Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 18 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:05 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"There is no need to apologize. However I fail to see how this means there is a problem with the institution of slavery itself. Many slaves rose to provenance above that of many free Romans, it is not slavery that is the problem, it is when those in power abuse that power. Like I said if a free man of low status had gained my favor in the same way his punishment at the hands of the man who liked to call himself my father would have likely been worse."
Crexia replied and she raised an eyebrow.
He frowned, then nodded, "The point was that slavery is one of the institutions that most easily lends itself to such abuses of power, because one party has so much power over the other, and all too easily some piece of law to hide behind... And, of course, almost no-one voluntarily enters slavery, meaning that the whole business relies on abducting and breaking people in the first place... like Kira's poor pawn. Well, Custos, I should say..."

Anja wrote:"It is wise not to anger a God without very good reason Mr Wainwright but yes if you get away from the influence of the Celestine in question you would get more leeway. Even so undoing one of his curses, will not be an easy task, to undo a spell one will have to match the power of the one who cast it in the first place, and that will not be easy, there is a reason why no one have ended the curse of the Massassa despite all the trouble their kind have caused."
The ancient maga said with a frown.
He nodded, "As I said, criticizing from safe distance is one thing, mocking them up close and in person is another. As an old soldier, I am, and will always be, under the dominion of Mars, so I will know to guard my tongue where he is concerned. And as for the vampire curse, well... to reach the unreachable star, I suppose."

Anja wrote:"Is he going to be killed?"
Shawn asked and he looked at you with eyes full of blood tears which was also running down his face.
"I can feel his fear and pain...he...is in torpor now but he was so terrified and he was hurting so badly...it was horrible!"
The boy wept.
He nodded quietly, looking down.

Anja wrote:The young thin blooded vampire jumped slightly, he was not used to being touched, but he did not pull away and he nodded, though he was still sobbing.
"I...will try Sir but there are so much death and pain and despair everywhere, so much...it is not easy to deal with..."
He muttered and he looked up at you sadly.
He pondered, then frowned, "If I can mute a ghoul's blood bond to their master, I might be able to help you, too..."
He put on his glasses, and fished out his pen and notepad, working quickly to see if he could find that single Correspondence thread to the unfortunate captive out of what would probably look like a mighty rope or Correspondence links, so he could try to scramble it, to mute it for Shawn...

((OOC: So, starting with a Correspondence 1/Entropy 1 spell to find the Damn Thing, I think? Using Foci - the glasses and working a circle on the notepad - so Arete rolls: 1,3,7 - 1,3,7 - 2,5,0. With Foci and the Node right around the corner, that can't be more than Difficulty 3, so... 4 successes should last the Scene, despite a bumpy start trying to discern the right connection. That must be how Doctor Strange felt trying to find the right future... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 18 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:45 pm

[Narim's Room]

"That caul is somewhere nearby, just not as close as I mistook it."

"Ah I see, it is still a problem in Boston then."
Narim said with a frown.

"Well...I do not know if it is gone for good. But, the working I did was...how do I put this? In my Seeking, he had already gotten your avatar and was proceeding to try to put it into a caul, having had it several months. It was fighting him as it did not want that to happen. We were trying to save it so it may be restored to you whole and unFallen, and so that is how I came up with that working. So, while I do not think that end is possible due to the working, I cannot say that he would not try to do something else, with that spirit to harm you. That is why I still thought it wise to keep the original ward protection up," he explained. "He is a man of many backup plans, unfortunately it is hard for me to guess his mind or preparations, other than to say I doubt that he will give up entirely on some permutation to reach his goals."

"Hum...yes caution is probably still best, but if the immediate danger is passed then perhaps I can at least help out if I am needed."
The Virtual Adept said then he frowned again.
"The story of what happened in your Seeking though Adley is...disturbing the idea that someone can take my Avatar...not just take it but then to make it Fall...it is...horrifying..."
Narim shuddered.
"Just horrifying, but yes even if the worst have been avoided and thank the Gods it have, Wallace Jace is known for his back up plans, so it is best to be careful."

"That sounds like a good idea. I will see if AJ is ready to come back here soon. Thank you."

"I believe he is right outside the door brother, I heard him and his cane a while ago but he probably did not want to come in and risk disturbing our ritual"
Helena said as Narim, a bit unsteady on his feet still, went to check and then let Adjan in.
"The Primus is on top of the situation with the Caul."
The Euthanathos said.

[Hallway]

He frowned, then nodded, "The point was that slavery is one of the institutions that most easily lends itself to such abuses of power, because one party has so much power over the other, and all too easily some piece of law to hide behind... And, of course, almost no-one voluntarily enters slavery, meaning that the whole business relies on abducting and breaking people in the first place... like Kira's poor pawn. Well, Custos, I should say..."

"And yet if that where the case there should be far less abuses now that such institutions are gone save for in criminal environments and among the supernatural and yet listening to the news they continue as never before."
Crexia said.
"Well actually in ancient Rome it was not uncommon for citizens who found themselves to poor to care for themselves, especially women and children to willingly sell themselves into slavery, but yes for the most part slaves where either hereditary or prisoners and was not slaves of their own free will, even so fate can toss rocks in the way of all of our paths and not all that we do are of our own free will, I see little problem with it."
The old maga said sternly.

He nodded, "As I said, criticizing from safe distance is one thing, mocking them up close and in person is another. As an old soldier, I am, and will always be, under the dominion of Mars, so I will know to guard my tongue where he is concerned. And as for the vampire curse, well... to reach the unreachable star, I suppose."

"Yes well few Gods care if mortals criticize them, outright mocking, some might take offense, but for most they care the same you might care about the insects you step on as you walk down the road, and their criticisms even less."
The old Tytalus replied.

He nodded quietly, looking down.

"It is...not good when my kind die Sir...something horrible happens to us then."
Shawn whispered between sobs and he looked away.

He pondered, then frowned, "If I can mute a ghoul's blood bond to their master, I might be able to help you, too..."
He put on his glasses, and fished out his pen and notepad, working quickly to see if he could find that single Correspondence thread to the unfortunate captive out of what would probably look like a mighty rope or Correspondence links, so he could try to scramble it, to mute it for Shawn...

It was not easy to find the right link, there where links everywhere. It was as if Shawn stood at the end of a wast, long corridor looking down and thousands and thousands of unlives filled that hallway, the links where not complete though, just glimpses of memories and deeds, just by chance, by luck you found the broken links to the unfortunate captive and you managed to scramble it, removing them from Shawn's view among the countless others. You saw the vampire boy relax a bit. He still looked sad though.
"I don't like it when others hurt...or get killed Sir..."
He muttered softly.
"I don't like that at all..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:16 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"I will try."
Kyle muttered as he picked up his fork and picked at his food.
"Yeah...it was two drops of each bottle in water was it?"
He asked and he took the little bottles and dripped the drops into his glass of water and took a sip.
"She did not want to go...into the Caul in my former life, she did not want to go, but she had no choice..."
The boy whispered with a shudder.
"She was betrayed."

"Try not to think about it. Try to focus on something else." Serge urged gently. "You may feel her fear. But that's not your life anymore. Your Kyle now. And we'll make sure nothing like that happens to you."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:30 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Try not to think about it. Try to focus on something else." Serge urged gently. "You may feel her fear. But that's not your life anymore. Your Kyle now. And we'll make sure nothing like that happens to you."

"I know a Caul can not do me any harm Sir, I am already Fallen, but my soul is still scared...and I will pay the price in this life, after all I will be dragged to Horizon where I will be bound and thrown in a cell, perhaps they will use that horrible serum on me again...then there will be a trial. Best case scenario I get Branded. I looked it up, it is when you take basically a hot poker...not physically, though sometimes they do it to the body as well, to your Avatar and burn a mark into it...worst case scenario...they Gilgul me!"
Kyle said bitterly and he pushed the food around on the plate with his form not eating anything of it.
"I asked Master Tolle...my lawyer what my chances where, he said due to me having been in the Labyrinth and having helped Lisa Larson in order to keep her from killing my dad the case is not cut and dried, he estimate my chances to be between sixty and eighty percent, that still mean there are twenty to forty percent chance they wil rip my soul out and destroy it along with my magick while I am still alive and I get to choose between death and perhaps turning into the kind of ghost that is causing trouble now Sir...or trying to survive as a hollow husk."
The boy looked down and started sobbing again.
"So no I am not very hungry...and my Avatar have every reason to be angry and scared."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:51 am

[Narim's Room]

"Ah I see, it is still a problem in Boston then."
Narim said with a frown.

"I assume it is close enough for it to affect my frater...I believe my amicus was trying to explain but I was confused."

"Hum...yes caution is probably still best, but if the immediate danger is passed then perhaps I can at least help out if I am needed."
"The story of what happened in your Seeking though Adley is...disturbing the idea that someone can take my Avatar...not just take it but then to make it Fall...it is...horrifying..."
Narim shuddered.
"Just horrifying, but yes even if the worst have been avoided and thank the Gods it have, Wallace Jace is known for his back up plans, so it is best to be careful."

Narim shuddered.

"Oh...of course that must have taken some while..." he said, as if just now realizing it.

Narim, a bit unsteady on his feet still, went to check and then let Adjan in.
"The Primus is on top of the situation with the Caul."
The Euthanathos said.

"I believe that what you sensed right outside was the spirit that was trying to take his avatar...it has left, at least for now. I completed the working before it found a way inside." He frowned. "The caul is still somewhere nearby I believe, though...what were his thoughts, if I may ask?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:59 am

[Narim's Room]

"I assume it is close enough for it to affect my frater...I believe my amicus was trying to explain but I was confused."

"Yes...but if it is the boy's Avatar who is scared, who know what it's idea of what is close is, it might be very different from human perception."
Narim replied with a worried frown.

"Oh...of course that must have taken some while..." he said, as if just now realizing it.

The Deacon glanced at the clock on the kitchen wall.
"We where at it for 17 minutes."
He replied.

"I believe that what you sensed right outside was the spirit that was trying to take his avatar...it has left, at least for now. I completed the working before it found a way inside." He frowned.

"So it was not the Caul outside Adley?"
Adjan asked.
"You got the working done? Master Sharaya is going to be fine now?"
He asked and he glanced at Narim who nodded.

"The caul is still somewhere nearby I believe, though...what were his thoughts, if I may ask?"

"His thoughts where...very ehm...Hermetic. He said a natural Caul is a manifestation of a Qlipothic Sphere on the Tree of Life as as such it is a part of existence that should not be, but he do not think it is something that will attack us, and that we should focus on taking down the Nephandi and Wallace Jace and when no one is ready to Fall it should leave on it's own."
The death magus replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:56 am

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"And yet if that where the case there should be far less abuses now that such institutions are gone save for in criminal environments and among the supernatural and yet listening to the news they continue as never before."
Crexia said.
"Well actually in ancient Rome it was not uncommon for citizens who found themselves to poor to care for themselves, especially women and children to willingly sell themselves into slavery, but yes for the most part slaves where either hereditary or prisoners and was not slaves of their own free will, even so fate can toss rocks in the way of all of our paths and not all that we do are of our own free will, I see little problem with it."
The old maga said sternly.
Colin sighed, "Yes, well, the wealthy and powerful have managed to game the system to ensure resources accumulate at their feet, rather than circulate freely as was supposed to happen... The problem being that the criminal circles that do the most damage can hide behind a veneer of law and pretended moral decency; after all, they have wealth, so they must have done something right to deserve it. Besides, it's not as though slavery was fully abolished in the US, either - it was just reorganized so that instead of owning slaves, the people depending on forced labour could pay the prisons for a temporary workforce, and so the targeted incarcerations of black people could commence; vagrancy was a very popular charge, for example, when most of the black population could not find employment, because those who might employ them got prisoners to do the work more cheaply... And in any case, I do believe the issue at heart here was not whether you nor I find issue with the institution, but whether Master Morgan does... and he does."

Anja wrote:"Yes well few Gods care if mortals criticize them, outright mocking, some might take offense, but for most they care the same you might care about the insects you step on as you walk down the road, and their criticisms even less."
The old Tytalus replied.
He nodded, "And though a Mage's words carry some more weight, for lack of a more accurate term, Celestines do seem to have less power to directly influence the world today, save by invitation. And of course, you don't want the invitation to be a variant of 'kill me, I'm here!' or other comparable taunts."

Anja wrote:"It is...not good when my kind die Sir...something horrible happens to us then."
Shawn whispered between sobs and he looked away.
He nodded, "I know... I'm trying to save one who didn't deserve it, this fellow is less innocent, but even so... I'm sorry..."

Anja wrote:It was not easy to find the right link, there where links everywhere. It was as if Shawn stood at the end of a wast, long corridor looking down and thousands and thousands of unlives filled that hallway, the links where not complete though, just glimpses of memories and deeds, just by chance, by luck you found the broken links to the unfortunate captive and you managed to scramble it, removing them from Shawn's view among the countless others. You saw the vampire boy relax a bit. He still looked sad though.
"I don't like it when others hurt...or get killed Sir..."
He muttered softly.
"I don't like that at all..."
He nodded, taking off his glasses again now that the link was muted, and sighed, "I don't like it, either... But, I had an interesting bit of insight just now. It might be possible to create something that lets you have some measure of control over your senses; a way to mute the painful experiences and even pick vampires to pay close attention to. I would have to confer with Mr. Yager about the idea, though, since he is the one who knows how minds work - but there might be a way to help you rest undisturbed. You're linked to so many unlives, so many fragmented emotions and impressions, it's no wonder you're so strained..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:13 pm

[Hallway]

Colin sighed, "Yes, well, the wealthy and powerful have managed to game the system to ensure resources accumulate at their feet, rather than circulate freely as was supposed to happen... The problem being that the criminal circles that do the most damage can hide behind a veneer of law and pretended moral decency; after all, they have wealth, so they must have done something right to deserve it. Besides, it's not as though slavery was fully abolished in the US, either - it was just reorganized so that instead of owning slaves, the people depending on forced labour could pay the prisons for a temporary workforce, and so the targeted incarcerations of black people could commence; vagrancy was a very popular charge, for example, when most of the black population could not find employment, because those who might employ them got prisoners to do the work more cheaply...

"Certainly there are more than one type of slavery and forced prisoner labor are often a rather cruel version of it, as it is the worst of both worlds, the lack of consent from chattel slavery with the lack of the owner having to make an investment from just hieing cheap labor. One could also call the American system where an employer often have control of a employee's health insurance as a form of slavery as the employee can not freely leave and not risk their lives. For profit prisons seam to be a thing that can do nothing but invite for a corrupt system."
Crexia agreed.
"None of these are good arguments why I should nto be allowed to make an captured enemy my slave or someone might sell themselves to get out of money problems."
She declared.

I do believe the issue at heart here was not whether you nor I find issue with the institution, but whether Master Morgan does... and he does."

"That is a fair point Mr Wainwright and as this is his Chantry he get to decide that an eternity of torture is better than servitude for his prisoners."
The lich lady said without a hint of emotion.

He nodded, "And though a Mage's words carry some more weight, for lack of a more accurate term, Celestines do seem to have less power to directly influence the world today, save by invitation. And of course, you don't want the invitation to be a variant of 'kill me, I'm here!' or other comparable taunts."

""A mage's words carry great power Mr Wainwright, at times also enough to make a God listen therefore we need to be careful with how we use those words. And yes the Gods have gotten less influence over the material world as their worshipers have dwindled. I suspect they might be tulpas, man made personifications of concepts created from belief and therefore they also need belief to bolster their power, only a theory off course but it would fit with my knowledge of how the universe works. Perhaps the best way ti kill a God is to make them irrelevant."

He nodded, "I know... I'm trying to save one who didn't deserve it, this fellow is less innocent, but even so... I'm sorry..."

"You will save many Sir, and some of those will save you and those you love in turn. But you will also hurt some of the innocent. I hear their screams around you and doing so will haunt you."
Shawn muttered his eyes slightly unfocused.

He nodded, taking off his glasses again now that the link was muted, and sighed, "I don't like it, either... But, I had an interesting bit of insight just now. It might be possible to create something that lets you have some measure of control over your senses; a way to mute the painful experiences and even pick vampires to pay close attention to. I would have to confer with Mr. Yager about the idea, though, since he is the one who knows how minds work - but there might be a way to help you rest undisturbed. You're linked to so many unlives, so many fragmented emotions and impressions, it's no wonder you're so strained..."

"If I could control what I see...then I could be more useful to you Sir...I would like that."
The young vampire said with a nod.
"And it would be nice...to be able to turn it of now and again, but for the most part I want to be useful. Us Thin Blooded are like the hard bits on the end of shoe laces. We see the entire Cainite line but have no control, it is just flashes, and it might as well be Rosa the Toreador deciding what movie to watch at the cinema as who are conspiring against the Prince of San Francisco..."
He explained.
"If I could direct these visions perhaps I could earn my keep better Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:05 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"Certainly there are more than one type of slavery and forced prisoner labor are often a rather cruel version of it, as it is the worst of both worlds, the lack of consent from chattel slavery with the lack of the owner having to make an investment from just hieing cheap labor. One could also call the American system where an employer often have control of a employee's health insurance as a form of slavery as the employee can not freely leave and not risk their lives. For profit prisons seam to be a thing that can do nothing but invite for a corrupt system."
Crexia agreed.
"None of these are good arguments why I should nto be allowed to make an captured enemy my slave or someone might sell themselves to get out of money problems."
She declared.
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, true, I suppose, the arguments are against the various chattel-type forms of slavery, rather than the forms where war prisoners can exchange their freedom for their lives, or someone can get themselves out of bottomless debt... But, the Law of Shade being what it is, there's little we can outright do to change the current situation in the sleeper world."

Anja wrote:"That is a fair point Mr Wainwright and as this is his Chantry he get to decide that an eternity of torture is better than servitude for his prisoners."
The lich lady said without a hint of emotion.
He nodded, "And with his particular dedication to his stance, I find it wisest not to tickle the sleeping dragon, as it were - I prefer to keep my hair unsinged as much as possible."

Anja wrote:""A mage's words carry great power Mr Wainwright, at times also enough to make a God listen therefore we need to be careful with how we use those words. And yes the Gods have gotten less influence over the material world as their worshipers have dwindled. I suspect they might be tulpas, man made personifications of concepts created from belief and therefore they also need belief to bolster their power, only a theory off course but it would fit with my knowledge of how the universe works. Perhaps the best way ti kill a God is to make them irrelevant."
He nodded thoughtfully, "That could probably work, though rendering irrelevant the God whose believers count about half of the planet's population is probably going to be a bit of an unreasonable task."

Anja wrote:"You will save many Sir, and some of those will save you and those you love in turn. But you will also hurt some of the innocent. I hear their screams around you and doing so will haunt you."
Shawn muttered his eyes slightly unfocused.
He sighed and smiled thinly, "The story of my life, son... the story of my life..."

Anja wrote:"If I could control what I see...then I could be more useful to you Sir...I would like that."
The young vampire said with a nod.
"And it would be nice...to be able to turn it of now and again, but for the most part I want to be useful. Us Thin Blooded are like the hard bits on the end of shoe laces. We see the entire Cainite line but have no control, it is just flashes, and it might as well be Rosa the Toreador deciding what movie to watch at the cinema as who are conspiring against the Prince of San Francisco..."
He explained.
"If I could direct these visions perhaps I could earn my keep better Sir."
He shrugged, "The first priority, for now, is not that you should be useful or profitable, but that you should be well... If you're not able to put the foot down for yourself when you have to, you'll never feel better. But I will see what I can do - I can make no guarantees, but I think there just might be something, even if it can't be permanent."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:12 pm

[Hallway]

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, true, I suppose, the arguments are against the various chattel-type forms of slavery, rather than the forms where war prisoners can exchange their freedom for their lives, or someone can get themselves out of bottomless debt... But, the Law of Shade being what it is, there's little we can outright do to change the current situation in the sleeper world."

"Oh there are quite a bit we can do...subtly to better the lives of the sleepers."
Crexia said firmly.
"In fact you can say this is the core of what the Ascension War is about finding a way to out wit the other Factions to indeed better the lives of the sleepers."

He nodded, "And with his particular dedication to his stance, I find it wisest not to tickle the sleeping dragon, as it were - I prefer to keep my hair unsinged as much as possible."

"That might indeed be wise Mr Wainwright."
The lich said and she raised an eyebrow.

He nodded thoughtfully, "That could probably work, though rendering irrelevant the God whose believers count about half of the planet's population is probably going to be a bit of an unreasonable task."

"Well if one have and infinite lifespan one can implement infinite solutions to problems."
The archmage replied.

He sighed and smiled thinly, "The story of my life, son... the story of my life..."

Shawn nodded sadly at that.

He shrugged, "The first priority, for now, is not that you should be useful or profitable, but that you should be well... If you're not able to put the foot down for yourself when you have to, you'll never feel better. But I will see what I can do - I can make no guarantees, but I think there just might be something, even if it can't be permanent."

"Well the visions are part of me, they are part of what it means to be what I am and I had them before I was...sold to the Capo."
The young vampire said and he looked down and shivered.
"Having the visions can be unpleasant but since they are a part of me, I can heal with them...but having peace sometimes would be nice."
He said and he looked up at you for a moment before he looked down again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:24 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"Oh there are quite a bit we can do...subtly to better the lives of the sleepers."
Crexia said firmly.
"In fact you can say this is the core of what the Ascension War is about finding a way to out wit the other Factions to indeed better the lives of the sleepers."
Colin nodded, "Of course - there is little we can do directly. But I have a few plans that might help, at least locally, to better things... Well, no matter for now."

Anja wrote:"Well if one have and infinite lifespan one can implement infinite solutions to problems."
The archmage replied.
He frowned, "Well, now, that is a good point, and by the looks of it, not outside my eventual grasp... Well, one day at a time..."

Anja wrote:"Well the visions are part of me, they are part of what it means to be what I am and I had them before I was...sold to the Capo."
The young vampire said and he looked down and shivered.
"Having the visions can be unpleasant but since they are a part of me, I can heal with them...but having peace sometimes would be nice."
He said and he looked up at you for a moment before he looked down again.
He nodded, "The visions are part of you, true, but if we can find a way to numb the pain, to soften the blows, that would be a great help, would it not? But perhaps we can make a meditation chamber, in time, that blocks out all connections to the outside world..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:54 pm

[Hallway]

Colin nodded, "Of course - there is little we can do directly. But I have a few plans that might help, at least locally, to better things... Well, no matter for now."

"Locally is often where you have to start Mr Wainwright. But yes there are other more urgent matters to attend to for now."
Crexia replied with a nod.

He frowned, "Well, now, that is a good point, and by the looks of it, not outside my eventual grasp... Well, one day at a time..."

"Indeed so and who know what the future will bring, but for now let us focus on the tasks at hand my good man."
The lich replied.

He nodded, "The visions are part of you, true, but if we can find a way to numb the pain, to soften the blows, that would be a great help, would it not? But perhaps we can make a meditation chamber, in time, that blocks out all connections to the outside world..."

"Yes that would be a great help Mr Wainwright."
Shawn agreed with a nod.
"Somewhere to have silence if just for a little while."
He muttered and you could see he was rather tired again, yes sunrise was hours away but so much had happened and with this new shock to his already strained mind the boy needed rest.
"Listen kid, let Colin and Serge work on that and for now, if you get some sleep...I noticed you PSP I had that machine to years ago, I am sure I still have some games for it in a box in storage, I can check one my guard duty is done, if you get some rest."
Jon offered and Shawn looked from the Virtual Adept to you looking confused, he was not used to be asked about anything nor was he used to being offered a reward to cheer him up or to get him to comply."
"Yes Sir..."
He muttered still looking confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:51 pm

[Narim's Room]

"Yes...but if it is the boy's Avatar who is scared, who know what it's idea of what is close is, it might be very different from human perception."

"True enough, but some parameter changed for him to be affected now, as he wasn't before."

The Deacon glanced at the clock on the kitchen wall.
"We where at it for 17 minutes."
He replied.

"It felt like a lot longer than that..."

"So it was not the Caul outside Adley?"
Adjan asked.
"You got the working done? Master Sharaya is going to be fine now?"
He asked and he glanced at Narim who nodded.

"As the ritual concluded I heard a screaming sound, a spirit's cry of frustration. I believe that we thwarted what it was originally sent to do, but that doesn't mean that we should let our guard down. That enemy is wily and may be making backup plans. With regards to that, I thought that as he needs another component, we may try something to secure that better too if we can." He lifted up a few tomes: 'Practical Kabbalah; Kamea: seals and amulets[/i]; [u]Merkabah mysticism; Sefer Raziel "Very likely when I have the basic premise I will need help, perhaps the Lady will be available."

"His thoughts where...very ehm...Hermetic. He said a natural Caul is a manifestation of a Qlipothic Sphere on the Tree of Life as as such it is a part of existence that should not be, but he do not think it is something that will attack us, and that we should focus on taking down the Nephandi and Wallace Jace and when no one is ready to Fall it should leave on it's own."

"I see. It still does not sound like something we want around, but perhaps it will leave if we get rid of some of the Nephandi's influences..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:04 pm

[Narim's Room]

"True enough, but some parameter changed for him to be affected now, as he wasn't before."

"It could be because he entered into Boston, got closer to him."
Helena commented.

"It felt like a lot longer than that..."

"Yes it really did."
Your sister agreed and Narim nodded at that.

"As the ritual concluded I heard a screaming sound, a spirit's cry of frustration. I believe that we thwarted what it was originally sent to do, but that doesn't mean that we should let our guard down. That enemy is wily and may be making backup plans. With regards to that, I thought that as he needs another component, we may try something to secure that better too if we can." He lifted up a few tomes: 'Practical Kabbalah and Merkabah mysticism; Sefer Raziel "Very likely when I have the basic premise I will need help, perhaps the Lady will be available."

"I will still stay to watch over Master Sharaya if he allows, I agree we should not let our guard down."
Adjan said.
"Another working brother what did you have in mind?"
Helena asked.
"I saw Lady Crexia in the hallway earlier Adley."
Adjan replied.
"Can I ask what Merkabah is? I know a bit of Cabala ideology but I have not heard this word before."
Narim asked as he glanced at your book.

"I see. It still does not sound like something we want around, but perhaps it will leave if we get rid of some of the Nephandi's influences..."

"That seam to be what the Primus thinks will happen and no we do not want this thing around, but Master Steelhaven meant it would take allot of power to take it out, perhaps more than the entire Chantry can provide and there would be terrible losses so he felt it would be better to focus on Jace and his merry Nephandi since the Nightmare Carnival itself are not directly hostile."
Adjan replied with a nod.

(OOC: When I played through the text based Mage Steam game I sent my character right into the Nightmare Carnival. Buahahaha.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:31 pm

[Narim's room]

"I will still stay to watch over Master Sharaya if he allows, I agree we should not let our guard down."
Adjan said.

"Thank you my friend."

"Another working brother what did you have in mind?"
Helena asked.

"He has been denied on one thing he needs, but he still needs a host. Indirectly in my Seeking, this was apparent as he looked like what he did when he was alive. Therefore, there were two victims that were at risk. One has been safeguarded for part of it, but there is still another that we may need to imbue with higher protections than we currently have employed. So, as he is a created being it should be possible to employ an external seal so he may not be as easily affected by his creator. It is likely to be a challenge, but he will not be thinking the way we do to protect ourselves."

"I saw Lady Crexia in the hallway earlier Adley."
Adjan replied.

"Ah, so she is here."

"Can I ask what Merkabah is? I know a bit of Cabala ideology but I have not heard this word before."
Narim asked as he glanced at your book.

"It is has become a concept of sacred geometry, meaning light, spirit and body. It is the chariot. There are many interpretations of it, and the kabbalah, over the centuries."

That seam to be what the Primus thinks will happen and no we do not want this thing around, but Master Steelhaven meant it would take allot of power to take it out, perhaps more than the entire Chantry can provide and there would be terrible losses so he felt it would be better to focus on Jace and his merry Nephandi since the Nightmare Carnival itself are not directly hostile."

He nodded to that.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:50 pm

[Narim's room]

"Thank you my friend."

"It is my honor to be able to help."
Adjan replied.
"Even so thank you Mr Terach."
Marim said and Adjan smiled and gave a nod.
"We have to make sure our Deacons stay in good shape Master Sharaya."

"He has been denied on one thing he needs, but he still needs a host. Indirectly in my Seeking, this was apparent as he looked like what he did when he was alive. Therefore, there were two victims that were at risk. One has been safeguarded for part of it, but there is still another that we may need to imbue with higher protections than we currently have employed. So, as he is a created being it should be possible to employ an external seal so he may not be as easily affected by his creator. It is likely to be a challenge, but he will not be thinking the way we do to protect ourselves."

"Ah...first of all what happened to the poor created person's own Avatar and soul when Wallace Jace took them for his own?"
Your sister asked.
"You might be right that they need protection, but we have to make sure our methods do them no harm. You are thinking of a protection to keep their bodies from being inhabited by Jace then?"
The older Flambeau asked.

"Ah, so she is here."

"Yes she is I believe her aid was requested."
Adjan confirmed.

"It is has become a concept of sacred geometry, meaning light, spirit and body. It is the chariot. There are many interpretations of it, and the kabbalah, over the centuries."

"Ah I see so it is a symbol then and not it's own system?"
Narim asked.
"It was it's own system once Master Sharaya, a precursor to Cabala. Now most see it as just a symbol but it was it's own path, though Cabala adopted much of it's ideas, but not all and built on it."
Helena said and the Virtual Adept nodded.
"Ah I see..."

He nodded to that.

"Well then I should go and check on the wards and then see to our brother, if all is in order here?"
Helena asked as she headed for the door.
"Very well and thank you again for your help Miss Mar."
Narim said and your sister bowed.
"Any time Master Sharaya...I will see you soon."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:15 pm

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"Yes that would be a great help Mr Wainwright."
Shawn agreed with a nod.
"Somewhere to have silence if just for a little while."
He muttered and you could see he was rather tired again, yes sunrise was hours away but so much had happened and with this new shock to his already strained mind the boy needed rest.
"Listen kid, let Colin and Serge work on that and for now, if you get some sleep...I noticed you PSP I had that machine to years ago, I am sure I still have some games for it in a box in storage, I can check one my guard duty is done, if you get some rest."
Jon offered and Shawn looked from the Virtual Adept to you looking confused, he was not used to be asked about anything nor was he used to being offered a reward to cheer him up or to get him to comply."
"Yes Sir..."
He muttered still looking confused.
Colin smiled, "You're not here as property or labour, Shawn, you're here as family. This building is your home now, not your prison... Best get used to being treated like a human being, son. It's going to keep happening."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:08 am

[Hallway]

Colin smiled, "You're not here as property or labour, Shawn, you're here as family. This building is your home now, not your prison... Best get used to being treated like a human being, son. It's going to keep happening."

"I...I...thank you Sir."
Shawn muttered and he wiped at his eyes.
"Here...take this."
Jon said and he handed the kid a paper tissue, it helped a bit but as the vampire's tears was blood his cheeks was still stained. The Virtual Adept sigh then he fished out his phone and he pointed it at the floor and suddenly there was a water bottle there.
"Here kid, wash your face and then get some rest."
He said before handling the bottle and more paper tissue to Shawn.
"Thank you Sir..."
The vampire muttered his hands shaking as he took the water bottle, he still seamed a bit confused over being shown kindness.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:49 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"I know a Caul can not do me any harm Sir, I am already Fallen, but my soul is still scared...and I will pay the price in this life, after all I will be dragged to Horizon where I will be bound and thrown in a cell, perhaps they will use that horrible serum on me again...then there will be a trial. Best case scenario I get Branded. I looked it up, it is when you take basically a hot poker...not physically, though sometimes they do it to the body as well, to your Avatar and burn a mark into it...worst case scenario...they Gilgul me!"
Kyle said bitterly and he pushed the food around on the plate with his form not eating anything of it.
"I asked Master Tolle...my lawyer what my chances where, he said due to me having been in the Labyrinth and having helped Lisa Larson in order to keep her from killing my dad the case is not cut and dried, he estimate my chances to be between sixty and eighty percent, that still mean there are twenty to forty percent chance they will rip my soul out and destroy it along with my magick while I am still alive and I get to choose between death and perhaps turning into the kind of ghost that is causing trouble now Sir...or trying to survive as a hollow husk."
The boy looked down and started sobbing again.
"So no I am not very hungry...and my Avatar have every reason to be angry and scared."

"You have every right to feel how you're feeling right now. It was wrong of me to suggest otherwise. And I won't force you to eat if you don't want too. The vitamins will be enough." Serge said calmly, his heart aching on seeing his friend in increasing despair. "We can talk about something else. Something to take you mind off things."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 am

[Kyle's Room]

"You did nothing wrong Serge, you just want me to feel better."
Kyle said using your name, which he only did in private since he was an apprentice and you where a fully initiated mage.
"I just...do not know how to...not think about it."
He muttered then he nodded and took a sip from the glass of vitamin water.
"I mean since I was three my father have warned me every day about what the Traditions will do to me if they catch me. Even now I am not allowed to see my parents without someone else there as my Mentor fear my father will kill me to save me from such a fate...I know I have a good chance of getting away with my soul intact and..."
He sigh and shook his head.
"Yeah no...let us talk about something else. That is probably a good idea...ehm please tell me more about this new ward of yours Sir."
The boy requested.
"It sounds awesome and I think I can feel it there around the Chantry."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:29 am

[Narim's room]

"Ah...first of all what happened to the poor created person's own Avatar and soul when Wallace Jace took them for his own?"
Your sister asked.

"I don't know. Nor what happened to his mind. It may be that he has other ways to use him of course, but nothing he has in mind would likely be good."

"You might be right that they need protection, but we have to make sure our methods do them no harm. You are thinking of a protection to keep their bodies from being inhabited by Jace then?" The older Flambeau asked.

"Yes, a protection. I am not trying to harm him, but the opposite. I thought to see if it were viable before moving anywhere further, though...of course I am not sure how he may see such a thing either so that is another hurdle after seeing if my insight holds any water."

"Ah I see so it is a symbol then and not it's own system?"
Narim asked.
"It was it's own system once Master Sharaya, a precursor to Cabala. Now most see it as just a symbol but it was it's own path, though Cabala adopted much of it's ideas, but not all and built on it."
Helena said and the Virtual Adept nodded.
"Ah I see..."

He nodded.

"Well then I should go and check on the wards and then see to our brother, if all is in order here?"
Helena asked as she headed for the door.

"Of course, forgive me for keeping you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:57 am

[Narim's Room]

"I don't know. Nor what happened to his mind. It may be that he has other ways to use him of course, but nothing he has in mind would likely be good."

"I wonder if Wallace Jace have ever done one good deed in all of his decrepit existence."
Helena grumbled.
"But you are right brother, any plans he have for his creation can not be good."

"Yes, a protection. I am not trying to harm him, but the opposite. I thought to see if it were viable before moving anywhere further, though...of course I am not sure how he may see such a thing either so that is another hurdle after seeing if my insight holds any water."

"Well you can ask our Pater or one of the other older members of the Order for guidance on the working you are planning. If it is just for protection I can not imagine the kid will have much against it...if he believe you that it is for protection that is."
Your sister replied.
"We do have to keep him safe from being used by Jace though."

He nodded.

"That is interesting."
Narim replied.

"Of course, forgive me for keeping you."

"No need to apologize brother, well then gentlemen I will go attend to my duties."
Helena said she gave you a smile, Adjan a small bow and a deeper bow for Narim before she left the room.
"So now the next step is protecting the Void Engineer in the basement?"
Narim asked you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:07 am

[Hallway]
Anja wrote:"I...I...thank you Sir."
Shawn muttered and he wiped at his eyes.
"Here...take this."
Jon said and he handed the kid a paper tissue, it helped a bit but as the vampire's tears was blood his cheeks was still stained. The Virtual Adept sigh then he fished out his phone and he pointed it at the floor and suddenly there was a water bottle there.
"Here kid, wash your face and then get some rest."
He said before handling the bottle and more paper tissue to Shawn.
"Thank you Sir..."
The vampire muttered his hands shaking as he took the water bottle, he still seamed a bit confused over being shown kindness.
Colin smiled and leaned back, just sitting there as Shawn calmed down, answering questions and waiting for Crexia to return.

((OOC: This is actually a good time to pause the game a bit for me, so I can get to the D&D game today. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:34 am

[Hallway]

Shawn managed to calm down and with Jon's help he got himself cleaned up. Your Cabalmate also got the young vampire talked into having a rest and lay down on his bed. Once the energy of the shock he had gotten subsided Shawn quickly fell asleep. Jon gave you a look as he put the covers over Shawn again.
"Well then I should return to my guard duty Colin."
He said as he teleported the bloody bits of tissue paper away with a few taps on his phone.
"Poor kid."
He muttered.

Some times later Crexia returned, the lich gently knocked on the door and just gave you a nod to say the deed was done.
"Is this your young custos Mr Wainwright?"
She asked softly looking at the now sleeping Shawn.
"He is so very young..."

(OOC: Yes I am taking part in that game as well so I will be a bit slow responding today but as I only have a ten minutes to travel to get to the GM's place I do not have to go quite yet.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:26 pm

[Narim's Room]

"I wonder if Wallace Jace have ever done one good deed in all of his decrepit existence."
Helena grumbled.
"But you are right brother, any plans he have for his creation can not be good."

"Even if he had, it would not make a dent in all the harms he's committed. His heart would not balance against a feather, in the hall of truth."

Well you can ask our Pater or one of the other older members of the Order for guidance on the working you are planning. If it is just for protection I can not imagine the kid will have much against it...if he believe you that it is for protection that is."
Your sister replied.
"We do have to keep him safe from being used by Jace though."

"Yes. Ah, here. Let me give you both back the tass I did not use..." he said.

"So now the next step is protecting the Void Engineer in the basement?"
Narim asked you.

"Basement?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next