Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Adley Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:46 am

[Chapel]

"From What Mr Wainwright have said yes it seams that heavy use of the Serum drastically increase the chance that the person it is used on become a ghost after death, so yes that is a disturbing possibility." Jeffry wrote and he showed you and Colin the reply.
'Somewhat less likely, as I understand the risk to only really rise after extended use - when buildup is beginning to occur. Though I did have a conversation with the remnants of Jodelle Jerkins while I slept; the serum is only part of it, the combination with gilgul and execution seems to play a significant part in creating more powerful, wrathful ghosts such as the ones Jace brought with him.'

Adley rubbed the side of his head with a hand. "Damn."

Helena still looked confused for a moment then she seamed to get what you where asking as she wrote her code word on your tablet after asking for it and then scraping it out again once you had read it.

He nodded. "I know, paranoid. But considering what just happened...still, it feels like you, of course."

[Adley's Room]

Yes Sir it was pretty quick to do as the crochet hook had come loose so it only needed a little twisting to get loose from the handle and then I had a piece of wood of about the right shape so I only needed a little bit of sanding to smooth it out and then I only needed to glue it into the handle and apply some oil to the wood to preserve it and make it look shiny."

"It looks very nice indeed. Thank you."

"Mr ehm...Rush I think he is named was in the workshop while I was there and I asked Mr Darehill if I could go out there."
The young Akashic explained to make it clear she had not meant to do anything wrong.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just think it's a good idea to pair up where we can, okay? Especially after what just happened."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:51 am

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Oh..."
Anna muttered sounding disappointed.
"How do that work though? Reinforcing possibilities?"
Colin nodded, "Essentially, by reintroducing the possibility of other outcomes than the Fallen Mage desired, to some extent rewinding the probability erasure... It's a little easier to demonstrate than explain, perhaps - but I can show you. Later."

Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded and he wrote back.
"Likely your visions do not see everything, there are free after all. We will try to keep Anna safe through."
He nodded, "True, but seeing as it was a moment in the future, I suspect Anna would have told me if she'd been shot at or something during the strike. Still, miniscule changes happen, and the butterfly effect is a wiggly beast."

Anja wrote:The old war mage replied in neat script.
"You did mention that there had been an increase of ghosts from elderly magi put on the serum as well. The thing is a horrible, violent, traumatic death do increase the chance of a ghost as well, and you do not get much more traumatic than Gilgul."
S7trif3 wrote:Adley rubbed the side of his head with a hand. "Damn."
He nodded, "I'm given to understand there are several different types of ghosts, though, and I am inclined to believe the ones who died from natural causes, or seemingly natural causes, would be less powerful, less full of rage and grief, than the Specters we are facing."

Anja wrote:"Agreed but we are not going to keep the boy captive longer than necessary. I did plan to release him when the threat we are facing is over."
Jeffry replied.
"So we can not wait to long if we are going to introduce them to one another."
He nodded, "I'm sure we'll need a few hours to tie up loose ends, though - we might find it necessary to retain him for part of tomorrow, though perhaps in a... less restrained condition."

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"The Nephandi are not known for being kind."
The Verbena said with a frown.
"But I hope that Karloff is still alive, if he is alive then he can be nursed back to health. As for our Coven I can not imagine there is traitors among them."
She said then she pulled out her phone.
"I will call the girls though."
Millicent said and she proceeded to do so, she tried several times then she frowned.
"Neither of them are answering their phone..."
She said looking even more concerned now.
He nodded, "No-one wants to imagine they've been compromised... Of course, it's just as likely you've only been kept under surveillance from outside, and they only now found the timing suitable to strike."
He frowned, "Would your husband be liable to sacrifice himself to spare the others from suffering, though?"

Anja wrote:"Indeed our Life Tree might drink well tonight."
The Verbena said darkly.
"And I would welcome the help Mr Wainwright. Ah yes the little spider spirits I noticed them scurry around they are adorable, so they help maintain the Chantry? How practical."
She added with a weak smile though she mostly looked concerned.
"Even so I do apologize for damaging your walls...ehm why did the Nephandus explode by the way, they do not usually just explode."
He grimaced, "His Familiar decided that death was preferable to his captivity... so the foul bird returned all the little paradoxical gifts the Nephandus had bestowed upon it over some amount of time. Ironically, that made questioning easier."

((OOC: Off to tabletop Mage game soon. Gotta love a game system where it's perfectly encouraged to bring a 40-page supplement to the character sheet, so long as it's not an overly complex backstory. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:04 am

[Chapel]

Adley rubbed the side of his head with a hand. "Damn."

"I think I might have to contact Old Man Senex about this, his Tradition should know what might be going on."
Jeffry said with a deep frown.

He nodded. "I know, paranoid. But considering what just happened...still, it feels like you, of course."

"It is not paranoid brother, it is a reasonable precaution and I do not mind at all, my mind was elsewhere for a moment that is all I did not understand your meaning."
Helena replied.

[Adley's Room]

"It looks very nice indeed. Thank you."

"No problem Sir, I like making things and besides I wanted to thank you for saving our life. I am going to make a pencil case for Mr Yager to thank him but that will take a little longer."
Yu Die said with a smile.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just think it's a good idea to pair up where we can, okay? Especially after what just happened."

"Agreed Sir, I will do as you say. Anna should come down soon and when she leave for her mission I will ask Jane's Mentor if I can crash on the floor of the girl's room for the night. I would like to be out there fighting with you but I will never be allowed to."
The young Akashic said.
"Well then I will get out of your hair then Mr Roth Hicks and Adepta ehm...Mar right?"
Helena nodded.
"That is right and you are Miss Qen?"
Yu Die nodded then she waited to see if you had anything else to add before she waved to both of you and headed back towards the common room.

[Common Room]

"We'll also have to figure out how to handle that art student." Serge said as he felt the buzz of his phone notifications. "Wilda's not gonna appear if he's not there. So we can't exactly warn or deter him away. Disguising someone to look like him might be risky as well if she see's through it. So our best play might be too keep him oblivious until she appears. But once she appears and we trap her, he's gonna be a little more than freaked out about the several people that randomly appeared in his room. We'll need some way of ensuring of putting him out of commi...."

"We are going to have to make sure this art student is protected. I do not like using him for bait but we have no choice. I will make sure nothing happens to him though. I can certainly send him to sleep, it is a simple spell but any more manipulation of his mind than that I am not willing to do unless it become completely unavoidable, it is better he is a little freaked out than to be violated in such a way."
Ange replied.
"But sending him to sleep should be enough to make sure he do not see anything."

Serge cut himself off as he finally opened his phone and read the text. "Looks like Master Telar's here. Is it all right if I quickly go and handle her issue?"

"Certainly. I will talk with my brother in the meantime and also see what I can find out about the area I saw the attack take place in so we will have an idea of what we are walking into. I will see you later dear one...oh and may I borrow paper and a pencil, I may not have your talent but I can at least get down some details of the area onto paper."
Your Mentor replied knowing you always had drawing supplies on your person.

[Boston]

'Wait... thought they only did that to like create bedding...' giving a frown.

"Well yeah it can be used for that as well, but it do taste really good."
The little werrat commented happily.

While driving, Nicole called the woman...

There was a few rings and then the voice of the woman who had bought you a car could be heard.
"Yes Miss Bouchard what can I do for you."
She clearly had your number logged on her phone. In the background you heard a girl giggling and then a sigh from the spider.
"No Paula...bad Paula do not eat...that!"
You heard the sound of something definitively not food crunching, furniture perhaps.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:21 am

[Chapel]

Colin nodded, "Essentially, by reintroducing the possibility of other outcomes than the Fallen Mage desired, to some extent rewinding the probability erasure... It's a little easier to demonstrate than explain, perhaps - but I can show you. Later."

"Oh that is brilliant...yeah that would be hard for me to do since I use Qlipothic magick, you can try to use it on one of my spells later dad, that is a interesting way to work."
Anna said happily.

He nodded, "True, but seeing as it was a moment in the future, I suspect Anna would have told me if she'd been shot at or something during the strike. Still, miniscule changes happen, and the butterfly effect is a wiggly beast."

"She would have but our enemies might have changed their tactics this time around."
Jeffry said simply.

He nodded, "I'm given to understand there are several different types of ghosts, though, and I am inclined to believe the ones who died from natural causes, or seemingly natural causes, would be less powerful, less full of rage and grief, than the Specters we are facing."

"Can I chime in on that?"
Fran asked she was done with her meal and was putting her hair back up, assuming off course the last few exchanges was spoken and not written.
"Certainly Miss Mundis please."
Jeffry said and Fran nodded.
"Well a ghost is a ghost, all ghosts can become Specters who are the more dangerous ones that seek Oblivion, but the more anger and despair a ghost have the grater the chance they will become such a being and the more traumatic the death the bigger the chances as well."

He nodded, "I'm sure we'll need a few hours to tie up loose ends, though - we might find it necessary to retain him for part of tomorrow, though perhaps in a... less restrained condition."

"Perhaps, for now he is kept safe but I do not like to keep him restrained like this for long."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"We will see. He is a Technocrat and the clone of our enemy after all some security measures are necessary."

[Infirmary]

He nodded, "No-one wants to imagine they've been compromised... Of course, it's just as likely you've only been kept under surveillance from outside, and they only now found the timing suitable to strike."

"Until I see proof of the opposite I will continue to have faith in my Coven Mr Wainwright."
Millicent replied firmly.

He frowned, "Would your husband be liable to sacrifice himself to spare the others from suffering, though?"

"He would sacrifice his life to protect others, especially those who are weaker than him. He would not be willing to sacrifice his Avatar to a Caul though, our souls are not ours to do with as we please we are their guardians not their owners."
The Verbena said proudly.

He grimaced, "His Familiar decided that death was preferable to his captivity... so the foul bird returned all the little paradoxical gifts the Nephandus had bestowed upon it over some amount of time. Ironically, that made questioning easier."

"Smart familliar...hum questioning? You have a skilled Necromancer then? I am glad you got something out of the Nephandus anyway?"
The blood witch replied.

(OOC: World of Darkness have always encouraged a complex backstory for the character but usually it is not written on the sheet itself. But yes I will also be out GMing for most of the day so I will be slow responding today. Be careful outside in this weather Warp arrive safely.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:38 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Erm...' Nicole replied, clearly thrown a little about this "Paula". 'Well, I'm calling about the news that some of your kinfolk have also gone missing. Is this true?'

[Nicole's currently sitting at 6.2k words - about 13 A4 pages of text and 25 of sheets. 1.9k is MtA-specific, and I keep all my old sheets as a matter of policy. But character's files always get thicker with time; can't be helped. The key is to have it as well-ordered and concise as possible.]

[We just had break in the weather, ran to the shops before they shut. Watching my cat 'telling off' the wind while he was trying to crap was funny, mind. Local damage not bad; though some sheds and trees took a hit. UK as a whole seems okay-ish, which is rather impressive as it's the worst windstorm since Daria in '90, perhaps since the Great Storm of '87. However, it has to be borne in mind it hit on a Sunday and we got four days warning.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:39 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"We are going to have to make sure this art student is protected. I do not like using him for bait but we have no choice. I will make sure nothing happens to him though. I can certainly send him to sleep, it is a simple spell but any more manipulation of his mind than that I am not willing to do unless it become completely unavoidable, it is better he is a little freaked out than to be violated in such a way."
Ange replied.
"But sending him to sleep should be enough to make sure he do not see anything."

"Aren't you also making the umbra travel ward as well? Doing both may be risky." he said warily, "Both of those things need to happen simultaneously. If the art student is put to sleep before the ward is sprung, that gives Wilda a small window to realize that something is wrong and escape. If the ward is placed before the student is put to sleep, he may end up seeing more than we want him too. It may be better if I put him to sleep and you focus on the umbral ward. That way the two things can sync up better."

Anja wrote:"Certainly. I will talk with my brother in the meantime and also see what I can find out about the area I saw the attack take place in so we will have an idea of what we are walking into. I will see you later dear one...oh and may I borrow paper and a pencil, I may not have your talent but I can at least get down some details of the area onto paper."
Your Mentor replied knowing you always had drawing supplies on your person.

"Sure thing." Serge said handing his mentor the pen he was absentmindedly spinning between his fingers. He then pulled out a notepad from his pocket and ripped out a few pages, handing them to his mentor as well. "See ya later Ange. I look forward to judging your art skills." he said with a smirk as he began to walk towards the basement typing a reply on his phone.

"I have time now. Where are you currently?" he sent back, hoping with all his heart that she was in the basement.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:09 pm

[Chapel]

"Can I chime in on that?"
Fran asked she was done with her meal and was putting her hair back up, assuming off course the last few exchanges was spoken and not written.
"Well a ghost is a ghost, all ghosts can become Specters who are the more dangerous ones that seek Oblivion, but the more anger and despair a ghost have the grater the chance they will become such a being and the more traumatic the death the bigger the chances as well."

"Any suggestions about dealing with a bunch of really, really angry Spectres?"

"It is not paranoid brother, it is a reasonable precaution and I do not mind at all, my mind was elsewhere for a moment that is all I did not understand your meaning."
Helena replied.

He nodded and put the tablet away. "Well, let's go."

[Adley's Room]

"No problem Sir, I like making things and besides I wanted to thank you for saving our life. I am going to make a pencil case for Mr Yager to thank him but that will take a little longer."

"I'm sure he will appreciate it." He adjusted his bag strap.

Agreed Sir, I will do as you say. Anna should come down soon and when she leave for her mission I will ask Jane's Mentor if I can crash on the floor of the girl's room for the night. I would like to be out there fighting with you but I will never be allowed to."
The young Akashic said.
"Well then I will get out of your hair then Mr Roth Hicks and Adepta ehm...Mar right?"
Helena nodded.
"That is right and you are Miss Qen?"
Yu Die nodded then she waited to see if you had anything else to add before she waved to both of you and headed back towards the common room.

"Certainly. Good evening." He turned towards his room to let them both inside.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:32 pm

[Boston]

Erm...' Nicole replied, clearly thrown a little about this "Paula". 'Well, I'm calling about the news that some of your kinfolk have also gone missing. Is this true?'

"Yes two of my kind's kinfolk are missing. I just spoke to my Brood Mother about it and she suspect it can be related to what have been happening with the rats."
Alessa said.

[Common Room]

"Aren't you also making the umbra travel ward as well? Doing both may be risky." he said warily, "Both of those things need to happen simultaneously. If the art student is put to sleep before the ward is sprung, that gives Wilda a small window to realize that something is wrong and escape. If the ward is placed before the student is put to sleep, he may end up seeing more than we want him too. It may be better if I put him to sleep and you focus on the umbral ward. That way the two things can sync up better."

"Very well, I can handle the ward and you can put the art student to sleep."
Your Mentor agreed.
"That might be a more effective way to go about it."

"Sure thing." Serge said handing his mentor the pen he was absentmindedly spinning between his fingers. He then pulled out a notepad from his pocket and ripped out a few pages, handing them to his mentor as well. "See ya later Ange. I look forward to judging your art skills." he said with a smirk as he began to walk towards the basement typing a reply on his phone.

"Well I hope you don't judge them to harshly kid."
Ange said with a smile as she accepted the art supplies.
"Thank you."
She added as your uncle said.
"See you later kid."

"I have time now. Where are you currently?" he sent back, hoping with all his heart that she was in the basement.

"I am in the basement, near the ritual rooms, where are you Mr Yager."
Was the reply you got back from Cita.

[Chapel]

"Any suggestions about dealing with a bunch of really, really angry Spectres?"

"As apposed to the happy, joyful Specters you usually find?"
Fran quipped.
"The most effective way to deal with a ghost is to mess with their Fetters, beyond that though, you can try to banish them back to the Shadowlands or bind them."

He nodded and put the tablet away. "Well, let's go."

Helena nodded and she went with you towards your room.

[Adley's Room]

"I'm sure he will appreciate it." He adjusted his bag strap.

"I hope so Sir."

"Certainly. Good evening." He turned towards his room to let them both inside.

The first thing you saw when you entered your apartment was that on the living room table there stood a figurine candle of a red angle, you saw no sign of intrusion and the candle felt familiar even if you had never seen it before, it felt to you like an invitation. Your sister did not seam to notice the candle.
"Ok then I will pop into the bathroom and do my rituals."
She informed you and headed in that direction.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:01 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Very well, I can handle the ward and you can put the art student to sleep."
Your Mentor agreed.
"That might be a more effective way to go about it."

"People being focused on one doing thing is better than one person splitting their focus on multiple things. Less chance of failure and if one person does mess up it's only one aspect of the plan that gets screwed up. Uncle Ryan can also help us sync up our magick so we both act at the best and same time." he said with a nod. It was clear that Serge had put a large amount of thought into this particular mission, as if feeling more personally attached to it.

Anja wrote:"I am in the basement, near the ritual rooms, where are you Mr Yager."
Was the reply you got back from Cita.

"I'm heading there now." he texted back as he trudged down the stairs into the basement.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:18 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Any theories why?' Nicole said down the phone; continuing to drive towards their destination.

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:27 am

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Oh that is brilliant...yeah that would be hard for me to do since I use Qlipothic magick, you can try to use it on one of my spells later dad, that is a interesting way to work."
Anna said happily.
Colin smiled, "I'm sure we can have some fun testing that."

Anja wrote:"She would have but our enemies might have changed their tactics this time around."
Jeffry said simply.
He nodded.

Anja wrote:"Can I chime in on that?"
S7trif3 wrote:"Any suggestions about dealing with a bunch of really, really angry Spectres?"
Anja wrote:"As apposed to the happy, joyful Specters you usually find?"
Fran quipped.
"The most effective way to deal with a ghost is to mess with their Fetters, beyond that though, you can try to banish them back to the Shadowlands or bind them."
He nodded, "Excepting the two... individuals behind the island incident, finding Fetters is not going to be a significant problem. Well, for the ones whose identity I know, that is - Kallan finally let up the identities of some of the ghosts in question."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps, for now he is kept safe but I do not like to keep him restrained like this for long."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"We will see. He is a Technocrat and the clone of our enemy after all some security measures are necessary."
He nodded, "Of course. If we manage to persuade him to defect, that's another matter entirely."

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"He would sacrifice his life to protect others, especially those who are weaker than him. He would not be willing to sacrifice his Avatar to a Caul though, our souls are not ours to do with as we please we are their guardians not their owners."
The Verbena said proudly.
He nodded, "Good man, then... Let us hope neither he nor the others are forced to endure much pain until they can be released, though."

Anja wrote:"Smart familliar...hum questioning? You have a skilled Necromancer then? I am glad you got something out of the Nephandus anyway?"
The blood witch replied.
He nodded, "Highly skilled, as such. Possibly none better, in fact. But that's a discussion for another time. Well, thank you for your time, I must resume my preparations and then question the prisoner."
He gave her a quick bow, "Good evening, then, and good luck to us all."

He then headed down to Darrian's apartment and knocked softly on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:39 am

[Chapel]

"As apposed to the happy, joyful Specters you usually find?" Fran quipped. "The most effective way to deal with a ghost is to mess with their Fetters, beyond that though, you can try to banish them back to the Shadowlands or bind them."

"I'd still say these might count as extra angry..."

He nodded, "Excepting the two... individuals behind the island incident, finding Fetters is not going to be a significant problem. Well, for the ones whose identity I know, that is - Kallan finally let up the identities of some of the ghosts in question."

He raised an eyebrow and then nodded.

[Adley's room]

The first thing you saw when you entered your apartment was that on the living room table there stood a figurine candle of a red angle, you saw no sign of intrusion and the candle felt familiar even if you had never seen it before, it felt to you like an invitation. Your sister did not seam to notice the candle. "Ok then I will pop into the bathroom and do my rituals." She informed you and headed in that direction.

He eyed the table, then the candle. As Helena spoke, he nodded in an absent way to her. When she disappeared into the bathroom, he put his stuff down on the couch nearby. With a questioning feeling, he thought probably, as it was a candle, perhaps lighting it was the right thing to do.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:31 am

[Chapel]

"I'd still say these might count as extra angry..."

"Ah...extra angry.."
Fran said with a grin.

Colin smiled, "I'm sure we can have some fun testing that."

Anna grinned at that.
"Yeah it will be fun dad."

"So you have shards from some of the Specters Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry wrote and he showed Colin the note.
"Well done getting Kallan to tell us more."
He added.

He nodded, "Of course. If we manage to persuade him to defect, that's another matter entirely."

"That will be another matter entirely Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry agreed.

[Adley's room]

He eyed the table, then the candle. As Helena spoke, he nodded in an absent way to her. When she disappeared into the bathroom, he put his stuff down on the couch nearby. With a questioning feeling, he thought probably, as it was a candle, perhaps lighting it was the right thing to do.

You where pretty sure you where supposed to light the candle, it was a figure of a fire angle after all. You heard your sister begin her ritual in the bathroom, you knew her working by heart having been taught the same rituals.

[Infirmary]

He nodded, "Good man, then... Let us hope neither he nor the others are forced to endure much pain until they can be released, though."

"He is indeed a good man, and yes let us hope we can save everyone."
The Verbena said but she did seam a bit doubtful.

He nodded, "Highly skilled, as such. Possibly none better, in fact. But that's a discussion for another time. Well, thank you for your time, I must resume my preparations and then question the prisoner."
He gave her a quick bow, "Good evening, then, and good luck to us all."

"Interesting....yes good evening Mr Wainwright and thank you."
Millicent said as Richard came over to see how her hand was doing.

He then headed down to Darrian's apartment and knocked softly on the door.

The Alchemist came out to open the door, you smelled herbs and chemicals in his apartment and you think he was cooking something up.
"Mr Wainwright, what can I do for you?"
He asked.

[Boston]

Any theories why?' Nicole said down the phone; continuing to drive towards their destination.

"A few but nothing above theories and speculations."
The werspider replied.
"One is because my kind are well connected we spin a web and our kinfolk share in that, the other is to get access to us in some way or perhaps they can find something in the blood of our kin."

[Common Room]

"People being focused on one doing thing is better than one person splitting their focus on multiple things. Less chance of failure and if one person does mess up it's only one aspect of the plan that gets screwed up. Uncle Ryan can also help us sync up our magick so we both act at the best and same time." he said with a nod. It was clear that Serge had put a large amount of thought into this particular mission, as if feeling more personally attached to it.

"That is fair enough loved one."
Your Mentor said and she smiled a little at your enthusiasm.
"Me and my brother will continue to discuss this matter then and come up with a solid plan."

[Basement]

"I'm heading there now." he texted back as he trudged down the stairs into the basement.

You got down to the magickal section of the basement where Cita met you she seamed to come right from a mission as she was armed.
"Hello Mr Yager."
She said as she tapped something on her phone and her weapon vanished into, well into the phone.
"Thank you for meeting me and helping me fulfill my promise."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:39 am

You where pretty sure you where supposed to light the candle, it was a figure of a fire angle after all. You heard your sister begin her ritual in the bathroom, you knew her working by heart having been taught the same rituals.

He knelt down and then lit the candle, staying seated in front of it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:42 am

[Chapel]
S7trif3 wrote:"I'd still say these might count as extra angry..."
Anja wrote:"Ah...extra angry.."
Fran said with a grin.
Colin frowned, "Justifiably so, even..."

S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow and then nodded.
Anja wrote:"So you have shards from some of the Specters Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry wrote and he showed Colin the note.
"Well done getting Kallan to tell us more."
He added.
He nodded, took out his own notebook, and quickly jotted down, 'Lisa Larson, Jodelle Jerkins, Abigail, Xavier Farvalley, Wallace Jace, these are the ones I know I have a piece of. Then there are the two who were sentenced for the Avatar Island case in the eighties, which I do not have, I believe. Oh, and Carlos Nilvan and Catherine Dalvar, also unknown to me. Almost forgot those two.'

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:The Alchemist came out to open the door, you smelled herbs and chemicals in his apartment and you think he was cooking something up.
"Mr Wainwright, what can I do for you?"
He asked.
He gave Darrian a quick, respectful bow, "Sir, I need some quick instruction in Alchemy... and we need to talk, in a bit of privacy. May I temporarily ward the room against eavesdropping?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:33 am

[Adley's Room]

He knelt down and then lit the candle, staying seated in front of it.

You lit the candle and the sound of your sister's chanting faded slowly. Helena had never gotten the hang of vibrating words so her chanting sounded more like sung...the song that came from reflecting sound of a sheet of ice you thought for a moment, then you where somewhere else, a wast hall made of marble, beautiful and simple with colums holding the roof up, before you stood the fire angel in all of her glory, sword at the side, fire wings spread out. For a while the mighty being just stood there regarding you then finally she spoke.
"I have things to teach you my host."
She said, her voice like the crackling of a furnace hot and ready to forge a blade.
"But you must choose, you can go with your friends now for the battle ahead, or you can stay with me and learn, if you go then light my candle when you are ready."
Once her message was delivered the angle stood there looking at you waiting for your response she gave you a warm smile and you saw in her perfect form both the faces on Ernje and Dylan and other you did not yet know.

[Chapel]

Colin frowned, "Justifiably so, even..."

"I know I would be pissed if I had been...well you know that."
Fran muttered with a shudder.
"Unbelievably pissed indeed."

He nodded, took out his own notebook, and quickly jotted down, 'Lisa Larson, Jodelle Jerkins, Abigail, Xavier Farvalley, Wallace Jace, these are the ones I know I have a piece of. Then there are the two who were sentenced for the Avatar Island case in the eighties, which I do not have, I believe. Oh, and Carlos Nilvan and Catherine Dalvar, also unknown to me. Almost forgot those two.'

"I see, well that we have arcane connections to some of them is good."
Jeffry wrote then he added under.
"I remember the cases. Charlos Nilvar very much deserved his fate, he paid a vampire to have a Massassa turn a rival at his Chantry so he himself to rise to the rank of Deacon. Cathrine Dalvar though...she was sentenced for working with the Nephandi but all it have been proved that she did was rescue several widderslainte children who she then handed to an Eastern Craft who care little for such things so they could raise the children where the Traditions could not reach them...foolish perhaps but I am not so sure I think the woman deserve what happened to her, there where massive protests to her sentence at the time."
The old Hermetic handed you his well used notebook once he was done writing.

[Alchemist's Abode]

He gave Darrian a quick, respectful bow, "Sir, I need some quick instruction in Alchemy... and we need to talk, in a bit of privacy. May I temporarily ward the room against eavesdropping?"

"Feel free, do you mind me working while we talk?"
Darrian said as he let you into his apartment, it looked like where a small child lived, there was toys on the floor, and a child's drawings on the fridge, but otherwise it was a neat and tidy home with old photos on the wall along with posters showing herbs and plants from all over the world. The kitchen was currently occupied by an impressive chemistry set though and two of the bottles had something cooking as well as something on the stove. Mundi's cot was by Darrian's chair in the living room and his bowls on the floor in the kitchen, a painting of him hung on one of the walls but the dog himself was not there at the moment.
"Ah yes would you like a cup of tea while we talk Mr Wainwright?"
The Alchemist asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:31 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"I see, well that we have arcane connections to some of them is good."
Jeffry wrote then he added under.
"I remember the cases. Charlos Nilvar very much deserved his fate, he paid a vampire to have a Massassa turn a rival at his Chantry so he himself to rise to the rank of Deacon. Cathrine Dalvar though...she was sentenced for working with the Nephandi but all it have been proved that she did was rescue several widderslainte children who she then handed to an Eastern Craft who care little for such things so they could raise the children where the Traditions could not reach them...foolish perhaps but I am not so sure I think the woman deserve what happened to her, there where massive protests to her sentence at the time."
The old Hermetic handed you his well used notebook once he was done writing.
Colin frowned, "Do you remember when those two trials were?"

[Alchemist's Abode]
Anja wrote:"Feel free, do you mind me working while we talk?"
Darrian said as he let you into his apartment, it looked like where a small child lived, there was toys on the floor, and a child's drawings on the fridge, but otherwise it was a neat and tidy home with old photos on the wall along with posters showing herbs and plants from all over the world. The kitchen was currently occupied by an impressive chemistry set though and two of the bottles had something cooking as well as something on the stove. Mundi's cot was by Darrian's chair in the living room and his bowls on the floor in the kitchen, a painting of him hung on one of the walls but the dog himself was not there at the moment.
"Ah yes would you like a cup of tea while we talk Mr Wainwright?"
The Alchemist asked.
He nodded, "By all means, the Work is important. Where is Cava, by the way? Off to bed?"
He looked around and pulled out his wand, meticulously tapping the walls of the room while waving the wand in an erratic manner, "Alright, I think there should be no intelligible sound escaping for a little while, at least, and scrying should be nigh-impossible, too..."

He smiled, "Oh, and a cup of tea would be delicious after that vaccine... Now, the first reason I came calling on you is that the Exemplar who holds the Labyrinth is a Solificati, one who escaped the Verbena's blood hunt back in the day. I'm going to have to engage in a discussion about Alchemy with him, so I might need a quick refresher to know what I am talking about while... things are being set up."

((OOC: Arete rolls for the augmented Scrambler (now with extra Forces 2 to mess with sound): 3,9,0 - 5,5,9 - 2,3,8. That ought to lock down the living room thoroughly for the next half an hour or so...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm

[Chapel]

Colin frowned, "Do you remember when those two trials were?"

"Let me think I believe Adeptus Nilvar was sentenced in 1991 and Miss Delavar I believe was in the 70's but I do not remember the exact date."
Jeffry wrote back to you and gave you his notebook to read the reply.

[Alchemist's Abode]

He nodded, "By all means, the Work is important. Where is Cava, by the way? Off to bed?"

"Ah yes well this is less for my spiritual development though and more for practical reasons I am still stocking up on things we will need for taking down that Labyrinth."
Darrian said then he nodded.
"Indeed, I have no room for a chamber for Cava and it would not be proper for a young girl to have a bed in the bedroom of an adult male, so she sleeps in little Jane's room for now until I either manage to trade in for one of the apartments that have a spare room or we can arrange for Jane and Cava to have one apartment together when they get a little older."
He explained.

He looked around and pulled out his wand, meticulously tapping the walls of the room while waving the wand in an erratic manner, "Alright, I think there should be no intelligible sound escaping for a little while, at least, and scrying should be nigh-impossible, too..."

"That is a most interesting ward Mr Wainwright is it the scrambler I have heard so much about?"
The Alchemist asked when you had put your ward up.

He smiled, "Oh, and a cup of tea would be delicious after that vaccine...

"I am sorry for the taste, there was no helping that I fear my good man."
Darrian said.
"The potion should be effective though."

Now, the first reason I came calling on you is that the Exemplar who holds the Labyrinth is a Solificati, one who escaped the Verbena's blood hunt back in the day. I'm going to have to engage in a discussion about Alchemy with him, so I might need a quick refresher to know what I am talking about while... things are being set up."

"Yes there are records of one of us becoming an exemplar for the power to protect the rest of the group, he is one of the reasons why any of my Tradition survived, my advice do not piss off the Verbena they can be rather...vindictive if they feel wronged."
Darrian said as he put on the tea kettle and then checked on his various processes.
"Certainly, do you have any prior knowledge of the Alchemical arts or are we going to start from the beginning?"
He asked.

(OOC: That should do it yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:35 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Let me think I believe Adeptus Nilvar was sentenced in 1991 and Miss Delavar I believe was in the 70's but I do not remember the exact date."
Jeffry wrote back to you and gave you his notebook to read the reply.
Colin sighed, "So, I do not have those, then."

[Alchemist's Abode]
Anja wrote:"Ah yes well this is less for my spiritual development though and more for practical reasons I am still stocking up on things we will need for taking down that Labyrinth."
Darrian said then he nodded.
"Indeed, I have no room for a chamber for Cava and it would not be proper for a young girl to have a bed in the bedroom of an adult male, so she sleeps in little Jane's room for now until I either manage to trade in for one of the apartments that have a spare room or we can arrange for Jane and Cava to have one apartment together when they get a little older."
He explained.
He smiled, "Well, practicality combined with repetition and practice can't be detrimental to your development, can it? And... that's good; one of the things I wanted to say concerns her, but she shouldn't hear it just yet."

Anja wrote:"That is a most interesting ward Mr Wainwright is it the scrambler I have heard so much about?"
The Alchemist asked when you had put your ward up.
He nodded, "Ah, unless you have a wi-fi router in the apartment, and wi-fi calling enabled on your phone, you'll get little to no signal for a bit, I'm sorry about that... A slightly impractical side effect of security, I'm afraid."

Anja wrote:"I am sorry for the taste, there was no helping that I fear my good man."
Darrian said.
"The potion should be effective though."
He smiled wryly, "If it's not, I will make sure to return to voice my displeasure after I regain consciousness."

Anja wrote:"Yes there are records of one of us becoming an exemplar for the power to protect the rest of the group, he is one of the reasons why any of my Tradition survived, my advice do not piss off the Verbena they can be rather...vindictive if they feel wronged."
Darrian said as he put on the tea kettle and then checked on his various processes.
"Certainly, do you have any prior knowledge of the Alchemical arts or are we going to start from the beginning?"
He asked.
He nodded, "The man is a Master of Forces, it seems; I suspect he'll be taking up, er, residence just off Horizon not long after this trouble is sorted out. And I know, I'm getting cut up in a duel soon, justifiably so, but still unpleasant..."
He paused, "I have... some fragmented knowledge of the Alchemical arts, but, hm, mainly memories of the final products of experiments, you could say. There is another I will take lessons from, in time, but that would take some soul-searching I don't quite have the time for right now. So let us begin with the basics, if you please..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:16 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:You got down to the magickal section of the basement where Cita met you she seamed to come right from a mission as she was armed.
"Hello Mr Yager."
She said as she tapped something on her phone and her weapon vanished into, well into the phone.
"Thank you for meeting me and helping me fulfill my promise."

"No problem. Always happy to help." Serge said glancing around the room, obviously searching for the vampire.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm

[Chapel]

Colin sighed, "So, I do not have those, then."

"No it is n ot likely that you do Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied.

[Alchemist's Abode]

He smiled, "Well, practicality combined with repetition and practice can't be detrimental to your development, can it? And... that's good; one of the things I wanted to say concerns her, but she shouldn't hear it just yet."

"Detrimental, well certinly not, but it is not the Great Work, which is when I work for my own refinement."
Darrian replied then he looked concerned.
"Nothing else that would put her in danger is it?"
He said with a frown.

He nodded, "Ah, unless you have a wi-fi router in the apartment, and wi-fi calling enabled on your phone, you'll get little to no signal for a bit, I'm sorry about that... A slightly impractical side effect of security, I'm afraid."

"I do not but I am sure that if someone need me urgently they can come and knock on my door."
The Solificato replied.

He smiled wryly, "If it's not, I will make sure to return to voice my displeasure after I regain consciousness."

"You do that."
Darrian said with a slight chuckle.
"But it will work I am sure of it."

He nodded, "The man is a Master of Forces, it seems; I suspect he'll be taking up, er, residence just off Horizon not long after this trouble is sorted out. And I know, I'm getting cut up in a duel soon, justifiably so, but still unpleasant..."

"How do you know you are getting...oh the future visions you have...and this Exemplar is far more than a Master I believe, to become such a being allow you to reach the same understanding in a single area of reality as the Oracles they say."
The alchemist said as he filled two cups with hot water and added tea infusers with a herbal blend.
"Herbal tea okey Mr Wainwright?"
He asked as he put one of the cups before you, it had a picture of a happy dog on the front of it.

He paused, "I have... some fragmented knowledge of the Alchemical arts, but, hm, mainly memories of the final products of experiments, you could say. There is another I will take lessons from, in time, but that would take some soul-searching I don't quite have the time for right now. So let us begin with the basics, if you please..."

"Hum from the beginning, well alchemy uness what most think is a spiritual art and not just practical, many see the practical things done with the art, the potions and changing of substances but they do not realize that just like with for example a Verbena's mystery play, the actions done in the physical is symbolic act to enable the same processes within though the principles found in the Corpus Hermeticum, as above so below and as below so above so when I refine a substance, make it into something more and purer than the sum of it's parts, I also do the same to my inner self and I take one more step towards perfection, towards a perfect joining of my soul with the Divine principle."
Darrian explained.

[Basement]

"No problem. Always happy to help." Serge said glancing around the room, obviously searching for the vampire.

"He is not here Mr Yager, well sort of he is, he is in my phone. Jeffry would never allow us to bring a vampire into the Chantry without him being restrained rather painfully so this is a better solution. We ran into him and we gave our word we would not harm him, so when we discovered he is related to one of our enemies we could not go back on our word and take him captive, instead I offered him any gift a mage could produce to allow me to put him into my phone for a week, he choose that he wanted artistic talent, he said his creator choose him for his beauty, and not his talent and he want to be an artist. I was thinking I could add talent to his code while he is digetalized but as I am not an artist myself I do not really know how to write the code."
Cita explained.
"I was wondering if you could help me with that Mr Yager rewriting his program to include artistic talent."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:16 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'"Find something in the blood of our kin" - do your kin have like any advantage? Immunity or resistance to anything, perhaps?' Nicole replied.

[PM waiting, Great One. But no rush. Well, until we get to combat that is.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:28 pm

[Boston]

"It is possible, they are related to us. Some of them have blood that harms vampires but that is all I know I am not a biologist. But just like the rats full werspiders have blood that harms vampires so yes there can be something there."
Alessa replied.
"I just told you some theories, but while the spiders and the rats tend to hate one another there are some similarities between us."

(OOC: I will get to it as soon as I have the time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:44 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"He is not here Mr Yager, well sort of he is, he is in my phone. Jeffry would never allow us to bring a vampire into the Chantry without him being restrained rather painfully so this is a better solution. We ran into him and we gave our word we would not harm him, so when we discovered he is related to one of our enemies we could not go back on our word and take him captive, instead I offered him any gift a mage could produce to allow me to put him into my phone for a week, he choose that he wanted artistic talent, he said his creator choose him for his beauty, and not his talent and he want to be an artist. I was thinking I could add talent to his code while he is digetalized but as I am not an artist myself I do not really know how to write the code."
Cita explained.
"I was wondering if you could help me with that Mr Yager rewriting his program to include artistic talent."

"Neat, you digitized him." Serge said with a smile before listening to the story. "How would like me to help though? I can't really give him my skills unless he's physically here or I'm digitally there. Do you want to, like, scan my brain for the artist code?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:53 pm

[Basement]

"Neat, you digitized him." Serge said with a smile before listening to the story

"So I did I find it to be a very practical app."
Cita replied.
"The Adept I learned it from got the idea from watching the anime series Pokemon I think."
She added.
"Master Sharaya is quite good at digetalizing things actually. Everything is just code after all."

"How would like me to help though? I can't really give him my skills unless he's physically here or I'm digitally there. Do you want to, like, scan my brain for the artist code?"

"Yes that is exactly it. I will need you to copy a photographer's skills so that I can look at the code of your talent and write that into our vampire friend before I release him."
The Virtual Adept confirmed.
"Would that be acceptable to you Mr Yager? It is the same idea as copying skills but for raw talent and made permanent."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next