Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 4 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:04 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Yes that is exactly it. I will need you to copy a photographer's skills so that I can look at the code of your talent and write that into our vampire friend before I release him."
The Virtual Adept confirmed.
"Would that be acceptable to you Mr Yager? It is the same idea as copying skills but for raw talent and made permanent."

"Yeah, I'm ok with that. Any excuse to use my magick is good with me." Serge said with a nod. "So the vampire specifically wants photography skills? Meh, prefer drawing myself. But its doable. All I need now is a photographer. Do you have anyone in mind?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 4 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:07 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'What, your kinfolk like have blood which is poisonous to vampires?' Nicole replied, clearly wanting clarification. 'That would like be a rather tasty feature to put into a body if you were making one, no?'

[Fine by me]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:00 pm

[Boston]

'What, your kinfolk like have blood which is poisonous to vampires?' Nicole replied, clearly wanting clarification. 'That would like be a rather tasty feature to put into a body if you were making one, no?'

"Not most of them, but like with all shapechangers some of our kinfolk are Gifted they sometimes are poisonous to vampires just as we are and yes the two who have been taken are indeed Gifted."
Alessa replied.

[Basement]

"Yeah, I'm ok with that. Any excuse to use my magick is good with me." Serge said with a nod. "So the vampire specifically wants photography skills? Meh, prefer drawing myself. But its doable. All I need now is a photographer. Do you have anyone in mind?"

"Good thank you Mr Yager and yes the vampire mentioned photography but I think he might have the skills what he is looking for is artistic talent, the ability to compose a picture in an artistic way."
Cita replied.
"Hum...I am sure we can find someone with photography skills though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:10 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Good thank you Mr Yager and yes the vampire mentioned photography but I think he might have the skills what he is looking for is artistic talent, the ability to compose a picture in an artistic way."
Cita replied.
"Hum...I am sure we can find someone with photography skills though."

"Distance doesn't really matter to me. Art doesn't care for something like that. Its influence and the skill used to create it can be felt no matter where and when its seen." Serge said pulling out his phone. "Which is a fancy way of saying that I can copy the skills of any photographer who posts their work online. Would that be alright or would you prefer finding a photographer here?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:17 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Got any leads on who took them and-or when?' Nicole replied. 'Have a working theory, me; but don't want to like contaminate your thinking yet.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:09 pm

[Boston]

Got any leads on who took them and-or when?' Nicole replied. 'Have a working theory, me; but don't want to like contaminate your thinking yet.'

"We know when one of them was taken as she managed to get a video of her asking for help sent to one of the relatives before she was taken so we have the time stamp on the video and a bit of the attacker's face on film. She was taken 3:36 this afternoon. The other we do not know, but he did not show up for work this morning and no one have seen him since last night. We have few other theories as to who than it being the same who have taken Ratkin relatives."
Aøessa replied.

[Basement]

"Distance doesn't really matter to me. Art doesn't care for something like that. Its influence and the skill used to create it can be felt no matter where and when its seen." Serge said pulling out his phone. "Which is a fancy way of saying that I can copy the skills of any photographer who posts their work online. Would that be alright or would you prefer finding a photographer here?"

"No that is quite acceptable it do not have to be someone here, however if your method in invasive reading the person's mind as you borrow their skills then it will have to be someone who can be asked for permission."
Cita replied.
"We do not have the right to just invade some sleeper's privacy after all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:29 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Can you send me the footage? We've got some of our own which could be compared.' Nicole replied. 'Have you asked any of the others if their kin have gone missing? Like the wolves?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:01 pm

[Chapel]

He nodded, took out his own notebook, and quickly jotted down, 'Lisa Larson, Jodelle Jerkins, Abigail, Xavier Farvalley, Wallace Jace, these are the ones I know I have a piece of. Then there are the two who were sentenced for the Avatar Island case in the eighties, which I do not have, I believe. Oh, and Carlos Nilvan and Catherine Dalvar, also unknown to me. Almost forgot those two.'
"I see, well that we have arcane connections to some of them is good."
Jeffry wrote then he added under.
"I remember the cases. Charlos Nilvar very much deserved his fate, he paid a vampire to have a Massassa turn a rival at his Chantry so he himself to rise to the rank of Deacon. Cathrine Dalvar though...she was sentenced for working with the Nephandi but all it have been proved that she did was rescue several widderslainte children who she then handed to an Eastern Craft who care little for such things so they could raise the children where the Traditions could not reach them...foolish perhaps but I am not so sure I think the woman deserve what happened to her, there where massive protests to her sentence at the time."
The old Hermetic handed you his well used notebook once he was done writing.
Colin frowned, "Do you remember when those two trials were?"
Let me think I believe Adeptus Nilvar was sentenced in 1991 and Miss Delavar I believe was in the 70's but I do not remember the exact date."
Jeffry wrote back to you and gave you his notebook to read the reply.
Colin sighed, "So, I do not have those, then."

He read the conversation between them with growing concerned looks towards Colin.

'Can an avatar shard be a fetter? Is that why they're so afraid of you, besides the obvious?' he replied to them.

To Helena, after her codeword was given, he wrote: 'My pater has some tass that he made from my resonance. If something happens, or we don't come back before dawn, this tass is needed to refresh a ward spell that was put on Deacon N.'s rooms. It is a spiritual ward, to protect him. The spell should be active from the usual hours for such a working. Help keep him safe for me and all of us.'

[Adley's Room]

"I have things to teach you my host."
She said, her voice like the crackling of a furnace hot and ready to forge a blade.
"But you must choose, you can go with your friends now for the battle ahead, or you can stay with me and learn, if you go then light my candle when you are ready."
Once her message was delivered the angle stood there looking at you waiting for your response she gave you a warm smile and you saw in her perfect form both the faces on Ernje and Dylan and other you did not yet know.

"You have never come to me with lessons I did not need to learn, when you offered them. Still, this is a hard choice, for I feel needed...even in my, our, current state." He frowned. His pater had looked at him with worry and worry on the battle field would be preoccupation, which was not a good thing. He could not for sure say he would be fully recovered and even if he were somewhat, his pater would still worry. Yet to be down a functional person in an important battle could make things a lot harder and his pater could manage his emotions.

// clarification - lighting the candle is to exit or stay?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:31 pm

[Boston]

Can you send me the footage? We've got some of our own which could be compared.' Nicole replied.

"Sure I can do that as soon as this conversation is done."
Alessa agreed.

'Have you asked any of the others if their kin have gone missing? Like the wolves?'

"Out of a desire not to be ripped to pieces no I have not spoken with the wolves, Tane is over there now asking them though."
The Ananasi replied.
"I will let you know what he says once he is back."

[Chapel]

He read the conversation between them with growing concerned looks towards Colin.

'Can an avatar shard be a fetter? Is that why they're so afraid of you, besides the obvious?' he replied to them.

"I am starting to suspect that is the case yes."
Jeffry wrote he looked concerned as well and as usual he frowned.
"I need coffee."
He muttered sourly.

To Helena, after her codeword was given, he wrote: 'My pater has some tass that he made from my resonance. If something happens, or we don't come back before dawn, this tass is needed to refresh a ward spell that was put on Deacon N.'s rooms. It is a spiritual ward, to protect him. The spell should be active from the usual hours for such a working. Help keep him safe for me and all of us.'

Helena read what you had written then she gave you a solemn nod.
"You have my word brother. I will see to it."
She promised.
"Thank you for the trust you show by entrusting this task to me."

[Adley's Room]

"You have never come to me with lessons I did not need to learn, when you offered them. Still, this is a hard choice, for I feel needed...even in my, our, current state." He frowned. His pater had looked at him with worry and worry on the battle field would be preoccupation, which was not a good thing. He could not for sure say he would be fully recovered and even if he were somewhat, his pater would still worry. Yet to be down a functional person in an important battle could make things a lot harder and his pater could manage his emotions.

"The choice is yours my dear warrior, this is indeed a lesson you need to learn and yet your skills might be needed that is true."
The Fire Angel said as she regarded you.
"Though sometimes the best thing a warrior can do it to strengthen themselves first before rushing in and remember there are more than one battle on the horizon."
She advice.

(OOC: Letting the candle burn mean to stay, snuffing it out means to wait and then light it again when you are ready.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:55 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.'

Anja's Post:

'What about calling them? Unless they can make a big claw appear through the speaker.' Nicole quipped.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:07 pm

[Chapel]

"I am starting to suspect that is the case yes."
"I need coffee."
He muttered sourly.

"Damnation."

Helena read what you had written then she gave you a solemn nod.
"You have my word brother. I will see to it."
She promised.
"Thank you for the trust you show by entrusting this task to me."

"Discuss it with our pater."

[Adley's room]

"The choice is yours my dear warrior, this is indeed a lesson you need to learn and yet your skills might be needed that is true."
The Fire Angel said as she regarded you.
"Though sometimes the best thing a warrior can do it to strengthen themselves first before rushing in and remember there are more than one battle on the horizon."
She advice.

"I am not sure you are aware of the pun, or not..." he mused, more to himself than her. Then he nodded and reached out to take her hand. It was not usually a wise move to deny your avatar, after all. He trusted her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:11 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"No that is quite acceptable it do not have to be someone here, however if your method in invasive reading the person's mind as you borrow their skills then it will have to be someone who can be asked for permission."
Cita replied.
"We do not have the right to just invade some sleeper's privacy after all."

"The spell I plan to use doesn't read the persons mind. It just gives me the skills they've developed and the knowledge associated with it. Muscle memory, tips and tricks for photo editing, and things like that." he explained, "I won't read their mind beyond whats necessary. I'll won't learn any private information about the person. Not even the memories of how they got the knowledge. I'll just copy their skills. Is that all right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:45 pm

[Chapel]

"Damnation."

"Yes that was my thoughts about the matter as well."
Jeffry grumbled.

"Discuss it with our pater."

"I will do so brother."
Helena agreed.

[Adley's room]

"I am not sure you are aware of the pun, or not..." he mused, more to himself than her. Then he nodded and reached out to take her hand. It was not usually a wise move to deny your avatar, after all. He trusted her.

The Avatar just gave you a bit of a smile at your comment about a pun, and then you reached for her hand, it felt warm and firm as the world slowly vanished around you and soon the marble room was gone...

[Basement]

"The spell I plan to use doesn't read the persons mind. It just gives me the skills they've developed and the knowledge associated with it. Muscle memory, tips and tricks for photo editing, and things like that." he explained, "I won't read their mind beyond whats necessary. I'll won't learn any private information about the person. I'll just copy their skills. Is that all right?"

Cita considered for a moment then she nodded.
"Then all we need to do is find an photographer who's work show talent online then."
The Virtual Adept commented.
"But before we do perhaps we should go up into the first floor, it is warmer there than in the basement."
She suggested.

[Boston]

'Thanks.'

"No problem, if you can help get pur kinfolk back then I should thank you."
Alessa replied.

'What about calling them? Unless they can make a big claw appear through the speaker.' Nicole quipped.

"Well I guess it is possible some of them could do that, but the thing is I do not know them, and it is very unlikely they will talk with me, Tane though they do know so he is a better choice to send."
The Ananasi said.

(OOC: Link to Adley's Seeking thread and no I have not forgotten that Colin is due one as well, it is coming. As for Nicole how would her Avatar communicate with her? Though practical events in her life? https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t226-ic-thread-adley-s-second-seeking#35985 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:49 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:Cita considered for a moment then she nodded.
"Then all we need to do is find an photographer who's work show talent online then."
The Virtual Adept commented.
"But before we do perhaps we should go up into the first floor, it is warmer there than in the basement."
She suggested.

"More stairs....yeah all right." Serge reluctantly agreed. He began heading up to the first floor alongside Master Telar, searching up various online photographers as they trekked up the stairs. "Did digital vampire say what sort of photography he was interested in? Landscape? Wildlife? Portrait?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 am

[Basement]

"More stairs....yeah all right." Serge reluctantly agreed. He began heading up to the first floor alongside Master Telar, searching up various online photographers as they trekked up the stairs.

"Where you planning on staying in the basement for the rest of your life Mr Yager?"
Cita asked and she sounded a little amused as she led the way up the stairs towards the first floor.

"Did digital vampire say what sort of photography he was interested in? Landscape? Wildlife? Portrait?"

"He did not he only mentioned photography."
The spirit healer replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:14 am

[Chapel]
S7trif3 wrote:He read the conversation between them with growing concerned looks towards Colin.

Anja wrote:"I am starting to suspect that is the case yes."
"I need coffee."
He muttered sourly.
Colin nodded, "Think about it - it's the last thing they lost, the one thing dearer to them than life itself... what could be stronger?"

[Alchemist's Abode]
Anja wrote:"Detrimental, well certinly not, but it is not the Great Work, which is when I work for my own refinement."
Darrian replied then he looked concerned.
"Nothing else that would put her in danger is it?"
He said with a frown.
He shook his head, "No, I don't believe it's a danger to her, but it might be a recruitment opportunity for the Traditions. We've got her older brother visiting; I'd like to introduce them, with your permission. The thing is, he's a Void Engineer. He doesn't know about her yet, either."

Anja wrote:"How do you know you are getting...oh the future visions you have...and this Exemplar is far more than a Master I believe, to become such a being allow you to reach the same understanding in a single area of reality as the Oracles they say."
The alchemist said as he filled two cups with hot water and added tea infusers with a herbal blend.
"Herbal tea okey Mr Wainwright?"
He asked as he put one of the cups before you, it had a picture of a happy dog on the front of it.
He shook his head, "No, my knowing I'll be cut up has nothing to do with future visions. I made a... dishonourable decision in the Chicago battle, for which the reparations can only be made on the field of honour. In other words, I hurt a dear friend of a Verbena, and I've spent the past months getting knife combat training from Master Nassa so as to not make the duel a disgrace and an embarrassment. And of course, in this case I used the term Master to denote his specialty, not his rank. Poor word choice. Herbal will be quite fine."

Anja wrote:"Hum from the beginning, well alchemy uness what most think is a spiritual art and not just practical, many see the practical things done with the art, the potions and changing of substances but they do not realize that just like with for example a Verbena's mystery play, the actions done in the physical is symbolic act to enable the same processes within though the principles found in the Corpus Hermeticum, as above so below and as below so above so when I refine a substance, make it into something more and purer than the sum of it's parts, I also do the same to my inner self and I take one more step towards perfection, towards a perfect joining of my soul with the Divine principle."
Darrian explained.
He nodded, "The interior and the exterior mirroring one another in pursuit of perfect refinement, as opposed to chemistry's pursuit of perfect understanding of the physical world..."

((OOC: Blarg, got home late from Starfinder game last night; need a coffee IV drip today, I think... Also, no rush with the Seeking, as such.))

((OOC2: Regarding Avatars and how they communicate - just got the hilarious mental image of a Mage whose Avatar communicates through fortune cookies. The poor Mage never buys fortune cookies, he's just always somehow got a bag of them in his pocket, or there's one that shows up complimentary with his meal whenever he eats out - whether it is at a Chinese restaurant or McDonalds... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:06 am

[Chapel]

Colin nodded, "Think about it - it's the last thing they lost, the one thing dearer to them than life itself... what could be stronger?"

"Exactly so, our Avatars are more dare to us than life itself and with these ghosts they experienced loosing them...I am not sure if a ghost's fetter must be something they know about. I have read up on them due to Kyle's fascination with that ghost girl, and it seam they are fairly mental beings, drawing their energy from their own mental connection to their fetters, if they do not know such a shard exist it might not qualify but it would be a strong Arcane connection non the less."
Jeffry wrote before he showed what he had written to Colin and Adley.

[Alchemist's Abode]

He shook his head, "No, I don't believe it's a danger to her, but it might be a recruitment opportunity for the Traditions. We've got her older brother visiting; I'd like to introduce them, with your permission. The thing is, he's a Void Engineer. He doesn't know about her yet, either."

"Hum...my only objection to that is that this Technocrat if he do not join our side will probably be released and then he will know Cava's face, but if his mind can be altered before he is released if he do not join us then I am quite fine with it, I assume he is restrained there are no harm he can do to my apprentice, and she might find meeting her brother interesting even if he do not stay."
Darrian said with a nod.

He shook his head, "No, my knowing I'll be cut up has nothing to do with future visions. I made a... dishonourable decision in the Chicago battle, for which the reparations can only be made on the field of honour. In other words, I hurt a dear friend of a Verbena, and I've spent the past months getting knife combat training from Master Nassa so as to not make the duel a disgrace and an embarrassment. And of course, in this case I used the term Master to denote his specialty, not his rank. Poor word choice. Herbal will be quite fine."

"Ah I see, well good luck in the duel then Mr Wainwright, though I doubt that you will stand much of a chance at winning, but that is perhaps not the point, but rather to give the Verbena some challenge so that she feel she have won a honorable revenge for her friend?"
The Alchemist said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Ah good I mostly drink herbal mixes myself."

He nodded, "The interior and the exterior mirroring one another in pursuit of perfect refinement, as opposed to chemistry's pursuit of perfect understanding of the physical world..."

"Indeed so, Alchemy have an understanding of the physical world, and physical effects comes from Alchemy and they can at times be very beneficial like these healing potions or even the lesser potions I have been teaching Cava to make that will take away a headache or other lesser discomfort. But it is the inner pursuit that is the real work, though some loose track of that. Like with for example Cabalists who seek to journey back up the Three of Life until they get to again be one with God, Western Alchemists seek the same, we seek to refine and perfect ourselves until we are again a part of the Divine. However unlike for example Cabbalists we do not see the physical as lesser than the mental or the spirtual, we do not see this world as an undesirable separation from Divinity, rather we think all is linked together and we seek perfection is mind, body and spirit, and also in all around us. If we make a substance more perfect there is a bit more perfection in this world and with that we ourselves become a little bit more perfect."
The Solificato explained.

(OOC: Coffee tastes better if you drink it. Razz )

(OOC 2: That is a funny idea, what about having the fortune cookies appearing randomly around though, like he suddenly have one in his pocket or as a free gift when ordering food or just found in his fridge?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:18 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'I... see.' Nicole replied, clearly a little surprised by this revelation. 'Our theory on this end is that the kinfolk are being abducted for their like, genetic materiel. That some of the Fallen are operating a cloning lab, to make new bodies for several... not sure what, exactly... to take over. Clearly, having a body which is inedible to vampires is, as I said "a tasty feature". Crap pun not planned.'

[Don't think it's time for a Seeking yet...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:33 am

[Boston]

"Not all Fera, who my kind do not even consider itself a part of are friendly with one another, and some are more hated than others."
Alessa said and from her tone of voice it was clear the spiders was among those more hated types.
"Hum...well it is a solid theory if you could get some of the qualities of our various kind or even the lesser way these abilities can show in our kinfolk would surely be interesting for someone making themselves a body, not that I know much of the science behind it, or how you would get a mind from one body to another."
She replied.
"That still mean we need to get them back and shoot, kill and preferably eat the ones responsible, not necessarily in that order."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 am

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Exactly so, our Avatars are more dare to us than life itself and with these ghosts they experienced loosing them...I am not sure if a ghost's fetter must be something they know about. I have read up on them due to Kyle's fascination with that ghost girl, and it seam they are fairly mental beings, drawing their energy from their own mental connection to their fetters, if they do not know such a shard exist it might not qualify but it would be a strong Arcane connection non the less."
Jeffry wrote before he showed what he had written to Colin and Adley.
Colin nodded, "And the bloody serum adds to the equation, of course. Still, of the ones we know we'll face, we also know what scares them right now... or rather, who scares them."

[Alchemist's Abode]
Anja wrote:"Hum...my only objection to that is that this Technocrat if he do not join our side will probably be released and then he will know Cava's face, but if his mind can be altered before he is released if he do not join us then I am quite fine with it, I assume he is restrained there are no harm he can do to my apprentice, and she might find meeting her brother interesting even if he do not stay."
Darrian said with a nod.
He nodded, "The idea is to try to get his 'big brother' instincts to win him over to our side, but if that doesn't suffice, I'm quite certain he will have his memories of us and this place erased in any case. Just like Vera Kessinger, before we released her."

Anja wrote:"Ah I see, well good luck in the duel then Mr Wainwright, though I doubt that you will stand much of a chance at winning, but that is perhaps not the point, but rather to give the Verbena some challenge so that she feel she have won a honorable revenge for her friend?"
The Alchemist said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Ah good I mostly drink herbal mixes myself."
He nodded, "This... is not a duel to determine who is in the right, so much as a duel to establish that I wronged her, and I am owning my actions and giving her the appropriate opportunity to extract... her figurative pound of flesh. Well, blood, in this case. And it would not be much satisfaction if I were just standing there like a confused idiot as she wailed on me."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so, Alchemy have an understanding of the physical world, and physical effects comes from Alchemy and they can at times be very beneficial like these healing potions or even the lesser potions I have been teaching Cava to make that will take away a headache or other lesser discomfort. But it is the inner pursuit that is the real work, though some loose track of that. Like with for example Cabalists who seek to journey back up the Three of Life until they get to again be one with God, Western Alchemists seek the same, we seek to refine and perfect ourselves until we are again a part of the Divine. However unlike for example Cabbalists we do not see the physical as lesser than the mental or the spirtual, we do not see this world as an undesirable separation from Divinity, rather we think all is linked together and we seek perfection is mind, body and spirit, and also in all around us. If we make a substance more perfect there is a bit more perfection in this world and with that we ourselves become a little bit more perfect."
The Solificato explained.
He nodded, "And the Great Work is the ultimate Perfection of the self... the Philosopher's Stone, right? Immortality, the creation of pure gold out of lead, and so on?"

((OOC: Of course the fortune cookies would show up wherever. The bag in his pocket would just appear there when needed, rather than being constantly there, since he doesn't ever buy them. Or one could show up in the mail, neatly packed and postmarked somewhere illegible.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:04 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'As far as I see it, it would basically be a kinfolk made using artificial methods who's also a Mage. As much as that situation would be liked. Or even be possible.' Nicole replied, using this situation to try to gauge the rather... unique situation she was in.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... ending this mission with someone delivering you take-out ain't on the "To Do" list.' giving a little shudder at the idea.

[And your fortune today is... "Yes, your butt does look big in that skirt, (name). And will now be bigger after all that Dim Sung you tucked away.".]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:15 pm

[Chapel]

Colin nodded, "And the bloody serum adds to the equation, of course. Still, of the ones we know we'll face, we also know what scares them right now... or rather, who scares them."

"Indeed so, and we will use this fear to the best of our ability to make sure this Wallace Jace and his ghosts never harms anyone again."
Jeffry wrote then he added under it.
"And yes that bloody Serum I will be glad when we have an alternative to it's use."

[Alchemist's Abode]

He nodded, "The idea is to try to get his 'big brother' instincts to win him over to our side, but if that doesn't suffice, I'm quite certain he will have his memories of us and this place erased in any case. Just like Vera Kessinger, before we released her."

"Very well, as long as Cava's identity is protected if the boy do not join us but rather go back to the Union then I have no objections."
The Solificato said with a nod.
"But right now she is resting, she is only five years old she have a set bedtime and children need allot of sleep or so I have read."

He nodded, "This... is not a duel to determine who is in the right, so much as a duel to establish that I wronged her, and I am owning my actions and giving her the appropriate opportunity to extract... her figurative pound of flesh. Well, blood, in this case. And it would not be much satisfaction if I were just standing there like a confused idiot as she wailed on me."

"It makes me wonder what you can have done to anger this Verbena's friend so."
Darrian said with a sigh.
"But I hope it all work itself out, you do not want to have a Verbena enemy, take it from my Tradition they get very stabby and their plants are...aggressive."

He nodded, "And the Great Work is the ultimate Perfection of the self... the Philosopher's Stone, right? Immortality, the creation of pure gold out of lead, and so on?"

"Yes the Great Work is about the ultimate elevation of perfection in the self. The reason why you have the idea of turning lead into gold though is the belief that gold is the metal closest to God, the most perfect metal while lead in common and imperfect so in turning something common into cold we make ourselves closer to perfection. The Philosopher's stone is both symbolic and physical, it is the ultimate, perfect substance to strive for in your laboratory work, and as you strive to create it, then you yourself will be refined until the perfect being create the perfect substance."
The Alchemist explained.
"As for immortality, that which is perfect do not deteriorate. While my kind have often been hired to create elixirs of immortality for our patrons for us it is a side effect, if one become perfect one will no longer age, God do not age, the Divine is eternal and to be perfect is to be like God. Eastern Alchemy have a bit of a different concept around this but here I am hardly an expert but they do seam to seek immortality because immortality is itself seen as an perfect state of human life, rather than immortality being a side effect, one part of reaching perfection the way we see it."

[Boston]

As far as I see it, it would basically be a kinfolk made using artificial methods who's also a Mage. As much as that situation would be liked. Or even be possible.' Nicole replied, using this situation to try to gauge the rather... unique situation she was in.

"Hum...I have asked a bit around after I have found myself making friends with a mage after one saved my hide. It is uncommon but possible to have a kinfolk become a mage but never our full shifters. Tane speaks of something he call an Avatar and he says that it is ehm...plugged into the part of the soul where a shifter's connection to the spirit that created them, for most of them this would be Gaia, is located and like with a computer with only one port you can not have both plugged in. I do not know if this is right but I have never met a mage who is also Fera though Tane says a little girl at his ehm...Chantry is kindfolk to the wolves."
Alessa replied.
"Reliable information about this can be hard to come by though."

'Erm... ending this mission with someone delivering you take-out ain't on the "To Do" list.' giving a little shudder at the idea.

"Ah...well no...I guess not, it is a shame to waste the blood of one's enemies though. Well I guess murdering them will have to do."
The werspider replied with a sigh.

(OOC: That would be a fun way for a mage to speak with his or her Avatar.)
(OOC: Honest Avatar is honest and it is not like you can smack it...well you can but you do not want to.)
(OOC 3: Souls in WoD is like Apple laptops they do not have enough ports. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:55 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Indeed so, and we will use this fear to the best of our ability to make sure this Wallace Jace and his ghosts never harms anyone again."
Jeffry wrote then he added under it.
"And yes that bloody Serum I will be glad when we have an alternative to it's use."
Colin smiled thinly, "I believe Quaesitor Adimari is working on an alternative method even now - or she will be very, very shortly, once I have a word with her about the newly-discovered side effects of the serum."

[Alchemist's Abode]
Anja wrote:"Very well, as long as Cava's identity is protected if the boy do not join us but rather go back to the Union then I have no objections."
The Solificato said with a nod.
"But right now she is resting, she is only five years old she have a set bedtime and children need allot of sleep or so I have read."
He nodded, "That's why I was thinking of making introductions around breakfast time in the morning. Might be a little rushed by then, but I'm sure we'll manage something."

Anja wrote:"It makes me wonder what you can have done to anger this Verbena's friend so."
Darrian said with a sigh.
"But I hope it all work itself out, you do not want to have a Verbena enemy, take it from my Tradition they get very stabby and their plants are...aggressive."
He frowned, "I betrayed trust, in a horrible way that could have had serious implications for said friend. It was not a betrayal springing from cruelty or cowardice, but from desperation... The only thing close to a saving grace is my swift return to confess my trespass and offer amends, and that the worst results were not necessary. It will work out, and I will honour my cuts."

Anja wrote:"Yes the Great Work is about the ultimate elevation of perfection in the self. The reason why you have the idea of turning lead into gold though is the belief that gold is the metal closest to God, the most perfect metal while lead in common and imperfect so in turning something common into cold we make ourselves closer to perfection. The Philosopher's stone is both symbolic and physical, it is the ultimate, perfect substance to strive for in your laboratory work, and as you strive to create it, then you yourself will be refined until the perfect being create the perfect substance."
The Alchemist explained.
"As for immortality, that which is perfect do not deteriorate. While my kind have often been hired to create elixirs of immortality for our patrons for us it is a side effect, if one become perfect one will no longer age, God do not age, the Divine is eternal and to be perfect is to be like God. Eastern Alchemy have a bit of a different concept around this but here I am hardly an expert but they do seam to seek immortality because immortality is itself seen as an perfect state of human life, rather than immortality being a side effect, one part of reaching perfection the way we see it."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Perhaps something was lost in translation between the Eastern and Western Alchemists, though? Hum, so, as I understand it, the Alchemical is essentially dividing oneself, plucking away the flawed bits, and recombining only the good parts?"

((OOC: More like the bodies lack enough ports for extra souls. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:11 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Well, do you expect it to be easy? How many of your kind would be giving me the respect that you are if I was "just" a kinfolk?' Nicole retorted. 'It changes like, the whole power dynamic thing. Like when some old letchy sexist fuckwit finds himself with a female boss for the first time.'

'Anyways... you sound like you're interested in this kind of thing.' the Etherite continued, an idea forming in her head.

[Though say, a Dreamspeaker Kinfolk might actually be able to "fake it" enough through Life, Spirit etc to "pass" as a 'shifter. What their fuzzy relatives would make of this, on the other hand is completely up in the air. Might be considered the equivalent of blackface...]

[Everything is more fun with triffids?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:50 pm

[Chapel]

Colin smiled thinly, "I believe Quaesitor Adimari is working on an alternative method even now - or she will be very, very shortly, once I have a word with her about the newly-discovered side effects of the serum."

"Let us hope Master Adimari will be successful Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry scribbled down and showed you.

[Alchemist's Abode]

He nodded, "That's why I was thinking of making introductions around breakfast time in the morning. Might be a little rushed by then, but I'm sure we'll manage something."

"Very well I can agree to that."
Darrian replied with a nod.

He frowned, "I betrayed trust, in a horrible way that could have had serious implications for said friend. It was not a betrayal springing from cruelty or cowardice, but from desperation... The only thing close to a saving grace is my swift return to confess my trespass and offer amends, and that the worst results were not necessary. It will work out, and I will honour my cuts."

"I will not ask to much about it Mr Wainwright but it is good that you are trying to make amends."
The Solificato said with a another nod.
"And I hope you will not get to injured in the duel."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Perhaps something was lost in translation between the Eastern and Western Alchemists, though? Hum, so, as I understand it, the Alchemical is essentially dividing oneself, plucking away the flawed bits, and recombining only the good parts?"

"I think that probably it is rather a matter of the two developing in different direction, just like you have Hermetic ideas both in our modern Western Occult ideas and in Sufism, but they have developed in different directions over the years."
The Alchemist replied.
"But yes very much so the essence of Alchemy the way I understand it is that by processes of destruction and reintegration one can remove the flawed bits and eventually reach perfection."

[Boston]

'Well, do you expect it to be easy? How many of your kind would be giving me the respect that you are if I was "just" a kinfolk?' Nicole retorted. 'It changes like, the whole power dynamic thing. Like when some old letchy sexist fuckwit finds himself with a female boss for the first time.'

"The Ananasi value it's full shifters more than our Kinfolk this is true, then again we tend to value those who can add value to the brood, at least in my faction there are several, we are information gatherers so if you are good at that you can gain recognition even as kin."
Alessa said then she shrugged.
"Everyone else are potential food."

Anyways... you sound like you're interested in this kind of thing.' the Etherite continued, an idea forming in her head.

"Yes this is information I am interested in attaining yes."
The werspider replied.

(OOC: Yes a mage can fake it for most supernatural creatures if you have the right Spheres and know enough about their society.)
(OOC 2: No it is the soul that is the problem, an Avatar connect into a human soul and live in it, so it is not the soul itself, and it is confirmed that the reason why you can not have full snifter mages is that the connection to Gaia occupy the space in the soul where an Avatar would incarnate.)
(OOC 3: Fun with triffids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYEpBTAD27k )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next