Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Colin stroked his chin, "How much more is at play is hard to say - but it certainly seems the Nephandi's recent activity has stirred everything up; whether they represent the biggest problem, or they just accidentally rocked the boat enough for everything else to come out of the woodwork remains to be seen. And true, I might not want to discuss too much with you... I don't think I've told you much that you wouldn't work out for yourself, though, regarding the larger picture. A few minor details, perhaps, that you'd have to dig a little harder for, but generally no more than I expect you'd be informed of in fairly short time."
He looked over at Marie and blinked, "Ah, I'm not very big on gardening, actually, though I do have a modest, rare rose bush in my apartment... The reference to, well... the less said the better. Suffice to say we have a solid lead on the Nephandi in terms of attrition."
He pondered for a bit, "I'll pass your offer on to Chief Morgan... there might be one or two events we're anticipating. Tell me, how are you with countering Technomancy?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:39 pm

Colin stroked his chin, "How much more is at play is hard to say - but it certainly seems the Nephandi's recent activity has stirred everything up; whether they represent the biggest problem, or they just accidentally rocked the boat enough for everything else to come out of the woodwork remains to be seen.

The hedge wizard nodded at that.
"It could be either or, the Nephandi could be responsible for all the troubles you are having, something or someone else could have set something in motion that they are now reacting to, or someone or something could be taking advantage of the chaos the Fallen are causing to move on their own agendas."
Harold summarized.
"It is hard to know for sure which it is.

And true, I might not want to discuss too much with you... I don't think I've told you much that you wouldn't work out for yourself, though, regarding the larger picture.

"No you have not said much that I have not worked out for myself no."

A few minor details, perhaps, that you'd have to dig a little harder for, but generally no more than I expect you'd be informed of in fairly short time."

The hedge wizard nodded at that.

He looked over at Marie and blinked, "Ah, I'm not very big on gardening, actually, though I do have a modest, rare rose bush in my apartment... The reference to, well... the less said the better. Suffice to say we have a solid lead on the Nephandi in terms of attrition."

Marie Danbrock blinked a little and looked confused.
"Well I am sure it is lovely Mr Wainwright, you rosebush I mean."
She said and smiles a little, her husband just nodded he had a feeling he knew what your gardening had entailed or at least that it had entailed hiding a body.

He pondered for a bit, "I'll pass your offer on to Chief Morgan... there might be one or two events we're anticipating. Tell me, how are you with countering Technomancy?"

"Magic is magic to me Mr Wainwright, technomancy or mystical spells makes no difference."
The hedge wizard said.
"I am not very powerful beyond countermagic though, it is what my House specialize in."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Colin smiled to Marie, "It's a Diane Cushing, actually - to my knowledge, the only living specimen in America, from a cutting off Peter Cushing's own bush several years ago... He was a very pleasant man, though rather poorly toward the end. I do my best to keep it alive; seems the least i can do in his memory."
He pondered, "Your specialty, narrow though it is, might prove decisive nonetheless... I will most decidedly have words with Chief Morgan about that. How well would you say you could prepare wards in advance? A sort of null zone?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:26 am

Colin smiled to Marie, "It's a Diane Cushing, actually - to my knowledge, the only living specimen in America, from a cutting off Peter Cushing's own bush several years ago... He was a very pleasant man, though rather poorly toward the end. I do my best to keep it alive; seems the least i can do in his memory."

"That is lovely."
Marie said and smiles.
"I have not heard about the rose you are referring to Mr Wainwright but I do love roses. I would have loved to live in a house with a garden but...we have moved so much from place to place that have been hard to accomplish."
The true believer said, she did not mention that the reason why she had never had a garden was that her family had to move frequently to keep Raymond out of Tradition hands, she only slightly sigh.

He pondered, "Your specialty, narrow though it is, might prove decisive nonetheless... I will most decidedly have words with Chief Morgan about that. How well would you say you could prepare wards in advance? A sort of null zone?"

"Hum...if you are asking whatever or not I can ward a room for example to make is very hard to use magic in there? Yes that I can do, it takes a bit of time to prepare but I can do that. Are you asking however if I can prepare wards in advance and then activate them at the blink of an eye, what your Tradition call hanging spells, then no that is beyond my capabilities."
Harold said and nodded.
"Yes you do take it up with Mr Morgan Mr Wainwright, like I said I do want to repay your Chantry for it's help, though again like I said fair warning I will do whatever I can to help my son, no matter the cost."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:51 am

Colin half-smiled, "Sealing off a measure of space could be a great defensive asset. Good. As for my Tradition, I believe you'll find I have none... I'm an Orphan, as it happens, though I seem to have earned a position of some trust in the Chantry. Be that as it may, now we wait for the downstairs commotion to settle, and the Chief to send for me and Mr. Bergen here."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:00 am

"Like I said Mr Wainwright I can seal of an area and make it impossible, or at least very difficult to use magic there, however it will take time to set up, and since my magic is based on the medieval Hermetic system any spell I cast unless I use vis, or in a more modern terms mana to strengthen the working the magic will dissipate at the beginning of the next sunrise or sundown."
The hedge wizard explained.
"You are an ehm...Orphan? That is what the Traditions call it right?"
Harold asked.
"Good so this is not a Chantry that discriminate against those who do not have a Tradition, or linear mages it seams...our first...ehm host who I assume is here to make sure I and Marie do not leave our rooms."
He said and looked at Dion who smiles back but do not comment the matter.
"Well a wise enough precaution, the first one however was this pleasant psychic girl that my wife rather took a liking to, a Mrs Von Hess I think, and she did seam to be treated as an equal by the mages of this place, though she did seam a bit nervous."
Harold continued.
"Very well we will wait for the commotion downstairs to settle and I honestly hope no one will be hurt."
He said and glanced at the door to the staircase, he was clearly still worried that the monstrosity attacking the third floor would be a danger to his son."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:53 pm

Colin nodded, "Ah, yes, Mrs. von Hess... She and her husband are fine people. A bit modest, perhaps even timid, but quite capable. Actually, come to think of it..."
Colin fished up his phone and tapped down a quick message to Narim, "Who are guarding the cells right now?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:10 pm

"Well I at least found her to be a pleasant woman...she do dowsing do so not?"
Harold asked you as you picked up your phone.

You get a reply back from Narim:

"Currently Antonio Riez is watching over young Mr Danbrock, Darrian Haagen is watching Miss Ceris, and Ingmar Rush have just taken over guard duty for our foul mouthed friend Diego."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Colin smiled as he rang Antonio, "I believe that's her specialty, yes. Ah, Mr. Riez?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Antonio picks up his phone and answers.
"Hello how may I help you? Mr Wainwright is it? I do not recognize your number but I do recognize your voice."
The scribe said politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Colin smiled sheepishly, "Ah, yes, sorry; Wainwright, indeed. I merely called to check on how young Mr. Danbrock is doing, and to give you a heads up in regard to a spot of bother on the third floor. Someone summoned a nasty critter there; Chief Morgan and company are on the matter, though, so you should be safe. But, I thought I should just make sure nonetheless."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:06 pm

"Well there was some trouble stirred up by Ulv Bergen a while ago that scared the kid the way I understand it, and he had not been sleeping last night, but the Chief spoke with him and it do seam like the kid is calmer now, he have been sleeping since I got here, he probably needs the rest."
Antonio said.
"Ah I see thank you for the warning, I will ready something to defend myself and young Mr Danbrock with if need be, we will be fine Mr Wainwright but thank you for letting me know."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Colin nodded, "Thank you, Mr. Ruiz... If you'd pass on the warning to Mr. Haagen and Mr. Rush as well, I'd appreciate it. Good day."
Waiting a moment before hanging up, he smiled to Harold, "Raymond's sleeping; it seems Chief Morgan has been down to speak with him already, and your son is finally calm enough to rest properly... Good. He needs to get some sleep, like everyone else."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Colin nodded, "Thank you, Mr. Ruiz... If you'd pass on the warning to Mr. Haagen and Mr. Rush as well, I'd appreciate it. Good day."

"I will give them a heads up about it Mr Wainwright. Good day to you as well Mr Wainwright."
The Hermetic agreed before you hung up on the call.

Waiting a moment before hanging up, he smiled to Harold, "Raymond's sleeping; it seems Chief Morgan has been down to speak with him already, and your son is finally calm enough to rest properly... Good. He needs to get some sleep, like everyone else."

Marie smiles a little when she hear that her son was resting and Harold nods.
"Perhaps there are some good news to be had then if whatever Mr Morgan said was enough to calm Raymond down enough to sleep."
Harold said and he looked a little hopeful, though still pretty guarded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:53 pm

No, sure, but maybe you knew something. And you did. But it was still very strange.

So... why you don't turn into one spider but a lot? Is that normal?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:14 pm

No, sure, but maybe you knew something. And you did. But it was still very strange.

"I know a little about the Ananasi but not much."
Coawa said and sigh.
"To me they are all very strange."
He muttered.

So... why you don't turn into one spider but a lot? Is that normal?

Alessa shrugged.
"It is normal for me."
She said.
"Our animal form are a multitude of spiders, my guess as to why well I assume it have to do with body mass, the difference between a human body and that of a wolf for example is not so great as to that between a human and a spider, on the other hand hand I have seen this huge 300 pounds, well over six feet Ratkin man turn into this itzy, bitzy white rat that could fit into the palm of your hand so it might have nothing to do with mass at all, however if I loose allot of my spiders I loose mass in my other forms, I might turn and find myself missing a arm or an leg until I consume enough spiders to build the mass back up again."
The Ananasi woman explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:57 am

"Adley get them out of here!" Jeffry Morgan shouted...

While everyone attacked the thing to their best effort, Adley kept himself between it and the pair of Verbena as they tried to get to the stairs, making sure they were not in line of attack. "Go, go, go!" he told them, not taking his eyes off the creature.

...The island monstrosity was still trying to get past the three mages fighting it to get at Beatrice and her delicious Avatar though their efforts had bought you a little time it seamed as it was now wounded at least, though still attacking.

Shooting the hell out of it didn't stop the fucking creature and fireballs didn't even scratch it, it -still- persisted after her even after a blast of prime and being stabbed. 'Hard to put down' was putting it -mildly.-  He kept himself between the thing and the Verbena as they moved toward the stairs ready to attack it or fend of any attacks on Beatrice if it got free of the tangle of attacking magii and within closer quarters. "Keep heading downstairs..." If they made it as far as the stairwell, he will stand ground somewhat away from the top of the stairs so the Verbena could get down safely, covering their backs and closing off the stairs. If that foul creature kept on down the hall towards them, it was going to have to get through him first...and he was ready for it, ready to close some distance, attack it, give Amadeus more time to get to safety with Bee.

// delicious avatar has to be a flaw D:

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:21 am

While everyone attacked the thing to their best effort, Adley kept himself between it and the pair of Verbena as they tried to get to the stairs, making sure they were not in line of attack. "Go, go, go!" he told them, not taking his eyes off the creature.

Amadeus did not have to be told twice, normally he would have wanted to stay and fight, but right now he had to protect Beatrice, and protecting her meant getting her away from that creature, the old Verbena sprinted towards the stairs, holding his terrified, struggling apprentice in his arms as he ran. Beatrice might understand what was going on or she might not, but she did understand there was danger and chaos and her panic did not make it easier for her mentor to run with her, however Amadeus Nassa was a physically strong man and he did manage to get to the staircase and started heading down.

"Keep heading downstairs..." If they made it as far as the stairwell, he will stand ground somewhat away from the top of the stairs so the Verbena could get down safely, covering their backs and closing off the stairs. If that foul creature kept on down the hall towards them, it was going to have to get through him first...and he was ready for it, ready to close some distance, attack it, give Amadeus more time to get to safety with Bee.

The island creature continued after Beatrice, it was hard to know how intelligent it was but it did feel two things somehow, one was that the young Verbena's Avatar was powerful, and the other that it was weakened making it good prey. You see that Jeffry Morgan reloads his gun and fire six more bullets into the monstrosity before it reach you, this slow it down...a bit, the bolt of pure magickal force that Hildegard's songs summoned seamed to hurt it though but not enough to stop it from jumping you, first it tried to tackle you to get past you and onward towards it's intended prey, but then it apparently decided that you smelled pretty good as well and like it had done with Adjan it reached into your soul.

It was a foul feeling when that thing touched your soul and beyond, it was bad enough when it physically touched you, that felt cold like water or more like mud, but a mud that was not completely there, like a memory of being touched by something horrible, when it reached into your soul though, looking for your Avatar it felt like...well it felt worse than when Cita had examined you by miles, her examination had been like a slightly uncomfortable doctor's appointment, this was something foul crawling around in your inner most being trying to eat the most central part of your very soul...your Avatar was clearly frightened by this thing and you feel it's fear, but more overpowering it was angry.
"Burn it...burn it!"
Was it your voice or that of your Avatar? It was hard to say.

Suddenly Adjan was there trying to pull the thing off your and stabbing it again with his knife, and you see your mentor rush towards you a spell shouted as he ran. Behind you you hear someone run up the stairs.
"What the fuck is that thing it is the most messed up shit I have ever seen!"
Came Henrietta Day's voice.
"I have no idea Miss Day but we where told it was a danger to the Awakened, so it should be more safe for us to take it out."
Came the voice of Danny Adlesmith one of the linear mages on loan to Steelhaven from Lux Itineris.
"Well then, time to play with fire."
Said Cloe Jennings another of the linear mages from Lux Itineris.
"If you take care of the offense I will try to get it's attention."
Said Anton von Hess, the hedge wizard sounding much more confident with his own kind than with true mages, and he did his best to make his old body run up the stairs quickly enough to help you.

(OOC: Yes something like, everything in the World of Darkness than can eat Avatars, they want to eat yours in particular, good luck get some protective magick.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:36 am

Colin sighed, and mumbled off a quick prayer for the ones fighting downstairs. "And now we wait..."

((OOC: If that Flaw is worth more than one point, I'd say the campaign is placed in a f***ed up place where Avatar-nomming horrors are WAYYYY too common... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:45 am

Harold nodded he looked worried.
"Yes now we wait."
He said. Dion looked towards the door.
"Do you think they will be alright Mr Wainwright."
The Chorister asked. Marie just sigh, as a mere true believer she was used to sit on the sideline and wait while those closest to her where in trouble.
"I certainly hope all will be well, I do not know these people but I do hope no one will get hurt."
She finally said.

(OOC: Open the door, Avatar nomming, lift the toilet lid and there is something wanting to eat your Avatar hiding in the drain, the neighbor's poodle it want to eat your Avatar, everything have it on the menu. Om nom nom. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Colin nodded slowly, "I... believe they'll be fine. I have faith in their skill, and this building is home to some of the best people I could think of to stand next to in battle... and some of the best to take care of any injured afterward; be it injuries of the mind, body or spirit."

((OOC: Shoggoths in the showers much?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Marie nodded then she sigh.
"It is certainly not an easy world the one you live in Mr Wainwright, and that I get to glimpse through my husband and my son, but I am glad that you think everyone will be alright."
The true believer said then she added in a softer tone of voice.
"For that is not always the case, it seam that the world you live in is a dangerous one."

(OOC: Well the bathroom is the most dangerous place to be in anything horror related.))
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Colin smiled at Marie, "We live in the same world as everyone else, Mrs. Danbrock, it is just that our very nature places us at the front of a war that's been going on for generations. The life of a Mage is not necessarily more dangerous than anyone else's, the threats are merely... different. A great many things that are a danger to the general population are merely inconveniences to those with magical ability, and vice versa. I've faced far less danger in twenty years here than I did in a month in Iraq."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:01 pm

"I understand Mr Wainwright, I guess that for me I am so often left to worry for my husband and my child it seam that the life of a mage must be a truly dangerous one."
Marie said she glanced at her husband then she added.
"But I guess it also depend on what you do with your life, just like with everyone else. I do wonder though why conflict and war follow human kind no matter what they are."
The true believer said then she sigh.
"Well I guess there is nothing to be done about that. Can I offer you some more tea Mr Wainwright?"
Marie asked in an attempt to be useful and polite.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Colin smiled, "Because humanity, as a whole, is rather stupid and more easily motivated by fear and anger than calm and compassion? That applies to all forms of humanity, mind, whether an archmage or a humble grocer on the corner, or a career politician, or any other defining trait of the individual. The best we can hope for is to help our neighbour open their eyes and see a little more beauty in the world than they did yesterday; to show a little more kindness than we did yesterday."
He looked down in his empty cup, "This was delicious, thank you, but I just did finish a rather hearty lunch; I don't think another cup would do me any good right now."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next