Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

+3
Caedus
Jaq
Ashan101
7 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:00 pm

You see Antonio's car outside on the parking lot, the Shaea was reading a book while he sat waiting for you. Antonio was a handsome man with a thin face and slender frame, his eyes where black and his hair a very dark brown, it was fairly short but combed back from his face. The scribe was of Italian or Spanish ancestry, his last name Riez suggested Spanish though he had no accent when he spoke, the Shaea was a usually rather quiet, studious man who was usually seen with some text in his hands. The scribe looks up from his book when he see you arrive, he then put the book away and give you a smile.
"Mr Roth Hicks, are you ready to go?"
The Adeptus Major asked.
"Oh and I am picking my apprentice up from the university's book store as well if you do not mind, I do not want him to take the bus home alone with all the trouble that have been going on in the city lately."
Antonio said as you got in his car, he gave you a kind smile as he waited for your reply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Adley Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:14 am

He approached the car and got in, nodding to Antonio. "Yes, thank you for picking me up. And of course I don't mind, I didn't realise that he was attending the University. Perhaps I can return the favour sometime, at least when my car is fixed," he added. Then he said, "It's good you are keeping an eye out for him...what is he studying, if you don't mind me asking?" He was thinking of the vampire of course. It seemed there would have to be a bigger conversation, with all the apprentices attending school.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:00 am

"He is not attending not yet, he is in his final year in high school now and his class was at a...ehm school choice orientation today at the university, learning about what choices they have, Andrew called me afterwards and asked me if he could stay behind when they where left and check out the book store, I gave my permission but said he had to wait here then until I could pick him up."
The scribe said as he picked up his phone and sent a quick message, probably to his student before he started the car.
"I am sure you can return the favor at some time but do not worry about it, I would have had to pick up Andrew anyway, and here or his high school do not matter that much, it can be dangerous for a young mage to be on his own, especially now."
Antonio said as he drove towards the huge Barns and Noble that was located on the university grounds.
"As for what he is studying, well our House will expect him to study language and archeology, but I will let him make his own choice when the time comes, but I know he is interested in those topics, House Shaea use allot of written magick and so far he have shown an aptitude for it."
The Adeptus was clearly proud of his apprentice and he smiles as he stops before the large bookstore, there where a steady mill of students going to and from, and even people not connected to the university who came here for the size and selection on offer.

Soon you spot Andrew as he hurry towards the car, he was carrying a bag that was bulging in ways that showed that there where several large books in it. The young scribe was a lanky young man, his hair was red, short and messy and tended to fall into his sky blue eyes, his skin was pale and freckled. Andrew wore a white tshirt with a band logo and black jeans and he opened the car door and got in, immediately he begun talking to his mentor, he was quite exited.
"They have a huge section on Egypt and I even found a book about..."
Antonio interrupted the boy mildly rebuking him.
"Andrew we have company, say hello and be polite."
The apprentice sigh but he nods and turn his attention to you, he smiles and say.
"Sorry Mr Roth Hicks, I did not mean to be rude, hello."

You have seen Andrew around he Chantry, he is generally a quiet, polite boy, though he was having trouble accepting some of the limitations being a mage put on his freedom to just be a regular teenager.
"Oh yeah...you work here do you not Mr Roth Hicks?"
Andre asks as he looks trough his bag of new books and seam quite satisfied with his purchases.
"Nice place, I might be starting here next year."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:18 am

"I am sure you can return the favor at some time but do not worry about it, I would have had to pick up Andrew anyway, and here or his high school do not matter that much, it can be dangerous for a young mage to be on his own, especially now."

He nodded in agreement. "Yes; it was difficult enough before but right now it is good to be cautious."

"As for what he is studying, well our House will expect him to study language and archeology, but I will let him make his own choice when the time comes, but I know he is interested in those topics, House Shaea use allot of written magick and so far he have shown an aptitude for it."

"There are good language and linguistics programs at BU, solid selections. Of course, you might say I'm slightly biased," he said with a small smile. "The Origins of Writing class was interesting, at least when I took it with my professor. I can't be sure he is teaching it again this Fall," he mused.

"Andrew we have company, say hello and be polite." The apprentice sigh but he nods and turn his attention to you, he smiles and say. "Sorry Mr Roth Hicks, I did not mean to be rude, hello...Oh yeah...you work here do you not Mr Roth Hicks?" Andrew asks as he looks trough his bag of new books and seam quite satisfied with his purchases. "Nice place, I might be starting here next year."

Adley addressed Antionio's apprentice. "Good afternoon, Mr [Andrew's last name, if Adley knows it, or otherwise just Andrew]. Yes, I currently teach Classical Greek and Introduction to Linguistics. If you think the bookstore has a good selection of books, then you will be very happy to see the University library and archives. There is an entire section devoted to archeological books, journals, atlases and such called the Stone Science library."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:30 am

He nodded in agreement. "Yes; it was difficult enough before but right now it is good to be cautious."

"Yeah I mean I have tried to tip toe the line between keeping the boy safe and giving him his freedom, it have become a little easier now that he have learned some magick he can use to defend himself, but my House's main Paradigm is a slow one. However now with this Nephandi business, one just can not be to safe."
Antonio muttered.

"There are good language and linguistics programs at BU, solid selections. Of course, you might say I'm slightly biased," he said with a small smile. "The Origins of Writing class was interesting, at least when I took it with my professor. I can't be sure he is teaching it again this Fall," he mused.

"Thank you, I will recommend it to Andrew then, he have a knack for languages, one of the reasons I choose to Awaken him."
The scribe said.
"I am sure he would find those classes interesting."

Adley addressed Antionio's apprentice. "Good afternoon, Mr [Andrew's last name, if Adley knows it, or otherwise just Andrew]. Yes, I currently teach Classical Greek and Introduction to Linguistics. If you think the bookstore has a good selection of books, then you will be very happy to see the University library and archives. There is an entire section devoted to archeological books, journals, atlases and such called the Stone Science library."

Andrew's blue eyes light up when you mention the library and archives.
"That is awesome Mr Roth Hicks, my class briefly was shown the library but we where only in there for like five minutes but I would love to explore that place."
The young mage said then he shifted to Greek.
"I was told about the class you teach, my House expect me to further study linguistics, since we are supposed to serve as the Order's scribes and otherwise help House Bonisagus we need to know as many languages as possible."
The boy spoke well, there where a few mistakes but coming from a seventeen year old his pronunciations and grammar where quite impressive.
"They say our House's Prima speaks over frothy languages."
Andrew continued switching back to English.

(OOC: You know Andrew's last name, it is Callahan.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:11 am

"That is awesome Mr Roth Hicks, my class briefly was shown the library but we where only in there for like five minutes but I would love to explore that place." The young mage said then he shifted to Greek. "I was told about the class you teach, my House expect me to further study linguistics, since we are supposed to serve as the Order's scribes and otherwise help House Bonisagus we need to know as many languages as possible."

Adley seemed amused when he swapped over to Greek, noting his ability. He was good, maybe better than he was when he'd come to BU as a Freshman. <Greek> "It seems that I will be deprived of teaching you introductory Greek, Mr Callahan," he said. "You are likely to place out of it. Tell me, what other languages do you know?" he asked, curious. "There are over 20 languages currently on the regular curricula. There were more, but cutbacks." He shrugged. "They might surface again. Still, between that and the well structured Linguistics program, you would be on your way to making some initial headway to your Prima's current accolades if you decided to go with BU," he said with a small smile. "And five minutes is not long enough to see the first floor of the main library building never mind the special collections." He looked over at Antonio and nodded a bit in approval at his student's prowess, still amused at his enthusiasm.

// Have a good time Anja ^_^

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:37 am

<Greek> "It seems that I will be deprived of teaching you introductory Greek, Mr Callahan," he said. "You are likely to place out of it. Tell me, what other languages do you know?"

Andrew smiles a little.
"I speak Coptic, Greek and Latin in addition to English and Spanish."
The boy said and scratched his head.
"But I need to speak at least one more to be allowed to take my apprentice Gauntlet, House Shaea members must know at least five languages to be allowed full entry into the House however since men are less valued than women in our House it is recommended a male Shaea know seven to make up for it."
The young mage explained.
"Perhaps the House is overdoing it, but since we are not a founding House I think everyone are just fighting for the recognition the founding Houses get automatically, that and well since our magick is based on writing, it i useful."
Andrew said and smiles.
"Ehm Mr Roth Hicks can I ask you a question? I found this book and it is about the Thracian language and it's connection to other languages in the region in ancient times, I just flipped through it and there is this picture of an mural and my Avatar liked the picture so I got the book, I mean if it react to it then it might be something to look into right?"
The boy said and pulled a thick hardbound book out of the bag he was carrying and opened it to a page, the note said it was a mural found in a Roman home, probably belonging to a freed slave due to the bastardization between Thracian and Latin.
"I just can not read this."
Andrew said and pointed to the mural which showed a man and a woman dancing with two lines of writing under it."

Antonio sigh and glances at his apprentice in the rear view mirror as he drives.
"Now, now Andrew do not bother Mr Roth Hicks."
The scribe said and then addressed you.
"Forgive him Sodalis the boy have always been curious."

"There are over 20 languages currently on the regular curricula. There were more, but cutbacks." He shrugged. "They might surface again. Still, between that and the well structured Linguistics program, you would be on your way to making some initial headway to your Prima's current accolades if you decided to go with BU," he said with a small smile. "

Andrew looked quite interested and nodded.
"That is awesome."
The young mage said.
"I hope to pick up a few more languages and refine my skill in the ones I speak, that will better my chances of gaining enough status in the House when I graduate to get a position at the main Chantry in Cairo, not a good chance, but hey one is allowed to dream right? Not that the Cairo Chantry usually take men."
Andrew said and sigh.

"And five minutes is not long enough to see the first floor of the main library building never mind the special collections." He looked over at Antonio and nodded a bit in approval at his student's prowess, still amused at his enthusiasm.

Antonio gave a small, proud smile over your approving nod, he was clearly both proud and fond of his apprentice. Andrew gin when you mention the size of the library, he seams quite eager to see it.

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:01 am

"I speak Coptic, Greek and Latin in addition to English and Spanish." The boy said and scratched his head. "But I need to speak at least one more to be allowed to take my apprentice Gauntlet, House Shaea members must know at least five languages to be allowed full entry into the House however since men are less valued than women in our House it is recommended a male Shaea know seven to make up for it."

"I'm sure you will find another that interests you," he said.

"Ehm Mr Roth Hicks can I ask you a question? I found this book and it is about the Thracian language and it's connection to other languages in the region in ancient times, I just flipped through it and there is this picture of an mural and my Avatar liked the picture so I got the book, I mean if it react to it then it might be something to look into right? I just can not read this." Andrew said and pointed to the mural which showed a man and a woman dancing with two lines of writing under it.

"Now, now Andrew do not bother Mr Roth Hicks." The scribe said and then addressed you. "Forgive him Sodalis the boy have always been curious."

"I admit to being curious now as well. I would have a look at the book, unless you mind, of course. But it might be better for him to find the answer out for himself if his avatar is giving him a nudge.  -Perhaps- a hint would not go astray?" he said to Antonio, asking permission. "That is of course if I know anything about what it is..." he added.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:19 am

"I'm sure you will find another that interests you," he said.

Andrew smiles and nods.

"I admit to being curious now as well. I would have a look at the book, unless you mind, of course. But it might be better for him to find the answer out for himself if his avatar is giving him a nudge. -Perhaps- a hint would not go astray?" he said to Antonio, asking permission. "That is of course if I know anything about what it is..." he added.

Antonio gave a little nod to show that you had his permission to try to help his apprentice out with what had fascinated his Avatar so.
"I agree Sodalis a hint would not go astray, though the full meaning he should find for himself."

Andrew handed you the book, it was a hefty, heavy volume.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks...here"
The young mage said as he pointed to the picture.
"I recognize some of the words but they are so jumbled together with Thracian it is hard to make anything out."
The apprentice said.

You have seen such murals before, sometimes they where found in the homes of freed slaves praising their former owner for giving them freedom, both the figures and the writhing was crude, giving further credence to this theory.

(If you want to try to decipher the text please give me an intelligence plus Linguistics roll.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:50 am

"I recognize some of the words but they are so jumbled together with Thracian it is hard to make anything out." The apprentice said.

"Sh, sh, just let me have a look a moment, please Mr Callahan," he said mildly to forestall him a moment. He put the book in his lap with with a thump and looked at the mural of the dancing figures, then the writing down along the bottom of it, looking at the general shape of the lines - where they imperfectly created sentences, invocations, comments or graffiti, praises of certain people or gods, along the lines of murals he had seen before. Freed slaves giving praise for freedom, now in their own homes. Then he looked at the Thracian...a language plagued with uncertainty and classification disputes. Well, he could give it a moment, see if he could recognize anything about what else was mixed in here alongside it, crumpled in this seemingly crude mishmash. Not to mention it was a book and therefore the quality of the reproduction might matter than standing in front of it.

//9,2,9,1,10,6,4

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:56 am

--- Wednesday, Airport ---
Collin looked out the rear window at Tane crawling out of the car and beginning his work.
"What the devil is he... okay, looks like he's trying to clear the air a little. Or something."

--- Thursday, Meeting ---
Colin pondered, "On the subject of the Nephandi... recruitment drive, it would help to know why Mr. Darehill apparently was a particular target... and how they were able to target him. For some reason, I don't expect divinations would be all that effective; the Chantry should be protected against that sort of thing, should it not? Which leaves... inside information."

((OOC: Safe trip. Also, Colin wants a Primium-plated gunship now; seems like it'd be useful for getting rid of the D'Angelos, the Nephandi AND getting to Horizon a little cheaper, assuming a good navigator...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:20 am

Adley:

You read the two lines of text several times, after a while you get some of the meaning.
"I am Aticus my master gave me freedom, a house and a wife for save his life with my gift of blessing."
Then follow several lines that it is just impossible to make out, perhaps if you stood in front of the moral itself you could tell more but the words just look like mishmash, then there are a few more lines you manage to read.
"And I give thanks to the woman dressed in reeds that live inside of me."

Andrew looks at you while you read the line, he say nothing but is clearly eager to know if you can make something out of the jumbled words, the testament of a freed slave who decorated a wall in his home, something that once would have been unobtainable to him, with a record of how he had gotten his good fortune, a man who had lived and died over two thousand years ago.

Colin airport:

Ryan glanced back and sigh.
"Are our new Dreamspeaker friend waving around a sword in public back there?"
The Cultist said and sigh.
"For that is surly going to attract no attention at all, but then if he can get our stalker off our tail then it might be worth it, but then I am not eager to exchange angry spirit for angry policeman with a gun."
Ryan muttered.
"Perhaps I can work some magick on my own through and make our friend over there less...noticeable, give me a moment if you will Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist said before he took his ipod out of a pocket and put the ear plugs in and closes his eyes.

Colin meeting:

"What we know so far is that they need someone who study what we have labeled the Sphere of Time, as far as I know Mr Darehill are ranked as an Adept of that aspect of reality."
Jeffry commented then he sigh.
"Yes the Chantry are warded Mr Wainwright however it is important you watch who you speak to about this, I to fear there might be inside information, heaven knows I do not want to contemplate that option but I fear it may be so but before we know more spreading that worry will only cause allot of finger pointing, and I fear the one that will get pointed at the most are Miss Alexander, which is why we have put a spirit to the task of watching over her and be a witness to her actions."
The Security Chief said.
"But yes we do need to look into this."

(OOC: Thank you. Well if you are going to dream why not a full on armored Umbral battleship? Razz Yes cranky judges vs Primium plated Umbra ship...that tend to mean dead judges. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:59 am

(Then, i would like to make the sword get a reflection in the other side of the umbra WHILE holding the snakes. With all my Spiritual merits and things what would be my diff?)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:10 pm

(car)
Andrew looks at you while you read the line, he say nothing but is clearly eager to know if you can make something out of the jumbled words...

"Well, there are still gaps that I cannot discern, either the reproduction quality is not good enough, the symbols are worn or I do not recognize them the way they are set on some of these lines," he admitted after a moment, handing the book back to him. "However, the hint that I would give you are the following words: tribute and recognition. Perhaps you will be able to make more of it in time, Mr Callahan."

(meeting)
Colin pondered, "On the subject of the Nephandi... recruitment drive, it would help to know why Mr. Darehill apparently was a particular target... and how they were able to target him. For some reason, I don't expect divinations would be all that effective; the Chantry should be protected against that sort of thing, should it not? Which leaves... inside information."
Jeffry: "What we know so far is that they need someone who study what we have labeled the Sphere of Time, as far as I know Mr Darehill are ranked as an Adept of that aspect of reality."

Adley looked thoughtful and then speculated, "Perhaps it has to do with some of the information that we gathered earlier from our guest regarding their plans," he said, looking at his mentor to make sure it was alright to continue speaking about what they'd learned from the Technocratic apprentice. For the moment he said, "For example, some rituals and rites performed at certain times are thought to be more amenable to a favourable outcomes under certain paradigms. It may be in part that they want a mage that can manipulate time so that they can ensure good times for them to make their hits, on their end - when they are at their most potent potential and coordinate their forces, but also to perform rites with their caul that will lead to what they wish to manifest. And, barring paradox, the ability to try again if they do not get the result that they want."

// lol Warp, a one-stop shop eh? Better start saving up for the holidays for that much pew-pew! ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Tane:

(You are then doing two effects at one time, one have diff 7 the next one diff 8, you can do it as an extend roll though, each dice toss is then about 5 minutes but you can toss and collect successes for as long as you do not botch a roll.)

Adley car:

"Well, there are still gaps that I cannot discern, either the reproduction quality is not good enough, the symbols are worn or I do not recognize them the way they are set on some of these lines," he admitted after a moment, handing the book back to him. "However, the hint that I would give you are the following words: tribute and recognition. Perhaps you will be able to make more of it in time, Mr Callahan."

Andrew smiles and takes the book back.
"Thank you Sir, I really appreciate it."
The young mage looked at the picture in the book for a moment more then he put it back in the plastic bag with the rest of the books he had bought.

Antonio maneuvered his car into Steelhaven's garage and parked it.
"Ok Andrew do you have homework?"
The scribe asked and when the boy shook his head he said.
"Then you can go to your apartment and work on your incantations, I will make us some dinner later."
Antonio said and Andrew smiles and nods.
"Ok, I will go right now mentor."
He said before he gave you another smile.
"Thank you again Mr Roth Hicks and good day."
He said before he hurried into the Chantry. Antonio smiles to you.
"Well then we are here."
The scribe said as he left his car.
"Thank you for helping Andrew out with that text."
Antonio said as he begun walking into the Chantry.
"It was nice talking with you, give my best to Jeffry. Now if you do not mind I have to get dinner started, it seams apprentices needs to be fed as well and taught magick."
The scribe aid and grinned.

Meeting:

Adley looked thoughtful and then speculated, "Perhaps it has to do with some of the information that we gathered earlier from our guest regarding their plans," he said, looking at his mentor to make sure it was alright to continue speaking about what they'd learned from the Technocratic apprentice.

Jeffry gave a slight nod to give his approval.

For the moment he said, "For example, some rituals and rites performed at certain times are thought to be more amenable to a favourable outcomes under certain paradigms. It may be in part that they want a mage that can manipulate time so that they can ensure good times for them to make their hits, on their end - when they are at their most potent potential and coordinate their forces, but also to perform rites with their caul that will lead to what they wish to manifest. And, barring paradox, the ability to try again if they do not get the result that they want."

"I see that as a likely motivation for our enemies wanting a practitioner of time magick."
The old mage said.
"That or they are looking for a very specific sacrifice."
The Hermetic commented. Amadeus chimed in.
"Well our abilities are less powers and more understandings, it could be they need that particular understanding for a sacrifice, the Verbena have such rituals so it would not surprise me if the Fallen do as well."
The blood mage said and when Jeffy raised an eyebrow he added.
"Yes Morgan the Verbena, at least some factions of us do practice human sacrifice at times, however we generally sacrifice our own, and the sacrifices are consensual parts of the rituals."
The old Verbena explained, your mentor do not look pleased by what Amadeus was saying though he said nothing, this was not the time to create and argument on human sacrifice with Amadeus Nassa, especially if the sacrifices are willing participants.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:10 am

"Thank you again Mr Roth Hicks and good day." He said before he hurried into the Chantry

"You are quite welcome Mr Callahan, have a good day."

"Well then we are here." The scribe said as he left his car. "Thank you for helping Andrew out with that text." Antonio said as he begun walking into the Chantry. "It was nice talking with you, give my best to Jeffry. Now if you do not mind I have to get dinner started, it seams apprentices needs to be fed as well and taught magick."

"It was no bother, Mr Riez. I'm not sure how much help I was but I did not want to give away what he could learn for himself, in a deeper understanding with some time. Thank you for the ride, I will tell the Cheif you send his regards," he said, as he walked along with him inside. He looked over at Antonio with a smile. "It seems so and since he's a teenager I imagine his appetite is as voracious for books as food," he said, teasing a little. "You are a good mentor," he added almost as an afterthought. "Good day," he said, walking into the Chantry. "Ah, I don't suppose you might know if Mr Darehill is around right now?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:29 am

((OOC: Armored-up military helicopter gunship, definitely. Familiar controls, y'know.))

--- Thursday, Meeting ---
Colin snorted, and said in a tone of voice so dry it tracked a bit of sand across the floor, "Ah, yes, success demands blood, sweat, and human sacrifice. That worked out so well for the Mayan empire, did it not?"
Clearing his throat a bit, he added, "Sorry, that was a bit out of line... I can't deny the power of sacrifice, but I rather find it... distasteful. At any rate, as a stray thought that occurred to me - this Lisa Larson lost her... significant other the other day. Our Union guest in the cellar, or has she been moved? In any case, she speculated that the loss of her man might drive Lisa Larson to more... drastic measures. It seems plausible to me that in lieu of the corporeal remains of her partner, and with their apparently high disregard for Paradox, she might view Chronomancy as a possible means of recovering what she lost. I know, it sounds like an insane thing to try, but from the descriptions, this Larson woman seems to be rather poorly supplied with sanity to begin with..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:59 am

Adley:

"It was no bother, Mr Riez. I'm not sure how much help I was but I did not want to give away what he could learn for himself, in a deeper understanding with some time. Thank you for the ride, I will tell the Cheif you send his regards,"

"I appreciate it non the less, and the best learning is the one the boy manage to find for himself, those are lessons that will sink deeper than if he is just told things."
Antonio said.
"Ah good, thank you Mr Roth Hicks."

He looked over at Antonio with a smile. "It seems so and since he's a teenager I imagine his appetite is as voracious for books as food," he said, teasing a little.

The scribe smiles.
"Yes he have always loved books and learning, he is a smart kid and will be a fine mage one day. I worry sometimes though if I should have sent him to the Bonisagus rather than kept him as a student myself, my House do not have many openings for men and he will never get the same prestige in House Shaea as he would under House Bonisagus."
The Adeptus muttered as he walked with you into the Chantry.

"You are a good mentor," he added almost as an afterthought.

"Thank you."
The scribe said with a smile.
"I do not know about good, he is my first apprentice, but I try at least."

"Ah, I don't suppose you might know if Mr Darehill is around right now?"

"I do not know, if he is I suspect he is either studying or making dinner and waiting for Rosa to come home from her school, she is usually home around now, you could try his apartment."
Antonio said then he begun to head towards his own room.
"Good day Mr Roth Hicks."
He added again with a smile.

Colin and Adley meeting:

Colin snorted, and said in a tone of voice so dry it tracked a bit of sand across the floor, "Ah, yes, success demands blood, sweat, and human sacrifice. That worked out so well for the Mayan empire, did it not?"

Amadeus gave Colin a level look.
"Well actually Mr Wainwright the Mayans had some of the most powerful magi for their time, some of those old Masters are still around today in various factions."

Clearing his throat a bit, he added, "Sorry, that was a bit out of line... I can't deny the power of sacrifice, but I rather find it... distasteful.

"Yes I imagine most would find it so Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus commented dryly.

as a stray thought that occurred to me - this Lisa Larson lost her... significant other the other day. Our Union guest in the cellar, or has she been moved? In any case, she speculated that the loss of her man might drive Lisa Larson to more... drastic measures. It seems plausible to me that in lieu of the corporeal remains of her partner, and with their apparently high disregard for Paradox, she might view Chronomancy as a possible means of recovering what she lost. I know, it sounds like an insane thing to try, but from the descriptions, this Larson woman seems to be rather poorly supplied with sanity to begin with..."

"Agent Kessinger have been delivered back to the Union."
Jeffry said in a tone of voice that said very clearly that he was not happy about that fact.
"What you speak of would be insanity Mr Wainwright, yes Miss Larson have shown some disregard for Paradox but that can only go so far, especially since it appear that reality's stern little punishments affect the Fallen more than other magi. Now off course forcing another mage to acquire Paradox that is another thing, however outright rime Travel is outside of Mr Darehill's abilities unless he have become a Master of the Art recently and not told anyone."
Jeffry said as he glanced over at Colin.

Beatrice looked up, she seamed like if she wanted to ask about the Paradox affecting the Fallen worse than other mages comment, but she then decided it was not the time, she did wonder though if that was the reason why she always got backlashes and got Paradox sick when other mages who had been as vulgar as she had did not.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:13 am

"Yes he have always loved books and learning, he is a smart kid and will be a fine mage one day. I worry sometimes though if I should have sent him to the Bonisagus rather than kept him as a student myself, my House do not have many openings for men and he will never get the same prestige in House Shaea as he would under House Bonisagus."

"Perhaps. Or maybe he will not, he seems to truly love languages and he has you to set example for him."

"Thank you." The scribe said with a smile. "I do not know about good, he is my first apprentice, but I try at least."

"You care for his well being, development and advancement," he said. "At least, it seems to me."

"I do not know, if he is I suspect he is either studying or making dinner and waiting for Rosa to come home from her school, she is usually home around now, you could try his apartment." Antonio said then he begun to head towards his own room. "Good day Mr Roth Hicks."

"Thank you," he said with a tip of his head. "Perhaps sometime we can speak more." He checked to see how much time there was before the meeting. Really, he ought to tell his pater about Mr Lenoe, so he went off to do that first.

(meeting)

Amadeus: "Well our abilities are less powers and more understandings, it could be they need that particular understanding for a sacrifice, the Verbena have such rituals so it would not surprise me if the Fallen do as well. Yes Morgan the Verbena, at least some factions of us do practice human sacrifice at times, however we generally sacrifice our own, and the sacrifices are consensual parts of the rituals.
Colin snorted, and said in a tone of voice so dry it tracked a bit of sand across the floor, "Ah, yes, success demands blood, sweat, and human sacrifice. That worked out so well for the Mayan empire, did it not?" Clearing his throat a bit, he added, "Sorry, that was a bit out of line
Jeffry: "What you speak of would be insanity Mr Wainwright, yes Miss Larson have shown some disregard for Paradox but that can only go so far, especially since it appear that reality's stern little punishments affect the Fallen more than other magi. Now off course forcing another mage to acquire Paradox that is another thing, however outright rime Travel is outside of Mr Darehill's abilities unless he have become a Master of the Art recently and not told anyone."

Adley waited a moment before interjecting. "The Nephandi are recruiting rather aggressively. Pater, insane or not what the boy told us does lend credence to the idea that they have three definitive goals in mind. Why would they not think to use another mage to soak the damage or to as Master Nassa said, gain an understanding? Worse yet, whatever beings they are beholden to may have...preferences for sacrifices. If not Mr Darehill in particular, someone like him or with talent at his level or above. Again, speculation," he admitted, thinking of the qlippothic scrawlings on the wall of the villa. "They are clearly edging along the idea of free will, using anything they can to get followers into the caul. Still, as much as I think we do need to talk about the Nephandi problem and what we're going to do about them, it doesn't help Beatrice's case much to give in to too much conjecture without evidence. We know that we should rout them out, we know some of their goals and tactics. And the point of this item was to give the D'Angelos something more to chew on than Beatrice so we will have to turn up some of their membership somehow. So we will need to come up with a plan for both attack and defense. It is of course up to you whether that should start now, or if we should see if we've explored the avenues available to us concerning Beatrice's needs before turning over to that."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:32 am

"Perhaps. Or maybe he will not, he seems to truly love languages and he has you to set example for him."

Antonio nodded.
"Yes he do have a love for languages, he had that even before I met him, but at times I wonder. I never really had a choice in the matter my mother is of the House and when I became a teenager she Awakened and trained me, I have never had much political ambition, I just want to study, grow and be of service to the Order, but if Andrew have political aspirations, he will find them hard to accomplish in this House. But then it is what it is and I have not heard him complain about it."

"You care for his well being, development and advancement," he said. "At least, it seems to me."

"I do care for Andrew, I watched him Awaken, saw the understanding and wonder spring to life in his eyes, I stayed with him those first few days when he was both frightened and amazed by his own Epiphany, I do not think I ever will have children of my own, my apprentice is as close as I get."

"Thank you," he said with a tip of his head. "Perhaps sometime we can speak more." He checked to see how much time there was before the meeting. Really, he ought to tell his pater about Mr Lenoe, so he went off to do that first.

"I would like that Mr Roth Hicks."
Antonio said before he headed to the stairs to get to his apartment and start dinner.

You find you mentor in his office, he open the door when you knock and motion you inside.
"Adley, how was you class?"
The old mage asked as he poured a cup of coffee for you and put it on the desk in front of you before pouring one for himself as well.
"I asked Cita...ehm Miss Telar to have a look at Mr Sharaya and he gave his permission for me to tell you that that Spirit last night, it took all the Paradox in his system to summon. I know you have been worried about him so I thought you would like to know that there are no danger for further backlashes."
The old mage said and smiles a little.
"And now the two Virtual Adepts are having a discussion of something that apparently are magick, though it sounds like utter nonsense to me."
The old Hermetic said and grinned.
"I left them to their debate, it seamed to lift Narim's spirit."
Jeffry said, he might not like Technomagick but he had seen how shook up the Adept had been after last night and he was happy that the young Deacon had something to take his mind of his problems.
"Miss Telar also want to see you at your earliest convenience so she can have a look at your...problem."
The war mage said and from the tone of his voice it sounded like it would be a weight of his shoulders to know that you where well and safe and that he was concerned about your wellbeing.

"Now mea filius I assume you came to me with a concern, what can I do for you?"
The old mage asked as he sat down behind his desk.

Meeting:

Adley waited a moment before interjecting. "The Nephandi are recruiting rather aggressively. Pater, insane or not what the boy told us does lend credence to the idea that they have three definitive goals in mind. Why would they not think to use another mage to soak the damage or to as Master Nassa said, gain an understanding? Worse yet, whatever beings they are beholden to may have...preferences for sacrifices.

Jeffry nodded to what you where saying.
"Yes they have definitive goals in mind, that much is clear, what those goals is however we do not yet know. However it is not a bad idea if you are unscrupulous enough to force another mage to do the work that would gain you near fatal Paradox and I would not put that past the Fallen, we need to know more before we really can do anything but speculate on the Nephandi's goals however.

If not Mr Darehill in particular, someone like him or with talent at his level or above. Again, speculation," he admitted, thinking of the qlippothic scrawlings on the wall of the villa.

"That would be what I would put money on, that one or more of their dark masters want a sacrifice with an understanding of temporal magick."
The old war mage commented.

"They are clearly edging along the idea of free will, using anything they can to get followers into the caul.

"Yes the way I understand it, they can not physically or magickally place you in the Caul against your will, but anything that make you step in yourself are fair game."

Still, as much as I think we do need to talk about the Nephandi problem and what we're going to do about them, it doesn't help Beatrice's case much to give in to too much conjecture without evidence.

"Agreed."
Jeffry said and nodded.

We know that we should rout them out, we know some of their goals and tactics. And the point of this item was to give the D'Angelos something more to chew on than Beatrice so we will have to turn up some of their membership somehow. So we will need to come up with a plan for both attack and defense. It is of course up to you whether that should start now, or if we should see if we've explored the avenues available to us concerning Beatrice's needs before turning over to that."

"Since we are short on time I think we need to work several avenues at once. However the first priority right now is to get those court documents and try to contact the Masters that examined Susannah Florentine, so my suggestion would be that while Mr Wainwright handle that avenue, and Master Steelhaven speak with his contacts on Horizon, you and I make a plan for how we might be able to trace down some more of the Nephandi."
Jeffry Morgan said and looked at his apprentice.
"That way we will get the most done in the least amount of time."
At the end of the day the old war mage was a man of action, he valued discussing tactics, but then it was time to act and set plans in motion.
"We can discuss the Nephandi until the cows come home, but currently what we need to know is the situation on Horizon, the names of those Spirit Masters and more practical knowledge of both how to counteract the Nephandi and how to present them to the Deangelo's with nice bows on their corrupted little heads keeping the judges busy for a while."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:51 am

"Yes he do have a love for languages, he had that even before I met him, but at times I wonder. I never really had a choice in the matter my mother is of the House and when I became a teenager she Awakened and trained me, I have never had much political ambition, I just want to study, grow and be of service to the Order, but if Andrew have political aspirations, he will find them hard to accomplish in this House. But then it is what it is and I have not heard him complain about it."

"It would be a topic of conversation. He did not seem to be daunted by the additional requirements though it will make it harder for him."

"I do care for Andrew, I watched him Awaken, saw the understanding and wonder spring to life in his eyes, I stayed with him those first few days when he was both frightened and amazed by his own Epiphany, I do not think I ever will have children of my own, my apprentice is as close as I get."

He nodded. "It would be hard to part with him now, even if he were to go to a good House and be a worthy addition. That you think you would worry and consider it, despite it, says much of your care for him."

"I would like that Mr Roth Hicks." Antonio said

"You may call me Adley if you wish. Good evening."

"Adley, how was you class?" The old mage asked as he poured a cup of coffee for you and put it on the desk in front of you before pouring one for himself as well. "I asked Cita...ehm Miss Telar to have a look at Mr Sharaya and he gave his permission for me to tell you that that Spirit last night, it took all the Paradox in his system to summon. I know you have been worried about him so I thought you would like to know that there are no danger for further backlashes."

"It was...typical, thank you for asking." He took the coffee and drank down some of it gratefully. "Oh? That is good news. Bad news it manifested of course but at least the paradox he accrued is spent. Thank you for telling me. Now, just the scan on his brain remains to see him out of the woods." Adley was apparently not quite done worrying yet.

"And now the two Virtual Adepts are having a discussion of something that apparently are magick, though it sounds like utter nonsense to me." The old Hermetic said and grinned. "I left them to their debate, it seamed to lift Narim's spirit."

He smiled back. "Good. I'll try to go see him soon, though I don't want to ah...seem if I am bothering him."

"Miss Telar also want to see you at your earliest convenience so she can have a look at your...problem." The war mage said and from the tone of his voice it sounded like it would be a weight of his shoulders to know that you where well and safe and that he was concerned about your wellbeing.

He nodded. "After the meeting, if that makes the most sense," he suggested.

"Now mea filius I assume you came to me with a concern, what can I do for you?" The old mage asked as he sat down behind his desk.

"Unfortunately I seem to be a harbinger of bad news every time I head to Lux Iternis." He sat down and then took out the letter he'd received and held it out to him. "I was given this by one of my students. I don't believe she opened it which was lucky. After reading it I was concerned that it was referring to Ms Tarmen's apprentice, as he was taking Philosphy classes and Mr Lenoe is a philosophy teacher. After speaking with Laisa, she told me that it also happens that Mr Lenoe is a vampire, one that they have been watching but have yet to find a reason to burn." He frowned. "If it is Mr Jones, of course then it is a concern that she should know about so she is having him watched for the time being. But it also could be someone else, or a trap."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:03 am

"It would be a topic of conversation. He did not seem to be daunted by the additional requirements though it will make it harder for him."

"He do seam to be accepting of the requirements, he is hard working, if he at times have a problem with being a mage and a teenager, but I guess that was a issue for all of us who Awakened young at some point in time, he do not seam daunted by the challanges of our House, but I do worry for him."

He nodded. "It would be hard to part with him now, even if he were to go to a good House and be a worthy addition. That you think you would worry and consider it, despite it, says much of your care for him."

"He is very dear to me."
Antonio say and smiles.

"You may call me Adley if you wish. Good evening."

"Adley then, and then you may call me simply Antonio."
The scribe say and smiles.

"It was...typical, thank you for asking." He took the coffee and drank down some of it gratefully. "Oh? That is good news. Bad news it manifested of course but at least the paradox he accrued is spent. Thank you for telling me. Now, just the scan on his brain remains to see him out of the woods." Adley was apparently not quite done worrying yet.

"Yes hopefully his physical condition will be equally well."
Jeffry said and sipped his coffee.
"We will know that tomorrow, all in all given that those test are positive we donged a bullet, this could have gone allot worse...I have seen a Master of the Art deep in Quiet, it is not a...good thing."
The old mage said and sigh.
"Though what that Spirit did where disturbing, knowledge of space and locations can be regained after all."

He smiled back. "Good. I'll try to go see him soon, though I don't want to ah...seem if I am bothering him."

"I doubt Mr Sharaya would see it as if you are bothering him, he have always been a very social man."
The old mage said.
"I think he would welcome your visit."

He nodded. "After the meeting, if that makes the most sense," he suggested.

"It would seam to be a good time for it yes."

"Unfortunately I seem to be a harbinger of bad news every time I head to Lux Iternis."

"Ah well we where getting so much free time on our hands we hardly knew what to do with it all, another problem right now would be just perfect."
The old gruff mage commented sarcastically.

He sat down and then took out the letter he'd received and held it out to him. "I was given this by one of my students. I don't believe she opened it which was lucky. After reading it I was concerned that it was referring to Ms Tarmen's apprentice, as he was taking Philosphy classes and Mr Lenoe is a philosophy teacher. After speaking with Laisa, she told me that it also happens that Mr Lenoe is a vampire, one that they have been watching but have yet to find a reason to burn." He frowned. "If it is Mr Jones, of course then it is a concern that she should know about so she is having him watched for the time being. But it also could be someone else, or a trap."

The old war mage read the letter and he got a concerned look in his eyes.
"A vampire? Oh fantastic."
He muttered along with some choice words in Latin.
"You did the right thing bringing this to miss Tarmen, if it is her apprentice this letter is speaking about then she should know, let us hope that it is for if so then this...creature could just have noticed the boy's sombre mood and been concerned and that would be it, but something tells me it is not so easy."
The old mage said and sigh.
"It could be someone else, or a trap definitively, but I guess we have to find out, both for the same of whoever this man is talking about, but also for yours, if one of these creatures know what you are Adley, we need to know his intentions...or kill him."
The old mage said in a hard tone of voice, a vampire would get no mercy from him when the safety of his apprentice was on the line.
"I guess there is no ham in calling him at least and hearing what he want...but you need to be careful about this mea filius...tell me what do you know about these creatures?"
The old mage asked and looked up to look you in the eyes.
"Do you know how dangerous they are to our kind?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:59 pm

"We will know that tomorrow, all in all given that those test are positive we donged a bullet, this could have gone allot worse...I have seen a Master of the Art deep in Quiet, it is not a...good thing." The old mage said and sigh. "Though what that Spirit did where disturbing, knowledge of space and locations can be regained after all."

Adley raised an eyebrow at his mentor's chosen metaphor. Dodged a bullet, and someone had gotten hit by it in a completely different manner. But he couldn't let regret hold him back. For now he was just glad that the Master of Spirit had not found any more paradox or other problems for Narim.

"I doubt Mr Sharaya would see it as if you are bothering him, he have always been a very social man." The old mage said. "I think he would welcome your visit."

"I will try to stop by then," he said.

"Ah well we where getting so much free time on our hands we hardly knew what to do with it all, another problem right now would be just perfect."
The old gruff mage commented sarcastically.

"I know, you would think we have been cursed with a plethora of free time that the universe feels it must so completely fill the vacuum," he said, equally sarcastic.

"You did the right thing bringing this to miss Tarmen, if it is her apprentice this letter is speaking about then she should know, let us hope that it is for if so then this...creature could just have noticed the boy's sombre mood and been concerned and that would be it, but something tells me it is not so easy. It could be someone else, or a trap definitively, but I guess we have to find out, both for the same of whoever this man is talking about, but also for yours, if one of these creatures know what you are Adley, we need to know his intentions...or kill him."

"I don't expect it is that easy, either. Ms Tarmen did not have much information about Mr Lenoe, how powerful he was or what type of massasa he was. Just that he was one and had so far kept to himself. I agree we should find out, we have to, even if it will not be easy to know the mind of a vampire. Ms Tarmen suggested perhaps he will want a favor, or something in return if it turns out to be legitimate that there is a mage in distress."

"I guess there is no ham in calling him at least and hearing what he want...but you need to be careful about this mea filius...tell me what do you know about these creatures?" The old mage asked and looked up to look you in the eyes. "Do you know how dangerous they are to our kind?"

"Over the telephone, I don't see there will be much problem. But he wants to meet, probably in person. Meeting him alone would probably not be very wise as I know so little of him." He frowned as he was asked what he knew of vampires. "I know what you told me, pater. I recall you speaking of the Massasa war and House Tremere. That they are potentially very dangerous beings locked into a state of stagnant undeath. That being turned into a vampire is the end of being a mage, it extinguishes the inner light. That they use blood to work their abilities and that their abilities vary both in power of the vampire and what they've learned. They sleep during the day, feed on people for blood. They are weak to sunlight and fire, while other types of mundane threats are not. They have bloodlust, like werecreatures under certain conditions, they can frenzy. They are as a general rule fast, strong, and hard to kill permanently." These were the basic understandings of vampires that most mages of the Order would know.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:35 pm

"I will try to stop by then," he said.

"I am sure he will appreciate that Adley."

"I know, you would think we have been cursed with a plethora of free time that the universe feels it must so completely fill the vacuum," he said, equally sarcastic.

"Ah well, perhaps it is a time to pick up the Cultists art."
Jeffry said with a grin and then a sigh.
"Well at least our lives are interesting."

"I don't expect it is that easy, either. Ms Tarmen did not have much information about Mr Lenoe, how powerful he was or what type of massasa he was. Just that he was one and had so far kept to himself. I agree we should find out, we have to, even if it will not be easy to know the mind of a vampire. Ms Tarmen suggested perhaps he will want a favor, or something in return if it turns out to be legitimate that there is a mage in distress."

"It would not surprise me, a Tytalus once told me that the Massasa have a very similar society to our own, strikingly similar was his words, however it is far more brutal, and taking into consideration that the Traditions are all rose petals and teddy bears I can see how favors could be needed."
The old mage said.
"In either case we can not leave one of our own in trouble, off course a vampire probably can not tell one faction from another so it might be a Technocrat which is in trouble, or even a Nephandus for all we know."

"Over the telephone, I don't see there will be much problem. But he wants to meet, probably in person. Meeting him alone would probably not be very wise as I know so little of him."

"No I would not recommend it, you should bring some of your Cabal, if we determine that it is safe to meet him at all, normally I would say bring Miss Alexander, her skill with plants...could be most useful against a Masassa, but are she in any mental condition to handle herself in a dangerous situation right now? And beside taking her out of the Chantry might put her in danger. Well who to bring we can decide when we have found out who is even going."

"I know what you told me, pater. I recall you speaking of the Massasa war and House Tremere. That they are potentially very dangerous beings locked into a state of stagnant undeath. That being turned into a vampire is the end of being a mage, it extinguishes the inner light. That they use blood to work their abilities and that their abilities vary both in power of the vampire and what they've learned from their groups. They sleep during the day, feed on people for blood. They are weak to sunlight and fire, while other types of mundane threats are not. They have bloodlust, like werecreatures under certain conditions, they can frenzy." These were the basic understandings of vampires,

The old mage nodded.
"Yes this is true, they cost us a founding House when Tremere tried to find an alternative to the lichdom ritual...it failed and they became what they are now, the war with them started when they started turning other members of the Order into vampires, who know how many Avatars where lost at that time."
Jeffry said gravely.
"You can look at them about like blood drinking, Hedge Wizaards who suffers from heave Echoes and supernatural weaknesses but at the same time are very durable, that about sum it up, that and their rages...which can be more than dangerous...this however off course is not the greatest danger they pose to us."
The old war mage said as he gave his apprentice a concerned look.
"Their blood is poison to us Adley, not to our bodies, to our Avatars, I have told you that becoming a vampire kill the Avatar, it is a form of Gilgul, however over time drinking their blood while staying alive will do the same. vampire blood have the ability to enslave the will of those that drink it regularly, but that is not the worst part for a mage, for us, after some years have gone by our Avatars will begin to die...and in addition our Avatars well, they get addicted to vampire blood very quickly, one time is enough and then your Avatar will forever crave the poison that will eventually kill it, that is why they are such a danger to us and why most mages stay well away from them."
Jeffry explained.
"So if you are going to meet this man you have to take every possible caution."
The old mage warned and you saw deep worry, even a hint of fear in your mentor's eyes, he did not like the thought of you talking with such a creature.
"However that makes it even more important to figure out what he have to do with a mage and get this willwoker to well away from him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:31 am

Jeffry said with a grin and then a sigh. "Well at least our lives are interesting."

"You know that saying, may you live in interesting times," he said with a wry look.

"In either case we can not leave one of our own in trouble, off course a vampire probably can not tell one faction from another so it might be a Technocrat which is in trouble, or even a Nephandus for all we know."

"True, we'd still be better off knowing."

"No I would not recommend it, you should bring some of your Cabal, if we determine that it is safe to meet him at all, normally I would say bring Miss Alexander, her skill with plants...could be most useful against a Masassa, but are she in any mental condition to handle herself in a dangerous situation right now? And beside taking her out of the Chantry might put her in danger. Well who to bring we can decide when we have found out who is even going."

"I don't know," he said in a frank tone of voice. "I think she would rather do something than wait around and worry and it's hard for her to do anything about the Nephandi for obvious reasons. On the other hand, I'd rather not have a blood witch bleeding around a vampire."

"Their blood is poison to us Adley, not to our bodies, to our Avatars, I have told you that becoming a vampire kill the Avatar, it is a form of Gilgul, however over time drinking their blood while staying alive will do the same. vampire blood have the ability to enslave the will of those that drink it regularly, but that is not the worst part for a mage, for us, after some years have gone by our Avatars will begin to die...and in addition our Avatars well, they get addicted to vampire blood very quickly, one time is enough and then your Avatar will forever crave the poison that will eventually kill it, that is why they are such a danger to us and why most mages stay well away from them." Jeffry explained. "So if you are going to meet this man you have to take every possible caution."

He looked disgusted at the idea of drinking vampire blood, almost as much as when he'd discussed what he'd seen in the villa but not as much as when the paradox demon had touched him. "I have no desire to drink vampire blood or lose control to any addiction, nor to harm my avatar. I'm not keen on meeting a vampire, pater, especially considering I feel that what he wants to tell me can told over the phone. There must be another reason he wants to meet me in person. He must have known for some time that I'm a mage but so far he hasn't bothered me." He frowned. "Every possible caution...I'm open to your suggestions. Besides backup, of course."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next