Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

+3
Caedus
Jaq
Ashan101
7 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:52 pm

--- Meeting, Thursday ---
Colin made a few more notes, stroking the bridge of his nose thoughtfully. "So, to sum up, if we're going to deal with D'Angelo, we essentially need to remove both twins from the equation in one fell swoop. Presumably, something so mundane as accusing them of not being of sound mind is going to prove impressively inefficient. However, I understand there are a few conditions that would immediately render a Quaesitor unfit for duty... as a hypothetical question, and so that we're all equally aware, what conditions would be cause for their removal from office, however temporarily?"

((OOC: I was going to protest your use of the word "hermaphrodite", on account of Nico sounding more like merely androgynous. But as it happens, it seems "chimera" is a more accurate description... But frankly, a person's plumbing should be considered a private matter, shouldn't it? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Adley Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:31 pm

The artificer sigh. "Well I hope he will make friends, he deserve some."

"Yes, he certainly does."

"So yeah I am the same kind of being as Heylel Teomim, I however was not born with the otherworldly beauty gene that many seam to associate with rebis nor was I born with the betray one's Cabal to the bloody Technocracy gene."

Adley looked suddenly -very- embarrassed for asking. "I'm sorry, please forgive me. I did not realise it was...such a private affair. I did not mean to pry," he looked at the floor, ears burning and then added. "I don't think that there is a betrayal to the Technocracy 'gene', as it happens though I am not well versed in anything beyond mundane schooling as compared to languages." He was glad to change the topic, not due to disgust per se but having intruded on Nico's private matters.

"Yeah sure one can do that, both if you mean stronger effects as in stronger force applied to better make the armor able to withstand physical effects and to make something resist magick better, yes...that can be done."

"I'd like something that could stop bullets more effectively and perhaps give additional resistance to magick. Though your regular set of body armor plating can stop certain types of average bullets they will not stop enhanced ones, or rifles, for example. And the more stopping power the more bulky the body armor tends to be, which is something I would like to avoid. Again, I am not sure what would be the best method."

"The clothing part was his idea, Bruce I mean, to make something that look like normal clothing but which will stop a bullet, we can probably do that...eventually, enchanting armor however I can do. I do work on commission sometimes, I have to to afford my research."

"Thank you. If you have a moment to put together a price estimate, later then let me know."

"Here is my number but we do not have phone coverage in here and I seldom leave the Chantry so the easiest way to get a hold of me is to come to my workshop." The artificer said before she picked up her glass of milk and lunch again."Can you find your own way back or do you want me to wait for you?"

He took the number and wrote his down as well. "I see, if you would allow me to return to see you then, to continue this discussion?" he said, asking permission. "I hate to make you wait but I am on a very tight schedule. I will be as quick as I can be, if you would please wait?" He didn't like asking but although he thought he would risk it if he had more time, he didn't and he mentally ticked off owing her a favour later as he was able.

"I have a guest that needs her rest, if you would please speak softly." Laisa said as she show you into a round chamber that served as her office...There where a thick, red carpet on the floor. In one of the deep, old leather armchairs you see Gwen sit, her head was lolled to the side and the young mage where in deep sleep, the girl looked as if she had been to war..."So what can I do for you Mr Roth Hicks?"

For a moment all he could do was stare at Gwen with rising temper. He knew that she was not his apprentice, nor his own mentor's, that many older mages used corporeal punishments, such as Beatrice's own mentor. That Gwen had a challenging nature, he'd seen it in here eyes and that he did not think this would defeat the girl. Yet there she was, in Laisa's study and not with her mentor, despite D'Angelo's demands. It did not bode well. He frowned and then looked at the Mercere. "I apologise for disturbing you at what is clearly a bad time. I have a letter for you to deliver and payment from my pater." He proffered them. He asked cautiously, "Is there something that you needed?"

(meeting)

So, to sum up, if we're going to deal with D'Angelo, we essentially need to remove both twins from the equation in one fell swoop. Presumably, something so mundane as accusing them of not being of sound mind is going to prove impressively inefficient. However, I understand there are a few conditions that would immediately render a Quaesitor unfit for duty... as a hypothetical question, and so that we're all equally aware, what conditions would be cause for their removal from office, however temporarily?"

He looked over at Colin and then nodded. "If we do not take them out together, or at least make preparation for the brother to continue with things, then we will be at a disadvantage, I believe." Then he listened to what the others would say of his question.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Meeting:

Colin made a few more notes, stroking the bridge of his nose thoughtfully. "So, to sum up, if we're going to deal with D'Angelo, we essentially need to remove both twins from the equation in one fell swoop.

George nodded.
"That is correct Mr Wainwright, unless we deal with both of them, then it is likely the other part of the equation are going to pick up where their sibling left of and that they might even go at it with a renewed fervor."
The old Gurnicus said.

Presumably, something so mundane as accusing them of not being of sound mind is going to prove impressively inefficient. However, I understand there are a few conditions that would immediately render a Quaesitor unfit for duty... as a hypothetical question, and so that we're all equally aware, what conditions would be cause for their removal from office, however temporarily?"

"Being suspected or convicted of a major crime would have a Quaesitor loose their title permanently or temporarily, and being in Quiet would disqualify a Quaesitor from practicing law for several year as an accusation of Twilight would probably be examined before they would be allowed to continue, but off course leveling such an accusation against two Quaesitori would raise some eyebrows. In addition a member of House Guernicus can not hold titles in the Traditions or lead a Chantry while they are also a Quaesitor, which is why I do not hold the title of judge even if I am one of the followers of Guernicus."
The ancient mage explained.

Lux Itineris:

"Yes, he certainly does."

Nico nodded in agreement.

Adley looked suddenly -very- embarrassed for asking. "I'm sorry, please forgive me. I did not realise it was...such a private affair. I did not mean to pry," he looked at the floor, ears burning and then added. "I don't think that there is a betrayal to the Technocracy 'gene', as it happens though I am not well versed in anything beyond mundane schooling as compared to languages." He was glad to change the topic, not due to disgust per se but having intruded on Nico's private matters.

The artificer gave amused laugh.
"Oh do not worry, it is not a private matter as such, I mean it is just how I am, but I do get tired of A being compared to Heylel all the time and B butthurt Solificati that are angry that a child of the egg as they call it have chosen another path than theirs."
Nico shrugged.
"I mean the experience when it happened is private, that is a second Awakening, but what I am just just that, what I am, nothing more."

"I'd like something that could stop bullets more effectively and perhaps give additional resistance to magick. Though your regular set of body armor plating can stop certain types of average bullets they will not stop enhanced ones, or rifles, for example. And the more stopping power the more bulky the body armor tends to be, which is something I would like to avoid. Again, I am not sure what would be the best method."

"Well I can probably fix something, however if you want an enchantment that last more than a few weeks that will require Quintessence, but just enchanting some metal and make thin, durable armor plating, that I can do, the process is not complicated but it do take a bit of time."

"Thank you. If you have a moment to put together a price estimate, later then let me know."

"I can do that, no problem, it should not take to long."
Nico said happily.

He took the number and wrote his down as well. "I see, if you would allow me to return to see you then, to continue this discussion?" he said, asking permission. "I hate to make you wait but I am on a very tight schedule. I will be as quick as I can be, if you would please wait?" He didn't like asking but although he thought he would risk it if he had more time, he didn't and he mentally ticked off owing her a favour later as he was able.

"I like visitors so by all means do by...well if you do not mind the mess in my workshop that is, I mean I have a system in the madness, I promise I do, but I guess to others my room more or less look like a junkyard."
Nico said and grinned again.
"I can wait no problem...I will just eat my lunch in the meantime."
Nico said and gesticulated with her food again.
"I do not mind."

For a moment all he could do was stare at Gwen with rising temper. He knew that she was not his apprentice, nor his own mentor's, that many older mages used corporeal punishments, such as Beatrice's own mentor. That Gwen had a challenging nature, he'd seen it in here eyes and that he did not think this would defeat the girl. Yet there she was, in Laisa's study and not with her mentor, despite D'Angelo's demands. It did not bode well. He frowned and then looked at the Mercere. "I apologise for disturbing you at what is clearly a bad time. I have a letter for you to deliver and payment from my pater." He proffered them. He asked cautiously, "Is there something that you needed?"

"I am here to serve."
Laisa said she took the letters and the payment and sigh.
"I see your pater still insult on paying me."
The elder Mercere said then she smiles slightly.
"Well tell him his letter will be delivered quickly."
The old Red Cap looks at Gwen for a moment then back at you.
"No Mr Roth Hicks there is nothing I need."
The woman said, she sounded tired and frustrated.
"Nothing you can give me, but thank you for offering I see Jeffry have raised a polite young magus."
Laisa said then she leaned back in her chair.
"Thank you for helping Hank with the portal yesterday, he told me you had let him out."
The woman said and smiles.
"I appreciate that you are showing the boy kindness."

(OOC: Well rebis are referred to in the books as hermaphrodites and it have less to do with plumbing and more to do with spiritual properties, but yes in a way chimera might be a better term form them, though the term hermaphrodite used about a rebis is a reference to the alchemical ideal of the great hemaprodite, a perfect union of opposites, idea that then off course the whole idea of rebis in Mage is based on, so while a rebis might have special plumbing, that is not the point, the point is the feminine and masculine in perfect union, which then also become a union of light and dark, positive and negative in many ways the great hermaphrodite which is a common symbol in Western occultism, is the Western version of ying and yang. The most common place where you can find this symbol is The World card in Tarot which symbolize both an ending and completion as well as the promise of a new beginning. I alchemy there is a concept strongly associated with the philosopher's stone, some even equate them, the philosopher's child or the child of the egg, and this is also the grand hermaphrodite. As such since we are here talking about an alchemical being and not someone who identify as both genders or physically are both genders, I feel the term hermaphrodite is the correct one. Basically a rebis is a living incarnation of the philosopher's child. Hum...that went on for a bit, sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:03 am

(Lux Iternis)
The artificer gave amused laugh. "Oh do not worry, it is not a private matter as such, I mean it is just how I am

Her explanation did nothing to lessen his apparent embarrassment.

"Well I can probably fix something, however if you want an enchantment that last more than a few weeks that will require Quintessence, but just enchanting some metal and make thin, durable armor plating, that I can do, the process is not complicated but it do take a bit of time."

"I was thinking something more permanent, yes but I do not know what the costs entailed are, I may not be able to meet the requirements for your time and effort as well as necessary materials. Still, I would like to know the alternatives, if you don't mind and their related costs."

"I like visitors so by all means do by...well if you do not mind the mess in my workshop that is, I mean I have a system in the madness, I promise I do, but I guess to others my room more or less look like a junkyard." Nico said and grinned again.

"I don't like to drop by unannounced as a general rule but as you are not easy to reach I may simply stop in as you requested. Thank you Nico." He remembered her workshop when he'd come to get Bruce, how she'd offered him something to drink and was worried that it had gotten contaminated with chemicals. Of course, he said nothing.

"I see your pater still insult on paying me." The elder Mercere said then she smiles slightly. "Well tell him his letter will be delivered quickly."

"I am sure my pater thinks you are worth the costs and that the service is due payment," he replied simply. "I will tell him. He sends you his regards as well."

"No Mr Roth Hicks there is nothing I need." The woman said, she sounded tired and frustrated. "Nothing you can give me, but thank you for offering I see Jeffry have raised a polite young magus."

"I see, very well." He understood an internal matter when he saw one. And it was not his business and could make things all the worse. His eyes strayed back to the chair once and then to the Mercere, concerned.

Laisa said then she leaned back in her chair. "Thank you for helping Hank with the portal yesterday, he told me you had let him out." The woman said and smiles. "I appreciate that you are showing the boy kindness."

"It was no difficulty, I was on my way there myself. I would help him more if I could, he has seen a tough life." He frowned suddenly. "There is one thing that concerns me," he said. He looked towards Gwen again to see if she was truly asleep before continuing in as quiet a tone as he could muster, which did not seem to change his normal speaking volume. "I received a letter today. I believe it may have been Hank's professor speaking of him but I am not yet sure. I am not sure if he means harm or not, nor do I know him well but even if he does not mean direct harm he may still present a danger. I will try to communicate with the man this afternoon if I am able or before evening class but if Hank has class tonight, I would make effort to keep an eye on him." He didn't like leaving idle speculation at the Mercere's doorstep but it was far better to tell her there may be something going on than leave it undisclosed. He offered her the letter so she could see which professor it was and the fact that the man seemed to know he was a mage as was the student in question.

(meeting)

"Being suspected or convicted of a major crime would have a Quaesitor loose their title permanently or temporarily, and being in Quiet would disqualify a Quaesitor from practicing law for several year as an accusation of Twilight would probably be examined before they would be allowed to continue, but off course leveling such an accusation against two Quaesitori would raise some eyebrows. In addition a member of House Guernicus can not hold titles in the Traditions or lead a Chantry while they are also a Quaesitor, which is why I do not hold the title of judge even if I am one of the followers of Guernicus."

"A major crime...a Quiet or conflict of interest in politics. Very slim options..." He frowned. "Yet setting up Ms Florentine's trial, possibly with minimal Primi available to stack the deck, and against the fact her avatar was witnessed as cleansed does not constitute a major failing or crime?" He sounded frustrated. "Even setting aside what was done to Susanna herself and those that cared for her, which is not inconsequential, would not someone wished to have known that knowledge, that preventing it from being investigated or accepted upon its own truth have lessened our communal understanding of what makes an avatar inverted and how to stop the progression of Nephandic corruption? How is removing a potential tool from our hands to deal with the Nephandi and widderslainte not a crime?" He sighed. "Forgive me," he shook his head, looking back at the matter at hand, which was Beatrice. "What practical paths are there for us, knowing that is our end goal?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:01 am

Lux Iternis:

Her explanation did nothing to lessen his apparent embarrassment.

Nico just smiles a little but say nothing more about the subject, though to her it seams rather natural and not a big deal to talk about.

"I was thinking something more permanent, yes but I do not know what the costs entailed are, I may not be able to meet the requirements for your time and effort as well as necessary materials. Still, I would like to know the alternatives, if you don't mind and their related costs."

"Well it depends on what you want done to the armor, just making it stronger and give it some magickal protection I should be able to do with a couple of drams to make the effect permanent, the chemicals I use is not that expensive though you would have to provide me some armor in your own size unless you want me to make some...hum...to make it permanent would be a two day job I think, maybe three."
Nico muttered as she considered what the job would entail.
"Normally I would take three drams for such a job but there are rumors that your Chantry have a problem with one of it' nodes so I am willing to consider other types of payment, instruction for example, the more I know the more complex enchantments I can make."
The young Verditius said and gesticulated with her lunch again.
"I am pretty flexible...well not in the performance of my art, I mean I am as dependent on tools as a bloody Crat, if not more so, but in understanding, I could probably learn from anyone who have a Paradigm somewhat within the Hermetic ballpark or something similar."

"I don't like to drop by unannounced as a general rule but as you are not easy to reach I may simply stop in as you requested. Thank you Nico." He remembered her workshop when he'd come to get Bruce, how she'd offered him something to drink and was worried that it had gotten contaminated with chemicals. Of course, he said nothing.

"Ah good good...you do that, and do not worry things do not usually blow up when I have guests...well...once or twice...but not very big explosions...only little ones...little baby explosions...I ehm...should stop talking now...yeah...you are welcome anyway."
Nico said and offered a big grin making it hard to tell if she was joking about the explosions or if she meant it.

"I am sure my pater thinks you are worth the costs and that the service is due payment," he replied simply. "I will tell him. He sends you his regards as well."

Laisa smiles and nods, she put the letters in the satchel that stand next to her desk.
"Well as long as he knows, I will always owe him more then I can ever repay, not many would do what he did for me...not many at all."
The Mercere muttered softly.

"I see, very well." He understood an internal matter when he saw one. And it was not his business and could make things all the worse. His eyes strayed back to the chair once and then to the Mercere, concerned.

Laisa sigh and shake her head.
"Do not be concerned Mr Roth Hicks, I am just frustrated at the archaic nature of our laws at times, I have to give that girl back to the man who beat her by seven tonight, and I can not disobey that order, I want to, but I have to think about Hank, if I get in trouble with the law, who would protect him? And it just frustrates me. I want to help the girl, and I can not."
The Mercere explains in an effort to ease your concern.
"I was Tytalus once, my mentor was a horror, I know how the girl feels I just want to stop it, but I can not..."
The woman mushed mostly to herself then she sigh.
"But that is not a burden for your shoulder I just wanted to say that things will be...fine at least for me."
Laisa said sadly.

"It was no difficulty, I was on my way there myself. I would help him more if I could, he has seen a tough life."

The Mercere nodded sadly.
"Yes it would have broken most others, but Hank is still trying to do something with his life, he is fragile yes, but at the same time strong. I only hope I can give him a foundation so that he one day can have a good life."

"There is one thing that concerns me," he said. He looked towards Gwen again to see if she was truly asleep before continuing in as quiet a tone as he could muster, which did not seem to change his normal speaking volume. "I received a letter today. I believe it may have been Hank's professor speaking of him but I am not yet sure. I am not sure if he means harm or not, nor do I know him well but even if he does not mean direct harm he may still present a danger. I will try to communicate with the man this afternoon if I am able or before evening class but if Hank has class tonight, I would make effort to keep an eye on him." He didn't like leaving idle speculation at the Mercere's doorstep but it was far better to tell her there may be something going on than leave it undisclosed. He offered her the letter so she could see which professor it was and the fact that the man seemed to know he was a mage as was the student in question.

Gwen was sleeping peacefully, though there where still those little rasps that came from her every time she drew breath.
"Hum...this is disturbing news you bring me Mr Roth Hicks."
The old Mercere said.
"I would hate to keep Hank from hi studies he seamed so...exited when I allowed him to take classes at the university, and not much really excites him. He want to combine the knowledge my House have of helping the...unfortunate ones that sometimes come to us, walking Mercere's own path, with sleeper knowledge to become a psychologist of sorts for our society. Heaven knows we need it, there are so much that can happen to a mage that one just can not talk to a mundane therapist about, Quiets, the horrors of the war, and worse. If Hank can do what he have set out to, his minuscule magickal ability will not matter, he will carve out a place for himself in our society, a place where he might earn security and respect while helping more of our own get back on their feet. I do not want to take that dream from him, but if there is someone in the university with their eyes on him, I have to also think of Hank's safety."
Laisa muttered she read the letter then sigh again.
"My apprentice do have class this afternoon, I guess I can ask one of the Adept's to go with him and keep an eye on him just for today, there are several that owe me favors...however if this man here have his eye on Hank then I have to pull him from further classes, and you should be most careful, this man is a Massasa, we just have not found a good way to get rid of him without drawing attention to ourselves, so since he have done no harm we have let him be."
The Mercere sounded quite concerned for her apprentice's safety.
"Well Hank's afternoon class should not be a problem then...as your mysterious letter sender will be asleep, but thread most carefully in this Mr Roth Hicks, please, Jeffry would be heartbroken if something...tragic...happened to you.
"The letter do not mention that the young man he is talking about is a student, but there is a chance, damned, I have to solve this somehow so Hank can continue his studies...I at least need to know if the young mage he speak of in the letter are my apprentice."
Laisa muttered half to herself.

Meeting:

"A major crime...a Quiet or conflict of interest in politics. Very slim options..." He frowned.

George nodded.
"Very slim options indeed."
The old mage commented.

"Yet setting up Ms Florentine's trial, possibly with minimal Primi available to stack the deck, and against the fact her avatar was witnessed as cleansed does not constitute a major failing or crime?"

"If it can be proven that a great deal of political pressure was used that would be considered if not a crime then misconduct to a degree as to bring the judge in question under scrutiny, however their defense could then be, well we just happened to bring the case before the Primi on a most auspicious day, such political maneuvering have to be proven for any action to be taken against the D'Angelos. One more reason why speaking with the parties involved as so important."
The Ancient mage sigh.
"The letter of the law speak of someone born Fallen, it do not require them to still be Fallen, and since Gilgul is employed also against non corrupted Avatars, in for example cases of high treason, or for example in the scandal around the..."
George glanced at Colin for a moment.
"The Orphans kidnapped and turned into tass, it is used as a punishment for those that would destroy an Avatar or perform an unsanctioned Gilgul, as such there are no law that say a Avatar to be destroyed have to be Fallen and also since it is considered to be impossible to cleanse a widderslainte...well then it would not take much...as you say stacking of the cards to have that fact not brought up in the trial."
The old mage said in a sad tone of voice.

He sounded frustrated. "Even setting aside what was done to Susanna herself and those that cared for her, which is not inconsequential, would not someone wished to have known that knowledge, that preventing it from being investigated or accepted upon its own truth have lessened our communal understanding of what makes an avatar inverted and how to stop the progression of Nephandic corruption? How is removing a potential tool from our hands to deal with the Nephandi and widderslainte not a crime?" He sighed. "Forgive me,"

"No, no do not ask forgiveness Mr Roth Hicks I share your outrage, and yes invaluable information was lost when Susannah Florentine was Gilgulled, if I had not know the D'Angelo twins since they where newly Awakened brats and known of their tragic history...if Miss Florentine's Avatar was indeed cleaned then...to destroy such a treasure...I would suspect the twins themselves of being agents of the Nephandi...perhaps a mall part of me harbor such suspicions...no that is not something to speculate on."
Geeorge said and sigh.
"But yes, a tragic loss of knowledge, if the girl wa cleansed her destruction is unforgivable."
Jeffry nearly choked on his coffee when George muttered about his suspicions and he quickly put his cup down coughing, even Amadeus who was liable to believe anything about a Hermetic seemed rather shocked.

"What practical paths are there for us, knowing that is our end goal?"
"I would say right now what need to happen is that Miss Florentine's mentor need to be contacted as soon as possible, the best would be if she would talk with Mr Wainwright and give any information that she can regarding her trial, and we also need those court documents. Once we have them we need to contact everyone involved in the trial, Miss Florentine's advocate as well as the Masters who confirmed her Avatar clean, if we can find some proof to show D'Angelo committing misconduct then we can take him out of the picture at least, and perhaps his sister as well, in which case Miss Alexander would be safe."
George said.
"We also need to investigate the phylactery option as well as I will speak with my allies on Horizon, in fact I might leave for there after the meeting. Once this information are gathered we should meet again tomorrow afternoon and see if we can formulate a direct plan of action then, but we need to talk with those Masters and also know the political climate on Horizon first before we make any direct plans."
George smiles.
"Also we need to know from those Master of Spirit if we can probe that Miss Florentine's Avatar was clean, for if so, if a girl who had committed no crime was Gilgulled and her Avatar was clean, we can create a outrage like no others and give the D'Angelos something else to think about than Miss Alexander for a very long time."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:11 am

"Well it depends on what you want done to the armor, just making it stronger and give it some magickal protection I should be able to do with a couple of drams to make the effect permanent...I am pretty flexible...well not in the performance of my art, I mean I am as dependent on tools as a bloody Crat, if not more so, but in understanding, I could probably learn from anyone who have a Paradigm somewhat within the Hermetic ballpark or something similar."

"Yes, as I said, I might have to 'save up,' but if you are willing to barter that is very kind of you. I am not sure what skills of mine that you might find useful or valuable, as I confess alchemy was not my forte aside from the basic principles. I'm a linguist and know ars spiritus and naturally what you might expect from members of my House. We can figure out particulars when there's more time. Thank you, again."

"Ah good good...you do that, and do not worry things do not usually blow up when I have guests...well...once or twice...but not very big explosions...only little ones...little baby explosions...I ehm...should stop talking now...yeah...you are welcome anyway."

He raised an eyebrow. "I would prefer not to blow up, even a baby explosion, if you could manage it, while I am over for company," he said, with a slightly wry look. "It would be most appreciated."

Laisa smiles and nods, she put the letters in the satchel that stand next to her desk. "Well as long as he knows, I will always owe him more then I can ever repay, not many would do what he did for me...not many at all." The Mercere muttered softly.

"My pater might feel that whatever transpired between you does not negate the terms of your service, that he wishes to pay you regardless as he values it. I would not put words into his mouth that are not his own however. Especially as I don't know what lay between you and it is not my business."

Do not be concerned Mr Roth Hicks, I am just frustrated at the archaic nature of our laws at times, I have to give that girl back to the man who beat her by seven tonight, and I can not disobey that order, I want to, but I have to think about Hank, if I get in trouble with the law, who would protect him? And it just frustrates me. I want to help the girl, and I can not." The Mercere explains in an effort to ease your concern. "I was Tytalus once, my mentor was a horror, I know how the girl feels I just want to stop it, but I can not..."

"You may call me Adley, if you wish." He listened to her a moment and then frowned. "I see," he repeated, looking down and sighed. He felt conflicted. On the one hand, this was his Order, his House and although it was not his mentor or his Chantry, it was his Tradition. On the other, there was a girl laid out on a couch, brands were being bandied about and avatars were on the line. He'd never had to face this kind of treatment. He'd never thought of his pater as particularly modern, until recently.

"Hum...this is disturbing news you bring me Mr Roth Hicks...The letter do not mention that the young man he is talking about is a student, but there is a chance, damned, I have to solve this somehow so Hank can continue his studies...I at least need to know if the young mage he speak of in the letter are my apprentice."

"A vampire?" He rubbed a hand through his hair. "Wonderful, just what we need." He took the letter and put it away. "I'll have to tell my pater. At any rate, I would not be able to contact him until later tonight, perhaps after his class...but please do keep an eye on Hank. I don't know for sure it is about him, as you said. But Lenoe -is- a philosophy professor. I thought it best you knew just in case, though it might not be time to pull Hank away. I can't make that decision for you but I think it's a good idea to have an eye on him who knows what Lenoe is. And if it is not Hank, yet is actually another young mage he knows of and not some ruse, then perhaps he really does need assistance." He frowned. "Can you tell me what you know about Lenoe? Then I'm afraid I must leave, I have class myself and a meeting directly after that I must attend," he said apologetically. "If I find anything more about him, I will let you know as soon as I can  of course. What is the best way to keep in contact with you, given that phones don't work in the Chantry?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 am

"Yes, as I said, I might have to 'save up,' but if you are willing to barter that is very kind of you. I am not sure what skills of mine that you might find useful or valuable, as I confess alchemy was not my forte aside from the basic principles. I'm a linguist and know ars spiritus and naturally what you might expect from members of my House. We can figure out particulars when there's more time. Thank you, again."

"Well learning more about spirits would be useful but I suspect that since my art is so physical that might not be for me."
The young Verditius said.
"My House tend to be good learners of magickal arts, but we can only employ them though artifacts, but yes I would be willing to make you armor for lessons about spirits and how to see them."
Nico said and smiles.

He raised an eyebrow. "I would prefer not to blow up, even a baby explosion, if you could manage it, while I am over for company," he said, with a slightly wry look. "It would be most appreciated."

"I will try...I will try, though usually things blow up when I do not intend them to...but I will certainly give it my best."
The artificer said with a big smile.

"My pater might feel that whatever transpired between you does not negate the terms of your service, that he wishes to pay you regardless as he values it. I would not put words into his mouth that are not his own however. Especially as I don't know what lay between you and it is not my business."

"Your mentor...and George Steelhaven...saved me from going Marauder. and stopped me from doing more harm..."
Laisa said and looked away, it was clear this was a painful memory and she quickly changed the topic.
"Well whatever he needs done that my House can provide...I will make sure is done."
The Mercere promised softly.

"You may call me Adley, if you wish." He listened to her a moment and then frowned. "I see," he repeated, looking down and sighed.

"Then you must call me Laisa..."
The Mercere said and smiles, she looks at Gwen and sigh.
"By the Peripheral Code, the commentaries, rulings and guidelines of our Tradition, an apprentice is the property of their mentor, and he or she can do with their student as they wish, as long as they also provide instruction. In fact long before we joined the Traditions there where a Tribunal where a maga faced judgment for having tortured to death two of her own apprentices, there was an outrage but she was not punished as the Tribunal found that by law her apprentices where hers to do with as she pleased. Now when we joined the Traditions we had to moderate ourselves some, and by Tradition law even an apprentice is a member of the Traditions and so killing them for example, are illegal, there are however no laws that moderate how far a teacher may go in disciplining their apprentices. Most never go past a sound switching, and when I was a Tytalus and trained apprentices I gave mine the switch a few times as well, but this...what have been done to Gwen go far beyond that, this is abuse...but with no legal backing to keep her there is nothing I can do."
Laisa said and sigh.
"Hopefully the girl is strong enough not to be broken by this treatment for Alphonse is a decent teacher and I do think he care about the girl...but I fear for her."

"A vampire?" He rubbed a hand through his hair. "Wonderful, just what we need." He took the letter and put it away. "I'll have to tell my pater. At any rate, I would not be able to contact him until later tonight, perhaps after his class...but please do keep an eye on Hank. I don't know for sure it is about him, as you said. But Lenoe -is- a philosophy professor. I thought it best you knew just in case, though it might not be time to pull Hank away. I can't make that decision for you but I think it's a good idea to have an eye on him who knows what Lenoe is.

"I owe you a favor Adley for telling me, I am going to have someone keep an eye on my apprentice just in case, I will not let anything happen to him."
Laisa said and she gave Adley a grateful smile.
"No we do not know this is about Hank, we know very little beyond what is in the letter, but it is better to be safe than sorry."

And if it is not Hank, yet is actually another young mage he knows of and not some ruse, then perhaps he really does need assistance." He frowned. "Can you tell me what you know about Lenoe?

"We can not afford to ignore the letter in case there really are a mage that need assistance, it may be he cares for one, or more likely that he hope to get favors by helping one of our own. We do not know much about Lenoe, we have noticed him when moving through the university to and from the Chantry and simple arts have revealed what he is. He keep himself to himself, seam to be well liked by his students and he have never caused a problem as such. But being what he is, he is a problem just by existing."
Laisa sigh and shakes her head.
"Perhaps I should not say that, I am sure that is what the Union say about us as well, perhaps I should be more tolerant...but I fear I can never trust his kind."

Then I'm afraid I must leave, I have class myself and a meeting directly after that I must attend," he said apologetically. "If I find anything more about him, I will let you know as soon as I can of course. What is the best way to keep in contact with you, given that phones don't work in the Chantry?"

"Off course, I will not keep you, and I need to speak with Alphonse in either case. You can send a spirit with a message and I will go outside in the hallway and call you. If you send this gaffling here, she often deliver such messages for us."
Laisa quickly wrote down a name, with a description of how it should be pronounced, on a piece of paper and handed it to Adley.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:56 pm

"Well learning more about spirits would be useful but I suspect that since my art is so physical that might not be for me." The young Verditius said."My House tend to be good learners of magickal arts, but we can only employ them though artifacts, but yes I would be willing to make you armor for lessons about spirits and how to see them."

"Artifacts...well, if you still wish to learn then perhaps you and I can find a way to bridge that gap. However it is useful to communicate with spirits here, they are often employed. However if that is not satisfactory we can find some other payment when we speak next."

"I will try...I will try, though usually things blow up when I do not intend them to...but I will certainly give it my best." The artificer said with a big smile.

He had to give a small laugh at that. "It seems to be the way of it."

"Your mentor...and George Steelhaven...saved me from going Marauder. and stopped me from doing more harm..." Laisa said and looked away, it was clear this was a painful memory and she quickly changed the topic. "Well whatever he needs done that my House can provide...I will make sure is done."

"I am glad you are well now as I am sure my pater is also. I hope I did not compel you to tell me something you did not wish, I meant it when I said it was not my business."

"Then you must call me Laisa..." The Mercere said and smiles, she looks at Gwen and sigh.

He nodded. "Laisa."

"...what have been done to Gwen go far beyond that, this is abuse...but with no legal backing to keep her there is nothing I can do." Laisa said and sigh. "Hopefully the girl is strong enough not to be broken by this treatment for Alphonse is a decent teacher and I do think he care about the girl...but I fear for her."

"She is to be Flambeau, she will survive." Still, he did not seem to like what he had heard. Peripheral Code or not, this was difficult to witness. He sighed. "Unless there is a particularly ranked and invested Bonisagus who has an especial interest in Gwen and find her valuable to their studies...and willing to revive a hardly used section of the Code of Hermes, which the Peripheral can't override, then it seems she will be going back to Master Dupuis. Of course, she may still wish to learn from him, as you said, if he is a good teacher and she wishes to be Flambeau."

"I owe you a favor Adley for telling me, I am going to have someone keep an eye on my apprentice just in case, I will not let anything happen to him."
Laisa said and she gave Adley a grateful smile. "No we do not know this is about Hank, we know very little beyond what is in the letter, but it is better to be safe than sorry."

"There is no need to thank me," he said, feeling as if he were doing his duty and besides most of this was speculation for now. "Though if you happen to know if there are more night folk at the University that I should be aware of, please let me know." It stood to reason he was going to have to do a check of his own as well.

"We can not afford to ignore the letter in case there really are a mage that need assistance, it may be he cares for one, or more likely that he hope to get favors by helping one of our own. We do not know much about Lenoe, we have noticed him when moving through the university to and from the Chantry and simple arts have revealed what he is. He keep himself to himself, seam to be well liked by his students and he have never caused a problem as such. But being what he is, he is a problem just by existing."

"Very well," he said. Not much to go on, who knew how old this massawa was or how powerful? Or what his true agenda was.

"Perhaps I should not say that, I am sure that is what the Union say about us as well, perhaps I should be more tolerant...but I fear I can never trust his kind."

Adley gave her a slightly wry look. "Any letter that says 'I mean you no harm' but starts with 'I know what you are' tends to put me on guard."

"Off course, I will not keep you, and I need to speak with Alphonse in either case. You can send a spirit with a message and I will go outside in the hallway and call you. If you send this gaffling here, she often deliver such messages for us." Laisa quickly wrote down a name, with a description of how it should be pronounced, on a piece of paper and handed it to Adley.

"Thank you," he said, taking the paper. He made sure he could pronounce the Name and then put the paper away in a safe spot. He thought of the small troope of gafflings that were awaiting him back at the Chantry and then nodded to Laisa. "Good luck in your endeavors, sodalis." He turned to leave, rejoining Nico outside.

"Thank you for waiting, Nico." He smiled at her a little. What he'd seen in Laisa's study had done nothing to improve his mood but he was grateful to the woman for sparing her time to make sure he got out of the Chantry.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:40 pm

"Artifacts...well, if you still wish to learn then perhaps you and I can find a way to bridge that gap. However it is useful to communicate with spirits here, they are often employed. However if that is not satisfactory we can find some other payment when we speak next."

"I agree learning how to communicate with spirits would be most useful around here."
Nico said.
"And beside they are pretty interesting beings. Very well then we have a deal, I will make you some armor and you will try to teach me about spirits."
The artificer balanced her lunch and glass of milk in one hand with difficulty so she could reach out the other to to you to shake on it."

He had to give a small laugh at that. "It seems to be the way of it."
"So it do...so it do."
Nico said and grinned.

"I am glad you are well now as I am sure my pater is also. I hope I did not compel you to tell me something you did not wish, I meant it when I said it was not my business."

Laisa shook her head.
"Very few compel me to say what I do not wish to say, there are more to the story that I do not yet wish to...talk about, and yes I am well now, thank you."

"She is to be Flambeau, she will survive." Still, he did not seem to like what he had heard. Peripheral Code or not, this was difficult to witness. He sighed. "Unless there is a particularly ranked and invested Bonisagus who has an especial interest in Gwen and find her valuable to their studies...and willing to revive a hardly used section of the Code of Hermes, which the Peripheral can't override, then it seems she will be going back to Master Dupuis. Of course, she may still wish to learn from him, as you said, if he is a good teacher and she wishes to be Flambeau."

"Gwen came to me for help last night after her mentor beat her, but yes as you say there is little I can do, and I think given the choice...she would stay with him, few are more skilled in Ignem than Alphonse, a art this girl have a talent for, I just wish I could get him to...ease up on her some, there are other ways to punish a willful apprentice than to nearly beat her to death."
Laisa said and sigh.
"The situation is not an easy one, hopefully though she will become a strong mage one day, one who can stand on her own two feet."
The Mercere said it frustrated her when she could not help someone who was suffering.

"There is no need to thank me," he said, feeling as if he were doing his duty and besides most of this was speculation for now. "Though if you happen to know if there are more night folk at the University that I should be aware of, please let me know." It stood to reason he was going to have to do a check of his own as well.

"Some come and go, the university being a hubbub of activity, but no Lenoe is the only one I know of who are there regularly, that do off course not mean there are no more of them around, just that I do not know about them."

Adley gave her a slightly wry look. "Any letter that says 'I mean you no harm' but starts with 'I know what you are' tends to put me on guard."

Laisa gave a slight laugh making sure it was not loud so it would not disturb Gwen.
"Yes you have a point there Adley."

"Thank you," he said, taking the paper. He made sure he could pronounce the Name and then put the paper away in a safe spot. He thought of the small troope of gafflings that were awaiting him back at the Chantry and then nodded to Laisa. "Good luck in your endeavors, sodalis." He turned to leave, rejoining Nico outside.

"And yours as well Sodalis...good day."
Laisa said as you left.

"Thank you for waiting, Nico." He smiled at her a little. What he'd seen in Laisa's study had done nothing to improve his mood but he was grateful to the woman for sparing her time to make sure he got out of the Chantry.

Nico had finished her lunch, brushed crumbs of her hands as Adley left the Mercere's study.
"Oh no problem at all, ready to go back?"
The Verditus and she waited for a reply before she turned to lead the way back to the entrance hall.
"Well about what you spoke about earlier, if you get me armor you want me to work with I will get the job done, but it will take some time."
The artificer said and grin, she obviously enjoyed her work very much.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:51 pm

--- Thursday, Meeting ---
Colin sighed and sank a little back into his chair. "This is the sort of situation that makes me wish I was back in the war... At least, there I had the equipment to swiftly deal with threats, rather than sit and think and try to depend on diplomatic channels."
He sighed again.
"I guess it is rather futile to wish the D'Angelos were to find themselves suddenly preoccupied with higher-priority problems than a sweet little Widderslainte for a few months?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Colin sighed and sank a little back into his chair. "This is the sort of situation that makes me wish I was back in the war... At least, there I had the equipment to swiftly deal with threats, rather than sit and think and try to depend on diplomatic channels."

Colin got a grin from Amadeus, apperantly he approved of the idea of swiftly dealing with the D'Angelos, the old Verbena said nothing though.

He sighed again.
"I guess it is rather futile to wish the D'Angelos were to find themselves suddenly preoccupied with higher-priority problems than a sweet little Widderslainte for a few months?"

"You would believe the Nephandi epidemic we seam to be having in Boston at the moment should be enough to keep at least Vittoria D'Angelo busy."
Commented Amadeus dryly. George sigh.
"It seam they are rather set in their ways though, however if we can prove any misconduct in Miss Florentine's case or we can create enough of a outcry at the scandal to make those in high places take notice, then we might give them something to be preoccupied with."
The ancient mage said.

Beatrice smiles at little when Colin call her sweet then she says.
"If we can find out more about the Nephandi so that we can get closer to capturing them, perhaps that will give the D'Angelos something else to think about."
The young Verbena commented. Jeffry nods.
"Perhaps the problem is that they know that the Nephandi will be dealt with if captured...you however are safe unless you step out of line...or they manipulate the ruling to take you down, meaning in their fanatical minds you probably have higher priority."
The old mage said and Beatrice looked rather frightened and disheartened but she managed to force a smile to her lips as she commented wryly.
"Well I guess it is nice to be wanted, however somehow I do not think this is what my mother had in mind when she told me I would be popular one day."
Beatrice's smiles quickly fade, her own attempt at wry humor did not really make her feel any better.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:04 pm

Ok then. Take care, friend. Well meet back there. Tane said and went over to Rosa's car. Could we wait a little until i have sung the songs?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Coawa nods to Tane.
"Be careful my friend."
The wereshark said in a tone of voice that said he did not yet trust these new mage allies of Tane's.

Rosa looks at Tane when he get into the car.
"Yes no problem but if it will take more than a moment or two I should probably call Ryan and ask them to wait a well so we do not loose track of one another in traffic on our way to the marches."
The newly Awakened mage comment with a smile to Tane, she had no idea what the songs was but if the older mage found them important, sure she could wait for a little bit, even if she was anxious to get out of the airport area.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:12 am

"I agree learning how to communicate with spirits would be most useful around here." Nico said."And beside they are pretty interesting beings. Very well then we have a deal, I will make you some armor and you will try to teach me about spirits." The artificer balanced her lunch and glass of milk in one hand with difficulty so she could reach out the other to to you to shake on it.

"We'll have to hammer out the details. And there are certain things that might take priority, such as emergencies. But let's say we have a tentative deal," he agreed, giving her a handshake. "Unfortunately, my time is rather limited at present I never seem to have enough of it these last few days. I would not want to promise you something that I had no intention of keeping of course I am a man of my Word but I'm not entirely sure when all this will come together yet."

Laisa shook her head. "Very few compel me to say what I do not wish to say, there are more to the story that I do not yet wish to...talk about, and yes I am well now, thank you.

He nodded at that, having nothing more to add. It was clear she didn't want to think about it and he could not blame her. He was simply glad to know she was healthy now.

"Gwen came to me for help last night after her mentor beat her, but yes as you say there is little I can do, and I think given the choice...she would stay with him, few are more skilled in Ignem than Alphonse, a art this girl have a talent for, I just wish I could get him to...ease up on her some, there are other ways to punish a willful apprentice than to nearly beat her to death." Laisa said and sigh.

He couldn't imagine that the Deacon was taking her well-meaning interference very well. He just frowned at what he heard and thought again how much it mattered which mentor one got. He wondered what he'd have turned out like with Master Dupuis; he'd been older than the average apprentice, perhaps that was why his pater had chosen different disciplinary action or perhaps he was not a brutal, savage man though he was powerful.

"The situation is not an easy one, hopefully though she will become a strong mage one day, one who can stand on her own two feet." The Mercere said it frustrated her when she could not help someone who was suffering...

"No, it is not." But they were Flambeau and each of them had their own tests and weaknesses to overcome; suffering was inevitable, given they were at war. But he still couldn't quite stop himself from looking over at the girl once more before he left.

"Some come and go, the university being a hubbub of activity, but no Lenoe is the only one I know of who are there regularly, that do off course not mean there are no more of them around, just that I do not know about them."

Besides himself, he noted. "I understand."

"Oh no problem at all, ready to go back?" The Verditus and she waited for a reply before she turned to lead the way back to the entrance hall. "Well about what you spoke about earlier, if you get me armor you want me to work with I will get the job done, but it will take some time."

"Yes, I'm ready." He tried to see if he knew the way back without her help, reinforcing what he'd learned about the maze so far. "I will do that, as it said it will probably take some time on my end as well but I am glad to know that we have laid out the basics."

(meeting)
Amadeus said nothing more but he glared at you non the less. Beatrice gave you a small, apologetic smile for the way her mentor spoke to you.

He sat there, glared at and looked back at the other mage as long as he could without backing down or making a scene, not exactly challenging but not having anything to hide or feeling as if he should be getting such a glare, as if he were trying to ignore it altogether. After all, he was here to help Beatrice as well, even if the old magus, likely Diedne, believed it or not. There were no less than three Hermetics at the table all trying to help Beatrice, two Flambeau and a Guernicus Primus. The elder Verbena was much more powerful than he was but he didn't want the man to think he could simply glare at him and make him cower, especially when he was trying to concede to his point.

George: "No, the only other institution that would be over them when it comes to legal issues are a Quaesitors Tribunal where the Judges meet and discuss the misconduct of one of their own, other senior Judges to off course would have the same authority as them, and age matters, an older Quaesitor could overrule them, but there are not that many mages fit to serve as judges that are older than that pair who are still on Earth due to Paradox." George explained. "Now their authority go only as far as the law and enforcing the law, but within that sphere of influence only a Tribunal of their peers, and older judge our Primus and the Nine are above them."

"I see."

"This is a different kind of battle," he said, with a frown, more to himself than anyone. It wasn't one he'd been prepared to fight, either. He was no lawyer and though he had an understanding of language, politics and the judicial system were two battle theatres he'd yet to grasp fully. And when going against those that ate breathed these environmets, even with the aid of intelligent and influential mages of their own Chantry, it was proving to be something of a quagmire to get these judges off Beatrice's back.

Colin: "I guess it is rather futile to wish the D'Angelos were to find themselves suddenly preoccupied with higher-priority problems than a sweet little Widderslainte for a few months?"
Amadeus: "You would believe the Nephandi epidemic we seam to be having in Boston at the moment should be enough to keep at least Vittoria D'Angelo busy."
George: "It seam they are rather set in their ways though, however if we can prove any misconduct in Miss Florentine's case or we can create enough of a outcry at the scandal to make those in high places take notice, then we might give them something to be preoccupied with."
Beatrice: If we can find out more about the Nephandi so that we can get closer to capturing them, perhaps that will give the D'Angelos something else to think about."

"So, for the moment we can add routing out the Labyrinth, which is something we were already working on. It is also something Lux Iternis is set to doing...while I don't want to make it seem as if it is a primary reason to route them, if we are able to spearhead it, then it will be all the better for Beatrice as well as our Chantry's safety. And that of the area, it seems as if this group is making haste and trying to reach out to gain membership." He looked over at his mentor.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:35 am

Tell them to wait then. Tane started to run his fingers over one of his tatoos, the one with the eye shape.
With it, he started to give out a little song that was sad and profane, seeking dark spirits around us.

Arete 3: 5 2 10
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:11 am

Adley Lux Itineris:

"We'll have to hammer out the details. And there are certain things that might take priority, such as emergencies. But let's say we have a tentative deal," he agreed, giving her a handshake. "Unfortunately, my time is rather limited at present I never seem to have enough of it these last few days. I would not want to promise you something that I had no intention of keeping of course I am a man of my Word but I'm not entirely sure when all this will come together yet."

"Yes there are details we have to work out and I understand that you might not have the time right away, not with all that is going on, I hear rumors of Nephandi, and that a member of your Chantry are in trouble with D'Angelo, and judging by the guests she have invited here, rather serious trouble. We can work out the details of when both of us shall perform our part of the deal later."
Nico said with a smile, her chubby hand was calloused from many hours of hard work in her laboratory.

"No, it is not." But they were Flambeau and each of them had their own tests and weaknesses to overcome; suffering was inevitable, given they were at war. But he still couldn't quite stop himself from looking over at the girl once more before he left.

Laisa said nothing more on the topic but she sigh. You see Gwen have twisted slightly in her sleep, she was still struggling a bit with her breath and she whimpered softly as she tuned her head, still sleeping. You had not seen any of the mentors who did use corporal punishment hurting their students like this. Amadeus for example had switched Beatrice a few times during the three years you had known her, none of the times had it resulted in her more than wincing when sitting, she had never needed medical attention nor really seamed upset other than at herself for whatever he had done to earn her mentor's punishment. Darrian the Solificati to had an apprentice and you had seen the teenage boy be careful about where he leaned his back a few days after he and two other young mages had left the Chantry without leave, putting themselves in danger, but he had not been hurt, not like this. Gwen looked like her mentor literary had been inches from ending her life.

"Yes, I'm ready." He tried to see if he knew the way back without her help, reinforcing what he'd learned about the maze so far. "I will do that, as it said it will probably take some time on my end as well but I am glad to know that we have laid out the basics."

You manage to follow the decorations and clues for the most part but need Nico's help at part of the maze like hallways.
"Just come when you are ready, I can not imagine my plans will be much different, I will be working in my lab, it is what I do."
The Verditius said and smile.
"I am going to a Tribunal for members of my House, more of a conference really but we are calling it it a Tribunal to sound important, in November, before that you can drop by at any time."
The artificer said in a friendly tone of voice. Once you where back at the entrance hall she said.
"Well then I will go back to my lab...unless you needed me for something else, but it have been nice having a chat. Oh and do say hello to Bruce, it is not that often I meet someone so compatible to me in terms of Paradigm."
The rebis said and gave an exited grin.
"I would love to work with him."

Adley meeting:

He sat there, glared at and looked back at the other mage as long as he could without backing down or making a scene, not exactly challenging but not having anything to hide or feeling as if he should be getting such a glare, as if he were trying to ignore it altogether. After all, he was here to help Beatrice as well, even if the old magus, likely Diedne, believed it or not. There were no less than three Hermetics at the table all trying to help Beatrice, two Flambeau and a Guernicus Primus. The elder Verbena was much more powerful than he was but he didn't want the man to think he could simply glare at him and make him cower, especially when he was trying to concede to his point.

There where hatred in Amadeus blue eyes and old hatred and he glared at you for a while but then his gaze when to Beatrice and his expression softened a bit as if he suddenly remembered you where there to help her, he still glared at you for a while, but then he finally stopped and took a sip of his coffee seeming conflicted in his hatred when there where three Hermetics here actually trying to help hi daughter, with a sigh Amadeus looked away to give his attention to the next person who spoke.

"So, for the moment we can add routing out the Labyrinth, which is something we were already working on. It is also something Lux Iternis is set to doing...while I don't want to make it seem as if it is a primary reason to route them, if we are able to spearhead it, then it will be all the better for Beatrice as well as our Chantry's safety. And that of the area, it seems as if this group is making haste and trying to reach out to gain membership." He looked over at his mentor.

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Agreed and it worry me why they are in such a hurry, the Fallen are usually more subtle than that, they work a target over time finding something to tempt them with and their influence slowly grows so you do not notice them until they are ready to strike."
The old war mage said then he leaned back in his chair.
"I think we need to find this Lisa person and get all the information we can out of her, perhaps then we can find the Labyrinth and yes that might finally give D'Angelo something else to worry about than Miss Alexander here, besides this Chantry and your Cabal working actively against the Nephandi will show that Miss Alexander is not one of them."
The old war mage said.
"I just wished I knew who this Lisa Larson's next target is, for if so we could lay a trap for her and capture her, but I do not want to use Mr Darehill as bait."

Beatrice looked a bit concerned about that she leaned closer to Adley and whispered.
"Are the Nephandi after Ryan? Is he okey?"
The young Verbena said, thinking of the trouble her sister had told her about yesterday and wondering if it where connected.

Tane, Bianca and Colin airport:

Rosa picked up her phone and called Ryan.
"One moment guys, ehm...Tane was it, want to do some ritual first."
The young Cultist said.
"It should not take to long, but I do not think we should get separated in traffic right now."

Ryan picked up his phone and replied.
"Yeah sure but tell him to hurry it up, I want to get out of here as soon as possible."
To the others in the car he muttered.
"We have to wait for the others for a moment, apparently Tane is doing a ritual...so magick pit stop...before we even get going, it should not take long."

Tane you see a thing standing right outside the car looking in at you, and it is a horror to behold, it was a lesser jaggling, it had the shape of a man but it had been tortured and twisted, dark, eyeless snakes grew out of deep gashes in it's body, the jaggling's head lolled to the side while the serpents controlled it's actions and it groaned in pain where it stood.
"Heeeøp meee..."
The spirit whispered but the snakes showed no mercy, they tuned their attention to you and hissed, black, tar like venom dripping from their fangs as they drove their victim to stalk you and your party. The song of the jaggling was one of pain, of broken hope and shattered dreams while the snake made for dark, unpleasant tones of decay and corruption.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:58 am

"Yes there are details we have to work out and I understand that you might not have the time right away, not with all that is going on, I hear rumors of Nephandi, and that a member of your Chantry are in trouble with D'Angelo, and judging by the guests she have invited here, rather serious trouble. We can work out the details of when both of us shall perform our part of the deal later."

"Adding fuel to the notion that nothing travels quite as fast as bad news and gossip,' he said with a frown. He wondered just how many visitors she'd gotten, how many in support of her and were ready to take action. It would be impossible to know for sure and asking for details would put Nico in a bad spot, though he couldn't help but look interested.

"I am going to a Tribunal for members of my House, more of a conference really but we are calling it it a Tribunal to sound important, in November, before that you can drop by at any time." The artificer said in a friendly tone of voice. Once you where back at the entrance hall she said. "Well then I will go back to my lab...unless you needed me for something else, but it have been nice having a chat. Oh and do say hello to Bruce, it is not that often I meet someone so compatible to me in terms of Paradigm." The rebis said and gave an exited grin. "I would love to work with him."

"I can find my way from here, thank you again," he said to Nico, as they approached the entry. "I certainly hope to see you before your Tribunal, though" he said. "I'll let Bruce know that you are interested in working with him," he said. "And it was nice talking with you," he added with a small smile, because it had been. It was perhaps one of the most pleasant parts of the trip back to Lux Iternis, considering all the rest he'd learned. Then he turned towards the mural where the gate opened, ready to call Uragi back to request to be let through, careful to check to see if the way was clear. From there his plan was to go to his Linguistics class.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:59 am

"Adding fuel to the notion that nothing travels quite as fast as bad news and gossip,' he said with a frown. He wondered just how many visitors she'd gotten, how many in support of her and were ready to take action. It would be impossible to know for sure and asking for details would put Nico in a bad spot, though he couldn't help but look interested.

"Yeah and if it is one thing mages can do, it is gossip."
Nico said and grinned.
"But then you have to wonder what kind of trouble your Chantry member have gotten themselves in, I will not ask you as I know that is the kind of thing you might not want to talk about, but with this mange judges...well that is a bit scary actually."

"I can find my way from here, thank you again," he said to Nico, as they approached the entry. "I certainly hope to see you before your Tribunal, though" he said. "I'll let Bruce know that you are interested in working with him," he said. "And it was nice talking with you," he added with a small smile, because it had been.

Nico smiles and waves to to.
"I hope to see you before then to, making armor is such fun, I am pretty good with metals, though I am better with glass and ceramics."
The young Verditius say before she turn and head back to her workshop.

You call Uragi and are let out, the spider spirit showing you the same enthusiasm as usual, stomping it's feet joyfully before retreating again into it's shadow filled home in the Umbra. You get to your class just in time to not look like you just got there before the students arrive. The class itself is rather standard, some of the students are there just because their parents demand they go to university and they look rather bored but most of those in your class is actually interested in the topic at hand, they vary in skill off course, some pick up the material quickly while others seam to have a problem grasping the languages. Nothing truly eventful happens though, it is a class like one you have taught so many times, and soon it is over, the last question have been asked and the students are milling out of the classroom talking eagerly with one another or hurrying to the next class.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:56 pm

"But then you have to wonder what kind of trouble your Chantry member have gotten themselves in, I will not ask you as I know that is the kind of thing you might not want to talk about, but with this mage judges...well that is a bit scary actually."

He frowned again at Nico but she was correct, he was glad she didn't ask, as he would not speak of it here, not when he was walking around Lux Iternis.

Nico smiles and waves to to. "I hope to see you before then to, making armor is such fun, I am pretty good with metals, though I am better with glass and ceramics." The young Verditius say before she turn and head back to her workshop.

"Ceramics..."he said musing, then nodded to her. He supposed the trauma plates could be ceramic-based. He'd have to research it more. Of course he had the practical matter of fixing his car first. No doubt that would not come cheaply either. As he went through the Gate he realised that some of the guardian's behaviours seemed to relate to its temperament. It was pleased to see him and did this little 'dance' for lack of a better term before it left. He smiled a little to Uragi and then went to his class.

As he released everyone, he checked his phone to see who was going to pick him up. It was still embarrassing to him but he had to keep things in perspective. Better to be embarrassed and indebted than dead. For him the fact others were hurt due to his actions was worse than his embarrassment; his mentor had not punished him further but sought to correct his flaws and weaknesses. Gwen...he could not help but wonder what she had done to earn so much ire from the Deacon and even then...it had seemed so excessive. He waited for any questions on the lecture or homework assignment as he usually did and then began to pack up his things.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:21 pm

You have one message on your phone, written in your mentor's usual letter like format.

"Mea Filius
I have asked Antonio to pick you up after your class.
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan"

Antonio where one of the few members of the Chantry that your mentor use the first name of, the scholar was also a Hermetic and so the two where friends and a Adeptus Major where of high enough rank that they could allow themselves to be on first name basis.

(OOC: Tomorrow I will be going on vacation to my mother's place so I will not be able to post as much as usual until the 17th when I go back home, however I should be able to get a couple of posts in a day anyway, though if the weather is nice we might go camping for a couple of days and then I will be without internet, just to let you guys know, but I will post as much as I can to keep the game going while I am on vacation. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:27 pm

Tane grinned when he saw the monsters torturing that poor soul. If anything happens, just go. Be ready at any moment to flee. He told the girl and got out of the car. He couldn't let those snakes free, not only for that spirit (it could be too late for it already) but for everyone they could come across. Also, it coud be a Nephand's trap, but... Then he could take care of it.
OK fucking abortions of nature, it's your time. Atonga, give me strength. ASked Tane, and started to sing a war song. One to intigue fear upon the monsters, and that could force it to stay still.
He took out the sword and got close to the spirits.

(what i want to do is force the snakes to show their head out of the spirit and then don't move, so i can cut their heads. Random.org says Quintessence 3: 10, 6, 10 Fuck yeah, throwed again just for fun and was a 1 XD)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Rosa looks a bit worried when you step out of the car but she nods to you. As you begin to sing the snakes focus their gaze on you an as your song continue they poise to strike, the entity hesitate but then it strikes at you, you do manage to force the spirit snakes to stay still though and you swing your sword at them, but while the creature flinches little damage is done as the entity are in the Umbra while you are in the physical world looking out into the spirit world, if you hoped to do damage to the snake entity you either had to pull it into the physical world and force it to manifest or step sideways yourself.

A pair of women who had just parked their car gasp as they see you stand there, slicing at something they can not see with a sword and they hurry away from the parking lot and look quite frightened.

The snake creature, or creatures, you are not quite sure if it is one entity with several heads or many smaller spirits begin to fight against your hold on it, though you still hold it still, eventually it will break free. The poor host spirit scream in pain as the snakes struggle, as they draw the energy they need to fight you from their victim, destroying a bit more of it in the process.

(OOC: I assume here that Tane did not step over into the Spirit world to attack the snakes, or that he partly showed his sword though to attack the Spirit since you did not mention doing that, however if that was what you meant I can re write my post but then your effect is vulgar with witness.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:51 pm

OOC: I didn't get the last thing. And i though it could hurt spirits since it is an spiritual weapon. If not, i simply use Prime to give it the ability to damage the patron itself, so i think they shoudn't scape.
If not, ¿is there a way to use something in both sides? Like creating the parallel in the other world.

Still, the sword dealt agg because it hurted the spirit itself, i would think it kills the snakes.

Could i simply "Exorcise" the snakes?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:08 pm

(OOC: It can hurt spirits but you have to be on the same plane, you are looking into the Umbra, but Tane have to either step into the Umbra himself or drag the spirit and the snakes into the physical word. Think of it like in Silent Hill yes, if you have a creature in the dark world you will not be able to affect it in the normal world unless you change places, the same, looking at a spirit in the Umbra do not mean you can hit it with a sword as it is in the spirit world, not the physical one.

You can not destroy a spirit with your sword in the Umbra as you can not destroy Ephemera, but enough damage and especially aggravated will banish it and send it back where it came from. A manifested spirit however can be killed.

You can use Spirit and Prime in a separate rote to let the sword also have a existence in the Umbra, and so be able to affect the snakes, but that is a rote of it's own so you either have to hold the snakes still or cast the rote on the blade or try to cast two rotes at once which is difficult, you can do this so the blade still look physical though and avoid it being vulgar.

How long do Tane's song take by the way, for one rote?

Yes you can do a banishing ritual on the snakes, and you can do that through the Gauntlet and affect the entity while it is still in the Umbra and it would be Coincidental as the effect would not do something physical that the consensus see as impossible.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Adley will walk out to the lot to meet Antonio, keeping a lookout.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next