Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:53 am

"You might be surprised just how relieved June will be to know her mentor will be wiped off the face of this earth forever."
Hannah said darkly then she shook hear head.
"Well first of all no faction is better in the Dark Umbra than the Nephandi, you think the Labyrinths here on earth is bad Mr Wainwright, you do not want to know what go on in the Umbra, secondly June just do not have the power to travel the Deep Umbra, that requires a Mastery of magick that far exceed any of our ability save that of Mr Morgan."
Hannah said then she sigh and nodded.
"I will see what I can do."
She muttered and walked into the ship.

Adley you can hear footsteps at the door to the tass room and then you hear Hannah's voice.
"June...oh...June what have my mother made you do now."
You see Hannah walk into the room and June looks up at her with tears in her eyes.
"Hannah...please run...please..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Adley Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:04 pm

"...do not get me wrong Traditionalist I am Malfean I worship the Wyrm, and I want to do so, I just happen to feel I do not have to be a dick to everyone around me to walk my own personal path towards non existence."

Torturing people and threatening their loved ones, trying to blow an entire umbral dock, was more then being a dick, but he didn't comment on her choice of understatement. She knew first hand, having been tortured at the hands of them herself. Even if she professed to wanting to not-exist, he couldn't help but wonder what might have been if she did not meet that man. But he did not get her wrong - like his pater, he knew she was a Nephandus and he could not do anything about it, not in this life.

"Yes either they would find my reincarnation...or the Traditions will and well that would not be good now would it. However if I do what they say they will have no reason to hurt me when they find me, not that my shitstein of a teacher have ever needed a reason..." The Nephandus said.

"Until the next time they find something they need you to do, and that you do not want to do, and then they will have their reason again. Assuming they needed one to cause you suffering."

"But how...how can you stop them...I learned long ago that I might get...hurt in either case but not doing what I am told just makes it so much worse." June looks down at her string. "I...I just want all of it to be over."

"How can we stop them?" he repeated. "The first step is right here, right now. Don't do this. That is how...June, you know so much about the Labyrinth, you would know how yourself. You would not have to ask me, only give us the opportunities to do what we must do."

"Please just take her to safety..." June muttered she looked down at the string she was holding, her focus. "I...do not want to hurt Hannah, I...love her..." The Nephandus admitted

"I cannot do that, June. The fact is, this is the tip of an iceberg. That if we do not stop your labyrinth, there will be no where that is safe for Hannah or anyone else."

"But if I do not do this and manage to flee then Lisa Larson or my mentor will get me and you can not imagine what they will do to me...if I do not do this and I die then well the same thing torture beyond belief...and if I do not do this and do not manage to die or flee, well you know what the Traditions do to Nephandi...though at least in that there would be peace at the end." June muttered and sigh. "Please I have no options take Hannah and run!"

"You said he has not returned, your teacher. Perhaps he is not going to return. But if you seek peace then...listen to Hannah and consider what I am saying, please. Because I cannot run, there will be no where to run, June when the labyrinth keeps marching onwards, stripping Boston with terrorism. You have an option - one that may benefit Hannah and all of these people here, one that means you choose not to be a tool of those monsters."

"Damn you...run...take Hannah and run..." June said then finally she started crying, sobbing softly. "I do not want to kill anyone...I just want to walk the Black Spiral and reach non existence...I just...I do not want to kill Hannah, and I...but I do not want to be tortured again..."

"I cannot run," he repeated. "There will be no where to run if this runs its course and your Labyrinth succeeds then it will be a world of monsters. I cannot let that happen. And I am begging you...if yo do not want to kill anyone, then do not."

"Well she be protected...Hannah I mean? Will you make sure her mother never get her hands on her?" She asked as if your words was reaching her and she was considering stopping...at least considering disobeying Lisa Larson's orders. "Hannah is the one good thing in my life...I just want her to have what I never did...I want her to be safe and happy..."

"Hannah is a woman of her own mind and choices as you probably already know. I cannot be sure because I do not control everything. But yes, we are trying, June. I also believes she deserves a chance to be happy. She is a strong person, to have come through so much and not given in and to try to make her own way out of the darkness. I am trying to protect her, from her mother, give her those chances if she wants to take them, if she is able to take them. If you want to give her what you never could have then help us, please...because there will be no safety or happiness for a world that the K'llasshaa wish to bring upon us."

Adley you can hear footsteps at the door to the tass room and then you hear Hannah's voice. "June...oh...June what have my mother made you do now." You see Hannah walk into the room and June looks up at her with tears in her eyes. "Hannah...please run...please..."

He looked over his shoulder quickly, hearing Hannah's voice and footsteps. His face was grim. He had been talking to her for several minutes and he'd been asked to run away several times, and here it was again, June telling Hannah to run. But if she did...then June might see fit to blow the place. Which was the only reason that he'd agreed to bring Hannah with them...he did not think Hannah would run from her friend. But he moved slightly so she could have room in the strange ship near June, looking to see if Colin or the Chief was with her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:59 pm

"Until the next time they find something they need you to do, and that you do not want to do, and then they will have their reason again. Assuming they needed one to cause you suffering."

June sigh and looks down at the complicated pattern of her string.
"My mentor set me up at the Labyrinth's whipping boy, I might be luckier next time around but I do get your point."
The Nephandus muttered.

"How can we stop them?" he repeated. "The first step is right here, right now. Don't do this. That is how...June, you know so much about the Labyrinth, you would know how yourself. You would not have to ask me, only give us the opportunities to do what we must do."

"I...well I guess I have some knowledge about the Labyrinth."
June said but fear shone in her eyes at the thought of betraying the Nephandi.
"Damned it but I would be happy if that place was eradicated."
The young woman whispered, afraid that anyone would hear her.

"I cannot do that, June. The fact is, this is the tip of an iceberg. That if we do not stop your labyrinth, there will be no where that is safe for Hannah or anyone else."

June did not reply she looks into the wall but it was clear that she realized that Adley was right.

You said he has not returned, your teacher. Perhaps he is not going to return.

"Hopefully he is dead in a ditch somewhere."
June muttered and there was hate in her voice.
"Or better yet perhaps one of your bloody Chantries have him."

But if you seek peace then...listen to Hannah and consider what I am saying, please. Because I cannot run, there will be no where to run, June when the labyrinth keeps marching onwards, stripping Boston with terrorism. You have an option - one that may benefit Hannah and all of these people here, one that means you choose not to be a tool of those monsters."

"I..."
June begun then she sigh.
"You are right if Lisa Larson's plan succeeds then this whole city if not more will be covered in darkness and I do not want that for Hannah..."
The young Nephandus looks down at her focus again.
"It is not that easy to not be a tool when I know how badly I will be punished for disobedience, you many think me a coward, perhaps I am...but...I just do not want to be hurt anymore."

"I cannot run," he repeated. "There will be no where to run if this runs its course and your Labyrinth succeeds then it will be a world of monsters. I cannot let that happen. And I am begging you...if yo do not want to kill anyone, then do not."

June hesitated you could see the conflict in her eyes, she was terrified of the other Nephandi but at the same time she did not want to kill thousands of people...and she did not want to kill Hannah.

"Hannah is a woman of her own mind and choices as you probably already know.

"Oh yes she is."
June said and for the first time she smiles.
"Very few can make Hannah do anything she do not want to."

I cannot be sure because I do not control everything. But yes, we are trying, June. I also believes she deserves a chance to be happy. She is a strong person, to have come through so much and not given in and to try to make her own way out of the darkness. I am trying to protect her, from her mother, give her those chances if she wants to take them, if she is able to take them. If you want to give her what you never could have then help us, please...because there will be no safety or happiness for a world that the K'llasshaa wish to bring upon us."

June looks up at you, then she turns as she sees Hannah then she sigh.
"I can not take Hannah's future from her...I...will hold the rote, but I can not dismantle it as it is not my spell, I am nowhere near that powerful, but I will hold it for as long as I can until someone else dismantle it."
The young Nephandus mutters, fear in her voice.

He looked over his shoulder quickly, hearing Hannah's voice and footsteps. His face was grim. He had been talking to her for several minutes and he'd been asked to run away several times, and here it was again, June telling Hannah to run. But if she did...then June might see fit to blow the place. Which was the only reason that he'd agreed to bring Hannah with them...he did not think Hannah would run from her friend. But he moved slightly so she could have room in the strange ship near June, looking to see if Colin or the Chief was with her.

Colin and your Mentor was waiting at the entrance to the ship you see. Hannah kneels down besides June and put her arms around the young Nephandus.
"Tell the Chief...he is a Master of Forces is he not."
Hannah said, she avoided using Jeffry's name for now.
"Tell him to take that rote apart, she will not detonate it...will you June?"
Hannah asks and June sigh.
"Your side fight dirty bringing you here but no...I will not detonate it, I will take that punishment...as long as I know that you are safe."
Hannah gently kissed June on the forehead.
"I...will find some way to protect you June...I will find some way..."
Hannah then looked up at you gratitude in her eyes for managing to talk June down, gratitude not only for her own life but for stopping her friend to adding thousands of more lives to the guilt of her corrupted soul.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Colin sighed, "So, Chief... do you think you can dismantle the spell, if Miss Summers is willing to hold it steady for you?"

((OOC: Not really much for Colin to do right now, except wait... Seem there's enough of a crowd inside the ship, and really, Adley seems to have things well in hand there. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Jeffry glanced in the direction of the main building.
"I hope so, I at least stand a good chance to be able to, I have made a Ball of Abysmal Flame before, though not one that have then been made into a hanging spell, still I know the rote...the problem will be releasing the Quintessence the rote have collected safely, but I think I will be able to do it, the first step though is getting Miss Summers to be willing not to detonate but hold the rote inactive to give me time to work."
The old mage said and scratched his head.
"But no it will not be the safest thing I have ever done in my life."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Colin nodded, "Any chance you could crystallize the Quintessence into a pile of - presumably disgusting - Tass? Anything I might be able to do to help dispose of it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:45 pm

"I...well I guess I have some knowledge about the Labyrinth." June said but fear shone in her eyes at the thought of betraying the Nephandi. "Damned it but I would be happy if that place was eradicated."

"What you know could aid in that, whatever you tell me, tell us could be put to use. We must stop this."

"It is not that easy to not be a tool when I know how badly I will be punished for disobedience, you many think me a coward, perhaps I am...but...I just do not want to be hurt anymore."

"I know it is not easy. But it is necessary...otherwise there will be much suffering and death."

June looks up at you, then she turns as she sees Hannah then she sigh. "I can not take Hannah's future from her...I...will hold the rote, but I can not dismantle it as it is not my spell, I am nowhere near that powerful, but I will hold it for as long as I can until someone else dismantle it."

The sense of his relief was palpable but it did not last, as he knew they were hardly out of the woods yet. But there was a chance. "Thank you."

Tell the Chief...he is a Master of Forces is he not." Hannah said, she avoided using Jeffry's name for now. "Tell him to take that rote apart, she will not detonate it...will you June?" Hannah asks and June sigh.

He nodded.

Hannah gently kissed June on the forehead. "I...will find some way to protect you June...I will find some way..." Hannah then looked up at you gratitude in her eyes...

He didn't know how grateful she would be once she realised there was likely no way to protect June but at least they could be together for a little while. At least (or at most, perhaps given the situation) June was choosing something else, rather than blow the port. He felt that Hannah would appreciate that and maybe June too, if she did not want her to think of her as a monster. He headed towards the door at speed, looking between Colin and his pater, glad to see them both. "June says she will hold the spell as long as she can so someone can dismantle it. Is there any way that I can assist you with that task or should I stay here, with them?" He knew when he was out of his league and a Ball of Abysmal Flame was definitely that, but he'd help in any way he could. Time was still short, June could not hold the spell forever...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:55 am

Colin:

Jeffry nodded as he glanced at the Orphan.
"Hopefully I will be able to crystallize the Quintessence in the rote into tass, how corrupted it is we will have to see, some of it at least will be pretty bad."
He said then he added.
"Once we have the crystallized tass we have to either take it with us if it is not to bad or get rid of it, I might need your help then Mr Wainwright, but we will have to see how bad it is."

Adley:

"What you know could aid in that, whatever you tell me, tell us could be put to use. We must stop this."

June hesitated, telling the Traditionalists anything would make the Nephandi even more angry at her, but on the other hand if her Labyrinth got wiped out, no one would be looking for her anymore.
"You may ask Hermetic, and I will answer the questions I choose to answer."

"I know it is not easy. But it is necessary...otherwise there will be much suffering and death."

June looked at Adley for a moment she did not answer she just nodded slightly.

The sense of his relief was palpable but it did not last, as he knew they were hardly out of the woods yet. But there was a chance. "Thank you."

Again the Nephandus just nodded to the young Hermetic's words.

He headed towards the door at speed, looking between Colin and his pater, glad to see them both. "June says she will hold the spell as long as she can so someone can dismantle it. Is there any way that I can assist you with that task or should I stay here, with them?" He knew when he was out of his league and a Ball of Abysmal Flame was definitely that, but he'd help in any way he could. Time was still short, June could not hold the spell forever...

"Thank the heavens."
Jeffry nodded though he had never been particularly religious.
"I do not think there is much you can do to help with this one mea filius, working on concert with another mage can add power to a rote but it is not power I need now it is precision..."
The old mage said then he sigh.
"However I need one of you to guard June, and guard her well until I am done for it would not surprise me if the Nephandi have a contingency plan if she refuse to do the job, that Nephandus have to stay alive for as long as she is holding that rote back...and the other one of you..."
Jeffry looked first at his apprentice and then at Colin.
"The ball will have been started with Qlipothic magick and depending on how much of the Quintessence in it are drawn from a deeply Entropic or corrupted source...working with it can cause me to attract Jhor and to much of it to be safe, I might end up more of a danger than the ball. I need one of you to first guard me so no one disturb me while I work and then when I am done...be able and willing to put a bullet in my head if I start to either loose control due to Jhor or the shock to the system send me into a Quiet for a Jhor driven Twilight...I would not want to put that task on any on you...and hopefully it will not be necessary but to be safe one of you have to stand there with a gun ready, I am a Master of three Spheres..."
Jeffry did not say anymore, he had already laid out what had to be done if dismantling that ball affected him badly.
"So choose, but choose quickly which one of you will stay with Miss Summers and keep her safe while I work, and which one will come with me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:34 am

Colin nodded, "Adley, you're on good footing with Miss Summers. I'll go with the chief. Besides... I have an idea which might be helpful... I'll explain on the way. Also, I have my pistol with me, and I'm rather loath to give it away."
He stepped up next to Morgan, "Let's see if we can't avoid needing it entirely, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58 am

Jeffry looked at the Orphan and nodded, there was some relief in his eyes, he would not have ordered the possible task of killing him on Colin, but he was glad that he volunteered, he did not want Adley to have to have that task.
"Yes Mr Wainwright, let us hope that is not necessary."
He said then he turned to Adley.
"Keep the Nephandus safe, now once I am done picking the ball apart off course you will be expected to arrest Miss Summers, however as she do seam to be a fairly capable mage, no one will blame you if she slips through through fingers."
That was all Jeffry could do to let June flee this time, to let a Nephandus flee would be a serious breech of Protocol, punishable by death or worse, however no one would blame and Initiate not being able to overpower a woman that had shown to be a Disciple of at least two Spheres, perhaps three.
"Stay safe, and keep an eye on Miss Larson as well, we can not let our enemies have here."
The old Hermetic told his apprentice and for a moment his eyes met Adley's then he turned and ran towards the main building, there was only so long June would be able to hold that rote so he had to pick it apart as soon as possible.
"So your idea Mr Wainwright?"
The old mage asked as he ran.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:16 pm

Colin kept up with Morgan, "I somehow... Understood a little more about the manipulation of raw Quintessence, just as I was about to step through the portal. Sort of like a little spark igniting in the back of my head. I think... actually, I'm pretty certain I can set up a spell to provide a warning system for you. It would be a derivative of Clearing the Ways; siphoning off Quintessence as you work and essentially burning it off to give a visual warning of when the taint reaches... unhealthy levels. In short, I think I can set up a way for you to funnel out a little more Quintessence than you might otherwise. I don't think I will be able to convert it to Tass, but I should be able to assist you with the magical equivalent of a safety valve."

((OOC: Basically, the effect would be pretty much the same as the Void Engineer rote Divert Prime Force, combined with effectively making a blade of light as per Holy Stroke to burn off the Quintessence and change color depending on the amount of corrupt Quintessence burned... I think it should work.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Jeffry nodded as he run after a while he said.
"A Ball of Abysmal Flame works by igniting gathered up Quintessence. In essence you get it going and then it will draw vis from the surrounding environment and continue doing so until it have stored up a considerable amount and then it detonate it. What this rote have done the way I understood it is exactly that, and then at it's peak the rote was frozen in time and made into a hanging spell...if we are lucky then this rote was set to grow at some normal area, if so the Quintessence I pull out of it will be harmless and the only risk to me is that I will overwhelm my own life patters, it will only be the original working that are Qliphotic. If however the ball was set to grow inside a Labyrinth or somewhere else where there are underworld energies then no warning system will help, I can not stop trying to pick the rote apart or it will blow. I have to convert the Quintessence in the ball to tass for funnel it into the environment, I can not hold that much in my system, I doubt anyone could, but if that thing is filled with corrupted tass working with that much underworld energies...well that is not healthy, so let us hope they put the rote to grow somewhere healthy Mr Wainwright..."
The old mage said then he added.
"But by all means do set up your warning system, it might be useful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Colin nodded, "Already working out the necessary glyphs and circles... going to need something to write with... I'll figure something out there. I believe I should be able to funnel some of the Quintessence out directly, bypassing the need to convert it to tass, though. But not before you open it up, as it were."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:58 pm

"I think I have a pen somewhere on me Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said as he ran.
"You will have to be careful though...but I guess we will not know the details of the rote before I get the chance to examine it properly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Colin grinned, "I have a pen, too - but those are not good for drawing on the floor. But yes, examination first, then action."
He glanced around while running, looking for some markers or painting supplies; at worst, something suitable for carving in the floor of the great hall.

((OOC: Per+Ale roll to spot something suitably useful - 7,7,8,8,9. Dang. O.o ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Well as you get to the main square that would be the parking lot in the physical world there are several little kiosks there selling food, sweets and books, things travels might need, one of the kiosks are a fast food stand and you see they have big squeezing bottles of ketchup and mustard, they you can probably draw on the floor of the great hall with, other than that there are no paining supplies that you see, not without actively going looking for it.
"You do have a point there Mr Wainwright, no indeed a pen might not be to useful to draw on the floor with."
Jeffry said as you passed the kiosks. You see a group of travelers and Umbra port crew that where guided towards the entrance to the regio by Clive and two other men in the same uniform as him.
"Ladies and gentlemen, keep up please, hurry now we need to get everyone out of here."
One of the men in the Umbra port's security uniforms say as he urge the gaggle of mages and custos to move quicker.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Colin sighed and grabbed two large squeezing bottles; one of each of ketchup and mustard, "I have a suggestion... Assuming we get out of this alive and unharmed, the condiments stay out of the report. It should work for a temporary circle, so long as neither of us starts walking around..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:03 pm

There was no one in the kiosk to protest you grabbing the bottles right now, the owner of the small fast food shop was probably in the group being lead out of the realm at the moment.
"I have made circles with worse things than sauce Mr Wainwright, it should work, though it might not be the most glorious detail of our little operation here."
The old mage said with a wry smile.

You make it back to the main building, it is mostly empty now, you see another small group being led out by Frances while the Etherite you had met earlier stood guarding a place in a corner where the air shimmered as it would over a fireplace, as if something there where very hot.
"It do not look like much to the naked eye now do it Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said to you before he addressed Lori.
"My name is Jeffry Amaris Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau. I am a Master of Forces and Prime, I will see what I can do Madam, you should evacuate with the rest."
The Son of Ether shook her head.
"You are welcome to try deal with the rote Master Morgan, but I can not leave, I am head of security of this Umbra port, if it go down, I go down. I will not abandon my post!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:27 pm

Colin nodded, "Not much at all, now that I'm not looking through my Prime lens. However, knowing what is there is enough for me right now. Miss Birmar, I'm afraid I'm going to have to mess up your pristine floor; I would appreciate it if you didn't smudge on the lines until we're done."
He gave Lori a wink and started drawing - the familiar octagram for his Clearing the Ways rote, the lines in mustard and the glyphs at the eight corners in ketchup, and another circle at the center, also in ketchup, with a series of pictograms and glyphs along the inner edge. Then he checked over the whole pattern to make sure he hadn't messed up anything, and started mumbling; preparing the outer circle to attract and siphon quintessence from the fireball, once 'opened', into the inner circle, where it would form a continuously refreshing blade of pure Prime energy, without the quintessence having to pass through himself or Morgan on the way. With a little luck, the blade should change its hue depending on the flavor of quintessence drawn in...

((OOC: Arete rolls: 2, 3, 7 - 2, 3, 4 - 5, 8, 9 - 2, 4, 7 - 2, 5, 8 - 5, 7, 8... So, the working takes a little while before I hit six successes, it seems... Not letting the spell start up before Morgan has a stable "incision" to work through, though. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Colin nodded, "Not much at all, now that I'm not looking through my Prime lens. However, knowing what is there is enough for me right now.

Jeffry nodded to you before he glanced at Lori Mirmar again for a moment.
"Very well Miss Birmar, I do admire your courage though I would feel better if you where safe."
The old mage said as he knelt down beside the rippling air marking where the Ball of Abysmal Flame was located, he was an old fashioned man and he did not like for a woman to be in danger.

Miss Birmar, I'm afraid I'm going to have to mess up your pristine floor; I would appreciate it if you didn't smudge on the lines until we're done."

"The floors can be washed Sir, providing they do not blow up."
Lori said as she stepped slightly out of the way to give you room to work.
"I have two Hermetics in my Cabal and one Verbena, I think I can avoid stepping on your focus."

He gave Lori a wink and started drawing - the familiar octagram for his Clearing the Ways rote, the lines in mustard and the glyphs at the eight corners in ketchup, and another circle at the center, also in ketchup, with a series of pictograms and glyphs along the inner edge. Then he checked over the whole pattern to make sure he hadn't messed up anything, and started mumbling; preparing the outer circle to attract and siphon quintessence from the fireball, once 'opened', into the inner circle, where it would form a continuously refreshing blade of pure Prime energy, without the quintessence having to pass through himself or Morgan on the way. With a little luck, the blade should change its hue depending on the flavor of quintessence drawn in...

As you work your rote you hear Jeffry chant in Latin, Greek and something that might be Enochian, he was extremely focused on the rote before him, his hands moving in elegant, precise motions, after some time of chanting the old Hermetic spoke.
"Get ready, I will start to siphon Quintessence from the rote now Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"If your rote work it should be able to take some of the pressure of me..."

Then there was a feeling of heat in the air, heat and a smell of rot and in your inner circle something start happening, there is no glow, now from this it is more like an absence of light, a darkness darker than blackness that smell like rotten eggs and a five days old corpse.
"Wonderful."
Jeffry mutters as he focus on his work.
"Hopefully the rest of it will be less Entropic."

Lori have taken a pair of goggles from her pocked and put them on and she is adjusting several knobs and switches on the copper colored goggles as she looks at what you and Chief Morgan is doing.
"Holy shit!"
She mutters.
"Now that are some distasteful Quintessence."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 pm

Colin grimaced at the sight - at the very least, his rote should plod along on its own without any interference until the quintessence supply ran out. In the meantime, Colin drew up his pistol and pulled over something to sit on, and started meditating, keeping a very clear focus on Morgan, to make sure he didn't end up going off the deep end... and preparing for what would have to be done, should he actually do so.

((OOC: I don't know how much quintessence that thing can siphon off, but hopefully, it can suck up enough parallel to Morgan to keep the worst from happening... Also, ew. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Jeffry worked, you can see that he is sweating, this is clearly difficult work and is pressing him to the edge of his ability, after a while the color, if you could call it that of the flame in the center of your circle changed, there was still that rotten, darker than black mess in there, but there was now also the swirling, ever changing lights and colors of more dynamic Quintessence, the old Hermetic seamed hardly to notice though, he just continued working, his eyes intent and focused, his voice low and controlled as he worked on dismantling the rote before him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Colin remained silent and focused on any changes in Morgan's appearance and posture, only briefly tracking changes in the glittering shard of energy.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:23 pm

June hesitated, telling the Traditionalists anything would make the Nephandi even more angry at her, but on the other hand if her Labyrinth got wiped out, no one would be looking for her anymore. "You may ask Hermetic, and I will answer the questions I choose to answer."

"How about we start with how to get in the twice damned place...and out."

"I do not think there is much you can do to help with this one mea filius, working on concert with another mage can add power to a rote but it is not power I need now it is precision..." The old mage said then he sigh.

He nodded at that. He certainly did not have precision when it came to something of that magnitude and was not egotistical or crazy enough to think otherwise.

Jeffry did not say anymore, he had already laid out what had to be done if dismantling that ball affected him badly. "So choose, but choose quickly which one of you will stay with Miss Summers and keep her safe while I work, and which one will come with me."

Adley squeezed his eyes shut and then opened them. Could he do it? He thought...he could, yes without hesitation if that was the outcome, if he'd been turned into a maddened monster. But he was not sure about what might happen afterward...He had no skill in entropy though and there was nothing to fight, his other tendency would be to protect the others.

Colin nodded, "Adley, you're on good footing with Miss Summers. I'll go with the chief. Besides... I have an idea which might be helpful... I'll explain on the way. Also, I have my pistol with me, and I'm rather loath to give it away." He stepped up next to Morgan, "Let's see if we can't avoid needing it entirely, though."

"If you have an idea," he nodded to Colin. "I have a weapon."

"Keep the Nephandus safe, now once I am done picking the ball apart off course you will be expected to arrest Miss Summers, however as she do seam to be a fairly capable mage, no one will blame you if she slips through through fingers..."Stay safe, and keep an eye on Miss Larson as well, we can not let our enemies have here."

"I do not think Hannah will not let me take her in, she said she would kill her first," he sighed. But -that- problem would be moot if the pair didn't hurry on. He nodded at his mentor, looking back at him and drawing himself back together. Then he said to him and Colin, "Good luck."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Colin:

There where the changes that came with fatigue, the old mage's dark cheeks where flushed indicating that his heart was racing, and he was sweating enough to make a lock of his graying black hair get stuck to his forehead and his voice shook slightly as he continued to chant, as he continued to use all his focus and considerable magickal power to try to dismantle the Ball of Abysmal Flame, he showed no signs of being overtaken with Jhor...not yet at least.

Adley:

"How about we start with how to get in the twice damned place...and out."

"There are two entrances...one is in a car repair shop located in the suburbia that separate Boston and Worcester, the shop was once called Brown's Auto Repair but it is long since gone out of business, it the back of the shop there is a room that was once the break room for the auto shop's workers, there is a mirror there if a portal is ordered in the Dragon's Tongue it will open."
June said and glanced up at you.
"The second portal is located in the cellar of the Walmart over James Street. If you go to the deepest level of the basement you will find a completely empty room, this is a Node you should be able to feel it, a man used to bring young girls there to torture and kill, as you can imagine the Quintessence is more fitting to us than to Traditionalists like you. In this room you will find a Umbrood, she her name you will not be able to pronounce but she do tend to respond to those that try to contact her regardless, how to get her to open the portal into the Labyrinth when you can not speak the Nephandi Language however is up to you."

"I do not think Hannah will not let me take her in, she said she would kill her first," he sighed. But -that- problem would be moot if the pair didn't hurry on. He nodded at his mentor, looking back at him and drawing himself back together. Then he said to him and Colin, "Good luck."

"Do what you can, but taking Miss Summers in is not a great priority, I suspect she will flee from her own Labyrinth as well, getting her out of our hair for now, see if she is willing to give us any information, and try to arrest her, for if you do not try then you might get into trouble with Tradition law, but do not put yourself or Miss Larson in danger, I do not expect Miss Summers to still be there when I come back from dealing with the rote..."
Jeffry said and he did not add the if I come back.
"Thank you mea filius...we might need that luck."
Jeffry said before he headed of towards the main building.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next