Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts for Tane:

5 posters

Page 7 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down

Posts for Tane: - Page 7 Empty Re: Posts for Tane:

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Tane:

Friday:

"I guess we have a different view of death Tane, for me change is change and death is when your body stop functioning and you start to rot."
Lily said and sigh.
"I have suspected yes that some of those I see are the spirits of the dead, but even if death is not the end that do not mean I would like to die, not for many, many years yet."
The girl said then she glanced at Tane.
"What are the Awaiki?"
She asked then she smiles.
"As for like you I mean mystical, talking in riddles that sort of thing."
The young woman said.
"Like some old wise man from a Kung Fu movie."

Saturday:

"I will miss you when you are not a part of me."
The grandfatherly spirit said when you informed it that you would be leaving for a while.
"Yes I will care for all that live in me, it is what I do, it is what I am."
He assured you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:33 am

Friday:

Lily nodded as she walks beside you.
"Yes I do understand what you are saying."
She confirmed.
"It is somewhat scary though...you speak as if my whole life is going to change as I go into this, but then, perhaps that is a good thing."
The young girl smiles.
"Interesting, have you seen it, this mountain island you speak about? The Umbra, it means shadow in Latin do it not? The shadow world then."
Lily giggles.
"Yes indeed you do appear to be quite unique to me Tane."
You got to the end of the beach and walked up to the bus stop that would take you within walking distance of Steelhaven.

Saturday:

"We will be right there."
Coawa said over the phone. Soon after you hear him and Alessa enter the house again. The spirit of the house seamed pleased to get more people inside of it's physical being.
"Two more, half physical and half spirit are they."
It muttered before he vanished into the walls.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:06 am

Friday:

Lily sigh and nods.
"I guess I have never really had much plans for my like, high school, collage, then what, the same life as everyone else? Perhaps a change from that will be good, very good in fact."
The young girl said.
"And it is not like I can stop seeing the spirits and if I have this...gift, I do want to develop it."

"Wait...you went to the spirit world and a ghost gave you a sword to protect the innocent?"
Lily asked her eyes wide.
"Is something like that even possible?"

Saturday:

Coawa nodded.
"The spirit of the house?"
He asked. Alessa glanced around.
"Charmed I am sure, but I take care of myself."
The Ananasi woman said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 am

Friday:

Seeing things in a different way is one of the things that makes you get awakened. That explains a lot. AS your future... you can get totally out of the normal system of the world and find new ways to win money and do as you like, or you can do normal things. The thing is, you can and you should follow your passions.

"I guess that is the problem, I do not really know what my passion is, I have been so concerned with being opposed to what my mother want for me that I have forgotten to think about what I want for myself."
Lily said and smiles.
"Hum...so I have the option of having what you call magick as my main profession or have a normal life?"
The young girl asks.

I myself, for example, am a writter. I have never in my life created an story, i just put some stories the spirits tell me in words and make them stories. I sell that, and the world needs so much the spirit's wisdom that i make good money.

"Spirits tell stories?"
Lily asked then she gave a big smile.
"That is a cool job you have Tane, I would love to read some of your stories at some point if you would let me read them."

I found a way to get money, help the world, fight the things i don't like and give a voice tot he speechless. You could do something like that, too, aside from the traditional ways. He explained and encouraged her

"When I was a little girl I wanted to become a vet, to help animals. Perhaps I can use these abilities for that? Perhaps there is a way to learn to communicate with animals, is that possible?"
The young woman asked.

Not exactly a ghost, but yes, i did and obviously yes, it's possible. I'm an advanced student on spiritual magic and Prime, that's the face of reality that is translated as the basic manipulation of magickal energy.

"Wait, wait? Are you saying there are more things that can be done with magick than just talking with spirits?"
Lily asked and sounded quite surprised.
"And what are these magickal energies you talk about?"

I simply made my own body out of magickal energy and went there. Easier to say than to do, i was sick for a year from the paradox.

"Paradox? What is that? And illness? And you became energy? I...well this sounds to fantastical to believe, but I am not going to become my mother and say it is impossible but really that is...well I do not know what to say."
The young woman said her eyes wide with wonder.

Saturday:

It's primarly so you both don't kill each other. Confessed to both of them

"It would not be us killing one another Tane it would be me crushing a bug."
Coawa grunted and Alessa hissed at him.
"Dream on fish soup."
She retorted.

But please people... While i'm not around help me to work against this monsters and work together. I can't babysit you both so you don't fight, and we might see some pretty intense things soon. So please... Be careful.

"We are not children mage, if we fight it will be our choice, not yours."
Alessa said and Coawa nodded his agreement to that.
"But we will not do it in your home and we will not do it before the Formori and my sister is dealt with, that I can promise you, beyond that...well we will have to cross that bridge when we get to it."
The werewspider continued and again Coawa nodded, at least they agreed on some things.
"You be careful as well Tane."
Coawa told you and put a large hand on your shoulder.
"And if you get into any trouble call me and you know I will come and fight at your side my brother, live or die you have my jaws and my strength."
The fera said as he looked at you for a moment before he moved his hand to let you go.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:47 am

ane:

Friday:

You're young, there's much you've not experienced. Once you try it, you'll know it's your passion. But in any case, that is the first thing you can do about all this, start concerning on what you want for you. And yes, you can be full magick. Imagine doing a favor to an spirit and then you ask it to spy on the lottery so you can win or anything like that. Once you're economically independant you'll be able to do anything else. Or nothing.

"Would not asking a spirit to find the right lottery numbers be cheating? I would feel bad if I won money that could have gone to someone that really need it?"
Lily said then she sigh.
"But I guess that one need money to live but still, are there not a danger in doing things like that, one can end up harming others by accident that way it seams."
The young girl said.
"However yes I guess you are right that the first step might be to discover what I want, it is just that no one have ever asked me that before, my mother have a plan for me and expect me to follow it, I have never really considered doing anything but what she want, and the only dream I then could keep was to become a vet, she would have preferred a lawyer or a doctor, but a veterinarian is good enough, if barely in her eyes."

Spirits know things. Spirits see, hear and know things. You turn it a story, you translate it to Human and you voice spirits. Not a great effort, i might say. In any case, yes, i gave a book to a 8 year old girl in the chantry, and told her to leave it in the library, so you can find it there.

"Yes it do seam like the spirits know things, and I guess that they would have things to tell if one know how to listen."
Lily said then she nods.
"I will have to check that book out then. Hum...one question, these spirits, do they think like us, I mean do they have emotions, do they want things, fall in love, get sad or happy, all the things that we do?"
The young mage asked.

The ways of the mind can turn you in doctor Dolittle, yes, and the Verbena's art of manipulate life can help you heal. I'm learning to heal spirits, souls, avatars and bodies as much as protecting them. Maybe you could join me.

"I can learn to talk with animals? That would be cool...hum healing spirits, yeah I think I would like to learn to do that...what area Verbena though? I assume you do not mean the herb."
Lily asked.

Ok, wait, didn't i tell you? reality is a song with 9 harmonies. Some would say that 10, but let's not mind that. These 9 are Spirit, which concerns souls, spirits and "dimensions" if you wish, Mind wich controls or manipulates every sapient mind, can put a mind on things and such, Prime that's the control of the basic form of energy that is the base of everything, Forces that refers to all the forces of nature, be it gravity, light, fire or lightning, Matter that is the control of anything material without the soul and the energy, Life that concerns itself with the manipulation of everything that's alive and the form of it, Correspondence that is basicly space, direction, proportion, etc., Time that is the ability to bend time, see ahead or back and the like, and Entrophy that concerns itself with all that has to do with chance, destruction, reincarnation and lack in general, like cold or shadow. This things we call Spheres. The basic energy of the universe is called QUintessence and is the brick and the concrete of existence, the basic song, the notes if you wish of the cosmic song.

"That...is quite overwhelming, so you are saying that with the right knowledge and training every aspect of reality can be changed and manipulated?"
Lily asked her eyes wide.
"That is both awesome and terrifying, if there not a chance that with that kind of power, that one would be tempted to abuse it?"
The girl asked then she gave a grin when you spoke about Quintessence.
"Like the Force in Star Wars then? Or Chi that Eastern philosophers and such speak about?"

Paradox is... Tane considered like a sociopathic kindergarten teacher punishing you for leaving the room untidy. It's the reality mankind creates with it's unability to belive in magic attacking back the mage for doing things that, supposedly, are imposible. Sounda like yo' mamma', right? Tane said playfully.

"Yeah that really do sound like my mother."
Lily said and grimaced.
"So what happens if you get Paradox then? You get sick? Is it dangerous?"
She asked a little concerned.

Saturday:

I know i can count on you, and you know the strenght of a thousand ancestors is just waiting to aid you. You're my brother after all, you know it. And you, Alessa, i count you among my friends, i spect you to be well and work hard so we can clean the city.

Coawa nodded he gave you a big grin.
"Do not let those mages give you shit Tane, you tell them."
He encouraged. Alessa raised an eyebrow.
"Well you and flipper here saved my life so I guess I am at least friendly towards you but no one but my Queen have the right to expect anything of me, however I will work to take down my sister, and as long as our goal is the same I will aid you."
Coawa growled when Alessa called him flipper again and she sent him and overly sweet smile in return.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:27 am

Tane:

Friday:

It would be.... Using your resourses. Beyond that, many people cheat worse than that and harm other peope in the process, don't you get bottered for that.

"I do get bothers when others hurt people as well, but that do not mean I want to add to that and do harm myself."
Lily said softly.
"Though I guess you are right that it would be using a resource I have, still, I am not sure how I feel about using connecting with spirits for personal monetary gain, I mean like you do it is fine but with winning lotteries and such."

You are yours, Lily. Her frustrated dreams will die with her, and your life will go on, and you'll need to have lived your life. Don't let her drag her. He advised and almost begged her.

"I know and I want to live my own life."
The young girl said and sigh.
"But it is not always easy, I mean I love my mother and she love me and I know she is pushing me because she think she know what is best for me, it is just that at times I feel I am living her life and not mine."

Yes, they feel the same way we do, but have in mind they also feel from the place they are in. A Fire elemental will think and exist and feel as a flame. It might burn to death a baby, but it will not feel bad because maybe it was just eating. It might get happy with a forest fire and sad with a flood, for example.

"I think I understand...perhaps...they feel but they are not human and they are whatever type of spirit they are and think from that perspective, not a human one?"

That's exactly what im saying: WIth enough power and instruction, you can alter every aspect of reality.

"That is...incredible..."
Lily muttered.
"Can you do allot of things Tane?"

Many are tempted, many have tried, but that paradox i talked about controls them, and groups like mine control these people too, so it's not so easy in a big scope.

"This Paradox thing is starting to sound more and more scary."
Lily said and widened her eyes.
"Groups like yours control those that would do harm with magick? Do that there are laws among those that can do such things?"

Yeah... if the force can turn into a sandwich, a flower or life itself.

"I am not sure I understand all of this."
The young girl said as she stood at the bus stop with you waiting for the next bus.

Is better to not take paradox, but if you do it can disipate without problems, you can burn for no particular reason, a gas station might blow up into flowers, a great murderous spirit can attempt to kill you or you can get what we call Echoes. Echoes are a lot of things, but generally are alterations of reality. When i got my sword, i got a big deal of paradox. Then, it went to my skin. My tatoos change place, order, they even move when people look at me by night. THat might go on until i die or stop tomorrow, but it's due to that. So, really, please don't break reality. Not much, anyway.

"It sounds like there are some really hefty cost to doing magick then...but I have been seeing spirits since the fire and I have never gotten ill or anything."
Lily said.
"Your tattoos move that is so cool, there is a Marvel Superhero that do that."
The young girl exclaimed.

Saturday:

Alessa sigh then she shrugs.
"Fine..."
She muttered then she glanced at Coawa.
"You where born in an aquarium?"
Coawa nods.
"Yes what about it?"
Alessa shrugs again.
"Ah nothing I just can not imagine a Rokea putting up with being a attraction for humans to gawk at for very long."
The wereshark grinned.
"I an my mother escaped, Tane helped me, and no I will never live in captivity again, if anyone tries to capture me, I will eat them."
He promised and Alessa nodded.
"A sensible sentiment."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:08 am

Tane:

Friday:

You'll find your way to pull your own weight. He said, dismissive.

"I guess you are right about that, I will find some way to be useful."
The girl said and smiled.

You'll have to find a way to live happyly and not harming her. You'll find that way once you get to know what you waant to do.

"I hope so though I do not think my mother will ever accept me doing anything but what she desire for me."
Lily said and sigh.

They've their own perspective, that's it.

The young girl nodded at that.

Only manipulate spirits and base quintessence, but i'm out there looking for a teacher in the ways of the mind.

"Quintessence that was the energy thingy right?"
Lily asked.

Essencialy we're human, Lily. We're assholes, we hurt each other, we're stupid. And so, we have law, we have politics and the like. But i'm sure that people that do magic are not bad, always, in the far end... just mistaken.

"So mages are like everyone else, just with more power?"
Lily asked.
"What are those laws by the way?"

Nature finds it's balance, in any way.

"I guess it do at that."
Lily said she still seamed hyped up about your moving tattoos. You see the bus that would take you to the stop close to the Chantry pull up at the bus stop.

Saturday:

Ok... See you. Tane said and went on his way

After walking a distance and taking the bus, then some more walking you get to Steelhaven, there is a tense feeling over the place, as if everyone are on edge and the ones who had not met you yet gave you suspicious glances as you walked into the Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:39 am

Friday:

No idea. I've been out of the Traditions for long. I'm from a more traditionalist group, but there are many reasons you can be incarcerated or worse. I think you should ask to Master Narim once we get there. Apparently, being born was a reason to get Gilguled.

"Oh wonderful, that is all I need archaic old laws."
Lily said then she sigh.
"Who is this Narim guy?"

They got into the bus and Tane tried to make it clear for her that he would not discuss magick on the bus full of Sleepers.

Liiy did not speak much on the bus but the ride was not long and from there it was a five minute walk to Steelhaven. Here and there you see the residents of other apartment buildings, a group of collage kids where discussing what beer they should have for their party, and two old ladies where walking by discussing what flower arrangements they had for their verandas. Soon however you stand before the doors of Steelhaven Hall.

Saturday:

Tane went down to see the vampire and take the pictures for the young boy that was poisoned.

You know that the vampire was in the basement, but exactly where in the basement was hard to say, you find the basement stairs and then there are two corridors, one of the corridors feels more...magickal, there are residues there the others seams more plain and mundane.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:57 am

Friday:

"So he is powerful, this Narim person?"
Lily asked she seamed curious about the man you called a Master of the Art.

You get to the security office and knock on the door. Jeffry opens the door and give you a nod.
"Ah Mr Karyak, and this must be Miss Lily, please come in."
He said. Lily glanced at Tane.
"Is he a mage to?"
She whispered to you before she offered Jeffry her hand.
"Yeah I am Lily."
She said and the old mage shook her hand before leading the two of you into his office.
"Let us talk inside."
He said.

Saturday:

You entered the corridor full of magickal Resonance, by one of the doors you feel that your Avatar gets uneasy, as you follow the corridor you see Amadeus Nassa seemingly standing guard outside a door, you can feel that a Node is nearby. Amadeus looks at you surprised.
"Mr Karyak I did not think you would come down here."
He said then he added.
"No matter, thank you for coming, would you like to see Beatrice before I request a moment of your time?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:25 am

Friday:

Much more than i. But don't worry, he wouldn't abuse hs power. There are others, too. Again, nature finds it's balance. He said, not very sure of that.

Lily nodded she gave Tane a look of wonder as he told her about powerful mages and all the things it was possible to do.
"How have all this remained a secret for so long?"
She asked.
"How come everyone do not know about magick?"

We're all mages ourselves or have an important amount of relationship with them here. You're free to talk here.

Lily looked around the small security office she seamed a little nervous.
"Well I this is all so new to me."
She said. Jeffry gave her a bit of a smile.
"No one will harm you here young lady you are quite safe, now why do you not begin by telling me a bit about yourself."
The old mage said and Lily begun telling the story again, about the fire and the creature she had seen in it that had saved her and that she later could see spirits but no one believed her, about how she met Tane and about the black dog.
"Hum the form her Avatar show itself to her?"
Jeffry asked you.
"An animal spirit, most interesting."

Saturday:

THere are screams. I hear songs that should not be sung here... What are you and Beatrice doing here? he asked, a little spoocked.

"The Node is the safest place in the Chantry."
Amadeus said then he sigh.
"There was an attack, a traitor member of the Chantried tried to kill the widderslainte boy that Morgan have imprisoned, as well as he tried to drive a visiting Mercere who is the mentor of another former widderslainte to suicide, something that would have killed his fragile apprentice as well...and he let loose a horror from Horizon which eat Avatars, not a danger to a healthy mage, but it was sent after Beatrice...until we know more those targeted, other than the boy, are being kept down here for safety."
Amadeus said and it was clear the attack angered him.
"As for the Resonance you feel...well right down that hallway there are the ritual chamber that was used when they tried to...I suspect the Resonance will be bad in that chamber for a long time."
The old Verbena said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:39 am

Friday:

People don't belive. Come on, i think you have enough to worry about for now. It has a reason, but it's something you don't need to worry about now. You simply keep hidden that we are mages, where are we going and what you are. he wanted to save her the fear of the Technocracy, at least for now.

Lily sigh and shook her head.
"Ah so there are something terrible there you do not want to tell me?"
She said.
"For it really do not make sense, even with this Paradox thingy someone should have noticed a bunch a super powered folks running around, so what are the real reason Tane, we might as well get it out into the open."
The girl said sternly.

I Sung her song, and i summoned it with the smoke and fire from within. It has the form of a black dog, a song pure and strong, almost wild. BOuntyful as and old earth spirit. Tane explained to her.

Lily smiles at what you where saying.
"I have been seeing that black dog watching over me when I sleep or out of the corner of my eye at times."
She said. Jeffry nodded he found pen and paper then asked.
"Miss Gray was it? Would you mind if I had a look at this soul of yours, I assure you it will cause you no harm."
He said and Lily nodded though she looked a bit skeptically.
"I guess so, but it feels kind of private."
The old Hermetic nodded.
"I understand Miss Gray and I apologize but right now it is necessary."
Lily nodded.
"Ok so what do I do?"
Jeffry smiled.
"Nothing young lady just sit there and try to relax."
He said before he begun to make complex meteorological calculations on the paper, once done he nodded.
"Yes indeed beautiful, very strong, willful and completely clean. I am having a trouble determining if it is Dynamic or Primordial though but that really do not matter."
The old mage said and Lily turned to Tane.
"Dynamic? Primordial? What is that?"
She asked.

Saturday:

Ok, wait, ¿what's a Mercere?

"They are a Hermetic House, a few of them are mages but most of them are not. Mercere was one of the twelve original Hermetic founders, a powerful Cabalist but he lost his Avatar in an magickal accident and decided to continue to be a use to the fledgling Order of Hermes by serving as a messenger, a function the House still have to this day. In Mercere's honor his House begun accepting non magi members and so they remain to this day. About ten percent of them are Awakened or hedge wizards the rest is made up of Hermetic apprentices that never made it past their first degree who serve the Mercere rather than going back to their mundane lives, mundanes who get involved in mage society and want to help out and so on, but again in honor of their Founder the Mercere have always also taken in those who like him have lost their Gift and who want to try to survive...
Amadeus explained softly.
"Our two guests that was attacked are walking the Founder's path so to speak and one of them are the girl that they say managed to clean her Avatar before...well...she might be Beatrice's only hope."
The old Verbena added in a serious tone of voice.

And what form does it take this creature?

"You really do not want to know Mr Karyak, it is dead now thankfully."

What kind of monster can eat avatars?

"There are an island of these monstrosities up on Horizon, they consume Avatars and excrete tass. There was a scandal in the 1980's when several Tradition mages was found guilty of having kidnapped Orphans when fed them to these creatures to collect the tass from their souls. One of our Mercere guests Micah Gregario are the sole survivor of that travesty, his Avatar consumed he managed to swim across from the monstrosities' island to the mainland and alert the Traditions to what was going on, it is thanks to him the guilty was punished and the horrible crimes stopped but you can imagine that seeing such a creature again have had quite an effect on the poor man, and the problem is he is the girl who cleansed herself's mentor and without him she is not likely to survive for long."
Amadeus said in a grave tone of voice.

He said, and he was angry with this asshole Tell me the traitor was Caught

Master Nassa's eyes grew dark as he thought of Ulv Bergen's treachery.
"Yes he was caught and he will pay."
He said as a matter of fact.
"But due to this and due to him trying to get vampire blood from our guest, something one of our hedge wizards, Henrietta Day stopped to use on Beatrice if the monster failed in it's task."
The Verbena said as he shook in anger.
"We have been forced to increase security around those who was attacked."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:04 am

Friday:

Ok, it's your ass in the line, too, so you have the right, but don't freak out. Tane explained the begining from the order of reason to the actual (lost) War of Ascention.

Lily's eyes widened as you told her about the Order of Reason.
"It sounds like once they where actual good guys wanting to protect humanity then, but that they have become just corrupt bullies now?"
She asked then she looked scared.
"So what you are saying is that just for being what I am, for being able to see spirits I might be hunted down an shot by secret agents or the T800 from Terminator? I...I...but..."
She said and looked quite scared.
"Are there allot of these people?"

Avatars have different ways to take us to Ascention, to uplift us to a almost godly state where a mage understands the reality to the point you turn one with it, not just something inside it. Dinamic Avatarsseek around everywhere for knowledge, are never steady and make you energetic and lively. In the other hand, a Primordial Avatar, such as mine, is an old spirit, maybe a more explicit manifestation of the divine. they are ussually gods, great spirits or embodiments of nature. I think yours is this last kind, a natural Primordial, but that, as Jeffry said, it's not really important.

Lily nodded as she tried to process all the information she had been given.
"So my Avatar want to become one with the universe, reaching higher states of consciousness and such, I am not sure if I am ready for that."
She said and Jeffry got an amused look in his eyes though he raised an eyebrow at Tane over the familiarity of his address of him, he was not the one to stand firm on formality but still he was quite old and set in his ways.
"Very few are at your age child, very few are at my age either, reaching Asuncion takes many lifetimes in most cases. Do not focus so much on that now, focus on finding a path and walking it, everything else will come later."
Lily nodded she glanced at Tane.
"How do I find a path?"
She asked.

Saturday:

Ah, so the girl that has cleansed her avatar is here? Is she alright? Tane said dismissively to the other explanations. This girl might not want to live, but she was the only way to save Beatrice from her demise.

"Yes she is here and as for alright, I do not know she lives if you would call that living, but I have yet to see her do much but stare out into nothingness."
Amadeus said and shivered at the thought of the woman.
"I do not know how to get her to a condition where she can tell us anything to help Bee."
The Verbena said then he sigh.
"It is about this girl I asked you here though Mr Karyak, or rather my own strange reaction to her, do you remember the woman who walks by my grand river?"
The old mage asked a little embarrassed to be speaking openly about his Avatar even if the two of them where the only one in the hallway, it was a private matter.
"She is fascinated by Miss Florentine, I have never felt the Companion react that strongly to anything outside of myself before, it is like if she know the girl in some way and I would like to know why she is so attracted to this poor woman.

AH, so they catched it up. Great. Ok, can i help in something with this Micah or his apprentice? The actions of this guy seemed a little off, like if he was not him. Any normal person would have discussed it with his supperiors or would done something... more final. THis was just... strange.

"I doubt anyone can help them. Mr Gregario are in a remarkably good condition for someone who have lost his..."
Amadeus swallowed hard at the thought of it.
"But having come face to face with the same type of creature that destroyed and devoured his Avatar...well he is understandably not doing to well and Miss Florentine she...well let us just say that letting her die would be far kinder, but right now we need her."

Want me to stand guard? You look like you could use some rest.

Amadeus hesitated he did not want to leave Beatrice but then he would require rest if he was going to continue to function well as her protector and as a healer for the Chantry.
"Thank you Mr Karyak I...would appreciate it. I would have to scan your belongings with magick first though, I trust you but right now we need to make sure no one can slip something into one of our pockets or anything else that is danger to the ones we are guarding."
He said and gave the Dreamspeaker a tired smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:32 pm

Tane:

Friday:

For some time, they were. When we had little boundaries, any of us could have brought the demise of a village and that, of course, might have led many mages to see other people as nothing. But all revolutionaries turn, lastly, into dictators.

Lily nodded then she sigh.
"Power corrupts."
She said and sounded worried.
"It corrupted those mages in the past or at least some of them and it corrupted this Order of Reason you speak of."

What i say is that i am with this people. You can go with them, and they'll tell you that you're able to see extradimensional beings. They might not be as bad to you as they were to others and many have joined them for crimes we commited.
The decision is yours: i am not telling you anything in terms of good or bad.

Lily shook her head.
"You say these guys hunt down other mages, I would not want to hurt someone down and hurt them for being different. I do not care so much what the things I see are called, but I do care about trying to be a decent human being."
She said.

Oh, you're not. But your avatar guides you every step of the way. We are but vehicles for the plans of the spirits, and once you're ready, your avatar will unlock a little piece of knowledge.
It's glorious, beautyful and perfect.

"But how do it know when I am ready?"
Lily asked.

About the path... It depends on what you wanna do with your abilities and how you get to understand what you do. For that, you must learn first other ideas, paths and that way, find your own. It's thrilling, really.

"Well I do not know really I have not thought about it, I mean two days ago I did not know there where mages or that such powers existed beyond the things I saw, I have not had the time to think about what I want to do with it."
The girl said and scratched her head.

Saturday:

Tane frowned at the idea of so much damage on the girl.
I couldn't forget something that beautiful. Tane responded with a nod.

Amadeus just gave a slight smile and nodded, he did not reply.

We should be careful, but... For what you say and for what i've seen, the lady is a shard of your avatar. Those shards get mature, ripen after some lifetime. They turn into full grown avatars, often weaker than others, but as strong as any independent avatar.

"Yes that is how I have understood it Mr Karyak, a secondary Avatar attached to mine. We do not know why such companions happen but one of the theories is that they are young Avatars or shards that walk beside another of their kind until it is mature enough for incarnation."

Maybe your lady feels ready and wants to go. Would you feel ready to let her go, if that's so? Because if not, we should not investigate further. It was almost obvious, but they should ask and confirm.

"Yes..."
Amadeus muttered softly.
"Nothing would make me happier, you see she is a blessing but also a curse. For four lives I have not grown or developed, I have live as the same person. We do not know more about Avatar companions other than that since they do not incarnate themselves they are not washed clean in the Well of Souls so they carry with them much stronger past life memories. For some that even mean we will have a complete reincarnation, that is that the personality of the past incarnation are transferred to the new life intact. Having an Avatar companion are not the only way this can happen but it do make it allot more likely."
The old Verbena said then he looks away for a moment.
"When I was five years old my full memories and personality reestablished itself. You might remember your past lives in flashes and short memories, I remember mine like I do last week. The first of these lives, probably the first where this woman joined by great river to walk beside it I was a tribal seeress on the planes of Thrace and I still wake up at night weeping for the son I had that drowned in a river. My second life I was a Roman senator and a member of the Cult of Mercury, I still remember the fear that the ones who assassinated me would go after my wife and child next as I lay dying, my third life I was a Druid in the Hermetic House Diedne, one of Llewellyn's apprentices. I remember the pain I felt as I lay broken and watched as a mob of Flambeau raped and murdered my two apprentices...the flames that took my life after that was nearly a blessing...and now, now I am a mage of the Verbena Tradition, however when I die, that be tomorrow on in five hundred more years I will be reborn the same person, the same mind the same personality. I do not get to learn from different lives I always continue the same one and I will continue to do so as long as the woman in white walk beside my great river."
Amadeus sigh a tear rolled down his pale cheek.
"I can not just abandon her though, if she have chosen my Avatar as teacher who am I to deny her, however if she is ready to go, I will welcome it Mr Karyak, you see for all intents and purposes I am immortal, I can die but I will be reborn, not as a reincarnation but as me, as if awakening after a long sleep, and I long to be able to, once this life is done, to actually be done with this life and move on to the next."
The old mage said then he shook his head.
"Ah forgive me Mr Karyak, I did not mean to burden you with my troubles, I just meant to say yes, I do want to investigate this further and if the woman in white are ready to go, I am willing to see her do on to an incarnation of her own...what do this have to do with Miss Florentine though?"
He asked.

No objections. I couldn't say no either if i didn't want to. Tane said, joking. If you don't feel good leaving you could stay here, but i suggest you got some time for yourself, rest truly. I won't let anyone past here.

Amadeus took his dagger from his belt and pricked his own finger, he dripped three droplets of blood at Tane's feet and he studied how the blood fell then he nodded satisfied.
"You are clean."
He said.
"And the only thing magickal on you are your sword."
He added then he nodded.
"Very well I will stay in the Node room but I will get some rest, just remember let no one in here save your Cabalmembers, Master Telar and Master Morgan, someone want those who might be able to find away to save a Fallen Avatar dead, we can not take any chances."
The old mage said sternly.
"Call for me to wake me up if anything happens."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:24 am

Friday:

Simple: your avatar will take you to the next step. that was one thing there were no secrets around.

Lily nodded then she seamed thoughtful.
"That is allot of trust to place on that spirit dog."
She muttered.

When you learn our ways, you'll find how to make your own.

The young girl gave a smile at that.
"Ok...I like the sound of that, making my own way."
She said.
"So do that mean I am going to need a teacher or something like that?"

Saturday:

Gandjya told me they grow to turn into avatars from old ones. I think it's how they "reproduce" stress on the " "

"Perhaps they do, we know so little about them really and all mage Traditions and factions seam to have their own idea as to what they are."
Amadeus said.

Tane saw the pain in the man's soul and covered his shoulders with one arm. Amadeus, you've seen too much and four lifes are just too much for any man, but little for an avatar. Well see into this, for i won't be part of anything that hurts your lady, but we'll try to determine her wishes. I can tell you you're in the best position to do so: we have an avatar's doctor and a channel that gives voice to the avatars, not to mention the vessel to contain an avatar, so...

The old mage sigh.
"There have been many happy times as well."
He said but it was clear that he was tired, tired on one, continuous existence only interrupted by the time between incarnations.
"I would never what the lady by the river harmed, the life of an Avatar is more important than that of an human but I would like to know her wishes."
He said and nodded.
"And if she is ready to move on, once this life is over, so can I."

None of your or my lifes could be on a better position to make such a transition. Tane tried to make him feel confortable. I truly understand your problem, i might be in the same situation before this life ends. But what i am saying is that, maybe, all this time your lady was waiting for Florentine. Maybe she's the one fated to turn into the first incarnation of the lady... Maybe the death of her avatar was meant to happen from the begining, so the lady had a place. Maybe not. I'm not an expert, but again, rest assured, we'll find out. Tane said.

The old Verbena's eyes widened.
"You mean it might not be that she is recognizing Miss Florentine, but that she is seeing in her an intended host?"
Amadeus said and glanced at the door to the Node chamber.
"I have heard of walk ins, Avatars who incarnate after the birth of the host but that always create problems with the existing Avatar and still, no one can transplant the Avatar from one mage to another, thankfully, but if...but if the lady in white resonate with Miss Florentine and see in her a vessel for incarnation and do so willingly, perhaps this would be one of the unique situations that would benefit us both and save the girl so she in turn can save Beatrice."
The old mage said.
"And if so carrying her with me for all these eons would have been worth it...but let us not get ahead of ourselves...the first thing would be to ask the lady her wishes and then speak with Master Telar to whatever such a thing is even possible."

I lack of any means but the most basic ones to identify people with magic and none by mundane means, so no one will be able to pass. NO visitors, sorry.

"A mundane can be as dangerous as a mage, just using different tools Mr Karyak...so yes no visitors save your Cabal and the two Masters I mentioned."
Amadeus said.
"And...thank you."
He added softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Tane:

Friday:

You'll get a mentor, but the most important thing for you now is to be in contact with other mages and see how they see the world.

"Ok...and there is other mages here in this building other than us in this room?"
Lily asked. Jeffry nodded.
"Quite a few Miss Gray...in fact Mr Karyak why do you not take Miss Gray on a little tour of the common room and library and get her acquainted with some of the other residents."
The old Hermetic suggested.

Saturday:

It is possible. I could have given a shard to heal Beatrice avatar, so if you can take that from one avatar to another, i don't see why we couldn't do the same with a living avatar. he said with confidence. In any case, with master telar and i i think we can figure this out.

"There is a difference between a blood transfusion and a heart transplant in modern medical science Mr Karyak I would think there is a difference between using a but of Ephemera from one Avatar to heal another and transplant one, besides if it was an easy thing to do, unfortunately I think we would have heard of Avatars being stolen...but yes we should speak with Master Telar about this and see what is possible."
The old mage said.
"Also I do not think donating a shard is a good idea Mr Karyak, I commend your kindness but I saw how much the small scraping Master Telar took of Adley Roth Hicks hurt him, to give a whole shard...well it is probably better to find a Nephandus to use for parts to put it crudely."

I can't say if they are them or enemies in disguise, so no visitors.

"Very well then, wake me if Master Telar comes to check on Beatrice then so I can make sure she is who she says she is."
Amadeus said.

My pleassure

The old mage nodded and gave you a smile then he walked into the Node chamber to get some rest and closed the door behind him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:51 am

Friday:

Jeffry nodded and gave you a smile.
"Yes do introduce Miss Gray to Narim and have him see if he can find some potential teachers for her and we will see who fit for her."
He said then he turned to Lily.
"It was good to meet you Miss Gray."
He said with a smile.
"Likewise Mr Morgan was it."
Lily said and stood and got ready to go with Tane to see Narim.

Saturday:

Amadeus nodded at that.
"We are their custodians for the time they walk with us, we are not their masters."
He said about Avatars before he went to rest.

Very little happened for the first few hours as you stood guard at times you heard Beatrice cry out inside the Node chamber or heard her cry other than that it was very quiet down here. After about three hours though there was a sound...a strange tapping sound that seamed to come from the corridor roof.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:50 am

Friday:

"Yeah he seamed to be rather nice but how he got any information just from numbers is beyond me."
Lily said.
"He do seam like a good man though I agree."
The young girl said, she followed you as you made your way to Narim's office and knocked on the door, soon the Virtual Adept opened and gave you a smile.
"Ah Mr Karyak and this must be the newly Awakened girl you spoke about he said and held out a hand to her in greeting.
"I am Narim Sharaya."
He said and the young woman shook his hand.
"Lily Gray."
She said.
"Nice to meet you."
Narim nodded.
"Likewise."
He said before he turned to Tane.
"So what can I help you with Mr Karyak?"

Saturday:

The strange tapping sound continue but you do not see anything in the physical world.

(OOC: Please make an arete roll for examining the area for Resonance and looking out into the Umbra.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:21 pm

Friday:

"I guess so...wait are you saying the tools used are just needed because we think they are needed?"
Lily asked and looked suprised.

Narim smiles to the girl then he looks at Tane.
"I can probably arrange for her to have a talk with the members of the various Traditions that we have members of at this Chantry however."
The Deacon pulled you a bit away so his words would not insult the girl.
"There are not likely to be members of all the Traditions that both seek an apprentice at this time, have the opportunity to take one and who are willing to accept someone already Awakned. Generally the master chooses the student, not the other way around, I might be able to find a few candidates, but not a smorgasbord from all the Traditions."
The Virtual Adept said.

Saturday:

You do not really feel any shift in the Resonance, you feel the clear, slightly static energy from the Node but other than that little else, you look out into the Umbra though and everything seams normal, you see a small imp like spirit a bit further down the hallway towards the stairs other than that all is quit in the spirit world, the tapping sound from above continues every now and again though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:44 am

Friday:

Exactly. Buuut! as foci have a place in this "real" world, they are the bridge between the concensus and our will and magick. That's the only importance of tools, of any tools.

I can understand that I think it is like that it is possible to hammer in a nail with your head but it is more effective to use a hammer? That kind of thing?"
Lily asked.

I would like to ask you to get one representative of every tradition first. Let them be the voices of their tradition and show her what the tradition is about in any case, and then she cn choose the tradition more suited to her.

Narim sigh and shook his head.
"That is not how the Traditions work Mr Karyak and certainly not during a crisis. What you are asking are like if you demanded that representatives for each major company in the city would send representatives to talk with a kid just out of collage to tell him what their company is about to see which one he wanted to work at, while in reality he would have to go to the company and bow and scrape for a job. The thing is it is the student that have to impress the teacher not the other way around and it might be hard to find a teacher for her since most prefer to Awaken a student themselves not adopt and Orphan. I can let the five Chantries of Boston and perhaps the ones outside of the city but still part of this Tribunal know that there is a young Orphan here in need of a teacher and then perhaps we will get a few candidates that are willing to take her, but chances are she will not be able to pick and choose. Now what I can do is print out some information about each Tradition for her to read and she can certainly talk with the Chantry members we have here that are not busy but to line of representatives that is not going to happen and if I ask the reply will be no, in fact doing so might hurt Miss Gray's chances of finding a teacher as it might make her seam full of herself to make such a request in the first place."
The Virtual Adept explained.

Saturday:

I remain there, aiting to see if there is nothing or if maybe it is something on the upper floor

The tapping sound continue for a while, but then eventually it stops and all is calm again at least that is what it seams.

(OOC: You can roll perception plus Alertness or Awareness whatever of the two is higher diff Cool
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:04 am

Friday:

"Oh you can nail something with your head but you might crack you skull as well so it is not very practical."
Lily said with a bit of a grin.
"I think I understand though...it is like this boy in school who use Tarot cards, I am not sure if what he do actually work but he forgot his deck one time and read a regular playing card deck instead, he said the cards are just cardboard, tools it is he who do the reading."
The young girl said.

Tane heard the master's words and considered. I though mages were more... cooperative. But i understand. Does every tradition have a meeting place? I know the verbena have their life tree... Maybe i can take her there and ask people around about the tradition. But the printed info is a good idea.

Narim gave a bit of a laugh at that.
"No Mr Karyak you will find that if it is one thing mages is not it is cooperative. No other than the Verbena the other Traditions do not have meeting placing in the city, if you do not consider that two of the Chantries are single Tradition places so they might be seen as meeting places, one for Order of Hermes and one for the Celestial Chorus. You can certainly ask those Chantries if you can visit, I would be careful with Lux Itineris the Hermetic Chantry though as there are indication something may be...wrong there. I will get you those printed materials though.

Saturday:

You hear something crawling in the walls and roof, small, nimble little feet are scraping against the stone and wood, it was softer than the tapping sound but it was there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:24 pm

Tane:

Friday:

Quite accurate. That's what i mean.

"How will I know what my tools are then?"
Lily asked.

No, i'd... prefer to keep her here, in a controled enviroment. I wouldn't like to involve other chantries in this. I suspect she's going verbena, though, so i'm not too concerned..

"Keeping Miss Gray here for the moment might be wise since the situation is so volatile right now, that being said the only member of the Verbena who are able to take a student at Steelhaven are Amadeus himself, neither Miss Alexander, if she was well enough, or Mr Rush have the experience to do so."
Narim commented.
"Master Nassa might know if any of his Coven members are seeking a student at the moment though, it might be wise to speak with him."

Saturday:

What is it there? he asked in a loud clear and imposing voice

"Fire."
Came the reply and you saw one of Chief Morgan's little imps suddenly appear and look down at you from the ceiling.
"But I am hiding."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Tane:

Friday:

You simply have to find something that means for you the power of transformation in that way you want. To me, everything it's a song, so songs and poetry build my tools, those are my tools. You can find anything else, or maybe i can teach you to sing.

"You sing to work magick?"
Lily asked.
"I guess I could try it for I have no idea what my tools should be."

Yes, i was thinking to speack with him, with Mister Wolf of the Euthanatos ((Wolf was the euthanatos i found that was so pale and slender?)) I might ask Miss Day for the Hermetics and maybe show Lily what a Hedge Witch is, and maybe i can ask miss Hildeegard for input on the Choristers. Would you introduce her your own tradition?

"Well Mr Wolf if just a Disciple I would contact Adjan Terach he is the highest ranked Euthanatoi at Steelhaven and the only one among them powerful enough to take a student at the moment. Hildegaard might be wise to contact about the Choristers yes, Miss Day however is not a member of the Order of Hermes she is a Hollow One and a hedge wizard at that but she might be able to put you into contact with others of her Orphan group. I can certainly speak with the girl about the Virtual Adepts yes."
Narim said

Saturday:

"No...I am in the basement, there are no fire other than me here."
The imp said, you do assume that it being a fire elemental it is probably referring to itself when you asked it to identify itself and it replied with fire, it is a Umbrood after all, it is what it is.

(OOC: To the tall pale Euthanatos was Adjan Terach. Jerome Wolf is also an Euthanatos but he is an athletic looking black man.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:00 am

Tane:

Friday:

You've seen it in action. Your song let me show you your avatar. That for instance, but i can affect anything by it's songs.

"Your songs are beautiful Tane, I am not sure I could use them though, I do not understand how a song can affect reality. I guess I see spirits more often when I sit and think about nothing, just spacing out you know, so perhaps some sort of meditation?"

Oh, i though miss Day was hermetic. Well, in any case i could ask Master morgan if he's not too bussy.

"He might be the man have hardly slept it is not easy to be the Chantry's Chief of Security in the middle of a crisis. You might want to look up a man named Antonio Riez he have an apprentice around Miss Gray's age, so the boy might be a good candidate to tell the girl what an Hermetic apprenticeship is like."
Narim said and quickly wrote down a phone number on a piece of paper to give you.
"You can reach Mr Riez at this number."

Saturday:

Haven't you heard another steps? I thought so

"I heard tapping and felt something so I came to see what was here, but there is only you here now and me."
The Imp said as it glanced down at you from the roof.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:53 am

Friday:

It's a possibility, yes. Fairly common, but there's nothing that hasn't been invented.

Lily nodded she gave a bit of a confused smile.
"This is all pretty overwhelming but yes perhaps I should try meditation or something like that."
She said.

Well, thank you a lot, master. WOuld you tell her, then? then i'll go to find other people to show her the chantry around.

Narim nodded he gave a bit of a smile.
"Yes I will have a talk with her and if she do not mind having that talk while I work we can do so now. I will take care of her until you come back Mr Karyak."
He said then he added.
"Oh and you can just call me Narim, some like to stand on protocol I do not, and besides I am probably not that much older than you are."
The Virtual Adept said with a smile.

Saturday:

Ok, if you don't see anything else, you should go back and tell Master Morgan

"Yes I should tell my master."
The little imp said and vanished, the hallway was again quiet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next