaive or similar sort of weapon. The sergeant apparently made some comment about false idols in his unit, and threw the shrine out. The next morning, the sergeant lost two fingers on his main hand when his sidearm misfired at the shooting range. So there's the element of a time and place for everything..."

"It is wise not to anger a God without very good reason Mr Wainwright but yes if you get away from the influence of the Celestine in question you would get more leeway. Even so undoing one of his curses, will not be an easy task, to undo a spell one will have to match the power of the one who cast it in the first place, and that will not be easy, there is a reason why no one have ended the curse of the Massassa despite all the trouble their kind have caused."
The ancient maga said with a frown.

He nodded, "I shall. And my Cabalmate does... and Anna had a minor scare, but nothing she can't handle."

The lich just nodded at this.

He nodded, frowning, "So it does... This chap was unlucky to survive it..."

"Yes...he would have been in horrible agony before he lost consciousness."
Crexia said, not without compassion for the unfortunate vampire in her voice.

He sighed and knelt down next to Shawn, "I know... the lab team came across one of Jace's accomplices and... took him down and sent him here for, er, interrogation. Poor fellow was struck by sunlight, it seems, and then restrained. The poor fellow is... being taken care of, now. It's not how I would have wished it to go, but... that's the way it is."

"Is he going to be killed?"
Shawn asked and he looked at you with eyes full of blood tears which was also running down his face.
"I can feel his fear and pain...he...is in torpor now but he was so terrified and he was hurting so badly...it was horrible!"
The boy wept.

He laid a hand gently on Shawn's shoulder, "The poor guy isn't here anymore... can you let it go?"

The young thin blooded vampire jumped slightly, he was not used to being touched, but he did not pull away and he nodded, though he was still sobbing.
"I...will try Sir but there are so much death and pain and despair everywhere, so much...it is not easy to deal with..."
He muttered and he looked up at you sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:45 pm

[Narim's room]

"Yes they are small indeed. Inside is a an electronic oscillator circuit that uses a tiny quartz, well quartz material to general a very precise electrical signal."
The Virtual Adept explained.
"For these chips though they are Tass due to having been in use in well loved, well used computers for many years, this means they have eventually stored up Quintessence."

"...this must be what it feels like when I speak in a language that no one else knows," he said with a wry look. "At least I get that they are crystals and how they formed, which is all the explanation I need for now."

"Then please thank your Avatar from me as well Adley."
The Deacn said. He returned the hug and put his head on your shoulder for a while.

"Very well, though I believe she already knows." He directed a sense of gratitude, for both of them.

"I felt...a change in code to include a bit of an eternal number into the information that makes up my Avatar meaning it's program will run until completion without the possibility of corrupting the code." Narim said. "And I felt fire and ice...mostly fire, engulfing me and yet it did not burn, and that I can not explain."

"...I think that's right. As for the feelings of cold and ice, it could be the tass from us. I thought that the caul was outside, that AJ felt but it wasn't, apparently. It was that other spirit, I believe. Well, at least she is gone for now and cannot harm you." He sat up and then glanced over at his sister. "Thank you for your help."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:27 pm

[Narim's Room]

"...this must be what it feels like when I speak in a language that no one else knows," he said with a wry look. "At least I get that they are crystals and how they formed, which is all the explanation I need for now."

"Yes...ehm...well yes...the quartz let there be very precise energy shifts so that the microchip can work, and yes as long as you get what you need to work with the Tass that should be enough."
Narim said with a wry smile.

"Very well, though I believe she already knows." He directed a sense of gratitude, for both of them.

You felt your Avatar smile slightly from deep within your soul at that.

"...I think that's right. As for the feelings of cold and ice, it could be the tass from us. I thought that the caul was outside, that AJ felt but it wasn't, apparently. It was that other spirit, I believe. Well, at least she is gone for now and cannot harm you." He sat up and then glanced over at his sister. "Thank you for your help."

"I am not sure if I should be relieved or horrified it was that Paradox spirit outside of the Chantry and not a natural Caul."
Narim said and shuddered.
"If it had not been for the fact that I do not really enjoy the feeling of being drunk I would have had a few strong ones when all of this is over...do you think that spirit is gone for good this time? And do that mean I can use magick again? or should I still hold back and be careful?"
He asked.
"Hum...Tass from you and Miss Mar might be it yes..."
Helena nodded.
"My Quintessence and Resonance are often seen as cold Master Sharaya..."
She said then she nodded.
"I am glad I could help...is there anything else you need help with brother? If not perhaps I should check in with Lady Crexia who have been running a check on our wards to make sure they are sound and then check on our brother?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:51 pm

[Narim's Room]

"I am not sure if I should be relieved or horrified it was that Paradox spirit outside of the Chantry and not a natural Caul."
Narim said and shuddered.

"That caul is somewhere nearby, just not as close as I mistook it."

"If it had not been for the fact that I do not really enjoy the feeling of being drunk I would have had a few strong ones when all of this is over...do you think that spirit is gone for good this time? And do that mean I can use magick again? or should I still hold back and be careful?"
He asked.

"Well...I do not know if it is gone for good. But, the working I did was...how do I put this? In my Seeking, he had already gotten your avatar and was proceeding to try to put it into a caul, having had it several months. It was fighting him as it did not want that to happen. We were trying to save it so it may be restored to you whole and unFallen, and so that is how I came up with that working. So, while I do not think that end is possible due to the working, I cannot say that he would not try to do something else, with that spirit to harm you. That is why I still thought it wise to keep the original ward protection up," he explained. "He is a man of many backup plans, unfortunately it is hard for me to guess his mind or preparations, other than to say I doubt that he will give up entirely on some permutation to reach his goals."

"I am glad I could help...is there anything else you need help with brother? If not perhaps I should check in with Lady Crexia who have been running a check on our wards to make sure they are sound and then check on our brother?"

"That sounds like a good idea. I will see if AJ is ready to come back here soon. Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next