Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Colin smiled, "Because humanity, as a whole, is rather stupid and more easily motivated by fear and anger than calm and compassion? That applies to all forms of humanity, mind, whether an archmage or a humble grocer on the corner, or a career politician, or any other defining trait of the individual.

"Unfortunately I think you are right about that Mr Wainwright."
Marie said and sigh.
"And I am not one to judge I have the same impulses. Perhaps allot of the problem is that we all have those impulses but we like to pretend that we are above it."
The true believer said.

The best we can hope for is to help our neighbour open their eyes and see a little more beauty in the world than they did yesterday; to show a little more kindness than we did yesterday."

"I agree, that is all we can hope for, and it is a good hope at that."
Marie said and smiles.

He looked down in his empty cup, "This was delicious, thank you, but I just did finish a rather hearty lunch; I don't think another cup would do me any good right now."

The true believer nodded.
"I am glad you enjoyed it Mr Wainwright. What about you Miss Blackwell?"
She asked and looked at Dion, the young Chorister smiles.
"I am good thank you Mrs Danbrock."
Marie nodded then she sigh.
"Sometimes it seam that is all I can do, my husband fight the goblins and ghouls and I make tea, cook his food and wash his scrapes, for both him and Raymond I guess, and it seams I am falling into the same pattern and now my family are not even involved."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Adley Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:10 pm

first it tried to tackle you to get past you and onward towards it's intended prey, but then it apparently decided that you smelled pretty good as well and like it had done with Adjan it reached into your soul....

Nasty, foul, baneful...disgusting, wrong...rooting around -in- him for his avatar like a cupboard searching for the good cookies. He wasn't used to his avatar being frightened but the anger was familiar. He wasn't sure what he was even saying anymore, what language it was, if it was him, his avatar or both of them...but he wanted it burnt to cinders, destroyed, kept away from his avatar and anyone else's. If he had enough space to get an attack on the damn thing he was going to do so, with relish, still yelling at it that he would destroy it as Adjan pulled it off of him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Adjan manage to pull that thing off you, with difficulty as he tried to stab at it again, physical attacks seamed to work better than magick, and that probably made sense since the natural prey of this creature was mages, but while it was not hurt, twelve bullets and three or four stab wounds had only managed to slow it down. You do have enough room to make an attack on the thing though, especially when Adjan pull it off you.

Anton reached the top of the stairs and he threw a vial at the island creature, some sort of strong smelling, yellow liquid spread over it's skin, if indeed it was skin it had and this time the monstrosity scream as if in pain, the liquid was clearly corrosive, the thing was pretty single minded though for while the hedge wizard's potion had hurt it, the thing ignored the older scientist and instead focused it's attention back on you, throwing Adjan off and you hear a sharp snapping sound as it do, looking more closely you see that Anton's Von Hess's liquid had caused some damage and in a way made part of the monster more real and at it's side the Euthanatos' dagger had gotten caught and the steel snapped when it's owner was tossed aside.

A spell, a stream of fire shot from your mentor's fingertips hit the monstrosity and the thing screamed again and flailed about, but the magick which might have incinerated a whole building did little but scratch the Avatar eater, it did give you some breathing space though, a moment to catch your breath and react.

(If you want to attack the thing I will give you a minus two in difficulty for magickal attacks and minus one for physical attacks since your Avatar is fully with you on that cause of action. Just tell me how you are going to attack it and make the appropriate rolls.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:26 pm

As soon as he was freed from it, he tried to attack it once for its troubles if it was prone, though he was still trying to hold the stairs and didn't want to give it an option to get by him. Then he heard everyone coming up the stairs, good...backup...but things turned quickly again as Adjan had gotten tossed off. What was that -sound?- What was that -stuff- that had gotten all over it...when it looked back at him, he saw the effect of it. Damnation...whatever it was, it seemed it had made Adjan's dagger brittle enough or its hide tough enough for it to break! The thing was engulfed momentarily in flames again and there was something satisfying about that but it hardly did anything, yet again. While it was busy, he exchanged his weapons, pulling the gun out again. He was still trying to hold the stairs and not get anyone in line of fire if he had to shoot it, for all the good it was doing...it was inexorable as a HITMark...

// Physical attack, club the thing first chance, before backup arrives on the stairs(?) What was the base difficulty before modifiers to hit, 6 or ? The roll for Melee is: 0,1,6,7,9,5.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:48 pm

You hit the thing and your club make an impact right in the thing's mouth and it staggered back as if surprised. In the back of your mind your Avatar was urging you on, it wanted that thing dead, and it was more than this being a threat that could hurt it and not just you, it felt this abomination should not exist, that it was an affront to reality, to all of existence. All around you where the chaos of the fight, Hiledgaard's song, Jeffry's chanting, everyone was trying to take that thing down, luckily it was not nearly as formidable offensively as it was though.

(The difficulty before the modifier was 6 so that is a solid hit. Please roll damage. Yes you can club it before back up arrives. I will write more when I see what damage you do to it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:49 am

Colin nodded, "There's a school of thought - I think it's from one of the fathers of psychology; you know, Freud, Jung and their contemporaries - you can't be a truly good person without owning your shadow. In essence, you have to admit to yourself that you have an inherent capacity for evil, for doing harm unto others. Then, you can address those capacities, get them under conscious control. Unfortunately, a lot of people either refuse the idea that they have a dark side, or they revel in it."
He stroked his chin, "There can be no light without the shadow, and the brightest light often has the darkest shadows..."
He shook his head, "Sorry, got a bit introspective, there. As for your not being able to fight, Mrs. Danbrock... no shame in that, when you help keep your family able to fight, and give them something to fight for. We can't all be Achilles. Nor can we all be Florence Nightingale."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:54 am

So you have to... eat... spiders? How you hunt them? how you feel about it? But all that questions he shouldn't ask.
You heal when you're a mass of spiders? do they understand?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:24 am

// righty - 8,1,3,3,8,9,6,7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:23 am

Adley:

You swing at the monstrosity and hit it right in the face, you her a shattering sound as you knock out several of the creature's razor sharp, needle like teeth and it looks shocked as it back a little away from you, it can appear like it's mouth is a weakness for you striking it do appear to hurt it and it shakes it's head several times and make a disgusting roar before it comes at you again.

The hedge wizards have reached the top of the stairs now and Danny takes aim and shoot at the thing, hitting it in the chest, that have the same result as always, the island creature staggers a bit but it do not appear to be more than mildly hurt. You hear Cloe shout something in Latin, a long stream of words including Creo and Ignem as a ball of fire fly past you and hit the creature, it seam like linear magic do more harm to it than true magick but still all it do is roar again and slow it down, the only thing you have seen that have really harmed it was hitting it in the mouth.
"Fuck it is like the most annoying video game boss ever how do we attack this thing?"
Henrietta Day shout as a bunch of bone needles erupt from the palm of her hand and strikes the monstrosity in the back. The island creature stops and sniffs in Henrietta's direction and it seams mildly interested, perhaps the bone mage was closer to Awakening than the other linears. Your mentor take the time while the creature sniffs at Henrietta to reload his gun.
"Last clip."
He shouts. You see Adjan pull another dagger from a sheet in his belt, off course he had more than one blade on him.

Colin:

Maria nodded she leaned against the wall.
"I guess that raising Raymond have made both Harold and me ask those questions, the ones about what are our own capacity for for evil, in a way he is not so different from you or me or everyone else it is just that his urges are darker and stronger and in trying to help him face that, we have had to face our own darker sides as well."
The true believer said without elaborating on what she meant about that.
"I do not mind being introspective Mr Wainwright, in fact I find it a refreshing conversation, if you turn on the television all you see are shallow discussions about things that means nothing, a fine distraction at times yes, but at the same time I do think our minds need a strain a bit and actually think from time to time."
Marie said and grinned.
"Well things are what they are and if I got involved in my husband's fights I would just be a liability. I have tried to learn his craft but I have no knack for it past the most simple little incantations and enchantments, and I have accepted that what I can do for him is support him and stay out of his way when he needs that more."
The true believer said and Harold smiles a little and lovingly take his wife's hand and squeeze it gently.
"You do more than you know Marie, without you I do not think I would have been alive."
The hedge wizard muttered softly."

Tane:

Alessa nodded as she drank some more of the fish blood and grimaced at the taste, still it did appear to close her wounds and bring back color to her cheeks.
"Yes I consume spiders to rebuild myself if many of me in my breed from have been killed, I do not know how or why that work but it do. Perhaps I make those spiders part of me. This have only happened once though."
The Ananasi said and shrugged.
"Do your friend her understand when he is a shark? If his kind is like any other fera I have met it is the same mind in all forms, and so it is with me. I think and feel just like I do now when I am in my Crawlerling form, every one of my spiders are me, and if even one remind I will still think and feel like me, but probably not be able to retake any other form until I can consume enough spiders to rebuild my body."
Alessa explained as she drank the last of the blood.
"So yes my spiders understand, the ones I eat, not so much. I can communicate with them, but their minds are quite limited. I mean seriously when you keep a pet tarantula you have to make sure they do not drown in their own water bowl as they do not understand that if they put their head and torso under water they drown, spiders are not known for their great intelligence, they can be useful spies though."
The young woman said as she put the bowl down, she seamed allot more healthy now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Colin grimaced, "That is indeed part of why I don't have a television set, personally. I can't be bothered to set my schedule to the arbitrary decisions of a TV station; if there is something interesting I wish to watch, it will be available on the internet soon enough."
He sighed, then looked at the Danbrocks' fond gesture and smiled enigmatically.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:08 pm

"Well true enough, with the various streaming services regular TV broadcasts are becoming more or less obsolete."
Marie Danbrock agreed as she nodded her head then she turn her head to smile to her husband for a moment then she turned her attention back to you.
"We have generally not had internet access though Mr Wainwright, my husband have been able to check what he needed to at his work, and we did not want to risk Raymond being tempted to join any social media, it would be far to easy for the Traditions, or the Union to find him that way,"
The true believer explained.
"So it have been regular old TV broadcasts and DVDs for us."
She said and smiled, though there are a tiredness in that smile, it was not easy to live on the run.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:29 pm

...for whatever reason, those needle-teeth could be knocked out just like any other, with a gratifying crunch that reminded him of hockey games gone awry. Shooting at it didn't seem to do much but waste ammo and piss it off. Hell, whatever worked...he grabbed the club again. Back to slamming it in the face it was. And here it came, shaking off the attack, running at him -again- making a horrible noise...

"Fuck it is like the most annoying video game boss ever how do we attack this thing?" Henrietta Day shout...

"Hit it...in the mouth!" he said, over the screaming beast, "like this!" he said, aiming to strike it square in its remaining teeth again to demonstrate...

M: 0,1,8,9,9,6 (+3 diff for a precise location) - 3 success, 2 go to dmg
DMG: 8,1,1,8,6,5,6 - +2 dice for strike point modifier: 9,4

// IF only Adley was genre-savvy about video games...'BOOM, headshot' would be the best answer to Henrietta xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:45 pm

You smash you club into the island creature's mouth again and knocked more of it's needle like teeth, this time the monstrosity lost it's footing and fell to the ground screaming, it was clear that the mouth was not as protected as the rest of it, or perhaps that part of the abomination was more real.
"In the mouth you say."
Henrietta said and rushed towards the being on the ground and delivered a kick to it's mouth with all her might again drawing a scream from the Avatar eater, who responded by biting the hedge wizard in the ankle, something that make a long string of curse words steam from Henrietta as she struggled to get it off her, though other than a row of tiny picture marks that probably should be cleaned the linear mage did not appear to be harmed as she finally kicked the island creature of her.

The monstrosity on the floor was now clearly hurt and it was sort of swaying from side to side as it struggled to it's feet. Danny moved around you so he could take aim with his gun and fired of three bullets that all hit the island creature in the mouth, again sending it to the ground. Of the thing's needle teeth there was not much left now so it's mouth was just this big, black, literary soul sucking hole, the inhabitants of the third floor would probably be picking those teeth out of the carpet, and their feet for weeks for they where so thin and nearly transparent, but now the island creature was clearly badly hurt, it did not bleed, perhaps it did not have blood, but it just flailed on the ground as it tried to get up.
"Adley catch you are closer to it than me."
Jeffry said as he snapped the safety in place on his gun and threw it to you.
"Take that damned thing out."
The old Hermetic shouted.

(OOC: Yeah that would do it. Smile Sorry by the way I have never been very good at explaining the action in a combat scene, it is not one of my strong points.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Colin smiled, "I'm sure some - initially limited - internet access can be arranged here. I'm given to understand the in-house internet security is top-notch. I was informed, though, when I was hooked up that any attempt to hack the in-house firewall would result in immediately being booted off the network and teleported into low earth orbit. I've yet to find out whether or not Master Sharaya was joking, but it is certainly something he is capable of doing, whether or not he's actually inclined to do so or not."

((OOC: Well, just got home from the new Star Wars movie. Was good. I can forgive JJ Abrams for Star Trek now.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:26 am

It was like smashing ice, or maybe crystal or glass, there were slender shards of teeth knocked loose across the hallway but he wasn't paying any attention to that, just that cracking its teeth out seemed to actually be doing something to the damnable thing.

Adley catch you are closer to it than me." Jeffry said as he snapped the safety in place on his gun and threw it to you. "Take that damned thing out." The old Hermetic shouted

If he'd been thinking, he might have wondered why his mentor was throwing him a gun - his gun, at that. He had one of his own. It had just seemed to work better to smash it in the face, since it had worked once...But the instinctual thing to do when thrown something by someone he trusted, told to catch it, was to catch it.

//@anja -It's okay - I just ask a lot of questions anyway since I don't always have a good 'mental map' even when I have an actual map and I don't want to stuff too much into one post, since posts are varying in length/action. Dyscalculia is fun like that. Example: me asking (again) what's the traits for catching something thrown to you, dex+athletics?

@warp - oh good, glad to hear it's not a mess xD I hope to catch it this weekend sometime = )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:40 am

Colin:

Marie giggled a bit at that.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, for me internet, when I have visited cafes as such that have it, are nothing more than a source of entertainment, I have been able to download some cook books and read articels about gardening. My husband have used it to find ways for us to stay safe though. Mostly I think Raymond would enjoy it, perhaps he could make some friends...though lately have have made one, a supernatural girl that live not far from us but I have no idea what exactly she is."
The true believer said and Harold spoke up.
"She is a ghost given flesh, like if she is possessing her own body."
He said then he grinned.
"Being teleported into low earth orbit do not sound like a fun way to start one's day, I guess one have to do what this Master Sharaya say and leave his network alone then."
The hedge wizard said with a chuckle.

Adley:

(OOC: Oh no problem I do not have a mental map either, at all, meaning I have a problem getting around on my own I have to walk a path again and again to remember landmarks. Anyway I do not remember the exact rules for catching something but yes I do think it is Athletics and Dexterity but let us just assume that Adley catch it. I tend to roll for things like damage and if someone hit and those things that truly influence a fight, but not roll for everything, unless you guys prefer to roll more.)

(OOC 2: I am so looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars movie but I have to wait until there are a little less people going to see it. I am very sound sensitive also like some with Aspergers I lack a filter if you will that separate out what sounds are important or not so the sound of someone tapping their feet three seats down and eating crisps two rows behind me get the same mental attention as what is happening on screen making a full movie theater pretty hard for me to be in. I am glad it is good though, I can not wait to see it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:27 am

...then to use it.

Taking a cue from Danny, he stood ground and aimed the gun at the creature's mouth, realising the issue - there wasn't as much left to target except the gaping maw of the creature and hitting it inside its mouth was going to be harder without a weapon that had reach or range.

//dex+firearms & one round spent targeting on the mouth: 5,6,5,8,6,0,9 (+3 diff for the precise target again, +1 dice to attack pool for aiming) - 3 succ, 2 to damage pool
DMG: 5,9,5,6,6,0,9,2,7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:40 am

You aim and fire at the island creature's soul sucking maw and fire, the thing screamed and then it was still, slowly as you watch the monstrosity melted into a pool of water that smelled sharply of salt and tar, ad if when it was finally dead there was nothing to keep it's body in it's original shape, in mere second the Avatar eating creature was reduced to nothing other than sea water and slime. In the middle of the pool of slime however there was something beautiful, yes beautiful but at the same time horrifying for what it meant, in the middle of the mess there was several lumps of some of the most perfect, beautiful tass you have ever seen, it's potency calls out to you and even without consciously using magick on it you know that it have no Resonance, no impurities and there is allot of it though the exact number of drams are hard to determine without further examination. The horrifying thing about the lumps of translucent crystals was that this was a corpse, the corpse of an Avatar or parts of it that this thing had once consumed.

"Are anyone hurt?"
You hear your mentor call out.
"Adley did that thing harm you?"
He asked as he strode over to you with a concerned look in his eyes, he was still alert though just in case that pool of water and slime would somehow reassemble itself back into the island creature. You also see that Hildegaard walks over to Adjan to see if he was alright, and Danny took care of Henrietta though she waves him of, she was not hurt.
"Did it manage to harm your..."
Jeffry say and look at you worriedly.
"No I guess it did not or you would not be on your feet."
He muttered with some relief in his voice.
"You did good mea filius, it took courage to stand your ground against that abomination, you did good."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:54 am

He made a face of disgust as it suddenly melted into nothing, lowering the gun and breathing hard from exertion. But the tass drew his attention and he stood there for a few more seconds, realising he was looking at a body count, at Orphans avatars reduced into tass so that other mages could -use- it...he breathed out and turned to his mentor, shaking his his head. "I don't think so, it...tried, it touched....it, like Adjan but I think I'm alright. That...though...those...that tass." He glanced around at the others to see how everyone else was and then frowned. "That tass," he repeated, then, "Fuck that thing..." He made the guns safe and offered it back to his mentor, snapping to things that had to be done. "We need to check the Mercere...make sure everyone downstairs is ok...see if we trace the magick on this thing before the trail goes stone cold or is absorbed under all our workings...and -that tass,- something...should be done with it but I have no idea what...but we can't leave it in the hallway like that." He rubbed the side of his face, nearly as disturbed by the creature's 'remains' as he had been by its very presence in the chantry in the first place. At the praise he nodded, "I couldn't let it hurt anyone else, though I'm concerned it already has caused harm in a different way."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:52 am

he breathed out and turned to his mentor, shaking his his head. "I don't think so, it...tried, it touched....it, like Adjan but I think I'm alright. That...though...those...that tass." He glanced around at the others to see how everyone else was and then frowned. "That tass," he repeated, then, "Fuck that thing..."

"Good."
Your mentor said, it was one simple little word but from the look in his eyes that word spoke of extreme relief that he had not lost you, or at least that you where not hurt, then his eyes went to the tass on the floor.
"We should wipe out that island and those things with it, I do not know why Horizon keep it around."
Jeffry muttered in a glum tone of voice as he looked at what had been someone's Avatar, someone who would not be reborn, someone cut of from Ascension forever, a divine being, a Holy Guardian Angel reduced to a mere magickal resource.
"Indeed, fuck that thing."
The old Hermetic muttered.
"And more so damned be those that would use these abominations against other magi."

Everyone else seamed to be mostly fine, well those involved in the fight at least. Adjan was a little pale and as he saw that tass and finally had time to think about what that thing had tried to do to him he emptied his breakfast into a flower pot and looked a bit embarrassed over that but other than a few bumps and bruises from having been thrown around he seamed fine. Henrietta walked with a limp but she to seamed fine and no one else had been hurt. The Mercere though where not in a good condition. Micah had stopped crying he now just stared at the tass on the floor with dead eyes and had grown very, very quiet. Susannah had sunk down on the floor by one wall and she was still making that mewling sound, completely terrified but not in a mental state of mind to know what to do with her fear other than make that dreadful sound.

He made the guns safe and offered it back to his mentor, snapping to things that had to be done. "We need to check the Mercere...make sure everyone downstairs is ok...see if we trace the magick on this thing before the trail goes stone cold or is absorbed under all our workings

"You check on the Mercere and get them down stairs as well and check on everyone there, I will see what I can trace the magick that brought that monstrosity here. Also if you would not mind getting someone to go room to room and make damned sure we do not have any more of these things luring around."
Your mentor agreed and took his gun back and put it back in his belt.

and -that tass,- something...should be done with it but I have no idea what...but we can't leave it in the hallway like that." He rubbed the side of his face, nearly as disturbed by the creature's 'remains' as he had been by its very presence in the chantry in the first place.

Jeffry sigh and nodded.
"I will take it to my office, this was an Avatar we can not leave it on the floor like garbage."
The old mage said he knelt by the pool of sea water and goo and gently lifted the crystal lumps out of the mess before he took a handkerchief from his pocked and wiped the stones of, handling them as reverently as he would have a dead body of someone he respected, once he was done he took a fresh cloth from his pocket and wrapped the tass up in it.
"I will put it in my safe for now, we will have to decide later what to do with it."
The mage said and shook his head at the cruelty of feeding another willworker to these creatures just to get tass to use for a rote or two.

At the praise he nodded, "I couldn't let it hurt anyone else, though I'm concerned it already has caused harm in a different way."

Jeffry glanced at the two Mercere who sat on the floor in a sorry state and he sigh.
"I am afraid you are right about that mea filius."
He said in a concerned tone of voice.
"I am afraid you are right about that indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:53 am

And you do you experience it? it you're a lot of spiders you don't get overwhelmed by the amount of data your head has to proscess?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 am

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Ghost in the flesh? Never encountered that before. There's literally all sorts, I suppose."
He glanced at his watch - it was, what, fifteen minutes since the beast appeared? Almost twenty? He pulled up his phone again and wrote a message to Morgan, "Sir, by this time I expect you've managed to deal with the animal. I took the liberty of asking for Mr. Danbrock's assistance in restraining Mr. Bergen's magic for the remainder of the day - he was not informed about the extent of the charges against Mr. Bergen. I shall be waiting in the attic with the prisoner until summoned. C. W."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:50 am

Tane:

Alessa seamed to consider for a moment before she replied.
"It is all normal for me now and I do not get confused, in a way even if there is many of me, it is just one mind. It was very confusing in the beginning after my metamorphoses, that is what we call the first change. I am Arachnid, I was born from an egg into an egg sack with dozens of my siblings, but then I was only one, tiny little spiderling, when the change came it was not easy to get used to being many, or to being this big, hairless thing that walk on two legs...the First Change for my kind are never easy."
The werespider explained.
"In a way I see the world through all of my eyes when I am many, but at the same time they are all just me. I guess you might as well ask a Garou how they manage to walk on four legs. I am sure that to get confusing in the beginning."

(OOC: I got to run so Warp I will reply to you when I get back home in a few hours. Sorry for the delay.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Colin:

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Ghost in the flesh? Never encountered that before. There's literally all sorts, I suppose."

"I think I have stopped being surprised at just how many different kind of magickal creatures exist in this world Mr Wainwright."
Harold said and nodded.
"But yes a ghost in the flesh, fascinating creatures though sadly often hard to separate from vampires."
He said and frowned.

He glanced at his watch - it was, what, fifteen minutes since the beast appeared? Almost twenty? He pulled up his phone again and wrote a message to Morgan, "Sir, by this time I expect you've managed to deal with the animal. I took the liberty of asking for Mr. Danbrock's assistance in restraining Mr. Bergen's magic for the remainder of the day - he was not informed about the extent of the charges against Mr. Bergen. I shall be waiting in the attic with the prisoner until summoned. C. W."

You get a reply back from Chief Morgan written in his typical cumbersome letter like style.

"Mr Wainwright.
Yes the critter is finally dealt with, but it was a tough devil to vanquish until my apprentice figured out it's weakness. Good I have ever confidence in Mr Danbrock's ability to restrain magick, his Order are famed for it among the few who know about them. Would you do me a favor Mr Wainwright, would you take Mr Bergen to the cellar and lock him up, use the storage room next to the wash room so our Nephandi prisoner's guard can keep an eye on both just for now and then search Mr Bergen's room, we have probable cause now and I have to deal with some things here there where some complications, it is not ideal but I trust you to not tamper with or foil evidence and I need to know what Mr Bergen have been up to.
Be Well and stay safe.
Jeffry Morgan.
P.S. Unless you study it yourself take someone with you who study Prime just in case Mr Bergen have any traps in his room."

Adley you hear your mentor's phone pling and he picks it up, nods and then begin to tap a reply.
"Mr Wainwright have Mr Bergen under control it seams, I am sending him to examine the Cultist's chambers, we need to know what Mr Bergen is up to for this go far beyond a mere prank."
He commented as he wrote his text, at least his typing had gotten better as he did allot less swearing and cursing as he typed up the message now than when you first had begun teaching the old mage how to use a cell phone.

(OOC: Back, sorry for the delay, here is a reply for you Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Colin read the swift reply, and rose to his feet. "Very well, then... Mr. and Mrs. Danbrock, Miss Blackwell, I need to bring Mr. Bergen downstairs. The animal has been dealt with, and the workload commences. I'll have a few words with Chief Morgan about how we might make best use of your talents when I see him. I expect that will be soon enough, in any case."
He tapped out a quick response to Morgan before shouldering Bergen again, "I'm only so skilled with Prime so as to scan - and fairly well so, if I may be so bold. I expect traps will need some more fine manipulation, however, and I doubt my finesse with probability will be adequate for more than not getting hit by any triggered wards. I know Adley started assessing the wards on the doorway; is he sufficiently steady in that regard?"

He then started making his way to the cellar, tied up cultist over the shoulder, a little less gently than he might, but less roughly than he could probably get away with.

((OOC: No prob. It's not like Bergen's going to go anywhere for a while, anyway. No rush. Well, except Ingmar, of course. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next